[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 129 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: splitgate.jpg (79 KB, 939x526)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
what's /vm/'s opinion of this game?
>>
the fuck is this shit
>>
Microtransaction store and Skinner box designed around a mediocre shooter that drip feeds you cosmetics to make you log in. The portal mechanic isn't that deep, you can "outsmart" 70% of the retards with it but most people use to it go get into the middle of map or not at all. The portals also remove any semblance of frontlines or direction on a map, enemies could literally appear behind you even though you spawned at your base there is no sense of "that part of the map is theirs" except the red/blue colored buildings, it makes everything feel like a Free For All mode. It also makes you not focus on the map itself because traversal is practically meaningless when you can get portals to get to the other side of the map instantaneously

The kill time is so low you can't really use portal mid-fight, so its only really there for mobility and the occasional ambush. I've played it for around 10 hours its alright, the weapons are good. The best thing I can possibly say that it doesn't have ADS.
>>
File: cool as ice.png (176 KB, 586x426)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
looks kinda promising so far especially with the servers being full, hopefully it doesnt end up as yet another dead on arrival movement shooter
>>
>>369876
I really like it, but console players are really annoying to play against imo, when you AR fight them they always win thanks to aim assist
>>
It's the only "active" "afps" (too halo not enough quake but it's the best were gonna get) so i'll be playing it until halo infinite kills the whole player base.
>>
>>370431
Have you played Diabotical? I haven't but I saw it was an afps with more mobility
>>
>>370434
It's Okay but the egg bots are gay
>>
>>370437
kek, what about toxikk? I know it only has 40/50 players but you may still be able to find games
>>
wtf how did the game get so popular? I tried it for a little bit a year ago but left it for diabotical. I've moved on from diabotical tho so I think I'll give it another chance
>>
>>370539
It released on PS4/5 Xbox One/Series X so it gained popularity, they also changed some stuff. And people are impatient to play the new season releasing in 2 days
>>
>>370000
I think the outsmarting portal problem comes from the map design being mediocre rather then then the way portals are used. Not enough vertical play, weird map design choices, and too many places to put your portal.
>>
I played it for like 20 hours on release, but there wasn't really enough players and never got around to playing it again. It was a ton of fun though. I paid the $20 for the "I'm cool edition" because I really liked the idea of this game.
>>
Tried like 5 times to join a game and gave up.
>>
I feel like this game will be unheard of in a few weeks. It's popular because streamers are being payed to play it
>>
>>374230
No streamers are being paid to play it, ironically almost no streamers are streaming the new Halo Infinite, which is weird, I thought all the top streamers would be all over the beta, I guess Halo isn't gonna kill this game like everyone thought.
>>
>>374230
Exact opposite, literally anyone of note streamed it 2 years ago, people are so sick of the BR formula that there is genuine player interest in anything that isn't. I mean, Shroud is playing New World for Christ sake.
>>
I think the maps are dogshit and the weapons are hard to tell apart when they're laying on the grounmd
>>
Interesting concept, terrible execution.
The artstyle is fucking atrocious. Too many colors and too much noise. All the character models are a mess and the guns all look the same at a glance. It has that generic cartoony scifi style that everyone is copying these days and it looks awful. You have to turn off post processing and anti aliasing or you can't see anything.
Not enough content. You just have several slight variations on team deathmatch and that's it. No objectives, utility, grenades, advanced movement, or teamplay.
Portal mechanic is interesting but not very practical because of the limited portal placement. I assume they did this because portals are opaque for enemies so you can peek for free but the game has nothing else going for it. There's not enough portal floors or verticality to build up speed with it either.
That fucking overwatch scoreboard, get that shit out of here. I never want to see it ever again.
>>
>>377151
that sounds like nitpicking
>>
The artstyle is either lost or made with random assets. I myself dont really care i could play with fucking quake blobs know what i mean.

The game plays very very well though and once you get used to the portals you are finding angles on people and its very fun
>>
File: 1626362295596.png (20 KB, 225x225)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Are you fucking kidding me?
Splitgate came out in like 2019 and only now you people are noticing it exists?
>>
>>377258
why did it get big again all the sudden? Was it not a beta back then?
>>
>>377269
Console release, once it hit Xbox/PS word spread and the game became popular again.
>>
>>377190
This smells like a shill post.
>>
>>370434
Diabotical has like 50 active players
>>
>>369876
oh cool the worst parts of halo combined with the worst possible use and implementation of portals. how exciting!
>>
"Split Gate"? Only a plebeian worm such as yourself would engage in playing sessions of such a sad and idiotic game. Unlike you low IQ apes, I please my optical sensors with only the finest of entertainment. I'll bet that you're inquiring as to what source of entertainment I am referring to. Although I don't expect you to comprehend it, the arena fps in question is "Quake Champions". You see, the gameplay is vastly superior to that of "Splitgate". First of all "Split Gate" relies heavily on aim assist, while the player performance in "Quake Champions" is pure skill and well thought out before being put in place. Second of all "Split Gate" is extremely unfaithful to its source material (Halo, for you simpletons) while "Quake Champions" is just as good if not better than playing "Quake World". I could go on and on about how "Split Gate" is vastly inferior to "Quake Champions" but I highly doubt that you have the mental capability to process such logic. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour a glass of brandy whilst I redigest the latest episode of "Quake Pro League" so I can make an entry about it to the "Liquid" wikia. Hopefully, I can forget about ever having the displeasure of interacting with you.*Sighs... How tedious.
>>
It's fun but the two biggest problems i've noticed is
>angles don't exist because you can be faced from an infinite amount of places
>controller aim assist creates the same problem MCC has. Low to mid range fights are autowins for controllers because they can't make mistakes and you can
>>
>>370434
>vq3
>more mobility
It would have more mobility if QL players didn't bitch to the high heavens about dash and kill the game
>>
>have to wait 30 minutes to 1 hour in order to play
no thanks.
>>
>>378487
not the fault of QL, but of players. Arena FPS (precisely Quake-like) dried out years ago and every game that intended to revive the genre (Quake Champions, Toxikk, Lawbreakers that everyone has forgotten, and more) but failed miserably. Because it has been a niche genre, like RTS and people are more focused on games with easier access like CS:GO, Valorant or COD:Warzone.
>>
>>378758
tldr
>>
>>369876
Fun but needs more polish, especially in the sound department.
I like the portal mechanic but not being able to see through other player's portals is pretty detrimental (at least the reticle turns red through them).
Queue times are the biggest bullshit the game has right now.
CBF dealing with microtransactions/battle pass so it's nice for the price of free.
>>370434
They traded washed out and simplified textures for visual clarity (and for the map maker) and it makes the game feel unfinished.
At the end of the day, why play yet another Quake clone when Quake Live & CPMA exist?
>>
>>370000

Holy fuck this is the most asisine and retarded opinion i've seen on 4chan in a minute - this entire critique is built around the idea that the portals, which are FUNDAMENTAL to the way the game plays, are just wrong? are you fucking retarded? legitimately handicapped?
>>
>>378281
imagine being this autistic
>>
>>369876
Mechanically its fine, but the map design is really shit. I think it would be a lot more complex and interesting if you could free shoot portals on a majority of surfaces, with "no portal" surfaces being the rare exception rather than the majority.
>>
File: download (1).png (6 KB, 244x207)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>369876
i wish the hud was a bit bigger/more customizable to be in line with weapon reticles and stuff (baffling that shit like that is included)

weapons all feel fucking great, however i want sprint to die a terrible death and just increase base movement speed. in order to keep halo 2ish controls i had to not assign it to anything on the xbox controller, but still outfrag most of my opponents by a cartoonish margin bc most are sprint spamming retards

portal and velocity mechanics are cool, grenades should bounce instead of being like contact nades from cod:AW, or give an insta kill on impact. melee from the back should do more damage, not an instant kill like in halo though

map design is good so far, and i love the art direction/tone its very impressive from a small team and i hope it brings people back to fun shooters instead of cash grab BR COD clone sprint/slide bullshit
>>
>>377151
looks like unreal/halo shut the fuck up nerd
>>
>>379375
Is CPMA picking up?S
>>
I played it a bit recently and thought it was kinda fun.
The biggest problem in the game I've found is that at least half the players are extreme retards and I can't even tell if they're real people or bots, so it got boring kinda quick.
Other than that the weapons all kinda look the same, and I'd like to see bigger matches than just 8 people total.
The portal mechanic was fun to play with and use, the game could be really good if it had more people that knew how to play a shooter
>>
It's a fun game that has potential for great success in the future if the devs treat it and the community well. It's really fun and helps scratch that Halo itch that 343's too incompetent to do. The only thing Infinite has over this is art style, because this game is fucking ugly as shit.

Hopefully it does do well to encourage other indie devs to start making more Halo clones.
>>
>>379783
Assuming you didn't mean to type "/s" at the end of your post, I'd say its still on life support.
Easier to just organise games through Discord than to try pickup and play games (although the custom bots range from decent to aimbot annihilation).
>>
Team SWAT is goat. Holy shit people cannot headshot for shit.
>>
>>370434
>quake but you have to download epic store
lol
>>
>>379858
what level were you? You play with bots till you reach level 10.
>>
>>370443
toxikk is like unreal. it's ok but does little new. the bigger maps with vehicles ("halo style" maps) aren't really that good imo. weapons are neat, and having limited invisibility and being able to play dead is really fun. however the game is more dead than other arena shooters, since it was barely alive even on launch.
>>
The gameplay loop gets incredibly boring fast. The portal mechanic is completely wasted. Trying to setup some elaborate portal tricks is pointless when everyone has insta respawns.
>>
this came up in my stream recommended so I tried it and I'm having fun but something funky is up, I'm ASS at fps games and I was mopping people up, consistently enough to make me do a big fucking think. I wonder if new players are getting some kind of invisible damage increase / reduction bonus to try and hook them in so they'll gib monnies
>>
>>380971
some people were taking over voice chat in my games so I dont think it was all bots
>>
>>381274
no you just get skill based matchmaking against shitters
>>
>>380971
I was kinda thinking that but I played for a few levels after 10 and it didn't really change that much.
Some enemies I noticed were good but the majority were still awful.
One example, I was playing oddball and I was running around a room with a giant portalable wall behind me instakilling anyone that ran in through one of the two doors. Again and again and again the enemies just ran straight in through the doorway and I can see them coming on the minimap, literally just doing the exact same thing over and over and just dying repeatedly when all they had to do was place a portal and shoot me in the back.
>>
>>370000
>The best thing I can possibly say that it doesn't have ADS.
Uh... anon... it does...? I've used ADS plenty of times, it's just a zoom function, not actual iron sights.
>>
>>369876
gaming with the lads

https://streamable.com/ivg2yl
https://streamable.com/s34iru

since these i've started using portals properly too, my aim is still bad cause i haven't played fps in ages but i'm having a good time
>>
Team balance is just beyond fucked. Lost 10 out of 10 matches with me being top 2 each game.
>>
>>379375
I think the portal design is intentional to prevent the enemy (and you) from simply camping teammates/enemy portals.

I agree it's kind of stupid to go in blind, but I get what they were trying to go for.

>>379547
I mean their point about people not really using portals or using them just to move around the map is right: Portal placement is awkward and using it in combat just doesn't feel as smooth as Portal, no matter the Portal-isms (momentum, only on certain walls, etc).

If the devs tweaked it (or competitive players play it, which is doubtful given it's niche and FotM), I'd strongly change my opinion but as it is dropping the portals wouldn't really change the game too much in my experience other than surprise flanks.
>>
When i was on the club map I'd go up to the top rooms where the battle rifle spawns and just shoot people from up there. Farming kills was laughably easy. Enemies rushing the room on foot make noise + show up on minimap so I'd just turn around and usually win the 1v1. Usually the only time someone killed me was when they portal'd behind me. More competent players than I was up against would probably be more aggressive about using portals to punish people camping vantage points like that.
>>
>>382327
do you mean the sniper?
>>
bro the controller aim assist is fucking insane
>>
>Unable to connect to Splitgate servers
I want to try this game, but I guess not. Running it as admin upgrades the problem to
>Unable to log: in you are not logged in to steam

How bad is the controller aim assist anyway? Is it actually worth swapping to a controller or is it just overblown?
>>
>>382878
if you run around a corner and run into a controllerfag they'll win that skrimish ~80% of the time because strafing does nothing against them. unless you land instant consecutive headshots and just out DPS them because they're going to magdump your body. it just sucks. if they've got a shotgun you're pretty much dead.
>>
>>369876
Splitgate is trash, it tries to deceive you by disguising bots as real human opponents.
>>
>>382895
prove it. there are like 60k players at any given time, with a fucking queue time to even log in. why would they need bots? retard
>>
>>382902
- Check "recent players" on steam after a match, you will get a fraction of the names from your matches.
- Actually observe how your opponents are playing and you'd have to be retarded to not recognize, or at least be suspicious that many of them are not human players.
- Many user names are generic and sound randomly generated, with the most tame and uninspired avatars ever.
- Do a google search: "Does splitgate have bots in matchmaking"

>why would they need bots?
I don't know, but if I had to guess, it could be related to the study that many people quit FPS games forever if their first few matches go poorly for them. So Splitgate pit people against bots disguised as people, so the new players can feel like gods. Also, Splitgate hasn't had a very large playerbase until just now, basically. So the bots were probably more required to fill matches, but never removed once the player count surged.

None of this is new in the industry. It has been going on for a while, especially in mobile games.

>retard
no u
>>
>>382902
>>382912
also nobody ever talks
>>
>>382912
>>382916
You do realize that Steam won't list players because the game is CROSS PLAY, right?
>>
>>369876
I like it but the shotgun is kinda op. It kills at close range AND mid- range. Makes it an unstoppable
>>
>>383196
You have to be retarded if you think that the players before level 10 aren't bots. Maybe it's different on console, but on PC the opponents never use portals, always run around the corners no matter how many times you kill them, no reaction to emotes, no gun changes during loading screen and don't move camera during initial countdown. Either you're a console pleb or you can't handle the fact that the only games where you had a positive k/d ratio were against down syndrome level AI.
>>
Shitty maps is what's going to kill the game desu
>>
>get killed
>watch death cam
>the outside of the guy's reticle isn't even touching my head
>every shot is a hit
>die
besides the aim assist and bullet magnetism the maps suck and having five weapons that can one shot you in a game with high ttk is bad game design
>>
Are your first games against bots? I've died only once in first 2 games.
>>
>>381599
>its just halo SWAT with portals
ew
>>
>first swat
>you can still kill people with bodyshots
>>
I honestly believe the guns are a little too strong.
>>
>>369876
tons of potential, with only a few minor annoyances.
>>
>>374536
>halo
you know the tech preview test is over right?
>>
>>377151
>art style
it's fine, but i guess you're one of those unreal purists that cant play anything that isnt doom or tournament
>not enough content
it's literally a beta you triple fucking dumbass
>OW scoreboard
kill yourself.
>>
>>384289
err you can do that too in gaylo
>>
>it's literally a beta you triple fucking dumbass
Does someone want to tell this retard that a beta is literally just a process of finding bugs and that content is unlikely to come out for a long time?
>>
Is this any good, niggas?
>>
File: 1577656853099.gif (580 KB, 355x318)
580 KB
580 KB GIF
Niggas better get ready for Saturday
>>
>>384899
I mean, the game's been out for 2 years at this point. I haven't been following what exactly is going on with this relaunch, but it seems like the beta moniker is only being used to drum up interest and excuse any lingering issues with the game, rather than actually being a beta.
>>
File: meh.png (143 KB, 2051x1365)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>6GB mininum RAM
Sorry lads, but I guess I'll skip the next week
>>
>it's free
Nice
>>
File: 1444357596556.jpg (195 KB, 1599x664)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>384834
>>
>>370000
A month goes by and no one mentions the fact that this post got quads?!?!? Also, good explanation of the game, glad I read it, now I know not to play vidyanight this weekend. Hopefully we get something better next week.
>>
>>369876
How do I enable vulkan?
>>
>>384969
I have 4 and it runs ok once the textures load in
>>
>>369876
its ok. casual is way too easy, but ranked? ranked is whatll put hair on your nutsack
>>
>>378281
is this pasta?
>>
>>384899
If you join the official discord you can see the new content that is actively being worked on retard.
>>
I don't know how I feel about the potential for the portals. I know they've designed the maps around it quite well, like how you can never shoot portals on both ends of the map unless you're at a mid-point between the two due to well-constructed sightlines and sectioned off rooms. It just seems like this could get really broken through teammates creating portals for each other that then let them teleport all over the map, and I don't know if that's a negative of being overpowered or a positive because it requires a large amount of coordination.
>>
File: ut_all_alone.png (13 KB, 320x20)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>385091
I'll give it a try then. Hate to leave my /vm/ bros all alone
>>
>>385196
The game is fucked on a baseline. It's literally completely shameless about throwing every chink psychological trick in the book in your face to get you hooked on playing longer than it deserves to be played.
Skins, fortnite main menu with CONSTANT prompts to check cosmetics on the store which by the way is fomo like Fortshite. There's loot boxes that encourage gambling drip fed to you everytime you level like in Overwatch. You also unlock skins in the same manner as CoD games. Getting kills/headshots. There's daily/weekly challenges like in Gears of War or WoW. There's ranked to try get you addicted to a meaningless number no one cares about.
Map design is fuck awful.

Portals are opaque to everyone but yourself so everyone literally just hides in secluded rooms and peeks through portals that only they can see through to get free kills. They don't even have to expose themselves so you're like forced to assume one of the dozen or so opaque portals are probably being occupied and if you don't blindfire into them wildly people kill you with a 1s ttk or some one shot gun.

The game has radar like Destiny so you see people fucking sprinting on a radar thing. YEAH BRO MY HEARTBEAT SENSOR CAN'T QUITE PICK YOU UP CAN YOU DO SOME CARDIO SO YOUR HEART PUMPS QUICK ENOUGH SO MY SENSOR CAN PICK IT UP THANKS BRO

Oh yeah the daily/weekly challenges are often done in such a way that at least one of them absolutely requires spending money.
Oh and there's a battlepass system.
And instead of buying anything directly from the store you buy a fake currency from which you can buy stuff. Kinda like a carnival. And ofcourse nothing is priced in such a way so you actually use up your money. Nor is anything priced so its affordable off a bundle of one currency. Better buy two currency packs instead bro. I don't fuck with micro transactions but it's downright predatory.

The community is full of 30 IQ console nogs that get butthurt if you make any sort of basic call out in ranked.
>>
>>385196
>>385684 continued
Like this makes b4b look competent.
It is unironically the worst FPS I have ever played in my life. The game design is at odds with itself.
Like you have a gamemode with 3 capture points right? And you have portals. Which completely fucking mitigate any distance between the points. You try to defend anything and 4 niggers instantly pop through and fry you.
You just get fucking farmed if you try to defend objectives in this game. Everyone just hangs back farming frags. The meta when you cap a point is to literally just spam portals all over the walls so it takes up space so no one can portal onto the objective directly. Then just hold angles firing at chokes. There's no cooldown on portals. You can cancel your own portals at will. You can throw a portal down and peek for free and if somehow you don't get the kill or are in any danger to blindfire somehow you can just instantly close it. You are in no actual danger. Engagements can end on a whim. The counter to portals is supposed to be emp grenades. But you see you only spawn with 2 with no way to replenish them. They break enemy portals in a small aoe and have a far throwing distance.
But do the math here. 2 consumable items vs 0s cd portals
People literally just pop the portal down again after you break it lmao
No area of denial or disabling the wall from portals. Nope.
That aside its fucking dumb that they think a fucking emp would close a portal.
It's not an electrical device you're throwing at the wall or anything.
Oh yeah and it's got forced crossplay with console niggers and the aim assist is literally aimbot tier
So pop in a controller and you just don't miss. Which brings me to that. The game has been in beta since 2018 and has done nothing to address any of this shit. The entire popularity spike you see is driven entirely by the fact they pushed the game onto consoles.
>>
>>385196

>>385684
>>385686
continued

It's like some retarded xbox stoners thought they'd merge halo and portal and it was a cute little experiment and all but by god is portal with guns unfun.
This shit will go back to being dead in a month.
I brought the game up in a group chat and everyone unanimously shit on the game, agreed to uninstall and had the same complaints.
Netcodes kinda janky. People shooting around corners practically even on low pings.
No amount of content will fix any of the above. You are not playing an Alpha. You are playing the finished product. And it is shit beyond measure.
>>
>>384115
Here's the fun part about a game like this. Once the novelty of portal with guns wears off you begin to realise the the one unique thing about the game works to fuck every fundamental principal of map control in an FPS. No map could possibly save the game. Cause the very core mechanic of using portals to instantly transport anywhere instantly invalidates anything you could possibly do to make a good map. They'll all play exactly the same.
>>
>>380497
Team swat is dumb as fuck you should only have carbines. Everyone just rolls around with battle rifles cause 3 quick chances at a instant kill is mostly better than an overall more accurate gun generally.
>>
>>385684
I had some fun with the beta but I dropped the game on purpose, I know this game has no future for me when it's loaded up to the neck with this f2p bullshit every game has these days
>>
>>385692
Game could only hold me for 7 hours. I couldn't stomach any more after that. I usually put hundreds if not thousands of hours into games.
>>
>>370345
>looks kinda promising so far especially with the servers being full
I'm willing to bet my balls that's literally just there in place as a way to justify loading times while pawning it off as "queueing to log in". Xbox did this back in the day. The system would literally turn itself off in between loading screens and reboot because it would otherwise shit itself and crash due to memory leaks. Valve admitted that the estimates on CSGO queue times were intentionally way longer than the actual average because it would 'feel good' to the player to get a 'fast' queue pop. In reality, they're being duped. And then you have DOTA who regularly used to have player feedback reports at the end of matches. Valve admitted they did infact do absolutely nothing and were put in place to give players some sense of catharsis if it so happened to be a player they didn't get along with. They had no effect on any player whatsoever. Then you saw riot do the same shit in League of Legends. You could report players for playing bad. Did it do anything? No. Absolutely not. You just burned reports and the devs too admitted it was simply to placate angry players. Modern video games are full of cheap parlour tricks to keep you playing and fool you into thinking the games more alive. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the games full of bots like Spellbreak and Paladins was.
>>
>>385550
wtf you guys played UT?
>>
>>369876
im glad they rebuilt it, i play weekly, not bad or good, just halo 2 clone gameplay and its free.
>>
>>385782
>halo 2 clone gameplay
so it's just bxr spam?
>>
>>385687
hi James, still salty that you fucked up Diabotical?
>>
File: NiltvAZqEEYAAAAM.gif (239 KB, 220x292)
239 KB
239 KB GIF
>>385684
>>385686
>>
>>379375
>quake clone
splitgate has halo gunplay and movement. it's a halo clone
>>
>>385684
>skins, challenges, etc. etc. to keep you playing
Just ignore it if you're not a child, lol
>portals are opaque to everyone but yourself
Just throw EMP grenades or fire into the portals, lol
>yeah but the problem is that you're forced to assume they're occupied
Portals flash when there's people behind them, lol
>the game has radar like Destiny
The game has a radar like Halo, lol
>oh yeah and there's a battlepass etc. etc.
Just ignore it if you're not a child, lol
>I don't buy MTX but I think it's predatory
Anyone dumb enough to buy these shit cosmetics deserves it, lol
>>385686
>you try to defend anything with 4 niggers instantly pop in
Maps are designed so portal surfaces near points are easily defended against or otherwise requires them to put themselves nearby, in the open, and in danger to portal onto them, lol
>the meta is to spam portals on the wall so no one can portal in
People easily toss EMP grenades across the map to stop this, not to mention it's nigh-impossible owing to how much there are for portable surfaces within a single area, lol
>but there's only 2 EMP grenades vs 0s portals
>no way to counter portals
There's plenty of counter-play against them: if they're crossmap then they can't reportal and camp, and if they're close, then it gives you time to adjust and kill them, lol
>all these complaints about "oh this isn't how I would expect this tech to work in real life"
It's a video game with portals and jetpacks, lol

Git gud, lol
>>
>>385687
>People shooting around corners practically even on low pings.
it's because of bullet magnetism. the game not only has aim assist for controllers it also has bullet magnetism which effectively makes the hit boxes larger. you can kill people without even having your crosshair on them
>>
File: zooped.png (105 KB, 1500x1414)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>385687
git gud nigger
>>
I think the maps are kind of lame and more of the guns could be unique. The actual gameplay is fun though
>>
>>385684
>>385686
Oof, looks like it's not worth my time.
>>
I think this game is fun
>>
>>385991
>>386016
Minimal effort smooth brain retorts. Seethe your games shit and WILL be dead in a month. F2P Chink FOTM FPS.
>>
>>385829
Go back to Discord, tranny.
>>
>>385829
I hope the Taliban shows upto whatever gay club you frequent and slits your throat.
>>
>>385813
I didn't even play diabotical.
>>
>>385782
its more halo 3 than halo 2
>>
>>377900
>shooter only has a pc playerbase
>nobody gives shit
>consoletards join the fray
>suddenly, explosion of popularity because pcfags can finally get some easy kills
fotm, will die immediately
>>
>>377258
>>377269
it's still in a beta
>>
>>386194
>>386099
Why are so mad people like this? lmao
>>
>>386242
shut the fuck up ESL
>>
>>386243
:^)
>>
>>386242
You don't even know very, very basic grammar and you think you're somehow at a point of inferring tone and intent in English?
>>
>>386255
see
>>386249
>>
>its halo with portals
why the fuck couldnt we just make diabotical servers for /vm/ gamenight?
>>
Why is this game getting so popular now? What did they change versus the beta that was, maybe 2 years ago now? I heard its Open Source now?
>>
>>386518
they got enough money to invest into advertising it somehow
>>
>>386417
You have no grounds to complain since you apparently didn't push for Diabotical to be on the poll. Splitgate wouldn't even have been hard to beat: it only got like 5 votes, but it won nonetheless because people like you would rather complain than make suggestions and vote
>>
>>386242
I don’t really understand why people are seething about this game itt. It’s a free to play arena shooter, that has some fun mechanics. Good change of pace from all the Battle Royale shit that’s come out. I’m enjoying it.
>>
File: El Doktor.png (361 KB, 420x515)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
The way you get skins in this game is cancer, but I'll forgive it all for letting me play as Dailydoseman with his pill-shaped helmet
>>
File: urgrgrgr.jpg (81 KB, 698x659)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>386417
>>386194
>>386099
>>385687
Sneedgate's Feedgate and Seedgate
>>
>>385684
>game uses elements of other games that are massively successful
>c-c-chink tricks
Cope, cleetus
>>
File: f19.jpg (24 KB, 277x296)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>369876
The best developed thing about the game is non-ironically the bat and they gave a melee item ammo (energy) so its limits your uses.
>pic related
>>
Is there no scoreboard after the round ends or am I being retarded?
Leaning towards the latter, I only realized this game had a radar after reading this thread and had no idea where my ammo was displayed either
>>
>>387198
You have to click match stats button in the bottom right in the after game lobby. At least that's how it is on PC.
>>
>>387013
enjoy being milked for all you're worth piggy
>>
>plug in controller
>aim assist out the ass
shit game
>>
Yeah just uninstall game is shit and deserves a swift death.
>>
>>387261
>plug in controller
>no longer able to use portals properly
retard
>>
>>387261
The game is more about movement than aiming desu, kb+m shits all over controllers in that aspect.
>>
>>369876
>>>/vg/347597521
>>
>>387379
Movement doesn't mean fuck all if aim assist is a literal aimbot for retards.
>>
>>387628
it does when this game DEMANDS on the spot 360s when youre constantly getting shot in the back
the controller can not keep up no matter how good the aim assist is, if youre losing to controller players you are just straight up dogshit and need to learn the game period
this is the ONE game aim assist could be an actual aimbot and it wouldnt matter because portals matter MORE
>>
>>387628
>>387647
Why don't you guys just do a 1v1 and settle things that way.
>>
>>387649
I'm not reinstalling this piece of shit. Would happily play an actual FPS though.
>>
>>387649
because if he loses its because of le epic aim assist and if he wins im so bad not even aim assist can let me beat him
theres no winning with shit tier excuse players like him who dont realize they dont win not because of other players but because theyre simply not good enough
>>
>>387652
so play me in a game where there is no aim assist
>>
>>387654
whats the literal fucking POINT in that
what matters in THIS game is the fucking portals you complete moron
>>
>>387655
And this game is a piece of shit. If you want to call me out on my mechanical skill then do so on a game that won't be dead in two weeks.
>>
>>387656
so fucking piss off, nobody cares because youre a literal who who nobody will ever play with willingly
you have no friends, you have nothing besides your text on an imageboard and you choose to use it on a thread for a game you dont like
shut your god damn mouth and kill yourself slime
>>
>>387658
holy projection
>>
>>387659
>projection
oh im the one posting in the thread about a game I dislike?
>>
>>387660
Do you even know what a projection is? you're projecting your own deeply seated problems onto others. that's what projection is. I have friends and I'm allowed critique games if I have a problem with them. This isn't some reddit safe space so you can all circlejerk about the game and never address anything that's wrong with it. You can fuck off to the official forums for that.
>>
>>387661
and youre still here
posting in a thread about a game you dont like
>>
>>387662
And? We're having what's called a conversation. Why are you surprised I'm still here? Would it be more convenient for you if I just left the thread so you can act like you blew me the fuck out or something?
>>
>>387628
There's no aim assist when shooting portals though, so controllers are automatically at a disadvantage.
>>
>>386709
This.
Next time push for dota and push HARD. Kino could be ours.
>>
>>387670
The rule should be that you have to play carries as supports and supports as carries and do retarded item builds for fun. No tryharding allowed.
>>
if anyone wants to help a gamer out
heres my referral HCLZU1
>>
>>383876
>All this cope
Again: The game is cross-play. STEAM WILL NOT LIST THOSE PLAYERS. You can check this by looking at the console/controller icon on a persons name in the lobby and checking "recent players" on Steam.

Ergo: You're a retard, because I'm specifically calling out:

>>382912
> Check "recent players" on steam after a match, you will get a fraction of the names from your matches.

There may be bots: I don't disagree that half the playerbase is retarded when it comes to the game. But to think "Steam recent players" is the smoking gun is hilarious and proves YOU are the retard, moron.
>>
>>384289
You can do that in Halo as well. SWAT is just a lower TTK with some minor shields while head-shots are instant kills.
>>
Despite being public, no one joins my custom games. Is this a bug? On PC by the way.
>>
>>385684
>>385686
>>385687
Thanks for breaking down Splitgate anon. Nice effortpost. I'm going to play some other games off my backlog until the next (hopefully good) FOTM MP game comes out.
>>
>>386099
It's the real answer though. A lot of your complaints clearly come from a place of first impressions and kneejerk reactions, and they'll go away after you get adjusted to the game. That's not to say Splitgate is an acquired taste, it's saying that you've just completely misunderstood the gameplay from your current POV and your complaints are falsehoods that stem from ignorance (aside from the MTX stuff, since that is cancer no matter which way you cut it). That's why the longer point-by-point reply you replied to can be so simple in those points, since the retort to a lot of what you raise is just a simple "no, that's literally not how the game works in practice."

Like damn, you're just flat out unaware of some of the basic mechanics surrounding portals, so it's no wonder you fail to grasp how portals are used around the map and the counterplay against them beyond the surface level and what you're getting from hearsay. When it comes to the gameplay complaints in your posts, it all just shouts that you got overwhelmed by the game's unique mechanics in your first few matches and then you're just trying to allege it's fundamentally flawed instead of accepting that you're either bad at the game or that it's just not for you.
>>
>>386099
sounds like you just dont understand anything and specifically arent reading

let me kill one of your main points, YOU say its got lootboxes that encourage gambling
the issue is that the gambling part of your argument would require the ability to BUY lootboxes
which you cant
the ONLY way to get lootboxes in this game is to play
the thing about the popups is for in game challenges that unlock skins with in game usage of specific weapons

none of that has anything to do with money
>>
>>388878
Well to be far, you CAN spend money on lootboxes, but in very roundabout ways like buying battle pass levels or repairing daily streaks, but that's so roundabout and limited that it doesn't even really count in any actual discussion
>>
>>369876
wish the devs would stop spamming it everyuwhere
>>
did the splitgate shit in the sticky even happen? how was it?
>>
>>389302
Gonna happen anytime soon. Are you ready?
>>
its fucken good.
>>
>>385687
>>385686
>>385684
kek. nice try farming yous. or i guess i should say good job.
>>
>>388808
this is the one m8. the game is simpler than that anons gigantic diary post about how shit he is at the game. No need to put much thought into it.

you just hop in, shoot people, portal around. As far as good FOTM MP, it's pretty decent. Unless you consider FOTM MP to be tarkov or some shit.
>>
>>>/vg/348658030
>>
>>390169
but this board is kino and that one is gay
>>
Played 2 matches, got the impression I was playing against bots. Just killing people running forwards over and over got boring after the second match.
>>
>>390520
Try oddball, it's where the game actually comes together imo.
>>
Not a fan of the portals
>>
>>369876
fun as fuck
>>
>>391181
the portals are kinda useless tho and feel like a gimmick there should be either free reign to put portals everywhere or at least a mode to do that or just put more portal spots
>>
>>391183
lmao you're simply wrong and have shit taste
>>
>>382895
Pretty sure the devs have openly stated that until level 10, you will be matched with bots.
It still occurs afterwards, but much less frequently, and almost none at peak times.
>>
>>383876
>"Console pleb"

Lmao idk why I'm shocked to hear retards still feeding their little gamer egos with this bullshit in 2021
>>
love this fuken game. i like stadium and hate highwind, am i noob?
>>
I just don't think the portals really work. They're either campy or just marginally better movement options. The potential uses of the portals are extremely limited due to the limited spaces to put them, and they can't really change that. I think it's a cool idea on the surface that falls apart when you look at it too hard. FOTM game with limited fun things to do and limited competitive potential.
>>
>>391737
watch ggkjewls or just browse the twitch directory and look for challenger players. The ranked maps are specifically designed with good triple portal rotations. I never played fortnite, but I viewed the building aspect as the same stupid shallow gimmick as portals are in splitgate. But fortnite is the oldest surviving BR, pubg is entirely mobile and apex is pretty slow to queue, but its there.

Anyways, my point is that the portals in splitgate are going to be the reason it stays alive as such a shallow gimmick, on the surface its alright to play. There are already people abusing tf out of portals to the point where walking around the map is a noob trap, that speaks to the longevity of the product. Or at least the depth
>>
>>369876
Been playing it over the last week, it's pretty fun. Some of the team modes suck though since most players are retards who have no idea how to use portals.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 255x256)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Really enjoying it so far. Excited to see what new content they bring after the beta. As a 30 yo boomer who spent most of my time playing Halo 2 during its day, this feels like the new Halo that fags like me were waiting around for. Would like to see CTF added and maybe some more maps.

I agree with some of the issues discussed on here like aim assist though, sometimes will watch the killcam and it just looks like the other guy aimbotted me.

Not portaling everywhere on the map could go either way, I see why they did it this way to prevent autists from portaling out of bounds to snipe but it definitely does drag your mobility down.

Also I've never had issues getting into the servers but some of my console friends have sat for a long time waiting to get in, do you anons know if there are limited queues for console vs PC?
>>
>>379703
>weapons all feel fucking great, however i want sprint to die a terrible death and just increase base movement speed. in order to keep halo 2ish controls i had to not assign it to anything on the xbox controller, but still outfrag most of my opponents by a cartoonish margin bc most are sprint spamming retards
Most players don't seem to realise that sprinting causes you to make a huge amount of noise giving yourself away to anyone you're approaching. Walking instead of sprinting is the better idea most of the time.
>>
>>385684
>muh cosmetics
Who gives a fuck?
>Portals are opaque to everyone but yourself so everyone literally just hides in secluded rooms and peeks through portals that only they can see through to get free kills.
I rarely see anyone trying this because when they do they get their shit slapped from behind, especially if they're hanging out in the same place for more than ten seconds.
>if you don't blindfire into them wildly
You can verify if there's someone on the other side by seeing if your cursor turns red. Also, you have portal closing grenades for a reason. If someone is trying to camp and snipe through a portal you can just close their exit portal on them and then they're forced to move.
>Oh yeah the daily/weekly challenges are often done in such a way that at least one of them absolutely requires spending money.
Literally what? Nothing about the daily / weekly challenges pushes spending money at all since all you get out of spending money is cosmetics, this is just a blatant lie. The newly added seasonal challenges has a separate tier that requires buying a battle pass, but those just give you player exp, aka more cosmetics.

>>385686
>The counter to portals is supposed to be emp grenades. But you see you only spawn with 2 with no way to replenish them.
Literal retard, you get more grenades by killing other players and picking up their drops.
>>
it can be difficult to tell what weapon an enemy is using
no way to immediately tell my opponent has a rocket launcher which will oneshot me so its safe to assume everyone will one shot me
weapons feel unbalanced too with the railgun being worthless especially and the battle rifle feeling underpowered.
Anyway I like this game, but those are my nitpicks
>>
File: 1249830580502.jpg (25 KB, 429x410)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Update adds 6 new game modes to casual
Cool
>Separates those new game modes and Instagib / Gun Game into a separate matchmaking category from all the other modes that were previously in casual, so you can no longer include Instagib / Gun Game in matching categories while also searching for modes like TDM, VIP, and Oddball
Fucking why?
>>
>>392134
>no way to immediately tell my opponent has a rocket launcher which will oneshot me so its safe to assume everyone will one shot me
That's probably the biggest problem I have with the visuals. And the railgun and the other laser assault rifle looking similar with similar crosshairs so I keep mistaking which one I have in Gun Game. They should have the charge bar for the railgun always show instead of only when charging it.
>weapons feel unbalanced too with the railgun being worthless especially and the battle rifle feeling underpowered.
Nah, the railgun is pretty good if your aim doesn't suck. The battle rifle is also better than the carbine if you're landing all three hits.
>>
>>384133
The replays seem to work in a laggy manner on top of being incredibly smoothed out. Link related.
https://streamable.com/azyqnu
>>
File: 1629327501252.png (98 KB, 324x323)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
Game is really good. Most fun ive had in a shooter since titanfall 2. However my massive gripe with the game is the matchmakimg.
As well as having sbmm and making games harder and filled with sweats if you win too much, theres also bots all the time despite having 50k players on pc alone. If they have a profile picture that isnt the crossplay controller one theyre a bot. They dont use portals but have perfect laser aim if they detect you so you always lose direct firefights. Because of this, theyre either overpowered and carry teams in tdm, or they are completely useless in oddball or objective based modes.
I fucking hate it so much its my biggest issue with the game currently
>>
>>393921
>If they have a profile picture that isnt the crossplay controller one theyre a bot
Do you think nobody uses profile pictures on steam?
>>
>>393929
Profile pictures show up as question mark regardless. Only bots have actual ingame profile pictures right now
>>
>>393971
I played with a friend not too long ago and I'm pretty sure he had a profile picture, but I might be misremembering that
I do know for sure though that a different friend said something about my profile picture while we were playing, so I'm pretty sure he could see it
>>
>>369876
why would play this over halo infinite? both are free
>>
>>393921
I thought it was
>controller: console player (game supports crossplay)
>controller and mouse: PC user with a gamepad
>>
arena shooters need more than a single gimmick to be fun.
>>
>>394097
halo itself is arena shooter with gimmicks so complaining that halo with portals isn't gimmicky enough is pretty retarded
>>
>>394097
>>394019
Shoo shills
>>
>>369876
its pretty nice. the art style is not good, though.
>>
Post your refferal codes. I'll use them all.
3IEJZG
>>
>>394277
DC3WS8
What was it you get from someone using your code again?
>>
>>394279
They gotta reach rank 10 first but once that happens you get some skins and loot drops for each person.
>>
>>393978
Ah yes forgot to mention that if you have them added on steam you will see their profile picture sorry about that. Normal players wont see a profile picture though.
>>
>>394496
Playing earlier and I saw randoms with profile pics type in chat and speak over mic.
Did see what seemed to be a bot with a profile picture get immediately replaced with one without in lobby though, maybe it's gamemode dependent? First with the real people was showdown on casual, the bot being replaced was on rumble playlist.
I'm pretty sure what happened with the bot wasn't the other way around either, because as far as I've seen people can leave lobbies but not join a half filled one. If someone leaves, bots don't come into play until the game starts. This instead was instant, someone disappeared off the lobby and was immediately filled in with another player.

I hate this shit, I wish the game just told people when somebody was a bot. Instead I spend half the game trying to tell, names changing in the leaderboard, no reactions to pre-game emotes or mouse movement, scrolling through weapons in lobby, just stick a fucking [BOT] over their heads.
Obviously they wont, they want everyone to think their game's so full you find a full lobby for any gamemode instantly, they want shit players to feel good, they replace anyone who leaves because nobody wants to 3v4
The lack of information the game gives you is incredibly annoying too. My friend's pc is fucked and crashes occasionally, and a couple of times while we were playing he'd disappear and I wouldn't realize for a few minutes because the game tries to hide when people leave a match.
>>
>>369876
it's fun
>>
>>369876

It's pretty fun. There are a lot of different ways to use the portals.
>>
>>369876
Played their oddball equivalent once. I placed a portal in spawn, grabbed the ball from the other team, then full retard sprinted around the map, popping a portal the SECOND my radar saw an enemy nearby and closing it behind me. I lost the ball one time, then my friend killed the guy who had it and let me pick it up again.

3/10, funny but not actually fun
>>
>>369876
pretty fun but massively held back by shit map design
probably not easy to design maps that work well with portals though
>>
If you've been tired of games trying to be realistic, this is a great game that takes you back to the Quake3/Unreal Tournamentish era.

It's a refreshing change but with the coomer/zoomer skin/market shit.
>>
I stopped playing after they added the fukken paid battle pass. There was no problem with the beta design: pay for levels or very slowly earn them yourself. Why fuck that up by chasing after money.
>>
Fuck that one specific spot in Club Silo where you can fall to your death
>>
It has ranked modes for 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. I love the fact I can play ranked without randos in my team even if I only have one friend available.

I don't like a few of the maps but I feel like that's inevitable since they're at least trying to make the maps have different identities.

The way the game replaces leaving players with bots can occasionally ruin casual matches depending on the mode you play, but I don't really see an alternative without just a different set of pros and cons. People don't tend to leave ranked matches so it's not an issue for me as I mostly play ranked and always with friends on my team.
>>
>>400688
>The way the game replaces leaving players with bots
Can people join mid game? Sometimes I'll get to the match stats screen and the game was 3v3 but one team will have 4 people listed. I always assumed it was someone left and another player eventually filled in
>>
File: rghafd.png (87 KB, 391x383)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>369876
>soulless generic trash with a portal gimmick
>>
Good game except for shitty maps and god mode aim assist for controllers. Oddball is pretty fun:
>>
File: Kane.webm (929 KB, 640x360)
929 KB
929 KB WEBM
>>369876
Pretty fun. If they release a remote detonation weapon like a c4, halo4s grenadepistol or reach minelauncher im cooming.
>>
I saw a guy fly outside of the map with the ball, I left the game immediately.
>>
>>401722
What map?
You can skirmish around the edges with the hoverpack but the pack lasts a very brief amount of time even when you minmax it. It'd have to be a proper map exploit to actually fly out the map.

I wouldnt be surprised if some maps have outofbounds exploits by abusing momentum you can get from portaling.
>>
does this game have a skill based matchmaking behind the scenes? am I eventually going to get myself into ratings hell?
I feel like I was doing half decent at the start, not great but ok. and now i'm getting my ass plowed every game.
>>
>>401353
god, this explains gooks insta headshotting me
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PHr9Q4nqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3luSzU5Ewi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1wzVFmiPT0

So many tiny fucking channels making videos about this. What is it about this game that attracts so many people to making content when it all looks the fucking same.
>>
File: 1627601828589.jpg (163 KB, 786x1024)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>404119
Just about every PvP FPS has SBMM now, anon

Oh and actually, this game slips bots into your lobby without telling you, especially at the start. There wouldn't be anything wrong with this if you could just choose to play against them, but of course the studio knows better than you what you like, right?
>>
>>401353
got a video demonstrating? i'd like to see how bad it is.
>>
>>392244
>Ctrl-Alt-Deleted
>>
>>369876
Halo: Camping Evolved
>>
File: ##dsaf.gif (448 KB, 200x200)
448 KB
448 KB GIF
It's great!
>>
>>382895
You're probably just matching console players
>>
>halo with portals
If it was this it might be better but it's not. The gunplay feels worse than Halo, there's far less guns and maps, no big team option, no equivalent of Forge, only one type of grenade that exists solely for portals, only one melee weapon and regular melee feels worse than Halo.
Besides gameplay the aesthetic is already fucked by the way maps look and all the battlepass cosmetics. There's no real cohesive art direction just random shit thrown together like post-343 Halo but already worse. It sorely lacks soul.
>>
Did nobody ever bother to explain to the devs that daily challenges aren't actually meant to be challenging
>>
>>408030
then why are they challenges?
>>
>>405804
use your portals retard
>>
>>408638
Well some games do call them daily missions instead
>>
>>404996
I'll post it ITT if I remember to recording it.
Its so bad that Team-SWAT (headshots instakill) is genuinely unplayable against console players since they magically insta lock onto your head even while using the jetpack from 15km away. But then you watch the kill cam and they have the classic controller movement of walking around instead of actively aiming which should (if not for the aim assist) make headshots pretty much impossible.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.