[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: koltyrside.png (1.74 MB, 1553x1700)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
PlanetSide 2 senpaitachi where you @

NEW SHIT: Koltyr is open for 16 hours a day unless you play on Emerald. No Liberators, Galaxies, Dervishes or MBTs! However, you still have Mosquitoes and Lightnings have fun :)
Nanoweave "nerfed"! It's still best-in-slot by far, but now everyone moves 10% slower.
Ocular Shield buffed! Conc/Flash/EMP Bandolier loadouts are extra cancer, have fun dealing with invisible EMP spammers, Flash Booshers and the occasional Heavy Assault NPC-converter!
They did some other shit but it doesn't matter.

UPCOMING NEW SHIT:
???????? Maybe Oshur?

I play on Emerald NSO+VS, there's also some NC guys. TR players have brain worms, don't play TR unless you are a masochist that enjoys losing because or retarded as fuck teammates that refuse to leave their best-in-class Prowlers/Mosquitoes or learn infantry play because their LMGs aren't best-of-best.
>>
>>410099
You can't.
The guns are shit vs men, tanks, and air.
A single ESF can CAS, anti-tank, and obviously A2A better, and the valk takes two people lmao
Rumble seats are 100% useless, even when you could repair (you still die and you could just pull six (6) ESFs instead)
Redeploy buffs makes logistics COMPLETELY pointless since anyone can instantly teleport to any part of the map for free
If you want to do a drop, Galaxies are objectively better

The ONLY way to fix Valkyries are to
>remove all A2G options from ESFs
>nerf redeploy to unusability
>let it pick up vehicles like a mini lodestar or something so there's even a single reason to take it over a gal
and then MAYBE it'll be worth pulling
>>
>>417896
Put a Dalton on it and give it High-G Airframe, that would give it some mild use. Right now it's just a way to "save" nanites and still have air mobility. Shame it costs 5x as much as a Flash, should probably be 150.
>>
>>417900
That just makes it an objectively better Liberator.
>>
File: tenor-1.png (102 KB, 640x518)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
why do you still play the planetmans game, vm?
>>
>>417903
It would die a lot faster but yeah I do get your point. Just spitballin'
>>
>>417904
I unno. I like planetmans I guess.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (474 KB, 1466x742)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
https://twitter.com/planetside2/status/1441915423092580362/photo/1
make your bets, new weapon or CQX reskin?
>>
>>417918
Looks like a crossbow but Wrel posted a laughing face when people said that, so it might be one of those temporary one month arguably OP blasty guns.
>>
File: 1582768216280.jpg (57 KB, 652x724)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>417904
i wanna shoot mans
>>
>>417918
reskin for halloween, id say
>>
>>417904
Good for playing mindlessly while doing other stuff.
>>
>>417904
Don't know any other combined arms games that aren't realism sims or instanced
>>
>>417918
>>417920
>>417937
Saw someone post ingame references to it. It's a heavy crossbow called the Seeker, most likely primary wep. Has a delay before shooting, but decent m/s. Think railjack + CQX.
Two skins, the halloween one and a regular NS skin.
>>
>>417904
Some outfit had an open platoon yesterday
Most fun I had since I started playing again a few months ago
>>
>>417883

nice
>>
I like Kappa, seems way better than Tengu. A lot easier to keep the rounds on heads.
>>
>>418188
Tengu is pure garbages.
>>
>>417904
It's fun
>>
File: nvjbhnjbhnj.jpg (916 KB, 2560x1440)
916 KB
916 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
>>418392
werl
>>
>>418392
Looks like that awful tf2 rocketlauncher.
>>
Bros, i want a new sidearm for my HA. Commissioner seems good in mid range fights, while underboss does seem more suitable for close combat.
I have magshoot and rebel, should i stick with what i have already?
>>
>>418392
Why would you ever need 4-rocket unguided RL if swarm exists? And yes, UNGUIDED because that guiding system is pure garbage and good luck hitting something past 100 meters. If you need dumbfire then just use faction anti armor one.
>>
>>418410
commie is nice
>>
>>418410
Try NS pilot which is more like a high power repeater if you're TR, but I should warn you, mag size and range are non existant
>>
>>418410
Stay with empire specific guns
>>
File: 1625033598636.jpg (29 KB, 598x430)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>418410
It depends on the usage you want
Commissiner works okayish as a "standalone weapon" if you play stalker or as a mid-range option if you have something like a shotgun equipped in first slot, but it handles like shit and it takes forever to swap to it
Underboss works much better as an "oh shit" secondary that you can swap to in the middle of a firefight after you've emptied your LMG if this is what you're after, I think it's really the best option of the two because let's be honest you don't often whip out your secondary to fight mid-range firefights and you'll get more value out of your underboss in the long run
>>
>>418410
The rebel is my favorite
>>
Dervish? More like death wish!
>>
File: 1584579194009.gif (2.53 MB, 500x282)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB GIF
>log in
>try to have fun
>tr autists with dakka and cloak everywhere just bushfapping like absilute drooling retards they are
>vs gaylords with their hitscan pinpoint accurate guns
It sure was a great idea to have asymmetric balance in this game.
>but you can buy some weapon to cover your faction weakness
then what was the point of having such balance in the first place you fucking jew?
I wish the worst ass pain for everyone who plays vanu or terrans as well as every dev who thought of that balancing. If you are one of these people please shit down your own throat and die.
God fucking dammit.
>>
>>418446
NC unironically have the absolute best infantry weapons though you absolute shitter
>>
NC on emerald game, is fun updates take too long.
>>
File: Sidearm-Table-1.png (17 KB, 787x426)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>418410
Rebel is third best non-burst behind commie and underboss imo and is basically a deagle lite
All of them require headshot consistency surprise, Im a fan of the rebel myself
>>
File: 5306168.png (293 KB, 1348x1172)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>NC
Gimped by NWA
>TR
Gimped by FPS
>>
File: das it maNC.png (197 KB, 435x444)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>417904
The biggest thing for me probably is that ultimately I'm not really punished for fucking up. I could die twenty times in a row and it wouldn't hurt my faction at all really. Honestly I think they should just remove the death stat, always have. A lot of the stat whores care about KPM accuracy and other things now anyways where it used to be all about K/D. In any case that sort of outcome independence lets me groove with the game much easier. I don't give a shit if I die so I wreck face but things like battle royals a single mistake can cost you the round which just stresses my ass out. Especially when I'm playing with buddies as I just feel like I'm letting them down by being an ape who likes to engage first
>>
File: dildo gun.jpg (95 KB, 1072x821)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>418487
>VS
Gimpsuits
>>
why is this game so hard aaaa
im doomed to be a heal slut sub 1 kdr shitter
also i keep losing track of my red dot / iron sight and tracking enemies with my mouse on anything but a 1x sight is also hard
>>
>>418485
Neat chart
>>
>>418485
VS pistols are kinda shit, huh
>>
>>418671
Yup.
>>
>>418392
they buffed it and it still doesn't kill ESFs if you land all 4 rockets
>>
>>418451
If that was the case then sweats wouldn't have populated VS like they do now
>>
>>418693
organized sweats are allfaction
>>
File: AJoyy.png (10 KB, 314x319)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
https://www.planetside2.com/news/nanite-of-the-living-dead-2021

discuss
>>
>>418729
Hopefully the heavy crossbow is better than Slug Pump Shotguns?
>>
>>418729
Best horns will be available
>>
>>418693
VS weapon traits synergize better with cheats.
>>
>>418792
TR hands typed this post.
>>
Damn, haven't touched this game since my temp. TR single faction mains still got a victim complex? Noticed the DA stat site has shut down, so do you all just use fisu now?
>>
File: redagded.png (259 KB, 560x444)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
any new players in here
>>
File: ATRA.gif (37 KB, 200x149)
37 KB
37 KB GIF
>>418846
>TR single faction mains still got a victim complex?

Of course lol

>Noticed the DA stat site has shut down, so do you all just use fisu now?

It's a miracle fifty kept that going as long as he did, I don't think he has played the game in years. It didn't shut down until fairly recently too. I would assume fisu, I don't really care about my stats but it's what I see min max streamers use when they want to see if some dude is cheating
>>
>>418883
>new players
No such thing
>>
File: blam.gif (1.1 MB, 200x144)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB GIF
>>418883
>tfw I still can't decide what I want to spend all my asp on
>tfw br100 again

I should have gone for the stupid title
>>
>>418883
Where's your BR120 icon bro?
... don't tell me you literally lose it the moment you ASP :(
>>
>>418891
Weapon Secondary is almost always the meta pick for every class you play. Also Engineer gets insane if you put three or so ASP points into it. Being able to run Vandal and Shotgun in the same loadout is mental.
>>
>>418729
>camo reward
just when i thought i was out....
>>
>>418891
I did:
LA SMG secondary (Viscount + Gladius build is gnarly.)
Light air discount
Ground transport discount
HA Heavy weapon secondary
Engi LMG access (Should've done this first, LMG is a perfect fit on Engi, to the point where it ought to be the default weapon.)

I might save up for the refund and change Light Air to Engi Shotgun secondary, though. My Valk gunner quit playing so it's basically just slightly cheaper throwaway transport now.
>>
I'm BR 106
I have forgotten what are generally the best ways to grind certs
Is it still just medic/engi?
>>
>>419002
Medic as a not medigun main or rep bus/galaxy if you have one certed out by chance
>>
>>419013
Medic as a not medicgun
wha
>>
>>419016
A medic who doesn't have the tool out exclusively because rezzing AND killing gets you more score per minute and hes 106 so imagine he can shoot
At work and groggy
>>
>>419002
Try cortium mining
>>
>>419020
Zen Buddhist fuck off.
>>
>>419020
I would agree if they hadn't "fixed" the mining system making you sit and stare at a rock while holding M1, mining is 100% boring now
>>
>>419081
How was it before?
>>
>>419134
>Start mining
>Fast switch to gunner
>Laser still works
>Can even drive away and laser will still mine that one crystal
>>
>>419139
So you just need another man to cooperate with you in a mmo shooter now. That's it? Ask a friend to help you out. You have friends, right?
>>
>>419149
No sir, you get to sit there, if you have a gunner you can waste their time too and you can both be bored. I don't get why logistics has to be boring, why can't they make it a mini aim trainer with different weak spots popping up on the crystal or something. Keep the default for the space truckers who wanna just chill and drive around but my monke brain needs more than M1, watch progress bar. You do you though boo
>>
>>419155
>No sir, you get to sit there, if you have a gunner you can waste their time too and you can both be bored
Im still not getting your point here my planetman. You say that riding alone and switching to turret IN CASE someone shows up to murder your colon is fun but doing the same with someone else is boring?
That sound incredibly picky, autistic and not scholarly.
>>
>>419163
No, the old glitch was that you could switch to gunner quickly after starting to mine, switch back, and now you can go drive somewhere else, say back to your base, while still mining the cortium. Nothing he said invovled getting shot at, or having a second person with you.

Now you have to sit there and stare at the rock for a minute or so until it either is depleted or until you get full
>>
>>419163
Different dude, you're misunderstanding the initial statement from the other guy. The gunner seat is a mining laser, you could bug it out with a seat swap to keep mining while you drove away. Now you can't and get to sit still holding M1. Another person would have no impact on the outcome.

You can still farm cortium to your hearts content, it's still a cert farm, it's just not very interesting
>>
>>419168
>>419172
So it was the glitch and it was rightfully fixed.
I still think the rant is autistic (just as the whole mining thing in this game).
Good day sirs. Except if you play commies or heretics. Then have a very bad day.
>>
>>418899
all that remains after 120 and asping are the titles, i did go to 120 on all 4 before asp tho
>>
>>418887
If you didn't start in November 2012 you're new, sorry to say
>>
>>419177
>So it was the glitch and it was rightfully fixed.
Yeh i'm arguing it should have just been changed to be a feature instead, or revamped entirely
>I still think the rant is autistic (just as the whole mining thing in this game).
pic rel, and glad you agree the mining sucks
>Good day sirs. Except if you play commies or heretics. Then have a very bad day.
A lot of us play everything at this point, I'll have a good day if I hope on my burger thanks, you as well
>>
File: 1432967452477.png (171 KB, 301x390)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>417904
Old friends, a way to relax, and the sunken cost fallacy
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (44 KB, 654x416)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (33 KB, 645x135)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>419308
>
>>
PATCH NOTES PATCH NOTES PATCH NOTES
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nanite-of-the-living-dead-2021-pc-update.257495/
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nanite-of-the-living-dead-2021-pc-update.257495/

New Gun
New Implants (two may see play?)
Some other shit
>>
File: ohmy.gif (1.28 MB, 330x312)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB GIF
>>419388
>Springtep 5 + Catlike 5
>>
>>419396
Very very cool idea for non-jumpers. I'm not sure Drifter LAs will want it, but I may fool around with it just to see.
>>
what's the fastest reloading weapon in the game? does anything reload faster than 1.4 seconds? preferably with a silencer?
>>
>>419399
gun with fastest rpm
>>
Heavies shouldn't be able to carry SMGs.
>>
>>419434
Heavies shouldn't be able to carry Battle Rifles.
>>
>>419399
TX2 Emperor has a short reload of 1.525
Beamer VS3 has a short reload of 1.45
LA8 Rebel has a short reload of 1.4
>>
Any fun weapons for VS to try out? I like the unique shit.
What's the difference between SMG and carbine, anyways?
>>
>>419456
SMG: better hipfire, worse range.
Carbine: you can jump in the air and your hipfire stays exactly the same.

Use Horizon with Capsulate Ammunition. Do not buy it if you can't afford Capsulate Ammunition, it's a completely different weapon with the attachment. ~1230 certs minimum.
>>
File: 1632724709589.jpg (166 KB, 876x785)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Heavies should be able to use all weapons.
>>
>>419467
Deal, just take away Assimilate and Adrenaline Shield and they can have Sniper Rifles.
>>
>>419434
>>419436
this but unironically
>>
Sniper rifles should be removed from the game.
>>
1. Kuwa
2. Viscount
3. Showdown
4. Kappa
5. Shortbow
6. Tranquility
7. 357 IA
8. Borderlands meme pistol
9. Sesshin
10-237. literally nothing
238. that shitty fucking launcher
>>
>while aiming down sights, pellet count increased from 6 to 7

the fuck. that makes even less sense than decreased pellet spread from aiming.
>>
Tell me about Havoc missiles
>>
>>419563
Nobody uses them
Give them to infantry and air superiority would be over
>>
>>419563
you can occasionally use them to meme on a shitty lib pilot or fuck with rep gals but they have little practical use vs other things
>>
>>419388
>Berserker
sounds cool and fun
>>
>>419606
>20% increased damage from everything
>cool and fun
>>
Made an account and about to play for the first time. Am I in for a good time?
>>
>>419606
>>419647
It's for solo AV/AA maxes who can't get engies in an open field. I mean, tradeoff is kinda fucked up but you can stack NAP and emergency to for survivability or if you're NC heal behind shield at all times. For AI it's more than useless cause you'll get repaired in any medium-large fight
>>
>>419735
Be prepared to die a lot, and don't get discouraged when you do.
This game has a very high skill floor and can be really frustrating at times, but if you're determined to git gud then you should be okay
This isn't a game to turn on for 10-20 minutes and turn off, you'll probably be investing anywhere from 2-4 hours per session
Most starting guns are very solid and you probably shouldn't buy a new one until you get 1265 kills on it (finishes that gun's achievement score)
>>
>>419735
No one is having a good time
You're gonna get farmed and have a bad time
The soulless husk of a man farming you is not having a good time
>>
>>419735
Do you enjoy the chaos of just hurling yourself into the fray and don't mind dying a LOT? 'cause that's the NPE.
>>
>>419775
>The soulless husk of a man
Yes
>is not having a good time
No
>>
>>419735
If you're playing Vanu on Emerald, I wouldn't mind joining you.
Having a friend for vehicle stuff would be fun.
>>
>>419735
Yeah. Just accept one thing: it's all about you getting kills.
You captured a point?
You defended it?
Outflanked an enemy?
Stepped on a mine?
Any other situation that's not you shooting some git?
Meaningless. All of it.
Forget about getting killed, there's no punishment for that. Forget about stats. Forget about buying new guns or farming certs.
Get to nearest fight, aim, shoot and kill.
Nothing else matters.
Except probably your faction. This is very serious. You can choose between white man, retards spave commies, faggot space japs and jewish space robots. Choose visely.
>>
>>419933
Unironically this
Seeing hit indicators go big and names flashing up on the bottom of my screen fills me with dopamine
>>
>>418511
...I will now reinstall your game. I could use a game where nothing matters. You're right, some genres out there have gotten far too stressful.
Thanks man.
>>
>>419647
>decimator hits for 1200
>takes 24 seconds to heal it off
Pointless.
>>
Seeker feels fucking amazing on Light Assault. It's a shotgun with no aerial RNG spread and no reloads.
>>
>>417904
my outfit is still active and we having f*n shooting commies and fags
>>
>80 shots
>no reload
>large AoE for 350 damage
>literally a semi-automatic Thumper you never have to reload
>the only counter-balance is a 0.4 second delay on each trigger pull mini-Yumi
Cool game...
>>
>>420168
*250 damage
**3 meter AoE
>>
>>419735
every post was wrong, just have good time
>>
File: webm.webm (2.92 MB, 640x360)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
now this is pod racing
>>
>>420235
kek
>>
>>420235
>>420168
>>420059
https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/1443472693022511107
>>
>>420248
the moment i saw that webm i knew werl would never leave something so fun and powerful in the hands of players
never fucking happens
>>
>>420250
It's good out of the box, but yeah it's bonkers with perfect hipfire + AoE damage bonus. I'll likely still use it, it shits all over Tanto no matter how you cut it.
>>
>>418511
This, a thousand times this. You fuck up with your hare brained plan in planetside, you go right back at it. You fuck up in some other FPS it takes you 10 minutes to get back into the action.
>>
Reporting from Miller. Only K*ltyr available now so battles are packed as fuck
>crossbows EVERYWHERE
>ppl complaining about crossbow being OP everywhere
>opinions split on which ammo type is more OP: explosive or split one
>you can actually snipe people 100+ meters away with it IN MIDAIR
>ammo printer does not work on it
Wrel did this on purpose didn't he
>>
>>420298
Lightweight Fracture is more OP, but Splitbolt is extremely viable. It's not bad at all. I'm expecting them to absolutely destroy Lightweight + Fracture and everyone swaps to Splitbolt with double ammo because it's still good as a shotgun.
>>
>>419563

not as good with valk rumble reps gone

decent if 1 guy in an air squad runs them. it forces them to face the gank or be an easy pick without fire suppression. just pull a vektor lib if you wanna deal with rep galaxy balls.

I'd get the kuwa or kappa with A7 first, unless you want to get into air.

>>417904
I like da airplanes and general war crimes
>>
File: file.png (59 KB, 644x1075)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
GrindR bros... I... kneel
>>
>>420548
don't tell anyone but grinders have been untouched since launch day
>>
>>420298
>what if we combined snipers and pump shotguns and gave them a bottomless mag
cool weapon
>>
File: 1569209867663.jpg (77 KB, 820x906)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>420235
>that render distance
>>
>>420641
and Thumper too, don't forget that :)
There's nothing wrong with a 0 nanite A2G source :)
>>
i love it when they complain in yell every time i kill them with this stupid bow lol
>>
>>421529
LMAO YOU GOT THEM ANON HAHA
>>
>>421548
keep seething in yell lmao
>>
so he tries to fix the NPE and adds the seeker right after lmao
>>
Why so many people seething over crossbow that will be nerfed to the ground today?
>>
>>421639
>today
Source?
>>
>>421639
Because this game has no balance whatsoever, but players at least accepted most of this shit (like want to win every single close fight? Play tr. Wanna kill everyone from afar? Play vs.), when something new comes out retarded devs just have to make it stand out in order for people to buy new pixels. And you can't make a weapon stand out among dozens of other op shit unless you make it idiotically op. On top of that, people constantly cry over cloakfags to the point of leaving the game yet braindead devs add more tools to them.
>>
>>421664
>players at least accepted most of this shit (like want to win every single close fight? Play tr. Wanna kill everyone from afar? Play vs.
????
Elaborate.
>>
>>421664
>want to win every single close fight? Play tr.
>Wanna kill everyone from afar? Play vs.
>Feel an irresistible compulsion to kill your teammates? Play nc.
ftfy
>>
>>421675
Someone's gotta kill 'em.
>>
File: 1556691101731.png (179 KB, 265x291)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>ESFs and harassers everywhere hunting shitty pumpkins
>>
>>421683
Walker ANT with Nitro.
>>
>>421683
Just take a cloaked flash and fuck them up and/or run.
>>
How good/bad is TRAP?
>>
>>421666
Game features an assymetric balance which makes factions lean towards specific engagement range and style of combat. It would've been OK if not for one thing: several situations happen way more often than others. Main map objective is to capture points. Points are either in open fields or closed spaces. And it just so happen that two out of three main factions have default gear finely tuned to excel at these situations.
>that's a git gud problem
That's a "bite it" problem.
You know why nc got reputation for team killing? Because every nc member is so focused on trying to kill something that tunnel syndrome overcomes any awareness and teammates get shot.
There are shills with "nc got best weapons, get good, that's a you issue" etc, but it's just to meme noobs into playing nc to be an xp pinata for everyone else.

Tl:dr: pick tr and don't suffer.
>>
>>421788
oh great another retarded red goblin
>>
>>421790
I think it's funny that you read his post and think he's a TR player
>>
>>421805
my bad i realized there's no victim complex posting so it must be a falsflag
>>
NC is the least powerful faction though
>>
>>421829
its actually VS
>>
>>421835
>snipers with no drop
>they're the hardest to see of any faction at night
lmao shut up fatty
there is a reason VS wins like 70% of alerts on NA servers
>>
>>421788
Do you really believe TR is the best? Unironically? Are you sure you want to defend that claim? In the game with SAW, Goose and XMG-100?

TR may have the best vehicles but their infantry weapon choices and behavior are admittedly less desirable.
>>
>>421904
Are you going to double nigger and pretend that MSW-R, Watchman, Farmstice, CARV, T1 Cycler, Kindred, TX1 Repeater (read: better than pilot and default pistol) and the Jaguar, are "less desirable" choices?
>>
>>421908
i would prefer orion to msw-r, cyclone to armstice, gauss saw to carv
>>
>>420235
I can't find that version so here is the negative one, that is definetly pod racing though

>>421896
That's cute little fella but all snipers have drop if they contain a bolt. Put on boomer vision baby, it can't even be countered with sidewinder anymore.

>>421908
different dude but

meh, haven't used it, meh, meh but funs, meh, haven't used it, pocket smg, surprisingly haven't used it. I play all three and horizontal recoil is the least fun mechanic to use.
>>
>>421941
>orion to msw-r
No SPA or ALS, pass on Orion
>cyclone to armstice
I can't really tell which one is better but they both are busted
>gauss saw to carv
Preference and both are ADS monsters
>>
>>421942
> That's cute little fella but all snipers have drop if they contain a bolt.
Tell that to phaseshift
>>
File: my eyes.png (44 KB, 500x502)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>421947
has drop in bolt mode?
>>
>>421970
no_
>>
>>421690
This nigga knows what up.

I have a few ant builds to kill harassers, my favorite is going invisible and having harassers running into me, and dying. Then they pm me SEETHING.
>>
What is the worst central base and why is it Lithcorp?
>>
>>422396
its almost as bad as TI alloys
very good for padding point and click adventures tho
>>
>>422396
Good center bases: Nason's, Sigourney Dam, Broken Vale, Ceres Hydroponics (where's Ceres? why is there only Hydroponics?), Watson's Redemption, East Valley whatever
Okay center bases: Raven something or other, The Ascent, Bastion if people would actually fight for the damn thing, TI Alloys if I'm defender :)
What the fuck: New Crown, The Stronghold, Woodman ASE, TI Alloys when Crown is HESHing you across the valley, Containment Sites, TR players that never leave their vehicle even if it means they lose the base and alert because of it
>>
>>422398
at least ti lets you get into a blob, lithcorp is just getting farmed endlessly on the road/hills/paths just trying to get anywhere close to the point
>>
how the fuck do you make the SOAS-20 or any of those piece of shit auto battle rifles better
>>
>>422928
They're pretty shit no matter what but if you're in exactly the right tiny range window and burst properly, they're usable.
>>
bros.... will the game ever git gud?
i haven't played in months, i can't bring myself to log in
>>
>>423165
No
>>
>>423165
You can git gud, but the game will never truly be good.
>>
>>423165
It will only get good three months before it's shut down after the main dev team moves on and lets the two guys that really love it just start messing with stuff.
>>
p2p would fix everything
>>
Where the fuck do I park a Sunderer in Koltyr to not have it instantly destroyed + have a viable attack avenue to hold two points?
>>
File: Lisa's_Nightmareopaw.jpg (27 KB, 512x384)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>418730
>>
File: 1573949890428.png (7 KB, 590x322)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>423370
>>
>>423345
what
>>
>>423370
yesn't
>>
>>422230
I went and tested, what the actual fuck? How did they fucking miss this one?
>>
>>423729
Should be this way. The problem are the TR/NC equivalents not being unique.
I really hope Planetside 3 completely gets rid of common pool weapons and vehicles.
>>
delete seeker ok buhbye
>>
>>423787
I was annoyed at myself for not noticing earlier but I think I was just hitting shots at the range it drops from a OHK and assuming they were body shots from drop off. I'm not sure it should be this way... the gun is pretty damn insane for my playstyle as is. I always take a shot and reposition so the overheat is never an issue for me. Bullet drop really isn't that hard to compensate for either but that's a lot of flavors on one ice cream cone. I think I agree with you though, if NC/TR had interesting counterparts it would be ok. Asymmetrical balance is absolute hell for different skill levels though. Natural selection 2 comes to mind.
>>
Got 2k kills on crossbow! Finaly Wrell adding some fun into PS2. I see it as apology for what he done to valkyre and harasser.
>>
>>423902
Almost 1900 here. Love seeing all the sweaties die, finally some fucking revenge. Your net limiters don't count for shit anymore faggots.
>>
>>423902
>>423905
Pure autism. How much do you have to play this game for that? I haven't got 2k across all my classes and weapons combined and im already too bored to log in.
>>
cloaked vehicles shouldn't have weapons
>>
File: 123.png (260 KB, 903x211)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>423917
Huh? Couple days. Even though i'm not really into infantry.
PS2 really cant be too boring, since it a lot less repetitive than games like BF. Just play PS2 with friends. By playing solo you cut yourself from like 75% of fun,

>>423919
LoL. Like all 2 of them? How dangerous can be cloaked sundy or ant? Ant CAN be dangerous though. But stealth build should include 2 HA and it kinda boring cause it need to be full of cortium.
>>
>>423922
oh wait. 3 of them. flash is fun if you vanu but otherwise it require way too much effort.
>>
>>423919
Cloaked players shouldn't have weapons.
>>
>>423950
Maybe we should all put down our weapons and have a Coke.
>>
>>423034
i just took suppressor and laser sight fuck it ill force it as a bad smg/battlerifle
also holy hell i saw the patch list they have tried to buff these things so much and they still kinda suck
>>
>>423919
There should be no cloak at all. It's only annoying.
>>
>>423966
There's a super fine line between shit and absolutely busted with that archetype. They probably just shouldn't exist.
>>
>>423919
shotgun wraith flash is just a better harrasser at this point
making harassers cost almost as much as light tanks and esfs was a massive mistake.
>>
harasser cant repair from seat anymore so who knows maybe they change the cost and if that isnt enough maybe they should die faster to stuff, like with the change on basilisks to now deal more damage should kill harassers faster
>>
>>424067
did anyone even complain about bumper seat repairs prior to its removal?
>>
>>424070
Yes, a lot actually. When 2man harasser or even 3man drive in a heated battle, take 1 or sometimes 2 tanks out and when retaliated against just pop fire supp plus engie rumble repair, it was almost unkillable even with direct tank shots. Not to mention superior speed and boost on demand
>>
File: soe weapon balance qa.gif (1.73 MB, 480x270)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB GIF
>>424070
Yeah and it used to be even stronger. When I initially found it you could get 100% repair rate too, the version removed is only like 33% the normal rate of the repair gun. I think they need to up the valks health a bit though, valk kinda relied on it even though it was cheesey on a fully crewed valk.

What I really don't get is why they would add a counter to repair spam, and then lock it to two very specific items. Havoc could have been it's own ammo type or something instead of an underbarrel for heavy assault punisher and esf missiles. I understand that the rumble repair was never actually intentional but that sort of extra effort just confuses me. I could see them wanting to test the waters with just a couple weapons or something before releasing something broken... but then they release shit like the crossbow sooo fuck if I know at this point
>>
File: 1582155769317.jpg (45 KB, 715x711)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>423917
i'm at like 40k across all characters
then i see some other freak with like 400k
>>
>>424165
oh and i guess ive been playing on off since 2016
>>
>>423902
Nigger troll weapon get aids.
>>
As far as I know there is a spray and recoil visualization tool, does anyone know where to find it?
>>
>>424240
Wasn't it on Iridar's site. You know, the one that died a while ago.
>>
>>424118
Wrel absolutely cannot stop himself from inventing new mechanics and locking them to specific weapons/implants as some fucked up form of "balance". I suspect he's letting his PTSD from CAI get to him and refusing to do normal stat adjustments anymore.
>>
>>424676
I'd like to see the Yumi used for something other than its UBGL
>>
Bring back bright glowing unhideable colors on every uniform. It's utterly fucking impossible to see some of these suits against way too many backgrounds.
>>
AA launchers don't do area damage unless they're locked on, is this new? A bug?
>>
>nerfs seeker
>but only a little bit
>still going to be annoying as fuck
>only difference is it's just barely "fair" enough to stop extreme cheese
Cool game Wrel
t. Drifter main
>>
>>424815
source:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/oct-04-2021-pts-hotfix.257538/

Seeker HLX / Demon Seeker HLX (Heavy Crossbow)
Minimum damage range from 150m to 120m for all non-Aerolite ammo types.
The 6x optic is now uses the correct 6x zoom depth, instead of 3.4x.
Projectile size from 0.09 to 0.06

Fracture Bolts
Indirect damage is now resist type 6 (Common Explosive) instead of resist type 2 (Small Arms.)
Indirect maximum damage from 250 to 200
Indirect minimum damage from 150 to 100
Indirect minimum damage radius from 3m to 2m
Indirect max damage radius from 1m to 0.5m
Direct damage reduction from 150 to 250
Firing delay from 0.1sec. to 0.2sec
Indirect damage to friendlies is now reduced by 50% (same as Thumper.)
Reduced visual size of Fracture Bolt impact.

Splitbolt
Splitbolts now reduce headshot damage multiplier by 50% (resulting in a 900 damage headshot when all three bolts land within maximum damage range.)
ADS fan angular spread 0.5 to 0.6
Hipfire fan angular spread 1 to 3

Lightweight Arms
Now reduces hipfire cone of fire by 40%, instead of 100%.
>>
>>424676
Why the fuck people still pay daybreak is the question. I've seen this a lot of times, war thunder and wg games in general, even tabletop warhammer suffer from absolutely garbage people making garbage decisions. Yet nobody is fired and faggots keep paying.
WHY
Why can't players at least not sponsor this shit? I seriously don't understand. is this a retarded fear that your game of choice will die otherwise? Don't these people realise it's better for a game to die than going on this path? Look at fallout, absolute imbeciles play 4 and 76 and keep giving bethesda money because they're afraid there won't be new fallout if they won't, not getting that fallout made last entry with lonesome road and then quietly died.
Fucking consumers.
>>
>>424838
The only time I've ever paid money is for "free" ASP aka saving 10,000 certs with monthly membership.
>>
>>424817
good changes
>>
>>424817
>Direct damage reduction from 150 to 250
Fracture is kill.
>Hipfire fan angular spread 1 to 3
Splitbolt is kill.
Weapon will still be good, but looks like people will be using the default bolt now.
>>
>>424817
Huh, people in game were saying how fracture is being removed completely. Still, now that I got the 100 silver for monsters, I'm going to try out sniping with it
>>
I'll play agai. When they bring back the Loadstar
>>
>>424769
Plus those camps that make your enemies look like friendlies is so annoying - how was that allowed?
>>
>>424780
You mean the flak explosion? They should only explode on aircraft proximity, since CAI
>>
>>425118
$$$
>>
>>424838
>Yet nobody is fired
Jobs are pretty much guaranteed. Who the fuck is lining up to replace them? Anyone competent wants absolutely nothing to do with a dead/dying game on their resume.
>>
>>425033
splitbolt is still good
will be spamming through doorways like lasher
>>
>>425127
it doesn't do ANY area damage
go try shooting an ESF at point blank without locking on at VR training
you won't take any damage unless you've locked on or the ESF explodes due to the damage
>>
Is mentorship stuff broken? I've been running squads/plats for years and just realized I haven't even completed Expert on the Leadership directive.
>>
>>425391
>point blank
Here is your problem.
Most flak doesn't explode within a small distance from the shooter.

After testing in VR i'm actually surprised how close you can be and still get an explosion, seems like the projectile needs to spawn inside the hitbox to not get one.
But when that happens, you actually do more damage, because aircraft get huge penalties against directly impacting rockets
>>
>>425480
>aircraft get huge penalties against directly impacting rockets
speaking of
>tfw you deci that fucking sweatcunt a2g scythe from 200 yds out
Better than cooming tbqh.
>>
>>425480
>>425391
>>425127
iirc you only get the displayed stats on a lockon launcher if you fire with a lock on
if you dumbfire a lockon launcher you just get a weak dumbfire rocket that has lower velocity and fuck all explosive damage
>>
viscount is actually pretty good
>>
>nerf fracture, lightweight and splitbolt
>people still doing the same shit except now they're on a perch with capacitor arms for double ammo
Cool game.
At least now they're imitating HESH tanks instead of Liberators?
>>
>>425440
Almost like a 99% chance to fuck you over if you ASP, just doesn't work past that point
>>
>>425618
Yeah, only problem I have with it is that it's lacking in firing feedback, but that's an issue with silenced weapons generally in this game. Just seems worse with the round shotgun reticle and spread.
>>
>>425669
wtf
>>
>>425672
My thoughts exactly, I want that stupid hat
>>
>>425741
That pisses me off, I ASP'd ages ago and was wondering why I never got that fucking helmet or even access to mentor chat. I actually enjoy herding noobs, too.
>>
>>425558
ground lockon works fine though, even when dumbfired
>>
>>425669
Please be joking. I was about to ASP.
>>
>>425558
i was under the impression that only the velocity changes.
Another thing is the ground RL which only gets an AoE at longer ranges, regardless of mode.
There's lots of info on that on iridar's blog (original defunct):
https://iridar-mirror.knyazev.io/index.html?p=3266.html
>>
>>425652
probably just farming directive
>>
>>426071
posted wrong link
https://iridar-mirror.knyazev.io/index.html%3Fp=3266.html
>>
>>426072
Does the Seeker even have directives? I didn't see it in any of the weapon or class routes.
>>
>>417872
Why is there no Planetside 3?
>>
>>426209
the deault one dosent but the halloween version dose
>>
>>426365
Planetside Arena bro
>>
Remove medkits.
>>
>>426521
Medkits are fine. Cloakfags are the problem.
>>
File: 1588755315201.jpg (83 KB, 960x908)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
crossbow is good once halloween is over id would be nice if it continued have its place also high in the air with pinpoint accuracy and balance it accordingly so its in the line with infiltrator
>>
i blow up sunderers
>>
File: 24x90l.jpg (292 KB, 1070x601)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>427012
>>
>>427012
How?
>>
>LA
>Gauss S Burst with smoke
>Pilot
>Power knife
>Boosher
>Grenade Bandolier
>4 Flashbangs
>2 C4
>Flash in tactical
>Safe fall and ammo printer
How do you like it?
>>
>>427256
also fuck wrel for removing smoke bolts from crossbow
>>
File: 1625520564710.jpg (48 KB, 311x376)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>427256
>Gauss S Burst
>>
>>427266
Yeah, it's there only for UBGL
>>
>>427256
>LA
>Pilot
>Power knife
Good.
>>Gauss S Burst with smoke
Yikes.
>Boosh
Meh.
>Grenade Bandolier
Good in a pinch.
>4 Flashbangs
Spicy if you have Ocular Shield 5.
>2 C4
Good but medkits are something to think.
>Flash in tactical
Sure.
>>Safe fall and ammo printer
Fuck no. Ocular Shield 5, Catlike 5, Survivalist 5, anything but this.

A generalist build with an Actually Good Carbine/Shotgun, + Ocular Shield, will do you better. You are insane for not using OC 5 and literally throwing flashbangs at your feet for no penalty.
>>
>>427256
>>Flash in tactical
What for?
>>
>>427287
It's because he's running Boosh, it's not the worst pick, just not the best use of Light Assault.
>>
>>427266
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>427312
Literally one of the worst carbines in the game, the smoke is not worth it.
>>
>Get killed by someone
>Report the guy in game and via email just to fuck him over
Nothing wrong with me
>>
File: b4f.jpg (25 KB, 569x428)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>427275
>Catlike 5 on Light Assault
We can all agree that Catlike 5 is the best implant, but putting it on Light Assault feels underutilized because they already have the jetpack
>>
>>427387
He's a drifter enthusiast so it's essential
>>
>>427387
Drifter needs Catlike 5, the rest you're pretty much correct on. I still like the jump and crouch speed for boosh too.
>>
>>427387
Catlike 5 goes in all fields.

>>427312
Gauss Compact S is maybe the worst primary in the game, worse in every area than the plain ol' Merc, the UB doesn't come close to compensating. If you want burst, Gauss Compact Burst is amazing if you can aim and have good trigger rhythm.
>>
How do I VS MAX?
>>
>>427668
Blueshifts for AI
I think ZoE is shit personally so I go for Emergency Repair
>>
>>427672
ZoE is only for Bursters and long-range AV, too dangerous otherwise.
>>
>>427672
what about AV?
>>
>>427732
honestly not much of a reason to AV with a max, there are better alternatives and the main reason you'll be pulling a MAX is to slaughter infantry with blueshifts
>>
>>427813
what are those better alternatives? so far I've been pulling HA and just taking potshots with the base launcher, but it's not that good
>>
>>427814
ambusher jumpjets / drifter jets on LA with C4
another vehicle, probably a lightning, lib, or hornet scythe given that you're VS
maggie has the steepest learning curve and needs a gunner to be effective
most people avoid vehicles because they just want to shoot eachother, and as you get better at the game you'll probably come to understand that objectives come secondary to a good fight
>>
>>427824
>objectives come secondary to a good fight
something the devs are yet to learn somehow
>>
File: 1587618843029.webm (2.93 MB, 1280x720)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>427814
even if you don't plan on doing vehicles most the time i still think everyone should kit out lightning for general AV usage since theyre easy to use and only need 1 mans to optimally man them to full offensive capacity
>>
>>426534
Remove medkits.
>>
>drive under magrider as lightning
>shoot it
>it does not register as rear/bottom hit
Seriously wtf?
>>
>>427902
The only one getting removed from anything is you from the gene pool. Medkits are fine
>>
>>427335
I don't know if game has serious latency issues, but I get killed from impossible to see me positions through bushes and trees every now and then. I also report every tr and vs faggots that kill more than two people in a single fight because I hate when these retards with dozens of hours in game ruin my evening with their superior knowledge of mechanics. I don't care about effective range and whatever. I come here to shoot stuff and these niggers always destroy fun for both sides.
>>
>>427953
Remove... medkits.
>>
File: hate cannons.jpg (325 KB, 850x1068)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>427732
If you wanna use AV Comets and ZOE aren't bad, you can toggle the ZOE on before your shot and off while reloading so you're not a giant kick me sign constantly. Don't use the Vortex there is a bug where it slowly kills your fps over time. They are ok besides that, mini Lancers.

>>427668
ZOE burster is still pretty terrible solo but you can get kills where other max will not. Ambush tactics are really good with ZOE bursters and you can refresh your ZOE at a terminal. If you're going up against a good A2G pilot though you can not out damage them before they can drop you with ZOE on, both the Banshee and Airhammer will beat you so don't go head to head. Place an umbrella before you pull a max too, give yourself a hat
>>
>>428016
>A2G pilot though you can not out damage them
That goes for all AA maxes
>>
>>428019
but air2g pilot is in the AIR and aa max is behind cover
>>
>>426209
seeker kills (of both variants) count towards the Halloween event directive, together with knife kills
>>
>>427961
No reason to.
>>
>>428023
You don't need cover with 3k health and 300 km/h speed
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHm266ICe0
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHm266ICe0
>>
>>428452
These videos do nothing for me.
These, on the other hand:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPJkM3uggc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3WnuxrLCDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUqJvUjfzm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HMuWyX5N8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5t32Ub0I3Y
>>
I'm glad Seeker isn't as toxic these days. Now I can complain about bolters and A2G fuckers instead!
>>
>>421770
it was kind of shit and now its somewhere around decent with the recoil adjustments
you'll definitely play it more as a scout rifle than a sniper rifle
>>
File: party hard.gif (2.59 MB, 350x280)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB GIF
>>428452
I don't really listen to rap but the dude put some decent work into that one, not too shabby

>>428701
I didn't realize that the other factions had different music until planetside 2. These will always be home for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oncrga4zSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICXNf3aQFE
>>
>reinstalled this shit for the first time in 2 years
>played for 90 minutes and deleted it again
Terrible game but there's nothing else that scratches the same itch. Light assault is the best class and the Horizon is my wife.
>>
>>429042
Faggot retard
>>
>>429042
Heterosexual genius!
>>
>>429042
Pathetic. Here have a (you) and go do your weak willed things.
>>
post vanu spandex ass
>>
>>427854
can agree with this
it's a nice little AV solution and once you get good with the AP cannon you can swat quite a bit of air out of the sky
>>
Post fave guns
TR, NC, VS

LMG
>MSW-R, EM6, Betelgeuse

Carbine
>Kindred, GD-7F, Horizon

AR
>NS-11A, NS-11A, Terminus

SMG
>Jackal, Gladius, Eridani

Secondary
>Commissioner always
>>
>>429104
LMG
>Anchor
Carbine
>Gauss Compact Burst
AR
>Vanquisher
SMG
>Gladius
Secondary
>Showdown
>>
>>429104
Only guns that tickle my fancy are the Horizon, Newton, Kindred and Harbinger. Not that the other categories are lacking, they're just not what I look for.
>>
>>418410
Personally dont like commissioner and underboss. Used them both for a while but they are just not as reliable as regular pistols. I currently use the rebel
>>
>>429104
CARV
Cougar
T1 Cycler
Armistice
I play engineer with LMGs and shotgun secondary, so the Nighthawk
>>
>>429157
Because rebel is watered down underboss with more ammo. I personally use pilot for infil hunt and last resort primary after auraxing the magshot which is great, might try out rebel after.
>>
>>429194
lmao i totally forgot shotguns existed because i never use them
>cougar
excellent taste
>>
>>429252
i haven't tried jaguar yet, but i've heard it's really good too
alternative LMG would be watchman
>>
File: pedro-monkey-puppet.gif (3.58 MB, 375x498)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB GIF
>start playing Hell Let Loose
>Officer states he'll put down a "spawn beacon" in a minute.
>>
File: eq90u5wmpw311.jpg (83 KB, 960x960)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>429377
>plays planetside 2
>i ask for a 'rally' instead of a 'beacon'
>>
>>429042
>Horizon
so brave
>>
>>429714
Eh, Newton is better these days.
>>
>want to dick around as a different faction
>start a new character
>remember the cert grind
>go back to wearing purple spandex
I hate this game.
>>
>>429835
Me except back to White Prowler

Even with the "new player experience" shit it is still incredibly difficult to earn certs to get everything up to your main character, never mind how hard it is to earn ISO now to upgrade implants
>>
>>429944
>>429835
As long as you plan to maximize a single infantry class it isnt too bad... I've started alts and maxed adrenaline shield and can get 4 meddies and full gear otherwise around like BR 25 - 30 which took me like 30ish hours of play?
>how hard it is to earn ISO now to upgrade implants
Now this is the real chosen people level grind
>>
Aren't you glad that Wrel saved the game, yet again?
>>
>>430022
I don't have to pay, I don't use anything but default weapons and slots, I roam solo for about ah hour a day and don't care about stats. Game is fun and just fine.
>>
>>429104
Carbine
>Horizon
Shotgun
>Pandora
Battle/Scout rifle
>NYX
Secondary
>Blackhand
>>
>>430078
I, too, enjoy roaming solo, especially now that pumpkins are back, but I can't because >liberator mains.
>>
>>430112
Sad, but I just accept them as artificial difficulty of the game. Kinda like lava rivers or pits in adventures, sure they are gay as fuck but what can you do?
>>
So are any of the crossbow upgrades besides Capacitor worthwhile now? Splitbolt for hallway farms I guess?
>>
>>430352
fracture is still AoE, it's not as good as it was before but it isn't horrible for slugfests (particularly nason's tunnels)
>>
>>430352
Capacitor outpaces Lightweight now imo, Fracture is okay but it won't hold up in a fight, Splitbolt is the general use one unless you're snipin' with it.
>>
>>430112
>ANT
>cloak
>ranger/walker
shoot at it till it fucks off or dies
cloak and move when he wants a piece of you
>>
>>430433
fuck, i literally forget ANT exists most of the time
>>
>just want to fight with dumb halloween guns
>every faggot sweaty is still running meta shit and trying extra hard, won't even do crossbow because muh nerf
So it shall ever be, inshallah.
>>
>>430604
more annoyed at all the fuckers who wont wear the masks because they arent edgy or tacticool enough for them tbqh
>>
>>430579
ANT is the best value for anti-air if you're gonna spend nanites. Fast as fuck, can ram Harassers or cloak if a plane sees you. The guns are also better than Sundy variants.
>>
Chim is my main man. We go way back.
>>
>>430663
That shit is lame as hell, or taking it off after they finish.
>I got mine fuck everyone else
This is why you have to force shit on people, humanity is full of unfun cunts
>>
>>430663
>>431077
I'm going to miss this when it's gone, to be honest.
>>
best attachment for t7 mini chaingun?
>>
>>431088
I go with extended mag to send lead down range at filthy traitors and alien lovers longer without having to reload
>>
Did they ever fix the rendering distance for players flying? I remember playing ages ago and literally not being able to see whatever was shooting us.
>>
File: 1582125615472.png (20 KB, 791x441)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>431203
In a way, they've added different render distance sliders for infantry and vehicles instead of the catch-all slider before
>>
>>431083
that reminds me, I need to buy the flaming skull so I can be annoying year long
>>
>>431293
>tfw got it as a reward for shooting pumpkins years ago
>but it's locked away on a gay-ass BR23 spandex man I made when I first started and haven't played since
I ain't giving that shit werl no money though.
>>
they learned the lesson about not having enemies wear a mask be a condition in the directive years ago, guess they forgot.
>>
>>430663
I spent my sub wrelbucks on helmets a long time ago and only do the halloween masks on my NS alts ok
>>
>>431295
At least the new camo is one of the best I've seen in a long time
>>
Only 1400 kills left until Newton. Can't wait to have actually good hipfire accuracy.
>>
Does the CCLR really have a faster ADS speed compared to the generic NS 1x variants?
>>
>>431639
It does look cool, but anything that makes it even harder to see mans is a net negative imo.
>>
>>431792
Grey camo is the worst for me but only in the weird ass lighting containment sights have. Boomer vision has no hard counter with sidewinder being changed so could always run that.
>>
>>431785
No, just looks better. Less visual clutter.
>>
>can barely see someone with a 4x scope
>they can casually headshot me 3+ times in a row with a 1x scope
I don't know if I'm an eternal shitter who's only getting worse with age or if half the people playing this game are hacking.
>>
>>432490
>can casually headshot me 3+ times in a row with a 1x scope
A lot of this is experienced players spotting targets and placing their crosshair right under the triangular spotting indicator at practiced distances to consistently headshot at range even with 1x.
Where it gets wild is when some seasoned sweat does this to me with an SMG or Carbine at 30+ meters with perfectly chained headshots but only a very small portion of the population can do something like this
>>
>>432491
I report them after they kill me like that.
>>
>>417904
Because it's the closest "battlefield" experience you can get, than any battlefield after 2. I also like big battles, even when its is a big closterfuck.

Fuck cloak niggers
>>
>>432578
Based
>>
>>432565
give me names
>>
>>432565
tranny energy
>>
>>432769
>t. v*nu HA sweat
>>
Any Medic/Engi (non-vehicle) mains in here?
>>
>>432857
me, asp 80 with 68% engineer playtime
>>
>>432565
post your fisu/voidwell page
>>
What's optimal for melee kills? Stalker + power knife + Nightmare + Catlike/Avoidance/Vampire?
>>
>>432959
carapace/vampire on medic with restoration kits
>>
File: 2135321_IMGlolpng.jpg (6 KB, 185x207)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
its to stick pole up ur ass
>>
>>432857
I play necromancer

>>433035
don't forget heal nades, disgustingly strong
>>
>>433035
I have literally never used a resto kit, why them vs medkits?
>>
>>432565
>>432491
>>432490
It wouldn't surprise me if certain people used a lot of 'softer' cheats that aren't as blatant or very rarely toggled. There are a handful of people who actually are that good though, and usually you will recognize their names or even their playstyles. However, imo there is a lot of cheating that tries to disguise itself as really bad clientside, and there is even more blatant exploiting, and that's not even counting exploits/glitches that have ascended into actual mechanics like the shuffle+hitbox jank.
>>
File: 1558428956380.png (273 KB, 629x420)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>433330
>https://www.twitch.tv/videos/426811022
being a carapire depends on heal over time, it is about the only use for resto kits tho. they nerfed this but the heals all still stack (resto, nade and your F)
>>
>>433339
It's nerfed insofar that Resto and NanoRegen no longer stack. Resto and grenade will stack, NanoRegen and grenade will stack.
>>
>>433403
incorrect, all three stack. go test it yourself, resto kit is just slower now so it seems that it doesn't
>>
>>433336
Exploits are on the devs to fix though, If you don't need third party software to do it, that means everyone can do it and it either needs to be fixed or become a feature.
>>
Koltyr fucking sucked when I was new in 2015 and it fucking sucks now. What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>433339
fuuuck me i wish i could get hit detection this good with melee
>>
>>433440
Huh, neat.
>>
File: received_209912576961636.jpg (112 KB, 1080x1114)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>432857
100% medic here
>>
>>433336
>However, imo there is a lot of cheating that tries to disguise itself as really bad clientside
Explain, most sweats just exploit dumb mechanics like 00 shuffle or barely legal playclaw
>>
>>433691
You ever target someone, then notice them moving at an unusually consistent speed and angle while your crosshairs always seem to be dragging just behind them?
>>
>>433640
Based.
>>
Welp, got enough to buy another BM weapon. Only ones left are Muramasa, Yaware and Sesshin. Which one of these pieces of shit should I buy?
>>
>>433999
i like piece of shit sesshin
>>
>>434001
I don't believe you.
>>
>>434016
its shit and its still fun if you are good
>>
>>433999
Yaware is actual dogshit. Muramasa, same thing. Sesshin, it's bad but compared to the other ones is actually serviceable.
Sesshin >>> Yawara > Muramasa
>>
File: 1q2.jpg (181 KB, 500x513)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>433339
sometimes i think about TKing medgun mains good god
>>
>>434428
Medgun mains deserve it. The ones that use their gun don't.
>>
File: 1421084897598.jpg (69 KB, 1000x1061)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>tfw you spend ten minutes tracking down a BR117 infil and manage to knife him, then immediately get shot in the back by a BR1 LA who for some reason is in the middle of a 96/96 miles away from his front and who is named Ismellfart
this fuckin' game
>>
>>431088
a minigun should always go BRRT
>>
>>434196
>>434158
>>434001
What do you run on it?
>>
File: jm.jpg (10 KB, 320x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
welp, I've spent nearly a year saving up 45k ISO to buy Bionics because it's (was until last patch, anyway) the only implant I didn't have. thousands and thousands and thousands of certs buying implant packs, thousands and thousands of ISO dumps into recyclers beforehand, still the only one I don't have. now I have the 45k, but tbqh I think I may be too mad to spend it. what a fucking stupid system.
>>
>>434699
buy the boomer vision
>>
what implants should i use for AI maxes?
>>
>>434701
Already have everything except Bionics and the new useless one. Still mad.
>>
>>434936
i managed to get all of the meta implants on my first character pretty early (carapace, bionics, infravision)
atm just upgrading some of the necessities
>>
>>434842
>__ max
phylactery + safeguard
>>
>>434962
The worst thing is I just want Bionics to create a Caldari RP meme build.
>>
>>435013
That shit doesn't work anymore. Go take a look at the new Phylactery.
>>
>>435029
I'm stuck in the same boat, I tried gambling. Like 30k iso and like 50k certs later, nope. Would not recommend
>>
File: 1625508496344.png (1.09 MB, 860x1214)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
I'm late to the party
Is the new crossbow still fun or is it not worth using after the nerf?
>>
>>435430
it's usable and you can get kills with it, but it's semi-automatic and takes 2-4 shots to kill depending on ammo type
i'd trial it first to get a feel for it
>>
>>435430
>fun?
It's okay.
>worth using?
It's still an Infiltrator shotgun / Light Assault battle rifle / weird Lasher/Thumper thing. Silent, two shot kill, never reloads. However, TTK is fucking garbage. Not terrible, but no longer a toxic fucking mess. Definitely recommend buying Capacitor, Splitbolt and Fracture since there's lots of reasons to swap between each ammo type.
>>
File: EqHggp9XYAE2Qzc.jpg (98 KB, 1079x1020)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>435430
It's not as AIDS infested as it was before. So, if you're looking for maximum faggotry find a new weapon.
>>
>>435353
I'm still just sitting here looking at it and blowing my ISO over the 45k on recyclers of spite. I guess a perk of being stuck on Koltyr for hours is easy ISO farming.
>>
>>435833
>Connery

I'm so sorry friend, me too
>>
>>435833
>>435870
Server merge when
>>
>>435878
the server merge will happen before the server merge will happen, if you know what i mean
>>
>>435878
Hopefully never, cause then we will get SKL and TWC2 zerg platoons at the same time
>>
>>435878
central chads our time is coming
>>
PS2 has shit vehicle play and no inscentive to learn it
>>
>>435878
It's been hurting for a good while, PIGS leaving actually did some damage I think considering their population. I really hope they do a hybrid instead of just merge. Keep it all one server but have a map on each coast. IE: Amerish would be hosted on the east coast while Esamir is hosted on the west coast. That would appease everyone who bitches about ping I think. The aussies wouldn't have 500 ping constantly and I get to keep my delicious sub 100.

>>435883
that hurts dude

>>435885
I actually like wildtards, but I play VS and a lot of medic yes i'm zerg surfing sometimes, yes i'm mildly sorry

>>435894
this would be fine too
>>
>>435901
I think we need another pass at them, it's felt so weird ever since I've been back with CAI. The controls being fucked on air isn't fun for me though either, I haven't flown seriously since 2014
>>
>>435901
>no inscentive to learn it
infinite berry farming
>>
File: one week left.png (1.31 MB, 1920x1080)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
I'm not gonna make it.
>>
>>435969
I haven't even worked towards that shit. I wear the masks but that crossbow launch week put me off from caring about any of it.
>>
>>433999
I don't have any besides Shortbow because I didn't shell out for an Archer; are any even worth it?
>>
>>435989
Absolutely.

1. Kuwa
2. Viscount
3. Kappa
4. Tranquility
5. Shortbow
6. Showdown
7. 357-IA
8. Sesshin
9. Yawara
10. Muramasa
>>
>>435969
After playing some of the worst f2p games out there (wt, wot) im not participating in nay kind of intentional grind in these games. Its never worth it, eve. Your only reward is total burnout and fuck that. Games shouldnt be a second job, theres eve online for that.
>>
>>435969
you can grind out a few of those in one day (masked murder, necromancer) and then cough out witchy ways and funeral pyre on a grenade bando engi the next day
>>
>>417904
To end the war.
>>
>>420235
absolute drifter chad
>>
Any Millerbros in here? I haven't played in a couple of years, left because of the French hacker legions everywhere. Are they still around?
>>
>>436099
>>435969
Best way for Witchy Ways is to sit in the middle of a blob with a rep/ammo sundy as a medic (make sure you have the triage passive).
>>
>>435988
This
>>
I keep getting error G12. Last night i was playing for like 2 hours without that fucking error. Anyone knows how to solve it?
>>
>>436246
pls help i really want to play this game :(
>>
File: 3011437.jpg (12 KB, 287x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>436246
What did you try already?
You're not a zoomer who doesnt know how to basic troubleshoot pc software are you anon? Because that would be awful. SOmeone would put a finger on you and call you a faggot, a retard and that you should fucking kill yourself for asking such retarded questions. But since you are not, its ok. Right? Right?
>>
>>436272
Updating GPU drivers, Re-installing the game, Removing the usual files that posts of reddit tells you to remove, verify the game cache in steam and in the official laucher. Is weird becuase i keep having this issue but sometimes it just works. Pretty similar to a women
>>
>>436246
I run the standalone/non-steam version, I only got thrown that error on the Steam one
>>
>>436279
Its sad because i have so much fun with this game. Havent really enjoying games lately
>>
>>436280
You got it from steam but run the game without steam?
>>
>>436284
No I downloaded the original non-steam client off the PS2 website and used that instead
>>
File: 126.png (152 KB, 400x400)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>11k kills on TR account
>flipping through directives and see force recon
>59 out of 250 marksman kills
how the fuck do i get marksman kills consistently
>>
>>417872

Emerald TR suck, Connery TR are better and even have good players from Briggs where TR was best
>>
>>436359
Drop tank mines or claymores then immediately respawn at a different base.
>>
>>436359
Take the second gen battle rifle and just click heads. Seriously, how hard can it be on the weapon without damage degradation?
>>
>>436359
A marksman ribbon is 5 kills at distance greater than 70m, which is way longer than any reasonable engagement distance in this game. You may have to channel your inner boltshitter and put a 6x on something. Is it really worth it for the shiny knife?
>>
>>436279
I knew you weren't. I hope your problem will be fixed soon planetman.
>>
>>436359
Crown to TI or the hill behind Raven to Lithcorp always have big sniper farms. It's pretty easy if not more than a little tedious.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.