[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Secretly_Penetrating.png (180 KB, 416x425)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>Penetration stacking edition
Are you an MMO friend?
Do you thrive on good fashion, socials, combat and the most well done pet system ever?
Come play Mabinogi on PC.
New content right now is providing up to level 5000 and 5 easily earned pets through tutorial-level events.
>5000 Levels? That sounds like mobile trash
Mabinogi works on a Rebirth system where you can rebirth depending on your age, which turns all of your levels into stats via cumulative levels. Actual max level is 200.
>Interesting Pet System?
You can play as your pet or fight side by side with them. There are a myriad of pets with different combat benefits or life skill benefits.
>Hows the Combat?
Over 10 different styles of combat varying from melee, ranged, and magic. The game's combat thrives in using multiple combat styles such as Puppetry and Chain Blades together.
>Why are you shilling?
There's /vm/ groups on both the Nao and Alexina servers.
if you want people to play with just ask and we can exchange names
>Guides
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UefjxRzcQWza26VaJapHl77eH429SR2bjkpkkLLggYw/edit#
>>
Damn 500 already

>>367406
I kind of noticed summer time is when this game (and many other online games) has the most population. Once August hits its like everyone packed their bags and left.
>>
>>367467
>>
>>367464
Summer time is chill and relax season for everybody
Im not sure if ita because of what we are used to or if its because people dont like doing shit because its so hot out
Also this makes me scared for fall and winter
Surely players will go up in winter, with everyone being stuck inside
>>
>>367468
>>367467
I meant "item making day" Monday has a bonus to production skill success rate, so people make production parties (which also increases success rate based on the number of people with production mastery in the party) on those days. Technically it's training for production skills too, but I meant it's the day you make your items on.

As fo rdaily effects
https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Time#Daily_Effects
Hover over the clock to see the day's effect,
>>
>>367469
>>367464
It's called "school". Most people who play these games are in school and only really have time to play in the summer.
>>
File: Untitled.png (33 KB, 220x347)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
What the hell is this and what does it look like?
>>
>>367477
A new pet from the sound of it. Wiki doesn't have anything on it so I'm guessing its new.
>>
>go to nao because it's fresh
>the only active 4chan community that talks to each other in this thread is on alexina
I will not reroll. I'm just going to take the redditpill now since it looks like they're doing guild stuff.
No I will not join your fucking NAO discord server. It's like you're a bunch of wet noodles that can't get shit done.
>>
>>367471
And they get summer jobs
Also stop acting like people dont have free time
>>
>>367487
Discord is gay just add us in game if u wanna talk to nao vm anons
>>
>>367516
13 year olds have summer jobs where you are?
>>
>>367487
Nao isn't fresh, it's a merger of three other servers all older than Alexina.
>>
>>367471
>Most people who play these games are in school and only really have time to play in the summer.
Is this actually bringing in new people? Is everyone an eternal schoolfag?
Did they rebirth after leaving high school to go back to high school because they could not handle life after graduating college?
>>
>>367560
I thought I was with the company of ~30 year olds. What the fuck. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
GET OFF MY BOARD!
>>
>>367560
>Is this actually bringing in new people?
Almost everyone here seems to be a newbie.
>Is everyone an eternal schoolfag?
People typically grow up and find jobs and get married and have kids and can't do anything as much for a while, so they drop the game and younger ones take over. That and for non-autists that don't dedicate their life to a game, the time they even play the game at all is probably a year max.
>>
>>367560
>Did they rebirth after leaving high school to go back to high school because they could not handle life after graduating college?
Wait that was an option?! Fuck! Goddamn cunts didn't update the wiki again.
>>
>People typically grow up and find jobs and get married and have kids
min maxing psychic damage I see, even got the shiny "I'm normal" reforge, very nice.
>>
File: Untitled.png (61 KB, 919x97)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
Neither creators nor translators play the game
>>
>>367597
Anon, curb your tism, that reads fine to me. What's off about it?
>>
>>367598
You didn't play the game either so it'd be pointless to explain
>>
its not hard to look like a twink in this game, i'm having a hard time making a normal looking elf but i think that is my problem. elves are not normal
>>
>>367606
Oh you mean the queen's name. Honestly I go out of my way to forget about Eirawen, not a well written character. Goofy that they called her by her father's name
>>
>>367542
You realize most of the people on this game are grown
And on top of that not only 13 year olds play vidya
>>
>>367590
Not everyone gets married or has kids
Plus that shit is on a decline and divorce rates are up too
>>
>>367590
I know married men who still play vidya in their free time?
Why do people think that when you become a boomer all you do is watch cnn on your free time
>>
Man. Even with x16 Smokescreen and Explosive Kunai take forever.
>>
>>367607
Define normal
>>
>>367644
That's why you bot it!
>>
>>367647
?
>>
>>367643
>married men who still play vidya
If this was EVE you might have a point, but daily reminder this is a game that once had the tagline "Your Anime Life". Nobody who thought that slogan was a draw for them has touched a vagina in years. I'm no exception.
>>
>>367644
Most of the combat talents are pretty easy to rank but yeah, those 2 can be pretty bad. There's an auto bot over on mabinogi mods just for those 2 skills.
>>
>>367479
wiki has been an absolute trash fire for years now, nobody updates it, none of the shit you actually want to look up is ever on it, it's sad
>>
>>367746
Yeah I've been noticing that too, even mabinogi mods rarely update anything new. It sucks all the mabinogi side sites are slowly dying.
>>
What is it you guys are trying to find on the wiki that you cannot? It's something other than what you can find on the main site right?
>>
File: 1618808565684.png (1.87 MB, 1358x704)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
Benis
>>
File: VW4o7ml (1).png (77 KB, 284x281)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>367477
>>367746
This was last year's summer event pet. It's just a nimbus cloud with no other animations.

>>367758
Most of these retards can't even google
>>
>>367773
Welcome to 2008. Have your complementary bastard sword and breast mail.
>>
Is Ruairi the Terra of Mabinogi?
>>
>>367792
I don't think he gets raped by an older man. It'd probably be Millia.
>>
>>367773
Your character has some big as legs
>>
>>367797
millia is retarded and angry all the time
>>
>>367810
Millia does have the best theme though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5gjyDdADBg
>>
File: 1615686342134.png (1.68 MB, 1364x705)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Will they ever give out partners for free?
>>
>>367837
maybe one with no inventory and whose clothes you cannot take off.
>>
>>367837
Id pay for a partner
Would ne my fav pet next to blaanid, corgi, and foodtruck ( most useful)
Whale is great for lancing
>>
>>367813
Caitlins grocery theme is better
>>
Does anyone else here talk to npcs?
I tried talking to osla cuz shes cute but is she canonically retarded or something?
I could almost see the drool coming out her mouth during some of the dialogue
>>
>>367883
She says something unspecified happened to her at some point, so I guess it's brain damage. I've always wondered what she speaks like in other languages, namely Korean and Japanese.
>>
>>367887
>I've always wondered what she speaks like in other languages, namely Korean and Japanese.
Same
I bet its probably a battle related injury
>>
File: Campfire Piran.png (620 KB, 1454x722)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
>>367883
Talking to NPCs is pretty fun. I've always appreciated how Mabinogi was one of the few that had unique NPCs in each town with their own stories. Even some non portrait NPCs have lots of dialogue like that Guard in Emain with 50ish lines. I'm glad they went back to putting effort into Chapter 7's NPCs and Melwyn. Shame Eirawen's dialogue wasn't updated, you learn more about her from them than speaking to her herself.
>>
>>367932
>Guard in Emain with 50ish lines
Which one?

>you learn more about her from them than speaking to her herself.
Maybe she is just reserved
>>
>>367948
>Maybe she is just reserved
When you ask her for healing she all but makes out with you and talks about how you're literally the only person in existence that she can relax around.
>>
>>367948
The royal guard at the northern gate in Emain that is not next to the party board. He's next to the cornfield with the little birdhouse.
>>
>>367951
She fucks and sucks you but doesnt even make out with u?
>>367967
Is that the one who sleeps standing up in his armour
>>
>>367971
The one next to that guy. He might have that line as well but i haven't seen it yet. He usually starts off with, "Hey...Have you heard?"
>>
Anyone notice that carasek's face tats arent on his model
>>
>>367973
Damn hes talking his post partner to sleep
>>
Okay I'm giving this another chance.
I'm doing some mandatory quests now and that blaanid stuff, what should I do after that?
Also,are there any recommended mods?
>>
>>367982
Just rebirth after you finish a quest with her. Once you get to book 4 she stops giving you exp so you need to be level 5,000 before book 4 which is more than enough quests to get you there. She isn't going away so you have all the time in the world to do her quests. You can also focus on talents or do generation quests if you want.

Now that I think about it you COULD get to normal level of 200 from Blaanid quest and train talents better since you get full skill bonus for being level 200. The reason why is because getting to level 200 the normal way is a pain, the exp gets pretty bad around 150 ish. you could always golden fruit your way but even then, it'll still take a lot of them. The only downside to doing this is you'll miss out on this summer event when you go to reset your levels from rebirth and gain 50 levels after rebirth but I did it and regret not being level 200.

Its up to you though.
>>
Lol i cant believe they got someone named Tyron in this game
>>
>>367982
There are plenty of things to do
Blaanid is the most boring thing in the game
If you want money- run shadow missions
If you like fighting- dungeons/dungeon guide
They also have stories you can play thru
I just reccomend against going for blaanid too fast
Why not rake some time and enjoy the <1000 lvl perks
>>
>>368006
>>368013
Thanks, I'm just so out of my depth hence the questions, I'll try not to rush it.
>>
>>367883

>be me
>reading macha according to emain macha
>get to osla and rua
>read the most based replies in the book
>>
>>368014
Out of your depth?
Also what server u on
>>
>>368013
>>368014
Also if you choose the < level 1000 route you're probably going to have issues with gaining enouh AP for stuff since leveling through blaain gives you 2 AP per level. Another way for you to get AP is to level all of your talents to expert(getting the first gold symbol) as you get like 230 AP for every talent you expert and is not that hard to get to. So when you go for a new talent just reset your skills with Duncan(free if you're under 1000) to get back your AP then repeat for each talent. You may also want to avoid AP burners where you spend AP you can't get back(AP Train, Techniques, Pet perks, etc.) as all these eat up you AP where you can't get them back. I'm not sure if you can reset Crusader skills and Divinity skills though.
>>
>>368030
I just go to her when i need ap
Which is every few days since leveling talents. And stuff basically gave me AP
Also just hit a master knight, how hard is grandmaster?
>>
>>368059
Ok i just looked at it and i think ill just pass for now lmao
They want me to kill a dragon with 1m HP?
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
About blaanid, be sure to complete g2 at least even if you just plan on Blitzing thru her quests straight up
This way u can get easy paladin/beast/falcon levels as well
>>
>>368062
For grandmaster you get to pick 3 quests a day, each one is optional if you don't want to do them and are totally random. You'll get a seal when you complete the quest and when you have 20 you'll be able to get the grand master title. So it takes several days to get to grandmaster. The easier quests are the ones that let you bring a party as those are pretty hard to solo. They made it easier now that you can take on more quests and you can even pay 300k to get more quests. You used to can only take 2 quests at a time.
>>
>>368077
Oh is that why my friend said to start it a$ap?
>>
>>367932
>>367887
I dislike how they stopped having the NPCs grow to like/know you more and give different dialogue depending on how well you get along, but I do like how at least the newer ones still have SOME dialogue, unlike the faceless NPCs from around the Shakespeare era. Some of the smaller things are pretty funny too, like how Deian will try to hit on you if you're female. (I don't remember the requirements for this) I like the "friend of" titles you used to be able to get from the original starter quests, depending on who you had a better relationship with by the end. All they've done since then is add pseudo dating sims like the Rush of Love quest and the Alban squires. (Although I like the dozen ways of calling you oneechansama/broniitheus that Elsie presents you with when she has a high enough affection and Eirlys' coping with you not being in a male body to the point of asking you to turn into one)
>>
>>368012
An Irish NPC in an Irish town in an Irish game has an Irish name. What's so unbelievable about that? Also Emain Macha is in Ireland, before you go on about how the word Mabinogi is Welsh https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navan_Fort
>>
File: 1607429440769.jpg (110 KB, 338x522)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>368012
I named my elf after a space marine.
>>
>>368071
Those are worthless. Also I hope you know demigod and its skills in the alchemist generations levels up the same way and you missed out if you leveled up to 5k with with Blaanid before completing them.
>>
>>368093
Probably

>>368124
>Those are worthless.
Can't say the same for beast or falcon since I don't play giant and elf but paladin is a damn good last minute life saver, especially for a new player.

>Also I hope you know demigod and its skills in the alchemist generations levels up the same way and you missed out if you leveled up to 5k with with Blaanid before completing them.
Now this I really hate about those 2 skill sets. They don't even warn you that your exp is maxed out and its easy as hell to waste so many levels. Hell, they don't even show you how to level pal/darknight. The main button is unhighlighted so any new players seeing that won't think it opens a sub menu.
>>
>>368158
>its easy as hell to waste so many levels
Well nowadays, yeah, but it was more difficult to level up quickly enough for that to be a problem. 60 in a week was fast, let alone 200 in a day.
>>
>>368013
>Blaanid is the most boring thing in the game
>If you want money- run shadow missions
>If you like fighting- dungeons/dungeon guide
Dude, Blaanid has direction. Shadow Missions and Dungeons are incredibly boring. And fucked if you just want to solo them. Even the easiest will take you a while.
>>
>>368211
>He wants an instant gratification themepark ride in a sandbox mmo
>>
>>368211
Not the other anon but blaanid is great on paper but just presented very badly. Instead of throwing new players all over the game like some kind of massive info dump, she should have been like a check point. Like
>"Talk to me when you finished gen 1"
>"Don't leave Tir yet, I want to show you this cooking oven"
You know, just showing new players what each town and map has to offer as you travel with her. Instead she's like
>"Ok this is Dunban now let's move you to another continent with no background music because fuck waiting on the boat ride"
>>
>>368242
Pre-revamp Blaanid was like that. Besides the opening part it was nonlinear for the most part, with directly related concepts grouped together such as a questline for fully upgrading gear.
>>
>>368242
Eiry was all this game ever needed. A spirit weapon traveling with you and giving you advice and info about the area you were in. I don't know why they don't use Lorna, given she's the eternal newbie info guide character. I guess some director just needed his truly special OC in the game.
>>
>>368253
Eiry was shit and only ever gave you the absolute basics, and was rarely able to give you info beyond Tir/Dunbarton/Bangor. She didn't even have info on Emain Macha because they never added more info after G1. If they'd kept her updated I could see her being useful, but she was basically ditched after release, and updates to the game over the years made her more and more useless.

No idea why they don't do anything with Lorna. I guess they don't want her doing the actual tutorials because she's technically supposed to just be another player, and they'd rather an in-universe NPC be the one teaching the player stuff.
>>
i just got a morrighan chat bubble sticker... does anybody need this? i think it's tradeable, so...
>>
>>368272
There's these things called exploring and learning. All you need is a basic guide, not a complete walkthrough of the game. Go out and fight some wolves until you learn to play, not press buttons in sequence to attack some wooden dummies.

Besides that, you weren't supposed to keep Eiry long enough for Emain to be relevant. You give her up after you're done with the tutorial stage. It's about growing up and doing things on your own.
>>
will I enjoy this game if I'm not planning to spend any money on it?
I've been craving mmos and fee,ingl like it's 2005 again for past couple days but all the other shit I used to play is dead
>>
>>368416
You don't have to spend money on this game unless you want to. Notable money advantages are stuff like reforges (which you can buy from other players), gachapon (RNG items), and VIP service (some nice QoL stuff like free warps to and from pretty much anywhere).
>>
>>368416
This is one of nexon's most generous mmo probably ever. They regularly give out free cash shop items as events and some of which you can sell to make cash. As long as you don't touch the awful upgrading system, you never have to spend a dime on this game and you can get very far without ever needing to upgrade gears, if at all. Everything else is just cosmetics and this game is full of fashion. Mabinogi is a comfy as fuck mmo.
>>
>>368425
>>368427
I will now play your game.
>>
>>368429
never mind, I can't even make an account because after I get the confirmation email with numeral code and put it in, it keeps telling me that I need to solve a captcha as well despite there not being any captcha
I tried turning off ublock and doing it through the nexon launcher with the same result

Sad!
>>
>>368458
I never had that issue with the launcher but I do know their site is god fucking awful, you need to turn off any adblockers and script blockers like noscript or umatrix just to properly log into nexon's site. Some had better results with different browsers. Once you've made an account though you never have to deal with that bullshit again unless you want to post on their forums.
>>
>>368458
I made a nexon account using google just a day ago. Never even asked me to confirm anything, don't recall there being any captcha. I also use ublock
I live in europe though, maybe its different here, somehow?
>>
>>368467
I'm from yurop too.
But now it just worked.
Ok, now I definitely will play the game.
>>
>>368116
Tyron- (Tyrone) will never not be a funny ass name
>>
>>367746
>>367479
>>367477
>>367752
>>367786
Wiki is full of retards
>we won't speculate future info cause our will be different so we won't post stardust crap before release.
>we won't data mine info so most are shit is outdated.
Fucking run by a bunch of trannies.
>>
>>367597
>>367598
>>367606
the event team doesn't check their events or test the quality.
no one in mabi development plays the game.
Last director played said g1-3 where shit and uninstalled.
>>
>>367837
I don't even use mine i got the cards for the other ones.
>>
>>368505
cool rumors bro
>>
>>368510
it is not a rumor fag, they literally said on the Mabinogi conference in Singapore. Why you think they paid played with a tuan hs expansions etc.
>>
>>368503
Pretty sure Nexon specifically passed the wiki a C&D over the datamining stuff, but that was mostly over datamining unreleased content. If somebody knew what they were doing they could just datamine the game and casually upload the completely "unsourced" info on the wiki as an anonymous user.
>>
>>368511
So where's the source, a video, or anything? I don't even see anything in the forums about it.
>>
>>368517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v7GUMLjhaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v7GUMLjhaU
https://namu.wiki/w/%EB%84%A5%EC%8A%A8%20%EB%A7%88%EB%B9%84%EB%85%B8%EA%B8%B0%20%ED%8A%B8%EB%9F%AD%EC%8B%9C%EC%9C%84
>>
>>368520
>Representative: Don't you think there is a common sense problem that durability wears out even when standing still?
Why is newfags whining about something that's been in Mabinogi since day 1 a notable, quotable incident?
>>
>>368546
Because it means that Fashionogis that want to idle in Dunbarton to show off have to either buy the 30 Day Style Tab or constantly repair their shit.
I'm not saying it's something that needs addressed, but it makes logical sense that there's a group of the playerbase that would dislike that feature.
>>
>>368550
Most of the stuff in >>368520 seems to be complaining about gatcha/reforge rates or something. Gamblers just need to be hung. There's stuff about security that seems like somewhat legit complaints. I didn't see anything about
>Last director played said g1-3 where shit and uninstalled.
But maybe it's in the malaysia video somewhere and wasn't worth noting.
What I gather is some people want the game to shut down because of shitty rates and because they won't rebuild the engine from scratch, and are mad because the devs told them to stop getting fished and that male clothes are worthless (they are).

I don't understand the translation enough to know exactly what they were initially so angry about though. It also looks like this one was of a set of incidents involving online games in short succession and they might just have been looking for gibs to begin with.
>>
>>368561
My understanding is that no one thing pissed off the playerbase, just that the devs seemed critically unprepared for the questions the players had for them, most of which were questions that any player that's played this game for more than a few months would think to ask.
>>
>>368231
That's not it, chief. Even if Blaanid only gave you enough to get 1 level per mission and nothing else, I'd still say it's less boring than doing shadow missions and dungeons.
I'd argue that you're the one wanting instant gratification with doing runs where you just kill enemies without any difficulty over and over since it doesn't have stuff that like dialogue holding you back from the gratification.
>>
Not (you) two, but I actually came back to enjoy the story, but I got sucked into grinding skills.
>>
This motherfucker seriously wants me to gather 20 herbs, one at a time. Partners don't count, luckies don't count. I am going to rebirth to a male and pound these sunlight herbs into stamina potions inside her pussy so that her pounding lasts even longer.
>>
>>368665
If I recall, you can drop the herbs and pick them back up, and it counts. If not, hit up somebody's homestead. If you're in a guild SOMEBODY will have an herb farm that you can grind out.
>>
>>368667
Oh I have access to h erbs, I just object to having to do more than one gather in this phantasmal sight era.
>>
Do people actually gather from the big hillwen/shyllien nodes? Just 2 sasquatches is enough to put me off, desu
>>
So Stardust Mission Ranks are tied to Combat and Life skills. Make sense, I guess. But I guess I'm just gonna be stuck in Rank E. I wish I could fucking run the game and do something else instead of it giving me a "ran out of memory" error.
>>
>>368682
Yeah, there's a way to get around them but I never could pull it off.

>>368685
Upgrade your RAM maybe, I would say find a better PC or GPU but chip shortage fucked everyone over.
>>
File: 1626416676987.jpg (93 KB, 940x290)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Reminder, maintenance tonight. 3rd week of Master Plan event so we're switching to x2 combat exp and double AP on level up(doesn't stack with Blaaid so don't bother). Also VIP will go up to silver.
>>
>>368682
As long as you're strong enough and position right it's not that hard to farm the big hillwen nodes. A combination of divine link, Iron will, Wings of Eclipse, and Phantasmal Sight will allow you to farm comfortably and efficiently.

I still can't do Shyllien though. Damn sasquatches glitch and the fireballs chunk me pretty hard still.
>>
>>368687
>>368692
Some guy just walked in and blasted them all, saying he only wanted rabbits feet, the absolute madman
>>
>>368689
They are already selling some avalon passes for 7m fucking jews everywhere in this game
>>
Sinead has nice lips
I like when anime draws a character's lips
>>
How to beat shadow realm champion
>>
>>368729
Is that the one where the last boss is invincible? If so then that boss is basically a big fuck you, only few skills can hit him. Life Drain from Battle Alchemy is one of them, it works best the lower your current HP is. That skill is going to be your best friend through out the game so its best to get it to rank 1 as soon as you can.
>>
File: 1621943398290.png (331 KB, 932x595)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
Also new players, be sure to rebirth into the Hero talents before this event is over. Normally you have to pay pon which is gotten from real money in order to get them but right now they are free to rebirth into. They're basically like 3 talents in 1 where if you rebirth into 1, you'll get multiple training bonus for different talents but the best part about them is they each give you some hard to get skills from those talents and some of which are RNG based in order to get. Hero talents get them for free automatically and some of them you definitely want to pick up.

>Druid(Merlin)
Gets you Meteor Strike which is a godly magic skill. The quest to unlock it the normal way is pretty annoying. The other skill is Snap Cast which is a very good skill to have, this one is RNG based to get the normal way and in order to get it you randomly acquire it from using Icebolt, Firebolt, Lightning Bolt, Ice Spear, Fireball, or Thunder. Some get lucky getting it some don't, its pure bullshit The last skill is Spell Walk, this one is pretty simple to get the normal way, just look it up.

>Soul Star(Starlet)
Most of the skills this one offers are easy to get. Encore is another RNG based one and is pretty useful, it resets all your music cooldowns.

>Vates(Professor J)
Both Golden Time and Elemental Wave are RNG based and are acquire randomly when using a certain alchemy skills. Both are very good to have for alchemist and pretty much a stable for alchemy.

>Culinary Artist(Culinary Artist)
Catering is the only harder to get one and its another RNG based skill to get but its not really worth it unless you really are into cooking but you still need rank 1 Catering to unlock a certain Technique.

>Treasure Hunter(Treasure Hunter)
Artifact Investigation is useless but needed for unlocking a certain Technique. Crisis Escape though is very useful, basically like Play Dead and hides your character if you're ever swarmed or trying to get way from enemies.
>>
>>368739
Its the one where u got to stay in the red circle or else u get debuffed
Also enemies attack from literally every side
Enemies from all other shadow missions
Also there is one with an invincible final boss?
I just wanna do the society sponsorship quests
>>
>>368741
Thanks for notifying
>>
>>368741
Oh cool. I thought I had to create a character using the cards they gave from the hotbox to get it. I'll be sure to do that. Wish I knew this when 1 day rebirths still coincided with the event.
>>
>>368751
Yeah that's the one, at the end there's a boss that's invincible and only few attacks work on it. I just went with the lowest difficulty for the sponsorship quests and even that one was a challenge. I believe they intend for you to have the skill called Divine Link which buffs your pet and make enemies target it more but you only get that from one of the chapter 6 generation quest. I'm really not sure though since I only did that shadow mission once.
>>
>>368682
You used to be able to get inside the giant shyllien or have the enemies glitch out and farm it, but a more dependable way was to just kill them until they all spawned on one side far enough away. Or just ice spear them over and over. It was really intended to be a group, or at least pair, effort.

You can also just put fire elementals on your armor so fireballs can't hurt you. I can't remember if the big plants can use thunder too though. There's also an aggro cap, so if you got all the other further away enemies in the room to aggro you, the ones near the big shyllien wouldn't be able to.
>>
>>368772
>>368739

>boss that's invincible
Is it? What's the boss? When I did it once (hard mode) it was just a pile of enemies and I kept hail storming them until it said I won. I couldn't see anything because my camera somehow got into a zoomend in position and my scroll wheel doesn't work, neither does the zoom out hotkey, so I was like 3 inches from my character head the whole time.
>>
>>368772
>>368751
>>368789
if you are a newfag get yourself a skillbook and a water cylinder or the one from the rentals, and one shot him
>>
>>368789
I don't know I might be remembering wrong then
>>
>>368790
>skillbook
Never heard of this?
Will the alchemy skills help me beat the 60 initial enemies?
Thats the main problem rn
>>
>>368804
to kill the rest of the mobs use something like thunder, chain skills, final hit and when the boss appears use what i said, the trick is that water cannon relies on MP for damage More MP = more damage
>>
>>368804
I think he meant "spellbook" https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Category:Spell_Books
>>
>>368786
Guys is there a leg warmer in this game?
I was going for an outfit that looked like an 80s aerobic instructor
Kinda like the chick from that maniac (michael sembello) music video
>>
>>368806
I only have final shot :c
Will that do similar?
I know teleporting kills enemy aggro
>>
>>368832
>>368806
U guys think it would work if i hop on my fastest mount and just shoot arrows and run?
I also have chain blade (partially)
>>
With 2x AP around the corner I think it's finally time to get started with Generation content
>>
>>368830
Dunno, but it would be attached to shoes most likely. If there was a outfit with them, it'd probably be a winter outfit.

Here's a simulator btw https://mabi.sigkill.kr/charsimulator/?lang=en
>>
>>368832
>final shot
Go get a good skillset instead of archery. Use crash shot as well. You're probably just not going to be able to do it at this point unless it's on easy mode.
>>
Alexina bros, going to restart doing dungeon crawls on Friday nights again at 9pm EST. Work got crazy, kept me from being available (or awake) to host em.
Also: What time would everyone interested in Girg prefer for runs? Crusader exp bonus is over for this 2 week period, but we can get practice in for those interested. It seems like we need about 6 players to reliably run it. Reminder that R1 in crusader skills are often required for Techniques. Git gud with the rest of us!
>>
>>368900
This week is going to be rough for me in general but usually any time after 9p EST is good for me.
>>
>>368900
What are the rough requirements for a girg run? I don't even have crusader skills yet so I just want to have an actual idea of where I need to be
>>
>>368916
Crusader Skills, at least 500HP or Mana Shield at a decent rank if you're not a mage/mana user, and some decent gear. A good place to start is the Crusader Shield skill + a ranged weapon (dual guns are best, but Alchemy/Archery are decent substitutes). Ideally you want maxed out crit-rate as well if at all possible. Final Hit is also solid if you want to use Binding/Blade crusader skills.
Essentially Girg is a straight forward raid where you have to work together to cast Shield when he casts Mineral Hail, Binding immediately after he lands, then drop Judgement Blade once he takes a knee from binding. Rinse, repeat, knock off his prot/def using this process and DPS as much as possible in between. Pets + Divine Link are also a solid help to keep you up/in position (his main attack has massive knockback).
>>
>>368804
Shock for crowd control
Use raincasting prior to going in the circle to give yourself the water cannon boost
>>
>>368845
Go for it, the rewards from Generation quests are really nice, especially the later gen quests.
>>
>>368846
>everything's outdated because file format changed
Emailed the site admin to see if there's a chance at open sourcing parts of it. Fingers crossed!
>>
>>368835
>>368832
you are wasting time with arrows, even magic is getting a revamp soon
>>
>>368937
So i should train magic and alchemy?
>>368948
>>368846
Thanks for trying guys
>>
>>368960
Why? I like shooting stuff
>>
>>368960
Also ur telling this to someone who coincidentally picks almost all low tier characters
>>
>>368960
I thought every talent was getting revamped soon
>>
>>368948
Is this outdated too? (I never use it) https://labo.erinn.biz/cs/top.php
>>
File: brave_RIEmi5AkCS.png (334 KB, 1279x1267)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
considering this doesn't even work, probably
>>
>>368997
It works but it needs a plugin and ie tab/ie
>>
>>368966
Alchemy is only good if you can get a revenant cylinder set
Magic is pretty decent.

Chainblade is probably your best bet.

Otherwise just rank a combat tab you like.
>>
>>369025
Alchemy makes for a decent sub talent at least. Good for switching in Hydra or Life Drain.
>>
>>369025
>revenant cylinder set
I thought a cylinder was a cylinder
>>
shill this game to someone who has never heard of it and thus has no nostalgia
>>
>>369025
How to compenaate for magics charge time
>>
>>369129
Already have
Look at previous threads
>>
File: Caulgirl.gif (1.25 MB, 385x454)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>369129
Anime MMO from the 00s that lived through the era of all MMORPGs being WoW Clones.
One character can get almost every skill in the game with very little mutual exclusion.
If you don't really feel like fighting but want to play the game that day there's non-combat grinding you can do in the form of various crafting skills.
Story inspired by Welsh Mythos so everyone's batshit insane and acts like its normal.
Giant Waifus are a thing. Elves, if you're an unspeakable degenerate; we won't ask if you don't tell.
There's a variety of different weapons that mostly have different playstyles from each other.
You can do pic related.
You can play the stock market, become a giga jew, and throw money at your enemies if you really want to.
You can tell a hot goddess that you're gonna fuck her avatar and there's nothing she can do about it (results may vary).
You can farm potatoes and attack and dethrone god in the same day.
>>
>>369129
Isekai anime, the game
>>
I kinda like how for some of the talents
Especially older ones, you need to go on an adventure just to get some of the skills
>>
File: file.png (405 KB, 1004x231)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>try to launch game
>Does nothing
>Google around for a bit to see what the problem is
>Turns out my antivirus is known for fucking with the anticheat, so the game won't launch
>Only solution is completely disabling the antivirus, adding to exceptions won't work
this is gay as shit
>>
>>369128
Nah theres a set bonus for revenant cylinders that makes them pretty good.

The guard cylinder in the set cuts load times in half.

>>369138
Distance, Snapcast, Shockwave. Some staves/wands also shave off a little cast time with their upgrades.
>>
>>369202
>Still using an antivirus in 2021
>>
>>369202
>Using antivirus in 2021
Windows Defender does everything you need and what you need is to not be retarded.
>>
>>368689
This Baltane Advancement Token thing. I'm still on G1. How long will it take before I can fucking use this? It'll expire in 14 days. Or is it easy to level these skills?
>>
>>369242
I kind of doubt you can make it to chapter 6 in 2 week without skipping a ton and even then I still have my doubts. You're not expected to be able to use every item you get from events so don't worry too much about it. Those seals are given out every so often so its not like you'll see them again.

These timed items are annoying a shit though
>>
>>369246
>its not like you'll see them again.
its not like you'll never see them again*
>>
>>369246
>These timed items are annoying a shit though
This
>>
>>369246
Okay. I thought so since I've done G1 for a bit and it looks like these are long main story missions. Thanks.
Used all the other training tokens to just get my windmill to Rank 1. It just wanted to get rid of seeing how little EXP it gave.
>>
File: 1622803031059.png (1.13 MB, 1359x706)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
I completely forgot about my squires. Left them training years ago.
>>
File: mabinogi_2017_03_27_001.jpg (248 KB, 1364x705)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>369324
So much has changed since then.
>>
>>369326
>>369324
What changed?
Why is she in love with you?
Are u saying if i dont stop them training they will stay training?
Also tips for baltanes?
>>
>>369335
>What changed?
Went from noob to boob.
>Why is she in love with you?
Because I'm her oniichan
>Are u saying if i dont stop them training they will stay training?
Pretty much, the results are set so its not like you'll get more training out of it.
>Also tips for baltanes?
The solo missions over by Shun? Get more skills and finish your generation quests is all I can say. Baltane missions are sort of mid game tier missions so if you're still new then you're going to have a hard time. I used to get my ass kicked by those missions but now that I have better skills they started becoming easier to me.
>>
>>369349
>Baltane missions are sort of mid game tier missions
How tf am i supposed to get my dungeon guide progression then?
I just learned a day ago that it wont progress if i dont do it in order
>>
>>369353
>dungeon guide
People actually do that crap? That's just more daily bullshit to distract you from playing the game. Also not everything is made for new players in mind. If you're still starting out then you can pretty much ignore baltane missions, dungeon guide, alban knights, and MAYBE shadow missions. Hell, I don't even do adventure seals even though I probably should for the skill training seals. There's no race in doing them and all that time you waste doing them, you could be training your character's skills. Dailies are just fucking awful in any mmo/online game, they turn the game into a 2nd job.
>>
>130k more till 1m for Konosuba gacha
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS UP WITH NEXON AND THIS "SCROLL" TO SEE THE NEXT PAGE BULLSHIT? I'M ON A FUCKING PC, NEXON. I DON'T NEED TO SCROLL MY MOUSE YOU YOU CAN TRANSITION TO THE NEXT FUCKING SLIDE.
>>
>>369361
Dungeon guide doesnt have dailies
But i like running thru dungeons and sms and getting loot
And i still do train
Only dailies i do are sms because money
>>
>>369363
https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/24832/konosuba-pre-registration

The two milletians replying?
Based
Give us a crossover event we dont want some gay mobile game
I want more cute clothes for my goblin!
>>
>>369381
I hope we get a crossover, but one of a non-trash series instead.
>>
>>369382
2 of the main cast have what could potentially be robe slot capes that don't hide our existing gear. That's good enough for me.
>>
Is this a pedophile erp "game"
>>
>>369380
>Only dailies i do are sms because money
I remember Shadow missions used to have a bigger pay out when it came to gold but then Nexon came and nerfed it. I was still new at the time so I don't remember how much you used to could make.
>>
Anyone remember when you could farm the last missions of Saga 2 for lotsa gold?
>>
So you still see party recruitment messages from people you blacklisted, what kind of dumb shit is that?
There are these 2 unfunny haemorrhoids on ch4 alexina that I don't want to see their unfunny messages of 24/7 and even after blacklisting they still pop up
Gay
>>
>>369499
Stop getting mad over words, you pussy woman
>>
Good on everyone for not replying to the obv trolls
>>
>>369499
What are they even saying thats soooo bad?
>>
>>369573
I didn't reply because I've never seen any roleplaying of the sort in this game. It's either AFK or actual conversations.
>>
>>369499
They paid money to get it up there. Why should your feelings override cold hard cash?
>>
>>369607
People just wanna play the game and meet people desu
I only met one coomer via this game and he came from 4chan
I dont think he plays anymore though
>>
friendly reminder, Alexina dungeoncrawl gang, 1hr. More people show, bigger shit we can blow up.
>>
>>369804
Fill me in sir
>>
>>369814
Ch4, Dunby square, look for the /vm/ party advert. We group up and run content. Anything goes, so if you've got elite passes to run, veteran dungeons to clear, or echostones to upgrade, come run em with your /vm/bros
>>
>>367455
Is this an ERP game? :/
>>
>>369834
nope. only retard pubs do anything remotely approaching erp and it's bannu worthy
>>
>>369823
U still running?
>>
>>369834
You can unironically find erp games on >>>/trash/
>>
>worst fucking nexon game gets a thread on /vm/
im mad
>>
Guys which NPC is your wife?
I pick Osla
>>
>>369899
Anon, Combat Arms still exists.
>>
>>369906
They have a rip off counter strike zombie mode which is worse
Also i liked combat arms as a child
>>
How do I start G23? I got a quest telling me to buy these 4 souvenirs from this specific npc and use them but when I use them the quest doesn't advance, what gives?
>>
When u see you know who afk at 2 am in tir chonail
>>
>>369947
That's me trying to find a way to login into the stupid forums trying to ask a damn question. God I hate that stupid site.
>>
>>369954
You should check on your character there are abunch of ppl dancing around him
>>
Is the whale pet box worth rolling on?
>>
>>370086
Id say so, i got 2 whales and a corgi and 2 foodtrucks p cheap
You would just sell the others u dont want via adoption medals like i did
>>
>>370103
I would but I am not 32k ttl
>>
Oh fuck me. Finally tried doing some life skills in Handicrafting to try and get the rank so I can make Astroturf and clear my pet's fatigue. This would be much easier if success rates weren't 99%. I guess I'm better off holding the mats and waiting for a x2 life skill bonus day to get more out of successes.
>>
Bro anyone on nao can help me with grandmaster?
They want me to fight hella boss level enemies at once and kill a dragon with 1m hp
If not, can i at least get some adv?
>>
>>370160
post your name, so anyone can add you to kill it fast
>>
>>370168
ill drop it when i get home
Dont think i should drop it rn when im not home and you're expecting me on
>>
Anyone that can log into the official forums make a topic in the help section for me? I can't log into that stupid site at all.
>>
>>370237
Just ask here
>>
>>370250
I did >>369931
>>
File: 1624867231584.png (1.58 MB, 1361x704)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
Are these stardust orb things even worth the trouble. So far mine is current at Rank 2 with 5 stars and all they do is miss when activated. I can't even tell what the damage is like because of how rare it is to see them.
>>
Man I am saddened that Shadow Missions got an expansion but Avon never did
The aesthetics of that place are so cool and it would really help if they revitalized the content there
>>
>>370320
Anything to move away from shitty shadow missions.

>same boring locations
>half of them are the same thing
>some take forever to finish"HUUR DUUURR, YOU FOUND ALL MY ORBS NOW YOU GOTTA FIND THEM AGAIN"
>only decent place to get exp and gold

Can't fucking stand shadow missions
>>
>>370320
For starters Avon needs to revamp its awful pass system.
>>
>>370296
You really need to grind a lot for them to start being good.
>>
>>370339
You mean farming the pages from sheep?
I kind of like that
Its comfy just talking with your friends while u search for gold pages

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.