[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (1).png (2.19 MB, 1075x2116)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
I'm playing GW2 and BDO. Considering SOLO.
>>
Having fun with New World, early days of an MMO where everything feels fresh, playerbase is super engaged and not jaded about take your pick of bad balance changes/shit mechanics/boring dungeons. Zoning spear skills are pretty satisfying, Musket (but not musket because it uses cartridges?? Amazon pls) is your traditional low mobility high burst DPS, it's fun but jury's out on whether or not it's good late game without building your party around it.
>>
>>423874
>Doesnt know Spiral Knights
Op is a faggot, a nigger if you will.
>>
>>423874
Why WOD above cata? WOD was complete dogshit apart from the raids. Cata at least had fun pvp, Firelands, valor/justice points, good twinking possibilities...
I quit TBC classic because at lvl 65 I was just too bored. On top of that the whole going woke part I was like fuck that
>>
>>423944
>also a wownigger
Did you have any doubt?
>>
>>424363
Contrarianism isn't a personality
>>
>>423874
>wod A tier
trash list
>>
>>423874
>neopets and wizard 101 better than toontown
who made this garbage
>>
There really are people who only played world of warcraft for that long? lol
>>
what a terrible list.
>>
>>423874
Hahaha what the everloving absolute fuck is this list? Is this a joke? Holy shit
>>
>>423874
I would play vanilla RIFT and old Neopets in a fucking heartbeat if either were available.
>>
>>423874
Didn't want to make a new thread but does anyone play Onigiri?
>>
jeez this list is bad, never saw such a shit list
>>
File: 1622712625219.jpg (557 KB, 2560x1440)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>423874
BDO. Waiting for Lost Ark.
>>
>>423874
this list has to be bait
>>
>>427157
I don't think I'll ever touch a game where everything looks like it's covered in oil. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>423874
>Wildstar
>Firefall
still too soon, FU OP

Back to SWTOR after Cryptic's announcement to forbid all Win7 users next year.
>>
>>427190
Wise move, BDO is pure ant-jew cancer.
>>
>>423874
Assorted SWG private servers whenever I get the itch, otherwise there isn't anything on the market right now I've actually enjoyed MMO-wise. I'm patiently waiting for virtual worlds/MMOs with semi-complex systems and actual socialization ala early SWG (before everyone caught jedi-grind-fever) to one day have even a minor resurgence. So far VR is looking like the one thing that might make that happen.
>>
File: zremax_logo.jpg (73 KB, 1440x900)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
I'm currently playing on Chromiecraft but I'm quitting in the next couple of days. Don't know how people play on this server or plan to play long term, fucking hell.
>>
>>427696
what made you wanna quit it? I was actually considering trying it but maybe I should just save time and skip it.
>>
>>428079
A bunch of things. 1/2

- They claim its "blizzlike" but the drop rate for blues and purples is INSANE. Kill 20 mobs and you might have 2 blues and 4 greens. I've seen three epic drops in less than 10 minutes in Maraudon, granted they're mostly trash or mediocre epics but still, the AH is flooded with rares and purples. Everyone is decked out in rares and epics. It feels like they increase the drop rate for certain epics and rares and then decrease it some time later and the AH reflects that.

- The server is swarmed with latin americans/spanish speakers who basically act like animals. Aggressive, disrespectful, need on everything, can't fucking play, go out of their way to fuck with you ect. People complain in world chat all the fucking time to the extend where the tranny mods have to shut it down. LATAM (guild) is basically an insult now.

- Population pretty much splintered into several national/cultural or linguistic ghettos, the Spanish and Chinese speakers stick to themselves and dont do anything with others, even so much as to do a group quest. NA/EU and anyone who can speak English clustered together in a couple of guilds and also mostly do things together internally. That pretty much takes away a huge chunk of the population away from potential people to play with, since non-English speakers will not play/group up with you and English speakers almost exclusively play internally.
>>
>>428079
2/2

- Open world is pretty much dead, nobody talks or quests together or groups up even if its to their own benefit like killing a named npc or a # of mobs and finishing quests faster. Don't expect an answer or help or whatever. You're lucky if you find someone who speaks English.

- It's WOTLK, the dungeon finder takes a lot from the already minuscule social aspect away. It's too severe in my opinion.

- The server gives you gold at lvl 10, 20 and 40 to buy your mounts and whatnot.

- It's pozzed, the main devs are a queer and a tranny (check Github profiles). "Moderation" is severe and sjw oriented, people get timed out and muted all the time. No old school WoW culture.

I play for a month and a half now and I just don't feel it. There's no sense of community or camaraderie, the playerbase is too splintered anti-social and unless you are in a guild which you can occasionally ask for help you're pretty much alone 99% of the time. This has been my experience at least, maybe you will see it differently or those things wont bother you but that's about it.
>>
>>428129
>>428130
maybe I'll just skip it after all. wow isn't all that fun anyways.
>>
>>423874
fuck you, flyff, drift city, tibia, atlantica and apb were fucking good back in their time
>>
I'm really enjoying warframe, I'm 700 hours in right now, and collecting primes is really interesting.
>>
>>423874
>>423875
loving new world, players in the podesta server are based. covenant faction is most based.
>>
>>429510
>based
You're playing a globo-homo game with tranny pronounces in it, there's literally nothing based about anything in or around that game. You're giving money to a company that funds and makes pozzed entertainment and spies on you 24/7, you dumb fucking faggot.
>>
>>427593
I just began two days ago, a Tauren Warrior. What is your IGN, friend?
>>
>>429718
Don't forget (((podesta))).
>>
>>423875
>>429510

NW is shit. It is a lazy reskin of decade-old boring wow mechanics with some shitty pvp layered over the top. Zero innovation. Garbage graphics and animations. The game will be dead within a couple of months.
>>
File: 1627918102749.png (308 KB, 720x720)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>423874
Bad list aside, there are some names I haven't heard for almost a decade.
I wish I could go back to 2010 when most of these were still sort of new and full of players.
>>
>>423874
Playing New World but I just can't get into it. All my mates are playing but I absolutely can not stand the combat.

Gonna play Elyon, I know it will devolve into a typical korean p2w trash but at least the combat is good and it could be fun for a few weeks.
>>
Swords of Legends Online
Chinkshit where the devs have an absolute rule of no gear progression in the cash shop, cosmetic only.
Buy to play, $40. Holy trinity, action combat tab targeting mix. Accelerated content progression where people have been complaining that content is coming out to fast so they have to actually get good instead of being gear carried for the next raid. A bunch of fun side activities like competitive fishing and treasure hunting. A bit on the dead side during dead hours, but if you play during dead hours, it gives you more opportunities to get rare crafting material.
>>
>>425066
wod being A tier is based, cata not being A tier is cringe
>>
Started up a hardcore ironman on runescape 3 last month because I keep hearing good things about ironman on rs3. Enjoying the progression so far but my god is it lonely. I get that most people are probably talking in clan chats and discords but it's kinda weird when everyone is like a maxed bot.
>>
Should I just get New World, there's literally no games to play atm, I'm not an mmo guy, played eso for like 30 hours back in 2014 and I played some WoW classic to like level 25 last year, will I have some fun or is it really soulless product shell, I can't read any reviews on steam atm for some reason.
>>
>>430141
>will I have some fun
Maybe. Obviously a lot of people are.
>or is it really soulless product shell
It's an amazon game. It's one of the most soulless games I have ever seen. You can really feel it's all made with corporate mindset first and game design lastly.
>>
>>430069
>everyone is like a maxed bot.
this is why I can't get into MMOs in general nowadays. everyone is like a fucking bot. it's so drastically different from 2005 where you would see people chatting it up and trying to do things together. it was so natural. I feel there is nothing devs can do now because that's just the gaming community we have now.
>>
>>430687
First person VR MMO that's entirely server side so it can't be data mined
>>
File: Dunmer4.png (2.74 MB, 1497x913)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>S Tier
Not playing currently, but considering it with a fresh server. Will probably just level. Endgame kinda boring past the dungeon grind.
>A Tier
Gw2. Mainly waiting on expansion.
>D Tier
Waiting for SWTOR's class changes to do another play of that. Also diablo 2 is below D3? Boi you crazy. But I'm playing D2 remastered and waiting on the season
>F Tier
Im watching gorgon. Played a ton of that for a bit, but then got bored. I've been playing ESO quite a lot as a filler MMO. But to be honest, playing it more as a singleplayer RPG...probably not a good thing.

>Unknown Tier
Guild Wars 1 was an excellent game. Now a days its more of a singleplayer game because there's not many people who play it (still enough of a following you'll see at least 1-5 other people in every quest hub/location and quite a few more in the major cities). New World everyone is in the honeymoon stage. But I suspect its going to be E or F tier in its current state. It's not absolute shit, but I fear for its longevity and endgame.
>>
>>423874
this list makes no sense.
you're too much of a zoomer to have ever played neopets.
>>
>>423874
>WoW S tier
This place is asshole
>>
>>428130
>It's pozzed, the main devs are a queer and a tranny (check Github profiles)
You deserved every grief you got for even going on such a dreck server.
>>
I started to play RuneScape 3 this year. It´s an old MMORPG but still very much recommandable if you are into fantasy MMO´s. The quests are well written and funny, leveling is fun and many times afk,...

I recently also started to play OSRS, if you want to watch my experience with it on youtube heres a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0wI0VuIIM
>>
File: 88111.jpg (27 KB, 300x282)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
https://discord.gg/pRuY8Gt5

I'm starting a group on alliance for turtle wow 4chan players. Looking for English speaking players with a mic, that's the only requirements.
>>
>>431459
I don't have a mic and I'm not going to use discord but I'll add you if you drop an IGN.
I just watched some people in the Newcomers guild sperg out about half an hour ago because a guy said nigger.
>>
File: 20211006_202756.png (721 KB, 606x1065)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>423874
My wife
>>
>>423875
Same here, haven't really jumped on a new release for an MMO in awhile so it's pretty fun. Ice Gauntlet and Fire Staff have been pretty cool, though for the most part I've just been leveling tradeskills and having no bagspace.
>>429718
Knowing this guy seethes over it makes it even more based.
>>
File: gw045.jpg (457 KB, 1920x1080)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>423874
month ago I've returned to Guild Wars 2 after 7 years absence and I'm having a blast with new content. It's so much better than I remember form pre-expansions, community is very active and helpful.
>>
>>423874
That is extremely pozzed and newfag list.
>>
>>428129
>>428130
>The server is swarmed with latin americans/spanish speakers who basically act like animals. Aggressive, disrespectful, need on everything, can't fucking play, go out of their way to fuck with you ect. People complain in world chat all the fucking time to the extend where the tranny mods have to shut it down. LATAM (guild) is basically an insult now. Population pretty much splintered into several national/cultural or linguistic ghettos, the Spanish and Chinese speakers stick to themselves and dont do anything with others, even so much as to do a group quest. NA/EU and anyone who can speak English clustered together in a couple of guilds and also mostly do things together internally. That pretty much takes away a huge chunk of the population away from potential people to play with, since non-English speakers will not play/group up with you and English speakers almost exclusively play internally.

That is true for any server though.
I played the polish cuckwell scam and it was the same thing.
Mongoloid polski subhumans, needrolling on everything, not communicating ever, just being general wastes of oxygen and space.
WoW is a bottom-feeder faggotgame, it is so basic, any normalfag can get into it, there is no filter for low-iq fags and subhumans.
>>
>>423874
Lotro since they gave out a ton of stuff and now all the dlc is dirt cheap
>>
On and off, FFXIV or Albion Online
>>
>Diablo 2
>MMO
>>
File: my-image.png (384 KB, 1064x711)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>
>>429871
It was fun while I played it. Unfortunately, my alliance fell apart due to too many people quitting so I just stopped playing.
>>
>>423874
Proof /vm/ doesnt play video games

Sage goes in all fields. OP is obviously trolling
>>
>>423874
Pic related with RO, RF Online and Foxhole on the side.

Thinking of trying out Elyon, how bad/good is it?
>>
>>435317
>Thinking of trying out Elyon, how bad/good is it?
another trash asian MMO
>>
>>429495
it doesn't seem like just another day at work yet?
>>
>>435317
just downloaded it, im going in blind fuck it all
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 1327x774)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>427190
it's a water effect though
>>
>>435317
Good for a launch experience, people who are conditioned to only play one game for 10 years like WoW, FFXIV, Maplestory or anything else needs to unlearn that mentality. It's OK to just try it out and treat it as a singleplayer but with multiplayer features thing you can enjoy for a couple weeks. Launch experiences are only once where people are usually friendlier, open to playing together and there is no META yet. I'm enjoying it for what it is, even knowing it's not something I'm signing a marriage contract with for the next 10 years of my life.
>>
Classic F R E S H beta
>>
>>427157
>>427190
the only reason to play BDO in the first place is if you got it for free during the BDO free giveaway some time ago. otherwise there's no point because it's a big grindy piece of shit.
>>
>>423874
the only fun mmo to play is ss13
>>
>>423875
There is something wildly dystopian about people streaming New World on Twitch to earn money to buy stuff off Amazon (with Prime, of course). I can't stomach it.
>>
>>423874
>eve
>bad
don't go to heaven
>>
>>435317
Elyon is utter shit.
>>
>>432852
>wow is for subhumans with low-IQ
And that is a good thing. Containment is always a welcome feature. This is why there are boards like /lgbt/, /v/, /pol/, and /b/. To keep the subhuman normies where they belong.
>>
File: gw386-02.jpg (90 KB, 590x831)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>432010
Yes GW2 has actual content now. Back when it was released it was inferior to even Tera at the time. But its really grown.

Turns out when devs build on the game by adding content in ways that doesn't destroy old content it eventually pays off.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.