[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 192 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dirtypeepee.jpg (37 KB, 678x452)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
/vm/ Hunt: Showdown thread

enjoying the event from my camping bush edition

join the /vm/ hunt discord for pardners https://discord.gg/H6Epm6e7

hows /vm/ enjoying the event so far? what path did you take? have you been doing your part by scalping felis players?
>>
File: 1528406118189.webm (1.35 MB, 400x400)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB WEBM
JPEG's don't support transparency, faggot.

Try again.
>>
>>395989
yeah it's fun.
making shitters seethe with the bow is fun.
>>
>>395989
This game sucks
>>
>>396125
get good shitter
>>
>>396126
What MMR are you at so I can laugh at you. This is literally a game you do not want to get “gud” at.
>>
>>396130
5 star, shitter
>>
File: 1285792312086.jpg (8 KB, 213x245)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>396125
Games suck
>>
>>396132
Oh. Is that something to be proud of? I’m a 5 star cock sucker? What’s so fun about empty servers, KD players who literally will never push and with my own eyes literally kill themselves to preserve KD, literally playing against the same prestige 100 stack every time who despite literally having infinite money will prefer to just sit in a bush and wait. High level gameplay is completely balless, it’s the most boring and antirisk it could be. They won’t even push you when they have 2 down.

What’s so good about being 5 star? Why not be 3 star and have fun? You get into games faster, the games aren’t also dead as fuck, literally it takes longer for me to get a populated server than when this game only had 3,000 players at peak hour.
>>
>>396140
maybe don't live in new zealand then, bud. works for me
>>
Im back from the vacay tommorow and im excited to come back to the Bayou+w.e. the fuck midwest DeSalle is
>>
File: what.jpg (84 KB, 598x502)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>when your blue haired diversity hire writes the >lore
>>
>>396140
Do 3stars even adadadad?
>>
>>396159
nah
>>
>>396068
i dont care :^)
>>
>>396068
Damn why they do that kid so dirty
>>
>>396157
I've heard they got rid of their old, original lore person and have presumably have someone else now. Not sure what the deal was, the old lore was amazing.
>>
>>396207
I'm not surprised, not that I was really interested in the game's lore but just by looking at the monster and weapon books you can tell they changed direction. Even the legendary weapon description are all Cold Steel tier now.
>>
>>396140
I've gotten up to 5 stars before and immediately tried to tank my elo by being as risky and aggressive as possible. I'm at 4 stars which is much more lax, 5 and 6 stars is more of a stealth and patience game which is not my cup of tea. I like being a rootin tootin cowboy
>>
>>396159
When they do, it fucks up their aim and they wont hit you even if you stand still

>t. 3 star that can't aim for shit while strafe spamming
>>
>>396345
pro tip adadadada until they shoot then stop moving and shoot
>>
>>396416
Does moving really fuck up accuracy that much, even when ADSing?
>>
>>396159
i'm a 2.5 star and i don't even ADS in firefights

22 kills, 2 headshots and 35 deaths

like 50% of my kills are melee
>>
I can only win solos with shotguns, and while I really don't mind, it does get kind of irritating trying literally anything else and just getting killed because of it. Just gets bland after awhile.
>>
>>396460
no but why risk the chance of giving them a free return shot when you can bait out their first shot and punish for it
>>
>>396535
region? also guide for solos eventually coming
>>
>>396544
NA sorry ausfag
>also guide for solos eventually coming
from whomst
>>
>>396159
adadad is what killed hunt
t. beta player
>>
>>396551
t. 3 star
>>
>>396547
me nigger t.5star solo player with pos kd
>>
>>396460
It does increase the sway to a degree
>>
>>396555
i quit before the mmr update
11 KDR, post urs shitboy
>>
File: must-be.gif (1.44 MB, 268x268)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
removing sway didn't make the game better, that's for sure; sway made this game actually perfect and methodical
adad is just a meme after that, not really significant just aim better
>>
>>396562
ADADA isn't really a problem imo, the lack of any momentum while sprinting is. If you just flail your mouse from side to side you make yourself basically impossible to hit because you can make complete turns without any loss in speed even if you're FUCKING MIDAIR. A rework of the movement system is #1 on my wishlist but it's fairly unlikely to happen.
>>
>>396577
gay
sway is the only solution to this 'issue' in every fps game
and hunt had it solved until the heckin money
>>
>>396577
That would be good to have, but before that I'd like to see jumping and vaulting made more consistent.
>>
I just got caught between two groups. I got shot with a sparks from one group and then the other duo unloaded a barrage from two chain pistols and stole the kill.
>>
>>396560
69.0 KD on you're mom
>>
>6 stars with a .89 k/d
I don't deserve this and I don't want this.
>>
>get this game a couple days ago
>80% of games is spawn, gather a clue or two, het shot
>20% of games is gather clues, get bounty, and leave with group without meeting any other players

Unironically, this is fun.
>>
>>396695
>fresh blood
where you from, pardner?
>>
>>396645
I understand. I'm usually a 3 star which is fun becuase I can do off meta shit and play aggressive but now I'm up to 5 stars with 0.82 kd becuase of a few good clutches I pulled during the event
>>
It's Bayou-o'clock, BITCHES
>>
Are you able to complete both bars now? Havent played yet since the event dropped.
>>
File: 1627601828589.jpg (163 KB, 786x1024)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>396645
I don't think I've ever had a net positive amount of good feelings towards any game that uses matchmaking.

Once you get decent at it the matches become grueling, and playtime is limited by how much frustration you can manage that day.
>>
>>396157
but what if you play him during a daytime match
>>
>sprint into a compound full speed, punch a bunch of grunts, making all kinds of noise
>in the middle of it, hear quiet yet way too consistent footsteps about 30 meters away
>spot two guys crouched up behind a fence and they easily get domed
People need to learn already crouchwalking is completely audible and hunter footsteps sound nothing like AI. Stealth is only good so far as it makes you unpredictable, but fast and mobile wins games.
>>
>>396762
Bad news friends.
Cocks were sucked, but i sucked more.
Tommorow i go again, Bayou is call.
>>
File: chevron crosshair.png (1.26 MB, 1309x875)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
a lot easier with a chevron crosshair
>>
Is there any more room in the game for another medium ammo pistol?
I want a medium ammo pistol with fmj to pair with the vetterli.
>>
>>396765
If you mean by the event paths, yeah. Provided you finish the first path you've chosen then you move onto the next.
>>
>US West servers are getting worse and worse with every day
>today not even a single shot registered in time before I died resulting in far too many trades
Here I thought Crytek learned from last time but nah.
>>
Should traits like doctor just be removed and have health packs recover 75 health. Everyone takes doctor. Whats the point?
>>
File: Lancaster.jpg (242 KB, 1080x832)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>397029
The Lancaster and Schofield are the two handguns i want added the most. The Lancaster could be a quicker firing pax but with the obvious downside of 4 shots and bullet grubber reload. The Schofield could be a weaker medium ammo gun with a quick reload and higher cost
>>
>>397057
Higher level hunters should be better. I have no problem with doctor, I just think that healing in general should be reduced and some traits should be mutually exclusive like doctor and the one that gives extra charge on medkits
>tag someone a bazillion times with a sparks
>he soaks it all up with his doctor and gorillion vit shots
>lands one lucky headshot on me
>>
>>397126
poison rounds should be more effective stopping healing but you just know he'd take that midthrust (or some shit) perk

at this point they've nerfed most special ammo into uselessness
>>
just fucking died because the game didnt render the cover my opponent was behind so my shots kept hitting an invisible wall infront of him
>>
>>397167
anon we aren't allowed to complain about the game here, it's all on your end, no such thing as crashes or disconnects, funky netcode, or weird graphical errors
>>
>>396560
kd isn't indicative of mmr
>>
File: 15072033.jpg (48 KB, 273x273)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE.
HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE.
HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE WON YOU LISTEN TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just had a match, NO ORDINARY MATCH
but my first one without a CA RREYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>find pig dude fire god
>think it was the lumber mill?
>blip red people here
>covering exits
>mate gets down
>wait
>wait
>wait
>sneak there
>tip
>toe
>I'm right beside him and start heeelin
>all of a sudden see the mad that shot him on the other side in a tower VERY CLOSE
>eye him the entire him I'm rezing
>he's looking the other way like a FOOL
> WHAT AN IDIOT WHAT A FUCK DUMB WHAT A FOOL TO THINK THE DEAD DONT RISE
>deal with fool and bring boss down
>right at the end of boss he has one last hit when he goes down
>ofc this takes my mate down
>can't revive untill I get the token
>piss shid and fard while waiting
>guy gives up and leaves so I can't even res him
>didn't even use dark vision cause I kept trying to res
>time to run
>PEYOWWWWW
>bullet grazes me
> run to a cliff formation where I hide on its south east/west
>think a Zelda rupee, top of the rupee is where the ramp of the cliff starts sorta and south makes it impossible to climb on top
I need to go ALL the way east and a bit north
>chilling on South and hear a dude ON cliff
>FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
>hear shooting at top and north, 2 teams on my ass
>sounds from top subside
>on South east I see the two fucks on the other end but they run more to the west
>as I'm chilling there the other survivor of the top lad shoots me, WEST COMPROMISED
> move back to east and-
PEYOWWWWW
>EAST COMPROMISED
>retreat further south to some short thick trunked trees, SHIT cover
>can't stay here long and can't go further south since I'm already at the very south
>try to bait the teams to push closer, so I can run back to old cover and spark a clash between them
>see sole fucker from punished team move to closer cliff on my north west
> BOLT back to north cliff
>FUCK it, BOLT from there to further east
PEYOWWW
>HIT
>MEATY DAMAGE
(1/2)
>>
>>397180

>another cliff acts as cover from sole hunter
>dash into shack
>heal up and survey
>north, yet again, has a fortified sniper spot some red barrels near good spots there tho
PEYEW
>right at the door I was looking through
>guy on west has a spot alot closer
>the team of two are farther only because they can't go into the better spot with barrels in em
>see jukebox in my shed
>heheh.. have a crazy idea.
>shoot the red barrels so they can move closer and deal with the sole guy, play the music box and run outta there in the confusion
>just.as.planned.
>they move exactly like I thought they would as soon as I cleared the barrels
>heard the shots now more frequent and not at me
>CHA CHA real smooth, music turns on and sure enough I leave
>actually getting away with it but while I'm running I know I can't keep doing this
>decide to set up an ambush
>stop running and wait right behind on of the cliffs I ran from
>shooting is becoming less frequent all of a sudden, then it stops
>gamble the pattern to mean that the sole dickhead won.
>soon I hear sloshing, he took my path here
>wait
>wait
>wait
>I see him right by me
>wait
>I FIRE.
>good shot but he panics into cover beside him
> I rush him with my six shooter
>he's fucking down
>I did it. I won.
>I cover to cover to extraction that's so close to me
>and I actually get out, just like that super smooth.

My hands are still shaking, 3 hours in and my first 2 kills, and my second victory. feels good. feels really good.
>>
File: 20210901154553_1.jpg (366 KB, 1920x1080)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>397170
its alright the next game made up for it I guess...
>>
>>396619
man what I would give for a way to force jumping. So much shit I could just jump on or over but I gotta mantle my ass over.
I'm pretty sure I know the reason why this isn't even considered though, the fucking movement desync that apparently they will never ever fix. Every time I feel like I'm doing some cool parkour avoiding mantling and jumping on shit game says nah and teleports me back.
Playing the speedrun trials really made me appreciate how good fast movement can feel but I try to do that shit in live server cant keep up.
>>
>>397172
t. >>396557
>>
>another episode of adrenaline fucking up my aim
>don't even bother ADS-ing

I've got thousands of hours in fps games, why this
And in Quickplay of all places
>>
>>396562
>>396580
this. gimping movement makes for a slow and clunky feeling game, but gimping aim when moving will make people want to not move of course
look at counter strike for example, you could bhop at light speeds but only shotties and smgs can do that due to the MASSIVE accuracy penalty, the rest of the players prefers to slowwalk across the map where each fast movement is calculated

we never realized how good we had it until it was taken from us
>>
>>397167
Man I've done the same thing, basically forced to use low object detail, and boy cryengine is a fuck. Game runs so shit it needs such aggressive optimizations, I wished low was just "render all cover/walls but objects look like shit" but nah.
The worst offender is the land extractions with boxes in front. I remember chasing a duo to extraction, about 5 seconds to go, hit the extracting bounty holders with Winnie so they were hiding behind the boxes.
>haha retards just crouching behind some waist high boxes with their heads exposed
>shoot shoot shoot shoot
>?????????
>All bounty has been extracted
>walk forward 2 meters, the second boxes on top pop into existence

Also can they fucking please increase the extraction interruption radius, I don't understand why its so fucking small, the horses already freak out at double that radius why not make it that big. I've been both the chaser and the extractor and it feels dumb either way to escape inside derringer range.
>>
>>397187
???
>>
>>397057
>>397126
Honestly I think healing/shots needs a complete overhaul.
Probably trash opinion but large "instant" healing shouldn't exist
Maybe medkit heals 50 instantly and lets natural regen slowly over time fill your health up, doctor (4-6points) would speed this up.
Weak shot is just the medkit regen, large shot is new doctor regen (w/ doctor its like having the perk stacked twice).
Getting hit stops medkit regen, obviously regular chunk regen would still occur.
I think this would slow longer range gameplay down, while rewarding more aggressive gameplay. Also keeping headshots relevant (healing not too weak to have people running around with <150hp) and high damage weapons useful (sparks have a relatively long time to be able to reposition and land a second shot "guaranteeing" that they aren't fully healed).
This could be a problem I guess when two high damage rifles hit each other and just have to jerk off for a minute to make sure they both aren't one hit from death, but idk.

I always get doctor on a surviving hunter and 100% of the time take two large vitality, while I don't think this would change I wouldn't feel bad saving cash on small shots and may consider other perks first.
>>
File: 1627814121829.png (263 KB, 500x494)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>397194
kys phoneigger
>>
>>397199
>not shitposting whilst having a smoke
ngmi
>>
>>397196
Why not just push them? If you're unable to keep pressure on them then that's entirely on you or you're at sniping range and which case you should be aiming for heads and constantly rotating around.
>>
>>397186
you can bind jump and vault separately and successfully jump over various things the game would make you vault by default, it's more ^effective
I would love if the devs invested in the parkor of this game, there's so much potential
>>397188
ads is overrated
>>397189
chad gets it, suffering is truth and truth is skill
>>397191
should absolutely render everything further, the engine is just so demanding for majority of players already. double render distance of every object and player would be very interesting. i mean they increased long range RANGE but the ability to render enemies is still gimped AF
>Also can they fucking please increase the extraction interruption radius
get on the point pussy
>>397196
this is tricky af, because the ability to 1v3 is heavily dependent on being able to get heals off. and of course that should'nt be an easy task but it's fucking 1v3. throughout i'm pretty ok with the system if anything I'd like medpacks to do 75
I think multi hundred dollar helmets that eliminate a hs KO would be an interesting experiment, would probably increase camping behavior though which I'm against
>>397223
'pushing them' is my #1 strat. it isn't always optimum, but the amount of players willing to wait outside range for 40min is insane and I'd rather just get a new lobby you lowlife pussies
>>
How similar is the new bow to the huntsman from tf2 in terms of feel? I really like being a cuntsman.
>>
>>397227
Hunt's hitboxes are a lot more precise than in TF2. You won't be firing locomotives at people's heads down hallways, that's for sure, but it does kill when hitting the torso out to about 20m
>>
>>397224
>get on the point pussy
I fucking try don't get me wrong, but constantly spriting directly at the extraction only to have them extract as im within spitting distance is infuriating, and especially with stamina shots and healing so strong sometimes its just impossible catch or down a team running away.

>>397223
even when pushing, you literally lose your entire advantage in 3 seconds due to shots or doctor, mostly if Im in a medium range engagement it just ends up hitting them and rotating 3 or 4 times not because I don't want to push, but because I want to drain their resources, then go in.
Maybe I'm just salty about the few times I get the first shot after pushing an advantage only to be fanned or bowed recently
>>
>>397249
Dude you literally have to hit them twice in the chest with most weapons, boom they're dead. With the range increases I think you are just a terrible shot. Get within range for your weapons and capitalize when they are on their heels. When they are healing that is the time to hit them, most of the time without physician it takes a few seconds to get a full heal and most people are too stupid to find a good spot so choose the corner around where you just shot at them.

My favorite is to hit then once with winnie/mosin/uppercut, let them run to heal and finish them with saber/machete/bayonet.
>>
File: GET DOWN MR. PRESIDENT.webm (2.86 MB, 1920x1080)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>
>>397388
such is life
>>
here's an idea
a fast flying mob
>>
>>397454
here's an idea
kys
>>
File: 1611456166267.png (537 KB, 600x900)
537 KB
537 KB PNG
>>397388
kek
abhorrent luck
>>
throwing axes are fucking garbage
>>
File: cliff racer.jpg (6 KB, 256x197)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>397454
>>
>>397510
they're like better throwing knives, wish i had 3 tho
>>
>>397518
throwing knives suck ass too
throwing axe sucks as a throwing weapon and as a melee weapon
>>
>>397520
i completely agree
>>
The bow was a mistake.
>>
>>397565
the 1.0 update to this game was a mistake, or whatever update changed the gunplay because of CONSOLES
>>
Throwing axe was a mistake
Waste of development
>>
File: doomer.jpg (97 KB, 600x532)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>Be me and 2 friends
>all 5 star mmr with me still being 0.82 kd
>Decide thats to high and we encounter to many sweatlords
>Time to derank
>We decide we'll just take whatever free hunter we have and go in as is no healing no antidotes and combat axe and hand crossbow if thats what we got
>Also never run from any fight and decide we cannot leave without every bounty at least
>80% we get all bounties both 1 and 2 bounty games usually wiping the whole server aswell
>Had a few games with 1 bounty and hadall teams outside the bounty lair and we always won
>Literally never went in with first aid kits or vitality shots
>went in with shit tier weapons and almost always came out with a mosin nagant and uppercut
>mmr stays at 5 stars
>mfw
>>
>>397631
>80% of the time we got all the bounties and extracted
Sorry I'm clearly illiterate
>>
>>397594
did someone lose their precious scalp? cry harder
>>
>>397269
>you are just a terrible shot
maybe, not worth dick measuring but I think im a pretty okay. Im not talking about the stupid people, and certianly not people who would let me get into melee range. Most of the time if you aren't caught with their pants down they don't have to "run" to heal, they just hide behind cover to heal and they're up in a few seconds. I guess I should start using fmj more to wallbang more often but when I can't I can only rotate and watch the spot
>>
I can't wait to finish my second path so I can go back to having trip mines in duos. So many untrapped barrels that would have been free kills.
>>
>>397631
big pp energy, you all earned those 5 stars
lose in quickplay if you wanna derank fast
>>
>>397644
You know the axe stinks, once the event is over nobody will use it at all, it's not good for PVE and it's even worse for PVP
>>
>>397683
if they buff it to 4 axes instead of 2 I'd take it over throwing knives. even just 3 and I'll consider it. I enjoy them thematically even if they're not the most practical
>>
>>397689
I'd like them a lot if there were 3 axes and you could do 4 light melees with full stamina.
>>
Just started playing again to check out the event, after not playing at all once 1.0 hit. I am positively amazed at the amount of impatient people who don't seem to understand this game. Why are there so many of them running around without a care in the world? Why can I, essentially a newbie at this point, wipe trios who loudly stomp everywhere? It's hilarious and I really want to understand what drew these kinds of players to the game. Did it get marketed to the mainstream as Call of Duty: Bayou Ops or something?
>>
>>397706
you're a better player, playing against 3-star shitters

you'll naturally improve your mmr and get to face enemies in your own weight class

low-star hunt is like console hunt, it's goofy and it's like most players suffer from some mental deficit
>>
>>397706
Eventually you'll get paired up with players who still stomp around everywhere and then will suddenly go quiet. But yeah, 3 star Hunt is hilariously braindead.
>>
>>397706
Don't worry, once you get to 5 stars you'll encounter players who stomp around everywhere and then kill you anyway
>>
>>395989
just got scared by a romero camper lad in quick play
>>
File: nope.gif (1.45 MB, 453x344)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
>>397776
shit like that is why I don't enjoy jump-scare horror movies
>>
>last three times I've been on DeSalle it's been spawn fights
I'm fucking done with this map. Why the fuck did they think increasing the amount of spawns would result in less spawn fights?
>>
'ate the bayou
>>
Does the terminus with iron repeater shoot faster than the specter with iron devastator?
The store page claims the specter has a higher rate of fire, and I thought the iron traits only bring ADS rate of fire up to match the hipfire.
>>
>>397818
>>>>>>>>>shotguns
>>
>>397785
I guess you've been LOSING said spawn fights then?

Spawn fights are rad. Last week we had all 4 trios at Seven sisters within the first 3 minutes. Everyone but our team was dead in 7. Amazing fight.
>>
>>397824
thanks for the input homo
>>
>>397818
I don't think so. It's faster levered but only just, it feels anyway. Someone should do a side-by-side
>>
>>397893
you'll get some more when long ammos brought up faggit
>>
Think both event bars are doable if I start now and play ~2 hours a day lads?
>>
>>398014
Yeah actually.
>>
>>397818
>Does the terminus with iron repeater shoot faster
>terminus
>iron repeater
>a trait for lever action >RIFLES<
>using a shotgun
You could've answered your own question by thinking about it for longer than 2 seconds
>>
>>398100

Im pretty sure that trait works with the terminus
>>
>>398115
the trait specifically says rifles, why the fuck do you think it works with a shotgun
>>
search iron repeater in the store
>>
Every single time I get matched with shitty teammates, they are white stoners or 85IQ niggers. Don't know what's up with that.
>>
>>397818
>>398100
>>398115
>>398118
Iron Repeater does apply to the Terminus. Terminus with slugs, levering and iron repeater is fantastic.
Search "Iron Repeater" in the store and it will show you all the guns it applies to.
>>
>>397388
>lemutt at that range
Wouldn't have killed him anyway, that's what you get for using a meme gun
>>
>>398130
I hate that the terminus needs all that to be good. It feels so lacking on its own.
>>
>>398014
easily
>>
>streamers seething about shotguns because its a 1-shot kill without a headshot
Keep up the great work shotgun chads. Never let those fucking tryhards ever see you before you blast them.
>>
>>398510
>use shotgun with flechette
>2-shot streamers from downtown
>streamers seethe about shotguns having range
I don't think it's about them being a 1-shot anymore. Streamers and CoD kids seem to be allergic to shotguns in general.
>>
never had a problem with shotguns, either retreat and shoot them with a rifle or bring a cqc weapon like the officer and have good positionam awareness
>>
File: 1621310814686.gif (176 KB, 220x224)
176 KB
176 KB GIF
>>398118
>>398100
The gun's like six months old and this guy doesn't know that lever action traits apply to it
>>
File: 1606519953699.jpg (15 KB, 459x460)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>398120
I'm a white stoner but I'm a 2000 hour boi with 3.2k/d/a and hover around 5 1/2 stars, depending on how much I meme and solo.

I never do randoms tho, what a horrible thought
>>
>in 2v1
> gunshots from behind
link related https://streamable.com/mhfl8t

when will felis players learn bros???
>>
>trapped in the boss lair with another guy
>both our partners are down
>there's a sniper team whose asses are glued to a rock 100 meters south of us and another team pushing from the north
>he tells me to stay on my side of the barn and there won't be no trouble, we even start sharing info on the other teams
>offer to work together and split the bounty
>gives me a no way fag then runs out and dies
Just fucking take the deal friendo.
>>
>>
>>398713
>offer to work together and split the bounty
>gives me a no way fag then runs out and dies
based.
>>
File: 64e.gif (1.63 MB, 500x362)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>395989
>It's another 'Enemy survives pointblank shot from a Specter to the chest and proceeds to gun me down' episode
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
In other news I'm on tract to get the Third Son, at least
>>
>>398913
Take the romeropill, the only shotgun that will never betray you.
>>
thank god for concertina traps and dumdum ammo
>>
>>398913
>it's another anon who refuses to admit his buckshot pattern was half off the target episode

Also it's on *track* not on *tract*

>>398922
All shotguns are fine if you actually know their spread and damage range AND keep that in mind when you use them.
>>
>>398254
it literally only needs levering, which is three points
by standard I start with uppercut+spectre
>win
>get levering and terminus
>win more
>>
>>398254
Iron repeater is literally worthless for anything but slugs. Hipfire accuracy = ADS accuracy for all shotgun ammos except slugs fyi.
>>
>>399018
I know, it was a typo.
I was close enough to smell the other Hunter upon firing, but such is the Bayou
>>
>Fighting a team at Nicholls Prison despite no clues or boss
>Hear another team coming from C&A
>Retreat into the prison complex
>Both mates get downed
>Hide inside one of the prison rooms to heal up whilst the other teams are fighting eachother
>Hear footsteps coming
>Two hunters run past the room I was hiding in, completely ignoring me
>Another trio joins in the fight
>Listen to the entire server down and revive eachother repeatedly until the last two guys trade
>Peek out my hiding spot
>Count all the bodies
>Revive, loot and run the gauntlet
The Bayou favours the rattiest players
>>
>>399115
>I sat and did nothing: the post
Congrats
>>
For me its the martini henry riposte
>>
>>399267
Is explosive ammo worth it on the martini?
>>
>>399308
I like using it to breach barred doors and clear concertina wire. I mainly keep regular ammo loaded and just switch to explosive as needed
>>
File: 1630783498815.png (606 KB, 1080x695)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
>>399267
Exquisite taste
>>
>>399347
>well never get a legendary like this

Sucks man.
>>
>>398100
PROTIP: If you enter the name of the perk into the search field in the store window it will filter out all weapons affected by that perk. That way you don't have to make an ass out of yourself like this again.
>>
>>399309
Very cunning.
>>
File: 1626536421648.jpg (74 KB, 1080x1049)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Creeping and Crawling around shooting fucks who cant tell where the arrows are coming from is so satisfying
>>
>>399267
Convince me to use it over a vetterli bayonet with fmj
>>
>>399115
Those are nice feels, I've been playing with my bro who refuses to push or even peek out to where I am pinging so I have to play just as cautious as he does otherwise we are guaranteed dead. He even refused to revive me one time when it was just another duo and us, I was pushing them with literally one bar of health because I was so frustrated at him sitting there in the field not even attempting to look for anybody peeking.
>>
>>396695
Wear headphones, my first few games I got 1-3 kills without knowing what I was doing just because headphones are basically wallhacks in this game
>>
I just started playing this for the first time since Early Access, Really loving the game so far. Also The Prodigal Daughter is hot.
>>
File: 1629655532756.jpg (99 KB, 970x841)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
aimpunch is a nigger feature and you can't convince me it isn't.
>>
pax precision
>>
File: file.png (761 KB, 720x960)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
Hey lads, just popping by real quick
If any of you recall a while back I asked about suggestions for a Hunt: Showdown rep for /vm/'s meme soccer/football team that ended up competing a month ago.
/vm/'s team is getting reworked, so we're looking for new rep suggestions for the team to put on the roster poll. It'll be much easier this time to get a rep on the team because half of the team won't be dedicated to generic multiplayer memes
If you were to suggest a rep for Hunt: Showdown, what would it be? If I would take a guess, I'd say Mosindolch or Pax Precision. The only suggestion I got a few months ago was Big Iron, but I'd like to hear any you might have
>>
>>399697
If they’re just porting a model, just make it one of the meme tier legendaries like Redshirt, Redneck, Der Coomer, etc. and put a mosin (avto would be even better) on their back and a Dolch in their hand
>>
>>399665
>get shot
>literally have a piece of metal penetrate into your person
>doesnt flinch or move a muscle
retard, git gud and shoot first
>>399690
absolutely based
>>
>>399730
>>399697
either a redshirt with romero pax or a felis with mosin dolch
>>
>>399730
>der coomer
who?
>>
upsidedowndog here hope you like my sparks pax kill https://streamable.com/o9hn73
>>
File: 1587227765372.jpg (54 KB, 650x650)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>399665
You're a nigger for getting shot first you fucking faggot
>>
>>399530
The melee on riposte has saber damage and range (oneshots anywhere but legs on a heavy stab). Long ammo means same pen as medium FMJ. More ammo in reserve and easier to replenish.

vetterli fmj is fucking sick tho and I really hope we get pax FMJ so I can double stack that ammo. Cent FMJ too.
>>
>>399772
iirc all fmj has same pen of 2 thin metal sheets but could be wrong, last time I checked I couldn't find anything other than the 2 metal thing
>>
File: screenshot0000.jpg (647 KB, 3440x1440)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>399776
Got to be 6 star for one game. Guess it's time to never play hunt again.
>>
>>399665
Without aimpunch a lot of weapons become invalidated as firing speed becomes irrelevant and the only thing that matters is how much damage you do.
>>
File: 1626022746146.webm (2.67 MB, 288x360)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB WEBM
>play at 4-5 stars
>everyone just meta building, getting angry if you try something new
>get a few bad games and be downgraded to 3
>experience full autism and have fun with shitters doing crazy shit like a bunch of hillbillies
I dont want to leave, 2-3 stars is paradise
>>
>>399795
Tell your secrets on how to drop mmr
>>
>>399815
just get killed without killing anything a few matches in a row
>>
>>399665
what's aimpunch
>>
>>399758
based al réves perro con sombrero
>>
>>399815
Use a shotgun every game and just run into every boss building
>>
bad at game but is fun
>>
>>399820
Basically what happens at 5 stars every other night, I've never been dropped to 4
>>
>>399745
the condemned dlc hunter
>>
>>399815
buy a new account, you'll be able to drop MMR easier
>>
File: 1421049487010.gif (1.85 MB, 250x188)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
Are the servers shitting themselves lately or something?
The past 3 days I swear I've died to trades in almost half of my matches.
>>
File: 1620681177227.jpg (108 KB, 759x508)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>395989
>bushcamped 3 times today already

I'm not even being careless just getting shotgunned by some asshole waiting there for 10 min straight not moving. I might have to put this game down for awhile once the event is over.
>>
>>399847
muchas gracias
>>
>>400093
sorry pardner sounds like a lot of cope, only shitters think that someone was waiting there for an extended period of time. reality is you just got unlucky with timing and positioning which is fine, just remember to learn from your mistakes and power on into the depths of the bayou, we'll all make it in the end
>>
>>400082
recent patch regarding bullets not registering from a recently killed hunter being changed has resulted in trades becoming more frequent which tbhdesu is a good thing
>>
>>396207
That sucks the old lore was ligitimatly novel tier
>>
FUCK PAX PRECISION

GIVE ME PAX CARBINE
>>
>>400180
Too big.
I want a medium slot medium ammo gun with multiple shots.
Maybe a slightly longer barrel than normal like the bornheim match, but not another officer carbine.
>>
File: Anna.png (1001 KB, 1045x507)
1001 KB
1001 KB PNG
For a game with gun skins, Hunt really does them right for the most part. I do like a lot of the more subtle legendaries rather than the flashy engraved things. I wish more games would do this kind of thing, if the game must have them.
>>
File: brass flower.jpg (56 KB, 1100x619)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>400192
brass flower is the best skin in the game. We need more of it.
>>
>>400135
So what is the recourse for some dickhead sitting in the bush with a specter? Git gud at dodging buckshot from 5 meters? You're probably one of those fags who sits 200 m away in a watchtower with a lebel and extract when you see your teammates go down actually fighting and going for the bounty.
It's alright I'll just tank so I can go back down to 4 stars and start having fun with the game again.
>>
>>400226
oh no are you the faggot who was going on about people not playing the game properly ahahaha cope shitter youre just fucking bad at the game
>>
>>400215
shame its on the lemat
>>
The proper way to play is using free hunters and sprinting around like retard.
>>
>>400243
>0 cost
>easy $150 + map loot if you don't get spawnkilled
>even more if you take down hunters or the boss
>teams waste time hunting you down if they run into you
Yeah, I'm thinking it's based.
>>
Does the officer need a nerf or should it just cost more? I have a lot of trouble justifying bringing other pistols unless I'm using a shotgun or a lebel.
>>
>>400265
74 damage with a 100 cost ATLEAST
>>
File: disgust.gif (935 KB, 220x220)
935 KB
935 KB GIF
>>400265
>not a conversion with fanning
pleb
>>
File: 1424462066567.jpg (12 KB, 201x199)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>can't use normal guns
>get tired of using shotguns
t. 500+ kills on my deaths. I can't hit headshots at all.
>>
File: harmonica staring.jpg (9 KB, 339x149)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>400265
Conversion pistol (optionally with fmj) is just an uppercut for people who can aim. 104 damage isn't anything to fuck with. Crispy delicious pistol.

Pax is even more forgiving, has good pen and good velocity.

Uppercut is obviously great.

Nagant is king of the fanning guns and nagant P is a patrician's weapon.

Officer is fine. Decent damage, good fire rate, low ammo reserve. Brawler gives it an actual point.

Lemat is fine but kind of a meme. Literally slug storage. damage is just too low.

Bornheim is good if you just go for heads, otherwise it is utterly trash.

Dolch is only OK now and it was never as good as people thought.

Most people tend to think that you either need insanely high damage OR a very high fire rate (fanning, double action, semi etc) to justify using a pistol as a legitimate option. But if you can actually aim and hit shots.. two tapping someone in the body with single action is not hard at all. And if you hit heads it matters even less. The difference in follow up shot speed is not as big as it might feel between say an officer and a conversion pistol. Try going just conversion for awhile (even without fanning). Especially with FMJ the damage is pretty fucking beefy.
>>
>>400292
>Dolch is only OK now and it was never as good as people thought.
Confirming, I hit someone three fucking times with a Dolch Precision I looted off someone at around 40-50 meters and they didn't die. The reload nerf was a fine addition, but they didn't need to neuter the damage.
>>
>>400226
maybe sprint around like a retard less, they're obviously waiting because they know you're coming.

Or do you actually think that people are sitting in one bush waiting for people to get close? Someone here is a fucking idiot and it's not the people killing you
>>
The trials are actually kind've fun when you get used to them
>>
>>400295
cant help it if my teammates decide to charge into battle without me and leave me to pick up the pieces. it takes no skill to sit in a bush with a shotgun was my only original point but of course you cunts will defend anything in this game and have to make it about me being bad even though im at 5 stars regularly. community full of absolute faggots
>>
>>400359
Absolute insecure 5 star response.
>>
>>400359
compensate harder, faggot
>>
no fuck this garbage https://streamable.com/8zv1ca
>>
>>400359
no you're fucking garbage t.5 star who doesnt have these problems because I'm not a fucking moron. I play solo 90% of the time so I can guarantee that if you're struggling in a fucking trio then you have no one to blame but yourself
>>
I struggle in trios because they're so much louder than duo/solo matches. Having 2 teammates stomping around makes it hard to focus sometimes.
t. 5 star Rival Slugs abuser
>>
>>400373
you don't have to focus so hard
that's the beauty of trios
>>
>>400373
not my fault youre such a social weakling who cant command their squadmates t.igl
>>
>>397683
It is a quiet alternative to the fusees. You can one shot armored quietly and it wont consume on use.
>>
>>400364
So this is what happens to shotgun niggers who can't find a compound to camp in quickly enough.
>>
>>400422
>legendary hunter
>has iron devestator
>sure Ill give the specter a go, I never play shotguns
>kill felis with based fmj chain pistol
>push to body when partner goes for res
rest is history, I'm sticking with the sparks
>>
>>400390
doubles as a melee weapon too so opens up a tool slot
>>
>>400429
While some people might like the dual purpose of it, fusees and a knuckle knife are just far better at what they do so as soon as the event is over I'm going back to that, plus night maps are more fun when you're packing some fusees
>>
>>400379
I'm not having trouble communicating, fren. Having another person running around you just makes it harder to hear other players.
>>
>>400422
I kill you with my uppercut
>>
File: 1626820240060.png (29 KB, 649x560)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>400356
The 25 headshots ones can fuck off though, why aren't the zombies spawned in at the beginning
>>
>>400356
Agreed, looking forward to the DeSalle ones
>>
>>400487
I finished all the headshot challenges but they just make me feel like there's something fundamentally wrong with the hitboxes in this game.
>>
>>400491
this, or else my small brain can't really get around bullet velocity

sometimes it feels like i'm shooting huntsman arrows from tf2, sometimes it feels like you need pixel-perfect aim
>>
Im trying to get back into this game, anyone want to partner with someone who kinda sucks? Dont want to do voice, though.
>>
>>400476
Play with frens instead of random, even with mics people have their own strategies and playstyles going in and might not want to adhere to whatever gameplan you have in your mind. It's much easier if both or all three of you are on the same level, even better if not using that godawful proximity chat and giving away your position constantly.
>>
>>400364
Mightve registered as 2 arm hits, plus the rng with the shotguns without slugs is kind of silly if you're even slightly out of range.
>>
I FUCKING SUCK
AAAAAAAAAA WHY AM I SO BAD
I PLAY THIS GAME ALL THE TIME
>>
File: s.jpg (70 KB, 500x500)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>400562
sure. monstaslaya#7899
>>
How do I fight a guy camping with a bow as a solo once they realize I'm there? Is there even a good move? Find a lantern and toss it? Run 100m away and shoot them with a fast firing weapon? I don't get it. It's everything a shotgun wishes it could be.
>>
>>400659
Flush them out like any camper? You'd be surprised how good chokes are at flushing rats out and if they start choking than it's an easy wallbang.
>>
>>400664
Can you wallbang a bale of hay? I would have thought "yes" but I don't think the game agrees.
>>
i just fucking realized i could unequip items on my hunter.... I have been throwing away and selling everything i didnt want on the toolbar........
>>
How do you tell if you're getting better at the game? Not dying as much? Dying in trades more than anything else?
>>
>>400721
Not dying. True Hunter enlightenment comes from realizing it's better to escape alive and empty handed, than meet death in a situation you don't have control over. The game gives you a plethora of tools outside of guns to help you ensure the flow of combat remains in your favor, as long as you're willing to make the right tactical choices.

Your Hunters deserve to see their retirement, anon.
>>
>>400562
what region
>>
>>400364
don't ADS with shotguns
>>
>>400666
bud hay bales are pretty bulletproof in real life too. I've shot one and recovered the bullet nestled mere inches within.
>>
>>400786
Haybales make amazing backstops for shooting, I can confirm
>>
>>400786
>>400794
So haybales, ground, trees, and other natural obstacles are all solid cover that can't be penned by anything
shit, that's gonna be hard to work around
>>
>>400949
Realistically bullets are best absorbed by soft, but very dense things, like haybales, the ground, and trees, and have a danger of ricocheting against hard objects like thick metal , rocks, or at some distances certain types of ground.
Hunt is neat in that regard
>>
>>400666
Yes, i did it before
>>
does fanning increase the ads rof too
>>
>>400978
no
>>
>new to the game
>played less than 10 matches with some friends
>go solo
>find a trio with both bounties
>kill two of them and get one bounty
>throw a molly on the bodies
>last dude is below the map for some reason
>when I look back both bodies are gone
>got blasted in my face by a nitro shotgun from one of the guys I killed

Was that some kind of multihack I just experienced?
>>
>>401035
>>last dude is below the map for some reason
Compound might’ve had an underground section, like Stillwater Bend, Healing Waters Church, Chapel of St. Madonna, etc.
>>when I look back both bodies are gone
revived when you weren’t looking

Also Nitro is a rifle but it basically functions like a shotgun with slugs would. Either way it just sounds like you got fucked on map knowledge, but killing 2/3 of a team as a solo aint bad.
>>
>>401040
I just learned about the necromancer trait, was probably it. He never got close enough to the bodies, must have revived them from the floor.
>>
>>401035
not a hack, first few hundred hours and prestiges youll think its hacks but in reality it was just good players. hi it seems youre new here, mind sharing WHAT FUCKING REGION YOU'RE FROM CMON I ALREADY GOT 2 LETS MAKE IT 3
>>
>>401178
Get on the discord maybe
>>
>>401178
South America, but 90% of my games goes to US East, where I play with 140+ ping, so it kinda sucks.
>>
>>401202
Invalid invite.
>>
>>401212
good stay where you belong subhuman oi nah come in i guess https://discord.gg/rgqvWqkS
>>
>>401211
You don't have to select a secondary server, you can just untick it and matchmake exclusively on the south american server. I heard that it's a pretty dead region though so you might not find games.
>>
The Tomahawk is actually a pretty cool melee tool. It's very fun to bumrush someone and make the surprise of throwing it in their face
>>
>>401316
too bad you need to waste a consumable slot on a stamshot in order to save a tool slot (which imo the consumables are much more needed than a tool slot)
>>
File: file.png (644 KB, 600x470)
644 KB
644 KB PNG
>>401321
there's lootboxes everywhere that will fill empty consumable slots as well as player loots
this is an objectively wrong evaluation
>>
>>401321
Only dweebs bring anything but drugs in to the bayou son. Nades are something you just grab on the way to the fight.
>>
>>401372
>>401412
>team fight
>HEY GUYS LET ME GO TO THE NEAREST SUPPLY WAGON HOLD ON NO ITS OKAY /VM/ SAID SO WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM THE REASON WE'RE STUCK AT 2 STARS NO IT'S BECAUSE OF ALL THE BUSHCAMPERS AND LONG AMMO USERS HAHA THEYRE NOT BASED BOYS LIKE US HAHA
>>
>>401412
>Nades are something you just grab on the way to the fight.

Yeah lemme dunk on this cowboy with my hive bomb and chaos bomb
>>
File: lights out commie.webm (2.2 MB, 1500x1000)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB WEBM
>>401489
>>401507
relying on consumables
ngmi
>>
>>401538
>enemies in boss lair with shotguns
> NO DON'T USE NADES
>why?
>J-JUST BECAUSE
>>
File: Spoiler Image (251 KB, 1920x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
who wins? legendary hunter with dolch nitro or a free hunter with conversion springfield?
>>
>>401578
lmao update he's 5 hours into the game and 1 star, this explains a lot
>>
File: Euh4cA2XEAAqqW0.jpg (753 KB, 4096x2892)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
How do I fight bows bros
>>
>play sober
>seethe because of mosins
>get drunk
>click heads with springfield
guess I’ll just be an alcoholic now
>>
File: another-landscape.jpg (32 KB, 720x405)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>401777
WHAT A LIFE
>>
>>401776
Either play outside their effective range, or bait their shot and push them. Also, they have 0 penetration so abuse that.
>>
>>401777
Getting tipsy but not full on drunk has always made me concentrate way better, and it really shows when playing games like Hunt. Maybe early surgeons were onto something, sucks about the whole liver thing though.
>>
>>401928
you're here for a good time, not a long time
>>
God damn their servers suck ass. Fix this shit
>>
>>401956
Just need you to buy one more legendary and we will fix anon. Just one more
>>
File: WHAT A LIFE.webm (663 KB, 1920x952)
663 KB
663 KB WEBM
>>401909
>>
>shoulder someone with a nitro point blank
>hit the followup officer shot
>they are still not dead
why is the nitro so bad dude
>>
>>398519
they feared the 1887 in mw2, and they shall fear the 1887 in hunt as well
>>
>>401956
So it's not just me? It's been absolute dogshit for the past week. So much rubberbanding
>>
>>401956
please understand
>>
>>402106
its a pve gun retard, also never happened youre just garbage
>>
File: 1631175875881.jpg (82 KB, 966x913)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
For the past few days, I've been playing fine. Having a blast clicking heads at long range with my Sharps. Today I haven't been able to hit shit, missing easy shots even at close range, and getting killed in the most retarded ways.
What in tarnation is going on? Are the servers really having issues with latency or did I just forget how to play overnight?
>>
>>402307
Ur in a rutt pardner, remember to thank the bayou for what shes bestowed unto you. only then will your aim come back
>>
Just got killed by 12 hounds after wiping the server solo. AMA
>>
>>402334
do you feel pain, anger, or just disappointment?
>>
>>402337
Regret.
>>
Took new friend to the bayou and taught him the importance of leave AI around the compound alone.
eu region, sorry headwear canine
Not gonna shill my youtube shit here, have a streamable instead https://streamable.com/xixqa6
>>
>Dont play for weeks
>dunk on some tryhard 6 star team solo
>play for a few days in a row
>keep getting shit pushed in

Hope I fill up my tendie point bars soon so I can repeat this process
>>
>>395989
just started playin and put 5hrs in and its been really fun
so far ive learned that killing the boss is fun but ultimately a meme when you get shit on by other groups waiting for you to do the work
>>
>>402878
Good luck and have fun. Don't worry about dying or the money.
>>
>>402878
region oce btw.
>>
>>402878
If you're getting clapped by players but are comfortable with enemies, you should take some free/cheap hunters and go look for fights.
Players are the real threat of the game so getting used to fighting them will benefit you most in the long run.
>>
File: 1415606267031.gif (1.07 MB, 198x134)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>play solo, at 4-star matchmaking (5-star with strong medium modifier)
>Centennial Sniper with FMJ
>single boss, spawn at Brickworks
>wait a bit in compound because I thought I heard a gunfight nearby
>boss banishing at Brinery
>run all the way north from C&A
>kite the compound looking through scope, hear nothing but shotguns
>after about 5 minutes decide to actually check the compound
>6 dead, last two traded
>grab bounty, loot everyone, head to boat extract north of Golden
>its 25 minutes in, figure I'm the last one
>check with my last second of sight just to be sure
>holy fuck there's an orange blip
>Night Seer just crouch walking in the open
>dome him
>look for his body for like 5 minutes, can't find it
>extract and laugh to myself
>dude was in a FUCKING DUO
I'll never understand some people. Why camp THAT extract? Why camp AT ALL? Why was I not shot at by the other guy? I sent the dude a friend invite (private profile) because I just gotta know what the play there was but he never accepted.
>>
>>402930
dont do this to me
>>
>>402878
Boss isn't really a meme, banishes in particular are super important as a resource because it restores all your lost health bars. It's definitely not the focus of a match tho you're right there.

Keep at it son
>>
>>402910
thanks im mostly messing around with equipment now
>>402932
im gonna do that with stuff i dont mind losing lol
>>403056
thanks anon ill make you proud
>>
i got some free premium skins from the shop for 0 blood points
call the cops im not giving them back
>>
>>403064
Some of them COST 0 bb's you dingus. But enjoy I guess.
>>
File: 1428300489443.jpg (9 KB, 211x212)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>trios
>kill two of one team
>last guy kills all three of us
>comments on my profile that I'm a loser for losing 1v3
>he's prestige 100 with 4.1 KDA
>didn't comment on my friends profiles
Did I really piss him off that bad?
>>
File: hands.png (1.63 MB, 1318x749)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>square the fuck up, negro
>>
how do i get gud?
>>
>>402205
pve? for what? blastin chickens from across the prairie?
>>
>>403187
bosses you faggot, like the bomb lance.
>>
>>403168
you start by tellin me where ur from stranger
>>
>>403188
bosses shmosses, ill take one down with my bare fists while you lug around a nitro and a bomb lance on yer back
>>
>>403190
>implying I'm a nigger who wastes a weapon slot on that shit
sparks or bust
>>
File: 1618758550579.jpg (267 KB, 634x752)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>403188
>bomb lance
>for bosses

Pathetic.
>>
>>403192
a sparksfag i see what a loser you are,, bet you miss yer one measly shot while i hail bullets into yer hide
>>
>>403188
the best anti boss weapon is stamina shot.
>>
>people pay money to play a game where they go kill a boss then do literally nothing for 30 minutes
>>
>>403245
>muh walking simulation argument
nice job on outing yourself as a rat shitter
>>
>tfw 3star noob with 40 hours
>almost always play solo because people are scary
>0.8 KD at best
>get incredibly frustrated when I pick out a loadout, load in and get domed by the first person I encounter
>every so often I get a single kill and it gives me the tiny shred of dopamine that keeps me invested
I love the aesthetic, themes, design, and everything else about this game but the gameplay treats me like a battered housewife
>>
>>403319
reeeeegion?
>>
>>403319
I feel ya pardner. I've been playing this dumb game in short bursts since beta, but never longer than a couple of weeks at a time. I love everything about the concept but god damn sometimes it feels like the game design doesn't actually want you to play.
Playing solo exclusively is probably my malfunction though. I just can't stand playing with people who don't understand noise discipline.
>>
>>403401
I decided to give duos a try for the first time a while ago and got matched with a 1star who unloaded a full levered winnie mag into a water devil about ten seconds into the match. That put me off randoms for a bit, I tell ya
>>
>>403466
1 star are funny folk I tell ya. you think they'd give up but they persist anyway
>>
So the effective range listed on every rifle and pistol is the max headshot range, right? So Centennial with FMJ is 221, I thought they were going to buff medium ammo to 300 meters, or was that just in the test server?
>>
>>403601
Correct on effective range.
Long ammo got buffed to headshot at around 300m. Medium ammo got buffed too, but it wasn't nearly as far away.
>>
Saw a bunch of gigastreamers playing hunt recently, wonder if that'll bring more attention.
>>
Just got headshot by a guy with a mosin half a second after I killed him via shotgun

I feel robbed
>>
>>402205
1000 dollar pve gun
>>
>>403876
They should just give it something to buff it against people, maybe custom ammo or make it so when you down someone with it they lose 2 chunks instead of 1.
>>
>>403879
They nerfed it cause people were bitching that it was a shotgun with slugs now that there are actual shotguns with slugs we need that stupid sight off and it will be a fun gun to use again.
>>
iirc the devs said the nitro was a boss killing gun, its vastly overkill for taking down hunters like the stickybomb. price is high as fuck for what you get out of it though just bring a mosin and 2 sticky bombs and you have the same killing power for half the cost
>>
>>403735
i hope so
more free kills would be nice
>>
>>403946
I'm curious how much further the effective 1-shot range on the Nitro compares to the slugs on the Rival, or any of the shotguns for that matter.
>>
The voip is the actual best part of the game. Couple that with a small community that can take a joke makes this game great. Thank god for AA and good communities.
>>
>>404012
not to mention using voip to mislead opponents
>yeah cooking nade getting the guy outside
meanwhile youre actually nading the guy inside the house with you who stays still to not alert you of his presence thinking that you dont know hes there
>>
>>401316
No it's not it fucking sucks both as a throwing weapon and a melee weapon, it stinks
>>
>>404066
Its passable if you've got large stamina shots but other than that you're better off just bringing a heavy knife, it does the same thing and the throwing capability is really only good for 1-hitting armoreds completely silently.
>>
whats the damage increase on the throwing knives like with the perk?
>>
>>403998
the nitro one shots to about 50 meters iirc
>>
>>404164
Not to mention it gets dumdum which does medium bleeding so even if you don't oneshot them they'll have to go back into cover immediately to bandage or else they'll bleed to death
>>
Can this fucking event end already so the servers stop being so garbage, holy fuck
>>
File: 1418118007522.gif (889 KB, 500x286)
889 KB
889 KB GIF
Just got killed by ArchieTV, why the fuck am I getting matched up against 6-star Crytek partners SOLO as a 5-star?
>>
>>404361
'cause there's just 3 brackets in reality

1-2 star super shitters, about literal retards
3-4 star average players, anyone below 1.0 kd
5-6 star best players, anyone above 1.0 kd

the MMR ranges are fucking huge for 5-6 stars, you'll encounter everyone from a lucky 100 hour hunter that's okay at FPS games and had a lot of lucky games in a row to 5000 hour second job autists

the MMR is actually there to protect the 1-2 shitters from 3-4 shitters; which are in turn protected from anyone that's halfway decent at hunt, being 5-6 star shitters
>>
>>404482
Is the rating only based on kd?
>>
>>404486
No no, it's like ELO from chess
shitty explanation below, but better just read how ELO works on Wikipedia

if a weak 1 star kills you, the 3 star, he gets 30 points and you lose 30 points

if a 3star kills you, a 3 star, he gets 10 points and you lose 10 points

and if you, the 3 star, kill a 6 star, you get 30 points and he loses 30 points

The system will keep you within your bracket and keep you fighting with your optimal enemies; if you git gud and kill better enemies, the system puts you against better enemies up until the point that you're fighting equals. If you're shit, the system puts you up against other shitters.

the k/d growth is a natural one for Hunt, with most players averaging below 1.0 kd and being in the 3/4 star rank
better players naturally have an above 1.0 k/d, it is not a metric for how many stars someone has.

A starting, fresh hunt player has a 3 star rating
>>
the game was more fun without the MMR system
>>
>>404522
Its always been there they just share the numbers now amigo.
>>
>>404532
True, but the solo handicap is new
>>
>>403245
Lol wut
>>
why do people buy this game to sit motionless in the boss lair with a shotgun for 30 minutes
>>
why do people buy this game to sit motionless outside the boss lair with a rifle for 30 minutes
>>
why do people buy this game to sit motionless
>>
File: 1630585895547.jpg (4 KB, 231x218)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
just now i was too late to save my partner from being burned, i'm sorry amigo...
>>
why do people buy this game
>>
>>404692
Just get a bounty and pick him up bro
>>
>>404605
>>404619
>>404632
I don't value my time.
>>
>>404490
It also goes up or down if you dont extract with a bounty/get out alive. I've seen 4 star people with a .7 kd
>>
I really hate how there's no longer just four parties per match, it gets really hard to count how many people are left
>>
>>404780
>count 8 bodies
>accounting for those gunshots we heard at the start of the map at goddard its highly likely we're the last 2 alive
ez
>>
File: Capture.png (761 KB, 1283x814)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
aaaaa
>>
>>404815
Try 8 kills as a solo. If you killed four hunters as solo in an old game with teams of 3 off, that would have been half the server with just you and the last remaining team. If you managed to knock another group off at the start, you often had a good corner of the map to yourself. You could pick your engagements better. Now that the servers always fill with 12 people, there are at least five parties of two and one other solo running around the map, or at worst, eleven solo players. That's a random number between six and eleven places for them to spawn, and lots of different variables going everywhere at once in the flow of the average hunt player's mindset, which is to say completely fucking random. This puts solo players at a massive disadvantage compared to before because they have to wipe multiple teams to contest anything and even after wiping two or three there's always a good chance another will be either drawn in by the gunfire or clues.
I already have a game I can play if I want to kill hordes of enemies with revolvers, it's called Serious Sam.
>>
File: fug u x 2.webm (3 MB, 960x544)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>
File: Smoremaster_01.gif (1.95 MB, 480x269)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
>>404758
(citation needed)
>>
>>404852
I'm really struggling to see what your point is other than a whole lot of cope. I play solo frequently and never have issues with how many people are left. Unless you can count 11 bodies then you can't know that you're the last alive, how is this an alien concept to (you)?
>>
>>404532
letting people see the numbers changes how they play, mostly making them more concerned about maintaining an arbitrary number and playing like a pussy
>>
>>404692
Acquire chokes
>>
>>404907
It's called "counting cards." Poker players don't have 41 cards in their hand, but they have a good idea of what three other people have given what's available and who is still in the game. When teams were limited to 4, you could count players like cards. You kill one, hear gunfighting in the distance, could be a fight, could be a team being loud, but given on your personal game sense you could discern whether or not it was a gunfight or just one group being loud.
But, when you fuck with the math of who gets into the game, you fuck with the math of people playing the game. By making it not some consistent number of separate parties, you can't count players and you can't keep track of the game's state, how many people could possibly still be kicking, where they are on the map, where they could go next, all that stuff goes out the window when around 7 parties are fucking around. Randomness on the wrong things fucks with everything. Clue spawns, boss spawns, player spawns, that stuff deserves to be random. The number of independent parties in the game being random? Who benefits from that? Not only was there tact in piecing together how many people are on the map before you even meet them, the oversaturation of independent players makes it harder to survive and actually benefit from the underdog bonus. It turned a solo from game about risk calculation, estimation, tracking, with a bunch of shooty shooty bangbang into only shooty shooty bangbang because nigga you gotta pop all 11 motherfuckers on the map yourself. To say nothing of teams reviving each other, of course. Then the amount of kills you need to win is astronomical.
The game has gotten less interesting solo. Tracking few targets on the map was fun, finding out your hunches were right was great. Killing them was just icing on the cake. I used to open the map and I think where those shots are coming from, now I open it and say to myself "nigga they're everywhere".
>>
>>405028
tldr got the jist of "crytek maek my game hard" from it. git gud. youre crying because you think you have this established "higher ability" to do whatever the fuck youre on about but the reality is youre just one of those retards who are so unintelligent that you cannot perceive the concept of you being that stupid; ignorance is bliss I guess. I have no difficulty whatsoever keeping track of the match and its players and I have no idea why you struggle so much with it. My only advice I can give to you is to keep track of who you kill, who you see get killed, where other gunfights are (if you listen closely enough you can actually hear different gunshot sounds which can help you identify how manu players are fighting) and putting all that together you can get a good estimate of where the games at. keep trying anon youll get there :)
>>
>>405031
>And everyone stood up and clapped.
>>
>>405034
cope
>>
>>405028
"I am the absolute faggot" the post
Shut the fuck up troon
>>
>>405048
Fuck off trio shitter, if I had wanted to shoot dudes all the fucking time back then I'd just go do trios. Maybe if you spent less time getting brought back to life by buttbuddies stroking your cock and more time actually playing solo you'd know what the problem is. Duos/solos is now just a battle royale instead of the low pop high suspense thrillers they used to be. Shit was like a horror game. I loved it. Turns out I was a fucking retard to think fags like you lot actually enjoyed solo, and turns out you actually like this chaotic bullshit. Empty flexers saying they've counted 11 bodies in a match, get real.
>>
>>405055
holy fuck he touched a nerve there didnt he???
>turns out I was a fucking retard
hey he figured it out well done, accepting you have a problem is the first step to fixing it anon :)
>>
>>404900
I think that's the best looking weapon skin in the game. Too bad the martini is so mediocre.
>>
>>400949
You can shoot through haybales with Spitzer ammo and some small trees with long ammo. Other than that just assume anything hard and more than 6 in thick you can't penetrate. Experimenting with a friend is a good way to learn
>>
>>405028
You're overthinking it anon. The game is about the bounties, get in get it and get out. That's all you need to worry about. If you go around looking for a fight you'll probably get one, but then you end up dead and broke. I play solo half the time and mostly don't engage with anyone if I don't have to. Concertina the bounty once it's banished, sit in a house adjacent and wait until its done, grab it and go watching your butt of course. And if all goes to shit, just extract and fight another day. You literally gain nothing by engaging with the enemy players besides some fancy weapon skins and xp, don't lose sight of the actual objective and you'll do fine.
>>
>>405359
Are you fucking retarded? There are countless single player games you could play that would be much more fun that this boring bullshit you posted
>>
>>405359
>not killing and looting enemy players for cash and expensive weapons
ngmi
>>
>>405225
I'd like to see it get some kind of buff, but I'm not sure what you could do to it without stepping on the other single shots.
Maybe dum dum ammo would help it, but a near-instant kill would probably be obnoxious and it would make the springfield irrelevant again.
>>
>>405433
fucking go play them then retard stop shitting up the thread with your braindead takes and retard tier opinions
>>
>>405455
velocity is the only thing separating it from the sparks for me
>>
>>405513
meant for >>405459
>>
EVERY FUCKING MATCH IS DUSK/DAWN OR NIGHT MAPS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
My Hunt career has reached it's peak
https://streamable.com/aicn6y
>>
>>405580
hehe nice, I got a few good wallbang clips Ill throw here later after work, gj anon. also tfw no longer saving clips of my kills as Im getting good enough in that a kill on its own isnt as amazing to me anymore, I now only save the wallbangs and sniping ones
>>
>>405555
The dusk map lighting hurts my eyes. Am I the only one?
>>
>>405359
The game is about the firefights with other players, anon. You're playing the game wrong if you're just avoiding fights.
>>
>>405639
>playing the game wrong
what are you, 12?
>>
>>397518
You can get three from, I think, consumable boxes.
>>
>>397785
I swear the game is programed to start picking spawns at the corners and then work out from there. If I spawn at a corner I am almost guaranteed to have someone else spawn at the other corner spot.
>>
>>397848
I was playing solo to farm event points and played a match on Stillwater Bayou and from the sound of it whole server decided to have a deathmatch at Catfish Grove. I don't know what actually happened but, whatever the end result let me solo both Assassin and the Butcher.
>>
>>399823
I think it is when you aim flys off target when you are hit. Like you were punched while aiming.
>>
>>405705
I think we had the same round, actually.
I was a solo who just went around farming for shit. Was it at dawn?
>>
>>400487
Those were the hardest ones for me as well. The only way I completed them was I had played them so much that I was lining up the next shot doing the mechanism animation. I looked up some guides, I was having so much trouble. The problem was they were so old that stuff changed. Like the one at the train yard has a bell that people used to shot to draw the grunts in. For some reason, now you can shot it maybe ones and it won't ring again.
>>
>>400390
Is anyone else finding that it takes two axes to kill the Concertina Armored?
>>
>>400683
Oops. Also you can only keep like one of the the contraband items.
>>
>>401035
There is a trait called Necromancer. It lets a player revive a downed teammate from a distance.
>>
>>405720
you have to hit them in the open ribcage to oneshot them, it's a bit tricky sometimes if they're flailing around a lot
>>
>>402145
I don't think I have seen too much except for one match where it got really bad. The audio was cutting out. Right as the banshing completed what I saw was one teammate drop and the other lit everyone on fire all instantly. Like animations skipped. I think killed a hunter that jumped and was floating in the air. I pulled back and the grenade that he was apparently thrown finally flew in behind me. The time was so big that I thought another hunter was up there.
>>
>>405713
I think so. It was last week and I have played a lot of matches sense then. I think the Assassin was at Alice Farms and the Butcher was at the Slaughterhouse. That match got me my first level 50 hunter.
>>
pax or chain fmj?
>>
>>405705
>hear a few gunshots early on
>nothing major
>dead silence while we kill the bounty
>decide to go for the second bounty
>10 corpses all right outside its front door
spooky
>>
>>405668
Let's say I am. How embarrassing is it that a 12 year old has to tell you that you're missing out on the best parts of the game by actively avoiding firefights?
>>
>>405763
not as embarrassing as complaining about how other people play videogames they bought with their own money
>>
>streamers are bitching about shotguns and bows are OP
>get salty from pushing into their effective range
>they've never heard about pulling back or simply forcing them into ranges they can't properly engage in
Holy fucking shit. I'm a long ammo shitter and it's fucking easy to deal with them. This is hilarious.
>>
>>405722
you can have 2 copies of contraband weapons (i.e. two romeros, two cadwells, etc etc)

you can have 1 copy of contraband tools and consumables
>>
I fucking love Hivebombs, i play in shitter elo 3-4 stars and faggots just can't literally handle these.
You chuck 'em, and you get free running cattle that you can shoot at your leisure, because whipping out melee and doing 2 swings to the swarm is way beyond them.
>>
>>405746
Pax for dual wielding or longer range
Chain FMJ to meme on people behind walls or with fanning

>>405796
Streamers and cod players have always complained about 1-hit kills from non-snipers. It was inevitable once hunt started becoming more popular.
>>
They did the dolch a little to dirty. It being so meh now with the need of special ammo is kinda annoying for the price. Should make it reg ammo or make the damage a little higher again
>>
>>405890
Agree completely, it’s not worth the price tag anymore. I think the reload nerf was a good thing but to nerf it’s damage and recoil so harshly just makes it a somewhat chunkier Bornheim for nearly x4 the cost. Hell the Bornheim match is more cost effective because it can two tap to the chest.
>>
i peaked last night, never gonna play that good ever again
>3 star 0.66 kd shitter with as of last night, 400 hours
>three team spawn fight at kingsnake
>get killed by black coat
>picked up, friends get downed while I'm healing
>kill a tier 2 fighting off hellhounds
>sneak over and get buds up
>look out gate and get domed by lebel
>one picks me up as other pushes
>he kills black coat and dies to lebel
>i know lebel shitter is inside little shed
>rotate around and see the tiniest movement at edge of a window
>shoot where i think head is, nice splat noise follows
>other team had retreated across river to stanley
>shoot and kill one retard crouchwalking from behind a tree
>rotate and harass other two while my team pushes on them
>they kill both
>all is quiet
>I run back to kingsnake to loot while m8s loot at stanley
>they get ambushed and downed by last team that just showed up
>slowly make my way over
>stop behind a hill and listen to them
>peak out and two of them are looting same body
>shoot one in the head, other ducks behind rocks
>reload and run out
>dude peaks at me and I make the sickest flick headshot of my career
>just one left
>hear him sprinting my way, throw flash, it hits
>by the time i get around cover and find him he has sight again, I land a shot and narrowly dodge return fire. its a felis
>throw a frag and it misses, rotate and throw decoy fuse into a building, chase the fucker out
>run back and pick up a m8, we hear gun shot to north but then felis pops up behind us and kills m8 (blank decoys?)
>land martini hipfire, chase him down and finish it with officer
>both buds redskulled
>run off and solo assassin very slowly since I'm down 2 bars and fucker could back to back dagger me
>get bounty, scan is clean, make it back and get m8s
>map is ours, kill spider and leave bayou triumphant
it probably sounds like a normal mundane game but I pretty bad and normally get clubbed like a babby seal, and this time I got to do the clubbing, and boy it felt good.
>>
>>405793
If a 12-year-old has to remind you of the game mechanics of the game you willingly purchased "with your money," I'll go out on a limb and say that's significantly more embarrassing then criticizing how a person plays a game. You've got a big disconnect as to what is reality and what isn't, dude.

And what part of your point excludes me from criticizing how someone plays a game? The game is designed for PVP. You or whoever else not playing the game the way it is designed means you're missing out on much, if not all, of the components the developers implemented.

If you bought Hunt Showdown to solely avoid gunfights, you're actually an idiot. I'm not saying you shouldn't play the game nor am I saying you can't enjoy the game, but your level of enjoyment is significantly limited if you're purposely handicapping yourself that way.

Don't take criticism so personally. It's fucking 4chan.
>>
Do you guys play solo slow or fast? I like the idea of rushing ahead and setting a ton of traps at boss lairs, but I've had a relatively high amount of success lately messing about farming event points in the grey zone and ambushing duos while they're fighting the boss
>>
>>406017
I move as fast as I can while staying stealthy, meaning I set of as little AI as humanly possible. Basically what that translates to is a steady pace where I usually end up to the lair second, though I think I might slow it down more to third party more often.
>>
>>405890
>>405910
And? Welcome to high price guns not being optimal for anything just live with it and use it if you like it. I use the nitro even though i can get better value with slugs.
>>
I think the bow is a bit too good at the moment since basically any building insides are within your effective range and with pinpoint accuracy. I don't necessarily think you need to change the mechanics of it, just make it a large slot and it would be better.
>>
>>404906
I have personally went up a star when not getting a kill but extracting with a bounty 5 games in a row. Mmr is based on wins and kills.
>>
>>406017
Depends on loadout, mood, and time of day.
>>
>>405796
Come back when you actually play against good players that can aim with the bow. The bow is super strong and can stack bleed and poison.
>>
>>406158
whats the deal with bleed and poison, is it just a double status effect meme or can you not stop bleeding when poisoned
>>
>>406188
You can't use a medkit or syringe to stop bleeding while poisoned, you have to hold F.
>>
Playing solo is like being a professional cuckold;
you could, but why would you.
>>
>>405929
yeah im not reading any of that shit retard
cry about it
>>
>>406199
I disappoint myself enough, no need to force randoms to endure my shit too
>>
>>406188
you can stop the bleeding but you can not heal until poison is gone. So when the bow does 149 damage to you at 30 yards you are fucked.
>>
>>405668
we had this discussion last thread. if you aren't playing this MULTIPLAYER GAME to beat the other players then you are legitimately playing the game wrong.
>>
>>406228
Let me introduce you to "MMR", if you play a lot of random matches, you'll get paired with AND against equally miserable disappointments.
And if you aren't using the trooncord, you can still move to australia and play with the Beanie Weenie
>>
Dolch and Crown & King are scrub guns. Change my mind.
>>
>>406273
>rapes your bussy with crown and king slugs
>lazily hip fires your purty mouth with my dolch
Nothing personnel kiddo.
>>
why the fuck is the bornheim so bad
>>
>>406278
I said change my mind, not prove my point.
>>
>>406280
standard needs a price drop, match is in a good place. why is no one talking about how busted the officer is? needs the 74 damage nerf
>>
>>406228
what region u dissappointing from
>>
File: 1614867400369.jpg (57 KB, 612x612)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>406035
did you get any assists?
>>
>>406034
The bow should start to sway and drain stamina if drawn for too long.
The hundred hands trait should greatly reduce the sway but not the drain.
>>
>Just playing solo to go on a nice walk around the map looting and jumping any duos that don't notice you
The optimum way to play solo
>>
>>406394
you're playing the game wrong
you can't do that
>>
>>406406
I'm going on a comfy stroll and take the chance to plug a whiteshirt or two and you can't stop me.
>>
>>406413
stop it
>>
>>405925
don't think of it as peaking, friend. Just take that dopamine rush and savor it. Push for that next big rush. Hunt is like heroin but without your veins hardening
>>
I'm malding about the bow
I get a hitmarker with my crosshairs leveled at a dude's chest from 7 meters with the crossbow but the bow is a 1tap machine with a higher rof and better velocity. Even an arm hit with the crossbow should be killing at that range.
>>
fucking faggot trying to camp extract get out of my game https://streamable.com/2i48hj
>>
>>406337
oce :(
>>
>>406580
fucking STOP
>>
>>406413
i do a similar thing but i just use silenced guns and avoid everyone the entire match
>>
OCE chads rise up where we @?
>>
>>406549
did you see movement or was that a yolo shot
either way, get fucked extract camper
>>
>>406594
:^) beanie weenie
>>
>>406877
movemenr
>>
Is certain weapons or something that can shine like beacons or can that happen on the gold or sunset times?

I started a trio match and one of my teammates is already dead. I assumed a disconnect. The map is on sunset or gold. My other teammate and I decide to try anyway. We find the Butcher at the Brickworks, kill the Butcher, and start the banishing. I move out of the building to try to gather supplies and set traps. I see this really bright light coming from my right, like overwhelmingly bright. When I turn to look it looks like it is coming from the pistol of a hostile hunter. Then I see the same brightness from that looks like the belt buckle of the hunter right behind the first one.

I have never seen this before. The only thing I can think of was they had flashlights and they were on. I have seen some white shirts running around with their flashlights on. The only reason I don't go with this is because I think the first hunter was a Tier 3.
>>
>>407240
sure it wasnt the hunters torch?
>>
>>407245
I assumed it was Electric Lamps.

Like I mentioned I have seen people start matches with them on and trying to play with it left on the whole time. The only reason I wasn't sure was because the first hunter had a Tier 3 skin and I assumed someone that has played the game at least that long would not use one, let alone leave it on all the time.
>>
>>407248
you catch a glimpse of his mmr rating?
>>
>>407270
I think it was a 3 star with two 1 stars. Which would explain why they were walking in a line and all died on the same roof trying to revive each other. It was like watching a mama duck and her ducklings.
>>
>>407274
got a clip somewhere like that, shoot guy, wait for his friend to try res and shoot him too. 30 seconds later a duo comes to loot the bodies and thats how I got 4 kills in 2 minutes
>>
File: watch your head.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>
>>407299
kek. nice shot man
>>
dead game
>>
>got a cheap redshirt with levering, so decided to give the terminus a go for the first time
>follow a lone whiteshirt into the bushes after spying them leaving a compound
>creep up and start blasting, get a graze
>his buddy immediately pops out from behind a tree and they both start shooting pistols from point blank
>somehow they both miss every shot and even after another miss I down the first guy
>second guy charges at me with dusters, tags me for 75ish damage then gets blown away
>head to the boss lair, grab an unattended bounty and extract

I legit have no idea how I'm still alive after that shit, but the terminus is fun. Should I bother trying flechette ammo on it?
>>
>>407830
nah don't bother until you get penny shot.
>>
Winnie Swift? More like Winnie Shwifty
>>
File: keikaku doori.webm (2.95 MB, 1280x720)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>
>>407968
did the barrel kill both of you? lmao
>>
File: images.jpg (56 KB, 800x385)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>408088
yes, exactly as intended.
>>
>>407830
Flechettes are a good sidegrade to the Terminus, as are slugs, it’s just rough missing out on penetration with the former. It absolutely requires levering though.
>>
File: 1539087097640.jpg (89 KB, 407x652)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>Have best match
>Tomahawk a motherfucker
>Forget to save the clip
>>
>Just going compound to compound looting Heyaaahaayaa points and dollar sacks
>Gunfire at the Quarry hasn't stopped, banishing of both the Assassin and Butcher a single compound away from one another
>One of each bounty claimed by a solo
>Give it a minute, no one else has taken the bounty
>Dash like a motherfucker and yoink the pig bounty
>Followup with Assassin bounty, spot duo not too far away from me
>Run across the map to extract
The rat life is a good life
>>408346
I never noticed how the human head is also combined with the snake head in Serpent. The art for all the traits is stellar
>>
>Catch a Lance-Uppercut hunter off guard with a poison dart
>Chase her down and ended up next to a yellow barrel and into my own poison smoke (narrow interior)
>Hunter shot off two shots, one missed and one bodyshot, while I levered against her with a winnie
>Surprised to have won despite the odds against me
50 hours in, I've never seen anyone do much with the yellow and green barrels. Anyone had such fun encounters with barrels?
and before anyone asks why I ran into my own smoke without antipoison, I was just having a non-serious run with a free hunter
>>
cowards die https://streamable.com/gfmb1r
>>
>>408915
I'm a paranoid fucker. If both sides are already openly fighting each other I will waste ammo on barrels close to me so I don't get punked.
>>
Does anybody else have major problems with hits not counting? I love this game, especially the near perfect sound it has, but when I get hit 3 times by a pax fan at point blank and take no damage, and it takes 3 lance melees on the guy before one decides to actually deal damage, it just kills the immersion entirely.
>>
>>396101
that's not a bow
>>
>>400215
>swap to shotgun shell
>literally get so close to the enemy that I'm pushing them
>hit center upper chest
>doesn't die
never again
>>
>>405639
I get into plenty of firefights and been in enough to know sometimes its better to cut losses and run rather than stay and fight to the death, especially if you already have the bounty or can get the other one before the other team is finished banishing. You don't get shit if you kill 8 hunters then get killed by the 9th, it's plenty fun and sometimes I load up with sweaty loadout just to fuck around, but more often than not I focus on just the bounty and its a way more consistent way of making xp and money than killing enemy players.

I've maxed out like 20 hunters in the past 2 months following the guide I posted before and have enough money to run basically any loadout I want anytime. Probably going to prestige after the event and start it all over.
>>
>>409319
Why lie on the internet? You are not impressing anyone.
>>
>>409319
i had these moments anon.
start using shadowplay and just record bullshit moments like these and review them, you'll be surprised at the results.
>>
>>409319
never happened
>>
File: dual wield nerf pls.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
I'll take "things that get you salty steam messages" for 200, Alex.
>>
>>409807
did they change the rng of the bullet spread? It feels like dual pistols has been a lot more accurate lately
>>
>>409820
i don't think so, people are just becoming more aware of the fact that dual wield can be more accurate at range than it probably should be, given the ammo capacity and rate of fire. if they added crosshair bloom so you lose accuracy when firing quickly, i think they'd be in a perfect place. you could still crouch and fire methodically for surprising accuracy, and have spamdump for up close encounters.
>>
oh no. a normie coworker I've mentioned hunt to before asked me about it again today, verifying the name. he said dr disrespect and some other big name streamers are streaming hunt now. I hope the $20/40 entry barrier keeps the shitter hoards at bay...
>>
>>400429
With the perk the tomahawk becomes what the machete should have been, and it only takes one tool slot.
>>
>>410054
>game is dead/dying
>new blood wants in
>nooooooooo my special secret game
Game needs way more people and a larger community.
>>
>>410127
no. every hobby I've become involved in during the last two decades has become SIGNIFICANTLY worse after it gained any mainstream attention and the community grew. Niche hobbies/games with dedicated communities are the best environment.
>>
>>410127
It actually doesn't. Why do you think it needs more people? How would that make it better?
>>
>>409416
I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't strategically retreat and/or extract. The anon I "argued" with indicated he made a point to avoid fights all together.
>>
>>410156
no empty servers
match making doesnt take 5 minutes
US east is dead
>>
>>410188
us east is the first or second most populated server along with EU. you're full of shit and don't know what you're talking about. I dont remember ever going into an empty server. my queue times are less than 60 seconds no matter what time of day or night I play.
>>
>>410196
>get done with dinner 7pm eastern
>load up hunt
>plays duos
>2 minutes waiting for partner
>3 star 0.7 kda
>be me 4 star 1.18 kda
>whatever lets go
>wait for match making bar to fill up
>3 minutes
>go to first compound
>see other hunters
>aim shoot hit
>enemy instantly head shots me
>3 star 0.7 kda staring blankly at wall cant figure out what to do
>decides to stand in open and look for enemies
>head shot
>check teams after match
>only 4 teams
>team that killed me was a 6 star partnered with a 1 star
g-game isnt dead U-US east is full just like que more haha
>>
>>410231
vod or didn't happen
>>
>>410054
retard why dont you take the advantage to bond with them over vidya
>>
>Been playing with scoped/deadeye rifles for far too long
>Decide to switch to an unscoped Mosin Nagant since I hardly use it
>End up in a prolonged long ranged firefight against two trios using deadeyes and bows
>Spent 12 ammo and only managed to kill one
>End up getting carried by random crossbow teammates
At least I didn't bring a shotgun with me but god I wish I had a scope at the time.
>>
>>410146
If something's too niche, it'll have a slow decline unless trending Youtube memes revive it every now and then. If anything, Hunt still has a casual filter just because it lacks a deathmatch/automatic weapons, so that just makes it less likely to attract shitty vocal minorities or microinfluencers. God forbid, Crytek see a huge influx and decide to create Team Fortress 2-like legendaries.
>>
>>410159
That was me dummy. It's a good way to grind solo but obviously the way is going to be blocked by enemy players some of the time. I didn't mean that I never engage enemy players, but more so than when I started I find myself evaluating the situation and lean towards extracting rather than standing and fighting.

Read my post again because clearly you missed the point. I was simply pointing out the actual objective of the game vs fighting enemy hunters because some people get so caught up in it they will actively be losing money. Plus it's funny sometimes when people get so worked up that you won't let them shoot you with their poison sparks sniper. It's all about preference obviously. There's no wrong way to play the game.
>>
File: 1498527900150.jpg (68 KB, 500x437)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Fucking crazy match
>Random trio teammates
>Fight against 3 trio teams
>Kill a couple of hunters, one enemy just falls to his death at random
>Raid one last player in a house. Break window and we all threw one explosive in like a hivemind
>Steal bounty
>Map's quiet, we decide to make some noise and level up some of our guns
>Turns out there was a duo stalking us near extraction
>Kills guy next to me and double barrel rushes us
>We all manage to survive even that
Laughs were had. Will never 4get/10
>>
>It's another 'successfully lie in wait as a solo, wallbang one member of a duo, then get ketchup IQ and hatchet charge the remaining one behind a corner and then get shot while screaming like a monogoloid' round
I really need to stop falling back on the caveman brain when it comes to tying up an ambush
>>
>trio holed up in moses and talking soft shit over voip
>both of my team mates get downed and they're watching over the bodies
>they got the boss lair secured, not sure what to do
>banishing finishes and they don't pick up
>get an idea
>get into a little corner up against the building and serpent the bounty
>as soon as I do, they begin sprinting through building like crazy thinking I'm inside
>run over and necro friend
>wastes all my dark sight, but he throws a frag and actually gets a kill
>get other friend up while bud is healing
>we manage to molest all 3 of them
>kek heartily
>long ammo bois get between us and extraction and are trying their best to kill us without letting us get close
>I've got a sparks and friend had Mosin so we just shoot back and push on them
>chase them into seven sisters, fuck extracting
>we dance around the barns a bit and they retreat into the house on the hill
>they concertina all the entrances
>notice a gun barrel in one of the windows and just shoot the wall behind it
>boom headshot
>his partner tries to revive, gets banged to death by mosin
>mosin friend killed the 3rd during our initial push and I didnt notice
what a LEL game
>>
>>410801
Caveman would be better at ambushing prey and scoring a kill. That is how we all exist. You would be a failed caveman, a berry picker even.
>>
>>395989
Did they fix crosshairs for pc yet
>>
>>410844
whats there to fix
>>
>>410846
They're lowered
>>
>>410848
oh fuck off will you
>>
>>410844
Always been working correctly and as intended.
Stop being a newfag niggershitter and go back to your Fortnite, babby.
>>
>>410842
They really should add clubs into this. Or at the very least a thick branch.
>>
File: 5SnElKG.png (182 KB, 535x550)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>queue trios
>team is two 5 stars and a 3 star
>literally every team in every game has minimum one 6 star sometimes two
nice matchmaking system
>>
>>410842
Scoring the first kill is no problem, wrapping up the second member of a duo is the problem.
I'll become a real grug being, used to be that I couldn't get shit
>>
>>408915
>I've never seen anyone do much with the yellow and green barrels.

A problem with all of the barrels is the hunter has to be close to them. Yellow seems to only light stuff on fire and Green just releases bees. Red at least has the chance to instantly kill the hunter. At least Reds takes one shot to start the fuse and a second to detonate with regular ammo. This can give a hunter time to run. Some of the barrels are in odd spots. Like nobody would normally go near them, spots.

The most use I ever got out of barrels is combining them with traps. As I understand it, Alert Trip Mine will set off Red and Yellow. Concertina trip mines will set off Green.

I don't know if it would cause too many issues but, I would find them more useful if we could move the barrels. Thinkin about it, this would probably never happen because players would move all of them near the target to kill the bounty. They could also be piled up on top of the actual bounty or even a downed hunter as a trap.
>>
>>410146
>>410156
Outside of increased player base should reduce queue times, won't more players mean more money flowing in, which should mean more new content. Maybe if the player base increases enough the Contract tab will get actual use and there will be more contracts to choose from.
>>
I am still not sure what iron sights are centered on. Scops are easy, just put the crosshairs on the target. What I am not sure about, with iron sights, is do I put the top of the front sight on what I want to hit or is it just above the top of the front sight? The weapon takes up so much of the screen, iron sights, that I can easily lose sight of my target behind the weapon with longer range shots.
>>
>>411480
I've seen people use/shoot the flammable hanging lamps more in firefights, not to mention that most firefights rarely happen where those barrels are. I've witnessed some teams use them for taking out big leech guys though.
>>
>be low 4-star
>get smoked by coordinated teams and eat headshots constantly
>get dropped to 3-star
>everyone's a crouch walking retard and a free kill
Is the jump from 4 to 5 star this big? I like to think I should be a 4 star and I'm only weighed down by my friend I always play with.
>>
>>411488
The lamps are more frequent and is better spots. Therefore they get way more use. That is also why I will turn off the lamps inside the boss lairs or any building that I am fighting from.

Baiting Meatheads into barrels is a pretty standard approach. I had to use this tactic to complete a few of the challenges.
>>
>>411487
The top of the front sight
>>
>>411489
MMR goes up and down constantly, doesn't mean much anymore. I was 5 star yesterday and a few more bad games today and I'll be 3 star, easy games tho so idc.
>>
>>411487
as anon said the top of the front sight. 9 times out of 10 the rear sight is parallel with the tip of the front sight and so you can use the rear sight to help line up shots on moving targets, also git gud, gunlette
>>
File: _funs.png (839 KB, 1412x603)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
post em, rate em
>>
>>411662
I'm not a fan of the throwing axe as the only melee weapon, but the martini riposte is based.

>vetterli fmj, bayonet optional
>officer/conversion fmj
>medkit, knuckle knife, choke bomb, flare pistol
>strong vit, frag, flash or another vit, antidote
>>
>>411668
I know it's a bad idea but the only thing I really struggle with is dogs.
Vettereli FMJ is great, still waiting for Pax FMJ though. You don't have any issues with dogs and the knuckle knife? It can't 1tap to the head on dogs right?
>>
>>411728
Dogs are pretty rough if they all attack at once, but they can be taken down in 2 light attacks which knock them down for an easy follow-up. It's not so bad once you figure out the timing on punching them out of their lunge.
>Pax FMJ
I'd love to see this, but I'd also love to see a pax precision, and pax precision + FMJ might put the vetterli out of a job.
>>
>>411728
You should drop something and use a stamshot then.
>>
How do you play in Solos nowadays? I never have time to even loot a body before someone shoots something past my head. Just feels like everyone's playing so passively that to do anything else is to play into their hand. Too many people makes it too hard to be aggressive.
>>
>>411782
sink your mmr until. youre in the 2-3 star brackets and everyone plays like they have no idea whats going on
>>
>>411782
All about map awareness and paranoia. Best way to play is to stick to the shadows and wait for gunshots.
>>
>>411788
>>411793
So, passively?
I've given up on fighting bosses and doing clues entirely. I'm all about killing players because there's no way I could possibly survive doing a boss without milling the entire server. You just can't kill bosses faster than someone will find you, so why fight bosses?
And even then, people who haven't a clue are bound to be wandering headless around every corner and see every fight that happens. The map is too saturated with people. There's so many people that it's impossible to NOT be noticed and shot for starting a shootout. Only way to not have somebody come and try and kill you for having killed someone is if you killed the group as quietly as you'd kill PvE.
>>
>EU, an hour ago as of this post
>Duos, DeSalle
>Banish at Seven Sisters starts
>Mate & i banish Scrapbeak on Forked River
>No sounds
>Pick up Bounty
>1 Solo sitting North
>Mandingo with Bow & Axe
>Smoke him
>nobody else
>Seven Sisters team extracts
>Go on a cruise around DeSalle for Meatheads
>nobody is fucking coming
>1 Team fought Seven Sisters team, left a Dolch on the Floor
>After 50 minutes still nobody
>Extract
>Team Details: 2x Duos are missing
what the fuck eu?
>>
>>411746
I want Pax Carbine, bcs. there is no three slot weapon, other than Nitro, with multiple bullets in chamber that can run dumdum.
>>
>>411797
Passively until you're comfortable enough to run in the open. Most solo players use silent weapons and traits just to even the playing field against snipers and rats. If you're feeling lucky, bring the expensive shit just to one hit hunters. Dare I say bring a dolch
>>
Does Hunt have a shot of doing competitions / tournaments in the future?
>>
>>411822
I'd rather get a 2-slot pax since there is no 2-slot, medium ammo rifle with multiple shots. Dual pax is fun and all, but it's all RNG.
I think a full size pax carbine would step on the vetterli and centennial too much if it follows the same rules as the officer carbine of having improved fire rate, damage, and muzzle velocity.
>>
>>411848
in its current state no, the rng of the game wouldnt make for fair competition. if they made a competetice map that had the same boss spawn location plus extracts and a symmetrical/even map layout and with physical barriers requiring clues to unlock to stop people just making a mad dash to the boss lair. doing so would either make or break the game. in order to not divide the playerbase heavily maybe having a requirement of a lvl25 hunter to access the game mode would be a solution. not entirely for it but if they could somehow acheive it without breaking the games vision id be down.
>>
>>411922
competition map*
>>
File: unfortunate accident.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
I apologize to this duderino. I had no idea where he was and didn't see him at all, I just turned and panic shot when I didn't see anyone and his head happened to be where I aimed. I had no idea where he was and it actually took me a minute to find the body.
>>
>>411927
lol that guy definitely reported you after that one
>>
>>411936
if he spectated me he would have seen me potato all over this guy and dismissed any notion of cheating
>>
>>411946
Where did you get this footage of me playing?
>>
>>411946
him:
>misses 5m romero kill
>starts fucking running around
>swaps to fucking crossbow pistol and misses that too
>dies like a bitch
you:
>misses 5m headshot on fucking crouchwalking target with one of the best headclickers in the game
>can't track moving target for shit
>stays in ads even though hipfire would be better at that range
>spamming for dickshots instead of atleast aiming at upper torso

is this 2 star mmr?
>>
>>411946
Kek, if he was salty he'd suspect you of one hit cheating.
>>
>>411946
That crossbow miss hurts me in so many ways.
>>
>>411954
Not him but I can't shake off the habit of going for fast body shots instead of lining up headshots. I'm always so worried they'll kill me or aimpunch me in the extra time I take.
And I'm a 4 star
>>
>>411965
Same, but I use a double action crutch and for some reason the wide inaccuracy lands me more headshots from chest aims than from dual wielding free cadwell conversions.
>>
File: maSHITTY.webm (2.37 MB, 1280x720)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB WEBM
wow remind me to never use the fucking machete again what the fuck. I should've just used the dusters holy shit
>>
>>412002
Afro hitbox fix pls
>>
>>411954
Quickplay has it's own rules
>>
File: stealth.webm (2.99 MB, 1280x720)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
Feels good to sneak up on snipers
>>
>trios on Lawson
>spawn on Brickworks
>blasts from east direction
>run up to C&A
>blasts coming from after the river
>see 2 trios stroking each other's cocks
>one after the other they take each other out until last man standing
>our firing squad lines up, simultaneous blasts, last guy falls
>bodies literally lined up next to each other
That was fucking kino, one guy even had a Nitro with dumdums.
We ran up to Lawson shortly after and smoked a duo that was shitting themselves inside the building.
One of them concertina'd the entrances and his mate proceeded to run into them, we ended up just pushing into the building and rushing them down.
God knows what the solo was doing on this map, probably nutting to his vulture results.
>>
Light the Shadow is such a fucking jammer, why can i not find the piano score online?!
>>
>>412129
Hell, I'm still waiting for Dark Sight trailer's music to go up.
>>
>>411927
What might have happened is the audio is so good in this game that you just instinctively shot in the direction you heard the shot came from. I have done that a few times.
>>
File: 1380894255018.jpg (272 KB, 489x493)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>412189
They should add a blind themed legendary hunter into this just to be cheeky with all the bad reports they probably get
>>
File: aperture pewpew.webm (2.53 MB, 1280x720)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
there is a specific range where the aperture sight is pretty good
>>
>>412214
based
>>
>>412214
Winnie aperture is just a winnie marksman with a toggleable shittier sight picture and a larger mag. It's unironically a great weapon if you know you can press X any time to flip it down.
>>
>First compound as solo
>See cash register
>Get $1000
Later, nerds
>>
does anyone else prefer slower bullet velocity, even at a distance? i'm more comfortable without high velocity on a winnie, and i can land distance shots better with a martini than a sparks.
>>
>>412378
I've been using winfield, martini henry and vetterli almost exclusively lately but it's undeniable that long ammo lazers are easy mode in this game.
>>
>>412378
True ascension is realizing that learning to lead 400ms guns is ideal, you have the Winfields, Martini, Vettereli FMJ and slug shotguns all in that 390-410 ms velocity and can translate your aim easily between them
>>
Anyone have any footage of slugs working at distance? I haven't had the chance to use it yet and I'm curious to see how the performance is impacted by slugs.
>>
>>412390
Sure thing.
The C&K is obviously the king of slugs but excluding that the Rival is probably the best for use outside of its 1shot range since you have such a fast 2tap and excellent irons. The Terminus has great hip fire even with levering and slugs, it's probably my favorite and my go-to if I have perk points to spend on its supporting perks.
https://streamable.com/qa5sr8
https://streamable.com/nb64pu
>>
>>412396
>Terminus with Slugs and Levering
if my dick worked I'd have gotten an erection
I'll look into it
>>
>>398221
he killed him with the shotgun barrel you yankee fuck
>>
File: need it.jpg (64 KB, 1155x512)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>not even halfway to fifty laurels
I don't think I'm gonna make it bros...
>>
>>412390
There was a clip i think in one of the "Hunt Showdown WTF Moments" youtube videos where a guy legit slugs ppl on distance, but i couldn't find it ever again.
>>
>>412507
shit, is this an event skin? how much is it?
>>
>>412548
It is fifty prestiges.
>>
File: 1580211756538.jpg (50 KB, 564x753)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
my 1080 is dying. minimum settings I'm running 70fps and dipping into 40s while playing at 900p. o lord help this feeble hunter, I don't have $750 to shell out for a base 3060...
>>
>3 star trios with mates
>Banish scrapbeak at Darrow and hunker down on building on top of banish area
>Trio immediately starts wallbanging us
>Two of them pushes inside and gets blasted by us
>Last one is sitting upstairs in the barn connected to our building with Mosin Spitzer
>Extreme tunnel vision, would only watch the catwalk angle and wallbang us if we tried to loot his partners
>Can't push as the only ways to him is the catwalk and the ladder behind him
>Also can't wallbang him because he's pretty concealed in that barn
>Start throwing chokes to fuck with him and he would still sit in the choke
>Sneak out back and quietly climb up the iron roof of our building
>Peek over to the roof to see him still watching the same angle
>Shoot him in the torso with my nagant precision
>Doesn't notice my position and heals whilst crouched in the same spot
>Tap him in the head
That trio had most of the compound to freely move yet decided to sit in one spot even if we stopped moving over to that angle, maybe I should start clipping to show these 3 star antics
>>
File: 1080 Ti.jpg (146 KB, 854x869)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>412687
Same, maybe change the thermal paste/pads.
>>
File: 1622445108200.png (4 KB, 300x300)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>
>>412702
I find that a lot of 3 and even 4 star players don't know what to do when they're the last man standing in a trio so they just go potato brain and try to force a revive while being fired on or hold a single spot and hope the enemy team will just funnel in 1 at a time and get killed like morons
>>
>>412721
i mean, when you hear a team at a compound and there's supply point right outside there's a decent chance they'll swing by and be easy targets
>>
Are the servers down?
>>
>>412728
>camping supply points
based
>>
>Friend and I get through incredible gunfight over the bounty at healing waters
>Survived multiple teams, waltzing to extract at Cypress
>Get headshot by a motherfucker just beyond darksight range at extract
>Friend soon follows
All extract campers must hang
>>
>>412857
One of the reasons I end up just taking the long route away from the nearest extract.
>>
>>412998
It's my fault for letting my guard down and standing still, but it's still annoying
Good tactic, I'll have to keep that in mind
>>
What's the MO for solo queue just wait for people to kill the boss first?
>>
>>413106
Get Vulture, wait for massive gunshots and someone GTFO with the bounties, then go in and loot everything.
>>
>>413107
shit take
>>413106
go for every fight, learn to assess and make tactile decisions with who to shoot first and when. scoped weapons give you the advantage of accuracy at range. constantly rotate, keep your enemies guessing. Every kill you get brings the fighter closer to a 50/50. you'll need to be good at the game.
>>
>>413107
what do you even gain from playing like this though
>>
>>413123
Money, and the experience of being a scavenger animal
>>
>>413107
This is how a pussy plays.
>>
>>411922
I think spawns are the biggest RNG issue. If you keep them RNG, it's still RNG. If you enforce set spawns, you have an idea where people will be and how to cut them off or fight them outright.
>>
just picked this game up, it's fun but it feels impossible to do anything solo, i have no friends and randoms never use voice chat. where can i find people to play with?
>>
>>413304
unironically discord
>>
>>413304
Randoms regularly use voice chat. Make sure you change the settings in the options to ensure your output is through your headphones. I played for a long time thinking people weren't talking. Sometimes the game reverts the audio settings. I don't know if it's because of an update or if it's something on my end, but if I see the icon that my team is speaking but don't hear anything, I'll check the audio settings and change the output.
>>
File: Pathetic.jpg (37 KB, 498x539)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>somehow manage to kill Spider without being bothered while solo queued
>only person I saw was someone wandering into the area during the banish
>blast him
>peel the fuck out to the extraction nearby
>nobody bothers me at all
>>
>>413304
BLOODY WHAT REGION ANON fuck off texasnigger
>>
>>413496
i'm from brisbane, no need to yell
>>
File: 1522463852317.jpg (84 KB, 913x1024)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>it's another "outsnipe a mosin user with a nagant precision" episode
Why is the nagant precision so slept on?
>>
>>413549
>hes starting to google states
if youre actually from Aus then @BeretDog this arvy
>>
>>413609
Gotcha again, Beanie Weenie :^)
you said fuck off texasnigger, i'm not from texas, i'm just filling in for his job, so that's ok then.
also i actually have a friend in brisbane ^^
>>
>>413614
>friend from Brisbane
does he play hunt...?
>>
>>413621
No he doesn't unfortunately, he primarily plays roguelikes/roguelites.
>>
>>412744
steam has maintenance every tuesday anon
>>
>arrive at boss compound
>obvious signs that someone is there: clue is taken, boss is red, etc.
>opponent is hiding and completely silent
>Probably knows where I am but I don't know where he is

What's the best course of action here? Sweep the entire place and walk into a shotgun blast or get started on the boss and get killed while distracted?
>>
>>413674
Leave.
>>
>>413674
Good fucking question, apparently people that actually play the game - get punished by some prestige 54 bushcamping chinese who spent his entire match in some remote corner sitting very still and holding 1 angle.
>>
File: 20210922154144_1.png (205 KB, 377x408)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>395989
why do some skins blend in perfectly with mud
>>
>>413805

Thats racist
>>
>>413674
cut your pie slowly rotate around, peak from the left of cover, dont be a pussy
>>
>>413841
Damn it's like I'm in /r6g/ circa Dust Line

>SIMPLY OUTMANUEVER OR USE C4
>>
>>413674
join him camping. wait for another schmuck to show up and find himself in your same predicament. Maybe he'll start camping too lmao.
>>
>>413856
You can also just fish for wall bangs. Honestly, you should almost always carry some way to flush out campers. My preferred method is choke bombs.
>>
>>411662
the 3rd loadout is near identical to my favorite loadout. I take derringer instead of throwing axes, stam shot over 2x vit shot, and a flash instead of sticky. stam shot + bayo lets me dps bosses down at a reasonable speed, i'd rather have the flash for fucking people up more gooder
>>
Why are the water reflections so wonky in this game?
>>
>>413674
Leave detection range and keep a eye on the compound from outside.
>>
>>413674
Run in, kill the boss with a well toss sticky, cuck the other team out of the banish then wipe them out when they try to push
>>
>>413674
I've only seen this once but have you tried baiting him with "clumsy" sounds like a melee to a wall or lots of jumping just to see if he'll peek? Hell, I'd take even chatting bait stuff like "heal up" or "need ammo"
>>
>>413674
If you have voice chat, make like a cave man and scare the shit out of him
>>
Is the hit reg on players this bad or is it just me being shit?
>>
>>414337
The servers are dogshit and you never know who's a chink bugman playing on 500 ping
>>
>>414343
Even if I only have US West selected?
>>
>>413925
They're screenspace reflections. It's much much cheaper water than actually reflecting the light correctly, but I don't understand why they couldn't exclude the weapon model from the reflection, since that's the big glaring thing that breaks the illusion every time.
>>
>>414369
Maybe it's too much of a hassle to have the game constantly check if the weapon is over a reflection source or not, I dunno I'm not a programmer.
>>
Wow this race trial with the Hives in it is actually cancer.
>>
>>414464
If it's the Goddard Docks trial then use your throwables to get the ones on the top of the buildings and the last one on the other side of the fence so they won't fuck you over.
>>
>>414468
No it's the Alain and Sons Fish one.
>>
>>414471
Oh yeah, that one is awful. Only tip I really have is to not drop down and instead use the ladder or you will take damage. Good luck
>>
>It’s a “Random covers every door on one side of the building with concertina and bear traps” episode

Trap doors, sure, but leave at least one entrance at a different direction to flank from ffs
>>
>wellspring defender has 6 gorillion traps and early warning gadgets
>>
>>414348
You appear to be able to select any two servers that you want.
>>
>>414464
I ended up looking up "How to" videos for any of the trials that I didn't figure out the trick for after a few attempts. I don't have the patience, any more, for content that requires you to perfect the same content over and over while you push forward.
>>
STOP GIVING ME THE HAND CROSSBOW DURING QUICKPLAY GAME PLEASE
>>
So is the bow legit super strong or what?
>better ROF than the crossbow with comparable damage
>better sights than the crossbow
>retains oneshot potential at mid and close range
>alt ammos are all insanely useful/strong
>completely silent
>healthy ammo supply
>two slot so you can quartermaster it and bring whatever you want alongside it
>>
>>414705
yeah its pretty gud, though why do i see shitters running dual pistols with it? youre basically just asking yourself to get killed past 40m
>>
Not-Caleb legendary hunter when?
>>
God I wish, you can get the hat sometimes at least.
>>
>>412281
the aperture sight is also kind of a good way to train your eyes for when you're playing with a nitro
>>
Bros I just wanna fight people but I either never hear gunshots or by the time I get to where they were nobody is around.
>>
>>414710
I guess the idea is that they want to fight at the range the bow is most effective at, and if they can't land a shot with it they default to dualies to back them up.
Not bringing at least a Winny is bad
>>
>>414908
it seems to be a common theme amongst shitters in that they dont understand the concept of bringing weapons to cover a variety of ranges. dual pistols is also a sign of relying on rng due to lack of skill
>>
>Friend and I successfully defend Scrabbeak bounty at Lumber
>Notice another bounty is left half-untouched and no one has claimed it
>Collect bounty, realize the map is empty
>Go on a nice tour of the bayou
Comfy
>>
>>414710
duals are op and meta at this point.
>>
>>414963
dual accuracy needs to be nerfed, same with the officer ($100 and 74 damage)
>>
>>414916
Luck is also a skill
>>
>>414705
I'm still mad about the solo game I had where I killed six people and nearly wiped the server, pushed on the last shitter camping between me and extract, tagged him twice and he one tapped me in the chest from 26m with a bow. its not supposed to be a fucking silenced nitro what the fuck
>>
>>414929
>Team with random
>banish first bounty
>discuss if we want to do the full circuit we both think server is empty since no noise and no one contested us
>hear distant shot and explosion
>decide to leave since we have had long losing streaks
>extract still no one
>check teams after
>server was empty
Spooky
>>
>>414981
>He got one of the secret bot-player testservers
A..Anon
>>
File: 1617080845337.jpg (54 KB, 802x960)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>414971
>>414963
You have fucking terrible opinions.
>>
>>415019
>t.dual shitter
>>
>get downed 5 times in a round
>get 5 deaths added to kd
>get 6 kills over 3 people
>thats only 3 kills
Fuck man
>>
nerf or rework flash grenades
add smoke grenades
add lure/bait consumable to move npcs around or encourage to attack enemies
>>
Fuck immolators.
>>
>47/48 on Bayou
>47/48 on Lawson
>Last 2 are Alain's Nigger & Nigger and Niggard Nigs
I fucking hate this niggershit dual wielding cuck faggotry.
Shitters can play dual cuck all they want just keep this niggershit away from nigger trials you niggertek niggers.
>>
>>415398
KWAB nothing more pathetic than achievement hunters
>>
File: 1624484405146.png (1.16 MB, 1292x712)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>415424
nothing more pathetic than a redditnewfag telling other people playing the game is bad.
leave the thread you fucking embarassment and keep seething because i just did it.
>>
File: assfaggot ping abuser.png (834 KB, 1234x721)
834 KB
834 KB PNG
2 shots in 0.0s I guess.
In the time it took for me to shotbolt him at 2 meters he was able to fire twice
>>
File: pinglord nigger.png (223 KB, 1105x278)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>415498
need dedicated servers, fuck cryjew screwing me out of my kills

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.