[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Xevin_p99_logo.jpg (67 KB, 800x450)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Account Creation and Installation:
>https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

Which Class Should I Pick?:
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen's_Class_Selection_Guide
>Avoid Wizard, Warrior, Rogue, Ranger if you are a new player. They are either bad, or take hundreds of thousands of platinum in order to compete with other classes.

Newbie Guides:
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Midoo%27s_EQ_Guide_For_WoW_Refugees
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Jval2529%27s_Guide_for_People_Coming_from_Modern_MMOs
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Dumbledorf%27s_Norrath_in_a_Nutshell:_A_Beginner%27s_Guide

Where should I level up?:
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide
>https://wiki.project1999.com/The_ROLS_Hunting_Guide_for_Progression_Servers_V0.3

Previous: >>454055
>>
File: do.jpg (86 KB, 384x429)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
first for dogbolds
>>
File: Cazic Thule.png (2.18 MB, 1684x1050)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Had an adventure down to the bottom of the Avatar of Fear Pyramid last night. Unfortunately the actual Avatar never spawned, but I did get to swim around in his giant green goo-bubble altar.
>>
File: dorf city in the ice.png (2.76 MB, 1681x1051)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>>
File: giant slaying.png (2.14 MB, 1682x1050)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>
File: brell serellis.png (2.17 MB, 1678x1047)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>kneeling before an idol of the dwarven god
>>
File: hadden.png (53 KB, 160x548)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>490873
>Avoid Wizard, Warrior
>my brother and I played Halfling Warrior (me) and High Elf Wizard (him) when we were kids
>finally hit 30 mid luclin
it definitely didnt have to be that bad
>>
I think I need a new weapon or something Im getting owned in melee now at 20
>>
>>490873
>cross-linking in the OP
Are you trying to get EQ threads removed from /vm/? What’s wrong with you?
>>
>leveling fletching
>watching my platinum slowly drop
>wankers cramp in my wrist from all these combines
>terrible RNG denying me the skill ups I so desperately need
>skill's barely up to 80 now
This is rough.
>>
>>491570
Its really bad, you cant even make anything that great either a 100pp bow from a lvl 20 mob is better than the best fletched bow

Combines technically save space slightly (especially with silver arrows but lol cost) but you pay for it in carpal tunnel its just not worth it
>>
LV6 Druid still looking for party.
>>
Ak'Anon music is too good I wanna be a gnome
>>
My desire to play Monk is at odds with my desire to run fast
>>
File: cubert.png (174 KB, 357x257)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
cubeert
>>
>>491682
I know that feel, the only classes I have over level 40 are bard, druid, and shaman. Playing anything else is misery.
>>
>>491528
>Are you trying to get EQ threads removed from /vm/? What’s wrong with you?
Sorry, I'm new here didnt know it was against the rules.
>>
>>491522
What weapons are you using? Also what class?
>>
>>491616
Learn how to use the /who function. Find someone and make friends with them. Someone who can't heal would probably love to join you.
>>
File: agua.gif (19 KB, 90x90)
19 KB
19 KB GIF
>>491892
Man I tried to talk to everyone twice and I didn't even get replies, one of them even camped and exit'd for some reason.
>>
>>491940
you activated their spaghetti card
>>
>>491940
What is your name? I have an extra wraith bone hammer you can have. That should help your soloing.
>>
>>491940
Also go genocide skeletons for bonechips in East Freeport and sell them to necros for 10p a stack. You can buy some starting gear with that money to make things easier. East freeport and the area right beside it across the zone line in north ro has tons of skeletons. You should be able to make like 100p-200p in an hour if you have it to yourself. Then but some noob crafted armor in the EC tunnel, and you should be set.
>>
File: EQ000118.jpg (427 KB, 1600x900)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>491940
>>492040
>see bear
>kill bear
High quality bear skins are worth 20-25p each and will be your biggest money maker early on. Low quality pelts from any animal can get you some decent pocket change as well.
>>
>>491940
Somebody in the last thread wanted to group with you but you just straight ignored them
>>
File: refugees welcome.jpg (32 KB, 373x678)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I just sold someone 3 stacks of food for 130p in Iceclad Ocean.
>>
File: walrus tooth.png (51 KB, 407x201)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Just found a walrus tooth if any newbie rogues can use it.
>>
>just want to play with anons
>no way to find anons
Take me back to green launch bros...
>>
>>492227
Posted my character like 4 times. Add me as a friend fag.
>>
>>491734
I am playing Ranger now purely for SoW, it was the deciding factor

Wish I could be a Halfling rather than Wood Elf though
>>
>>492307
>I am playing Ranger now purely for SoW
Based retard.
>>
>>492319
cringe
>>
File: free for anons.png (159 KB, 791x367)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
I found these this afternoon if any newb anon wants them
>>
Does anyone want a bard for groups? What do they do there? I like to play support and stuff but I don't like doing the pulling because I've got maybe a few days /played across all my characters as opposed to these chads with years of experience.
>>
>>492347
>Does anyone want a bard for groups?
Yes bards are wonderful. Invest in good weapons, and invest your starting points in Charisma.
>>
>>492347
Bards definitely expected to pull, what you do exactly will depend on group though as you can kind of do anything, but Mana Song and CC are probably your most important things
>>
>>492350
Nice, thanks. I did go with Charisma.
>>492351
Well fuck me. And yeah, speed and mana songs sounded fun.
>>
>>492353
Setup macros for twisting too.

/stopsong
/cast 1
------------
/stopsong
/cast 2
------------
/stopsong
/cast 3

Then you just hit 1 2 3 1 2 3 on your keyboard after each song casts and the macros will cast the first, second, and third songs on your spell gem bar over and over. You can keep 3 songs going at a time doing that. 80% of bards are incapable of figuring out this simple concept.
>>
>>491940
>one of them even camped and exit'd for some reason.
>>
>>492227
I think I mentioned it before, but Fallen Leaves is still alive for anyone who want to join to try and group together. Right now there seems to be only 2 of us though.
I do agree I also miss launch. I wish it went better in the first guild, we should have made it with 2 leaders because it ended up splitting people...
>>
How do I manage monk weight without summoned bags? Even stuff with like 35% weight reduction isnt enough, everythings just so damn heavy, even bandaids
>>
>>492506
Here is a list of all of the weight-reducing bags in the game. The 100% reduction ones are going to be very expensive, but some of these are definitely attainable for the average player such as the Bag of Sewn Evil Eye.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Weight-reducing_Bags
>>
for any anons interested in EQ PvP, another server named VZTZ is launching this upcoming Friday, January 7th
discord server: discord(dot)gg/zbEKfVup
>>
Is there a Luclin server like P99?
>>
File: 1531513299549.jpg (42 KB, 538x960)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>491940
you're still level 6 after five days of complaining you can't find any mobs
you are a liability to me and my party. you must show signs of improvement before i welcome you.
>>
The mana tic roll back thing drives me crazy I can't keep track of it correctly

I wish we had more non magic classes
>>
>>492035
Kios. We can meet whenever you want bro.

>>492089
I didn't, the thread just died as I woke up.

I'm EU so my timezone is kinda fucked too lol.
>>
>>492553
The pvp in EQ is absolute irredeemable garbage, and that is coming from somebody who literally only ever played on Rallos Zek when I played back in the day.
>>
>>492583
Alright well you aren't logged in. I am in freeport right now, but I am going to be heading out on adventures soon.
>>
>>492652
Logging in!
>>
File: ding.png (10 KB, 263x62)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
hell yeah motherfucker
>>
>>492691
Hey there is a level 6 druid from the thread who needs a buddy. His name is "Kios" you should message him. Hes in butcherblock right now.
>>
Hey Kios, here are the spots I showed you in butcherblock, you can probably get to level 10 pretty easily hunting here. You could probably do the dwarf skeletons in the south right now. I would try them out if I were you. Theres more of them near an undead spire to the west, and a ruined druid circle a little further west. I think they are level 5. You can kill those easily all the way to 10.

In the north, Krags, Goblins and Scarabs can get you to level 6-7.
In the south, dwarf skeletons, goblins, and scarabs are going to take you to level 10.

Check crushbone periodically though and see if people want to group up with you.
/who all crushbone
>>
>>492771
bro....his level is 50% higher than mine.......
>>
>>492779
You are like an hour and a half behind him.
>>
File: the gang's all here.jpg (608 KB, 1600x900)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>492777
Not sure how it is these days but orc hill in Greater Faydark was always a popular grouping spot from 4-8 before people moved on to Crushbone.
>>
>>492793
Yea, I showed him orc hill and crushbone, there was some dude getting powerleveled at orc hill though.
>>
>>492777
Thanks, need to sleep early to go get new headphones tomorrow.

I'll play more later on.
>>
if I wanted to play everquest just to see some of the original zones would I be better off playing current everquest just to overpower everything later on? I only want to explore I don't really intend to raid or dungeon a lot

I've really become into the game after watching flatts videos but i dont see myself playing it for long. just wanna explore
>>
How the fuck do I solo as an enchanter? I tried doing the iksar exile camp, died three times and the only exp i got was cut in half because of the pet.
>>
welp from the sounds of this general just finding people to play with is a fucking chore and the game is literally made to be played in groups so ill pass

guess ill just stick to videos of the zones then
>>
>>492867
>How the fuck do I solo as an enchanter?
Easily. There are two options:
A) Use your summoned pet that costs reagents.
B) Charm and be a god.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spaid%27s_Solo_Guide
https://wiki.project1999.com/Xornns_Enchanter_Guide
https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide
>>
>>492859
Try playing on retail. If all you want to do is explore, afaik the zones are mostly the same.
>>
>>492867
>find two mobs you want dead, A & B
>charm mob A
>root B
>have A kill B
>when one or the other is about to die, invis yourself
>finish off A as it limps away
>finish off B
>get two full mobs of XP
That's the general idea anyway.
>>
>>492859
The problem with retail is that the zones have all been revamped, so its not the same.
>>
>>492886
>>492897
You didn't seem to quite understand my problem. It's not that I don't know how to charm, it's that the charmed pet sucks balls and I die way too fast.
>>
>>492912
Haste your charmed mob, and slow the mob its attacking. If its the same mob your mob will win every time.
>>
File: noob stuff.png (119 KB, 405x381)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
I found 2 chill daggers and a frost ring if any newbies want them.
>>
Are ac buffs even worth using? If I have 200 ac and a buff gives like 5 ac it seems like it would be worthless. Am I missing something here?
>>
>>493116
Yea, having just a little more AC effectively makes a big deal. AC is weird in EQ.
>>
>>493116
>>493382
The number isnt exactly accurate either(Theres like two kinds that are kinda mixed in the AC number allegedly and some classes get more from 1 AC than others, like Warrior) but yeah its definitely worth it AC is very impactful
>>
>kinda want to play monk or bard again but dont wanna go back to blue cause my friend im playing with is enjoying the character on green

do I reroll

do i finally make a necromancer

do i make a cleric
>>
I wonder if there's a way to make a neutral SK that's not kos by some of the mages in neriak...
>>
>>493460
Erudite SK, Get invis, do the Wine quest in Neriak
>>
>>493460
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine
>>
>>493470
>>493473
Thanks, thought I meant this faction: https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Spurned
The problem being the only way to up it is by killing others or a single quest that also down some factions that are not kos at neutral.
>>
File: fuck yeah mammoth tusks.jpg (820 KB, 1920x1080)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
>finally have the entire tundra to myself and don't have to fight other people for mammoth spawns
>except it's 5am and I'm about to pass out in my chair
It's not fair, bros.
>>
>>492620
rallos zek had an enormously shitty server dynamic compared to the other servers, though
PvP solves every player dispute - blue servers become unplayable and ridiculous when it comes to things like camp disputes
>>
>>493503
just play on a PvP server and kill the people taking your mammoth spawns
>>
>>493515
Green wasn't particularly good either. I remember having issues in high keep goblin camp too.
>>
>>493518
Sorry, I mean blue servers to mean PvE servers, red is colloquially used to refer to PvP servers (where names above players' heads are red, as opposed to blue on a PvE server)
Project1999 Blue and Green have the horrible problem of being overpopulated for an era where people know way too much about the game. If you experience or observe the endgame scene on those servers, it's filled with bizarre rules, drama, ban baiting, etc. When you add in this level of player knowledge and changes to mechanics as a result, you sort of lose the whole "classic" appeal they're going for
>>
>>493520
Yes, I’ve always wondered what p1999 is missing. A server where Seal Team just kills everyone who dares go near a raid mob and the entire experience is basically just 1 mega raid guild vs everyone else on the server. You think that pvp will solve the problems that you have laid out, but in reality all it does is amplify them. The only reason it works on Red currently is because the pop is nonexistent. You are never going to be able to kill someone and take their camp because they are either going to have max level guildies guarding the camp or just griefing the shit out of you if you do successfully kill them. Ahhh yes the classic rallos zek experience, I remember it like it was yesterday.
>>
>>493536
Is Seal Team even still on green? I don't think I've seen them lately.
>>
>>493536
I disagree. On a server like P99 Blue/Green, the only vectors of skill are how long you're able to sit at your computer waiting for a camp to open or a raid mob to spawn and, if it's a raid mob, your ability to tag the mob first. Neither of these things are deep or challenging. At best, you'll be placed in a situation where you have to defeat the engaged mob under stressful circumstances, like before a train you've created wipes you.

In a PvP environment, there are more opportunities to outplay your opponents in either a direct or indirect way. A direct way could be killing them, forcing them to leave, or preventing them from taking what you want. An indirect way could be cleverly avoiding a bad fight and killing what you want before they realize.

If your entire goal is a mostly chill/comfy leveling experience with no interest in the endgame, then I would agree that PvE servers are for you. If you're interested in subverting the monotony of camp disputes and interplayer conflicts with more direct action and opportunities to succeed because of differences in player skill, PvP servers are the way to go. I assure you that the PvP community today is nothing like what you encountered on Rallos Zek, for better or worse. Red99 is a dead server not worth exploring simply because it has been open for over ten years now, but there are newer servers, like the one mentioned above launching this week.
>>
>>492553
>>493603
Is this pvp server on the same type as green? (as in start full classic then release update until velious)
>>
>>493603
I think you have a highly romanticized outlook on what a p99 pvp server would look like. Every single poopsocker on green is in one single guild. The same is also about to be true on blue (again). It is the inevitable conclusion of any p99 server. I don’t feel like it is necessary to explain why this leads to an incredibly boring pvp environment. You are either in <Guild> or you don’t get to play the game. This is only exacerbated by player knowledge, as not only will this one guild have a commanding grip on all of the loot in the game (I’m not exaggerating) which allows their members to continue to get stronger while simultaneously denying anybody else the chance to ever catch up. Yeah sure every once in awhile somebody will troll a raid pull or whatever, but it will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I am curious as to whether or not you play p99, as I feel this is the blaringly obvious outcome to anybody who is familiar with the raid scene on either blue or green. The same thing will happen on any other private server, the only question there is to answer is how long it will take to reach that point. I suspect it won’t take long. By the time you think you would have “subverted the monotony of a camp” or any of the other romanticized ideas you have, you will already have gotten an ice comet dropped on your head from 3 max level wizards for stepping anywhere close to a camp somebody has already claimed.
>>
>>493420
take the necro pill
>>
>>492805
Sorry had a long day, I will get back to playing tomorrow!
>>
>>493639
What's the situation on blue these days? I haven't played in a year or a little longer. I was in Riot and we basically steamrolled every target every pop day. It's a lifestyle for all those guys, almost everyone I knew played 10 hours or longer every day. All I ever did was log in and half afk for dkp and it's so mind numbingly boring it kind of ruined the game for me.
>>
Will the guards murder me for retaliating against the NPC in Qeynos that hates necromancers and smashes your brains out on sight?
>>
>>493621
Yeah, but this one might go past Velious. I'm not sure how far exactly, though. Probably depends on the population.

>>493639
For one, this new server is not a Project 1999 server. I've been playing emulated EQ PvP servers since 2008, including Red99 (from launch for about 4-5 years), and I have a pretty intimate knowledge of how Blue99 and Green99 played out (friends in IB, TR, TMO, Seal Team). Top guilds on EQ servers typically consist of a small amount of core players carrying a swarm of bad players. This applies to PvP servers as well, and smaller, more coordinated groups / underdogs have a fighting chance if they play smart. Poopsocking alone is not going to afford the average warm body a smooth experience in the rest of the game. If your entire goal is to "win," you will either need to A) get organized and challenge the top guild or B) join the top guild. A majority of camps in the game are not under the chokehold you think they are, but if you show up to King Tranix or the manastone camp, expect a fight instead of a queue.

PvP servers are not perfect, but at least you can influence interplayer conflict without resorting to playing petitionquest with GMs. I frequently play in a small group (~6-8 players), and we do very well on every server.
>>
>muffins were removed from p1999
>too much of a poorfag to buy rations
>find out wood elves can just forage food
treefags just can't stop winning
>>
>>493903
Its like 1plat per day cost of rations, thats if you play like 12 hours a day.
>>
File: dillhole.png (136 KB, 417x212)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
well fuck you too
>>493937
I can afford 3 rations right now
>>
>>493942
Where are you? I will buy you some food. Post your name.
>>
>>493903
muffins removed? explain. that doesn't sound right. there are many quests which use them and as far as i know they are classic, plus i just saw some in my inventory a few days ago????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>493968
Muffins are a legacy item on Green now.
>>
>>493975
oh yeah that happens in the karana plague. are the zones gross and green now? any word if its permanent on green? i remember that shit stuck around forever on blue
>>
>>493851
>if your goal is to “win” you will either need to organize against the top guild or join the top guild
By saying this, all you do is prove my point. Even you know it is inevitable. Idk what supposed servers you have been playing on, but they must be very low pop in order to actually have the experience that you proclaim to have. On a high pop server your group of 6-8 underdogs would be an annoyance at best. The same can be said about all of this supposed skill expression you think exists in EQ pvp. Irrelevant when you get zerged by one guild. I’m pretty sure Seal Team has raided more than 1 raid target with over 100 people.
>but then I will just troll the pulls and get them all killed, so skillful!
“””””””””gameplay””””””””” and somehow this is supposed to be better than lawyerquesting?
>>
>>493949
Don't worry about it, I found a food source by following this map
>>492777
because goblins shit rations, thank you though
>>
>>493980
What is your desired outcome if you think it's unreasonable to beat the top guild or join them if you want to kill raid mobs? Instances? Rotations? There have been plenty of EQ emu PvP servers where numbers don't mean everything. A large zerg guild can be dismantled by a smaller and more skilled guild. This has happened on many occasions. I've won large scale PvP fights where the enemy force has massive number advantages. As an example, our guild on Red99 zoned into KC with 80 people against an enemy force of 130. The zone desynced, and we lost 45 people during the lag, while they lost 1. When the lag settled, we won the fight 35v130. Other examples would be guilds like Fish Bait from old VZTZ days having multiple times more players than other guilds, but they were ineffective. A single group of good players can wipe out a raid force of dozens of players with smart play (and I don't mean training).
>>
>>494004
you know how obnoxious you are. what a disgusting loser you are. you are laughed out of every conversation you butt into to scream "PLAY RED PLEASE I HAVE NO ONE TO GANK IN MY ACCOUNT OF FULL BIS TOONS YOULL GET ALL THE MOBS LOL COME PLAY RED"
you're just making shit up. you want people to get up there a bit so you can laugh with your four 55-year-old friends on discord when you own them into oblivion. it's the same thing every time. you'll always know when someone plays red because they'll be begging you to come play it. red is never coming back old man. begone
>>
>>494004
The desired outcome would be that there are actually multiple competitive raid guilds that actually compete against each other at all level brackets, then everything you talk about might actually exist. That is obviously a pipe dream though.
>>494011
What is the purpose of making this post?
>>
>>494011
Did you even read the posts? I suggested people play the new VZTZ server, not Red99. Red99 is a dumpster fire, as is every other Project 1999 server.
>>494019
This isn't as uncommon as you think.
>>
Me and my friend are braaaaand new. I want to be an Iksar shaman and my friend is a dark elf shadow knight. How hard is it for us to play together? Give it to me straight. Should one of us acquiesce?
>>
File: 1637207288621.jpg (62 KB, 1152x486)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>494111
>play iksar
>live on fantasy Australia
>everyone hates you because you're a bipedal cannibal lizard who doesn't play nice with the other lesser races
>even the other evil races think you're an absolute nigger and want to kill you on sight
It's an uphill battle and not something I'd recommend for your first character. If you decide to go with it though it shouldn't be too hard to find a druid willing to port a new player to the Commonlands where you can meet up with your dark elf buddy. Your biggest issue then besides getting killed by everyone and everything is getting access to new spells since even ogres and trolls hate you and won't sell you shit without grinding rep. Most of these problems are only rough at early levels when you don't have the tools to deal with them and quickly turn into minor inconveniences later on.
>>
>>494111
>Give it to me straight.
Don't play Iksar if its your first character. The troubles they have to endure for being "Super Evil" are not something that is going to be fun for a new player. Its manageable if you know Everquest well, but its going to be miserable if you are new. Troll is just as good, if not better, because it has more starting stats and the same regeneration bonus. You are still "Evil" but you are evil and aligned with the DarkElves and Ogres. So you can use their towns and outposts to vendor/train/buy spells. Barbarian is also a really solid pick for shaman but doesnt get the regen bonuses that work so well with shaman spells but you can visit all the "Good" cities, and there aren't guards all over that will destroy you in 2 seconds. Ogre is the "meta" pick for shaman because its technically the best at 60 once you have like 300,000 platinum worth of bought gear/spells and raid gear. The spell "Torpor" which make iksar/troll regen less useful costs 100,000p. Troll is better before you get to that point, but only like 0.5% less than ogre when you get to the very very end. Go troll, you won't regret it. My shaman is a troll.

Dark Elf is a pretty shit race for shadowknight too. Ogre/Troll are much better, but I dont want to be someone to push meta choices.
>>
so are you guys on green or blue?
>>
>>494165
I've got characters on both servers but I'm only playing on green these days.
>>
>>494171
What is your character name? Maybe we can be friends.
>>
I got a level 5 bard now (Drackyma), anyone wanna grindan? I'm in the Greater Faydark area about now.
>>
>>494111
If you're new iksar will cause many annoyances for the both of you. Your dark elf friend will regret his race's low STR keeping him overburdened just from wearing his armor and he will feel that low STA.
>>
are they still being autistic and not letting you use custom UIs on green?
>>
>>494290
You better believe it!
>>
File: Zordbox.png (2.82 MB, 1681x1053)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB PNG
F
>>
>Bonechips ot lvl 5
>realize i ahve no skills
o no
>>
File: offense 9.png (13 KB, 356x223)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>494341
Its not doing that bad I guess
>>
I've always leveled in qeynos doing the huge ton of good exp quests there but I really wanna see Faydwer so I made an alt to check it out but im strugglin, besides Bone Chips to Gunlok Jure I haven't found anything near as good and I'm forced to just kinda slowly grind already as low as 6. Am I missing out on something? I'm running around butcherblock
>>
>>494358
If you are level 6 go to orc hill in gfay and farm orc centurions and then turn in the belts in Kaladim.
>>
>>493837
Yes
>>
>>494363
>>494358
Crushbone belts are a meme. Sell them to twinks for 3pp each, and buy yourself some crafted newbie armor.
>>
File: tailoring time.png (71 KB, 499x327)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Yup... its tailoring time!
>>
>>494390
Why waste time selling belts when you can just get to level 35 and kill 1 giant that will drop 80p? You serious? Early levels blow ass that’s why twinks buy belts in the first place. Get through them as fast as possible so you can actually start playing the game.
>>
>>494402
tfw never had a character past 30
>>
File: Spoiler Image (98 KB, 384x468)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>
File: percussion.png (2 KB, 205x20)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>play my drum
>character uses a stick to play air guitar
>>
wow i made a high elf chanter but it looks like all the good CHA lowbie gear is in Qeynos. looks like i'll have to make a trip.
>>
>fighting in crushbone with an enchanter
>get knocked out
>unconcious, rip me
>suddenly full life
>combat log says nothing
>we run out
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>494572
is there an invis high level druid hiding around there or something?
>>
>>494572
I have seen that happen 2 times. Once was on my SK in runnyeye. The other was to a druid in Iceclad the other day. I am not sure why it happens. Might be a bug.
>>
i made a barbarian shaman awhile back, i want to get out of iceland but i don't get SoW until level 9 :(
>>
>>494402
>Why waste time selling belts when you can just get to level 35 and kill 1 giant that will drop 80p?
Because its miserable as hell using cloth armor from skeletons in the newbie yard going 1-35. AC makes everything easier.
>>
File: 1640082501229.gif (124 KB, 128x128)
124 KB
124 KB GIF
>>494597
>>494601
Not sure. It happened 3 times the same trip. The third time I came back stunned and couldn't move until I sat down and stood back up, but at that point I was dead dead.
>>
File: EQ000049.jpg (691 KB, 1600x900)
691 KB
691 KB JPG
>>494572
Had that happen to me while grinding alone in the sewers awhile back. Just assumed it was some weird interaction with hymn of restoration ticking the same time I got knocked down. Or an invisible GM was watching me and pressed a button.
>>
>>493903
Buy snake eggs, I started recently and that's what I'm munching.
>>
Anyone making a new character? I have a few hours before my static gets going, I would roll with you for a bit if you want.
>>
>>494708
shit i'd go for it since i started playing again for the first time in years tonight, but i'm about to go get some soda and candy and enjoy myself
>>
>>494602
okay so i'm level 7, i'm too high for the ice goblins in the area but i think i'm too low for anything else. i started killing gnolls at the entrance to blackburrow, i went inside and got instakilled by a pat so i really don't want to go back in again. is there anywhere else i could train? hoping the gnoll fang quest is enough to get me to 8, i mostly wanted to get meditate before i go to qeynos/gfay. i'll be able to afford all the level 9 spells i need (including SoW) no problem so i'm not worried about that.
>>
>>494755
Just power through the level on anything that cons blue in the area. Shaman is rough before you get meditate. Have you tried the gnolls at the entrance to blackburrow outside the dungeon? I think theres like 3-4 of them and they are on a 6 minute spawn probably.
>>
Is there a way to quickly switch weapons/etc? I want to have a button to switch to my drums and back, for example.
>>
>>494760
that was the problem i was having, those gnolls are the only thing conning as blue to me. but yeah i'm just doing the ones outside of the entrance to blackburrow. hoping i can get enough fangs to power through to 8. if nothing else the shitty weapons are good plat for my spells.
>>
>>494763
Look in the OP. There are hunting guides by level and zone. I'm doing the efreeti camp right now, so I can't come port you, but there is plenty of stuff to kill in that area, I know for a fact.
>>
to 'disobey' who gave me some items and gold and helped me out with some buffs, thanks dude
>>
>>490873
God I loved EQ so much. Playing from 1999 through 2005 was some of the funnest times. Im constantly looking for anything remotely like EQ was in those days (before they killed it). Are there a decent number of people playing this? Part of the fun was the random people you could group with etc...

Fuuuuck everytime I see something like this it just makes me miss it that much more.
>>
>>494806
there's a progression server that's just about to the end of Velious i think that has 800 people on it right now
>>
How should I solo as a Druid at 16 I'm getting owned so bad
>>
>>494761
You have to keep your inventory open, and manually move them around. This makes optimal bard play the most APM intensive class.
>>
>>494848
Charm kiting
>>
I made a cleric and got to 9 and I liked it but I got freaked out casue Im too shy to group (and have stuff in real life that makes it kind of uncertain in erms of time investment), should I stick with it or should I switch to Druid or Shaman
>>
>>494961
Druid is the far better solo leveler, shaman is better if you want to still be able to easily(ish) get group. Either way I probably wouldn’t stick with cleric if you are mostly planning on soloing.
>>
>>494969
well how bad is Cleric solo, like can it go just kinda slow using healing and meleeing or is it just totally helpless

i much prefer cleric race+flavor but if its just gonna become unplayable at 20 or whenever then i wont want to stick with it
>>
>>494979
>well how bad is Cleric solo
Very. You can sort of blast undead like a really weak wizard but it's slow and incredibly inefficient later on compared to letting someone else beat them up while you heal. Roll a druid or shaman for healing/support with much better soloing options.
>>
I just saw a monk do a roundhouse kick and now i wanna reroll again but I already got a monk on blue
>>
File: 1638529130582.webm (500 KB, 1280x720)
500 KB
500 KB WEBM
Im going too crazy being low level I gotta stop rerolling but I keep regretting my decisions

I have 22 Ranger, 16 Druid, 16 Ench, 9 Cleric, and now 7 Shaman and I dunno what to do, I like the cleric but it can't solo which is important to me, Ranger was a lot of fun but the damage on archery has fallen off pretty bad and seems like itll probably never improve cause there's not a lot of options for bow upgrades that arent 10k+ (I have runed oak bow), Enchanter and Druid both suffer cause I kind of hate charm, I made a Shaman cause I thought it seemed like it fits what I need but I'm kind of just so burnt out on 1-12 that I can barely keep going

I'm going crazy I need help I have no idea what to do I mostly solo sometimes duo but never party, I don't like charm, I do like running fast, huge amounts of downtime kinda bothers me but normal amount is ok, and I'd like to be a gnome if I can, definitely my favorite race
>>
>>494961
EQ is not a solo game. Cleric is a good class. Shaman is a shitter magnet, its a great class, but all the shitters seem to play them. Druid... well idk what druid is supposed to do. They can heal a little bit and port a lot.
>>
>>495025
>I'm going crazy I need help
How can I help you Anon?
>>
>>495025
Ranger is a shit class.
Druid is the worst healer, and generally not that desired in groups.
Cleric is the best raid healer and a good party healer. Doesn't bring much utility.
Shaman is the best party healer, brings the best buffs out of the healers.
Enchanter is the best party support and CC.

> I don't like charm, I do like running fast, huge amounts of downtime kinda bothers me but normal amount is ok
Go Troll Shaman, the reason being shamans at level 24 can eat their HP for more mana. When you combine troll regen with the regeneration spell, it results in less downtime.
>>
>>495025
Bard

Is the best solo class, duos and parties really easily and well with anyone, has 0 downtime, can do any play style, runs the fastest, has charm but doesn't need it, can change race with masks (but there's no Gnome mask)
>>
>>495055
>but there's no Gnome mask
mask of tinkering
>>495025
enchanter is the best solo speed farmer endgame since charm is the most overpowered thing in everquest, but shaman can solo technically harder camps once you get torpor at level 60 and gear
shaman just has a very shitty early game, and it requires a pretty expensive skill to become an endgame powerhouse
ranger requires a lot of gear and is a decent DPS at best, but it's not better than warriors, rogues, or monks. call of the predator and call of earth are nice group/raid utilities endgame, but they're not huge
druid is a very versatile solo leveler, but they fall off somewhat endgame due to a lack of an MR debuff, lack of good animals to charm in most zones. they get decent heals in velious due to chloroblast, but they have a hard time healing a tank as well as a cleric (best) or shaman
tl;dr shaman and enchanter are the two strongest classes in the game all around with shaman being more gear dependent
>>
>>495025
>>495083
I should elaborate on ranger DPS with the DPS hierarchy in a group/raid setting:

1) enchanter/druid/necromancer charmed pet (this one is enormously far ahead of the rest in zones with good charmable mobs, enchanter takes the cake since their charm isn't restricted to mob type)
2) wizard (while they have mana, very niche and would not recommend)
3) any tank with stacked damage shields (better on non-slowed mobs that hit a lot)
4) warrior with precision discipline active (broken discipline on p99, gives 100% hit rate for several minutes)
5) rogue
6) monk
7) magician epic pet
8) ranger
9) magician non-epic pet
10) necromancer pet
11) shadow knight
12) paladin
13) bard (not counting giving damage shields and group improvement via things like mana regen songs, haste, etc.)

priest classes could fit in there somewhere, but they are better off doing other things in a group
>>
>>495090
How's warrior dps without precision discipline active?
>>
>>495025
you could try necro though you'll probably get tired of summoning/resummoning your skeleton for the most xp
>>
>>495104
sorry forgot to add that in
below rogue, about on par with monk, but you don't have an aggro drop like those two have, so monk is inherently slightly better
>>
>>495181
It's quite crazy, I didn't know warriors were such great dps. Do they actually also outdps a mage+their pet and a necro+their pet too? That could mean that a group with a healer and the rest warriors would actually be great dps wise.
>>
>>495203
Not that anon but take the warrior dps estimates with a grain of salt. Warriors can push out dps with good weapons but most of the time you are just going to be using shitty proc weapons (gnoll hide lariat as a classic example) to generate threat because warriors have no way to generate snap aggro other than praying that taunt works.
>>
what elementalkin should i go with to start?
>>
>>495245
I mean blade of carnage...
>>
>>495274
There is a lot of game to play before you get blade of carnage
>>
>>495275
I had it on my warrior originally.
>>
I want to play a magician so bad bros. Is it as awesome as it looks? Do people like having them in groups?
>>
>>495296
idk i'm having fun though, just got my elementalkin lvl 4 spells; i'll let you know how it goes
>>
>>495297
>>495296
so my earth elemental hit the death stick on 3 enemies while i was sitting regenning mana
i came back and saw 3 corpses around me and the mf at full health
>>
File: canimicrohim.png (729 KB, 731x778)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
any way i can micro the lad or nah
>>
>>495325
https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Pet_Commands
>>
>>495349
>https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Pet_Commands
thanks anon appreciate it
>>
>>495325
/pet back off
/pet assist Tank_Character_Name
/pet attack
-----
/pet back off
/pet follow me
-----
/pet back off
/pet taunt off
-----
/pet get lost
----
/pet back off
/pet guard here
>>
>>495296
>Do people like having them in groups?
I dont mind a magician in my group. They are better than a wizard. People used to play them all the time at the start of classic, but you don't really see them anymore for some reason.
>>
>>495245
Warrior is good once you have spent money on them. My "starting set" on my warrior has cost about 15,000 platinum. The cool thing about warrior is that you can really invest money into them heavily and they cap out very late. They also benefit from party buffs heavily.
>>
>>495271
Earth Elemental in groups, Fire elemental when solo
>>
>>495271
Water in groups and fire for solo.
>>
Are dark elves good at anything? Pretty much every class page says "sure you can choose dark elf, but so and so is better". Not that it's stopping me from picking one, just curious. I have no experience with evil races but was thinking about it,
>>
>>495464
evil race politics/factions are kind of a pain to deal with if you're new. would strongly recommend you roll a good race first, even if you don't stick with it, to get the hang of it.
>>
>>495464
>dirt elves
>good at anything
lmao erp maybe
>>
File: dark elf slut.jpg (95 KB, 640x480)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>495464
The females have very nice buttocks.
>>
>>495488
checked cheeks
>>
>>495464
>best fashion
>nice lore and flavor not as cool as iksars, though that's to be expected
>big brains but not the biggest
>appeals to elf enthusiasts and degenerates alike
>the teir'dal are good and honest people and Neriak is our greatest ally
>scrawny as all fucking hell though and rogues, warriors, and SKs suffer for it
They're perfectly adequate but there are better options from a minmaxing point of view.
>>
>>495497
i'd say consider enchanter so at least you'll eventually be able to mitigate most of the faction headaches if you're truly determined to go delf
>>
File: pajamaz.png (451 KB, 525x527)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
I don't play nearly as much as I used to but if anyone needs a hand, or any advice in game, don't be a stranger!
My name is Honko on Green, a 60 Warrior. I spend most my time in game nowadays running around aimlessly so I don't have much going on anyway.
Hope to hear from you guys!
>>
>>495511
Hey I added you as a friend. I am leveling up right now, but if I see you online I will give you a whisper.
>>
>>495514
Sweet! Just logged in myself.
>>
How hard is it to get Foraging stuff? I need a metric shit-ton of berries to level brewing, and I am not a druid/ranger?
Would it be worth it to roll a druid/ranger in order to forage so I can level my brewing?
>>
>>495090
Bard is that low? Dang I figured melee+DOTS was pretty good
>>
@Drackyma
Its not against the rules to trade stuff to your alts.
It is however against the rules to multibox, and this is possible if you use a VPN. A lot of people trade stuff between their alts using a VPN, but it is against the rules and you can get banned for it.
>>
File: 1635985300373.png (705 KB, 1489x758)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
c a l m
>>
>>495592
Alright, thank you.
>>
>>495627
I think the unwritten rule is just, login, do it really quickly, and log out. Don't buff yourself, dont port yourself, dont heal yourself. I've never messed with it myself though. If its an expensive item I get a friend to transfer it or pay someone, and if its a cheap item I just find a hidden spot and drop it on the ground, and log over real quick.
>>
>>495464
Arguably best Cleric, Wizard, Enchanter cause of Hide being really useful for them
>>
just watched two melinated gentlemen get blown the fuck up by Holly Windstalker because they aggro'd a bear as she walked by
>>
File: The depths of guk.png (1.04 MB, 1680x1046)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>
File: rain.png (474 KB, 1235x639)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
Do enemies have higher fire resist in the rain? It seems like the kind of autism this game would have. These skeletons resisted nothing until it really started pouring.
>>
>>495680
Good. Mean noob checks like this are classic EQ and something other games didn't do. Like the level 13 iksar in the fob pit who looks like the level 3 ones you normally pull, or the assassin pathing feerrott ganking everyone levels 1 through 60 like a pvp server
>>495855
No but it would be on brand
>>
>>495920
>Mean noob checks like this are classic EQ
Most starter areas have at the very least level 3 aggressive mobs pathing around where all the level 1s are. Fuck you Brad.
>>
>>495920
>Good. Mean noob checks like this are classic EQ and something other games didn't do.
oh sure i just felt bad because i couldn't do anything. i tried to SoW the one that had aggro but she rooted him, then she starting using her nukes and blew them both up. was quite sad. :(
>>
>>495920
>the assassin pathing feerrott ganking everyone levels 1 through 60 like a pvp server
That thing is level 50, travels at SoW speed, and backstabs you for 420. Its not even a noob check, its just plain mean. It paths on both sides of the river too.
>>
>>495558
The problem with bard is that their melee skill is so low, that they get a lot of misses.
>>
>>496481
Is the wiki wrong? It says Monk/Warr/SK/Pal/Rng/bard/rogue are all equal until 50
>>
>>496499
Most of the leveling experience is 50+
>>
>>496507
ive been playing this game for years and ive never got to 50
>>
How fast can bard level via swarming
>>
>>496590
>Tfw wanna be a bard again but don't want to reroll on green and don't want to be Wood Elf/Human/Half Elf anymore cause I use those races too often

suffering
>>
>>496594
Oh right bard can be Dark Elf, class is based nothing it can't do

I've never been to Guk how hard is it to get the mask? I'd guess it rots a lot since its no drop/lore? could i sneak in at level 5 so I dont have to risk xp later or would that be rude
>>
>>496606
it should be as trivial as getting there since the rooms probably perma camped. just pop in and explain yourself to the dude there. they'll sperg out if you don't. they should just let you have it
>>
>>496615
I figured it probably was perma camped yeah, Guk always sounds like a mad house, I'd definitely check in ooc before I go anywhere (and since im 5 i'd just take the death rather than cause a train)

From what I read I should be able to just walk through upper into lower, and maybe need Invis vs Undead for it, it doesn't sound too bad
>>
>>496590
You can swarm all the way to level 60, but you have to be very careful in your 50s because some mobs can pull you to them. imo you are better off charming once you get to your 40s because stuff starts to take forever to kill by swarming.
>>
>>496590
Extremely fast, but then all you know how to do is swarm, so when you join a party you are a shitty bard and people talk shit behind your back. Also people will hate you for swarming. because it ruins the zone for everyone else. Any time I see a bard doing that shit I put him on ignore.
>>
>>496875
>swarm in a zone for hours with nobody else in the zone
>someone zones in an immediately starts throwing a temper tantrum like a child
I doubt any of them are gonna miss you. Also you have a chat function for a reason.
>>
>>497021
>too socially retarded to just ask someone to leave part of the zone for you
ngmi
>>
Why can't Gnome cleric use Burynai Legion Gi, they can use robes
>>
>>497074
thats everquest baby
>>
i forget is it the cracked staff or the worn staff that's the best lowbie weapon?
>>
>>497107
cracked staff technically has the best ratio of all the rusty 1h weapons

I believe rusty 2hs has the best overall

the calculation is easy, just divide the dmg by the delay and take the highest one
>>
>>497074
It's too big for you, little man.
>>
>>497122
okay cool thank you, i'll keep that math trick in mind
>>
>>497142
The difference is small enough that I wouldnt worry too much
>>497140
No bully
>>
File: 1638573153833.png (396 KB, 794x635)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
the shaman life isn't easy. i go through town and there are so many lowbies but i don't have enough mana to give them all Spirit of Wolf. like God i pick and choose, who lives and who dies, the fate of the realm in my hands.
>>
lvl 5 solo magician
getting btfo'd in blackburrow
should i buy new armor?
>>
>>497246
Nah just be more careful
con your pet too, make sure hes at least con white to you, that means hes level 5, he can spawn in at lvl like 3-6 or something

if hes too low, use reclaim energy, malachite is cheap
>>
>>497256
i got btfo'd and dropped a level, so instead of playing magician like recommended, going to try something I want to actually play in the mean time
>>
>>497259

O for sure dont play it if you dont want to

dont listen to the memes about "starter" classes just do what you want, by the time a melee gets kinda rough you can afford a pretty nice weapon from your own means

t. solo monk from 0 pp to lvl 30
>>
>>497261
yeah funny you said monk, iksar monk sounded really fun to me when i started fucking around with p99
>>
>>497262
iksar is the way to go for monk for sure, i made human cause i liked how it looked anyway but the regen+ac is pretty serious
>>
>>497267
having a fucking blast 2 punching everything and sitting for half a second to regen health im ngl
>>
File: damn1plat.png (676 KB, 1088x484)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>>497269
update
got a plat from a shield a skeleton dropped
looks like i'm sticking around on this dude
>>
which class has the easiest time getting in groups? not just endgame, but leveling groups too
>>
>>497271
>Donal's Helm on a vendor
>>497283
My enchanter who I only solo'd on got tells fairly often for groups up to 16 (when I quit it), popular wisdom from what I've read suggests Shaman, Enchanter and Tanks all do well at group finding

being able to form a solid core with yourself and 1 other person is really good for making a group too, which Ench and Shaman excel at by way of duoing well with anyone
>>
>>497288
>enchanter
interesting
i played an enchanter to 35 or 40 when green launched and didn't really like the charm playstyle
is shaman the most desirable healer?
>>
>>497289
Shaman is more desireable just for being Shaman really cause of Regeneration buffs, Stat buffs of all kinds, Canni for mana, attack speed slow(This ones real big)

Cleric is the only real healer in the long run though Druid/Shaman can replace them early on, as levels pass Cleric healing just pulls further and further away until eventually they get Complete Heal (and only they can res too which is increasingly important as you progress), not to say you have to have a Cleric to do anything but you know what I mean

Druid is unpopular in group, though it seems like 90% of a shaman to me so I dunno why really, all its missing is Slow which is admittedly a major fault but with an Enchanter for slow and to give the Druid mana it seems like they can basically do most of the same stuff

I dont think you'd have too much trouble finding a group as a Shaman though I confess to having no experience in the matter, I had same experience with Enchanter and Druid too of not enjoying Charm and it kind of killing the class for me. I was disappointed with Druid cause it seemed like a good fit for what I want out of the game but soloing without charm and without the mana to quad is just so slow, and I didn't really want to be a elf or human again either
>>
>dont have much gear
>move all your stuff from one char to another
>change my mind, have to travel and move it back

this is suffering i gotta pick
>>
>>496590
Swarming is a good way to piss people off and end up on ignore lists.
>>
>>497283
Enchanter, Shaman, Cleric > Tanks > Rogue/Monk > the rest of the good classes > Ranger > Wizard
>>
>>497289
Around 35 you are going to start having trouble finding groups as a shaman. At that point you need to start using /who and duoing with warriors/shadow knights/paladins.
>>
>>497317
Is it cause the healing falls off?
>>
>>497289
don't roll a shaman expecting to be a healer. the shm playstyle is a lot different than the clr's and they rarely heal. not at all true that shamans are the more desirable healer specifically. when a group is good enough to get by with shm spots (note: the conclusion to be drawn here isn't that shm spots are great/efficient use of the shms place, it's that a good group can do anything including necro heals) and said shm's spot mana isn't eating into his actual good shit mana, guess what, a cleric's probably already in that group enjoying the afking because they're different roles and people will usually fill out those roles even when unnecessary except when you got a minmaxed guildie group of 4 going hard in zone. there are level brackets and camps where mathematically a cleric can be the only viable pick. they're the healer. if you want to heal, pick cleric.
t. have warder loot
>>
>>497331
>Is it cause the healing falls off?
No the healing is fine. Shaman can heal any group content really. Its because people are autistic and refuse to group anywhere but a select few zones. The others want to solo with their fungi tunics.
>>
>>497332
>don't roll a shaman expecting to be a healer
The shamans that melee and cast their nukes all the time are the shamans I don't invite back.
>>
>>497332
>necro heals
I always forget that's even a thing

I should just play Necromancer
>>
It kind of feels like the gnomes are missing a deity, their choices for cleric don't make sense even besides Bertoxxulous, like Dwarf god and Halfling god, it's strange
>>
>>497354
Gnomes were created by Brell Serellis sometime after he created the dwarves and kobolds. Why is it weird they would worship their creator?
>>
>>497332
DPS shamans are a joke.
Shaman is a healer, buffer, debuffer, rooter. Thats their job. If they want to DPS, use their pet while they are meditating to heal, buff, debuff or root.
>>
>>497365
you imagined reading dps in my post and you definitely don't have warder loot which i'm very sorry for but the reason you don't probably has something to do with you thinking shamans are the choice healers
post your guild tag? :)
>>
tfw not social enough to play cleric
>>
File: reddit.gif (1.95 MB, 237x240)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>497369
>>497332
>>
>>497365
You sound dumb. Blacklisted.
>>
tfw accidentally made all my characters wood elf
>>
Looking to start up and hit 50 to please my child me who never got there in actual EQ. Split between Enchanter, Magician or Cleric. Might be down to play an iskar too don’t know what class though. Any tips?
>>
>>497460
would recommend chanter as you'll have the most flexibility. you can solo, duo, group. with cleric you'll have to always group and magicians won't be as attractive as chanter.
>>
Qeynos is full of corpses every time I run through it's like being in a warzone.
>>
>>497480
I love all the corpses around all the good camps and newbie areas. Each one is a story you already know.
>>
what is the appeal of playing such an old mmorpg that no longer gets updates?
>>
File: 1620467506658.png (1.84 MB, 1920x1080)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>497487
diversity hires can't ruin it
>>
>>497487
Lots of reasons. Trying something you hadn’t. Doing something you did, but with knowledge you have now. The important part is playing with other people who are also interested in recapturing the experience that doesn’t exist anymore.
>>497490
>implying it wasn’t ruined way before then
>>
looking at the forums, the blue server has a lot more activity than the green server, and the first thread i see in the green server's forum is a bunch of people voting to merge green into blue
this suggests to me that green is dying, and if i remember right, blue is the 10-year-old server that has never been wiped
what server should one start on, if one starts today?
>>
>>497508
From what I’ve seen, green still has more players (just by volume), but it’s not many more. Last night I think I saw 800 vs 900, for example. Green will eventually merge into blue, and a new green will come out, but that’s supposed to be a year away.
>>
>>497375
>put on LFG tag
>advertise yourself in whatever zone you're in with something like "level x cleric LFG/duo"
>every now and then other people will message you out of the blue to ask you to travel half the world over and heal for them
>once you're in a group you don't have to communicate much beyond pointing out when your mana's getting low and/or you need to rebuff
There's really no need to be a social butterfly as a cleric unless you're duoing with someone who's particularly chatty and won't leave your autistic ass alone.
>>
I have bone chips and crushbone belts I wanna sell. Think anyone at EC will buy them or is it more of a local thing? My autism is triggered just thinking of trying to be social.
>>
File: 1625719287223.png (126 KB, 610x606)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>497750
>unless you're duoing with someone who's particularly chatty and won't leave your autistic ass alone.
i have this problem. was in a 4-man with him and i'm the one he won't leave alone. clearly wanted me to leave the zone i was in to go help him in another zone but wouldn't just ask. keeps revealing little TMI personal bits i don't care about like what city he lives in.
>>
My annual ritual with p99
>remember it exists
>download
>create character
>having to pick a religion and spend my own attribute points like a big boy
>the dread of fucking up my character from lvl0 kicking in
>spawn
>have to spend skill points
>what the fuck there's like 20 different things what's best for me?
>scared
>quit, uninstall, forget about it
>see you next year
What do, everbros? I really want to get into it, the community seems chill. Is there something like a very handholding guide for the early levels?
>>
>>497797
>the community seems chill
Thats where you are wrong bucko!
>>
>>497761
/auction WTS Bone Chips 10p/stack -- WTS Crushbone Belts 3p/each PST
>>
>>497797
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

>>497805
it's fine outside of raiding, that seems to be a containment zone for all the game's autism
>>
>>497805
>>497808
>never got past level 35
>never met a single asshole
altGODS keep winning
>>
>>497808
>he doesn't raid
>shitter detected
Feel free to apply to <Seal Team> if you want to stop being bad. You are probably that shitter talking about shamans earlier.
>>
>goto kill white enemy
>miss 19 hits in a row and die
>>
>>497508
Go green.
>>497797
Once you've decided on a class open up the wiki page for it and read what it says for religion and stats. It's very straightforward and there's usually only one realistic choice. You don't really have to spend skill points like you think. You won't mess up your toon, my dear friend.
>>497808
Whose alts do you think you're playing with?
>>497816
Nothing but respect to Seal Team. The Shaman guy really doesn't know what he's talking about but I don't want to bully him.
>>497817
Working as intended
>>
>>497816
i don't care about raiding or raiding politics/drama because i'm not a homosexual
>>
>>497824
>working as intended
i know
my skill in the weapon is dogshit atm
>>
>>497817
>go to kill white enemy
This is where you fucked up
>miss 19 hits in a row and die
This is where you paid for fucking up
>>
>>497825
>because i'm not a homosexual
Why are you posting on 4chan then?
>>
>>497797
Skill points make almost no difference. CHA is ironically the most important for like Enchanter, Bard, Necro because of resists on lulls, but other than that, stats make very little difference. There are so many buffs that everything except stamina can get maxed out easily just by grouping with the right classes.
>>
>>497827
>can't kill white enemy
how am i supposed to hit level 2 then, it's the only one on the map around rn
>>
>>497835
find something that cons blue
>>
>>497835
KILL WHITEY
>>
>>497838
>>497837
gotta kill whitey, halas is fucking hell
>>
>>497828
Not him but if I had to hazard a guess I would say it’s because the p1999 forums are somehow significantly worse than 4chinz
>>
>283 replies
>24 posters
>some of those 24 posters are the same person posting from both their phone and PC
Wow this truly is a dead game isn’t it?
>>
>>497835
You just whack at it until your weapon, defense, offense skills go up. Its not uncommon to die a few times in level one getting these up to 5ish. Just keep trying. Eventually you will get points in those skills and be able to kill stuff. Only takes like 8 mobs to get through level 1.
>>
>>497842
It unironically is dead. 90% of green players are also on blue and half of them are on VPNs tracking and camping shit like stormfeather so there's probably really only 250 living people playing the game at this minute. They are barely living. They just wait for the discord ping and answer the batphone to collect dkp while their children are begging for food in the background of voice chat. Very sad. Still a fun game.
>>
>>497842
Theres like 900 people online right now, and the game is crowded as fuck. EQ pservers can't support 20,000 population like WoW pservers because nothing is instancesd
>>
>>497843
oh yeah i know how long it takes
i've been playing, i'm just surprised it's been 2 hours since i've started my barb and i just hit lvl 2
>>
>>497847
Hmmm, you are doing something wrong then.
>>
>>497797
for me, it's
>load up game
>pick a class that sounds fun
>suffer
>realize I'm only suffering so that I can get to a level where I give people buffs so they aren't suffering as much
>end my suffering
>>
>>
>>497883
If I pull that add, will you die?
>>
>sitting in a list for hours
>position 1 finally comes
>monk joins the group
>trains 20 mobs onto the group
>wipes
>resets the list
>GMs play devils advocate saying I need him to admit to what he did
>>
File: 1621223032641.jpg (44 KB, 680x778)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
all these guides tell me to hunt willowisps for the lightstones for the Research Aid quest but the wiki says only mages can do the quest. it's my understanding the stones still sell for a lot but is the wiki wrong? can any class do it?
>>
>>498085
it isn't restricted to mages, i don't know why you thought it said that
>>
Reminder, Erudites are not black, they are sons of Erud.
>>
Cleric Vs Druid Vs Idk something else?

Someone tell me the lore I dunno which to be

My favorite class in an MMO is probably White Mage in FFXIV but I don't have consistent theming across games like someone who always plays a Wizard or Archer or whatever so I'm kind of lost on what to do

I play only at ass o clock so I kinda need to operate alone
>>
>>498156
The solo non-item dependent classes are Druid, Necromancer, Magician, Enchanter, Wizard, Bard, and Shaman.
Druid and Bard are the most fun classes imo since they have the widest variety of viable playstyles. If you truly only plan on playing solo then Druid is a no-brainer because they are the only class that has free access to every tool needed to enjoy the game to its fullest without relying on other players. Bard does too, but they can’t port. Ultimately if you are only going to play solo I recommend Druid. If you want to group I recommend Bard. Bard has the most active play style of all the classes so keep that in mind as well.
>>
P99 was some good times. Leveled a SK to 58 after Kunark released on blue then sac'd him for plat because my shaman was more fun, also got the MQ for Epic with the plat and ran through content with a rogue friend.

The shit you can do with Torpor is amazing.
>>
>>498168
I'd like to be social and join groups and stuff but the honest truth is I'm probably too sperg to actually just join up with someone for some duoing or whatever unfortunately. I like Cleric's flavor more, I like being able to heal people in a game like this, and Cleric can be Gnome which is the race I'd most like to be I think, and I enjoy just looking around a lot, I'm not tryin to get to cap real fast and I'm almost sure I'll never raid a thing, but I'd like to see inside dungeons sometimes if I can. Porting sounds nice but I'm pretty patient I don't think it'd bother me too much exactly having to walk around
>>
>>498197
Ultimately you will play and enjoy the game more if you are playing a race/class that you like rather than a recommended or min-max combination, regardless of the difficulties that come along with it. I’m playing DE cleric for example right now and yeah the game would be significantly easier if I was a dwarf but I just wanted to make a DE because I like the armor. If Gnome cleric speaks to you then that is what you should play, as long as you enjoy being a gnome cleric then all of the other stuff will work itself out. Once you get a few levels getting a group as a cleric is easy, so if you are prone to sperging just type /lfg on and wait for somebody to message you, it shouldn’t take long.
>>
>>498197
>>498203
Something I will add is that solo cleric is doable, you aren’t completely helpless. It isn’t good by any stretch, but it is at least serviceable , if that helps you.
>>
what classes kill stuff faster alone? I've been soloing ranger and it's honestly good, not much downtime, is safe, can take many targets including spellcasters and it can handle crises well, break camps, pull etc and it has varied strategy but the actual DPSing down of the target is just miserably slow, I really want something that can kill faster even if I get more downtime, I guess Wizard? Mage? I dunno really I'm open to suggestions
>>
>>498228
If you just want to dump all of your mana into stuff and kill stuff as fast as possible then yes wizard is good. The downtime is real though. Also wizard doesn’t have a way to break camps so you are gonna have to do it the old fashioned way.
>>
Anyone here play retail? I know some people in the last thread were talking about it. Would anyone want to? I'd be completely new to it, but I was thinking on it recently.
>>
File: 1630786766184.png (14 KB, 409x229)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>498089
because everywhere else on the wiki when something has classes listed like this it means it's a restriction, so i guess someone just did this for no reason
>>
>>498383
It's possible it was an assumption, or those are the only classes who have players who cared to verify it. Wikis are community populated, after all. Time to find out the hard way!
>>
>>498228
got monk upto lvl 10, it feels pretty fast so far
am playing iksar though
>>
>>498614
Monk is high damage for sure
>>
>>498293
A friend I made on green is trying to get me to play the next TLP with them.
>>
>>498228
If you want to solo, wizard, mage, shaman, druid, necro are your best bets.
Wizard is miserable, you kill something in like10 seconds then you sit for 20 minutes.
Idk how mage is, but I see them soloing giants, cyclops, etc.. all the time.
Shaman roots stuff, then puts their disease dots on it and they slowly melt away.
Druid rounds up 4 targets, snares, then kites them around damaging them. Wizard can do this too, but you need Jboots which you probably don't have access to.
Necro fears and dots stuff, then lets their skele go wild.
>>
>>498511
well it let me turn in a regular lightstone and she gave me the spiel for the rest so i'm assuming anyone can do it
>>
HOLY BASED
LOOK AT THIS DOOD
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zechariah
>>
File: 1635400485748.png (1004 B, 104x80)
1004 B
1004 B PNG
fuck this fucking game man
>>
File: c2a.jpg (159 KB, 1200x1500)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>498854
>let me try to cast a spell from a school I have never casted before!
>AHHHH WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?
>fuck this fucking game man
>>
>>498859
i was casting the first buff i ever got. i'm level 13. it fizzled 6 times in a row. eat shit.
>>
>>498863
Yea, dump like 1 training point in new schools when you get the spell and it will bump it up to whatever your current level is at that moment. Can help a lot when learning a new spell type.
>>
i feel so weird asking people for SoW, but i really need it cause i cant cast it
>>
>>498866
learn how to read holy shit
>>
>>498869
Don't be. They are cucks playing cuck classes and exist merely to service your fast travel. Druids/Rangers in particular.
>>
File: 432432.jpg (5 KB, 654x42)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>498854
the most fucked up message in the game
>>
>>498383
When the wiki says that it doesn't mean the quest is class restricted. It lists casters because casters would be the only ones who would want to or could use the caster research items it rewards. I don't believe the game actually has class restricted quests, though your class could reach hard to overcome faction roadblocks.
>>
>>498876
GET FUCKED NOOB LMAO
>>
>>498872
Pfft. Real chads play Druids and never talk to another player.

Real gigachads play Rangers and become masters of soloing despite it being a bad class.
>>
File: drunk.webm (2.94 MB, 480x254)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>kill loads of kobolds
>find loads of alcohol
>about to leave, might as well slam them all
>lol nothing's happening, oh well let's go
>
>>
>nuke went from 19 to 74 damage

the power is mine as is the downtime
>>
>>499080
Don't play wizard, you will regret it.
>>
File: 1637989896568.jpg (96 KB, 396x388)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>farming a weird mob
>zone the wiki/guides tell me to go farm it in are too dangerous and not remotely worth the trouble
>hey i know this out of the way zone has this mob and it's a lowbie zone so no worries about dying
>going okay, a little slow but still safe
>get a bunch of bullshit rolls and die
>have to beg for a tele so i don't have to run across Norrath again
>turns out the mob was also plentiful in a lowbie zone closer to my bind point and easier to find as well
>>
>>499092
Im not Wizard

but maybe i should be
>>
is eqemulator/p1999 down or something? Its saying my password is wrong when i try to sign in but its not and i didnt do anything to it
>>
>>499732
i think they had to reset everyone's passwords or something, i had the same issue awhile ago. i play very sporadically and had to do a new one to get in.
>>
is this the kind of game where i have to spend real money to get ahead
>>
>>499751
on p1999 you cant spend money in any way
>>
>crash on zone
>crash on zone
>crash on zone
>crash on zone
>crash on zone
>crash when camping
i never remember having this many issues before, did they just give up or lose a bunch of the server devs or something?
>>
how to enjoy game when im up to my eye lids in stupid boomers?
>>
>>499763
Are you running in compatibility mode for SP3? Also if you drop a packet while zoning it just crashes as well. Some people have also said NOT running the game in admin mode helps
>>
>>499769
i'm using wineq, would i apply these settings to the eq exe or wineq's exe?
>>
>>499771
I don’t use wineq so idk. Probably eqgame if I had to take a guess
>>
>>499795
i just asked because i wasn't sure if there was anything specific to it i should worry about, thanks anon i'll try it out
>>
Where should I try grouping at 17, I haven't done it before but I'd like to maybe
>>
What class/race combos does the thread play?
>>
>want to remake my childhood character, but can't figure out how to make his name feminine
>>
>>499886
The two most common places in that level range are:
Oasis of Marr - Crocodiles by the pillar/docks on the easten shore.
The Estate of Unrest - Yard Trash
>>
>>499941
Dang Oasis goes that high? I might go check it out, thanks anon
>>
>>499944
You can also try to orc highway in the east. The best place to pull them is to the edge of the water in the oasis/lake in the middle of the zone. I think the orcs are pretty good until like 18-19. Just don't pull the orc priests, they dispell, root, nuke, and heal. Also watch out of the one wandering mummy that makes a look around the shore of the oasis. He can give you rabies which stops your health regeneration.
>>
>>499948
*in the west
*watch out for
*makes a loop
>>
Is wizard really that bad? How much int do I need to Quad? Should I be an Erudite? Is there a better semi afk class?
>>
>>499962
Its awful. Nobody wants to play with you because you dont bring enough damage over time, you only bring burst, but it ends up being way less damage than someone who can swing an axe or use a pet.
98% of the time you are sitting down watching your blue bar tick up.
1% of the time you are running around
1% of the time you are actually casting a spell.

Wizard is the biggest noob trap. You will regret it. Infact their nukes are just as powerful as a Magician's nukes until level 50. You will hate everquest if you play a magician.
>>
>>499964
>You will hate everquest if you play a magician.
*You will hate everquest if you play a wizard.
>>
ive been trying to make various "bad" classes work and its starting to get to me, they all make it kinda far but sooner or later just become so slow for one reason or another that it doesn't feel doable anymore

I see why half the server is necromancer
>>
>>499962
Play a druid if you want to quad
>>
>>499935
what's the name?
>>
File: green.png (40 KB, 1607x355)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
is p99 abandoned? are people just bored and whining? the most active threads on the green forum don't seem too happy
>>
>>500229
The p99 forums are fucking biohazard dogshit, it’s just the same 25 or so people circlejerking and shitposting 24/7.
Server pop for blue or green ranges between 350-900 depending on the time of day.
>>
>>500229
>are people just bored and whining?
have you never been to an MMO forum before?
>>
>>500229
no one uses the forums other than a handful of people anyway like >>500245 said. they're completely unmoderated as well. there's this one retard who spams and triple, quadruple posts and i assume he spends all of his free time frantically F5ing the forums to respond to every single topic that comes up.
>>
i tried playing this game but its so boring alone and the people are horribly toxic, anyone wanna roll a new char with me? i enjoy healing/buffing
>>
>>500278
>people are horribly toxic
would you mind elaborating? I haven’t had that experience.
>>
>>500278
>people are horribly toxic
what game are you playing, outside of raiding people are usually really cool and will go out of their way to help you
>>
>>500288
>>500290
people just being rude and elitist, not wanting to party for no reason and taking all the mobs in an area, i decided to play magician and am just soloing random things when i feel like it
>>
>>500308
generally no point in partying at low lvl unless there's a popular camp like orc hill in gfay. Norrath is a big world with all sorts of people, if one group is being icy in time you'll find a cool one.
>>
>>500311
lvl 22 cleric, lost my shit at unrest when people were being super shitty i havent really played since then
>>
>>500316
popular zones like that can be really hit or miss. you'd be better served going off the beaten path with a different dungeon/zone. maybe hit up EC to try to find some people to do something with. https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide#Hunting_Spots_5-9 this is also a pretty good resource, lots of spots with undead that clerics are uniquely equipped to solo.
>>
>>500316
big oof
unrest was probably the only time I saw people being any shitty about camps, but it was mostly passive aggressive stuff, sorry you saw the real winners come out
>>
>>500347
i think it's like that in all the popular dungeon spots. crushbone is dogshit not just because the ZEM is so low but also just because people act like it's some endgame raiding dungeon or some shit, it's retarded.
>>
>>500352
I've leveled in crushbone on every character and it's always been nice and full of cool dudes or some bored fuck doing powerleveling, but it does seem like the type of place people might get salty about
>>
>>500278
Where were you 2 weeks ago when I made my warrior?
>>
>>500278
People dont really start partying until 10-15. Most everything is soloable by most classes until that point unless you are warrior or rogue, but people who are playing those classes have already leveled another character and feed them gear, which makes them incredibly strong soloers until like 23.
>>
>>500462
>I've leveled in crushbone on every character
Why do people do this? I try to level somewhere new every single time I get on.
>>
>>500488
probably the closest thing you can get to doing the dungeon finder in WoW
>>
File: 1631401776482.jpg (18 KB, 240x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>You begin casting.
>Your casting has been interrupted.
>You begin casting.
>You can't see your target from here.
>You begin casting.
>Your spell fizzles!
>You begin casting.
>Your casting has been interrupted.
>>
>>500509
Stop moving, say "One" in your head, then start casting. The server still thinks you are moving when you start your cast, which is why it says interrupted.
>>
>>500513
i know but every time i feel like i have the timing down it starts happening every cast
>>
>>500513
>>500509
>>500515
>stop moving or stand up if you're meditating
>turn character half an inch to update their position
>start casting
That little shuffle will fix 90% of your problems with interrupts.
>>
>>500482
:'{ what lvl is your war now? im at 22 cleric on green but been stuck at this lvl for a while
>>
>>500533
Mids 50s, that ship has sailed brother.
>>
>>500488
>>500499
double checked
3 reasons
>1, every character I've made has started in gfay
>2, there are always people there
>3, I want to play with people
>>
>>500537
Use /who, whisper people, say "Hey want to go level at XYZ?". You don't have to cram into the same zones everyone else does like lemmings. Use your words and talk to people.
>>
what the fuck is so unique about bats that they have hitboxes that force me to target one when it's literally 20 meters behind me and not even on my screen and i'm clicking on something right in front of me
>>
>>500723
Best way to get in the hitbox of a mob is to line up with the text floating over its head.
>>
>>500735
that's cool but i still don't understand why the game is forcing me to target things behind me and not even on my screen. i get the whole MUH CLASSIC thing but actual working targeting isn't going to turn the game into Wrath of the Lich King.
>>
>>500749
>Wrath of the Lich King
Garbage

>the game is forcing me to target things behind me and not even on my screen
Never seen this or heard anyone talk about it before. Are you using the weird linux thing?
>>
>>500759
not my comment but it does happen, i find that zooming into first person helps
>>
>>500759
that's what's so fucking weird about it, it's not normal stuff like a bunch of mobs grouped together or something. and it seems to only happen with bats. and yeah i use WineEQ so i can play in a psuedo borderless windowed mode.
>>
>>500764
Seems like the people with weird bugs are always the ones that are using the WinEQ thing. I just play in 4:3 ratio in a windowed mode. Its fine.
>>
>>500767
no point unless it's the actual classic UI, this velious thing is fucking ugly and horrendous and i'm not going to squint the entire time i play
>>
>>494806
Pushing 40 and I still play on live servers. Got the latest expansion, #28.
>>
>>495558
On live servers they are currently buffed to the gills. They still only get 4 dots per 5 levels but they're critting for over 400k which is necro tier. For reference, a trash mob might have 10-15 million hp.
>>
>>496510
I have 26 characters at 110 or above
>>
what sort of weapon can i buy to speed up early cleric leveling (lvl 4 right now)? i think i have a couple hundred plat on a character i haven't played in a long time
>>
>>501125
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear#Cleric
>>
>>501125
The cheapest most easily available cleric weapons are smoldering brand, springwood club, and wraith bone hammer
>>
>someone being a dickwad in a zone
>they are anonymous
>see them later when they are no longer anonymous
>Seal Team
Every single time
>>
File: 1576550811353.png (27 KB, 604x319)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>501518
>>
>>501528
>>501518
Whats wrong with seal team? I've had a lot of good experiences with them. <Force of Will> is where all the assholes are.
>>
Should I play on Blue or Green

I got char on blue i like around 30 and dont really want to reroll but i dont wanna feel like im in the retirement home on blue if it is that way

i guess i mostly solo so it doesnt really matter but still
>>
>>501589
Idk what the server dynamic is like on blue cuz I only play green but both servers tend to have about the same population most of the time. If you already have a character you like on blue and you don’t really want to reroll, it seems like you already have your answer.
>>
>>501589
green characters will get rolled into blue eventually anyway. it's hard to say but i feel like most new people are gonna be on green, rolling new characters, because it tends to have more people on it and it's billed as the progression server. i don't really play on blue anymore because of this so i don't know what the scene is like there but i have okay luck finding groups on green.
>>
>>501589
Blue is 90% people multiboxing/camping while they play their main character on green.
>>
>tfw listening to a boomer feed their baby on discord.
>>
>>501589
well if you're only gonna solo and chill by yourself the world will be more open on blue and the wait to get into certain cash camps etc will be shorter, and good gear is a lot cheaper (and theres quality of life stuff like custom UIs and tab cycling)
>>
>>501186
thanks. a more general question:
the wiki is full of guides, but they mostly gloss over 1-10 and to a lesser extent, 10-20.
how do you powergame the early levels?
i've gotten stuck in the early game too many times in EQ. someone buffed my HP in the kaladim newbie zone earlier, and i started thinking about powergaming. i was able to reliably pull and tank six or seven goblin whelps and decaying dwarf skeletons, and kill krag chicks slowly, but realized that what i really needed was a similarly huge DPS buff (went from ~100 to ~600 HP)
i looked at those weapons on the wiki and the dps didn't seem like a huge improvement from a rusty warhammer - do i need to go to east commonlands and look for a specific set of buffs?
>>
>>501698
What class are you? I might have a weapon sitting in the bank you can use.
>>
>grindin clean
>Some high lvl shaman buffs me and tries to get me to duo with his character in the area
>dont want to, sperg out
>make up an excuse about not actually grinding at the moment and that ill leave soon
>forced to leave the zone and log out

i just wanted to play
>>
>>501749
sounds like you shouldve done it
prob wouldve gotten more xp
>>
>>501698
Level 1-10 with a cheap 100p weapon like a Smoldering Brand or Green Jade Broadsword is a vastly difference experience than doing it legit with some rusty/tarnished weapon. They don't even compare.
>>
File: 1638746046143.gif (2.38 MB, 297x498)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB GIF
>time for some grindin
>see this dude is struggling and almost dead constantly
>buff him up and heal him, offer to jump on my lower character and be his friend
>he makes up some excuse about his wifes boyfriend coming home and how he needs to make the bed
>says hes leaving real soon
>the guy logs off
>whatever
>go raid veeshan with the guild
>>
>>501763
last week while i was struggling along with cleric i was lookin all over for magician to duo with but never found them, o well

my skeleton is my only friend now
>>
I wish Solist's Icy Wand wasn't 2k, I'm sure it'd solve everything
>>
>>501789
We told you not to play wizard bro...
>>
>>501791
No I just need the wand

and the jboots

if only wizard got snare instead of root
>>
>Nobody camping Hadden

Blue is dead
>>
What would you play on a fresh Green anon

I'd go for a Halfling Warrior maybe for the xp bonus and cause it's what I played back in the day, I haven't remade it on P1999 before now, it'd be rough without any gear though it might be kinda fun to camp your own polished tomahawk or whatever
>>
>>501808
>What would you play on a fresh Green anon
Mage, Rogue, Enchanter, Cleric
>>
>>501749
Is this what people mean by they are a sperg? They are unable to tell a faceless random stranger “No thank you.”?
>>
>>501795
bonds of force?
>>
>>501795
Wizard does get a snare. Its called bonds of force.
>>
>>501795
LOOK AT THIS DOOD!
>>
>>501808
i really want to play a dwarf cleric. i love dwarves and never got around to playing one in EQ.
>>
>>501907
dwarf very cute
>>
>>501808
High Elf Wizard
>>
Where should a mid 30s cleric solo?
>>
File: waifuquest.png (766 KB, 564x904)
766 KB
766 KB PNG
Which one of you is this?
>>
worst guild? my vote the drift
>>
>>502421
Force of Will
>>
>>502421
Black Lotus
>>
>>502421
The big raid guilds are all full of shit people (Seal Team, Kingdom, Force of Will) but if I had to pick one it would be Seal Team, I have never had a positive experience with any of their members.
>>
saw some advice about dumping your starting points into charisma on cleric for your lull spells, has anyone had any experience with that?
>>
>>502510
Its insanely good. I duo'ed with a cleric that did that, and we were 2 manning lower guk for some insane exp.
>>
>>502515
damn. as much as i wanted my dwarf cleric might have to go Helf or Wakanda.
>>
I dunno how you're supposed to play this game without Feign Death everywhere is way too dangerous
>>
>>502530
if everything is too dangerous you're in the wrong zone
>>
>>502522
You could also make a high elf cleric, and dump all your points into strength so you can wear armor comfortably.
>>
>>502462
Seal Team is still not dead? This is sad.
>>
>>502548
They kill basically everything.
>>
>>502533
I dont wanna stay in Karana for the whole game
>>
>>502549
Yeh that's my issue too, these faggots are the cancer that killed Green.
>>
So I googled and for Shadow Knight everybody says Shaman is the way to go, I can see why cause it buffs SK well, supports it with exactly what it needs etc but I don't wanna be one really, what else would work? I'd kinda like to do Dungeons in the duo if possible cause I've never been in any of them really
>>
>>502510
it's good, for both breaking camps and getting into them (you're more likely to get that seb group if you can lull your way down like a champ). regarding dwarf, well, a lot more str does mean you could carry a pretty affordable/noob acquirable full CHA swap set that would put you at or near buffless soft cap. 30min 25cha pots only cost like 12pp in mats if you have an alch buddy. i like being dwarf more than i like the convenience of more innate cha but yeah it is a legitimate consideration, dwarves aren't for minmaxing only looksmaxxing.
>>
>>502530
what zone(s) are you having trouble with and why? what class? i would say everywhere is safe as long as you have your bearings and i'm just a little cleric
>>
>>502597
Like all of Velious (got owned by snow griffon today), any dungeon, dungeons in particular feel completely insane, i go in with my necro friend and we duo a little and it's just too scary to go anywhere away from the door cause an add or any kind of small error just means I die and he just feign deaths, its to the point where i dont wanna go anywhere it's just too dangerous and it doesn't pay off at all but it kinda sucks i dont wanna just kill lions til level 40 either

he's even able to go into some of these zones completely alone without any trouble
>>
Alright pick my FOREVERMAIN, these are what I'm considering

Halfling Warrior, recreation of my main character from Live, I picked halfling back then cause I was like "woah they can be warrior" and not for any meta consideration but the xp bonus is probably how/why this became my "main" (I hit level 30 at the end of 4 years before quitting a bit after GoD) but it's actually kinda cool, decent stats, hide and sneak, xp bonus etc

High Elf Wizard, recreation of my favorite Pathfinder character I ever played, Wizard is kinda wack but quad kiting sounds fun maybe, I am pretty good at alt tab afking too so maybe Wizard wouldn't be too bad? I don't wanna group at all really so that's not a huge consideration and ports sound cool

Human Paladin, recreation of the very first thing I made on EQ when i got it in 2000, I thought Paladin sounded perfect but after struggling mightily to hit 9 I got spells and felt extremely let down but I see the way now I don't think it'd be that bad

also vaguely considering Barb Shaman or Wood Elf Druid, 2 things I already have, cause SoW is awesome and all but not super enthusiastic about either one really

and also human warrior I dunno why but it sounds kind of attractive, like playing a literal mob in the unkind world, experiencing brads vision with 0 compromises or something it's not a good idea though
>>
>>502603
i don't know your class, or what dungeons. i would think your necro friend could at least come close to soloing the mobs you're talking about. you do not have sneakhide or invis to get by? do you have mez, charm? how about cleanly positioned lulls with your friend at the ready? not sure whats up w/o knowing class
outdoors, well, the only concerns are typically the uncommon mobs (relatively speaking) like snow griffins who are sow speed and can root you. anything else you should be able to run away from. this just means know if theres potential for a dangerous superspeed pather in your area and periodically check your six accordingly, tabbing and facecam-ing etc
>>
made a female wood elf druid
currently killing bats and lost in the city above. Am i doing this right?
>>
>>502653
Having the stuff or not the main thing is if you don't have FD and anything goes wrong at all it's just like an instant wipe I guess is my main problem, like yeah sure Shaman or whatever can take it if everything goes right but things never go right in this game, especially in dungeons with mobs running all over
>>
>>502648
All these options are terrible. Look, all these class posts are the same thing, here's how it is:

If you wanna group, play literally any class except Wizard. If you wanna solo, pick Druid, Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, Shaman, or Bard. Only duos are actually kind of complicated to rate but even then most duos are reasonable and can work even if they aren't optimal, like Warrior/SK(can fear kite) or Paladin+Rogue or whatever else, only no damage classes stack badly, like Cleric+Wizard or Cleric+Cleric. Or you can just pick Shaman and duo with literally anybody.
>>
>>502565
I've done 1-60 duos with shadowknights with the following setups and had no trouble.

sk/monk
sk/enchanter
sk/rogue
sk/shaman

They're all good so just pick one. If you absolutely cannot play a shaman then try enchanter.
>>
>>502648
Wizard = fucking awful dont play it, you are not a special snowflake who can be a "good wizard". They suck and people will not invite you to groups.

Halfling Warrior: Not bad I guess. Their dexterity is high which is very important for warrior gettings procs to hold aggro. People wont like you if you aren't twinked though.

Human Paladin: This is kind of a dumb combination. I understand if you don't want to go dwarf, but if you are going the meme route human is kind of boring.

Barb Shaman: Its alright I guess? Troll shaman is the superior pick(its like night and day difference) until 60 and Torpor(which is 100,000p spell), then Ogre is better, but its only better by like 1% and only if you are raiding with Seal Team.
>>
>>502565
As long as you are fighting in open space, you can duo SK with just about anything because it can just fear everything constantly. Obviously a healer like cleric, druid, shaman would make the experience safer and more productive. The reason shaman is the "best" is because of the attribute buffs and haste that it can give.
>>
>>502693
I dont want groups though
>>
P1999 is straight dogshit, any camp worth doing is permafarmed by max level characters who are too pathetic to do level-appropriate content. Even more surprising is that everybody defends this asinine behaviour. It's no wonder Seal Team is so despised. Can't even do 1 camp without some Seal Team faggot showing up to try and either steal it or lawyerquest his way in to it.
>>
File: 1637280994449.gif (1.21 MB, 480x287)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>502659
>made a female
>>
>>502594
You could cope about your low base charisma by doing some insane no-LOS crit fail pulls, can be extremely powerful.
>>502666
If you're not warrior then you and your necro friend are playing too timidly or inattentively. There is a distinction between unwinnable and iniescapable. Your character is probably more powerful than you realize. Post class, zone, camp, and levels.
>>
>>502738
Which camp did you get fucked out of?
>>
>>502510
Cleric race is pretty interesting basically every option brings something valueable to the table, it really depends on what you want to do at the end of the day

I never really Lull and I solo and get beat up in melee a lot, Dwarf would've been really good for me for example, High Elf makes better pure caster cleric, Human and Erudite get cool gear depending on faction/religion, Dark Elf gets hide+necklace, Halfling gets Sneak and good non cha stats

can't go wrong really, but Cha for Lull is definitely very effective, I'd probably not go it over Wis on creation though
>>
>>503179
i'm not a minmax faggot and i have no delusions of raiding or anything so for me it's just a super important issue because with cleric you're looking at your party utility at the end of the day. how important is that line of spells when enchanters exist? forget the solo potential or niche situations like "oh this party in a dungeon doesn't have a healer and i can run to them without an escort" - that's kind of my thing. WIS is mana pool, that's your bread and butter, but WIS gear is supposedly very cheap and easy to come by.

the issue for me is dwarves have abysmal charisma to begin with so it just seems like i'd be better off dumping into that stat and relying on my STR to get me through in terms of gear and making sure i'm okay in other stats. to me that seems to be the tradeoff the devs intended with dwarf clerics having great strength and dogshit charisma.
>>
>>503185
You should never be at full mana anyway. If you are your group isn't pulling enough or you are afk. Wisdom only matters for a single pull, aka how much mana I have to dump if things go bad. 6 man parties are also horrible if you want to level up faster than like 5 months to 60. If you want to really fly through levels you are going to want to duo or trio.
>>
>>503185
>to me that seems to be the tradeoff the devs intended with dwarf clerics having great strength and dogshit charisma.
Check the math, but I think dumping all your points into strength with a high elf results in higher total STR, STAM, CHA than dumping all your points into CHA on a dwarf.
>>
>>503190
yeah but then i'd have to play a high elf instead of a dwarf
>>
>>503193
Dwarf is the meta pick. If you want to be a dwarf be a dwarf. Its not bad and the extra strength is a huge quality of life bonus.
>>
>>503211
>Dwarf is the meta pick
seems like Helf is which is my issue. i'm not concerned with the longterm meta, raiding etc. it's just a cleric is only as good as the utility you provide to your party outside of niche stuff like soloing undead stuff.

this is just a metaphorical exercise because i'm only rolling this hypothetical character in Green 2.0 because i wanted to play a dorf and a dorf cleric seems cool, i just wanted to make sure i wasn't fucking over the people i would party with when i made him. and i know roughly you can make anything work, but dwarf stat spread is just kind of unique as far as cleric race choices go.
>>
>>503219
>seems like Helf is which is my issue
Helf is so weak it can't wear raid gear. Which is why dwarf is more meta.
>>
>>503185
see >>502594 regarding dwarf cha. you have options. lull isn't niche but no one will care if you never mem it. on wis, i mean practically speaking in groups the only difference it makes is your group's pull pace and the difference between races will be minor enough no one will notice; in a lot of groups it literally won't matter at all, only the ones leaning on heals. after ch it was common for me to nuke just to dump excess except for the less common groups where i had to do heavy lifting. solos and duos it's more convenient but for cleric i would first and foremost look at the racial advantages and who i like to look at the most. my first cleric was dwarf for cuteness but my second wasn't because i really wanted to snare.
>>
>>500537
>every character I've made has started in gfay
Based and elfpilled. Tupac ALIVE in Kelethin.
>>
Shaman or Cleric to duo with Mage/Shadow Knight
>>
>>503367
Make a shaman if you duoing with a SK.
Makes a cleric if you are duoing with a Mage.
>>
File: betterthanfelwithe.png (579 KB, 650x650)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>be me starting on fresh green
>makes toon a jojo reference
>some dude pms me, asks if I'm muslim
>tell him no and that its anime
>decides to give me 17k plat, tells me to read quran
>overencumbered.jpg
>don't wanna drop money to move
>has bright idea to kms then drag corpse to bank
>f1, casts burst of flame
>???
>profit

thanks to whomever gave me a good start. still play occasionally and really enjoy the game despite it kinda being dead now
>>
what are the other non-p1999 servers like? the "muh classic" autism on green is obnoxious know that each iteration of green will progressively get worse and worse.
>>
Any active guilds still recruiting? I got to 39 on my Wood Elf Ranger and quit for a while. I quit about a whole month before Kunark, so I'm severely behind on gear
>>
>>503634

Depends which other server(s) you try - I've heard P2002 is a good alternative to P1999 but I've never tried it. A lot of the "custom" servers aren't very interesting because it's just custom settings, but otherwise normal EQ. Anything else just doesn't have anyone playing
>>
>>503669
P2002 seems to allow multi box which is kinda gay.
>>
>>503681
>>503669
>multiboxing
Dropped.
>>
>>498293
If this is still relevant, I'm playing on Aradune.
>>
>>503928
This is the one thing I like about p99: multiboxing is not allowed.
>>
>>504016
uhhhh so many people box dude. it's trivial to get away with. most people in my guild are open about boxing. yes it's better than allowing it outright because a vpn (and maybe a barebones 2nd machine now? i don't box personally) is still a barrier to entry but ten bucks a month for another toon is nothing to the game's retiree userbase
>>
File: 1625446142079.png (1 KB, 318x19)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
lotta boomers playing tonight
>>
>>504041
Considering only boomers play this game, it shouldn’t be that surprising
>>
I want a class that can kill stuff faster, I'm tired of these battles of attrition, debating Wizard though people say its really awful. Maybe Druid? I don't want to do Mage Ench or Necro, my friend plays those
>>
>>504068
What do you currently play? Do you solo, duo, group? Do you want caster or melee?
>>
>>504087
Mostly solo, wanna duo some with my friend but I've been too low or we haven't really lined up yet, we're both kinda uncertain at the moment still, right now he's doing the mage and I kinda feel like it's his favorite of the three

I've been playing Ranger and Cleric so far, I just got scare animal with ranger so i can level pretty easily with that now but it seems kinda miserable in some ways and I can only fight animals which is kind of disappointing, if i dont scare animals though I have to cast light healing like 4000 times and even with a telescope its so slow, Cleric is neat thematically to me but no movement/utility is pretty rough and instead of casting light healing a ton I end up very slowly autoing stuff and healing cause it seems to work out more efficiently than nuking, though I guess nothings stopping me from doing it (I'm only 18)

I doubt i'd ever play in a big group, I never have and im not too interested, my hours are bad for it too, I have zero interest in raiding as well, if I ever somehow hit 60 i'd probably just retire rather then do much of anything else, im not a player who will ever seen an epic i dont think

My plat is pretty bad, if I liquidated assets I'd probably have like 2500 which isn't too bad I guess, I could see myself farming a Jboots but anything much more expensive then that is kind of hard to imagine
As far as caster vs melee I guess I don't really care one way or another, I've played+enjoyed both, if it wasn't so miserable for what I'm trying to do I'd be tempted to Warrior, its what I played on live but I know all about how bad a choice it is for someone who plays like me

I've been thinking about this for way too long too and have probably leveled too many characters to like 10-15 which doesn't help either, I do wanna play though if I can just pick something to focus on
>>
>>504094
Try a monk. They're cheap to twink, feign death gives you a huge safety net plus makes single pulling super easy for soloing, and you'll do a lot more damage than your ranger does.
>>
>>504096
>>504094
Seconding this. Also, look up Flatts's Classic EQ Adventures on youtube. Shit's very damn comfy and you can observe the monk class progression as well as what they/you can do and how to do it right. If you can get a hold on Fungi Tunic you're pretty much set up to level 30-35. You will be tanky as fuck.
>>
File: woe.png (85 KB, 386x157)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
Tried playing this. Was fun at first. Quickly became depressing thinking about how much of a waste of time it is.
Does anyone else feel the same?
Had to give it up due to feeling ashamed.
>>
>>504117
I've never had that feeling about the game, a few relatives told me when I was 10-12 that I'd regret spending so much of my time on it as a kid but I honestly don't at all, it was some of the best times in my life and I really enjoy it any time I revisit it on P1999
>>
>>504117
Might be a "you" problem. A time fun spent is not a time wasted, imo.
>>
>>504111
>bro just twink a monk and buy a fungi, trust me bro
Do you actually have brain damage?
>>
My music only works for like a few minutes when I start the game and then just nothing for the rest of the time. Is there any way to fix it? The music is nice
>>
>>504117
Most everyone with the tag of a guild who raids even casually is prob doing 10 hours a day, some more. Speaking from extensive first hand experience. It isn't hard to imagine the toll it's taking on them and their relationships. Not me though. never me! Profoundly sad game if you begin to read between the lines though.
>>
>>492940
Cool
>>
File: catgirl agitated.gif (833 KB, 434x398)
833 KB
833 KB GIF
>>504145
>If you can
Conditional sentences is what children learn even before school, anon.
Of course, everyone can storm through low levels with twink gear. But the monk class has enough reliable "oh shit" buttons by itself. I was just saying that a single chest twink item would be enough to raise it even into a higher tier. By no means I implied that monk works only with access to fungi.

Anyways,
>it's another "healer has more AC than the tank" episode
Time to ball on this group by overaggroing with nukes and shit, keeping myself up with mere HoTs.
>>
File: sands_of_time.jpg (53 KB, 533x400)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
When i'm in game and camping a spawn mindlessly for some quest (Example, ancient cyclops in OOT) around 8-11 hours into my game play session I start to have thoughts like
>I could be spending this time on learning a useful fun hobby like electronics repair/programming etc
>I could be spending this time doing X chore around house i've been needing to take care of for awhile
>I could be doing X productive thing that benefits me in life
Any idea how to stave off these ideas/feelings so that I can keep camping my spawns?
Any medications etc?
>>
>>504551
don't play until you've done something productive first
>>
>>504551
Just uninstall the game
>>
>>504551

Learn the skill/hobby in between spawns
>>
>>504163
>fix music
>Sound effects stop working

maybe this isn't so bad, no huge sound when i open my 8 boxes
>>
>>504790
No the music still stopping working a bit into playing too

Why is this so hard to fix, i can't find anybody who is having the same problems either
>>
>>504822
Just to be clear the music definitely stops working? Most areas in the game have no music
>>
>>504857
yeah 100% even vendors and stuff

I've been messing with it this whole time and I think its my midi crashing, though I have no idea why that's the case
>>
can you not charm willowisps to easily kill everything anymore? supposed to be immune to anything except magic and magic weapons, right?
>>
>>504958
Enemies past a certain level have naturally magic attacks, I was killing wisps with a charmed grizzly bear

I think you can still use the wisp if the enemy you are after has a non magic weapon, like a guard with rusty or fine steel
>>
I'm gonna try this and in most games when I first try I do a Human Fighter or whatever unless some class really grabs me thematically cause I kind of like filing the traditional "hero" sort of role of tank with a sword+shield, but based on what I've read about this game if I do a Human Warrior with a shield I'm gonna be basically unplayable. Considering that, what would you recommend as a good "Default" kind of character for EQ?
>>
>>504998
shaman and druids get access to just about every interesting mechanic in the game between the two of them. healing, buffing, charming, unique utility. they can be attractive in groups but can solo.
>>
>>504998
Could do Paladin, good group tank, can solo better than Warrior
>>
>>504998
>sword+shield
Warriors dont really use shields. Paladins use shields more often.
>>
We are at the bump limit now.
>>
Wish I'd made my ranger a human desu
>>
>>505013
I'm just glad I never made a ranger.
>>
>>505028
Ranger is pretty good, i think it's probably the best all around casual melee since you get such great QOL stuff, Invis, SoW, Levitate, Root+Harmony, Tracking, enough healing to mitigate downtime, ranged damage, Sneak, It just feels like the most toolsy of all the melee to me even if your DPS and AC/HP are lower overall
>>
New Thread: >>505033
>>
>>505006
>>505035
This board is slow enough that this thread will still be alive for another week. There's no need to immediately make a new one.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.