[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

How would “Among Us” work with 14 impostors and one crewmate? Also consider:

If the lone crewmate is killed, all 14 impostors win. How would he blend in and act sus in order to avoid outing himself as the only one doing tasks?

Also, what are some other things that would apply to this sort of reverse mode? Would there be unlimited emergency meetings because there would be no bodies to report? Would there be any ability for the 14 imps to sabotage?
>>
>>448873
The “Kill” button perhaps shouldn’t be able to light up. If the impostor sees a crewmate and the button lights up, he can kill him instantly.

Either that or some kind of friendly fire should be enabled. But this only means that crewmates have to avoid acting on their impulses because reporting the bodies would make them look like the people who should be ejected.
>>
>>448878
Why would an impostor kill another impostor? Though if there were 14 of them, perhaps it would just be so they don’t look sus enough to be the crewmate. How would a crewmate fake a kill?
>>
>>448910
Maybe the impostors would be like sheriffs: they can kill anyone they want, but they only don’t get killed themselves in the process if the person they’re trying to kill is the crewmate.
>>
>>448934
Speaking of which, when will Innersloth release those new roles? And what if the lone crewmate were one of them? Though I doubt there can be 14 impostors and one jester, since it would ruin the point of the game.
>>
>>448971
What about 14 impostors and one sheriff? Or would that just basically be 15 impostors?
>>
>>450197
The crewmate would be too OP in that mode.
>>
>>448873
Fuck off with your youtuber shit. Just go in the vent one by one and kill the guy that can't.
>>
>>450223
Then I guess the “vent in electrical to kill in medbay” strategy would have to work in reverse.
>>
>>450223
And while that is happening, the crewmate would be off doing data download while everyone else is distracted.
>>
>>450223
By that logic, all the crewmates have to do is one common task and that weeds out the impostors. Though tradition typically states that those who fail to do swipe card in The Skeld or keys in Polus are automatically sus, but those two can easily be faked.
>>
>>450223
>Be Green, an impostor.
>You decide that immediately after starting, you would weed out the crewmate among 14 impostors by venting in the cafeteria. The person who didn’t vent would be outed as the crewmate.
>But alas, all 15 players vent, indicating the crewmate has the clean vent task.
Wat do?
>>
>>448971
What about 14 imps and a mayor, spy, or giant?
>>
What the fuck is "Among Us"?
>>
>>448873
>Would there be any ability for the 14 imps to sabotage?
On one hand, they could all sabotage and it would take too long for the one crewmate to do all sabotage-fixing tasks, so this would only work if there were 12 or 13 impostors. On the other hand, they could just do pic related and kick the crewmate out.
>>452361
You know, that sci-fi murder mystery game that all of the famous YouTubers have played at least once?
>>
>>448971
What if one of the 14 imps was a morphing?
>>
>>452662
What purpose would that serve? Having one of them be a vent monster would be fun, but it may be a pretty major deviation from the good, old-fashioned murder mystery genre.
>>
>>448873
The entire game would be solved in a few seconds.
game starts:
1s later, blue kills red
Meeting is called:
>alright don't eject Blue
>Vote Green off
> Purple, kill yellow next turn
Green was ejected...
If you repeat this pattern at every death, killing off people that haven't killed yet you can't lose.
You don't even have to do anything, including moving.
Someone didn't kill the other after 10secs, he's the cuck.
>>
>>453048
>1s later, blue kills red
But would the impostors be able to kill each other? And wouldn’t the kill cooldown prevent this? By this logic, every game of “Among Us” with three impostors or fewer would be over pretty much as soon as they start.
>>
>>450680
Perhaps see who’s standing too close to the tasks?
>>
>>452662
The morphling mod officially came out today. My question is what the real-life application of this would be in a murder mystery-type environment, especially if the change is non-permanent. Though I can guess where they got their inspiration from.
>>
>>448873
it won't work because the imps know who the other imps are. by method of elimination you get the inno, and then it's just a race for their head.
it could work in a game with truly hidden roles, but mongus is not that.
>>
>>454405
How would they know? The implication is that there are no red names.
>>
let's get some game lobbies up and running since the update has released.

When anyone's ready, I'll join Lobby
>>
>>454589
But there are times when players are b& for hacking by pure accident. This only happened to me once, but they say they are working on it and should be out with an update soon. It has not happened to me since, so maybe it was a server-side issue.

And speaking of the new roles, what do you think of the morphling mod? Do you think that it ruins the murder mystery genre or do you think it adds another element of mystery to it? And I get that they were likely inspired by T2, though I struggle somewhat to understand how it would play out in an IRL murder mystery situation.
>>
>>455278
I have mixed feelings on the morphling mod. It makes people question whether they really saw particular people kill people or vent and alludes to how mafiosos occasionally dress up in police uniforms when they do their dirty work. On the other hand, “Clue” doesn’t have this and no whodunnit film I’ve seen has it.

But getting back on the topic, a morphling could possibly change into someone and try to frame him for doing tasks. Though there would need to be a limit as to either how many there could be or how many can be shapeshifted at one time. Otherwise, all 14 impostors could simply shapeshift and leave the crewmate exposed.
>>
>>455432
Why would they do that other than make someone look even more sus than he is? Though shapeshifting could possibly be more evidence of being an impostor, especially if engineers or the clean vent task are in the game.
>>
>>448873
Perhaps the crewmates would be calling the sabotages instead of the impostors and the crewmates would win if they are not fixed. It may make sense given the scenario: perhaps the crewmate is a prisoner on the impostors’ ship and wearing their uniform as a disguise. Maybe the crewmate needs to perform all of the necessary tasks to call for help or sabotage the ship.
>>
>>448873
Basically like TTT where there is one traitor who is the crewmate. Allow friendly fire, imposters do not know who their allies are but there is a penalty for friendly fire and a buildup to attacks.
>>
>>455489
There is already a penalty for non-friendly fire.
>>
>>455489
Except that the crewmate wouldn’t be able to kill anyone other than voting them out.
>>
>>455278
I say that there should be a setting for one impostor to be able to fake visual tasks if engineers can vent and the prospective sheriff can kill impostors on sight.
>>
>>448873
So something like this? https://youtu.be/AO-Gwd2adlM
>>
>>457508
Something like that, but the impostors wouldn’t know who the crewmate is, there’s be no weapons or traps that could be used by either side, and the crewmate probably wouldn’t be able to vent or have multiple lives. Though this is a non-exhaustive list.
>>
>>448910
Whoever they're working for has tasked them with killing the other imposters, unbeknownst to them. No witnesses.
>>
>>457824
I doubt it, though a crime boss mod would be pretty interesting as well. Perhaps it would look something like this. https://youtu.be/blkm3VseCnE
>>
>>457824
But the goal of the impostors would be to all win collectively.
>>
>>457824
>>458101
Perhaps there should be a “kill button press cooldown” or friendly fire in order to eliminate the possibility of using the kill button alone to determine the identity of the crewmate. Plus, almost every video I’ve seen where this concept is implemented has some kind of friendly fire enabled.
>>
>>458102
Then couldn’t impostors go around killing each other and taking various chances? Though it would basically become a giant game of Russian roulette.
>>
>>458151
yeah this idea is fucking retarded. imposters just instantly mass kill and the innocent probably dies
>>
>>458546
But the alternative would be pressing the kill button on random people and eliminating the people whom it doesn’t kill. Perhaps there could be some other kind of penalty for falsely pressing the kill button, such as a very lengthy cooldown or actually killing oneself instead of the supposed crewmate?
>>
>>458552
None of those would change the fact that immediately mass killing would be the best option.
Cooldown? Who cares? The crewmate would've already died in the mass killing.
Killing yourself if you get it wrong? Practically the same effect as killing another imposter.
I can't think of a single penalty that would work that wouldn't allow some jackass or retard to ruin it all for everybody.
>>
>>452361
Amogus
>>
>>458596
But with a cooldown, the crewmate would have had the time to fake not doing card swipe and do some other task instead, with the impostors all having split up. If they all kill themselves instantly, then the crewmate automatically wins.
>>
>>448873
A typical game of “Among Us” has anywhere between one and three impostors, but this mode could possibly have between 12 and 14, with the option being easily changed in the lobby settings. Do you think that a lobby should be able to go from having three impostors to 12 impostors very easily or should a new lobby have to be created for this sort of “reverse mode”? Should people be forced to constantly think about the strategies of both modes or should people pick and choose when they play the normal mode vs. this one?
>>
>>458663
>>458596
But we can apply the Monty Hall problem here. Suppose there were three groups of five and one of them offed itself in pairs, with the remaining impostor being slaughtered by someone from another group. This increases the probability of any one person who is killed being the crewmate from one in 15 to one in 10 and correctly switching one’s choice of which group contains the crewmate from one in three to two in three, assuming the group that all died at once was not chosen. This would mean that if an impostor switched groups to watch, he would increase his probability of getting the crewmate from one in 14 to one in six.

This could mean that friendly fire is essentially useless, since it would be almost as easy to determine who the crewmate is.

But what could be some other ideas for penalties for trying to get the wrong guy? What about a very long “kill button press” cooldown of 40 seconds or more? If one simply stands in one place for too long, the other imps could think he was doing a task and vote him out.
>>
>>458711
Then imps could simply say, “I pressed my kill button on him when I thought he was doing a task and he didn’t die.” But a crewmate could just as easily deceive the impos by doing the same thing.
>>
>>458711
What if friendly fire was allowed, but the cooldown was super-long?
>>
>>460118
Or what if friendly fire was permitted, but the person doing it died as well? That could possibly be a steeper penalty that would discourage random kills.
>>
>>448873
If “Submerged” turned out to be the fifth map they were developing all along, how would this work with oxygen emergencies? After all, even if it is a stack kill, killing the crewmate once would be an instant win for the imps and the crewmate would die without an oxygen mask that everyone else is scrambling to obtain.
>>
>>448873
What if it were like “13 Dead End Drive”, where they had to kill specific people who would then always be on the run?
>>
>>448873
I just won a game as imp with 14 crewmates and one imp, but I was also a morphling. In this new mode, should the morphling be a crew role rather than an impostor role? It would probably have been pretty difficult to pull that off if the morphling mod were disabled.

And how come morphlings use those pods to shapeshift? What is even going on inside of them? Is Mira HQ not in Chicago, but rather on Krypton?
>>
>>462480
The point of the morphling is to pretend to be someone else as a literal impostor. I doubt there would be a morphling option for the crewmates. Though I think the maximum number of morphlings should be limited to only a handful, since all 14 impostors could otherwise morph at the start of the game and see who did not morph.
>>
>7
>>
Interesting. Doesn't work without heavy modification i think.
First, the crewmate has to be able to kill as well.
Also you would need some mechanic to make it actually work wihout just being a random kill everyone until the game is over.
Maybe also some other win condition for the crewmate other than being the last man standing. Also tasks obviously dont work. Except maybe if they absolutely have to do a certain amount of tasks every 2min or something otherwise the ship explodes and the crewmate wins because he died but at least killed off a ship full of impostors.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.