[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 94 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1636688916441.png (31 KB, 455x420)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
What servers are you guys currently playing?

Also engine ports:
>https://spacestation14.io/
SS14: Most promising port. Brand new engine.
>https://github.com/wixoaGit/OpenDream
OpenDream: Runs Byond code on the SS14 engine. Very promising.
>https://unitystation.org/
UnityStation: A port of SS13 on Unity. Seems to be a more faithful representation than SS14.
>https://ss3d.space/
SS3D: A 3d port of SS13.
>>
>>476458
Go back to vg or tg you parasite. The game is all trannies and furries now. Then a ton of attention whoring people looking for video game admin power to abuse
>>
File: 1636988407984.jpg (8 KB, 237x213)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>476459
>>
I honestly haven't played in at least a couple years or so now due to persistent lag. Not an unplayable amount, but enough to cause a hitch and potentially ruin robustness, which just makes me paranoid about playing. Glad to see that /vg/station has been adding races n' antags n' shit in the meantime

That being said, a lowpop /vm/station serb would honestly be the tits
>>
>>476458
Interstation 12.
>>
File: orange 2.jpg (55 KB, 240x320)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>476459
SoS was a furry
SoS is also ancient history
Now Oranges is the problem
>>
>>476467
Yeah but who's willing to host?
>>
>>476467
Hopefully OpenDream takes off and fixes the lag issues, since theoretically it'd mean all the existing codebases could run on SS14's engine which is way smoother than Byond. That being said, /vg/station has very very minimal lag but at the price of a rather barebones codebase.
>>
>>476519
Well yea, it's definitely not a /vg/station issue. When it comes to getting FEATURES'd, that was never a problem unless it was getting heavy for everyone. It was just a more temperamental connection in general on my end, and what is an imperceptible spike for one game is a "teleports behind you and leaves a toolbox in your head" for another
>>476504
That's always a good question. It's a shame that instanced hosting on home servers probably wouldn't work out, since I wouldn't be against playing on whatever codebase whatever random host wants to do for an hour, but I know that doesn't really gel with what people expect and can run into a ton of setup and connectivity issues
>>
File: tqmmTvbakTg-HD.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Some info for ban evading/cheating
ByondControl: http://austism.net/byondcontrol/
This cheat has an aimbot and xray, as well as a cid randomizer. They have a public guilded (ching chong discord) server where developers often hang out. More coming in the following week.

BYONDHook: https://github.com/Lyut/BYONDHook
A .dll injected into dreamseeker.exe, randomizer cid on every launch and skips ads. No cheat bullshit, just ban evasion.

Calamari: It's an original gangsta cheat for ss13, you would have to pay for it. It's quite similar to byondcontrol, but it has more features like rage mode which auto targets everyone.

I managed to get a v1 version source code (current is 2.X.X), I'm not sure for what dreamseeker.exe version it is, it was made in 2018~ish or 2017~ish. Feel free to experiment, maybe you'll learn to make your own cheats. It uses lua plugins and is written in C++. Since BYOND is a x32 app, compile in x86 mode. Good luck! https://pixeldrain.com/u/YuggtFdM
If you are suspicious about it being a zip bomb, run it in a vm or something.

Spoofer: https://pixeldrain.com/u/3P2S8Wcg
This removes sticky bans by clearing all files byond related and internet explorer cookies. Doesn't spoof CID, use alongside ByondControl or BYONDHook.

Good luck out there, spacemen.
>>
File: 1576739539330.png (1.71 MB, 2500x3000)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>476613
Doing god's work anon. The more I play this game the more I feel like a sucker for not constantly ban evading and using tons of alts. The entire note system is so retarded. Anytime I get bwoinked for doing something right on the edge between breaking the rules and not the jannies will never fail to bring up a note from 4 months ago of something I did at 4 in the morning during deadpop when everyone else but me was dead.
>>
>>476598
daily reminder that boomerstation was run out of the host's apartment
I'd host but what codebase? 80% of them are /tg/lite.
>>
>>476500
How the hell does Oranges still have authority, anyway? he’s by far the single most hated man in the SS13 community to the extent that even people like me who have never played tgstation know of his reputation (though, that of course means I don’t know about the situation as intimately as someone who has, and could be viewing this from a biased perspective)
I understand that the tgstation staff being out of touch with the playerbase is a known issue, but after seeing that one infamous they/them gender PR where, as well as going after the obligatory dankmen who purposefully seeked to rustle his easily-rustleable jimmies, he bullied and stamped down every subordinate coder who gingerly implied “m-maybe this will c-cause some controversy, Mr. Oranges, s-sir” and then hilariously continued his crusade to the comment section of every other PR tangentially related to it, I really wonder how there hasn’t been a coup to get his ass out of there. he has to have a lot of enemies in the staff at this point, and while the players hating him doesn’t mean anything, the coders hating him definitely does.

perhaps he doesn’t actually have as much sway in the code base as we think, and is just a figurehead meant to take the fall for changes which the team knows will be unpopular but pulls anyway because they believe it’s for the best in the long term
>>
>>476715
Well I have a bias towards /vg/station but I wouldn't know how much it's changed over the years
>>
>>476459
simple solution: we make our own /vm/ server
>>
>>476613
guilded's roblox discord
>>
File: cropped-logo1.png (42 KB, 199x197)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
Wait HippyStation is still a thing? Everyone acts like the server got shutdown and the owner kill themselves but their website says it still has a server. I thought they all went to Oasis. What is the deal with that?

>>476715
>80% of them are /tg/lite.
Most vets who quit want an untrannied /tg/. IIRC BoomerStation was trying to be that. It re-added the engines and cloners at least. Too bad about the jannies, discord fags and all the drama though.

>>476846
Why not just play /vg/station at that point?
>>
vg station is good, TG is actually tranny infested.

T. Former 2010 tg admin
>>
>>476458
OpenDream works on 32bit systems? Technology gets better but poorfags are left behind
>>
File: 1591644341574.jpg (3.26 MB, 2500x1667)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>477309
>/vg/station
I played it for a month. It feels like there's only 7 people on the server even when it's 30 or 40. It gets boring really really fast. I didn't realize just how bad it was until I took a break from /vg/station engineering to play Fulpstation medical. It was so intense dealing with all the bodies pilling up with no get out of jail free cards if you fuck your setup up. I then played medical on /vg/station and after my coworkers tried making forced RP with me after an hour long shift of nothing happening I got BoomerStation PTSD flashbacks and spaced myself. Everytime I looked at medical it's always in pristine condition for the entire 2 hour shift or it has a bunch of bodies in line for the cloner like it's the DMV. Never the Auschwitz-tier body piles you have to do surgery on or at least have a good chemical setup. The ones with blood smeared all over the halls that also release miasma and spread disease if no one cleans it.

On the surface it comes off like Hippie where you're supposed to just grief because everything is so stripped down, except the players actually play it straight and get butthurt when players like Murdoch start stirring shit. Not to mention it has that cucked note system where if you cross the line once the jannies will bring it up for months on end despite not knowing the context. The end result is the same problem BoomerStation had. Overbearing jannies, vets who insist on playing it super straight despite every job being solveed, no one wants to do anything besides a tired old gimmick and everyone waits until a jannie spawns a midround antag to defibrillate the boring round. It's not as bad as Boomer but it's the same problems.

It's like the only way to have fun is to do whatever you want and just ban evade when you get too many notes. I don't even like that type of playing it's just /vg/station is so god damn boring and simplistic it's the only option I see. At that point why am I not just ban evading on a /tg/ clone?
>>
>>477428
You can probably compile it to 32-bit. It's C# so it shouldn't be bottle-necked by that I assume.
>>
>>477428
nearly everything has been 64bit for years
>>
>>477445
and what was your experience on /tg/station. Sybil or Manuel?
>>
>>477854
Haven't really played it enough in recent years to form much of an opinion. I only just got back into the game because of the /vg/station ads. I did ping pong back and forth between Basil and Sybil for a few rounds and on the surface it just seemed like your standard SS13 experience. They did disable random names though which made me not want to play it because I've been metagrudged on there before a few years ago and the jannies were completely useless.
>>
>>477014
Boomer was borderline HRP. Got immediately bwoinked for annoying a doctor in medbay. Was never /vm/, just got shilled here.
>>
>>476458
OMFG CLOWN \( .o.)/
>>
>>479330
None of that has to do with the codebase itself though.
>>
>>479330
The host was on /vm/'s old SS13 thread frequently, talked about how he would do it /vm/-only if he ever came back.
>>
None. Just been doing shit solo on goonstation code to learn shit.
>>
File: 1633147648987.jpg (21 KB, 460x312)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I cant get Byond to work come join us on Barrotrauma

Server name: /vm/'s day off
Server Password: HP Lovecraft's Cat's name
>>
>>479366
Codebase is definitely not /vm/ either, wound system was even more of a death sentence than /tg/. Any small brawl would require surgery or you'd bleed to death internally while constantly having seizures.
>>
>>480470
True. I remember atmos being really rapey. If anything got super heated you'd need to blow a hole in the hull to fix it in a reasonable amount of time or hope you could get it all with the advanced fire extinguisher. 10 upgraded space heaters took forever, a passive vent slapped on a pipe freezer wouldn't work and the waste distro would be completely useless for the rest of the shift. Onetime I unwrenched a hot pipe in atmos and it super heated the entire bottom right quarter of the station on meta. Science, Hydro, and the main hallway were all superheated. Half the tools atmos had were completely worthless.

Still I don't know what other codebase would be good other than grabbing a random version of /tg/ from 2016. Assuming it would even work anymore.

>>479518
Is Goon fun? I keep looking into it but the jobs seem pretty shallow.
>>
>>476459
>now
>>
>>480577
goon is pretty much rp-reliant for having fun, but it also has some intricate systems and some exploration to do if you like that
>>
>>480588
only rp-reliant if you actually care about meaningful interactions, otherwise you can just go straight in and fuck around like when i accidently created a gas chamber and ended up getting locked in it by someone else
>>
Alright anons, I'm going to be working on a fork of /tg/ that will undo a lot of the nu-code nonsense. However I want some community input on what /tg/ changes are actually liked here. I'm going to try rebalancing cloning by giving it an actual minigame and making it less of an ez fixall solution.

Reply with your suggestions and opinions please.
>>
>>480614
unfuck the controls
>>
File: putty_xpElMuZCge.png (43 KB, 675x755)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>480614
For wounds/medical changes, see >>480470
I haven't played on new /tg/ but my understanding was the medical system wasn't much different, just the tools simplified. Anything /vm/ style like that anon described would need to have wounds-oriented system, where small fights with hands/improvised weapons aren't likely to put you down for the count, just stun, but proper lethal weapons should be just that, lethal.
Cloner/Trek Chems are fun, bring those back/keep those.
Leave atmos alone unless you're an atmos main and understand what makes the system good/how not to break it. >>480577 is a pretty good description of what not to do.
Game needs more content, don't let nostalgia stop you from making new space ruins/maps/etc. Break the mold, most players are bored.
Prepare to spend a lot of time just getting the infrastructure right. /tg/'s suite of administration tools is something they've done objectively correctly. Host a SQL database, doing a public-ish server without that is hell.
If you're good at git, experiment with putting your configuration files in a private github repo. It makes it a lot easier to diagnose breaking changes if you know you can just git revert to a known good configuration.
Don't. Ever. Make. A Discord. Period. The drama and headache is not worth it.
Coders don't run the game, but they can ruin it. Be ready to say no a lot.
>t. boomerhost
Learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>480621
Elaborate a bit more
>>
>>480631
Would you be willing to be the host? Personally I'd rather be the codeslave
>>
>>480871
I have definitely been tempted, but I honestly don't think I have it in me. I'd wanna unfuck the boomer/WS codebase if I did since I put so much fucking work into it. The things that >>480470 and >>480577 talked about were on my roadmap but fffucking trannies killed all motivation to keep hosting for em.
It's BYOND as much as anything, I'd rather have a new engine to work with than do more DM.
>>
>>480614
Last thread there was a lot of listing of what all nu-tg has fucked up so you can look in there.
Here's the archive for it:
https://arch.b4k.co/vm/thread/352517/
>>
>>480870
the controls on /tg/ are ass
>>
>>480614
Your best bet is to probably just grab an old commit from /tg/ then go from there.

>>480876
Why not take a stab at SS14? I remember you were trying to do some Byond to LLVM interpreter, but the thing is OpenDream already is doing that just on the SS14 engine. Just seems like it's the inevitable engine.
>>
>>481596
God I hate C#. I hated it on Vintage Story. All the verbosity of Java with zero upside. I might consider it on the off-chance that I can compile F# or something similar to compatible DLLs.
>>
File: 1605777578362.jpg (439 KB, 927x927)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>481702
You can probably get some script language interpreter to interface with it like Lua or some shit. I was considering going that route, not because I figured it'd be faster to develop for when I could just load my changes instantly without even restarting the game like Gmod. Honestly I don't get why people let languages be deal breakers for them. After a while this shit is all the same unless you are doing something in a weird niche like FPGA programming.
>>
>>481705
>not because
The not isn't suppose to be there.
>>
>>481705
>Honestly I don't get why people let languages be deal breakers for them.
If I'm in a work environment, I use the tools the team picks, that fits the task/environment at hand. But if I'm doing something leisure-oriented, I'd much rather deal with it on my terms with things I personally enjoy working with.
>>
File: 1635553944926.png (372 KB, 711x947)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>480614
Austation's code looked decent when I played. I'd play it more but they're usually doing sandbox.
>>
>>480614
I've never played on /tg/station. Just make sure you can shove things up your ass, if that's something they don't have or have removed.
>>
>>485526
It was on there at one point because I remember a guy on Hatestation was shoving positron brains up his ass.
>>
>tfw find most of the people who play goon annoying as fuck but also think its the best codebase
>>
>>486763
What makes goon the best codebase? I tried getting into it but it seemed kinda shallow.
>>
>>476613
is this a virus?
>>
What are some robust high pop servers that are not full of furries?
>>
>>487900
there are none
>>
>>487900
Bee isn't that bad from what I've seen didn't spend a lot of time there tho, but it's better than paradise
>>
>>487938
>assistants are not allowed to just wander maint and valid
No thanks. Guess I'm gonna have to learn goon.
>>
I hate the playerbase of /tg/station but its where I put my work into, so I don't feel compelled to play anywhere else.

>/tg/coder
>>
>>480614
Just use luna, nothing valuable in modern builds, only slower compile time
>>
If I'm making a canister bomb on tg, I basically fill a can with some dense hot gas, and half fill an empty tank with frozen oxy, and then put the tank into the can and open the valve and let the dense gas heat the oxy and have it all blow?
>>
>>488406
Don't worry, the playerbase hates you too.
>>
>>488406
Nice sunk cost fallacy, retard.
>>
>>476826
how did you figure it out
>>
File: 1599811641284.gif (1.89 MB, 300x350)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
i love modsuits, they came out in 2021 just as promised and on christmas day too. thank you to the creator
>>
>>488719
whats a modsuit
>>
>>476613
>ma, look, i need to cheat to have fun in a multiplayer autism and roleplay simulator!
>>
>>476613
What about ip spoofing, any tips?
Did anyone tried to get a list of packets to create headless client of some sort or any vulnerabilities in network protocols?
>>
>>477445
>>>/vg/366079916
>>
wtf happened to baystation, the wiki and forums are inaccessable and their main website is still up but doesnt address the issues they are having
>>
serious post here: if you guys are talking about making a server, make a real, actual lrp server. copy hippie's old rules for all I care. the ss13 sphere is severely missing the niche lrp beestation and hippiestation were filling and you won't get anywhere trying to copy tgstation or a higher rp server
>>
I want to try out a HRP server, I can't get into lifeweb nor will I suck anyones cock for it, and aurorastation has way too high ping for me, any rec?
>>
>>489356
goon rp
>>
>>489546
not exactly 4chan vibe, and actually not exactly ss13 vibe either. i don't think goon is filling the holes in roleplay levels
>>
>>489025
get a vpn, reset your router if you have a dynamic IP, or use your phone's wireless hotspot if you have a good data plan (that's what I do).
>>
File: yamato.jpg (119 KB, 514x730)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
I play almost exclusively NSV13 and I feel the need to shill it because it's weirdly underrated and lowpop for no discernible reason
Even the worst criticism I see leveled against it - it can be boring if you're not one of the roles directly involved with the overmap combat or running the ship is easily solved - just don't play meme jobs.
Whiterapids can always use good munitions techs and engineers.
>>
>>489102
>Someone was asshurt enough to copypaste my post into the /vg/ thread for the circlejerk
Can't even say I'm suprised. There's a weird cliquey/copey mentality keeping that server alive.

>>489356
> the ss13 sphere is severely missing the niche lrp beestation and hippiestation were filling and you won't get anywhere trying to copy tgstation or a higher rp server
I think Merchantguild and Oasis is trying to fill that niche. They might both be dead though.

>>490181
I have heard good things about that server before. Too bad I never see it active whenever I get back into the game.
>>
>>490671
>I have heard good things about that server before. Too bad I never see it active whenever I get back into the game.
Yeah it's part of the lowpop curse. Currently they're only online on weekends (fri-mon)
>>
>>490181
>NSV13
what's its' unique thing? and do they let absolute noobs touch that unique thing?
>>
File: alwaysfocusthecarrier.png (691 KB, 1000x751)
691 KB
691 KB PNG
>>490834
The main unique thing is ship-to-ship space combat on a separate space overmap with newtonian physics. Mainly against NPC-controlled ships but there's a special PVP mode against a player-crewed syndicate ship if there's enough pop.
There's several ways to engage with the combat. The only role that you should probably avoid as a noob is helm, because that has a learning curve and high chance of ending the round if you fuck up. Besides that you can be:
>a fighter pilot (equally high learning curve but if you fuck up you only get yourself killed)
>tactical officer (you control the guns on the main ship, it's pretty high responsibility but a lot easier than helm)
>air traffic controller (low responsibility job that lets you interact with the fighter pilots while learning the game)
>munitions technician (your job is keeping the guns operational and assemble missiles)
>drop ship pilot or space marine crew (avoid piloting the drop ship if you're new but space marine can be fun, only downside is not every round is going to have boarding action and there may be boring waiting involved)
>various command roles (you're kinda expected to know how things work but it's also mostly common sense decision-making stuff and letting specialists do their jobs)

And even the meme roles like clown etc. can jump into a turret during combat and shoot stuff.
I wouldn't worry about oldfags not letting people do stuff, honestly the server is usually lowpop enough they don't have a choice and a bigger problem almost is weirdoes who join the server only to absolutely refuse to do anything useful for some reason. Jumping into the gauss turret and clicking on ships when alarm goes off shouldn't be that hard.
>>
>>490853
sounds fun, i'll give it a try.
>>
>>476613
Ban evading is kinda understandable but often bans can be avoided by not beeing a negroid

Cheating/Autoaim on SS13 however is so low, even grapedrank slurping chickenlovers are above you and your ancestors. In india, people who catch and eat rats would be granted the right to piss in your mouth by law
>>
File: 1606688300727.png (470 KB, 900x1279)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>491325
>often bans can be avoided by not beeing a negroid
Overbehaved players = boring server. You can't even say ligger or WGW today without risking a note.
>>
>>491425
That shouldn't warant a ban, yelling "spaceniggahs!!" via intercom fuels the madness, thats fine as long as you play a consistent Character

What isn't fine is "me mbutu, give stick to put into machine who make air so it goes kaputt" 5 mins after the round starts just to be black and fuck everyone over. Everyone who thinks he is le epik funny man should at least be able to stay in character
>>
>>491624
>as long as you play a consistent Character
What if I don't want to? What if I like chaos or having fun by doing stupid shit? I like exploding things and breaking things, and I especially like other people's reaction to those two things.
Forcing me to always do the same actions every round just to "be realistic" is boring me to no end.

I miss old hippie.
>>
>>491637
There would be no reaction to those things if no one was roleplaying.
Behind the screen there's some fat cynical guy going "heh, sprite went kaputt".
>>
>>491637
go to servers that allow breaking and exploding shit
or sign up as engineer and write off all explosions as "durability tests"
>>
>>491649
I do not mean no rp at all, I just mean allowing players to have fun without admins policing every little thing because of minor fail rp. Getting a note because I said a certain swear word in the heat of chaos is not fun at all (ie. on goon if you call someone a retard you'll get bwoinked).

>>491653
>or sign up as engineer and write off all explosions as "durability tests"
That is a fun idea thanks for it.
>>
File: aa.gif (2.14 MB, 405x459)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB GIF
byond://162.248.93.11:1622
>>
>>492051
wtf is this
>>
survived the entire medbay exploding, guy next to me got fucking destroyed so i went back and stole both his skull and his ass
>>
>>491649
>There would be no reaction to those things if no one was roleplaying.
Servers with 0 roleplaying rely entirely on genuine reactions. Roleplaying is entirely people faking reactions and it always comes off as forced. It's for NPCs.
>>
>>492303
you can always tell when a reaction is forced
>>
>>492051
>byond://162.248.93.11:1622
this looks cool whatever it is but it's 100% unpopulated.
>>
>>492051
any more information on this? Like, a wiki or GitHub?
>>
>>492051
Another lifeweb clone?

I know of farweb which is decent, not sure about others
>>
>>492051

This is pretty cool, too bad about no wiki.

>Join as Lord, all alone
>explore my manor a bit
>die to Haunts

Welp.
>>
>>492051
i'll join tomorrow if anyone explains what this is and does it have malware or not
>>
>>492929
Lifeweb clone
>>
>>492881
Those fucking haunts respawn from the bonepile.
I suppose it's time to learn what the fuck are the controls, I don't even know how to be a ghost.
>>
>>492972
man this makes me want to play gauntlet
also type out "ghost" in your verb bar, some ss13 branches have that quirk
>>
>>492051
You guys want to get together at a certain time to play this with actual people?
>>
>>493071
I'd be up for it, looks interesting enough.
Kinda spooky that there seems to be a full-on unique server overhaul of a codebase that doesn't even have a lick of external information, no Github, no external community, wiki, etc. The mystery does make it exciting but it triggers my paranoia that it's some kind of scam/honeypot/virus injector or some shit.
>>
>>493071
I'm up for it.

>>493097
If it's a lifeweb clone like everyones saying a huge part of that codebase is it has so many secret hidden obscure things in it. Artifacts in the caves people haven't seen in literal years for example.
>>
>>493097
theres a link to a discord when you join, i obviously didnt click on it because discord is gay but there does seem to be some kind of external community
>>
>>493166
guess I'm just a blind retard then because I didn't see it.
>>
>>493104
I had a metasheet for lifeweb ages ago, lost it when I moved.

Heard it was invite only now and my old account can't get in no mo'
>>
Do you guys know what happened with splurt station? Googling random things for ss13 I saw how on reddit everyone is talking about furry erp'er battling each other on discord and this gem
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G0cV6refZuo
>>493071
I have all day so I am up for it
>>
>>493071
if you wanna do this you need a time to meetup nigga

anybody got any objections to next Saturday at 2PM EST?
>>
>>493254
i object to that because who knows if this shit will still be alive in a week
lets do it tomorrow, 7 pm eastern
>>
>>493221
They didn't enforce a whitelist and apparently some redditor found underaged kids playing. They forwarded to the headmin who didn't care and posted it to reddit instead.
>>
>>493268
holy shit some of these fucking reddit comments are hilarious

Take it down.

Now.

Your community (A word that barely even applies in all honesty), is nothing but a rotten cesspit of people that do not belong anywhere but in padded cells.

Despite ample chances to right your many heinous wrongs, time and time again those who rally around your banner have proven to either be harboring rape fetishists, fascists, sexual predators, and racists, or be among those that identify as rape fetishists, fascists, sexual predators, and racists.

I, Gary Greytide, speak for myself and many others when I say from the bottom of my heart that you and your kind are not fucking welcome here. For those defenders of this infection that dare stay, I personally offer to you all an invitation to join Bad Deathclaw and you-know-what-web in the deepest pits of a burning hell.

Leave and do not return.
>>
>>493268
>>493273
>The people who ruined this game are seething about this server
Best advertisement I've seen yet.
>>
>>493299
its a furry erp server
>>
>>493309
Oh I thought it was the Lifeweb clone people were talking about on here.
>>
>>492051

Shieet it's not up anymore.
>>
>>493309
saw another in the server list yesterday
>>
>>492051

Any idea when it will be back up?
>>
>>492955
i've never played lifeweb but okay, i'll join.
anything that i should know before i log on?
>>
>>493309
funnily enough my favorite moment of ss13 is from a furry vore ERP server
there were like six or seven folks stuck in the bar while the rest of the station was in a plazmafire. one of us had a fireman's suit, but due to the weird mechanics he couldn't "carry" more than one other inside him. so we all made a daisy chain of going up each other's butts like a matryoshka doll and survived until the shuttle arrived
>>
>>493710
that's absolutely cursed.
Lovely.
>>
>>493710

Fucked up.
>>
>>485629
Man, I remember hatestation and altstation over on 8, those were actually excellent. Consistent pop of 30 to 100 people, decent to good admins who either didn't interfere or did stupid events/rounds like replacing all the nuke op mechs with clown mechs when they arrived on the station, playerbase was all reasonably skilled and knew how to RP.
>>
>>493710
human centipede vs plasma
>>
>>492051
anyone got any screenshots of this?
>>
File: fergsg43.png (200 KB, 589x636)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
you will post a maymay
>>
>>493273
>harboring rape fetishists
this is extremely misogynistic and transphobic
>sexual predators
this is extremely antisemitic

>>493710
That sounds like citadel, I remember reading about how sec teams would stuff themselves up one dude's asshole to go maint crawling, then when they find someone he shits them all out and suddenly it's 5v1. I think they nerfed voring specifically because of this strategy.
>>
>>493976
>femsec
AKA a tranny. All trannies are powerhungry and unstable.
>>
>>493734
>100
Man I wish I played hatestation. I played altstation and it brushed up against 30 a few times, one being a gamenight. The admins were a little too hands off, though. One dude would join just to tesloose and leave immediately and pretty much finished off the dying server.
>>
File: splash2.png (487 KB, 480x480)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
>>494051
I was the first host/owner for altstation, it was usually 30 to 70 depending on how things went.

No clue how it was after I went to go do less autistic things.
>>
>>494071
I mixed up alt-station with hatestation 2.0. The one NegroidRemover hosted when cirpplechan was down. Never heard of alt-station before.
>>
Can someone run me down on Hatestation. Never heard or played it.
>>
File: 1457597241636.png (430 KB, 736x966)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>494288
It was the various cripplechan SS13 servers that came and went with different hosts. The players were cool because they all came from the same insular community and the admins could be hands off because the players generally weren't faggots.
>>
I've only played unity they should be updating to .5 in a few months
>>
>>494334
How is unity now? I played around with atmos and it seemed mostly done. Just missing fusion
>>
>>492311
No one roleplays when there is a combat or disaster, suddenly everyone is a fucking rambo, no one tries to include CALAMITY into round's story, antag gets beaten, we won, let's tea party in our little cirlejerk until we get bored and then call the shuttle, the end.
>>
File: wild_west_crusaders.png (1.49 MB, 960x540)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>494288
It may sound like nostalgia talking, but it genuinely was the absolute best Space Station 13 server out there. It was running somewhat modern TG code, but with some improvements and their own coders working on it, the playerbase was big but not stupidly large like CM, the admins weren't faggots like most servers, and the only real drama was a sizable chunk of players wanting to split off into a different server for a while, which was resolved after a few months anyway.

What killed it was the gigantic faggot owner of 8/v/, Mark, was thinking that one of the hosts/admins of hatestation and altstation was trying to use space station 13 to take over 8/v/.

I'm not kidding, that's what actually happened.
>>
>>494504
>What killed it was the gigantic faggot owner of 8/v/, Mark, was thinking that one of the hosts/admins of hatestation and altstation was trying to use space station 13 to take over 8/v/
I suppose you can't ask much to people dropping conspiracy theory around.
>>
File: 1429404659022.png (19 KB, 330x334)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>494504
can confirm.
playerbase was a perfect spread of experience.
most of the admins were laid back, even back when it was pizzastation the only guy i remember being a faggot was puppysky who iirc was literally a furry redditor

actually thinking back on it literally the only actual problem it had was mark like you mentioned, and a couple of autists shitting up the threads and some of the rounds for months but thats just sort of endemic to ss13

meeseeks and the dronepocalypse was fun
duran duran made me laugh so fucking hard because i was playing those shifts with that fucking idiot
>>
>>494504
>>494840
sounds like it could potentially be revived
>>
>>494844
unequivocally no
playerbase was struggling for a while and the playerbase was what made it possible. trannyfaggotry and RP faggotry never happened because every player was sicker than your average nigger killer and had a greenlight from admins to fuck with those players as much as possible
>>
>>494844
Hatestation only worked because cripplechan was mostly oldfags who were tired of moot's shit during everything that was happening between 2014-2015. There are a lot of places with oldfags but none as big as cripplechan was. You could potentially get something similar today but not on that scale.
>>
>>476458
Literally the only video game I play now, and only because it's so easy to troll.
>>
>>494739
He was a heeb weeb attention whore who progressively got more starved for attention as time went on and started power tripping hard. He was probably asshurt the server was taking attention away from him and also wasn't for something Japanese.
>>
>>494937
How can one powerless retard bring down a server? Or he was an admin?
>>
>>494945
He was the owner of the board h8station was named after. I don't know exactly what Mark did that the anon is describing but I am very familiar with Mark's antics. All he'd have to do is ban the thread and right away the server is fucked.
>>
>>494504
>What killed it was the gigantic faggot owner of 8/v/, Mark, was thinking that one of the hosts/admins of hatestation and altstation was trying to use space station 13 to take over 8/v/
couldn't hatestation just go and make their own board? that's how 8 worked right?
>>
>>495033
There's less and less players if the server is not being shilled on a bigger platform than just a board of people that already play on it. New players are needed for servers to not die.
>>
File: 1458863796111.png (51 KB, 902x538)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>494949
>>494945
He wasn't powerless, he was the owner of 8/v/ and deleted SS13 threads several times, and even got mad enough to try and shut down the 8/v/ Mumble server because one of the owners/co-owners of h8station/altstation hung out in there and made fun of him. I have the archives of him sperging out on 8/v/ somewhere.

There was some pretty funny OC making fun of retards on the threads though.
>>
Hey hey people, Seth here.
>>
posting some screenshots
some of these might be other pics or some might be from h8
>>
File: 1429390887681-0.png (84 KB, 991x833)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
distinctly remember laughing in deadchat at this clown with others as singuloose and we wondered what the fuck he was doing
>>
File: cult and neogaf.png (150 KB, 846x1052)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
a classic
>>
>>
File: hobo corner.jpg (39 KB, 324x323)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
some guy larping as a homeless bum
i think he did news reports too idk

>>495183
wait im thinking of a different CE
this was a low pop round and the station ran out of power i think
>>
i think puppysky was playing the clown
lol
>>
File: shitcurity life.png (1.01 MB, 984x993)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
i forget what this shift was about
i think secfags were ruling this shift with an ironfist by using meeseeks as shock troopers
>>
man i think this was puppysky AGAIN lmao
i bullied the shit out of this dude
>>
File: K BROTHERS INDUSTRIES.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
i forgot about these 2 goofs
>>
File: golden advice.png (270 KB, 1284x700)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
this was in my ss13 folder for some reason
>>
File: duran duran cover.png (216 KB, 1024x1024)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
and of course
i think that's all i have. i didn't start taking screenshots until part way through. i have nothing from pizzastation era and there was large periods where i didnt play
>>
for those who don't remember:
side a/b joke is that daniel failed to make a durand over 4 days of trying, with the final shift lasting 80 minutes where his nearly completed durand army got eaten by blob

i dont think he made a single complete durand despite niggering all the resources every single time during those 4 days
>>
File: 1440367919838-1.png (96 KB, 369x351)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>495189
Did you play the round where the HoS roleplayed that the station was being subverted by Syndicate agents using body pillows to brainwash the crew?
This was like, one or two rounds after they were added into the game, he had sec going around confiscating body pillows and either burning them or just putting them in the evidence rooms. It was fucking hilarious how mad people were getting that they couldn't have waifu pillows.
>>
>>495257
possibly
i was a pretty spotty player. i remember when dakis were added though. wasn't that around when pools were added (another hilariously poorly thought out thing that resulted in FUN)

>pic
lmao im the librarian in that pic and i put that fucker in the locker
i think it was puppysky YET AGAIN
>>
>>495263
Yeah pools came a bit after dakis.

The daki confiscation round was really funny since I recall seeing the HoS and the warden interrogating people on their choice of waifu, and letting people keep the 'good' waifus.
>>
>>495144
Did you see the lifeweb vid he made?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/HBAckQREVmWy/
>>
>>495699
is it me or does anybody else have problems with bitchute not loading its contents
>>
>>495716
You don't want to see that.
>>
File: 1640382163895.jpg (640 KB, 700x691)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
Farweb is up boys, come get your discount BR lifeweb fix
>>
>>492051

This thing is back up.
>>
>>495699
is this like the new rickroll?
>>
>>495752
do i need to register for any whitelist or whatever?
>>
>>495802
Just have an account an account made in or before 2020- or join their discord and ask to join.
They need more mans are an open to most.
>>
>>492051
well now that this is back up, anyone wanna meet up at 7 EST today and play it?
>>
>>495752
this game sucks ass
>>
>>495752
imagine coding a barely functional lifeweb ripoff with rin the cynical as mod and not doing something interesting with the labor
>>

ROUND STARTED.
>>
File: fhgw0ic.png (190 KB, 345x308)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>496247
>>
How do you remove the ad join delay from BYOND? I always get a black screen anyway.
>>
>>496250
so what can you guys say about the game? yesterday I couldn't join.
>>
Anyone got the lastest link to the calamari cheat engine for byond?
>>
File: CSBkD9P.png (561 KB, 624x594)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
i am a demon bro i don't care about none of this shit this is my world not your world you are my slaves nigga these niggas don't understand this shit bro why you think i blow up all the time bro why you think i get to the top cause i do that shit i grind bro i grind for all this shit i'm out here beating niggas heads in
>>
File: Burzum_Pepe_2.jpg (33 KB, 560x560)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
still doesnt work on linux
>>
>go clown but become mid game tot
>mission is to kill any 3 people, kill the cap and escape
>can't use guns or grenades cause clumsiness
>look at tot items and see get 2 explosive ducks for 1 and they're already cheap
>buy a few
>the cap's hacked door and planted one duck on the door tile
>planted 7 others around the station (few around medical) and waited, i put plasma canisters near some so bigger explosions and waited
>about 5 min later. the symphony started
>people were running around and don't know why things were exploding
>those injured rand to medical and more went off
>cap ran to his room and boom.
>shuttle get called cause people think this was a bug or admins were being dicks
>get my green text and everyone was asking how i did this
>laughing the whole time i just said 'duck bombs'

best tot round i've ever had in all my years.
>>
>>498006
It use to work on Lutris but one of the latest releases completely fucked it. I just use a VM that's running off an SSD. It is kinda helpful in the sense that it makes ban evading a lot easier, which you will need since the rules aren't applied fairly to everyone.
>>
>>498060
It actually even worked on Wine before Lutris even further back.
>>
>>476504
How much would running a server cost anyhow? I already have gigabit ethernet, don't know if a server needs more than that
>>
>>498254
Costs next to nothing, any machine from the last 5 years can theoretically run a server. Most of the headache is actually setting up the damn thing. Doing it right is a fair bit of work.
>>
>>498254
Adding on to this, I've only played the game for around 10ish hours was mainly put off by all the furries, erp'ing, and drama all the time. I'd like to take a shot hosting a server but with as few restrictions as possible rules wise. Seeing as I have very little experience with the game, and even no experience hosting a server, i'd need someone to help me out here. Also the main question, would it even be realistic to assume that if I or someone else made a /vm/ server that it would actually get populated?
>>
>>498065
lutris is basically wine + shitty ui
>>
Lutris is basically a totally useless piece of software
>>
>>498269
a lot of people seem to want an alternative to /vg/ and /tg/, could get some people
>>
what is JBStation?
>>
>>498060
What's your VM setup? I've tried virtualbox and VMware. The latency is fucking unreal.
>>
>>495752
Grow up and play ROGUETOWN
>>
>>498300
I followed this guide https://wiki.ss13.co/Hosting_a_server and was able to get a server up pretty easily. It's just using goonstation code right now. I think ill mess around in this and learn more about the game while lurking threads to see see what codebase everyone likes the most
>>
no rules, running on goonstation code
83-229-39-48.cloud-xip.io:26100
>>
File: Rocinante.png (52 KB, 252x377)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>490181
its pretty awesome but the aetherwhisp kinda sucks because i cant play muni tech on that map i usually just play miner instead and listen to space asshole but after you get enough mats it gets pretty boring
>>
>>498060
Seconding
>>498309
This post.
My SS13 runs like complete fucking ass in virtual machines.
It works, but isn't "playable" in any stretch of the imagination
>>
>>498338
it takes 10 minutes to download everything
>>
>>498352
you must have shit internet then, only took about a minute for me
>>
>>493221
i "know" the guy who made that video they have a discord server where they archive shit like circuits goon chem recipies and that sorta shit hes still griefing splurt and theyre seething hard heres a unlisted video for proofs i guess and also a link to a pr seething about the grief
https://youtu.be/jXMuoQCzrp4
https://github.com/SPLURT-Station/S.P.L.U.R.T-Station-13/pull/115
>>
>>498367
yes, theres something beautiful about two 30 year old dudes getting their mutual dorms masturbation session ended by a random appearance default uniform assistant with a che1m grenade
>>
>play antag on a server with murderbone rules
>a well known validhunter approaches you and starts fucking around
>you know that he is going to kill you the moment he gets a chance yet you cant do anything until he initiates the combat with an action that leaves logs behind or he would just ahelp you for attacking him for no reason

is there a shittier place to be in in this game?
>>
anyone got this shitpile working on linux?
>>
>>495815
discord link?
>>
>>498758
>is there a shittier place to be in in this game?
Somewhat, yes. Sec metagang that ignores antags in their gang but metagame any antag hurting a member of their gang.
Validhunters doing it every round is very annoying but I hate metagangs more because you can't win against 5 people and if you touch any one of them the rest come validhunting you all at once with syringe guns full of sleepy chems.
>>
>>498324
try hosting interbay anon
>>
>>498764
It use to on 32-bit wine but not anymore. You need a VM. Maybe a 4 year old version of wine will still run it if you really want to fuck around.

>>498309
>>498347
VMWare on an SSD. It has to be on an SSD. With 8gig of swap. It runs 10000x better than a non-SSD.

>>498284
Lutris has scripts that automatically downloads specific versions of wine that the game might needs and creates a specific environment for that game incase it has a ton of shit that isn't compatible with other games. There's a lot of weird times where a game needs a 2 year old version of wine to run I think SS13 is one of them which is why it worked. It saves a lot of finagling.
>>
>>499033
Interbay? Sure, ill look around for the code and try to get it running
>>
>>499033
After some searching the only code I could find for Interbay was 4 years old and compiles with errors, so i'd need a codemonkey to help me out with that. I was able to find a working two year code of "Interpost-Hague" and get it running. I'm not sure how different it is though
>>
>>498338
shit's still up
>>
What servers are still good to play on? haven't played in a year or so but I've heard plenty about how shit its got compared to even then.
>>
>>499636
Play a few rounds of every server that seems interesting on the hub, then choose one or two out of them and stay there until you stop having fun multiple rounds in a row. People may say that certains servers are full of trannies or fags but you can still have a lot of fun in them if you ignore those things and play without taking everything too seriously. You'll just have to hope the shitty admins don't see you as 'problematic'.
>>
>>498324
Once you feel relatively up to speed, release the server deets and have fun with it.

Here's a pro-tip: Do not delegate power to jannies or moderators AT ALL. A lawless station while you're offline is still more fun than a station with powertripping NEETs in charge. Stay firm on this principle of little to no rules, promote your server in this thread/elsewhere, and you'll have an active playerbase in no time.
>>
>>499636
/tg/ nerfed/removed a lot of shit and most servers are /tg/ downstreams now. I think Bee is the exception but they took down their LRP server. AusStation still has a lot of old /tg/ stuff on it though but it's a 50/50 chance if it'll be sandbox or not. Also most servers will ban you for WGW calling people niggers and general 4chan stuff. /vg/ wont ban you for calling people niggers and other stuff but it has a really lackluster codebase.
>>
hate having to relearn this game every time i feel like playing again
>>
>>499722
It's also best to not have an official discord. To see reasons why, just take a look at the /vg/ thread.
>>
>>495257
I recall those rounds with JustL attacking daki owners. People began putting grenades in them and having serious fun with them.
There was a time when I was abusing monkey bombs with the pools and had a few rounds where I allah ackbar'd anyone I felt that deserved it.
Also shout outs to Nurglestation. When Koriath didn't test his broken spaghetticode having updated diseases and filth, there was an absolute horror round of flies and vermin taking over the station and griffons pulling every corpse they could to smear the floors red with blood.
>>
>>499841
this
why do tg fags have to change shit all the time (not change for better but change for different)
new lavaland, new medbay, all the new maps. These are pretty much the same as what we had before but with different naming and mechanics that you have to relearn
>>
>>498896
The easiest way to deal with the metagang is to out-metagame them. I regularly played HoS on TGstation and there was a metagang of like 5+ cat faggots that would always raid the secure tech storage round start to steal a bunch of the machinery boards. I'd just go there round start with a box of flashbangs and use them over and over again on the cat faggots, then break their legs.
>>
>>499910
What's Koriath up to anymore? I feel bad for him and Gitgud since they were autists with bad PR that couldn't take the heat of running the server.
>>
>>
>>500166
Your guess is as good as mine. Since the drama surrounding the community and eventual dissolve of 8ch, a lot of older users have left any webring or affiliate. Assuming they've either gone irl or returned to 4cancer is a reasonable guess but it has no merit as they've gone cold. Perhaps someone who was steam friends with them might chime in.
>>
>>499840
In what way is /vg/ lackluster?
>>
>>488923
/tg/‘s replacement for hardsuits. I also agree that modsuits are fun, but they could’ve existed alongside hardsuits as a more expensive, yet superior alternative
>>
>>492051
Anyone know what codebase this runs on?
>>
>>498269
Just don’t have any shitty rp please
>>
File: jingle floyd.png (373 KB, 500x332)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>500216
Well I'd say most of them probably came back here.
I left in 2014 over GG/Moot, stayed on 8ch for a few years, then made my way back to 4chan around late 2017. Few people I knew from the golden age of 8ch were pretty hilarious and great, most I know ended up back here.

Hotwheels honestly killed the site from being too hands off. Didn't ban shitty mods, ultimately making a lot of boards hemorrhage users back to 4chan. Then he sold the site to some Facebook boomer and his pinoy code slave, after that the site was dead.
>>
>>500491
I would reckon a lot of them have migrated to Mark's new 8kanker moe clone and hung around the webring but still hold a vehement grudge against 4chinks with how the general moderation and stagnation has ripped the communities apart. Sure there's a lot of overlap with culture and users but there's still a stigma against admitting you're using both sites but I can't see a lot of the oldfags backtracking on their stances.
Hatestation, pizzastation, and other clones were fantastic when they were around. I haven't played since 2016 but man those were great rounds when we weren't being griefed by Koriath's codebase or the inner circle of drama that was forever clogging up the threads.
EmilyInSpace was my favourite drama period too. Koriath let her grief the entire station for 12 hours after she led him on with a false picture of her ass.
>>
File: sneed babies.jpg (340 KB, 838x671)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>500510
>emilyinspace
>nudes
Please give me more lore, I knew "emily". He was my metafriend that taught me how to gitgud in the game. IIRC I met them while playing on some other server and ended up befriending them and bringing them to Hate.

>mark's new 8ch clone
The guy who ran the /v/ board right? On Hatestation I impersonated him for a few rounds and stirred a lot of shit up. What's this new website?
>>
>>500523
From what I recall, EmilyInSpace was a drama of the month because Koriath was a thirsty incel faggot who had no game with women.
Mark ran the old /v/ board and created a personality cult around his faggotry. His nudes were leaked a long time ago and chat logs from his circles revealed he was as pea brained as you could imagine.
I do recall someone playing as MarkM447 or some name along that lines. I robusted him one time, brained him and an alt came in to bust me up because they were buttmad.
>what's the new website
Dyor faggot
>>
>>500528
I joined in as "Mark" on Hatestation once by making an alternate ckey (MarkM447 iirc)
>join hate
>ooc: "hi guys"
>people notice my ckey and flip out
>spawn on the shuttle, obvious who i am in game
>pretend to be new and asphyxiate myself intentionally with an low pressure o2 tank
>nice player takes pity on me and tries to give me a tutorial
>???
>i'm suddenly greytide with hand tele and captain's id
>some guy tries to set up some auschwitz gas chamber for me
>i get out of it
>get caught eventually
>server crashes
>>
>>500532
Mark did play a few rounds on Hatestation. He was generally ill received and I believe that's he started to have a vendetta against the threads given he had no control over them and began having others in his clan attack the server using Something Awful goons as his scapegoat.
It was really a sad sight to see but that's my scope of it. I disliked reading through the endless shitposts that lead nowhere.
>>
>>500451
rpfagging will be optional
>>
>>500572
how strict will rules be?
>>
>>500601
Ideally the only rule will be strict no erp. Honestly I don't know how smoothly that will work out so i'll have to deal with people on a case by case basis if things get out of hand
>>
File: clown.png (31 KB, 500x882)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>500604
To follow up this

Going to be opening a /vm/ server Friday around 7PM CST.
>Rules
No erp. Thats it. If new rules are needed ill post about them. If needed ill get a trip to keep things in order.
>Code
Goonstation code. If anyone wants to run anything different im open to suggestions before opening time.
>Future Prospects
I can run the server 24/7 if there is interest afterwards. If any codemonkey wants to help turn the code into something unique please let me know.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what im doing. Could be a shitshow, join and find out. Worst that happens is you lose an hour of time.
>>
File: Discord_Q82tnR01aE.png (42 KB, 480x355)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>500611
Boomerhost here, if you have infrastructure questions or technical problems, I'm lurking the thread and happy to help out someone making /vm/station real.
>>
>>500611
>goonstation
At least run something that will interest everyone, not their muhsekreteclub code.
>>
>>500732
Thanks anon, ill also be lurking for the next couple of days so ill be sure to reply if something comes up

>>500734
Such as? Like I said I'm open to suggestions. I myself aren't keen on a specific codebase, I just want to run what the majority of people want to play.
>>
>>500742
I'd suggest an older tgstation before they destroyed a lot of the game's mechanics.
>>
>>500747
Older /tg/station, alright. I'll search for the oldest version that byond will run and check it out. Do you know around what year the mechanics were changed?
>>
>>500748
Someone might know a bit better, I stopped playing around the end of 8champ's demise.
>>
>>500747
tgstation has fucked controls
>>
>>500752
Thanks anyway anon, either way I downloaded a recent version and im messing around in it right now
>>
>>500755
I prefer their tick rate which is a whole lot faster than vg or baystation.
>>
>>500611
I'm kind of retarded, don't know why I didn't do this to begin with
>https://poal.me/jmsxtg
>>
>>500747
That's basically bee
>>
>>500755
>older tgstation
>>
>>500859
Looks great from what I've seen so far. I hope there's ligger bashing if there's a server running this code, because I won't stand for fucking liggers.
>>
>>500413
It's been a while since I played but this off the top of my head. There also might be one or two things that are actually in the game but are buried so I just didn't notice them
>Lots of touches missing from medical like blood/gore creating miasma and spreading disease
>No higher tier gases for atmos so there's basically nothing to do during downtime besides the rust which is just busy work with no return
>For the same amount of time investment the R-ust has absolutely nothing on the HFR or fusion
>No ghost roles besides derelict and being a space hobo
>No xeno crossbreeding
Basically every job/mechanic is missing something. Everything is really simple and the only challenge is adopting to subtle differences like "Oh the SM has to be cooled with heat pipes rather than vents". With nothing to substitute it. It got to the point where I just assumed something I wanted to do wouldn't be in the game. I just assume you guys don't have something like whiteship, for example.

>>500491
There's still a small group of people clinging to the webring and markchan basically peer pressuring eachother into staying, and also not going to one of the other alternatives. They really don't want to give up that smugness of "Heh, we're too good for cuckchan" or "Heh, we're too good for cakechan" despite being flat out worse the majority of the time. It finally died for me when all the yes-devs in /agdg/ left and the useless faggots in there who didn't make games said "Ew, good riddance". /vg/ station actually gave me flashbacks to this
>>
File: thank you.jpg (36 KB, 400x388)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I'm glad I found a little home in this place.
>>
will we ever again have fun playing this game or is it only stress and suffering until the end?
>>
>>500772
votes so far
how hard would it be to make a /tg/-goon hybrid?
>>
>>501041
>how hard would it be to make a /tg/-goon hybrid?
I'm not a really a coder so making a code hybrid wouldn't be something I could do. That being said I could alternate what days code is running. For example, tgcode on fridays, goon on saturdays, etc.
>>
>>476504
i can host the server, i have done it before. i need to know what codebase and i can keep the server up indefinitely on donation gibs (i will be using vps because i dont want my own ip to get ddos by bored losers)
>>
>>480876
>It's BYOND as much as anything, I'd rather have a new engine to work with than do more DM.
What's wrong with DM? Better than C#
>>
>>501041
technically impossible
>>
The sad part is you can't have a server running for more than 2 days with /vm/ anons as its only population. It has to somehow appeal to the normies.

I'd make a server running 2019/2020 tg code and advertise it among tg players as classic LRP /tg/ experience without oranges and other shitty coders
>>
>>501113
oranges was already present back then but it could work
>cloning
>old atmos
>intents
>shotguns
>>
>>501113
>It has to somehow appeal to the normies.
This is a proof of concept to gain the momentum needed to host a server. Even if it fails, a few fun rounds can be had hosting it to a low pop group of spergs.
>>
>>501107
definitely would be possible
>>
>>501150
It's a waste of time really when there are stabler codebases out there without the possibility of game breaking bugs that would arise from such an unworldly combination.
>>
>>501113
it's space station, there is no real normie here, as long as that person isn't an absolute ass, drama queen with a fursona or a groomer it will be alright, dunno how you promote a server anyway besides reddit or going to /vg/.
>>
>>501216
Either advertise it to some altchans or let it spread by word of mouth.
>>
>>490181
>lowpop for no discernible reason
Fracinum or whatever that faggot name is is the reason nobody plays there.
>>
>>500742
Not that anon but I’d go for Beestation. Downstream of /tg/ without the autistic feature removal and some other things sprinkled in.
>>
>>501120
oranges removed shotguns!??!?!!?! god i left after the intent bullshit but i never knew he went THAT Far
>>
>>501242
I would like to hear what makes him such a faggot if it's not a problem.
>>
>>501255
Gotcha, not sure if ill run it this friday but ill download it and get it ready just incase
>>
>>501259
Didn't /tg/ remove secborgs and ai at one point?
>>
>>501299
never heard of /tg/ removing AI but they did remove secborgs forever. Not gonna complain they are a real pain in the ass.
>>
>>501299
Weirdly enough secborgs kinda exist. They're in the code but only accessible through admins and maybe some kind of event
>>
>>501299
long time ago they were removed, well before i started maining /tg/ in 2017
>>
Just realized NordVPN doesn't allow port forwarding. God Nord is such a pos vpn
>>
>>500611
>Going to be opening a /vm/ server Friday around 7PM CST.
Gonna wait for link then. How long will it be up for?
>>
>>501404
As long as there is a stable pop it'll be up. If I decide to go to bed and its still going strong then ill just leave it on and check it in the morning
>>
>>501411
friday is a horrible time, everyone will be on the web servers
>>
>>501421
Whats a good time in your opinion then?
>>
>>501431
sunday night
>>
>>501437
Shut the fuck up cunt
>>
>>501440
sunday night EST is the best time you stupid dumb nigger, its a weekend and the russian web server is down
>>
>>501442
Or let the server run the entire weekend.
>>
>>501446
That would be best
>>
>>501446
sorry my iq is low i didnt realize that was possible
>>
>>501446
>>501442
>>501437
Yeah that's most likely what i'll end up doing
>>
>>500732
Hey quick question, do I need to setup a static IP? Also should I run a VPN while hosting?
>>
>>501551
Static IP if you intend to have this as more than a one off event
>>
>>501551
I think the better question is who the fuck is going to try to trace you just because you’re serving a spessman game?
>>
>>501574
True, I just saw another anon mention it and thought it was worth an ask
>>
>>501574
>implying i won't backtrace the serb host and remove his kebab ass
>>
>>501551
static ip isnt necessary if you're using a vpn, or if this is a prototype server
>>
>>501270
Imagine a smug code monkey without a speck of empathy being given administrative power because they can code and can't be removed because they contribute content. He's the kind of powertripping asshole that will silently varedit machines to fuck with people. Whenever I see him in WHO list, I observe the round instead of playing because I know he will fuck it up or he's looking to abuse someone.
>>
Here's another lifeweb clone, this time based on Dwarf Fortress https://discord.gg/TUXsKyqSUV
No whitelist(yet)
>>
File: ss13 fool.png (1.94 MB, 900x1500)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>477014
Hippie is a shambling corpse kept alive by a boat captain that dumps his income into keeping it up on the hub and a deadbeat dad chink that tried to sell hippie tanktops as advertisement. Its soul is dead, almost every oldfag left, there's barely any actual admins or coders. There's also no fucking players, which is the most important thing for a server. Let it die, just like admiralhippie did t.former headmin
>>
>>501773
sounds based
>>
>>501835
Based on what?
>>
>>501777
Hippie killed his server because he turned into a gay lefty
>>
File: FUCKING_PLAY_YOU_FUCKS.png (257 KB, 423x427)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>501551
I would recommend at least keeping an eye on your IP regularly, and using a domain name instead of a static IP and just handing that out.
VPN is kinda aids to use since you're adding latency and another point of failure. I never did. Random people get your IP every day, it's not like handing it out yourself is any different.
>>
>>501873
wasn't he the guy who famously said
>if you can't say nigger on your server your server is shit
?
>>
>>501879
Yeah and then he went back on that and shut down his server because of the Christchurch shooting
>>
>>501879
He still became a fag lover, destroyed his server to spite the few people that kept playing on it and some people clamed that he killed himself a year ago iirc
>>
File: AMERICANS.jpg (35 KB, 600x617)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>501895
this and a dude that dropped the translation of a manga because trump won are the worst kind, I rather they stopped doing their things just because they got tired instead of stupid politics affecting people that did absolutely nothing.
>>
>>501873
Two funny things about that yeah? When the chink came to power, Hippie came on the server to try to convince him to chance the name of the server, since he didn't want to be associated with it, and the chink nearly did it, but hippie decided to nuke the forums because the webmaster didn't fucking change the password or remove his forum admin status in years.
Afterwards he made le funny expose video where he showed how the evil players spammed nigger on the forums.
Then he turned into a they/them and killed himself. Quite sad honestly.
>>
what about this
https://twitter.com/admiralhippie

is it his legit account?
>>
>>501996
No, that's a faggot who took the handle as soon as he killed himself.
>>
>>501998
if he knew this will happen after his death he would probably still be alive
>>
>SS13 lives and dies on antags/clowns/shitters creating conflicts
This is why I ban evade. There is no game here unless something is happening and 3/5 times the players are too cucked into submission to do anything.
>>
>>502077
got gassed and banned on /vg/, was funny not worth evading
>>
>>502077
tg has a new-ish version of their dynamic mode which, apart from rolling threat on roundstart, also rolls threat for midround antags which are usually ghost roles and drop in 20-40 minutes in
one of the better nu-tg features desu
>>
>>502077
this is like pirates justifying pirating. just do it, don't pretend like it's for a higher cause because you just come off like a coping faggot
>>
So has the host managed to launch his server?
>>
File: clown (2).jpg (129 KB, 820x1056)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>502231
>>500611
Server is up. Come join and try to get /vm/server going.
>Link
byond://47.38.204.181:7013
>Rules
No ERP
regular rp is optional
>Todays code
current tgstation
>How long
One day atleast, if there is interest I will keep the server alive

Starting the first round at 7:00PM CST. That's about 10 minutes from the time of this post

Disclaimer: I'm a first time host so things could be fucked up that I don't know about. Reply to this post if you run into anything fucky.
>>
>>502269
>current tgstation
based
>>
>>502269
>no erp
cringe
>>
>>502269
>Headless character inflicted with spontaneous brian trauma
>>
>>502314
HARS?
>>
>>500772
>>501041
I vote for beestation code.
>>
>playing without a mouse
>still manage to robust the chef
>track gets twitchy as I fuddle to track his character
ebin
I also hate what tgstation did with the ability to place wires. What's up with that?
>>
>>502347
it's basically just redstone, with pipe cleaners using the old connection system for floor art.
>>
>>502350
Fucking sucks.
Someone spam this thread on /v/, we could get more players.
I saw a thread there last night with interested people and some nostalgia.
>>
>>502358
Honestly I don't mind. 4 Intents, Old wiring, Old piping, all of those are things that are harder to do for very little reason. It's funny how combat mode makes the game easier to pick up by new players and being implemented on lifeweb first, considering how much lifeweb wants to be a secret club.
>>
How do people even play on nu-tg? Chem is fucked, atmos is weird, can't right click normally, no intents. It's like they put 80% of their work on just the UI and everything else was given to the most retarded coders to fuck with.
>>
>>502269
Nu/tg/ is weird, switched to bee for now.
>>
Someone bake a bread on /v/
>>
Bee is broken. Popup windows display completely blank.
>>
>>502403
yep, guess goon is only good one for now
>>
>>502403
>>502408
>>502269
Bee is borked, most recent version on github doesn't work for some reason. I think i'm going to reopen it tomorrow. To the person who helped me find monke, glitch happened and I was sent to the black void of nothingness. Couldn't tele anywhere
>>
>>502409
rip, bee would have been the most fun, let's play goon tomorrow then
I'll see if I can find a fix for bee by myself
>>
>>502411
It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>502403
TG: 1
Bee: 0
>>
>>502394
Medical on nu-/tg/ is way better unironically aside from the lack of self-surgery.

>>502220
Nah. I brought it up because it's a genuine fault with the game. Lifeweb has tons of mechanics that pit players against eachother ontop of antags. SS13 comes down to skirting the line between whether or not the jannies will actually do something this time. It's retarded.
>>
>>502584
>Lifeweb has tons of mechanics that pit players against eachother ontop of antags. SS13 comes down to skirting the line between whether or not the jannies will actually do something this time.
evader to coder, how would (you) make players get into conflict with each other more? More antagonists with less importance to the round? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on making meaningful conflict, because I've been working on it myself
>>
File: tcomms.png (194 KB, 862x360)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>502601
One way to do it without changing the entire game would be to add way more ghost roles. Not meme ones like the beach or isolated ones like derelict, but slightly antag ones that can actually affect the station like Tcomms or Ash Lizards. It gives players the agency to mix things up each round if they're dead or if they just want to play hardmode one round. At the same time it can't be basically opting into antag for free. Take Ash Lizards for example. They have to fight their way to get back to the station and are so weak one robust miner can wipe them out but if they work hard enough they can actually make their way on the station and are free to do whatever they want peace or combat.
Also just in general adding a grey area between antag and non-antag that most players can be, so even if antags aren't doing anything the players are incentivized to start shit. A good example would be traits. In SS13 they're basically flavortext or stat buffs/nerfs. In Lifeweb the vices are the equivalent and they basically tell you how to behave, one even is a toned down version of the Obsessive traitor role in SS13 without the killing part.
There's also linking players together, for example Lifeweb has bloodlines, so players are incentivized to keep eachother alive meaning any drama either get in involves more people.

A huge part of it though is rules. If you murder anyone in SS13 without knowing they're the traitor you're skirting the line of whether or not jannies get involved. I think adding way more ghost roles would offset this because if Sec is executing everyone for tiny things and people are rebelling against them, everyone who dies is becoming an antag-lite that will make things even worse.
>>
>>502363
I still can't get over what they did to atmos piping. Wiring was cringe but what they did to atmos piping is just flat out retarded.
>>
itt anons discussing code changes when we all know the real reason why this game has become so shit lies in people playing it and the collective spaceman psychology shifting from an autist who likes stupid random shit and doesnt care to an oversensitive attention deprived discord tranny playing for social circles and the feeling of power (or worse, not playing at all and being an admin or coder)

shitty code changes are downstream from that and you can't fix the code until you fix the people

tl;dr make a server with whichever codebase, name it NIGGER STATION and advertise it in proper places
>>
File: sad.jpg (368 KB, 877x617)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>502403
This should go away if you clear the caches for IE and BYOND. There was also some way to permanently prevent this fuck up from happening by changing IE's settings, but sadly I can no longer find the tutorial for how to do this.
>>
>>502667
i remember seeing it years ago, and still have it, but my username is in it so u can go fk urself
>>
>>502667
Tempted to post a list from a db backup of another server I have.
>>
>>502771
just erase your name
>>
>>502651
Honestly, I agree.
I fucking hate streamers who started attracting mainstream attention from normies to SS13.
The Ssethtide wasn't too bad, Oney's Tide wasn't bad, it's when fags from twitch kept showing this game as a PG13 2D Roblox when it started out as an autistic project, not coded by them, nor played by them from the start.

Just fucking call it Nigger Station with a welcome banner saying Fuck Niggers and Faggots.
That should keep them away.
If a fucking snake tries to apply for mod powers, check their record and actions, have a log of it. If there's not a record of Nigger, Faggot, Retard, Cuck or the usual in there in mass numbers, redflag them and ban them.

I am sick and tired of of these kiddiepool shitty servers, and /v/'s server rarely has any pop, long with that one retardmin that was too high up his ass.
>>
>>502793
Every single "based" server was run by insane people like carp or grifters like lion. As far as people are concerned the based demographic is just a source of gullible people whose wallets can be tapped into despite it being a free game. So start off with someone reliable. Merchantstation seems to be what you want as a codebase but it is currently kinda dead, as long as it is hosted by a sane person
>>
>>502785
cannot
>>502792
im not giving you it, i don't want you to use it for nefarious purposes and be a total nigger
>>
>>502626
Name some ideas for low round importance antagonists
>>
if no one is going to host the /vm/ server i will, i got $50 credit for free on digitalocean and can host a server for two months.
what codebase? i will use /tg/, or bay, or etc.. idk i heard from replies here that bee is borked. i can see if i can host old school /tg/, the code right before cloning was removed
>>
>>502860
thieves, goal of escaping the station alive while having an item you were assigned to steal on you
>>
>>502863
Great idea, ill try pr'ing it today
>>
>>502667
The impersonating aspect of this seems like a very bad idea, because once you code it into your CKEY spoofer here, you’ll have let the genie out of the bottle so to say. It’ll only be a matter of time before someone rants about this on Reddit, and then almost every server will start enforcing verification through discord to even play matches with even more autistic gatekeeping, and if it gets bad enough the one guy maintaining BYOND might step in and fundamentally change how CKEYs work, rendering your spoofer (and a lot of other ban evasion tools) useless
>>
>>502870
Hey what happened to karma i heard they went loony
>>
>>502863
eater, start as a worm eating vomit, blood off the floor, maybe some corpse around and good food. get big enough you have to eat alive a target objetive and take his place. then do whatever you want.
Space Hooligans, they have to stay drunk to not have some ailments, promote your team, bash the head of the rival team, be unpleasant but not a murderer. Tag marked place.
GO! GO! SINGULO SMASHERS! FUCK NORTHSTAR BLOBS!
>>
>>502860
I just think ghost roles are the way to go on lowpop instead of antags because if someone dies low pop and isn't going to be revived instead of just leaving they can do a ghost role. Maybe just taking the existing midround antags and make a toned down version that people could spawn as a ghost role. Pirates for example could be made into a ghost role and some extra steps could be added before they could get to the station, similar to how charlie station (in theory) has to fix up their station before leaving for the main station. It could be the deep space equivalent of ash lizards.

Otherwise you'd have to make substantial changes to the game itself targeted specifically for low pop.

>>502863
That wouldn't work for lowpop because there wouldn't be anyone to defend said items. The CE locker for example gets raided frequently at low pop and no one gives a shit. Not to mention everyone basically has AA since there aren't enough people to fill all the jobs. The only item anyone defends is the nuke disk because it stops nukies from being spawned and ending the round. The guy will just steal the item and no one will know or care.
>>
>>502875
The worm idea at LEAST replaces morph
>>
>>502878
The game to a very heavy degree stops working entirely at < 10 players, its not worth designing for but rather leaving as creative project time
>>
>>502886
>creative project time
Everytime servers start doing this shit it's a deathknell that it wont last long.
>>
>>502883
don't fucking show him, he's going to use it to grief like a space nigger
>>
>>502959
I'm talking from the perspective that gets enough players to not be in the "game doesn't mechanically work" state most of the time, lmao
>>
>>502965
*perspective of a server, my bad
>>
>>502869
there was two leaks. i have the older one that has every single connection that a user has made, along with their ckey and cid. both are from hippie.
unfortunately, like other anon said, you're going to use it to grief so kys
>>
what server should I play on as a complete beginner? all of the RP rules on most servers seem daunting as hell
>>
>>502982
i'll throw out /tg/station as my vote, I started on it ages ago and I still like it
>>
>>502982
Unfortunately for you, most servers now are mrp with lots of shitty rules. I don't recommend tgstation because rounds are short and lots of things are happening at once so it can get very confusing, but that's also fun once you know what to do. I'd rather recommend beestation because even though both its servers are mrp the admins aren't often on so you can basically fuck around by yourself without people bothering you too much compared to other mrp servers, especially on lowpop.
The problem with different codebases is that the game mechanics, playerbase, UI, controls, and other details are different enough that you'll need to relearn half the game if you switch after learning one server. Just go in with the mentality to try to have fun and if you don't then switch to another server.
>>
>>503001
>I don't recommend tgstation because rounds are short and lots of things are happening at once

i'll let you judge for yourself, but the round lengths are pretty good
https://moth.fans/data/round-lengths
>>
Ayo i need some help
I played SS13 like 6 years ago and I used to play on a Roleplay Station that had like 4 hour rounds

some of the Races playable included insect people who ate a Mushroom called Koi or something that had Plasma in it with a worker caste and a Noble caste that could telepathically talk to each other using pheromones
They also had to breathe plasma from airtanks and would get posioned when eating non Koi and non Plasma based foods and drinks.-

Um the Station itself had multiple Z-levels and there was multi Z-level mining.
Also a Trash compactor in the south next to mining where you could squish people
and an Elevator in the Quartermasters going to the top layer with the Escape shuttle

Notably they also had Plump Helmet men you could mutate in Xenobotany and cool shit like that.

What fucking Station was that?
>>
>>502982
all beginner servers nowadays are either cancerous or autistic. /vg/ if you want autism, /tg/ if you enjoy LGBTQ++ and tranny devs
>>
>>503019
aurora
>>
>>503009
Huh, well their lrp server rounds often ended half an hour in back when I played two years ago I remember. They changed so many things so it probably affected round length.
>>
So last night's host isn't coming back?
>>
File: Based.png (68 KB, 1193x827)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>503027
>aurora
Oh my fucking god thank you I have been looking through shitty ERP servers for 6 hours and just couldn't find it because it had too many people playing on it

This Server is based by the way.
>>
>>503031
what's based about it?
>>
>>503033
The Station itself, the systems in play, I love fucking around with the Astroturf and make Exploding Self replicating Plasmaproducing Lemons that grow on any surface in a Vacuum
>>
>>503033
HRP without sex. the only issue is the playerbase is a bit pussy. there was this """""girl""""" who cried over her character getting borged, no joke, literally cried
>>
>>502347
>>502363
desu the nu-wires are fine because you don't really do anything complicated with them
nu-pipes on the other hand are fucking unusable
>>
>>502965
And I'm saying not at least adding a few things for the inevitable <10 pop is basically signing the server's death warrant. Unless it's just going to be an event night server. I don't get why people are writing it off as if this wont be the norm when starting a new server even if it starts out with 30 players because you shilled it to every corner of the internet. At least add a map or something optimized around few players and I don't mean just a scaled down map like Packed Station. A later iteration of Hatestation was trying to make a station for lowpop rounds that was basically charlie station but slightly larger.

>>503178
Nu-wires suck if you actually have to rewire stuff, for example: No one setup the SM so now you have to do some janky wiring to power the emitters or get atmos powered for CO2. You want to hotwire the freighter to the powergrid so you can leech power from the station. They're also buggy as hell ontop of that. I was just trying to do the later on /tg/ and the wires glitched out a ton. Holding their charge even though I disconnected from the station for example.

It's literally designed to make doing solars easier and nothing else.
>>
>>502863
people like thieves so far, looks like they're gonna get into the game.
>>
ban transstuff
>>
File: 1639162583989.jpg (125 KB, 1375x749)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>493710
>>493987
>>
gamers i must know what codebase to use for the /vm/ server, otherwise i will default to /vg/, or use an old /tg/ code
>>
>>503599
>old /tg/ code
This
>i will default to /vg/
Why wouldn't everyone just play /vg/ then?
>>
>>503610
because /vg/ is full of shitty rules and admins. i want to run a ruleless server and ban shitters. the community seems small enough for it to be possible
>>
>>503599
alright bros, how old? the commit right before cloning?
>>
>>503599
beestation, nigger
>>
>>503650
good luck to get people to pick a point in the past. some will want cloning, some will want newmed, some will want combat mode, some will even want asteroid mining.
>>
>>503672
who would want combat mode
>>
>>503683
lifeweb players, also a lot of new spessmen to the game learned off of combat mode and games die without the influx of new peeps
>>
>>503672
Honestly, I want cloning mainly because of mines.
So far, I like Bee's code, but I like old tg better.
>>
>>503654
Beestation ain't working, UI is fucked.

>>503599
Shiptest is fun even on lowpop so it could be great. The codebase is like bee's too. But it's basically anyone can get a ship for themselves or play on other people's ships. Here is their git: https://github.com/shiptest-ss13/Shiptest
If the archive download is fucked, download through git program.
>>
>>503721
Any codebase of Bee from 2019 still existing?
That would be nice.
>>
>>503721
That sounds stupid and ruins the flow of normal ss13. Why would anyone play that
>>
>>503727
It's an alternative gamemode, just like CM, 40k, or any of those. It's more for solo/team exploration of ruins in space, planets, and asteroids. With combat between the different teams possible. If you like looting space outside the station or looting lavaland ruins in a normal ss13 round you'll like it.
>>
>>503734
Shiptest is infested with the same trannies that killed boomer
>>
>>503740
The server yes but the code is fine so if we have to run a lowpop server I'm saying we could try the shiptest codebase.
>>
>>503721
>Beestation ain't working, UI is fucked.
Clear your cache.
>>
>>503725
https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet/network/members
Tons of forks from different times, find one that you like. Here's one from 2019: https://github.com/Kevak/BeeStation-Hornet

And here's the same for tgstation, easy to find one from before nu-tg shit: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/network/members
>>
>>503637
it also has a shitty codebase even compared to outdated /tg/.
>>
>>503781
Brother it's git, this is what god invented commit hashes for
>>
>>503742
I guess. If you host it I'll hop on.
>>
>>503742
ok ill use shiptest. Ill set up server tonight, it will be available weeklong to test out and see if everything works fine.
>>
>>493710
I remember the first raid /vg/ did on Vorestation. I chose the smallest size and would hide bodies by shoving them up my butt.
Security does a cavity search and they lose me among the sea of corpses that pops out my ass.
>>
sorry for no serber, i was preoccupied. ill get it done by tonight, for sure
>>
Alright everyone: how do I become the ultimate janitor?
>>
>>504419
Dirtmakers become valid
>>
>>504419
space cleaner mixed with acid
>>
>>504419
always carry two spray bottles: one with cleaner, other with lube. switch depending on situation
>>
>>504419
mop and plastic signs which you spam point at after someone slips. bonus points if you're a green lizard with a forward facing purple cap
>>
>>504419
play misero, fuck dead bodies
>>
>>504419
Be traitor and accomplish objective with only buying slipapocalypse nades.
>>
>>504526
WRONG! the misero has no idea what sex is.
>>
>>504611
god i want a 80iq misero waifu
>>
>>504282
where is it you lying kebab
>>
File: COOL SPACE SHIP.png (40 KB, 281x335)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Playing voidcrew, pretty fun. Basically there's no space station. You earn points by completing rounds on the server. With that you can buy basic ships, you then have to maintain them and go from asteroid to asteroid getting mats to slowly build your autism fort. Don't join a ship that has like 10 people on it, the most fun is in the beginning when you're fighting to get your shitty glass box from ikea in space.

>Notes
-"Floor tiles" with a capital F are what you need to make a floor when you make your own shitty space raft
-Don't rename your ship midflight or you will fuck yourself forever
-For every round you're alive in some capacity when it ends you get 350 fun bucks to spend in the next rounds.
>>
>>504741
We should have a /vm/ spaceship on voidcrew
>>
>>504741
yeah voidcrew is shiptest but lrp, and probably with less faggotry
>>
THE OLD SCHOOL /TG/ SERVER IS HERE, FOR /VM/!
it runs off 2019 summer code (july) from /tg/. it is quite outdated, and as such may have issues. i am not keen on fixing the issues, though, as i don't have much time to develop. i just have the money to host indefinitely. no rules apply, just roleplay and have a good time

you can join at byond://67.205.138.197:8000

key issues:
1. i had to delete a random math equation to make the server compile. it does not exist in modern /tg/, neither does the file it originates from.
2. some things may be dodgy. it took ten minutes to download the resources, but i believe it is my own internet. the server is hosted by someone else so don't worry about the speed of the server
3. the server isn't THAT old of a build. it is sorta right before oranges came in and fucked everything up. be in mind, sleepers were removed in this build used, but sutures weren't added
4. just be mindful of any game breaking bugs.

if, by popular demand a older build is requested, i won't have an issue doing that.
>>
>>504753
hope this doesn't end in everyone being stuck headless for like an hour again
>>
>>504753
who the fuck thought needing to hold ctrl for everything was a good idea
>>
>>504753
ore redemption machines are totally fucked, don't use them
>>
>>504816
i studied the bug and found out that https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/45627 patches the issue. i'll make this the new version tomorrow morning.
>>
File: ss13 tarot the magician.png (1.43 MB, 900x1500)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>504753
Finally KINO
>>
8 players, not bad start, are we on the hub?
>>
>>504858
not on the hub
>>
>>504877
good
>>
spent the whole round just growing weed
>>
File: 1640684528120.png (13 KB, 708x97)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
I regret nothing.
>>
server crashed?
>>
server crashed
>>
>>504888
looks like it
>>
the nigger syndicate getting btfo'd by the freshly joined hos was funny
>>
I was about to start ranting about circumcision being a sin. And the server crashed.
>>
sorry for the crash guys, i forgot to do something when running the server
>>
>>504894
Is cool.
>>
File: schizo food.jpg (157 KB, 1066x1066)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>504894
when's it gonna be back up? this is kino
>>
>>504892
HoS also indirectly assisted in the large amout of weed produced by helping me out of that locked rook
>>
should try to port over the current settings menu to this version
>>
i'll join later
>>
>>504905
i dont really have time to do big code changes, however i can certainly put it on github and allow others to contribute to add quality of life features and bug fixes such as that, without niggerfying the game like the /tg/ devs do now
>>
>>504913
yeah well ideas from this very thread are now in modern /tg/ code, ehehehe thanks for the contributions
>>
>>504913
make a git please
>>
>>504935
tomorrow
>>
I want to try AI with low pop but I feel I need to know some atmos, otherwise I would be a bad AI that can't plasma flood or fix the air.
>>
>>504964
>tfw never learned atmos
>>
>>504484
>bonus points if you're a green lizard with a forward facing purple cap
Whats the lore behind this? I've seen this before but it's been like an unspoken meme.

>>504753
Aw fuck. That sounds amazing but I'm not gunna be able to play for a week. Hopefully the server is still around by then.
>>
Pretty hype for /vm/station finally being a thing
>>
>>504964
It's really easy, if you see a character named Ricky Morty that's me. Ask me in character how to do it and I'll teach you. To avoid breaking rules we'll wait until the everyone else is on the shuttle.
>>
Heads up for the server:

I completely changed the server to a newer version. You'll have to do your preferences again. However, this version is a week older and has fixed the issue with consoles eating id cards.

git repo comes in an hour or so
>>
>>476459
yeah
>>
>>505112
connection failed
>>
>>505159
was doing some shit with it, should be up rest of the day now
>>
>>504741
What's wrong with renaming your ship?
>>
>>503858
Voidcrew is lrp shiptest. Alot less faggotry in my experience.
>>
>>505107
Thanks, I did read the page in the wiki a long time ago, but sometimes you need field experience.
>>
https://github.com/not-a-furry/vmstation

here it is, feel free to check it out
>>
To fix ss13 you'd need a remake that's designed around being lrp and doesn't rely on mods to keep people in line.
I've had fun with the game but its reliance on jannies to keep it all working lead to the inevitable death of lrp servers and their replacement by roleplay trannies.
That being said, I enjoyed my time as lynch mob coordinator when playing sec on bee lrp.
>>
>>493221
I hosted this server for a couple days myself before I straight up refused to continue hosting them. Headmin consistently adminbusses (gibbing people with admin for his ic roleplay), and they act around 14ish. Honestly I'm almost entirely sure that the headmin is underage, it's why I dropped them(and because they're a nazi)
>>
>>505195
Fuck it, why don't I say what I think should be changed then.
Sec sucks to play and sucks to deal with because they punish crimes by putting people in time out. This makes doing the job correctly really fucking hard when you're solo sec.
Sec should have a place to put arrested people but they should only carry out arrests on people committing big crimes. Potential antag/shitter type stuff. Smaller crimes should just be given fines.
This would also give lawyers an actual purpose. If you're stuck in jail for only 2 minutes, why waste time trying to get a lawyer?
>>
>>505230
this is because of jannies. sec would be fun to play, if jannies didn't get faggots who ahelp after getting arrested for doing something obviously wrong. it should be up to the head of security and the captain on how to run their own station, not the admins. admins should enforce that roleplay happens, and nothing else
>>
>>505235
Even ignoring jannies, sec is more fun for everyone when they take a lighter hand toward crimes.
If the botanist is making drugs, let him (with a fine) instead of rolling up, destroying his shit, and slapping him in cuffs for a few minutes before he has to start the whole process over again. Sec focusing on giving out fines and beatings would make it much easier to have a small number of sec effectively enforce space law.
Like, what if there's a bar fight?
For arrest-heavy sec you have to roll up, arrest everyone, drag them all to jail, and then go catch the guys who ran off while you were busy dragging the other guys to jail.
Fine-giving sec would roll up, break up the fight, give everybody a $50 fine, and then fuck off to go back to searching for the antag. Sec is fun for the antag hunt, not the tard wrangling.
>>
>>505241
naw then that's entirely on the head of staff and how they want to run their station, if you enforce a certain way of playing then you become a faggot janny yourself
>>
I'm a fucking retard, goonstation looks like they handle sec exactly how I described.
>>505244
For a /tg/ downstream all you'd need to do would be adding in the fines from goon and then changing punishment severity to how goon does it.
I'm writing from the perspective of a guy who's done a lot of solo sec on ~20 pop servers, and I think that'd work a lot better. Focusing on arrests isn't really practical when sec is heavily outnumbered, and /tg/sec don't have a good alternative to arrests that work with the rules imposed on them.
>>
Lifeweb did security right, a two-way system: there's the baron's own guards who do whatever he commands, and then there's the moral police who is the actual "security" composed of the Inquisition, as counterbalance.
>>
>>505195
>To fix ss13 you'd need a remake that's designed around being lrp and doesn't rely on mods to keep people in line.
That would require the game to be balanced, which, with the current amount of features and mechanics is next to impossible.
The closest you're going to get is something like Barotrauma.
>>
>>505241
>Sec fines
That is the gayest thing I've ever read being added. Fining people for money they don't use for anything. Arrest heavy sec is best sec because then you get clowns leading revolts and uprisings. But with janny influence you don't get either because sec would be bwoinked for ruining the safespace and people revolting would get bwoinked because it's technically self-antaging. Cucking the shit out of sec just makes a boring stale around.
>>
>>505256
the moral police would be central command in ss13, however most admins dgaf about interacting in the round, making it admin-dependent.
>>
>>505252
>I'm writing from the perspective of a guy who's done a lot of solo sec on ~20 pop servers, and I think that'd work a lot better
You should try growing a backbone. Conflict is what drives the game.
>>
>>505309
>guy commits crime
>beat him up and drag him to cell
>sit there for a few minutes
>let him out
vs
>guy commits crime
>beat him up and fine him
Conflict still happened but you didn't have to waste both people's time on the arrest process. It doesn't remove conflict, it just removes the time wasting shit that happens after that conflict is over.
>>
The game is really boring when nothing is happening. So either admins/jannies spawn, antags or make events to remedy that on a round to round basis or the rules allow players going against each others. ie: sec being tyrants and the crew rebelling, cargo arming to take over medical, the captain being a douche and doing crazy shit, or any other thing that make two or more groups go against each others. Chill rounds are fine too but if every round is forced to be a chill round or antags go completely stealthy because of the rules then it's incredibly boring. This is also why syndicate comms agent is fun, because you can pit people against each others with impunity even on larger servers.
>>
File: 1439048278644.jpg (66 KB, 500x438)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
We just tested for a server to ink out the bugs and already we got moral role policing and event valid hunter.
It was nice being a shaft miner and having my role break in testing and all, but there's already hoppers from other servers planning to niggerfy /vm/'s server.
One of them even boiling their shit over nazis, in this site of all places.
Ban any hopperfags that are trying to niggerfy the server.

Also, good shit, Clown. You almost managed to survive that round.
>>
when are we playing /vm/?
>>
>>505328
I think 7pm EST
>>
File: 1602276533283.png (101 KB, 477x386)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>505313
Holy fuck British police are coming to SS13? Seriously though that fine system sounds really gay and pointless. No one uses money in SS13 for anything and even if they did it's so milktoast compared to what you hear in the best sec stories. Sec would be fine if they were actually in charge of policing the round not fucking metagame jannies and their faggoty note system.
>>
>>505241
>Sec is fun for the antag hunt, not the tard wrangling.
One of the gayest thing's I've ever heard. I find sec to be fun pretty much only when I'm negotiating with people and talking down conflicts (and usually failing). Hunting antags is boring.
>>
>>505356
everyone has a different playstyle
>>
curious enough, I think Paradise has the best sec because they take it seriously, the problem with sec is that most of the time they are just bouncers with electric stick instead of police.
The fine works if there's things to buy and a bank system like in goonstation, I really like you can go to search traders and get cool things like weapons, implants and armor.
I think someone has to make emergency button that signals all security personal and has a cooldown because then the clown would press the button until a brutal beating.
>>
>>505256
Too bad Lifeweb became a nanny state catering to discordfags. I miss the interzone.
>>
>>505365
interzone was doomed from the start. randy did not want to catch a case for all the cheese pizza that asswipe was posting
>>
byond://67.205.138.197:8000

come play
>>
>>505346
>Sec would be fine if they were actually in charge of policing the round not fucking metagame jannies and their faggoty note system.
I'm just spitballing a way for sec to be able to do that better. Sec need a better way to be able to do on-location punishments, because arrests just feel like you're wasting everyone's time.
>inb4 just beat them
Yeah, but give me a space law book for the number of beatings each crime deserves. Something like that.
>>
>>505377
we getting on at 7 nigga
>>
>>505378
While I agree arresting and brigging someone for 2 minutes is a waste of everyone’s time fines are not the way to go. Problem is, then what is the right way to go?
>>
>>505407
I am fine with just getting beat up and left on near crit if I commit crimes instead of being in baby jail for 5 minutes.
>>
>>505408
This honestly. Fines sound really retarded. From a mechanic standpoint and an RP standpoint. It reminds me of the time I played boomerstation as a clown, stole the chem dispenser to make lube grenades and the sec officer just whined at me to comply because he was so afraid of being an abusive shitsec. Cucked sec officers are the most pathetic thing to see in this game.
>>
This codebase is weird. I think it's the same one Kiwistation used. I think fusion is still in though.
>>
>>505441
it should be
>>
>>505168
If you rename while in space you glitch forever
>>
File: ss13 captain google.png (8 KB, 592x105)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
ss13 moment
>>
cringe AI
>>
>>505512
you are cringe
>>
>>505515
cope and sneed
>>
props to the man who managed to fix my fuck up with the SM.
>>
turned all the magic contracts i got into paper airplanes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QGVw1I7nAw
voidcrew cool
>>
>The antag who runs around the station of 10 players with a full armory and AA picking people off
pretty cringe
>>
>>505593
it was hos so of course he got all of armory
>>
>>505586
looks gay
>>
>accidentally abandon a couple crew members on a planet
>land down to pick them up
>we landed on them
>>505598
It's kino
>>
seems like this server actually has a chance to stay here for longer
>>
>>505594
I thought heads couldn't be traitor in this version
>>
File: vmstation escape.png (320 KB, 946x960)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
very epic ending
>>
>>505633
it's lowpop so when theres no traitors the host gives traitor to some people
>>
I'm glad miners can do their job now. Pretty zen listening to the niggers up at the station in lavaland.
>>
>>505634
I lived. Good end.
>>
>>505635
i did not give traitor to the HoS that round, i gave it to detective so that they could work together (detective was new and got pwned)
>>
>>505641
generally what is done is that if a head rolls traitor, they are weighed differently than, lets say, three cargo technicians
>>
i made a discord for the server and forgot to put it anywhere but ooc
pain#6519 is the host
https://discord.gg/RuqJc2XmSV
>>
>>505655
>discord
another ss13 server falls for the trap
>>
>>505655
Fuck that and fuck you
>>
And like that, The Vaxx Captain has been slain.
>>
Hugh Otmait, God bless your patriotism.
>>
>>505674
In the future wait for the round to end
>>
File: 63974732.jpg (35 KB, 250x250)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>505655
I like how straight away it has become a server meme to link vore and furry discord servers claiming it's the one for the SS13 server
>>
File: ss13 pzifer victory.png (13 KB, 625x198)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>505674
VAXX CAPT WINS
>>
>>505701
FUCK
>>
>>505701
I knew immediately when I saw you in my dept I was going to get murdered but I ran to the wrong airlock.
>>
traitor captain feels too easy but at the same time the crew has more reasons to rebel so I like it
so long as there aren't too many murderbones
>>
>>505655
oh wow you got me, good one
>>
pretty fun, deathsquad at the end was little overkill but round was taking forever
>>
>>505767
Rounds feel like they last forever because surprisingly no one is greytiding or otherwise being shitters
>>
>grenade is 90% black powder
>doesn't explode
huh?
>>
>>505785
doesn't really make much sense either because it's a ruleless server bar acting like a nigger
>>
File: vmstation name 1488.png (27 KB, 625x248)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
how long until we get kicked off the hub?
>>
Props to you guys trying to have fun again in ss13, but you guys should really just ditch TGstation and try making your own branch from another less anal retentive codebase. From 2015 onward TG has really just been designed by a single individual who tries to force their play2win vision onto the game, and due to that TG has been diluted with loads of stupid changes that will take forever to fix.

Just fork rev4407, have a codemonkey turn it into something playable, save, compile and work from there. Will ultimately be worth it in the long run instead of trying to undo 8 years of TG.
>>
File: zeldacdi.jpg (24 KB, 226x218)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>505812
>Just fork rev4407, have a codemonkey turn it into something playable
lmao, have fun finding that person. you have no idea how incompatible 4407 is with byond 514
>Will ultimately be worth it in the long run instead of trying to undo 8 years of TG.
by catching up to 11 years of active development, good or bad? nobody wants to play that shit until you do, get real

you are seriously whispering terrible ideas into whomever is hosting /vm/station's ear because i know you're just an ideas guy and not actually someone capable of doing any of the work you suggested.
>>
File: gender soap.png (90 KB, 990x475)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
if anyone can explain to me why the fuck /tg/ developers decided to assign some objects genders, feel free to tell me
>>
>>505851
thats just a grammar thing
>>
>>505851
because byond formats pronouns for objects, NEUTER and PLURAL are really commonly changed on objects to refer to a singular vs collection of something. soap is a weird case (i assume because you make soap from scooping gibs, which are also plural), but one that more sense is remains. one example of broken dialogue if remains weren't plural would be:

"That's remains." vs "That's some remains."

This isn't unique to /tg/, you need to look at more codebases. any of them, because this is documented as such in byond documentation as an ATOM level variable https://www.byond.com/docs/ref/#/atom/var/gender
>>
>>505860
thank u fren
>>
>>505792
You have to use something to heat it up, use somethimg that make flames when combined maybe?
>>
>>505767
I think only the QM and Clown actually tried fighting the blob. Also an engineer set up emitters shooting walls and went SSD. Everyone else just hid in their department like cucks so they deserved having the deathsquad hunt them down and kill them.
>>
>>505809
is it even possible?
>>
>>505851
lmao based
>>
>>505168
spaghetti code, probably.
>>
File: remove.png (101 KB, 240x266)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>505195
my main gripe with most MRP and higher servers is rules like "don't take people out of the round" since they contradict the reason Space Law exists in the first place (to punish wrongdoers, including people who kill). if you ahelp whenever your character get robusted, you might have skin too thin, go get it checked. "roleplay" more like learn to play, scrublord.
>>
>>505280
i think SS13 is already pretty balanced, by the school of "everyone is OP so nobody is". stuns and slips on one side, high damage ranged destructive power on the other, every department has the ability to access one or the other, and some have both. and that's not including breaking into other departments to steal their shit.
>>
>>506016
Balanced in the sense that can a small group of players use metagaming and exploits to lock down the fun of everyone else or speedrun destroy the station? Absolutely not.
"Everyone's OP" just doesn't work as a balancing method because there will always be things that are even more OP than everything else and the min-maxing nature of non-moderated multiplay tends to lead to faggots just beelining to whatever the meta strategy is to shut down everything anything else anyone might be trying to do.
>>
>>506027
oh yeah, in that way it makes sense. guess it wasn't something i thought about, been a while since i last played
>>
ban transstuff
>>
>>506032
Make being trans mandatory
>>
>>506034
t. ransstuff
>>
>>506027
It's just a reality you can speedrun the station's destruction and I don't see any way to nerf that without ruining the game. Atmos can plasmaflood in seconds, engineering can tesloose, science can make a maxcap in 2 minutes, etc. Trying to balance this puts you down the path /tg/ is on where you just remove everything like telescience because too many people were using it to steal the captains locker at round start, when that could've been totally prevented by just making it have really low accuracy on the station until it gets upgraded. That could've been really helpful for saving miners, teleporting people to deep space ruins and done some really interesting things.
>>
>>506035
you have a problem with rans? I think rans is a pretty cool guy, eh kills synid and is not afraid of anything
>>
NEVER 4GET
>>
why is there "sybil" in our server's name
>>
>>506115
we are going to make TG into a stormfront server
>>
>>505851
Genders in basic objects has been a thing forever
>>
>>505192
you could have a github bot to individually go through the backlog of commits between your fork and current TG and make PRs
if you do the git fuckery right then we can decide whenever or not to merge each individual change and still have the ability to resolve merge conflicts once our code diverges from historical TG, at whatever pace we can
it's probably going to be pretty slow, assuming we have only a small amount of DM coders to fix merge conflicts and want to reach community consensus for controversial changes
but yeah we could slowly converge with current TG with pretty much no unwanted changes from them, until we hit a big roadblock in an area like the big atmos changes
if you are interested in hosting such a bot and taking the fork in that direction, I could code the bot and/or work on managing/merging the PRs when I have the time
>>
>>506180
that would be great instead of having to do things manually. i would check if any bots already exist that do that, because im pretty sure i've heard of something like that before. having all PRs from our current version to modern day organised chronologically would immensely help
>>
>>506180
>we can decide whenever or not to merge each individual change
I think you'd have problems with huge system overhauls because then a lot of changes would be around those system overhauls and you'd have to manually convert it over.
>>
I might have one of the hatestation codebases cloned on a harddrive somewhere. It was the one negroid had which had telescience re-added and older wires.
>>
>>506211
I can't find anything that does what I have in mind

a lot of TG downstreams use hippie's mirror bot (https://github.com/HippieStation/PRMirror) but the README says you have to be even with upstream so I'm guessing it doesn't support working on a backlog and also it seems to work per-PR instead of per-commit

as for non-ss13 stuff, I couldn't find anything which processes a backlog instead of waiting for upstream commits and then mirroring them

to clarify, this is what I had in mind:
1. when you first run the bot, it clones tgstation and then inputs all the commits between the start you specified and TG's head into the bot's database while skipping the changelog generation commits
2. it then goes chronologically through the commits in the backlog and makes PRs until some set number of active PRs is reached (so as not to clutter the PR section on the repo, but it could be designed to just do everything in one big batch?)
3. it determines the TG PR which resulted in that commit so it could link it on our repo's PR and copy the changelog section
4. if we're going for a set number of active PRs, we could make sure to pick PRs no related to other active PRs by keeping track of the files they touch
5. each PR made to our repo should have its own branch so we can push merge conflict resolutions to it
6. we can then merge or reject the bot's PRs, and then it would respond to that by modifying its database to reflect that (I'm thinking about maybe having a way to differentiate PRs which were fast-merged because they're bugfixes and such from PRs which were merged after being discussed)
7. we then somehow arrange to have TG's changelog script ran in order to make the in-game changelog accurate to our fork
>>
>>506291
yeah, that's what I was referring to as a big roadblock
map changes are also problematic since they'll probably require manual intervention on every single one once we reject a major redesign, but hopefully SDMM has something to make it easy
>>
>>506295
bro this is way way harder than it seems
>>
Honestly I'm fine with 2019 tgstation even if the UI is shitter and all that.
>>
>>506295
seems complicated, it may be better to simply ask the community what they want, and undo/readd the changes manually based on those changes.

though the main issue here is the bug fix changes and qol will be ignored
>>
new thread
>>506388
>>506388
>>506388

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.