[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 107 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

New patchie finally. Can it save the game?
>>
>>482723
>have to pay money for cosmetics
absolutely fucking not
>>
>>482723
>Players can no longer select which team to join, ensuring more balanced teams. Party members will be grouped together whenever possible.
what a joke, as well as >>482725
this game is dead
>>
>>482723
The map really has to be a good one but the updates are looking good so far
>>482725
except for this one. But atm the DLC armours both look like ass so I don't care too much for it yet.
>>
>>482727
>>Players can no longer select which team to join, ensuring more balanced teams. Party members will be grouped together whenever possible.
Game needed autobalance but I don't think there's a worse way to do it than that. May be a good change but may be shit, too.
>>
File: a.jpg (15 KB, 474x243)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>it doesn't need female knights
>it doesn't need the other cosmetics that were shown off 9 months ago
>it doesn't need more than 1 new weapon
>it doesn't matter that chivalry has added 3 new weapons in the same time frame
just ditch this dead game already, once chiv 2 is on steam this game will be fucking dead and buried and you will have wasted your time getting good at it instead of a game that actually has developers who care. its abundantly clear that mordhau downsized their staff and got lazy after release.
>>
File: 1556163926284.jpg (15 KB, 192x171)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>10$ COSMETIC DLCS FOR TWO ARMOR SETS
>ANOTHER flat circle map
>10$ COSMETIC DLCS
>no women, no niggers, 1 new weapon that is literally just faster messer
>COSMETIC DLCS
>worthless, tiny list of changes that fuck up the games fucked up balance even more
>DLCS
>crush still not fired
>>
>>482757
>it doesn't need female knights
It absolutely doesn't
>>
File: poolsclosed.jpg (123 KB, 807x1259)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>482764
POOL'S CLOSED
>>
I like the grotesque set evening star.
Shame it's fucking paid for.
>>
>>482723
DLC cosmetics is fine. Noria is fine. New free cosmetics and character options are fine. The incredibly half-assed attempt at an autobalance is not fine, that's going to be fucking annoying, but whatever. The big problem is that this is the "major update" they've been teasing for like a year and it's fucking nothing. This is it. If the game wasn't so barebones to begin with we wouldn't be so desperate for updates but, what, are we going to wait another eight months for another Invasion map? The pace is killing me here.
>>
File: NrLv1oc[1].png (591 KB, 435x794)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
WELL, KEKAROT, I SUPPOSE YOUR BIG UPDATE WAS A WHOLE PILE OF NOTHING....NOW COME BACK WITH ME TO NAMEK! OR WOULD YOU LIKE A TASTE OF MY ULTIMATE ABILITY, [Brawler] AND [Dodge]?
>>
I'm not playing again unless we're still above 4k players on January 1st
>>
how's the new big map and scimitar?
>>
>>482840
Smaller than Castello but looks great. Has good music too.
Scimitar destroys lightly armoured opponents but isn't too broken vs 3/3/3. Very fast. Basically maul man's bane.
>>
>>482723
>niggers
>cosmetic DLCs
no
>>
Didn't they say they would not do microtransaction
Or does this not count because reasons

What a shit update, wait a fucking year for this and it is literally half an update. Part 1. What a fucking joke. They obviously just shit it out so that people couldnt say they did nothing during 2021.
>>
Is horde actually fun now
>>
>>482757
have you ever played chiv 2? its fucking garbage, i'm not even sure if they ever got the game to work. horrible hit detection, the most basic gameplay completely geared towards consoles, no swing manip or anything fun needed.
>>
File: noisia-groundhog.png (70 KB, 142x175)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>482835
its time for your medication, vegito
>>
>>482723
I do like that they added new crusader armour pieces so I can properly DEUS VULT all the sand niggers
>>
>>482913
Too bad there are no sand niggers, just plain old fashioned niggers
>>
Did they add cuman shit so I can take my recurve+scimitar and not look retarded
>>
>cosmetic DLC
cringe
>>
>>482723
>Eastern Invasion
>No Arabs
>>
File: unknown-7.png (319 KB, 358x428)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>482982
is this tolerable
>>
>>482789
yikes

uninstall
>>
dead game
>>
File: black person.jpg (13 KB, 220x330)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>483021
>no arabas
>literal niggers from africa
>>
>part 2 will include women
>we still wont have arabs
>>
Did they nerf the point you get from mobile spawn?
>>
>it is faster to just uninstall the game and reinstall it rather than wait for it update
dumb
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25 KB, 736x210)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
where was the discussion with players
>>
>>482723
i think i'll get started on a battle royale map in sdk
i know, dead mode for a dead game but idc
>>
>>483163
i've been playing mordhau for a year and every week i see people begging for paid cosmetics
>>
File: Capture.jpg (3 KB, 282x69)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38 KB, 1124x143)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>
>>483178
damn
>>
Adding DLC armor for $5 shows they are getting desperate. I think Triternion will close their doors by the end of next year.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (5 KB, 556x80)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>
File: Capture.jpg (4 KB, 253x91)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>
File: feelstribesman.jpg (85 KB, 900x680)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>can't choose your team
>microtransactions
>>
WHERE ARE THE FUCKING ARMORY FOLDERS
>>
>>483203
They're still working on their backlog from the Kickstarter stretch goals from four years ago, smart money's on the sun going out first.
>>
>Noria final objective is to kill nobles
>they are not player controlled
into the fucking trash this map goes
>>
>game autodistributes 10 people over level 150 on red team
>only 2 people over level 150 on blue team
>I cant switch to blue team now
>>
So did chiv 2 actually manage to kill mordhau then?
>>
Noria is retarded.
>first objective is 3 waterwheels
>attackers spawn closer to them
>the have massive forcefields that protect the attackers from arrows the entire time they are hitting them

>second objective
>market and peasants
literally the most retarded objective in the entire game, run around and one shot peasants. This is not good on any map.

>third objective
>defend 3 shit catapults
>you cant even tell how far the progress is when defending, the bar is full and then it is empty

>final objective, defend nobles in the keep
>the entrance to the keep is out of bounds, you cant even fucking defend it and have to let the enemy swarm in
>2 of the barricades spawn closer to attackers than defenders
>inside are just the same type of objective as before, but nobles instead of peasants. Just a bunch of nobles to one shot in a few seconds
these devs are so fucking braindead I cannot believe it. They make a nice looking map, and their gameplay is as bad as ever. Layout is shit. Objectives are shit. Everything is shit besides the looks of the map. I thought they hired a map/gameplay designer? Because it sure doesnt feel like it.
>>
horde kinda fun now
>>
>still no playable peasants
Chivalry had this figured out a decade ago, why cant snorehau devs get it?
>>
How do I make a nigger? I can't find the option for it
>>
>>483310
Nevermind found it
>>
>>483272
chiv 2 just mogged this game so hard and its really evident. fun, replayable maps with interesting chokepoints to mix things up, and a good mix of large open battles as well. elite roles are more interesting with their own voice lines, no naked maulfaggotry (because chiv 2 has heavy attacks there are no epic 2 hit kills) and no fucking boring 'oops you missed a 0.1 second frame window now i get to hit you' unimmersive garbage. the fights are fast paced, and the only people whining about held block are duelniggers who are a vocal minority. its sad that people willingly play mordhau these days when every 'pro mordhau' player could go play chiv instead and have a lot more fun with the 1vX battles instead of pretending their 'high skill' game is a better experience (also, the mordhau community has been hijacked by redditor morons who spam le wacky voicelines and ruin the immersion since day 1)
>>
>>482723
>release a middle eastern map
>give you black people instead of sand people
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: black pipo inventor.png (51 KB, 689x150)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>
File: THE ABSOLUTE STATE.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1080)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
heres your mordhau update bro
>>
>>482723
new map is fun, skin and new voice makes it fun to larp as a nig. one new map won't fix much or fix the issues.
>>
>>483314
No Chiv 2 is really boring unironically even if you play it super casual. It's not a competition anyway, I want more fun melee games. I'd play Bannerlord if it wasn't dead and only randomly populated for 30-40 man games. Mordhau is fine but look at TF2 and it's 1,000 maps. Games need constant new maps and stuff to keep things interesting and it took like a year for us to get 1 new invasion map.
>>
>>483399
literally repulsive

>>483262
>horde kinda fun now
kys
>>
>>483412
Hopefully the sdk will make it easier for people to make cool maps and shit.
>>
File: 1515188085377.png (279 KB, 626x531)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO HORDE MODE
>>
>can't connect to backend
anyone else getting this issue? still haven't been able to try the new patch stuff yet
>>
>>483495
made it so you cant farm exp in it anymore
>>
>>483495
anally ravaged it with a tree log
>>
gold per match is still hot garbage?
>>
this game is so ruined its not even funny
>>
>>483399
wait. those guys are NAZIS and they're black
>>
how do I export models into Bannerlord? I'm tired of this shit game but I want the cool armors
>>
>>483528
since the update gold is 2x every match
>>
File: vHCoXCu[1].png (641 KB, 462x957)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
>he isn't driving them back into the black sea
https://youtu.be/MkYjdPCyYjk?t=129
>>
File: TD_FeitoriaFrontline_.png (906 KB, 778x438)
906 KB
906 KB PNG
gotta love how they gutted the feitoria skm map
>>
>>482865
it has mechanics than Mordhau ironically. the name is just an broken that playing it is frustrating. there's a unique special attack for each weapon type, there's tackling and charge attacks, you can do an interrupt stun attack, you can morph into any attack you want, there's still dragging, chambering is more rewarding than in Mordhau, etc. the animations are really stiff, some of them look good some of them look terrible, as I said hit detection and netcode suck. definitely good ideas in the game, but terrible execution. the maps suck just like in Mordhau. they won't port over any of the classic maps for the most part, the artstyle is ugly, the voice acting is generic and pretty unfunny, much like Mordhau.
>>
File: JQkItBN[1].png (609 KB, 488x885)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
hey yuh hey yuh hey yuh hey yuh
>>
>>483559
How long for?
>>
>>483619
I played the Chiv 2 beta. The gimmicks are a lot of fun (I thoroughly enjoyed the ragdoll tackle on the Knight) but the combat felt waaaay too sluggish to me. I ended up not picking it up. Still, I'm happy more games are getting made in this genre. Mordhau proved it could be a success, they've just been fumbling the ball ever since. Still waiting for somebody to pick it up properly.
>>
File: homo.jpg (29 KB, 271x283)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>483378
hey i've seen that guy around, on aus servers
>>
>Join a game
>Kill a guy
>Get kicked
Neat
>>
File: UptjROo[1].png (727 KB, 736x941)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
>Double gold and XP, you say?
>>
>>482757
>class based over point buy

no thanks
>>
I'll always be grateful this game made me a better killer in dead by daylight
>>
How much longer before the devs start making passive aggressive comments about how rude and ungrateful the players are
>>
>>483609
Hate these retard devs so much
>>
I'm actually fairly happy with this update but damn seeing blacks running around in full renaissance era armour is more disturbing than naked midgets. just add playable fantasy races at this point. furry dlc when?
>>
>>483495
Fixed it
>>
The nubian face should have been the paid DLC instead of the armor
>>
>>483955
too historically accurate
>>
File: IMMERSION.png (1.06 MB, 1920x1080)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>483949
It is indeed very distressing.
>>
File: 20211223002204_1.jpg (1.35 MB, 3840x2160)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>483977
you reminded me of the existence of the war cleaver's introduction at long last, thanks
>>
>>483139
I never considered doing it that way, probably because I grew up with tiny data limits, what the fuck is up with the way the game applies updates
>>
>>483977
kek

make a blond version
>>
such bullshit. holding onto a single noble, not even the barricade just the one fucking noble for 10 minutes. Then a random throwing knife just slides in an kills him inthe last 30 seconds. Who designed this shit objective type? the "one shot by literally fucking anything, and always placed in retarded position" objective. At least make the fucking nobles outside of the vision of the doorway so people cant throw shit into a tiny gap from across the hall. No, make nobles player controlled instead you braindead nigger devs. I hope this game dies soon and the devs file for bankruptcy
>>
>>484062
me on the righ t
>>
>>484062
also holy fuck i didnt even notice we lost that round. i thought we had it down. gg i guess, but yes that objective is bullshit. I've been playing Noria all day and red won only twice out of like more than a dozen rounds. We had blue severely outmatched in kills for that to happen. I like the castle section of the map but the objective itself needs to be reworked.
>>
>>484071
Biggest issue is that the barricades can be attacked from too many places and even just a single firebomb deals horrible damage to them while the peasants inside are extremely hard to defend once the doors are gone. Smoking is not good either because then you're blinding your own team vs potential rats.
Left barricade (from red pov) can also be nuked by stones so if your team decideds to prioritise that one it's gg once someone smart shows up.
But honestly it's more fair than Castello. It just needs the peasants to cower behind natural cover that can not be easily circumvented with firebombs and actually requires blue to storm the doors to make it a good objective.
>>
>>483977
is that a falx skin? looks like something from LOTR, I hate it
>>
>can't connect to backend service

why tf do I get this error after every major update? it prevents me from playing for like 4 days
>>
>>482723
>Genre's skillcap is defined not by how well you can actually play the game, but by how much you can break the animations so your attacks become unreadable messes, contrary to the entire point of the fucking game
It's doomed until they get animations working flawless. And even so, it's much too late for this game. People have moved on. Their best hope would be a seuqle at this stage to compete.
>>
>>484114
exec sword
>>
File: otm15vc.gif (220 KB, 408x478)
220 KB
220 KB GIF
>>484114
it should have been, desu, exe already has high end skins
also
>>
how is it possible to make this game worse with every update
>>
File: 1639088741731.jpg (61 KB, 500x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>482757
>instead of a game that actually has developers who care
Either you've never played a TB game, or your b8 is as flimsy as that straw you're gagging on.
>>
horde mode is fun as hell desu
>>
>>484219
BURN HIM AT THE STAKE
>>
what would happen if they rolled the game back to the first steam build
>>
>>484248
no, no, you don't understand, the tank skill tree is so fun
>damage resist when standing still
>ripostes ignore blocks
>shields reduce damage both by percent reduction and a flat amount
>poise
spear and shield has never been so fun
>>
>>484116
please respond
>>
>>484263
they should roll it back to patch 9 but keep new content
around that time is when they started making everything worse
>>
new horde mode sucks ass
>now a tower defense game
>skill trees suck ass
>equipment now 4x the price
>have upgrade armor consecutively
>have to commit to 1h or 2h weapons like its skyrim of some shit
>constant reviving/respawning
fuck tritretardtrion
>>
>>484312
and somehow camping in a tower with a bow wasn't a tower defense game
>>
>>484312
Better than old horde
>>
>>484116
>>484301
your computer has a virus
>>
>there are people who unironically (as in not shitposting) think that black people ruined mordhau's immersion
the day before the update i saw dante from devil may cry behead skwisgaar skwigelf and caesar from new vegas
>>
File: thank_you_little_man.webm (2.99 MB, 640x360)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>>484418
You just don't understand, blacks ruin the carefully crafted aesthetic.
>>
File: mord metrocop.png (848 KB, 664x949)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>>
>>484418
the issue is more in that the devs bowed down to the twitter crowd
and there are several people who UNIRONICALLY believe that there were sub-saharan african blacks in medieval europe.
>>
File: mord demoman.png (713 KB, 735x797)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>484445
you cannot possibly convince me that you aren't just inventing reasons to be upset
>>
>>484449
did i ever say i was upset? stop projecting.
>>
Am I gonna reinstall this game for the third time?
Did they fix dogshit servers in any way, shape, or form?
>>
>>484493
They're really bad right now, packet loss for fuckin days. That might just be because of the player influx caused by them actually doing literally anything with the game though.
>>
>>484496
Not a huge surprise. I'm so glad they added in microtransaction armors instead of server fixes.
>>
File: 1576172975768.png (23 KB, 600x850)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>482723
NUBIAN STOLE MY HORSE
>>
>>484422
this but seriously
>>
wish they could fucking nerf left sided anims already
no one fucking likes them
>>
I'm uninstalling because of nubians
>>
File: 1543581619737.jpg (40 KB, 559x559)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>484577
i'm uninstalling because the devs are spineless liars bending the knee to the twitter/redditsphere with a disappointing update in order sell some shitty armor dlc (like they said they wouldn't do)
>>
File: MORD throat slit.webm (2.88 MB, 852x480)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
testing webm settings to see if this turns out better than other webms
>>
scimitar is only good because it is fast. just going back to the messer, same point cost for better range, drags, damage against any tier of armor besides 0
>>
>>484646
Scimmy oneshots T1 heads when Messer and Greatsword don't
>>
File: 9tE9GJY[1].png (936 KB, 705x825)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
BELIEVE IT
>>
how do you remove niggers
>>
>>484577
CHUD lol
>>
bros... I've already been temp banned from 3 servers because I can't stop making racist jokes when I see black people.... what do?
>>
File: 20211223161036_1.jpg (114 KB, 848x935)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>484826
become a brotha white boy

Your fortune: You're standing under the mistletoe!
>>
>>484830
wtf we s4s now
>>
File: KRgi12V[1].png (624 KB, 662x934)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
post your favorite knight
>>
>bought the game in order to cosplay 16th century german retard with a rapier
>every one is just 2h naked spinning dude from mount and blade circa 2012
Really liked the aspect of customization but combat is beyond retarded
>>
File: n9n4Ysy[1].png (543 KB, 526x866)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>484939
>>
File: 20211224231658_1.jpg (101 KB, 589x909)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>484939
I really hope they update the lamellar armour, it looks so bad
>>
File: Jusy5Le[1].png (580 KB, 584x907)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
BUHBUH BU BAAAAAH
BUHBUH BU BAAAAAH
BUHBUH BU BAAAAAAAH
BUHBUH BU BAAAAH BA NANA
>>
glad they "fixed" the non-existent issue that was teamstacking.
>>
File: 1637310223351.gif (392 KB, 498x498)
392 KB
392 KB GIF
Is there a way to perform short attack with polearms and with weapons in general?
I don't want to do full swings with halbeard as if I'm chopping a tree with an axe
>>
>>485621
what exactly are you trying to prove with this image, that the attacking team dies more often? levels look even too
>>
>>485702
hello marox go suckstart a shotgun
>>
>>485673
not really but kind of.
you can rotate your body, counter to the direction of your swing.
You'll still do the full swing animation but you limit the width of the swing.

I recommend doing uppercut swings with added body rotation if you think the halberd sweep is too wide.

>>485621
Disabled team-swap also disabled players ability to balance manually.
It also fucked a lot of defensive-only and offensive-only players in the ass, who now have to rejoin or find another server every time they get pushed to the wong team.
God I fucking hate this change so much.
>>
>download the 80GB for the Mordhau SDK
>try it before christmas
>works
>try it now
>crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash

please, I'm just trying to make a map that doesn't suck as much big black dick as Moria does. I want to help :(
>>
>added niggers
Now I'm finally uninstalling. Moving on.
>>
>>485621
i never understood why people complained about team stacking, just people trying to win the match
>>
>>482757
>female knights
>paid cosmetics
>first map since castello?
correct me if wrong on that last point but holy fuck what happened to this game, I haven't played since feitoria.
>>
>inv
>attacking team is losing hard
>people complain about balance
>type in chat: gg, defenders are unbeatable
>attackers suddenly start working together as a team and destroy the defenders
works every fucking time
It's about how many players that are actually working the objective. Sometimes people just need some motivation. The best matches I've ever had were games I lost because I talked so much shit the enemies wanted my head on a platter. They worked their asses off and made it. It was seriously intense and really fun.

Another major reason for imbalance comes from an excessive amount of bards and le epic funny meme characters not contributing to the team. Sometimes the losing team has 5 fuckers trying to be funny in the character selection screen, or running around naked with no weapons spamming CC2 CC2 CC2

I'm not saying it's never actually unbalanced, but that's quite rare relative to other reasons in my experience. Thank you for reading my blog.
>>
>>485821
The only thing this game needed was maps and modes.
That's it.
But Triternion has like one fucking guy working PART TIME making maps for this game.

I'd love to make maps but the SDK is just crashing on startup reeeeeeeee
>>
>>485943
You're right, but you should also not give a fuck because the only reward is le epic cosmetics. There is no invasion ranking. Invasion is not the try hard mode. The bards get the same rewards as the try hards.
>>
>>485946
not to mention the 25 or so updates with long lists of microscoping balancing changes no one care about. The dev priorities are all messed up.
>>
>>485948
i live and play for the moment
>>
>>485951
based, hope you like my lute solo.
>>
File: mordhau_trapper.jpg (553 KB, 1255x1255)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>484939
Move aside engineers this is the real Mordhau meta. I only wish I could also run Smoke Bomb.
>>
Who cares whether their team actually wins
There's rare instances where the teams are so unbalanced it actually makes your k/d suffer but I've found this to rarely be the case. All I care about is getting the most kills of either team
>>
>>485978
>Who cares whether their team actually wins

i 99% never do, i just enjoy running around and getting kills, or just fucking around as a midget.
>>
File: 91716996_p0.png (1.82 MB, 1280x1600)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>getting threatened by triple digit level fags with a vote kick because i was dicking around instead of playing the objective
you can't even have fun anymore in this game, i don't want to let go
>>
>>486103
lol you need to troll really hard for a vet to bother doing that, actually it is you faggots who are trigger happy on the kicks when "dicking around" in high enough numbers, so that is only deserved
>>
File: BouXXu6[1].png (683 KB, 503x1080)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
i am the gargoyle
>>
File: 1557087649154.png (293 KB, 272x273)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>486103
>getting (rightfully) votekicked for trolling
>at 31% team damage
>tfw i show my level which is above everyone elses
>"trollvote page down"
>votekick back
>it succeeds
>continue making sure the plumeniggers never get to the frontline with full health
>>
>horde mode has a goblin now
huh?
>>
>>486103
triple digit neckbeard warriors will never allow fun like this faggot >>486151
>>
>>486337
>votekick whoever I want
>regulars pg up
>people votekick me
>regulars pg dn
Release player privileges
>>
>>484830
I don't remember being able to make niggers.

>>484826
I remember being able to be extremely racist with zero repercussions. Private servers or regular server?

>>484418
>black people
oxymoron

Won't be rejoining. Niggers tongue my anus.
Making ironic black characters is one of the oldest and most trite gags around. It might be funny for 2 seconds "haha your dude's black, dud'n he look funny!" and then you're stuck being an ugly jiggaboo and nobody laughs twice.
Same thing with wild hair like a giant red afro.
or "the ugliest character possible"
It is peak NPC pleb humor. For the uncreative and stupid.
>I am not taking this game seriously
>I made a clown!
>why am I playing?
>I dunno
>>
>>486337
>i have fun at other peoples expense
yeah you're kinda literally not allowed to have fun
>>
i have a big problem and i am full of rage.
i looked everywhere on the internet and couldnt find a solution to my particular problem, which is this:
two days ago everything was fine. then, yesterday, without me changing any settings or ANYTHING, matchmaking just stopped working completely. when i search for a match it goes like this: i click search, then it says "searching for a match" then it says "waiting for players" then "waiting for a server" (the usual, you know) but then it doesnt connect me and just goes back to searching for a match - and this endlessly. its a loop. but connecting to servers via server browser works fine. and when i set matchmaking to worldwide it works too (but then i have 200 ping, i cant play like this) only when i pick specific regions, doesnt even matter what region, it goes back to the loop problem.
WHY is this happening? i dont understand. i thought, well maybe tomorrow (today) it will work again, but no, it doesnt. same problem. why is this and how do i fix it. so annoying. never had a problem like this before.
>>
File: yuo are liek little babby.png (2.47 MB, 1369x1680)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
>>485976
That's hot. That's hot.
But this is the real shit.
>>
>>485976
>>486418
I like trapping but it never feels worth it
>they disappear when you die
>team-mates run over them constantly so you need to babysit them the whole time
>most players spot them anyway
>>
The fuck are those commie discord-tranny "Duke of York" servers which are popping up everywhere now? Any Euro want to give me a QRD?
>>
>>486407
help me..... help me..... im fucking dying here.........
>>
>>486427
no you deserve it for being a matchmaking nigger
>>
>>482723
This game is a lot of fun but it's unplayable with >30 ping. I just don't live in a place where I can manage that, so...
>>
>>486426
you remember darkRP from gmod? it is the same thing
>>
>>486430
please help me
>>
>>486426
DoY used to be big shit in 2019, but then (actual) trannies took over sometime in 2020 and theyre a shell of their former self now after a mass ban of the biggest RP leaders and founders for being "toxic"
>>
>>486448
>>486461
So avoid like the plague and possibly ddos. Aight, cheers.
>>
>>486430
i cant play ranked duels without being a matchmaking nigger
>>
>>486426
>>486461
how do trannies play this shit? It used to be based & redpilled
>>
>>486636
Devs caved to pressure from reddit fags & co. pissing and screaming and wanted marketability without actually improving their game.
Why do you think the slur filter, report system, community managers, and month-long bans for typing nigger or tranny suddenly appeared when they never cared before and basically said "suck it up" to sois asking for it?
Same thing that has happened to almost any online space or game for the past decade.
>>
File: 1640518936655.jpg (59 KB, 662x900)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>WAAH I JUST WANT TO SAY THE N WORD WAAAAH
>>
File: faggot.jpg (31 KB, 700x819)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
go back to /qa/
>>
>>486423
It's definitely not the best way you can be spending your points most of the time, but it's still fun. There's a few maps/points that I think you can argue having somebody placing traps is a solid idea. I'm thinking of places like Mountain Peak invasion, as they're trying to push the cart/activate the ram for the first gate. Basically anywhere that:

>Defenders spawn close to the point
>There's also a supply box within a few seconds' run
>The point is a huge clusterfuck where you're basically guaranteed to have a team-mate nearby to murder someone if they get caught in a trap

... is a good time to use them. Then again, those are also the ideal conditions to go Engineer and just spam spikes and smokes, which is usually way better, so whatever.
>>
>>486423
>>486787
trapping is strong in skirmish where you aim for single kills instead of having to deal with a horde of retards
>>
>>486423
>>486787
Trapping is the best play style. My most played loadout uses 2 traps and a mace. If I ever see someone on the other team trapping I leave him be
>>
Every single time I try to use traps, some unfunny retard on my team runs up and smacks them on purpose
>>
traps were better when they could ragdoll teammates
>>
>>486971
Teammates are the bane of my existence. You can't be mad at enemies, you can just kill them. You can't kill teammates. Worst you can do is wait until the end of the game and kick them to deny them gold, if you're lucky.
I miss Friendly. I never took it, but its existence and its apparent lack of worth among people made killing teammates who got in my way easier. They all deserved it.
>>
>>486768
community in a nuttshell
>>
>>486971
blame me about that one being removed lol
yes, thats crush in the webm
>>
>>487048
would not be surprised if immediately after this round he jumped into dev kit and removed ragdoll from teammates traps for the patch.
>>
>>486920
>some unfunny retard on my team runs up and smacks them on purpose
yes that's me, what are you going to do about it? stop being a pussy and get in the thick of it
>>
>>486170
based. Your service does not go unappreciated. fuck pl*mes and low levels
>>
>>487150
he actually did. it was in the next patch 1 week later.
>>
File: 1639626800942.jpg (243 KB, 750x732)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>have low kill count and die constantly
>press p
>now I kill more than I die
>>
>>487331
Why were you in third person view in the first place?
>>
File: 5u_gVqMutsI.jpg (125 KB, 1515x678)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>487334
Other way around, dumbo
>>
>>487336
But Anon, you do know 3rdpv is basically cheating, right?
>>
>>487349
Then swinging mauls and scimitars while running and spinning like a helicopter is cheating too
>>
>>484157
>>484114
should have been a falchion skin, because it's a falchion
fuck exec sword
>>
got this gifted on xmas, any tips for a noob?
>>
File: nice hitboxes.webm (2.93 MB, 1000x562)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>487536
find out how to refund gifts, this game is dogshit
>>
>>487536
Make sure you don't get tunnel vision and chase down one guy into the enemy line. Your reach is a lot shorter than in an FPS so you'll probably end up being overly agressive and get yourself surrounded unless you specifically remind yourself not to do that.
>>
File: mordhau_knight.jpg (618 KB, 1255x1255)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>487536
I'd recommend Invasion/Frontline servers to start with. The team sizes are huge, pick a class with a giant weapon and follow around your team mates smacking people while you get a hang of the combat. Target swapping wins team fights, try not to smack your buddies too much, and you're off to the races. While I was getting used to the controls I specifically remember going into a match and just deciding "Hey, I'm going to morph every single attack this match," or "I'm going to feint every attack once before I swing," or "I'm going to try to chamber literally every enemy attack," just to get the muscle memory down. Once I got used to one thing, I'd move onto the next. It helped me, your mileage may vary.

If you want to get gooder faster, the best way to do that is in duel servers (which you can find in the server browser; they'll have "duelyard" or whatever in the name). You'll get your shit pushed in until you don't any more. I don't recommend it, but if that sounds fun to you it's the best way to improve quickly.

As far as builds go (once you're able to make loadouts), they're honestly not a huge deal. This game is huge on mechanical knowledge and you're regularly going to see naked guys with frying pans flawlessing down people effortlessly. That being said, 3/3/3 + a long weapon and some bandages would probably be your go-to noobie loadout, just because it lets you participate in big fights without instantly dying or having to run straight up into somebody's face. Something like pic related would work just fine. Again, not a huge deal though.

Also: have fun. For whatever reason people are absolutely fucking retarded memers in this game. Just go with it. I don't know what it is, but if some guy drops his weapon it's not uncommon to see the enemy team all put theirs away and beat him to death with their fists. Something about this game turns people into idiot apes and you're either going to love it or be constantly annoyed by it.
>>
>>487551
Oh note: 3/3/3 refers to armor. Armor comes in tiers: Light, Medium, Heavy. For brevity's sake, people refer to these as 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The three armor slots are: Head, Torso, Legs. So when someone says 3/3/3 they mean heavy armor in all three slots. If they were to say 1/2/3 they'd be describing a light helmet, medium torso, and heavy legs.
>>
>>487536
whoever gifted you this must be a real asshole
>>
>>487536
delete it from your library and get better friends
>>
>>487537
>>487540
>>487551
>>487558
>>487573
>>487577
all right bros give it to me straight am i going to make it in this game?
https://streamable.com/wi3j79
>>
>>487617
>Not laughing and teabagging after every kill

Never gonna make it.
>>
>>487621
welp the game is dead as fuck at this hour and i just got kicked to death so im not sure if ill play more
>>
>>487048
Why not have it only the king that's immune to trap ragdoll, I actually would agree with that change, making it all teammates is stupid
>>
>>487617
You might want to go into settings and turn team colors off, then press h to put an arrow over teammates instead
>>
i wish my computer wasn't shit, i had so much fun when the game first came out.
>>
>>487810
you see, crush is too retarded to implement this:
if player = noble AND team = team(trap)
then
ragdoll = false
>>
god what the fuck is this autobalance shit, fucking retard lazy move to base it off of levels
>>
bros how do i learn to not just rush in and die? i just get 1 kill then die suddenly
>>
File: Screenshot_192.jpg (129 KB, 478x727)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
show me your best teutonic knight
>>
File: Capture.jpg (126 KB, 1075x649)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
here because it is over 2000 characters and i dont feel like pasting it this time
>>
>>488532
>Stacking isn't possible now
Except it's more common than ever now. Faggot clannies join teams together and pubstompers just friend each other to be on the same team, and when teams are unbalanced YOU CAN'T FUCKING SWITCH TO A TEAM WITH LESS PEOPLE.

RETARDED DEVS
>>
File: Stechhelm.jpg (48 KB, 445x445)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>488532
spawn UI is jank as fuck
removing player agency by asininely "fixing team stacks" which was not an issue until these devs nitpicked a nonissue yet again
maps and all their elements like spawns, objectives, player flow, etc are just not good which is strange considering these devs come from chiv where there were so many good team objective maps both official and modded to rip off
dev resources being channeled into dead ends instead of embellishing and improving the game mode where the vast majority of their player base is

these devs are out of touch and don't seem to understand what makes a good game enjoyable
their golden goose is the combat and weapons/armor aesthetics, but all other elements are weak
>>
>>488532
>All that shit

Literally make maps.
>>
from an outsiders perspective this game looks fun, this thread seems to be a mixed bag though leaning mostly on the "game sux" side. should i even bother? the sale price is pretty good
>>
>>488629
The game is a blast, it's the best attempt at a first person melee game yet (not counting VR). We're all just bitter because it's four years since the Kickstarter ended and they still haven't wrapped up their stretch goals yet. The game's fun. I've got over a thousand hours on it and still play pretty regularly, it's just starving for content as an extremely small first-time dev team tries to figure out how project management works. Excellent core combat system and loadout customization, barebones everything else.
>>
>>488010
just keep doing that until you don't die
>>
>>488629
the game is lots of fun, but most people here have been playing for hundreds of hours and are burnt out
just remember it actually is really hard to get into, very steep learning curve. Don't be discouraged if you get stomped on every match
>>
>>488629
games fun but a huge learning curve if you dont mind dying a lot at start then give it a try.
>>
>>488629
the game USED to be fun. the combat has been neutered over a course of 2 years, getting more floaty and sluggish.
"steep learning curve" translates into being able to break the kdr mark at a minimum spent time of several hundred hours.
the maps are simply dogshit. alternative playstyles are literally being nerfed multiple times every patch.
the main issue with the game is the developers it has. massive shitheads, all of them, that refuse to listen to their community to such a degree that the pro players of mordhau are all off making their own game.
they got a bunch of moderators that will kick you for being on the enemy team and murdering them too.
take it from somebody who spent more than a thousand hours on this game: its not worth it.
If you still are curious:
Do you have too much time?
Do you hate yourself?
Do you love being assfucked?
then go play a MMO. otherwise, welcome to mordhau.

oh and the servers have been having issues for ages and they still havent fixed several gamebreaking bugs so IF you buy it its still a gamble if you can actually play it.
>>
i'll buy it then, whats the lamest of lame loadouts for a shitter to get the grips
>>
>>488724
3x javelins with mule and supplied perks.
If you don't want to throw shit, heavy armour with your weapon of choice.
>>
>>488169
>show me how much of a faggot you are
i'm not
>>
>>488753
why are teutonic knights faggots? are you polish?
>>
>>488755
>why are g*rms faggots??
oh nonono kys
>>
^holy mental illness
>>
Show me your best Bohemian peasant/hussite class
>>
>>488759
brown, muslim hands typed this post
>>
>>484062
the map needs 3 doors into that final room I think, one on each side
>>
>>489109
>the objective needs to be even easier for attackers
no
>>
>Defend worthless rich "nobles" with your lives instead of eating them
I really hope you men-at-arms don't do this.
>>
>>488629
this is 4chan, what do you expect? try it yourself, it's well worth the sale price
>>
>>489476
do you get a kick out of tricking a guy into buying worthless shit?
>>
File: Screenshot_194.jpg (264 KB, 798x948)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
rate or hate
>>
>>488169
>>
bought the game because it runs well through proton. its very funny.
>>
>nearly 5000 players
apologize
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 344x144)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>490889
>peak number is representative of anything
lol go back to the discord to suck off crush
>>
>>482723
What game should I pick between Mordhau and Chivalry 2? It seems Mordhau has niggers which sucks. Should I go for Chivalry then?
>>
>>490889
>nearly 5000 players
the regular peak with no patch in sight was higher than that and people would say that the game was dead
>>
>>490938
it was peaking around 2,000 players before this dogshit patch
>>
>>490948
it only started to dip bellow 5k mid 2021
>>
File: 33640.jpg (568 KB, 795x975)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
Using the maul and/or scimitar is basically admitting you suck shit at the game
>>
>>491063
agreed. your thoughts on the dodge perk?
>>
>>491066
It used to be a big crutch but now it barely matters anymore, so I don't think about it at all
>>
>>491063
Bardiche is the only manly weapon
>>
>>491141
what about the zweihander?
>>
>>491141
Polearms in general are wicked
>>491148
Swordfags trying to emulate polearmkings, pathetic
>>
File: success.jpg (167 KB, 444x448)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>after 150 hours I've finally found the weapon/loadout that clicks with me and started scoring decently
>>
what rank is considered decent?
>>
>>491170
which means?
>>
File: 20220101164139_1.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>491173
>>491182
This was my last game.
For a long time I had been struggling to even get up to 1 kdr
>>
File: Screenshot_196.jpg (208 KB, 548x1024)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
thoughts on my doppelsoldner? anything i can improve in terms of fashion?
>>
>>491173
rank doesn't mean shit. no one plays it and i remember there was even a way to kinda cheat it. i would queue at night while everyone was asleep and the game would always match me against someone with shitty ping, sometimes against people in the top 100 even. i climbed really fast winning those fights, they would just give up after the first round.

usually it is far more telling when someone is like level 210+ as they would have to spend a considerable amount of time achieve that, but there are also a few players who only play on duel servers and their levels are far lower than that, so you can't always judge people based on that.
>>
File: nicehatchin.jpg (2.5 MB, 3024x4032)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>482723
ate the new orde mode
ate the new map
ate the new pay dlc
ate chiv 2

gg
>>
>>491256
I like the new map
>>
>>491256
>>491270
new map looks nice, but plays like garbage (even more so than the old maps)
if they change it so it plays less bad it could be good, wait for next patch

can't wait for a mod that lets me disable nubians in my game :^)
>>
>>491063
schimitar yes, but maul isn't easy to use at all actually, at least not as much as people pretend
maul is shit in pvp though
>>
>keep getting weird freezes at annoying times
>already on lowest res for 16:9 to help with this

What else can I do?
>>
>gonna be stuck somewhere with bad ping until February
The player count's gonna last until then, r-right?
>>
>>491290
Like what?
I like the way it plays.
Aside from the catapult objective rolling back if you stop touching it, which no other objective in the game does, it seems fine.
>>
>>491206
use jester arms
>>
>>491291
>maul isn't easy to use at all actually
>maul is shit in pvp though
are we playing the same game? it allows every shit tier player to even out his kdr, and feint-spamming naked drag queens will oneshot anyone beneath their skill level with it. unless you're talking about duels, in which case lmao
>>
>>491796
whats wrong with duels
>>
File: Screenshot_197.jpg (160 KB, 430x940)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>491762
good idea. didnt think of it.
>>
thy defence has more holes than thy mothers swiss cheese
>>
>>491854
SHUT YOUR MOUTH
>>
File: Untitled.png (685 KB, 525x913)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>488726
based
I take huntsman also to help 1shot archers
very fun build
>>
are you only allowed one fire bomb per build?
>>
>>491908
unfortunately yes
I think it's the only weapon restricted like that, people used to run triple firebomb builds before it got nerfed
A while ago they nerfed engineering, they should have just brought back triple firebombs
>>
If I hear one more high-pitched Foppish voice I will firebomb Triternion HQ
>>
>>492034
HAVE AT THEM BOYYYYSS
>>
>>492034
they dont have a HQ
poorfag sl*vshit devs wasting all the money they got from launch in like 2 months
>>
Game literally just died in Frontline mode. Both teams dropped to 3 people on both sides. I thought there was cute girl knights now, what happened?
>>
>>492034
OH NO I'M IN TROUBLE!
>>
>>491915
shit
3 fire bombs with mule so you can pick up a weapon would be great in invasion
>>
>>492114
>>491908
>spawn
>run to supply crate
>drop firebomb
>resupply
>pick up firebomb
>you have 2 firebombs
if you have the supplied perk you can wait a couple of seconds and grab a third
>>
>>492122
nice, never thought of that, thanks man
>>
File: 72314660_p0.png (3.23 MB, 1447x2047)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
>>492068
>I thought there was cute girl knights now, what happened?
i too wish i could make knight waifus
>>
>>492068
>>492361
>Wanting to see cute girls get abused and dismembered on the battlefield
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>worried about inane cultural bullshit
>When the game is full of ping value exploiters
Post more when i feel like it. I've literally found out how sweaties broke the game and moderators protect the exploits.
>>
>>491886
I am proud of you. I like your red glove for jav throwing
>>
>>492403
Post your work, detective
>>
>>492361
that face looks like something from frankensteiner
>>
>>492403
unless you mean the relationship between packet loss and skipping animation frames then red parries are literally the game working normally and its why having 16 ping is so overpowered
>>
How does this dragging/accel thing work? If I swing my mouse in the direction the blade is going, it goes faster, and vice versa?
>>
>>492821
yes. simple as.
>>
>>492821
your swing moves down a line
by manipulating where the weapon is (moving the camera, moving your body), you can hit earlier or later in that line. it still travels at the same speed.
>>
>>492837
Is there a reason why people seem to aim for my legs everytime they go for this maneuver? Just to obfuscate their animation? Do I have to parry a certain direction when they swing that low?
>>
>>492852
Probably because you have shit leg armor or, like you said, to make their attack harder to read.
You should be roughly facing the opponent's weapon for a parry.
>>
>>492852
never look down to parry a swing, get out of that habit immediately, always look at horizon level
your extended parry box is reduced 66% of its sized when you look down or up, but at least if you look up it moves your body further back while looking down offers absolutely nothing and exposes your bad

if they're aiming at your legs you probably just have very low leg armor (certain weps deal more damage vs legs than others) or its just a basic animation that isnt really anything special besides looking like accels but are drags
>>
>>492451
thanks, I like the jester gloves a lot
Plus the very bright jav skin
>>
>Hey all,
>As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback on MORDHAU - any comments, concerns, critiques or questions are welcome. Please remember to keep things on topic, and be civil to one another (and us, please)! Your feedback is essential for us to continue development, and it's very appreciated.
>With that out of the way, here are some notes from our meeting:
>We've talked quite a bit about team balancing measures thanks to your feedback, and we're looking into some mitigating measures to prevent team stacking and balancing things out.
>We're more or less done with hotfixes for this current patch; now, we're focusing on the second part of Eastern Invasion. If some critical issues pop up, things may change though.
>We're planning for the upcoming patch and setting priorities, starting or continuing work on key areas, etc.
>Some planning and discussions on ways to improve the new Horde mode. We've been actively listening to your feedback, and design for some improvements are underway.
>We're identifying ways to retain new and less experienced players; we hope to push some of these changes live with the second part of EI.
>Design and development is continuing on Arid, the map slated for the second part of EI. We've identified some small issues with the layout (better now than later on) so we're working on improving gameplay and flow in specific spots. This being said, development hasn't stopped at all; it's the main priority of the art side of the team and pretty much all hands are on-deck to get everything constructed.
>We've heard your comments about the scimitar, but we're still monitoring it to see its performance.
>For future plans, we're still working on console development. Lots of technical work to get MORDHAU running, and some of this optimization work may find its way to the PC build as well.
>That's it for this week!
>>
>>494172
As a new player, I hope they don't focus too much on gameplay systems for their methods of new retention. Better methods of playing with friends and somehow convincing the community to use chat functions would go infinitely further towards making me want to play more.
>>
I already hate that they made 50 damage count as a kill in an effort to retain new players, and they still want to do more?
I guarantee they will do the same retarded decision as chiv, and have Low level only servers.
>>
>>494175
I hate to break it to you but constantly fucking with the gameplay is 90% of what the devs do
>>
So I know devs removed picking your team but did they ever add in any kind of autobalance to go with it?
What happens if one team is outnumbered now?
>>
>>494213
Hows anyone supposed to learn the systems if the devs change them every time they get an itch? That's the opposite of appealing to new players.
>>
>>494257
Yeah it's a mystery I've been trying to understand ever since I bought the game.
The devs made a fun game but have absolutely no clue how to maintain it. Have fun while you still can
>>
>>494262
I should clarify: I'm not trying to scare you off the game. You can 100% get your money's worth with the game, but I don't expect to still be playing this game a few years from now.
>>
>>494255
Nothing. Wait until next game and hope it's better. It's the most half-assed attempt at autobalancing ever. It's not even autobalancing.
>>
>>491063
scimitar vs scimitar is the most fun in the game
>>
>>494342
Not with this ping
>>
matchmaking broken again
fuck these incompetent retard nigger lovers
>>
I'm in that awkward position where I'm too good for the normal duel servers but also not quite good enough for the more high-end ones. I usually get a 1/1 k/d on those servers but some people are just that fucking good it stops being fun, like it's not even a skill thing at that point it's purely just having put so many hours into it they're covered for every scenario
Makes playing on those kinds of servers shit. Also everyone is really autistic and annoying. At least invasion is still good
>>
>>495237
just spam unreadables and its 50-50 on them
no one can read those but obviously the trick is to land enough of them before he kills you first with his unreadables
>>
I'm level 129 and have never played anything other than invasion
>>
>>495354
does it feel bad to be perpetually stuck on the same skill level that people playing duels for a week have?
>>
>>495359
>Watch I'mma hit this guy with my flippy dippy cockass jpeg 50/50 sheev spin
>Gets hit in the back of the head by a naked maulman playing the game with a DK Rythm bongo drum

lmao duelbaby get fucked.
>>
>>495361
so it does feel bad, figured
>>
>>495359
not really
first of all I doubt anyone who's been playing duels for just a week would actually beat me, I stomp duelfags often enough when I see them in invasion
but it's also not like duels are the only way to get better. No matter how you play the game you'll improve over time.
>>
File: mordhau mods.png (113 KB, 644x250)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>Call Exist a pedo
>Get server muted for 7 days
>He pulls out a gun and starts blasting my team
>Make a thread about it in the steam discussion forums
>This response
What the fuck
>>
>>495427
My only experience with that mod is he shit talked someone in chat and then when they shit talked back he said "who are you?" but nobody in the server knew who he was either. He then explained that he's a mod and for the rest of the game chat was just like "Wait, you're THE Exist, from Mordhau? Holy shit can I get your autograph?"
>>
>>495427
>>495451
They just banned me from the community forums and deleted that thread after ppl started shitting on the mod that said this LOL

Absolute fucking state of this mod team.
>>
File: apyr.png (1 KB, 180x63)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>495427
>>495474
what happened to drunkdwarf? he used to be pretty chill, but as soon as he got on the mod team he became an omegafaggot talking down to those he used to be buddies with
>>
>>495482
Many people can't handle having a modicum of power.
>>
>>495482
Power corrupts.
>>
I can handle all of the combat bullshit changes, the niggers, the women, the lack content, and kind of the slow development.
I cannot handle the faggot moderators, and they are the sole reason I stopped playing after 1100 hours.
>>
>>495580
Mods are fags but you can just avoid playing the same servers as them
>>
Can anybody give me a rundown on recent changes? I haven't played in a few months. Some new things I'm noticing are seeing healthbars on enemy players and my guy feels slow as fuck for some reason.
>>
>>495664
And did they change the flourish animation? Looks like a retard trying to row a boat.
>>
>>495664
They changed it so your move speed was based on your two heaviest pieces of armor, ignoring the third. That was a while ago though, but so was the flourish getting a new animation.
>>
>>495722
>move speed was based on your two heaviest pieces of armor, ignoring the third
Interdasting.
>but so was the flourish getting a new animation
Why did they change it?
>>
>>495665
>And did they change the flourish animation? Looks like a retard trying to row a boat.
that was to make the game more realistic

the niggers too
>>
>>495726
>Why did they change it?
because they hired a new animator and like any faggot that is useless, they make old stuff worse in order to justify their minimum wage
ever wonder why there are a ton of retarded UI changes in browsers all the time?
>>
>>495664
the flourish animation was too cool for the cuck devs so they decided to cuckify it
>>
>>495474
Have a link to the forum thread? Maybe someone archived it
>>
Why is lemonater a moderator everywhere? Kiwi boomer faggot is a mod for chiv, Mordhau, red orchestra, rising storm 2, hell let loose, squad, how does this happen?
>>
>>495921
Nepotism.
>>
>>495921
Imagine his resume
>>
how come when you're on a frontline server there's always a guy with the lowest rank possible dueling badge screaming WOWWW IT TOOK 3 OF YOU TO KILL ME LMAOOOO jerking off his k/d while his team gets pushed off the objectives as he stands in a corner of the map flourishing and malding whenever someone snipes him?
>>
i dont know, i dont talk to trip trannies
>>
gg was me
>>
Why is practically every sweatlord using Waxe? What's the actual reason behind it?
Simply the most manipulable plus good damage and range or what?
>>
>>496755
In mordhau most weapons fall on a spectrum where they go from short + fast + low damage to long + slow + high damage.
Waxe is high damage, medium speed, low reach. So if you can get around the low reach it's a strong weapon. It being short is actually a benefit over something like a great sword in crowded fights, thanks to hitstop on walls and teammates.
>>
>>496782
I see. Is Waxe strictly superior to Baxe?
>>
>>496799
I don't really use either so I had to look at the stats for this. Waxe has worse range but better damage for pretty much the same speed. So yeah, just go with waxe. They fill the same niche but waxe fills that niche better.
>>
light armour/maul on invasion is so good. even the high level sweats don't know what to do with it, just fucking rekts and irritates the shit out of everyone
>>
File: 1594320548911.gif (603 KB, 220x180)
603 KB
603 KB GIF
name a more toxic playerbase than this game i'll wait
>>
>496944
Any MOBA. You need to go back.
>>
>>496944
>toxic
kys
>>
>>496944
didn't experience anything in this game that was worse than what i've seen on other games

>toxic
also this funny word can mean different things for different people

while ago had a noob being all salty over feints and i just told him to stfu, he kept pestering me so i started feint spamming him until he would leave, and after that he changed his review complaining about toxic trolls
>>
I'm out of the loop, what's the meta loadout for pure sweat and salt harvesting?

I normally run a longsword with 3/3/3 heavy armor :)
>>
>>497043
if you are good you will make people seethe regardless of your loadout
>>
>>497048
I'm not very good, maybe slightly above the average player. I want a small crutch to give me the edge.
>>
>>497059
a good player will demolish you no matter your weapons
a bad player you dont need a good weapon for
>>
File: mordhau_marauder.jpg (600 KB, 1255x1255)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>497059
What the other Anon is trying to say is 3/3/3 with the biggest weapon you can find and maybe some bandages. Greatsword/Eveningstar work fine for Invasion (Greatsword three-shots heavy armor and cleaves, Eveningstar two-shots heavy armor but does not cleave). Something like pic related is perfectly usable. Honestly your 3/3/3 Longsword loadout is fine too. There's not a lot of gimmicks in this game. I guess if you're looking for free kills at the expense of overall usability you could just do this guy's build: >>496940

Maul is the only weapon that can one-shot somebody regardless of what armor they're wearing, and running around like a retard swarming with your buddies and trying to pop people's heads from behind works perfectly fine in the big team modes. Its inability to combo makes it a frustrating weapon to use in actual fights though. Regardless, it's never a terrible weapon to have. Even a clunky weapon is still useful if you can fucking instagib the guy.
>>
>>497059
Mordhau has no meta weapons, just bad ones.
People say maul is good because of the high damage but I'd recommend using polehammer over it. If you're good at hitting headshots use the alt mode, it does 75 damage to T3 which is good enough most of the time if someone's already fighting, and you have a lot more range to work with.
>>
>>497059
>maybe slightly above the average player
exec sword if your goal is to deal a lot of damage

maul if you want to be a big damage shitter

and spear if you want to be a shitter who can only poke people in frontline
>>
>>497059
any 1-2 shot wep
maul farms noobs trivially but you need to master it if you intend to actually hit anyone whos good at the game

exec gs/falx/alt halberd are easy mode desu, the slow windup makes it miserable to hard read and you can float the weapon inside people for days and kill them in 2 hits

war axe/battle axe are too strong as well because of combo latency meaning you reliably cant parry by reaction their drag to accel combo, you need more finesse to use them are their maximum potential though
>>
>>497031
>>496970
>>496948

proofed my point, have a nice day.
>>
don't forget your Reddit Gold on the way out
>>
>>497446
lmao would love to be publicly named and shamed by one of those kids that i "trolled" so that i could post an uncut video with all their insults and misbehavior

will never happen though because deep inside you all know you're not a victim
>>
>>497059
get stouty couching too made me big boy diamond my Dear
>>
feel like a god in official team servers but then i go to duel and see the gap between me and top players
>>
>>497933
They're sweaty joyless faggots who would get fucked in team fights due to poor situational awareness, so I chose not to care about them.
>>
>>497939
>he thinks he is good for barely winning team stacked 1vx fights
>>
>>497976
I'm having fun, and that's what matters.
>>
The Estoc is one of my favourite weapons but stabbing seems super unreliable, it just phases through people's bodies a lot of the time. Is this a common issue with stabs or am I just bad? I get like 60 ping on average.
>>
>>497043
longsword is a very mediocre weapon nowadays
if you want to make people mad, spam scimitar
>>
>>498504
i wouldnt say its as good as gs or messer but its far from mediocre
the stabs are very hard to challenge and its neutral feint game is really good
being able to float insiders and drag it out is never a bad thing and LS excels at this because of its good turncaps and release frames

scimmy will probably get nerfed and the only thing it has going for is that stupid 500ms stab that will red parry anyone who tries to hard react to it, the piss stamina game it has plus low release really holds it back outside of farming retards
>>
Are bucklers for shitters? I like bucklers for fashion reasons. I don't really notice what difference it makes for parrying besides giving you a free block when your stamina is gone.
>>
>>498878
It's got the best stamina drain of all the shields, but it's just by 1 point
>>
>>498878
>>498948
you mean negation but yeah if you get a high drain and pair it with buckler it will outperform even the largest 2handers

buckler/targe/pavise dont increase parry timings so they're just as difficult as using only weapons to parry
the problem with buckler is its a lot of points for just +1 parry negation, targe is far more economical and probably better overall because you can put full t3 on
>>
>Hey all,
>As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback. We've been getting a ton of useful information from you all, and it really does help to steer us in the right direction with development. Just a remind - please keep things on topic, be constructive, and be nice to one another. As for meeting notes this week, you can read them below:
>Arid, the map slated for the second half of Eastern Invasion, is our main priority. Pretty much all artists and devs that can help are all-hands-on-deck to get things developed. Usually when a map is being made, we have a few artists working on that map while the rest handle other tasks. This time around we're getting all artists to focus on Arid, and to stop work on non-map making tasks (which should speed up development).
>Texture work has been going on with Arid to get it up to par with other maps we've recently released, as well as asset work for some unique buildings on the level. Block-outs, some structure changes, etc. are underway but we're hoping that some new changes in how we make maps should speed stuff up.
>Some planning is underway for more voices - ideally, they will be included with EI part two.
>Issues with the scoreboard/player list have been fixed internally. This should restore the "view steam profile" option, etc. with the next update.
>Maintenance and some improvements are underway for the SDK.
>Backend work for development purposes has been a big topic for us; we've got a physical office now and the furniture, internet, etc. is all set up, and we're switching over some version control stuff at the office. This doesn't directly apply to the game itself, but it will make our development faster.
>That about wraps this week up.
>>
>>499717
When are the devs gonna realize they should be putting most of their artists on maps all the time instead of having them work on yet another fucking cosmetic
>>
>>498146
Stabs certainly seemed easier when I first played and got 100 kills with spear and estoc. Nowadays I seriously cannot aim certain stabs anymore. Even partisan is really hard for me to aim, but the executioner's and maul stab is very easy for comparison. I wish it would give some type of info on what the hitbox's width is on weapons.
>>
>>498146
they made stab dragging worse
its really noticeable if i compare old videos to new ones
>>
>>499983
tsmt
>>
>>482723
Siege defending is so fun. I threw a rock off a wall and killed 4 teammates at once kek
>>
>crossroads invasion
What retard desgined this? It's fun for neither side, is over in 2 minutes so you get 50 gold as well.
>>
>>501035
The best part is they attempted to "fix" it several times and only made it worse.
>>
File: 1487635928922.png (309 KB, 1584x1501)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>501044
>>501035
considering the development timeline of xroads, it was at its peak map design when it was an empty field and both teams got unlimited horses
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/spaghetti_dan for competitive mordhau gaming
>>
File: 1641959519695.jpg (9 KB, 209x207)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>501466
No thanks
I don't watch duelfags
>>
I'm gonna have to explain this a bit, so stick with me.
A normal accel would be you looking to the left of somebody and winding up a swing to the right.
There's a different kind of accel that I like to call backspin accels where you would turn to the right while winding up to the right. Normally, this is retarded since you just miss but if you do this hard enough you can hit somebody with the start of your swing. It's horribly unreliable but fun to do.
Do compfags have a name for this?
>>
File: educational diagram.png (11 KB, 823x540)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>501632
Do you mean something like this? The left being a normal accel and the right is my interpretation
>>
>>502316
Yeah.
>>
>>502388
Not sure if there's a name for it, but I only ever play FL/INV. I remember seeing it in a video before the combo nerf, even if you missed you could accel your combo without much risk.
>>
>>502410
>Not sure if there's a name for it
Well I now deem them backwards accels/backspin accels. Or to follow normal compfag naming conventions, "spinny-winny reversos"
>>
both chiv 2 and mordhau are dead. at least the former still has 40ms ping
>>
>>495921
he works for free, so there's that
>>
I want to stream to take advantage of people who like watching Mordhau but currently have no one to watch except literal who cringe duelers because I'm always #1 on the scoreboard in FL/INV, but then I'd have to talk and stuff.
Damn.
>>
>>502691
I'd stream snipe with my triple jav build
>>
>>502691
have fun getting pestered by xbow headshots from across the map, faggot
>>
File: clashdance.webm (2.87 MB, 720x480)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>502410
>>502417
you're talking about giving the enemy your back to pull off an accel like webm related?
retarded in theory and mostly retarded in practice but it's fun and if it works it ain't dumb
>>
>>503069
Yeah those
Only difference is that I do them in first person.
>>
File: E-DNeodXMAApK8V.jpg (173 KB, 940x1096)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>503074
it's satisfying dunking on people while giving them your back but in big team fights your spinnywinnyreversos are begging for a butt mangling
drives me nuts when i risk a glance behind me to cover my ass and some faggot gets a mach 1 boost from across the map to face hug me a split second later
>>
Got muted for being racist lads.
>>
>>503423
Welcome to the club. Surely community FL/INV servers will pop up any day now... any day now...
>>
File: merchant.png (24 KB, 501x501)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
is there a mod that applies this picture to all enemy face textures?
>>
Give me your favorite horde perks
>>
>playing nu-horde
>>
>>505327
>playing this game at all
>>
File: nigger patch.png (109 KB, 780x374)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>nigger patch peaked at about as half as the last cosmetic pseudo patch
>already dwindling
it is over. chivalry won and triternion will be bought by microsoft.
>>
>>505339
>Chiv

We're all disappointed with how slowly Mordhau's putting out content but let's not get carried away here Anon.
>>
>Hey folks,
>As usual, thanks for the feedback you all give - it's essential for us to continue development and we'd love to hear what you have to say. Any comments, concerns, critiques or questions are welcome, although we'd ask that you please remember to keep things on topic and be civil to one another. Thanks a ton!
>As for progress notes, here's a few things from this week:
>We're working on extra mod support and developing a few quality-of-life modding improvements.
>Planning/experimentation with admin actions and reporting tools is ongoing.
>We've discussed issues of DDOS, connectivity with our server providers; they're rolling out some new features for us to test on select servers. If this works, it may help with keeping servers smooth and steady (and we'll roll it out to all regions if we can).
>Work continues on Arid - we've been finalizing some structure work and fine-tuning pathing/positioning of the map.
>Development on the updated Armory is ongoing - work continues on methods to display equipment/armor as icons that show customization. We still have quite a bit to do in terms of finalizing the new Armory, but we're getting closer each week.
>Asset creation for Arid is ongoing - we've created a new battering ram/ramp that should end up as a 'payload' objective on the map, as well as lots of fine-tuning and creation of textures, assets, etc. that will make the map feel alive.
>And that's it for now!
They are still using the DDoS cope for their shitty servers
>>
>>505687
>>Planning/experimentation with admin actions and reporting tools is ongoing.
cringe
>>
>>505687
considering its been a few days of constant high packet loss across all community duel servers i join yeah id say the ddos is back again
>>
>>506364
Have you considered the possibility that Triternion just skimps on servers and always has?
>>
>>506387
sure maybe the master server or some shit but im talking about community servers
you know
servers hosted on peoples PC and theyarent triternion
>>
>servers have been complete dogshit since launch
>>y-yeah haha we are just under a DDOS attack...
>2 year later
>>yep still a DDOS against all of our server across the globe non stop for 2 years!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.