[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 100 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: piracy.png (11 KB, 403x158)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
> be me
> be pirate
> commit piracy on another pirate
> they have some good loot on board
> other pirate crew complains about pvp in their pvp game

Do people just not understand the literal nautical definition of piracy? It's a pirate game, I'm going to kill you.
>>
>faggot complains about pvp in their pvp game
Literally every "open" PvP game ever. People only like ganking when they're the ones doing it, same goes for piracy.
>>
Two different angles to it
1) Might not be relevant to this scenario, but there is room to complain when player interaction boils down to treating each other like Skeleton Ships. Saying "dude it's a pirate game, what do you expect" is disingenuous when the game has way more systems beyond just raw PvP, more ways to interact than just sinking each other, and different purposes for loot beyond just cash
2) Yea no shit people are gonna complain that they've lost their loot. That's time spent down the drain, and like mentioned above, it's not like your only choice was to take their loot, so of course they're gonna be mad about it. Why are you so surprised that stealing people's shit isn't gonna be taken with a smile? That's just part and parcel of the piracy
>>
>>362094
There's no progression in the game at all. The only reason you have to do PVE is to farm cosmetics. By the time people are actively engaging in piracy, they have the cosmetics they need and thus have no reason for the loot you're carrying. Basically meaning that it's just griefing for the sake of it rather than any actual reward.
This upsets people.
>>
>>362094
people crying about pvp so much is what makes pvp so funny
>>
>>363137
>Time spent down the drain
Yeah, it's called video games you insufferable fag
>>
>>363251
Go fuck yourself. There's obviously a difference in how people value their time being wasted or else we'd all be content with staring at a fukken wall for hours. Within the context of the game, it's time and effort being invalidated unless you actively enjoy the experience of having your shit stolen, which isn't the situation being describe. Pretending otherwise or trying to write it all off is being a disingenuous faggot.
>>
>>363271
>Muh perception
Nobody cares. Git gud faggot. You will never be a woman
>>
>>363140
>This upsets people.
No it really doesn't given that the game is as popular as ever. It upsets you that people have fun in a game rather than """"prgoressing"""" through some artificial progression system that doesn't actually reward the player anything outside of feeling like they have to log in and play less they miss out on something.
>>
>>363140
So by that logic, if loot is essentially worthless, and there's no real progression for PVE, then why do PVE, and why not just do PVP for the sake of fun? If we stick by that, people I sink shouldn't fucking care about their loot, since they weren't progressing anyways
The argument of it takes time makes sense, but so does PVP, which apparently I see so many people say it doesn't.
>>
>>364477
Not him but
>then why do PvE
>people I sink shouldn't fucking care about their loot
Even if loot can be considered functionally worthless (though he's wrong since cashing in does unlock better voyages), people care about completion. The PvE content is fun enough to do in its own right and the cashing in of what you find is what signals completion of the activity to the player, so losing that loot can be seen as failing right before the finish line. It's like losing a Deep Dive in Deep Rock right before you get in the drop pod, except another group of players made it happen.
>the argument that it takes time makes sense, but so does PvP
It's not comparable at all. Ambushing a player after they've completed a vault, a series of voyages, a skeleton fleet, or so on is a significantly smaller time investment compared to the content they were doing, especially since you can ambush such players by complete happenstance. Even if you want to make the argument that PvP takes time, given that some naval battles can go on for a while, then you have to contend with the fact that the people you're ambushing have the investment of both PvE AND PvP time on their end.

It's definitely the fault of Rare for still failing to give any bonuses to people doing PvE content that ward off attackers. I think that's the biggest thing that draws ire from the player, because like said above, they're objectively doing twice the work of any attacker without any return on that time and effort, as the attacker can often just be some goober that stumbled onto their ship in open waters without risking any loot themselves. The only thing they've done is grant emissary grade level when they've fended off a Reaper Bones emissary, but that's a small fraction of the people coming after your loot.
>>
I wish theyd add new cursed chests to go alongside curses and viceversa

like a watery curse to match the chest of sorrows
a cursed ink chest that blinds the holder when its held
and a legendary cursed chest that occasionally phases through wood levels
so if you put in on your top deck on a galleon itll phase into the second, then the bottom, and then into the water

the cursed chests are the coolest thing in this game
also a curse to match the barnacle chests just cause theyre a cool concept as well
>>
>>366758
>A cursed chest that rolls your sails up at random.
>A cursed chest that randomly drops your anchor (lets see how many of those get turned in lol)
>A cursed chest that always turns the wind against your sails.
>Cursed chest that poisons anyone who gets close like they got bit by a snake (could be actually useful against boarders)
>Redo the drunken chest so that the entire crew gets puking drunk as long as the chest is on board the ship.
>>
>>363137
I'd only get mad about it if the players that took it had an unfair advantage, like a sloop vs a galleon that gets the jump on them or pc vs console players.
>>
>>366777
cursed chests usually only effect manageable things on the ship or when you hold it
>A cursed chest that rolls your sails up at random.
one of the less bad ones but I cant see this being thematic in any way
>A cursed chest that randomly drops your anchor (lets see how many of those get turned in lol)
awful
>A cursed chest that always turns the wind against your sails.
literally impossible since wind isnt a per-ship thing, unless you mean it turns the sails against the wind either way not good and also no way to thematically add it
>Cursed chest that poisons anyone who gets close like they got bit by a snake (could be actually useful against boarders)
lame cause its just a snake thats turned into the gold hoarders, if it just randomly pukes on you instead thatd make use of a mechanic already in the game
>Redo the drunken chest so that the entire crew gets puking drunk as long as the chest is on board the ship.
again lame that it just reuses something and not even something interesting

Ill give you one thats actually interesting and reuses a mechanic, a chest of gluttony
its a glowing chest with a set value of like 10k, periodically it will start making a noise and you have to feed it otherwise it starts to lose its value and when you hold it at its base value its slow to carry and you cant jump but if it loses value it lets you carry it around faster and jump, a tradeoff money vs maneuverability
makes use of the pig mechanic and the broken legs in a thematic way

anyway the game has some random cool mechanics that go underused because of the low value surrounding them, the snakes and pigs are the biggest examples but theres also little shit that could easily be made into a simlle chest or new addition to current ones
imagine if you could soothe the chest of sorrow with a song or getting drunk naturally makes you walk straight when you carry the chest of a thousand grogs
the only good one is the chest of rage since you can agitate it and cool it down
>>
>>366820
better still
since all of the cursed chests are turned into the gold hoarders make some for the other companies
I already thought up one for athena
turn that chest of gluttony instead into a skull of gluttony, thematically it makes more sense for it to be able to eat
if its value gets reduced it goes from 2 handed with a cripple effect, to 2 handed without a cripple effect, to 1 handed and eventually into something you can hold like a consumable

the only hard one to think up for is the merchants since theyre the least mystical thing on the seas
hell their item is a manifesto and its nothing notable
>>
>>366758
>Chest of the Kraken's Maw
Chest that's wrapped in tentacles and has a octopus mouth on it. Periodically spits ink your eyes that has to be washed off
>Mutinous Chest of Curses
Bearded chest with an eyepatch. Every so often, the eyepatch lifts up and it prepares the cannon on its backside, which will then afflict the ship with a random purple curse (except for Rigging and Anchor) unless it is whacked with your sword before then
>Chest of Jolly Good Times
Chest with an afro and popped collar. Sets the ships lanterns to burn bright and flicker and plays loud jamming tunes to notify everyone on the see where the party is. At the height of the party, it starts to rock the boat to the point that water can be let in. Can be danced with or given grog to assuage the curse for a bit.
>Chest of the Bombardier
Burnt chest with a semi-toothy grin that sets your cannons to automatically fire after a few seconds. If there's nothing in the cannons for it to launch, it'll start tossing out blunderbombs in an ill-advised attempt to blow shit up and help.
>Chest of Gluttonous Hunger
Big toothy chest that periodically starts to hunger. If not given food, it starts taking bites out of the hull.
>Chest of the Big Jerk
Does nothing to hurt your ship, but it'll say a lot of mean things, like saying you have no friends if you're a solo slooper
>>
File: unfired pistol.png (628 KB, 623x410)
628 KB
628 KB PNG
>>366827
You can't really make "chests" for other factions because the Gold Hoarders are the only ones with keys to the chests out there. Though, as explained in Athena's Fortune, the pirate lord should give out voyages to find cursed artifacts and the likes. There's already some interesting ones out in the world, like the pair of Unfired Pistols
>>
File: 23453.jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>362094
>Getting PvP sunk in SoT
>Not just sinking them
>Not turning tail for a 2 hour goose chase while they get butthurt because they can't land chains
>Not just farming in Devil's Roar where basically no PvP happens
>Not just keeping a fucking eye out
>>
File: 979431.png (373 KB, 708x404)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>363137
>>363140
The entire game is built from the top down to create drama through player interaction. If someone is salty for being sunk, then they can only blame themselves because they signed up for this shit. The game has been worked in about a 100 different ways to incentivize even more PvP drama.

>Massive loot multiplier to loot hoard thanks to the emissary system
>Cursed cannon balls made to fuck with ships/crews, many of which only work on players
>There is a faction the exists entirely for the purpose of stealing loot & sinking emissaries
>Public events are advertised to the whole world
etc etc post is already too long
>>
>>367050
You're still failing to understand the situation here. You rattling off this list shows that you're not grasping what's being said, as you're working off the assumption that these players who get salty over being sunk are oblivious to the situation or the nature of the game. People know what might happen as soon as they start sailing around and carrying loot, but that doesn't change that it's reasonable to have the reaction that you're complaining about

Best I can boil it down to is two things
1) Think about what you're saying when you're talking about drama through player interaction and what things like carrying a high emissary grade and participating in world events entail; there wouldn't be drama if the parties involved didn't actively want to avoid being sunk. You've got it the complete wrong way around: those things aren't reasons for players to be blasé about being sunk, they're things that wouldn't function as they do if players weren't salty about being sunk. Otherwise people would just play Arena or switch over to Blackwake
2) Even though players expect to be attacked and the like, that doesn't change the fact that the other player has agency and chooses to be the aggressor. You want to say the game is built from top to bottom for drama through player interaction, but that doesn't change the fact that the game still offers a ton of different ways to play it, and a sink-and-loot is only one of many different ways that such player interaction can pan out. Combined with the above fact that the game hinges on not wanting to be sunk, it's perfectly understandable for them to call you a cunt for making that choice.
>>
>>366912
thats why I specificed that it was a skull
another could be a cursed crate of wind that negates the effect if havibg the wind at your sails
>>
File: ca1.png (115 KB, 1800x1578)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>367067
>to have the reaction that you're complaining
Listen, no one is stopping anyone from being angry or frustrated. But if I join a game with a loosing state and I get emotional because lost then that is my problem. We all consented to this.

Only if the other players are breaking the rules/hacking/cheating can we really blame them.

Sure, call the devs shit in the case of nuanced problems like bugs, bad balance, etc, but you jump the shark if you complain about a core concept to the game that's functioning as intended.

I'm not even sure what you're even proposing be changed here. Are you suggesting we punish players for sinking each other? Are you suggesting they rework the base experience? The game has a pretty shallow PvE experience when it's in a bubble, what do to fix that?
>>
>>367081
Alright, you're still not grasping it and you're starting to get lost in your own head instead of picking up what other people are laying down. It's a twofold thing: first you're not grasping the structure of the game with how simply you're trying to boil it down to, but more importantly, the point is that getting mad is part of the experience. This is where your own poor preconceptions are getting in the way of your comprehension, because no, people complaining about it doesn't mean that they want it to be changed. They're complaining about it just like they would complain about losing any other video game; the only difference in this is that the aggressor actively has to choose to change things into a PvP scenario, but they're still not discounting that part of the game either.

The reason this is all being brought up is because of people like you and OP that treat it like this incredulous thing to complain about when the game is designed and hinges upon players having such complaints, especially in the case of OP who doesn't comprehend the game and wants to stop hearing people complain about getting their shit stolen. If you can't handle that people voice wanting to avoid getting pirated when the definition of piracy is taking shit when people don't want you to, then that's your problem. Expecting people to not complain and to not dislike it goes against the core concepts of piracy.
>>
>>367110
So your point is "People get mad at things, expect people to be mad".

And you couldn't just say that?

Why was it even worth mentioning in the first place? It's so elemental and essential to understand people that it's fucking confusion, that you'd even bring it up.

Likewise, do you not understand that your own "argument" can be countered in equivalency by stating that "People get mad at people being mad"? Like, you've never been tired of people bitching about the same things ad Infinium?

Not only is your choice of point confusing, but the way you communicate it attempts to make it more important than it actually is. You own methods of communication actually trip backwards and just comes off as weirdly out of touch.
>>
>>367120
>why was it even worth mentioning in the first place
Because OP didn't get it
>and you couldn't just say that
Because apparently OP didn't get it without explanation
>it's fucking confusion that you'd even bring it up
Right, which is what makes OP's thread so incredulous
>can be countered in equivalency by stating that people get mad at people being mad
Right but that isn't relevant to the thread we're in. It's not being mad at people being mad, it's OP being mad thinking that they have no leg to stand on to begin with.

Do you even know what thread you're in right now?
>>
new invite in case you need a krusty krew
https://discord.gg/pyuzV8qn5m
>>
File: 1622536606220.png (1.68 MB, 1598x992)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Pledge allegiance to the channel flag
>>
The only thing I don't like about PvP in this game is the constant boarding that turns into jumping shotgun matches ala Gears of War 2. It's not really about ship battles most of the time for me, it's about killing the same guy over and over coming up a ladder or chasing him around deck as he bunny hops. I wish there was a bigger penalty for falling overboard.
>>
>>367450
>I wish there was a bigger penalty for falling overboard
I dunno, it feels decent enough already, but I just say that someone who solo sloops and gets fucked by one cannon ball knocking me off and losing everything before I can get back to a mermaid. I'd say the solution would be to give players more ways to attack those in the water rather than directly limiting their ability to get back on board.

My suggestion would be to add Oil as a new mechanic. It can be ignited on the water to create a fire trap/wall, warding off other ships and burning people in the water. Players who get doused in oil get painted black and stand out in the water, and they either ignite on-hit or take more damage from firebombs. If not that, how about Chum Bucket: players can chum fish in order to attract skeleton sharks to the area and be highly aggressive towards any players in the water. Has to actually be fish, not chicken or pork.
>>
such is life in the jianghu
>>
alright Ive got a good set of mix and matched style options for my pirate

now I gotta do it for my ship, there are barely any good options for ship styles
>>
>sea of thieves ships skin pallets BARELY match
>4+ colors plus for EVERY single set
>not only that but more sets are green/teal+black, red/orange+black, or assorted colors + gold all with two or three pieces tossing in a random shade of green, red, or brown
who designs this shit? the ONLY cohesive sets in this without random BS are eternal freedom, ghost, wailing and silent barnacle, and a handful of the twitch drop sets

shits wack
>>
>>362094
If I ever get shot down on SoT I never say anything. I just calm down and hop servers, hopefully find someone who's willing to play along with my merry tunes.
>>
>>366888
all good suggestions
aside from Bombardier
>>
>>367965
>find a good ship setup with nice colors
>doesn't matter because any time you try to use it your crew will sneak on some blacked out bullshit or other "edgy" skin
Rare probably tracks how much each option gets used and saw everyone's picking those washed out tryhard colors, there was a lot more variety and aesthetics in the early ship sets
>>
how the fuck do you find people to play sot with? when I join open crews Im just paired with 10 year olds or people with no mics
>>
>>368298
theres a discord here if you want
>>
>>362094
Pirates went primarily against merchant ships, not heavily armed military or pirate vessels.
Prisoners were also valuable just like any other loot, and it was more profitable to sell them into slavery than to simply kill them, assuming the situation permitted their capture and transport.
>>
add me on discord if you wanna do a brig/galley depending on how many people we get
pjp#1696
>>
>>368624
>>367130
>>
>>368445
>not heavily armed military or pirate vessels
They did if they had more ships, I think it was Blackbeard that had a dozen ships of various sizes and they would go after a big military ship just so he could move up to the bigger ship after they captured it.
>>
its like they forgot in potc literally every character fucked over every other pirate at some point
>>
File: 8978945651.jpg (54 KB, 976x850)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Be oldfag, pl, pretty good at pvp
>Want to do more Gal/Brig stuff
>Every time I join up with other pirates they're weirdly intense stereotypical post-gg anons
>One of the crew are always constantly seething in an attempt to act like a leader, and will take any excuse to bitch out the crew, even especially if we win

Why the can't you fuckers just relax? It's a children's game about fucking cartoon pirates.
>>
>>368947
you in the discord?
I use to be sloop only till the bug and now I love rolling a gally with the boys
>>
>>368947
gal is just a disaster in general, the only thing I hate is when I ask what dudes want to do since I'm maxed in just about everything and nobody wants to say anything. Gonna get a fishing crew going this weekend hopefully since I'm tired of pvp
>>
>>369625
People like that are either , there to cause grief cause thats whats fun for them in this game or they are looking for a leader to get them on to something. I will never understand why everyone is so reluctant to drop down a voyage when they are so cheap.
>>
I just hate the edgy faggots that only fly reapers and just run around sinking everyone they see regardless of the reward. I'm all for opportunity kills but when all you do in the game is run around ruining other people's fun, you're kind of just a cunt.
>>
>>369881
im all for ruining peoples fun but I need a reward out of it
chasing down an athena emissary to the end is well worth it in my book, giving up to go do some shit event or chase a non-emissary instead is such a waste

every sink needs to have some value to me, theres gotta be a prize at the end otherwise it was a worthless venture
>>
>>369883
I'm mostly a solo player, and I can't even begin to count the number of time's I've been sunk when I had nothing. No chests and no emissary raised. And I know they know because they always board me and take a look. I can normally go toe to toe well enough, but I just get board of being contently chased down when I'm just trying to do a TT or something. I was just finishing a world boss when these level 5 reapers came to "help" me kill the skelly boss and as soon as it was over they sank my ship and then came and sank my ship again after i re-spawned only a few islands away. I even gave them all the loot, I just wanted to get the kill because it was the only one I hadn't killed yet.
>>
File: Screenshot (818).png (2.14 MB, 1920x1080)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>369881
>>369883
>>369889
I concur
Normally when I get chased I let them know I don't have loot and don't attack when they jump to check, I don't even get mad if they kill me first.

Any fag who sees I don't have emissary or loot but camps me and sinks my ship while I'm going to hand in fish or shop, fucking retard. Same for camping me at an outpost while I'm browsing or sitting at the tav
>>
>no Barbossa hat
>no Barbossa costume
>no Jack collector's monkey
>no Davy Jones hat
>no barnacle curse
for what purpose?
>>
>>370032
disney is jewish to the point they lose money to protect their power over the IP, we're lucky we even got the paypig jack sparrow and black pearl stuff
>>
>>370032
>>370153
>I've never been drip-fed content before!!!
fucking retards
Why would they release all of that at once when they didn't even know if it would sell well? Now that they know the Pirates sells well even in Sea of Thieves, they can just drop costume sets every couple of months to rake in maximum profits.
>>
File: unknown.png (99 KB, 772x333)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>wait 35 minutes in queue
>puts me solo in galleon arena
stop
>>
>>370206
>rare
proper drip feed
Barbossa never ever
>>
>>370542
well davey jones ship, costume, monkey, and weapons next
maybe barbosa after?
>>
File: 5123.jpg (491 KB, 1912x1080)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
sweet new tuck spot
>>
>Tucking
>Hiding in a ship for 2 hours for kiddos to clear a fort when you could just sink them and do it in a fraction of the time
le reddit memes? I don't understand zoomers
>>
>>370628
tucking is more fun, not only that actually DOING forts is so boring especially if youve ever genuinely tried to do fort of the damned

either way getting loot while AT THE SAME TIME ruining someones day and taking the reward for their hard work is a great feeling, if you disagree this isnt the game for you and your faggot ass should go back to fortnite
>>
Never forget that to this day zoomers are still complaining about PvP in a game called Grand Theft Auto that simulates a city overrun with crime.
>>
>>362384
Poaching is fun and faggots who can't enjoy it don't belong in open PvP games.
>>
File: 77844523.jpg (92 KB, 976x850)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>370630
>He needs kids to pray on to have fun
>In the same breath says he wants kids to leave the game
>>
>>371040
>need kids
I dont, other players besides kids will always want to do forts for one reason or another, its just that kids are the ones that bitch like you
>>
>game with the shittiest hit reg i've ever seen
>gives you hitmarkers on misses
>no headshots

hehe you faggots take this seriously

>>362094
Ah yes a game with no matchmaking, where it takes hours to build up treasure but I can spend 30 seconds staring at a small table with a wooden ship to figure out whether I should stay in the server or not to kill you. This is literally pubstomp the game, especially when other players don't want to fight you, how do you find that a challenge? hint hint it isn't and you're bad at video games
>>
>>371256
*tl;dr im bad at the game
>>
>>371256
on foot pvp was intended to be a joke with ship combat being the main focus, but CoDkiddies forced them to actively try to fix it so now we have this disaster of throwables and shitty hit reg
>>
>>371258
Not this game probably, games in general. Easy wins improve nothing.

>>371268
>sword lunges behind you

just business lad
>>
>>370357
I know your pain. They need mock combat or target shooting or something to do while you wait besides get drunk and puke or run around in circles. They need a board on the wall where you drop a dagger down and join a ship crew, you get 30 secs to vote out a crew if you need a friend to join and they can put their dagger on another ship instead, that would fill a few ships right away instead of having 12 people divided up between 5 ships and making them wait 30 mins till they fill up.
>>
>>371268
>ship combat being the main focus
Bold words, considering that it's nigh impossible to sink a properly defended ship without boarding and using on-foot PvP
>>
File: 1489432329732.jpg (828 KB, 3000x2119)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
got a reasonable amout of experience doing solo/duo sloop with one of my mates, but we're planning on doing a full 4 man galleon tonight for the first time - any tips?
>>
>>371493
Dont forget to have fun!
>>
>>371388
I meant originally, and sinking with cannons was always easily possible, but it takes more effort to line up a galleon broadside than most of the players are willing to put in
>>
electric flame of fate (have to go out of your way to get it even after the addition of ocean-crawlers)=esteemed order lantern (best standard lighting, model isn't over-designed like the notorious tier)>triumphant sea dog lantern (a bit too bright, the brightness of the flame is a bit of an eyesore>killer whale (a bit dim compared to the others)=other traditional lanterns (comfy yellow/orange light)>>pvp flame>>>>>>>>>any other colour tint
>>
>>371493
there is always some asshole on your boat that isn't in your group, safer to just set everything on fire
>>
>find some edgy all-black brig at anchor
>sink their ship, gun them down, steal their tall tale items
it was a nice day on the seas
>>
>thought pirate legend was the grindiest thing in the game
>then thought it was actually gold curse
>then thought it was hunters call
>then thought it was dark adventures set
>it was actually triumphant sea dog

my god this shit is so slow
>>
>>371222
not same but
>implying anyone but xboxy kiddies fall victim to tucking
If you somehow believe otherwise you are in some serious denial anon
>>
>jump arena servers over and over till I find one with a dude using all 4 glorious sea dog pieces
>keep jumping overboard trying to get kills throwing the game so that he quits
>close the crew
>now I can go for the chest dig and afk for top 3s

ggez Ill get the sea dog shit eventually
>>
>friends never want to get into real pirate fights and fuck with ppl
>tell them too bad and retard rush people anyways
>get our asses kicked(usually 2 times cause we respawn and go again)
>crew gets salty and quits
still haven't finish that pirates of the caribbean shit lmao
>>
>>374043
>playing with dudes who are too scared to fight
deserved
>>
>>373333
>hunters call
you can easily get this up while doing athena shit
>>
>>374656
except the relevant shit is tied behind commendations that require specific fish to be turned in
the levels in hunters call dont do anything
>>
>>374658
>commendations
you need to learn to love yourself and not take that path of pain bro
>>
>>374660
sea of thieves is fun, going for commendations is one of the most fulfilling parts of this game
at least the ones that unlock cosmetics
>>
why doesnt this game let you look directly down?
holy shit this is so fucking stupid for no god damn reason
>>
>>374043
Try playing with an open crew I find they are usually very eager to go after every ship they see to sink it or camp kill the crew, also just as likely to try to sink your own ship but ..
>>
open groups panic so much when you raise the anchor while the sails are up lmao
>>
Holy shit the ledger cannons are all God awful
>>
>>376019
>he tryhards his cannons
but do they shine?
>>
>>376019
Which ones? Merchant is just a reskin of the best cannons in the game.
>>
>>376023
i use the ori set, everything shines
>>
>>376084
All of them, except the merchant I guess (is the only one I haven't seen)
>>
>>376019
>another style-less tryhard
never gonna make it man, your footrags are ugly as shit too
>>
>>376189
>reapers and souls
mess of polygons, look like turds. At least the regular soul's cannons look nice, stylish and tidy while the same cannot be said about any cannon tied to rapers
>tribute cannons
kinda nice skulls are always cool
bit too garish, but that comes with the gold whore territory
too much of the model's polygons are wasted on shit that's hidden that could've been allocated to detailing the skull more
>ambassador
nice, very ceremonial look to them
can't tell if the ribbons are meant to be made of wood with it's brown edge highlights
has a similar issue as default raper cannons where the barrel is white and textured in such a way that it looks like it's made of bone/ivory/wood

sailor cannons
will match any set just because it's wood will change to your hulls colour
stylised, but still looks functional as cannons :-)
>>
>>376288
again its all shitter cope
good player doesnt need tryhard cannons to hit, shit player needs as many advantages as possible or theyll lose and even then theyll just lose anyway
>>
>>376290
all of my post was about appearance, aesthetics and model composition
nothing to do with gayplay
emissary ledger rewards are not hard items to acquire. The only cannon close to taking time to acquire + somewhat proving you're competent are triumphant cannons and they are
a. not really that difficult to get, just a grind which you can go afk for most of it
b. a "tryhard" compact design
>>
>>376296
you cant afk for triumphant sea dog cannons you have to hit 2000 balls on ships
regardless tryharding does not equal skill or ability

tryharding in this game is specifically about choosing specific cosmetics in order to try and gain any specific slight advantages against other players without specifically spending time to get better at the fundamentals of the game

so imagine a tuck suit dude going barefoot in order to mitigate the sound his footsteps make
and then he gets spotted by a dude wearing the bright white gilded phoenix outfit and then slammed by a sword despite using the blunderbuss sniper tryhard combo

THATS tryharding, this player thinks his outfit thats harder to see and the fact he makes less sound when he walks is an advantage that will get him wins instead of realizing that it doesnt matter at all
if you just arent good at the game having tryhard visibility cannons will not magically make you suddenly hit shots meanwhile a player who IS good at the game can hit you with the most visibility blocking cannons in the game anyway
>>
>>362094
I hope when skull and bones finally comes out it has PvE only servers so anti PvP fags fuck off to another game
>>
>>370357
It's a problem, they won't improve arena because nobody plays it but nobody plays it because they won't improve it

at the bare minimum they should just reduce the ship sinking penalty to 200 or so, it would make a huge difference for 5 minutes dev work
>>
What are some little changes and improvements you'd like?
>outline on the item you're selecting
>new ship type (maybe one for solo only)
>a way to keep a row boat on the shore
>a row boat with a gun
>>
>>376593
>outline on the item you're selecting
if you really need help theres this setting you can change that makes your activation marker stable instead of bobbing with water
>new ship type (maybe one for solo only)
no way to balance it, a sloop can already hard out maneuver and outpace every other ship
>a way to keep a row boat on the shore
yeah if you could lock the harpoon preventing it from moving thatd be fine but its not really a big enough gripe for me to care
>a row boat with a gun
no, awful idea

I honestly just want more limited time events with good cosmetics come out or cycle in older ones every now and then, the current one is so fucking pointless I havent done a single one
maybe an arena revamp or some shit, players already do pseudo-team deathmatch they could make a mode for that style of thing
something to use dabloons on, add back cosmetics that were tied to events that cost dabloons and price them at dark adventures level prices in exchange or just make new sets with that price range
new curses and cursed chests, biggest missed opportunities in the game
new world events, tall tales are cool and all but im fucking tired of waiting for ANYONE to finish the green fort cause it doesnt have any worthwhile loot just retire that event already or make it an order of souls quest, give that faction an equivalent to gold hoarders vaults and merchant sunken ships
>>
>>376612
>yeah if you could lock the harpoon preventing it from moving thatd be fine but its not really a big enough gripe for me to care
You know you can already do this with the R key, right?
>>
>>376612
>give that faction an equivalent to gold hoarders vaults and merchant sunken ships
Order of Souls has ghost ship fleets similar to Flameheart, that's the equivalent quest
>>
>>376670
except the reward is meager in comparison and doesnt even get you lvl 5 emissary like the other two, hell it isnt even much of a quest since you just go to the island and blow up the ships
feel like they could give you a fort to go to and a key to activate it or even a quest to get the key first, clear the fort, and it drops a ton of order of souls artifacts instead of the usual fort mixed bag
thatd be an equivalent

ghost fleet is more like animal delivery quests in comparison than an equivalent to the decent rep missions the other two factions have

>>376666
you have to stay on the harpoon to keep it locked meaning it doesn't work for what we were saying
>>
>>376593
Still being able to run if I'm only carrying a small treasure item or skull. Holding one in each hand would do the normal treasure walk.
>>
>>376612
>a sloop can already hard outpace every other ship
lol no
Sloops are the slowest ship unless you are heading dead into the wind, because otherwise a brig or galleon can just grab a crosswind and drastically outrun it.
>>
>>376593
>Respawn time tied to crew size, rather than flat 30 seconds
>Player health increased to 150

Though by far my absolute most controversial take is that you should be encouraged to rob other players, not sink them outright. Like the ship should sink real slowly and you should have to rush to get items out of it, or something of that nature.
>>
>>376593
Galleons get double supplies, a slight boost to speed with the wind and a front and back swivelgun mini-cannon that does small hole damage to ships and sniper damage to players it hits.

A way to "summon" activate the moltan sands fort maybe by sacrificing an ashen captains chest at the fort or something.

Pirate legends will never find themselves digging up seafarers or castaway chests, aka junk chests except from the random voyage bottle drops.

More rewards for Athena voyages especially in the Devels Roar.

The ability for xbox players to shift cycle through their items, for eg, I don't want to eat the pork I just picked up, it'd be nice to be able to shift to the next food items. It'd be nice to be able to pull out a cannonball and shift through to the chainshot to load into a cannon instead of opening my menu, navigating to the chainshot past 6 other items and selecting it to load it in only to find your target has already sailed out of your range.

Stamina bar for jumping and running while carrging or reloading a weapon.
>>
>>376988
im glad you dont work for rare
>>
>>376945
youre so fucking bad at this game
but let me teach you something

if you are on a sloop against any other ship you can sail directly into the wind, then make wide turns to get distance against that ship and they will NEVER be able to reach you, in fact you can dip in and out of your cannon range without giving them a chance to hit back because your turns are good and theirs are shitty not to mention they HAVE to have someone manning multiple sails otherwise they will lose even more speed
you CANT keep up with a sloop on the defense unless the crew is shit tier, if they arent you will never catch them
>>
>>377027
>The sloop can hard outpace any ship
>As long as it's in an extremely specific scenario
>>
>>377039
its not extremely specific when youre a good captain you fucking retard
you ALWAYS have that advantage because you will ALWAYS see another ship coming, if you dont you arent a good player let alone good captain

a good captain knows how to move with the wind and the sloop is the best ship to do it with because you dont have to mess with the sails and can turn on the dime
>>
File: shiprekt.webm (2.94 MB, 800x450)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
Are you a bad enough dude to use a shipwreck as an e-brake to stop another ship from running away?
>>
>want to have a big rumble at fof
>end up soloing it with no player interaction

>want to have a chill fishing/sailing session because my net is being unstable
>emissary that isn't reaper decides to play chasey for 40 minutes while I move from seapost/outpost dropping off my stuff
everytime

>>377027
a sloop is only marginally faster than a brig up-wind, which means the sloop has to always pay attention and keep heading against the wind or else a competent brig will take advantage of a sloops mistakes to easily close the distance
it's turns and sinking time are the things it's got over a brig, they both have a massive issue with losing their best/only mast. It's way better to stand and fight a brig because of how awkward it is, easy it is to knock off their crew and fast it can sink
>>
File: 1622955479718.png (157 KB, 500x375)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>doin' Tall Tales as a solo slooper
>park the ship and start doing muh puzzles
>suddenly hear cannon fire and go to check on the ship
>a Reaper galleon has parked herself next to my sloop
>immediately turn her into timbers and shoot me
>fine ok whatever, I did have a Grade 1 Gold Hoarder flag after all
>respawn and make my way back after fishing for a bit
>looks clear and I start trying to figure out the puzzle again
>suddenly cannonfire
>they're back and shooting despite no emissary flag
>shout through the horn to let them know I'm just doing Tall Tales
>hold up the book for good measure
>firing stops and I think I can repair my ship and get back to puzzles
>they stopped just so they could line up the cannons at me on the beach
It's fair enough to say that some people are also just dicks
>>
>>377042
>You can outrun them by taking dozens of steps at all times to keep yourself in the one position where you have a slight advantage
>Meanwhile they can sail in a straight line and keep up with you
Ok
>>
>>377070
>sinking time
Even then, it has the advantage of being the easiest ship to bail in the game.
Brigs are better than sloops and galleons in almost every regard.
>>
File: 1495739582398.gif (1.94 MB, 159x146)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
Bought the game in the summer sale cause of that PotC dlc advertised, still haven't started the game though. Should I just refund it at this point and go back to Puzzle Pirates?
>>
>>377423
Most of the PotC stuff is in its own instanced area so you don't have to worry about other players, though the ones that are in the overworld have been subjected to targetting griefing, so you know: caveat emptor
>>
>>377423
yeah refund it and watch someone play it on youtube
>>
>>377526
Fair, literally just clicked on it now after waiting a few hours for it to download, backing out big time I'll just replay AC4 or something
>>
>>376990
>jumping jack combat runner detected
>>
>>377308
if they sail in a straight line behind you they wont keep up you stupid fucking retard
>>
>>377062
If I tried that my ship would've lurched to the side and bounced off breaking the line to the ship and probably suffering a hole for it too. Might even have dead stopped me.
>>
>>377124
>some people are also just dicks
Most video game players are. Next time just scuttle your ship and stay hidden, they'll go away looking for a better target.
>>
>>377539
Do you usually play on a sloop?
>>
>>377549
yes, but ive only gotten good at sailing away from non-sloops cause of the black screen bug they havent fixed
I use to run down brigs and gallys
>>
>>377551
>black screen bug
Explain
>>
>>377539
I agree, whenever a sloop heads into the wind and stays there I assume they are experienced and I just give up. There's no way to catch up to a ship when they are using their advantage. I've tried so many times in a Galleon to catch ships, the only ones we get are the noobs and the lazy ones who don't know what to do to get away. Brigs are the fastest and manage to get ahead and just vanish in fog. Sloops will stay out of range forever and your crew will get bored or tired and leave before you ever get near them. Galleons used to be feared on the sea of thieves.
>>
>>377552
on the sloop if you have a hole in your ship it will take longer to spawn if it even lets you at all
the game thinks your ship is in mid-sink animation and is waiting for it to despawn it so it can respawn you on your new ship

>>377554
on galleons I usually just play pve mode doing voyages and fort of fortunes
the strength of a galleon is sails up, anchor up, canons facing the enemy, there is no way to ever approach a galleon doing this
>>
File: 1621464518926.jpg (17 KB, 200x200)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>377548
>scuttle your ship and hide
>they'll go away looking for a better target
Read nigga. They came back around the second time after the ship was scuttled and I fished around to give them enough time to wander off and look for a better target, and they evidently didn't care about loot. Don't pretend there was counterplay to be had: the only real option was to hop servers, which is fukken gay. Didn't feel like doing the Tall Tale anymore when I spawned in and had to sail across the map to get to it again.
>>
>>377555
>there is no way to ever approach a galleon doing this
Used to be and still is if you have a dedicated helmsman and people with pvp balls and can shoot. They fucked with the turn speed with the last update and now you can't turn fast enough to keep brigs or sloops to your broadside, they can stay to your front or back and actually change direction before a galleon can compensate.

If you have good crew who can take out their masts or board them and drop their anchor then thats a different story, but aside from cannoning to their ship boarding by ladder is difficult these days.
>>
>>377564
Also a galleon 'dead in the water' is an easy target.
>>
>>377564
I was assuming you were near an island during this, you can use the harpoons to hard turn and keep someone on the helm to adjust
>>
>>377551
Fair enough. I'm just used to people who only play brigs and galleons going "NUH UH SLOOP IS TOO GOOD."

Allow me to go deeper then. Saying the Sloop can always outrun the other ships is true in the sense that you must be pointed directly into the wind, and you must be willing to just run forever.
But even then, a brig into the wind still goes 95% as fast as a sloop, but if it's able to get even a tiny amount of wind in its sails it's now going literally more than twice as fast as the sloop, while a galleon that can almost catch the wind is going 150% the speed of the sloop. So if the wind shifts and they can tack even slightly with the wind, they'll easily be able to catch you.

That doesn't mean it's impossible, but it is still absolutely harder for a sloop to outrun a brig or galleon than a brig or galleon to outrun a sloop.
>>
>>377567
In that situation you better hope you have more supplies than them and they don't constantly try to board you while your crew is repairing.
>>
>>363137
there has to be more incentive to use diplomacy that isnt "lets sing to shanties while you tell me your fake story".
>>
>>377575
Sorry man but a sloop in the wind is uncatchable in a galleon, a brig will actually get distance away because they are so much faster. I've tried to tack to catch up to sloops but it never works, they can just make a course change and move away before you can tack back and adjust the sails in a galleon. Thats IF your galleon crew helps to angle the sails, which they never do lol.
I can see how a brig could catch a sloop if the sloop made a mistake and got in poon range. Even if you stay in the wind you'll run out of map or get cornered and the brig'll get ya easy. They need to nerf the brig if anything.
>>
>>377580
>Rather than sinking immediately and having all the loot pop up, the ship gets stuck "sinking" for one minute, and any loot still below deck after that time is lost to the attacker
Easy fix. It would greatly encourage robberies rather than just beating up on the other ship.
>>
>>377587
I mean, you aren't really disagreeing with me. Mostly what I'm saying is if the wind is blowing North to South, the sloop has to go straight South with very little deviation in order to outrun either bigger ship. Deviating to even as far as South-West or South-East will give the bigger ships enough wind to catch up to them.

Honestly I feel like galleons are in a good place balance-wise, since their firepower and additional crew comes with a deep coordination requirement. Brigs are definitely too powerful, while Sloops are too weak.

Though like the other guy said, fixing the black screen glitch would help a ton.
>>
>>377580
>there has to be more incentive to use diplomacy that isn't "let's sing to shanties while you tell me your fake story"
What the fuck are you talking about? Diplomacy has a bunch of incentives. You can use it in order preserve your supplies or emissary status. You might talk things out so you don't have to deal with a ship battle to get on with your respective voyages. There's potential for greater loot to be had by working together in world events and the like, taking your share via the alliance flag lootshare mechanic and the like. There's a general amount of money, time, supplies, and safety to be preserved by figuring out a bargain, and then things can become interesting on top of that by whether they'll still betray you, as Alliances don't prevent friendly fire.

That's way more interesting and captures the whole angle of "honor among thieves" along with inevitable betrayal due to greed that characterizes pirates to a lot of people, and that's a lot better than "unga bunga me see ship me act like skeleton ship BANG BANG BANG" every single time.
>>
>>377630
>by whether they'll still betray you, as Alliances don't prevent friendly fire.
Spoiler alert: they will.

The only way to do an alliance is to sink one ship and pile everyone on a ship together.
>>
>>377576
again they cant DO anything, if they come at you they get bombarded by 3 canons while someone on your crew goes to board them and if they shoot from too far you can just repair since the top shots dont matter
>>
>>377575
thats only if youre too stupid to just look at the wind
again if youre a decent captain and arent fucking BLIND you will never be caught on a sloop
>>
>>377725
Are you trying to argue with me by restating the exact same thing I just said?
>>
>>377526
>>377530
So yeah I bought it like a month ago so I can't get a refund, better off just trying to play the game now instead.
>>
>>363271
>play risk reward based game voluntarily
>take risks
>the risk is you can lose the rewards

Woah it's almost like that's the fucking point of the game or something. Sell up more often if you don't want to risk your shit.
>>
>>362094
How do you get fucking good at pvp yo? My fren and I just can't seem to have it click. We can maneuver fine I feel but when it comes to actually shooting back things fall aprt.
>>
>>377950
Cannonballs have a weird trajectory when you're moving. Practice against ghost ships and skeleton ships until you get a hang of it. It'll take a while but if you can reliably land the first chainshot on a sloop or brig it's really decisive. That and being able to smack their cannons when they have people on them.

If all else fails just launch yourself at them and get on board and toss blunderbombs until they all get thrown off the deck. Don't bother with firebombs. Firebombs are only useful against skeleton ships.
>>
>>377950
>>377984
>get on board
To build on this, don't go for the deckshot, especially if you're starting out and can't hit normal shots easily. Either try to get ahead of them and jump into the water or get a feel for cannon momentum and shoot yourself into their path. Boarding is practically a necessity as well, as most crews can patch holes or bail water until the end of time and will just get right back to business unless you spawn camp them (on that note, Rare seriously needs to add more sabotage options than just the stove so you can actually can and want to do more than spawn camp).
>>
>>378074
>more sabotage options than just the stove
The stove? Seriously? You think it's better to wait 10 mins for a fire to start from an overcooked banana then to raid their barrels for firebombs?

>>377950
Practice your swordplay. You should be able to do the block-jump attack every single time without fail. If you do it successfully you don't get winded. Eventually you will be weaving left and right away from their sniper fire while you rush attack them. As for shooting it's down to your net connection and your opponets. I've point-blank blunderbussed people that does nothing to them while they turn around and one shot me with a hip fire sniper shot. There's not really a perfect way to attack but I can say defending is impossible. You can't block and turn as fast as someone can strafe around you. Same goes for aiming down the barrel unless you turn up your aim sensitivity but then you better have good reflexes. Get good at pulling out blunderbombs and throwing them at distant targets. It's the best way to deal with gun people in this game. Use masts as cover. Predict where they will go and beat them to it. Someone just board your ship? You can bet they are heading to drop your anchor. They have to stop a second to do it, thats when you get them. Someone camping you who likes to bunnyhop all over? Make them face you below deck. Get good at jump dodging with your sword block up, snipers hate that. Anticipate how players react and thinking quick on the fly has always got me pvp wins. Take every oportunity to pvp when you get boarded or spawn camped, don't rage quit, just keep trying and learning.
>>
>>378153
>you think it's better than etc. etc. etc.
Don't be such a faggot about jumping to conclusions. It's hard to even begin to respond to this as you're putting words in my mouth, especially since, if anything, that part of my post was complaining about the stove instead of advocating for it.
>>
>>377950
my biggest tip is to play arena, even solo in open crews can give you new insights on the mechanics of the game
also get use to your combo of weapons and their strengths and weaknesses

the most popular tryhard combo is eye of reach + blunderbuss because of the double shot combo, you can shoot someone at a decently close range with the blunder and EVEN if it doesnt oneshot they will be low enough that a single eye of reach shot will kill them, this makes the combo most effective at defending a ship
for boarding the shotgun + sword combo is most effective but on bigger ships, in the water, and on islands youll be at a disadvantage
pistol + eor is good if youre the captain and now how bullets travel based on ship speed
pistol + sword is a good inbetween for doing everything but is generally outclassed by sniper + sword
pistol + blunderbuss is probably the weakest combo in the game
>>
File: 124.png (1.65 MB, 1656x1052)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
I dont think this guy knows that tucking with glowing pieces isn't very effective
>>
What changes would (you) make to arena
>>
>>378441
add commendations to unlock hidden glorious sea dog pieces and new triumphant variants that unlock when you own them all
Demarcos hair, beard, gloves, boots, and hat
Lesedis hat, belt, and boots
Tristan, Carlos, and Winters jackets
all of those could be tied to some already established commendations

add a season track
the same way the game has a battlepass just add a new one in arena mode every new season, it doesnt even need the full 100 levels since arena games take longer to get in just make it 50 levels
hell the first final reward is already super easy just make a silver version of the gold curse

bump up the amount of points you get for kills to 30, 15 on knock and 15 for the death instead of 5 for each, at least that way you arent just throwing games trying to get your 300 eor kills commendation

add a tdm mode, within this new mode add a new colored sea dog set for wins, games played, and gun kills specifically in this mode

done, now every season you have a second bp to do and some fomo incentive to play arena and all they had to do was make some assets ALREADY in the game wearable, recolor a handful of them, tweak some numbers, and make a handful of items for a new bp
the only part that would require real work would be the tdm mode and all it takes to do is spawn everyone on one of the fort islands and make a unique area each player can safely use to swap weapons freely
>>
File: 1625048121781.gif (3.58 MB, 500x288)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB GIF
>Fishin in muh sloop with buddy, no loot, just fish, having a good ol time
>suddenly a wild galleon appears
>turn her into the wind and fuckin go
>galleon chases me into the wind across the map for 2 fucking hours never making much progress
>eventually run out of map and start to panic
>swing around volcanic mound in devil's reef heading north, hoping that they'll be retarded enough to try and follow me in a straight line
>they are and take many flaming rocks
>last we see is their burning ship crash into rocks with no one at the helm and sink
>laugh and go to turn in our trophy fish
>>
>5 raper emi Disney portals into my server while doing thieves haven runs
>spot him on the horizon coming in hot
>come to meet them
>they start running at the first sign of me approaching them
>Disney portals out of the server
get rid of this shit already Rare
>>377411
nah bailing from a brig and sloop is the same, the thing that limits their bailing speed is the speed of the bucket animation in that time you can easily get up the stairs to the little window on a sloop before you can throw the water. If the bucket was virtually instant then sure you could probably go full autismo on a brig
>>
>>378479
>. If the bucket was virtually instant then sure you could probably go full autismo on a brig
I'd tell you to learn super bucketing but its getting removed so no bother
>>
>>378479
>little window
You can chuck it out the back from the top of the stairs, which is considerably more reliable.
>>
>>378459
Good job
Though if you have two people, no reason to not jump off the back and try to board over and over and over until you can get their anchor.
>>
>>378441
Sink is changed from -1000 to -500 or possibly even lower
Cannonball Hit is changed from +40 to +20
Ships properly respawn with a rowboat
Add a victory spree system to help speed progress up
Team ships piloted by Glorious or Triumphant Sea Dogs with 300 wins get gilded trims
Make the Team Ships Sets be available cosmetics locked behind commendations
Randomly, a cursed chest will spawn for increased dig and cash points
Randomy, the chest might be on a ghost ship, which doubles as an opportunity to add lore
Supply buoys can be found around, featuring premium supplies like tridents, cooked food, cursed cannonballs, etc.
Go all out on the rewards: free pet outfits, new shanties, a sea dogs curse that shines more silver the more games you win
Add a new array of seaposts that provide a cash-in location that's always farther away and rewards less, but is less likely to be camped than the main spot
Have an event that actually requires the Arena instead of just lame incidental Adventure shit like the Plunder Games
New mode: Chicken Ship -- Hunt down a skeleton ship now poorly piloted by a bunch of oversized chickens that are also the prize to be handed in. They don't require cages and can't be killed, but they're affected by cannon and blunderball knockback.
>>
>>379091
>possibly even lower
It should be -200
What the fuck could they possibly have been going through their heads to make them think -1000 was a good idea
>>
ship combat is this game feels like ass. combat is this game feels like ass.
>reaper fires canons at me
>fire back
>he runs
>chase him
>repeat forever
fucking pirate lord should make it so you cant run from ship fights you fucking start
>>
Was a mistake to raise an emissary flag, comfy solo sloop times over
>>
>>378397
I learned that the hard way when I started using some devils roar legend belt that has a little double v glowy bit on the back. Hoped they wouldn't see it. They saw it. Dusk goes by quick.
>>
>>379251
>chainshot
>anchorball
>mastball
>boarding and hitting the anchor
There's a lot of shit you can do to stop running. Git gud.
>>
>haha I threw firebombs at your ship after missing your ladder, haha aren't you scared??
literally the only time this is actually useful is if they get the balcony on a gally and the crew is stupid
>>
>>379777
>Saw a guy rowing up to our ship with a keg
>volley a firebomb
>bye bye dumbass
they have some use, setting ships on fire takes a lot of them and they're still not that great. Fuck once I used 15 of their own firebombs on a brig after I killed them, covered their ship in fire, they killed me and by the time I spawned back on my ship from the ferry, they had it out.
>>
>>380321
What is the main purpose of setting a ship on fire? Does it do damage to it or is it just to disrupt the crew?
>>
>>380325
It does damage
>>
>>380325
it disrupts the crew, if left alone for a good 10 min it will make a hole

fire isnt very useful at all except in cases where the enemy has to already handle bailing, repairing, raising a mast, steering, and lifting the anchor
throwing it on a ship with no damage is as useless as dumping them into the water
>>
>Discussion on firebombs starts
If you're boarding/tucking and looking to start a fire as an offensive play, listen to me when I say you need to pack at least ONE (1) blunderbomb. Usually, you can run to their cannonball barrel and steal their firebombs, crews have at least 5 on them, so you won't need to head back if you miss the masts; with that being said here's what I do to start the fire:
>4 firebombs, 1 blunderbomb
>If successful tuck, wait for an opening to anchor, then step back and firebomb the capstan/wheel
>If boarding, dart for the capstan and watch to see if people catch it. blunder if caught, fire if dropped
>My crew can usually snag masts after an anchor, so I never bother with bombing the masts, just the spots where you raise them up
I never fire below deck since it serves no real purpose when a single hole can put it all out.
I've seen some grade A retard strategies where a crew set their OWN ship on fire near the ladders to catch us coming up instead of watching them. That was the only time I ever landed a mast ladder grab, and it sure as hell surprised me more than it surprised them.
>>
>>380325
It takes about 3 to 5 minutes for a firebomb to sink a ship if literally nothing is done about it.
It takes about 10 seconds to put out all the fires and patch all the holes.
So it's absolutely not the main damage dealer unless you have snuck up on an empty ship.

It's definitely useful for crew disruption, but firebombs are primarily for PvE. Firebombing the deck of a skeleton ship kills the gunners so they can't shoot you and you can just broadside freely, and it's the only real way to kill Gold Skeletons.
>>
>>380325
in pvp it forces players to fix the problem
useless just used willy nilly against someone competent
completely worthless if you apply it on the bottom of the hull because the issues it causes solves itself
useful hitting key areas like the capstan, wheel, cannons, spawning locations and high traffic areas like stairs so that players have to either go and put it out or sit in the flame and take damage

also useful for hitting the main mast, either to pop kegs on retards like the other anon said or to throw on your own ship to check for tuckers in the crows nest without putting yourself in a vulnerable position

in pve it lets you decimate skeleton waves efficiently
>>
>>379556
I hate that broken emissary flags are worth so much. I 100% why they are, as the whole point is that the more you get the more you become a target, but even a Grade 1 flag has a base value higher than a Stronghold chest, and Grade 2 is second only to Athena loot. You can be a solo slooper out on their first voyage for that session and already people will want a piece of dat ass.
>>
>>377589
That would be cool.
>>
>>377836
I don't like getting chased by a galleon for thirty minutes even though I'm doing tall tales :(
>>
>>380544
They boarded us multiple times and we told them that we didn't have any loot. And they could see the fucking lack of loot/emissary, yet they still chased us across the map just to sink us.
>>
>>380544
if youre doing tall tales you get checkpoints you retard just swap server
>>
>>373279
Killing dudes on tall tales is a dick move.
>>
>>380550
You don't understand seeding do you
>>
>>380556
I do, bitching about tall tales and getting attacked during them is retarded, getting gold curse is easy and youre fucking trash if you bitch about this non-issue
I have gold curse
>>
>>380557
No reason to be an ass about it then, I value my time and getting hounded by some group who wants to shoot a ship that wont shoot back pisses me off no matter how easy the tall tales are.

also just out of curiosity, do you have the glitterbeard as well?
>>
>>380563
no I dont have glitterbeard, eventually Ill try for it but right now im grinding a handful of triumphant sea dog clothes
Im just saying man, out of all the annoying things people can do in this game just getting sunk while you do a tall tale is nothing
if youve never been held hostage unable to even scuttle because a crew wants to get their friends into their server youve never been hazed as badly as you could in sea of thieves
>>
>>380567
Yeah I'm still kinda new.
I have the beard but not the gold curse. I'm also working towards umbras commedations for the cool tattoo sets.

I got glitterbeard from luck because I knew a guy who knew a guy who actually did all the commedations to unlock glitterbeards room, and he let everyone in the discord cycle through his crew and get the beard. Which was pretty nice.
>>
>>380571
thats pretty cool, you have to get 8 players to do an easteregg thing in order to open the room in the first place
game requires patience, the more you want the more patience you need and gold curse is one of the easiest of the grindy things to get its just boring
>>
I don't mind streamers
but nothing makes me seethe more than apes in their chat finding them servers then giving them their ship
up there with seeing some lanky freak in the majestic sovereign shirt that's dog shit at the game
a solid 350000 on the anal Scoville scale
>>
>>380325
Dumping fire on the other ship depends on the situation. Firebombing their cannons can help keep pressure off you, the wheel so they can't sit there constantly on it or the capstan if the anchor is down to keep them from raising it better. If you suspect a keg in their crow's nest you can firebomb the mast too so it explodes.
>>
>>380373
Onetime an absolutley shitty xbox sloop was chasing me and me crew. But we were completely out of cannonballs. And we decided to sink them using only firebombs. We raised sails and jumped off, and boarded. Once we had them killed and anchored, we firebombed the fuck out of everywhere that wasn't the spawns, then we just spawnkilled them until sink.
>>
>>380837
I did the exact same thing but to a galleon. It was docked and my ship was elsewhere, so I boarded, dropped about 5 firebombs on each deck, and then held the bottom deck by myself for five minutes so they couldn't patch it up.

It's possible, but way less effective than just shooting them.
>>
File: VRzbIRu.gif (1.74 MB, 500x206)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB GIF
>Solo slooping, accidentally sink my ship in a storm
>Get on board a galleon that stopped on the island I was on
>Hang out with the crew until they realize I'm not gonna do shit
>They sail off to do an ashen lord
>I help out but die
>Sail my ship all the way back to them right as they beat it
>I help bring back some loot and hit them with a "Lets form an alliance!"
>"No." "No." "No. Sorry."
>Immediately kill two of them
>Take the ashen skull and set fire to the ship
>Raid their barrels for cursed cannonballs and chainshot
>Sword dash back to my sloop
>Immediately knock down all three of their masts, unload ten shots into their lower deck, hit them with an anchorball to keep them in place when they get the anchors up.
>Kill three boarders, spam "LETS FORM AN ALLIANCE" every time they die
>Watch as their ship sinks, then don't even bother to take any of the loot and slowly sail off
>Mfw
>>
>>378153
Anon your giving some great advise too here.
>You should be able to do the block-jump attack every single time without fail
Should I just google that to get a good vid/explanation on that? regardless, thanks for the spoon feed, I enjoy this game and I think it'll be worth actually getting gud.
>>
>>381076
I'd like to think I can put aside my ego and go for an alliance if one guy is slapping my shit good. Were they a full crew?
>>
>>381112
>I'd like to think I can put aside my ego and go for an alliance if one guy is slapping my shit good.
To be fair, by completely annihilating their mainmast I made it far harder for them to fly their alliance flag. But by that point I didn't care about the alliance or the money. I wanted to remind them to not be unfriendly.
And it was a full crew.
Hopefully they were smart enough to put all the shit on the island and just go get the respawned ship.

>>381089
A vid might help, but the basics of it are:
>Hold block
>While holding block, sword dash
>Right when the dash starts moving you forward, press jump
When you do it right three things happen.
1) You can move freely during the sword dash windup, letting you position yourself better
2) You get extra distance and do a good whopper of damage when it connects
3) It lets you immediately strike twice more to finish them off
It's also an ESSENTIAL means of transportation, because doing it gives you extra jump distance while platforming and lets you go really, really quickly through water.
There's probably more to it than that, I don't look stuff up much.
>>
>>376593
5 seconds of invincibility when you respawn
Literally the last three times I was sunk were due to getting spawncamped. It's fucking elementary game design.
>>
>>376593
>maybe one for solo only
nah should make another trio one that can also be reasonably manned by a duo
duos and trios are by far the easiest crews to put together so they should have the most options
Solo's already have the sloop and the only way you could improve the solo experience is making it so that knockback gets decreased if you're alone so you can't get flung off of your ship as easily by a gally blunder spamming or pve getting a lucky hit flinging you off your ship
>>
>>381242
Yeah you can't even pull out your sword or gun fast enough before they have you dead.
>>
>>381257
I feel like a fair chunk of spawn camping would be fixed if you disallowed other crews from resupplying from your ammo cache, at least that way they can only kill you 5 times instead of infinite times before having to resupply at their own ship
>>
Is there some setting that lets you see people in the water better?
I always get noticed when I'm 10 feet down and yet can't ever see anyone in the water.
>>
>>381269
That's honestly fine. It's way simpler to:
>Decrease respawn times for smaller crews
>Have a damage boost period when you respawn
>Increase player health slightly so that nothing one-shots you
Any one of those would make it way easier
>>
>>381272
You would think that it'd be a simple fix for a problem that should be near top priority for anyone thinking on how boarding combat should work. "Hmm, what if the players win and the other crew spawns back? What happens when a crew spawns and immediately is faced by the enemy unprepared?" It kind of hurts even more that CQC combat in this game is wonky, I don't understand why power attacks or even blocking are included because I never see anyone use either. So even If I do spawn and not get blasted in half, the boarders just b-hop off the ship flailing wildly and I never get a proper sword duel with anyone.
>>
>>362094
Never played this for the exact reason that pvp seems kinda shit, but sort of feel like it needs some EVE style guilds/clans/pirate fleets to keep things from being a clusterfuck of rdm. Like you join one organization for protection, you have territory, someone sinks you, you can put a bounty out on them. Enemies start fucking with you, you can sink them if you're in their territory. Wars so you know where not to fuck around. The game's pvp is too random in that you don't really know when you're at high risk or not.
>>
>soloing an ashen lord
>starting the last phase when a galleon rolls up and starts blasting my sloop
>haul ass into the woods and watch my ship sink while the galleon crew starts to fight the ashen lord
>find keg on island and swim around to their ship barely surviving the boiling waters from the ashen lord's attack
>sneak aboard and detonate the keg on the bottom level
>water reaches second level before I even see the other crew try to save it
>die while fighting them but the last thing I see is their ship sinking
>respawn and race back to the island
>the red tornado disappears meaning they killed the ashen lord
>see that their ship somehow got to spawn closer
>knock out two of their masts with chainshot while I sail past
>get to the island and see all the treasure is still there and all of the crew mermaided back to the ship
>snag the ashen winds skull, chest of rage, and a few other goodies before heading to the nearest outpost
>>
>the main goal is cosmetics
>don't release 80% of the recolors and unique models you've made
forever mad
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ORk8Nv_bBRzsgHR5_65CLut5RZbLml7v
>>
>>381270
You probably glow like a plentyfin in the dark with your clothes.

>>381269
>disallowed other crews from resupplying from your ammo cache
That's actually not a bad idea but you'd have to include the portable boxes too.

>>381278
I kninda wish that when you have a weapon out your movement is slowed a bit and to run you put your weapon away and have to draw it back out to use it. I recall a stamina bar in this game that was annoying because it got used up when you ran for a long time but if you have a weapon out a stamina bar that gets used up by attacking, jumping and dodging would open up lots of tactics. Being able to parry and counter with a sword would be nice too but I dunno if timing like that is possible to do over the internet in a game like this.
>>
spawncamping is the way it is for a reason
if youre shit enough to get boarded and then continuously lose in a fight you deserve to be sunk
git gud
>>
File: cannon rowboats.png (15 KB, 962x215)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
oh boy, here we go
i dont know how i feel about this yet
>>
>>381454
I'm all for rowboat cannons but only if they are for launching pirates only, for for use as direct weapons
>>
>>381439
>Being an Internet Tough Guy on a children's pirate game
Why?
>>
File: vm.png (643 KB, 914x1280)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>381500
>Being a bitch on 4 chins
>>
>>381503
Yeah, why are you?
>>
>>381500
this game is literally for internet tough guys
no matter how much of a little faggot bitch you are you will never get rare to cater to you and I will continue to dunk you
the only option is to either git gud or quit
>>
>>381586
>This game where you get rewarded for playing music while drunk is actually SUPER SERIOUS
lmao whatever you say, chief. Sorry you can't hack it in fortnite or whatever
>>
>>381603
its not super serious, its fun to shit on retards like you and its easy to do it too
and thankfully rare doesnt cater to shitters who want invincibility because theyre not good enough to learn the game
>>
>>381609
>It's not super serious
>I just like to treat it super seriously
Sure thing, bud. Whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>381340
Did that ashen lord happen to be a japanese looking dude? did one of the crew of the ship you blew up try and warn you that this ship was a "no bomb zone"? Cause this sounds awful similar to what happened to me crew last night
>>
>>381454
That sucks
>>
>>381454
gonna be one of the worst feelings in the world when youre chasing someone and it turns out that they found a way to get a rowboat stuck on their ship and now they have a cannon able to fire directly behind them
>>
>>381814
It'll probably only swivel back as far as the current cannons do. So you'll just get an extra cannon on the starboard side.
>>
>>381374
I've always thought this complaint was silly, if only because the game is already retarded enough about what cosmetics are permanently exclusive to things like timed events and so on. Basic shit like a Meg-themed figurehead or area-themed Sails are lost to history forever, so it's not like they're already giving you everything you can work towards.
>>
>>381678
It was Captain Grimm
>>
>>381454
Is there a place to read the Insider patch notes and hear about all the upcoming goodies without signing up myself? I know we're getting underwater dungeons and such, but the only info I see is just the small bits being posted from time to time.
>>
>>381831
no I mean like pushing a rowboat from the side a tall dock onto your ship and then pushing it into the backside facing out
>>
File: I have no mouth.jpg (119 KB, 800x936)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>362094
>Do people just not understand the literal nautical definition of piracy? It's a pirate game, I'm going to kill you.
The only thing I dislike is that they can rob your ship while you're anchored at an outpost and people will steal your shit. I looked into it historically and pirates wouldn't attack their own at port. Seems there is honor among thieves.
>>
>>381877
the philosophy of sea of thieves as that your crew is the pirates and everyone else is a merchant vessel

otherwise there would be literally no one to fight because of le honor among thieves
>>
>>381878
>otherwise there would be literally no one to fight because of le honor among thieves
Just fight at sea why do you have to be a faggot and steal shit from a sloop at port? Ports should be safe zones at the very least. Everywhere else is fair game.
>>
>>381879
because otherwise pussies would run to the ports any time theyre engaged on the seas idiot
you overestimate how much every single person on the sea of thieves is willing to fight, most would rather run than risk their 2 villainous skulls in a fight
>>
>>381877
>>381879
I don't think it'd mesh well with the game, but I get it. I hate the whole idea of "Oh you took down this Skeleton Fleet and plundered the coffers of the Gold Hoarder vaults, but someone ambushed you at port so all that loot is theirs now :^)," even though there's no real good solution to it.
>>381880
>otherwise pussies would run to the ports any time they're engaged at seas
They already do this. They do it without a safe zone already, and the sanctity of things is already tainted by players using Tall Tales to run away into safer waters. Grade V Emissaries probably spend more time at the Shores of Gold or the Sea of the Damned than on open waters nowadays.
>>
>only want a few specific triumphant sea dog pieces
>the pieces I want are all grindy
man if it didnt take 10 min per game to start this wouldnt be so bad
I need 100 games played to get the fucking pants so thats 25 hours of actual gametime not counting the time it takes to find a fucking match
>>
>>381877
>ask for parley
>always met with silence
BOO
>>
load in
go to souls
buy ghost ship voyage
vote it
make sure it's on a island not on the edge of the map
go afk
get fucked new players
>>
>>381922
I'm confused as to what this does
>>
>>381982
new players aren't brave or smart enough for ghost ships
it prevents them from approaching islands for their voyage
if they do manage to kill them off, hunt them down for your free captains skull
>>
>>382210
won't new players just leave if their on a big boat, don't know what their doing, and the other guy is afk?
>>
>>382216
He's not talking about his own crew. He's just spoiling the island on the off chance some noob might want to use it. Pretty gay desu
>>
>Literally never have a single issue with Sirens ever
>Friend who watches streamers religiously complains to me about Sirens like they're ruining the game
Are they actually an issue? No way, right?
>>
>>382296
The only """issue""" is the slightly higher spawn rate due to being a brand new enemy. But thats already been dealt with in Insider
the only other possible complaint is "sirens in arena"
>>
>>382296
For a time, it felt like I couldn't be in the water for 5 seconds without them spawning
>>
>received another $50k and 30 doubloons on login
What did they fuck up this time?
>>
>>382354
Probably you didn't notice they didn't give you rewards you were entitled to do to some bug.

>>382296
I hate the sirens.
>Finally track down pirates that fucked me and my crew
>they just fucked over another crew for an ashen lord steal
>park alone on other side of island and scuttle
>they didn't see me
>found a keg YES!
>they busy organising loot and dropping it by the shore
>only one fag on the ship poongun loading
>start swimming with keg
>gunna get em good haha
>suddenly sirens attack me
>die
>pve ruined my game
Sharks I can handle, a half dozen fuckers that swim away from you and shoot you with high damage bubbles while I'm trying to sneak board some assholes I can't :/ fuck sirens
>>
>>382553
If it makes you feel any better, one keg wouldn't have done much of anything to a brig or galleon, even with the drop on them.
>>
>>362094
after patching the game aiming to hurt Summit1g gameplay (raiding other people's boat/steal things) why do people play this shit again?
>>
>>382569
Sure it would, I planned to drop it at the front of the brig to kill the pooner and drop sails and steer it away from the island. Should have been able to stop any boarders, by the time they merm back the ship would've been sunk.
>>
>>382601
That's actually when I started playing because sum is a lil gay bitch stoner manlet retard my nigga
>>
>>382274
>gay
based*
>>
>>382296
play music when they spawn so they're a big fat "warning warning there's a fag in the water"
>>
What's up with these niggers announcing that an update they never talked about being delayed a week?
>>
>>382601
I have no idea what you're talking about so I assume the change was a good one.
>>
Some queer told me gold and glory weekend was starting today, was he just being a deceptive fagot?
>>
>>383707
Only person who could tell you when it would be is a dev because there is no info about it currently. They seem to do it twice a year, so I assume it'd happen again within the next 3 months.
>>
>>381814
itll be even funnier when you realize that rowboats actually slightly outrun sloops that are sailing into the wind so now sloopers have literally no way to escape in a chase :^)
>>
>>383055
It's a fairly big update, but it also is a rather shallow one.
>>
>>383807
You just described the entire game.
>>
>that video on R*ddit that's making people lose their minds with rage
>>
>>383929
>throw away account just to shit post on the sot r*ddit cause this thread is dead gets perma banned no warning for telling someone they are going to enjoy the next update
>>
>>383929
what video?
>>
>>383982
the one at the top of the subreddit that has 1000 comments now
>>
>>384040
Holy shit lol
>>
>>384040
>Dude so toxic they chase me for 2hr just to sink me PVP in this game is bad -SoT
>Dude this game is so toxic I get shot in 30 secs right out of spawn I just wanna run around and collect guns and ammo like the game is meant to be played -CoD
>>
>>384093
false equivalence
you're just as cringe as the r*dd*t*rs
>>
Not gonna bother reading this whole thread, but you should be thankful that the devs didn't capitulate to the carebears. This game's success is a perfect example that the anti-PvP whining is a trap and devs who succumb to it are foolish and invariably kill their game.
>>
File: 1387482003370.gif (1.97 MB, 384x216)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>383929
>Running for two hours to protect 2.5k in loot
>>
>>383929
PvPvE games always get ruined by faggot "pve only" players
>>
>>382296
They're annoying as shit. I remember spending fucking forever trying to break a ruby mermaid gem statue underwater because Sirens kept showing up as I was trying to smash it. I ended up making more off the Siren Gems than the Mermaid Gem, but it was so annoying that the extra loot did little to assuage me.
>>
>>363137
Player interactions is literally what makes the entire game. Could you imagine how boring and monotonous this game would be if there was no PvP? Getting sunk and losing time is what the game is about and if someone can't handle that shit then they either get good or they shouldn't go anywhere near the game.
>>
File: 1528008037680.png (214 KB, 720x734)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>379556
I tried to introduce a buddy into the game and I had us do a vault and put up an emissary not knowing it gives away the location on the map. We clean out the vault, go to the bring the loot to the ship, galleon already parked, sunk the ship and murdered us. He has not played the game since.
>>
>>384300
>2.5k
there's way more than 3 ashen captains chests in that pile
it's definitely all from a devils vault minus the tribute because the crew is stupid
catching rank 4-5 gold whores in devils is one of the more profitable things you could do as raper
>>
>>384917
>player interaction is literally what makes the entire game
Which is, of course, why the first point of that post is all about praising player interaction in the game and just saying that players acting like mindless PvE enemies exclusively can get boring as well.
>can you imagine how boring this game would be if there was no PvP
Thank god that nowhere in that post was it insinuated that that would be a the route to take in the face of what's being discussed
>getting sunk and losing time is what the game is about
It's the THREAT of getting sunk and losing time is what the game is all about. It's the thing that spices up voyages and the like by adding tension every time you see a ship's silhouette on the horizon or feel that you're taking too long at an island stop, and it works specifically because you don't want to be sunk. You praise the interactions of the game but then you can't wrap your head around players buying into what's the driving force for those interactions?
>if someone can't handle that shit then they either get good or they shouldn't go anywhere near the game
Of course they're able to handle it, it's just that, again, they're saying "No, fuck you, I don't want my shit stolen" when the entire game and the interactions you supposedly praise are predicated on saying "No, fuck you, I don't want my shit stolen."

Honestly, if anyone's got a problem that shows they obviously can't handle the game, it's the players like you. It's called Sea of Thieves. The definition of thieving is to take shit that doesn't belong to you when they don't want you to take it. If you can't handle "Hey, fuck you for taking my shit" coming from the speaking trumpet, then you're the one who's too fragile to contend with the way the game works while they're just acting the way the game wants them to.
>>
As a newer player the worst part about pvp besides the initial attempts at learning vs experienced players is how they almost never have anything so even when you sink them it's still just a waste of time and resources. Losing your stuff is always going to suck but the fact you don't even get anything for fighting back most of the time is just lame
>>
>>385014
Something to keep in mind that genuinely experienced players who only do PvP will do a lot of risk avoidance. Even if it doesn't seem that way. Often the reason they have nothing is because of two reasons:
>Other people they sank have nothing or they just don't take the loot.
>They do routine turn-ins after scoring a big haul before going out again

It's only the fags who try to show off their loot for le ebin updoots. Me and my buddies rarely take the loot. Exceptions being an emissary flag. We'll take those since it's an easy turn in even though we don't run Reaper.
>>
>>385041
>Me and my buddies rarely take the loot.
So you are doing it because...?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (36 KB, 1800x68)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>384934
I can handle the game perfectly since I'm not the one crying about having my time wasted or getting PvP'd constantly
>>
>>385309
But you're instead crying about others just explaining the game, interpreting the most innocuous comment to a hyperbolic extent as part of you being defensive. This isn't even the other side of PvP that you can't handle, it's the matter of merely discussing the other side of PvP and you're already getting deep into your coping
>>
>>384921
Only shows your location on the map if it's a reaper emissary or any emissary shows up to a level 5 reaper. Just avoid being on servers with a reaper.
>>
>>385060
for salt
>>
who here likes to bully the weak?
https://streamable.com/1cpfp5
>>
File: 2d0.png (99 KB, 600x800)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>362094
>akshually this is sea of thieves not sea of friendship
>>
>warsmith cuckstume isn't a crew set
fuck u rare
>>
>>385426
You'll pay $10 for a single cosmetic effect people have been asking for since Day -1 and you'll like it
>>
>>385457
but I want to be a lowly skele not some flame fart rip-off
>>
>>385347
Do you play Sea of Thieves where you gang up on newer players because you aren't good enough at any other video game to get people salty?
Because if salt is all you want it's not hard to get good enough at any FPS or fighting game to reliably produce it. But you can't gang up on people who are chilling there.
>>
>>385459
Too bad. Santa or Flameheart, those are the only options. At most--and if you're lucky--maybe next month you'll get a pumpkin-themed set that you can also then buy for $10
>>
>>385462
free salt and I didn't even have to sink you
>>
File: 1609933473814.jpg (57 KB, 659x823)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>can't actually beat a solo sloop so we'll keep trying to board in hopes that the game's hitreg finally breaks in their favor
>>
>>385492
>1v2 reaper sloop
>shitting on them in naval
>they keep running to repair and staying far from me
>i get krakened
>they both launch over and talk shit while i sink
>>
File: Spoiler Image (20 KB, 300x435)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
its almost over bros
almost...
>>
>>385665
>9/28 commedations
You still have a long way to go.
>>
>>385673
It's all shit that will come with getting up to 50 anyways. I'm already halfway to LSD
>>
>>385463
>pumpkin-themed set
I fucking hope so
>>
>>363313
/pol/ poisoned this site
>>
>>385468
Thanks for your honesty glad you agree.
>>
File: 1285557077626.gif (604 KB, 328x272)
604 KB
604 KB GIF
>>385492
>>385627
>Go to grab a reaper chest
>2 man sloop barrels towards me
>Blast them when they show up
>They peel off, circle around
>This happens 3 more times
>On the fourth time they go the wrong way and end up right in the Skeleton Fleet event
>They get blown to shit by Skelly Galleons, almost immediately sink

>On my way back to Reaper's I go through the skeleton fleet event and accidentally get sunk and have to swim the chest back
>>
>>362094
>Do people not understand?
Yeah, they don't.
Faggots think they are playing "My Little Kindergarden Big Island Treasure Adventure" where they collect treasure and shake hands with other children.
Faggots think they are in One Piece anime where they are the protagonists.
So, no, they don't get it.
>>
>>385968
>NOOOOOOO THIS CARTOONY PIRATE GAME IS SUPER SERIOUS!!!!
>>
>>386109
What does that have to do with anything, you schizoid.
Read the OP next time before you out yourself as a newfag redditor.
>>
File: 20210817070609_1.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
Thriving Wild Rose came out looking really nice. Sure am glad I did the tall tale 5 times over already.
>>
File: 20210818030502_1.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
wish they didn't have the seaweed
would actually be kind of tempted to splurge my ancient coin on them if they were so repetitive
>>
File: unknown (3).png (2.45 MB, 1575x1115)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB PNG
I finally have them
>>
>>385833
Why are people so afraid of fleets these days? They even made them easier to sink. Just park your boat by a rock and make sure you have a crewman ready with the poongun to get your treasure. Rowboat helps for any that sink away from the ship.
>>
>>386882
Fleets just have the most annoying mechanics out of all the fights. Nobody likes getting hit repeatedly by an anchorball
>>
>>386333
>NOOOOO DONT MAKE FUN OF ME FOR TAKING A CHILDRENS GAME SUPER SERIOUSLY!
>>
>>386882
Because fighting a skeleton galleon in any way that isn't cheesing the AI is a surefire way to get hit by 2 cannonballs and a cursed cannonball every five seconds. Fighting two of them is even worse.
>>
>>386948
>rated teen
>childrens game
>>
>>386891
>>386951
>getting into the broadside of a gally
>>>getting into the broadside of a gally controlled by a computer
haah
>>
So how do I play with you guys here, I'm apprehensive to join the "official" SoT discord because of all the kids and trannies that thrive in big servers.
>>
>>386782
Which sails?
>>
>>385060
Actual Anon you are replying to. Mainly because we have no interest in the cosmetics. Literally all of my friends have restarted their characters at least one time except for me because the prominent cosmetics come from the ship stuff, and for that you only need one dude, and because I have almost every single one in the game it doesn't make sense to accrue gold. Further, most of the cosmetics look like shit so they just tend to buy the same half a dozen or so outfits and then never see a reason to buy anything else. The only reason we do take the loot is for my benefit whenever a new item is added to the ledgers, or because I need a bit of money to buy something stupid. And finally, after sailing around for four-five hours killing the shit out of people turning in loot is excruciatingly boring and we're all burnt out by then.
>>
>>386948
Meds, schizo
Also, go back to school, you fat nigger, maybe learn how to read lmao
>>
>>387006
its almost like the computer can make turns that the player mechanically cannot
>>
>>386891
>>386951
Okay if you're caught by surprise I can see that being bad but if you have your crates on deck and blunderbombs you won't need to worry about them firing back at you especialy so if you have pvp balls too
>>
>>387064
Why would you waste 5 hours to get your fix when you could just do a couple fleets or Flameheart event?

I get it that some players are really good and would be a challenge for you to sink them more than the AI ships but if you're just looking to get a sea battle out of your system sailing in full force to FH and sinking his fleet in record time is one of the most satisfying things I have ever done.

Also, if you cover your deck with loot it glows at a distance and will attract people who actually want to fight you and will for certain give you the challenge you are looking for, in fact, we'd wreck your shit and make you and your pansy-pirate crew rage quit.
>>
>>387061
Sails of the Ashen Winds
>>
>>387148
also skelly ships speed boost like a motherfucker
>>
>>386882
This wasn't a fleet but I've been hit by sleep balls 6 times in a row by skelly ships before. They are just annoying as shit.
>>
>>387064
Why don't you just play some other game then?
There are millions of four player games that are almost certainly more satisfying.
>>
>wild rose
>triumphant sea dog
what other compasses are relatively clean for the art style and easy to read?
>>
>>387678
sailor
>>
File: 308.jpg (40 KB, 500x426)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>362094
>game about piracy
>gets mad when players pirate the game
How retarded do you have to be to not realize that I'm going to go out of my way to get into the role of being the greatest pirate in pirate history for a pirate game?
>teammates get good treasure
>steal treasure and escape
>they get mad
Why do they do this? I'm literally playing as intended.
>>
>>362094
>literal nautical definition of piracy? It's a pirate game, I'm going to kill you.
>17th-18th century
no loot distribution between the crew
no defined captain or quartermaster
no parley because there's no actual fear of death

combat in the game is shit and rare needs more incentive for stealing vs sinking
>>
>>388319
>expecting rare to put effort into games
Uh anon, that's never going to happen.
>>
>>388319
>no parley because there's no actual fear of death
I've seen parley happen before for shit like preserving emissary flags or vault keys. Beyond the fear of death, I've seen divvying up of loot and agreements being made while heading into a world event. Hell, some people will just give up loot just to get them off their backs and not have to sail back around again, especially when carrying stuff like the trade commodities.

But yeah Rare needs to put a lot more work into this shit in general. Like I think a lot more people wouldn't be bothered by getting attacked while doing voyages if there was any actual incentive for the player that's busy and has been engaged. That's always been the one thing I hear while trying to get people into Sea of Thieves: they don't want to spend 30 minutes doing PvE to get all their shit stolen by some guy who's risking nothing, especially if sinking him in return bears no intrinsic reward.

Addressing this would take something really creative, as it's a real delicate solution and can lead to shit that doesn't actually fix the problem in the long run or leads to something players exploit to get mad XP n' shit, and there's no way you can expect this from the team that was like
>oh, people aren't playing Arena because it's full of these numerous problems
>fuck it, no more Arena updates ever again, we're abandoning it
>>
>>388251
Sneaking everything into the rowboat and dropping it off the back when we have full billow or when no one will notice or taking it and just rowing off only to log out and leave the game or worse yet just dumping it off the ship only prevents your team from getting their hard earned loot because you want to be an asshole and exploit a game mulpyplayer flaws. If we could kill crewmen and knock them off the server for trying to steal the treasure then sure, every man for himself. Until then, when you're in a team, play along for the benefit of your team or fuck off.
>>
>>389013
It's piracy you moron. I can still from anyone I want. And besides you can throw people in the brig, so it's not like you don't have a counter.
>>
It's double gold and xp for the weekend, shitters
>>
>>388319
>no defined captain or quartermaster
how I can tell you've never paid attention to the lore
>>
>>389125
Just put in 5 hours, lots of reapers out there, stick to the devils roar anonpirates
>>
>>389581
Galleon lvl 5 reaper teams just prowling the waters, time to sit this weekend out as a solo sloop, impossible to find a server without them.
>>
>>387421
I literally solo'd Flameheart on a Sloop in under an hour of it being added. I'm in the PTU and told Rare it was boring and shit back then and it still is now. Either way, there's no fun killing retarded skeletons or just avoiding the broadside of the dumbass ghost ships because Rare put them on fucking rails.

None of the PvE content in this game is fun or hard. None of it is good either. Only fighting people who know what they are doing and have something to really lose make this game enjoyable. Slugging it out with another ship for over two hours is the best thing in the world, and nothing in the Arena nor PvE can match it.

>>387569
Because none of them are pirate games. This isn't hard to grasp. The closest things to Sea of Thieves are somehow worse than Sea of Thieves, so why would I go play them?
>>
Anyone want to do some? Got 2 slots open on a gally stocked up.
>>
>>390261
Haha yeah bro hmu my gt is DeepFriedBabyDix
>>
>>389853
>Only fighting people who know what they are doing and have something to really lose make this game enjoyable.

And yet you don't have any loot to lose when you attack them? Seriously, grind a few world events for loot and put it all up on your top deck and sail nice and close to other ships, especially reaper sloops or galleons. You'll get your pvp challenge fix and having all that loot to lose gets your adrenaline up, I mean as long as you care about losing it.

There was this one time I had the sea best crew ever and we just slaughtered everything that came at us, pvp and pve. Never turned in our loot for any of it. Did a couple FotD too and fought off everyone who came to it. Probably had a million or more in booty just covering the top deck. Played about 16 hours with them and I don't know how many server merges. We would sail up close to ships so they could see all our loot and even let some board and see it then we killed them. Had the best time with those guys and probably sunk 100 ships at least. Still haven't had as much of a thrill since then, always chasing it though, but people who play these days are pussies who always want to turn in the loot and not sail around with it. We had to hightail it to an OP when we got a server shutdown message andf only got 1/8th of it sold before the game closed. Was great fun.

Moral of the story: It's so much more fun to bait and fight pvpers with lots of loot on your ship, the more the better.
>>
Swag swag
>>
>>389853
>None of the PvE content in this game is fun
I'm assuming you mean in regards to combat, because the treasure hunting in this game is both fun and is important as the impetus of those two hour ship battles.
>>
Why did they fix the fast swap?
I cant be digging so slow now
also dont forget to grab twitch drops and mayhem event
>>
>>393139
Fast bucket needed fixing
>>
File: NAP.jpg (27 KB, 461x461)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>mfw sunk two galleons solo today
I am feeling too powerful. Now if only harpooning wasn't gay as hell for me exclusively
>>
>domin8 server as solo sloot raper
>about to turn in for the night with a flameheart and a gold + ashen vault worth of gold whore shit
>here comes that chad trying to jack my raper haul
>trick them into chasing my empty ship through the stationaries
>their sails down
>hit their wheel at the very least twice
>anchor balled
>wraith balled
>peace balled
>in a perfect spin around their ship
>only one of them alive turtling
>jump on over to take them out
>apply 50 damage to them
>whip out the blundy
>meat shot them
>????
>I'm dead they're alive
>black screen
ha ha
>>
>>393914
Did they have full crews? Lately I been having trouble filling out a galleon crew. Usually just me by myself for at least a half hour then maybe 1 other will join and quit then another etc. After around an hour or so I have a full crew but 1 or 2 will end up quitting within 20 mins.
>>
how do i get good at killing other people?
>>
>>394717
learn to sword + flintlock
you can double flintlock someone before they can shoot two shots of any other gun

and rushing 90% of players with sword puts them into panic mode.

just jumping around and lunging at people really fucks them up

Also, if you give them a bunch of stuff to think about (dropped anchor, broken mast, fires, holes in their ship) then they're even more distracted.
>>
Is there proper progression yet?
>>
>>395171
yes but its player progression
the more someone plays the better they are, there are no levels that will suddenly get you an advantage over newer players you have to actually know about the game to win
>>
>>395171
dark adventurer sails
>>
File: 1567830611858.jpg (64 KB, 557x372)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>sailan and dickin around
>inadvertently stumble upon 4/5 of the other ships on the server
>3 of them are actually down to parley
>we alliance up over time and start rolling in cash from world events n' our voyages
>4th crew decides they're not having that
>offer alliance and to take a bit of the skele fort loot for themselves
>immediately tries to distract us and blow up the two ships that are there
>thus immediately gets their shit kicked in and loses all the loot they had
Simple story, but god do I love it. Really highlights that some players are so retarded that they're all about murder and betrayal to a fault, even when they've no sensible options other than join up or just walk away. Some people genuinely do play the game like it's Blackwake instead of Sea of Thieves, not understanding that it's a sandbox that hinges on player interaction instead of just mindless fighting
>>
>>395297
PvP is what's fun about the game, not teaming up to take on the easiest world event in the game.
>>
>>395376
This, its murder on site. People don't even talk in-game anymore
>>
On the fence.

>Not super into PVP but willing to give it a go.
>voice chat doesn't work on steam, hate discord
>no steady group who plays
>enjoy pirate shit and co-op
>Been playing barotrauma a bit, don't really enjoy the traitor thing but sailing in a team is fun

Is this the game for me? Does it go on sale often?
>>
File: yesbutno.jpg (293 KB, 960x540)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>395473
I blame the Steam release. As someone who played on PC while it was only on Game Pass or Xbox, it was a lot friendlier overall and people would speak more often - now everyone kills on sight and only Xbox players use the in-game voice at all, so there's even less player interaction because Steam players are in a private Discord call or something

However I still love my fishing simulator game
>>
>>395642
if you won't get discord and don't have a regular group, it's better if you can get into soloing, public groups are aids incarnate
>>
>>395376
>not teaming up to take on the easiest world event in the game
The alliance started to form gradually as we all crossed paths naturally and worked together on skeleton fleets or met while in the middle of voyages. We were merely at the skeleton fort because a couple of us were in the area, saw each other on the map, and thought the same thing (cut down on the tedium of the fort and get easy loot).
>PvP is what's fun about the game
What's about fun about the game is the threat of PvP and how that intersects with the rest of the game. Self-preservation and cashing in the max amount of loot possible is the other end of things, and if you're trying to kill two teamed-up crews while your own sloop is carrying loot, then you're just suicidal or an idiot to not just sail away or wait to try to pick off one ship once they get separated. It speaks a lot that people who are braindead about PvP have absolutely no idea how to deal with alliances because it runs counter to the only thing they know; it's the other end of the horseshoe and should be mocked as much as PvE-only fags
>>395651
I have doubts about that, given my own history with playing on Xbox Live for other games and being a Steam player: I do use Discord for the sake of convenience when just chatting most of the voyage, but it's just one button and I immediately switch back over to in-game voice chat. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to be the first one to call out to those ships and crews when we first met each other. Meanwhile, I know that after 2010, Xbox Live was quickly starting to have people only talk in Party Chat instead of in-game chat, which--unless they changed or added a hotkey combo as time went on--isn't as easy to flip between in-game and Party as it is for PC. Not to mention PC players can just fukken type messages easily.

Kinda saw that in action when MCC got crossplay: the Xbox players were all in party chat, didn't talk, and you had less PCfags to text chat due to 90% Xbox lobbies
>>
>>395376
>PvP is what's fun about the game
If you're 12 maybe.
Go play Arena.
>>
They added Cannon Rowboats. They're in the Insider Program. I fucked around with them. They have some extreme recoil and the waves do them absolutely no favors. I don't see any actual use for them by themselves, but on the side of a sloop or a brig when you need an extra cannon? Sure, there might be some play there.
>>
>>362094
>complains about pvp
https://youtu.be/LLUMPAhpROQ
>>
>>396128
Based, bet that kid ended up smashing mom dukes
>>
>event done in one tall tail
bruh
>>
>>362094
51 days old, holy shit.
>>
>>387678
I use the admiral compass 100% of the time, best compass.
>>
File: Admiral_Compass.png (462 KB, 573x693)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
>>398162
Perfection
>>
File: AS_Still_CardScene08.jpg (214 KB, 1080x459)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>398163
>>398163
Look at that punchy red white and blue contrast, the tasteful thickness of it, my god it even has a clip.
>>
I think the main divide between liking PvP or not while in Adventure comes down to how you're viewing progress. The realization came to me when I first started playing with open crews, because of two things:
1) I could no longer pick to only work towards certain commendations, ranks, ledger rewards, Tall Tales, etc. etc.
2) I wasn't bound by trying to make the most progress within a certain timeframe (compared to closed crewmates having their own schedules) while also being entirely capable of doing anything we wanted (compared to solo sloop limitation)
So once you're already in the "do anything" mindset, then you're much more willing to accept PvP as an interruption because it's not really an interruption anymore (that's not to say Open Crew guarantees that, just that that's how it worked in my situation)

But with that said, I don't think there's any problem with such a mindset. The game has shit you can work towards, especially with Tall Tales, to warrant people getting frustrated with getting interrupted when they are doing progress, but the only real option is for them to stay mad and for ship hunters to not get their knickers in a twist when the frustration starts. If anything, it's a good "it's supposed to be X" moment, since players mellowing out once they feel free to do whatever or have become a Pirate Legend marries the player mindset with what their pirate's mindset would be like.
>>
>>398779
I don't mind PvP, the main issue is with aggro niggers who want to drop everything at any given time and start hunting ships the second they pop on the horizon. I can't even begin to count the amount of times i've been working to set up an alliance and then someone chimps out and just gets on the cannon mid-conversation
>>
>>398819
it's a pirate game though
>>
>>398819
I can understand getting frustrated, but at the same time >>398832 this is true. Like if you try to parley and they just shoot you regardless, that's fair. If they backstab you while your guard is down, that's fair. It gets annoying after a while and depending on the circumstances, especially when there's greater loot to be had working together instead of just turning into a Skeleton Ship proxy, but it's still fair to do

But it's also fair to get frustrated at that regardless of whether it's fair, which I think gets lost in the conversation a lot.
>>
Haven't played since the pirates life update dropped, what did I miss?
>>
>>398842
>>398832
I'm talking about people on my own team doing it, I don't much care what other ships are doing
>>
>>398900
New Tall Tales came out. They were ok, but mostly walking sims if it weren't for a few lame combat sequences and an ok finale ship battle. New enemies came out. They were annoying as shit and spawned everywhere. Now they're just annoying as shit now that they fixed the spawnrates. That's mostly it.

Also they're gonna be adding underwater areas and cannonball rowbots, according to Insider posters
>>
>>398832
Pirates usually worked together IRL.
>>
File: 1261891135930.jpg (12 KB, 200x210)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>398946
Reminds me of the time I was on a galleon open crew and we kept getting attacked and chased by a brigand and they finally stopped I guess to get supplies, anyway my crew kept getting tired of not doing our voyage cause of these cunts and quit on me, new crew comes in, sails us over to the brigand with me trying to tell them not to over and over the whole way, my crew trys to make an alliance. Brig crew board us, drop our anchor, kill us all, sink us and I lose my emissary and loot and then my crew quits. mfw.
>>
>>398957
id rather solo sloop than open crew
probably have more combat power too since open crews are absolutely beyond retarded
>>
>>363137
Reddit tier cocksucker post kek

I might buy this game
>>
>>398948
Underwater areas sounds hype. I didn't have too much interest in the pirates crossover, but the new enemy types and the giant mermaid statue in the trailer looked cool.
>>
>>398963
Sometimes you get awesome crews though, most of the time it's just meh but it's better than doing all the work yourself solo. I don't know how people deal with that, takes like 3-4 times longer to do a voyage.
>>
>>399080
i've had one or two ok ones, but even those only last as long as it takes one to disconnect as get replaced by one of the 90% of people hopping crew to crew looking to afk leech or just sabotage
>>
>>399061
The new enemy types mostly turned out to be annoying. The Ocean Dwellers actually change the combat up a little bit, but Phantoms are just Skeletons that can dissipate and rush around and Sirens just turned going into the water at all an immense chore.
>giant mermaid statue
Only appears in the finale of the new Tall Tales. They didn't add Davy Jones and the Siren Statues as a world event, unless some Insider anons want to say otherwise
>>
>>398963
The rule of thumb I have with open crews is to have at least one guy talking, have it not be a squeaker, and for them to sound really tired. There's a lot of tired guys playing this game, and they're all generally really good or willing to get balls deep into the game while simultaneously not giving too much of a shit, so they're often part of the best crews. If it's all typers, then it's usually a bust because then people usually don't care enough and it depends way too much on knowing what you're supposed to do without being told, which not everyone does.
>>
What is the fastest way to get mermaid gems?
>>
>>399480
skeleton ships if you really need them, forts can be faster but there's a way higher chance of having to pvp
>>
>>399480
Athena's Fortune missions
Just do the maps
>>
I swear, the other hard part of making alliances n' shit is that people are straight fucking mongoloids that can't think straight or be the bigger man. Like of course when you're first interacting, it's likely that someone will shoot the other first, and if one person is still firing upon each other, that says nothing for the full crew. I swear, the number of times I've had an alliance fall through because one side had an aggressive nonce and my side has some idiot going "WELL THEY KEEP SHOOTING US" when it's just the singular nonce is way too many. Like we're busy trying to figure out the details and who to brig, if need be, but then those two sink each of our ships in the meantime despite big phat loot being on the line.
>>
File: artflow-koolaid.jpg (16 KB, 324x366)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>398963
i'm mostly a solo slooper too though I will open the crew sometimes to allow for a first mate. only when i already have my voyage down and en route to the action. it usually works out much better than it would have if i remained solo and sometimes it's really cool too, try it
>>
what are you supposed to do as a solo player if a ship doesn't stop chasing you for minutes and you have a bunch of stuff? am i missing something or is it just a battle of wasting each other's time going in a straight line?
>>
>>400298
Your main choice is to sail directly into the wind, as the Sloop is the fastest when going straight into the headwind. After building enough distance, you can start making some plays, like navigating between rocks to hide your next direction before harpoon-turning back around the other way. If you're a god with the cannon, you can also try to take out their mast and then try to run away before they can pull it back up again, but that only really buys you a few seconds.

Otherwise yeah, you're kinda screwed as a solo slooper. Your only real way to make them disengage is to sink their ship, but that's not possible without boarding unless you've got plenty of the right cursed cannonballs.
>>
>>400298
yeah, as soon as you run and the retards decide to chase instead of going off to get the drop on someone else it's your mission to make them waste as much time as possible. Point your ship to the closest out of bounds where you have the speed advantage and start jumping off to annoy the shit out of them and try to drop anchor.
>>
>>399480
This: >>399681
or just go island to island, find tridents for the red merm statues or bring an ammo crate with you, kill the skeleton captains their chests usually have a gem, you'll find gems just lying on beaches on bigger islands. Rarely ocean crawlers drop a decent gem. Fort of Fortune has about up to 10 gems, still will take you a while to get that eyepatch.
>>
>>400190
Just don't do that with tall tales where you need to return items to the quest giver, or vaults or merchant voyage where you need the key for the good stuff, you'll be very likely to get a dipshit that tosses it overboard when you're not looking then quits.
>>
>>400662
But I have and I will and I do with success
>>
Any of you /fa/gs know of a good hull to go with these sails? I only recently got into the game but I enjoy how these ones look (at least until I get something more prestigious).
>>
File: 1516485553630.png (438 KB, 1236x778)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
Players are way too retarded when it comes to being aggressive in this game. I've been playing Open Crew on Brigs and Galleons for a while now, and goddamn, they're absolutely fukken laser focused on killing other players to the point of retardation. I can't tell you how many times I've seen crews actively choose to abstain from their current voyage, a meg encounter, or even a friggin skeleton sloop in favor of hunting down a Grade 1 Sloop that's running away
A GRADE ONE SLOOP
There's NOTHING that indicates they have loot, and we're not running Reapers, but oh it's a pirate game we have to just slaughter everyone because pirates historically never cared about treasure just bloodshed. That's also why we picked ADVENTURE instead of ARENA.

Seriously, the more I play, the more I sympathize with PvP-haters. Not that PvP is bad, but because 90% of the people that engage in it are fucking mongoloids
>>
>>400982
Maybe a sloop hurt them in the past...

I alway facepalm when my crew alters course for a ship parked at an outpost. It's pointless to go after then unless you saw them sailing to it and you're close by. Any other time it's probably a new spawn or they are selling but by the time you get there theres only going to be junk left.
>>
>>377714
Not always the case
>>
>>400982
I figure it comes and goes in waves. New seasons have people wanting to do more PvE stuff but near the end everyone is back to PvP
>>
File: sneed of thieves.png (1.09 MB, 1204x672)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>400982
Ultimately, it's still the mongoloids' right to chase and kill whoever they want to. Is it smart, or a good use of their time? Absolutely not. You also have every right to hate those retards for making poor decisions, but that's just how it is.

Now, the people who hate PvP because "waaah I got sunk and people stole the loot I spent two hours collecting :(" can go fuck themselves, as this image adequately demonstrates.
>>
>>400982
I always chase if I know I can catch. If they know what they are doing when it comes to staying away I'll give up after 5-10mins unless they are juicy like a level 5 athena. I'll chase that shit all day.
>>
>>400882
Then keep doing it, it'll happen eventually.
>>
>>362094
People that play this game are pathetic. I've had so many people bitch at me for ganking them or they're these losers on sloops that run for an hour against the wind and you realize they had literally nothing to even lose and they just spawned. I don't even know.
>>
>>363137
You have to go back.
>>
>>405058
>Spending an hour of your time chasing someone
>They're the pathetic one
Lmao okay bud
>>
>>367028
unironically this. a crew practicing solid risk assessment will very rarely actually lose anything to PVP. and the small percent of the time that things still fuck you over is what adds flavor to the game, breaks up the monotony, and encourages you to git gud. I say this as someone who almost exclusively plays PVE content
>>
>>405058
>they're these losers on sloops that run for an hour against the wind and you realize they had literally nothing to even lose and they just spawned.
I can smell your anger from here
>>
>>405058
>>405519
Plus it's just outting himself as a loser on a couple of levels.. First off, he's chasing Sloops in a larger class ship (since they're using the headwind escape method) and is surprised that they don't want to contend with fighting someone they both have a low chance of beating and will take an hour to fight anyways, both by merit of being outmanned and outgunned (especially when freshly spawned and without cursed balls). Not to mention most attacking ships have nothing as well, so it's no question why running is the smartest option at hand. Second, if they're freshly spawned, then he's admitting to be the kind of retard that blindly chases a sloop with no Emissary Flag or a mere Grade 1 for an entire hour.

It's completely laughable when you see the other end of the horseshoe: blindly obsessed PVP niggas that demand to always get a fight and get personally offended when faced with the fact that other players choose to not just quickly die in the fight or switch servers. It manages to be even more entitled than the people that want to only play PvE, since these fags are interrupting other people's shit and then going
>wahhhh, wahhh, just die already so YOU don't waste any of MY time
Those bitch tears are a treasure worth more than any virtual gold, and I'd honestly gladly waste their time myself while watching TV on a second monitor or some shit
>>
>>405538
Pretty much. It's one thing to be bloodthirsty and want to blast every ship you see into a watery grave (and I'll admit my friends and I are guilty of doing so), but to feel like you're entitled to a fight is stupid and arrogant.

If you want a real fight, go play Arena. If you're playing adventure and want to PvP, you have to accept that not everybody is going to play by your rules.
>>
>>405541
>If you want a real fight, go play Arena
I wish they'd fix that so we could just jump into a fight. Fuck I'd even settle for filling out your crew with skeletons that attack any boarders and just repair and bail otherwise. Last time I tried to get into the Areana it took 30 mins for the whats-his-face-beard server connection error, had to reboot my xbox then try again, got in the 3rd time but had to wait an hour before I just decided to leave and go back to adventure mode because a match seemed like it would never start.
>>
>>405562
I'm not sure if there's separate servers, but I recall hearing that Arena is a pretty dead mode on the Xbox version. I think it's still fairly active on PC.
>>
>>405566
That makes sense I guess, I have it set to play on xbox with controllers only option. I hate playing against PC players they too much advantage and actually brag about killing you like they had more skill than you and their gear had nothing to do with it. Plus they can do things with a keyboard and mouse that a person with a controller could only dream of.
>>
>>405566
There aren't separate servers, or at least there shouldn't be, since they advertised this with crossplay and was part of Microsoft's big push to make Windows and Xbox a unified ecosystem
>>
>>405611
Might be that Adventure has shared servers, and Arena has separate servers for Xbox and PC. I could see them doing that, at least, since PC players would have an unfair advantage in their strictly PvP game mode.
>>
>>405644
No, you're wrong
>>
>>405874
no u
>>
speaking of limited shit
I remember s4 r99 and flatline being hard pay2win iron sight skins
any others?
>>
>>406522
Fuck off, fag!
>>
>>406709
Weird way to bump a thread
>>
File: 1159 - 1dIzo6H.jpg (55 KB, 416x416)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>unironically one of the best sot players
>our crews ran flawlessly
>have intrinsic knowledge of game and the playerbase
>able to tell if a ship is gonna fuck with us or not by just a glance in the distance
those were cozy times. i remember doing some arena with my friend when it first came out and the sheer amount of bad players in that too was staggering.
truly i was a god at that game and all of those players getting upset were my playthings
>>
>>363140
>What is Pirate Legend
>What are Tall Tales?
>>
>>367028
Yeah, I generally run PVE content and I think I've actually been sunk by other players like twice in two hundred hours of playtime.

Keep your eyes open, and be prepared to run away if a bigger ship or crew starts chasing you.
>>
>>371493
Coordinating Sails and Heading is hard.

Be patient with each other and it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>382296
I did a Sunken Ship voyage one time and fought no less than 23 waves of Sirens. We were literally wiping out a squad of them for every single crate we were taking up.

They aren't a problem since their spawn rate was reduced though.
>>
>>407566
It's nice, because Ocean Crawlers also spawned in endless hordes whenever you bothered to step foot on an island. Skeletons suck (especially the variants like gold/shadow) but at least they have the good graces to die rather quickly.
>>
https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1438457757141721092?s=19
>>
File: 1503011687190.jpg (11 KB, 250x250)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>have to do Lords of the Sea all over again because the Spire journals didn't count
>>
File: Screenshot (9).png (268 KB, 1709x773)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
Bout to Grind out that Order of Souls and Finally hit Pirate Legend this weekend lads.
>>
The spawn camp meta in arena is so so so so so so gay
>>
>>411386
there is no spawn camp meta in arena, you dont get any fucking silver for kills
the way to win arena games is to hit cannon shots
the reason you get spawncamped is because people want their sea dog weapon upgrades
>>
>>408794
You need to do it twice anyway to kill enough of the mermaid statues and ghost ships to get all the commendations.

Pirates Life for me is pretty based though.
>>
>>405058
>Be galleon with 4 players
>Be surprised when a team of 2 decides they can't win against you and runs
Your own fault for having the wrong expectations mate.
>>
>>405538
Running is pretty much always the only option when faced with bigger ships of actually good players because you just know that even if you spend the hour to sink those niggers they are just going to respawn and be right back on you in 5-10 mins anyway.
>>
>>411548
>there is no spawn camp meta in arena
>the reason you get spawncamped is
So your saying there is a spawn camp meta?
>>
>>411614
Yeah, I get that it's a great feeling if you actually do manage to pull revenge off that way, but the hassle of it all is insane.

Best thing to do if you've just sank anything above a sloop is to go sell the loot and duck into Sea of the Damned.
>>
>>411614
Yeah, realistically it's incredibly difficult for most Sloops to take out any Galleon that's even remotely competent. Boarding isn't a good option solely out of numbers, so you're depending heavily on naval to actually sink them. Unless you just happen to have cursed cannonballs on you, it's gonna be an immense feat of luck, positioning, and aim to take down all their sails and overload their hull without putting yourself at risk of their broadsides and boarders. Then chances are the fight isn't even over, as they'll spawn in with supplies and make a beeline to where they were, so you gotta roll the dice on picking an outpost to run to for depositing or sailing into the Damned.

There's just way too much in favor of running for any Sloop player, and this is on top of the fact that the Sloop is actually fukken designed to run away with its maneuverability and headwind speed. It just goes back to that thing of there being PvP fags on the other end of the horseshoe, feeling entitled enough to demand other players play a certain way. It's just that in my book, it's even worse than the PvEfags who endlessly moan about wanting to be left alone, since this is walking up to other players in the middle of their shit and demanding that they just quickly die if they're not gonna want to fight or don't have enough loot to make it worth THEIR time to chase.
>>
>>411619
No, he's not you fukken dingus. People spawncamp in Arena for cosmetics, not for wins. It takes 8 kills to equal a single cannonball and 200 kills to equal a single chest, so while they're working on unlocking the Glorious and Triumphant Sea Dog weapons, they're losing the match. Doing something that's guaranteed to lose you the match is the exact opposite of a meta.
>>
File: 569685966590.jpg (132 KB, 1200x630)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>362094
>thought this update would make hunters call less of a gem dispensary and more of a actual faction
>it's just another excuse to stuff more crap into the factions that have countless ways to make money
the audacity of these bong developers
>>
>>412010
>>411619
unironically though spawn camping is the meta, along with fixing up your enemies ship so that you can get more shots on it
>>
>>412163
>less of a gem dispensary
Well now you can also give them a special boottle too, so there
>>
>>412005
Galleons are easy to sink. One keg and they go down fast if you stick around to kill anyone trying to repair. It's the fastest sinking ship for some reason especially if it has a few holes in the upper deck. If you can board them and keep them from repairing while your sloop partner circles them and stops behind or in front, they'll be below the waves before they even respawn.
>>
>>412225
>One keg and they go down fast if you stick around to kill anyone trying to repair. It's the fastest sinking ship for some reason especially if it has a few holes in the upper deck.
Are you intentionally giving incorrect information, or are you just stupid?
>>
>>412225
And what you're trying to describe still depends on luck, prep, and some oft-difficult shit to work, and even then it wouldn't fall under the scope of talking about "remotely competent" Galleon crews. Boarding is almost exclusively a numbers game, and the exceptions mostly fall under luck, circumstance, or most commonly: the defending crew just being retarded.
>>
>>412225
This applies to literally every ship. "If you just kill them all and blow them up, you win"

The "Remotely Competent" part is about how fucking hard it is to kill and then blow up a remotely competent crew.
>>
Give me the rundown on the permanent storm at the coral fortress. Does it actually count as a storm for getting stormfishes?
>>
>>412468
I know it doesn't fill your boat with water, so I imagine it doesn't?
It seems to be just Aesthetic in nature.
>>
>>412475
That's what I figured. There's no lightning, wheel-turning, or compass spinning.
>>
Is there a good way to track you loot down after your boat sank?
I just spent 3 hours doing a tall tales only for a storm to fuck me over
>>
File: Season 3 Tracker.png (223 KB, 1896x762)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
Alright you scurvy dogs, with Season 4 Starting tomorrow, which of you can prove you've actually hit 100 For this one?
>>
>>413405
Just reload from a checkpoint. Tall Tale loot is pretty much impossible to recover because it's tiny and hard to spot at a distance.

Also how the fuck did you die in a storm? Did you get hit by lightning during trapmaker or something? If so the bomb is gone.
>>
>>413407
a megalodon chewed on my boat and the storm kept pushing me off course
then I got killed by a lightning strike and when I came back my boat was too far gone because the wind pushed it into a cliffside
>>
>>413407
oh yeah also how do I reload
>>
>>413410
Go to your voyage desk and open up tall tales, you'll have a checkpoint where you left off.
>>413408
That's rough, the safest thing to do if you're fighting a Meg in a storm is either anchor (Which I'd recommend) and kill it before continuing, or alternatively go below deck. The Meg will leave if you're below deck for about 30-45 seconds, and then you'll just be able to sail through the storm as normal.

Still, unless you're pressed for IRL time, you should fight Megs when you get the chance.
>>
>>413406
It's not that hard is it? I bought the game on the 17th and I'm rank 74
>>
File: ERHVZasVAAANP4t.jpg (50 KB, 975x930)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
What can I do for fast and easy points for this pass?
>>
File: Ship Fort.png (11 KB, 559x591)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
I think small ship defense caves would be a pretty good addition to the game. The concept would be these big cave rocks peppered around the map that can fit two ships inside with inlets that let them pass through one at a time. Inside, there's wooden rigging and platforms they can climb up to reach cannons that peek out from the rock to attack those coming after them (likely more than pictured). The attackers have a few options: taking a rowboat in through the ship inlets or a tiny stream that cuts through the rocks to keg them, going onto the sands to swim in or climb ladders next to the cannon platforms (maybe also a few tiny tunnels in through the rock) for boarding, or just ramming inside and firing off on the ship (at the risk of the defender's own broadside and kegs).
>why add them at all
Players who run don't really have a place to run to, aside from spending 2 hours to create enough distance to cash in and server hop away with their flag, which is boring and frustrating for both players. This gives them something while also giving the chaser an actual fight (since a lot of them call runners cowards)
>why not just use existing forts and Thieves Haven/Crescent Isle
These locations aren't really built for mounting a defense, only allowing you to take advantage of them in small capacities. The latter islands don't really let you attack back, and the forts' cannons are only usable if you drop someone off there and then do a normal naval battle around the fort.

Plus, adding them in would be a precedent for adding more fortified player hideouts as part of the Captaincy update further down the line
>>
>>413637
As an experienced galleon player going pvp against sloops and brigands (and even other galleons) when they go into dagger/dragon teeth-like rocks it's tricky to keep up because changing dirctions is a huge pain in the ass, you have to trust that someone will get on the harpoon and use it correctly to help get through or around the rocks as you chase them AND have crew that will be right on with the sails to get the wind back. I'd say maybe 10% of people I've played with are capable of actually catching other ships and sinking them. You wanna get away from a galleon? Take your ship through those rock formations. Hell I have even escaped ships in a rowboat through those things after stealing chests right off their ship while they were engaged.
>>
>>413791
Well it's not like I'm saying there aren't techniques to help escape currently in the game. Speaking as someone who does primarily play on Sloops and Brigantines, we already do use those rocks and slipping around islands (or especially through ones like Thieves' Haven) to try to break line of sight and outmaneuver pursuers, especially when using an island to turn back around gets our sloop into the headwind.

Adding these things is more just about shoring up the number of options available for fighting/escaping and providing a structure to escapes; having them as several mapped locations means that players can actively form a plan around them, and most importantly, they'd be able to be a destination rather than just being another part of their plan to create distance. I think that's what a lot of people have frustration with in regards to chases: even with what you said about chasing being true (i.e. most people aren't able to catch up AND sink), that doesn't mean that the chase won't go on for longer than it should as a formless mess thanks to incompetent yet persistent players. As is, you can always plant your feet and fight if you're frustrated, but that's not always the best option depending on a wide variety of circumstances (issues with manpower, firepower, supplies, etc. etc.). These cove caves or whatever would help to add more structure and a possible end to dragging and formless chases, and their amenities would help address issues that cause normal fighting to not be seen as a favorable option.
>>
>>413791
I don't think there's any issue with being able to run away at the moment, between the shores of gold, server hopping, and using rocks like the ones near Ancient Spire, it's not at all hard to outmanuever larger and scarier ships.

I think what >>413637
>>413827
is talking about is making it so that you don't always need to outmanuever a scarier ship, and could instead used the fixed defenses to get an advantage over someone chasing you, the same way some people use Fort Towers now.

The one thing I would say though is that for this type of thing work you'd want to use big gates on either sides of the area your ship can sail into, which can only be raised/lowered by people inside the fort, that means that the galleon chasing you actually has to send people out to open the gates before they can sit on one of the open areas and blow your ship to shit while you're trying to man the defenses.
>>
What do I think about the update?
>>
>>414142
>you'd want to use big gates
That was one of the first things I considered when thinking about the idea, especially since they'd basically be able to work it in a way similar to the capstan: someone has to push to raise a counterweight to close the gate, and if someone hits the lever, it slams back open. The reason I didn't include it is that it feels like it could make usage of the cave forts awkward and sloggy, with players running into issues with the gate being closed when sailing there (with no one inside) or dragging out the encounter by managing to constantly close it again (it'd be valid if they manged, but eugh, too sloggy). I also wouldn't trust Rare to be able to program that collision properly, but maybe that issue can be addressed by having the gate be that green magical force, so that it instantly goes from closed to open.

The best solution felt to just not have the gate but to instead just design the inlets so it's hard to mount a full attack just by parking it sideways at the openings, along with having the recessed bit for your ship to park in and further hide. I feel like keeping movement through it free would be an important part of making them fun, as it allows further mindgames and strategy. Wily defenders can simply run through and out at any time (if they even stop inside to begin with) to have the cave fort act as a stronger version of those rocks, whereas the attacker always has to worry about easy boarders/kegs/broadside from the defender for when they consider rushing inside after them, but then always have the option of saying fuck it as a more brazen strategy so they can use those things against the defender. It'd also keep things from getting sloggy or too much in favor of the defender, as they're not totally sequestered and doesn't slow things down by allowing ships to just wait around.
>>
>another brigsby sword
>>413606
playing the game
you race through the passes
>>
>>411386
it's less of a meta and more you're just there for them to farm their weapon kills

>>411548
>you dont get any fucking silver for kills
yes you do?
>>
>>414397
It's alright, I'm not a fan of sirens or swimming though so the puzzle ones are more my speed but I think the one I went to was bugged or needed something from somewhere else cause I couldn't find the key I needed.
>>
>>413408
To beat megs, raise your sails and then circle with them either at the same rate they do or the opposite direction they are (if you're a good shot and lazy)
Or just sail near an island and it'll fuck off. Or sail away from it.

Megs should never be a problem unless you're in combat with someone else.
>>
>>412225
You have never actually played against a galleon crew that knows what they are doing.
A good team of four is extremely resilient to any kind of attack from anything that isn't another galleon.
>>
>>412005
Boarding isn't a good option period against good players because anyone who isn't a sub 50iq retard will have shotguns on the ladder the second you try to grab it.
This is why fights between two good teams always end in a fucking stalemate, you NEED to kill the whole crew to sink them but nobody can board eachother to do it because ladder guarding is too easy.
>>
>>400918
I match it with the rest of my Kraken Ink set or Royal Sovereign (whatever the generic dark brown one is).

>>413406
I completed it a week ago from just playing open galleon and brig. Not very impressed by all the daring deceiver cosmetics. Always happy for some more ancient coins. Don't know if it's worth grinding for Season 4 if I'm slowly not enjoying the game
>>
So the siren caves are pretty fun.

So far I've done 2 arenas, I open area full of loot, sirens and sharks, and one switch hunt I lost patience with. Jumping puzzles. Maybe I'll try again after lunch, but I dropped in on some Spanish kid and I don't remember which it was.

6000 for a breath of whatever you get from the coral bottles is pretty nice, 4k the second time I got one. The arena fights were fun, plenty of ammo, fruit and tridents.

There's fuckloads of treasure down there, but staying in one place away from your ship for so long makes me nervous.
>>
>>414142
Noob here, haven't finished shores yet, will it be apparent how to use them to escape once I finish that? And how does one server hop?
>>
>>414948
Most people can tell when you're making a beeline to the Shores of Gold. Keeping the checkpoint handy is something anyone going after ships actively will likely already have ready. As for server hopping, you just go into the Sea of the Damned and then cancel the Tall Tale so you pop back out. It's a grueling slog of a 10 minute wait, but people consider it worth it to protect emissary flags, particularly Grade V Reaper (which is incredibly fucking gay but so are most Grade V Reapers normally)
>>
>>414397
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Went and did a Siren run on Shrine of Tears last night w/ my dad, and puzzle solving is always a good time.

Think I'll have the curse in a week or two.
>>
>>414676
Or you have a stronghold Bomb in your Hold, and they're going to set it off.

If your crew is competent you can move it up to the crow's nest for the duration of the fight, but it's still pretty scary.
>>
>>414828
I actually really like the Daring Deciever Shirt. Most of the Open fronted Jackets like the Admiral cover up the patches, and as a result it's my new favorite fancy shirt, since it has a crevatte.

I pretty much universally roleplay as a British Fop though, so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>414947
It definitely is a bit spooky, particularly that flooded one in the middle of the map. I'm less scared doing the ones on the edges.

Lots of loot though, and you can keep it locked up so if someone sinks you you can come back and grab it.
>>414948
Once you get the active shroudbreaker you can duck into the shroud, and anyone who hasn't done all the tall tales won't be able to chase you to the shores of gold. Still like >>415000
said, the more veteran crews will likely have the checkpoint saved themselves, though given the rarity of those achievements I'm guessing that's maybe 1/20 player you meet on the seas, so it should still work reasonably often.

The Sea of the Damned Server hops you with an intact emissary no matter what, so if you've sold your loot it is perfect.
>>
>>414828
daring deceiver has some good outfit pieces

particularly the shirt, jacket, belt, and pants
although the pants use yo be way better then they changed em to look like they do in the preview image so they fit less outfits
I just like having lots of options to drip out
>>
>>414742
No they're not, anybody can be caught off guard especially when they are confused as to whats happening because no one uses mics. It's fucking easy to sink a galleon I've done it by myself many times, if you can't do it it's because you suck, go play fortnite kido.
>>
>>414744
>Doesn't know about the jump glitch
>Doesn't know about the blunderbomb trick
>Doesn't board with 2 people at once
yngtmi
>>
>>362384
This.
You've encountered what we call a 'normalfag'
>>
>>414742
>A good team of four is extremely resilient to any kind of attack from anything that isn't another galleon.
A good Brig crew sweeps an equally good Galleon crew, but both beat a good Sloop crew.
>>
>>415516
The sloop can now circle the galleon faster than the galleon can spin
>>
>>415516
Blunderbombs from cannons turn brigs and sloops into a fucking firework party, the defending crew literally cant do jack shit, why do you think you only spawn with two in arena?
>>415699
Factually wrong.
>>415369
Imagine actually being a bad enough team that double boarding gets you, you don't actually play with discord randoms do you?
>>
>>415368
Non-opencrew teams of four might be rare but they do exist, try playing during double gold hours in high value locations and see how fast you get your ass reamed as the people that actually know how to play this game run your sorry ass over.
>>
>>415799
Replying to my own post like a triple nigger but basically the point I'm trying to get to is when two good teams butt heads, it pretty much comes down to naval since boarding is tricky to attempt for the attacker and extremely easy to deny for the defender, the opportunity cost of losing a player on smaller ships is also way too much since any ladder grab will be instantly shut down.

Having a pure naval vs naval encounter would be totally fine if bailing water wasn't ridiculously overpowered, honestly they should make it so that bailing water is like 4x slower than it currently is on all ships and it would solve a lot of the combat bullshit in this game since overloading people with good naval would actually be viable play (right now it isn't since 50 good cannon shots are made irrelevant by 5 seconds with the bucket out on one player) or at the very least make it scale based on player count (bigger ships take WAY more buckets to bail out, right now they don't)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.