[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FCYCz3tUYAoPDbN.jpg (74 KB, 900x814)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
PLAY ETERNAL RETURN: BLACK SURVIVAL

https://playeternalreturn.com/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049590/Eternal_Return_Black_Survival/
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/eternal-return/9p1c52gp3wx7
>>
>>436015
No
>>
File: pullcheek.png (257 KB, 337x312)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>tfw Nicky runs at you knowing she's basically invincible
>narrowly escape her
>she dies within the next minute not realising that every other survivor can actually fight back
>>
>>436015
No one plays this game. Just buy an ad.
>>
>>436085
I had an Eleven game where a Nicky chased me through my second zone when both of us were on white weapon (she had a Nightingale)
>mfw I escaped and saw her die to a Yuki 2 minutes later
>>
>>436044
Why?
>>436112
>No one plays this game
Nah, the game has already stabilized, it didn't die out.
>Just buy an ad.
You won't believe, but I actually donated a few small streamers to play it.
>>
>>436140
>kill a jackie one game
>they're in the same game as me next time
>they drop everything to chase me around with a green axe for over 2 minutes until someone who is actually playing the game investigates what the fuck is going on
somehow, the jackie then won that match.
>>
>>436015
>le anime moba BATTLE ROYALE!!!!!
FOR THE MILLIONTH FUCKING TIME I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY YOUR FUCKING GOOK GAME
>>
File: 621.gif (22 KB, 112x112)
22 KB
22 KB GIF
>sissela getting ANOTHER skin already
I guess it explains why she remains god tier
>>436165
curious as to why you have a problem with this game and not any others
>>
>>436168
who said i didn't? i hate all anime BR MOBAs equally
>>
>>436164
>somehow, the jackie then won that match
Wtf how does that even happen
>>436168
Yuki too
I wonder if he and Sissela will become the Ahri, Lux, etc of ERBS with 100 skins
>>
File: sisella 13.jpg (144 KB, 850x1202)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>436192
I believe they want to make Yuki the male face of Eternal Return. Maybe they also want to make Sisella the female face instead of Jackie. Honestly, I prefer the old Jackie & Hyunwoo combo, psycho & delinquent look more interesting than generic anime protagonist and kuudere ill girl. But Sisella is cute.
>>
>>436192
>Wtf how does that even happen
I checked and her damage was pretty low so I think she just third partied a couple times, ratted and got a good matchup in the last square
Maybe everyone else in the lobby just sucked. Who knows
>>
File: 1609849726333.jpg (39 KB, 600x338)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
seeing a bernice in the lobby just makes me laugh every time
then I see that useless motherfucker plod around for 5 minutes, do nothing and die to the first person that finds him
this man
is weak
>>
>>436224
Hopefully the rework in Season 4 makes him more viable
His kit looks okay but he just feels so bad to play
>>
>>436231
He's got the longest "loading time" of anyone in the cast while not being able to either reliably pick fights or leave them in a game where both of these are pretty vital at any time
It's no surprise that survivors like Adela and Hyejin are consistently top tier when they have multiple get-out-of-jail-free cards that also double up as ways to stop anyone ever escaping them
>>
>>436231
>>436313
>>436224
ok then explain this https://dak.gg/bser/leaderboard/characters/Bernice?teamMode=SOLO&season=SEASON_3&sortBy=games
>>
I don't understand this game. It seems like some characters are just way, WAY better. I've tried a couple and the winners always seem to be the same few, top 3 is usually the same few too. Makes me sad cause the characters I like appear to be pretty trash, or at least I can't make them work. hopefully the new season makes it a bit more balanced.
>>
File: 1622102530038.jpg (850 KB, 1794x2974)
850 KB
850 KB JPG
My game crashes every 4-5 rounds but i put up with it because the girls are cute and battlerite is fucking dead
>>436342
When getting started a LOT depends on your route, and you should have 2-3 usable ones with different starting zones on every character you like to play.
>4 people in your starting zone
already lost
>2-3 of a constested item like gems/paper/lighters in your zone 4-5
you better be real damn fast at getting there
When the recommended ones suck ass or are all identical try making an alternative one with https://lumiacraft.xyz/ or copypasting those used by high rank players
>>
>>436342
Who do you like to play?

>>436365
>>4 people in your starting zone
>already lost
Not necessarily, in my experience it depends on how much you're getting and where you spawn
I've played a bunch of games where I started in Hospital with 4 or 5 other people, and still managed to get most of what I needed by looting all the boxes in my cluster
>>
>>436342
Which characters do your think are WAY better? If it's Adela and Sisella, you're probably right.
>>
>>436388
>>436365
So far I've tried every single free week character, along with luke, hyejin, yuki, aya, isol, and daniel. Every single match I've lost have had the same 3 characters in the top 3:
Nadine
Sua
Chiara.
Every single one, out of the 20~ games I've been able to play over the last 4 days (these queue times are... really really bad)
I don't care about builds or any of that shit yet, it just seems to me that those 3 characters are the best of the best and I've already fucked my account up by not getting them.
>>
>>436479
alternatively, what do you do when everyone runs away? That's my biggest issue besides some characters just blatantly being superior to others. I get someone who I know I can kill, and they just run
run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run run and run and run
>>
>>436479
Nadine is a bit overtuned right now from what I understand, but I think Sua and especially Chiara aren't very strong nowadays, just annoying to fight. They may have just snowballed hard early
For them to have gotten top 3 in 20+ games is weird though, maybe it's a new-player-lobby thing
It is strange that
>>
>>436492
Ignore the last few words, I was gonna write something else

>>436488
In situations like this, if you're not playing a really mobile character that can catch up to your targets, or a CC-heavy one that can slow or stun them, there's not much you can do besides hope to catch them out later if they rest in a bush or something. If you can't secure kills the entire game, it's probably better to hunt animals so you can get your wep mastery up
>>
File: 2021-10-24 22-12-51.webm (2.51 MB, 900x506)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB WEBM
>>436493
>hope to catch them later
okay
>try to hunt animals
okay
how about when they can do damage while running away, and when you turn, they can turn too, but because they can move and attack at the same time you just die?
And what animals do you hunt when these hyper mobile characters are killing shit faster than you because they take no damage, never have to stop to heal, and are able to get kills and stack even more weapon mastery because they're ALSO hunting animals? Fuck, even in this case, they're the SAME weapon mastery, but just do more damage than you because they're not constrained by having to stop to attack? Or how their cooldowns are just like 15 seconds lower than yours?
webm related. This is not a rare occurrence. This is incredibly common, and INCREDIBLY frustrating.
>>
>>436499
And it's not just on that character, every character I try, someone has more move speed than me and just walks out of range of me, or dashes on like 2 seconds cooldown, I don't understand what I'm actually meant to do in situations like that. And stop saying fucking farm. I farm, but what do I do when I HAVE TO FUCKING FIGHT THEM? I can't just let them fucking farm and get 8 kills like that cunt there, but I also can't catch up to them to stop them, so what's the solution? Who's the character that stops this fucking fag-ass running? Because I will dedicate the next 3 weeks of my life to learning them and absolutely ruining the game for anyone who tries to run.
>>
File: bloodseeker.jpg (39 KB, 625x502)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>436500
>>
File: 2021-10-24 23-23-32.webm (2.59 MB, 900x506)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
I know the game surely can't be THIS dogshit if you've been trying this hard to shill it on /v/ and /vm/ for the last few MONTHS. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but I don't know what that is, because any time I try to look up info on the game, there's nothing, it's just an infinite circle of "well maybe your route isn't the best" has nothing to do with that, it has to do with characters, and their skills/abilities, and movement. It's an entirely removed phenomenon from farming, from gear, from crafting, from food, from everything else. So what's the counterplay? What do I do about the CHARACTERS and their DASHES? Is there anything? Or is the game just lazily made and there's no actual counterplay to the retarded league of legends tier mobility, and they've just forsaken any characters that are past whatever arbitrary cutoff?

And don't even try to say "w-well muh pros" because pro play is not what any average person will play. And again, going by league (which is apparently a gigantic inspiration for this game), riot forces pros to use certain builds and avoid certain meta strategies because they're not as enjoyable to watch. pro =/= good, hasn't for years. just means paid.

I just wish someone was actually willing to talk about the fucking game instead of giving me canned responses because I'm fucking TRYING to learn it, to play it, to enjoy it.
So again, I repeat my ORIGINAL question, and hopefully someone answers it instead of asking a bunch of questions and telling me to route better or other irrelevant, pointless garbage:
Who are the best characters? Who's got the most dashes, who's got the most slows, who has the most mobility? Because thus far that's the only even remotely relevant stat I've seen, and since there's no worthwhile online resources for this game, my own view seems to be the best, not like anyone's arguing with it here, lol.
webm, again, related.
>>
>>436528
If you're asking about who has the most mobiltiy, dashes, slows, CC. It's undeniably Jan. his dashes may be short. his CC is fucking wild though. A slow, a knock up, a wall stun, a giant fucking square arena that if you kick people into it, it knocks people back to the center of the ring. With Glove skill being a low cooldown with TRUE DAMAGE, it's a lot of fucking damage.
>>
>>436528
Just fotm it bro.
None of the reply matter because the game has never been balanced and never been stable. You play the shit the balance team make broken for the current patch or you don't get to play the game.
>>
>>436572
Also to add to that, trying to understand the game fundamental is suffering. The fundamental of the game is to get as much number advantage on everybody else and dunk of them, best just pick the best character, watch some Korean stream where the "pro" does the exact shit for 50 games straight and just copy it, because that would probably be the most optimized way to play, and fundamentally gives you the most stats to dunk on your lobby
>>
>>436577
>>436572
way to not even read my post, retard.
>>
File: Janinanutshell.png (339 KB, 537x372)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>436536
>>
>>436536
would love to try him out but lol
>>
File: two minutes full build.png (219 KB, 1786x239)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>436618
>after another 30 minutes of pop, fail, restart, pop, fail restart I get in match after a full hour
>2 minutes and guy has a full build and kills me in TWO hits because he's rank 4 weapon mastery with 0 wild animals killed somehow
nice
yeah I'm done with this piece of shit, it's not enjoyable, everything is just broken to fuck. Shouldn't have fallen for the shilling in the first place. Hope the rest of the servers shut down soon like all the one that have in the last 3 months lmao
>>
>>436627
you get weapon mastery by crafting weapons
>>
>>436618
You can try out every character for free in the practice tool. But, I think you already left so this message is probably useless now.
>>
>>436479
Chiara is decent, but far from OP. Sua may seem broken, but she is actually low tier. Nadine is high tier, but you probably don't even see in your games what makes her high tier. Most Nadine players are dogshit and she is low-tier unless you know what to do. The difference between good Nadine player whose Q and D are always on cooldown, who kills animals into red zones through walls etc. and between average Nadine who just play normally is like the difference between Heaven and Earth.
>>
>>436528
>that WEBM
>ENAD AR Aya build is active on Fiora
>Chasing Adela on Fiora with green boots without half the items
>Ult is not active
Bruh... If it's your webm, you literally don't understand a shit about this game. Like nothing at all. I can teach you a things or two because that Fiora build is precisely what took me to Gold in this season.

First, you don't fight until you AT THE VERY LEAST have your pruple boots. But in general you don't fight until you have full build, Dragon Dobok being the key item, but Creed and Tiara are also super important. Also you don't fight until you have your passive level 3.

You need to understand how this build works, where your damage comes from. You basic rotation is normal attack -> press W -> 2 almost instant normal attacks from W -> Q. All 4 hits comes in quick succession, the first 3 put Touche indicators, Q procs them. You're standing in place during this rotation, that's why you need Dragon Dobok, additional 0.75 range is important so that your enemy can't just walk out of range during your rotation. Also Dobok takes care of your SP problems. To be continued.
>>
>>436771
You need to understand that in this build your damage comes in bursts via rotations I've described, but the main source of damage itself is critical strike. Most of your crit chance comes from purple boots and purple tiara (you also need to upgrade it to gold tiara with meteorite ASAP, I often fight for the very first Meteorite if it's in Temple or in Pond). That's why you can't do shit until your boots and tiara are completed: you have almost no crit. But Creed (the arm piece) is also very important because it gives you +25% crit damage. Quiver is important because it gives your additional movement speed (Bucefalus are among the slower boots so more MS is needed) as well as attack speed. Attack speed is needed to make your rotation even smoother. Remember, you ALWAYS need to land 4 strikes in quick succession, not to poke with single hits.

In general, for chasing/engaging your need your also weapon skill. And also keep in mind that Fiora is the character that scales really well into the late game, but she's among the weaker ones in early to mid game. So to conclude: 1) You need full build, level 3 passive and weapons skill ASAP, you don't want to fight anyone until you get these 2) wasting time chasing enemies, especially such as Adela who have top 1 wall jump in the game is ridiculous 3) when you do fight/chase, you don't just run after the enemies trying to poke them in the back, you D/E into them, do AA->W->2xAA->Q in quick sequence.
>>
File: 98409238.jpg (53 KB, 1094x611)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>Spawn in
>Realize some tournament winning immortal rank pro is playing the same character and route as you
>Head explode
>This happens again 3 more times
Yeah fuck this, not logging on until the server pop is higher. Playing anything other than your literal best character every match beyond a certain point is basically suicide.
>>
>>436824
>until the server pop is higher
LOL, not gonna happen. Your best shot is maybe at the very start of season 4, but I believe numbers are only gonna fall from now on.
>>
File: alreadydeathspiral.png (36 KB, 732x128)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>436857
It's already on death spiral LOL.
>>
>>436857
>>436890
Friend of mine believes that the off-season time of LoL might bring in more players since people stop playing it around that time and there's a decent overlap. It would coincide a bit with last year's uptick of people as some of the streamers were trying out the game. I think it's mostly bias and new players are just going to get stomped trying out the game, you'd need critical mass where the # of new players is just overwhelming.
>>
File: newplaylist.png (639 KB, 1094x561)
639 KB
639 KB PNG
Grabbed this off the discord. How valid is this? Should I believe it?
>>
>>436903
>a list of how overwheleming each character can be for a new player
I don't know if I'd put Jan that low, but for the most part it seems right
>>
>>436903
Mostly accurate. Lenox should be lower. William should be much higher. Seriously, I want to like him but it requires too much effort to get the same output as some other characters do with just right click.
>>
>>436771
>>436777
damn bro you really typed a novella just to completely miss the point of how to catch up, and how catching someone with 0 resources somehow lets them escape because ???????????
>>
File: chloepreviewimminent.png (1.16 MB, 886x1000)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
She a coming
>>
File: chloe.png (1.83 MB, 1800x2400)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
Chloe's preview is out, but there's no text yet so it seems unfinished: https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/87
>>
>>437075
wtf she can actually go so far away from her
>>
>>436901
Like LoL players would play indie gook BR.
>>
>>437075
She looks really fun. Hopefully she won't be that hard to learn for my scrub ass
>>
>>436901
No one plays your gook game. You aren't real people. There are only 16 unique posters and 50+ fucking posts. It's a circle jerk in here.
>>
>>436901
why would league players play this over another game?
>>
File: 1482901542142.jpg (180 KB, 700x782)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>437133
And looking at the discord. None of these "pros" or long time players can even agree on a meta. Good games have a set meta already that's stable and universally agreed upon.
>>
File: beingreal.png (14 KB, 336x117)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
I see complaints of game optimization issues going unchecked. Maphacks with a simple google search. And this guy right here.
>>
>>437143
I have a lot of problems with the game (maphacks are a big one, because even pros in season 2 used them lol) but I've never had an issue with optimization. Never got that.
>>
>>436112
More than 3k players online daily
>>
File: my-image_2.png (1.11 MB, 1045x820)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>436528
Best characters are the ones that are in the meta right now. I haven't been following the game for quite a while, but there are some characters that are always strong, but more pilot dependant.

Silvia and Lenox has the best mobility in-game

William's R gives 80% slow, there are some others, but I don't remember really.

P.S. it's a bit outdated, Leon is not S tier anymore. There are some debatable things, but I can agree with most of it.
>>
>>437139
Because it'a not a team game, like League
>>
>>437287
Except it is. Otherwise it wouldn't have team modes.
>>
>>437619
Sure, but it's not a team game in the same way as League where you HAVE to play with other people
I've been playing over a year and I've played maybe <20 games that weren't Solo
>>
I just started playing. what should I know?
>>
>>437933
it's easier to uninstall.
Don't bother playing now, season 4 is going to fuck everything up by adding in lego legends runes and other faggy garbage, also streamlining the game.
>>
>>437933
Are you willing to spend fuck ton of hours being an autist at learning the game ? Because that's when the game's at its best. Otherwise it's a frustrating experience.

If you ask on the Discord it's more likely somebody will be willing to write their PhD thesis paper explaining the intridcate details of the game for you
>>
>>438012
yeah like the majority of those so-called pros that have never been in a real world wide tournament that people care about.
>>
Patch notes are here: https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/99
Aya gets fucking nothing yet again
>>
>>438308
>HP and defense gutted on almost every item in the game
>Antitank augments on their way
Tankbros...

Also wtf is that tacops change
>>
that new bitch looks crazy OP. Hopefully you can remap controlling the doll cause alt+click is the stupidest fucking control scheme ever.
>>
>>438419
Did you see those tank augments though? https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/89
>>
File: dead as fuck.jpg (246 KB, 2048x1152)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>438724
SA moment
>>438656
That's true, I didn't really think about how those would scale with HP items
>>
>>438974
I'm on the NA server, just playing in spanish because I'm practicing the language.
>>
>>438994
I'm a native Spanish speaker and some of the translations are funny. I would never know the translation of quiver if not for ER.
>>
>>439016
Yeah, honestly games are some of the best tools for figuring shit out. Never take any of it as wholly correct, especially not double machine translated garbage ilke ER, but now and then it can be good.
>>
>>438994
Wtf? NAbros...

>>439034
For sure, I tried it when I was studying Spanish in college and it really helped I think
>>
https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/105
man they are in some fuckin bad shape. I don't think I've ever actually heard of this happening before. Wonder what the fuck happened.
>>
File: chloe is great.webm (2.66 MB, 1280x720)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB WEBM
>>439163
this.
>>
File: 9847293.jpg (35 KB, 512x479)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>438499
Turns out you can't! And it sucks just as much as this anon thought it would. Chloe seems pretty strong if you can actually break your wrist to make her doll work
>>
>>439180
Fun fact, back when more characters used alt+click movement on league for their pets, I rewired my alt key to be where lshift is. Took a little getting used to.
>>
>>439163
I wonder if it didn't actually bring in any new players and they just don't care and aren't going to support it now.
Really seems that way. MS store version doesn't have any events either.
>>
>>439217
To be fair it's hard to put out an event for a version that cannot play because it didn't pass Microsoft Certification.

>>439164
If you're playing the Windows Store version, it'll look like that because all of the new Chloe files are in the patch which has everything that you're missing. Since it didn't pass Microsoft Cert, Microsoft Store version doesn't have those files.
>>
>>439258
they said it wouldn't have the bazaar even before the patch started.
>>
>>439262
No they said the Microsoft Store version of the event would have a different start date.

Or rather "may be postponed" probably because of Microsoft Store certifications needing to be passed for every patch.

"*The event schedule of the MS Store version may be postponed. If the schedule is changed, we will inform you via our Official Website."
>>
>>439182
I will never understand why they did that shit instead of just using the regular rts controls that have worked for centuries.
>>
>>439268
Because it simplified the click+drag that westerners hated, which is why RTS died such a fucking miserable death. People didn't like managing more than one unit at a time. At least 'people', the new generation of normalfags.
It was even toyed around with by valve, I don't know if you remember, before meepo came out, and techies, and all that, they were trying really hard and the test server had a different control scheme every like 3 days instead of drag-to-choose, until eventually they gave up on it.
>>
Code from kakao stream:
NEWPLAYERBOOST
5k acoins
also there's a 1k acoin twitch drop too.
>>
>>439408
KAKAOGAMESISHERE
emotes
>>
>>439416
GIFTINGSOMEACOIN
3k acoins
>>
>>439464
UNLOCKADRIANANOW
unlocks adriana. Doesn't give acoin if you have her already
>>
>>439514
>>439464
>>439416
>>439408
thanks big guy, I love free stuff
>>
>>439543
I'm pretty sure that's the last code, the adriana one, they're just playing some inhouse solos and duos, they basically got told "please don't play in queued matches" because it'd be such a stomp.
>>
>wake up
>game's updated
>boot it up
>"get meditation mastery 8"
>health mastery that it was merged into doesn't count
nice fucking game.
>>
>>439572
Haha, no wonder there are no players.
>>
so, since I'm on the ms store version, which I'm beginning to regret more and more, anyone want to let me know what the point cost is for the ER pass? Trying to extrapolate what the NP cost might be.
Also mad I lost my last like 30 hours of 2x.
>>
I wanna try this game out with frens, how do i elevator-pitch it to them?
>>
>>439767
"Hey, you guys want to queue up for a game, and play something else for 45 minutes and just as you'd forgotten you even queued up in the back it pops?"
>>
>>439751
Store version is buggy as fuck since it didn't pass Microsoft Cert for the patch. Avoid it until the patch actually drops for it.
>>
>>439819
Yeah that's not at all what I was asking, I just want to know what the point cost is in the bazaar event for the pass to try and guess what the np cost of the pass will be.
And obviously I can't fucking play, it doesn't let you log in, only play AI and practice mode.
>>
>>439827
Oh the point cost in the bazaar is 100P. You can easily get 100P from doing the weekly event which is play each rotation character once.
>>
>>439827
The skin is also 100P
>>
>>439767
You can't. Honestly, suggesting this game to a friend seems like a dogshit idea even to me, and I'm more or less fan of ER with 2000 hours in it (no, it's not an exaggeration). I honestly think no one should waste their time on even trying this game unless they somehow already have an idea of what it is and that got them interested, not repelled. Best way to get basic info on what ER is = watching streamers or watching someone else play in general. If and ONLY IF you like what you see you should try this yourself. In my case, several of my friends knew for months that I'm always playing this new gook br game and finally they start asking what it is and I shared my screen through discord for them. Only 1 of them decided to try it and he left quicky, but at least there were no hard feelings since I never pushed him in any way into trying. This game is so fucking niche you better just not even try to ask people left and right to try it.
>>
>>439863
I think there's a lot of fun to be had even as a new player, but the new player experience continues to be total ass. There's no emphasis on the fun parts and no setting up of expectations and basic game flow, so a lot of people either don't "get it" or get salty and quit.
>>
>over 24h without an update on the ms store release
good job there, nn. Any potential new players you'd have gotten will now surely have uninstalled.
>>
Now that AR dies to anyone with OCW, can we delete AR as a weapon type? Thanks
>>
>>441524
EBAD anything dies to OCW. It's the end of an era. EBAD is no longer terrifying at end game.
>>
>>440197
Hey it's me, newanon.
I got a friend who used to nolife Leagaleggens, the game seems pretty fun but there are way too many smurfing niggers around.
Hope they all die of aids and cancer.
>>
>>441792
Me too. The Discord is full circlejerks. The resources they put up are not the full thing. They obviously hide things and they don't tell you unless you're inside their inner circle.
>>
>>441812
Don't think i wanna set foot into discord.
Free Chars seem like ass, at least the ranged ones.
I bought Hart because she looked like fun, but she is ass too.
Does absolutely fuck all damage and eats cock like a grandmaster.
Now i bought Aya, what should i save up for next, any ideas?
>>
>>441846
Have you seen Piemaster7? He pretty much shitstomps people as Hart because she has three dashes, high sustained damage and some cc to boot
Just needs practice
On another note, Burgundy 47 may be SLIGHTLY overtuned right now, only slightly, mind. Not autowin at all.
>>
>>441854
It's probably the suggested build i have then, the dashes seem way too small and i might be levelling the abilities in wrong order.
The most i watched was myaaniflakes like on thursday or so just to get a feel for what the game is like, he seemed to grief people into oblivion with Sniper Aya.
I'll check Piemaster7 later.
EU QUEUE DEAD AF FUCKING BITCHBOIS ALL ASLEEP OR BACK TO LOL?!
>>
>>441856
You'll have to queue NA, the ping difference isn't that much and it's a lot more alive
She does take a bit of getting used to, it's not like you're instalocking AR Aya and not even levelling your Q and W but Hart snowballs well and can rat decently if required.
and yes, glass all sniper aya players
>>
>>441859
My friend bought the Cook Fatcat, any tips for Fatcat?
We gonna roll Fatcat and Aya or maybe Fatcat and Hart once i figure her out.
>>
>>441866
Fatman is very different to most other survivors
You tend to focus more on gathering and cooking as much food as possible and in a fight you just press all your buttons knowing your R has a higher amp scaling than it has any reason to
You're bulky enough to survive most attacks especially with Wok It Off but your animal clear isn't so hot.
>>
>>441875
Animal clear isn't so great? That's why Quench Augment exists in the Red Section.
>>
>>441885
trueeeeeeee
augments are a right fucking 4Head of a set of design choices right now
>>
>>441887
It's like a fucking candy store at a clown carnival though. Everything is insane that it's kinda fun because no one knows what they're doing still. Not even the so-called "pros" of a small game.
>>
>>441856
On EU i always get duo normal matches in 2-3 minutes, idk about other modes
>>
>72 hours with no update on the ms release
and just like that they thanos snapped the like 4000 players they got, kek.
>>
>>442242
Who wants to screw with them further? Let's see what's inside their gook code and mass distribute game breaking hacks.
>>
>try playing hart in solo
>get my ass beat 6 ways to sideways before i can even finish my build
people are fucking animals right now
>>
>>442300
Why even bother? There are already freely available map hacks, the only time they've even stopped working is when they change item spawns in some way, so they upcoming patch will probably mess with it again, but I doubt it will be for long.
They don't seem to care much about this game, despite how much they try to market it.
>>
>>442771
I've tried those map hacks. None of them seem to actually work.
>>
>>441528
What is OCW?
>>
>>442843
Oblivion Can Wait. It's a Blue Augment. It's good against characters that use basic attacks.
>>
>>441856
>>441792
One thing that I think they need to address for the new player experience, or even the intermediate player experience, is how opaque "power" in this game is. It takes so long to understand that there are a ton of factors that go into whether you stomp a fight or vice versa, and the fact that dynamic exists in the first place
>>
Okay, I have basically nothing to do today.
How should I approach this game as a complete newfag? I've a couple thousand hours in Dota if that counts.
>>
>>443689
Sit in Practice Mode since you can try out EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER FOR FREE. Also pay very close attention to everything on your screen during the tutorial.
>>
>>443724
Hey thanks, I played the axe maniac character, got a hang of her then tried a pub and won. Good shit.
>>
what are some nice and strong starter characters i bought camilo first but when i look on dak no one plays him lol
>>
https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/131
wow fucking stupid they released him before jp, arda and rosalio
>>
File: Untitled.png (301 KB, 424x365)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>442865
It was a little too good, honestly. I'm glad it's gotten nerfed
>>
>>443814
Didn't they admit they still have no clue how they want hacking to work so JP is shelved until they have a clear vision?
>>
>>443846
They "said" that. But in reality, Hacking itself was supposed to be nearly impossible to do anyway. So if they just implement it like the original Black Survival game. It'd work just the same.
>>
Bros, that knuckle fighter drunkard doomer pussy making me act strange. I wanna buy her skin.
>>
File: 1617977909655.jpg (814 KB, 2397x1428)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
>>444042
Understandable, that's what i used my free gems on. Thank fuck they didn't gut the crit glove too, she's still pretty good.
>>
>>444145
Caved in and bought her 2nd skin, too good.
ded gaem btw https://files.catbox.moe/fwr0cu.png
>>
Just tried frenzy jackie with maharaja, butler's suit and tac ops, absolutely disgusting
>>444157
South America? I get normal matches in 1-2 mins during most of the day in europe
>>
>>444321
>South America?
Yeah, I don't wanna queue elsewhere 'cuz the ping is way too big.
>>
New players Fatman and Sniper Aya rolling today.
I got some weirdo chinkbuild, that shit needs Stallion Medal but it's not listed in the Build Path and i always have to fuck off to the beach to find it.
>>
>>444599
Besides Hart and Aya, what else should i give a go?
Something that melts faces fast and griefs people.
Bonus points if it helps the Fatman.
>>
>still no updates on ms store version
they're genuinely going to hit a week with it not being up. They're just going to pull it from the store and call it a misfire launch, aren't they? And to think, I was actually liking the game. Not gonna start over now though.
>>
File: 1597433251734.jpg (93 KB, 750x750)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>first time Jan
>win with 6 kills
I didn't even read what his passive does or know his Q had a re-cast for half the match
>>
>queue for a match
>15 min queue
>match finally pops up
>accept
>go back into queue because a nigger rejected the match
>rinse and repeat
I just wanna play the fucking game, I'm tired of playing against bots.
>>
>>444677
According to their twitter: https://twitter.com/_EternalReturn_/status/1455822492279341059

"It's almost fixed and should be ready soon!".
>>
How heavy is this game on its crafting elements and how complex are they?
>>
>>445113
You craft all the items you use and the food/drinks you consume. You can get items from packages that are deployed on the map every now and then but you'll be depending on your crafted items like 95% of the time.
As for the complexity of this mechanic, the tutorial explains very well what you should and shouldn't be doing.
>>
>>445113
It's actually not as bad as people make it out to be with the Saved Plans system. Let's you set items. Make a route and see what items are on the map for each area.
>>
File: mood.png (1.14 MB, 800x3500)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Game is truly a mood. Pic related.
>>
>>436015
Black Survival?

If I'd want to play that I'd just try to spend a night in Detroit
>>
File: 2.png (789 KB, 1000x1700)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
>>445201
What is the emotion in the bottom panel meant to convey? Either way seeing happy Chiara is adorable but I don't think they'd ever have her slowly recover from her PTSD without butchering her character entirely
>>
File: chiaraglue.png (150 KB, 341x418)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>445201
I found out who drew these and more but can't seem to find them at a resolution where I can see what they're saying. Please advise
>>
>>445253
This was when Red Panther was a really good rapier for Chiara if I recall.
>>
File: 676786343648.png (2.12 MB, 784x4112)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>445266
Oh I meant in the post I was replying to but ye - flat amp was a pretty good workaround to your ult's passive life drain.
also this is VERY relatable
>>
>>445270
Yeah, I have no idea lol
>>
>>445253
개새끼 = motherfucker
it's supposed to be you laughing and flinging emotes
then they aa you or q you and you just say "youuuuuu motherfucker"
>>
Microsoft Store version is back up.

https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/138
>>
>>445289
Ah, thanks. Makes sense given how I'm still at the MMR where people randomly try to deathmatch you before purple weapon.
>>
File: erbs ms.png (178 KB, 1920x1080)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>445292
>another week of 2x
I mean I doubt that's gonna bring people back, but good on them. They updated their ToS, so I'm guessing that was the issue.
>>
>>445201
>Nadine existing in fanart
Good shit
>>
>>444602
Anybody?
>>
>>445557
Jan.
>>
>>445609
>fucking seethe and hate everytime i see Jan(itor) in the match
why didn't i think of it sooner
>>
>bought Cathy
>how the fuck do i play Cathy
>>
>>446955
Me with every character I buy.
>>
https://youtu.be/XMsmS-jgubE
Wonder what this is about.
>>
>>447172
it's fucking ugly holy shit, the only saving grace is jackie's back sweat but christ my eyes
>>
>>447199
Yeah, I was fine with it up until we got to the faces...
>>
>>447172
model kinda looks like weird uncanny 3D coom ones you see on dlsite
>>
>>447172
>let's play hide and seek!
>rats for the entire match
also jackie killing a jan is pretty unrealistic let's be honest with ourselves
>>
>>447322
I mean, my initial thought was that it was Magnus, but I could see it being Jan
Also, why the hell is she burning her ult so early, was there a misclick?
>>
>>447172
>show closeup of Jackie
>cute
>zoom out
>face now demorphed
>fucking Luke in the background now looking like closeup of Jackie
I feel horny but also annoyed
>>
>>447328
Actually it seems to just be "generic survivor" as the ungloved hands, build and skin tone don't match any existing survivor or anyone left in Immortal Soul
I guess they didn't want to upset any character mains by being singled out as the victim to a Jackie who thinks her ult gives movespeed or something
>>
File: 8753945.gif (28 KB, 100x100)
28 KB
28 KB GIF
>>447172
I was cooming to sweaty Jackie but jesus christ those faces
>>
File: aunt luke.jpg (74 KB, 975x588)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>448818
This art sums up that cinematic trailer. LOL
>>
what the fuck
https://twitter.com/ourokronii/status/1457200530191577089
>>
File: 1602340201397.png (318 KB, 700x677)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>they decided to not keep the unused "on-death" sfx unused
bruh now I'm going to feel slightly bad when I throw a young girl at a fight I apparently couldn't win as limit testing
>>
>>450608
now's the time for a marketing push. league is done until the new season, dota is wound down from ti, there's a space that can be filled. I don't think er is it, but they've paid a handful of people so far, at least f rom league:
>IwillDominate
>CaptainFlowers
>TobiasFate
>qtpie
they've also apparently been working on shroud/ninja too, so they're putting a lot of money into it.
>>
>>450702
Shroud/ninja? Where's this coming from?
>>
>>450608
I am worried about the new player experience
>>
>>450926
Some I imagine plan to snipe them outright for le funny maymays.
>>
So, anybody want to rate that sponsorship?
>>
>>452634
Hololive/10. I dunno what people expected.
>>
>>452746
To be honest, their ONLY decent paid promotion in the entire history was Grubby — I mean paid promotions among those who never played the game before, so I obviously don't count streamers like Dyrus or Emiru. Grubby Streamed Eternal Return for 3 hours and by the end of the third hour he actually started to make real progress and ended his promo stream on a positive note and said a few honestly sounding good words about the game. I would say buying 4 hours is the bare minimum and also they really need to choose carefully whom they're buying promo from.
>>
File: 1608181049295.jpg (57 KB, 960x960)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
QRD on Sua? What's her combo exactly, QEaDa? I guess she needs a lot of CDR.
>>
Bros i finally had my epic solo victory royale!
I was trying to do that event weekly where you play every f2p char once, went with Jenny as last char and melted everyone's faces for solid 6 kills!
My account level is now 15 and the game is a lot of fun, but i can see why it is bleeding players and inevitably going to die.
Real shame.
>>
>>453134
first couple of weeks into season 4 will be the real test
there's still some obnoxious shit knocking around but they've nerfed some of it so that it's not "if everything is broken nothing is"
>>
>>453144
I don't know what they nerfed, neither do i or the new players care.
Balancing doesn't really matter as a new player, you don't understand what is broken and what isn't anyway.

The game has a flawed looting system, sudden power spikes and the UI UX is dreadful.
When your suggested buildpath leads you into, say Factory, and you arrive there just to see the entire zone looted (literally every container has 8 empty slots), because turns out 5 people decided to spawn there, new players can barely figure out the UI, none of them is going to pull up the map and actually try to drop into another zone to catch up because that's already too much.
Or when you are just walking around and everybody is ignoring each other until suddenly they don't anymore and your HP goes from 100% to a 0% within 2-3 seconds because turns out this smurfing PoS built his epic weapon, new players will just fuck off.
And then build paths in first place need to be more easier to understand and there actually needs to be a build sequence instead of a plain shopping list.
The game is bleeding players because the on-boarding for new players just sucks, and there is no vs. AI game mode for Duos and Squads, the AI is also very subpar even on Hard difficulty.
There is so much going wrong for new players, the balancing is the least of the concerns the game has now.
>>
>>453160
the game takes a lot of getting used to and nothing apart from shriveling up the entire concept, throwing it in the bin and starting anew will fix that, sadly
it's definitely not for someone completely new to any of these genres, as for the epic weapon part well one thing they have to learn quickly is that once people start getting purple weapons you have to expect them to try and go after you and the game doesn't really say that
the issue with vs AI is the bots don't actually loot so you don't learn how contesting actually works because every zone you go into is full of items no matter what
>>
>>452634
better than expected since everyone pretty much expected them to get dumpstered anyway, they didn't rage at the game and sold the waifu aspect pretty well.

I don't think it's realistic to find somebody popular who are also autstic at this niche game to begin with.
>>
>>453160
Dude, everything you've described is basically 1 problem: new players are playing vs NOT new players. Like literally, factory all looted by the time you got there? Sure enough when the average MMR of your lobby is 2k+. But on my 500 MMR account I often manage to get tree of life and meteorites even the whole fucking day after they appeared. Also, there are tons of items wherever I go up until Night 3. I never have any problem with making whatever item I want to even late into the game because literally everything is half-looted at worst. If new players could stay in 500 MMR range until they understand their shit, they would love this game. Unfortunately, once you become just a tiny bit better than complete scrub, you can easily kill the whole lobby of scrubs. I've seen 500 MMR Jackie players getting 9 kills playing like complete shit. The problem is that one single 9 kill games give them more than 200 MMR instantly and that's a big problem. You see, I tested how the matchmaking works using my fake account. I noticed that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get back into 500 MMR range once you're 600+ except on the KR server. I played 100+ fucking games killing myself on chickens in the very beginning, dying 18/18 with 0 kills every game. I COUDLN'T FUCKING LOWER MY MMR from 600 to 500 still. I just get into 1800 average MMR lobby and gain 10+ MMR for 18th place with 0 damage half of the time. So once a new player have 1 or 2 pop-off game, he's instantly into 1800-2800 average MMR lobbies forever and sure enough everything is 100% looted and every player kills him in 2-3 secs. Every single game. Literally Every. Single. Game. But once again — it's an ENTIRELLY 100% matchmaking/playerbase size problem. Game design has NOTHING to do with that. Allow new players to play against each other — NOTHING bad gonna happen. Nothing at all.
>>
>>453167
It's honestly impossible to teach new player how to play the game,imo. New people get directed to multiple discord server, third party website, stream and guides just to understand how to play the game the right way.
>>
>>453176
I think you missed Late 2020 Early 2021 when the game had 25k ccp, 5-10k on twitch with various e-celeb sponsor and plummeted within 2 months. It's not like the game never had a chance to have a big enough player base.
>>
>>453176
yeah this is the issue I have
I have to learn all the matchups again since it's been ages but while it says MMR range averages out, you get all walks of life there
>>
>>453179
It's funny these "pros" just direct people to resources to read. who the fuck does this? Why don't they just fucking play with the newbies?
>>
>>453213
Not sure what you mean - someone at high MMR and a new player duoQ'ing is not going to work well
>>
File: 1625249894776.png (1.98 MB, 3044x3000)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>paying casual homolive streamers with casual audiences to showcase your competitive game
what were they thinking
>>
>>453323
who do you think would have been a better fit ?
>>
File: 8fa35f6d501e0c87.png (1.04 MB, 900x1148)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>453323
We asked them to advertise. They delivered. Then we complained about it after because "muh learning resources".
>>
>>453185
Sure enough I missed 2020, but I've seen early 2021. The game itself was much worse than it is now. And matchmaking was just as horrible. You see, player base size is really important to the matchmaking, but algorithms are also important. Even in early 2021 there were pro players methodically stomping scrubs and getting 8 kills each game. Of course pro players didn't want to stomp scrubs specifically, it's just ranked was dead (the game plummeted even before Season 1 rewards were announced and ranked became alive) and normal matchmaking works in a way that everyone above 500 MMR belongs to a single pool, as soon as there are 18 players the game starts. What's even more funny, "pro" players maybe even unconsciously become addicted to easy games with tons of kills. I noticed how many players like Proster for example became frustrated and quickly lost their interest in the game once they being playing vs similarly skilled players in ranked. And mind you, Proster was hardcore Battlerite pro, familiar with cybersport routine. It's not like he quits the game normally once he start to struggle. But in case of Eternal Return in particular, he just became too accustomed to the feeling that he can dominate without putting much effort due to bad matchmaking, so the shift to ranked matchmaking was more painful that it would have been if there would had been ranked matchmaking from the very beginning. As the result most of the scrubs and some of the pro left the game in season 1 simultaneously and normal matchmaking is still the exact same clusterfuck. But the game itself becomes much better, far more balanced, more diverse and more polished.
>>
>>453326
RTS, Dota 2, MMO PVP players. I feel like NN focus too much on 1) League 2) Battle Royale gamers. I can understand League, but they shouldn't forget Dota. And RTS also, remember that MOBAs started from Dota and Dota was a map in WC3 and there are still RTS players who play custom maps including Hero arenas etc. Also RTS player base is much more hardcore than your average game's. Regarding Battle Royale, I don't think Eternal Return has much in common with any other Battle Royale, so it's pretty ineffective to advertise the game among Apex and Fortnite player base. Better to buy MMO streamers who're focused on PVP content if there are any. There should be.
>>
>>453570
>rozzi main can't handle having opponents who actually fight back
hmm
>>
>>453167
>>453179
Yeah you get what i'm saying.
And the big problem is, the Devs still haven't figured out the player hemorrhage.
It doesn't matter how much water you pour into a barrel, if the barrel is full of holes, the water will keep leaking.
It doesn't matter how many sponsorship deals the Devs are going to force, the players will keep leaving.
>>
>>453648
it's becoming unfixable at this point
you'd need an influx of players to the point where every MMR pool has hundreds of people ready to go with sub 5min queue times and those just don't exist and won't exist
ps amp drone wasn't tested at all and only li dailin mains will disagree
>>
what's with this game? so far any of the hacks I've tried to make only affect singleplayer/vs AI games.
>>
>>453694
From what I heard. Korean players did whatever it took to attempt to sabotage the Hololive stream by attempting to snipe them. Though, apparently there were very few actually really "good" players that hunted the snipers during stream.
>>
>>453786
I know it's not new, but I find it irritating how willing we all are to sabotage an opportunity to present a game to a wider audience and potentially gain more players for our personal amusement or because we don't like that person
>>
>>453881
I do not want anyone who enjoys those retarded faggots playing the same game as me. I've been part of games that shilled to those faggots, know what happened? The games died.
>>
give people a reason to play this over other games
>>
Bitch notes are out: https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/146
>>
>>453648
The biggest "hole" in this game is only its overall complexity compared to other games/genres. Sometimes the concept itself is already driving away people while doing nothing wrong in its field, and you can't do anything about that. It's like dumbing chess down to checkers - it will just be another game. Dumb down the craft system and it won't be a Black Survival game, it will just be some industrial post-apocalyptig LoL rip-off.
>>
>>453694
Yep, the initial large amount of players is the only way to keep numbers adequate. But if the game is already in EA more than for 1 year, I guess you can't gain such high numbers anymore - the moment of novelty is lost.
>>
>>454079
You get tons more of reasons why you lost the game which is not yourself being bad.
>>
>>454142
>Cleanse removed from Burgundy
>Effect is still called Cleansing Gust
Okay, sure, I guess
Please for the love of christ let me have a reason to play Pistol Aya again it's been months
>>
>>454169
well gratz on them making it so that burgundy is just butler's suit with a shield I guess
>>454155
this - they could explain a few things better but they can't just dumb down the entire concept because that just kind of goes against everything they've ever done to try and last ditch attempt appeal to people who still might not bother
granted at least now they have better ways to encourage people to play most days - sure a battle pass & dailies is pretty generic but it works
>>
>>454155
they never tried to make it more accessible and actually doubled down and made the game more autistic throughtout its lifetime.
It used to be that you path an actual build ( amp, crit, regen, enad... etc) and just fight people .
Now they have nerfed the hell out of that, everyone runs a "build" that's doodoo but fast ( which is a very unintuitive concept of a "build" in video game ) and transition into a generic stat galore PvE late game items ( which is even more confusing to understand why these generic AP , Def items are better than the full crit set without digging into the underlying formular )
And that's just one of the thing, instead of addressing issues like snowballing, disproportionate PvE vs PvP time, the dev keep pilling up autistic system to make it complicated for the sake of being complicated.
>>
>>454331
>they never tried to make it more accessible and actually doubled down and made the game more autistic throughtout its lifetime.
they've not really doubled down per se unless you mean the system changes which don't actually do that much

>Now they have nerfed the hell out of that, everyone runs a "build" that's doodoo but fast ( which is a very unintuitive concept of a "build" in video game ) and transition into a generic stat galore PvE late game items
This is because that's how the meta went. The faster you're able to loot a full build, the faster you can start chasing down people who are still fidgeting around trying to find specific stuff.

I can guarentee you that if transitionals didn't exist it would be a lot more one dimensional ie who can make more food / traps / kill more animals than the rest without randomly dying because you have next to no reason to make new equipment

Also the transitional items almost always come from certain objectives which are simple enough for anyone to understand (safely killing miniboss / boss = good, contesting it and winning = better) which adds depth because instead of it just being get full build in 3min & brawl you have more factors to weigh up which keeps things interesting

Snowballing there's not much to be done because that's almost always just a matchmaking issue when some dipshit finds all the lowbies early and then autopilots but to talk about the matchmaking is something else entirely
>>
>>454334
Found the autist.
>>
>>454142
"Chickens now have 2 slots. One is always Leather. The other is 80% Meat, 20% Egg."

Great now that chickens always drop leather. I won't get fucked by true RNG.
>>
>>454334
I understand what you're saying and I get some of the reasonings after dumping hundreds more than a thousand of hour into this.
But there's a game they're trying to sell and there's a hidden metagame that choke the light (fun) out of anyone not adhering to it.

And the dev has a very idealized way people should play the game with how tight they police the metagame and balancing , while most people pick whatever interesting to them ( new players do this all the time, pick the char, weapon that look cool, look through the cataloge and try to pursue a build concept that seems interesting ) then quickly get shit on.

Overall, I think it's just a poor decision to keep adding layers of metagaming based on the lense on the top 1% percent . Some people think that it's mostly a playerbase and mm issue. but imo the current design of the game is hard to appreciate for a lot of people, which is a shame since this is a 1v17 instead of 1v1 game
>>
>>454349
:)
>>
>>454354
the game design is far from perfect otherwise it'd be more popular and wouldn't have the retention issues that will gnaw away at it until it dies
but honestly I can't really think of anything that would improve it apart from "just explain everything better and hope people understand it when there's a shitload to explain"
but ye if there's one thing I've seen from the meta & balancing is that NN have a very clear idea of who is meant to do what and why and in a way they're slowly making every character into rio and fiora who build and do the same thing every game
>>
>>454354
The devs aren't actually done adding to the game yet. We're still missing a core gameplay component which is the Hacking Win Condition.
>>
>>454365
Honestly have no idea how that's going to work when JP just orbiting the research center all game means he's not going to be able to do anything else efficiently
>>
File: 1622690353009.jpg (605 KB, 1200x1156)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>nerfed her damage numbers again
>nerfed her best augment
>nerfed her best build(s)
>pistol skill is still a meme
YAMERO
>>
>>454380
silvia is flat as a board though
>>
>>447172
>deleted
>>
File: 123.jpg (3.23 MB, 2600x1903)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
>>454412
>>
>>454477
reminder that two of sua's skills are designed in reference to her oversized baps
>>
>>454363
I think there are things that could be changed for a more casual audience
> [1]. Early game: In Moba you have some player interactive element in the laning phase (poke, push,chugging abilities back and forth), in BR people get random spawn every game and the RNG scavenging part makes the early game. In Eternal Return the early game is a static speed run (which doesn't appeal to most casual players) where player interaction isn't encouraged. And right after that there's a huge powerspike, and most lobbies (aside from high MMR ones ) have the majority of the players dead between Night 1 & Day 2. So a very static and boring early followed by a game over screen is not something most people enjoy, and you see this all the time in new streamer/promo stream.
They could have streamlined the powercurve and encourage more early game interaction but they chose not, most likely because people complained about getting "griefed" early game.

> [2]. The balance used to be build centric, like Dota, your built used to dictate how your character is played, any character could be AA,Mage,Tank, and you still see this reflected in early character's kit and weapon choices. Now the balance is character centric and there's 1-2 build they actively balance around. The rest of the arsenal are not just sub-optimal, but unplayable. Characters do next to no damage outside of their designated route ( in a non-smurf game of course) .
This also worsen point [1] since the crafting and customizing your build part of the game is dead and soulless, nothing more than a gatekeep instead of adding interesting dynamic into the game.

There are some other point but I personally feel the devs build the game chasing the tail of player's feedback and have no good vision for the pacing/meta of the game to be enjoyed by the masses. So now a lot of the design in the game are " in-reference" or " in reaction to" something in the past which is alien to the casual audience and the potential new players.
>>
"*Note: If our newest build (0.45) did not pass Microsoft's certification process AGAIN, resulting in players not being able to take advantage of the XP and A-Coin boosts from the Season 4 Character x Skin Bundle. We'll be giving out XP and A-Coin boosts (7 days) via in-game mail as compensation."

lol gooks can't get their Microsoft Store version straight if it fails again
>>
>>454500
>two of sua's skills are designed in reference to her oversized baps
explain
>>
>>454573
I'd let her squish me between her two large books.
>>
https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/150

It's good to be a Microsoft Store player. Not.
>>
>>454625
jesus
fucking
christ
just end it already
>>
>>454546
NOOOO YOU CANT DO THAT ITS NOT HOW THE GAME IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED
>>
TODAYSDATEIS1111

Coupon code to get Eleven for free if you don't already have.
>>
>>454898
2021ER1111DAY

This one is also give 1,111 A-coin.
>>
>buy Aya
>next couple of days later, Price dropped for Aya
>Buy Fiora & Adela on Monday
>Price reductions across the board
I'm bout to stop playing this fucking game why do i keep getting fucked by the currencyniggers.
>>
>>454937
This is the most stupid complain I've ever seen. Don't buy anything, there's a decent chance sooner or later they'll give whatever you want for free. They already gave Hyunwoo, Cathy, Adriana and Eleven for free. Seriously, bruh, if you want future-proof investments, buying in-game shit in computer games is a shittiest idea you can come up with. In games you buy stuff you want to play here and now.
>>
>>454937
you will get more than enough a-coin, don't worry
>>
Thanks for linking the thread in the official discord so I can shit on this game (that I love a ton) without mouthbreathers blindly defending it in general chat. I played this game a lot last fall/winter but haven't touched it for around 7 months until this past week. It's actually crazy looking at recent posts in the feedback channel or comments in the sections of youtube, steam, etc. and seeing the SAME shit about the game being criticized and the game STILL failing to attract and maintain a larger player base while the devs and some of the community roleplay like they don't know why.

Like other anons said, there's nothing on this game and the game teaches you jack shit. With the addition of augments there's no denying it's needlessly complex, even though I thought it was before. They couldn't balance then but all they've done is made it more of a nightmare now, it blows my mind. Then, the devs and community still expect newcomers to enjoy getting queued into an environment they increasingly have no chance in. Hurts worse if you play in a region or at a time with long queues. I fucking love this game man and it deserves so much better but at the same time it doesn't with how much stubbornness and copium huffing this fucking dev team and part of the community has over it. Get rid of that boner over "muh complexity" going on and rework that new player experience/onboarding AGAIN so it actually teaches people something. You can spend all the money you want on streamers to advertise your game, but there's so many other factors that come into play when it comes to whether or not the players that come it from it actually stay.
>>
>>454950
I think one problem with trying to rework the new player experience is that they aren't even done putting things in. I don't think they'll be done until the hacking win condition is in.
>>
>>454943
>Eleven
When'd they give her for free?
>>
File: i see.jpg (30 KB, 600x315)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>455082
>>454898
Never mind I'm blind
>>
>>454625
Fucking lol, just take it off the store. I don't even think many people use that storefront to buy games.
>>
File: dgsg.png (398 KB, 600x1200)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
Hey guys how do you like my idea?

1) Random drops from animals are gone except for meat and leather (but bears might drop x2 meat)

2) Instead of random drops you get coins, better animal more coins obviously

3) All or some areas will have vending machines like the ones you loot, but these will give you any item you need for some coins. Prices will probably be different, depending on the area and the resource (like buying the Piano Wire at the vending machine on Temple will cost more than Piano Wire at the Beach). ToL, Meteorite and Mithril will also be sold, for a lot of coins ofc. Each of the item is sold only once (maybe some vending machines will even lack some of recources at all).

So, the way I see it - this thing will
1) encourage newbies to kill animals as soon as it becomes pretty fast and without any significant loss of hp, so newbies will less ofter experience situations when they don't do any damage.
2) Reduce some panic factor if you can't find an item (for a new player you need a lot of things to do fast if you experience this - detarget old equip, find some good one, target it, make sure it has no red-line-crossed item in its recipe, and start finding).
3) Make your character at least able to put up some fight if you have your build/route screwed up.
>>
>>455268
I don't know about the details, but I think I agree with your idea of what's wrong with the early game and your overall direction

The current non-end game items have been so nerfed routing is so unrewarding I would rather the game have a universal currency to build/upgrade , and be more focused on hunting/objective than opening RNG boxes.

I think if they can do that and somehow encourage people to interact early without sending them back to the menu screen (like a 30s countdown one time revive after death during Day/Night 1 ) we could see the early game less of a ResidentSleeper
>>
>>454950
I just tried the new tutorial after reading this, and I agree, I don't feel as if the game told me nearly enough of what I would need to know to properly play the game. I get that there's a lot of features that weren't in the game when it was remade, but I wasn't comfortable with how oversimplified it made some things without explaining others (i.e. In Tutorial 3, the game lets you fight the bears in Uptown, and you can do that for as long as you want without penalty. Should you be doing that, though? The answer is no, but the tutorials don't tell you that.)
Maybe I'm just being negative about it, but if I treat the tutorials as if I have never played a moba/rts/video game in my life, I don't feel like I'm learning the right lessons. Like, the game tells me that I should be crafting things, but it doesn't tell you what can go with what, or what you can do with it, so I just have these ten funny trinkets in my inventory. Then, the game tells me I should drop items without a yellow triangle, I guess I should remove this bread and water. Except the tutorial doesn't tell you about food and is actually jacking up your sp regen, so you don't actually understand why that bread and water is important
Overall, it's just not a very educational new player experience
>>
Love the game and the characters but I don't like that normals are immortals stomping bronze players. Sucks when the only issue in a multiplayer game is the playerbase size, because there's no fixing it.
>>
>>455268
sounds horrible but I like the idea of free kills.
>>
>>436192
>I wonder if he and Sissela will become the Ahri, Lux, etc of ERBS with 100 skins
considering she is basically Orianna,that's even funnier
>>
>>436903
I don't really get how to read this chart-
Like is Adriana really that hard to learn? I think the only fact she have that incredible dash make her at least feel like "uh ok,I need to see how to use those skills but at least I can run away if thing go bad"
I tried all the character at least once and I can't say eleven felt super super hard ,but for sure the girl with the motobike it's still a mistery to me after 2 whole games
>>
>>437129
>>437075
I sweat,it must me that you control 2 characters at once,but my pc can urn the game "fine" under normal condition but somehow while using her pass the limit and start going uder 30 fps lol
>>
>>455348
some of them simply can't get a game in ranked and want to actually test stuff against people
others just need the ego trip of beating down people who are walking around with blue weapon at 5min
>>
Just learned Tomsorcer left the game for good. The most devoted content creator (at least 1/3 ERBS video guides on Youtube are his) who even has his own emote in the game and he was never even ranked high enough to face long queue times. When such guy leaves you game you know for sure that the game is fucked. Like completely fucked without any chances for anything anymore. Done. Good job, devs!
>>
>>456067
'ok'
>>
>>456067
This shit is constantly said about every content creator higher than "literally who"-tier, cmon.
>>
>>456067
>>456116
Probably actually the person in question lol.
>>
>>456067
His viewerbase completely dropped off when he left the game if you Twitch Stats his page. Hi Tomsorcer, trying to get attention?
>>
>>456305
I know. Everyone knows who follows him He himself knows. People were asking him to return to ER because ER is the only reason anyone ever gived a fuck about Tomsorcer. He still doesn't want to. That why I'm saying ER is a fucked game. Completely and utterly fucked. It repels even the most devoted to such degree they're ready to lose everything they made in a year, just not to play this awful, insanely bad designed clusterfuck of a game.
>>456116
He wasn't above "literally who" by any standards except for this game's standards. In this game he and Scaz are the only content creators that ever mattered at least in the West. If he's not an important person for this game to lose, this game has literally nothing to lose. And that's probably the case.
>>
>>456331
He doesn't want to because he wasn't as good as he thought he was. Started complaining a lot about losing and getting stream sniped. Welcome to streaming a battle royale. First time?
>>
With the game dying which streamer do you watch now?
>>
File: 5qyweh.jpg (29 KB, 500x485)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>456305
iirc he was that shoichi main and every time he died it was because of X balance reason or Y other factor and it was like why do people watch him
>>
>>436015
I loved the art of the first game but the 3D models don’t do it for me
>>
>>456573
He had zero positivity. Not to mention he stopped making Youtube videos because one recent video just didn't perform as well as his past videos.

He wasn't making content for the game because he wanted to. Only because it made him money and once that stopped, he started complaining especially when the Youtube Algorithm suddenly started to not favor him.
>>
>>456584
Yeah they made some of the 3D models a bit less elaborate (for the most part, Chiara is actually significantly more detailed in her ERBS model than her default skin in OGBS) mainly so they're not a total nightmare to animate
It's worth noting that many skins in OGBS don't have animations for actions (Live2D) they just stand there as part of the HUD and don't react to anything.
>>
>>456697
>Chiara is actually significantly more detailed in her ERBS model than her default skin in OGBS
In regards to artstyle, absolutely not.
>>
>>456697
>>456720
I think I'm missing something,isn't the original game you guys are talking about the one for phones with no 3d models at all?
Tried it and couldn't see the appeal,I even thought that they made that later just as an easy project for mobile
>>
I'm trying to understand the mindset of Fiora onetricks
Like at what point do you get bored of playing the same old one-dimensional character for hundreds of matches where the game is basically playing itself and you're just watching whether win or lose because every encounter you get into is basically decided by a spreadsheet
>>
>>456697
How many Black Survival games are there?
I thought there was just some weirdo-schmierdo Phone game and that's it.

Played trios today with newfrens and we got 2 epic victory royale wins, game's a lot of fun.
Eleven, Aya (Pistol, put your pitchforks down) and 3rd person played Hyejin first and Cathy after that.
Eleven is a lot of fun until some fucker CC's you and you lose that Big Burger BAP.
Made a shitty youtube shitpost video of those 2 matches as Eleven BAP'ing fools.
Don't look for it.
>>
>>457008
Only two. The original and this game. Made by the same devs.
>>
>>456768
I'm still learning her. Like literally, I played 40 games with her using the exact same route and I wasn't bored at any moment, because I learn something new every single game. Like who I can or can't fight and why. Who I can't beat under any circumstances, who I can defeat under special circumstances and so on. And that's just one build. And yes, that's the easiest one-dimensional character.
>>
>>456331
>most devoted
lmao
>>
File: 12876381.png (3.19 MB, 2829x692)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB PNG
>All these fun characters are stuck in this sinking ship of a game
It's plain as day this game's just not going to take off in the west. The devs have acknowledged the 5 minute looting and dying in your first fight isn't a fun gameplay loop for the average player. They need to take this game in a totally different direction if they want it to survive. The battle pass is pretty solid and people still don't care. They said they're going to 70 characters but I don't see it lasting that long at the rate its going.
>>
>>457367
>The battle pass is pretty solid
Oh wow,3 skins for a game where you tend to use only 2/3 character and learn them well,and extra garbage to spam in a game where "no guys,don't waste 2 seconds doing chicken,if you do game is basically already lost"
>>
File: 1636522244668.jpg (28 KB, 327x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>457374
Any battlepass that gives you the currency to buy the next batlepass is solid in my book. Its easy to grab with all the gems the game gives out even as a f2p and will essentially completely refund itself. I don't like how sweaty the game is ether but I've seen much worse
>>
>>457379
>Any battlepass that gives you the currency to buy the next batlepass is solid in my book
Oh wait,didn't notice that.
I guess you are right then,but I dunno if they will continue that way
>I don't like how sweaty the game is ether but I've seen much worse
I think every MP game get sweaty at higher level,BS is not anything special
>Uh you path bad and you lose the game bro
In league,you attack a minion wrong and an high level player will punish you by freezing/pushing/poking/all-in and from there is basically gone if you are not good too
The point is League have enough player to match beginners with beginners (and even there,it's not exactly THAT easy) while this one doesn't
>>
I think one of the problem of this game is that with all the resource basically already on the map,the meta revolve around "full build in 4 minute and then you start playing from there"
Fighting early is just a bad idea because in the end while 2 waste time fighting other are already making their full build and you basically gain nothing from that fight

That said,how the game work right now is what make the current players stick to it so I dunno if it's a good idea to just change it a lot just for the hope of a bigger playerbase
>>
>>457418
I think the issue they have is that changing the formula does not guarentee that it will get a long-term increase in playerbase but might push away even more people than those who gradually get fed up with it.
Despite everything they've done a good job advertising ERBS, it's just the vast majority of people have tried it and decided it wasn't for them.
For me it's less about the 3-4min building time than it's also the queue times and the other delays inbetween that mean losing your first fight is something that sets you back closer to 10min if not more
>>
>>458023
Yeah,that's exactly my point
Let's take for example (spoiler,it's a bad idea) that they change the game to be something like "you receive money around and by killing animals and you spend them around to find the components you need. Also you have 3 revive per game,then you are out (dying to red zone and in the last moments this rule get ignored)"
Now the game is a bit more "digestable" for people coming fro league and such,but it's just a different shit for people that like it now.
You lose them,but the new players try the game,have fun for 1 week and then "mh..I'll just return to league,I felt more invested there anyway"
The end.
>the queue times
The queue time are just the result of the game not having enough players,even league have problem matching players sometimes and the playerbase is fking massive
That said,people could ignore that if the game was fun to them
In fortinite early on the lobbies where filled with a giant spread of skills levels and people still loved it.
>>
>>458090
To be able to make drastic changes (which this game undoubtedly needs if it wants better retention and not to scare newbies away by the amount of info you must learn to play properly) devs should all think about what features define this game first and thus can't be changed. After that they can take any other aspects and try to change them/make them more accessible.
>>
>>458117
>what features define this game first and thus can't be changed
I think that the features that define the games are also the one that kinda make it not super popular
Like people love fighting,trading blows,killing etc...
But the game make it so doing it early is not a good idea

Maybe making early items better compared to endgame one could help a bit,like sure you didn't complete your weapon by night 1,so you have decent disadvantage,but it's not autolose
>>
>>458163
I think traps should be more accessible. This way you can outplay your wep disadvantage. But honestly this will just make top players even deadlier.

The good thing with MOBAs is that the gold - the main source of items - is evenly spread at the timed intervals that depend on creeps. In ER, your build only depends on your own speed.

Maybe they should split the item pools into 2-3 stages/days, so some items will only appear after day 2/3 start, with all recipes reworked ofc. This way no matter how fast you are, you won't have better than green weapon day 1, blue day 2, purple/gold day 3. Instead you can only fight and maybe make food/traps.
>>
File: 87230279_p0_master1200.jpg (182 KB, 650x950)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>try to kill a pistol aya early
>they get away
>shank the next two people
>later on throw myself at wicke cos otherwise mister TTV on his ranged character will just pubstomp
>eleven and her countless among us happy meals gets in my way
>then the same aya who is apparently very salty as I discover later
>ignore the other penguin in the lobby since she's tank amp with OCW
>try my luck with mister streamer
>lose, stick in the postgame lobby and turn on his stream to see who wins
>their chat is complaining about a mere penguin who can only rightclick from range for 12 seconds
why are they like this
>>
File: rosaliohyun.png (69 KB, 205x165)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
Bianca's Model and Vocal Preview is out now: https://twitter.com/_EternalReturn_/status/1460841335691231238
>>
>>458169
>Maybe they should split the item pools into 2-3 stages/days, so some items will only appear after day 2/3 start, with all recipes reworked ofc. This way no matter how fast you are, you won't have better than green weapon day 1, blue day 2, purple/gold day 3. Instead you can only fight and maybe make food/traps
I considered that,but it could make it even more complex for new players
>uh so I need to go area 1 to 3 first day,then I need 1 again but I need to search all again for new items,then 5 then I need to return to 3 but only on the third day

Also that doesn't really change the fact fighting is always a risk you usually don't want to take,people would just farm more animals
>>
Laura's concept art has been released
>>
File: Laura.png (415 KB, 1000x1080)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>458812
Original one was better...
>>
>>458418
what is a penguin in ERBS?
>>
>>458968
That goes for all the characters.
>>
>>458983
some clumsy nun who waddles around and threatens to hit people with a stick
>>
>>458418
Jealous that aya isn't as cute I guess
>>
File: 535735753.png (57 KB, 227x381)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
apart from JP and Echion, is there any other unconventional characters that don't translate particularly well to Eternal Return's format?
>JP is basically hacking plus maybe other stuff but not good in a fight
>Echion would either be like Kayn where he has to hit people to grow his weapon but can't really do it without dying or just throws out the claw evolution entirely and is generic glove character
>>
>>459073
yea ok, but chiara doesn't really waddle... does she?
>>
>>459291
Look at her colors. She's clearly a penguin.
>>
>>458997
Some are fine,some even better in my personal taste (like new barbara design is cool)
But this seem like quite the big downgrade

>>459137
No character is unique enough to not fit,if you notice even character that looked quite not combat focused gained a full set of skills out of the air (I don't remember Sua being able to summon shit) and sissela had no Wilson at all. They will find a way.
I imagine JP will get electricity/hacking based skills focused on CC and weakning
>>
>>436015
hue hue hue
>>
>>459343
>mostly black and white
>slow and awkward on land
>is always cold
>eats fish
>dies randomly to things bigger and faster than them
sounds about right
>>
>>459343
>>459393
ok i see the joke, you guys just like bullying Chiara >:(
>>
File: 1616915328980.png (486 KB, 746x740)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
Played the game for about 2-3 Weeks now, these are my experiences playing things and playing against things.
>>
File: a tall order.png (214 KB, 2224x1620)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>459518
no one is bullying chiara for any reason at all
that would just be cruel
>>
I hate luke so damn much
>>
>>459556
Eva is by proxy completely unplayable since the entire lobby will attempt to kill you on sight not because it benefits them but because it stops you doing eva things
Also Chiara will be broken as shit if they ever make an ice slopes zone
belly slide wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>459660
Yeah, her W is basically unusable unless you are playing against a Bot, so it's a slow field at best.
And her Passive Balls rarely hit too, she just feels bad.
>>
Bianca's character spotlight is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooBMu66UtBU
>>
>>460077
>trailer just show her doing random shit
>people in the comment say "I wish they did one esplaining a bit her skills"
>devs answer "It's either this or nothin unfortunately for the time being. Skills are often tweaked a little up until like the day before release so we don't want to put out videos with wrong information. It confuses people!"
This scream "amateur devs" so fking much it's hurt

>>459677
Her passive remind me of Comet from league,and surprise surprise,basically the only one that even consider taking it can CC/slow a lot targets so that the actual orb hit.
>>
>>460077
shit music choice.
dumb gooks.
>>
>>460077
If she's just Vladimir with neutral mobility I'm firebombing NN's offices
>>
>>460109
A lot of abilities seem to be actually direct transforms of League abilities.
Aya W is like Lucian's Ult
Eleven E is like Zac jump
Adriana's Fire Tar is kinda like Rumble's Ult
etc.

I think they designed it deliberately so League players have a point of reference when trying this out, just instantly going like "ah yeah, this is just like that one champ from league"
>>
>>460417
Can't believe Magnus spin is a direct copy of Garen spin which is a direct copy of Blademaster spin.

Fuck off.
>>
>>460476
Dota also copied League down to gameplay and mechanics but people aren't angry because Dota is a big game, but when small game like Eternal Return also copies League people become toxic.
>>
>>460417
More like,
ability designs in moba tend to occupy a similar space
>>
>>460417
Similar abilities are 100% fine,League invented nothing,just was the first to apply them to a game /the most famous to do it.
But I do believe some champs are veery similar to league one
Bernice is what you get when you mix Cait/Graves/Quinn
Chiara take a lot from swain
Rio is basically ashe+Varus
Shoici have pretty much katarina gimmick
Sissela have half of Orianna kit
Williams have pretty much Draven gimmick

Like,I agree >>460533
You can't pretend to do a character that's 100% new,not even league is really doing that a lot those days,but some seem to take a pretty heavy inspiration

>>460476
Another good example,swinging your weapon around is pretty generic,but how generic is "trasform and deal damage all around while healing from it,with the ability to end it for an extra burst"?
How generic is "I control some sort of orb that I can throw away to do damage,move again from that point or returning it to me for a shield"?

And it's not like they can't make interesting one,League have no real marionette champ for example
>>
>>460599
>Varus
>Rio
but that's Nadine?
>>
>>460606
Rio skill throw a single strong arrow with range,but I agree Nadine is more appropriate because of the charge time indeed
>>
>>460599
>League have no real marionette champ for example
lol annie
lol orianna
lol camille
lol gwen

LOL
>>
>>460651
????
What are you talking about?
None of those is anything close to Chloe and btw Orianna is Sissela
>annie
You throw the "puppet" with your R to stun shit,not part of your kit
>camille
???
>Gwen
ohoh very funny
And you didn't even said Shaco

I'm talking about a character that is composed of 2 permanent one both targettable by enemies and both used in pretty much all your skills
>>
>>460498
>>460599
Don't feed the newfag redditniggers, just hide the post.
There is a difference between something completely one dimensional and simplistic like a "spin attack" and something that is clearly direct transform of something more complex, like Zac's Jump and Eleven's Jump basically being the same thing down to the UI and interaction.

>>460533
That's a very narrow-minded and one-dimensional take.
There is plenty of design space for more complexity, but they very clearly chose to target league crowd with those copies.
>>
>>460749
Indeed,my point is not even that eleven jump is a clear copy of zac one etc...but when you randomly check survivors and you find that basically ALL of them share at least one (sometimes even 2) abilities with league characters,you can't really use the "there is not a lot of space for different shit" excuse

That said,you may like it or not,but league designs just work,trying to do anything to be different mean trying to do anything to make em NOT work
>>
>>460767
Oh yeah definitely, i don't mind that they copied anything, it's just a thing that i noticed.
It's a strategic design choice, the problem is that they seem to fall on their noses in other aspects.
They had a sponsorship deal with some vtubers right?
Why not with actual league players, people that have big exposures in that area?
I feel like if they had targetted people like Tyler1 for example, it'd had been greater success.
>>
>>460786
T1 would have been interesting, he'd have gravitated towards William pretty quick once he realised it's somewhat Draven-like but I think he would not like the wall of intricacies ER starts with
>>
>>460795
And then somebody tells him about Sniper Aya

I also feel like, strimmers known for getting streamsniped (forsen, xqc) would be entertaining as exposure, because then you'd have a huge influx of new players and the matches aren't that onesided from new player perspective anymore, because it's a strimmer and a bunch of presumable new player viewers that try to snipe his lobby.
In those cases you are actually getting people to play, while other sponsor deals like the vtubers or for example CohhCarnage, none of their viewers actually ever play the games that they play, it's all just TV-type of viewers.
>>
>>460803
yeah true, I had a look at the game after xQc's sponsor even tho it was just him and his chat shitting on the game full time
>>
its very obvious they heavily copy league rather than just sharing a design space
simply go look at another game in the genre and compare leagues characters to theirs and you will see they are very different, which means ER is very much copying league
just take a look at dota or hots and its very clear this is the case.
>>
>>461019
Dota heavily copied League as well.
>>
>>461108
In what way.
>>
>>460786
I dunno how much that could work,people would look at it and say "oh wow,another moba stealing league characters,Mobile legends amirite?"
People need to FIRST discover the game and its mechanics and THEN gravitate on character they may be familiar with

about streamers,I remember they did a charity tournament and one team had c9vienna and keepitTaco,for what is worth
>>
>can repel a yuki with 3 mastery up on me and 4 transitional items as basic jan
and then the lobby donated him wicke so I lost anyway
>>
what is the combo for kickbox man anyway
apart from "just fucking sprint at them"
>>
>be new
>be Fiora
>collect trash and just exist
>everyone sees you and runs the opposite direction
>free meteorites
>get into top 4 just by virtue of existing
>get jumped by sweaty nigger yuki smurf account faggot
>die
>WOW ANON GOOD JOB YOU ARE SO GOOD HERE IS +1247618275 MMR WELCOME TO MASTERS LEAGUE
faggot game.
>>
why is this game so fucking dead in europe i just wanna play rozzi!!!!!!
>>
Is eva kinda fucked up
>>
>>461665
What do you mean?
>>
Its 2 AM and I want to play solos but I'm in europe
What are my options
>>
>>461699
Don't because you can't queue right now since something funky is going on. My chat is being spammed with "You have left." and it keeps cancelling matchmaking.
>>
>>461665
>is character with an instakill on a 5sec CD fucked up
yea
>>461599
Me every time I gain MMR for bopping one idiot early on then not finding anyone at all while some dipshit on the "characters never allowed to not be S tier" list oneshots the entire lobby
>>
>>461718
They finally fixed that exploit. (Probably).
>>
>Run around collecting items
>see some enemies,but we all decide it's just not worth having an actual fight
>eventually complete full build,start searching for fighting
>somehow there was a bloodbath,only 8 remaining
>have 1 (one) fight with another player
>eventually we get to the final area without me being able to do much
>fk up my combo at the start,die
How I'm supposed to learn a survivor if I get 2 fights every 4 minute lobby +15/20 minute gameplay
>>
>>461948
if your queue times are relatively low and you're trying to learn a survivor just throw your face at anyone who won't obviously just decimate you and get in practice that way - most lobbies are pepo enough that even if you're a bit behind as a result you're probably fine
>>
>>461949
Depending,I even had 4 minute time for Queue
I tried the bots at the hardest difficulty,but that just doesn't work

Like bots are not even programmed to actually play,if you activate a surv camera you can litterally see them stand still and attack each other doing 0 damage lol
>>
File: 557537537532732573.png (1.01 MB, 2776x1636)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>Q is STILL a sack of shit
despite this, people still think you missing this is their cue to go in. Into your E.
>>
>>462226
Crit shitter spotted. Nice upslots loser, I'll see you in the final three.
>>
The holos were sponsored again today, if anyone caught that stream
>>
>>462226
>>462324
>play her expecting some sort of mage-like build
>it's actually a crit attacker
Is a skill-amp build viable on her at all?
>>
>>462324
I have no idea what any of that even means.
>>462420
Not really since they've nerfed all of her amp stuff into the ground so it only works in squads where you use RP & WCF for the flat amp during your ult, build full tank and hope your team can kill everyone before your tiny HP pool gives out.
She was supposed to work as a mage but then they decided they didn't like her maxing W and E instead of Q and then they nerfed Q anyway because designing characters who aren't just statchecks and/or linear skill 'combo's is hard
>>
>>462488
The game as a whole feel pretty statchecky considering the survivor kits are not exactly incredibly skill intense and the deciding factor usually boil to who completed more items anyway

I have been playing some normals those days,I can't litterally fight anyone with her,then I pick Rozzi and suddenly I get top 3.
I'm still not sure if I like the game or not lol basically 90% of the fight for me end up in "I ambush you I win,you ambush me you win
>>
>>462493
well yeah there's a reason I've just been playing Jan lately
>>
I saw this on the discord. What's the story behind this image?
>>
>>462537
"She was sent to an exclusive catholic church at her birth. She was brainwashed with Omnipotence of His Almighty everyday. When she was finally allowed to leave the compound, she intentionally went deep into the dark and dirty places to preach, as she believed that God will protect her. She was eventually kidnapped. As she spent her time in human traffic market, she was forced into acts she deemed lowly and filthy. A denial of God started growing in her mind that caused her to be disgusted with herself.

She goes crazy when she sees beautiful and noble things because of her dissatisfaction with herself."
From the wiki
>>
>>462537
Pre-ruin Chiara, back when she was a young nun at the convent seeking to be as devout as she could be. She was a perfectionist who would re-do tasks like knitting and cooking if it had even a slight defect, but meant she struggled to forgive the mistakes of others, coming across to the rest of her sisters as quite stubborn.

Eventually she left the compound believing, under God's protection should could convert the wicked to Christianity, which at that point the reality of the world crashed down upon her. She believed this happened to her because she had apparently committed the unforgivable act of sin and was punished by God as a result.

The rest is just NN's lorewriters kicking her while she's down, including pic related where the Arbiter skin in Black Survival which has altered voicelines - these portray her descent into insanity and belief that she is to act as a divine purifier, with a duty to seek out those deemed to have sinned and slay them wherever she finds them.
>>
nigger game
eat my asshole
i quit
>>
>>462698
Thanks for staying with us.
>>
>>462552
Why this story doesn't match at all the one written in the official wiki?
It's some hidden lore coming from some shadowy place of just fancanon?
>>
>>462537
I want to restore that smile. That skin better make to ERBS.
>>
>>462777
The official wiki has some pretty notable gaps / there's unlockable research journals within OGBS + stuff from the Aglaia Passes
>>
Are there any good beginner guides out there? Just trying to focus on the fundamentals.
>>
File: Celine.png (1.56 MB, 2000x2000)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
SOON BOMB BROS
>>
File: 1613035012941.jpg (229 KB, 750x731)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
What are some beginner characters? Characters that are either easy to build and transition or pilot so I can try to get a better handle on the game before dying to someone with 5+ kills and several gold items.

I've got my eyes on:
Leonox
Silvia
Nicky
Chloe
Jenny
Daniel
>>
>>462877
There are none. Just eat shit until you start eating less shit, until you start feeding other players some shit: the game.
>>
File: mbxp4ikp5f171.jpg (58 KB, 838x720)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Jeez just why the hell can't I play this game for more than 1-2 weeks? The burning out is so strong I just can't. It doesn't even help that this game is BR, so you can't expect placing top 3 every game. But for some reason I differentiatee "good" loses (when you had decent start and actually had a chance to make it to the top) from "bad" ones (when you got pooped from the start so you might as well just go die to animals or red zone). And ofc "bad" loses are in the majority.

Also there is still zero guidelines for making good builds and routes. You only rely on sweaty KR pros and basically can't even improvize, because your builds will be crap anyway, since you just can't take all factors into account to make sure it's the fastest and relevant build out there.
>>
Patch notes for tomorrow night's patch: https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/175
>>
>>462984
Please god I just want some Pistol Aya buffs
>>
>>462984
>bianca weapon : Arcana
mh...in the og game she use blunt weapon,one of those is litterally called BAT,so we are going with...Arcana
>>
>When turned ON, weapon skills will be automatically leveled when reaching 7 and 14 weapon mastery.
There is some good reason why you may want to level up your wepon skill manually?
>>
File: 1633870419868.png (5 KB, 286x184)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>mfw i thought the healing augment nerf was already really bad as another indirect silvia nerf
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
who the fuck has such a hate boner for her at nn? just remove her from the game at this point

>>462960
nicky has also been pretty garbo since the gloves nerf, she can't do any damage without the tree glove
>>
>Crafting the same item over and over isn’t really a strategy fit for a battle royale
Look,it's not my fault you put Gold as ingredient for so many spell amp items,why would you punish people for that.
>>
>>463077
Did Silvia ever recover from the gun reworks in the first place? It's completely possible I was misinformed, but it sounded like that shit hit her hard.
>and then they go and take a fucking switch blade to her tires
>>
File: 76467367357.png (577 KB, 1000x1000)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
Literally what the fuck are NN doing at this point
>>
>>463036
None at all.
>>
File: 1604534422177.png (808 KB, 640x640)
808 KB
808 KB PNG
>>462420
>>462488
Amp Chiara is both playable and good—you give up an earlier spike for far greater scaling and easier upslots.
https://dak.gg/bser/routes/470964 is a decent build skeleton, and a 4 zone full build with Mistilteinn. Be quick about finishing your weapon+crown in Forest and you can pretty easily fight over Hotel tree, which you can turn into either Skadi or Glacials as your first transition item (I prefer Glacials since I highly value Sheath's raw attack power and ENAD defense).

After tree, play for force core + VF, Auto Arms is always loved on Chiara because of how high they've tweaked her ratios. Your VF item will ALWAYS be Queen of Hearts; with QoH and Mistelteinn you hit CDR cap and amp Chiara at cap is a monster with 3s Qs and a 19s ult reset.
Max R>Q>P>W>E and take literally whatever augments you want. I prefer Bloodline for extended pokes, but Frailty Infliction and Frenzy are also staples. I don't care as much for Amp Drone or Oblivion Can Wait, but I see them run often enough.
Amp Chiara's playstyle is focused on abusing your slipperiness, outspacing your opps through a combination of Stigma movespeed, Q slow, E root, and soaking as much damage with your shield as you can manage. You definitely suffer against characters who can force their way in (2h Yuki is a menace), but you can kite most melees to death if you're patient, and you have enough bulk to jump on and statcheck other poke survivors.
tl;dr give amp Chiara a try because it's fun and you do a lot of upslotting.
>>
>>462877
Try and watch either some livestreams or youtube footage, unironically. ERBS has a lot of mechanics, but they're NOT as unintuitive as they first seem. Simply by watching someone who knows what they're doing play through a match or two, you should get a solid understanding of how to route/contest objectives/farm up.
>>
>>463159
I mean,the only reason I could see is if a skill give you an istant effect on level up,and I don't think there is anything (right now)

>>463163
>you give up an earlier spike for far greater scaling and easier upslots
Considering I get killed early on her on the normal build (I'm bad I guess) you got me interested,I will try it for sure
Just one think,I'm still new to the game,what upslotting mean? Somethine like being efficient with how you build your items?
>>
>>462984
At least they nerfed Sissela/10
>>
File: 1604534422176.jpg (46 KB, 680x514)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>463180
Chiara's early game is rough, without a doubt. Without her weapon she's a pushover, and even with it she's not that comfortable picking fights until she's full build. You CAN still pick and win fights thanks to how powerful your ult is, but learning when and how is something that'll come with more experience. You can usually, for example, frag the Ayas that show up to Hotel tree without too much trouble.
Upslotting is the process of replacing your planned build with better items, usually ones that can only be crafted with objective-exclusive materials (e.g., meteorite, tree of life, mithril, force core, and VF blood sample).
Upslots for amp Chiara are as follows:
>Never replace Mistilteinn (Meteor Claymore's raw attack power doesn't compensate for Mistil's whopping 15% amp and cdr, and you don't build crit damage to get the most from Claymore's passive)
>Imperial Crown->Mithril Helmet (Mithril is better before Queen of Hearts, worse than Crown after because you'll overcap on cooldown reduction)
>Amazoness Armor=EOD Suit->Queen of Hearts (Amazoness/EOD are great defensive items, QoH massively increases your damage potential)
>Sheath of Shah-Jahan=>Bracelet of Skadi->Auto Arms (Sheath is competitive with Skadi due to its massive attack power and ENAD defense, while Skadi gives you more health and more Plague aura damage. Auto Arms is far superior to both)
>EOD Boots->Tachyon Brace -> Glacial Shoes = Taproot = Boots of Hermes (Tachyon gives you pre-QoH cdr, Glacials give you infinite SP and more damage, Taproot/Hermes make you even tankier)
>White Crane Fan = Kundala -> Sanguine Gunbai (While it seems strange that your stock accessory competes with a legendary upslot, the anti-healing component of Crane Fan can overcome Kundala's massive stats. Gunbai can overcap CDR with QoH, but its movespeed and damage passives still make it better than Crane Fan. In a world where you don't need to apply anti-healing, Kundala is your highest damage accessory)
>>
File: 1599104590464.jpg (157 KB, 960x960)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>463180
>>463205
In general, you should always prioritize getting one Glacial Ice item (Skadi or Shoes). With either (or even both) of them, you'll have near-infinite SP for the drawn-out fights that amp Chiara prefers, and your ult will do noticeably more damage. I prefer Glacial Shoes because Amazoness gives you plenty of raw defense, health, and skill damage reduction, so the defense loss from EODs is not as noticeable as the increased damage/movespeed/regen from Glacials. Replacing Sheath with Skadi is perfectly fine, except that you WILL lose Q damage and W shield strength for it.
After securing your tree item, hunt for a monk robe and bandages to prep your Queen of Hearts and Auto Arms (Bandage+Monk Robes and Bandage+Leather, respectively).
A route that works well is to teleport from Hotel to Temple after finishing your build (you can also pick up an extra Gemstone there if you didn't get all three in Forest). Kill animals, gather your upslot components, and be mindful of ongoing fights—Chiara is one of the best third-partiers in the game, thanks to Plague's R2 leap+execute. If you see two people getting each other low, jump in at the last moment, pop ult, and watch them both scramble away.
In general, you want to avoid ever fighting fair: your charged Q has a massive range and a respectably thick hitbox, and you should abuse it to poke and slow enemies from an entire screen away. If they try to get in, E + W should help you make space. Your goal is to whittle them down while you regen (with Vampiric Bloodline, or food if you went another augment), until eventually they're weak enough for you to turn and kill with ult. (If you're getting bullied early, don't be afraid to pop ult as a threat display to get someone to fuck off—just make sure that you get out of there as well; you're weakest with your ult down.)
I find amp Chiara to be a very fun kite-and-kill character who interacts with the crafting system extensively thanks to her slot many upgrades.
>>
>>462882
I'm actually pretty excited to see what they do for her kit

>>462960
Silvia gets nerfed pretty often, so play at your own risk
Lenox is not great currently from what I understand
The other 4 are ok, but imo Jenny and Chloe are kind of hard to pilot for newer players
>>
This just in: Bianca's broke.
>>
>>463818
>infalliable goddess of lumia island who is mechanically unkillable for anyone who can't instantly burst her entire health bar
gee
>>
File: 94364469_p1_master1200.png (716 KB, 850x1200)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
>>463859
>>463818
This sums her up pretty well.
>>
File: Copeara.png (25 KB, 548x650)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
IT'S GOING TO GET BETTER
IT HAS TO
>>
Who're some good beginner characters for a scrub who's never played many MOBA's before?
>>
>>463960
Jackie, Jan, Rio, Fiora, Rozzi and Yuki are all simple to play and relatively safe picks in any situation
>>
>>463880
>tfw new Chloe player
>tfw this bitch just won't die
I feel like baiting out the coffin is all I can do. Or test out better builds.
>>
File: 1620007194433.png (154 KB, 326x326)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
they didn't test bianca at all did they
>>
I liked a lot the mobile game despite the korean hardcore autists with instant reaction times
will i enjoy this one
>>
>>464124
Instant reactions not required unless you play exclusively Shoichi.
>>
>>463880
New player adventures continue
I scored an Adela and Aya win, pretty stoked
And made bad videos of 'em too, it was fun
>>
>>464124
If you can't into speedrunning just skip it. Enjoy meeting full built tryhards on 1st night twoshotting you with 1-2 purples at best.
>>
File: lemonchiara.png (728 KB, 794x1800)
728 KB
728 KB PNG
>playing Jan as a detox
>rando crit Chiara gets 5 kills off pepos
>runs at me with 3 mastery advantage
>loses hilariously
might need an 18th nerf
also what the fuck is bianca lmfao
>>
File: 91598954_p0.jpg (521 KB, 1693x1019)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
I took a long hiatus from this game, how are Barbara and Jackie at present? I haven't tried Nicky yet, she came out after I stopped playing but is she solid or commonly played at all?
>>
>>464792
Nicky doesn't exist unless she's a burst mage. Barbara is still disgusting in the right hands. Jackie is Jackie, a pub stomper.
>>
File: 1618692590438.png (1.5 MB, 1796x1788)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>464792
>Barbara
Recently tried her out and gave up after 5-6 matches, people just walking away from her ults was too depressing. In the entire top100 KR there is like 1 guy with 2% Barbara games and that's it, so i might be onto something.
>Jackie
Still solid and with the usual unwinnable or faceroll matchups.
>Nicky
She was okay until they nerfed her good glove + glove skill into ground, now she tickles and only has a chance against the squishiest characters. She's good at ratting, i guess.
>>
File: 94238420_p0.png (1.79 MB, 1545x2389)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>464817
>>464826
Barbara always just kind of clicked for me so once I get readjusted to routing and getting all of the new mechanics and items down I'll probably be okay. Sucks about Nicky though, she's just my type.
>>
>>436903
>tfw my first 4 purchased characters are Lenox, Adela, Adriana, Emma
Lmao. My next buy is the vamp loli is she any easier?
>>
>>464885
I'd think she's the easiest considering she does target max HP % damage.
>>
File: zahir.png (459 KB, 977x1200)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
Why does no one play him? He's pretty easy to use, has solid damage, and absolutely mauls the melee ungas people cry about. Yet I'm lucky if I see even one of them every 5 games. Why?
>>
>>464111
Someone asked under the official reveal video "I wish they would esplain each skill a bit better" and they litterally answered
>we can't,because the character can still change a lot until the last few days before it's out
No,they didn't test her
>>
>>464992
Gooks don't test anything. I bet they send around the steam auth token in plain text.
>>
File: 296661956.gif (82 KB, 800x450)
82 KB
82 KB GIF
>feel like I'm getting better
>consistently getting kills every game, successfully building/prepping transitional items
>always end up getting throttled by the guy with way more experience who goes on to win the match
AAAAAAAAAAAA
JUST ONE WIN
>>
>boot up the game
>3 minute searching for a game
>3/4 minute getting garbage to make items
>Someone with full item already destroy me
>3 more minute searching for a game
>someone doesnt accept,more 3 minute into the game
>3/4 minute searching garbage to make items
>some idiot decided that it's right to overchase a long fight that can go 50/50
>get eventually third party-ed and we both die
>3 minute searching the game
>minute 1 some idiot decide it's ok to start fight and chase that early
>eventually he get it's not worth it,but now we are both behind ,ready to get fked by someone that got the items
>Someone with full item already destroy me
The real problem I have it's not "buhuh I should get top 5 every game",but that in 25 minute of gameplay the only thing I did was searching for items and I'm not even sure about how much better I could have played the fights. Basically it feel like next time I open the game I'm back to 0 without any actual experience gained
>>
>>464111
2 week development cycles do that to you
>>
>>464989
no mobility & people can't seem to land skillshots even tho it's just wait for predictable movement and use E
>>
I'd totally hit Bianca
with a crowbar
>>
>>465448
So chuuni it hurts.
>>
>>465044
Don't bother with this game
>>
NN doesn't realise that you can't design characters the sole purpose of pissing people off when your game is already struggling for players
like yeah bianca was a really great addition guys good job raises all round
>>
How do I avoid ever entering the field of view of a Jackie for fear of getting chased down through 5 zones and eventually killed with no counterplay because she can't be avoided and always has 5+ kills? I've stopped playing Lenox completely solely because of Jackies.
>>
File: chiaranerfs.png (125 KB, 341x418)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>ignoring characters on their bad weapon, third lowest soloQ winrate behind johann (who is at 0% WR) and yuki
>have seen a grand total of two in my last 20 games and neither achieved anything
>pretty much every known onetrick has dropped her for other characters
It's actually fucking over
>>
>>466269
By stopping playing this game I suppose
>>
>>466360
Don't worry Chiarabro, her rework is on the way
>>
File: Adela.png (645 KB, 2048x1411)
645 KB
645 KB PNG
>ground-targeted nuke
>but wait, zahir has one that's easier to land
>cc
>but wait, zahir has some that's easier to land
>aoe ult
>but wait, zahir has one that's easier to land
>mspd after stacking 3 pawns
>but wait, zahir gets mspd on every single skill cast
Remind me why people play Adela again?
>>
Why do you stupid fucks continue making and replying to this thread? It's a bad game made by bad gook developers. Stop feeding it. Let it die. It deserves to be sent into obscurity.
>>
>>466451
She's cute and Zahir is a nigger.
Simple as.
>>
>>466467
But anon, that applies to 90% of games out there.

>>466451
Adela doesn't have that incessant pulsing sound when moving around that gives me a headache.
>>
>>466451
Her footsteps are actual footsteps so people can't identify her just based on that
>>
>>466575
No it applies especially to this piece of shit game.
>>
File: i wonder.jpg (60 KB, 552x667)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>466467
>why are people talking about a game that they enjoy even if I don't
>>
>>466608
There's several others that think it's a piece of shit that doesn't deserve its playerbase. Come on.
>>
>>466406
>>466025
>NOOO GUYS WHY THE GAME DIED I TOUGHT IT WAS GETTING A LOT OF NEW PLAYERS
>>
>>466467
The real strange thing about this thread is that tecnically it's about the pc game but it's hidden in /vm purely because of the mobile game lol
>>
>>466706
vm is multiplayer....
vmg is mobile.
>>
>>466705
I don't care if this game dies anymore. Just seeing the same problems all newbies have over and over again, I know very few will stick around. If you still have hope for this game to get a massive hype on release, well that's pretty hilarious.

That also confirms my thoughts about the fact that only shooters can be balanced and fair battle royales. Other genres are just jack shit with either crappy balance, impossibility to comeback, or snowballing, or actually all of it at once.
>>
>>466742
When you base your entire game around being like a game that perpetually unbalanced and its entire player base constantly vocally complains about its balance what are u really expecting, are u expecting to be able to balance it with less resources?
it could be balanced, but not when they are rigidly trying to be a league of legends clone but in BR form for the base character design.
>>
>>466756
Moba are unbalanced by definition
But when in your Moba you die and the game end,with the final objective still being "I need to kill actual players",that became an even bigger problem
For example you can't really try to "scale safely" because for example you will eventually need to get some contested resources like tree or meteorite and either you are already good or you won't get it,and eventually you will still need to fight player,like any battle royale should be.
Maybe the problem was making it hero based istead of "your kit is based on what weapon/item you have" or at best they could have used the mobile game format of small passive/skills.
Something like sissela regen on damage taken and damage to other based on pain stacks,istead of "I summon wilson and become fking Orianna for the popular game league of legends"
>>
>>466756
But is it really our problem that NN has little resources? Like didn't they know how difficult it is to make such a game and how large of a initial budget did they need? I mean you can't just expect people clench their teeth and keep getting shit on every game for the sake of something that might not even happen in the future. Like, NN will look at teeth-clenching ppl and say "well I guess we don't need to balance things or make new player's experience more comfortable".

Okay they got Kakao's help, but what for? For making sure a new crappy balanced hero is released every 2 weeks? Did they even ask people if they need such speed? Maybe they need easier time playing, less frustration and more time sticking to favourite heroes instead of jumping from wagon to wagon of this hero hype train?
>>
>>466758
not all of them have balance issues, its far more prevalent in league than others in the genre, dota is fairly well balanced, hots always had most of the character quite well balanced with some notable exceptions, smite also has some balance issues but at least most of the cast is fine, but they also have a very league of legends based design philosophy, just doing a better job of executing it.

>>466761
Its not our problem, I am blasting them for making dumb choices, if a far larger company with far more employees who has been at it far longer then you aren't able to do it
why would u, a smaller company try to do it? what secret do you think that you have that they don't? what are you doing different?
and the answer is nothing, and thats why they are where they are.

I just don't think shooters are the only option for a balanced BR, I just think when u try to specifically copy a game that already has balance issues so closely, how are u not expecting to have balance issues?

battlerite royale flopped due to mismanagement, but its balance was fine, not a shooter, dota 2 has no problem being a quite well balanced game and its the same genre as league, so clearly thats also possible
its clear riots design philosophy creates balance issues (either intentionally or unintentionally), so why would u expect different when your building up from that, not caring about the issues of the foundation you are trying to go for is just dumb.

At the end of the day, the game isn't dying (or died) because of massive balance issues, it sure as fuck doesn't help, but it has so many issues on top of bad balance. Its pretty clear balance isn't the end all be all either, league of legends has horrible balance and is one of the most popular games in the world.
>>
>>466772
I never put balance issues on top of the list of problems this game should get rid of asap. It's as you said not helping, but tolerable in comparison to other disasters of a learning curve that many people had painful time overcoming (if they succeeded that is).
>>
Just stop playing this awful shitty gook game already. It's done. It's gone. Certain people are able to make it gone in the hacking community if they felt like it. But they're letting it flounder around instead of outright destroying it because it's funny to them.
>>
>>466451
Adela has actual mobility, better self-defence, better playmaking potential off Q range and actual chase
>>
Don't forget that gooks historically suck at designing good games, especially online games.
>>
>>466845
Gooks are good at designing good games, they just destroy them with their monetization and feedback reception. RIP Archeage.
>>
>play Silvia, an allegedly fast character
>run into an orange flaming healthbar Rio
>run in the opposite direction immediately
>four autoattacks from beyond my vision range from behind a bus kill me unmissably
I ran an entire lap around the map for this? Fuck me.
>>
>>466888
>Gooks are good at designing good games
Not
even
once

They always make mediocre at best copypasta of some existing game , without having understood the design and why it is the way it is AND THEN they ruin it with their faggot subhuman monetization.
>>
Cool to see people acknowledging the flaws in game design that some testers have pointed out since Alpha 2 ( when they would give out Google form feedback sheets) .

I don't know where NN get their feedbacks from nowadays but the Discord seem to be so biased toward high end competitive players that drown out the other voices
>>
Tia confirmed
Ardafans btfo
>>
>>467217
She looks tired
Also that squirrel is fucking cute
>>
Rosalio, Arda, JP are fucking never evers. Why are they focusing on newer characters before the fucking base cast?
>>
>>467472
>rosalio
have you seen his kit in OGBS? They'd have to make something completely new since there's nothing to work with there
>JP
they don't even know how to balance basic characters let alone an entire hacking gimmick
>arda
would basically be another noob stomper snowball character who gets nerfed for just that and falls off against anyone competent
>>
>>467539
Have YOU seen his kit in OGBS? His is pretty damn simple:
>Passive: Crits deal 180% damage.
>Performs an attack with its crit rate increased by half of the missing HP.

You can't get any simpler for Rosalio. It'd work just fine I dunno who you are kidding.

>JP
They need to balance hacking? It was supposed to be nearly meme-worthy impossible to do anyway. It wouldn't change here.

>Arda
Actually not sure for Arda.
>>
>>467553
Yeah, my point for Rosalio is that having a passive that gives him more crit rate, bat skill and a way to land one crit pretty reliably doesn't make for much of a character by himself, especially when we already have Focused Impact which is Rosalio as an item passive
>>
>>467558
>more crit rate
more crit damage* sorry
But ye I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the last ones
>>
>>467558
and? whats the problem with that? sounds good to me
>>
File: Archaeologist_Arda.png (1.38 MB, 1750x2750)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>467553
>Arda
My theory with him is that because he's all about digging up artifacts in the first game they're building him to want to go for rare items like meteor and tree. The reason he's taking so long is that they're still adjusting spawns and such for those items, they literally just added a slew of new Alpha and Omega spawn locations last patch and they still could for tree and meteor too. I think he's a similar case to JP where the mechanic he's interacting with isn't fully integrated into the game yet. That's the only explanation I can see as to why he was skipped.

I genuinely have no idea what happened to Rosalio, a lot of characters have voice lines that reference him but he's not even on the map yet.
>>
>>467869
I feel like people aren't really interested in Rosalio aside from a few complaints for OGBS legacy reason, also the character was linked to some office sexual harrassment
>>
>>467903
Office sexual harassment?
>>
File: 1612480157926.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>all this talking about transitioning your build
You will never win a match. You have no force core. You have no mithril. No Fiora will ever lose a statcheck to you. Other melee characters laugh at you in secret while pretending to accept you. You will always be walking around with optical camo suit and plasma arc. You will forever be doomed to ratting for 2nd while resenting those who took Wickeline and can just right click you on sight for the win.
>>
>>468221
kek
>>
>>468221
Would laugh at this meme if it wasn't my almost every fkcing game
>>
Celine preview just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHzgMG5alIA

Gross it's dubstep music.
>>
File: 725879236262363196.gif (84 KB, 128x72)
84 KB
84 KB GIF
>>469211
>Starts the video with her ass right in front of the camera
Nice
>>
>>469211
damn these trailers are soulless as hell. just some sad attempt at dynamic cinematography with generic music on top of it? how are they going to attract anyone with this
>>
>>469211
Isn't it synthwave
>>
Anyone else face a bug where the first time I fire up the game in a day I become unable to open the scoreboard for longer than a fraction of a second, causing me to be unable to view my route/resource locations?
>>
>>469546
Never had that. Almost sounds like you or your keyboard is double tapping Tab on press. Or whatever key you use to open the board.
>>
>>469550
My tab key is fully functional (i tested both online resources and other games) but no matter what I do with it or how long I hold the scoreboard only opens for a quarter-second.
It's ok, just checking if it's common. It also gives me an easy excuse for people who look at my dak/aya.gg uwu
>>
File: 655337575.png (690 KB, 527x750)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
so was that the only lumia bazaar we're gonna get or
>>
>>469211
That's not dubstep bro, it's closer to synthwave as was mentioned
>>
File: 1616953309846.png (660 KB, 709x462)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>1 kill Jackie kills enemy Bernice who had 10 kills
When will they stop this fucking braindead monstrosity? I hate entering a jackie's vision range meaning you instalose if you aren't ready to kill her.
>>
>>469804
sounds like a skill issue
>>
>>469851
It is a skill issue. Just like I have nutrition issues. But you can pick jackie, or you can take multivitamins.
>>
>>469804
I got the feeling that the jackie didn't pull off some amazing sword skill in reaction to the bola or anything like that.
>>
>>469804
Do you have the match ID? If you load up the replay you could check out the circumstances behind the kill
>>
>>469690
haha big sua baps poggies
>>
>>469943
Doesn't exist. You're just being baited.
>>
>>470117
>>469943
It's not a bait! 13823277. I was the Magnus (first time that match). Died to a freeze >:( and the Bernice died to Jackie.
>>
>>470147
I just viewed the replay, Bernice did fuck up by facechecking a bush but he crit Jackie in the face 4 times but she recovered over half her healthbar from lifesteal like the statchecking bitch she is.
>>
File: this man... is weak.png (711 KB, 847x1348)
711 KB
711 KB PNG
>>470147
That Bernice has a lot of kills, but he's not actually that ahead. He has 0 transition gear late game despite mowing down 10 people, completely ignored a free tree he could have turned into blazing dress instead of optic camo, his food is dogshit, he facechecked a bush without ult despite bernice having some of the easiest bushchecks in the game, and he doesn't know where his reload key is on his keyboard. He ran people down like an ape and he died like one despite having all the power not to. Do not mourn for him
>>
>>470241
Why would he take blazing instead of optic? Isn't crit way better than him having to facetank an enemy to get any damage out of the dress? I tried using the dress even on Barbara where you'd think it's perfectly synergistic and I didn't feel like the damage was worth dropping some defensive/offensive stats.
>>
File: my-image.png (875 KB, 1075x2048)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
>>470312
Seconding this, not sure why Bernice would want Blazing.
Rest was him being a retard.
>>
Okay I'm 70 hours in and I've gotten sick of this game five times already.
It honestly feels like they took all the most miserable and least fun-to-fight champions out of League of Legends and tried to make the entire cast nothing but that.
>>
File: hexHANGONASECOND.png (33 KB, 134x124)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>Login Failed
did I get banned
>>
>>470459
nvm desktop shortcut just broke for whatever reason
opening via steam works fine
>>
>>470424
There is literally zero champions from league that could be "fun to fight" and still be viable in this game. The TTK just doesn't allow it.
>>
File: siss.png (3 KB, 258x126)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McyWxKYdtUD3rC8zsLMfFOvbHI6jC_1okGU_6kKJVh8/edit#gid=0
imagine
>>
File: 984573952.png (2.76 MB, 1810x2576)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
Grinding the battle pass for this cute guitar slut
>>
File: biahe.jpg (72 KB, 344x344)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>470604
A reminder that the battle passes DO NOT EXPIRE. I REPEAT THEY DO NOT EXPIRE EVEN WHEN A NEW ONE IS OUT. So you can work on one for however long you want.
>>
>>470650
Sweet. I got 600 free NP i wonder when I'll be able to find more, to get the BPs all for free. heh.
>>
>>470650
Battlepass does not expire. But Eternal Return does. If you want to use that sexy Hart skin in a real game at least once, you better start grinding BP right now. There likely gonna be no Season 5 outside of Korea. Enjoy this game while it's alive.
>>
>>470650
>Battlepass doesn't expire even when next one starts
>Battlepass gives almost enough currency to buy next battlepass
Huh, this monetization scheme is refreshingly reasonable.
>>
>>470736
It's okay. Our hacker bros are on the case to make sure this gook game finally burns down.
>>
I mean when FANGS from Hidden Leaf Games and Project P from Odyssey Games hit the market (and they've already shown the gameplay to chosen people), there is no fucking way in hell at least 50% of the whole ER population in the West doesn't switch to those two games.
>>
>>470763
whomst
>>
>>470583
Brother behave
>>
>470747
>It's okay. Our hacker bros are on the case to make sure this gook game finally burns down.
>>
>>470424
It's a BR game so everybody should be able to do everything, maybe at different extents, but nonetheless. So ofc everybody will be annoying, bc all should have some displacement skill, some control, some damaging shit etc.
>>
>>470763
>some cringe battlerite rip-offs

Eh?
>>
File: 1638341200808.png (827 KB, 750x1000)
827 KB
827 KB PNG
>>470583
>SUA GEWEON
>28
>159cm &
> 4 9 kg
> 4
> 9
N E V E R
E V E R

WITH BAPS LIKE THOSE, NEVER EVER FORTY FUCKING NINE KILOS
GOOKS ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?!
HER BAPS ALONE ARE 49KG.
>>
>>471168
I've never seen 100 pound breasts anon. Perhaps lay off the "plus-sized" chicks.
>>
>>471168
imagine being squashed between those
it would be a stunning experience
>>
File: 67663868.png (231 KB, 549x608)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
will...deliver...christmas presents...for...a buff...anything at all...
>>
Watching a vtuber play this. Is the feel of the game more like League or DotA?
>>
>>472223
I would say characters are from League, but gameplay kinda more similar to DotA.
>>
>>472223
The feel is always like everybody is pooping on your head, both enemies and developers. Then after some time you might get the hang of pooping on them yourself - first on enemies (but not guaranteed), then on developers by uninstalling this game.
>>
How bad does the BP have to be if a coupon code has to give you points for it lmao
>>
>>472444
Bad enough when we're allowed to break their servers. They won't stop us. We will make this game disappear by the end of this year.
>>
File: 1633026297860.jpg (66 KB, 862x655)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>472555
i'm already inside their mainframe, writing a gui in visual basic to track all server connections.
they have no chance.
>>
REMOVE LOOTING
REMOVE LOOTING
ITS BORING AND PADDING AND MAKES BALANCE FUCKING ATROCIOUS
>b-but it takes skill
so does playing fucking tetris but I'm fucking going to play tetris if i want tetris
>>
>>472719
Eh, it's a battle royale. You usually have to loot your gear anyway.
>>
>>472719
The looting isn't the problem, the problem is the game's TTK. You spend so much time looting but the problem is the fights afterward are super unsatisfying and are usually horribly onesided and this can happen to you three matches in a row. Combined with the million invisible factors to your success making it impossible to learn from failures and hard to compare what difference your choices make (eg. am I really benefitting from making this legendary?).

Basically this game is shit, salvageable but no game dev fixes their game anymore, and the only reason I play it is because I'm autistic and the routine of looting is therapeutic.
>>
File: 46346642246426.png (398 KB, 1228x682)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
This penguin approaches your door with the intention to ask if you have any spare meteorites, do you
>1) Open the door, hand the glum penguin your spare meteorite to her and wave her goodbye
>2) Ignore
>3) Open the door, berate her about that one time she executed your character from 30% and threaten to call the police
>4) Open the door, close it behind you, emote, drop caltrops between you and her and teleport through the door aka the uptown special
>>
>>472872
But what if I'm that glum penguin?
>>
>>472875
Holy shit, you too?!
>>
>>472872
I'll give the penguin my meteorite only if i get to pet it
>>
>>472888
Explaining the concept of petting may be difficult when her only memory of pets is a wood pigeon she kept for about three hours until she got jealous of it preening itself and how it could be happy with how it looks
all attempts to destroy said wood pigeon were foiled by the fact that it has wings
>>
>>472719
By looting you meant crafting?
Bc nothing wrong with looting complete items you can equip and go fight.
Also items should not decide the outcome of the fight, as well as masteries (who the hell was that high to implement such speedrun-heavy mechanic and think casual audience will like it).
>>
>>472897
My hand briefly on her head you fucking schizo, not keeping her in my house i'm not suicidal!
>>
>>472943
she doesn't even want herself in her own makeshift house in the tunnels so checks out
>>
>>472918
Is it the speedrun factor making it bad or is it the fact that it's more or less invisible and a player has to figure out that he can kill 30 animals and still not get as much weapon mastery as killing one enemy? It feels like it not only rewards but mandates snowballing, and if you're successful you're rewarded by having unfun onesided fights. So many games end just by one person flying the white flag because they can see from the scoreboard that they can't even touch the other guy.

I got in second place as Adela and there comes a Camilo with 5 kills and 2 levels and 2 mastery levels over me and I drop a pawn and knight on him perfectly and it deals less than 15% of his healthbar and the forced crit from my meteor claymore and rapier skill takes another 10% and then I have to wait 8+ seconds for that cooldown to come back in which time his food will have healed him for all of that health back. Then he autoattacks me twice for 50% of my healthbar and does an unmissable dash for another autoattack and I'm dead.

They should remove mastery entirely, make it a game about fighting over resources to make stronger items which will be the only sources of power (plus XP/Levels), expand the trap system by adding more interesting things you can use for outplays and ambushes like trampolines, launch pads, oil barrels, grenades, etc. and the game's good.
>>
>>472992
wood pidgeon my makeshift tunnel househole
>>
>>473012
>Aren't you aware of your sins?
>>
>>473080
Go away dumb penguin larper, unless you are cute i'm not giving you shit
>>
We're getting some skin vote in-game soon it looks like: https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/195

Let's see how open that poll is and skew the vote one way.
>>
>>473211
looks like we're getting more li dailin and sissela skins...
>>
>play ranked
>can't seem to combo for shit
>play a norms since ranked dies
>can land everything in correct order
what is wrong with me
pic unrelated
>>
https://playeternalreturn.com/posts/news/196
dead game
>>
>>473280
>hole in bucket
oh pengi-chan
>>
>Checking remaining items in area
>If you feel like you’re late to an area, try checking the Security Console.
>Activating a Security Console will display the number of remaining items in the area.

Ok cool i guess....
>>
>>473006
>Is it the speedrun factor making it bad or is it the fact that it's more or less invisible and a player has to figure out that he can kill 30 animals and still not get as much weapon mastery as killing one enemy?

Both actually, faster equipped - better chances to kill, better chances to snowball which is almost mandatory to win
>>
>>473403
Why is it implemented at all if it still doesn't show you where exactly they are? I mean, doesn't the game already show if the item is not available with red lines? Dumbface Aesop ffs.
>>
>>473420
>doesn't the game already show if the item is not available with red lines
It only does that if every zone that has the item is closed; it doesn't actually tell you how many are left on the map
>>
>>473403
One time i spawned in Forest for the memes, looted almost the entire Forest (got like 7 Crystals) and dropped them all off in the research center red zone.
This would just be putting more fuel to my fires.
>>
>>473444
Well, most of the time you can't safely just jump into red zone and try grab an item you need, especially since you can't fcking point the exact position at hyperloop.
>>
>>473445
I always feel like people do that a lot with pickaxes/gems, they are extremely contested among basic mats.
>>
>>473516
>>473516
>>473516
>>
>>473517
There is no need to make a new thread so early, this one could last for more than half a week before getting archived.
>>
>>473472
I did it once and then i immediately just offed myself in the red zone.
Was my last match ever and i haven't played since.
Fuck this game.
I'm now here just for penguinposting and fanart.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.