[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5132123414324132.jpg (44 KB, 616x353)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
What is the most pretentious multiplayer gaming community in your opinion? In my opinion it's the CS:GO community, they really think they're experts at "game design" and that they're better at FPS than anyone else that plays a different game because their game is SERIOUS COMPETITIVE BUSINESS. God I hate Esports faggots so much.
>>
>>367000
your thread didnt work out on /v/ huh
>>
>>367007
What are you doing here, pussy? Don't you have some bots to kill?
>>
>>367000
yeah somehow people have selective amnesia when it comes to csgo. 6+ years of nonstop overpowered weapon metas in a so-called "competitive game", nerfing the famas burst while releasing cz75 and tec9, headshot animation from behind that makes 2shot headshot weapons less consistent, and even now the 2 shot body shot deagle at close range (which can extend up to 600u if you fire at stomach first and then hit the chest or arm.

csgo is just as shitty as any other fps in terms of gameplay, but it's taken so seriously due to the pro scene. at least in europe anyway, in north america people just play cod and br.
>>
>>367000
Nice trips OP. But yeah CS:GO has the worst community, they all somehow think that their game requires more skill than any other FPS game on the market today. Unfortunately, you posted on the board that is filled the most with them. But I'll just leave with the following paragraph that will trigger any csfags that come into this thread.
CS:GO objectively has less skill based mechanics than the average COD. The only mechanic in CS:GO that COD does not have that effects skill, is the economy system. However, COD has the load out system which already equals out the equation. Further more, COD has the killstreak system, which adds another aspect of skill, players must decide when to use say a spyplane during a round or to save. Using it early gives a big heads up to the team, but using it late can allow for clutches. COD games also have an equipment slot, which includes things like C4, motion sensors, and jamming devices. These require more thought on where to place them.
>>
>>367000
you are the most pretentious
everyone is chill in csgo
>>
Quake. They're pretentious to the point that any game that tries to pander to them gets killed through sheer elitism. Only a splinter of the community will consider any new game "worthy" of playing and it will invariably die in a few months because all of the players that were open to new experiences have already moved on to other games.
>>
csgo sucks ass but its not that pretentious. DOTA is a lot worse in terms of players that are awful to play with.
>>
>>368399
5500 games played here. Yeah it's like 90% animals that think they're an up and coming pro even if they're on their 7th smurf still stuck at 5k MMR. No one has any sort of social skills or tact. People regularly abuse eachother and throw games just to spite eachother. Believe me when I tell you long term exposure to that sort of shit changes a man. You'll become irritable, depressed, anxious. It's literally not worth it. Save your hariline.
>>
>>368384
The OP didn't mention in game retard, and if you just open your eyes you'd realize that he's right.
>>368395
Yeah, used to be the same for Unreal too, but I think that ship died long ago.
>>368399
>>368409
MOBA players are the worse, they always throw games away for no reason and brag about some rank they had once. They never stop complaining about balance, while they abuse characters that they think are strong. After playing League of Legends for the first time last year, I never want to touch a MOBA again, it's absolute cancer. Fuck I'd rather take hours of playing COD and Halo with 10 year olds again over that shit. Fortunately you don't see many MOBA players going around in random threads acting pretentious, they stick to their own threads thankfully. Also Nice dubs.
>>
>>367000
csgo guys are just idiots, the real pretentious ones are the quake live/champions duelers. dueling is very difficult to get good at but the guys who are right below the top level are all complete twats. zorakwar is probably the twattiest out of them all, he's good but he's not rapha good, he's not even dahang good, and dahang is like the most mediocre pro dueler out of them all
>>
>>367000
>>367164
Did some CS player talk shit on a game you like or something? Both of your posts come off like a massive seethe over people having different opinions.
>>
>>368516
>You don't like CS
>Must be cope
This is really your argument or lack of argument. Rather than responding to any of my points you just attack my character. You've only further proved mine and OP's points.
>>
>>367000
cs:go community is a literal dumpster fire

I'm kinda new to cs:go and recently i played 3 matches

first one get votekicked but it failed

second one nothing bad luckily

third votekicked

This because i didn't have 3000000 gorillion hours and didn't play like a fucking global elite annihilating the whole enemy team in one picosecond. Then there's this piece of shit speaking finnish with his friend forgetting that not everyone speaks finnish and then gangs up on me with his friend to votekick me, luckily the votekick kicked in at the end of the match but no penalty, but the problem is the fact that since i have a life i often get some comp cooldowns, but what if i was coming back from like a few week cooldown?, this piece of shit would've singlehandedly ruined the game for me while i just wanted to play

90% of the """"Pro"""" players in this game have a god complex and feel like they have the right to ruin the game for you because you simply started recently and not in 2013 or maybe with cs:go 1.6 or someshit

Self proclaimed pros should be gassed
>>
>>368816
shoutout to HELTRAY for being a nigger
>>
>>368816
It's even worse than that anon. I once played comp with 2 friends, one who played CS:GO a lot and another who never played before, I was 2-3 on the leaderboard for our team, and was defending b site I think, it was on Nuke anyways. But these other 2 players were duoing, and I made like one meh play and got shit talked for it. All I said was, "sorry I only have 30 hrs of playtime", they instantly tried to votekick me for that shit.
Even playing casual isn't safe, since people hack and votekick random players all the time in it. The game is unsalvageable at this point and the community is just as shit as ever on forums like this one.
>>
>>368816
Bist du es Arne?
>>
>>368622
>You don't like CS
>Must be cope
When did I say that? There's even other people I didn't quote in the thread, like the guy directly above your post, that are also talking shit on CS purely because they don't sound like they're crying. He also sounds like he actually knows what he's talking about when he does talk shit on it. You and especially OP come off like you're just seething.
>You've only further proved mine and OP's points.
What points? That CSfags hurt your feelings by saying their game is harder? OP's entire thread is just him throwing a fit over CS players and your post is you pretty much admitting you're purposefully trying to upset them by saying CoD is more skill-based than CS. You even said you were gonna leave on it but I guess you just couldn't stay away.
>>
>>369050
Your first paragraph just shows that you are saying what I said you were. And the guy directly above me only called csfags idiots, the rest of his reply was about quaketards. My point that CS:GO had an awful community of dumb fanboys was proven by you twice now.
>you're purposefully trying to upset them by saying CoD is more skill-based than CS
Remind me again whose crying? Anyways I gave real arguments that are objective, and before you ask, no I don't think either game series is good.
>You even said you were gonna leave
I originally posted in a very dead thread, it just happened to get some good replies so I stayed.
>>
>>368395
I'd agree, but can you really judge that demographic when quake champions was hamhanded to the extent it was? The game was a little bit of fun, buried under several layers of bullshit, headed by incompetent devs and a publisher that didn't seem to give a shit.
>>
>>368816
CS is literally only worth playing if you have 3 to 4 other friends to queue with. Playing with random people especially in EU is fucking unplayable
>>
>>367000
Yep, CSGO is the real shit

>CS:GO community, they really think they're experts at "game design

The community doesn't think they're experts at game design since the community doesn't design anything, they just play the game.
>>
>>369542
This, I have almost 2000 hours of which 70% are solo queue in EU matchmaking, unironically made me a cynical asshole, save your sanity it just isn't worth it
>>
>>367000
I was playing some games this morning and everyone was bantering even when we were losing
>>
This game made me racist
>>
csgo is for faggots btw
>>
TF2, if you don't enjoy that kind of "humour". The history and charm of this game mean that autists and 10 year olds flock to to it because they see it as a memory game. Don't find the words engineer gaming funny? We will ignore you and micspam it over and over. The original ppayerbase has become replaced in the past 4-5 years, people can't even handle micspam with a mute button, instead they whine, call admin and try and votekick.
>>
>>370147
*Meme-y game
>>
>>370147
tf2 is a lot more fun than csgo and matches the source engine better desu
>>
>>368399
for some reason dota players want EVERYONE to know how casual/easy league while they play the hardest game or a thinking's man game

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.