[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pie3.png (2.31 MB, 1920x1080)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
Pie edition.

>Pirate link ( 1.15.5 ): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OoRUyiawFv2ENRtS0MY46Uh-8PPYAxl0/view
To install mods, go to %appdata% then Vintage Story Data, open the mod folder, drag and drop the contents to the mod folder in the Vintage Story Data folder. (Also watch out for any modlist updates.)

/vm/ SERVER:
>IP: 172.107.179.150:28000
>Modlist: https://mega.nz/folder/25x0waTb#YMr8BySneEVHUc1ecpus2w
>Since the last thread ( >>387717 )
The prospect of a southern utopia is becoming more and more feasible with each passing TL in the network. At the time of writing this, the greater community have discovered 3 stations which all converge at a singular point 14,000 blocks south. Towns and infrastructure are becoming more established and prevalent as more and more scheduled events and trades occur. Earlier today, some 10 players participated in a dodgerock tournament within spawntown, competing for bets and their towns' pride. Tunnels interlinking towns and TLs up to 5,000blocks have been finished up, rendering travel alot less perilous. The prospect of obtaining steel has become alot less daunting, while players within settlements steadily build up an abundance of resources as they compete with one another and snow finally thaws. A few mods such as XSkills have been added in due to popular request, and an influx of new players are finding their footing within the server.

FRENZONE:
>IP: 23.227.200.202:33501
>Modlist https://mega.nz/file/ABYnxSyC#SPVmUs_xUl1zNpXAi7-SPIP2hW6gwQBAX319nZLFEME

>I'm new, what server should I join?
Simple. Try both, and see which one you like. I can't really tell you anything other than the absolute knowns; that Frenzone has more mods, and that /vm/'s has more traffic. Take any other information you hear with a grain of salt, or outright ignore it. Both run on the same version, and both are pirate-compatible at the moment.

What's your favourite food in the game, anon?
>>
File: vwkqr8tcx2v01.png (17 KB, 360x624)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>395076
Also, if any Frenzone anons want to give a run-down on the server happenings like I've done for /vm/'s or update its info, please go ahead. First to say - keep the thread civil. Keep it to comfy screenshots and stuff within the servers.
>>
>>395078
>Frenzone anons want to give a run-down on the server happenings
Currently winter is approaching and a caveman cooked a shitload of food to get us through.
Plenty of nearby land for the taking, with two stations that split both north and south.
We've gently entered the steel age.
Finally have beehives but winter stopped production.
The central church near spawn is starting to actually take shape instead of being a glorified hovel too.

Overall a smaller community working together with considerable room to grow. 1-4 on average, seen 5 on peak.
>>
>>395101
Thanks. Wish you could update OP posts.
>>
>>395101
Couldn't have summed it up better myself. Khazar left due to irl stuff, but should be back on at some point. I want to organize a coon wrangling game in the spirit of dodge rock. Sort of like soccer, but with a raccoon as the ball that you chase into chiseled "nets". Maybe once Tyron figures out rope physics we can try that out. Would be fun to organize cheeky server games like that amongst both groups.

That, and connection wise the server has been great. Still no lag/disconnects/rollbacks. I am really happy with PP.

Also, I'm having issues taking screenshots. When I hit ctrl+print screen it takes a screen shot, but it will be of one at a completely different angle than where my camera is facing. For example, if I'm looking straight ahead, it will take a picture facing to the upper right hand side or something like that. Anyone have this issue before? Makes taking screenshots a real hassle.

I appreciate OP putting FrenZone info in the post too.
>>
>>395157
this is a certified soul post.
>>
>>395157
I have that screenshot issue too, just have to do it twice.
>>
>>395076
Rimtown won the dodge rock with csam and dove. The church services were fun would like more of those. Also curious what frienzone and vintstory will do with the techrabbit drama and the trannies deleting the prim survival since it could crash the servers if removed but might crash it next major update. My advice would be to make a backup and test if the world runs when it is deleted. Maybe remove all of the fishing lines, traps, molds, pelts, etc and delete it before it causes problems? Or hold out for a new dev if it becomes open source. Anyways cursed game.
>>
>>395237
i would remove it asap, not worth hanging on to a mod with an unstable dev
>>
>>395237
FrenZone had primitive survival removed before it's new world file. Barm had mentioned memory leaks or mod issues attached with Primitive survival. That, and one of the people running linux was having issues with it too. So that was one of the things that got "fixed" or changed with this current file. Funnily enough server side none of our mods seem to be linked with any of those individuals as far as I'm aware? Maybe medieval expansion is? Haven't followed much of it, or have any idea who the mod authors were from that whole server.
>>
>>395239
Med expansion is. And is another one that can crash if you remove it but I think the devs are staying on. Techrabbit drama was so funny. Cannot wait for the aura fury meltdown.
>>
>>395078
We also found 2 halite sources and Ewes/Cows are starting to provide milk, so Cheese is in the works. I found a new TL so needing a Clockmaker and also, searching for Cipress and Redwood, got 50 liters worth of blue dye, so now needing a Tailor. Luxury merchant is far south, but I guess we could try to set a path or find a TL so our Peridot gets some Gears out of it.

>Pic related
My mood.

>>395237
ProspectInfo got deleted (author: Capsup), who is also related to TR. I think that the Expanded Food guy was mad because both as modder and player he lost content for the game (he had stuff related to primitive in exp food). Sad day I guess? Wonder if someone else will take the code or just create an equivalent.

New patch when? I keep seeing a lot of localization (in English) errors/missing block names. And the distiller/churn are still unused. Even coke and all the endgame metal is unused still. I kind of not want a new patch tho due to piratebros possibly losing the capabiity to play the game.
>>
>>395076
Reposting last thread meme
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 170x47)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
*ahem*
get fucked trannies, dilate your axe wound and join the 48%
>>
>>395302
>ProspectInfo got deleted
I hope someone maintains this, don't give a fuck about the shitty content mods but this one is so insanely useful I don't want to play without it.
>>
>>395310
Couldn't describe it better
What I suggest is to stay the fuck away from that rabbit fucker and his server the left one
Int is literally better than joining that "guy"

If you are new and reading this either choose dove's server or solaire's server don't go to the others in that pic
Keep on the right path
>>
>>395076
how many people on the fren server have high functioning autism?
>>
File: where it all started.jpg (18 KB, 526x204)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>395320
>>395323
It's not only this, capsup was supporting vsmodtemplate and he deleted it too and stopped supporting anyone who use it, which was supporting a lot of modders.
>>
>>395358
what an absolute faggot
>>
>>395351
Anon, I....
>>
>>395360
>>395358
>>395342
>>395310
How do you think the main vs discord community/ Tyron is going to cope with the fact that their longest-running and one of the more popular servers is inhabited by 4chan spergs?
>>
>>395363
as long as people don't start advertising/bragging about it there nobody will care
>>
File: TroutTime.jpg (315 KB, 1280x720)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
Piscifaciphobia:
The fear of getting slapped in the face with a fish.

btw don't post this on discord insta ban you have been warned.
>>
>>395363
Frankly? I would hope no one would advertise either server on the discord, or anywhere else besides here.. Even with the drama stuff I think we all would prefer to play with other anons. Even though myself, and i'm sure others are in the VS discord. I only use it to ask questions to mod authors, or deal with server questions.

For example, I recently spoke to Xandu from xskills about steel bits forming blister steel ingots, and steel plates not having the quality trait from the blacksmith perk in metal processing. He said the plates were actually a bug he plans on fixing so steel plate mail armor won't be locked to (bad) or (common) quality even with epic tier steel chain parts.

The steel bits part was about how one even forms the ingots. It's like forming a chest with planks. You need 3 bits per slot instead of 1 plank for chests around the crafting grid. These can be blister bits. Steel bits. Even Stainless steel bits. So for the blacksmiths of either server good info to know.
>>
>>395385
Completely agree.
>>
Ryu, come on now if you want a tp
>>
I'm considering starting to play this game, maybe spend few hours in single player learning the basics but I want to get into /vm/ server in the future.
Any tips for a newfag on vint?
>>
>>395477
first tip
if you wanna go to vint don't talk here
second tip
start playing in multiplayer singleplayer is a waste of time you can learn everything there and also be a part of expenditions/explorations
third tip
don't freeze to death and don't starve to death
fourth tip
movement differs from MC so you can really easily fall down and die if you are not careful
>>
>>395477
Pressing esc, and utilizing the survival guide is a must. It shows recipes for crafting as well as catalogs all items in game so it's a reference you'll use pretty much the whole time you play the game. It also has a few guides on aspects to the game.

Collect cat tails if you're playing solo. Reeds you find near the water with a knife knapped from stone. You can craft baskets to increase your inventory space.

Beware of rams, and wolves. They are tougher when you are first starting than you may realize. Utilize water to slowdown charging enemies, and take advantage of the reach of a stone spear in combat to avoid getting hit. Make about 2-3 spears for hunting at a time.

A bed can be crafted from grass harvested from the ground with a knife. This is helpful for sleeping through night.

Watch for giant holes/mine shafts that drop down abruptly. These can kill classes that are not to hardy.

Utilize "m" to see a map. Get used to marking things you find on the map like interesting caves. Traders in caravans, ore deposits, etc.

Make a wooden pan to sift through sand for metal by using a knife next to a log from a tree in the crafting menu. You have to be standing in water to sift through sand, but it's a slow/safe way of getting your first metal bits for ingots.

Don't be worried about joining a server. Both communities are friendly towards newcomers, and are active at different times. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

That's pretty much everything. I was afk, and missed someone that hopped on earlier. Was waiting for metal to smelt. Not sure if that was you. If you ever want to see who is online just type in ".online" in chat by pressing "t" to open the chat menu.
>>
Crash?
>>
>>395505
restart methinks
>>
>make knife, axe and a spear
>make 4 baskets + 2 cattail chests
>plenty of berries, secure shelter in some kinda abandoned tomb, comfy hay bed and fireplace

so uh, what do I do now
>>
>>395522
You search for copper surface deposits, get the surface nuggets, note the deposits on your map, and then you make a pickaxe and a hammer to get and use the delicious copper that was under the nuggets. After that you can probably go for a copper anvil to forge more complex items, like a saw, to unlock non crappy wook items, like a proper door, or chests.
>>
>>395522
find some sand, get a bunch of it and start panning in a river for copper
use that copper after melting it in a crucible for making a pickaxe, then continue progressing from there
>>
>>395525
>wook
meant wood.
>>
>>395522
scout landscape for chunks of metal and mark them on the map (they indicate underground repos), make a first pickaxe or saw. with a saw you get cheap storage.
also make charcoal, and find clay and do a little pottery. then start really worrying about food supply.
>>
>>395522
nothing
you win at grug life
return to cave
>>
>>395477
water is your friend
singleplayer is better
>>
>>395532
Reject modernity, embrace grug.
>>395576
This is a certified sad post.
>>
>>395577
while you are baking pies, i studied the chisel
while you are calling eachother trannies, i build castles
while you are screeching at server owners in the thread i click two buttons to let my friends hop on
take the csrpill
>>
>>395526
how do I reach over 1000c to melt down copper? firepit only goes up to 700c
>>
>>395600
you need coal/charcoal for it
firewood only goes up to 700c
>>
>>395600
You need to make charcoal or find coal in cracked jars. You won't get the needed temps just by using firewood.
>>
>>395605
>>395606
ah, alright. charcoal pit looks interesting, I'll do that
>>
File: Anti-drifterAction.png (2.49 MB, 1920x1017)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB PNG
>>
>>395505
>>395506
I pray for you that this is not what happened to frenzone 2. If you didn't get a rollback it's a restart probably
>>
>>395383
This is a certified trout post.
>>
Sorry for suddenly leaving Thorn, if you want to change or move the quern/ anything in the kitchen, go ahead
>>
File: Bell incident.png (1.13 MB, 1920x1080)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>395076
I'm here to confess my admin sins. I started the first public peaceful server some months ago, we had a good group of adventures but it boiled into a bitching fest & I had to close it down without warning.

I thought minecraft servers were annoying to host with all the kids but holy shit the 'older' community in this game was so bitchy and needy.

>Anon i went 30000000 blocks south, why isn't there a teleporter!@??!?
>Anon i didn't see you post advertisements today, are you even trying to get players ?
>Anon this mod updated i WANT IT NOW
>Anon im not going to build shit for the community but could you build all the starting zones & rp locations less shitty next time?
>Anon Sakura_Fuckboy used foul language, and built a house within eye sight of mine without permission!?!?!?! WHere is the JusTic3e ?
>Anon i farmed 5000 animals and im getting LAG NEAR MY HOUSE!?!?
>Aura fury has blank starting kit why dont we have blank. I had to make a spear with my own two hands.
>Anon how dare you do server restarts for 5 minutes at 4 in the morning and only give 5 warnings, i got trapped in a cave!?!?!?!

>And do any of these fucks donate money ? Fuck no.

Breaking point was having a old man who played like 18 hours a day cuss me out at 3 in the morning because a weird bell monster spawned in a cave and spooked him.

Anyways sorry, lots of people lost work including me and i feel bad.

I just wanted to roleplay camping bro's.
>>
>>395761
Why did you make your server public anon?
>>
>>395761
No one's holding a gun at your head to host a server, solaire. If you feel unwelcome in this community, then leave. The worst that'll come out of it is you not having to shill out $20 each month. And if you feel otherwise, then just go outside and take a step back. This isn't real life. Also, if you really take anything Carrot says seriously, I don't know what to tell you.
Also the thread's been astonishingly comfy so far. Please god don't let this devolve into anything....
>>
>>395782
That wasn't me man. I haven't had any old man cuss at me at 3am. If so i'd just ban him epic style like scar lol. In all seriousness i'm feeling good. FrenZone is doing well. Future looks bright me thinks. I think people are confused by some other people who they think sound like me or are me, and they are not my fren.

I am. Moisturized. Rested. Flourishing. In my lane. Hydrated. At peace. And glowing. I hope everyone is the same.
>>
>>395793
Who is that then? Mald? Pretty sure he made a point to never take donations iirc.
>>
>>395800
I assume so? I never was on Mald's server or know much about him or his situation.
>>395761
Also in the post anon mentions the server came out months ago. Frenzone 1 was only out last month. Not "Months ago" like what was said. So definitetly not me by that fact alone.

Even after all the drama I feel fine being here. The frens on my server are good people. And I plan on hosting for as long as the game is a thing. Had a bumpy start, but that seems mild in light of some of the other stuff that I've heard about recently.
>>
>>395761
>because a weird bell monster spawned in a cave and spooked him
grug knows that feel
screaming bell made grug shit loincloth
>>
>>395807
Yeah, but you got him good with 40+ flint arrows. It's always a funny "OH NO" moment when a new player types in chat "What is this weird bell thing??".
>>
>>395761
unfortunately the type of person that plays this game is most likely going to be highly autistic so public servers are always going to be a shitshow.
>>
>>395800
that ain't me. my situation was pretty clear and open to the rest of the community: Dove dropped the ball and made dumb decisions and left me with the mess to clean up. Game being a shithouse security-wise was the nail in the coffin.
>>
File: Wasting my life-min.png (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>395782
I love this game and a part of the community. I just think there are some old grumps on the official forums

>>395814
I hated the application process on some of the bigger servers which is why i made it public...i understand now.

>>395807
Which is why i made a peaceful server lol Im a grown ass adult but its too spooky for me.
This was advertised on the official forums, not here. Probably going to try and find somewhere else to play soon as im craving to come back, especially after the last update....but those monsters still be spooky.
>>
>can't make an iron spear
for what fucking purpose
>>
>>395076
if i pirate this and buy it later is it straightforward to transfer the save?
>>
>>395800
>>395804
>>395824
>>395831
Huh weird, must've really been some server from some bygone era. Sorry solaire, didn't mean to accuse you or start anything.
>>
>>396020
no, but you can just stash items and hop over to legit account, and admin can give you xskills back.
>>
>>396026
oh
is there some kind of player progress and inventory tracked like in or terraria or ark?
>>
I just got the smelter skill and it says reduces units needed to fill ingots by 10% but I still need 100 to fill one
>>396027
some servers has the skills mod that lets you level up and add skill points
>>
>>396020
it is a 100% but only if you pick an unused player name and then pick that name when you buy it, right? maybe someone can confirm that ID's are name based and there isn't a "secret ID" that would disrupt the process as I described it.

otherwise you have to unclaim your lands (if you used the area protection system), put in into a chest/basket, and ask the admin to restore your xskills (xp-introducing mod) levels. then walk to your base and use a timegear again if you had previously used a timegear to move your spawn to your base, admin could do this for you as well.

in conclusion pretty straightforward.
>>
>>396022
It's okay fren.

>>396029
Smelter does not work with ingot molds. Only tool molds. Rationale behind that I assume is it'd make smithing even more OP than it already is. Wpuld not reccommend choosing smelter perk at all, and just save your perk points for blacksmith, master smith, and the perk that improves auto smithing. Duplicate, and the perk that auto finishes an item after those.
>>
>>395076
so I'm trying out the game and it's running horribly on my laptop. I think I should get a new one.
What's a good gaming laptop?
>>
>>396103
>gaming
>laptop
idiot
>>
>>396105
i'm gonna cry and shit myself
>>
File: 1619946047408.png (2.23 MB, 1920x1040)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>
>>396138
Boym! He's still here!
>>
>>396138
why is your resolution 1040
>>
>>396158
Why are you white?
>>
dove, when are we going to vote for mods?
I need basedmilk mod!
>>
>>396165
sex mods
>>
File: soufdiagram2.png (227 KB, 1000x1400)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
Probably going to update this every 5 TLs found or so. Some of the regions are unamed, so if any anons here have any decent suggestions, I'll add em in. New station names would also be appreciated. If you can't read my writing, I'll write out the coords here:

St.Scalar: -180, 564

St.Scalar: -7721, 7925
St. Cumdump: -7475 7664

St.Cumdump: -5305 9955
St. Rawr XD: -5304 9645

St.Rawr XD: 2285 14471
St. Saville: 2199 14866

St. Saville: -4515 18845
St. Whitesnake: -4602 18729

St. Whitesnake: -6360 20960
>>
>>396103
depends on a few things; will you travel with it? lightweight or sturdy build quality? what size screen?
after that it's minmax CPU/GPU vs. price, and some minimums like 512GB storage and 16GB ram. 8 core/16 thread recommended, won't run out in another 5-10 years so that build quality becomes relevant.
>>
>>396022
maybe the int server? who knows man
>>
>>396103
get a PC kid
>>
File: 1598500044451.png (32 KB, 187x285)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>396172
>>
Are there any mods to improve ore generation? I want veins instead of these weird discs
>>
File: tradeexpedition.png (1.59 MB, 2685x1511)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
Once winter is finished, and the temperature increases FrenZone will be under taking a "Trade Expedition". The plan is to take the peridot/gems that have been mined and sell them to traders as well as get rid of some everyone's excess gears for items they want. Saving of gears for the trip, and collecting common tradeable items are encouraged.

The secondary purpose is to outline a network of traders for players to utilize that can be referenced with the type of trader, coordinates, etc. Two new players Locutus, and deso have joined recently. If you hop in FrenZone as a new player my advice is the following.

>Head down the stone path to Fren Church we have beds for sleeping and have spare chests to set up your inventory until it warms up a bit so you can do your own thing
>We have steel, and spare tools so you don't have to start from the stone age.
>Resident hunter and cook Grug makes a mean stew in the kitchen. We have plenty of spare food and cellar ice to keep things fresh/feed frens.
>Multiple fire braziers going for staying warm in the winter time. Enough wood to easily last all winter.

Stay warm, and comfy frens.
>>
File: hmmmm.png (1.98 MB, 2300x1295)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
Truly blessed.
>>
Vintage Story a great game. A TerraFirmaCraft clone done right. It replaced Minecraft for me because I mostly played TFC anyway. Incredibly comfy and spooky at times.
>>
How do i know when my charcoal pit is done making charcoal? does it stop smoking? does the size of the pit increase the burn time required?
>>
>>396510
Takes about 24 hours no matter how big it is, but yes when you stop seeing smoke particles it should be done.

Glass also works as a valid block if you ever want a viewport into seeing if its done or not
>>
>>396514
Thanks anon, i just started yesterday so i dont think im going to be at glass for a while but i hope to be out of a mud hut kind of soonish
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 144x143)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>396516
You'd be surprised how fast you can get class, if you find quartz chunks on the surface rarely you can get a "clear quartz" which turns immediately into a kind of foggy glass pane. Though you'll have to smelt them for a clearer glass.
>>
File: file.jpg (599 KB, 2002x1130)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
lord taketh grug's chisel autism away from grug so that grug may be able to rest
>>
>>396524
This is a certified grug post.
>>
>>396370
This is a certified blessed post.
>>
>>396627
>>396628
And this? This is a certified soul post.
>>
https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Mobs
are there any enemies other than these? seems kind of pointless to have intricate weapon crafting if there are only 8 types of mobs.
>>
>>396742
That's literally it
>>
>>396742
there's a bell enemy that spawns more locusts, and the drifters/locusts have stronger versions
but that's it
the weapon crafting isn't exactly intricate either, all you can make is a generic sword/bow/spear
>>
>>396742
keep in mind the game is still unfinished
>>
>>396745
yeah, it looks like bossfights are at least on the roadmap: https://www.vintagestory.at/roadmap.html/
I wonder if theyll actually add them though if they only made 8 mobs so far in 5 years of development
>>
>>396742
The wiki is like 4 versions behind its weird, theres a couple of other mobs but for the most part you fight those retards for 99% of the game
>>
>>396752
Seeing how Tyron changes stuff so often or how annoying is to get the info/images/work with their templates, I just didn't want to continue. If someone is willing to edit it, I can hop in, but won't do it alone.
>>
File: 2021-08-31_19-42-07.png (3.09 MB, 1920x1080)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB PNG
This may be the best thing ever made in vs history
>>
I jumped on to the /vm/ server for a little while last night/early this morning. The town looked comfy. It was nighttime and a nice anon saved me from drifters while exploring it by telling me to log out for a second so he could sleep and make it daytime. Thanks for that. I dug out a hovel in a hillside to put a bed in and look forward to returning later. thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>396840
As an amateur chiseler I can really appreciate the work it took for the ring around it. Good stuff.
>>
>>396840
(As a jizzler)
Pretty good
A bit of white and red wouldn't hurt anyone so it can get better
>>
File: here.png (2.02 MB, 2301x1292)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
Where the wild Frens live.
>>
>Frenzone is completely unclaimed, unprotected
>tons of resources right at spawn
Half a mind to hop on when it's quiet and grief. What kind of retard doesn't claim their shit.
>>
>>397010
Are you black, Mal?
>>
>>397010
You could, but then I'd make a group and have everyone that works towards Fren Church a part of the claim. Then I'd just restore the damage in creative mode. Then I'd look at the server log on the one odd person out at a weird time, and just ban you so you couldn't do it again.

Way better of being frenly, fren.
>>
File: 2021-09-01_01-45-40.png (860 KB, 1310x1008)
860 KB
860 KB PNG
ah yes...
>>
30k. Souf is close, lads.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA TC WHERE IS THE LAST TL
>>
>>397070
zzzzzzz
>>
>>397015
Cope
>>
>>397078
I'm sorry you got yelled at by some autistic old man at 3am, and had a mental breakdown over it. >>395761

I had nothing to do with your server, and I don't care about whatever happened. Fren Church is claimed so I guess have fun trying to grief a public server instead? You do you. I'm going to have fun with my frens.
>>
>>397087
god imagine the moistness of that solaireussy.
>>
>>397010
Black hands typed this
>>
>>397087
Solaire looking submissive and rapeable today.
>>
File: 2021-08-08_21-32-22.png (3.46 MB, 1920x1080)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB PNG
test
>>
File: 2021-08-02_18-09-00.png (1.7 MB, 1920x1080)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>397400
aw sweet i can post pitcures again!
>>
File: sunrise.jpg (666 KB, 2560x1361)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
Sunrise over Exilion farms.
>>
File: 2021-05-22_13-00-26.png (3.17 MB, 1920x1080)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
I wanna play again, but I don't want to deal with food or building a house anymore. I just wanna chisel stuff. Anyone wanna hook homie up? Also, I have to deal with classes this semester so I have less time to play now. :(
>>
>>397660
come home to exilion in vm, we got enough food and stuff for you to chisel all around place as much as you want.
If you want, login right now and I will set you up.
>>
File: 2021-09-01_21-19-15.png (1.47 MB, 1920x1017)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
heeennllo frenss! posting from christmas on ded srbr
>>
File: 2021-09-01_19-44-34.png (3.5 MB, 1920x1080)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
>>397712
>>
File: 2021-09-01_19-44-55.png (2.9 MB, 1920x1080)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB PNG
>>
File: 2021-09-01_19-41-19.png (1.79 MB, 1920x1080)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>
File: 2021-09-01_19-51-28.png (2.12 MB, 1920x1080)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>
File: file.jpg (596 KB, 2005x1161)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
Today on "Cooking with Grug"
Hunt too much? Tribe can't eat all the redmeat?
Redmeat spoiling? Grug say it fine.

Just put redmeat into pie. Even at 90% spoil it comes out fresh, only calculating the dough's freshness into the final value.
Now red meat last another 8 moons when stored!
>>
Posting this tip in case it helps anyone down the road.

>Adding a pirated player to a claim

Normally you can't add a player using a pirated version of the game to a claim through their ID. ID's are chosen by the pirated person as well as in game names. If you have access to the playerdata.json you can see what ID the individual used for the "account" as well as their in game name. (God forbid you have impersonators trying to come off as someone else that's an easy way to confirm if they are legit or not).

When trying to add a pirated person to a claim the game will only come back with a "This player does not exist" even when the player in fact does exist in game. To work around this you can add the "unauthorized" player to a "group", then add that group to a claim allowing the person with the pirated version of VS to access a protected claim. Using this method grants privileges to players without a legit copy of Vintage Story.
>>
>>397660
Come on again Gravy, we miss you.
>>
>>397842
seems like useful info if i ever want to give someone access to my cob mudhut with no doors
>>
>>397914
>cob mudhut
HOT, post pics of your lustful buildings
>>
File: blacksmithin.png (804 KB, 1920x1080)
804 KB
804 KB PNG
rate my little blacksmithing corner
>>
File: mudhut.png (1.62 MB, 1337x771)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>397939
behold the pinnacle of soil based housing solutions
>>
>>397994
it's beautiful...
>>
Wish you could make wattle and daub houses as an alternative to plaster. You could place wattle fences, and then add some daub made with dirt, water, and hay to the fences and create a wattle daub wall. Then you can take limewater and whitewash it.
>>
there desperately needs to be a mod to fix how retarded making quicklime is
>>
>>397941
Cute. Lots of room for improvement though! I expect weekly progress reports!
>>
>>397914
Frens that play together, stay together. Nothing wrong with a mudhut.
>>
>>397994
bro he got that green top
>>
File: kitchen.png (1.86 MB, 1920x1017)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>>
didn't know about this game before opening this thread. can someone shill me on this
>>
>>398200
survival blockism game with lovecraft elements, nice voxel sculpting, comfy atmosphere be it solo or multi, smithing, farming and exploration.
Author made vintagecraft based on terrafirmacraft (i was always confused about history of it, correct me if I'm wrong) and later started writing from scratch his own game, early access but very polished so far. It lacks in some aspects like not enough mobs or lacking combat but so far it is immensely comfy.
>>
Friendly reminder that this community is a BIBOC, trans and wymxn inclusive safe space!!! We strongly uphold the values of intersectional feminism and the BLM mostly-peaceful civil rights movement, all while fighting for lgbtqia+ / trans humxn necessities. Any [wh*te] person caught spewing alt-right/ facist rhetoric, not respecting womxn, or critiquing our all-BINOC moderator team lead by TechRabbit will promptly be downvoted and banned without warning. Also, anyone who refuses to get the vaccine and/ or refuse to wear a mask will be immediately excommunicated. Remember that you're heckin VALID, and that freedom of speech DOES NOT equal freedom of consequence nya~ ^w^
>>
>>398278
grug say club in loincloth makes you hunter
no club and you berrypicker
basalt tribe rather take grug pelt than hunt
>>
no idea what i am doing in this game
>>
>manage to scrounge up enough copper to make a pickaxe
>go to where the nearest surface copper was start digging since apparently there is supposed to be copper underground at those
>one whole broken pickaxe later and I have found zero trace of copper
I get the feeling I have been bamboozled and lied to, I knew I should have just found some of those caves and gone spelunking instead
>>
>>398405
The one use of the prospector pickaxe is making sure theres actually shit near your surface copper.
>>
>>397037
How do you get that display on the top-left
>>
>>398405
it's usually literally on the first stone layer or 2-3 down, if you used an entire pickaxe you looked way too far
>>
What's the difference between the /vm/ server and "frenzone"
I love the idea of this game but I've never been able to git gud and do a lot
>>
File: 2021-09-03_01-34-51.png (1.55 MB, 1366x768)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
And now we wait.

>>398368
Ask and we will help you. Or just use the 'H'andbook and check the progression guide.

>>398405
If you don't have much luck inside mines, just look for surface copper and keep mining the veins a few blocks below.
>>
File: 2021-09-03_01-40-52.png (434 KB, 1366x768)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>398497
The /vm/ one is a certified channer server. Take that information as something good or bad.
Frenzone has mostly not-so-channer people who just chill around and have fun. Take that information as something good or bad.
>>
>>398497
/vm/ server is less modded, slightly more people
frenzone is slightly more modded, less people
>>
File: 2021-09-03_02-44-50.png (128 KB, 887x407)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>398498
Spoils of war.
>>
>>398499
Everyone on FrenZone is from 4chan. They are both 4chan servers. I don't know of any other place either server has been advertised other than in this thread.
>>
>>398511
I haven't choosen the extra inventory survival perk yet. That's neat to see that in action. Perfect for storing armor when not in use.
>>
>>398551
reddit
>>
>>395076
https://strawpoll.vote/polls/wmeen2ne/vote
The vote for vm is finally here. Do we add larger stacks? I will test to see how it is if it were ever removed (does the game still work if it lost support for the mod) and probably do a hard server backup just before. Vote will be decided in a day to a day and a half.
>>
>>398720
Link it. I never posted the server info anywhere but here. So if it was posted on reddit it was from some drama retard trying to instigate stuff. FrenZone has and always will be a 4chan based server.
>>
>>398551
>>398720
Int is the only mix reddit/4chn sbr. Frienzone is just a smaller/newer server. Allegedly they represent the lgbt board. (Just a joke from last thread). But frien makes me think of r9k, vip, and s4s
>>
>>398738
>has always
The server is fine now and sol learned but the resets were unbased. So maybe for the current version I agree
>>
>>398497
Vm is for vanilla, permanent/older world with lore. Frienzone has more mods and a newer world.
>>
>>398740
We do not promote any lgbt stuff. Those were definitly jokes in a similiar fashion to this >>398278 (Although in regards to techrabbit might be more truth to that joke than I care to know about)

>>398740
Fren is about spirit. Not really intending to imply it's r9k or s4s affiliated. It's about being comfy, and having fun with others. Not taking things too seriously, but if that's your thing, hey that's okay too. Just be good to others.

>>398741
Yeah. So far so good. Shortly we will surpass the length of the first FrenZone file which is pretty cool. Ping Perfect has been great. Winter is halfway done. Good times ahead me thinks.

>>398737
For the record an alternative version of that mod exists because the original was taking to long to update. Might be worth looking into on the theme of that mod.
>>
>>397807
I wanna say big thanks to grug for his sponsorship
Without you we would still be eating roasted meat on a stick
>>
>>398749
With frens like grug winter doesn't feel like an ice age.
>>
>>398756
This
It would be good if everyone was like that
T. Grug aspirer
>>
>>398745
>>398737
To clarify the alternative is here.
https://mods.vintagestory.at/largerstacks

I assume you are originally referring to this one, the original.
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/436

FrenZone uses both, no issue. Not sure where the overlap is, but Aurieus says their mod is compatable with the original stackables by Mr1k3.

Not sure which one you were thinking of deciding on (if any) just something to consider.
>>
File: hut.jpg (366 KB, 1461x725)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
We have upgraded the mudhut, now to furnish it.
>>
File: file.png (4 KB, 350x30)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
grug really gonna start cookin now
>>
Solaire is cute! CUTE!
>>
Warz here, could some faggy janny pretty please tp me to the new spawntown? Luv y'all.
>>
>>399201
LOGGIN
>>
>>395076
Is it worth buying, or is it another Minecraft clone that will die before the release?
>>
File: file.jpg (747 KB, 2006x1159)
747 KB
747 KB JPG
hmmm
grug just go home, fuck that
>>
>>399236
this game is actually breddy gud
>>
>>399236
Try the pirate link in the op, it's what im using
>>
>>399236
its definetely borrowing HEAVILY from modded minecraft. While playing i can name a mod for most features off the top of my head but it still manages to have a different feel mostly through the tool making mechanics and an overall slower pace.
Its definetely hard to play if you dont enjoy grinding at least A BIT allthough on multiplayer there are ways to play differently obviously.
>>
>>399243
of course, because it's based on TFC and author of vs made vintagecraft. Given that, it feels completly different to MC or modded MC as everything feels very balanced and polished.
>>
>>399236
>Is it worth buying?
I think if I averaged out the hours I've played on my legit copy, versus the $20 I paid for the game. My overall cost has been like 10 cents an hour? I enjoy the game. Multiplayer is fun too, more fun than single player by far in my opinion.

If you look at how a dev is when it comes to them as a person. Tyron recently btfo some discord autist who was trying to throw his weight around because he was running a populated server. So as far as giving money to him I think you'd be doing right by doing so. No real bullshit other than some stuff getting pushed back here and there. Mods help a lot with that as well.

Both Dove's server, and FrenZone have good people on the server that can help newer players get a feel for the game. There's also the pirate version in OP. People are pretty good about keeping that up to date. So if you're still iffy, give that a shot. I don't suspect the game will "die" anytime soon, or before the official release/launch. I could definitely see some content not being in the "finished" game that was intended to be, but the mod scene is pretty good and would more than likely deliver where Tyron didn't.

Also, I believe Dove's server allows for pirate versions of the game to connect as long as it's an up to date version like the one in OP. (Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) FrenZone allows for pirate versions to connect as well. So legit or pirate you can do multiplayer with the modlist provided for each server. If you're wondering why bother getting a legit copy then? Updates happen relatively frequently, and if you're not the same version as the server you're trying to connect to you could be barred from playing multiplayer until the pirate version gets updated. Ideally, this isn't a long time but it could end up taking a bit if no one jumps on it. Just food for thought.

>>398854
Is the area around the house that's dug out going to be a small moat? Let's see some more progress! How's the interior going?
>>
File: howitshouldlook.png (1.67 MB, 2300x1292)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>398405
I know I'm a bit late, just thought I'd share this screenshot to show you weren't being lied to. Typically, you'll find the "surface" ore anywhere from 4-8 blocks below the signal ore on the surface. If using a prospecting pickaxe with the "radius" option. You can get an idea how much ore is around by breaking a single plain stone block. You can select this mode by pressing the "F" key while holding a prospecting pick. It will open a small menu with the radius option, just select it. In the event the radius option for prospecting picks have not been set in your world just use the command "/worldConfig propickNodeSearchRadius [Radius]" where the radius bracket is either a 2, 4, 6, or 8, block radius. Then restart your game to have it take effect.

You can also set the radius option when you first create a world file in the customize options. Happy mining.
>>
>>399318
>that healthbar
>>
File: wtftl.png (1.79 MB, 2298x1293)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
What a nice TL this was.
>>
fucken lag's trapped me between 2TLs
>>
>>399336
If you ate what Grug cooked you'd be beefy too. Gotta feed the machine.
>>
>>399457
That was Grug? I'm never fucking with Grug, jesus.
>>
>>399520
That's not Grug. But, you shouldn't fuck with him regardless. He's a good rockmate
>>
File: stacked.png (2.53 MB, 2302x1292)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB PNG
Pie posting was last threads theme. Let's see some stacks. 8)
>>
>>399544
STACKED
>>
File: 2021-09-05_03-01-34.png (933 KB, 1347x1008)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
The last thing you see before you die
>>
File: FrenCove.png (3.25 MB, 2182x1223)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
Fren cove spotted.
>>
File: cove1.png (2.4 MB, 2301x1292)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
Some cheeky lighting for now.
>>
File: cove2.png (2.68 MB, 2297x1290)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
Deeper into the cove.
>>
File: cove3.png (3.66 MB, 2301x1293)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
Down the granite hall hang left, and to the left is a nice opening to a far deeper cave.
>>
File: cove4.png (3.17 MB, 2300x1291)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB PNG
Then when you turn around from the cave entrance you are greeted with this view.
>>
>Make 30k journey through the TL network out to plow some fields in exchange for some linen bags
>Get tasked with returning crops back to Exilion on the way back
>Nearly die twice on the return trip before getting ambushed by a drifter in the TL network
>manage to make it back to recover my precious cargo before it despawns
>the turnips will be delivered
>forget that the TL comes up underwater, my torch gets put out in the middle of the night
>Forge ahead in the dark, get to the general locale of the next TL but i cant see the entrance because too dark
>spend the rest of the night on a dirt pillar like a day 1 minecraft savage
>sun comes up, the entrance was less than 20 blocks away from my pillar
>finally make it home to my house on the dge of rimtown to warm up and cook some food before the final leg to exilion
>put the turnips in the pantry while im cooking and rearranging inventory
>fed, warm, and restocked for the trip to Exilion
>get halfway through the 5k tunnel before i realize I FORGOT TO GET THE TURNIPS OUT OF THE PANTRY
>fuckme.jpg
>turn around, get the turnips, then go back again
>finally get to the exilion end of the tunnel
>climb up the stairs, excited to leave this godforsaken tunnel that's more lovecraftian than anything the game is supposed to offer
>A PAIR OF FUCKING WOLVES OUT OF NOWHERE
>my copper longsword breaks fighting off the wolves, good thing i brought a backup spear since durability was low
>successfully fight off wolves
>finally make it to Exilion
>triumphantly deliver my turnips
>not enough food for the return trip
>barely make it home alive, weak from hunger
Never had so much fun delivering groceries
>>
>>398737
>vote is 50/50
This country.
>>
>>399691
Based and (you) love stories like this. I miss the republic of sneed’s caravans making food runs to stores around the world through tls. Those were peak tism
>>
File: 2021-09-05_11-19-52.png (667 KB, 1920x1080)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
waiting out the rain and darkness in a random wagon
>>
File: aaaa.png (22 KB, 124x128)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
limestone
>>
>>399838
marble
>>
>>399842
anything just let me make bricks
>>
https://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator
https://www.plotz.co.uk/
>>
File: cozy winter night.jpg (382 KB, 1881x939)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
Starting to feel almost civilized out here in the suburbs of Rimtown
>>
I had enough, I'm joinin sol server, seems very comfy indeed!
>>
>>398737
Clown world
>>
File: Screenshot (197).png (32 KB, 303x377)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
these look so comfy art & craft
>>
>>399919
BEK NO!
>>
>>399922
Who the fuck is voting no?
>>
>>399980
I am.
>>
>>399980
people who aren't whiny little faggots.
>>
>>399980
People who hate themselves.
>>
mfw dove makes the poll a fucking stickypoll where anyone can just use a VPN to mail vote 800 times
>>
>>399988
>>399989
>>399996
I'm getting mixed answers here.
>>
>>395076
fuggg ive never heard of this before. it looks good.
>>
>>400076
theyre all the same person dove
>>
>>400098
Try it out, it's worth it.
>>
boy was right
catpottery was right
onions was right
>>
>new guy joins server
>2 seconds later
>New player was gored to death by an Auroch Cow.

I think that's the biggest difference in animal mobs compared to similiar games. A ram, or bull can fuck your shit up, especially with no weapon when just starting out. You can't really just punch them to death easily.

If you come back don't worry. Pretty much every single new player makes that mistake.
>>
File: 1425129921025.png (11 KB, 180x200)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
wolf puppies make me happy, when can we capture and domesticate them?
>>
mmm
grugoda
>>
>>400261
In a future update Tyron want's to do that. The mod farmlife already does that funnily enough.
>>
>>400179
To be fair, a grown cow should be able to fuck up an unprepared hobo.
>>
this game really needs better combat
>>
File: 2021-09-06_13-34-28.png (829 KB, 1327x1008)
829 KB
829 KB PNG
>>
CHALK HAS BEEN FOUND WITHIN THE NEW
TL AREA
I REPEAT
CHALK HAS BEEN FOUND WITHIN THE NEW
TL AREA
>>
>>400323
I don't disagree. I just think new players don't understand that. You need a spear, and some grass/wood armor (improvised).
>>
is it a good game?
>>
>>400384
yeah
>>
>>400385
you've convinced me to try it now
>>
File: 147433326.725_Capture.jpg (41 KB, 533x253)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
This is the power of vintagestory.
I contacted the devs....
2 days ago and got a reply but still no fix....
>>
>>400368
are there a lot of weapons in this game? i always felt like minecrafty type games were kinda limited with what u can hit monsters with
>>
>>400394
There are clubs spears bows and swords
>>
>>400398
I see. that's reasonable for the setting i suppose
>>
>>400387
you forgot to add you play not on windows which is main supported platform for VS. Other have support too but much lesser, why? Because he writing it mostly by himself with some help from others.
Yeah, I use Win and sometimes I crashed a lot too.
>>400394
There are mods that add guns and other kind of weapons, but vanilla is not so bad. Also you can chug stones at monsters.
>>
>>400400
o neat.
>>
File: iron age entered.jpg (214 KB, 1676x1074)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
oh god im bloooooming
>>
File: Grug's.png (3.04 MB, 2302x1295)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
If you haven't eaten at Grug's, You really are putting the HOMO in homosapian.
>>
>>400410
I really love that chiselled "G" in the corner
>>
What fps are you guys getting on this game
>>
>>400413
60 but if i had a million animals or a giant drifter farm or something im sure it would suffer
>>
>>400413
capped to 60 but over 100 uncapped
like 300 turning all the grafix off
trees seem really unoptimized though, running around forests can drop the fps a lot
>>
File: 1609440537134.jpg (3.2 MB, 3840x2160)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
>>
File: valleyoffrens.png (2.94 MB, 2071x1164)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
Been getting really lucky with biomes found. Fren valley spotted.

>>400441
Get down from the pulverizer fren. Standby a fire brazier.
>>
I just found a broken TL very close to rimtown but I don't have the stuff required to fix it. cords are 15 -388
>>
File: SHED.jpg (35 KB, 532x396)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Gone but never forgotten
>>
>>400451
whats the white block
>>
>>400525
semen
>>
did i got banned?
>>
>>400617
On which server did you play?
>>
>>400617
No server just happened to restart at that moment
>>
>>400620
>>400623
is pvp allowed? im not white
>>
Some guy just walked through my doors like they weren't there wtf
>>
>>400525
plaster
>>
playing Vanilla, hens refuse to sit on the henboxes and make more chicks. I give them food (grain) and leave them alone, wtf am I doing wrong?
>>
>>400698
you got a rooster to fuck them?
>>
>>400702
Yes. There is a rooster with them. There are eggs in the henboxes that are fertile and need a "broody hen" to sit on them but they just refuse to do it
>>
File: grugs.png (1.38 MB, 1359x751)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
Just started playing on /vm/, this absolute lad came to the rescue when I spawned during nightime. Love you Grug.
>>
>>397037
>>398464
please
>>
>>400782
It's a mod called VSHUD anon.
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 450x206)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>400788
Doesn't seem quite as pretty as that picture
>>
>>400805
it's simple hud clock
>>
>>395076
i am dumb, i keep getting timed out
is this set up right?
forge 1.15.2
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (66 KB, 600x623)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>400926
fug i forgot to save when i changed the version from forge 1.16.5 to 1.15.2
>>
>>400926
>>400928
no wait its still fucking up
i tried extracting one of the rar files and still get this
am i retarded or something
>>
>>400929
this isn't minecraft
>>
>>400930
huh
whats this game like?
>>
>>400932
oh is this sorta like rlcraft and some other hardcore modpacks?
how big are the 2 servers shilled here on average?
i'm just afraid of getting into a game similar to minecraft only for it to turn out that most of the time i'm the only one in the server
>>
>>400933
the closest comparison is terrafirmacraft
>>
>>400933
You will not have that issue on either server unless you're playing at really weird hours. New players have been coming in just about everyday.
>>
File: 1584521387272.jpg (39 KB, 368x451)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>400926
>.minecraft
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 130x24)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>400947
grug play at weird hours
been only one on the last 6 hours or so
grug have trouble sleeping and waste time building and hunting and cooking
many on during normal hours at least
>>
>>400951
Yeah, Saiph's timezone correlates to that as well.
>>
>>400956
Its okay, grug likes the quiet
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (518 KB, 2004x1152)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
kind of expected the waterwheel to be a bit bigger
>>
>>400977
Gotta admit Grug medieval expansion is kinda meh. Lamp posts are nice, big doors are good, drawbridges in theory are great, but I haven't gotten a chance to use them.. I don't suppose the water wheel can be scaled up or down? Like the gate/drawbridge? That'd make sense similiar to sails expanding on a windmill.
>>
>>400983
Nah its just one whole unit you craft, no other versions.
Also it has durability for some reason? I don't think sails do so this is just a straight downgrade in all aspects except for having a consistent power.
>>
>>400983
Yeah I agree it's a pretty meh mod overall, still like it for some of the smaller features like the lamp posts but it'd be better if those were their own mod.
>>
>>400926
>>400928
>>400929
This gave me a much needed laff.
>>
>>400933
>rlcraft
hang yourself
>>
>>401119
i dont do that much minecraft or minecraft like games
all i can think of are those modpacks that have you work up from flint tools with tinkerer's construct like with rlcraft
>>
>>395351
none.
Good luck, you're gonna need it.
>>
Farewell, Carrots......
>>
>>401246
what happened?
>>
>>401249
hes fucking dead
>>
File: crrrtscl.jpg (47 KB, 618x804)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>401251
rest in peace you magnificent bastard
>>
>>395323
>>395358
can someone explain this drama autism?
>>
>>396103
dont
get an xbucks or playstation
dont get ripped off by gpu scalpers please
>>
>>401290
Autists are drawn to games like minecraft. This game is similiar to minecraft. That's really it. It's not juicy gossip, or something crazy or funny. Just literal autists having temper tantrums, and not the funny public freak out ones either.

Seriously, until techrabbit starts running buck ass naked down the road screaming about vintage story, and there's video evidence of him getting tased in his undies who cares? You're better off hopping on FrenZone or Dove's server and ignore whatever misfortune some other server is experiencing. We have our fair share of autistic fucking retards as is. Plenty of retarded drama to go around.
>>
>>401255
Doxxed
>>
File: vector.png (241 KB, 478x635)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>401255
>>
File: DOV.png (267 KB, 477x634)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>401359
sex
>>
File: Bek.png (257 KB, 478x633)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>401484
>>
File: tc.png (231 KB, 478x635)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>401485
dios mio...
>>
File: Proposal1.jpg (960 KB, 3840x3526)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
Thanks to the tireless (autistic) efforts of dedicated Seraphs and A FILTHY FUCKJNG J*NNY a new network to 50k has been established, we are thoroughly in Souf territory once again. Unfortunately the last several exits have not produced any immediately exciting prospects for the new Souf community and we're going to have to explore to find a truly exceptional location. While it would please me to initiate a dictatorial stance on where to settle this game is just fucking trash for me unless people are coordinating in approximation to each other.
We have no rush: the question before us is where can we get the most people excited about building a new and vibrant Souf community? While the HI works out an updated TL map I'd like to solicit people to scout and propose ideal build locations. Out of the scouting today I've found one location that seems worthwhile. Cursory check shows it's stable (I have to finish this) and it has sufficient med fert. / very common rainland on the E side to accommodate large farm efforts (by the large lake). I visualize it as castle structure(s) on the mountain range, a dense W urban lake site and more modular. I don't think it's a "fantastic" biome but it has a lot of easily workable space and as a fully integrated build would take months of IRL time to complete. To give an idea of scale the E lake is about 200 blocks across.
>>
>>401508
Not my problem.
>>
>>395076
Mourning dove just popping in to say that I am done working in a day so I can finally buildfag again soon
>>
File: bloodonurhands.png (144 KB, 443x358)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>401485
>>
File: sol.png (229 KB, 477x634)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>401486
>>
File: carrot2.jpg (46 KB, 482x680)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>401547
literally was at your doorsteps carrot with fresh pies.....
>>
AHHHHH I'VE GOT A HEMORRHOID FUCK IT BURNS
>>
>>401551
She looks like she wants to stomp my nuts. That is NOT frenly AT ALL.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (869 KB, 2007x1154)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
>only half of grug lake unfreezing
good game
>>
>>401508
Can we not settle on the equator please
>>
>>401486
>>
I hear Maldaris is a crippled autistic furry. Is that really true? No wonder he is so unhinged and insufferable.
>>
>>401508
I was hoping for comfy bamboo cabana town when i saw the 36k TL but that mountain is pretty rad, you could do some real dorf fort shit there
>>
I had to leave for a ferry thanks for the bronze idk how to make an anvil out of it ill pay in funny items once i get back // yours truly
>>
File: Patentedcreation.png (236 KB, 950x1300)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
reposted for convenience
>>
>>401627
nice grugoda
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (155 KB, 359x463)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
*Translocates behind you* psh, nuthin personel kid.
>>
>>401740
Even looks like his character, too.
>>
File: circumsamurai.jpg (29 KB, 366x475)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>401740
>>401742
the tired face of time and space warper, looking for riched in far unknown lands
>>
>>401742
RTX: on
>>
File: mald.png (292 KB, 477x635)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
>>
File: vara.png (249 KB, 478x635)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>
File: ryjhan.jpg (24 KB, 327x380)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I regret doing this so much.
>>
>>401747
AWOOGA!
>>
>Fly agaric is the world's most hallucinogenic mushroom
>just damages you and doesn't drain your stability to 0 when eaten
huge missed opportunity
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 346x451)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
File: mysweet.png (222 KB, 317x367)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
*jaw drops to floor, eyes pop out of sockets accompanied by trumpets, heart beats out of chest, awooga awooga sound effect, pulls chain on train whistle that has appeared next to head as steam blows out, slams fists on table, rattling any plates, bowls or silverware, whistles loudly, fireworks shoot from top of head, pants loudly as tongue hangs out of mouth, wipes comically large bead of sweat from forehead, clears throat, straightens tie, combs hair* Ahem, you look very lovely.
>>
File: purpleheart.jpg (30 KB, 441x556)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>crashes
>crashes
>crashes
>crashes
>enter server
>asks about purple heartwood tree
>refuses to elaborate
>crashes again
>>
>>401795
Lilam. The name itself reminisces my unalloyed feelings of ecstasy - the ecstasy of which your sheer presence culminates. Before you came into my life, I felt nothing. My life, but a devoid absence of which I merely survived through; I've never lived. But the moment in which I saw that message, that godforsaken message, "Lilum joined. Say hi :)", my life has been forever enlightened. I finally feel like i'm alive. You may never requite my joy, but I do not care - my love for you will prevail - prevail through the darkest of ages, the lowest of lows, and through the highest of highs. Time is a fickle thing, its grasp on me easing as soon as you walk my way, its cruel control seeping through my skin as I lay my unworthy eyes upon your in-game character, tears streaming down my wretched cheeks as I carefully observe your every move, each successively more ethereal than the last. The distinct way your avatar moves, the way you type, the way you panic as I approach you... I've never felt such infatuation. Lillium, our meeting may have been brief, but alas, I have the innermost conviction that we will meet again. My hands tremble with anticipation; I will count every second I wait in this disconsolate place, the place in which you so readily abandoned..... yet your hesitance only cultivates my yearning. I love you. No.... "love" is an insult to how i truly feel. Words do my passion an injustice. May we meet again, Liam, my little kitten.
-Dainn
>>
I dunno what the fuck i expected, honestly. Neat game, but i'd prefer not to be teleported around like that.
>>
File: 2021-05-13_08-09-53.png (2.38 MB, 1920x1080)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
>>395076
/vm/ server update news:
I am done with work and have again too much time on my hands. Introducing: Builder hut
Do you want to have windows, simple furniture, arch pieces, etc copied?
Do you want chiseled sand, lake ice, thatch, or metal blocks?

>Make an at minimum 5x5 building
>Claim it (unless you want shit stolen)
>Place chests with signs for labeling.
>Put whatever you want chiselable or copied in labeled chests with a chisel.
>1:1 put the ingredient blocks (so for some chiseled granite cobble, put as much granite cobble next to it as you want chiseled)
>Post coords of builder's hut in thread I will visit them once a day or whenever i'm on the sever
I will not replicate statutes/art intended for sale or museums to keep their value up.
This is for a mix of rp and to make building windows and shit less annoying.
>>
>>401947
based and buildpilled
>>
File: TOY.png (223 KB, 477x725)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>401632
>>
>>401799
who are you
>>
Okay Can somebody explain to me how this all works. I've been interested in getting into Vintage Story but I'm a complete fucking retard with mods.
Is this a Minecraft game but modded out of the ass or a separate game with MC inspirations? Cause I found the site and it seems like you can buy it on it's own?!
>>
>>401966
>Is this a Minecraft game but modded out of the ass
No.
Its based on a mod called terafirmacraft however.
It is its own game.
>a separate game with MC inspirations?
Yes it is quite different from MC however.
I would suggest checking out the pirate link and playing it for yourself and see if its worth your money, for me it definitively was.
>>
>>401953
PurpleHeart.
>>
>>401974
That is me.
Who is the basedjak behind these?
>>
File: 2021-09-08_18-32-35.png (2.25 MB, 1920x1080)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>395076
>tfw had a mega big brain moment
Will share in two days
>>401974
if you are doing vm we had 15 people on earlier. Most common crash is someone had some weird mod that isn't in the server and it bugs out so you need to usually uninstall vs and just install the two server mods. If it's frienzone then try the same thing.
>>
File: fortuna.jpg (35 KB, 425x593)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>401976
me and someone else
>>
>>401972
is the player account I make on the cracked version gonna be related to the official if I buy it?
>>
File: 2021-09-08_18-58-19.png (1.23 MB, 1920x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>395076
Why didn't it work
>>
>>402004
no
>>
>>402004
No has a separate id but if you don't use a password someone can steal your shit.
>>
>>402005
They nerfed it last update, now you need to do it in a chalk pentagram with a burning translocator on each point.
>>
>>395076
>dobson brings server almost to a halt for logging on next to a pit with over 1000 pigs in souf
kek
>>
how is the pvp or combat in this game?
>>
>>401985
I could reinstall the whole thing yes.
I would rather not.
Besides its best that these types of issues are resolved properly now instead of avoided until much later.
>>
>>402029
no
>>
>>402029
Shitty. Pve is okay. Meta is beenade + bow spam until steel armor breaks or someone dies. Spam healing items. Or sword mosh pit. Only stone age grug combat with wood and hide armor is fun/interesting. Dodge rock tournaments are way more skillful. We did some arena tests, You can make pve arenas though for wolf, drifter, and bell spawning.
>>
File: 2021-09-08_19-43-16.png (1.34 MB, 1920x1080)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>395076
So people understand the Order/Cult/Church of Chef and history behind it I will make this mega post.
>Over a year ago there was another Vintage Story server ran by Dove. It was mostly a test and on some shitty host. Only a few players were on it including Carrot, Dove, TooSalty, and Chef. Not much else is known but when the current server was made Chef was the first person to make a home. He sort of set the standard for chisel art and helped influence most of the spawntown architecture with his design on the great spawn lake. He taught a lot of the now oldfags how to play the game and prevented the earliest players from blackpilling in the winter months. He was also the first major provider of food to the server before we knew enough about farming. As the server got more established, we set up market districts, government buildings, inns, taverns, and an arena. All 100% public builds at the time and inspired by Chef's work on the lake. He lived comfy and good. One day he left a message on the public board in the market. 'Sorry guys. I need to go. I might return one day.' When he was gone some group of players thought it would be fun to make a church underneath the boar's head tavern inspired by some of the game's lovecraftian themes but also chef's second coming
message (chef was never informed or knew about this). Now what good is a build without using it? During Christmas celebrations, the "Order of Chef" would have an arena fight where the winner would sacrifice the loser in the Church to be initiated into it. They would be given outlawed black steel (the players outlawed black steel because it was seen as a waste of gold and silver in the stock market). The new initiates would work on making some weird black and white sun tentacle eye things around the world, leaving graffiti messages about a second coming, and making churches under towns like souf and norf. Cont..
>>
File: 2021-09-08_19-42-33.png (2.29 MB, 1920x1080)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
>>402054
>for most of the early days, players did not know about the churches. They just knew some of the small stories in the archive library south of spawn and occasional statues. At the time the beliefs were pretty simple. Chef will return, the world will end, Malefactors are the master class and blue skin is the master race. Might is right. The cult was behind some server attacks during the heavy drama period with the influx of players (server hitting 30-40 players). Including the second norfair beenade attacks and assassination attempt on maldaris to spark a real war off of the server meme war with norf and souf. An additional note was the highway wolf attack where someone released a bunch of baby-adult wolves on a highway (I don't know who was behind it people think tc or catpottery). When the mald server was being pushed though there was a server end times event to say the second coming is soon. Spawnlake turned to spawn crater with lava, all food rotted, and it was 24/7 temporal storms. Then, with the Mald server, Chef actually returned and was given the largest space in the mensfield walls. That server didn't last because nomap, no coords, more forest was a bad idea. Since then the order/cult of chef became the church of chef as it was more accepted and known. It has had some amazing builds, services, funerals, and has become a little less bloody (since pvp is shit dodge rock is better) and more stern with rules and beliefs. There have been churches for chef made in many servers though it is the dominant religion of the /vm/ server. Some players have prayed to chef as a joke and had prayers answered such as an attestment earlier today where a player prayed to find terra preta and the prayer was soon answered. The second coming was true. The server awaits for a third.
>>
>>402061
Though to finalize. The second coming changed it from meme underground cult to sort of a full blown server cult with multiple churches, priests, and services. The fun thing is that it all happened naturally. Like the market economy or TC vs State of Norf trial where it wasn't forced but evolved from the pure autism of some of the best autists I've gotten to play with on 4chan.
>>
>>402037
>>402051
so there's really not much of a PvP survival aspects to it then? like players killing other players to survive
>>
File: soufdiagram3.png (707 KB, 2100x3150)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
Tunnel navigation/ infrastructure pending at the time of writing this.

St.Scalar: -180, 564

St.Scalar: -7721, 7925
St. Cumdump: -7475 7664

St.Cumdump: -5305 9955
St. Rawr XD: -5304 9645

St.Rawr XD: 2285 14471
St. Saville: 2199 14866

St. Saville: -4515 18845
St. Whitesnake: -4602 18729

St. Whitesnake: -6360 20960
St. Llanfairpwll-gwyngyllgogerychwyrndrob -6429 21082

St. Llanfairpwll-gwyngyllgogerychwyrndrob 452 24776
St. Freeman 709 24479

St. Freeman 90 29889
St. Pierogi 49 29986

St. Pierogi -6559 36843
St. Polaris -6647 36877

St. Polaris -3831 40434
St. Janus -3594 40023

St. Janus 1432 45882
St. Saerkraut 1384 45859

St. Saerkraut -1615 47364
St. Windstock -1236 46911

St. Windstock 3954 48102
St. Riccolo 3581 47890

St. Riccolo 2703 50914
>>
>>402065
no, there is no need for such things, game rather pushes for cooperation among players. You can of course fight but it's clunky in current version. Tyron was saying something about 1.17 being endgame content edition so mayb in that he will update combat.
>>
>>402065
Combat isn't robust enough for people to engage in pvp. There may be some fringe anarchy server where players go out of their way to fight each other, but most players would prefer to either work together or play alone. The main problem is armor, it's balanced around enemies that can one-shot the player without it, but the players do so little damage on their own that armor negates almost all of it.
>>
>>402075
This. If you try to pvp someone and they have full steel get ready for them to laugh it off. Even if you have a steel weapon. There have been mock stone age battles and the vm server still has a set of rules for war (likely to get changed with the construction of the government building). There was also a hitman board/wanted players who were designed as shitters or like the chef post mentioned some assassinations. But pvp is not common. It is expensive, grindy, and if you actually get a war going, brutal. The current way war works is if two towns either agree to war or someone makes a proposal to the government building (basically old server un) and they agree that some nation did something shitty enough for war, nations have their claims off for a bit, map is turned off for an hour or two but coords stay on, and they basically duke it out at a designated time. We never got full war to test the system only mock battlefield ctf.
>>
>>402063
>or TC vs State of Norf trial
We don't talk about that
>>
>>402081
Wait someone please explain this now
>>
File: cymraeg.png (220 KB, 316x512)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
welsh phenotype
>>
>>402093
if you know you know
>>
File: proudracist.jpg (32 KB, 431x568)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
WOW
>>
>>402098
boutta turn me into a Proud Rapist
>>
File: tomselleck.jpg (33 KB, 424x583)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
sweet god
>>
>>402068
>hermes
Can someone do some lore dumbs on the HermesIniti please
>>
>>402068
>not Jokerman
one job
>>
>>402071
This. The game really pushes for trading and people picking roles over pvp. Pvp is only a thing when you get shitty people living near you or another big town and a depletion of metals.
>>
File: 2021-08-12_03-18-20.png (3.45 MB, 1920x1080)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB PNG
>>395076
Posting just to honor csam, gravy, mael, and toy (and most of you desu) honestly such good builders. I was going through screenies and csam's mermaid still leaves me in genuine awe.
>>
going to found a monastary for the prophet chef
what rules and types of art do i follow with my brothers in chef?
>>
File: 2021-08-12_06-13-21.png (3.22 MB, 1920x1080)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
>>402142
Usually it has a lot of tenticals. Kinda edgy interior. Exterior can be whatever but most chef builds have like some stages of the cross thing. The white is chef/gods presence. Tentacles are his reach to the earths. Black is the sin, instability and drama without him. This is the most advanced church to date made in the first frienzone server.
>>
File: Map.png (200 KB, 1798x1556)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>395076
Posting for a new guy to show what the map making was like during nomap. Only reason to make a map now would be TLs like the hermes posts, for fun, or if we did a short war for getting around with nomap for an hour
>>
>>402168
NOTE this map is not with the current vm thing
>>
pic for discussion in game
>>
>>402174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwNENr8omM0&ab_channel=BestUnintentionalASMR
reminds me of this.
>>
>>401772
>hallucinogenic mushroom doesn't cause you to literally fade into another plane of existence
Gee, almost as if a poisonous mushroom that fucks with your head has nothing to do with eldritch magic?
>>
File: 45.jpg (300 KB, 2389x1585)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>401508
Update of surrounds in the 45k-48k region. I believe this would be the span between station Sauerkraut.
>>
>>402104
Don Frye?
>>
>>402234
Look at this absolute autistic fucking retard. No, seriously. You're talking about a fucking VIDEO GAME do you not comprehend that? Are you literally incapable of the minimal mental prowess it takes to seperate reality from a fictional game people play for fun? Do you also complain about every single aspect that isn't 100% like real life too? God FORBID something in a FICTIONAL video game is added in for fun! It would be THE END TIMES!! AHHHH NOT MY HECKIN' REALISM IN A BLOCK GAME AHHHHH!!!

Since I know you are autistic I'm going to spell it out for you. I am being sarcastic. What you are reading is me sarcastically replying to your braindead take on this anon's fun suggestion >>401772

Go fuck yourself. Turn off your computer. Wallow in misery in the dark hole you call your "home". Literally have seen mudhuts in game more inviting than wherever cesspool you were birthed from. You must be an absolute pleasure to be around in real life. "Askually! The speed limit is 30mph, and you seem to be travelling at 32mph!" I would murder you, and feel no remorse. I would be ridding the planet of an inhumane flesh golem not fit to even breathe the air I breathe.

Hahaa just kidding man.
>>
>>402093
>people don't wanna explain probably the most fun organic social interaction the OG server had
Bruh.
So during the first Norfair, a summer festival put on by us in the Norf, there was a pair of people, Dainn and TC, who went on a major vandalism spree. They put "BLM" on signs all over the place, even going so far as to make BLM letter statue in the the festival field out of either glacier ice or basalt. It was a pain in the ass to clean up at the time, but funny in retrospect. Seeing red at the time though, I proclaimed that TC and Dainn were banned from the Norf, and would be killed if they returned. Dainn didn't care, and instead tried to hire a hitman (Barn?) who ended up failing. TC on the other hand was actually repentant, and asked to be let back. The first Norfair was actually to celebrate the completion of the government building, which included a courtroom, so I offered to have TC stand trial for their crimes. Cue one of the most autistic, hilarious, and genuinely fun Ace Attorney-style trials in VS, with more than one interruption of someone getting their ass beat to death. Carrot was the judge, and gave a legitimately fair arbitration, which was kinda surprising given the meme-tier lead up to the trial. It ended with TC being sentenced to "time served", ultimately lifting the ban, just because they'd been a good sport about it. There's some screenshots floating around, and I have some on my other computer I can dig up and post later.
>tl;dr Norf put TC on trial for being a vandalizing nignog, TC demands reparations, everyone has fun putting on an actual arbitration/trial.
>>
File: pretty.png (1.37 MB, 1670x884)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
Pretty.
>>
>>402382
I really like this post
>>
>>402483
>Dainn didn't care, and instead tried to hire a hitman (Barn?)
Dove was the one who hired the hitman, chucklenuts.
Also cope and post screenshots please Mal.
>>
>>402112
Mspaint didn't have it available for some inexplicable reason
>>
This game sounds like wurm online mixed with minecraft. Convince me to play.
>>
>>402575
Slanted roofs.
>>
>>402575
see >>401972
>>399300
Ya lazy bastard
>>
>>402597
Never did get to see if they made a moat or not. I sure hope they are okay, and are simply hard at work building a nice moat.
>>402575
The whole community is like a special ed classroom, but half the students aren't retarded they just hated doing normal school work. So you have a bunch of funny shit that gets posted, or stuff happening at any given time. Some of it is retards being retards. Some of it is genuine autism. Some of it by people who are "MERELY PRETENDING" to be autistic/retarded. Some of it is stupid drama, that is cheeky. Some of it is actually stupid drama, and some are fucked up and derive enjoyment from that.

You got a cripple fucking furry running around ass blasted all the time trying to cause problems. You have a nigger. You have legitimatetly autistic people some are the cool "Check out what I made!" type. Some are insufferable at worst, tolerable at best depending on the person.

You got two current 4chan servers. Both are pretty good with decent owners. FrenZone has a few more mods, and is newer than Dove's. Dove's has a few more people, and has been around for awhile, but with less mods. Each has their own personal pros, and cons (you) as a player can determine for (your)self.

Honestly it's the most "fun" I've had with a game in a long time. Love me Frens. Love me Mods, Love me COON wranglin'. Love me screenshots, simple as.
>>
>>402652
I still have no idea where this crippled furry bit came from.
>>
File: 2021-09-09_14-16-59.png (1.98 MB, 1920x1080)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>402652
>Never did get to see if they made a moat or not
It was never really going to be a moat, it was just a trench I dug to trap drifters in during the night for easy disposal later. I do regret never giving you that interior shot though so here it is. Currently been holding off on major home improvements since its looking like there will be a migration to the Souf soon and I'm probably going to set up in the suburbs over there like i did here near Rimtown.
>>
File: 1548342221004s.jpg (5 KB, 228x228)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>402704
Probably because they are crippled, and are a furry?
>>
File: 2021-09-09_21-53-13.png (2.47 MB, 1920x1080)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
Posting some pics from the 2nd proposed site...
>>
File: 2021-09-09_21-47-48.png (2.87 MB, 1920x1080)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>>
>>402803
imagine building giant aztec city and pyramids, sacrificing new players everyday for Chefalunkuz
>>
>>402803
>>402804
mogs the inferior 50k barren equator wastelands
>>
>>395076
Clockmakers defend your class
https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/topic/5415-class-survey/
>>
File: site3.png (1.49 MB, 2393x1590)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
Proposal site #3 ('Flat Top')

PROS:
* Extraordinarily large (~300 block measured N to S) mostly flat mesa average at 191 height. Practical application could include many modular smithing buildings without reliance on 'tism mills. No worry about freezing at height because Souf.
* Immediately adjacent 'almost all the time' farming valley.
* Redwood starter grove.
* Curve of mesa creates middle level that could be worked into three distinct districts by height.

CONS:
* Jungle is smole
* Buildings on mesa can't be very tall. Difficult to visualize and see upper site from lower site.
* Moderate amount of terraforming to create easy access between upper and lower districts and level off 'middle' level couched in the curve of the mesa.
* Doesn't feel particularly Souf.
>>
File: site3_2.jpg (938 KB, 3840x2160)
938 KB
938 KB JPG
>>402852
>>
File: site3_3.jpg (997 KB, 3840x2160)
997 KB
997 KB JPG
>>402854
>>
File: site3_4.jpg (1.33 MB, 3840x2160)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>402855
>>
File: site4_1.jpg (262 KB, 1315x1576)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
Proposal site #4 ('Black Sands 2')

I have no confidence the community to settle in a desert biome, I just wanted to post this because the azure water/size of the basalt desert itself is striking. It might be a worthwhile passion project for someone looking to settle independent off the Souf TL network.
>>
File: site4_2.jpg (600 KB, 3840x2160)
600 KB
600 KB JPG
>>402880
>>
>>402834
2 tempogears go brr
>>
>>402882
looks cool but also looks like a shitty place to live
>>
>>402882
>>402880
New server idea
1000 tall block anarchy
All desert world
Trees never grow
1% tool durability
No map
No coords
100% forest
24 hour nights
Constant winter
400% drifter damage
5% tool mine speed
3000% copper surface node spawning
Thoughts? We doing this?
>>
>>402916
Yeah I'm doing it right now
>>
>>402916
>>393940
>>
>>402918
>>402916
I forgot. 3 separate versions of expanded foods and the techrabbit modpack. We will have a discord and be in constant voice chat. If you leave I will pump neurotoxins into your bedroom.
>>
File: 2021-09-10_00-07-45.png (3.5 MB, 1920x1080)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
How this for a location? Jungle kinda small tho
>>
File: 2021-09-10_00-09-01.png (2.87 MB, 1920x1080)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>>
>>402934
It is rare to find a massive jungle in this game without chopping down other jungles to grow your own. If you make a town then grow jungle around it cutting down far away jungles with roads to logging grounds. Otherwise have fun with the jungle being converted into charcoal
>>
File: site2.png (731 KB, 2083x1252)
731 KB
731 KB PNG
>>402803
>>402804
Here's aerial of Proposal #2
>>
>>402976
>chop natural forest for small charc gains and end up with ugly grassless landscape
I hate people who do this so much it's unreal
>>
File: site1_exp.jpg (830 KB, 2395x1591)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
>>401508
Update of expanded region for Proposal #1, located at ~-2000, 47000 for site inspection.
>>
>>402980
blame tyron for wanting trees to be impossible to propagate
>>
>have to manually knap/smith every arrowhead
>no arrowhead molds
>all those fucking sticks
>you get 9 shots per iron bar, for 45 damage total
>or 850 sword swings, for 3400 damage total
>can't even poison your arrows with fly agaric
>no iron or steel spears
>tree chop time includes the leaves for some reason
>get less drops from leaves anyway
>snowfall just not happening in specific chunks, or entire lines of chunks, completely disappearing and appearing randomly as you walk
>game is still stuck in the minecraft dark ages of light-level based spawning mechanics
>>
File: 2021-09-09_19-50-12.png (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
nature is wonderful and mysterious
>>
any thoughts on the barebones outline of the government building? I will texture the walls. Still thinking about how to do windows. And yes I will add arches and pillars. Finally should the rooms for politicians to live in during voting sessions be underground or above on a second floor?
>>
File: 2021-09-09_19-50-09.png (2.85 MB, 1920x1080)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
>>403022
Forgot the pic.
>>403006
You can retrieve iron arrows but yes combat sucks past bronze age that is why we do dodgerock over duels these days.
>>
File: 2021-09-09_23-23-43.png (2.51 MB, 1920x1080)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>403025
posting update
>>
File: 2021-09-09_23-51-07.png (2.12 MB, 1920x1080)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>395076
>>
File: 2021-09-10_00-37-45.png (1.95 MB, 1920x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>403174
Roof mostly done gunna turn top tower into chef shrine. Next is windows and texturing then interior
>>
File: 2021-09-10_01-32-23.png (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>395076
Why does everyone have fucking cat ears
>>
File: 2021-09-10_00-58-03.png (2.08 MB, 1920x1080)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB PNG
>>403251
Is this some retarded exploit or xskills
>>
File: sex.png (589 KB, 596x806)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
>>403251
What did he mean by this
>>
File: 2021-09-10_01-46-56.png (885 KB, 1920x1080)
885 KB
885 KB PNG
>duration: infinite days
i guess we're starting a cassava farm
>>
File: 2021-09-10_01-50-06.png (2.28 MB, 1920x1080)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>395076
Pic from museum very generic shrine of chef and the first one in his house.
>>
File: 2021-08-12_20-24-25.png (2.07 MB, 1920x1080)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>403264
some chef style interior work
>>
File: 2021-09-10_01-53-27.png (2.4 MB, 1920x1080)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
>>403266
Archives for in game ref
>>
File: 2021-09-10_02-14-17.png (3.21 MB, 1920x1080)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>395076
How the fuck do I top this for my next tavern
Also looking for someone (csam or any other good interior guys) to help with the round table for govt building. I will pay handsomely in gold.
>>
>>403280
Table needs a diameter of 5 blocks
>>
>>403006
Yeah swords are definetly better than bows for PvE for efficiency, but lets do some quick maffs for cheeky fun. Assuming you have no levels in xskills for smithing/do not utilize xskills as a mod. As well as the notion of not wearing any metal armor to debuff archery.

A set of iron plate mail needs roughly 20 chains, then something like 16 plates? So 2 ingots are needed for each chain/plate meaning you will need roughly 72 ingots to make a full set of plate mail which is preferred for melee fighting. (Steel being even better, but let's go with iron for now.)

1 iron ingot is equivalent to 9 arrow heads. Not counting sticks gotten from shears on leaves, or having a chicken farm for feathers you got about 648 iron arrow heads for the cost of one set of plate mail. 657, if you don't count the iron sword. I have no idea what the rate of arrow saving is. I think a safe number would be 40% or so? Some you can't recycle. So for each arrow shot you have roughly a 40% chance to recover an arrow. Where as a sword steadily decreases with each hit regardless.

So let's say roughly 40% of 657 is 260 (using 65 instead of 65.7 for 10% for ease) So you have realistically about 917 shots with the iron arrows you made versus making a melee fighting build. Not counting class damage bonuses. Using a recurve bow. Using the archer perks from xskills, as well as other damage increaseing perks to mobs from animal husbandry etc. Archery allows you theoretically to never get hit by mobs ever again with pillar tactics. Literally just carry 6-10 dirt blocks on you at all times. Boom, combat is now baby tier for PvE.

So, still worse than swords, but maybe not as bad you might think? Bows are also very useful with PvP, but I have never seen anyone really dedicated to PvP other than for fun, or a cheeky slap or two.
>>
>>403432
> a full set of plate mail which is preferred for melee fighting
I've been getting by just fine with full leather which penalizes neither melee, hunger, speed, or archery.
Can survive 2 hits from a nightmare drifter but it shreds your durability. Wolves and rams aren't even an issue anymore with just a leather chest.

Recurve requires specializing in hunter which severely nerfs other abilities, otherwise you're just stuck with longbow at best which is still only a .25 damage penalty.
>>
>>403438
Depends on the scenario. Harvesting fiber/gears in a temporal storm? Your leather armor is going to get shredded quickly leaving you exposed. A bell begins to screech far underground, and you get ambushed by waves of nightmare drifters, and sawblade locusts? Same sort of thing.

In iron plate mail or steel any class can survive multiple hits from nightmare drifters. Far more than two. Especially if the player has boosts to HP from xskills survival perks, and good diet. That, and its durability is far greater than leather armor. The durability loss of a nightmare drifter attack is miniscule against plate mail's durability. It is ideal protection when protection matters. To say nothing about dealing with potential PvP.

So yes, surface exploring with leather is perfectly do-able. Especially if sleeping through temp storms. No doubt. But if you're trying to clear a huge vein of iron, or gather gems for refractory 3 tier bricks waaay down below. Plate-mail makes a world of a difference. It is the ideal melee protection.

I would reccomend leather for archers though. Since like you said, no debuffs to archery. That, and blackguards can give their sword to other players. Hunters likewise can offer their recurve bows to other players. They are super easy to make. Hunters are a popular class. So you shouldn't have any reason not to have one. Hence the calculations for no need for plate mail as someone using ranged weapons wouldn't or shouldn't be wearing plate.
>>
>>395076
Next week the /vm/ server is going to have a mock battle. So far popular opinion is an siege where a makeshift castle is made with palisades and shit. Enemies have to basically capture an item in it and can break in using ladders or bombs. The other options are:

CTF where two bases are built by teams, basic attack/defend ctf.

Pillage. Basically a makeshift flammable town. Kinda like siege the goal is to burn down the town.

Or a field battle. Two teams just duke it out.

Also the tech will either be stone/copper or copper/bronze and supplied to players
>>
File: 2021-09-10_06-00-50.jpg (728 KB, 2014x1167)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
mmm
grugoda
>>
>>403264
That statue's hairline...
>>
>>403280
Build a Viking longhouse
>>
>>403480
Solid work Grug. I'm thinking about making a field to the northwest of khzar's WIP. Across the road from where it turns past the locust caves. I want to make a coon wrangling field now that it's warmer. Were you planning on building anything over there?
>>
>when a bamboo plant matures it flings sprouts out around it so that it spreads realistically
I might have just introduced an invasive species to the north
>>
>>403520
Nah all I had in mind was just that lake
>>
>>403564
10-4 Good buddy.
>>
I'm playing this with my friend and I was wondering if there's any QoL mods people would recommend? Specifically for prospecting because it's such a pain to do.
>>
>>403689
prospectinfo
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/1235
vshud
https://mods.vintagestory.at/vshud

only two qol client side that will help you a lot
goodluck
>>
>>403689
This guy nailed the prospecting aspect.

For general QoL? Here is a good list that may interest you.

>Better Crates (phenomenal organization)
>Carry Capacity (Let's you carry chests, and move storage containers without having to empty/break them)
>Larger Stacks/Stackables (Carry more of a single item)
>StepUp (No more having to jump up single block heights, you just "step up" as you move into them)
>FullDrop (Get your full amount of items back with certain processing blocks)
>Workbench Expansion (For copying chiseled blocks/items)

There's plenty more too, but a good start.
>>
>>403755
Meant to refer to
>>403739
for prospecting. Whoops.
>>
File: iceborg.jpg (1.56 MB, 2450x2250)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
The certified /vm/Story iceberg.
>>
>>403883
You forgot the wolf sex mod
>>
>>403883
this is fucking awesome
>>
File: forwhatitsworth1.png (164 KB, 1832x1910)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>403883
>Solaire = Maldaris
I think I've caused way more unironic issues, and negative feelings then Maldaris ever wished he could. And, I did it unintentionally believe it or not. He seems to relish in it. He's the last person I'd want to be.

I don't think I ever really came out, and said anything official/formal about everything. But, I am sorry. I really did try hard to save the first FrenZone. I tried to get them to archive the playerdata, as well as the world file itself, but they literally didn't understand what I was asking them to do. I really am sorry about what happened with FrenZone 2 as well. I don't know how the equator got so out of whack, and didn't even understand what the issue was until after the fact. Since the whole worldgen got royally fucked I figured may as well start over fresh since it only had been 3 days.

I never personally freaked out in any of the threads. I think people capitalized on the issues to stir up drama, and have fun with it. Admitting to pretend to be me in the thread, etc. Some of it was funny, other parts I felt bad about. So far, FrenZone 3 is going strong. Things are a lot more stable now with a new host, and we have actually lasted longer than the first FrenZone by now which is exciting! I think it will last much longer.

I've had a lot of fun shit posting here and there. I've had a lot of fun playing with you guys, and still do. Vintage Story is a lot of fun. Just figured I'd add something to the iceberg, and another pasta to the list. While trying to keep the thread drama free. This, and the next post are the exchange I had with GPORTAL customer "Support". So feel free to catalog that with the other VS lore or if you're just curious take a look.
>>
File: forwhatitsworth2.png (131 KB, 1832x1910)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>403900
Part 2
>>
>>403900
fake sol post, its fake!
>>
File: driftermogginsketch.jpg (1.68 MB, 1922x1764)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>403883
based
>>
>>403900
>>403901
Oh no, not the Solaireboogeyman!
>>
>>403903
these drawings shouldve gone in the middle, the seraph porn is cursed as fuck
>>
>>403909
what did you just say to me? you like hot seraph girls? let me draw some for you
>>
>>403883
Also feel free to add shit in.
>>
File: icee.jpg (1.66 MB, 2450x2250)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>403883
>>403918
Added
>>
>>403923
just fucking gather some info and add it in next version in next thread, I'M MALDING OVER THIS
>>
File: unnamed (16).jpg (44 KB, 750x802)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>403923
>tism'mills
>Liliam added twice
>Liliam
>>
>>403926
Where? Liliam rape isn't the same as saga. tism mill isn't the same as bse tismmill. If you see it or point it out someone can fix it.
>>
File: bigthorn.jpg (30 KB, 433x568)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Baking pies makes you chad, fact!
>>
>>403923
I forgot to add the main vault was never robbed. I guess >>403925
is right
>>
>>403895
elaborate.
>>
>>403937
please don't
>>
>>395076
Lol I was going through old art. I forgot how fat used to be the go to superfood
>>
File: evidence.png (428 KB, 1373x703)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>403883
>>403918
Pressed flax seed
Hermes Initiative Ranger's Office
Station Hecate
Trapped translocators
135K TL jump
Poolbun
Snackbun
Murder of Sogi's dogs
Coords accessible on nomap
Snowman's pumpkin stash
Invisible platforms in Mombasa jump tower
NuViet
>>403931
In awe at the size of the lad, the absolute unit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (4 KB, 195x91)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>403928
>tism mill isn't the same as bse tismmill.
Anon....I...
>>
>>403947
Hermes Initiative was added already.
>>
>>403961
It's 'Hermes Initiative Ranger's Office', in reference to a perhaps off-grid location that has been infrequently visited by few, if any, players.
>>
>>403961
Nevermind, i am retarded
>>
File: SITE5_1.jpg (633 KB, 2095x1425)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
PROPOSAL SITE #5 (Coves)

PROS:
* Extensive cove network under basalt mountain, access from SW and N sides.
* Nearby plain ensures easy farm cultivation.
* Redwood starter grove.
* Potential triad of major locations within walking distance if Zion and BS2 settlements are developed.
* Lagoons are deep enough to jump into, allowing instant descent from upper builds.

CONS:
* Extensive terraforming required for easier access.
* Finicky vertical builds take a lot of scaffolding work to construct
* Bit of a retread for veteran players of OG Spawntown.
* No jungle.
* Basalt is not a fun primary stone.
>>
File: SITE5_2.jpg (828 KB, 3840x2160)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
>>403977
>>
File: SITE5_3.jpg (1.15 MB, 3840x2160)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>403978
>>
File: SITE5_4.jpg (689 KB, 3840x2160)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
>>403980
>>
>>403947
Oh yeah tls with no return
>>
>>403980
Settle there. Make the souf market in the lagoon
>>
>>404001
>>403977
Wait no jungle sucks. You guys should have collected jungle seeds on your journeys to erect one around the city
>>
>>403978
>>403980
>>403982
site 5 looks most majestic to settle under or at top of it.
>>
People that solely use dots as waypoints are psychopathic.
>>
File: 1564242790612.jpg (63 KB, 500x743)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>404016
yes, and?
>>
this confuses the carrot
>>
File: 2021-09-10_21-12-31.png (3.01 MB, 1920x1080)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB PNG
>>395076
Some results at my attempt to world edit a heart of darkness type river
>>
File: 2021-09-10_21-39-23.png (2.38 MB, 1920x1080)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
>>395076
To clarify how a builder hut works. Make a building with enough space to walk in that is 5x5 with some labeled chests
>>
>>404048
Inside label some chests for what you want. In the top chest for example. If you put 32 hay in and want it chiseled I will exchange for 32 chiselable hay.
For the next, If you want to build with a block like lake ice you can exchange glacial ice.
For the last one. If you want to mass copy a more simple block, put the block you want copied, the ingredients, and a chisel in the chest. The ingredients and chisel durability will exchange for copied stuff like window frames or simple chairs. I won't copy artwork.
>>
File: 2021-09-10_21-43-17.png (1.61 MB, 1920x1080)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
>>404050
Forgot pic
>>
Ryu return seeds to Exilion I'm not going on trip for them, thanks.
>>
>>404081
Too late, already made a farm buddy.
>>
>>404085
I don't care
>>
File: ijustwantedtofarm.jpg (585 KB, 1280x720)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
Why are you guys making me do it, I just wanted comfy farming.............
>>
File: builders.png (1.49 MB, 1529x900)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>401947
Bumtopia Builders hut

Co-Ords: -600, 1727
>>
>>403980
Have strong need to build new grugoda in between those waterfalls
>>
>>403937
https://files.catbox.moe/bfapbw.mkv
>>
File: SPOTTED.png (3.75 MB, 2103x1183)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
Can't wait for the new thread. Got a bunch of comfy FrenZone screenshots to share. Also.

COON SPOTTED
>>
>>404208
Here I made a new thread since we're about 10 from bump limit >>404228
>>
>>404229
Wait until after bump limit, other /vm/ threads im in last for days beyond that and all you're doing is leaving two active threads up
>>
>>404236
anon it's 10 posts and daddy is impatient
>>
File: 2021-06-30_14-13-43.png (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
I think every town in the /vm/ serb having a statue of a patron deity, saint, etc. would be a cool idea. Any suggestions for each town?
>>
>>404238
>487 posts
>>
>>404239
I mean it could be cool. Maybe chickens/roosters for rimtown? I cannot really decide for any others. If anyone settles the desert a hyaena would be cool
>>
>>404243
Also I think that butterflies and bees are some underrated animals. Especially bees. If we get enough churches and shit I could see a huge candle market and already with how expensive mead is, someone should make a mega bee farm for some profits.
>>
>>404246
>>404243
They don't have to be animals btw, I just wanted to post this rat from the og spawn.
>>
File: post-this-rat-rat.gif (286 KB, 498x476)
286 KB
286 KB GIF
>>404252
>>
>>403900
>I think I've caused way more unironic issues, and negative feelings then Maldaris ever wished he could. And, I did it unintentionally believe it or not. He seems to relish in it. He's the last person I'd want to be.
What the fuck are you on about retard? Outside of one specific instance where I called you a retard for not claiming shit at spawn on your server, we've never actually had a negative interaction until now. You forget it's an anonymous imageboard newfag, there's been at least 4-5 posts the last few threads pretending to be me stirring shit. I went out of my way to even offer recommendations to you for server specs and alternative hosting to fix the issues you had, because I would have actually liked to see you succeed. Just say you don't know a damn thing about me and leave it at that instead of sticking your own foot so far up your ass you taste your knee.

>>403883
>my wreck made it on there
kek
>Tincadet and Toycadet are two different people
Deepest lore, they were for awhile. Dove gave TC admin to build shit with, and they shared Tincadet with Dainn.
>>
>>404239
saint Technobug
>>
>>404310
Imma give u sum tech bug kno wa am saym
>>
>>404304
Solaris/Maldaris here. I am aggressively horny from this post. Time to cum to ss13 furry rp
>>
>>404310
Technobug is a filthy, traitorous rat.
>>
>>
>>404310
Techno's a bitch. Fuck you
>>
>>404243
rimtown's is a dick
>>
god imagine vintage story without minecraft blocks
>>
>>407846
god imagine your ass without my dick in it bitch boy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.