[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 76 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mmo.png (232 KB, 455x267)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
will it flop? will it save the genre? will it be the AoC waiting room?
>>
File: jec48chr4rd94.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
its gonna be fun at the start I think no idea about its longevity but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
>>
>>362132
They changed pvp so you have to flag.
>>
Would've been great if they left the pvp system in place. Oh well, just saved me from giving Amazon more money.
>>
Last open beta was pretty bad. Also the game have no direction (first survival PvP, then zone control+sandbox PvP, then "basic bitch" MMO PvE+ optional PvP, etc) so I doubt it have a future.
>>
>>362132
It's gonna be pretty good, already leagues better than whatever that AoC alpha was.
>>
>>362388
That is terrible. Hope it flops. Or slowly dwindles and dies down like the pretty cash grab it is.
>>
>>362132
They scrapped the original concept for a generic bitch MMORPG with no soul.

Without the open conquest PVP it pretty much lost all potential now that its a PVE focused boss farmer.
>>
>>362132
Lost Ark waiting room
>>
>>362469
Go play crowfall, im sure you won't lose interest in a week
>>
>>362132
the pvp looks about as deep as a puddle. basically on par with ESO.
>>
will OP stop being a faggot? will OP stop being retarded?
>>
>>362558
crowfall released like 3 years too early in their development
>>
>>362132
It is going to flop, only 2 dungeons at launch with a pay to win model
>>
PVE faggots ruined everything
I miss the old days of WoW with dedicated PvP servers
>>
>>362570
Imperial City is alot of fun desu
>>
>>362954
Objectively wrong but ok. At least 4 dungeons and less pay2win than all other mmos on the market but ok
>>
>>362954
you obviously haven't really read anything about the game stop spouting nonsense retard.
>>
>>363019
When it isn't lagging like you're on a 56k and also when ESO combat isn't shit so basically no, you're wrong. Imperial City WAS fun when it was Darkness Falls in Dark Age of Camelot, an actual good game.
>>
File: 1603013898611.jpg (83 KB, 756x756)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
It's gonna be shit. I was invited to play the first alpha, second alpha and beta. The first alpha was really bugged but was a total different game that I had fun like never before in other games. Beta was just another mmorpg reskined.
>>
>>362132
I like cutting trees and mining rocks. It's unironically the best part of the current game.
>>
>>362960
I miss pre-Trammel UO
>>
>>362132
I will buy this game if they make PvP on all the time. nothing I hate more than a game catering to carebears. a pvp toggle is equivalent to no PvP at all (or after the novelty wears off)
>>
>>363288
They won't because every "full pvp" game in the last 10 years has been a commercial failure
>>
>>363290
starcitizen will prove you wrong! [someday]
>>
>>363290
albion
>>
>>363290
Sea of Thieves
>>
>>363060
>4 dungeons
That is still almost next to nothing, if a game doesn't have 10+ dungeons at launch it will be dead in a month or two.
> less pay2win
Any pay to win is trash, a level boost is one thing but limiting quick travel is a total dick move.
>>
>>363326
>commercial failure
albion is a niche shitbox game although they have had some respectable playerbase growth since 2018
>>
>>363502
>albion is a commercial failure
>source: my ass
>>
>>363290
t-This time will be different! Just like the next arena shooter!
>>
>>363523
https://www.stillfront.com/en/stillfront-group-presents-unaudited-proforma-financials-for-ytd-q3-2020-and-fy-2021-guidance-for-the-acquisitions-of-super-free-games-and-sandbox-interactive/

$12m USD net revenue is pretty mediocre and that was before this company bought them. I guess you're right though, if their goal was bottom of the barrel then no they're not a commercial failure since that was their expectation.
>>
>>363547
also it's not full pvp, they have that safe zone system like eve online where there's a big safe map and then certain zones are pvp.
>>
>theme is garbage
>gameplay looks soulless
looks like shit
>>
>>362132
I feel like New World is going to end up like ATLAS. I bought that game at launch and it was an immense disappointment.
>>
>>363607
the biggest difference is that new world is actually a real game + tech demo for amazons scaling shit whereas atlas was a half baked DLC for a shitty survival game released as a standalone so that they could grab more cash.
>>
aoc waiting room.
>>
>>363288
You have to be flagged to do PvP missions out in the world, which give a lot more XP. You also get XP for killing players. There used to be a 10% XP bonus for just being flagged, but they removed it. I'm hoping they reenable it after the beta.
>>
>>363571
The theme is dope, but the gameplay looks like meh.
>>
>>362132
They don't have any faith in their own design and now they're desperately changing.
>>
I am extremely hype for this game and desu I don't really know why. I haven't been hyped for an MMO in years. I just have this gut feeling that it'll be fun.
>>
>>362132
I just want a big beautiful crafter that I can spend 19 hours a day gathering materials to feed to.
>>
File: 4d0.png (252 KB, 680x680)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>tfw colonizing the locals
>>
When we inevitably have a /vg/ thread we all need to bully the other posters to go Covenant for the 4chan company. Ok?
>>
I'm just going to musket snipe weaker players and mic spam all over them for the keks.
>>
>>363402
GW2 had 8 dungeons at launch and now has 9 dungeons after like a decade. Maybe stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>363060
so its still pay to win?
>>
>>364071
it looks as generic as possible
>>
>be me
>get in beta access by signing up
>play it
>super fun, like Minecraft meets an mmo
>character is named Adolf
>looks as much like him too
>wanted to rp as good guy adolf in this new world
>start talking in world chat
>cause civil unrest, basically started a chat civil war
>people report me and call me a nazi sympathizer over a name and portrait
>forced name change
>immersion lost
>uninstall

If you like censorship, you’ll love this game.
>>
>>364540
Nice, sounds great if the community and gms are already filtering out the /pol/chuds.
>>
>>364514
Yeah, the market is flooded with games with colonial settings. I can't fucking believe the MMORPG genre is just Granado Espada clones.
>>
>>364540
>>wanted to rp as good guy adolf in this new world
By being a vegan painter who grows his own vegetables?
>>
>>364540
lulz at that victimhood complex
>>
>>364571
I’m a pol chud for trying to rp as good guy hitler?

Perhaps I’m just a German immigrant who’s tired of the stigma around the name.

We don’t go round shunning the name Vladimir despite vlad the impaler, who was far worse of a person than hitler ever was.

Again, if you enjoy censorship, this games for you.
>>
>advertising on steams front page again
they must be at least a little confident with the quality of the closed beta to do this
>>
>>364540
>game takes place in age of exploration fantasy world
>rp as 20th century character
I'm glad you were forced to change your name and portrait. You were breaking immersion for everyone else you fucking idiot. German was a cuck country during that time period, just like it is today.
>>
>>364735
found a censor cuck.

go play censored world all you want.
>>
>>364788
Go play nothing, because no one wants an immersion braking cuck in their game
>>
>>364540
autism
>>
Is there are review embargo on the game?
>>
https://newworldfans.com/articles/new-world-closed-beta-server-list-revealed

See you fags on Thule.
>>
>>365063
are guilds going to be enabled in the beta? if so, would anyone be interested in having one for the time we have?
>>
>>365065
yes they are, what server u gonna be on senpai?
>>
>>365068
probably yama
>>
what faction are we playing on?
>>
File: lol.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>364540
Ok, game is pre-ordered. I want to be in on the trolling train.
>>
>>365165
Covenant on Thule
>>
File: uioplrews.jpg (55 KB, 758x644)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Hmm, Marauders, this sounds like were all the tryhard gankers will join.
Perfect, we can be part of the winning faction and rape Covenant sissies out of the server.
>>
>>364804
Crazy how every other game I play allows the name.

Enjoy your censored shitty Amazon game.

I’m far too busy enjoying the shit out of swords of legends online, which I highly recommend.8v44h
>>
>>365236
>he thinks rolling on the most popular faction makes him a chad
Covenant will most likely be the underdog.
>>
>>365276
I will now name my character Adolf during the beta and see if it survives. Will report back.
>>
File: u mad bro stalin.jpg (16 KB, 236x275)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>365276
>>365325
Call your character JeffBezosIsGay and watch everyone laugh while moderators go ballistic.
>>
I played one of the betas a long time ago, like last year I think. It was kind of boring, the combat felt laggy and pretty basic but it wasn't bad. There wasn't really much to do either it seemed. How is it doing now, I've heard it's undergone many changes. Seems interesting cause it reminds me of Fable so I will play on release
>>
File: Arashiyamat.jpg (74 KB, 435x599)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
I hope there's a set that lets me larp as a Samurai while I cut down westcucks with my katana (superior Japanese blade folded over 1 trillion times).
>>
>>362132
Didnt they change pvp to be more casual to cater to pve WoW babys? No thanks
>>
>>363290
The majority of MMO/open-world/live-service games are commercial failures. It's just that the ones that show any promise or uniqueness, get swamped by chumps that then demand changes to make every game exactly the same as all the ones they got bored with. Anyone wanting a polished game with open world-PvP but who doesn't like the setting or gameplay of EVE Online, hasn't had anything other than Sea of Thieves and New World as it was originally envisioned. Vast amounts of feedback from players with lots of world-PvP experience, on how to make such games more accessible and enjoyable for many people, is ignored in favour of that from people who hate PvP but get bored with their own preferred gameplay constantly.
>>
>>365276
>Plays bugman trash game
>>
>>365276
>swords of legends online
>developed by Wangyuan Shengtang Entertainment Technology CO.
>published by Gameforge 4D GmbH in Karlsruhe, Germany

enjoy your chinese spyware and nazi propaganda
>>
>>365454
>nazi propaganda
I wish
>>
>>365347
The problem is that griefers will try to exploit an open PVP system in any way they can. It sucks but that's just the way it is.
>>
>>365505
So? Let players deal with it. In the golden age of MMOs we had anti-PKers that only killed PKers and would hunt down the more infamous ones.
>>
>>365587
>Let players deal with it
They do, it's called dropping the game.
>>
>>365347
>>365587
Again, most people don't really want a pvp sandbox MMO, even the ones asking for them. They want to play solo and gank low level solo players like they did in WoW.
>>
Make an MMO modern like New World with a big budget, but make the design like classic Everquest. Anyone else think it would blow up, or flop?
>>
>>365619
>>365669
Meanwhile in the real-world, such has been said about Sea of Thieves for years and it's still going. CCP kept being told over and over to make EVE more casual and 'make losing a ship or being killed less of a loss', for years even after all their telemetry consistently showed: players that die to other players sooner rather than later correlated with a higher-retention after six months. It's players who avoid risks, save up for a 'good enough ship' for months, only to take it out and lose it to a gang flying starter frigates, who were always quitting. The issue was the relative safe areas distort the expectations of players, and they come to see losing anything at all as a mistake rather than a normal occurrence that should always be expected.

The people who want to do pure PKing PvP by funny coincidence, are the people who want no repercussion for doing it. They're the ones that always demand 100% safe areas where they can't be attacked, so the PvP they do only when it suits them has fewer or no consequences. We them on the forums for Sea of Thieves, because they talk highly of their love of 'PvP' in ARK and Rust, where they do nothing but this shit but can't handle an actual world-PvP fight at all.
>>
>>365708
>Every MMO released in the last 15+ years
>Almost all failed
>Would it be a success?
>>
>>365505
PvPers are experienced in these things, but their suggestions are not listened to. Instead it's the feedback of people who hate actual PvP that's taken onboard, so we end up with 'PvP features' obviously designed by people with no clue about PvP, especially not open or world-PvP.

Griefers exploit systems: they LOVE systems that limit PvP and consequences for PvP, because they will find any way to screw around with them. The people demanding ever-increasing restrictions on PvP where ever it exists: It's THEM, the ones accusing others of exactly what their default-mode for PvP is. There is a reason why they always SUCK in a straight-up fight: they have no experience or desire to have any.
>>
>>365339
Raffs
>>
2 more days. See you boys on Thule
>>
>>362558
i bought crowfall the day you could buy a pledge. it is still not finished. not a great comparison bud.
>>
>>366400
Lmao? We're all going to Olympus to either camp or mic spam Asmongold.
>>
>>366527
holy shit im in
>>
>>366527
>4chan
>not raising Thule
nah we're going to Thule
>>
>>366539
No? SB already decided we're going Olympus to grief and corpse camp Asmon. Timthetatcuck fans, and Staysafe's posse, as well as any other clout chasing streamer / girl gamer there is.
>>
>>366527
>spend $40 to preorder
>mic spam
>get banned
>lose $40
solid plan, I'm in.
>>
>>366559
I'm a very large MMO youtuber I'm a protected class.
>>
>>366561
peon get the fuck off 4chan
>>
>>366571
I'm not that Thai hooker buying timid beta.
>>
>>366554
No we'll be on Thule
>>
>>366616
You and like 2 dudes and me and like 50 dudes from /v/ and at least another 30 from /vg/ and we'll be laughing our ass off as we shoot Asmon if he dares flag up. Thule is gonna be a bunch of BR huehuehue's why the fuck would anyone go there?
>>
>>362132
it'll be fun for at least a month, we'll see if there's enough to it to last any longer
>>
>>366618
>>366618
>Thule is gonna be a bunch of BR huehuehue's why the fuck would anyone go there?
Source: your ass
>>
>>366618
There are South America servers, Benji. Retard.
>>
>>362331
good
>>
i'm glad they took the game in a more pve oriented direction, there's already plenty of good pvp games out there if that's your thing, we dont need turbo autism 'drop everything and lose tons of progression' on death open world pvp fests. it'd be nice to get a game with actual GOOD pve content and progression for once, with some optionally fleshed out pvp if you CHOOSE to participate. the mmo space desparately needs a good pve game that isnt just WoW hotbar rehash #69
>>
>>366837
kinda hard to be mad about losing one set of gear after playing games like rust, conan and ark and having everything you own destroyed and stolen while you're offline. oh no I died in this MMO and they took my armor and weapon. good thing i have 10 more in my 100% secure bank.
>>
File: mmmh.jpg (69 KB, 640x640)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>366837
Was it fully lootable bodies pvp during earlier stages of the game? That's quite retarded in this day and age, I can agree. Even as someone who played such MMO back then, the times for that element in MMOs is kind of gone. Especially when gear is getting more and more complex, time-consuming to acquire and a bigger aspect of the game.
Open world pvp is alright otherwise, when keeping your stuff.
>>
>>366845
>the times for that element in MMOs is kind of gone
Yeah, Albion Online is a total failure. Oh wait.
>>
>>366846
Is gear complex, hard or time-consuming to get geared up again? I have my experience with Ultima Online, and that's why I said, that the time for that seems gone in the sense for MMOs.
>>
>>366847
No, gear is never hard to get in full loot MMOs. This was true for UO as well.
>>
>>366554
>SB
SwoleBenji? lol ok have fun following that retard to the squeaker streamer server. PvP is opt in so it's not guaranteed that you can kill the streamers you're targeting and even if they do flag they're guaranteed to be running around with hordes of their fans so you won't be able to do shit anyway. Mic spam? That'll work for a few minutes until they mute you.
>>
File: 1548568947439.jpg (91 KB, 817x925)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>366837
>i'm glad they took the game in a more pve oriented direction
I don't. It could be good if the game was designed as a PvE game since the start, but switching to PvE at the end of the dev cycle means is going to be shit.
>>
>>362558
Ah yes, Crowfall, a game that is still trying to be what it said it was going to be.

New World has no idea what it wants to be, it keeps reworking its gameplay to appease people that it was never marketed to in the first place, and you can tell by what the PVE already looks like, spoiler: its trash.

It spent all its development making a conquest crafting PVP MMO, then removed all that shit and is trying to adhoc in a WOW style instance farmer with none of the gameplay systems for that style of game in place, meaning its going to do nothing well at all except blueball all the original backers.

The only thing anyone will get from new world is that more beta buyers will have more buyers remorse and more people aren't going to fall for the absolute scam that is EA buyable betas.
>>
>>366942
But you get to play the beta for 2 weeks and get a refund before launch if you don't like it.
>>
what's the character creator like? Does every option look like a goblin? does it even matter like destiny where your helmet never comes off
>>
Which server will be the dedicated /vm/ one?
>>
>>367021
whatever one that doesn’t have faggot ecelebs
>>
>>367025
and which ones are they on?
>>
>>367034
don’t know
>>
how is it current year and mmorpgs are still using multiple servers you have to coordinate with and hope you aren’t stuck with massive faggots
how is one server not a thing yet?
>>
>>367041
one world would mean youre guaranteed to be stuck with the faggots with no escape. multiple servers lets you escape them.
>>
>>367041
Because besides EVE Online, MMO tech has been stuck in the 90s

Everyone still uses Everquest as a template to what "MMOs" are supposed to be which is why the MMO genre has been so fucking stagnant for so fucking long, and worse still is not only do they keep these segregated servers, but hey also region lock them, and even on your individual servers there are runescape style 'rooms' where you can only have like 100 people in a single world instance its fucking retarded, like how the fuck has MMO tech regressed from vanilla WOW's seemless open world where you could run from Teldrassil to Tanaris in the same world enviroment as everyone else who isn't in a dungeon, how the fuck has server tech gotten worse, not better over time.
>>
>>367043
If the game is single shard, the world should be large enough that you could be playing on the otherside of the world from all the faggots questing in the world's equivelent of westfall
>>
>>367041
>>367043
>>367044
*saves mmos*
*in another decade or so*
>>
File: kantbot.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>367021
Thule. I've seen no mention of any streamers playing there and redditors are all over muh Olympus and Atlantis. Thule is the natural home of 4chan.
>>
>>367041
>>367044
If it was one server they'd have to make instances when areas get too crowded and that's even worse than multiple servers. EVE can have one non-instanced server because it's in space, which is far easier to make huge than a fully detailed terrestrial world.
>>
>>367059
also there are player owned houses that occupy physical space in the settlements. If it was one server then either people are sharing houses with the interior being instanced or many people don't get a house
>>
>>367059
Or server tech could just not be stuck in the 90s.

Nostralius, a fan server for 2004 WOW was able to handle insane ammounts of players camping the same areas to clear quests and farm mobs with very little server lag, WOW classic had tons of lag even with shit tons of phasing garbage.

Its only an excuse that server tech in modern MMOs fucking suck because they put all their development into how to monotize the fuck out of the grind then actually developing better tech because MMOfags are so desperate for a next gen MMO that they'll play litteral fucking garbage designed from the ground up to fuck your wallet while the gameplay tech is still older then you probably are.
>>
>>367062
Nostalrius did that by having instantly respawning mods. You think Amazon of all fucking companies can't have a single server if they really wanted? I'd rather not have retarded shit like Nostalrius OR phasing garbage like classic. Until someone can build a sufficiently large enough world for a fantasy MMO to have a single server then I'd prefer multiple servers that allow you to build a community. Cross server is cancer.
>>
do we have any vm guild planned at all? are there even going to be guilds in the beta?
>>
>>367204
Prob not until release desu, but I'll be rolling Covenant on Thule if you want to join me.
>>
it is unsalvageable
it was never good, open world pvp autists (graveyards of games trying to appeal to them which go unplayed, yet here they are in every single new murmuring of an mmo demanding it all over again) are retards, but they took a game catered for retards and tried to deretardify it at the last minute and now you just have a game that is not only retarded but also crippled
>>
>>367226
>it was never good, open world pvp autists (graveyards of games trying to appeal to them which go unplayed, yet here they are in every single new murmuring of an mmo demanding it all over again)
The problem is making MMOs that cater only to pvp players. MMOs should be made from the ground up as worlds to be explored and adventured in with rich pve content but also give the option to become a player killer with some significant repercussions. Criminal status, tougher death penalties, reward other players for killing criminals etc. This is how UO did it and it worked well.
>>
>>362132
I feel like I've seen this game before only it was a singleplayer sandbox Or is this the Bezos MMO?
>>
>>367248
>give the option
NO, it should always be off or reserved for battle grounds. Enough of this optional world PvP shit. I miss the days of dedicated PvP servers, I never thought I would feel that way
>>
File: file.png (339 KB, 795x442)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
anyone else getting this when loading up the closed beta?
>>
>>367212
for me? It's syndicate. I do actually appreciate all the factions however, none really stands out as being the 'good' or 'bad' guys, they all seem equally morally ambiguous and that sits right with me
>>
I absolutely fucking love the seething pvptards crying over this game. Why don't you retards fuck off to your pvp games hey. Go play sea of thieves and leave the real kino to coop pve chads. Got all my friends to buy this a when first alpha dropped and we've loved every beta event so far. Only pvp babies cry over this game lmao
>>
>>367447
>PVE chads
>Touching this trashfire
LMAO
>>
>>367449
Aww the little pvp retard is crying even more. So sad :(
>>
>>367451
No, this game is fucking not built for PVE, the mob AI is fucking dogshit even after reworking the game to be a dungeon farmer.
>>
>>367452
Ok baby, you keep believing your own little bullshit.

Meanwhile in the real world it's a great game with fun combat. It's been a blast with friends
>>
File: fag.gif (600 KB, 226x160)
600 KB
600 KB GIF
>>367393
>>
>>367447
>he doesn't know that it's still primarily a pvp game
>>
>>367452
>>367550
>replying to obvious bait
You guys are horrible at 4chan PvP.

Anyways, anyone who tried the beta knows the PvE sucks hard, at best it feels like a poor man's Vindictus.
>>
>>367561
>replying to obvious bait
You are horrible at 4chan PvP.
>>
>>367563
>"no u"
Case in point.
>>
>>367565
>"no u"
Case and point.
>>
>Estimated Time
>13m
>Position in Queue
>137

Go fuck yourself Amazon
>>
>>362132
GOTY, having a blast. combat is dope. keep coping ashesfags
>>
>>367807
>combat is dope
nah, it is a little unresponsive sometimes, but that could be a server issue, rolling is far better than blocking
>>
>>363195
Preach it brother.
>>
so are there zones in the world where pvp is always turned on? or did they get rid of that
>>
>>367880
just opt in bro
>>
>>362132
GOTY. the combat is sick and the gathering is comfy. AoC reaching too high and way too p2w for a game that quadrupled its kickstarter goals. it will always be a shitty kickstarter mmo.
>>
>>367898
The gathering is actually pretty decent but the combat feels more monster hunter than souls like.
>>
>>367880
if you want to pvp you just flag for pvp
you can't contribute to territory control without flagging, and you get better quests and more XP for flagging
so while you can play with PVP off you become a non-factor in the faction war meta game and your progress is slower
>>
>>367918
is there even any benefit to pking, and do you even lose anything when you yourself get pked?
>>
>>367930
u get xp on kill, and lose durability on death. also with pvp enabled, you gain 5% xp
>>
Can you refund it on Steam if you buy it for the beta access and play over 2 hours, since its still technically not out? Or should I get it from Amazon
>>
3090chads...
>>
>>367983
thats it? sounds more like an inconvenience to even enable pvp. The pvp looks just like gw2 WvWvW zergining.
>>
File: new-world-factions-best.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Report your loyalty to your faction anon!
>>
>>368466
>wanted to go syndicate
>read the text
>no longer want to go syndicate
>go covenant instead because trogs all went marauder
>>
>>368343
enjoy your tire fire of a gpu, my RX6900xt (nice) is running just fine
>>
I've got about 20 hours in the beta so far, sweaty I know. I'm level 20 and im loving the game.
Been waiting for an MMO to satisfy me for a long time now since quitting wow a couple years ago this is really hitting the spot
>>
>>368542
How do you feel about having 3 skills per weapon? I seems a bit lackluster imo, it's the only thing that i dislike so far. (I haven't played it only watched it).
>>
>>368542
I agree also sitting at 25 hours and I can safely say this is the MMO the market has been waiting for. This is the best thing released in the past 10 years. The polish the gameplay the passion. It is clear it has a large team of avid MMO players behind it.
>>
movement feels shit lmao
stutters and gets stuck in objects easily
also 3 abilities is kinda wack but at least we can mix and match from both trees, they should at least give faction specific abilities
>>
File: 1618777450384.jpg (8 KB, 227x222)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>368542
>>368556
>Yes sirs very nice game, best momorpg on the market very nice they put the big passion into game making
>>
>>362132
It honestly looks like Elder Scrolls online but..not?
>>
>>368836
It looks just like the game with its core idea being revamped several times: barely working via duct taping disparate elements left from previous iterations. Yeah, it runs and even manages to look nice, but still it lack polish that a game built with clear vision behind it would have. And it is made by fukken Amazon, all the moneys of the world are there and still it is lackluster.
Yeah, I haven't played yet only watched some streams. Surely, I want to scratch that mmo itch from olden times, but the game looks suspiciously bland and rushed with no guarantees that it'll last and will get polished. It looks like Amazon's executives damage control strat - sell as many boxes as possible, run it for a while and dump it. Also too many copypaste vibes from teso and gw2 which isn't a bad thing in itself, but it allseems to be watered down or simplified or transitioned without inspiration. Lore has no substance, quests are a chore. PvP can run this game for a while, but skill decks and trees are so shallow that I doubt that it'll spark metagame that will carry the game itself.
Overall: rushed, secondary, uninspired game with some nice nuggets in it. Needs another year of iteration under caring management and it's Amazon - no soul is allowed in their stronghold, so won't happen.
>>
Which North American server DOES NOT have streamer niggers?
>>
>>363402
Magic Legends had 4 times as much and they closed it down already.
>>
>>363550
>like eve online
and UNLIKE EVE there's no fucking content whatsoever in there
>>
Aight lads , Path of Exile just committed suicide , is New World worth playing?
>>
>>368866
>North American
>DOES NOT have streamer niggers
pick one
>>
File: download (1).jpg (13 KB, 223x226)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I'm having so much fun playing covenant spamming religious texts on proximity mic while cleansing the lands of heretic filth
>>
Combat is fucking dogshit compared to last year. I was in the alpha since November and watched this game get worse with every update.
The only people who think the combat is good now either got filtered by the old system or haven't played enough to realize how shallow and also fundamentally broken it is.
>>
>>363394
stopped playing SoT a few months ago since everyone was always running away even when they had no loot at all
>>
>>369151
last year was trash hatchet stun lock spamming that was the most boring shit ever
>>
>>369257
That only worked on mobs. Hatchet was useless in pvp
>>
how does this game compare to UO? if it's anything like it i'll prolly buy it
>>
>>369257
Perfect example of retard who got filtered by the noob trap.
>>
>>365236
Purple rp faggots. Green zoom zoom twitch streamers. Convenient smaller in numbers pvp at heart to fuck you up. Make the change and purge the heretics out of the new world.
>>
>>369085
Wait, what'd PoE do this time?
>>
>>368554

Not him, but it works out fine. Most talents/abilities are fantastic, so you really sweat about everything, the different trees in each weapon really seal the deal.

Do you take 4 decent, but not great for your build perks for that mouth watering 15% more critical strike chance?

Or do you cap all the abilities you actually want to use and grab another talent that will be really beneficial to your build. There's never enough skill points to do everything you want, and I think thats a good thing.

As for the abilities most of them only have a 10ish second cooldown, add that you probably want to reposition, toss in a few light/heavy attacks to proc or take advantage of your talents and you always have something to do.
>>
>>362408
the AoC alpha is entirely server testing and has no content on purpose
>>
>people still have connection issues
Launch day will be an absolute shit show
>>
File: 20210724120040_1.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1080)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
I joined a mass recruit guild of the covenant faction on my server to find some PVP. It's been pretty fun but the leader is a massive cuck, I hope theres a 4chan company on launch that does pvp and allows me to be toxic in chat

I wish there were more abilities for slows or group AOE speeed buffs, but I see some further down the line on musket and sword.

Im gathering everything and enjoying the crafting, bullets seem to sell well in the early game if you rush them. Bags sell well too so you need to farm faction pvp quests for runes of holding and decent gear. Someone here already has a +500 weight bag.
>>
>greataxe has gravity well vortex ability
>bow has smaller slow duration than musket
>ice slow is a short range wall of fire
>haste on rapier evade doesn't allow you to gain any distance because the animation staggers you
I don't know what the fuck is going on with these skills
>>
File: ododax.jpg (42 KB, 600x917)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
i made the mistake of picking Xanadu because i like the name its fun to say and im autistic it was mentioned in an episode of star trek and that brings back happy memories but apparently some streamer or some shit picked it so every one else did and now i have shit fucking queue times.
On a side note does any one know where the Officer stuff drops from i see people running around in it and it looks nice like some Napoleonic line infantry?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.