[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 75 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ForHonor_og_meta.jpg (171 KB, 961x540)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Does anyone here play For Honor?
>>
I don't play anymore but I used to be a top 100 player and I'm friends with a former top 10 player, what up?
>>
Fantastic game, had to quit tho because it made me too angry
>>
used to play a lot, tried out it today
its really fast now and I got overwhelmed
>>
>>437345
>top 10
You mean ranked?
It's nowhere near the top of the game's skill level for 1v1, let alone the fact 1v1 is a bad gamemode for competitive
>>
I remember this one guy who made like hour long guide videos
That shit made me actually win fights when i first started
>>
>>437270
it's an amazing game, but I don't have friends to play it
>>
>>438225
That's understandable, and depending on when you last stopped playing it could be a huge difference. There was a combat overhaul last year with the goal of ending the turtle-then-punish meta that had been with the game since launch. The overhaul did a lot (everyone's opener lights are the same speed now, for instance, so some characters aren't left with worthlessly slow light attacks), and character reworks have been rolling out much faster than they used to. There's a couple stragglers, but a significant portion of the cast now has the ability to get into their chains without being parry-bait. If you remember playing consisting of "wait until the other guy attacks you, then parry him for a free GB", then yeah, the game's basically on crack now compared to that. People are far more aggressive now than they used to be, because they're actually allowed to be.

They've been good changes, though. If you like it, stick with it. It's a far better game now than it's been in the past.
>>
My friend bought this for me to play with him. Why does everyone play Japanese units? They are easily the least cool.
>>
File: nobu.jpg (667 KB, 1440x1440)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
>>443211
Two of them (Shugoki and Orochi) happen to have received recent buffs and are very good right now. Big-picture, which faction a hero belongs to doesn't matter at all other than that some of the dailies require that you play heroes of certain factions for a few games if you want the bonus XP/currency. Other than that, the only thing a hero's faction determines is where they show up on the menu screen.

And ALSO fuck you weeaboo heroes are sick. Least cool award goes to Vikings.
>>
>>437270
no because it's complete horse shit
>>
Haven't played since release, how they been treating the Raider?
>>
>>445024
Arguably the strongest character in the game right now, there's one on every comp team.
>>
>>445031
>Reinstalling to play my main would make me a meta fag
Awh shit
>>
File: 1552279354843.jpg (265 KB, 646x646)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>445032
More for me.
>>
File: Conqueror1.png (747 KB, 618x1080)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
Lets post some armor sets. Trying to come up with a good looking warden since I finished this guy.
>>
File: warden.jpg (1.01 MB, 1370x1370)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>445088
Here's mine. I can't stand all the gold trim they've got on all the higher-tier armors so my heroes perpetually look rep 0.
>>
>>437270
I have over 1000 hours i hate it
>>
File: Centurion3.png (747 KB, 576x1080)
747 KB
747 KB PNG
>>445106
I'm guilty of a gold trim on basically all heroes that high up. Your warden looks pretty great even with iron armor.
>>
File: 20211104053059_1.jpg (544 KB, 1920x1200)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
Yes though not nearly as much as I used to
>>
>>445172
I think Cent can get away with gold trim pretty well. It's unavoidable on most of the Wulin heroes, too.
>>
>>437270
Somehow still here
>>
File: for engine.png (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
New For Honor event leaked
>>
File: for engine 2.png (2.9 MB, 1920x1080)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>>450014
New capture points
>>
File: for engine3.png (1.87 MB, 1920x1080)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>450021
Next halloween guys
>>
File: Pure High Octane Autism.jpg (367 KB, 1810x1018)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>437270
>Does anyone here play For Honor?
you tell me.
>>
>>445172
Your cent looks fucking garbage Jesus christ
>>
>>438815
When did this opinion form? Last time I played the game dominion was considered a meme mode and 1v1/2v2 were "competitive"
>>
>>452427
That Anon is being needlessly dismissive but Duel fell out of favor as the premier competitive mode around the time of Alernakin's tournament win, in which everyone competing was abusing unlock tech and he basically won because he abused it the best. The matches were boring and his post-game interview was just him commenting on how easy it was. I don't think Ubi's officially ran a Duel tourney after that.

Since then, Ubi's focused on the team modes, both for hero balance and for official tournaments. They briefly tried to make Breach the tournament mode, but it quickly became apparent that Breach is fucking garbage, so Dominion's still king.
>>
>>452446
I actually remember that, weren't they playing Shugoki? I think at that point when everyone started using unlock tech and zone attacks, I saw the meta turning for the worst and checked out if everyone was going to be faggots. Sounds like the game is doing a lot better than I thought all these years if Dominion is the main mode, I always thought it was way more fun than duels and 2v2.
>>
>>437270
How's the PS4 population? Is there crossplay/progression? It looks cool but it has a lot of DLC.
>>
>>437270
I played a bit and then kind of lost interest around when the chinese classes came out
>>
>>453105
PS4 is, I believe, the most active community. I know PC (which I play on) is the least active, although I don't know if anyone has actual numbers considering that the game is split between UbiConnect/Steam launchers on PC. There's no crossplay, although the game's active on all platforms. There is cross progression, but only when going to a newer-gen version of a console (so if you played a shitload on PS4 and wanted to play on PS5, that's fine, but if you want to move to Xbox or PC you're starting over).

The DLC is almost entirely cosmetic. The biggest difference is, depending on which "Edition" of the game you buy, you'll have access to more or less heroes at the start, and heroes are generally the most expensive thing to purchase (they range anywhere from 500 currency to 20,000, and you'll get around ~1,500 per day if you do your dailies, so do the math). Also, when a new hero is released, you can usually pay to unlock the hero and get a couple weeks early access to it. Other than that, DLC is just battlepass stuff, with all the fancy particle effects and victory poses and weapon skins and other stuff you see in every other game's battlepass. I haven't bought a single one. As far as the cash shop goes, For Honor is actually really tame.
>>
>>453114
Oh and the "Marching Fire" expansion includes access to "Arcade," a single-player mode that absolutely nobody cares about. Do not consider it a selling point.
>>
>>437270
This is statically the game that died the quickest out of any videogame. It must really be unbalanced. Wasnt it like 4 months and they lost hundreds of thousands? Lmao
>>
>>437345
>Being proud of being <100/120 total players playing it
>Being proud of being top 10 when 120 players play it
>>
>>453123
I think a lot of that also had to do with the peer to peer server stuff that made matches insanely unreliable. Note I did say “also”.

>>450021
I kind of wonder what the hell for honor characters must have thought staring at a modern generator engine when outside the canonically questionable Avant Garde shit, they’re pretty medieval overall. Well, aside from the Forge Map which uses near industrial revolution scale tech.
>>
Picked it up for the first time in forever with some friends, I'm pleasantly surprised with how the game now plays.
Now if only nu-uplay could actually function
>>
Fucking LawBringer still needs an actual good rework. Other than play it whenever I wish to have the Swastika Flag flying on my character with the emblem decal
>>
sadly, yes
>>451152
aye i remember you from the /fhg/ threads
>>
>>437270
just uninstalled today after playing for 700 hours or so, not worth it in its current state
>>
Honestly I can’t get back into this game after the core combat update where they made lights faster. It just makes me feel genetically inferior because I don’t have enough reaction time to block or parry them. If someone could let me know if it’s worth practicing to be able to block lights or if they made them slower that would be nice.
>>
>>458230
Opener lights have all been normalized to 500ms. This is slower for some characters (notably Lawbringer and Shaolin had 400ms opener lights prior to the CCU), but faster for most characters. This hasn't changed since the CCU.

What HAS changed is that, due to some new hero drops and a bunch of reworks, randomly lighting into the opponent isn't everybody's go-to opener any more. Many more characters have bashes or soft-feints that allow them to get into their chains in ways other than just feinting a million times then throwing a light. You're going to see "light spam" much less now than you did in previous years. They even removed Orochi's 3-light chain, and he was the poster boy for light spam.

As far as advice goes, this is going to sound crass, but blocking lights is not that hard. There's a chance that you really are just a super slow dude, but 500ms isn't that fast and I'm guessing that's not the problem. My bet is that you get flustered. Some guy is hitting you and you freeze for a second. It happens to everybody. I can block light chains against bots no problem, but in a real match if he's been bashing me and switches it up to lights and I'm not thinking about it, yeah, he'll tag me with them. The general-purpose advice here is: if somebody is spamming lights at you, just focus on blocking them. Don't worry about anything else. Chances are you're going to be able to do it.

My rule of thumb is that if the guy's just throwing light chains at me I'll turn off all my other brain processes except "parry on red." I don't worry about dodging bashes, or parrying heavies, or anything else, I literally just focus on parrying the red indicator, and I can reliably do it. If I don't take a second to put myself in that mindset then I can never do it. Obviously you can't be in that mode all the time (if they notice they'll just throw a heavy and you'll eat it because you parried on light timing), but it's an important thing to be able to do. Give it a shot.
>>
>>437270
Yes, but only because of my steel addition. I want to dress up my fucking knights. Still can't settle on a main despite playing since beta.
>>
File: Futue.png (2.61 MB, 1469x899)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>437270
apparently my warden enjoys whoring herself out to her teammates after a victorious battle.
>>
>>458283
>parrying lights
God I wish I could, at this point I seem to only be able to parry them on a read.
>>
>>459493
if you're playing on oldgen console, that is basically your only option. unless of course you're actually king misty with a reaction time of 20ms but i don't think that's too likely.
>>
>>437270
I do anon
>>
This game makes me mad as fuck. A fighting game where every character only has 1 mix-up, 33/33/33. If they combined 3 characters gimmicks and unique things into a single hero, it still wouldn’t be worthy of the “Hard” difficulty tag.
>>
>>463372
Top left right isn't the mix-up, you can deal with it on reaction. Hell, a well timed dodge will work regardless if attack direction against many characters, such as conquerer
>>
>>463381
Who tf said top/left/right? It's unblockable/guard break/dodge attack.
>>
>>463381
Will I: let the ub fly, cancel into gb, or cancel and light/dodge attack. That's it.
>>
>Play 2 (two) matches of Breach
Fuck no
>>
I'VE PLAYED THIS GAME FOR 1500 HOURS AND I SUCK SHIT AT IT AND HAVE MADE 0 FRIENDS IN IT WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING
>>
>>463855
Honestly, I think Breach should have been a PvAI mode only. Bit bigger maps, a few unique objectives per-map and basically make it like a coop mini-storymode map.

>>464077
I have a whole bunch of friends on my list but none of us play at the same time.

>>455947
Well, good to see I'm recognized.

>>437270
I'm thinking about dropping money to buy steel so I can get more of the executions and shit on sale. Maybe even get arcade mode. Anyone here wanna talk me out of it?
>>
>>464092
>I'm thinking about dropping money to buy steel so I can get more of the executions and shit on sale. Maybe even get arcade mode. Anyone here wanna talk me out of it?

I mean it seems you're already aware that all of that stuff is cosmetic. Technically you do want to buy one or two executes per character if you want to have the 'meta' ones but executes are cheap enough that I've never even had to think about spending real money to afford them, so I assume you're just buying ones you like. If that's worth real money to you then whatever.

I will say that arcade is an absolute trash waste of time though. The weekly quests are boring and the random quests are just really dumb. The "story" baked into each weekly is obviously written up by some intern in 20 minutes the night before, and bots in general just aren't ever fun to fight against. The only saving grace of arcade is that each round in a quest counts as its own, full match for the purposes of orders, so if you have like a "play 12 games as a vanguard" order and don't feel like playing one, you can just do three of the easiest-tier arcade runs (4 matches per run) in like 5 minutes and knock that order out instead of spending half an hour doing it in duels.
>>
File: 1637761189785[1].jpg (279 KB, 714x1000)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Beach is my favorite mode, but due to the drop in time limit there are times where you end up in a 2v2 PVP with bots filling out the rest and nobody being able to join which sucks. Or worse, you end up in a 2v2 or something. Some changes I would implement:
>ability to join late
>the ability to forfeit the match when at least 2 players in your team have been replaced by AI
>replace the healing zone with a heal pick up, place a second heal pick up on the opposite side of the map
>ramparts are faster to capture but can be recaptured by the defenders
>replace guardian buffs with him showing up to help the side that defeated him for the final phase, obviously he doesn't respawn
>further incase ram's speed but lower it's health
Run that through testing ground and let's see some results.
>>
not playing anymore but I used to make guides for it
>>
File: Takezo001.png (1.02 MB, 1062x916)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>464178
noted.

>>451152
Linking my post here, but I'd like some input: about all my heroes are supposed to have some kind of underlying supernatural theme to them.
>Highlander has fey ancestry
>Kensei, Orochi, and Kyoshin are all tied to the storm
>Zhanhu is phoenix
>Shaolin is some vague quasi-deity (uses the visions of kyoshin event effect and ghost hands punches, I guess a sort of Asura?)
>Gladiator is merfolk/deep one
>My PK is a monster hunter/weapons collector.

What other supernatural themes could I go with for some of the others? I was thinking maybe one of the knights could have angelic heritage with the messenger wings, would werewolf be too obvious with the berserker?
>>
kinda new to this game, only 94 hours

how come blocking attacks works maybe 50% of the time
>>
>>437270
one of the most rage inducing games I ever played
will not touch it again or I'll put a hole in my wall
>>
>>465469
If you're on an old-gen console, blocking lights is just legit hard. Otherwise either it's lag or you're just messing up. Worth noting that unblockables are a thing, but I assume you already know that.

Also, there's a 100ms guard switch delay, which means it takes your character about a tenth of a second to switch from one guard to another. So if you find yourself thinking "what! I just changed my guard!" then maybe that's it.
>>
>>437270
haven't played in years but i'm still top 10 for some things on fhtracker and i'm still one of the highest rated warlords for a couple stats kek
does nobody play warlord anymore? when i quit playing for honor he was quite unbalanced
>>
>>465486
it appears that sometimes i have my guard pointing at the location that my HUD tells me, but it just doesn't block. idk if it's because i'm secretly hitstunned by something and the game doesn't tell me. the game is very unclear on when i'm actually able to do things and when i'm not. happens especially lot when fighting in groups, like i legit get stunlocked from 100% to 0% and even after 100 hours i have no idea if i had any chance to get out of it. seems kinda weird to have such fucking terrible 1v2 or 1v3 fighting in a game where that happens constantly. like it legit is so bad that they had to come up with like 30 mechanics to try to discourage it, and it's still awful fighting groups of players. games like mordhau, chivalry got it down much better, because for one, they remove all stun/recovery after you get hit, so you can avoid being stunlocked.

if there was ever a book on how to make a fighting/slasher style game, it would seem like ubisoft read it and did the exact opposite

other games
>moves are all either unreactable or easily reacted to, so that reaction time isn't as much of a factor as game sense, spacing, decision making and mindgames
for honor
>every light attack in the game forces you to stay on lizard brain level so that you can react to them, reducing the core combat to a prettied up a game of simon

other games
>movement, attacks and hitstun are quick, clear and crisp, letting the player feel in control, players have detailed grasp over their spacing
for honor
>doing anything in the game feels like you're covered in molasses, it's never clear whether the input you're making is registering or not, your character glides across the battlefield in random amounts and spacing is all fucked
>>
>>465486
>>465520
to ubisoft's credit, the game isn't embarrassingly badly designed like it was when it came out with the turtle meta shit, but it is still a game with baffling design decisions made early that were never reverted. i'm gonna be honest: i don't think the directional block mechanic adds anything meaningful to the gameplay, because the only shit that gets through block is unblockable-mix-up-feint bullshit anyway

it's sad because i really like the game aesthetically and i think it may have been an insanely good game if it played anything closer to like anarchy reigns or something
>>
>>437270
It was good at the start and for the first year while everyone was garbage, but as soon as everyone knew everything and meta slave scumbagged a win it became boring trash, but I could say that about almost any game
>>
File: reaction speed.png (16 KB, 540x304)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>can't block centurium lights on reaction, even in 1v1 training
is this intended? or is it because i'm using a mouse to block?
>>
>>465612
bro people discovered the turtle meta during the 7 day open beta
>>
>>465621
I played the open beta, that's when I started, people said the original orochi storm rush was overpowered and uncounterable so
>>
>>465615
Dunno but if it helps all opener lights and basically all combo lights are the same speed, so it's nothing special about Centurion. If you're on an old gen console playing on a regular TV the bad FPS + input delay can make it tough.
>>
>>465686
well idk i can parry some characters' lights on reaction but others are near impossible to even block for me, namely nobushi and centurion
>>
Guardbreak needs to be waaaaay better. There should be no way that you see your GB bounce off someone dodge attacking. The window to gb heavies and dodges is way too small.
Every character has a dodge attack now … except the ones that don’t and they feel fucking awful to play.
>>
I played it for quite a bit but I can't for the life of me get a good hold of blocking/parrying the correct direction via mouse. It was frustrating as fuck and I've been trying to adjust my mouse settings to no avail. I was even more shat on because of all the changes they did with faster light attacks. I'm flicking correctly but the mouse input is just not doing what I want to do.
>>
>>466026
yeah i'm suffering from the same issue. i thought i was just bad or lagging at first, but i looked at what my guard is doing while in training, and it turns out the mouse control is so sensitive that it constantly puts the guard on that 100ms cooldown because it flips between guard modes accidentally. that's why i have an easier time parrying than blocking, because parrying works regardless of blocking cooldown.

god, why is it all so fucking terrible? why is there a guard cooldown in the first place? why are light attacks exactly 500ms instead of 250ms where they aren't reactable to anyone so you have to actually predict against them? if they want light attacks to be reactable, then they should be like 700-900ms, and that parrying one only gives you frame advantage (your opponent is forced to block/parry). parrying a heavy could instead put you in neutral. i feel like it'd be so easy to make the game flow/feel better with a few timing/mechanic changes but they just don't know how to do them
>>
how do you get good at highlander?
>>
>>467009
not in the current state of undogeables he's any good.

but to make him viable you can practice landing lights and raw heavy chains and then going into offensive pressure.
he can absolutely wall some characters and get curb-stomped by others. example being hes a great warden,raider and kensei counter but cant do anything against a tiandi, orochi and Zhanhu.

if faced with any of his counters use his celtic curse to attempt to apply pressure
>. played him since launch. rep 20
>>
feels like the meta is
>light attack pokes to shut down 60% of options
>dodge attacks to shut down another 30%
>gank the fuck out of people with unblockables and feints
>>
>>467024
I am very new (haven't touched it since launch) and I was fighting the dual katana rice farmer dude earlier
I was "blocking" correctly but it's like all his attacks just went straight through my blocks
Is this something to do with highlander or is that particular weeb just allowed to ignore blocks?
>>
>>467032
NTAYRT but FYI, while in offensive form, Highlander literally cannot block, so that might've been what was going on.
>>
>>467033
nah I know that
I was turtling super hard and was just focused on blocking in defensive form
>>
>>467034
i recommend learning how to do Crushing Counters anon, they are like parries but more awesome and apply more pressure

step 1. go into training grounds
step 2 choose conqueror
step 3. choose heavy attacks only
step 4 . as soon as the impact of the attack connects with you perform a light attack.

you now have a means of getting right into the offense on less experienced players and can do alot of damage from your defensive position.

but to help you with defense i will remind you Highlander has raider style hyper armor and its best to simply perform a celtic curse and land a few heavies or feint into parrys
>>
>>467038
is performing the light attack supposed to remove damage taken?
>>
>>467075
Better, you perform an unblock-able counter attack that cannot be parried.

Guaranteed 20 damage and potential for follow ups
>>
>block piercing bleed damage on light attacks
cool mechanics
>>
>>467110
I'm not really sure what you're trying to communicate here. Are you upset that you can block attacks that apply bleed?
>>
>>467103
ooooh this is fun
>>
wait does warden have a 2 move combo that ends in an unblockable?
>>
>>467126
All of his heavy attacks now end in a unblock able,
>>
ooooooooooooh I suffered like 5 losses in a row to a lawbreaker, but I slowly learned to crushing counter as highlander
still getting wrecked, but I feel way safer now that I can just parry
I think there is a world of difference between parrying with a button and parrying with an analog trigger
fun stuff
>>
>>467146
Cheers
>>
>>464614
>Beach is my favorite mode
I love the beach too anon.
>>
holy shit how do I deel with warden's spamming never ending 2 move unblockable combos
>block a hit
>immediately eat the fast unblockable
>repeat
so I start trying to dodge but then it's like theyre lunging forward during the unblockable heavy and catching me out of my backstep
>>
>>467407
the same way you deal with all the unblockable mixup bullshit in this game, you spam light attacks, and if they start light attacking you back, you start dodge attacking instead
>>
>>467407
Have you considered parrying the unblockable heavy???
Or at least feinting it so you can parry their parry attempt???

You need to force your opponent to stop mindlessly throwing unblockable attacks by parrying them.
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 800x1024)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>467428
>you can parry unblockables
oh
wait can you crushing counter unblockable as highlander
>>
>>437270
It's fantastic, but it sucks.
>>
>>467429
No. Play the tutorial dingus.
>>
>>445088
here's my Warden, pretending to be a Warcraft character.
>>
File: file.png (1.07 MB, 1212x1015)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>467449
...I fucked up the picture twice
>>
>>445106
based
>>
For non keyboard people what controller do you use? I like my xbox series x controller for the most part, but I have zero use for analog input on R2 and L2
>>
>>467465
I also use a Series X. Left paddle is X (for GBs), right paddle is light attack (it's just more comfortable to rest my fingers on paddle + trigger rather than trigger + bumper). Everything else is default.
>>
File: Gaius002.png (852 KB, 765x1017)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>445088
My lawbringer, I know it's kind of weird but I like the Falstaff helm, it looks 'technologically advanced' compared to the others while also being weird, which works for how the armor tech for LBs is supposed to be secretive.
>>
>turn on for honor, ps4
>will mash through ranked duels for ornaments for characters I don't usually play
>a lot of rep 1s and 2s, but most of them are playing like rep 10s
Smurf day?
>>
why cant I get rid of this yellow "new item/thing" notification
I've narrowed it down to the "feats" tab but I have everything unlocked
what is it trying to show me
or is it just bugged
>>
>>467523
It bugs out pretty regularly. There's an option in the settings somewhere (I think it's under the user interface section) to clear all "New!" tags.
>>
>>467523
it's an error that happens sometimes. Though if you just unlocked a feat it might not go away until you play a match with those feats equipped, though it can just be a vs. AI duel or something.
>>
>>467471
ultra brainlet here

paddles?
for honor is my only gamepad game
>>
File: 51Fh1k+NpoL._SL1000_.jpg (61 KB, 1000x1000)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>467588
Oh wait my bad dude I meant Xbox Elite, those are the ones with the paddles on back.
>>
File: nuxia.jpg (1008 KB, 1337x1337)
1008 KB
1008 KB JPG
>Enemies can interrupt traps
>Allies can interrupt traps
>Zero hyper armor/bashes/unblockables/undodgeables, traps are literally her only gimmick

Nuxia is pain to play. At least she has caltrops.
>>
>>467591
fug are they like buttons or triggers? I would fuckin love to rebind some stuff so I never have to touch my right trigger
parrying in dark souls 3 is such a pain in the ass because of the weird input delay of physically pressing the trigger all the way down
>>
File: 3599848-img_0217.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>467608
They feel like buttons, you sort of click them down with your finger. Also worth noting, both the Elite and the Elite Series 2 have variable trigger depth, which might solve your trigger problem anyway. Those are the little green switches you see in my last post, and in pic related you can see the S2 has three settings instead of two like the S1 has.

Heads up: these controllers are almost three times as much as a regular Xbox controller. They're the best I've ever used but even so the price is pretty ludicrous.
>>
>>467623
my xbox series x which I got back in February is a big fuckin turd in terms of quality
the thing will just randomly lose connection if I try to use it with bluetooth and even when Im using it wired it'll sometime just stop sending input for seconds at a time
so I've been looking at replacing it anyway, but I'm way to used to the xbox pattern and basically everything else with the xbox pattern is bottom bin trash chinese garbage

I have no point
thanks for reading my blog
>>
I have no encountered the same Tiandi player twice across different days
he ONLY spams overhead light attacks forever even while hes exhausted
he never lets his stamina recover
are there for honor bots?
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 322x82)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>467703
*now
>>
File: file.png (825 KB, 894x1056)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
I see that there are season numbers next to these
does that mean all this stuff isn't available anymore?
>>
>>467778
Nope, they're still available, those were just the seasons they were released. The little wing icon to the right of some of the names is what means it's an event skin, and those aren't available any more (although occasionally they re-run the event and the items become available again, like they did with the Halloween event this year).
>>
>>467778
Season is when it came out.
If It does not have a diamond or a wreath symbol next to it your golden
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 606x700)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>467824
>>467784
sick
antler ornament on classic helm is mine
>>
>bro what if you couldn't block after getting hit with a heavy attack?? like if 2 people hit you with heavy attacks then you wont be able to play the game!!!

i wanna strangle whoever thought this was a good idea
>>
>accidently pick warden for a duel, warden is just basic level 2
>opponent is renown 7
>just spam light attack and heavy
>win instantly
what a cool character
this is the most braindead shit ever
>>
File: Highlander Perks.png (191 KB, 1159x1204)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
what perk combos would you reccomend for highlander?
or is it basically down to preference
>>
>>468250
Vengeful Barrier/Bastion/Bulk Up is by far the best perk combo in the game for any hero that has access to it. Vengeful Barrier alone is the best perk bar none.
>>
>>468250
>>468258
Also: it's worth noting that perks in general are pretty minor, so if you were to completely disregard that advice it wouldn't make a huge difference. Still, those are your best picks.
>>
File: file.png (385 KB, 1075x1413)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>468260
>>468258
appreciate it
and building off that
are there any feats that I might be underappreciating?

second wind has saved my bacon a fair bit so far
>>
>>468261
If you want to be an absolute meta shithead (which I recommend), take Fury as your T3 and Fire Flask as your T4. They stack and will basically one-shot anybody caught in the center. It's essentially one free team fight win at the end of the game, which can single-handedly win you a match. It's absolutely busted and Fire Flask alone is the reason why Ubi doesn't allow you to take multiples of the same T4 feat in tournaments. The way it works is:

>Toss your fire flask (manually aim it, the auto-targetting is ass)
>Immediately activate Fury, as soon as you can, while the Fire Flask is flying towards the fight.
>Your Fury buff will apply to the Fire Flask as it explodes, and it will nuke everyone.

Stupidly powerful, it's a feat combo taken on every tournament team and it's used in combination like this basically 100% of the time (so much so that it's commonly just referred to as 'Fury Flask'). Also, if you're looking for more general breakdowns of this stuff and aren't allergic to reddit, there's a big spreadsheet with a bunch of info on it that's worth clicking around, here:

>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GrDRm_2w-2bjt9vw0Jowd2xNzOJDDBH_MAXWbStzA_w/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>468261
>>468266
Oh you know what I totally forgot we're talking about Highlander here. Spear Storm is actually super busted too, so Second Wind + Spear Storm is a solid pick. Also damn I need to stop double posting.
>>
>>468258
Remove bulk up and go Ageis to Buff Vengeful barrier.
That and it’s useful with a Black prior or any character with phalanx,protected revive and shield buff
>>
>>468261
Rush is pretty damm useful for rebounding onto other points and getting back into fights when downed.
Inspire Is a amazing good second tier fear for team fighting and is still a dicks feat in breach because it buffs commanders and pikeman
You cannot go wrong with any of his 3rd and 4th teirs go nuts.

The only okay feat he has is body count because it was crippled to the point where it is only allows you to not loose health when going into mid
>>
How do you respond to characters like the Chinese dude with the bo staff who just spam super fast light attacks forever as Highlander?
I can't seem to get it let alone a guard break
I try to go for crushing counters but I can't even get to the counter frames of my own light attack before their light attack has already hit

I can roll away but at that point my only options seems to be to charge up a heavy in offensive stance and then hope that I can land in a hit before they start up their light spam again
>>
>>468609
Use the power of Ubi balancing a fighting game. Highlander has frame advantage when his lights are blocked or hit. Just light-light forever and finish with a heavy for the hyperarmor.
>>
File: 1637950508370.png (248 KB, 704x528)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>468734
God I fucking hate HL and his light bullshit. At least they're not enhanced.
>>
>>468734
i wonder if i'm missing something or has 70% of characters' movesets been made obsolete by the CCU thing? why would i want to use any fancy shit like feints or unblockable, slow openers if throwing out light attacks gives me a 66% chance to do damage that is also safe on block? the only thing that counters it consistently is fast dodge attacks and all guard, so if your character has neither you're just gonna get fucked by light attacks. the only thing that seems to put some variation in the mix is group fights, that are also just a different form of cancer because everyone has 30 feintable unblockables, some of which can't even be parried (gladiator's toe stabbing move) so you just get fucked if you are against 2 remotely competent players
>>
>>468250
Vengeful barrier, bulk up and bastion in your first slot, vengeful barrier, aegis and bulk up in second slot, bulk up and fresh focus in thirdslot. First slot is for everyday use in dominion and breach, second slot is for pushing the ram and attacking the commander in breach, third slot is for rematching cents and jorms in dominion.
>>
Looks like piratefags are finally getting their due with the new chinaman. Still waiting for the banner bearer.
>>
Belligerent Alpha... pet dog... do want...
>>
Conq looks like he’s post launch centurion broken
>>
>>468743
Block the lights Anon. Shaolin's lights aren't faster than anyone else's, they have a half a second long animation.
>>
>>468956
i'm not that anon, it's just an observation i've made that blocking lights on reaction is very difficult now, and just throwing out poking lights shuts down almost all other offensive options (that typically lead to huge damage if left unchecked) that it's just best to just keep doing that. even if your opponent is blocking them, staggering those lights is enough to catch people trying to feint or shoulder check and so on
>>
>>468848
How much you wanna bet the Wu Lin faction gun execution ends up being an exclusive for him? That said, I am somewhat amused about this turnout, I’ve long dismissed the idea of a pirate hero since, well, Vikings are pirates. But I had forgotten China had a hell of a history with pirates too, also, five bucks says the “canon female name” is Cheong Sei (a real world Chinese pirate queen).

You know, on the flip side; while I could see them being mainly Wu Lin (especially by default), I could see them doing what they did with Griffon and give them armors from other factions to represent pirates of other cultures too, possibly give them English only voice lines as well to keep their origin ambiguous.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
CHINK AXE LADY IM SORRY ILL NEVER STEAL YOUR GUTTER OIL AGAIN JUST DONT LIGHT SPAM ME EVER AGAIN PLEASE
>>
>>468961
>blocking lights on reaction is very difficult now

I understand this. If you're on an old-gen console especially, it's tough to punish random lights, just because your frames are shit and your TV probably has a garbage refresh rate. On PC though, if you've got a general handle of the game, random lights aren't much of an offense. Shaolin is not a very strong character for this reason (his only real openers are lights). Throwing out lights as your opener is just asking to get parried and eat heavies in return. You will eat loads of damage if you try that, even in middling MMR.

Doing it occasionally? Sure, it can catch the guy off guard. Feinting into same-side light? Sure, that catches parry attempts and dodge attacks. Just trying to throw them out there as a form of pressure? You're going to get your shit rocked anywhere outside of I'm-just-learning-the-game MMR.
>>
>>468968
i'm on pc with 100-120 fps and 1% percentile reaction time irl and light poking is the dominating strat. maybe you need to play a few more games to reach my rank though
>>
>>468984
I honestly am not sure if you're the Anon I was replying to or someone making fun of him.
>>
>>442006
You made me reinstall the bloody game, you asshat.
>>
File: my wife.jpg (265 KB, 1104x1075)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
if you play warden, warmonger, or centurion you are pretending to actually play the game
>>
>actually starting to get good at highlander a little bit
I have not yet actually mastered feinting my offensive moves nor feinting the celtic curse
gettin better at crushing counters though
I will crush my enemies eventually and it will be because I am good and not because I have chosen a meta character
>>
File: y14w2zcgntw11.jpg (172 KB, 1200x1300)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>remove all damage from bashes and rework all feats that add damage to bashes to do something else
>rework all active healing feats to do something else, like remove debuffs and corruption, restoring stamina, etc
>make feat damage fixed, meaning they always deal the same damage regardless of buffs or debuffs
Good changes or bad changes?
>>
black prior sounds like a rapper name
>>
what is the point of trying to get good at anything but cycling light spam
>>
>>469467
So that you can kill light-mashers.
>>
>>469365
Cent damage is pretty trash without his bash feat. Glad might still be okay. Also, "Second Wind" already removes bleeding and fire. For the third point, yeah I agree, then you avoid "Fury Flask" (Fury + Fire Flask instant kills), but you'll still get one-shot by Spear Storm and shit.
>>
>>469260
>This faggot's cuirass doesn't even have abs on it.
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>469544
>haha I have abs on my armor haha loooool
>haha this makes it ok for me to just spam unblockable stun and lights that combo into the stun forever haha LOOOOOOL no abs looool
to live shamefully indeed
>>
>>469543
Rework cent damage when you rework the feat, I know second wind does that, yes fury flask is the main reason I proposed that.
>>
I really love getting revenge on highlander and being able to just wail on people in offensive form
>>
File: file.png (19 KB, 376x188)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
ad mortem eenumegus
ad mortim inu migus
at more them indu beegoose
fat florfem deenu sneegoose
*bell sound*
>n0vax
>>
>>469608
Cent doesn’t even have a stun, shitter. He doesn’t even have the best bash… not even in his faction. Cmon man
>>
File: block.webm (2.87 MB, 1400x788)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
thats dumb
>>
>>437270
used to love it, there was just something so supremely comfy about doing solo Dominion against bots. the predictability of the lvl 1 bots (i would even learn to recognize them) just made it perfect for my autistic ass and the breach mode was even better. sadly at some point Ubisoft ruined the balance of PvAI matchmaking forcing you to play against higher level bots all the time which sucks ass. all they do is just read your inputs so i had to go to proper multiplayer to play the game properly. it just wasn't fun anymore and i was purely playing for fashion. also just looked up the for fashion site and the new items fucking suck, sad that Ubisoft took the generic MMO art style route with player customization.
>>
>>470415
okay i take some of that back, S17 armors look kinda nice actually. this game has been long overdue for some clean armor. almost makes me want to reinstall it, almost.
>>
File: winter cent.png (897 KB, 743x930)
897 KB
897 KB PNG
Preparing for the winter event.
>>
File: file.png (798 KB, 1920x1080)
798 KB
798 KB PNG
>>437270
I Haven't seriously played this game since just after the Chinese characters were added, dropped in for a week or so every now and then (new characters and shit) but just played other games more.
I've given up on League of Legends and need a new time sink game.
Any big additions I should be aware of I see people mentioning a combat rework or something.

Pic is my Warden.
>>
>>470508
I can put up with the edge bu the cross on the face is just stupid, particularly because you already have it in other places.
>>
File: file.png (12 KB, 844x351)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>470434
absolutely beautiful
>>
mizeru
mizeru
mizeru
mizeru
mizeru
>>
File: Simon_Electronic_Game.jpg (653 KB, 1500x1297)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
>"bro players are complaining that light chain starters are not worth using because you can react to them easily"
>"hm, let's make them just faster, but not so fast that you can't react to them, just faster so that you have to glue your fucking eyes to the screen and never blink if you want to remain even remotely competitive"

how is it possible that they keep fucking this up in the same way and making it EVEN WORSE even after years of release. why the fuck does the game still feel like a very high graphic version of pic related. it's like a game made by aliens
>>
>>470690
I'm glad I don't work at ubi because I have no idea what would be better than that, and I've been getting owned by the faster lights, opened the game up today after like 3 years of not playing.
>>
>>470706
the thing with lights is that they are generally unreactable in gameplay, but some people can do it by memorizing the visual cues for each character and staring at enemy characters to look for them, which is tedious, uninteresting and feels horrible to do as the main thing in gameplay. but some people can do it, which makes it next to impossible to even dent them if they can do it

the problem is that ubisoft fundamentally doesn't know what lights should actually do. every other melee-combat styled game makes a clear distinction between moves that are meant to be reacted to and moves that aren't, with the latter mostly being used as part of mixups, feints or punishes. are the lights in for honor supposed to be unreactable pressure? then make them truly unreactable??? are they supposed to be reactable attacks you use as punishes? then do that instead??? or just make them less catastrophic when parried so that you can more comfortable throw them out like in chivalry. why the FUCK would you make them just SORT OF reactable so that the game is an unbearable mess to play because you have to devote all your brain power to reacting to the dumb red triangle on your screen? it's like if you made players hold their breath to steady their aim every time they wanted to hold a corner in CS:GO.

i can play twitch shooters, fighting games etc. at very high skill even when i'm sleep deprived, drunk or otherwise debilitated because those games fundamentally rely more on muscle memory, intuition, spacing, mindgames and game knowledge. but i can't play for honor when i'm the slightest bit tired because i'm suddenly getting filtered by my inability to react to light attacks
>>
at what renown should I scavenge gear?
>>
>>470783
8 is the generally accepted one. You start getting max rarity gear at 7 but you start exclusively getting it at 8.
>>
File: angry little witch.jpg (44 KB, 480x454)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>it's another team of warmongers and jiang jun
>again
>>
>>437270
playing this game since beta and the first year of its release. when the game officially came out i played around and i like shugoki the most. i spent most of my time into shugo, and i was really good with shugo and for honor in general. one weakness i had was since i only played on hero who was different in aspects of for honor, so ofc i kinda sucked with them, so if i was going to play someone else then shugo it would be another heavy class.

played rank and my highest rank was top 10 and on average i’d be a grandmaster or a master on rank.

most of my friends both irl and online always wanted to play with me due to my skill in my gameplay, role, knowledge, experience, perks, feats, and whatever else that isn’t in my head rn.

for honor also got me really pissed too, which was funny since i always remained chill most time.

stopped playing this year and coming back to collect all of the achievements this game has.

i might come back but if i am going to go back, i’m going to actually put more time and effort in other heroes then shugo

sorry for the long post, but this is my shugo.

give out your xbox users if you’re down to play because i want to kinda get back to this game
>>
Ubi balancing a fighting game is fucking pain.
>>
is lawbreaker just a bad matchup for highlander or am I just shit?
I know theyre both considered to be bad characters
>>
>>470952
ummmmmmm sorry sweety but people on v say this is actually a MOBA yikes better luck next time
>>
>>470952
Their problem was that it took them like two years to realize they made a fighting game. They made a retarded half-fighting game completely on accident in 2017, spent a solid year having no idea what to do, and have been in the process of retroactively balancing it like one for the last couple years now. It's like some fucky French Canadian convergent evolution going on.
>>
what do i do against 400ms lights as a hero with no dodge attack
>>
>>471299
Dodge attacks wouldn't help you against those anyway because you can't dodge out of chain lights any more. How many characters even have 400ms lights still? I can only think of Lawbringer's chain top-light and Nuxia's chain lights. Both of those just require a read for most people (e.g. after Lawbringer hits you with an opener heavy, just parry top on light timing and it'll catch him if he does it). Nuxia's are considerably harder to deal with, as they're omnidirectional and she can do two in a row if she wants. Good thing Nuxia's trash.

Nobody has 400ms opener lights any more. Oh wait Highlander does but he has to be in offensive stance for it so just beat his ass.
>>
>>471215
You’re not wrong. I liked it better back then too. More like a chunky Mount & Blade fighting style.
>>
File: Champion Status.png (975 KB, 1682x917)
975 KB
975 KB PNG
what's the deal with champion status?
>>
>>471476
None of it matters that much, but if you've got the steel to spare and it's on sale it's not like it's bad to have. Helps with repping up new Heroes. Not a huge deal. I bought a year of it for like 30k steel when it was half off at some point. I don't regret it, but if I'd never done it it's not like much would change.
>>
File: dogmeat.jpg (65 KB, 700x394)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>471484
figured
well I wont bother saving up for it then till I have everything I want on my main
cheers
>>
File: file.png (396 KB, 700x361)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>least fun gamemode is most rewarding for your time
damn
>>
File: asd.webm (2.87 MB, 1400x788)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
please explain
>>
>>471524
You did it too early, seems pretty obvious to me. If you see your white shield symbol before the enemy attack would connect you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>437270
I've been downloading it for two nights now with my shit internet.
What am I in for? How dead is it?
I only played the first Chivalry, but I'm not sure if you can compare For Honor to that.
>>
>>471476
Small player base, so you pay to be fastlaned towards the sweats. It’s not a favor to you, it’s to smooth out matchmaking lobbies
>>
>>445172
>>445963
>>452411
>>470434
>point contested
>>
File: stands on your point.jpg (166 KB, 821x1326)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>471669
forgot pic
>>
>>471131
Highlander is a stomp or be stomped character and lawbringers is ironically punishable with highlander if you know how to utilize your hyper armor to overwhelm the lawbringer
>>
File: skulls.png (731 KB, 417x928)
731 KB
731 KB PNG
>>471670
Bitch please.
>>
>>471817
>>470434
>baggy pants with greaves
such a good look
I wish this was more prominent outside japan
>>
I quit when they broke how wardens parry works. which is to say it doesn't now. I used to be able to bait the ENTIRE enemy team into a revenge combo by parrying all of them at once, now its boring.
>>
>>471817
fine. Tjek this out
>>
>>458283
a lot of the time it's because lag comp fucks console not to mention the game handles ping really badly. lights are, more often than not, faster than 500ms.
>>
File: edgy.png (572 KB, 349x856)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>472067
It actually looks a bit better, I expected you to just put a face on your stomach. But PS being retarded they no longer allow to upload screenshots to facebook and I don't feel like making a twitter account or starting from scratch on PC so I can only upload old pics with designs I don't use anymore or changed.
>>
How do the xp boost tickets work?
>>
Any recommended resources for a newbie looking to get into the game?
>>
>>472737
fellow "noobie" who has learned a fair bit in the past two weeks
here
>play the entire story campaign on hard difficulty
>use a guide to get all the "observables" and "breakables" from the campaign as you play as they reward unlockables and extra Steel (your primary currency)
>play both the Trials which can be found in the training tab. Ideally you'd 100% both for the cosmetics and stuff they unlock though it is not necessary to 100% them to get the Steel
>DO YOUR FUCKING ORDERS
>pick a main and stick with them for a bit
oh and for fuck sake please don't main a super cancer meta character
don't be one of the niggers shitting it up on Warmonger or one of the meta chink characters
pick something that you can make your own and that you think is cool
>haha yeah bro I totally think this old chinese lady who hisses constantly is super cool and I'm definitely not just picking a meta character because I suck too much to play something with an actual skill floor

basically
do the campaign
do the tutorial
do your daily orders
dont pick a meta character
pick a character you think is cool
>>
>>472737
oh and pick vikings as your faction since theyre BASED and COOL and they've won most events recently which means more free steel
>>
>>472747
i recommend switching to a meta character for a while after you learn the absolute basics so you have no excuses left when you inevitably get your ass handed to you
>>
File: stinger through mouth.png (1.51 MB, 1600x1208)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>472760
WRONG
then you're winning because you went to fucking UBI for power handouts
please sir
please
can I have some wins
please gimme the wins please Ill do anything
Ill get on my hands and knees
Ill suck your cock
Ill sign away my soul and give up any moral compass I might have once had
PLEASE UBISOFT JUST GIMME FREE WIN FOR PICK CHARACTER
PLEAS
I NEED THIS
I need this character to win
I need this easy character
I NEED THIS EASY
I NEED THIS EASY MODE

that is fucking pussy shit and I'd rather lose with a bad character, knowing I learned something and grew as a player/person than be a fucking KEK GRIFFITH GODHAND SELLOUT who gives up on everything for that SWEET WIN BABY OH YEAH IT'S ALL ABOUT THE WINS BABY OH YES MOMMY PLEASE GIMME THE WINS

to pick a "meta" character in a MP game is to be a video games journalist begging for an easy mode
do you value the opinions of someone who beats every game on easy? no?
well then if you pick a "meta" character in a pvp game I think you and your fat mom and your FAGGY father that raised you are all fags and you are WORTHLESS
>>
>>472765
there isnt a meta character in this game that doesn't get light attack reaction parried and feint guard broken to oblicion by gigasperg mcgee playing an F tier character. only after that happens will your mind be ready to accept you may have faults
>>
>play a meta character
>like warmonger
Lol
>>
File: pund.png (431 KB, 738x542)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>472768
if you
>use the CAR in titanfall 2
>played Brigitte in Overwatch
>play Wraith or Horizon in Apex Legends
>spam the Scorch Shot or Sticky Bomb Launcher in Team Fortress 2
>use the murky hand scythe in dark souls 3
>used the One Eyed Mask in Destiny 2
I'm afraid to tell you this
but you aren't even a boy let alone a man and you should probably start wearing panties and putting on makeup
>>
>>467452
Uncle Lothar wants YOU

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.