[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone like getting spooked? Recent update added some really cool shit. If you have a guilty pleasure for those dumb ghost hunting shows, you should try the game out.
>>
File: 92476946_p0.png (1.27 MB, 2000x1611)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
I've been enjoying it quite a bit ever since I bought it. Not too long ago I was beginning to get burnt out on it but the recent updates have helped. Ghost Hunter Academy came out as the first actual piece of competition for it but that game exists on another level of jank altogether.
The small team size is still an issue for them though. Steam workshop support would boost this game from a 6.5/10 to a solid 8, if they could ever add it.
>>
>>407719
>Ghost Hunter Academy

Anyway, the archaeology theme is a bit of a divergence, but I'm REALLY enjoying Forewarned. It takes the same basic gameplay loop as Phasmo but ensures that there's always a hunt, and makes it a hunt where you don't just bunker down somewhere, you actually have to run around the environment with the 'ghost' (or mummy in this case). The environmental hazards and procgen maps also make the basic 'running away from the ghost' more interesting, and the different mummy types feel way more distinct in the way they hunt/the way you have to survive them.
>>
File: 86232551_p0.png (1 MB, 1500x1500)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>407722
Haven't tried forewarned, looks like it's more early access stuff and I'm already suffering that with phasmophobia. Aside from better hunts, how's the gameplay loop in that game?
>>
>>407742
>looks like it's more early access stuff
In terms of jank, Forewarned is really polished, I'll admit I haven't played Phasmo much lately but it is definitely way better than I recall Phasmo being on release, and lightyears ahead of Ghost Hunter Corps. In terms of content Forewarned is pretty light though (only four types of mummy and you'll learn all the different types of room the levels can spawn within like two or three play sessions), it's pretty replayable to me as-is but could use some more content.

>how's the gameplay loop in that game?
As I said, the loop is pretty similar to Phasmo. You hop in a level, take equipment into the level (but there's more exploration here, since it's procgen, the 'truck' map isn't totally accurate, there's treasure and photos to nab, sometimes secret rooms to find and pull levers to open, and there's traps to avoid), use the equipment to ID the 'ghost'.
Unlike Phasmo the 'ghost' is pretty passive, it can do an attack, but it's just slight damage that will only kill you if you've already been hurt by a trap or an earlier attack. Once you ID the 'ghost' (or time runs out on a higher difficulty), you enter your guess into a chamber in the map where you can get the relic, which is the primary objective (and also eats up an inventory slot, and draws one of the mummy types to your position while you hold it). If it's the correct guess, the chamber opens, the main entrance to the map seals, and the mummy enters its hunt. If it's incorrect or you're on a time-limited difficulty and let time run out, the chamber becomes unopenable, but the entrance seals and the mummy starts hunting anyway.
After the mummy starts hunting, a lever spawns somewhere on the map that opens the main entrance back up, so the 'hunt' consists of exploring the map again to find the lever while dodging the mummy. Once you pull the lever, the entrance opens back up, but the mummy keeps hunting and you can come back in if you left some objectives unfinished.
>>
>>407742
>>407766
The fact that you're locked in and have to actively accomplish an objective to be able to get out opens the loop up to the possibility of legitimate team wipes, if your team can't find the lever or gets lost in the far corners of the tomb it's very possible for the mummy to kill everyone.

I don't really have any major issues I can think of with the loop as it currently stands, though I've seen some complaints that it's not really efficient to actually guess the mummy type. If you're laser-focused on advancing in the progression, it would be more effective to just enter a map, gather gold, and leave without ever engaging the mummy, but if you're playing to have fun though it's not really an issue. Just always try to get the relic. The progression is pretty weak though (costs a lot of gold to upgrade items when the upgrades give pathetic improvements to already weak items), and despite exploration and being able to get lost in the tomb being part of the theme and fun of the loop, the large maps still usually aren't large enough to get really deeply lost in once you know your way around the game. I'm hoping they'll add larger map categories or increase the complexity of maps, or maybe make higher difficulties spawn more than one escape lever that all have to be pulled.

I'm also curious if anyone has tried Obsideo. I have my eye on it and I'm the sort of idiot who likes procgen which it'll allegedly have, but the fact that it dropped without 4-player co-op makes me wary until they add that.
>>
>>407766
>>407767
Interesting, though to be honest I like the ghost hunting theme much more than pyramid diving. If it goes on sale at a very cheap price I'll see about tricking some friends into playing it.
Obsideo looks cool though. I'll give it a proper try when it has 4 player lobbies.
>>
File: 4215142523142.jpg (54 KB, 1167x758)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>407671
>ghost in the gym
>it's a fucking revenant
>>
File: 1603168012187.png (106 KB, 500x500)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>408791
>It's a demon on farmhouse
>your flashlight just started flickering on the way to the circuit breaker
>>
File: 1471926743161.png (72 KB, 265x294)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>408929
>Play on Streethouse
>It's a Yokai
>>
File: 1609093777733.jpg (86 KB, 900x675)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>408939
>It's a shade that responds to groups
>It's an oni that responds to people that are alone
>>
So is the game good now? I remember when I played it on release, we nearly fell asleep waiting for stuff to happen even on the harder difficulites.
>>
>>409068
I like it and it has definitely improved.
"Good" though? It still has several major kinks to work out before I would call it that. But if you didn't refund it yet it's worth checking out. There's new ghosts, new maps, new evidence, and some AI/balance tweaks.
>>
>>409068
>on release
yeah ghosts do shit way more than they did on release, just play on the street houses if you want a good amount of activity. the bigger maps are spooky but prison and asylum can take fucking forever. go to willow in particular if you want to brush with death
>>
>>409625
Asylum is fucking horrible. I've literally never had a fun or interesting match there, which is a shame because I would love an actually good 4 player map. Both Prison and Highschool are fun enough so they can make something of that size that isn't ass.
>>
>>407671
game updates are so fucking slow ... I dont give a shit if they have a small development team, UPDATE YOUR GAME MORE. I know indie developers that add much more content to their own game than this shit
>>
>>409650
i like asylum more than prison, anything in asylum except for stairs ghosts is more fun than a cellblock ghost
>>
>>407671
I'll buy when it goes on sale again and play in vr exclusively.
>>
>>409661
Use sound sensors you casual
>>
>Assylum
>"im gonna explore top left then"
>thoroughly check top left
>return to van
>0%
>step back in
>hunt central begins
You literally can't play asylum bcs after hunt central starts the ghost is just spazzing non-stop
>>
>>407671
I've heard this game is better if you use Local Chat as much as possible, and that global chat (or, Heaven forbid, Discord) makes it less fun. Is that true? I don't have the game, but some acquaintences do Twitch streams.
>>
>>410509
The problem with discord is that it does remove a lot of risk to the game. A dead teammate that can actively communicate with you instead of using shitty prop charades is basically cheating. It's ultimately up to you though, it's not a very serious game.
>>409661
Prison lunchroom is worse than cellblock IMO. The ghost has like 6 potential spawn locations in there.
>>
>Buy and play Phasmophobia because I actually have Phasmophobia
>Can't finish tutorial because I don't want to trigger off any ghost activity and leave after getting EMF5

Money well spent
>>
>>410509
Correct.
A big part of the game is talking to the ghost, and talking with your teammates through walkie talkies is important.
>>409650
All the big maps are 95% walking around saying "Can you show me a sign" until they turn on a light.
>>
>>410574
Yeah but the layout of Asylum is dogshit since it's just 2 long corridors a small, circular center, so there's basically nothing to do but run in the opposite direction during a hunt. Far less juking potential. Also the security cameras there are completely useless.
>>
>>410509
Discord makes the game a bit easier since you can communicate without it affecting the ghost, especially during hunts. More importantly proximity chat and walkie talkies just add to the atmosphere. It's pretty fun hearing muffled teammate screams/taunts in the distance.
>>
>>410447
I do, what does this have to do with what I said? I hate cellblocks because the crucifix is useless and it's a drag to get the camera related evidence. It's not hard to find the ghost in them, it's hard to deal with when you know it's there. Much like Gym ghosts
>>
>>411279
On the other hand it's pretty easy to escape anything other than a revenant in cell blocks. Going up or down the stairs blocks LOS for it, it likes to autistically fiddle with the doors which distracts it, and since the whole cell area counts as it's "area" you can get spirit box without too much of a hassle. I'll take a cellblock ghost over a hallway ghost on most maps.
>>
>>410556
I just play it with friends and I have to be drunk, although it probably doesn't help that I exclusively play in VR too.
Basically whenever a hunt starts I just run to a corner, close my eyes, and hope for the best
>>
Looks like the devs are working on a Nightmare difficulty. Not sure how I feel about most of the suggestions, but I hope whatever it is they get it out before Halloween.
>>
>>414844
Sounds fun too bad I have no friends anymore to play with.
>>
File: AwK9.gif (3.91 MB, 313x466)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
can I play this without a mic? I hate talking in games.
>>
>>415812
For Phasmophobia the Spirit Box item needs you to have a microphone i.e. you will talk into the box
>>
>>415812
You can do what Insym does sometimes and have prerecorded phrases to play
>>
>>407671
safe to assume halloween sale soon?
14 bux pretty cheap tho
>>
>>415812
I'm the opposite
forced mic is better multiplayer experience
you can guess the age, maturity and background of randoms
you can enjoy old-school trash talk like its the year 2000. (not in phasmo, because cooperative and people are nice)
>>
The List so far:
>Phasmophobia
>Ghost Hunter Corps
>Forewarned
>Obsideo (?)
Did i miss anything else?

Phasmo is so fucking stale because dev is a retard and doesn't understand what makes the game fun.
Switched to IL2CPP because muh code safety and effectively cucked everyone on fan mods.
Thanks nigger.

I didn't play Ghost Hunter Corps yet, seemed like janky streamerbait.

Just tested Forewarned with a friend, the potential is there but it's very lacking.

No idea about Obsideo, did anyone try it?
>>
>>416760
There's also
>The Hauntings (not out yet, looks really good from the dev plans I've seen/heard, IF they can actually deliver, seems susceptible to overambition/nice ideas just not working in practice)
>SIN Unit (looks awful, worth watching the trailers for a laugh though, got to love a game that can't even keep its FPS up for the trailer)
>Haunt Chaser (reviews claim it's a combo of Dead by Daylight and Phasmolike but I'm not sure, only one map is offputting to me)
>Phantom Hysteria (not out yet)
>>
>>416760
>Switched to IL2CPP because muh code safety and effectively cucked everyone on fan mods.
I'm a broken record about this but legitimately, all phasmo needs is mod support of some kind and the fact they've gone out of their way to remove that is ridiculous regardless of the reason. Set up a modded realm or whatever so people can't fuck over other people's inventories or levels in a lasting way.
>>
>>416803
The Hauntings looks bare bones even for early access. Their ideas are neat but until I see an actual demonstration of the gameplay loop I can't have much faith in it.
Haunt Chaser looks surprisingly polished. Not a bad concept either, but I wasn't too impressed by the gameplay I did see.
Phantom Hysteria might actually have a single A studio's worth of funding behind it as opposed to the shoestring budget of everything else. Besides that I'm feeling mixed about it. Looks like it might actually have decent assets for everything but the gameplay is just about fighting a ghost rather than having a focus on investigation. Might be fun in a kitschy sort of way.
I'll praise SIN Unit on exactly one point: when you look down you can see the rest of your character's body. At least for one player model.
>>
It's a neat game though I only play it rarely and with friends. I like how the game can go from a Scooby-Doo murder mystery to a slasher in an instant.
It feels a lot like PUBG of it's genre in the sense that, while it's the most popular one now, I can see a different company releasing a better more polished version of the same game before this one leaves early access.

I know the puzzle is to figure out what kind of a ghost you're dealing with per investigation but that also means all of the ghost types just blend together and every match feels very samey. I usually don't play for long since I just get bored once the novelty of the concept wears off.
>>
>>417053
>It feels a lot like PUBG of it's genre in the sense that, while it's the most popular one now, I can see a different company releasing a better more polished version of the same game before this one leaves early access.
I think that's what most of us expect at this point.
Even then I think they could avoid that by doubling down on the investigation angle. Everything else so far seems to be a poor imitation or trying to innovate based on you "fighting" the ghost. Improving the investigations or making the process more nuanced puts them above low effort clones and avoids competing with newer titles in gameplay they probably can't beat due to team size, funding, engine, game design experience, etc. One thing I'd like to see is more "benign" or "neutral" ghosts in addition to whatever you're primarily after. Ghost hunting shows and whatnot are a guilty pleasure of mine and one thing I really liked in them is the concept that haunted shitholes are more like a hive of active ghosts, not just one. In these cases the alpha ghost shows up and beats the others into submission (or so the psychics say). Having a few of these scattered around the area that you have to identify could be neat, and give you meaningful side objectives to work on in larger maps. They could also be a sort of soft evidence during the investigation. Like, banshees could be known to work alone whereas goryo have a ton because they used to be important people.
>>
>>417043
Big truth.
And what grinds my gears are some fucking redditors that pretend like they are gaming industry gods and shake their heads just by sheer mention of "Early Access Phasmophobia" and "Modding".
Unironically i had some nigger reply to me on /v/ with something along the lines of "Phasmophobia is in early access? Modding? Uh. Shaking my head. Don't explain to me even how this is supposed to work".
Like, fucking niggerfaggot just 41% yourself, if Risk of Rain 2 could do mods while in Early Access, why is it an issue for Phasmophobia.
Unironically there should be permabans for newfaggotry.
>>
As a horror fan, been dying to try phasmophobia but all of my friends are too scared to play horror game.

I'm used to playing singleplayer games, and only play multiplayer if my friends play it as well.

How hard/easy to play phasmo with random? Do i really need to speak perfect english for the mic to register input?
>>
>>417088
>Don't explain to me even how this is supposed to work
What the fuck was he talking about? It literally had mods they had to disable because it was also a way to delete someone's inventory and set them to -$100,000. But for a brief time you could experience of the kino of lmao 2 ghost.
>>417095
My experience with randoms in this game is joining asian servers and dicking around with koreans. But they're usually good sports about my burger antics so if that's anything to go off of it's not too bad. And while you can grief it's not really worth it since you keep everything you brought if you d/c (so long as you haven't died).
You don't need to worry about speaking clear english to the ghost though. It understands basic phrases in the usual major languages and reacts to people talking in general. And I'm pretty sure if it's a Spirit Box ghost then it will just tell you where it is if it can't understand what you're saying. So long as you can say "show yourself" and "where are you" you're good. Also, saying the ghost's name is useful but not important - you only need to worry about that when you really want to bait a hunt for whatever reason.
>>
File: 20210926193201_1.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
got this absolute DEVIOUS LICK
>>
>>417072
exactly my feelings on it, and exactly why phasmo's competition is falling flat for me. they all seem to be more interested in either adding a mechanic to fight/exorcise the ghost, or create explosively active superghosts like it's the conjuring or some other copy paste dogshit horror movie. they're moving away from the inspiration instead of taking more from it.
neutral ghosts have more potential to be scary than the hostile ones, hunts lose all of their potency when you loop the ghost around a counter and call it nigger to it's face. whats worse is I heard the devs are considering adding in some fnaf bullshit jumpscare if you get caught. a stiff piss textured face going ooga booga would take away even more from what little hunts have left going for them.
>>
>>410449
What are candles?
>>
>>414844
The discord is full of idiots who don't even play the game or couldn't even understand what the devs were asking for.
That said, I saw pretty interesting stuff in there. The one that caught my attention the most was "some lockers can randomly lock during a hunt". Boy, running to hide only to realise it's closed and have to think fast to a plan B... These are the most fun situations I got into this game. Yesterday I was putting my flashlight on the floor to light up some space in preparation for the next hunt we wanted to escape, and I was going to pickup another one from my dead mate in bathroom, and that cunt phantom decided to hunt me when I was blind and cut my path to the lockers... Had to hide the same spot the other dude died in, clench my butt and pray RNJesus.
>>
>playing any house level
>wash the residents dishes before leaving
>>
>>418691
>or couldn't even understand what the devs were asking for
I like how one of the highest rated suggestions is adding in "elite ghosts that need 4 pieces of evidence." A complete lack of critical thinking, though the mods fail to spell it out initially that they aren't making anything exclusive to the new difficulty. Also a lot of calls of hallucinations and jumpscares. I'm more mixed about that, but that's coming in "horror 2.0" anyways.
Another headscratcher is the call for fake evidence. This game is already janky enough thanks to the Unity engine. Why deliberately add more of it in? I think the only actual suggestions I liked were:
>either no van or the ghost can hunt outside (but now you need to buff the ghost's hunting so it could ever reach the damn thing)
>random doors are opened at the start/random doors are locked (has potential)
>ghost can kill multiple times in a hunt (desu demons should already be able to do this on any difficulty)
>>
>>418753
>ghost can hunt outside
>ghost is a banshee
>hunts immediately
>kills you before you enter the house
>lose all your shit
this would be gold but all the complaining would ruin it
>>
>>418836
I think you would be safe assuming the ghost can't leave the house until it hunts (since it needs to stare at you before using its power) or you have a cross in the van.
A demon though could start fucking from the moment it doesn't like you.
>>
>>418753
The people who want the ghost to come outside and to the van just watched too many GHC streams, and fail to realise it's only scary to noobs.
>>
>>415923
>you can enjoy old-school trash talk like its the year 2000.
Except you can't because now it's all recorded analyzed transcribed stored and used against you forever.
>>
>>418721
My friends and I actually do this, we have to identify the ghost, find every dish in the house, put them in the sink, then close all the doors before leaving.
It makes a pretty hard challenge
>>
Any way to play with more than 4 players, most thing i google seem to be patched or broken.
>>
>>419402
Nope, not since >>416760 happened.
>>
>>418956
>Except you can't because now it's all recorded analyzed transcribed stored and used against you forever.
You make it sound like you're important enough that someone wants to do that to you.
Being insignificant is it's own security.
>>
>>419138
lmao it'd be fun if they actually tracked and rewarded you extra cash for collecting all the dishes and putting them in the sink.

Maybe even making that sort of thing as an unwritten challenge for the game would elevate the gameplay experience even further, because people would then be hunting for new hidden challenges and shit (and be rewarded for it).
>>
I just noticed a game called Devour exists, any thoughts on it? Looks like more schlock at a glance.
>>
>>423026
From what I know it's more of a Pacify clone than a Phasmo clone. Not much of a connection beyond co-op horror, but I haven't played it so don't take my word for it.
>>
>It's 2021 and Damned is dead and forgotten
Why am i still alive
>>
>>423026
You see Left 4 Dead 2 scavenge mode, where you have to pick up cans of gas and fill up a generator? With hordes and tanks incoming?
It's basically the same, except you don't have guns.
It's kinda like a fast paced run and organize to collect stuff to bring them to a central point. You have small mobs you can disperse with a UV flashlight, and then a big mob that enrages and kills you if it catches you.
>>
File: 1619328944694.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>423733
That worse than what I imagined.
>>
>>423726
Damned got a Mandalore video, that's better than what 99% of these indie horror games will get in terms of marketing. They have no excuse.
>>
>>423748
He made the video way after the game died though, the Brazillians stopped caring at that point, and i'm pretty sure the game didn't even get a population boost through his video.
It's a shame really.
>>
>>423744
All you do is spend your time kiting the thing and revive your downed team mates.
Gameplay can be interesting if that's your kind of thing, but it's no horror.
>>
File: EVEN MORE GHOSTS.png (1.57 MB, 1920x1080)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>wowee two more spooknigs
That's great and all but I'm still waiting on any goddamn nightmare difficulty news.
>>
>>407671
The first time I played in VR I had expected to piss and shit in fear. Maybe it was the 60 hours I already sunk into the game, but it was a little disappointing.
>>
>>415812
not really. speaking through the spirit box is required to identify some ghosts, and saying its name and other phrases can be used to get it angry
>>
File: two.jpg (21 KB, 654x469)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>425470
Just give me a map editor
>>
>>425897
Dknighter seems actively opposed to user content, considering the bizarre excuses he comes up with when asked about it.
https://youtu.be/gIKxoP_6rDs?t=1114
>>
File: disappointed cat.jpg (120 KB, 884x1074)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>425936
What core values? It's a fucking indie puzzle game with a ghost hunting backdrop.
>>
>>425749
after the box has been in the room long enough the ghost will just start talking through it anyway. used to lead to some really funny moments during hunts before they changed the TTS to the cringey whispers
>>
File: 1629665000487.gif (329 KB, 671x1019)
329 KB
329 KB GIF
>>425962
>before they changed the TTS to the cringey whispers
They're so soulless. That and some of the new materialization themes. Why the fuck is Betty Garcia, the 800 year old Japanese Yokai with the model of a crawling fetus, singing "Ring Around the Rosie"? It's more immersion breaking than her possessing Microsoft Sam and gargling at me.
>>
>>425962
true, but that would be a pretty unreliable way identifying evidence as that doesnt happen all the time
>>
>>425936
He is really keen on killing his game.
>>
File: hoffnung.png (349 KB, 666x440)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>425936
>>425962
>>425983
it's genuinely terrible, I guess the creator's "vision" was to make a generic ghost game cliche as fuck SFX
>>
>>425962
>changed the TTS to the cringey whispers
I just turn it off as soon as I get the evidence now. It's so bad.
>but muh girlfriend helped record them
I don't fucking care faggot
>>
>>425983
>Ring Around the Rosie
Don't get me started on this, it's absolutely awful.
>>
File: EUtjIcMXgAAHhf1.jpg (64 KB, 1029x772)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>425983
>>426198
I dont know where this fucking retarded normie fear of nursery rhymes and le long hair japanese ghost girls come from, it's the gayest thing in the fucking world. I swear to god the ring around the rosie sound has a really high priority to play too, 90% of the ghosts I get do it, I heard they added other materialization themes but I wouldn't know because all I ever fucking hear is the ring around the rosie one.
>>
Fucking Malum dev, i'm supposed to be scared, not have a boner, idiot.
>>
>>416760
>No idea about Obsideo, did anyone try it?
Finally got around to trying it. It sort of pains me to say given how dedicated the dev looks judging from the steam forums, but I don't recommend it in its current state. It's a functional game and it does feel more horror-oriented than GHC despite including exorcisms, but the loop just isn't very good in its current state. It's a bit hard to articulate my issues with it since every time I write out a complaint it sounds like I'm describing Phasmophobia, but it feels like there's no strategy in what you're doing or any sort of interaction with the environment or ghost. In Phasmo there's ambiguity if you've got the right room, trade-offs on staying in the room, near the room, or observing the room with cameras, using incomplete evidence to judge what evidence to focus on, paying attention to the environment so you can chase down the ghost when it's on the move, etc. In Obsideo the equipment-based evidence is all purely tied to the room, while the ghost behavior evidence seems to happen all over the house all the time with no connection to anything you do, so it's dump equipment in the room and just wander around watching and waiting for the ghost to do something that lowers its type down. Trying to find the Matryoshka doll is about the only engaging part, since it can show up in drawers and shit. The sanity mechanic equivalent is also pretty bad- it rises a lot faster than phasmo, but you can drop it by standing outside where it's safe, which leads to wandering around the house being followed by idle periods of standing around outside doing nothing.

It wasn't awful (close to five hours of play and I am probably going to go back some more today) and it might be worth checking out right now if you want to try and convince the dev to go in a certain direction since they seem big on taking suggestions, and I think it has a lot of potential overall, but it REALLY does not feel like a finished or full game as-is.
>>
>>423726
>>423748
There's an active effort to remake the game on a new engine
>>
File: 1633860160368.jpg (871 KB, 3000x2118)
871 KB
871 KB JPG
Radio silence from the devs in the phasmophobia >discord. I'm starting to wonder if the update will even be ready for Halloween.
>>
>>430558
Well, I could spot the devs with "working on [REDACTED]" under their names.
And yesterday it changed to "testing [REDACTED]"
So anytime now.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (3 KB, 216x50)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>430627
>>430558
>>
Not sure if it's gonna drop tomorrow, in which case they'll skip one weekend.
Horror programs are starting here and there, and if phasmo isn't in there, it's gonna be a huge miss.
>>
Anyone down to play some right now? My friends aren't on and I don't want to join a lobby with literal kids
>>
>>430922
It's part of his vision, please understand.
>>431822
I'm kind of burnt out until the update desu.
>>
>>407671
i'm gonna wait until the halloween steam sale, if it doesnt go on sale for that then it never will and i'll buy it anyway
>>
>>432526
It's 12-14 bucks, honestly, how much off do you want?
>>
>>432602
at least 1 penny
>>
>>
>>433603
This looks actually really shit.
>t. always plays professional and never uses sanity pills
>>
>>433603
I'm not sure I'll like whatever they're changing with Professional, I thought it was in a nice place considering we're supposed to get Nightmare mode.
>>
>>433674
This picture doesn't imply they're changing anything in professional at all.
But the fact the modifiers are explicitely written now can mean they would be different in lower difficulties and less confusing for new players.
>>
>>420966
with Google deepmind that line of reasoning will be irrelevant. your profile will have all data assigned to you and anyone that will pay to see it, will see it. like an employer.
>>
>>433681
That's a nice quality of life change then.
>>
>>416760
Somni as well, though the reviews seem to be universally
>this has potential but it's not ready even for early access at this point
>>
>>433681
>>433824
Weren't they marketing this update as horror 2.0 though? I'm pretty sure I've heard them or someone who knows them talk about changes to professional in the coming update. Plus I doubt the big horror 2.0 Halloween update will just consist of 2 new ghosts and some quality of life changes. But then again, the devs are constantly surprising me with how buttfucking retarded they are. Honestly I'm just a simple man who only wants thermal cameras in the game.
>>
>>434764
The "Horror 2.0" update points are incredibly vague and are planned to occur over the course of several updates, meaning it's literally just design goals. I can't think of another game which teased "____ 2.0" which was nothing but general improvements they planned to make to a game. The only actual new feature teased for it is hallucinations, and who knows how the fuck those will actually be implemented (if they ever are).
But at least the Halloween update is in testing. It might actually make it to Halloween!
>>
>>407671
I played this game in January and had tons of fun, but felt like the ghosts took ages to do anything on bigger maps and the small maps could be completed too quickly. Is it still like that?
>>
Looks like we are getting that update in time for Halloween after all. No details available yet though.
>>435057
Ghosts are more active but it's not great as each ghost has a randomly generated personality. So you can have a contradictory combination like "phantom (a ghost that is most active with 1 player) that is most active with more people around," so it won't do anything until everyone starts screaming in its room at 50% sanity. Other times you can get a equivalent of a camwhore who will start throwing doodads, turning on faucets, collect calling, and pissing ectoplasm the moment you step through the door.
In my experience, the best way to handle ghosts on large maps is 1. turn on the breaker and 2. place sound sensors around the area and then 3. leave. Once you get a few readings you can more or less pinpoint where it is with the thermometer, since even shy ghosts will tiptoe around and create some basal level of sound from time to time.
>>
File: ghost with the most.jpg (27 KB, 800x450)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>435385
And the patch is out.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/739630/announcements/detail/4624626247919023466
Highlights:
>sanity pills nerfed
>new map
>weather
>even more nip ghosts
>temp and fingerprint evidence now more annoying to get
>new mode is the same except the ghost can chain hunt kill people
It's something, but apparently the answer in the dev's mind to improving the game is similar to Intel's: just add more ghosts.
>>
had a feeling something's going to happen at the end of the docks, and I was right lel
>>
117181, US for anyone who wants to play, nightmare mode, i'll be bringing equipment
>>
>>436791
I'd be up if I wasn't stuck in this wage cage, gl though.
>>
>sit in Tanglewood
>be extra thorough and shit because new update
>breaker: on
>set up Sound Sensors for Kitchen, Garage and put one in Nursery to cover majority of the map without having the yellow squares on the map intersecting
>Dump both books in the Garage, one at the entrance one somewhere else
>Set up Movement Sensors, 2 at the Kitchen where one is at the entrance to the utility/garage and the other is towards living room
>Another 2 Sensors at the pathway to the bathroom and one at the entrance to nursery
>Sit forever checking DOTS and Cams
>Observe Movement Sensors
>try to make sense of it because The Twins is now a thing
>go back in to check for Spirit Box
>Freezing Breath in the Garage
>good
>EMF5 also in the Garage
>Back at the van, more staring at the Map and Sensors
>0.5 sound in Nursery
>0.5 in Garage without tripping Movement Sensors
>more waiting
>0.5 in Dining Room
>0.5 in Garage at the same time
>Lock in The Twins and fuck off
>Time Spent: 36mins
>Time Spent in Dark: 8m
>Time Spent in Ghost Room: 1m
>Ghost Type was: Jinn
"Ghosts will hide one type of evidence" is probably the dumbest fucking addition to this difficulty and apparently the garage wasn't even his room.
>>
>>436803
Can't believe that change made it in but hey, people were begging for it and it fit with his V I S I O N
>>
>>436812
I've literally played it again and it's just absolutely retarded.
>Garage again
>Do the whole shebang again
>Finally see some dogshit whizz through DOTS
>Find Fingies on the door
>Phantom, Banshee, Goryo
>Can't be Goryo because saw it on DOTS without the Cam
You wanna throw a coin?
Wanna just fucking guess?
Which is it? Phantom or Banshee?
>locked in Phantom
>Ghost Type was: Banshee
I literally see no reason to play this game mode, i can just load in and roll a 1 in a 20 instead of spending dozens of minutes wasting time to come down to a coin toss.
Vision my ass, that faggot has absolutely zero clue about game design and doesn't understand how to make fun games.
>>
>>436819
It's absolutely retarded but that's what Discord and Steam forum fags were begging for. And now they're asking for jump scares, so get ready for that in three months.
In the meantime though you can now hunt the terrifying local Japanese thunder-fox god Jose de la Cruz (haunting John Smith's garage in Ohio)!
>>
>>436823
Like, i don't get it, what kind of idiot makes a game about collecting 3 clues and then decides "BUT FOR NEXT GAME MODE, IT WILL ONLY BE 2 CLUES OUT OF 3".
Like what am i supposed to do here, i will obviously find 2 and just do the coin toss.
Fucking game used to have some pseudo-science before the DOTS Projector update where you could observe the ghosts and what they are doing, but i don't see it anymore, they all do the same shit.
Both Banshee and the Phantom and so the Jinn, all did the same shit.
>>
And you apparently can't see the ghost. I just hunted by a Mare and had to go just off the sound of the footsteps it was doing.
Update is ass, dev is a retard.
>>
>>436833
Wait what, are you sure you can't see it? That's not in the patch notes.
>>
>>436833
what are you talking about anon? you can see them just fine. in fact it's hard to get ghost photos now because they made the ghost event showing itself is identical to a hunt
>>
File: 20211025050943_1.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>
>>436839
>>436848
Nah. The ghost was straight up invisible.
Obviously faggot rolled out the update without having tested everything.
>>
How's nightmare on small maps? No hiding places + multiple kills per hunt sounds bs
>>
>>436937
i think it's fine,
i think nightmare's 2/3 evidence is fine, each of the ghosts have certain ways they act usually, so it's not hard to figure it out
>>
>>436819
Why did you lock in phantom without taking a picture of it first?
git gud.
>>
>ghost straight up got optical camouflage now
Where's the fun in that? How is that engaging in anyway?
>>
>>436826
>no closets
>chain kills
>no sanity monitoring and nerfed pills.
If it wasn't for that missing evidence shit, it would be super fun.
People kept asking for that but the idiots can't play it. They wanted their fav streamer to do play it.
Meanwhile we've been doing no-evidence runs or randomizers since forever and we didn't need to ruin a whole difficulty ruleset for everyone.
>>
114136, US, i'll bring the gear; nightmare mode runs
>>
>>436819
you're just shit.
you can check for a phantom by taking a photo.
if it doesnt appear in the photo but the photo still says "Ghost" it's a phantom.

if you were multiplayer you couldve tested for a banshee during a hunt.
>>
It feels really difficult to actually tell when the fuck a hunt has begun now. I think the way it worked before was much spookier and felt more fair.
>>
>>437132
Do you mean the change where a ghost event is almost near similar to a hunt starting? because that trips me up really hard as I always bolt out of the room out of habit whenever it happens

I heard walkie talkie static will determine if it's a hunt or not but I'm not available to test it out at the moment
>>
>>437138
>where a ghost event is almost near similar to a hunt starting
Yeah that. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually but being able to immediately go "IT'S A HUNT" made the hunt scarier than having to fumble around and try to figure out what's going on. It's also not as clear when a hunt has ended too. I was seeing full lights and flashlights from the upper floor of the camp's cabin while the hunt was active, and it just made it difficult to tell whether or not the rest of the party was still being chased.

I've seen some people say that it's better now since ghost events feel less safe, but I always thought ghost events were scary enough without needing the threat of lethality, especially when sanity is a draining resource already.
>>
So the Jinn is now just a shittier Raiju?
>>
>>437286
tried to loop a raiju about an hour ago with my friends and that thing fucking zoomed at me going rev speeds. so yes
>>
>>436986
>>437053
I'm shit? You are fucking shit.
None of this applies to your pseudo-faggotry because ghosts even in the past have consistently been shit to photograph and wouldn't appear even if it wasn't a phantom, kys newfags.
>>
Does having the twins mean you have two ghost rooms on the map?
>>
>>437521
Not really, it's hard to tell as it is. But you should notice things happening twice in succession to easily spot the behaviour.
Treat it as one ghost that can roll for shit to do twice, including hunts.
>>
>>437138
walkie talkie static will show whether it's a hunt or not but only if the ghost is near, and the recent update also made it such that using the radio attracts the ghost, so try it at your own risk
>>
can I play this thing with other people without using a mic? I hate talking in online games.
>>
>>437850
Technically yes, but the only thing you could really contribute then would be ferrying items and possibly serving as a distraction during the hunt.
>>
>>437850
i like having a candle boy to anchor sanity so i can do a bunch of stuff before hunts. having a ghost spaz out and try to kill me every 3 seconds is more annoying than anything else when i still only have 1 evidence and haven't found the bone
>>
>>437850
Look up "Phasmophobia Spirit Box"
>>
>>436833
Some ghosts are invisible. Get good.
>>
>>436742
I'm finding weather hit or miss. It works well in campsite but I hate fog inside houses. Rain and snow do nothing for most of the maps apart from adding extra spooks.

I can get derelict places like high school and asylum being effected by the weather but none of the other old maps.
>>
>>407671
Loving the new bones. I'll miss the KFC early access chicken wing bones but it makes the ghosts feel more a threat as you find bloody human remains scattered about.
>>
Does anyone hate the new style for the van map? Not only does it look worse and convey less information, it's buggy as fuck with sound/motion sensors not appearing half the time.
>>
>>438179
I'm not sure if this also affects other maps but gooddamn placing sound sensors is buggy as shit on the camping site. Placing on at the campfire resulted in this long yellow rectangle, the sensors are still squares but now rotate, it's weird. Just give them a circular radius or something that makes sense if this is how they're going to function now.
>>
>>407671
why is the campsite so poorly optimized? how long is it going to take before it's playable
>>
>>438081
Redditpost somewhere else lol
>>
>>436833
Artist still maintains there's a shadow, despite all reports that ghosts are invisible. Regardless of what it really is, the fact stands that the ghost is too fucking hard to see and it's not fun because this happens way too often.
I'm not against a stealth hunt once in a while, but that shadow thing + the optical camo thing means the ghost is going to be not visible most of the time, and it sucks.
But he's camping on his position for now, don't know if he'll revise judgement to improve visibility.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqhqmiml9Z4
>>
File: spamton-deltarune.gif (248 KB, 640x640)
248 KB
248 KB GIF
>It's a fog round
>>
File: Phasmophobia-All-Ghost.png (186 KB, 660x360)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
Does the D.O.T.S. projector just not work at times? I had a Yurei that wasn't showing up on it at all
>>
>>438474
>>436833
Alright, fix is coming for invisible ghost, the shadow weren't properly cast. Dev just takes everyone for blind retards who couldn't see what was obviously visible to him.
It's the kind of broken thing you expect and forgive on a beta branch...
>>
>>439243
From my experience the ghost has to physically be close to the projector. So if for whatever reason it doesn't patrol nearby it you will not get a response.
>>
>>436833
had this sorta. it would cast a shadow if it walked through light, but was otherwise invisible. only one hunt out of a few it was like this.
>>
>>439414
Probably didn't help that the map i was on was the new Maple Lodge
>>
>>439243
>>439370
the ghost doesn't actually need to be close to the projector, and seeing dots doesn't indicate that the ghost is there at all. you just need to be confident that where you're putting it is the ghost room and eventually dots will happen. it takes forever because they nerfed too hard last patch after complaints about dots appearing too often
>>
Are crucifixes bugged now?
>>
>>439414
>they added this the same patch they added the fucking raiju
>>
>>407671
I fucking hate phasmphobia for adding a bunch of varied folklore spirits and then just having them be stat changed generic ghosts
And then shit like "Yokai" being a type of ghost, and having fucking Oni (and the 5 others) as separate ones.
>>
>>440505
curb your autism, weeb
>>
>>439218
This shit just pisses me off for indoor maps like tanglewood. Unless the house was a dilapated shithole with the windows smash, it makes no sense.
>>
File: 1491080906834.jpg (98 KB, 484x497)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Things that bother me about Phasmo.
>ghost hunting team brings salt, it's not kosher or blessed at all, in fact, it's used to track a single footprint and not as a ward
>no real ways of juking the ghosts, especially now that they have all been sped up
>smudge sticks and crucifixes feel like they only work half the time
>lul, just hold the closet doors shut so the ghost doesnt fingerblast you to death
>get fingerblasted through the door
>the closet has two doors and if youre ass isnt in VR gl holding both of them shut
>why are glowsticks $20
>>
>>441722
It's an alternate universe so the prices are all fucked up.
>>
>>441722
>he doesn't know the 2nd door of the closet doesn't matter if he stands on one side
>>
So have my friends and I just had bad luck tonight, or did this update up the overall difficulty a bit
We have not been able to get 3 pieces of evidence on intermediate all night, usually we can
>>
>>441914
I haven't noticed any increased difficulty on professional. Wouldn't put it past them to fuck something up inadvertently during the ebin "difficulty rework," but it may just be bad luck.
>>
>>441917
Yeah, hopefully it's just bad luck, but if they start balancing this game around the fucking people who play this game 24/7 it's going to be real bad for people like me that just play it on weekends to wind down with a few bros
>>
>>441914
the update made the game a good deal harder. fingerprints went from the easiest evidence to one of the harder ones, ghosts are all faster, they alternate between hunts on how visible they are when coming for your ass, and 2 of the new ghosts are rapists
>>
>>441927
They're reverting the fingertprints back to 100% probability and increase them to 2 minutes life. Only exception is Obake since hard to get fingerprints is his gimmick (it can not leave fingerprints, and his fingerprints have a chance to disappear much faster)
They're also fixing the ghost visibility issue, which apparently was a bug that the artist took long to recognize as such.
I wish that shadow and traslucent forms were a bit less frequent though.
>>
File: 1632594626653.png (455 KB, 625x480)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
>hear creaking steps on stairs
>basement + upstairs steps in the same spot
>I'm standing right next to the closed basement door
G-G-GUYS, IT'S COMING FROM THE BASEMENT!
>Sprint around the corner to run upstairs
>It wasn't down the basement, it was upstairs.
>>
>>442587
Sound is absolute ass in the game. It does not have a proper sound for headphones. Which is a shame since VR has to have HRTF at some point for proper sound location in both ears.So the game is capable of handling such thing, even if the math is done by the headset driver, it has the information do it.
>>
>>442589
HRTF is some fucking scam, they use it in Hunt Showdown and i can't fucking tell up from down from front.
>>
File: 1612057995104.png (188 KB, 627x659)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
I don't really understand what my friends and I are doing wrong when we play this game. We can usually get one or two pieces of evidence and then sometimes something like fingerprints just don't seem to show up no matter how much we look around, so we always end up narrowing down our options and guessing, getting it wrong and being way off, and being confused. Other times its extremely obvious and we get all 3 pieces of evidence quickly and leave, but there's not really any in-between these two scenarios. We play on intermediate and haven't looked anything up but I don't remember it being this weird the last time we played late last year. We also don't have nearly as many experiences like faucets turning on and it feels like a lot less is going on in general.
>>
>>443753
Is there any evidence in particular you're having issues getting?
>>
File: 1633706770231.jpg (202 KB, 1274x1278)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
100+ hours and I've gotta say, they really fucked the game up in the last few updates. the soul is being stripped away

>ghost events never happen anymore. No more random apparitions. They hardly fuck with the lights anymore. No more slamming a door in your face. No more sense of the ghost toying with you.
>no sense of the ghost progressively getting angrier with a rise in activity as your sanity drops
>you'll literally never see the ghost anymore unless you're dying. it rarely is visible even when it's hunting
>saying the ghost's name has no weight at all anymore
>cant hear the ghost passively walk around
>ghosts "aren't supposed to roam across the house"-- but they do
>ghosts "aren't supposed to present evidence in far away locations"-- but they do
>ghosts will often roam into a room behind you and then corner you
>the real fear is of whether or not the ghost has changed rooms again for the third time in fucking 10 minutes
>devs increased ghost speed to discourage running but also took away hiding places(???)
>devs implemented sprint in an earlier update, and then made it useless in this update(???)
>hunting is supposed to be more ambiguous, except you can hear the front doors slam and the retarded singing from across the map still kek
>can't actually tell when the ghost is near you, because the directional sound is still completely broken
>parabolic mic is still completely useless
>new campsite map is completely ass and the tents do not work as hiding places
>you can't do anything fun like hide in tall grass
>missed opportunity to add an actual forest instead of just corridors
>nightmare is a cakewalk on small maps but impossible on larger ones due to logistics and sanity drain
>twenty fucking ghosts now, why do they keep adding ghosts??
>devs changed the odds to favor getting new ghosts, which means you'll rarely see a classic ghost again
>the ghosts have "unique traits", except it's completely broken and they're bipolar

bros, I...
>>
>just bought the game
>played some singleplayer but decide i wanna try mp
>join lobby
>"hey guys"
>kicked
>try again
>"hey guys"
>kicked
it's cos of my voice, isn't it bros..
>>
>>444285
there's no proper co-op support, so people have to just make a public lobby and wait for their friends to join

so yeah it is your voice
>>
File: !soulless300.png (2 KB, 300x300)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>444295
i fuckin knew it, bros..
>>
>>444295
You can make a "private" (unlisted, actually) lobby.
>>
>>444333
yes I know, I've played the game. I meant co-op as in joining a public lobby with a friend.
>>
>>444285
I generally tend to avoid public lobbies, but from what I've gathered people are extremely kick happy in phasmo. It could also be your level or them forgetting to set it private.
Don't take it to heart, the game is fun with others if you get decent partners.
>>
>>410509
My friends and I only use the in game chat when playing. The whole game is balanced around it.
>>
>Ghosts now have a maximum range for changing preferred rooms
Can't believe I gave these faggot devs the benefit of the doubt and assumed that was the case to begin with.
>>
>>444721
things have been downhill since they stopped doing beta releases. it's pretty obvious they're not actually testing the gameplay changes and just rushing everything to prod

the total braindead decisions make no sense to me though. they need to stop listening to fucking reddit suggestions
>>
>>444721
I'm more shocked about fingerprints not initially being left on the smaller tents
>>
>>443753
Everyone I see struggling to get evidence is not paying attention to what the ghost is doing and where it is.
Fingerprints happen when a ghost touches a door, flicks a switch or knocks on a window. If you and your friends are too loud you don't notice these clues, you're not going to check those spots with UV in time.
EMF5 has a chance to happen everytime a ghost does something (touches a door, throwing an object and shit). If you are not paying attention to stuff moving, you're not going to check that spot with EMF reader in time.
Ghost orbs can be seen in the ghost room with infrared. If you don't listen to interactions, you're gonna have a hard time locate the proper room, thermometer is only reliable for crosschecking.
Same for DOTS or ghost writings, shit only happens when you put them where the ghost is.
Spirit box is more tricky, and you need to meet a lot of conditions to get a reply (and it's not really explain in the game).
1. you need your mic to work. Check in the settings menu for the voice recognition test. If it fails, go to the discord and troubleshoot.
2. it only works when lights are OFF in the room where you are.
3. it only works if the ghost is not too far from you and in the same room so again, locating the right room is important, and sometimes the ghost is somewhere else.
4. you need to respect the "alone" condition if the ghost only responds to people who are alone
5. you need to ask a proper recognized question. Try "give us a sign" "where are you" "how old are you" and "what do you want" for starters.
6. if you know where the ghost is and still don't get replies, leave the box running on the ground, the ghost can trigger a response on its own.

tl;dr pay attention to sounds.
>>
>>443861
>ghost events never happen anymore. No more random apparitions. They hardly fuck with the lights anymore. No more slamming a door in your face. No more sense of the ghost toying with you.

Check your stats after the game. I noticed all my games with 0 ghost events are like 2 minutes in the ghost room for a 20 minutes game.
They have the ghost roaming so hard and so far, you're barely with it anymore, so nothing ever happens unless it comes back to its room once in a while do to some shit.
Interactions were roughly 2.50-3 a minute, now it's very often under 2 a minute, by sheer fact of ghost choosing to move over choosing to interact.
So yes, you never fucking feel the ghost presence anymore. And they removed the stomps a while ago too.

Invisible ghost are stupid, and the artist won't recognize it. Keeps saying "but there's a shadow on the ground, should be visible". Bro, I don't fucking care. The ghost is barely visible. Your jelly shader is a cool idea but its implementation is terrible game design.

>the directional sound is still completely broken
I join you on this.

>you can't do anything fun like hide in tall grass
This could be suggested and indeed fun. But you can hide behind picnic tables and some chairs.

>twenty fucking ghosts now, why do they keep adding ghosts??
Because the discord community is retarded. New ghost do absolutely nothing for gameplay.
>devs changed the odds to favor getting new ghosts, which means you'll rarely see a classic ghost again
Only temporary because they're new.
>the ghosts have "unique traits", except it's completely broken and they're bipolar
They're trying to fix this and communicated on it, I give them that.
>>
"Balance Patch" boyos
Faggotdev is more faggot
>Ouija Board Buff
>Ouija always spawns on Nightmare
eat my ass faggot

>copium faggotry exclusive to nightmare difficulty
neckrope yourself, faggot dev
>>
>>407671
I wish being a truck guy would be a non-meme thing to do. My favorite part of spooky ghost shows is the parts where they go over and review all the footage and show the creepy footage of something being moved or a shadow passing through a doorway or something. I feel like a fucking doofus running around carrying a tripod in my hand just so i can see orbs through the view screen. Sometimes when I play alone I throw a bunch of cameras throughout the house and just watch interactions through the NV cams for immersion.
>>
>>444872
Been having a lot harder of a time finding the ghost room now, especially on the new map. Did they add decoy rooms or something where the temp is pretty low but not as low as the ghost room temp?
>>
>>446842
Weather was added, which effect the temperature and further nerfs the temp gun. If you're playing on Professional or Nightmare, the ghost can just change rooms sometimes, and one of the new ghosts added is two ghosts where one is just a decoy ghost who won't give any evidence outside of EMF5 and will confuse you by doing activity wherever the fuck it pleases.
>>
>>446844
"The twins" is such a shit name for a ghost-type. Couldn't they have just stretched the definition to some actual ghost?
>>
>>446842
>>447131
>ghost who's archetype is to present itself in two places at once
>almost indistinguishable from every other ghost with how often they roam anyways

bravo devs
>>
>>447178
>thirty minutes of staring at sound sensors and movement sensors
>absolutely no signs of the twins because no 2 sensors went off at the same time ever
>GHOST TYPE WAS: THE TWINS
yeah eat my dick
>>
>>445997
Medium and large maps in nightmare kinda force you to RP and put sensors and camera all around the place.
>>
Who the fuck thought that Onryo was a good idea for a ghost. Literally the worst ghost to find on nightmare.
>>
>>448610
I literally can't remember the last nughost I had. The only memorable one recently was a demon on nightmare that went nuclear on my team's ass.
>>
>>448627
Exactly. It's condition is too fucking specific and you don't remember it exists until you lose because of it.
>>
>>448610
What? Why?
If Onryo is on the list after you get your two evidence then just put candles in there and you're fine as long as you relight them up before they're all blown out. You have 4 candles so you can cover two rooms.
Then after your sanity is confirmed low (ask the ouija), all you have to do is let the candles get blown out and if you get insta hunt after, it's confirmed Onryo.
The game clearly has much worse ghost tests.
>>
>>448872
Me and my friends are retarded, and by the time we get 2 evidence or sanity is completely fucked. What we usually do is judge by how the ghost was behaving throughout the mission. Onryo fucks this because we always forget to put down candles. Maybe the worst type is Yokai or some other ghost that does nothing, but Onryo has fucked over so many rounds it gets on my nerves.
>>
>>449362
My way for telling if it's a Yokai is seeing how terrible it is at hunting. Because they can only hear voices near them they seem especially terrible at finding people over medium-long distances.
>>
>You can smudge a ghost while it's hunting to keep it from killing for a bit
FUCK I WISH I HAD KNOWN THIS LONGER
>>
>>449362
The ghost is new so that's normal.
Just remember to keep the light on as much as possible. You can't go a game full in the dark like before.
>>
>>449962
Candles went up from a useful meme to semi-mandatory. The lighter should definitely become a piece of default equipment if this is going to continue.
>>
>>449999
it's kinda braindead that the lighter and flashlight even takes up a slot since the difficulty rework.

It's also braindead that the flashlight doesn't help you keep your sanity, even if it were 50% effectiveness of a candle. IRL you can shine a flashlight at the ceiling in houses with normal drywall and effectively light a room.

Ghosts have been buffed a bit too much imo, players need more inventory slots or something to balance it out.
>>
>>450019
>IRL you can shine a flashlight at the ceiling in houses with normal drywall and effectively light a room.
This was effectively a way to keep sanity but the bug was fixed.
>>
>>450153
>bug

that sounds like a feature that was removed
>>
>>449896
>before DOTS Patch
>HIghschool
>make fun of the local revenant
>starts hunting
>snap picture
>burn the smudge
>start running
>when you smudge a ghost while it's hunting it just randomly wayponts
>revenant waypoints the same path i took to run
>try to change my path
>it changes aswell
>smudge ends
>get killed
such is the ghost griefing life
>>
>>450211
>locate ghost room in highschool
>it's the classroom next to the left entrance
>decide to fuck with it from right entrance
>it initiates hunt and we're watching it walk down the hallway towards us
>it ramps up to max speed
>oh god oh fuck it's a rev
>turn the corner and start running
>it kills me

dots patch and before was golden era, CMV
>>
>>449896
How did you not know?
>reppel the ghost with smudge stick while it's chasing someone
has been an objective in the game since last spring.
>>
File: gusic.jpg (52 KB, 930x912)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
anyone want to play?
or should i join a random lobby?
>>
>>450433
I'd play, if you're still around.
>>
File: 1597987729256.jpg (66 KB, 719x721)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>450504
I still am, lemme get another drink
>>
>>450530
Noice, throw out a lobby code when you're ready.
>>
File: 1588822549285.gif (1.73 MB, 415x405)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB GIF
>>450548
>>450548
>>
ggs fuck ghost writing
>>
>>450591
Yeah. Too much rng dependencies these days
>>
File: 1427158353477.png (135 KB, 548x312)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>450591
Also sorry if I was too drunk, it was a long week
>>
>>450703
Not at all, it was fun!
>>
File: Voodoo_Doll.webm (2.89 MB, 1920x1080)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>ghost interactions have been fucked for the last few patches
>the fix is... adding in objects to act as ghost remote controls to make them actually do things
I hope I'm wrong because this looks like dogshit otherwise.
>>
>>453285
holy fuck this looks retarded

dev is desperate to add more evidence pieces and make ghosts more unique in any way possible
>xyz ghost won't respond to voodoo doll
>xyz ghost will be scared by voodoo doll
>xyz ghost will be enraged by voodoo doll

they shot themselves in the foot by making a total of 20 ghosts

the game is eventually going to devolve into evidence hell
>>
>>453285
>This fucking ghost isn't giving evidence.
>Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
Damn, I hope this lets them make their game do stuff after it becomes a ghost too.
>>
How the fuck do you tell when the ghost is even hunting anymore
>>
>>454563
When the door is locked or you die
>>
>>454578
Yeah, but who wants to be a door bitch or listen out for the doors locking? Distinguish between events and actual hunts
>>
>>455218
Radio doesn't give off static when it's just an event, you have to be close enough to the ghost for your equipment to get fucked and hope it isn't a rev/raiju/invisible ghost intent on fucking your ass
>>
>>455585
meant to reply to >>454563
>>
Raiju more like Raijew
>>
>>453703
the fact that there are more ghosts than maps is fucking retarded. Change my mind.
>>
>somebody recommends me Under Lock
>it's scuffier than scuffed Damned
at least i got it for 2$
>>
How do I search for the ghost room apart from temp reader? Sometimes its snowing and the temps are 1 - 3 degrees everywhere. I bought this game a few days ago.
>>
Does the D.O.T.S projector ever fucking work? I had a Goryo that was pretty much confined to a single bathroom (kept opening the door after I shut it) and not once could I see it through the camera
>>
>>407671
I have fun with the game but the lack of maps is fucking retarded. How do you make a gigantic asylum map thats so big even 4 people can barely do it and a CAMPGROUND MAP before you make more normal house maps? Seriously just import files from House Flipper Pro or something and throw ghosts in there. It's just stupid. Even if they literally just copy pasted rooms from the existing maps into new layouts, that would be *fine*.
>>
>>418691
IMO there are some *very* simple things that could be used to dramatically increase content in the game. On big maps, why not let ghost writing happen on chalkboards or whiteboards? Why not make the cameras able to be rotated if on tripod (or the hard cams in the buildings)? More questions for boards etc. Have sanity be for more than just hunts. I mean why the hell not, seriously. Even if you wanna just beta test it and make those "opt-in" options to try. Finally, why not some UNIQUE mission challenges like having it interact with a teddy bear or something like that.
>>
>>457875
just stare at it bro
>>
>>453285
You won't be wrong unfortunately. If you look at the fixes they make, they are not actually ever fixes. They are just coverings to make it look fixed. Like the ouija shit. It's not fixing anything it's just leaving it fucked up and adding a workaround.
>>
>>457703
If you're playing on higher difficulties where the breaker is automatically off, you need to find it to turn it on. The break also powers heat inside buildings in the game and all rooms will be near freezing unless you turn the breaker on. not sure if this also applies to when it flips off in easier difficulties.

Otherwise, the ghost room is going to be the one with the most ghost activity in it. EMF reader is also another good detection tool, as is the video camera as that will show orbs in the ghost room if the ghost is a spirit orb one. I would make sure all doors to the outside are closed, and the breaker is on though, the thermometer is still the best tool to hunt down the ghost room. Anything below 10 degrees celsius is most likely the room.

>>457875
Yes, it works. But it also feels like alot of evidence is RNG for it to work properly. I have had multiple games where "below freezing" ghosts NEVER got below freezing even in their haunting room, and fingerprint ghosts where the prints never showed up. Same with EMF 5 ghosts sometimes never reaching EMF5, and DOTS ghosts never showing up on the DOTS. Shit can be jank but I guess part of the fun is extending the investigation by reducing hunt time through throwing crucifixes and burning incense sticks so you can have the proper time to gather evidence.
>>
>>457703
EMF reader is currently the best way, listen for the ghost throwing shit, opening doors or stomping around, follow that sound and if you get an EMF reading that's probably the ghost room. If you get a oujia board spawn you can also just ask it.
>>
>>454563
this is my main complaint with the game now.
development been going a nice pace, but man, unless you happen to hear that front door "click" from miles away it's almost impossible to tell if it's a hunt anymore.
and with the ghost speed-up mechanic now you're dead if you hang around even one millisecond longer to see if it's a ghost event or not.
>>
>>457875
the ghost has to be in the same room as the DOTS for it to have a chance to trigger it, and it'll do so every 15~45 sec or so.
if it's probably DOTS and you're not seeing DOTS, it's cuz
>ghost changed rooms
>ghost has gone for a walk

I use motion sensors like fuck now, just so I can track where the ghost is going.
Even on lower difficulties, they'll tend to wander around half of the map.
Especially if you get say, "Tanglewood: Foyer", because the ghost considers the Garage to be nearby, so it'll walk ALL the way around the house to the garage and back constantly.

I had a ghost like that last night, in the Utility room (the laundry next to the garage) and cunt kept walking to the front door and back.
>>
>>458302
>transparent crawler ghost
>no shadow, can't see it
>die

fuck this game
>>
>>458246
Yup. They just posted another mp4 for the "cursed possessions" patch, it's literally a summoning circle so you can force it to appear for a photo. Goddamn that's lazy.
>>
Can the decoy Twin step in salt and not leave behind footprints? I encountered a game earlier where what I thought was a Wraith stepped in salt and left no footprints behind ended up being a Twin ghost.

Could the print have been left inside a wall? I tried the test twice considering I could have been late for the first, but even after seeing it step on the salt before my eyes and checking the area with a UV light, there was no footies.
>>
>>459385
Looks tacky as fug. Damn what were they thinking? I'd rather they just increase the % chance of a ghost event if you say the ghost name a couple of times. Make this cost sanity if they want it to be balanced or something. Might feel way better and more natural than having hokey cultist mumbo jumbo in the house
>>
File: Summoning_Circle.webm (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
>your ghost does fuck all and won't show up?
>here, get a summon circle so you can get an easy picture and shut up about it
>we're not fixing the roaming shit and 0 ghost event games though
>what do you mean the ghost was supposed to scare you once in a while?
>>
I'd just like to apologise to everyone in this thread for the state of the game
Every time I buy a game it goes to shit
>>
File: 1620396029436.jpg (170 KB, 1080x985)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>460159
goddamnit, anon
>>
>>460107
can't wait to see the zoomer streamer logic as to why this is the best addition to the game yet
>>
>>460107
I really hope this either murders your sanity or immediately forces a hunt to start.
With the front door closing the second you start this.
>>
>>460107
Why do we have to re-summon the ghost to the house it's already in and actively haunting?
>>
This game could really use procedurally generated maps. Did devs mention anything about implementing that?
>>
>>461093
blah blah blah vision blah blah my ass blah im a faggot
- kind regards, dev
>>
>>425936
Unpopular opinion: mods are rarely good for games and in most cases will attract more zoomers to them, which is as good as killing the game because after initial le epic hyperino falls zoomers will go back to fortnite leaving the game in a state where it's appealing neither to zoomers nor to initial target audience. Most mods you would see for phasmophobia are probably character skins and most of them aren't going to be very immersive to say the least.
>>
>>461102
You wouldn't argue that allowing user uploaded maps at least would be beneficial.
>>
>>461093
The visions... are clouded.
>>
File: 1614965214700.gif (71 KB, 960x640)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>>461102
It's crazy, a month ago I would have agreed with you. But now that the devs are going full retard, mods could actually be the saving grace to restore original gameplay.
>>
>>461277
I think best case scenario is using a system where devs would review/approve mods.
>>
>>461102
>Unpopular opinion: mods are rarely good for games
more like faggot opinion, don't care to read the rest of this subhumanism
>>
>>461102
Would you rather the devs keep eroding the game the initial target audience bought into?
>>
>>461601
Don't remember asking what children think.

>>461652
I'd rather hope that devs will rethink their approach at some point than to hope that everything will be fixed by mods.
>>
>>461675
>Don't remember asking what children think.
I don't remember asking a newfag to post his invalid zero IQ takes here either, and yet you are still here, faggot.
>>
>>461675
The fact you have hopes for the devs at this point is laughable.
>>
>>461683
I didn't say I have hopes, I said that
>I'd rather hope that devs will rethink their approach at some point than to hope that everything will be fixed by mods.

Hoping that mods will fix the game is like the last resort and I'd rather this game die that be infested with underage modders adding big tiddy ghost girlfriends and realistic lighting™ where a single candle will light up the whole house. If anything, in my opinion it's better if devs first polish existing systems even if you disagree with them and only after that implement mod support because that takes dev time. I see your point and I agree with you regarding devs making some questionable decisions.

>>461676
Bro, I have no idea if you're having a bad day/week/month/year/life or if some bully just whooped your ass in school but no matter how you wrap it up you still act and look like a child that is looking for a reason to boost his ego. I will do you a favour and won't reply anymore regardless so you can put your epic high IQ to work and reflect on what you're doing.
>>
>>461721
Do me a favor and fuck off out of the thread, you subhuman low-iq faggot.
Saying modding is bad is one of the dumbest things said in this thread to date and it only shows how newfag and uneducated you are.
You have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say and all your words are automatically discredit by your own sheer stupidity.
>>
>>461721
>I'd rather the game be unplayable and just let it stink up my library than have other people running around using shitty skins
You're getting replies so I can't say it's 0/10, but please work on this b8 m8
>>
File: implying.gif (2.1 MB, 300x168)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
>>461797
>I'd rather the game becoming dead and boring with a chance of devs changing their mind than hoping that mods will attract people who are not me and who will abandon it a week later anyway
It is obvious that you are not particularly smart but I can assure you that by putting words into people's mouths you do not contribute anything of value to thread no matter how hard you disagree.

Mods can fix singleplayer games, but mods can't fix multiplayer games, because unless there is exactly one commonly approved mod that "fixes" core gameplay only thing mod support is going to do is it will split (supposedly already small) playerbase. If you're going to pretend that it's wrong, feel free to list 10 multiplayer games that were exactly "fixed" by mod support which means a noticeable positive and lasting effect on amount of players after the game was supposedly "dying", and not just enhanced by it.

Try to keep in mind that >implying and URE WRONG are not valid arguments.
>>
File: 1635101115509.jpg (81 KB, 365x550)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>461721
>Hoping that mods will fix the game is like the last resort and I'd rather this game die that be infested with underage modders adding big tiddy ghost girlfriends and realistic lighting™
I can sort of see where you're coming from here, especially from mods offered for coop games lately, but there's no good argument towards why custom maps can't be a thing - which was thrown in with mods as something that goes against the dev's "vision." And surely you do not need me to list examples of how user made maps have improved multiplayer games.
>>
>>461819
I agree that custom maps can improve the game, but what I am saying is that if the core gameplay is (going to be) bad (which is what people complain about) then custom maps won't be able to fix it and save the game, it's more about delaying the inevitable for some months, while making core gameplay solid can make the game last for years, e.g. left 4 dead is still alive because core gameplay is solid, not because there are custom maps.

Implementing custom map support is a lot easier than implementing a full mod support, but it still requires dev time, and I'm not sure if trading possible new mechanics/reworks/bug fixes for custom maps is worth it. It's definitely good to have at later stages when core gameplay is at least finished.
>>
>>461805
>mods can't fix multiplayer games
like i was saying, colossaly newfag moronic takes.
What is
>Terraria
>Risk of Rain 2
>Monster Hunter World
>Any Warcraft 3 custom map ever
I could go on, but i made my point already, and i clearly said you are a faggot newfag that needs to fuck off out of the thread.
Zero IQ asshat.
>>
>>461906
>missing the point either because of stupidity or on purpose
Opinion safely discarded.
>>
>>461915
just give it a rest Anon, you already btfo'd yourself
>>
>>461102
An opinion so stupid that you would have to be at the mental age of the zoomers you despise so much to actually be able to humor it.

Bang yourself out, faggot.
>>
File: 1632099228171.png (639 KB, 1024x576)
639 KB
639 KB PNG
What the FUCK are they doing to this game
>>
>>463401
feature bloat, a symptom of a dev listening to idiots who don't know what a focus is.
>>
i started griefing, grabbing all the emfs at the start and going afk outside of the van, people get really angry and refuse to leave the lobby. its alot of fun.
>>
>>463667
Based

I love seeing people bitch about this on the subreddit. It's literally be faster just to ALT+F4 and launch into a different lobby, but they'd rather waste their own time like some sort of inverse moral crusader kek
>>
>>463667
im even playing the nigger so people secretly start hating black people, im doing my doing for the white race
>>
>>463401
Refusing to fix the ghost doing nothing the whole game.
>>
File: 1612706641598.jpg (60 KB, 697x649)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>it's a two players only listen to each other episode
>it's a player doesn't hear you well but doesn't bother to say anything about it
>it's a player that has a fundamental misunderstanding of how the game works yet doesn't care to take in any external information, doesn't believe anything anyone says

>I don't know, I just think it's (Ghost). What makes me think that? I don't know, I just feel it.
>Someone else puts forward a convincing enough argument that it's something else
>Everyone agrees to trust the person who seems to have figured something out
>Game ends, they were wrong, the random guesser was right
>I KNEW IT!!! Comes screeching through the microphone!
>What gave it away, we thought it was (Ghost)
>I don't know, I just felt like it was that one.
Get up against the wall, you're going first.
>>
>>463857
get friends.
>>
>>463857
Confirmation Bias: The Game.
>>
File: 1619655718579.jpg (674 KB, 4000x2484)
674 KB
674 KB JPG
>>465116
Ironically enough your post came to mind when I was just playing. I think it was the host too.
>What's your favorite room?
It gives you the same answer as "Where are you?"
>No it doesn't. It gives you it's favorite room.
That's not the case and there are a sources that say otherwise.
>Well then how come every time I ask it where it's favorite room is it answers me?
Because as I already said, it tells you where it's at when you ask.
>But I do this every single game and it works every time, you're wrong
On top of being a testable theory, the developers have confirmed it themselves.

They disappeared into the van, the next thing I heard was sour complaints towards his unspeaking boy-slave as I passed through to grab a crucifix; they left shortly after.
>>
File: 1610115310842.png (2.34 MB, 1920x1080)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>453703
>>455781
>>463592
Oh look, they're adding ANOTHER ghost

NGMI
>>
>>462084
>>462098
>no argument
I wonder if these clowns are still around because I just remembered I had a discussion in phasmogeneral. Not like I missed anything of value but zoomers are pretty funny when they are upset.
>>
>>453703
Considering it's an investigation game, what exactly would you do differently in terms of gameplay? If there are only 3 types of ghosts total that have different reaction to one thing then doing that one thing would be enough to finish the mission.

Besides
>just fix all bugs
, of course. More spook variety would be great, but it doesn't add much to gameplay.
>>
>>468217
>but zoomers are pretty funny when they are upset
that's why you came back week after getting btfo'd to double down to how much of a newfag redditor you are.
If anything, you are the clown.
>>
>>468204
came here to post this
>another "LE _____" ghost
it's over

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.