[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1631159500378.png (2.71 MB, 1802x1080)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
chef edition.

>Pirate link ( 1.15.6 ): https://drive.google.com/file/d/16oD58runNjVr1vzGXGzlwdQfPlLI8084/view?usp=sharing
To install mods, go to %appdata% then Vintage Story Data, open the mod folder, drag and drop the contents to the mod folder in the Vintage Story Data folder. (Also watch out for any modlist updates.)

/vm/ SERVER:
>IP: 172.107.179.150:28000
>Modlist: https://mega.nz/folder/25x0waTb#YMr8BySneEVHUc1ecpus2w
>Since the last thread >>404228
As the playerbase grows exponentially, more coordinated events are being scheduled in accordance. The Southern TL Network has somewhat conclusively terminated, with its furthest reaches touching the threshold of 50k. Along its stretches, a highly-anticipated "Souf" has been resurrected in the form of a village built in a vast system of caverns of which its residents have eagerly and promptly advanced its evolvement in record time. Again, trades and infrastructure have been ameliorated further to accommodate the rising capacity of players. The game itself has recently updated, fixing a few prevalent bugs and namely changing up the meta. A novel Northen TL Network has found its footing meanwhile civilizations grow restless with as animosity festers between cheif players - could war/ battle be the solution to this? Also, keep an eye out for a bell-arena fight these coming weeks.

FRENZONE:
>IP: 23.227.200.202:33501
>Modlist: https://mega.nz/file/8QA2iRgB#B0v9LZmTape3HwoeoCb614ETdjBSibvtaICOkdVeSGc

>I'm new, what server should I join?
Simple. Try both, and see which one you like. I can't really tell you anything other than the absolute knowns; that Frenzone has more mods, and that /vm/'s has more traffic. Take any other information you hear with a grain of salt, or outright ignore it. Both run on the same version, and both are pirate-compatible at the moment.

chef sleeps, we live.
>>
File: 1631362833185.jpg (1.75 MB, 2450x2250)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>418333
First to repost this abomination. Keep it going.
>>
What's new FrenZone?

>We are nearing the end of December soon to start are 3rd in game year. A great time to think about future projects when the wheather warms up!
>Recently added the Foundry mod. This adds a craftable block that can process 12 or 24 ingots at a time versus one ingot molds. Be aware, you must fill the foundries in order to receieve the ingots!
>Canal town is expanding into a trade town by summer next in game year. Coin ATMs have been placed around the Fren Church area to trade 1 ingot for 4 coins to promote trade/currency adoption.
>The coon field has been built! Coon wrangling games are planned in the future. Ideally involving both server players.
>New players Big Bazza, Richard, and Water have joined FrenZone!
>A museum is in the works with multiple chests full of donated items to display/add to the museum.

Those are the big things for now. Just been improving the FrenChurch, and people building/expanding their homes. We also have so many ingots I began building ingot stack walls around the forge. So that's neat.
>>
the other thread is still on page 1 and hasnt even reached bump limit
on top of all that this is a slow board, you retarded monkey nigger
>>
>>418383
You're a slow board.
>>
>>418385
ouch
>>
File: file.png (93 KB, 320x240)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>418385
Say that to my face not online and see what happens fucker
>>
boy was right
onions was right
>>
>>418344
Someone add "wristgate"
>>
>>418390
Why? You need Johnny to come back you up? Can't fight your own battles? You know why your mom calls me the "jaw breaker"? One reason is for 25 cents she can suck me all she wants. The other reason I'll show you the next time I see you.
>>
>>418421
"The wrist post" In second tier.
>>
People freaking out over a girl's wrist. Girls play videogames too guys! Deal with it.
>>
tc why did you flood tunnel....
>>
>>418433
Wake up, Drew. You're gay. Remember me, Patrick from prom? Yeah, we took turns with your shithole after 10. Johnny had the poz. We are all reddy preggy now. Wake up, Drew.
>>
How many of you lads play this game in singleplayer?
>>
File: 1615304152012.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>418516
I do because I find the default world settings painfully annoying, and I want to use all the mods I like.
>>
>>418520
show house
>>
File: absoluteunit.png (39 KB, 579x143)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
If I spec into nudist does that give me bonus HP when not wearing clothes? Was curious if I could hit over 50HP. This is with max nutrition on all categories.
>>
>>418541
Yes, you lose hp if you wear clothes/armor though
>>
>>418544
Hmmmm, I'll wait till I hit 20 survival first then. Then the HP perk maxes out at 50%. Thanks.
>>
this game worth the money? it looks kinda gay
>>
>>418556
Pirate link in the op, try it yourself retard
>>
>>418556
just download it from the op
>>
Can (You) find all 20 snails in Joyless?
>>
>>418516
I build in flat worlds
>>
>>418541
Clockmakers on suicide watch
>>
File: yurtgang.png (1.52 MB, 1277x723)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Anyone else join yurt/hovel gang?
>>
>>418611
cringe
>>
>>418611
based
>>
>>419023
no i have tools
>>
>>418611
>>
>>418611
Sociopathic.
>>
File: chad.png (330 KB, 638x717)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>418611
>I build in flat worlds
>>
File: cat.png (3.17 MB, 2560x1440)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
Rate my cat.
>>
>>419117
cute, it looks like it fell into the chimney though
>>
>>419117
notalive/5
>>
>>419023
I always liked the straw roof aesthetic. I don't know if you can make leather blocks in survival mode, but the ones on the trading carts I though would look cool chiseled into a tepee.

>>418996
I've made multiple posts on cool ideas to make them better. As a class CM needs some love.

Been working on an idea for economy value of different items in VS in conjunction with the Trade-o-mat mod. Basically attributing a currency cost to various items in the game that a large portion of people can agree on. The idea being if enough people can agree on some values then currency/trade can occur more frequently/objectively. Here are the basics to consider..

>There are three currency types. Copper, Silver, and Gold coins.
>Four of each coin type can be smelted into one ingot of their respective metal.
>You can make coin molds out of clay. You can make 4 coins at a time per mold. These molds are made of clay, and fired in a pit kiln.
>Xskills perks such as the metal processing smelter does NOT allow for cheaper coin making with molds. Which would cause a limitless cycle of the metal in question to be reproduced.

Keeping all of this in mind, and considering the rarity of each metal. Considering the actual applications of each metal (which can vary based on mod usage as if it isn't hard already). Do any of you have any ideas on what values you might place on various items in VS? Or values on things like art/chisel making? Services such as terraforming, lending xskill abilities, resource fetching, claim finding/TL searching? I have some ideas, but wanted your guys' input.
>>
>>419117
Think the greenish blocks would look much better as white chalk/marble personally. Structurally looks good though!
>>
>>419152
I am planning on recoloring that cat later but I currently lack the materials to do so.
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/7zg466.zip
2hu abs reposted for (you)r convenience
>>
>>419183
Should be added to OP. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>419144
Oh boy, economic autism, my favorite.
First off, copper is worthless. Anything that you can pick up off the ground with minimal effort, metal or not, has no long-term value. This was the problem with Dove's first server & its cpr economy. You're going to want to pretty much immediately control the supply of coins via silver/gold rarity. But here's the problem, autism is infinite, therefore what the Trade-o-Mat mod is missing is a way to "stamp" coins with a particular signet/symbol/etc. There was a minting mod in TFC that did this well, where you had a knapping-alike interface to create the emblem of the coin on a die, and then a minting station that actually imprinted the coin using the die you created. The casted coins would be "blanks", and therefore controlling your dies would be just as important as protecting your money. Remember that coins were either smelted down to their original metals OR guaranteed to be exchanged for some amount of food by the minting group, be it a country, county, fiefdom or monarchy itself.
https://youtu.be/pvjfYx_UVOQ This video is a good break down of how medieval coinage worked, and pitfalls related to it.
From there it's a matter of figuring out relative values. The big thing that needs to/will remain constant is the value of labor. Pottery will maintain its value in long term (porcelain when?) simply due to the effort required, smithing complex pieces are in the same vein, but interestingly enough steel isn't that labor intensive once you have the setup.
>>
Is there something wrong with using gears as the main currency?
>>
>>419309
They don't really have intrinsic value at the minute and they're reliant on drops, so the supply will be scarce until everyone gets high tier gear, but by then the stockpiles will be huge. plus you can't have "half a gear". All good currencies have multiple denominations. Also they don't stack at all.
>>
>>419314
I meant rusty gears not temporal, you can get them via selling shit to traders and they're useful for buying trader stuff, a mod to edit trader inventories to make it less easy to accrue massive amounts could be useful, like selling a bunch of ladders for gears is too easy etc.
>>
>>419307
>First off, copper is worthless. Anything that you can pick up off the ground with minimal effort, metal or not, has no long-term value.

I disagree. Copper is a phenomenal metal to use for tools that don't benefit much from being a lower tier metal. Tools like chisels, scythes, shears, chutes, lantern plates, cleavers, hammers (for breaking ores, or working with) knifes, and saws. Steel variants of those tools only benefit really from durability, but considering copper could be abundant with coin usage having a steady supply of all those tools without having to sacrifice iron or steel is great.

I also disagree with your sentiment of things found on the ground are worthless, or don't hold value long term. Flax/fiber is found easily on the ground, and harvested with little effort. Linen, and fiber is a part of many vital crafting recipes. As well as making arguably one of the best armors in the game for it's stat distribution.

I appreciate your enthusiasm on coin currency. I think you make some good points in regards to actual economics, but it doesn't quite work for VS. Being able to mint your own coins though would be awesome. Especially with actual areas people build at with their own currency essentially.

My idea was pretty simple. Copper coins would be used for much of the currency for trade good bartering. Meaning for your basic items like ingots of other metals, fiber, coal, mead, certain blocks, seeds, food goods, etc. Pretty much anything you can feasibly acquire, or craft. Silver coins would be used for specialty items that are exceptionally rare. This would apply to chiseled statues and works. Some of the items this might apply to are tapestries, items only able to be purchased through traders. etc.

Finally, gold would be the currency traded for actual jobs, and work done. Need to hire someone to terraform? Need protection while mining/extra storage? Want someone to explore, and give you coordinates for Meteor iron? Barter with gold.
>>
>>419309
Trader's stock is limited. With trade-o-mat you can sell/barter anything. Having a currency that can access any item or service essentially has a lot more use than rusty gears with a fixed inventory you can access.

>>419314
This anon makes a good point on denominations.

Rusty gears server a purpose, but they don't really have the potential wide spread usage a coin currency could have. They could certainly be traded for coin though.
>>
>>419327
setting a coin value ona rusty gear also makes it easy to translate trader's goods into coin values
>>
>>419333
Yes, and no. Depends on their stock, depends on how far the right trader is from someone's home. If you are referring to items that you can get without a trader yeah you could kind of gauge it based on how much the coin value is for said item, but when it comes to items only found at traders that's a bit harder to gauge. It can be time consuming traveling to traders even if their location is known. Let alone if the item you're looking for even is in stock, or not bought by someone else.
>>
>>419323
this is massive amounts of copium. Tying up the server's copper supply in currency is terrible for new players, because it incentivizes scavenging for the entry level metal. Once you're at the point where you're really paying for services, use a trading medium that doesn't prevent players from joining you at mid/late game without going out thousands of blocks. Otherwise you'll have nobody to trade with. It's the same thing that happened with the spawntown in Dove's server, groups moved on to other locales to start.
>>
>>419369
People didn't move away from spawntown for economic reasons. Souf didn't have to worry about winter, and norf had a closer community with free iron tools. It didn't help that most of the original spawntown residents were playing less or just stopped when the deluge of new players arrived. Also stones were used as currency, was more plentiful than copper and it still had value and was useful for buying food and flax.
>>
>>419369
>thousands of blocks for copper
dozen ultra size copper nodes all around, not to mention easy access TL network for mining
>>
money doesnt work without a central banking system retards it would be like feds giving monopoly money to each other
>>
>>419453
we trade in seashells then and the bank is the beach
>>
File: 2021-09-29_00-40-24.png (1.68 MB, 1920x1080)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Every time i go to my farm i'm greeted with this abundance of meat
>>
>>419453
have you never heard of a commodity currency?
>>
>New seraph voices
Y/N?
>>
>>419404
he's talking about fresh spawns with no tools trying to get surface copper nuggets for their first pick, not people with the ability to just go hit up that underground deposit. Using copper as the currency guarantees that those surface nuggets will be picked clean for miles around the spawn point.
>>
*pans for copper*
1 gold coin please
>>
>>419369
>Cut down tree with stone axe
>Dig hole with stone shovel
>Make charcoal
>Trade charcoal for copper coins
>Dig clay with stone shovel
>Make pit kiln and make crucible/molds
>Use leftover charcoal to melt copper coins back into copper ingots/tools

Do you not understand what you're talking about? Or are you pretending to be retarded? Even if every single copper node was mined in a 5000 block radius all a new player has to do is trade a good for coins to then make tools from?
>>
did anyone use a tradeomat a single time the entire time the server had it
>>
>>419549
Yeah it's been used, but not as frequently as it could be. Hence trying to figure out some values on different items/services so it can be used more.
>>
>>419495
YES!
>>
>>418344
add claimed holes
>>
>>419592
You're a claimed hole.
>>
>>419740
ow.
>>
>>419547
>copper becomes more plentiful and thus worthless
>people move to other denominatons like gold/silver to retain their value
>copper coins stop circulating
it's inflationary economics you're forgetting about. blocktism currency will always inflate as the game goes on, and unless everyone's stupid they'll climb the scarcity ladder to retain the relative value of their assets/get their value out of their labor. It's maybe not as a dead-end problem I'm making it out to be but it's just undue burden on the copper resources in a region to have it be a critical material for two tiers of tooling AND currency.
>>
>>419807
to not just be a retard and yell "waah thing bad" without proposing a solution: iron is plentiful enough that iron coins could be a viable replacement for copper in the low-value slot in the monetary denomination ladder, which also solves the problem of not blocking newer players out of the core entry pieces of the game.
>>
>>419807
>Copper becomes more plentiful
So which is it? Not enough for any new players? Or to much that it will crash the economy? The nice thing about copper is its durability. Copper tools won't last for a very long time, meaning copper will be needed to replace these tools that inevitably break. Furthermore, if more tools are being built that generally means more items are being collected/crafted/made etc. Meaning the currency inflation will also be offset by sheer abundance of everything.

Eventually, yes, any server with enough players will generate more product than will ever be needed for any amount of players feasibly. By that point in time more people will have access to currencies like silver and gold due to exploration. There will eventually come to a point where everyone will have more gold coins than they will ever need. Then what? That's such a long time away these /generals/ will be long gone before it even gets to that point.

Trying to apply real world economical aspects to a fictional videogame just doesn't work out well. Most resources in the game are infinite unlike the real world. Seriously, some of the only blocks I can think of that are finite are things like soil funnily enough since you can't really make more of it. By the time it takes for players to successfully harvest every single dirt block on a server I will probably be long dead.

Even copper is infinite. Especially with xskills. You can salvage locusts infinitely. Bells will spawn enemies indefinitely, locusts are a part of that, and they drop copper bits among all other metals. You can also harvest copper from the shoveling skill with scrap collector. (Which the soil can simply be placed back down, and shoveled again for more copper or other items.)

If copper stops circulating due to abundance, people will either stop using it/mining it till it becomes scarcer thus re-entering the economy, or prices fluctuate just like any other functional market.
>>
File: 1412515124125153190.jpg (67 KB, 900x900)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>downloaded infinite ore vein mod
That's right
>>
>>419869
mawpc
>>
File: 2021-07-09_23-34-02.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>
>>419909
>singleplayer
>>
File: 2021-07-05_18-17-40.png (2.49 MB, 1920x1080)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
>>419917
>projecting
>>
I'm going to throw out some rough estimates on values for basic trade goods. Feel free to argue, or critique it so we can work something out. Again keep in mine 4 coins equals 1 ingot.

>For 1 copper coin
32x Dry Grass
12x Fiber
8x Charcoal
8x Large Hide
32x Sticks
64x Logs (non-exotic)
12x Eggs
64x Redmeat
1x Terra Petta
1x bowl of mead
2x Slice of cheese
1x Pie (4 slices)
1x Crucible (fired)
3x Vegetable seed
32x Clay
8x Salt
32x Cattails
9x Beeswax
20x Feathers
12x Glass block
2x Ore Blasting Bombs
3x Tree seed (non-exotic)
2x Marble Block
12x Plain rock block

Feel free to share items not covered in this short list. and value some other materials.
>>
>>419909
Reminds me of the blacksmiths you see from Minecraft in villages.
>>
>>419919
Balls in my mouth
>>
>>419917
And?
>>
>>419871
Nah.

I like the survival aspect, but I also like to build.
>>
>>419939
yeah that was the point
>>419946
buttdevastated nerd
>>
Will the Player Corpse mod (https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/115#tab-files) for 1.15, work on 1.16?
Or should I just keep items on death?
>>
>>420021
...I'm a dumbass, it's 1.15.6, not 1.16.
I just came over from Minecraft, please be patient
>>
>>420027
it probably still works
>>
>>418344
new here
Who's the vtuber?
>cult of booba
a predictable result of
>booba
>>
>>420034
Some random vtuber who plays Vintagestory who one of the players shitposted about for a week.
>>
So what's the name of the /vm/ server and will I have to worry about everything I build getting periodically fucked by server resets?
>>
>>420034
random whore some fag spammed
>>
>>419984
Then you nailed it.

>>420021
Good habit is backing up your save, then adding the mod. My guess is it should work.

>>420060
There are two servers Dove's and FrenZone. Pick one and try it.
>>
>>420060
dove's is longer running and has more history/players, spawn was moved on dove's for the most recent big update
>>
>>420063
>>420066
I take it they're not on the public server list?
>>
>you can chisel sand
i wish i knew about this earlier
>>
what's the current season on each server
>>
>>420075
It late october in dove's
>>
>>420055
>>420062
I want to know the vtuber, though.
I like vtubers, and one playing vintage story sounds comfy.
How far back would I have to go to find out?
>>
File: 1631512063936.jpg (64 KB, 640x564)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>420068
>didn't read the op
>>
File: 152608466682769.jpg (214 KB, 1200x732)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>tfw pc crashed and had to reformat
>tfw lost my forty hour singleplayer world
Feels bad man.

Should I just wait until the next update that's bringing new plants and mushrooms to world generation before making a new save?
>>
>>420081
I did read the op, which is why I'm asking if it's public because I've never played Vintage Story multiplayer and am not even sure of how to direct connect.
>>
>>420084
>click multiplayer
>copy paste ip
>
>>
File: comitsuicide.jpg (55 KB, 800x990)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>420080
>>
>>420085
>click multiplayer
>there's nothing there
Yes?
>>
File: 1613663289116.png (40 KB, 329x127)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>420089
anon please
just click this, type in whatever name you want, paste the ip
then the server will be there every time you open the game
>>
>>420089
add new server
>>
>>420091
>>420092
Fuck me, I thought that was for hosting.
>>
File: HELPME.png (1.15 MB, 2765x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
?????????????????
>>
>>420095
What
>>
>>420095
>Browse public servers
...?
Is that image edited, or is your game fucked?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>420086
No.
>>
>>420083
Alright guess I'll wait. Next update can't be too far out.
>>
>>420075

Frenzone is late January.

>>420068

Both servers are not publicly displayed, and are only advertised here.

>>420084
Download the modlist for the server you'd like to join. Drag and drop this into your mods folder for vintage story. While in vintage story click multiplayer, and the add server button near the bottom. Copy and paste the IP, and the port into the fields, and save the server. Click it to connect.

Just make sure you extract the mod archive.

>>420095
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
File: 2021-09-29_21-15-44.png (995 KB, 1920x1080)
995 KB
995 KB PNG
Dude! Let me in, I'm a fairy!
>>
>>420136
What's the furniture piece on that right bro
>>
>>420140
The music player block from the instruments mod
>>
>>420080
pls
>>
>>420155
ryona
>>
>>420159
I can't find her.
>ryona vtuber
>ryona vtuber vintage story
>ryona vtuber "vintage story"
>vtuber "vintage story"
>>
>>420159
it's
>Mariela Riona
found that the spelling is
>riona
in the replies to the same image in the last thread
I kinda like the previous hair better but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
NOPETROL
DIESEL KEEPS YOU GOING
>>
>>420269
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkF13n09kT6xHJshmGnznAQ
>>
>>420290
wow, I feel dumb
but thank you
>>
>>420296
Np
>>
>firepits can store two items each
>you can remove the firewood to make more firepits
oh baby
>>
>>420301
This ugly fucking caveman is making infinite storage for FREE and basically you're fucking retarded.
Click HERE to find out the secret Tyron doesn't want you to know.
>>
>>420301
Boy oh boy are you going to be amazed when you learn about reed baskets, storage vessels and chests.
>>
File: 48.png (183 KB, 512x512)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>420316
Jokes aside, if the clique complains about this, he might "fix" that just like what he did with the ingots+crucible thing. Just like how he made pulverized titanium CHUNKS the needed item for refractory bricks because he didn't want people to find titanium nuggets from ruins and use them to "skip steps".
I remember some modders saying "QoL? you can't write QoL and VS together due to Tyron and the tryhards, that's what mods are for." and I kind of believe them.
>>
>>420355
Skipping steps should totally be a thing, fucking pajeets had decent crucible steel by putting fucking salad in clay crucibles with iron ore and baking for a bit.
>>
>>419919
How to booba?
>>
>>418333
Spicy soup anyone? It is like vs irl
>>
File: Capture.png (1.27 MB, 698x872)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>420508
Thanks, Dove, for this blessed wristpost
>>
>>420508
>>420546
These are certified wristposts.
>>
>>418333
Based op trips
Also dove here to say if I post and shill less, I have been focused on animation as of late
>>
File: 2021-09-30_13-38-15.png (1.35 MB, 1920x1080)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
my first attempt at multimaterial chiseling, a classic greek key pattern in suevite on chalk.
>>
>>420355
If only we could channel the thread's autism into getting Tyron to do shit like those retards do. Probably not worth it though.

>>420546
Waiting for the inevitable wrist post with this pic, and the other pic on their PC.

>>420600
How's the wolf penis progress going?

>>420612
That looks pretty great. Solid rock choice, and nice chisel work.
>>
tfw got a job and cant play much anymore
>>
>>420744
Many such cases!
>>
>>420744
Yeah I hear you. I think i'm getting burned out too.
>>
upgrade your shitty server oh my god
>>
File: nukri.png (2.41 MB, 1920x1080)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB PNG
>>418333
>>
>>420707
Wolf penis was made by xeth (vint/mlp server) apparently they are ending the server soon so rip it was a good one
>>
>>420788
Damn, I think Mudwall was having issues too with a corrupted block recently. Said they were working with Tyron to fix it. Seems like a lot of servers are having issues or just shutting down.
>>
>>420744
soon to be me as well
>>
>>420744
>>420829
Just refuse the vaccination
>>
I played this game a while back and I really like the survival improvements, but it really killed the experience for me when I got to the bronze age.
Is there a better way to progress past copper and get to bronze? The process of running around forever prospecting for tin and shit is the only thing stopping me from really getting into this.
>>
>>420953
Not really. You'll need a bronze anvil to work iron tools, along with a bronze pickaxe to mine iron. Finding iron can also be a big pain, it can be pretty rare to find on the ore map sometimes, and you will probably have to go spelunking to find any unless it is really rich. Iron is also a huge pain to process without a helve hammer setup. Bronze isn't too bad, find a high density cassiterite chunk and go spelunking in shallow caves, node search the walls and you will probably find enough for what you need. I've found over 400 tin bronze ingots worth of tin from spelunking in two cassiterite rich chunks.
>>
How many people generally average the servers played here? No more than a dozen? Less?
>>
>>420833
not required at the place i am going to work, but i heard they will soon

unrelated but check out this game for people with small wrists https://store.steampowered.com/app/769100/Mushrooms_Forest_Walker/
>>
>>421557
3-6
occasional peaks
>>
>>420794
Oh darn, haven't been on there lately. They doing a send off tour anytime?
>>
>>420779
nice chair. looks uncomfortable tho, try a wooden one.
>>
new pasta just cooked up by yours truly
thoughts on vaccines
https://pastebin.com/JKDackb7
>>420833
you can just...
quit.
I don't think refusing to take a vaccine would get you any unemployment benefits that quitting would?
or just be obnoxious/difficult enough to get fired?
then you have the vaccine and can get another vaxx-required job if you have to
>>
let me just quell any attempts at political shitposting:

financial insider here with medbros.
the vaccine is mediocre in terms of effectiveness
it does not contain microchips
it will not turn you into a tranny
but why is everyone pushing you to take the vaccine?
well, lets take a look at the biggest vaccine manufactorers
then take a look at the common shareholders and owners
guess who? you know it. jews.
that are also are pushing for the vaccine politically.
do you know how much governments and companies spend on testing and vaccinations? the money is in the billions.
lockdown fearmongering is just to get private businesses "infringing" on muh god-given monopolies shut down.
no meaningful side effects besides what you have from other flu vaccines (yes, its literally just a flu (yes, flu kills people)) and that it is not recommended if you are a biological female that is thinking of having a child in the near future.
tl;dr its the jews again

Anyone tried this mod yet? https://mods.vintagestory.at/placeablefood
looks neat, dunno if its stable though
>>
>>421674
Here are my plain and simple reasons for not getting it.

>There is no actual proof the ones promoting this actually got the "vaccine"
>They changed the literal definition of "Vaccine" and "herd immunity" over all of this bullshit
>CDC and WHO have been caught lying about their numbers or manipulating statistics. Counting all deaths as covid when they have on average 2.5 other serious life thretening issues. Like stroke, heart disease, cancer etc.
>There is no legal ramifications I can seek if I have a bad reaction which I could get.
>The "vaccine" does not stop you from getting or transmitting the illness.
>The pharmacutical companies all involved in this were all being sued just before covid happened by 49/50 states. Why? For their hand in the opiod crisis in America. It was a 6 trillion dollar lawsuit. The only state not suing was Oklahoma. They settled out of court for 300 million i believe.
>The companies making these vaccines also have laundry lists of lawsuits like leaving carcinogens in baby products etc. They clearly don't gice a shit about human lives.

Basically if you got the vaccine you are either easily manipulated by guilt which makes you a weak sub-human. Or you are a literal retard. I view you as not even human at this point.
>>
>>420833
What does that have to do with working? Are there places where all jobs are mandating it or something? Not really watching the news much.

That and college/uni. Player base is taking a hit for sure. But people will play when they can/feel like it. No big deal. Real life happens.
>>
>>421684
What if you have a mother that has both cancer and pneumonia, where a simple cold is dangerous.
Retard.
>>
>>421720
Do you also get every flu shot?
>>
>>421720
then you'll find that the paranoia of covid has led to nobody getting colds for the past 2 years so the cold will destroy her harder
>>
>>421720
People die everyday. Parents are people too. That's a part of reality. I don't care about your mom or my mom enough to get the shot. I wouldn't want my kids to make medical decisions based on me.

But since you feel that way. Your mom told me your a financial burden on her and stress is not good for anyone. So she wants you to kill yourself. Don't bother replying I understand after all.
>>
>>421720
The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting or transmitting COVID
>>
>>421684
The ""vaccine"" greatly diminishes the effects of the infection on all victims, the disease becomes manageable at home instead of absolutely requiring intensive care thus leaving the beds free for the frail mothers with both cancer and pneumonia. It's not something companies want to push, it's something hospitals want so they push the pencil-pushers who in turn go to the companies. The disease won't stop existing but a treatment will eventually be developed, just like how H1N1 still exists but it's not the threat it was a 12 years ago when you were born.
>>
>>421899
Yes yes I know the hospitals are super busy that's why staff can do organized tiktok videos with all of their team, and why whole film/reporter teams can go into random patients rooms to take photos for their stories on how "BIG FUCKING RETARD HAS ONE DYING WISH! GET THE VACCINE FOR GODS SAKE!"

No shit the disease won't stop existing. Variants have existed of it for awhile now. I used to work directly with hospitals before I changed careers due to the retarded mandate. It's not as busy as they say. They make 50k for every vent patient have, and get aid for every "covid death" they have at their hospital.

There's literally people suing life insurance companies, and hospitals over this because these companies don't cover covid because it's a pandemic, and not a standard circumstance.

If you took away all the money they were getting for these cases you'd see far less covid cases.
>>
>>421906
Oh right you are american, carry on then
>>
>>421674
It seems you failed.
>>
>>421674
Placing food seems pretty... pointless. You just have to pick it back up again to eat it and it rots on the table if you leave it.
>>
File: 15260844615578.jpg (27 KB, 480x640)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>tfw waiting for next update
>>
File: 2021-10-01_16-31-38.png (789 KB, 1920x1080)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
He spawned on the coal platform and cant get out because of the retaining walls
>>
>>422087
blessed furnace spirit
>>
>>422088
It truly is, I filled the platform with coal and lit the furnace, and he's not catching fire, he's just hanging out inside the lit block of coal
>>
File: owtheedge.png (692 KB, 600x549)
692 KB
692 KB PNG
>>421863
how many underscores do you have in your username
>>
File: welp.png (2.76 MB, 1920x1017)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>>
File: frog bred.png (1.06 MB, 608x865)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
I fucked it up
>didn't whisk properly
>let bread soak too long
>didn't spray pan
>spilt my coffee on one
this was the only piece that was presentable
>>
>>422098
Half as many X's. So like 3 or so.

I meant what I said though. If I was old and fucked up. I don't want my family to have to change how they live because of me, or have to get shots from companies that are fine with putting a price on the lives of infants. Let me use that sweet life insurance I got, and i'll go out in a way that meets the requirements of that so my family can be okay. Everyone has to die someday man.
>>
>>422109
What's in the altoid tin? Anything neat besides actual mints? Also you gotta eat big to get big.
>>
>>422087
>There are people that don't just dig a hole behind their furnaces, and chisel a block to hold the coal in place
>They get rewarded with fire sprites for their effort

Alright i'm jealous.
>>
>>422120
Just some papers, roaches and a lighter. Used to use it when I was able to get out more
>>
>>422109
Looks good bro you cooked food it is literally vintage story irl eggs and bread
Also happy bday 4chan
>>
>>422117
That's just you though.
>>
>>422109
Based. Naysayers are envious of your tasty bread and willingness to wristpost.
>>
>>421906
different places have different levels of outbreak, it's not evenly distributed
>>
human beings are not rational
>>
>>422174
They especially don't like being told what to do at gunpoint.
>>
File: areyoueventrying.png (1.29 MB, 1920x1017)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
Will be willing to make a funkopop of your character if you post a reference image in the thread. I do it (for free).
>>
>>422191
>funkopop
gay
>>
>>422191
very cute, i wish funko pops actually had character to them
>>
>>422191
Not a funko pop without the black beady soulless staring eyes
>>
>>422224
If you want me to change them, I will :^)
>>
>>422182
it really, really, really shouldn't come to that
there shouldn't be this paranoia about it
millions of people have already taken it
and you cannot silence every damn lab in the world, with freedom of information
(outside of obvious dictatorships like China, although there are whistleblowers even there, they just get disappeared)
>>
>>422257
>there shouldn't be this paranoia about it
There shouldn't be, but that's the price you pay for a corrupt government with zero transparency on anything.

Zero trust society, my friend.
>>
>>422273
>>422222
who got digits
>>
File: 1444639748692.png (233 KB, 457x380)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
newfag here, whats the best way to deal with the temporal storm?
I just paused, running and hiding at the moment.
bls help
>>
where are the crash logs
t. just installed over 100 mods
fuck captcha
>>
>>422346
>Your data folder (default: %appdata%\vintagestorydata) has a logs subfolder, in which you will find client-main.txt.
ah
that IS supposed to be the log file
but it was empty last time I looked
now there is stuff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
now to figure out which mod is causing the problem
>>
>>422304
Sleep through it before it starts. Otherwise either keep moving or pillar up with some food to tide you over.
>>
Player Corpse doesn't work now for some reason
Trying out GraveMod
>>422348
got rid of Adjustor, works now
started a new world as a test, and Trait Learner caused a crash when I clicked on Traits
(may happen regardless, but for posterity: I closed the initial customization screen (because I wanted to move around), and then I opened the character screen with "c", and clicked on the tab, and it crashed)
>>
File: EkWnr5dVkAAt00K.jpg (149 KB, 2048x1152)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>tfw everything just works
>>422384
yep, GraveMod is working
>>
I appreciate that the threshold for fall damage is higher than MC.
>>
File: 1554426781915.jpg (88 KB, 493x637)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
newfag back again, i fucked up and didnt make a hammer. How do i crush the chunks of copper?
Do i have to scavenge for more copper to smelt for a hammer?
>>
>>422414
get to sifting noob
>>
>>422414
I hate this image
>>
>~110 mods
>~27mb
>ram usage: 13GB
uh oh
>>
File: 1554493162475.png (148 KB, 645x772)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>422416
I've got the copper now, Please dont tell me i need EVEN MORE to use the anvil to hammer the chunks.
>>
>>422476
there is a copper deposit underneath the chunks
>>
I keep coming online only to see my character dead, and when i come to the place they supposedly died i find all the stuff i had on me has despawned.
Has anyone else encountered this?
It's rather annoying, it happened to me three times already, i've lost a lot of shit because of it.
>>
>>422502
stuff despawns in 10 minutes
>>
>>422304
Make a pit trap and farm the drifters. Even if in early game and you run outta flint spears, you'll be able to leave the remaining driftnigs in the pit when it passes
>>
>>422476
This;
>>422491
Always waypoint or note down x/z when you find copper chunks so you can return and mine the veins when you have a pick
>>
>>422152
>>422140
thank. Got some shepherd's pie today, might set some clay ovens up.

Dove's is so lonely for the first few hours I'm on :[
>>
>>422476
Nooo you can use the hammer in the inventory to crush the chunks into copper nuggets. Just place the hammer onto the crafting grid, and place the ore chunks below the hammer.

The anvil isn't used until you make copper ingots from clay molds from melted copper nuggets in your crucible. You need 900 units of copper to make an anvil, which is 9 ingots worth. Or 9 tools essentially. So not to bad.
>>
>Make high fertility soil after making some compost.
>Not even as god as terra petta for all the work.
What the fuck? Literally what's even the point? It takes forever to even make compost, and you get a shit amount from rot. What a waste.
>>
>>422576
terra preta requires the following to spawn:
0.5 - 0.9 rainfall
5 - 37 degrees celcius
0.53 max Y lvl
>>
>>422587
Yeah I know that, but still what a waste.. At least give a 1:1 ratio for rot to compost.
>>
>>422304
you can use slabs or a chisel to make a room that is a half-step down from actual block level, such that drifters will not be able to spawn inside as long as the room is only 2 blocks high.
>>
How it was versus how it's going. Also yes, I have 25 metal processing, how could you tell?
>>
czechno & bubba
arisaka is in 30-06, was my first rifle and i was like 14 or so and begged my mom to get it, vz58 i got in early 2020 and had put it on layaway a little before the prices got too overwhelming
>>
the worst part about this is that it was one of the few rifles that didnt have the mum scratched out, meaning it was probably captured in war and boomer took it back home and decided to turn it into a sport rifle
>>
>>422670
>captured in war and boomer took it back home and decided to turn it into a sport rifle
that's based as fuck
>>
>>422673
and if it still had it's original stock this rifle would be worth a couple hundred more than a scratched one
but you cant sell this for shit, no one would buy it
>>
>>422667
Sexy vz. That furniture looks like it's seen some shit, any stories behind it that you're aware of?

>>422670
type 99? At least they didn't butcher the original stock, too, hopefully it's in good hands.
Is the original front post still intact under that hood or was the entire barrel swapped for the rechamber?

Thanks for pics, nots

>>422673
am seething ;;
Asked for Czechno and bubba bc it's the perfect Yin and Yang in my books
>>
>>422667
>>422670
not too bad as far as bubba jobs go, still absolutely disgusting and hideous
>>
>>422677
>any stories behind it that you're aware of?
its just woodchips infused with resin so it looks bizarre, my vz58 is actually a vz2008 so the reciever and stuff was all milled in the US but furniture and some trigger parts (and the bayonet) are all surplus from the cold war
i also have a czechoslovakian uniform to go with my vz58, hence the belt (german clip holder is for sks clips)
>Is the original front post still intact under that hood or was the entire barrel swapped for the rechamber?
i think its barrel swapped
the only justification for why i bought this was because i was young and it was 200$ at the time
>>
>>422740
also pic rel is my cat, anyone have an idea to what breed she could be?
>>
>>422740
Based gear queer

No need to justify the Arisaka, especially for $200 USD
>>422685 is right, it's still a high quality bubbification and I'd love to shoot it regardless.
>>
>>422749
>is right, it's still a high quality bubbification and I'd love to shoot it regardless.
well, it would be if the cases didnt bulge rendering your cartridges unreloadable
surprisingly after maybe 40-60 shots it hasnt blown up on me yet
>>
>>422751
well i say bulge but its not terrible bulging, i was concerned when i saw it the first time and asked someone and they said it should be fine as long as i dont shoot powerful loads or shoot too often, its just a very small area where the angle changes in a ring around the cartridge
>>
>>422742
Just a little girl.
>>
>>422751
>>422752
>it chokes if i don't use steel with subsonic loads
now that really hurts
>>
Finally, a permanent bee skep mod.
>>
>>
>>418333
nice church thing, quite aesthetic
>>
dove i cant use builder hut in rimtown even though i live next to it - pr
>>
File: 2021-10-02_17-43-41.png (1.52 MB, 1920x1080)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
Why the fuck is it raining blood?
>>
>>422667
>>422670
What, no wrist?
>>
>>422992
Wristpics required by martial law.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (10 KB, 400x400)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>422992
>>423027
>>
File: Sasau_Monastery.jpg (416 KB, 1910x722)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>
>>423203
>>
>>423203
>>423204
Henry's come to see us!
>>
>>
File: 2021-10-03_18-05-15.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
Holy heckin' science y'all it's a Funko Geroge Floyd!
>>
File: 2021-10-03_18-05-08.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
Yikes!
>>
File: 2021-10-03_19-36-59.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
A new challenger appears!
>>
File: mountainrange.png (3.94 MB, 2304x1296)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB PNG
It's always a treat coming across a nice mountain range like this.
>>
File: mountainnight.png (2.93 MB, 2304x1296)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
It houses a forest area in the middle, mountain surrounding essentially all sides.
>>
File: cove2.png (3.1 MB, 2304x1296)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
Forward through the forest closer to the mountain sidean opening to a cove appears.
>>
File: covecave.png (2.87 MB, 2304x1296)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
Stalactites really make the atmosphere in here. (and the chicken)
>>
File: covecavebackside.png (3.89 MB, 2304x1296)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB PNG
Instead of veering left to the cave if we headed forward we come across the opening nestled between two mountains, and what looks to be a lone rock spire.
>>
File: covesky.png (3.9 MB, 2074x1167)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB PNG
Then of course Tyron famous world gen at work. Floating little rock isle if we look upward.
>>
>>423631
Floating landmasses are SOUL
>>
File: magnets_c.jpg (19 KB, 640x359)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
I had various problems (tool durability config being ignored, drifters were normal-sized instead of being affected by Better Drifters, and who knows what else) that went away once I removed...
Flammable Firestarter.
>>
>>423632
What a funny way of spelling cringe!
Though with gravity and the vs world gen they are pretty rare
>>
File: ntq3rblkvm661.jpg (32 KB, 828x441)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
/worldconfig toolDurability 1000
>>
I have creatures set to passive, yet a wolf attacked me.
I didn't attack it.
Wonder if something is broken, either vanilla or my modlist.
>>
>>423632
For Minecraft? Yes.
For Vintage Story? No.
>>
>wild vine
Does this stuff grow more after you place it back down, or is it static?
Does it need to be placed on leaves?
>>
>>423979
ah, not in vanilla, but with Wild Farming, which I have
>Vines can now be grown from vine tips. They must have at least on air block of space beneath them.
*one
>Vine tips can be crafted from two vine sections and a full bucket of water
so I gotta make a bucket to farm them
>>
File: 2021-10-04_08-04-12.png (2.93 MB, 1920x1080)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB PNG
I tried to chisel my own fence for a chicken coop, not great but slightly better than i was expecting
>>
Is there a command to check ping or connection quality? I am walking through claimed doors and drifters pack a last punch after they die.
>>
>>423930
I use double durability and it feels like a nice balance between comfort and game balance.
>>
>>424049
Honestly I think it'd look way better fully attached with no in between areas to see inside. For utility it's fine for what you need it for. A cabana style kind of thin bamboo fence would look awesome though. Wish we could grow tropical palm trees with coconuts.. Would look really neat.
>>
>>418333
>October 4th, 2021
>still no good vintage story serb
>>
>>424484
What's stopping you from hosting one?
>>
>>424484
What makes a good server
I can host one but it feels a bit pointless trying to split up the playerbase when there's already 2 servers active.
>>
>>424858
Both servers are pretty good. If there are specific criticisms maybe share them in thread reasonably? See if something can get changed.

I think a lot of people just have been busy with irl stuff or getting burned out.
>>
>>418333
will I have an enjoyable time if I just hope into the server with no prior knowledge of the game?
>>
>>424900
fuck no
unless someone helps you
i'd play single player first to learn a bit
>>
>>424900
I don't know. Depends on what you're like as a person. Stumbling around with no idea what's up or down might be fun for some. Starving, and getting killed by wildlife multiple times might detur others.

I think you would benefit from looking at the guides/survival handbook all in game. These will at least show you the method of how to organize items to craft. As well as basic game concepts. Starting off with no idea and with no intent to browse the handbook might not be enjoyable. I'd also suggest joining a server during evening hours of North American timezones. Tends to be more active then. There are two servers with different mods/people/atmosphere. I would try both.
>>
>>424903
>>424905
Thanks for the advice, given the game a try now and enjoying it so far actually. the handbook is super nice.
>>
how would you do a "factions" or "towny" type thing in vintage story?
>>
>>424943
There's a claim system built in.
>>
>>424947
yeah but the built-in version doesnt allow for raiding or PVP in claimed grounds, which is the point of factions
though I guess I didn't word my question right, how would you go about implementing a factions or towny war system in VS? how would players attack and how would they defend?
>>
>>424960
The games combat system and balance is too shit for that.
>>
>>424960
You'd need everyone to follow the same rules. Fun on paper, in practice way more difficult. You could utilize padlocks, hiding special loot. No claims. and have enough people on, and ideally only on at certain times. Or it's just log on when no one else is, and do what you want.

Co-op factions where people work together, and I guess they could harvest all the resources of other settlements? Or do other indirect things, but most that play either want to do stuff alone with the aspect of other people somewhere. Or they want to group up with others and go on skits adventures.

I'm partial to the last one myself.
>>
>>424960
An awful game for PvP, actually worse than Minecraft. Last thing anybody wants is their thirty hours of grinding undone by some random fucktard passing by.
>>
>>425026
Yeah, but that makes it all the more appealing for those that relish it. I don't want it to happen to me or anyone else. Plus deisgnated PvP zones/games are pretty fun.
>>
File: yfjkud0rv5a11.jpg (63 KB, 720x480)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
my local church
>>
File: 2021-02-07_02-14-47.png (2.19 MB, 1920x1080)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>418333
I hosted a peaceful server for about 6 months before the population died.

Is there any interest for something like that anymore?
>>
>>425201
I would like a server with some more casual settings like double durability, 1.5x tool speed, slower food rotting cause servers usually always have someone on, increased ore generation, slightly increased tree growth rate, higher seed drop rate for the trees that are basically impossible to get seeds from.
also smaller equator distance, while you can make translocator networks it still takes a lot of time to run between them and this game has some insane memory leak that makes the game run at 10fps after traveling a long distance which is annoying.
>>
>>425207
Can't speak for Dove's as far as world gen/settings go, but FrenZone is pretty close to that minus the extra tool speed. It has shorter equators, increased ore generation, increased tree growth speed, slower food rot, increased tool durability, as well as some mods that can help with the other things you were looking for. (Medieval expansion adds cellar ice that prolongs food shelf life, and xskills has perks for finding more tree seeds as well as making tools with more durability) Might be worth looking into.
>>
>>425246
>fren zone shitter appears to shill his hellshit3rdworldhole, as usual
>>
File: 2021-01-24_21-21-22.png (3.04 MB, 1920x1080)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>425207
I agree with more or less all of that, shortening the equator and the othering settings are easy. Increasing the seed drop could be a challenge though.

I modded the game to where the monsters would not even spawn, i wonder if its better to have them spawn but be on peaceful/non aggressive instead.

Well ill post the server here whenever i do make it in the next couple weeks.

Need to find a good server host and start exploring any newly released mods... I know there has been some mod drama the past couple months.
>>
>>425246
FrenZone is definitely the way to go. Its a solid server wit nice people.

I just enjoy a more peaceful/rp experience where the biggest threat is wolves & winter. I old and play to relax, not get freaked out by rusty knife monsters every night.
>>
>>425257
I hear ya, and appreciate the sentiment. The increased spawn rate is starting to get annoying even with better drifters. Hopefully Tyron will alter it here soon. Even winter doesn't feel that difficult. Kind of wish for a more intricate weather/temperature system. Slower tool speeds when cold/freezing. More low visibility blizzards, and blustery winds. Much more dangerous freezing water where you can drown, and lose heat quicker. Although a raft of some kind would be desirable for traversing. Winter could really be a force if worked right. Instead of just an inconvenience.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ8J4SgrZts
>>
>>425257
Are you trying to say other server people aren't nice?
>>
>>425266
Kri.. it's not too late to return...
>>
>>425272
Not that guy but there's definitely some that are fucking weird.
>>
>>425257
>I old and play to relax
How old is old? You a WWII vet?
>>
Can someone with a music minor explain to me why this .abc errors out?

X:1
M:4/4
L:1/4
Q:1/4=107
K:C
V:1
z/2 E G/2 B3/2 ( G/4E/4 ) | B,3/2 E/2 E3/2 (^F/4E/4) | E z/2 (G/4B/4) c d |
e3/2 (d/4c/4) B z/2 (A/4B/4) | c2 z/2 e/2 g/2>a/2 | a3/2 b/2 g3/2 (g/4e/4) | a3/2 z/2 z/2 g/2 ^f/2>e/2 |
e3/2 _e/2 e/2>B/2 B/2>A/2 | G3/2 =E/2 E3/2 (G/4c/4) | e3/2 d/2 d/2>e/2 c/2>d/2 | B z z/2 (G/4c/4) e/2>g/2 |
g3/2 (^f/4g/4) a f | a z z/2 (g/4^f/4 e/2f/2) | e3/2 (d/4c/4) B3/2 (B/4G/4) |
E3/2 z/2 z/2 D/2 E/2>^F/2 | ^F3/2 (F/4c/4_e3/2) (=e/8^f/8g/8a/8) | b2 b/2_b/2a/2g/2 | e z z2 |]
>>
File: image.png (222 KB, 317x367)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>425352
X:1
M:4/4
L:1/4
Q:1/4=107
K:C
V:1
z/2 E G/2 B3/2 G/4E/4 | B,3/2 E/2 E3/2 ^F/4E/4 | E z/2 G/4B/4 c d |
e3/2 d/4c/4 B z/2 A/4B/4 | c2 z/2 e/2 g/2>a/2 | a3/2 b/2 g3/2 g/4e/4 | a3/2 z/2 z/2 g/2 ^f/2>e/2 |
e3/2 _e/2 e/2>B/2 B/2>A/2 | G3/2 =E/2 E3/2 G/4c/4 | e3/2 d/2 d/2>e/2 c/2>d/2 | B z z/2 G/4c/4 e/2>g/2 |
g3/2 ^f/4g/4 a f | a z z/2 g/4^f/4 e/2f/2 | e3/2 d/4c/4 B3/2 B/4G/4 |
E3/2 z/2 z/2 D/2 E/2>^F/2 | ^F3/2 F/4c/4_e3/2 =e/8^f/8g/8a/8 | b2 b/2_b/2a/2g/2 | e z z2 |]
>>
>>425201
>roof uneven
>mismatched birch replacing mechanic entry to axle system
>ladder on other side asymmetrical to axle system
>single block of glass in eaves
>mismatched lanterns
>no pulverizer trough to funnel precious powder
>The Joker icon colors
>all icons set to appear on minimap
>single block width path with 90 degree turn
>0 chisel work
I'll give you a point for adding cosmetic brick to extend the furnace chimney but I immediately subtract it for using regular fire brick and mismatching it against the refractory brick. Is this your first game year playing or something?
>>
>>424943
There were civ mods + a server but they aren't updated anymore. Sad!
>>
File: MYSTERY OF THE YETIS.png (390 KB, 529x529)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>425377
I shouldn't have picked art. Now to read the fucking manual and understand what replaces ">"
>>
>>425388
What software did you use to make the abc? I haven't seen the > symbol used anywhere, so the mod doesn't know what to do with it. I should probably fix that
>>
>>425380
You know, some say the purpose of art is to invoke a reaction or a feeling. In a weird way their screenshot/setup does exactly that even if it's not a good one. Really makes you think.
>>
>>425520
Taking a shit on your doorstep would also invoke a reaction. Would that be art?
>>
File: file.png (302 KB, 800x450)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>425525
If you show it to a jewish money launderer it can be
>>
>>425525
No that would be a felony. A pile of poop on display in a museum? It absolutetly could be. Fossilized, with cultural significance? Or perhaps it's in the shape of something significant? Maybe it has scientific significance?

I'm not saying retards that shart in wal-mart aisles are picasso. All i'm saying is it's interesting to see someone have such a reaction over a screenshot, and if that was the intent of the person taking the shot then they nailed it.

Also this is a certified shit post.
>>
>>425380
Imagine typing all that out thinking anyone will give a shit
>>
>>425510
Easyabc, but I imported a .musicxml sheet with it. From one guide:
>There is a useful length abbreviation: The characters < and > between two notes mean to take away half of one note's length and give it to the other, with < meaning "short+long" and > meaning "long+short". Thus c>d means the same as c3/2d1/2 (or c3/d/).
>You can also repeat these characters, using << and >> for double-dotted note pairs.
>>
>>425561
Should be an easy fix, I'll do it when I can be arsed
>>
File: 2021-02-07_02-14-50.png (2.11 MB, 1920x1080)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>>425380
I accept the criticism.

This was my second in game year ever and i vastly underestimated how much time it would take to mine resources for a tower base(this is like 40 blocks off the ground).

Towards the end i just started filling in holes with whatever I had left.

I defend my choice of having minimap icons on though.
>>
>>425629
>Sayuri
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY
>>
i'm new to the game and yesterday i made my first pickaxe, i like the game
>>
>>425601
Well .abc is extensively complete since it's meant to encode any music sheet, and there's some fucky sheet around. You don't need to add support for everything if you just explain the limitations in the readme
>>
Serb Ded?
>>
>>425854
Seems so
>>
File: 1619469123195.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
red rain
>>
File: 2021-01-23_07-32-57.png (1.33 MB, 1920x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>418333
Why is the primitive survival mod deleted ? Did Tyron get jealous or something ?
>>
>>425906
Tranny discourse
>>
>>425906
VS modders have a history of being cunts and then when Tyron puts them in their place they get mad and delete all of their work.
>>
File: statue_model.png (427 KB, 1053x777)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
expect some more advanced chislework in the future
>>
>>426222
based
>>
How the hell do I find cassiterite? (tin)
When prospecting, I have found only 0% and 0.1%.
I am using VSProspectorInfo to keep track.
>https://vintagestory.at/forums/topic/3496-vsprospectorinfo-conveniently-store-prospecting-pick-results-directly-in-your-map-data/
I have tried to triangulate, but the apparent center* is still only 0.1%?
(*if I go further out in any direction, the amount decreases, down to minuscule traces or nothing.)
>>
>>426222
>Venus of Willendorf, ~25,000 BCE, voxelized
>>
>>426272
update:
might be getting closer?
I think I got a false negative or something, which I don't remember warnings about (I know there was a warning about that with TFC's prospecting pick)
>>
>>426279
update 2:
did more prospecting, it's still bad
maybe something's wrong with this vein
or maybe it's just spread extremely thin and wide
I know that they're generally flat, but...
>>
>>426295
If you can't find a higher density chunk, you might have to just move a couple dozen away. You might still be able to find some in caves in these chunks, make sure to node search the cave walls as much as you can though.
>>
>>426295
find an area with very high density before you dig down, waste of time.
>>
>>426279
I'll give you the advice that I've given before when it comes to mining/prospecting. It's always worked out really well for me.

First, the density search mode (the default) is a complete disaster. It searches a range of 32x32 blocks around you. From the surface, all the way to bedrock. So to put this in perspective, let's say you're 150 blocks away from bedrock, 150x32x32 is 153,600 blocks. You're searching through that many blocks trying to decipher if there is any potential metal ores around. That will take forever, even if you're strip mining efficiently.. Here is a much better way to mine. I have found literally thousands of ingots worth of metal this way.

First, change the method utilized for prospecting picks to radius. Not density. Set this radius to 8 blocks. This is a 8 block radius all around from the block it samples (only requiring one, not three by the way..) So 512 blocks, NOT over 150,000 worth.. (literally 300x less blocks to put into perspective)

Second, utilize caves and shafts. Drop down here and there, and utilize your pro pick on the way down. Get a feel for ores as you go. Trace amount means like 5 or so ores, and isn't really worth it, but if you find a trace, if you start moving around and prospecting that value might change to "small" or "medium" indicating a nice vein of ore. Begin strip mining roughly 6 blocks in each direction (I'm lazy and use like 4, so my pro pick can reach) and utilizing the radius search to get a feel for where the vein is at.

If you find a cave dead end, try out your pro pick. Find quartz? Use a radius pro pick to find gold/silver. Adopting these caving habits can have you yielding stacks of ore chunks. The mod you mention utilizes the density search aspect of the pro pick. This in my opinion makes the mod not very useful as consequently density search is pretty terrible currently with how it's implemented.

These are just my two cents. If you really are having trouble finding ores, try these tips out.
>>
>>426306
Density search is really good for seeing if it worth caving in the chunk tho.
>>
>>426306
>the density search mode (the default) is a complete disaster.
I have to hard disagree here, it tells you if its worth your time to even bother finding a cave or digging a shaft. I get amazing results using the density search mode to locate a good chunk, and then digging a borehole at the center of the chunk. Once the hole is dug then i switch to node search mode and hit the sides of the shaft every 8 blocks. I've almost never dug a shaft that didn't lead to a hit this way.
>>
>>418333
Is this playable with a touchpad? The last time I tried I couldn't change the key bindings for the mouse and clay forming was painfully slow
>>
>>426316
Probably not.
I can't imagine using a touchpad, let alone playing anything with it.
>>
>>426302
>If you can't find a higher density chunk, you might have to just move a couple dozen away.
Probably, yeah.
Where/how do you find translocators, and what kind of gear do you need to be able to survive whatever is in such an area?
>>426311
This was my plan, I just didn't find anything that seemed good.
Maybe the center of the 0.1% will give something?
>>
>>426340
For translocators, usually there in is one in a cave near a trader (as well as a meteorite usually). It just depends on how deep it is, sometimes it's near the surface and sometimes it's near the mantle. Also the highest cassiterite density is 0.3 ppt, which is 0.003% I think.
>>
>>426309
Caving has other benefits than just ores. Also, I don't think I have ever gone into a cave system of any kind and not found some ores. It might be borax, or coal, but that stuff is still useful to mine.

>>426311
I think maybe due to my play style my method is favorable. I tend to run through caves scanning for exposed ores/ruins. Utilizing ladders to easily traverse large pits. I fully explore a cave, and leave in about 90 seconds. I can cover around 1500 worth of blocks on a map in a day including surface ores I harvest.

Where as someone taking the time to prospect every block, then god forbid it's one with no cave access, so you have to dig through straight stone fumbling around for a couple of minutes finding a medium size vein. That could be a few caves potentially.

I stand by my advice, but I can see that density search has its uses.
>>
>>426354
90% of caves I go into have absolutely nothing in them, but it depends on the world and stone layers, and oregen settings, default is criminally low tbqh.
>>
>>425301
Are the /int/craft people now baking breads and running one of the VS servers?
>>
>>425906
> Taken down by Spear & Fang for an undetermined amount of time. Skimming the VS Discord seems to imply that the mod's current state has some problems and that Spear & Fang took it down until they are able to fix it.
>They took it down to avoid the spamming from people who cannot and will not read mod descriptions alerting them to it's unsuitable state, as that takes a toll on one's mental state.
>Of course this is just from what I think I understand from reading the Discord, not the words of the author themself.
then
>Seems a new version went back up on the Mod database about 23 hours ago. Any information on this?
>I had too many people poking at me looking for it so I dumped it back up there. ModDB has a bug so it wouldn't accept the previous version number. It is the same (latest) version and has no serious issues.
See:
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/1238
>>
Do cassiterite nuggets appear in panning, but only in gravels which naturally host them?
Or are they just EXTREMELY rare?
Or did I get it somewhere that I don't remember?
I have a sluice from Useful Stuff tuned to 1.5x efficiency, 12 sifts per block, and 0.05hrs per block sifted.
I put a few stacks of sand/gravel through, shift-clicking everything into 4 chests, and recently noticed an extra cassiterite nugget.
(Extra, as I also just mined some recently, and cheated it into pulverized nuggets. Because I could not get a good ratio with the 15 unit chunks. The 'tism says NO.)
>>
>>426485
1 in 9702 chance of a tin nugget from panning gravel
>>
Can the bronze armlets/gold necklaces/silver chains be ground or melted down, or are they just trash?
Are they worth anything to traders?
>>
>>426490
clothing traders will buy them sometimes
>>
what if you could snort temporal dust to restore stability
>>
File: ross-rage.gif (1.76 MB, 258x194)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB GIF
>>426472
Ty, this is good news. I consider the features a part of the core game at this point.
>>
File: buck it.png (217 KB, 2303x1047)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
Ladies and Gentlemen… We got 'em
>>
>>426569
Oh god this is giving me flash backs to the Snowman item issue.
>>
>>426570
(that's the joke)
>>
>>426492
Just kill a nightmare drifter. Or a few corrupted ones they increase stability a little.

I think an item that lowers stability would be far more useful. Especially combined with xskills and the temporal adaptation stuff to activate some perks.

That, and being able to spawn nightmare drifters around you on command due to low stability could have a ton of usages in PvP scenarios.
>>
>>426573
Yeah, but Arcadian Pig really pulled through on that. Shame he's been so busy.
>>
There's people in this very thread who don't do pottery with unlocked mouse
>>
File: jesus.jpg (68 KB, 600x560)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
considering trying out the game. how many people are on each server?
>>
>>426729
Not sure about fz but the /vm/ ranges on average around 5-10players, real comfy shit.
>>
>>426729
frenzones like 0-5 depending on time of day, smaller but closer. Easier start too.
>>
File: 2021-10-08_14-42-06.png (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
It's gonna take a while to get enough meteoric iron for the other pieces but we are gonna deus some vults up in here
>>
File: 1633723470569.jpg (1.32 MB, 1616x1180)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>
>update
>it's not 1.16
fug
I keep waiting to make a new world
>>
>>426922
no reason to be jumpy
have to wait for hotfixes anyways, and assuming that none of the mods you use break
>>
>>426569
>removed quiver from handbook
I was fucking wondering what the hell that was from. Was losing my mind thinking that was somehow from a mod, and could be an issue. Leave it to fucking Tyron.
>>
>>426807
It's really aesthetic, sadly nightmare drifters still break it up faster than wet cardboard. Now that people know how to find meteorites, it's a lot harder to get it, sadly.
>>
XSkills: Temporal Stable or Temporal Unstable?
>>
>>426956
also, if Temporal Unstable: Caveman or Temporal Adapted?
>>
Is there a mod to keep drifters from eating corpses?
Particularly the corpses of other drifters.
This is rather annoying.
>>
>>426956
I think with temporal adaptation you really have two choices. Embrace instability, and reap some nice bonuses, or prolong the instability as much as possible, and gain some minor passives that apply some of the time. I am interested in building a character that does the most damage possible while having the largest HP pool they can feasibly have. Because of this the unstable path is my choice. My reasoning being the extra 40% damage, as well as 40% more ores when mined is more useful to me as you find deadlier entities in unstable areas. As well as useful ores underground, and even very minor instability counts for the bonuses to temporally unstable. (Yes, even in rare surface areas with instability. Which would make for a good base area for those who choose this perk path) So having a bigger buff when I need it most? That makes sense to me. No nightmare drifters on the surface..

If you don't plan on putting a profession point into temporal adaptation (Understandably so) then I would opt for minor passives bonuses. Looking at temp adapt as a small reward for staying underground for extended periods.

If you plan on putting a point into temporal adaptation I think you owe it to yourself to go with the unstable direction. Otherwise I don't think you can justify spending a profession point on it. Furthermore, the dodging perk that caps at 33% is more effective while unstable. So that bonus goes hand in hand with the unstable route anyway. Same goes with the increase to mining speed perk. (Couple that with being a blackguard, and their boost to mining speed with a steel pick and mining skill perks and you basically become a walking ore blasting bomb.)

Because of picking either route you can prioritize certain perk points which is nice because it's a slower skill to level even with a good 50% bonus. For example you won't need caveman, or temporal recovery if you are benefitting from being unstable. So by level 15 your skill will feasibly be maxed out.
>>
>>
Is there a mod for faster harvesting/skinning?
Is it possible to make one?
>steel knife is just as fast/slow as a flint one
>>
>>427051
oh, auto-collecting the items would also be really nice
the fewer clicks the better
>>
>>427051
better drifters but obviously it only works on drifters
could probably steal the code and apply it to other mobs
>>
>>427053
...and harvesting drifters/locusts with a sword would also be neat
I can understand skinning animals, but would like if mob that drop loot, simply dropped it
you aren't cutting into the meat and bones from the drifters after all
>>
>>427071
>mob
*mobs
>>
File: u1bgldn5f3hkfcspkrnb.jpg (2.12 MB, 3427x2072)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>1: switch from sword to knife
>2: hold shift-right-click to cut
>3: take items with shift-click
>4: hit escape to exit corpse inventory
>5: if any drifter corpses remain, GOTO 2
>6: switch back to sword or whatever tool
2 is faster than otherwise due to Better Drifters, but it is still a step.
Better Drifters makes them sometimes drop scraps when killed.
If I can extend this mechanic to also drop standard-harvest-items at the appropriate percentages (and remove drops from the corpses), I won't have to deal with this nonsense anymore.
...this means that Looter(XSkills) probably won't affect these drops, but that's a small price to pay, and I can adjust these drops as I see fit.
>>
File: 2021-10-08_22-33-29.png (1.01 MB, 1920x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
I kind of like the look of raw ore blocks as modern art. next time I think i'll multiblock them with some planks to make a frame.
>>
I have a mod to melt down metal scraps and metal parts, I wonder about doing the same with rusty gears.
>>427117
It seems to have worked: drifters simply drop flax fibers and twine on death.
I still need to remove the stuff they drop when butchered, and add temporal essence from Temporal Tinkerer to the drop list, but for now/if I don't feel like bothering, I can simply:
1. Ignore the dead drifters.
2. Trade out a temporal gear for a few temporal essence via creative mode.
I also made a small mod to change the stack size of temporal gears from 1 to 1000.
>>
What's the needed light level for max crop growth?
(I have "Underground Farming" allowed.)
>>
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/1119
>TraitLearner
>broken
:(
>>
File: i smell treasure.png (1.85 MB, 1077x1438)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>find an absolutely fuckhuge unstable surface region
>there's a trader wagon set up near the middle of it
>directly next to the wagon is a pit
>I can see the yellow glow of locusts in the bottom when i toss a torch down
>mfw
>>
binoculars for zooming in camera when
>>
>>427307
>Free temp adapt exp anytime you want it.
>Infinite ores through spawning locusts with salvager perk. As well as free combat exp.
>Trader nearby
That's a real nice setup right there.
>>
File: 2021-10-09_16-08-42.png (1.47 MB, 1275x1008)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
You gonna pick those up?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lHuGMbscU&ab_channel=ScissusAnimus
>>
>>
So I've been looking through the FrenZone server logs and I'm noticing a pattern of sorts. In the last month or so we've had 15 different players all log on for extended periods of time. Some of them being new to the server, While some that have been around for a bit. On paper this is great. Until you notice what this poster mentioned >>426763 is the reality.

With irl stuff going on. People working, going to college, having families, playing other vidya, and time zone differences I pretty much chalk up some of the quieter times to these things. Although something I noticed while sifting through server activity..

>Most players are hopping on, and getting off either right after someone else had left, or leaving just before someone else joins.

Based on the player ID's these are all unique users too. I'm not talking about a random cheeky user just seeing what's going on for a sec. These are people with bases/homes and have spent some extended time on the server. I have thought about this for a little while, and I think if for the people that play on FrenZone. We could have a way to stay in contact outside of the thread it'd make for a more communal time when it comes to playing on the server. Meaning we could plan on times we hop on together, as well as share cool stuff we find etc.

I have always been hesitant on bringing this up. Because you see shit like this >>427358
Or other drama/circle jerk stuff go on. That's the last thing I want, but I think FrenZone could really benefit from having some of it's users be able to contact each other outside of game to organize stuff, and ask questions about the server etc. I also don't want to clog up the thread with minor stuff like that even if it is game related.

TL;DR How would the players of FrenZone feel about being a part of some group outside of the thread/server to organize server activity?

Also, this goes out to Dove's group. Do you guys do something like this? Does it work well?
>>
>>427377
I'd prefer just like a community shitpost board or something in-game. Shame the signboards and chalk are too limited for that. /vm/ server would benefit from that too
>>
>>427383
I know there is a mod that adds mailboxes, and a letter system I believe? That always sounded like an interesting idea as far as in game communication goes. We have a job board, and a few signposts giving tips/directions, but most don't seem to utilize stuff like signs/boards too much. Not sure why not.
>>
>>427377
>I have always been hesitant on bringing this up. Because you see shit like this >>427358(You)
this isnt related to vm or anything i was just telling people about my retartded schizo friends who dont even play the game
>>
>>427395
I know it's not related, but like you said it's a perfect example of schizo stuff going on in communities like Discord, which makes some apprehensive about joining/being a part of a discord server.
>>
does anyone have the abc pack that was posted a few breads ago
>>
File: 0-trunk.png (771 KB, 1366x657)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
Thicc storage
>>
>>427478
I need this in vanilla, hate the lack of double chests.
>>
>>427481
That image is a dev post for 1.16 :)
>>
File: 1616039709707.jpg (29 KB, 506x575)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>427483
OH FUCK
>>
>>427478
Tyron is right though. Who doesn't want a nice fat trunk to rub their hands all over?
>>
File: d2f.jpg (395 KB, 900x1200)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>427494
>>
>>427499
You bond burgered my sister?
>>
File: 1613033056143.jpg (40 KB, 680x840)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>427494
>>427499
Indeed.
>>
Can you mod the ladder climbing and descending speeds? How?
>>
>find cave with locust nests
>the locust cages are dropping drifters out of the ceiling instead of locusts
uh, what? is this a thing? there was no bell anywhere nearby.
>>
Can anyone tell me the tell-tale signs of a meteor site?
>>
>>428061
Perfect circle on the map. They're really easy to spot in plains during the winter.
>>
>>428066
Thanks.
>>
>>427886
cheat engine
>>
File: power of dairy.jpg (41 KB, 379x565)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Don't forget to drink your milk
>>
Server downn?
>>
File: 2021-10-03_19-44-22.png (1.98 MB, 1920x1080)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>428225
seems so
>>
>>428229
>tfw no cozy bayou house
>tfw still no lakes and ocean content
>>
>>428229
>unfinished garbage prominently displayed in screenshot
neck yourself
>>
>>428260
It's not too late to return, Carrot...
>>
>>428237
Is there such a thing as a swamp biome in VS?
>>
Where can a nigger find rice, is it in a specific biome?
Been searching for days
>>
>>422742
Could have some maine coon in her or Norwegian forest based on the fluffiness of the tail and size of the paws.
>>
>>428546
Rice grows in hot climates, the minimum temperature it needs is 8C to survive so if you live in a temperate area that actually sees winter you're probably not going to be finding it much.
>>
>>428549
i'm thinking norwegian aswell, or just mixxed with some of that
she's only 5 months old btw
>>
Two (2) New translocator stations have been added to the souf network, branching off from station Pierogi.
>>
the black sands are eternal
>>
>>428482
yeah there's a lot of swamp like areas, they usually have bald cypress trees
>>
File: csc.jpg (34 KB, 323x454)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>
File: carrot.jpg (13 KB, 205x459)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>428656
I have long since abandoned this game. Ever since C*rrot absolutely maimed any remnant of joy I'd ever experience on this server. You will never get your tavern and it is all his fault.
Also Carrot you son of a bitch, if you're reading this, listen here: allow me to impress upon you the severe mistake you have made. For years my conduct has been largely benign. And yet, without provocation, you have severed our détente and forced me to unleash upon you the vengeful flames of a thousand suns. You shall curse your mother for the day of your birth. So, go now, go, and begin your life of fear, knowing that when you least expect it, the looming sword of Damocles will crash upon you, cleaving you in twain and as you gaze upon the smoking wreckage that was once your life, you will regret the day you crossed me.
>>
Now I see why only one server is called frenzone
>>
File: 2021-10-11_23-10-03.png (1.59 MB, 1366x768)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
meditating...
>>
>>428954
comfy looking mountain over there, i hope you've been to the top
>>
>>428576
ty. I did, in fact, find a one before you replied, nestled between a redwood forest.
am building a comfy bayou house
>>
>>428679
when i joined he just said hi like 4 or 5 months ago when i played, whatd he do?
>>
>>429014
So Carrotscalar, or "Maldaris" has been an absolute plague upon this community. They ran a server at one point, and had a mental breakdown after dealing with a car accident irl. They threw a temper tantrum in the thread. Every single post bad mouthing a server, or causing unecessary drama is them. They grief both servers when they are able to.

Word has gotten out they are a furry (Seriously, can't even make this shit up) I guess from a project they were a part of involving a wolf penis sex mod or something.

He has even gone so far as to photoshop pictures in the thread were comfy posts about irl stuff showing someone's wrist was present. Making the wrists seem abnormally thin.

The worst part? Guy never shuts the fuck up about music. Like okay great you let the youtube alogorthim run in the back ground, and you found some weird shit to listen to. No one cares. Stop asking about people's music playlists like we are in middle school where we are defined by some gay linkin park playlist or some shit.

Faggot killed Lil Stew too. A lovable mascot, and icon of friendship. Can't say enough bad shit about this guy.
>>
>>429116
HE CAN'T BE FUCKING STOPPED!
>>
May I interrupt the drama for a bit to ask: how do I move the rot x1 from crocks and bowls to barrels?
>>
>>428954
What did you use for those wood support pillars? Looks nice.
>>
>>429188
Throw them in water and wait a second
>>
>>429188
Honestly I just eat the rot. As it does no harm. Empty the crock with an empty bowl, eat the spoiled food, then it's empty. It doesn't fill you at all either which is handy.
>>
>>429199
if you eat it, you can't compost it
>>
>>429200
Compost is worthless. I mean that unironically. It takes forever to make, it creates soil that isn't even as good as terra petta. It takes a LOT to make high grade soil. It just isn't worth it. Not to rain on your parade.
>>
>>429201
> it creates soil that isn't even as good as terra petta
Its a potent fertilizer now so it stacks with terra preta, not soil. Your information is months out of date.
>>
>>429206
I literally just made high grade soil two days ago on an up to date version of the game. Terra petta has better nutrients than high fertility soil does. If you want to use compost to give nutrients back into the soil that's fine. I just cycle crops like the majority of other people do. So there isn't much need unless you're trying to grow the same thing over and over non-stop. Which if that's the case it's easier to just till more soil and grow more at a time in a bigger area.
>>
>>429226
>He doesn’t know how to turn high fertility soil into terra pretta
>>
>>429228
Yes, and it takes 14 in game days on average to accumulate the mass amount of rot needed via sheer amount of food, and time it takes to spoil. Then ANOTHER 20 in game days to let it turn to compost which makes a whopping 32 or so out of 128. Enough to make like 6 blocks of terraa petta? Wooow that's so good! Definitetly better than just walking around and finding spots of it in rainy areas where a stack or two are ripe to dig up.

Call me when compost made is a 1:1 ratio. If they changed it in the most recent update i'll accept it's actually worth it to make. Otherwise? What a waste of time.
>>
File: vs1.png (228 KB, 3112x1216)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>426272
>>
>>429244
Checked, keked and correct.
>>
>>429190
Thanks. That's not correlative with anything else and it's not stated anywhere. But it does look cool.
>>
File: download.jpg (24 KB, 508x493)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>429116
>carrot and I are now the same person
>>
>>429381
Mal still lurks on the thread despite not having played for months, curious....
>>
>>429244
Checked
>bountiful hema
Stumbling over >400 ingots worth of bountiful hematite was exactly what caused me to abandon propicking for anything other than node search around quartz. Now most of my time spent unnaground goes to hunting bells for resonance discs.
A-am I... based? Caver-pilled? May I please have some retard juice to celebrate?
Still have gangly wrists, though.
>>
>>429446
>Three (3) bells currently at Pierogi-Polaris
Prime hunting grounds, this accursed place is, but WHO THE FUCK KEEPS KNOCKING OUT THE WALLS?
>>
I am going to make the server to save /vm/ vintage story in exactly 3 weeks time
>>
>>429487
based
>>
GOD DAMMIT NOTS I KNOW IT WAS YOU STOP KNOCKING OUT THE WALLS OF THE TL
>>
>>429446
Node searching walls is still really handy for finding tin. I've found almost all of the tin I've found from cave walls that weren't exposed.
>>
>>429425
I'm holding out hope the game gets good, that's all. Also busy with work + New World.
>>
>>429487
What's gonna be different about it? Modlist?
>>
File: Exiled.png (102 KB, 619x502)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
Well someone was already trapped out here before me, I'm sure. Anything to do out this way before taking the hike back to Bekenscot?
>>
can bees from a custommade skep populate another skep or do i have to use beehives
>>
>>429677
Any populated hive, be it a skep or wild, can colonize empty skeps when its own pop is high enough to do so. You'll need at least five flowers and an empty skep within a 7 block radius of the populated hive to do so but more flowers is always better.
The more flowers, the better. Note that it takes time for a hive to "discover" them, so don't worry too much about that variable reading 0 when you first place them.

Also, a note to cookie; I've not donated that hive yet, sorry. I've been too preoccupied to return there as of late. I'll leave it on a block of bauxite or something easily visible by your claim :]
>>
File: Capture.png (634 KB, 963x1036)
634 KB
634 KB PNG
I made a steampunk-esque stove of sorts today. Should I change the bolts to look more like brass than copper?

>>429685
>Accidentally repeated "the more, the better"
Sweet irony.
>>
File: 1626982893693.jpg (13 KB, 371x353)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>429487
>Splintering the community even further
Nigga you aren't gonna "save" anything. If you want all two/three servers to die due to playerbase distribution, be my guest. Don't get why people can't just go to other boards/ communities to set up a server.
>>
mining for clearstone is such a pain, way to make gathering decorative materials as boring as possible
>>
>>429686
Very nice work. If you get the resources remaking this with something like iron & brass blocks would look great. The metal blocks have a great reflective quality to them.
>>
>>429702
I have the resources but I'm waiting on my mill to be finished before I go beating out all of those plates
>>
>>429687
Imagine the sitewide minecraft project that the system thinks is spam, but in Vintage story
>>
>>429719
I don't mind what you do, as long as you're just considerate of any consequences and the size of this community. In a perfect world there'd only be one server for this board, desu. It'd honestly be neat to have other /vs/ servers on other boards with their own climate.
>>
surviving a 50+ C° humid world is way harder than a very cold gen.
>>
>>429727
Not like you or anyone else has any real say. If everyone tomorrow wanted to host their own server and advertise it here they could.
>>
>>429747
No shit they can, wouldn't make it good nor right though.
>>
>>429749
How is it not good or right? People that want to play on whatever server they want will do so. By having more options we have a potentially larger player pool. If more options exist more people may see something that works for them, and be inclined to try the game. If they try the game, and like it they might be inclined to try other servers too. Then they can find the one that works for them, or play on multiple like players already do.
>>
>>429487
Just don't use G-Portal like Dove's or your server will have rollbacks, and other fucky performance issues. Good luck!
>>
>>429761
the lag on that server is borderline unplayable with the way combat works, you can't avoid being hit at all
better drifters is a mandatory mod for lagfest servers, just so you can actually fucking not get hit
>>
>>429758
Cause the player pool isn't big enough for anything like that. On /v/, maybe. But not here.
>>
>>429766
Asides from the rollbacks, that sounds like a you problem.
>>
>>429770
nah, the server is a laggy piece of shit, run past a drifter and you'll get rubberbanded back and get hit, anyone that thinks its normal is coping, just go play single player for 5 minutes and you'll see the difference.
>>
>>429768
More servers means more options. More options means more people may be interested in playing. More people playing means larger player pool as most people play on multiple servers. I don't see the downside. The people already playing have essentially made up their minds at this point on which server they like to play on. (Or do both)

Also, given the way some people are in thread if you make it known it bothers you when other people plan on hosting a server that will only make them want to do it more.
>>
>>429801
I don't mean to start anything here, but how exactly does more options equal a higher influx of people? If you're talking about complete newbies here, the number of them being brought in by "more options" will be negligible. I'm sure if a newbie who didn't know anything pertaining to this game or community came to this thread and saw a total of three servers, it'd put him off more than anything else, no? It also looks like my prediction was semi-true - one server's doing fine, while it's not looking too great for the other; if there's more than one server dedicated to this board, the other(s) will most likely die out due to a small population. This game is one that requires you pour dozens of hours into if you're going to take it seriously, and I, and others, don't want to have that all be for naught. My point still stands. I don't see why people shouldn't just try their luck on other boards, which could easily provide even a greater potential.
>>
>>429836
>how exactly does more options equal a higher influx of people?
Let's say a new player looks at the currently available servers, and doesn't want to play on either. For whatever reason. Having more servers/hosts especially ones that go for a certain play style or theme can appeal to a wider range of players.

Look at all the variant servers/threads for Minecraft. There's something for just about everyone. Because there are a good selection of options there are more players that are enticed to try one that suits there interests. This promotes an overall larger player base as it's likely they will try other variants if they get bored, or if they simply want to try something different.

>I'm sure if a newbie who didn't know anything pertaining to this game or community came to this thread and saw a total of three servers, it'd put him off more than anything else, no?
It depends entirely on the player. If there's only one option, and the community is insufferable? No one will want to play. Two or more variants with different player bases in which one you can tolerate exists? Then they stick around and play.

>while it's not looking too great for the other; if there's more than one server dedicated to this board, the other(s) will most likely die out due to a small population.

Or they die out due to technical issues from their host. Each server has its pros, and cons. I think you would agree that people who choose either server have their reasons for doing so, and they're good reasons. Clearly there are players that either don't enjoy one's community versus the other. One server offers some technical aspect that the player prefers over the other.

Perhaps another server can offer something the other two don't have?

>I don't see why people shouldn't just try their luck on other boards
Then why don't we? What's stopping us from branching out into other /v/ boards to get more people interested? Depending on how we approach it I think this could benefit everyone.
>>
>>429766
git gud i fight nightmares with nudist and can still juke
>>
>game updated to 1.15.7
is dove's server going to auto-update on reset like last time? will the pirate chads get outed as pirate chuds AGAIN? Stay tuned!
>>
>Update to 1.15.7
>Crashs any time I plant a flax seed.
Awesome
>>
>>429873
Guess I'll play singleplayer...
>>
>>429727
I'm not that guy, I was just pipedreaming. But I think a 4vintcraft would suck.
>>
>>429894
I played a singleplayer world for a weekend while I was waiting for the last crack, it was comfy and I got a bitching worldgen and spawned right on top of a gigantic iron mine
>>
>>418333
anyone got some crack for 1.15.7?
>>
>>429866
>Then why don't we? What's stopping us from branching out into other /v/ boards to get more people interested? Depending on how we approach it I think this could benefit everyone.
This. I'd make a thread there myself, but don't really have a good hook for it. I think it'd be good for an anon to make a /[board]/ Vintage Story server and attempt to make a thread around the fact. People will be more willing to give it the time of day if they can get help from other anons (and as long as they can pirate it, of course).
This is advice for anyone who may heed my words:
>Don't use G-portal. Just don't.
>Don't use expanded foods as it is notoriously buggy and is what nuked Iteration 3.
>In general, be wary of bigger, game-changing mods. Heavily look into them before implementing them (some VS modders are also wildcards).
>Don't do nomap/ nocoord/ nowaypoints/, whatever. It doesn't work, and never will. (Courtesy of Iteration 2).
>Also, don't try to tweak the wgen settings to be overly easy or hard. Personally I'm in favour of a slightly more easier experience, (slight movespeed buff, shorter equators, slight ore buff, etc, this is also friendlier to newbies) but it's really down to whatever consensus most have. Don't mess with the timescale too much as most are happy with what the default gives.
>Don't set the equator distance to 800k (Courtesy of Iteration 4).
>I'd say keep claims or anything like that enabled. It's really polarising and is better left being left vanilla, unless there's a specific demand for a PvP-anarchy oriented server.
>Don't have any admins/ mods. Also try to actually be invested in your server.
>Be wary of smaller updates, and don't let the server auto-update.
>Try to keep the server pirate-friendly.
>Hold events on the server frequently (if another community ends up being established, we could even hold cross-server events)
>Constantly make back ups.
>>
>>429903
Can someone beg the Russians to make another crack again? Dunno why the server still continues to auto-update.
>>
>>429905
there are occasional vintage story threads on /v/ already, decent amount of people there that like the game
could just make semi regular threads there shilling a server, just not every day cause then you get booted to /vg/ and the game isn't big enough to survive that.
>>
>>429915
Think it'd be worth a shot.
>>
instead of just making the same fucking servers
go wild with worldgen and mods
have it be unique instead of trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator like a company executive
>>
fucking dutch people
>>
>>429948
What's the issue
>>
File: FLAOT.png (1.4 MB, 985x911)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>429935
FLAOT WHEN
>>
File: iceborg2.jpg (1.89 MB, 2450x2750)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>418344
UPDATED AND RATED
>>
>>429948
>only the porn hyperlinks are purple
>>
File: Capture.jpg (52 KB, 662x652)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>429935
Instead of fucking men, fuck women instead some time.
>>
File: 2021-10-13_18-19-36.png (2.49 MB, 1920x1080)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
i find the sunflower field really disturbing during temporal storms for some reason
>>
>>429883
>Hop back on to see what else could be broken
>Xskills works again, and no longer crashing when planting flax

What the fuck? I'm not bitching, just confused.

>>429965
Made me giggle.
>>
>>429972
>Xskills works again
when did it stop working?
>>
>>429973
I just updated FrenZone to 1.15.7 it was broken for me when I first updated the server. I noticed my HP was way lower due to no boost from the survival skill.

Then I logged back on and everything was fine again. My run speed increased, HP increased etc. Guess i'll just see what happens..
>>
>>429968
where is your handler?
>>
>>429965
>Mal's Nomap Server
Finally, some accountability.
>>
File: tegaki (2).png (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
do you accept this offer?
>>
File: qeka9bvb7rs71.jpg (622 KB, 2268x4032)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>426838
IT WENT REALLY SOUTH FUCK
>>
>find cool place for a home
>more unstable than a teenager
All this world around me and I can't enjoy the better parts of it.
>>
>>430033
Well? How does it taste?
>>
>>430033
Knockoff kombucha!
>>
>>429908
Pay the Tyron cheapskate.
>>
>>429761
I used contabo to host servers in the past and they were cheap and reliable. it's hosted in germany though.
>>
>>430040
build a ladder and see how high the unstable area goes, you might be able to raise the land up to stability if you're right on the edge of the unstable zone. My house is built so close to the edge of one that the second i go into my basement i start earning temporal xp and im almost at level 10 in temporal adaptation because of it.
>>
>>430075
Not familiar with them. If they've prpven reliable before that's good.
>>
Where are the Joyless niggas at? I've made the trek and need someone to assign me a plot to call my own before I starve to death in this barren hellscape.
>>
>>430206
Kitchen's open and stocked. As far as plots go there's a lot of unclaimed cove in the SE side of the initial lagoon (please bear in mind 'ground level' is same as dock path, 112). I'll check in several hours from now if you're still on; nobody else has claim access grant permissions.
>>
>>430239
Oh. Also: most space in the 'back yard' lagoon (South past forge) is open as well.
>>
>>430239
>>430243
I can't believe Carrot abandoned us..
>>
NEW THREAD
>>430264
>>430264
>>430264
>>430264
>>430264
BOTTOM TEXT >>430264
>>
>>429994
yes
>>
>>419909
That minecraft torch pillar gave me ptsd.Thanks.
>>
How far apart should torches be for a square grid?
(I have burnout disabled.)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.