[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CoH logo.png (53 KB, 211x169)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
City of Heroes is back from the dead! You will want the Sweet Tea launcher from http://files.thunderspygaming.net/sweet-tea/ to start. (Now if you're concerned about unknown software, you can submit this to any malware registry and it will come back clean. Security certificate is paid for but taking time.Also the game will NOT finish loading if you have an instance of CoH already running. ) And while that's getting set up you can watch a video that makes ALL gamers look good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMnAaa83Jk...
In the meantime, I'm your OP and you can call me Shill. (You will anyway so why not own it?) I play mostly on the Thunderspy server and know the most about it. (Don't worry, there are plenty of choices in the next post.) But we are also alerting other servers about this thread in the hopes that they can give themselves fair representation as well.
And finally for those that don't know the game already, City of Heroes is an MMO about Superheroes/ Supervillains you create set in a modern city.
>>
File: cohmmunity2.png (753 KB, 1067x1049)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
Next up is choosing a private server. Note that Sweet Tea comes pre loaded with many of these but you will want the sites for account creation instructions.
All of the servers on this list get along with, and help each other.
Thunderspy https://www.thunderspygaming.net/
Rebirth https://play.cityofheroesrebirth.com/
We Have Cake https://wehavecake.net/
Unity https://cityofheroesunity.com/portal/public/
Also check out the new community website at https://cohmmunity.com/cohmmunity/index.php/en/
>>
File: over 9000.png (46 KB, 1215x233)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Then there's these guys just to offer a full selection. Directly descended from the folks that kept the game hidden with lies, deceit, and gas-lighting for 6 years. And it will come as no surprise they don't get along with or help other servers.
Homecoming https://forums.homecomingservers.com/
Ask them about "the talks" for a laugh. Pic is from November 2019.
>>
Doing a small theme in the thread this time around. In previous threads I've been telling the story of a SG origin and in this thread I plan to regularly post all the previous installments so those interested might catch up.

Pic related is Moaning Desire. The public "face" of The Base Raiders Super Group. She was responsible for most of the recruiting for what became the largest Super Group yet recorded*. Those who research her will discover soon enough she has either an obsession or connection, perhaps both, to the being known as "Rularuu". Although what or why that might be is far from clear...

*For a time Thunderspy had increased SG member limits to 300, but The Base Raiders nearly broke the server when they went over 200 members on each of 2 separate occasions. They were the only SG to hit those numbers.
>>
I'm leveling a character on rebirth and picking up a lot of low-level set recipes. A lot of there aren't better than DOs or SO enhancments. Should I just sellt hem, or is there some other use for them?
this is on rebirth
>>
>>393322
Well, as you said on discord you intended to get to level 50, unless there are some procs you want like Kismet, probably safe to just sell them to vendor.
>>
Hi guys. Thought I'd post here myself to encourage other roleplayers to come to Rebirth villain side. It's always nice to have more edgelords around making freaky character concepts.
>>
Can I RP/ERP
>>
File: Shortstacks.png (390 KB, 424x501)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>393406
>Can I RP/ERP

Well I don't really do either so I wouldn't feel right about judging your ability to do so.

Meanwhile this Saturday night on Thunderspy there's a server costume contest! Dr. Brain is hoping to emphasize the expanded head, arm, and leg sliders we updated recently.
>>
>>393406

Well I do both though the latter of course would need to stay private. If you play Rebirth add @Sean1M as a friend (that's me of course XD).
>>
Quick reminder that none of the servers in the 2nd post care if you make a copyrighted character
>>
>>394305
It's really only Homecoming. Homecoming are spoiled brats.
>>
>>394324
While that's entirely true, it's better to build up the smaller servers than to tear HC down in general. New folks that know nothing of the past dramas would be put off by constantly hating on HC. New folks want to come to a happy server where they have more options, so that's in our shared best interests.

In other City of Heroes news I've just read Thunderspy will have a patch tomorrow. I'm also aware that Rebirth's quarterly patch should be out fairly soon as well. Unity is working on some stuff I'm sure will be brilliant and I'm unsure of Cake's patch schedule.
>>
Still waiting on official Tspy patch notes. In the meantime I have this..

Many mastermind primary sets, especial beast mastery, will be buffed. Max notoriety will be increased to +5.
>>
Ok official patch notes. Had to back off on Noteriety changes for now.

MM - Beast Mastery:
* Howler Wolf:
- Bumped S/L resistances from 0.075 -> 0.12
- Bumped Cold res from 0.075 -> 0.15, added equivalent Fire res
* Alpha Wolf:
- Bumped S/L resistances from 0.075 -> 0.12
- Bumped Cold res from 0.075 -> 0.15, added equivalent Fire res
- Brought over changes to add -Range from Howler Wolf as Bannable forgot the Alpha Wolf was a thing
* Lioness:
- Bumped S/L resistances from 0.12 -> 0.15
- Bumped Cold res from 0.12 -> 0.17, added equivalent Fire res
* Dire Wolf:
- Bumped S/L res from 0.12 -> 0.17
- Bumped Cold res from 0.12 -> 0.21, added equivalent Fire res

MM - Soldiers:
* Medic:
- Removed Serum
- Automatic Pistol damage scale increased 0.82 -> 1.96, end cost 5.32 -> 10.192
* Spec Ops
- Brawl damage increased from 0.84 -> 2.92
- Bean Bag damage increase from 0.2 -> 3.56
- Snipe Damage increased from 2.56 -> 2.92
* Commando
- Brawl damage increased from 0.84 -> 2.92
- LRM Rocket damage scale increased to 2.49 -> 3.09

MM - Knight:
* Chop damage scale lowered from 1.8 -> 1.64, end cost 8.52 -> 10.66
* Beheader damage scale lowered from 2.2 -> 1.96, end cost 10.192 -> 12.74
* Whirling Axe damage scale lowered from 1.5 -> 1.181818182, end cost 13 -> 16.9
* Archers:
- Now use the Critter version of Rain of Arrows along with the new pseudopet creation system reducing total damage
* Men At Arms:
- Lowered Bash CD from 6s -> 4s
- Whirling Mace damage increased 1.12 -> 1.181818182 and end cost from 5 -> 13.52
- Jawbreaker damage increased from 1.96 -> 2.28, recharge lowered from 16 -> 12, end cost 5 -> 11.856

cont
>>
>>394519
MM - Necromancy:
* Fix scale on MM - Necromancy Life Drain from 1.64 -> 0.41, end cost from 14.66 -> 10.66
* Lich:
- Correctly tagged Torrent by taking off the Negative_Energy tag, as it does not do Negative damage.
(edited)
[7:01 AM]
Rikti Mothership Raid:
* Fixed the Rikti Master at Arms spamming the AV triangle PFX
[7:01 AM]
# Back Weapons
* Ralaruu dual blades draw
* Vanguard pulse rifle rotated correctly
>>
>>394360
I wholeheartedly agree. Hence why I'm promoting Rebirth. It's a little empty still right now, especially villain side. But I'd love to draw more people, especially roleplayers, in and the community it has is pretty dang awesome.
>>
>>394702
if rebirth has a lot of roleplayers can you take a guy named Platinum#1750 under your wing
>>
File: Reduvia_-_Front.png (265 KB, 385x600)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>394706
Rebirth doesn't yet have much in the way of roleplay. But getting more people to join certainly would fix that.
>>
>>394706
Oh hush. Platinum is a treasure!

Had the server CC on Tspy tonight! Theme was fantasy, which I ignored. In Pic related we have a couple of Oompa Loompas, a big baby, and the back of a Mickey.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>395146
>>395148
>>395149
>>395150
>>395151
>>395140
>>395143

where are the good costumes
>>
File: Infestation_-_Flying.png (261 KB, 425x596)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
I made my wasp villain Infestation in Rebirth recently.
>>
So I've seen people post pictures of Mastermind henchmen who are actually customized. How do I do that? I've never played this game before, but I love pet classes and I've had my eye of CoH for a while because of it.
>>
Dipped out of this whole thing while the servers were getting sorted, then got into college and haven't kept up. What's a good server to join and what's a shit server to avoid?
>>
>>395438
Don't join Homecoming. They're jerks.

I play on Rebirth. It's a good server to join if you're looking for an experience close to the original game. But it currently is fairly inactive.

In terms of more added content I hear Thunderspy is really good.
>>
>>395438
Play on thunderspy it's the best. You should try thunderspy, it's really fun there.
Why not join thunderspy? You'll be welcome here.
>>
>>395431
Thunderspy is still the only one with pet customization. As well as an expanded color palette among other improvements. Customizing pets also costs no inf (in game currency) so you can do it without restriction.

>>395438
ALL of the servers listed in the second post of this thread will give you a warm welcome! On HC you'll just be another player at best. At worst you'll be labeled an "ist" or "ism". (True story! Happened to me when I told a group I enjoyed 4chan.) So be alert for that.
>>
>>395586
Holy shit, that's awesome. I'm gonna make a brain in a jar robot villain who commands an army of wetware cyborgs.
>>
>>395641
You will enjoy thunderspy. Welcome to thunderspy, brother.
You will receive a complimentary gift package when you create your account as a token of our appreciation.
>>
>>393319
Frank continued talking to Sally as he loaded their weekend gear into the bed of the blue pickup, hoping she was listening instead of having her face in some device. He was a rugged outdoors man at 6' tall in his camo jacket. She was rather attractively built lady with red hair at around 5'6" tall and seemed addicted to social media and Entertainment Weekly. They were heading up to his hunting lodge and just about ready to head out.

"So we all go back into the barracks after they launch the CE rounds, and we come back out very shortly every man in PPE and gas masks.Not so many of us in pants." Just then his phone went off with the text message tone. Frank pulls out his phone and sees it's from his old friend Mary, but it's only a picture of a dim 7-11 sign.It's a sign he recognizes though as the store closest to his hunting lodge.

"Honey it looks like we're making a pitstop before we get there."

As they pulled up to the 7-11, they saw Mary slumped on the ground against the window outside the store, her head lolled to the side in a concerning way. Her clothes, which weren't suited for the fast approaching night looked ripped and stained in several places. Her hair was also blue, but it had been some time since Frank had seen her so that was probably unrelated. She had a paper bag on either side of her as well.

Frank and Sally got out of the truck with Frank immediately calling out "Mary?" to no visible response.
>>
File: first_start.png (1.09 MB, 1870x1202)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>395586
Continuing on the tutorial graphics Joe made, both Rebirth and Thunderspy use Paragon rewards the way live did at shutdown with some modifications. Thunderspy grants you a full set of tokens right off while Rebirth builds you up with 1 token a week plus 1 a month. (Thunderspy also grants a token a week but quite frankly that code doesn't work reliably.)
>>
>>395995
Again with a graphic Joe made. This is #3 of 4. Collect the whole set!
>>
File: gear_up_guide_v01.png (3.12 MB, 2538x2196)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
>>396421
D'OH!
>>
>>396423
>>
I'm >>395438, joined Thunderspy. It's fucking great, people are awesome. Some dude gave me 2 million inf for joining and asking for help and two people joined my team to run an RP dungeon. Unironically best first day in an MMO I've ever had
>>
>>395438
Thunderspy is nice, have you tried it?
>>
File: Statesman logo.png (23 KB, 300x299)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
Always good to hear folks are having fun on the small servers. :)
>>
File: Chryisalis_Loby.png (3.22 MB, 1920x992)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
I've been trying to get some roleplay going in Rebirth. You can join the RP and OOC chat channels if you want to help revive it. I've been doing a thing building my own faction. A gene splicing company called Chrysalis which is run by my villainous moth mum Reduvia.
>>
>>397219
Have you given any thought to making AE missions to give your group more of a presence? I'm thinking of doing that for my Mastermind.
>>
>>397219
That is AWESOME! Go redside!
>>
Cake has a patch today!

- A new vendor is now in all 3 zones next to the trainer!
No longer will you need to wait for one of our awesome GMs to be available!
"Auto GM Purr" will now grant upon request, instant level 50,
unlock your incarnate slots,
give ALL salvage needed for crafting your incarnate powers FREE,
2 billion influence (and a badge!),
tickets,
merits,
unslotters,
catalysts,
boosters unlimited times,
the helpful accolades, and all enhancements available at no cost organized by type and name and Hami-o's for all!
-Please note that auto level 50 is only available until level 10,
after 10 you will need to be power leveled, buy a 50 token booster or level the old fashioned way.
- Dominator ATO sets are now able to properly slot at level 10. Superior versions still require level 50 to slot.

Todays QOL Feature Update part 2 (Because Purr forgot something)
- Starting zones in all 3 areas now contain level neutral mobs. Yes your level 50 can now street sweep right along side your level 1 friend!
>>
>>397443
its not cake anymore
>>
What's a good MM secondary for all the Primaries? I'm trying to make one MM that changes his experiments to make the different minions and I want his secondary to be a connective theme.
>>
>>397589
Well /Dark and /Traps are pretty good everywhere.
>>
>>397589
traps is the best and will destroy everything
>>
You never post events, or the results of contests here, we just get gay shit and info dumps. Logged on the other day it's like orcs vs marines check our hecking discord for details!!!!
>>
>>397626
Have you tried Thunderspy? There's always something to do there, we even have a channel for looking for groups!
>>
>>397628
I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic.
>>
>>397626
Please check out..
>>395140
>>395143
>>395146
>>395148
>>395149
>>395150
>>395151
>>
The character creator in City of Heroes has millions of possible combinations and many swear it's still one of the best out there. And many servers have improved over what we initially got.
>>
Rebirth has some exciting additions to the costume creator coming soon!
>>
Thunderspy will have TRIPLE XP turned on tonight and lasting through monday for Labor Day weekend. Also a special event will happen on monday!
>>
>>393293
never playes this game, is this purely for nostalgia or is it worth playing nowadays
>>
>>398673
Play on Thunderspy.
>>
>>398673

I have no nostalgia ties and let me tell you. I love this fudging game. The thing is older than WoW yet it's character customization beats out just about everything short of Spore. The gameplay, although old fashioned, is quite fun still and the world is really interesting with some cool worldbuilding to it.

Needless to say I recommend trying it. If the old graphics aren't a turn off then you should have a good time. After all it's free. What do you have to lose?
>>
I personally recommend Rebirth if you want to experience a version closer to the original. If you don't mind a lot of fan modification the Thunderspy is where you want to go. Or download both servers and check them both out. No harm in that.
>>
>>398673
I never did either, and I recommend it. Community rocks and Tspy's customization in particular blows everything else right the fuck out. You can't make waifus down to the angle of their nipples, like BDO, but you CAN make a giant giga-bot who follows around a chick dressed like Alice in Wonderland and whose passage caused the world to bloom to life around him like it's fucking Okami, and then you can create a decent simulation of him diving into the ground to burrow his way around the city by giving him a totally different pathing graphic, an invisible outfit, and an animated macro of him jumping into the air and punching the ground to create a smoke cloud before he swaps from one to the other.
>>
Ok Rebirth is doing 2x XP this weekend!
Thunderspy is doing 3x XP this weekend! (But their normal xp scale is 1.5, so it's effectively doubled.)

It's a great time to try out BOTH servers! New folks are always welcomed and free to ask questions regardless of prior experience with City of Heroes!
>>
File: wage cage.jpg (399 KB, 700x1080)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
Villain side event on Thunderspy on Mon the 6th at 9pm EST. Description follows..

There's a tense air in sharkhead Island of late, The scrapyarders sent in mass requests to the Cage Consortium for a holiday and were denied, many saw this as the final straw in a long line of workers rights violations and are rallying to unionize with whispers of a plan to shut down the entire island until their rights are recognized.

Upon hearing the rumors The Cage Consortium declared mandatory unpaid overtime on the date instead with a threat that anyone absent from work will be arrested. The response to this was dissent even within the ranks of the Consortium's security guards. Word is that Kirk Cage himself is planning a response and has been seen inviting Brokers to his offices to get in contact with the local Super Villains.

The situation is a powder keg and the scrapyarders have set a date to light the fuse.
>>
im hearing a lot about character creation but nothing about actual gameplay
>>
>>399163
Running late for work, but the easiest way to find out is to just jump in. Thunderspy and Rebirth are both running an xp multiplier this weekend, so it's a great time to do just that!
>>
>>399163

You have a wide choice of power options that all play quite differently. The gameplay itself uses buttons in a tray. You can activate these by clicking them or pressing the corresponding keys mapped to those buttons. The game operates on an enemy target system though some AOE attacks center on yourself rather than a target.

Progression is like most MMOs. You expand into harder areas as you level. At level 4 you gain access to the power pool where you can unlock new powers like superspeed, medical aid, flight or teleportation.

I find jumping really fun in this game.
>>
>>399163
Just play on Thunderspy :)
>>
File: faceoff.png (993 KB, 1126x610)
993 KB
993 KB PNG
>>
>>399163
Ok how about this tidbit then? Other games have you struggle against the most meager enemies. Aren't you tired of having a deathmatch against a rat? Always worried that another will engage you before you're done with the first?

The City of Heroes devs knew THAT was NO way to feel SUPER, so here's what they did. Every player character is assumed to be equal to 3 equal level minions from the lowest levels to the highest. Sometimes it's a Lt + a minion, and sometimes it's a boss.

Of course not all characters will be combat monsters and some will be much stronger. It's all good.

Or maybe you've noticed in other games you "need" a Tanker, a Healer, and some Damage Dealers or you can't get the job done? Well that works in CoH too, it's just not "needed". When forming a team, veteran players will tell you to just "bring what you want" and it works!

Final factoid. City of Heroes came out before WOW did in the same year. It plays differently from WOW or any clones. It could just be the breath of fresh air you've been craving without knowing.
>>
This is a surprise, i completely missed these CoH threads back when i was looking for them when i was playing in the Homecoming Servers, who are apparently assholes dang, guess i'm switching.

Which launcher should i download to play both in Rebirth and Thunderspy servers? Sweet tea or Sunrise?
>>
>>399679
Either will work and comes preloaded with several manifests including both Thunderspy and Rebirth.
>>
File: PB.png (1.47 MB, 1585x909)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>399679
why is homecoming assholes?
i was on there for a while like 2 years ago.
if i come back to COH what server should i join?
IIRC all the hate for homecoming was just pointless tolling and internet drama from brazilian psychopaths.
anyway, do people actually put effort into their heros these days? or do 90% of them have shit costumes and no backstory or fluff.
>>
>>399694
>why is homecoming assholes?
Whatever this is talking about apparently >>393299
>>
File: Alternatives.jpg (338 KB, 1242x740)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>399694
>Why is Homecoming assholes?
Well 1st understand the issue is with the leadership of HC. Most of their populace hasn't a clue.

But the driving "why" is it's believed Cipher wants to be able to charge folks for CoH the way he does another game. And as long as there are free options he can't do that.

It's even worse when other servers do what HC says can't be done.
>>
File: smol.webm (807 KB, 650x684)
807 KB
807 KB WEBM
>>399694
In no particular order
>started by the people who hid the game for 6.5 years after it was shut down and ran a secret server that only the chosen few were ever allowed to even know about
>currently run by a guy with no history with or interest in the game, who's only involved because he has some weird obsession with having sole custodianship over dead MMOs, and has done all of the shady shit he's doing now with other games (Earth and Beyond being the most recent prior example apparently)
>Only the largest population because they were first, and were only first because the aforementioned people that hid the game for 6.5 years hobbled other people's attempts to get a server going by withholding information and even outright lying to them
>horribly mismanaged leadership - despite claims of transparency, development and moderation is completely opaque even amongst people further down the hierarchy, GMs/mods are allowed to operate independently and with total impunity simply because there's no oversight, no one knows who the devs are or what they're working on, "community managers" don't speak with devs so they just basically make shit up because they know exactly as much as the other players (ie.nothing)
>horribly mismanaged financials, servers are either grossly overprovisioned or otherwise there's massive embezzlement because the monthly maintenance fees cost literally 10-20 times more than any other server, and it isnt because of scale or traffic because their population has dropped to 10% of its peak over and "server costs" have only gone up.
>underhanded shit keeps happening to all of their competitors, from hacking/doxxing attempts to DDOSing to false DMCA claims of streamers/youtube channels/ads/anything having to do with competing servers - see clips.twitch.tv/AffluentYawningHumanAMPEnergyCherry-bZr0-T-WgOIHRaAs
>despite having far more devs and resources than other servers they have the least new content and the slowest dev time of any server
1/2
>>
File: TOL.webm (665 KB, 722x830)
665 KB
665 KB WEBM
>>399910
2/3 (looks like I need more space than I thought)
>despite being exactly as much of an illegitimate pirate server as any of the other ones, they maintain this LARP of legitimacy, with a TOS cribbed from lineage 2 inserted into their login screen and indemnity clauses and NDAs for devs they've scalped from other servers. they also either maintain or do nothing to disabuse their audience of the lie that they're "In talks with NCsoft" regarding acquiring the (exclusive) license to distribute the game, which does nothing but act as a catch-all excuse for their poor behavior (they have to do X/not do X because of the talks) and as something to reinforce tribalism against other servers and foment ill-will in an already shrinking community ("you're jeopardizing the game by bringing attention to your server, dont poke the bear, if you get NCsoft upset they'll take away the game, once we're legit you're all going to get C&D'd and we'll laugh and laugh," etc)
>the TOS they plagiarized from lineage 2 has been adapted over the last 2 years to be weirdly draconic, as you're not allowed to make anything resembling a copyrighted character INCLUDING any characters based around villian/hero groups in-game (so you're not allowed to violate copyright in a game whose copyright you're violating simply by playing it, and yes i assume that DOES mean your arachnos soldiers and widows cant be affiliated with arachnos, make sense out of that), AS WELL as not being allowed to make characters based around "controversial subjects," whatever the fuck that means. This is of course all assuming you run across a GM that actually wants to nail you to the wall for it, see prior comment about their jannies acting with impunity and zero oversight.
>>
File: h9c44l5fcyt61.jpg (1.3 MB, 3865x3720)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>399910
>>399937
3/3
>what few balance changes they actually do demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the game, and an (at best) surface level understanding of why the balance change needs to happen in the first place - Brutes for example were being played far, far more than tankers (or really any other AT) because brutes do significantly more damage than tankers, and keeping/maintaining aggro is less of a priority than killing mobs.The ACTUAL problem there is that there's a lack of distinction in roles between the melee ATs since the game had evolved from its original concept of a slow-paced dungeon crawler with ATs performing defined functions, to "lol steamroll instances." Homecoming's solution was to make Tankers do more damage than Brutes.
In short, Homecoming is run by people that dont care about the game and may even be actively exploiting its fanbase, yet who are determined to undermine any other effort to build on or further develop the game simply because they really, really want to be the only show in town.
>>
>>399694
So now you've had a few answers. You've seen there are wounds that will not heal easily They seem to be offended we EXIST and we are tired of them lashing out at every other server.

And the 3rd post>>393299
was mentioned as well. You might wonder why even mention them at all? I think it's an entirely fair question even if no one has ever actually asked it. The answers are many. Including them here keeps them from making another thread that would annoy mods. It helps to include the WHOLE community.

We're here on 4chan because they actively try to shut us out of the conversations anywhere else, often with biased moderator backing. But the mods here don't care about disagreements between servers, only about enforcing 4chan and board rules. In theory that makes it an even contest when an HCDrone pops in, but they quickly discover they will lose to an anon overwhelmingly in a fair contest.

I'd also like to make it entirely clear that HC players are entirely as welcome as anyone to post here. I believe it's entirely possible to have civil conversations, but a "Don't start none, won't be none" rule is in effect. And I understand that may seem harsh, but from my view it's giving folks a better chance than HC thinks about giving us. Also the healing has to start somewhere.
>>
Ok i'm having a tech issue and hoping some anons here could help since i'm tech illiterate

I'm trying to create a desktop shortcut for the Sweet-tea launcher and while it works fine if i open it from the start menu or file explorer the desktop shortcut wont open and gives me an error about missing or not found .dll files, which i actually have in the same file as the sweet tea launcher and if i click and drag one of the .dll files to the desktop shortcut so i get the (+ open with sweet-tea) message the desktop shortcut works it's annoying to have to open the file location and drag and drop a .dll file to make the shortcut work.
Is there a way to make it find the .dll automatically?
>>
>>400195
Nevermind fixed it, just had to create a shortcut then cut and paste that shortcut to desktop and somehow that worked.
Fuck the google results for this problem they were terrible.
>>
>>400200
Glad it worked! The server discords all have tech support sections if you, or anyone else, have any more issues.
>>
REMINDER: thunderspy is full of huehuehues teacher's pets that openly dox members for bantz
>>
>>400684
Dazed and confused here makes untrue claims and will never present evidence.

Wage Cage event on Thunderspy in Shark happening in a few minutes!
>>
File: FxDesign.png (48 KB, 182x149)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
Be a Content Contributor

>Official Guide to Costume Design in CoH
https://thunderspygaming.boards.net/thread/46/official-guide-costume-design-coh

>Official Guide to FX Design in CoH
https://thunderspygaming.boards.net/thread/57/official-guide-fx-design-coh
>>
>>400178
>I'd also like to make it entirely clear that HC players are entirely as welcome as anyone to post here.
As soon as I mention playing on homecoming or criticize thunderspy I get called a shill.
>>
Whats the servers highest pop and timezone anyway? When i hopped in just now they were quite empty villain side but that just might be my timezone.
>>
>>401010
it's homecoming and specifically the excelsior shard. villain side is pretty dead everywhere though, you need to organize to get people over there. They let you cheat and instantly side swap on HC, but that's probably part of the cause. Hopefully some other server overtakes them soon because they have become washed up cunts and the shittiest server not worthy of their population. Reminds me of the situation with everyone playing on Nasomi FFXI servers because of the sunk cost. It's just a matter of time before it implodes if all the other servers keep improving while HC does jack shit.
>>
>>401049
>villain side is pretty dead everywhere though, you need to organize to get people over there.
Well shit villain side is my standard, i don't think i ever actually played hero side past the tutorial.
>>
>>401000
>Or criticize Thunderspy
Was there something unclear about "Don't start none, won't be none"?

If you can't wrap your head around the idea that it's possible to build up something (in a more general sense than just CoH servers) without tearing something else down, then this thread will be rough for you.

But you DO have other options even if this thread has a lock on City of Heroes on /vm/. You can post on /v/ or /vg/ just like any other anon. Sure threads there won't last as long and someone will likely point to this thread in the process, but you can be as critical and negative as you like.

In the meantime, relax. Chill out. Go enjoy City of Heroes on one of the many great servers out there.
>>
>>401133
Fuck off.
>Make server "no moderation"
>Have about 4 tranny mods who shit up the game with "events" and npc role play that completely breaks the character they're roleplaying as.

What the fuck was that Cage one. So fucking stupid holy shit. Do your God damn research.
>>
>>401083
I can recall when Thunderspy actually had a majority of villains most of the time. But time has passed and that's not true anymore.

However Thunderspy DOES still have a proportionately higher villain population than other servers. (Largest Sg on the server is still redside!)
>>
Patch day on Thunderspy!

# Features
* Notoriety level scaling can go to +5 now
* Snazzy new notoriety tab in mission menu
# Backend
* Changes to Lua scripting engine for future work
* Cleaned up some unused code related to Koreans
* Fixed the TF death report to not print garbage text
* Ensured we properly activate our SSE optimizations for both the client and server.
>>
>>401133
>can say nigger
>can't say balance changes are stupid
wow free speech is great
>>
>>401147
who cares.
>>
>>401177
I care.
>>
What in the fuck is going on here, this thread gets worse literally every time I look at it.
>>
post you are toons.
>>
File: backup dancers.png (618 KB, 787x611)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
>>
File: Gnomeland.jpg (124 KB, 1220x610)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
File: Tentacle hair.png (313 KB, 504x404)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>
>>
File: Tritonia.png (2.2 MB, 1432x848)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
I once again am posting Tritonia, Head of the Lemurian royal guard
>>
>>401137
No, it still does have more players on villain side
>>
>>401493
>>401446
>>401444
>>401440
>>401427
>>401443
why don't you ever post your own screenshots, shill?
>>
>>401409
It's a paid poster so that HC can point here and say "thunderspy is a 4chan server!". There's only activity from one user that keeps the threads bumped and he posts like this is his facebook feed.
>>
>Thunderspergs commenting on my posts of truth by denying that they don't know how to run things.

Also how's that fucking Battletech writer shit coming on? Wasn't that the big thing to get someone who's actually good to write lore for your lazy asses? What about open world pop? where's that? Dynamic Duo?

You're not even prepared for anything. you just throw shit around and pray people like it. Get your QA server up to test shit. Get people to actually use it. Give them rewards or Inf ingame for testing your shit.

Honestly how is this shit even still up?
Please you're like the only good server. Fucking do shit.
>>
MAGIC
>>
File: 1496445706661.jpg (33 KB, 429x450)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
TECHNOLOGY
>>
File: 1430019735904.jpg (25 KB, 300x300)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
MUTANT
>>
File: 1426818166989.jpg (173 KB, 600x528)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
NATURAL
>>
File: 1466806566041.jpg (312 KB, 880x916)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
SCIENCE
>>
File: 1448320242177.jpg (73 KB, 580x375)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
BY YOUR ORIGINS COMBINED, THIS IS CITY OF HEROES!
>>
>>401682
sad thing is that they will just call you a homocumming shill despite the fact that we've held on to hope that these faggots could be the alternative for 2 years now. How did so many weird fucking balance changes happen? It's not even the same game. The new content is cool but why did you have to fuck with everything in the game?
>>
>>395790
The shop owner stepped outside. "I offered to call her an ambulance when she came in, but she said friends were gonna pick her up. Then she came out here and went limp like she is now."

Sally approached with Frank. She didn't know this Mary but plainly she needed help. That was obvious to anyone with eyes..

Frank said "Thank you." to the Store owner and looked back at Mary. "Mary can you hear me?" as he stood about 3 feet away and examined her. She was still unresponsive with a bit of drool hanging from her mouth. He also noticed she had scratches on her forearms and her pants were ripped at her shins. "Defensive wounds" he thought. Mary had been attacked but he had no real idea what by yet. She wasn't actively bleeding and no blood spatters were near her. Then he noticed the bags.

One bag had "Frank" written on it and the other "Sally".

"Frank" Sally spoke with some concern "Why is my name on that bag? I've never met Mary before."

"I don't know." Frank replied. "A lot of this isn't making sense, but she needs our help." he said as he reached to check her pulse at the neck..
>>
>>401682
the problem is we need a pop to have people test qa, and we can't get that because of people like you complaining that things are untested. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy
>>
>>401869
Well go and fucking advertise. oh wait you can't because we report every ad you put out.
>>
>>401968
every ad gets reported.*

how do you edit on here?
>>
File: Unamused Marian.png (120 KB, 300x300)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>401970
>>401968
>>
>>401970
you need to buy a 4chan gold pass to edit your posts

edit: see
>>
>>401994
based.
edit: cringe
>>
>>401781
What weird balance changes?
>>
>>402090
Dazed and confused couldn't tell you. He's not coherent enough to notice things like increasing hostage perception and run speed. Or to explain any of the reworked powersets. And in the process of pulling shit out his ass he would forget that SCORE changed shit around for 6 years before it became HC.

If you want as close as currently possible to what live was, it's either Rebirth or start your own server.
>>
>>402201
"Dazed and confused"? Did you mean to call me a retard? What kind of insult is that?

Thunderspy made balance tweaks to every fucking armor set in the game. Changed tons of powers like the t9s entirely even though the playerbase at the time was like 5 people. Too many balance changes made without any oversight because of lack of players that aren't retards
>>
File: clue free.png (657 KB, 1033x610)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
>>
>>401587
I literally did, im not the guy posting the other one but I did make tritona
>>
>>402660
Is that supposed to be your own OC alien race? Based if so.
>>
>>402340
Name a balance change that's actually bad and stuck around. Just making a blanket statement of "It's bad because it's different" isn't actually informative. The same things you're saying about Thunderspy are equally applicable to HC with how you layed them out. Case in point HC proliferating a bunch of powers to archetypes that have no business with those powers. Such as Masterminds having Kinetics. Kinetics is practically worthless on a mastermind outside of it's damage boost ability and has no synergy with it's pets. If you're going to be a stupid faggot at least put some effort into it.
>>
>>402820
Powerset proliferation is not the same thing as fucking with every powerset in the game for your own personal ideas of balance. HC has not tweaked that much compared to live balance outside of the butcher job they did with blasters/tankers.
>>
File: No pants dream.png (749 KB, 1085x610)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
>>
File: AE.gif (655 KB, 1081x610)
655 KB
655 KB GIF
>>402972
Read this and I'm thinking "HOW many Spines?Fire Brutes farm AE on HC? Isn't it around HALF of all characters created?"

That's from ONE (1) power proliferation on HC that was not on a Blaster or a Tanker.

Nothing on Thunderspy or any other i24 server has impacted gameplay anywhere as much.

(This is why I kinda like Dazed and confused being our current troll form HC/Cipher. He just can't manage to carry a thought out fully. I mean statistically he should have hit on something by now but he's his own worst enemy and I appreciate him for it.))
>>
>>402687
Lemurians, so like Atlanteans but pacific, but yes.
>>
>>402972
Name literally one change you don't like. It can't be that hard if you're so opinionated on it and not just shit flinging. I gave you something specific with Masterminds and Kinetics. there's other bullshit like "tactical arrow" that HC created just to jerk off blasters and step all over the toes of "Trick arrow". There's also the retarded version of Ninjutsu for Scrappers. something that was unique to stalkers. because retards can't play a similar class, but with stealth they opted to hand it over to the more popular class choice. Then there's the entire custom Class "Sentinel". The "I want to be tanky but I still want to be a blaster" class that's a fucking mess. Power proliferation just homogenizes classes that are already hard pressed to be unique. There's a reason .spines/fire Brute is the go to for farming. So much so that they have to remove it when doing a census. Your stupid ass is going to claim it's not a bad change.
>>
what AT lets me train my ass
>>
File: 5th Column.png (667 KB, 948x564)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
GOD I HATE NIGGERS
>>
>>403097
blaster

>>403162
based
>>
>>403097
Blaster, considering you're constantly being assraped
>>
>>403042
And there it is. Like I said. If you put out any criticism then you get called a HC troll/shill. It's some dumbass shit. The argentenian pedophile server listens to my complaints.
>>
>>403094
All those changes you mentioned are way better than the fan fic shit on thunderspy. How can you complain about minor tweaks while completely changing entire sets on a whim?
>>
it's a travesty that the only server putting out decent updates is also ran by retards who have no experience with the game. You've broke the cottage rule on nearly every set
>>
>>403285
provide evidence
>>
File: Principal Chalmers.png (496 KB, 610x610)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>>403281
>>403283
>>403285
>>
>>403283
AH I think I know what ones he has a problem with: AR, DP, and HL considering those are literally the only ones that have gotten a major rework.
>>
>>401968
The day HC dies ill kick on a livestream mocking all of you faggots
>>
>>403281
>the shill cries out as they strike you
>>
>>403283
So you can't even be assed to name a single change you don't like? There's a whole discord full of reported issues. I can continue to cite examples of the dumb broken shit HC does. how about the retarded incarnate prestige level that completely invalidates that system?
Why do you insist on being a lying faggot? Literally kill yourself, you're gaslighting for a old game you psycho.
>>
Home from work and it's time for some City of Heroes!
>>
>>403577
Already named a change that you ignored while sperging out about me being a shill. pathetic
>>
just flip through your patch notes and find a powerset in the game that you DIDN'T fuck with. You guys changed everything. Why? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kL_V8rwQJB8DXN3OjUvpFSJ3sa3OzEgdqAuJ7Pi6bFE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>404191
Because our devs know how to balance things better, you should try playing on Thunderspy.
>>
Had fun last night! 4 different characters leveled!
>>
reminder resident boylover "King of /Pol/" owns thunderspy
>>
>>404190
>"fucking with every powerset "
>"Name a balance change that's actually bad and stuck around."
What was the actual change you didn't like? Why are you such a cock sucking shill? point to it you retard. "The powers were touched" is just a broad concept showing you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>404284
>>404032
Not your fucking blog. Also to the furnigger that does the videos PLEASE neck yourself.
>>
>>404528
I had some plain chicken and rice for dinner. Consider killing yourself first. Literally in a dead thread for a dead game, likely doing it for free.
>>
>thunderspy devs push their own launcher
>they recently added something that can delete files from your PC if they want to anytime
What the fuck is wrong with thundeshills? They literally can wipe your PC ANYTIME they want to. Fucking retards.
>>
>>404733
No. As usual you have it completely backward. Having no protection against a bad manifest telling your computer to do bad things IS LITERALLY A FEATURE OF TEQUILA. It's one of the stated reasons every other server moved AWAY from Tequila. It's why Cream Soda, which was a fork of Tequila, is no longer supported.

Now while the above is the truth, I'm not trying to panic uninformed HC players. If you don't mess with the manifest, Tequila will perform as intended. I might advise keeping a copy or 2 of the manifest in a safe place just in case.
>>
File: 1426400434346.png (609 KB, 820x793)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>404528
Wanna know a secret? I'm having fun playing City of Heroes right now! It's SO much easier than being angry all the time.
>>
Bros what the FUCK is Cit Yofh Eros?
>>
Sunday is a GREAT day for City of Heroes!
>>
>>404396
damn that explains a lot
>>
>>404528
Just for you, I uploaded a new Longplay video.
>>
I love Thunderspy and City of Heroes!
>>
Rebirth's 2nd update, Paths to Power, has been delayed due to technical issues. We will keep you updated.
>>
>>405701
This is a Thunderspy thread, please leave.
>>
The patch is LIVE on Rebirth!

Still reading through it but given the size of the patch notes and graphics/videos included with it and what I learned from a big patch LAST thread, I'm just gonna post the link instead of listing it here.

https://forum.cityofheroesrebirth.com/index.php/topic,178.msg450.html#msg450

Enjoy!
>>
>>405556
Link?
>>
>>405781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT5LvFgng64
>>
>>405864
Wait a fucking minute, Mandalore Plays CoH on the Thunderspy server?
Well damn that's a pretty great recommendation, guess i'm dropping rebirth for now.
>>
>>405872
thats not mandalore you jackass
>>
>>405921
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1rhbFDpweo&ab_channel=Mr.Lizard
I'm talking about this video, look at the first comment.
>>
>>405872
>>405924
you will never play with him
>>
>>405941
I know? I don't care enough about internet people to want that.
>>
>>405954
then why does it matter if he plays there?
>>
>>405959
Because i think he's a good reviewer with pretty good taste in video games, so i tend to try the stuff he recommends. Ergo if he plays on thunderspy i'll do too at first to see if it's that good then try the other servers like the bit of rebirth i played.
>>
>>405959
>>405973
That and the fact the games he recommends are usually on significant discounts, that's the top reason why i and my wallet like him and his reviews.
>>
>>405959
>>405941
I find this hilarious because the original argument was that ecelebs are good and the more the better and there would be none on Thunderspy because you could do racism.
>>
>>405980
I cannot speak on youtubers as I just don't know about that topic. However as I said in the OP, City of Heroes is free. I have paid no money on any of the servers listed and have full access to the game on all of them. On Thunderspy I led what became the largest SG to ever exist and have been promoted on the discord.
>>
Not to complain but outside of costume pieces I’m surprised they’re adding so much stuff to rebirth. Weren’t they supposed to kind of be the “time capsule” server or am I massively misremembering?
>>
>>406672
everyones desperate
>>
>>406672
For quite some time they WERE "as close to live at shutdown" as could be had. They are now proceeding forward as they think the live devs would have. And many of the key game systems still function just as live did. XP scale is 1.0 and you can outlevel contacts or flashback at the expected times to name some off of the top of my head. And if you want, you can just ignore almost all of the new stuff and still have the "live" experience if you really want that.

In all of this it should be remembered that the live servers didn't stay static either and that was part of the game's expectations.
>>
>>406692
Are they moving their motto to "Better than live?" because Thunderspy already has that.
>>
>>401440

Whoever posted this stole my screenshot. I don't even play anymore.
>>
>>406922
No stress! I can guarantee that one won't be used in this thread again. :)
>>
>>407058
>posts it again absent mindedly with the other 400 screenshots he stole from discord
>>
>>407271
1st. I was given permission to use it back in March of '19 preceding HC's streamer ban. As you are unlikely to convince anyone the shot was yours, I consider that permission to remain in effect.

2nd. Same pic can't be used twice in the same thread. How new ARE you?

At any rate, I have a wonderful day with City of Heroes ahead of me!
>>
Having fun on a Weekly Strike Target.
>>
File: Dummy Thicc.png (3.28 MB, 1655x791)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
>>
>>408339
stop posting pics of dead people
>>
File: Bobcat.jpg (384 KB, 1000x647)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>408339
Stop being dishonest.
>>
>>
On the schedule for today? More City of Heroes!
>>
I love thunderspy!
>>
Fuck me I don't know jack shit about your community drama, which server do I play on? Is there actually any fucking difference outside people screeching because their nerds are better than the other server's nerds?
>>
>>409227
Not the Thunderspy shill but i'm playing on thunderspy right now, how about you try that one?
>>
>>409227
Hell if you go redside we can play together, i'm the crab spider called soldier.
>>
>>409227
You should try Thunderspy.
>>
>>409227
Hello and thank you for asking! Before I start in on differences, please allow me to assure you that every server listed in the 2nd post >>393297
will greet you warmly and be glad to have you playing City of Heroes with them! Now in the order of the ones I know least about to most, some key features.

Unity. These nice folks tend to play in the European hours and have a 6x XP scale. They will also boost your 1st character to level 50 upon request.

Cake New Dawn. These fun folks will boost multiple characters to 50 and enjoy making stuff that sounds COOL, even if balance isn't always the 1st concern.

Rebirth. Great folks that are starting to add to the game. Just released their 2nd quarterly update. But if you are wanting the closest to what the game was when it was live, this is still the server that does that best.

Thunderspy. (This is the server I play on.) Tspy has been adding on to the base game for as long as they have been able, but with an eye towards maintaining game balance. Hands down the best version of the costume creator with more colors, more costume pieces, and expanded sliders in many areas. Also has gameplay innovations like never outleveling contacts and faster hostages with increased perception.
>>
>>401815
Suddenly Mary bolted into an upright sitting position, her eyes still closed. Frank pulled his hand back instictively at the motion. Mary's mouth opened into an "O" shape and something came out..

When they had time to talk about it later Frank and Sally would agree they hadn't heard anything exactly, and what they had seen was hard to pin down. But it appeared there was a.. distortion.. that radiated from Mary's mouth in a very short pulse. It was like they could only detect the distortion by the effects it had on the air as it passed in a ripple.

The distortion had passed through Frank and Sally and kept going.

Frank nearly lost his balance due to his own reactive motion but caught himself. Sally said "Frank, what the hell was that?", the concern still in her voice. "I don't know darlin, but nothing to be done for it now." Frank replied

Mary had slumped to the side again looking no more responsive than before. Frank approached again and put his fingers against her neck to check her pulse. Frank was no doctor, but the pulse felt strong and steady to him. "Seems most likely she's just passed out. I think she'll be safe with us at the cabin til she wakes up. Let's get her in the truck where it's warmer. She can sit btween us on the way there."

"Ok you handle that. I'm betting she'll want some snacks after whatever she's been through and some extra food is a decent idea too." Sally replied as she made her way into the store. 5 minutes of quick shopping later she came out with a couple of bags to find Frank standing by the side of the truck reading a letter.

He looked up and said "You've got one too." And sure enough there was an envelope marked "Sally. Please read now."
>>
>>
File: No pants dream1.png (722 KB, 1085x610)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
>>
Which server has the most players other than homecoming? Not trying to play an mmo alone
>>
>>410912
Right now it's a close contest between Thunderspy and Rebirth. Currently Rebirth is getting a slight edge due to streamers. BUT streamers and their followers don't tend to interact with the rest of the community. And so I leave the judgement up to you.
>>
And in other news, it's Talk Like a Pirate Day today! Pic related has 14 pirates from 1 MM looking for 1 more to join on a dead man's chest!
>>
File: No pants dream2.png (594 KB, 1085x610)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>>
File: 3 man Morty.png (638 KB, 761x610)
638 KB
638 KB PNG
>>
Another great day to play City of Heroes!
>>
Had a great time on Thunderspy tonight! Cathedral of Pain, iTrials, and LRSF. Evening isn't over either.
>>
>>394519
>nerfing knight MM attacks
lol they already did less damage than pool powers on top of being melee
>>
File: WOW it's NOTHING.jpg (250 KB, 956x1280)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>413151
They lowered the damage of MM personal attacks while buffing several pet attacks. *Yawns*
>>
File: 69.png (356 KB, 519x534)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>
>>410006
The letter was written in harsh strokes. As if speed was a far more importanat consideration than anything. "Dear Sally. I know how weird this is and I'm sorry. Sorry for this and so many other things. But I also know that after a while we will be the BEST of friends! So I may as well start making it up to you now. I put 2 other important things in the bag. A card with more money than you can think to use and 6 bags of your favorite snack. Dill pickle sunflower seeds. (Yes I know you haven't tried them yet, but you will LOVE them!)

There are so many things I wish I could have done differently. So many things you aren't ready to hear about yet. So many choices I had to make on my own. It wasn't right! But so help me I'd do it again to save so many. In time we will understand it all. LOL!

Oh by the way, the wifi signal at Frank's cabin isn't very good. You might check the store for a way to boost it or something.

Love Mary."

"Sally. Are you ok?" Frank said after she had finished reading.

"She says I love dill pickle sunflower seeds, but she knows I haven't had any yet. Is this ever going to stop being weird?" Sally asked.

"I have no idea" Frank replied. "You get a loaded card too?"

"Yeah"

"Tell ya what." Frank said "I'm not sure which way to go with any of this yet. But she gave us an easy test. Try a sunflower seed. If she was right about that, might be worth giving her some trust."
>>
Ah the first weekend of autumn approaches and it's another great opportunity to play City of Heroes!
>>
>>407271
>Stealing a screenshot
Lol
>>
>>415462
>>
Going to do rounds on a few City of Heroes servers tonight! See you there!
>>
File: eyechest.png (337 KB, 540x610)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>
Played on 3 servers tonight so far!
>>
Mayhem on one.
Costume mish on another.
And 2 SFs and a zombie invasion on yet another.
>>
It's a GREAT time to play some City of Heroes!
>>
File: S-Rabbit_Sheet.png (825 KB, 1152x769)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
[Rebirth] [Character Templates] Welcome to Chrysalis. It is our mission to bring out the you that you have always wanted through our gene splicing technology. Please check out our site (Google doc) here to browse our catalog: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1syDtHO83xFFz2RZjteWxGVcNvTiVuSOPVfe-eQRK4Z8/edit?usp=drivesdk

- OOC: Hi! I'm Sean1M. The Chrysalis Corporation is both a roleplay villain faction and a little character template project of mine. If you want to join my efforts bringing roleplay to Rebirth be sure to join the RP and OOC custom channels. Thanks for your time.
>>
I love Super Groups! Always been one of my passions in the game! Pic related is an early version of the Murderhole, the base for my SG.
>>
>>417377
what is this retarded niggerfaggotry
>>
>>
File: 1 31 21 patch.png (2.04 MB, 1325x1915)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>
Starting and running a Super Group can be fun and easy with the right planning and preparation. This of course starts with the concept.

The most successful concepts I have seen are fun, simple and easy to communicate and understand. Basically everyone starts on the same page and can get in on the fun. Concepts should also either imply or promise activities.

Activities. Without these folks will drift away. But remember a wide variety of things can be considered an activity. They can be game-related like TFs or Trials, teaming up on a scheduled time, or something like RP or any combination that fits the concept.

The base. Technically a base is optional but in my experience most players will expect one. Probably the most used function of a base will be the telepads so set some time aside early to get the exploration badges needed for the zone beacons. Remember to grab Trucker during the winter event in Pocket D. Use "Hacked" telepads and a blueside base will only need 4 while a redside base will only need 2.

Hmm, I think bases will need another post..
>>
Absent Friend, PLEASE, shut the fuck up.
>>
Bases should have their own character if it can be managed. Hell I've proven that even an almost total lack of decoration can be "character" for a base.

Should pause here to mention that on i24 servers like Rebirth and Thunderspy bases take Prestige to build. Prestige being a currency that can only be applied to bases in item purchases and rent.

Rent is caused by adding certain items and those items will tell you that they increase the rent. Most of these items offer some utility function so use good judgement on whether or not those items are needed. The base posted in >>417967
only had a rent of 300 prestige a month. Rent is the ONLY way Prestige is ever actually lost.

Next post, how to make Prestige.
>>
>>417377
yiff in hell
>>
>>419179
based
>>
>>419126
So Prestige works pretty simply. Any character can earn by being in SG mode up to level 25 without penalty. After level 25 you start to incur an inf penalty which grows until you are earning half inf.

SGs also get a prestige bonus of 20K for each member for the 1st 15 members. Additionally every Praetorian joining a SG for the 1st time grants a 100K bonus. I have found no upper limit to this.
>>
Recruiting.

In essence, recruiting is simple. It's consistency and persistence that are hard for most. And there are so many ways to go about it as well. Some may favor a zone or server wide announcement, but the most effective method I have seen remains the personal ask before sending the invite. Please ALWAYS get permission before sending the SG invite.

AVOID blindly inviting everyone in the team search list. You are unlikely to get what you want, but very likely to get what you deserve.

My checklist goes something like:
Get their global name. If it looks like a new player, send a welcome email.
Chat them up in Local. If they respond that's half the battle right there.
Apply buffs liberally. (This works better in Mercy than Atlas.)
Yes, I send gifts and buffs BEFORE asking them to join. But they are still free to refuse so understand that before going this route.
Ask for permission to send the SG invite.
Welcome them into the SG, offer a tour of the base. Answer questions.
Look for the next possible recruit and start from the top.
>>
File: small.png (103 KB, 357x172)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>
File: dfb crew.png (844 KB, 852x554)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
>>
File: Helper fairy.png (234 KB, 677x230)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
Alright, so in >>419678
I casually mentioned welcome emails. I'll explain how *I* happen to do them but first I should do some disclaimers*. The thread troll will misquote me anyway, but I everyone else should be on the same page.

*I am neither the first nor only person to ever give stuff away. The welcome emails I send are merely my approach to it in City of Heroes but by no means the only one.

Generally when I log on for a fun evening of City of Heroes on Thunderspy, I do so on a character that I know has a large amount of inf. Generally in the 200M range. Then I check the Team search window and look for names I don't know that are not level 50 or close to it. Any that qualify have their global names checked with a handy keybind. If I don't recognize the global name I fire off an email to that global name with a header of "Welcome", 2M inf, and a body that says "Welcome to Thunderspy!"

Then I fire off a tell that says "You have mail. :)" so it is less likely to go to waste. A fair amount of the time they will reply with something like "Wow thanks!" to which I will reply "Quite welcome." And if they ask questions I do my humble best to answer.

Now this isn't foolproof by any means! I tend to only do it when I 1st log on, and I'm only 1 guy. There have been others I have heard of copying this with differing amounts and they may still be doing it, but there are no guarantees of getting inf emailed to you just for joining the server.
>>
File: BIG.png (1.65 MB, 1255x1006)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>
Went to HC last night to do some research. Some of the answers I got stunned me. This is all in preparation for a marketing push based on the next update on Thunderspy. It's gonna be GREAT!

Speaking of HC, I'm not a fan of how SCORE gutted SGs. They did this by making everything available to everyone with no cost except time. And if everything is available, why join someone else's SG? The only reason to form a SG with other players is generally RP. Thus players there are subtly discouraged from forming large groups that might speak out on any issues there.

And RP on HC is under a tightening circle of prohibitions to boot.
>>
Cake New Dawn had a patch today!

Today's (10/01/21) patch update:

- Auto GM Purr now no longer has her own order
- Signature series Tyrant's Zeus Lightning Bolt will now properly animate in combat.
- Changed The Great Escape event in Neutropolis to occur 15 minutes after completion, down from 60 minutes previously.
- Templar War Child Assault Rifle powers will now take the proper set IOs.
- Paragons and Templar War Child can now respec without GM assistance.
- Dr Aeon Signature Series Aeon Special power has had the intangibility decreased to 30 seconds.
- Caleb will now have a 100% chance to spawn if ALL other spawn requirements are met.
>>
>>400178
I don't know about being an HCDrone, but I will go ahead and give HC its due by saying that they did massively slash the cost for most items and made leveling up faster so it's way easier to just get into all the content and not have to grind (I collected every badge a little over a year after I started playing again, for example). It also has the most robust supergroup base editor last time I checked, with lots of items, you can build above or below the plot, and it's all for free.

At the same time, I find it to have an absolutely terrible community. I only started playing on HC because that's where my friends were already playing, but now, I pretty much only interact with other players as much as necessary to get what I want and keep the chit-chat to a minimum. No one else who plays HC is my friend because it's full of rude, bitter, argumentative, short-tempered, unpleasant people.

I'd love to give the other servers a fair shake, but by the time I got every badge, I was thoroughly burnt out and totally crashed. I've barely touched the game in months now. I still like talking about it and it stays on my mind. The diverse new content on the other servers looks really enticing. Fundamentally though, after maturing and playing more games since the shutdown, I can see that the game is flawed and would very much like a sequel or a spiritual successor, something to give me a breath of fresh air, but for some reason, superhero mmos continue to be a niche genre despite the still-explosive popularity of superheroes.
>>
I love thunderspy!
>>
>>422317
Thunderspy has the same base building aspect, but was done with without sacrificing super groups. Each player account gets an "apartment" that they can freely edit outside of SG bases. HC does have more items but that's because they had 3d asset contributions from the secret server days which is where that code came from. On that same note Ts has Level scaling contacts so you can just freely tackle them when ever your want outside of going to ouroboros. You can just was easily level while casually playing and you're able to easily afford any build your want without grinding since it's a merit based economy.
>>
>>422984
And builds are about to get WAY cheaper!
>>
>>422317
>they did massively slash the cost for most items and made leveling up faster so it's way easier to just get into all the content and not have to grind
>by the time I got every badge, I was thoroughly burnt out and totally crashed.
These two things are related and I don't think that many people realize that.
>>
>>423126
Not sure I agree with that. It seemed like a fun, exciting, challenging endeavor at the start, but by the end of my collectathon, it was becoming a chore and was really just doing it to be done with it. Had it taken any longer, I probably would never have done it. I think it had more to do with the fact that I was playing the game a lot more than I normally would due to the shutdown that was happening at the time, as well as the aforementioned poor experience with the community. Even if you can solo most content, playing for myself just wasn't compelling.

The next time I get back into CoX, I'll probably just crank out a couple of supergroup bases since I enjoy it so much. That pic >>422317 is my first base that I built after coming back and I started working on a sequel since the first time was a learning experience as I came to grips with the new tools and while I enjoyed some of the things that came about as a result of improvisation, I wanted a do-over that was closer to my original vision. I also wanna do one where it's just the tallest tower possible, from the lowest point you can possibly reach all the way to the highest point.

On that note, >>422984 and >>423076 are certainly good news. I had forgotten about the apartments. I think that was one of the last bits of news I heard when I was last an active player, and increased accessibility is also a plus. I don't even remember all the differences and look forward to experiencing them.
>>
Thunderspy? I love thunderspy!
It's the best City of Heroes server!
>>
File: trainmeh.png (454 KB, 482x570)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>
File: winners.png (1.18 MB, 1359x610)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
Thunderspy is having a Halloween Costume Contest on Halloween night.

The prize is a $100 Steam gift card.

There is only ONE (1) prize. The theme of the contest is "Halloween". Bring your A-game.

We're not doing this to "lure" players to our server. If you never touch Thunderspy again, that's fine. We want this to be a COMMUNITY event for the City of Heroes public. You may have noticed I didn't post an actual time. That's because it's still being decided.

Now because different servers sometimes have some different standards, I want to do my best to warn you of any pitfalls 1st before I go into the expanded stuff. Capes and (multiple) auras are unlocked but if a costume part was gated behind a non-veteran badge or cost Astral or Emp merits on live, chances are good it is on Thunderspy too.

Now on to the "extra" stuff you have to work with on Tspy, focusing on the basics. I mentioned multiple auras. You can have up to 5. 1 on each asymmetrical hand, 1 on the torso, and 2 normal aura slots. The color selection is expanded from 160 to just under 64,000.

MM pets can be customized if you want for no inf cost.

There are NPC parts that have been ported for players and several folks have contributed custom made costume parts.

And the following sliders have had their range expanded. Height from 4'-8' to 6"-12'. Arm and leg sliders. Face and head sliders. And yes, female chest slider can go from "Flat is Justice!" to "3 heads are better than 1."
>>
>>423893
Thunderspy is the best! They give out $100 like it's nothing!
>>
File: Sneakpeek.jpg (41 KB, 1410x403)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Also worth a reminder are the invisible, transparent and translucent body parts.
>>
>>422317
>No one else who plays HC is my friend because it's full of rude, bitter, argumentative, short-tempered, unpleasant people.
it is the 4chan server after all
>>
>>424189
I thought that was TSpy.
>>
>>424524
Depends on if you can handle 8th-grade math. If so, you will discover that any statistical analysis shows that HC has MORE anons than Tspy ever could. Even considering their declining numbers. The problem is HC ALSO has more virtue signalers that will call any discovered anon an "ist" or "ism" without any actual proof. (Yes this has happened to me.)
>>
>>414588
Sally eyed the bag of seeds with suspicion. It was resealable, so she ripped off the top as the packaging suggested and then broke the seal.. It smelled.. GOOD. With a good deal more confidence, she put one in her mouth.

"OMG!" Sally declared. "This. Is. AWESOME!" "How have I not had these before?"

Frank said "Well I'd call that an accurate prediction then. Ok let's get going then."

"Wait." Sally said. "She said I should look in the store for a way to improve your wifi at the cabin. I don't know wifi from what, but I can spend a minute looking while I eat some more seeds."

"Ok Darlin. I'll be in the truck while you do that." Frank said. As he climbed into the driver's seat next to the unconcious Mary and settled in. "Man, what happened to you girl? I know our families were close growing up. And it's a shame your family isn't around anymore.. But I hope we can have a chance to catch up when you wake up from this. So get better soon ok?"

Frank woke up when sally closed the door on her side. "Oh hey," He said "find anything?"

"Yeah actually." She said " I cross-checked the stuff in the store with improving wifi reception and a tutorial came up. Looks easy enough, so I downloaded it to replay while we're up there. I may not have to give up the E! network this weekend!"
>>
>>424579
what is this faggotry
>>
>>424642
Well many threads ago someone was asking for folks to post character bios and I felt bad when nobody did. So instead I started writing up a Super Group origin that had been floating around in the back of my head. And I've been doing 2-3 entries or so every thread since. As it would be very hard to have kept up on the story, in this thread I'm reposting everything written so far. Next thread I will start chapter 2 of the story. For the beginning go to >>393319
>>
With a relevant update coming, I'd like to take some time to focus on the economy of the Thunderspy server. Quite frankly this is building to be as great a strength as the costume creator, but it may take some time to explain why. It all begins when your character first steps out into the world and can unlock Paragon rewards in the Menu, 4th from the bottom. Joe made a nice graphic here.. >>395995
(Sorry can't post the same image twice in a thread.)

Now among the cool things this enables is the /ah command to access the auction house and the /vault command for the vault. These commands work everywhere except in a mission or SG base.

On Thunderspy the auction house is seeded with salvage so it's always available with no hassle.
Common salvage is 500 inf.
Uncommon salvage is 2,000 inf.
And Rare salvage is 10,000 inf.
>>
>>
>>
>Go on Thunderspy
>See a bunch of Multiboxer Masterminds in Atlas
>They used the pet customization to make everyone look like Klansmen
>Holding Torches
>DM the Mods
>Oh wait it's Unmoderated
Come the fuck on. If this is the first thing I see when I log in, who would want to play here?
>>
>>426126
No pic?
For such an outrageous claim?
I smell BS.
>>
>>426127
I agree. Pics or it didn't happen bitch!
>>
>>426126
oh fuck. I saw them too last night. One of the names was Lynchlord.
>>
>>426313
Still no pics. Pics from City of Heroes are as easy as pushing the printscreen key. So it's a typical HC hitpost. Wild claim with no proof.
>>
File: 1418448228448.jpg (60 KB, 600x450)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>
File: 1420251068306.jpg (95 KB, 500x371)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
File: 1504396465952.jpg (66 KB, 666x400)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
File: cp1.png (625 KB, 1087x610)
625 KB
625 KB PNG
>>
>>426313
>press button to screenshot
>game crashes

what bullshit is this?
>>
>>426478
outskilled
>>
>>426126
>someone having fun
>can't report this
>sperg out
>>
>>426126
>Go on Homecoming
>See a bunch of groomers in Pocket D
>They dressed up as women to appear non-threatening
>Soliciting minors
>DM the mods
>Oh wait it's the admin
>>
>Look up Thunderspy videos on YouTube
>99% of it is just some nasal autist doing videos of him playing.
>Chokes on his own words all the time

How to you fucking fail speaking?
>>
>>427011
Autism and furries.
>>
>>399948
Tankers don't do more damage than brutes, some of their AoEs and Cones just hit more targets. Brutes still do significantly better DPS wise.
>>
>>403042
Spines isn't even the problem, you can farm just as well or even easier with literally any other primary. The AoE damage from Spines is not what does the lifting, it's Burn from Fire Armor.
>>
I always wanted to try spines but yeah
>>
>>425604

Ok, moving back to the topic of server economy. On Thunderspy the economy is more based on reward merits. Particularly with respect to IO set recipes. Reward merit prices for recipes are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced on Thunderspy.

A quick sampling:
Luck of the Gambler Def/Increased recharge is 20 merits on Thunderspy.
Karma KB protection is 8 merits.
Performance Shifter Chance for +Endurance is 13 merits.
Numina's Convalescence Regen/Recovery is 25 merits.
Preventative medicine Absorb proc is 25 merits.
Crushing Impact Acc/Dam is 5 merits.
Thunderstrike Dam/Recharge is 5 merits.

Oh and basic IOs in 5 level increments are just 1 merit each.
>>
Figured these threads might still be up despite being a publicity disaster. Wanted to see what meaningful updates have happened. Instead I see outdated screenshots, autism, shitflinging and people talking at air through a megaphone while no one listens. Please stop making these threads. Its killed my desire to play again.
>>
>>427279
Why not play Thunderspy? It's the best!
>>
>Thunderspy: We want to be CoH like it was at Shutdown and not Leo's Fanfic

>Also Thunderspy: We're completely redoing the entire invention system because....Just because okay!

PICK. A. FUCKING. NARRATIVE.
>>
>>427279
wanna take a bet and guess it's all Absent Friend? The blind enthusiasm reeks of their motif.
>>
>>427310
it is.
>>
It looks like all the servers have started the Halloween event! Trick or Treating! Zombie invasions! Banner Events! Dr. Kanes Trial!

Don't forget to get the seasonal salvage for the last costume slot!
>>
It looks like Homecoming has updated their servers with a new zone, Khalisti Wharf! They also added the Market Crash task force! This is amazing guys! Don't forget to help get CoH back from NC SOFT! Support Homecoming!
>>
>>427320
OP here. Asking for donations is specifically against the rules of this board. Please don't do it as I have no ability to stop or even influence the mods.
>>
File: Its AFRAID.jpg (43 KB, 500x286)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>427279
>>427308
>>427310
>>427311
>>
File: notes-check-em.jpg (139 KB, 472x472)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
# Crafting
* 6 new "condensed" salvage items can be crafted from the original 108
* all costume and enhancement recipes use condensed salvage

# Channels
* New Roleplaying global channel
* New General global channel for any discussion that's not looking for a group, asking for help, or roleplaying

# Missions
* Fix for Brother Hammond's blackout mission by removing the Luddite actors after they're attacked by the Gremlins in the cutscene.

# Backend
* Adjust some of the packet sending/receiving buffers on client-side, which appeared to help alleviate some of the worst case scenarios causing lag
* Made an adjustment for High DPI on the client
* Bumped the max "link" speed from 10 mbit to 12mbit and the estimated bandwidth from 5mbit to 8mbit, so that not everyone is as limited by internet from 2004. This is ultimately calculated so people on slower connections shouldn't be affected.
>>
Meka is gay
>>
>join thunderspy discord
>makes me validate a captcha
>as soon as I do my account is locked and I need to give them my phone number to unlock it because of suspicious activity
>>
File: 1517968702184.jpg (29 KB, 540x534)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>427097
Ok let me start off by saying there are folks that actually ENJOY farming and that's fine. "Play as you like" is a cultural foundation of City of Heroes. But it follows that if some folks like farming then there are those that do not. This post is for them.

Today the Thunderspy server released a major crafting update that should eliminate almost any "need" to farm. By the time a character reaches level 50 they should be able to fully build their character for pretty much just crafting costs (!). No need to spend time on the auction house wondering how the prices are today or if anyone is manipulating the price on a part you need!

We did this by adding a small step at the crafting table. before crafting a recipe, you will need to craft a required material first. Crafting materials has no cost and the type of material you get is determined by the salvage's origin (tech or magic) and rarity. So crafting a material from ANY common tech salvage will get you a common tech material. So that's 108 different types of salvage narrowed down to 6! (Salvage drops were not adjusted.)

TL;DR The salvage bottleneck is no more on Thunderspy! You can make a built out character likely for just crafting costs not including PvP or purple recipes.

As a quick reminder >>427097
showed that reward merit costs have been slashed across the board on Thunderspy.

A future post will give examples of how reward merit.. rewards have also been increased across the board on Thunderspy.

As a practical effect of all of this, pretty much any time spent farming on another server could be spent playing the game on Thunderspy.

Thunderspy. Where the game is played.
>>
So, wondering how to get started on City of Heroes? The first 2 posts in the thread give you the info you need !>>393293
>>
Rebirth patches tonight!
>>
And here's Rebirth's patch notes.
https://forum.cityofheroesrebirth.com/index.php/topic,197.0.html
>>
Federal holiday today. Great time to play City of Heroes!
>>
>>419179
Sadly I can't. Satan kicked me out.
>>
>>428698
Hell's afraid he'll take over.
>>
File: Ghost armor.png (306 KB, 510x610)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>
File: g g ghost.png (83 KB, 265x300)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>
>>424579
Sally woke up suddenly. Frank was still asleep from the look of it. A quick glance at her phone said it was 3:07 AM. Sally knew that something had woken her up, but the woods around the cabin had enough unfamiliar sounds that it wasn't so surprising. She got up and wandered into the kitchen area for some more seeds before going back to bed.

"Hello Sally." said a remote sounding voice in the room.

Sally was startled and turned to face the voice. Mary was standing in the middle of the cabin!

"Mary?! You're up! How are ya feeling?" Sally said as she rapidly recovered from being surprised.

The remote voice said "I will return to coma in 6 minutes and eightteen seconds" Then Mary's voice changed to what sounded like an actual human "But until then I'm fine. " she said with a giggle. "I'm sorry I woke ya. It's like, I know what I can DO, but I still have to practice when I can to get there. Let's sit down for a few while we can huh?"

Sally said "I should get Frank.."

"He won't wake up in time, sorry. Now c'mon and sit. You want some answers and I want to talk to an actual person while I can." Mary said smiling.

"..Ok" Sally said as she sat down at the table. "What's with the blue hair anyway? Frank said you didn't have that the last time he saw you."

"It's a side-effect of holding in that energy for so long. Normally folks don't even have a choice to hold onto it and it dissapates as fast as it comes. But I had to hold onto it at any cost. Hair may be blue, but it's GOOD hair! Ain't a stylist around can't do good work with it." Mary smiled as she talked. "I got REAL lucky there."

"Why did you HAVE to hold onto it dear? And what was it you had to practice?" Sally asked.
>>
>>430156
"I can influence and control some of the motion near me. But it takes practice. And of course I can only practice when I'm not in a coma." Mary said. "Speaking of, I should go lie down now."

Sally got up to saying "Let me help you." As they moved towards Mary's bed and eased her down.

"Thanks" Mary said in a half-yawn. "I'm glad I got to share with you guys." And then her eyes closed.
>>
File: Demon Power Rangers.png (850 KB, 836x590)
850 KB
850 KB PNG
>>
Slowly and Seductively Recluse nuzzles the bulge in Statesmans tights making him erect.

"Now, we finish this!" Recluse says as he begins working it. "S-Synapse?" Statesman whimpers between strokes to see the speedster still laying face first on the floor.
>>
File: Bots wFF.png (443 KB, 945x477)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>
File: Insecty.png (333 KB, 311x490)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>
File: King o hill.png (564 KB, 793x610)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>>
File: NERD.png (390 KB, 529x397)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>
It's the weekend and a GREAT time to play some City of Heroes! Don't forget to put some time in on a Halloween costume!
>>
>>431356
Hey! Wuffa is not a nerd. She's just retarded.

>Be Hellhound in Hellhome
>Sole duty is to carry these two swords that Master said "no one would even think about you having the Alpha and Omega Hellblades, because you're so stupid. Those blades are secure with you."
>Whatever that means
>Get ripped out of Hellhome and teleported to some shack with humans holding magic artifacts
>Overhear one of them say something about "not letting the furfag do the Girlfriend from Hell summoning ritual."
>Confused and Slaughter the humans in the shack and wander around this new world with all this weird stuff.
>>
Thunderspy's latest update gives a workable option to farming.

Alright allow me to open by saying there are folks that actually enjoy farming and that's fine. "Play how you want" is an important cultural cornerstone in the City of Heroes community after all. But I believe everyone will agree there are folks that don't care for farming as well. This post is aimed at helping the latter.

What we've done at Thunderspy recently to render farming more.. optional is remove roadblocks in the crafting system. Salvage still drops as normal, but now salvage can be converted into "materials" which are used by recipes while at the crafting table. All recipes now use these more generic Materials instead of specific bits of dropped salvage.

Materials are crafted at no inf to the player. A particular piece of salvage will only convert into 1 material based on the salvage's origin (tech or magic) and rarity with level having no effect. So a luck charm will always convert into a common magic material just as a rune would. A Chronal Skip would convert into a rare tech material as would a Heads Up Display and so forth.|

So the effect this has is almost no need to go to the auction house to get particular salvage because there's a good chance you already have enough. This reduces wait time and costs on salvage. Recipes are most often purchased with reward merits on Thunderspy because costs were slashed and rewards were increased across the board some time ago. This salvage update is just the final part of the puzzle.

TL;DR What this all means is when a character hits 50 on Thunderspy they have an excellent chance to fully outfit* their character for little more than crafting costs with regards to inf.
>>
>>431789
or just /ah and pick up shit for cheap.
>>
I love thunderspy!
>>
>>431789
what's the point of this update? Should have put that effort into Clown Mastermind or Dynamic Duo.
>>
>>431789
Who asked for this?
>>
>>432068
Folks that want to play the game instead of farm.
>>
>>432071
What does that have to do with anything? What the fuck is there to farm on Thunderspy besides badge kills?
The auction house is always seeded and the pieces are dirt cheap. Fucking commons are 500inf and Rares are 10,000. That's like one mission at 50.
Money is abundant on TS.

Like I said, this effort could have been used on other shit like the new Task Forces and Map sets that were being teased.
>>
Thunderspy is the best, they do nice things!
>>
Why is the new content stuck on the secret server? Are homecoming donations just being used to fund their new content while begging with sloppy seconds? There's shit that was on the secret server before HC even launched that STILL hasn't made it out like the Dr. Aeon strike force. What are those cunts doing
>>
Thunderspy kicked my dog.
>>
Thunderspy has a lot of fun new content, join us and see it for yourself!
>>
>>431920
>Just /ah and pick shit up for cheap.
That's a workable option on Thunderspy, but the same is not true of many other servers.
>>432063
>Should have put effort into Clown MM or Dynamic Duo.
Really not sure Clown MM was EVER announced. Talked about sure, but that's different. You would have been on more solid ground saying Pirate MM but that's Zeus' baby and on hold until and if he returns. Dynamic Duo is Meka's baby and I haven't kept track of it. If you want to know the status on that you can ask him direct on the discord.

>>432068
>>432119
You have no idea how bad it is out there. The entire City of Heroes community is losing folks over the tedium of farming and we don't need to. Take this guy who posted on reddit last night for example. https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/q9j83c/trashthings_weeklong_journey_from_050_no_ae/
Guy gets to 50 by playing the game without AE and thinks this is a bragworthy accomplishment worth taking notes on. (To be clear there's nothing wrong with playing the game to 50. It's just that should be the expectation and not noteworthy.)

>>432240
>Thunderspy kicked my dog.
No. Your dog ran away because you were to busy shitposting to take proper care of it.
>>
I see a lot of shilling, but how populated is Thunderspy? Give me the actual numbers
>>
>>432231
Just a couple of quick notes on this one. The board rules really discourage talking about donations in any fashion and I'm in no position to speculate on HC's finances even if I would really really like to. Keep in mind most of their players STILL don't know that Resurgence was the secret server and is still up and used as a beta server for their.. "benefit".
>>
>>432396
Its fun, come join us!
>>
>>432421
Cool new customization options, but it's a goddamn ghost town
>>
>>432231
It isn't stuck on the secret server, its just homecoming doesn't have any
>>
>>432435
It wouldn't be if every person who complained about that, joined and played
>>
>>432435
You will have fun join thunderspy!]
>>
>>432438
What do you mean? The content has been on there for years and they say it's being "beta tested". Why don't they just let homecoming players beta test it openly? Why the need to jump through hoops and join private discords and submit your social media accounts for approval? Seems like we are back in the same position with the community as we were prior to 2019. Thanks for keeping the alternate servers alive because this shit is bound to blow up like any other game where the shittiest server uses scummy tactics to hold onto the lion's share of the population
>>
>>432399
>The board rules really discourage talking about donations
where is that stated? I've only ever seen them go againt solicitation. Why would calling out homecoming for funding private development with their donations be against the rules?
>>
>>431789
Highlighting this post because I think it's worth the attention and some folks seemed to want it buried.

>>432538
I've had a thread deleted for it. Yeah I appealed successfully but as OP I'm gonna be gunshy about stuff that can lose the entire thread. I know it's one of HCs biggest vulnerabilities but having this thread is worth more.
>>
>>432535
Okay, so basically HC players are cucks and pay them thousands a month (used to be hundreds of thousands but whatever) "to legal fees" and so now Leo can have his private server and is payed for it
>>
OP here and I've decided that later this week I'm going to test out Thunderspy's crafting improvements by crafting a fresh 2nd build on a character I previously played to 50. I will track how much inf and merits used and how much salvage I had to buy in the process and the costs of that as well.

Looking forward to this as I've never explored multiple builds as yet.
>>
OP here and I've decided I'm gay and in love with Leandro and abandoning Thunderspy entirely. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, homecoming and SCoRE are better in every way. They're such professionalas that even NCSoft notices and respects their servers as the only proper successors to the game.

Looking forward to this as I haven't had anyone to prostrate myself to.
>>
>>432766
Yes and the OP of the thread says I'm breaking the rules if i mention it? what a faggot
>>
File: patch mm.png (643 KB, 743x514)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>
Daily reminder to NOT support homocummings ever and that half the dev team quit due to the draconian shady practices of the head of the server
>>
>>427762
Thats a Discord issue not tspy sadly. Discord is gay
>>
>>433172
That is a stolen picture, Patch no longer plays, I personally miss her but she hasn't played Tspy in 8 months
>>
>>432766
>(used to be hundreds of thousands but whatever)
it was never hundreds of thousands, it's only even hit over 10k/months like once or twice, but it's damn sure gotten to that point in total since they started.
they're shady enough that we dont have to make shit up.
>>
>>433340
Patch is still in thunderspy, she just changed names again.
>>
>>433340
Patch is absolutely still playing, it's just she(?) is autistic as fuck and is currently (very very poorly) pretending to be someone else for some reason.
The current "spooky monstergirl" she's fixated on is the meat pile from carrion.
>>
>>433342
And changed accounts then, I'm a global friend with her, and said account hasn't been played for a while
>>
>>433343
Complete new discord and CoH account, so I doubt it.
>>
>>433349
then you've clearly got whatever the textual equivalent of autistic face blindness is.
>>
>>
>>433340
Also how the hell is it "stolen" if she posted it publicly? She was proud to display her efforts.

This thing you have with pictures is ridiculous and completely unrealistic. It might be a thing if it was something someone was using to make money, but with the game being someone else's ip trying to make money from it is asking for a lawyer to shove a poker up your ass.

So please remove that particular autism.
>>
>>433370
Everyone in thunderspy has autism, it's a feature!
>>
You'd think there'd be more porn of Ghost Widow now that the game is back.
>>
>>433633
youd think there would be more coh porn in general
>>
>>433633
>>433660
I've heard this mentioned before. The reason is that City of Heroes died before porn aggregators that we take for granted were a thing. So what there was of it is scattered and hard to find.
>>
>>433712
imagine
>>
>Watching Megamind
>Metroman reminds me of Emperor Cole

God damnit.
>>
File: unknown (1).png (284 KB, 671x725)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
Why do you fear the angel
>>
>>433370
I am bad with faces, but also its a hell of a lot of work for basically no payoff
>>
>>433787
Kill yourself
>>
>>433864
Bitch suck my phantasmal dick
>>
>Doing DA leveling grinding
>Level 1 Controller joins
>Named Bonfire Wizard
>Think it's going to be some sort of wood themed character with fire powers

>It's a fucking KKK member holding a torch.
>>
Man what a day. I am NOT known for being a great builder, but I spent today building a character from the ground up on a 2nd build and tracking all the expenses.
>>
>>433340
>I personally miss her
that's going in my cringe folder
>>
>>433949
Was this on homecoming? I keep running across racist players on there with costumes like that.
>>
>>434081
No idea. But population trends put the chances higher.
>>
>>433981
:ahego:
>>
>>434236
you're not supposed to be on the internet young man, go do your chores!
>>
File: ss2021-10-20at11.18.29.jpg (171 KB, 653x739)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>434081
No, the "Racist" server that has all forms of LGBTQ people running it because we hate minorities or something they say.
>>
>>434246
BUT DAAAAD, I LIKE TROLLING PEOPLE
>>
>>434315
is there a racist server that also hates fags?
>>
>>434421
Thunderspys admins and mods are gay.
>>
File: banner-shirt-5.png (406 KB, 1800x2546)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>434421
Servers are inanimate object. As such, they cannot be racist or hate anything or anyone.
>>
>>434598
sounds kinda gay
>>
>>434421
me working at applebees
>>
>>433326
Is that new or old news. I've been out of the loop a while and need muh drama fix.
>>
>>434778
There's not actually much in the way of server drama these days. HC tends to keep quiet around Halloween. For HC, mentioning the other servers gets folks to notice how much NEW CONTENT the other servers are putting out and the big costume contests going on at this time of year.
>>
Are there any sites that have in depth build discussions?
>>
>>434832
That's mostly going to be found on the respective server's discord. You can always use a test server to test builds as well.
>>
>>430157
It was Sunday afternoon and Sally was on the cabin porch reading about pathing algorithms on her laptop while Frank was checking a nearby trap when Mary walked out and sat down. In her remote voice she said "I will return to coma in 23 minutes. I need to talk to you both." Then she whistled Frank over. She didn't whistle using her mouth in the traditional sense, but the sound unmistakably came from there.

When Frank heard the sound it caused him some slight discomfort so he put his hand to his ear as he looked over and saw Mary waving to him next to Sally.

As Frank came up and sat down, Mary started. "Hi guys. It's been almost 2 days since you picked me up, but more importantly you've started noticing some different things about yourselves. Today I can tell you some of the larger things we're going to strive for and why. But first you both have a decision to make. Do you want to go back to Paragon tonight to your old lives? Or do you think you can handle a bit of adventure? With the money I've given you already it really IS as simple as what do you want? But you do need to make a choice and it has to be quick for everyone's sakes."

Frank spoke first. "Get away from the 9-5 grind? No problem here!" he said with a gruff smile.

Sally then said "Hell if I need idle chit-chat I can use social media. I'm done with bosses that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground!"

Mary smiled widely. "Ok good. So for the next few weeks while we develop we'll stay here. Anything we need delivered can be sent to a PO box at the general store and we'll pick it up at our need. That's the easy to understand part. But I promised you more than that. We'll return to Paragon when we're ready, but it's not our ultimate goal."

"Along the way we will get into plenty of fights so keep that in mind as you make your choices on how to develop..."

Frank broke in "Why do we need to get into fights?"
>>
>>435260
Mary continued on unfazed "Fair question. The answer is we will need to know how to fight very well to get close to our goal." She then held up a finger as Frank took a sharp intake of breath. "Frank. You and Sally and I are going to save the world from a very specific danger. We won't be doing it alone, but we'll need to train others too. And this is where we go into the fantastic shit that's far from what you know."

"We start with the basics with me telling you other full-fledged dimensions exist in great and staggering variety and in my dreams I've been seeing one and the threat it holds for our world. It's a prison for a rogue god and it is shattered beyond what you would believe. This god is named Rularuu and he has armies beyond counting and a terrible hatred of our world."

"And unless he is stopped, he will destroy Paragon City and the Rogue Isles, with all their heroes and villains in a day. The planet will fall in three. Anything still surviving after that will fall on the fourth. He will leave nothing."

Sally said "We're going to save.. the world?"

Mary replied "Yes. Yes we are."

Frank asked "So we're gonna be superheroes? I'm gonna tell you now I don't care for spandex."

Mary said " Superheroes get distracted by every kitten in a tree. We're gonna have to be more focused than that I'm afraid. It doesn't matter if folks know what we do. It only matters that the work is done." as she got up and started heading inside. "I have assignments for both of you. Sally I want you to work on our electronic security so that we can't be traced here. Being able to break through the security of others will be useful too. Frank I'm going to need you to study other dimensions. How to find them and how to get to and from them."

Then she returned to her bed.
>>
Another fine weekend to play City of Heroes! Also about a week left to prepare for any Halloween festivities on your server of choice and a great time to enjoy all the Halloween themed content in the game.
>>
wtf is this, a city of schizos?
>>
File: Nutcracker.png (773 KB, 1096x610)
773 KB
773 KB PNG
>>
File: Seems familiar.png (264 KB, 306x384)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>
Now is a great time to enjoy playing City of Heroes!
>>
Only on Thunderspy!
>>
Thunderspy had a patch today.

Bug Fixes:
* Address issues with Cathedral of Pain Trial not functioning through LFG.
- As a result of this, the Base Computer/Oracle no longer function as contacts. They now grant 75 Control, so that they have some use.

Powers:
* Blaster:
- Temporal Manipulation:
^ Temporal Ablation
& Fixed Temporal Ablation mouseover text to indicate it's a toggle
& Fixed the power to actually give Recovery Rate. It was giving Recovery strength, meaning it affected other powers.
& Change Temporal Ablation to give 0.3 end/sec from 0.5 when Temporal Selection is active. The reason for this is 0.5 is the rate other ones get as their base. That way, Time requires your Temporal Selection to get the full benefit.
& Made the 0.2 end/sec buff that is base take Recovery Boost, since the power was allowing Recovery Boost enhancements and set slotting without it actually buffing anything.
^ Boost Range
& Fixed the power icon
[6:55 AM]
* Buff TOs to 15%
* Buff DOs to 25%
* Buff SOs to 35%
* TOs can only be found at level 15 and can be slotted any level below
* DOs can only be found at level 30 and can be slotted between 15 and 30
* SOs can only be found at level 50 and can be slotted any level above 30
* TOs, DOs, and SOs no longer expire within their usable level range
>>
Liking the enhancement changes so far. Hopped on a level 5 to check them out. Level 15 TO's are expensive at that level, but the TOs that drop as rewards are ALSO level 15 and it looks like, over time, you will get more than you use. Plus you can sell off the ones you can't use for a greater amount.
>>
Time to go Play some City of Heroes!
>>
On Thunderspy!
>>
It's a good time to be designing and making final tweaks for the Halloween costume contests happening on ALL servers!
>>
>>433172
>>433340
>>433342
I didn't mind that they picked up a new alias but it's fucking weird they pretend to be a different person so far as to pretend having unfamiliarity with things they very clearly know about.
>>
>>434421
The server simultaneously laughs about being racist and hating the gays while genuinely not giving a shit about who you are if you don't have a cock up your ass about it. Always thought it was funny how the evil nazi server has a preacher and gay furry and trans people on staff and in game who all get along perfectly fine.
>>
>>438080
mental problems
>>
>>438188
>>438080
pretty much, yeah. I don't know what the fuck is up with that (and it is very clearly a her, that crazy is 100% a female flavor of crazy), whether or not she felt like she embarrassed herself or something and felt it necessary to abandon the Patch persona despite that persona being just her acting like herself, and thus this new persona being identical to the last one.
At the very least she's a just a benign maybe a little self-absorbed crazy, instead of someone like Goat, who's one "goodbye horses" away from being Buffalo Bill.
>>
>>438253
So what you're saying is I should not simp, good idea.
>>
>>438087
You're going to hell you faggot furry cocksucker (want to run DFB later?)
>>
>>438264
You should never simp, period.
>>
>>438628
unless its for your actual girlfriend, it works
>>
File: 17188322.png (24 KB, 1003x93)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>thundershills have to beg GMs to spawn shit as 'content' because their awful devs keep breaking everything
>>
File: 1417846564248.jpg (20 KB, 265x190)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>438891
Just jealous that our devs will respond. :)
>>
>>438667
>unless its for your actual girlfriend
Christ, no. You should never be in a realtionship where anything resembling simping is necessary, nor desire someone who requires you to lower yourself like that in order to be with them.
>>
File: pep talk.png (863 KB, 994x465)
863 KB
863 KB PNG
>>
>>
Sad news. Unity is down for a bit. When it comes back up it will use a backup from Jan 5th. If you see a player from Unity on your preferred server, please be nice to them and understand when Unity is back that they will want to play there again.
>>
File: 1541146522176.jpg (41 KB, 367x446)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Does anyone have a list of all the servers and what they offer? I haven't been here in a long time and I think the ones I used to frequent aren't around anymore? I think there was one lead by Lady Rayne from Reddit or something?
>>
>>440402
2nd post in the thread has the current list. Note that Unity is offline temporarily.>>393297
You will want to visit each site to determine where you want to play.

Lady Rayne's efforts with Pleiades lasted about 2 weeks unfortunately. That was over 2 years ago now. The ones that are around now were around then.
>>
Happy Halloween weekend everyone! A GREAT time to play City of Heroes!
>>
>>440741
>2 years ago

what do you mean? The servers are just coming up...
>>
I want some Tspy dev bussy.
>>
File: IMG_2989.jpg (954 KB, 1284x1836)
954 KB
954 KB JPG
This is why no one takes you other servers seriously. We're taking measures to bring you the best and the most official content. No one else does Legalese like this and shows it.
>>
File: Nebu laughs.webm (563 KB, 960x540)
563 KB
563 KB WEBM
>>441381
> Takes HC seriously.
First thing is they can't read a billing invoice.

Ok enough time on that nonsense. It's time to play some City of Heroes!
>>
File: Halloween 21 lineup.png (2.33 MB, 1869x749)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
So Thunderspy had their Costume Contest early today and here is the lineup
>>
File: Cretin 1st place.png (1.14 MB, 701x802)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>442814
And here was the 1st place winner of a $100 Steam gift card.
>>
>>441300
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but you've been in a coma for two years. It's a scary thought, but it genuinely has been over two years at this point.
>>
>>440402
Rebirth is still going. /coxg/ (Thunderspy) would be your second best bet. Anything aside isn't worth mentioning.
>>
>>440246
Glad to see its still kicking
>>
File: Halloween 21 lineup1.jpg (205 KB, 1638x907)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>
>>435263
Sally woke up to Frank smiling at her from across the bed. She returned his smile and said "Good morning."

"And a good morning to you. " He lazily replied. "Do you have anything important scheduled this morning?"

"Nothing time sensitive.." she said as she leaned in closer. "I'm free to help with anything that .. pops up.. if we don't get interrupted." with a lecherous grin on her face.

"Mary took the truck somewhere earlier, so I think we're clear.." He said as he planted a kiss on her lips. She responded by throwing off the covers and embracing him tightly.

Then the truck skidded to a stop outside and the horn went off a couple of times. "Hey guys! I'm sorry but I need your help for something important out here!"

Sally was frustrated as she untangled herself from Frank and said "To be continued mister." and they threw on some clothes quickly and headed outside to an astonishing sight.

Mary was dressed like a cross between someone in a Jane Fonda workout video and an 80's porn star in a bright pink thong leotard with an equally bright green sports bra drawing attention to her ample chest. Matching green legwarmers completed the ensemble that left little to the imagination.

Sally said "Well THAT's a different look for you hun." and Frank could only nod in agreement.
>>
>>443718
Mary smiled widely and said "Thank you." And did a quick spin to show off the whole outfit. "Just came today along with some other stuff I had Mo load in the back of the truck." (Mo was the owner of the 7-11). "Speaking of, here's the weird twist you know to expect by now, I can't touch the stuff loaded in the back. So I need you 2 to take these boxes inside and address them according to instructions I've already texted to you silently. Shouldn't take long." she said while still smiling.

"Alright hun." Sally said. "I just wish you could have waited a bit is all."

"Sorry about that. But this is rather vital to our future plans." Said Mary while still smiling.

Frank spoke up. "Future plans eh? Who do we know in the Rogue Isles?"

Mary just couldn't stop grinning today it seemed." Oh they'll introduce themselves at the proper time. No worries there. Oh and Frank, if you could be a dear and mail these off this afternoon at some point, that would be awesome. I have to go crash now." and she headed off to her room. Leaving them to their task.
>>
>>443718
I'm going to stuff this characters butthole and you cannot stop me
>>
>>443842
>going near niggers
>>
File: 1635560160138.gif (107 KB, 370x300)
107 KB
107 KB GIF
Consider the Following...

Homecoming's "Talks" with NCSoft is about as legit as Thunderspy getting new story content or doing anything else besides costume parts.
>>
what happened? what happened to new content? is senpai the only one actually caring anymore? bannable leaves and now its back to meka gatekeeping all the power dev stuff?
>>
>>444040
Bannable left?
What?
>>
I remember CoH being pretty fun. What is the height range for character creation? Are there size-related super powers? Scrolling through, I saw Thunderspy lets you go 6"-12' - what about other servers?

t. shameless sizejeet
>>
File: 926 tall.png (258 KB, 345x426)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>444180
Basic character creator height range is 4 foot to 8 foot tall. As you said, Thunderspy has gone beyond this to 6 inches to 12 foot tall. Thunderspy is the only server I'm aware of that has adjusted height sliders.

There are no size related super powers. Engine couldn't really handle that in 2004.
>>
>>444211
>Thunderspy is the only server I'm aware of that has adjusted height sliders.
>There are no size related super powers.
A shame; I'm sure with a bit of work the engine could have handled it, as you had games like Everquest where size could be surprisingly important. Only issue is that animations and collision meshes no longer match up well, but that's always been the case to an extent.

Regardless, time to see if a flying turbo-midget is any fun to play!
>>
>>443986
>One is a fabricated, ongoing lie whose entire basis is why people play aside population
>One is but various intentions on the table that is far from a selling point and is only brought up on scant occasion
>Either being equitable
Okay buddy. But I don't think they'll ever get around to it within a year, no.
>>
>>444093
Got tired of Senpai and didn't feel the passion plus had irl shit going on apparently so decided to up and leave.

>>444040
Correct because everything you like is dumb and unbalanced and unfun and everything Meka touches is perfect and logical. If you disagree with him then its your fault when what he puts put instead is ass. Dude is a man-child on a power trip
>>
>>444230
Hover Blasters are a classic for a reason! :)
>>
File: Halloween 21 lineup2.png (886 KB, 1438x618)
886 KB
886 KB PNG
>>
File: Halloween 21 lineup3.png (1.64 MB, 1630x927)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>
File: Halloween 21 lineup4.png (1.19 MB, 1445x736)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>
File: Halloween 21 lineup5.png (1.02 MB, 1458x683)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>
Sorry to bother you but... is it possible that this game somewhat bricked my hard drive? i cant seem to access it anymore and i tried everything already
>>
File: coxg_jJEtsC4ib4.png (1.2 MB, 1166x742)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>444959
Bruh, you kinda missed a pic
>>
>>445025
yes and no? No as in not the game itself, but as you were writing files do the disk it may have written over a bad sector or otherwise mechanically failed. Same thing happened to me installing the orange box about a million years ago.
>installing fine
>random freeze
>takes a shit
>can no longer see drive
>>
>>445109
hmm
well i bricked like 3 usb stucks and a PC Harddrive already just with this game so i was wondering if this is particulary bad spaghetti code.
guess i have to find a cheaper hobby
>>
>>445355
Tech support is best found on the respective discord boards. OR you could try /g/. While I'm not able to provide any insight. it IS the 1st time I've heard of an issue like this.
>>
>>445540
hey still thank you!
maybe i will fix it but i dont want to brick any more drives because im running out of them fast!
>>
>>
It's Friday and the start of another great weekend to play City of Heroes!

Hoping to hear good news from Unity soon!
>>
>>447374
City of Heros?
More like, city of lame.
/e flex
>>
File: Checkmark on the box.png (26 KB, 1014x269)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
So apparently HC had a patch today. Not gonna link to it or even look at it in it's entirety because my doctor says I have an extreme allergy to genitalia from Argentina.

But I WILL take a moment to laugh at pic related. Yes apparently Arachnos with it's "survival of the fittest" ideologies, has instituted GENDER QUOTAS on HC. The only group in game I can think of that is LESS PC then Arachnos is the 5th Column. (Anyone taking bets on when they give this "update" to the Council/5th Column?)
>>
File: Ohwaityoureserious.jpg (80 KB, 481x314)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
aeon strike force is amazing and possibly better than anything ever put out on live. i didnt even notice we had gay arachnos now who cares
>>
File: 5th.png (507 KB, 661x633)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
Coming soon to HC! (But you can already make a char like this on Thunderspy.
>>
See you in game!
>>
File: CoV.jpg (58 KB, 428x610)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>
File: Anchor.png (893 KB, 911x979)
893 KB
893 KB PNG
Patch on Thunderspy yesterday!

# Costume Additions

* Illithid added for Female and Huge
* Bone Thief added for Female and Huge
* Tentacle Hair added for Male and Huge
* Anchor Titan Weapon
* Invisible Weapons
* Rikti Monkey head for female unlocked with Zookeeper badge
* Rikti head for huge unlocked with Zookeeper badge
* Feathered tail

# Costume Fixes

* Fixed minor issue with Tentacle Hair for female
* Fixed clipping issue with Female Spring Foot
* Fixed missing Behemoth head geo for male
* Wealth Aura and Money Bag can be unlocked with Superstar (or Midas Touch) badge

# Bug Fixes

* Empathize doesn't crash the power customization menu anymore.

# Enhancements

Enhancements that have already been slotted will work at 100% effectiveness even if they can't be slotted anymore. Such enhancements will have an orange level label. This is so characters that were slotted before the recent overhaul to enhancements will be grandfathered in.
>>
File: Badge_Earned.png (151 KB, 564x477)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>
File: thunderspy_postcard.png (820 KB, 1085x610)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
>>
File: Wishyouwerehere.jpg (411 KB, 700x400)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>
File: City of snake.png (914 KB, 750x849)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>>
thunderspy!
>>
>>452739
>* Anchor Titan Weapon
>* Invisible Weapons
>* Wealth Aura and Money Bag can be unlocked with Superstar (or Midas Touch) badge
THANK YOU GOD! Also wild how this is the first weapon custom-added to the game and naturally no news site will cover this. Fucking revolutionary.
>>
>>448614
What a fucking joke. So they focus on diversity for an evil villain organization than actually fixing or improving shit. Ironic.
>>
File: Laughing_Template2.jpg (77 KB, 481x314)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>
>>454359
I mean, I know this isn’t really a place to even defend Homecoming but throwing in diversity hires into arachnos isn’t really all they’re doing. Some other stuff includes:
>placate is now going to be a targeted AoE (I think TSpy did this too, didn’t they?)
>New variants on costume pieces such as a clueless officer belt and a two pistol variant (also clueless), various gold bricker costume pieces being added
>New Strikeforce on redside
>The addition of Seismic blast and Seismic manipulation to blasters. (Also I think corruptors and defenders on the blast portion)
>expansion of Cimerora to include the Fort interior and the Sybil island with appropriate spawns
>new enhancements sets.
>new inner tube emotes
>various power adjustments/bug fixes
>more base items
Those are the big ones off the top of my head. They’re not quite as impressive as other servers but it does add something.
>>
File: Mender Lazarus.png (367 KB, 567x343)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
Timetravel is lame
>>
>>454448
I feel like City of Heroes at least pulled it off well enough:
>primarily a vehicle to let players go through content they missed
>The big plot relevant part is tied to Cimerora and standard nazi time travel plot*
>which in turn was used as a way to bring back the Fifth Column
*one thing that always bugged me was that the journal you get off Requiem in the ITF mentions Cimerora is but one of MANY temporal strongholds of the Fith Column. Why did we never look into that shit? Seems kind of pressing that for all we know Requiem had a base built right under the Phalanx HQ or right under a toilet pre-incarnate Statesman will one day sit under and this time find a potatoe masher grenade crammed up his colon.
>>
>>454450
Didn't Blueside Portal Corp do that?
Axis America etc.
>>
>>454559
Not to my knowledge. The Reichsman TF/SF was a Fifth Column splinter group apparently missing the memo or getting impatient and opting to contact Axis America for reinforcements in exchange for Reichsman’s freedom. Axis America itself is just an alt timeline where the Axis won WWII and had Statesman on their side. Judging by things it seems suggested even that the victory was relatively recent implying the Axis (more likely just Germany) somehow dragged out the war until roughly the early 2000’s. Also strange an alternate Statesman had such an influence on their WWII when primal timeline was explicitly still vulnerable to high powered conventional weapons and ended up face tanking a few too many panzer shells and needing to recover for the remainder of the war.
>>
Happy Veterans Day everyone!
>>
>>454828
Do you think Recluse is tired of hearing Happy Veterans Day?
>>
>>454843
Statesman sure is tired, DEAD tired!
>>
>>454859
Too soon wtf
>>
>>443722

PPD Sgt. John Yu waited for the arrival of the assigned detective at the nondescript intersection in King's Row. The well groomed Asian American man had an air of attentive indifference as other officers routed pedestrians around the taped off crime scene. Suddenly they let the detective through. It was the Sgt's older brother and he immediately asked "What have we got here Sgt.?"

"Detective. Approximately 3 hours and seventeen minutes ago, a small combat robot set up a folding card table and unfurled a sign that read 'Air tax 5¢'." He said in a prepared manner. "The robot then beckoned over passerby and asked them for a nickel. When presented with a nickel, the robot asked them to toss it in the air, at least 3 feet over their heads. A high-powered weapon was fired from an unknown location and went through the middle of the nickel and landed on the card table. The robot then picked up the nickel to show everyone and thanked the citizen for paying their air tax and suggested the rest to form a line. Everyone decided a nickel was a premium bargain and got in line. This went on for 22 minutes until the robot flew off to parts unknown. Throughout the incident the robot was polite but refused to say who sent it or why."

"Hmmm," mused the Detective "Unusual and yet not very interesting. If it weren't for the sniper shooting live ammo near civilians in the city, I'd be tempted to ignore it. But we can't ignore it and that tells us the motive." The detective kept going without waiting for the Sgt to ask what. "With a sniper in the open city, we HAVE to send units to look for them or face public outrage for not doing it. Those units could be doing something else, but without a solid cause they are locked into that task for the time being. As such, it's clearly a distraction while something else happens."
>>
>>455140

Just then, a small shape flew high overhead attracting the brothers attention. It dropped something which floated gently down on a small parachute and landed in the detective's hands. It was a small bright purple envelope. The Detective examined it and said "It's addressed to Sgt. John [Plugged Nickel] Yu." and handed it over...

And that is the completed chapter 1 thus far.
>>
Happy Friday everyone!
>>
File: Tspy.png (135 KB, 199x321)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>455743
Hi our guy
>>
>>455984
Does Super Girl play anymore? She didn't go back on her promise of only streaming Thunderspy did she? I miss McMahon.
>>
>>456030
I don't know if she does or not. Pretty sure she's not on when I play is what I can say.
>>
Thunderspy has a new website!
https://tspydev.eccentric.monster/
>>
>>456344
wow
such content

Neanwhile in a real server:
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/32394-beta-patch-notes-for-november-5th-2021-issue-27-second-chances-page-3-build-1/
>>
>>
File: HC on 4chan.png (51 KB, 543x189)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>456505
HC is advertising on 4chan again. :)
>>
File: HC Jimbles.png (79 KB, 1410x326)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
Because HC listens..
>>
File: maanquinnes.png (1 MB, 720x851)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
I've forgotten. Has HC put out any other updates this year? Meanwhile if you want yet more updates on HC, you're gonna feel like pic related.
>>
Meanwhile Thunderspy has a great looking new website! Check it out at..
https://tspydev.eccentric.monster/
>>
File: KzRifSdg.jpg (61 KB, 370x370)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>457106
>>456344
Fiend did this, didn't he? It looks like his old portal website, and goddamn does it look fucking nice.
>>
>>457396
Indeed he did! And everyone I've shown it to says it took some serious effort to make and probably took him weeks. But the results are awesome!
>>
File: cityofheroes_logo.jpg (43 KB, 432x610)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
Sorry, system was having issues. Getting it back though so I can play some City of Heroes!
>>
I love ThunderSpy!
>>
>>458394
Me too!
>>
>>
I say thunder, you say spy!
Thunder!
>>
>>459054
SPY around here!
>>
File: Macross prep.png (713 KB, 672x674)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
>>
>>459315
SAPPING MY SENTURY
>>
>>459758
what the fuck is a sentury
>>
>>459786
A Chinese tire brand
>>
File: SG MM.png (395 KB, 559x389)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>
File: Small fight.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1080)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
Even average clockwork can seem like giants to small characters on Thunderspy!
>>
File: back W1.png (1.42 MB, 1271x1110)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Tonight I am inspired to level an AR/Dev Blaster. :)
>>
Decided to make some small characters myself! More about them next thread!
>>
File: Flying eyeball.png (803 KB, 1085x610)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>>
Hi I wanted to ask what all the drama around Homecoming is. Specifically with sources to back the claims where possible.
>>
>>461115
Short answer is there's to much for 1 post. While the drama is dying down as overall community population dwindles, there are many with long memories. Including folks you might be more prone to trust like ERPmario, Senpai, and retched.

But you are also quite correct to ask for evidence as well. For this I point you to the archives board on the Thunderspy discord. We've been compiling there since the beginning.

These days they don't seem to put forth the massive efforts to attack other servers in the way that they used to, yet there always seems to be a troll on rotation in this thread somehow.

And finally, consider the existence of this very thread. Now I enjoy many parts of 4chan but it was never a "first choice" for advertising City of Heroes. But in effect they locked us out of other popular sites before news of the secret server ever broke. The largest facebook groups were directly controlled by them and effective promoting of other servers was NOT allowed and actively discouraged if you tried. Reddit still has issues although it HAS improved. (This all started in part because Leo was a reddit mod.)

But despite the lower mainstream popularity and visibility of 4chan, the audience it DOES reach are not sheep. They question and remain suspicious until they see for themselves on every board and every thread. AND it's an inherently neutral setting until you CAN convince folks. This has worked very much in the favor of the smaller servers here. Very often an HCDrone has come here and been called out on their BS before I can even see the post. And without a biased mod to cover for them they give up almost immediately.

So here, we get at least some advertising and HC cannot stop us.
>>
>>461115
I love ThunderSpy! Come join us!
>>
>>461270
..And that was the 500th post. The thread is now in auto-sage. Lasted over 10 weeks this time! This is because the worst trolls suddenly stopped posting early on. (Gee. What a shame.)
Now as OP I'll still be around and posting until the thread falls off of page 10. Not so long after that another thread will appear!
>>
>>461270
I do occasionally tinker with Thunderspy but I much prefer Rebirth. Thunderspy feels too heavily altered for my liking.
>>
One thing I would like to throw out there is that I created a NSFW City of Heroes subreddit which I have a feeling HC drones won't want to touch. Right now it only has 3 members but I do want to change that.

If anyone is interested it's r/CityofHeroesNSFW. I want it to be open in general to mature subject matter around the game. But keep in mind I'm a real freak when it comes to what I may post. XD
>>
>>461836
No worries. I was only recommending the Thunderspy discord , archives section, as a place that holds the answers you seek.
>>461839
More places to discuss City of Heroes sounds like it can be a good thing!

On another note, Unity server is still fighting to come back! They have the physical hardware now but are running into technical issues to sort through. I hope to have positive news before the thread dies!
>>
>>461935
And indeed I found the answers I was seeking there. The guy's on the Thunderspy discord were. Great help. I'd been a member for a while for this purpose but was not aware of the archive and controversy sections. Thanks for your help here too guys.

As for Unity returning. This would be fantastic! More servers the better. I'll prepare a flair on my subreddit for their return.
>>
>>461957
kill yourself nigger tourist
>>
>>461839
As someone who has seen the Everlasting ERP scene on homecoming I think the only thing that might keep them from coming to your subreddit would be awareness and them probably having their own networks already.

>>459459
That’s pretty damn cool.
>>
>>462013
fuck off
>>
>>462017
Why? What did I do?
>>
>>462088
go away faggot
>>
>>462013 #
Yup. That's why I'm currently slipping into Pocket D on Everlasting to advertise it.

I'm also learning 3D modeling so I should have something to share in terms of art on there eventually.

And I'm also advertising the game to outside parties with RPs and such. So I may even get some fresh blood in.

>>462210 #
Aww... You're so cute. Like a nippy little dog constantly barking at a stain on the wall it thinks is a face and is too stupid to to know any better.
>>
>>462230
Kill yourself you dumb attention whoring faggot this is an anonymous imageboard.
>>
File: 1415316117153.jpg (45 KB, 533x431)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>462017
>>462210
>>462269
When you're OP, then you can set expectations for the thread you create. As it is you're just risking being reported for various blue board violations

TL:DR You have no power here. :)
>>
>>462279
announcing reports is against the rules
>>
>>462279
Nobody fucking cares. This is why OP is always a faggot.
>>
>>462269
Ah I see now. Because I don't care about my anonymity it makes you feel like a coward which makes you insecure. And rather than grow a spine you throw a tantrum like a petulant child. What a wimp.
>>
>>462282
That's only if *I* was the one reporting. Enjoy your lesson on the rewards of being a fool.
>>
>>462362
>>462556
>I am hyper intelligent, you have already lost.
*tips fedora*
>>
File: CURSE YOU.png (2.21 MB, 1264x1004)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
Anyway, fuck AE farming
>>
And if you want more mature conversation and roleplay around City of Heroes check out r/CityofHeroesNSFW

The subreddit is still a work in progress but more people should help me perfect it.
>>
>>462992
fuck off nigger
>>
>>463553
Aww... Are you threatened by me?

In any case my subreddit is neutral ground. So while I will allow Homecoming content there I will show them no favouritism. Actually the hard part would be keeping myself from downplaying homecoming content when most homecoming players are unaware of the drama and are innocent (not all but any homecoming shill raiders will not get far).
>>
>>463703
reddit is a shithole that you control and censor so you don't get your feelings hurt
>>
>>463845
>>
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm thankful that City of Heroes can never be lost again! It's out in the wild now and ANYONE can set up a server! Unlike what Leo and SCORE did where there was just one single point of failure.
>>
>>463845
True indeed. Good thing I'm a hyper pro free speech nut.
>>
>>463887
Couldn't agree more. Everything's better decentralized.
>>
Happy Black Friday everyone! This year we are happy to announce that..

City of Heroes is STILL FREE!!

And by that I mean, it's free to download! Free to play! NO COSTS WHATSOEVER!! Instructions on how to get the game in the OP. List of servers in the 2nd post. Come check it out!
>>
Ignore 3rd post server and if you want to RP come join me on Rebirth. I'm @Sean1M.
>>
Cryptic has expressed interest in buying the IP and possibly setting up new official servers, but NCSoft doesn't give a shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.