[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

PLAY ETERNAL RETURN: BLACK SURVIVAL

https://playeternalreturn.com/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049590/Eternal_Return_Black_Survival/
>>
cant you just buy an ad?
>>
Why can't you just let it die!? Goddamn.
>>
File: Devil_of_Flame_Adriana0.png (2.98 MB, 2225x3157)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
>Her best route is 7 zones
>It works anyway
What the fuck?
>>
File: 784.jpg (35 KB, 594x565)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>355933
Lemme get a good sniff sniff in there *SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFF*
>>
>>353939
Can't say arbiter would have been my first choice if they were converting a skin for Chiara but I guess it does give her a fully closed dress again
>>
>>355938
Are you retarded?
>>355948
Because we play this game?
>>
File: f5tm7leglk871.png (946 KB, 1920x1080)
946 KB
946 KB PNG
>pay money have Bernice's beard back!
kek
>>
>>355933
The crafting part is boring
>>
>>356581
>Liking Bernice in the first place.
>>
>>356834
>Not liking Bernice
>>
Haven't played in a while, is solo queue one of the slower playlists? Or does that mean I'm just hoping on during slower NA hours?
>>
Nicky Preview: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/2981928042019756195
I wonder which League of Legends character this is
>>
>>357273
Normals queues are fast
>>
File: 1600763168297.jpg (157 KB, 1440x1080)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
So the last thread made it sound like the game is bleeding players pretty badly, which is a shame because I really enjoyed it when I put some time into a few months ago. Is there anything they can really do to maintain the current numbers, or is the game just too niche from a foundational standpoint? I think I've heard people bitching about crafting but the loot progression is honestly one of my favorite parts of the game.
>>
File: 1618045467094.png (52 KB, 771x196)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>357478
I think the main thing that would need to be done is that the developers would need to properly balance the game, but that doesn't seem to be happening. It's what made me drop it a couple months ago.
>>
>>357478
The game is already far better than it was at the end of Season 1 when many players stopped playing. Pseudo-random loot distribution was a huge update, most players don't even realize how huge it was. In general looting became so much smoother and you're fucked by RNG so much rarely now than 2 months ago (there are still a lot of RNG of course). Starting next patch character/weapon/route selection is gonna be at the same screen, saving at least 30 seconds of waiting time every game and potentially even more, also 1 less opportunity to drop from the queue. That's another huge upgrade to the game. So what they need to do is to start a big marketing campaign.

Most of the players who stopped playing don't follow the state of the game. They left with mixed or dissatisfied feelings and they don't know how much better the game became. They won't return unless there is some kind of a big jump in game's visibility.
>>357486
Nah, it's useless. I know there a lot of folks like you who left because of precepted balance issues, but every one of you're saying different things, it's simply impossible to balance the game in such a way, that everyone is satisfied enough at least to continue playing. We'are missing you of course, but you're an unavoidable loss unfortunately.
>>
>>357509
No, I know what i'm talking about when I bring up my "percieved" balance issues. I'm not just blindly butthurt at the game because I was shit. I did pretty well, but based on my observations and experiences, the game was horribly balanced in multiple ways. From characters growth potential differences making certain characters completely useless to some weapon types never being used because they're terribly designed. The game was poorly balanced at its core in regards to gameplay, so I dropped it because I wasn't having fun anymore. I doubt i'll ever pick it up again.

>Pseudo-random loot distribution
Never had an issue with looting and routes to begin with so it's irrelevant for me.
>Starting next patch character/weapon/route selection is gonna be at the same screen
This seems more like a UI change than a balance fix.
>>
>>357535
>No, I know what i'm talking about when I bring up my "percieved" balance issues
Dude, everyone knows what he's talking about when he brings up his perceived balance issues. I personally know a guy who claims that Chiara was "destroyed" among other melee characters when they made is so that RNG loot no longer drops from level 3 wolves and level 5 bears. His in-game name was Uksaseen, he was #1 in EU at the end of Season 1. He "knows" what he's talking about. He played more and better than anyone in this thread. He left the game for good. Yet there are ton of other players, including those higher ranked than him at other servers, who've said they would have literally long since had left the game if devs didn't make that change, because RNG loot was broken as fuck. There aren't any lunatics except in the eye of the beholder. Everyone knows the exact reasons why the game is horribly balanced at its core. The simple truth is that there are several mutually exclusive groups of players, if the game is made in such a way that one group is satisfied, others would never play it. You are among those left behind, it's sad for us more than it's sad for you for sure (every single player counts for us), but nothing can be done, really.
>>
>>357540
You're retarded passive aggressiveness isn't really doing you any favors in your failure to read me and my grievances with the game. If you want one specific example of something that a large amount of the playerbase can acknowledge, just go look at the official stats page on the main website about characters, their pick rates, and their weapon pick rates to see that some characters and weapon types are largely unused because the weapon types they're forced with are badly designed. There are huge discrepancies with how these characters function along with their weapons which leads to people just not using them.

When you lose players as fast as this game does you know there's a problem somewhere which prevents people from sticking around. Stop shitposting like a blind drone who see's everyone that has issues with this game to be the real source of their problems. It's pathetic.
>>
>>357565
You are the one who is dimwitted buffoon, completely blinded by your own negative experience several months ago and spouting nonsense to justify the decision to leave. You're not even playing the game, yet wasting your time arguing about it here and pretending to keep eye on the stats that are changing every major patch.
>When you lose players as fast as this game does
Oh yeah, the ultimate argument. The game is bad cause players are leaving it. Well, if it's your fucking definition of a good game, surely. I would say the game is bleeding players because a) every single game is dying out after the initial wave of attention, except the very few that are big enough that people play them just because other people play them or because the publisher has unlimited money b) the playerbase was never big enough for fast queues and good matchmaking, now it's getting worse and worse and so more and more people are leaving. People leaving for any other reasons besides dead queues and getting raped by sweaty players are insignificant in number. You can easily see it just from following any official resource from Steam reviews to official reddit or discord. Everything you're saying is so ridiculous and pathetic, while your agitation and inability to make any real arguments betrays that you're just a salty player who's angry that other people are still playing and discussing the game you've dropped but still unable to forget.
>>
>>357604
Saying the game was poorly balanced is not nonsense. You just sound like a butthurt drone who refuses to accept that his favorite game might have flaws. That fact that you refuse to acknowledge anything that I said and just resort to shitposting is pretty telling.
>every single game is dying out after the initial wave of attention
Every game loses players. I never implied otherwise, and why you thought I did is unknown to me. Most multiplayer games do not see six straight months of nothing but player loses shortly after launching. Most also don't see their average player count get cut in half within two months of peaking. this isn't normal for a newly released multiplayer game.
>the playerbase was never big enough for fast queues and good matchmaking
Just last december the game peaked at 50k players on a daily basis. That's enough to put it in Steams top 10 most played daily games. If that isn't popular enough to fast matchmaking then I don't know what your criteria for that would be.
> Everything you're saying is so ridiculous and pathetic
I'm not the one having a mental breakdown over people leaving the game for legitimate reasons. You've done basically nothing but show that you don't clearly don't know what you're talking about either in regards to generla population retention or this games playerbase. It's clear that you're just going to pin any fault that people have with the game on themselves while pretending that it is impossible for people to have real issues with the game, so I can't see an issue continuing this dumb argument any further. You argue like a child yet claim that everyone else apparently can't make any sound arguments.

It didn't even take 30 posts for someone like you to show up in these threads. I wonder if that's a new record.
>>
>>357604
i hope you're literally getting paid for making these posts
reading your retardation is painful, and the other anon is completely right for shitting on you
>>
>>357645
>Most multiplayer games do not see six straight months of nothing but player loses shortly after launching
Battlerite, Spellbreak, Knockout City, Valheim, the list goes on. Surely, there are games like Dead by Daylight that are growing for years, but it's retarded to say it's even slightly abnormal for a newly released multiplayer game to be losing players 6 months in a row 2 months after release. Even if we forget about Eternal Return still being in Early Access.
>Just last december the game peaked at 50k players on a daily basis
And yet EU server wasn't even open 24x7, I'm talking about normal queues, ranked wasn't even implemented yet. Almost all of that 50k players were in KR, there was a good timing with both League and TFT being pre-Seasons. That's all there is to 50k players story. The game itself was in horrible state, now it's a much better game then it was during all-time peak. Quality of the game has nothing to do with the size of playerbase, marketing and lifecycle are the only important factors.
>it is impossible for people to have real issues with the game
It's possible, I never said otherwise. I just said that all other issues people have in regards to this game except those directly following from its small playerbase (long queues and bad matchmaking) are 1) insignificant in total amount compared to the ones I mentioned 2) contradictory to each other among different people. There is no point in addressing issues individual players have. Devs already published their balance framework that's totally reasonable. Statistics wise the balance becoming better every single patch except when new characters and items brakes it. Number-of-unhappy-players wise the balance is bad and always stays bad no matter what devs do.
>>
>>357702
It doesn't matter how many of you are there, to me you are all retarded beyond salvation just for sitting there and arguing with me. I sit here because I like the game and I like discussing it in-between my ranked games. Even with nonchalant simpletons like you. Shit all you want, at least the thread is getting bumps.
>>
>>357726
>waiting queues are so long that anon can sperg out all he wants
Someone's having a meltdown.
>>
>>357717
>Battlerite, Spellbreak, Knockout City, Valheim
Thank you for listing these games, because you've basically just done nothing but show how i'm right. Battlerite was terribly managed and was abandoned by the developers which made everyone quit. Spellbreak was a flop with bad design choices and Knockout city was also a flop that EA left to die. Valheim isn't strictly a multiplayer centric game and had bleeding players because the developers couldn't properly handle developing the game to the point where they had to delete their own roadmap for updates and the game was terribly optimized. Every single one of these games was terribly managed by their developers and started dying because of it. Why you thought listing them would help you is beyond me. You basically just listed games showing that i'm right, bad management kills games.
>The game itself was in horrible state
Which is exactly why people dropped the game as badly as they did. And even if it's better now it still has a bunch of issues that make it hard to get people to stick around. This isn't hard to understand. PEople are still quitting, there's a reason why this is happening.
>It's possible, I never said otherwise.
You argue like it is, because whenever I even did so much as give a hint as to what problems the game might have you started seething and started talking about how i'm apparently the cause of the issues I had. that that i'm just being delusional.
>Quality of the game has nothing to do with the size of playerbase
No, but games die if the developers are incompetent and either refuse to, or fail to, properly manage and balance their game. You listed four that suffered directly because of this. I never talked about game quality in the sense that I was talking about how much money went into the game. I was strictly talking about managment and balancing. I don't know how the fuck you managed to get confused by this.
>>
File: eternal return july 7.png (31 KB, 955x359)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
By the way, we're more or less stabilized since June. Ranked queues are popping too, even in EU the count of Platinum and Gold ranked players is slowly growing. NA is doing almost as good as it was doing during Season 1 in top leagues. Still, we lost some prominent players like AisuSama, MichiaelUdall, Wumbo, Goof, Halifex. But some of people who stopped playing are coming back like Prismaticism while others like Meisroy already said they are also coming back.
>>
>>357741
Why do twitch views matter? and June was red again by nearly 10%. we haven't stabilized at all.
>>
>>357737
> Every single one of these games was terribly managed by their developers and started dying because of it
Ok, now I see that it's a matter of standards. For me every single one of these games were averagely managed. Far from ideally, but not especially badly. What to you is "terrible" management, for me is just how things usually are in multiplayer. And even League and Dota had their share of management issues, they were just too big to die out.

By the way, I didn't cherry pick these games to illustrate my viewpoint. These are all games I've seen a lot of Eternal Return streamers playing. Basically, a significant part of Eternal Return's playerbase consist of players who for one reason or another don't want to play mainstream games like Apex, Fortnite, TFT, League, Dota, Valorant etc. So they move from one game to another following their lifecycle. I spoke to people who come to Eternal Return from Battlerite and Spellbreak. They would had stayed in their previous games if those games hadn't died out. Most of them aren't expecting Eternal Return to stay alive for long either, but they're gonna play it while it's alive or until something more interesting pops out. I also spoke to people like FanHOTS, KureGG and MichaelUdall who once came to Eternal Return from older and more established games like HotS, but returned to their previous game since then. None of them said ER is bad or not fun enough to play. It's just they already have their primary game and they don't believe ER to become a thing worth switching to or even two-timing seriously. Taking all that into account I came to belief that while balance issues etc, are important, they doesn't affect the general trajectory of game's lifecycle. Mostly there are two kinds of players in multiplayer games: those who only play games they consider to be or has potential to become "big game to stay" and those who play whatever they like at the moment, but without hard committing to anything.
>>
>>357755
>For me every single one of these games were averagely managed.
Battlerite was horribly managed and this is a fact that not even the developers tried to hide. You trying to deny this makes you look insane. It's obvious that you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>357737
>No, but games die if the developers are incompetent
Games die. Period. And only if the developers are supernaturally component multiplayer games can live for years. Also the requirements are far more strict for competitive PvP games. It might not be doable at all for anyone who aren't a giant already regardless of competence.
>>357744
>Why do twitch views matter?
Because many player comes from Twitch or gets their motivation to continue playing while watching their favorite streamers.
>and June was red again
June to May yes. But as you can see June itself is almost stable. Last 30 days are about the same level.
>>
>>357764
May was down 10% from the previous month, and June was down from almost 10% from may. There's no stabilization.
>>
>>357764
>Games die.
Die prematurely, as if that wasn't obvious from the discussion being had. Obviously nothing lives forever, that shouldn't need to be stated when talking about games dying early.
>>
>>357759
>not even the developers tried to hide
Hindsight bias. It's so easy to make post-mortems. Yet Sunblocks next game is some kind of vampire themed survival, they are done with competitive multiplayer. It's one thing if they would have said: we fucked up horribly, so next time we would obviously not fuck up, it should be trivial enough to jump from "horrible" to "average". But they didn't. When you don't have confidence even to try again, it means you never "fucked up". You did exactly as expected, as most others do and there is little for you to learn from and improve on. You just aren't supernaturally competent and you need to be to stay in competitive multiplayer market.
>>
>>357767
>Die prematurely
Speaking of prematurely. Battlerite managed to stay alive for more than 2 years. Despite being "horribly" managed. Despite bleeding players even faster than ERBS ever did. How much prematurely did it die? Several months? A year? To me "horrible" management is when you had potential to become the next Dota/League/TFT, but instead you fucked up and died out. Neither Battlerite, nor ERBS had this potential to begin with. Staying alive for 2 years, getting a release, several major updates and even a spin-off game isn't horrible. I'm not saying Stunlock did everything right. But they did reasonably well. The game would have died out in two to three years timeframe anyway, it failed become the next big thing and from that moment player retention is an impossible uphill battle you're gonna lose no matter how hard you try.
>>
>>357486
Post the updated image you shitter nigger
>>
>>357773
>Speaking of prematurely. Battlerite managed to stay alive for more than 2 years. Despite being "horribly" managed.
Yes, it was horribly managed. There's no arguing against this. Also Battlerite had a small playerbase until it left early access in 2017 then died shortly after because the devs were retarded. It wasn't "alive" until it launched then it died within a year. It hit EA levels of players right after launching for obvious reasons. That's nothing like ER.

I love how you're actually trying to say that shitting on your userbase and abandoning a game doesn't count as badly managing it. I'd love to see what counts as bad management if Battlerite doesn't count as poorly managed to you.
>>
File: 1616996275967.png (200 KB, 791x495)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>357774
There isn't an update for July because the month isn't over. The game got a boost within the last 30 days but we don't actually know if it will retain it. By the looks of it, it won't. It's already dropping again. The percentage increase was a lot higher just a few days ago, but now it's sub 1%.
>>
>>357770
Also
>To me "horrible" management is when you had potential to become the next Dota/League/TFT, but instead you fucked up and died out. Neither Battlerite, nor ERBS had this potential to begin with
Prematurely killing your game through piss-poor management is definitely a fuck up. Just because your game doesn't become the next LoL doesn't mean it's impossible to ruin it.
>staying alive for 2 years, getting a release, several major updates and even a spin-off game isn't horrible
It's like you don't know anything about battlerite Those updates and the "spinoff" killed the game, and the spinoff was essentially stillborn and died within a month.

Your thought process is retarded, you compare these games to LoL and DOTA and think that because these aforementioned games don't have the capabilities to have ever been as popular as LoL/DOTA, then it's impossible to ruin them. You can fuck up a product without it being extremely popular, dumb ass. You actually seem to have the thought process of a toddler. Crytek could fuck up Hunt: Showdown, regardless of it not being able to be as popular as something like Tarkov.

Other games being more popular is irrelevant and I don't know why you think it isn't.
>>
>>357726
Jesus, you're actually a crybaby, aren't you?
>>
>>357796
You don't even play the game anymore and writes big paragraphs shitting on it, you're clearly the crybaby in here
>>
Patch notes here, forgot to add image: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/2981928042026327717
Cathy back in the dirt where she belongs
>>
>>357920
The new UI looks really good
Also, damn, Nadja looks like THAT?
>>
Is Lenox average? I feel like she's just not performing as well as some of the other characters I've tried on rotation like Alex and Barbara, but maybe I'm just piloting her wrong.
>>
>>357973
She was THE worst character in solo for a very long time. She is still among the worst. She has no escape, no wall jumps, no insane burst despite being forced to run skill amp. The only reason why Lenox is even playable is because she has power spike around the time the first Tree of Life spawns, so she is pretty much guaranteed to get her Glacial Shoes which in some sense solve her lack of mobility, chase and escape. But Lenox is and has always been very good in Duos in Squads.
>>
>>357803
More than one person thinks you're being a bitch, schizo.
>>
File: 1440278515948.jpg (38 KB, 600x662)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>357985
That's a little painful to hear, but I'm glad she's got a place in teams at the very leaswngmt.
>>
>>357996
The balance is atrocious and has no signs of changing.
If you have a favorite character, hope they end up on the right side of the dartboard.
>>
Is like 90% of the playerbase Korean?
>>
>>358192
It might be 80% now.
>>
>>358141
If you're just playing for fun and don't care about climbing the ranks, balance is not an issue. Every single character is playable in normals. If you are serious about climbing the ranks, you should definitely train more than one character. Even in tournaments they often put a condition that you can't play a single character for all of your games.
>atrocious
It's not THAT bad. There aren't 1-2 super broken characters that completely annihilate everything and don't have bad match ups anymore. Check any top player's tierlist, most of the characters are placed between B and A+.
>has no signs of changing
This is also not true. Take upcoming patch, all the most necessary stuff is there: Xiukai nerfs, Petal Torrent nerfs, Cathy&Fragarach nerfs. There are some strange things like gutting Rio out of the game, but justified changes massively prevail.
>>358192
>>358218
Yeah, 80% seems about right.
>>
Does Li Dailin just suck? What's her deal? She seems to only be relevant for a few minutes and even then she's not that strong.
>>
this game feels more miserable than league and that's saying something
at least when you die in lol you don't have to wait 5 minutes for a new queue to pop
>>
Having played the game ever since ít first alpha, imo, the game is like an excel spreadsheet with rng sprinkled in. It's so number focused that I feel like my experience with the game is constantly in the mercy of dev's balancing.

There are skill based characters that are fun to interact with but they are bad for that same reason. Why play them when simple characters that can just dump numbers on the enemy are just better.

It's fun in the early discovery day but it has just become a spreadsheet that is inpossible to be balanced by design.
>>
>>358274
the amount of effort that more ability-focused characters have to put in just to be on the same level as braindead autoattackers that scale better really stuck me the wrong way and it's not even a matter of "does this character win more" or "do top level korean players think the roster is balanced" but I guess that's what balancing a moba for solo play looks like in the end
>>
>>358274
Yeah, it gets pretty stale really quickly. It's almost all about numbers, skill isn't the most important thing.
>>
>>358268
>in lol you don't have to wait 5 minutes for a new queue to pop
Yeah, low playerbase problem. By far the most important, deadliest and unfixable problem this game has.
>>358274
>there are skill based characters that are fun to interact with
>simple characters that can just dump numbers on the enemy are just better
Aside from these two groups there are also rat characters, who can neither jump big numbers on you, nor outplay you, but they are good at escaping, draining you out and winning final zones. These three groups are more or less balanced, all three have their representatives in the top. Also, while statcheck characters were often broken historically, they were also the quickest to fall from the very top into oblivion. That's your answer to why play skill based characters.
>>358259
She isn't super strong, but she is always relevant. Her mobility is very good, her escapes are good, her damage output is at least decent. Her only weakness is her long ult cooldown and without ult she usually doesn't have the necessary damage to kill. But very few characters can chase Dailin. So she is kinda a hybrid: she can snowball but not as hard as other characters, but if she fails to snowball she is also decent at ratting.
>>
>>358295
>unfixable
>>
>>358286
The problem with braindead autoattackers is that there can be only one fed autoattacker in every lobby, they cannilbalize each other. Braindead autoattackers are either godly strong or completely dogshit depending on whether they managed to snowball or not. Skillbased characters on the other hand have much more stable gameplay. The only exception were Nadine, but after her stacks from hunt got nerfed she isn't as oppressive anymore. She is still good though. And also to be honest, while Nadine seems easy to play and is easy to play in some sense, compare how many hunt stacks Homecoming or top Korean Nadine get every game to how many average Nadine gets. The difference is so huge that it's obvious that while Nadine is easy in some aspects, she still requires a lot of skill, basically you speedrun hunting animals for 15 minutes and by speedrunning I mean that literally every second counts so you need to be fast and precise as fuck.
>>
>>357486
I love how they intentionally cropped out last 30 days section
>>
>>358304
>>357788
>>
File: 1596942899315.png (90 KB, 719x275)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>358304
Last 30 days includes June, where the game got a small bump for a little bit but it's still on a downward trend for now.
>>
>>358304
>>358307
Don't get your hopes high, Yoda streamed ERBS and there was a temporarily increase in activity on South America server that had been the most dead. That increase is already over.
>>
I played the game like I was snorting crack back in November/December of 2020 and it was fucking awesome. Sad to see the number dropping
>>
>>358358
>Sad to see the number dropping
You speak like you stopped playing a while ago. Aren't you part of the dropping numbers?
>>
william sucks
>>
>>358363
I took a break and never got the same enthusiasm to get back I guess. There are too much min maxing and theory crafting that I can't even do well just by understanding the fundamental, I have to study the meta and the fotm builds to be allowed to play the game.

When I was playing back in December , half of the lobby was always dead by day 2 . Imagine half of the population sitting in queue, do the same braindead route they do hundreds of time, get fucked by RNG and die before they get any real gameplay whatsoever.

I took a break from my ER addiction and haven't managed to conjure my energy to get back into it pretty much. The game is simply too inaccessible to play casually for me.
>>
File: Christmas_barfing.gif (2.58 MB, 320x240)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
>>355933
>tranime moba
>>
Current thoughts on Nicky? I've been enjoying fighting against her, although that could just be because I played ranged characters
>>
>>358512
No shit, Sherlock
>>358560
Nah, half the lobby is still dead by day 2 in normals usually. You still can play normals casually. Maybe not on EU, but on NA for sure.
>>358600
Dogshit as usual lately. Wait until she gets a buff or two and she would be ok. Her kit is pretty good and she doesn't even feel that horrible, it's just she deals no damage.
>>
>>358664
>Nah, half the lobby is still dead by day 2 in normals usually. You still can play normals casually. Maybe not on EU, but on NA for sure.

I played on KR so it's even worse there. Some build just power spike so early people started dropping when it's night 1. And that's not a good thing to miss a few items, be behind on weapon and boot and then just got ran down 2 mins into the game.

And that's just one of many thing that make the players feel like they have no agency over.

Imo, the hardcore playerbase has just been blindly defending the obvious flaws of the game's design and actively dismiss criticism of the game. Casual player see this and peace out, thus the game keeps bleeding players after the innitial surge.
>>
>>358690
I understand your point, but I feel like any game designed in such a way that casual players can feel comfortable in the same lobby with hardcore players is unfair to hardcore players and plain bad. If you're hardcore you must be able to stomp casuals or there is no point in even trying to improve. Of course the real solution is to just separate hardcore players and casuals whatsoever. ELO based matchmaking solves this easily. However when the playerbase is as low as ERBS has, you can't run any real ELO based matchmaking, otherwise higher ranked player wouldn't be able to find a game at all.
>>
>>358729
ER is hardcore in a very weird way.Imo the hardcore part of the game is actually outside of the actual round being played ,keeping up with the patches and the fotm strat , that's why I keep refering it as a spreadsheet game. Outside of the spreadsheet, which arguably the part players have the most agency over, the entire game in-round has very repetitive and linear play pattern that is only altered by RNG. Even other players interference is RNG, everyone follows an autopilot route at the start of the game and the reason why you get cucked by 10s by somebody else at an objective is because RNG gave him better loot box that he finished his route faster.

Compare ER to is predecessor, ER has way less thinking on the go. The orginal game , now called Immortal Soul has so many catch up mechanic and in the moment decision thanks to its feature that everyone can instant teleport anywhere in the map and a web of very interconnected build paths , when a player is bullied out of their current zone ( which is to be expected by design ), they can quickly switch up builds on the go and bounce back to the leading position if they can get a few successful vulturing . ER, on the other hand, has its character limited by having to walk, even with hyperloop there just isn't the same level of flexibility. Getting cucked out of a zone in ER just set one back so hard and often funnel them to a rat playstyle, which the dev punishes because LP gain is heavily weighted on kill and not placement. From a macro game standpoint , Immortal Soul offers more flexible, make the best out of your situation gameplay, while ER has a rigid path that a dent can ruin the entire thing and forces the player down an undersireable play path ( ratting ) and be punished by the dev anyway through dismissible LP gain.
>>
>>358785
From a micro, moment to moment combat, ER isn't great and everyone knows this. Trying to adopt League kit into a 1v1 focused game isn't the best idea. I just don't see how stat check and one shot characters are healthy for the game. One of the bigger offender being Nadine where her gameplay and fight pattern is so non-interactible to most characters. You randomly run into a Nadine and if she's fed she mops the floor with you, if she isn't she just dies. There are certainly more interesting design route the dev could have taken , maybe not as complex as Battlerite but something like Smite where almost all abilities are skillshot could have made the game more interactive and place more emphasis on player’s action mid-combat

I certainly have enjoyed ER a lot throughout my 1000 hours play time, as well as Black Survival franchise in general. When ER is interesting it could be very interesting. But just as addictive the game is, it’s also equally taxing and unsatisfying to play after a few personal disappointing patches. So much of the game is driven by both hidden and visible number that the players have little control over except following. So it’s tiring to try getting in and getting back into the game. I would love to have the part where I play the game matter more than the part where I copy strat on dak.gg.
>>
>>358787
>>358785
There are characters like Silvia, who can run a very wide variety of items and also has huge potential for skill expression.

Also, the last patch put character, weapon and route selection on the single screen. This is a very important change, because now you can see who are gonna be in your lobby and pick a character & weapon with the least contested route. This and pseudo-random loot distribution + satellite vision at the start + 5 seconds preparation time made scenarios of being cucked by being 10 seconds late very much avoidable.

I agree that this game can be an unpleasant experience for one trick ponies who're entirely dependent on lobby compositions and the most affected by balance changes, especially when they play statcheck characters. But once you have several characters you're comfortable with and at least 2 builds for each of them, you are in a decent position.
>>
File: 1466979478829.png (4 KB, 230x221)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
This is probably a beginner dilemma but I am like consistently 1 or 2 levels below everyone else after the first night and I can't figure out what I'm falling behind on. Do I just need to kill every fucking animal I come across or is there something I'm not prioritizing?
>>
>>358913
Check any Eternal Return streamer on Twitch and see what he is doing differently. No, usually you don't want to fight animals except maybe chickens and dogs for leather that're needed for your boots or weapon until you are half full build at least.
>>
>>358913
Kill animals and don't always run away from maybe killing players. That's basically it.
>>
>>358913
>but I am like consistently 1 or 2 levels below everyone else
Wanna honest opinion on what's happening? "Everyone else" you're talking about just do literally everything much faster because they are much better players. There's no such thing as matchmaking in this game (except in ranked), everyone is playing vs everyone else and so players from the very top of leaderboards are in the same game as you. You see mostly good players because other players like you and below you are dying to them too fast. Whoever is alive by the night 1 is someone who killed somebody.
>>
File: thefuck.jpg (249 KB, 1800x793)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
My first game, is it supposed to be this easy, or did I just get matched up with monkeys?
>>
>>358998
First few games are vs bots.
>>
>>359020
That explains a lot, thanks. I guess I'll just play vs AI for the next few days to drag this out for easy dailies.
>>
>>355933
I can't, last time I tried to find a match I spent 20min in queue.
A shame because it was an interesting game.
>>
File: sendhelp.jpg (61 KB, 1347x373)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
God damn I just cannot pull out a win with Silvia. I lost to a close duel with the Alex but I barely felt like I had a chance against him.
>>
>>359465
Watch ImRhinne. He even made a video on her combos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R381BEtT9nA
>>
File: 2hyun.webm (2.72 MB, 720x405)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
Tfw you temporary truce to not die to some other team.
>>
>Got exactly 1LP on the promo chance
Well that's cutting it way too close
>>
Is there any way to play to get more kills? I feel like even if I'm doing good, I always lose out to people that have been fed 2-3 kills early game before I've even bumped into another person.
>>
>>359843
reported both your accounts
>>
>>360101
Play as a character that has better growth potential then kill people at the beginning of the match if you find them.
>>
Any thoughts on Alex, Leon, and Hart in terms of their current strength and difficulty to play? Now that I climbed to the rank I wanted I feel like I should learn to not be a one-trick by the start of the next season
>>
>>360211
Leon is easily top 3 character in the game. Insane mobility, insane versatility (he can run half the items in the game), crazy burst. Also not hard to play.

Alex is top 5 maybe, but much harder to play. Or to be precise, you can just run Monohoshizao and still be in a decent spot, very easy to play also, but if you want to play for full potential, you need to craft additional weapons and use swap mechanics which makes Alex maybe the most difficult to play character in the game.

Hart is around top 7, but she is ping dependent and her routes are meh. If you're forced to play The Wall or Satisfaction first because Teen Spirit route is contested, you need to switch into Teen Spirit/Wonderful Tonight later and making a second guitar is pain in the ass, since the starter guitar isn't a 1-zone item. She isn't hard to play, but you need to dodge many skillshots with E and that require low ping apart from good reaction.
>>
File: 1625356487923.jpg (31 KB, 300x231)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>Get into fight with Nicky
>CC chained until I'm dead
Fuck this hoe is so unfun to fight
>>
>>360381
Imagine fighting Leon, he can do same shit but faster.
>>
Jesus I just cannot make Bernice's route work most of the time (uptown, temple, hospital, dock). Am I just going too slow, getting unlucky, or am I misjudging my pre-game match-ups?

I'd love some advice on reading character select and figuring out when a gameplan isn't viable.
>>
File: this man... is weak.png (711 KB, 847x1348)
711 KB
711 KB PNG
>>360759
Start hospital > uptown > temple > dock with the same build. Hospital 3rd is suicide for him, you find half of what you need and line up right with several aggressive characters right at their power spike. You need a fuckton of feathers for that build and they're ultra contested by right now. Tons of characters need them so above anything else start where you can grab them first. You can still find basically everything you need out of uptown second, it can get slightly sketchy if there are a lot of dagger characters in the lobby but overall its much safer than zone 3 hospital. Temple is a slow loot unless you get insanely lucky, doing it third doesn't change much about it. Bernice's routes just suck but this is the only way I've been able to make that one work. He has no movement option to help him route faster so it isn't you, the character genuinely just loots more slowly the most of the cast.

Hopefully sniper skill update helps him out, a little bit. He's almost unanimously agreed upon as the worst character in the game.
>>
File: 1449261133486.gif (3.5 MB, 456x255)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB GIF
>missing skills as Lenox
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'M LITERALLY SHAKING
>>
all you do in this game is wait 5 minutes for a queue, get screwed or unlucky with a looting path, and run into some korean with a full build and die the moment you're able to scrounge up a piece of fucking paper
>>
>>361187
Nah, sometimes I complete my build in record time, run into a single Jackie with a dreadfully inferior build, and fucking die because I get hit by a lag spike while using a character that isn't 100% autopilot.
>>
>>361187
>get screwed or unlucky with a looting path
No, you can't, unless you're brain dead. Pseudo-random loot distribution and initial camera vision and movement speed buff before first container makes it almost guaranteed that you're getting your items. And you can even see where the people in your second zone spawned, to avoid looting near their spawn points later.
>and run into some korean with a full build
Koreans who play on servers besides KR are playing on 150+ ping. Ping is by far the most noticeable in looting speed. If KR players are ahead of you in build, you're super slow.
>>
File: tenor.gif (2.73 MB, 640x640)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB GIF
>it's a (you) vs a Jackie/Alex/ect. with 7 kills finale episode
I mean technically 2nd place is good, but it sure as fuck doesn't feel rewarding when all you did was not die vs the guy that slaughtered half the lobby.
>>
I don't know what it is but I cannot make fucking Nicky work, it's like my brain's programmed wrong. I probably just need to spend some time watching someone use her correctly, but god this sucks ass.
>>
>>361641
WraithKira and Averse played her a lot lately. I can't say they made her work consistently by the way. But there are among the best. Both were saying she is difficult as fuck.
>>
File: 1620494046095.png (395 KB, 719x771)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>361651
What are some good beginner characters? I feel like I'm out of my depth trying to manage some of these high-maintence characters while still digesting all the item, route, and match-up knowledge that gets burned into your brain while playing. I'm not trying to go hard on meta picks, but someone that's fun and effective would be a nice change of pace from what feels like working my ass off.
>>
>>361698
Fiora, Chiara, Luke, Cathy, Rozzi, maybe even Hart.
>>
>>361250
I'm playing on the korean server because no normal people are even awake when i play so i'm the one with 200 ping
>>
>>361841
Wow, you're in deep shit. For reference: most players from USA are playing on NA server with 40+ ping. Most players from EU are playing on EU server with 30+ ping. But most players from KR are playing on KR server with only 2-4 ping, so their looting speed is far greater. It's useless to play on KR if you have 200 ping, lol.
>>
>>361852
Even in the USA server I have 80 ping and the way the game's going in the western sphere I doubt they're aching to build new servers new the west coast. controls always felt a little off
>>
>>361952
Yeah, 80 ping is also not good, but I'm playing on NA with 120 ping and it's still playable. It's still better than playing on KR. The difference between 2 ping and 40 ping is as important as the difference between 40 ping and 80. KRs looting like instantly, they're getting their builds online a whoppin 40+ secs earlier than even the best NA players.
>>
>>361810
New player playing Chiara here. I agree that she's fun and effective, but honestly according to my experience so far you don't want play this bitch. While I'm sticking with her since I've already made a lot of progress and find her fun, I'd argue that her flashiness is actually getting me killed quite often, people have a habit of ganging up on me. She doesn't necessarily seem that strong, but just think to yourself, if you see Chiara and Aya fighting each other, do you first want to kill the character with the straightforward damage dealing+survivability kit, or do you want to get rid of the character that has a massive debuff field surrounding her that will disadvantage you if you enter the fight in the first place, and make it worse and worse the longer you're in it?
Aside from that, I feel very very reliant on Plague, and you need to kill with Last Judgement to reduce the cooldown, which will end Plague the moment you use it. Judging the timing to kill them can be a bit hard if you aren't fighting a free kill, people will often run out of range just before you can use it and all you can do is try to finish them off with projectiles, and if you don't reduce the cooldown you need to play like a huge bitch for the next 100 seconds, and you really might not even have the option to do that.
>>
>>362064
Yeah, Chiara can kill only when she has her ult off cooldown. However, her survivability kit isn't all that bad with root on E, slow on Q and and shield on W. So at least you can survive while your Ult is on cooldown.
>>
File: 24376872.png (2.27 MB, 4250x2500)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
Camilo revealed
Seems to have duel swords, but probably rapier too.
>>
>>362128
He is a dancer, why they make him a fencer?
>>
How do I stop sucking? Seriously, I'm fucking ass and cannot pull out a win. I feel like my fundamentals must just be garbage and I need to work on foundational issues or some shit.
>>
>>362680
Check your MMR on dak.gg maybe it's too high. If you're as bad as you've described yourself, you should be in the protected player pool.
>>
>>362735
What counts as a "high" MMR?
>>
>>362786
600 or so I believe is the boundary of the protected player pool.
>>
File: 1447324356749.png (20 KB, 800x480)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>362817
Yeah I'm a little below 1000. Which I think is just average? I can make a full build most of the time no problem but I'm just having a lot of trouble keeping up with other players, or matching up with the people that are absolutely dominating the lobby. I can survive alright, but actually killing other players is where I really, really fall short which might be a pacing issue too.
>>
>>362839
Being a little below 1000 is the worst spot. Just open your match history on dak.gg and check every guy who killed you in the last 10 games. What's their ratings?
>>
File: 1597783332111.png (439 KB, 750x642)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>362840
>people with MMR ranging anywhere from slightly above 1k to 2600k
Ouch. Makes sense since it's free for all unranked, but god damn no wonder you've people snowballing through lobbies. I should probably get my ass into ranked sometime I guess.
>>
They need to put less emphasis on looting. Other BRs have looting and it does help to have better items in a fight but half of the game isn't based around how fast you can open boxes.
>>
>https://event.playeternalreturn.com/pre-season3?hl=en-US
Pre-season 3 updates/events and patch notes to come I guess?
>>
>>364090
Just memorize every item in the game bro. This game isn't trying to be like other BRs, it's trying to be a sequel. It wouldn't be a proper sequel if looting wasn't a huge barrier to entry, because the previous game was almost entirely looting. You can even cheese the entire match through looting. https://blacksurvival.fandom.com/wiki/Restricted_Area_and_Hacking
>>
>>364100
Everything was on the roadmap for quite some time already.

By the way, it seems that Nathapon will have an entire new weapon class for himself. You're introducing 10 new cameras into the game, there is no way this isn't the Nathapon's weapon.
>>
How do you deal with being really far behind on items due to early fights where no one dies?
>>
>>364919
How early?
I wouldn't allow it to become a proper fight until I get a blue weapon at the absolute least. If someone is equipped to escape you after that, avoid engaging that character so early on in the future. If everything goes wrong anyway, there's no real way to deal with it, you're just fucked. Get back to speedrunning and hope things work out, craft some food in the current or next area if it's convenient, and pray to god that rng doesn't fuck you any harder. In that situation i'd be really glad just to score 7th place.
>>
>>364919
Running away from pings and trying to get vision/cameras, killing bats (they always drop cameras now). Basically ratting until you are full build. Then farming animals. In general fighting 2-3 masteries down isn't as hopeless as fighting 1 item down, so getting your build is always the first priority.
>>
File: 1612525736285.jpg (47 KB, 500x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Play skill amp Hyunwoo
>Slam someone into a wall
>They aren't unbreakable/cc immune/etc.
>Still don't get stunned
This happens more commonly then it should, is it a ping thing? I play on ~80 ping.
>>
how the fuck do I learn this game
I feel like there's so many mechanics and features I have to memorize and figure out how to interact with
is there a guide or something?
>>
>>365203
scazzaf on youtube. Don't look at his recent vids and look for older beginner tips vids. I know meta has changed a lot but there are good chunks of beginner tips that still apply today.
>>
>>365203
don't bother, the game is unplayable and will make you miserable unless you're korean
>>
>>365203
behind the facade of a survival game it's a speedrun game. The entire goal is to gather as much stat and resource as possible from gear/mastery farm/food.

You want to learn as much as possible from tutorial and stream, get updated on the fotm strategies to do well. The game they have you envisioned in the tutorial is nothing alike the actual meta game people play.
>>
>>366105
It carries alot of RTS's DNA like Starcraft's. Pretty fun to theory craft and min max stuff but also filter people hard
>>
>>366109
Yeah, I actually surprised how almost every decent in ERBS has background in MOBA like League and Battlerite and almost nobody has RTS background. I can easily see people from SC2 and WC3 being good in the game. Take Grubby for example, he was WC3 pro player and he become very good at HotS with his reactions and mechanical skill and I think this game offers more than HotS for that kind of skill expression.
>>
I can't make li work. She does no damage.
>>
I need some advice. My situation is kinda unique. I simply can't get any kills, but I I'm fine otherwise. I usually get pretty high placement, I get my full build almost every time, I don't get griefed, my damage numbers are decent I think. The builds I run is as good as you can get because I composed all of them myself.
I thought them out very well. Finally, I checked if maybe I can't kill people because I play with people much higher rated than me. But according to dak gg almost everyone sucks as much as I do. There are no good players in my lobbies. I tried a lot of characters on free rotation and I bought Isol, he seems good, but I still won only 1 game where I was lucky to get traps from yellow box.

What should I practice?
>>
>>366476
How fast are you finishing your full build? Are you aware of your item spikes to determine what fights could be winnable during your route? In cases where no person in the lobby snowballs are you able to keep up in mastery/level and plan somewhat ahead for RNG items? Are you unable to kill because they run away or because they're beating you in the fight more often?
>>
>>366484
>How fast are you finishing your full build?
Pretty slow actually, however I prioritize my boots and in general I feel like I can run away from any danger until my build is complete. Most of the times I manage to get my build running. The only problem is that trees and meteorites have fixed spawn rate so I can't complete some of my items faster really.
>Are you aware of your item spikes to determine what fights could be winnable during your route?
No, that sounds like too advanced stuff to me. I often see players with less items completed than I have at the moment. However I never initiate fights until I'm full build or at least 5 items out of 6, because I often see people die to third party or chasing each other around for too long. I prefer to focus on my items first, than fight. I guess by the time my build is complete most easy kills are already gone.
>In cases where no person in the lobby snowballs are you able to keep up in mastery/level and plan somewhat ahead for RNG items?
I don't know what are RNG items. Usually there is a player who snowballs in my lobbies. But usually I don't fall that far behind in my weapon mastery. I could lack 2 or 3 levels at most I think. And also I often see a player with purple flames around his name meaning he got at least 4 kills, but with 1 item still missing, while I'm full build already.
>Are you unable to kill because they run away or because they're beating you in the fight more often?
Both happens. One of the characters who kill me pretty often is Jackie. She is good at running away, but it seemed to me that she is good at killing also. I decided to try her myself. I was able to run away really well, but somehow I wasn't able to get many kills. I feel like she is so squishy. Once I died when trying to fight 2 bears at the same time. I lose half my hp on every bear. In general I prefer ranged characters. They are also squishy, but at least they are ranged, that helps a lot.
>>
>>366496
>>366484
Oh and I forgot to mention that it's so fucking hard to kill that Wickline boss. No matter how good my run is, I'm always at least 4 levels below her when she spawns. Her dps is crazy, she can kill me in 10 seconds. I died to her a few times. Then I understood that I can't beat her in one encounter. Now I try to put some damage to her and run away. Thankfully her AI is bad so she quickly stops chasing. I can beat her in ~3 encounters, but often other players steal her when she is low. They never engage her themselves first. Maybe they are the smart ones.
>>
What the fuck did they do Barbara? She is fucking bullshit, she is getting the nerf D this week for sure.
>>
I think Nicky's gotta be my favorite character by a mile. Her E is so fucking satisfying, and bouncing around after negating damage is great. I just wish she wasn't so goddamn squishy. It feels like I either play perfectly and land every counter on cooldown or I explode elsewise.

Oh, and then there's her R. She is straight up playing with one less button which is all sorts of retarded. I wouldn't even be thinking about her stats if she actually had an ultimate.
>>
>>366838
Her R just received a solid buff in the most recent hotfix.
>>
It's me again, the guy who can't get kills. I tried Shoichi and he is so fun to play. But I still can't kill anyone. I also played some Nadine lately and she is also fun with her Q hitting from whole screen away. I managed to win one game with 1 kill, I somehow killed 7 kills Rozzi in the end with help of cameras and my long range Q. I already have A-coins for another character, dunno whom to get. I've seen only characters from the current rotation and from the previous one. Thinking about trying Alex, he has so many weapon options.
>>
>>367353
Shoichi is hard as fuck to use properly in my short experience. Alex has a high skill ceiling, but I don't -think- he's too hard to get the hang of.

The game has so much going on that it can be really rough going just to reach the setting we're you're actually able to fight someone evenly when you're still figuring things out. Normals are a total mix of player skill, so you'll have amazing players wiping the floor with trash players, leaving someone like you that maybe has an okay handle on things totally in the dust regardless. Just keep at it, and try to learn what you can from each match. It might be taxing, but I think the game is really fucking satisfying just as you make progression and pilot your character/build better.
>>
Nathapon Preview is out: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/4703431001434823902
He seems pretty neat
>>
>>367562
The shutter sound alone makes me want to give him a try. Seems like he's gonna be strong in teams, and interesting in solos. He's got no escape and his ult can CC himself, so I can see him being a big target if he's not playing aggressively or ratting hard enough.
>>
>>367485
>Normals are a total mix of player skill, so you'll have amazing players wiping the floor with trash players
I'm so low that I don't face good players yet. I'm around 400 MMR, slowly climbing due to high placements (I get almost no kills).
>Shoichi is hard as fuck to use properly
I have no idea what's the proper use of him. The only thing I understood is that you can only use your W on knifes and never on anything else. So I mostly jump back and forth rotating between Q recast and E and just running away on cooldowns. I manage to stay alive and have some damage output this way, unfortunately when I'm winning, enemy just runs away or third party kills them because our fights are so long people react to the pings on the map.
>>
File: 1474059420624.gif (655 KB, 700x625)
655 KB
655 KB GIF
how do I beat Janitor
>>
Patch notes are out.
https://playeternalreturn.com/patch-notes/0-37-0
>>
File: LewdKoreangirls.jpg (1.73 MB, 4016x4216)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
When are they gonna buff Amp?
Every single lobby is full of brain dead Auto attack shitters like Cathy, Jackie, Leon and Luke.
>>
>>358787
Squads and Duos are alot more fun, imo.
The game feels alot better balanced for that section, better than Solos where you have legit 3-7 matchups.
>>
>>368621
Anon Hyejin can already 100 to 0 most of the cast, what's more amp gonna do for you?
>>
Photo man is out
>>
and he's kinda fun
>>
How's the camera guy? He looks fun but his kit doesn't really strike me as particularly good for solos
>>
>>368727
He looks fun for griefing; he can make one of his weapon paths in a single zone (provided you're insane enough to wait on bats) and can meme people on hyperloops, as seen here: https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentGracefulAlpacaStinkyCheese-JwAthqd2ZoS_DmXS

Other than that, I haven't actually played him
>>
Man it really feels like the early game is just picking up faster and faster. It's great too, but part of it is probably from my own experience/learning. It's so easy to fall behind in normals while a good player is snowballing off kills and such, they should really implement some kind of light MMR because I can't imagine how brutal this shit is for new players. It's almost like learning a fighting game except you're playing against 17 fucking people at once. All of which reminds me that I really need to start mapping out late game plans and legendries if I want to win.

What do you guys think of the new speed boosters? I haven't played enough to really judge how they effect securing kills, but the general mobility between zones is super nice.
>>
>>368906
I like em, they're fun
>>
>>368727
I have won 2 games out of 4 of the cameraman on solos's. I dunno if hes busted, but if you land that e and w? Its alot of damage man. Along with that goddamn camera, fucking 2 percent skill amplitude per level, shits WILD
>>
>>369054
What order are you leveling the skills in?
>>
>>369058
Usually q e w at the start, and then with emphasis on q, w, and t, which seems to be his main damage skills, along with his camera auto-attack.
He's definitely a kiter, with no real escape except his e and r. But stringing along auto-attacks, and your q that slows for abit at the max level of photo stacks (and has a fuckhuge range), seems to work quite well.
>>
File: 1445723529644.gif (957 KB, 500x418)
957 KB
957 KB GIF
Are there any good general guides? I'm not terrible at the game, have gotten a few wins, know how to efficiently make my build, ect. But I really don't feel like I'm actually thriving at the game compared to the players that snowball out of control, get more than 2~3 kills, have a lead in weapon mastery, and finish with a handful of legendries.

I'm talking about normals of course, which I know is a rankingless hellhole, but even after 60+ hours I still feel like I'm just barely above a beginner level.
>>
>>370692
this game is hilariously impossible to learn any real macro as an EOP
try scouring through scazzaf and tomsorcer's channels and whatever other amounts of guide/coaching content you can find online, and watch some streams but keep in mind that players aren't generally very 100% knowledgable about anything because the game is too new for a "correct" metagame to have developed yet
>>
Just saw the concept art for Johann and Chloe. Wasn't Johann one of the characters introduced later on? Kinda surprised to see him so soon. Also:

>All test subjects in Eternal Return manipulate a mystical force called VF (Vital Force). The experiments take place as a way to investigate this VF manipulation. Arcana is designed to be the medium of pure, concentrated VF.
>Key objects or weapons serve as a medium of this power; Shoichi’s bag, Barbara’s Sentry Gun, Adela’s chess pieces are all mediums that amplify VF.

what
>>
>>371622
>Wasn't Johann one of the characters introduced later on?
He is, but there aren't that many characters left and the order doesn't matter that much anymore. Eternal Return is catching up to Immortal Soul quickly enough so every character should be ported before the end of the year or maybe even before December.
>>
File: 1599688677940.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Silvia gets a motorcycle I can fuel up??? Woah hell yeah I'm in
>Get my fuel to max
>Run into the hamburger loli that runs around the corner
>"Hehe watch this"
>Motorcycle just stalls and I barely go forward
>She flies back out from the corner with her big attack and kills me
>Try getting on the motorcycle next game with nobody around and it feels like barely a speed change
No... I thought I would get to drive around the island for that Grand Prix shit... Feeling the wind in my hair...
>>
File: 861930301248110603.png (5 KB, 100x100)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
redpill me on camera boy, is he shit? I haven't seen one live past the first 5 minutes
>>
>>372740
Characters without mobility skill cannot be good unless their abilities and passive are Sisella tier broken. And even Sisella can do some wall jumps with pull from her E.
>>
>>370692
Add me. I can teach you the basics.
>>
Guys I love Rio so much that my skill with her has gone above and beyond the rest of the cast and now I can't get myself to learn someone new because I'm stuck in norms lobbies with top level players

I'm in Rio hell

Is smurfing the only way out?
>>
>>372740
he's only viable in squads
>>
File: 874983724.jpg (48 KB, 670x647)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>Go into normals to practice a new character
>Matched against literal top 100 players try harding their ass off on their main character
Fuck this gay shit, can't wait for these cunts to be herded back into ranked this week so I can practice in peace.
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/2983057384605040289

Our nigga is thicc
>>
Patch notes are out: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/2977428247146439412
and an event is starting soon: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/2983057112756978047
>>
>>377260
Nobody cares anymore. Last dedicated players left for Pokemon Unite. This thread is also dead, 1 message in 3 days.
>>
I came back after not touching the game for about 2 months and the consistent item spawns make the early game a lot smoother, although there are still some really bad choke points like Archery where if you need 2 paper you better pray.

This game could definitely use more players but there's too many dickbags in normals who are sweating like it's ranked and just grief newer players as long as they can push an advantage. Often enough I will see someone with a finished weapon and maybe 2-3 other items 7 minutes in and I just let them through. I can't really imagine trying to stick with this game if every match 2-3 minutes in you just get run over by a purple weapon Luke/Cathy while you're still learning the ropes.
>>
>>377653
Yeah. Ironically this is one of those games that could use some sort of match-ranking for normals because of how high the fucking learning curve is. New players can and will get stomped buy high league players, and while the game comes down to a vicious learning cycle regardless, it's not exactly helping either.

That aside, I really don't think there's more you could do for the game itself beyond continuing to improve itemization, routing, and loot spawns, which doesn't really draw in more blood.
>>
>>377797
as far as i understand there is actually an MMR system for normals but the game has so little players in NA that there is no choice but to stuff all the semi-experienced guys and the high elo players together
>>
>>377887
There is a protected pool below 500 MMR. It should be expanded to 1000 MMR or there should be another separated pool.
>>
>>377653
The issue with paper and archery is that it's such a huge start point, especially since steel ball and shoes can give you a really good pair of green shoes, since speed is everything early on.

Most builds try not to have more than 1 of a heavily contested item, especially since paper is scarce there. Try to reduce your paper need by 1, or route around a place that's not as common for paper, like Church.
>>
File: 1602095593721.png (204 KB, 464x498)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>378031
>need paper
>also need hammers and geodes
Honestly I don't -actually- have problems hitting beach later all that often, but it's always tense.
>>
Jan feels pretty bad to play, am I missing something with him? Another new character that sucks?
>>
File: file.png (88 KB, 527x339)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>378031
I could write at length about item routing for this game, I've spent a lot of time in the simulator and planner in game trying to come up with new routes and it's one of the things that drew me to this game, but a lot of things boil down to how weakly distributed some of the items are and how some of the item recipes are just plain bad.

If you're spell amp you most likely want StraightJacket Sneakers for your shoes and you'll most likely end with Schrodinger's Box or Revenge of Goujian as your accessory if you start around left side and stay in school/hotel/beach. So that's 2 papers. If you want a crit oriented build, you'll most likely hit Docks at some point or another since you hit 3 out of 4 components for Optical Suit, Alley is also another option but sees a lot less traffic for some reason, most likely weapon routing.

Then you have this new piece of shit item, the Marksman Handbook could be built in 1 zone a few patches ago but they split the items so the crossbow and AK have no overlap anymore, so it's a 3-zoner purple item that doesn't have good routing synergy.

Consistent routes are good, but there are a few which are a bit more high risk high reward, which consider the tradeoff of hitting strong power spikes early and snowballing from there but feel pretty bad when you miss an item or two.
>>
>>378117
I wouldn't say he feels bad, but he seems outclassed by the tried and true characters. My biggest problem with him is initiating fights. It honestly just feels like people can walk away from you and there's not shit you can do. With enough mobility, even your ring walls don't really help with locking people down.
>>
Is anyone actually building this shit? I don’t know how you can justify using a force core on 375 hp and some flat amp
>>
>>378984
If you're running Skadi + Glacial, it's a decent option, the only other use would be Elysian Halo, which doesn't have HP, sometimes it's also the only option available late game. Its problem is that it competes with EOD suit, which is amazing.
>>
>>378117
Jan's broken. Can't beat him. 5 seconds of CC.
>>
>>378984
Averse does.
>>
What were they thinking by giving camera boy no movement options whatsoever
>>
>>379511
Try this build: 434348
You don't need any movement options, you could run away from anyone before they even see you.
>>
>>379518
yeah just running away from absolutely everything is the only way i've had any success with him and i
>>
>>377528
I'll leave for Pokemon Unite if it ever comes to PC but it won't.
>>
>>379537
You can just end up emulating it when the mobile version released.
>>
>>379537
I gonna stay in ERBS while the games are popping, I like this game and I genuinely feel it's betting better in every aspect except the player base. But I gonna play ERBS only half the time when Naraka comes out.
>>
As long as Luke is viable games are going to suck
>>
I took a break for a month and now all my favourite erbs streamer is playing pokemon unite....
>>
>>380728
Rhinne said he's gonna take a ~month break from ERBS, he burned out. Averse is occasionally playing ERBS, he even won a tourney 2 days ago. He is gonna play both Pokemon and ERBS on regular basis and he even plans to include Naraka. Proster plays only Pokemon, he's not sure if he is returning to ERBS, since he plans to play Lost Ark also. I don't know about Gunner22, but I'll be really surprised if he doesn't return to ERBS. Homecoming already return to ERBS from Pokemon, he was in Averse and Proster's team, but he left. That's a good sign, people burn out from Pokemon also.
>>
File: dedgamelol.png (48 KB, 716x234)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>380728
Game's dead lol.
>>
File: jan and magnus.jpg (148 KB, 540x755)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>New character comes out
>They're the worst character in the whole game
Getting real tired of this, what was the last strong release we even had?
>>
>>380984
release Cathy / Alex was pretty busted.

Honestly new character releases are a flip flop between unplayable ( like, to the point the kit doesn't even work with each other ) and straight up broken
>>
>>380743
> Game has solid player base for a B-tier just on Steam alone. ( 1k to 10k playerbase )
> They just got a publisher to inect money into the game and the Asia 1/2 player base are still keeping the momentum going.
> It's built in 2 years and even the devs don't think the game is "finished" to do huge promo outside of KR , they are still adding items, map features to support the core gameplay and other QoL features.

There are always some "dead" server on a B-tier game and this time it's EU instead of the usual Asia server. It has a ridiculously short development time for such an ambitious style of game and still managed to pull through.

I think the game would still be fine and even going to be big 1-2 year from now once the devs have finished working out their game. All these doom posting and pushing advertisements to manufacture some kind of e-sport scene now doesn't genuine to me. It seems to me people just want the game to turn them into e-celeb and jump ship when they realize it hasn't reached its destination yet this year.
>>
>>381163
>release Alex was pretty busted.
this never happened. He was shit from the getgo. Shoichi, Chiara, Cathy were busted on release
>>
>>378122
Physical always did have alot of faster item builds, almost consistently. I think letting go of that "muh amp" mentality is a good start. I have a build where only 2 items are Amp (crown and White crane) and the build is serviceable only because it's so fast.

I can't speak for any of your builds, but routings are usually split into two categories: either blisteringly fast routes that can be completed at halfway through Day 1 night, or longer routes that have redundancies in items.

For the latter, at least if you miss say, a Steel Ball in Avenue, Forest will have that.

Spell amp has weak item diversity. Despite there being like 9-11 gemstones in the maps, you're probably only gonna get them at beach or Pond, usually. Meanwhile you can build all sorts of physical damage bullshit by day 1 Night start and start murdering AMP builds. I've seen luke builds practically missing 2 purple items, the rest being incomplete recipe items by the time I get into Avenue by Day 1 night.

>>378052
Beach is a very dangerous 3rd, maybe even 2nd zones at times (especially when there's a Lennox) only because of it's proximity to Hotel tree, which is where alot of fast builds always rush there for their Glacials or Skadi's. If you dont have escape or the MS to avoid then, you're megafucked. You'll see this more often when you start playing ranked.
>>
>>382012
>Spell amp has weak item diversity. Despite there being like 9-11 gemstones in the maps, you're probably only gonna get them at beach or Pond, usually.
This is pretty on the mark in general, beach and pond are popular because you can get both gemstone and pickaxe/hammer for either ruby or gold. No one wants to hit cemetery if you need like 3 golds because it's a nightmare for inventory management, and outside of temple, the other places with gemstones also have pickaxes.

I find my routes consistent, just that they can be really crowded, if I start with someone else in Archery and they also want to hit School 2nd, it's gonna be a gamble as to who gets the spawn closer to gym if you're heading for the alley teleporter or the school's 'courtyard' if you want to go hotel 3rd. I would just like to have more possibilities open overall so that I can actually be smart about my starting point depending on the lobby.
>>
>>382035
They should just remove flat spell amp. It's just an unhealthy stat.
>>
Do you guys think IKeepItTaco is telling the truth about him not being paid to play the game?
>>
>>383211
Absolutely. All streamers who participated in the emote event had streamed & played this game before. Even guys like Alexich & k3soju.So yeah, having their emote in the game is enough payment. Taco in particular from what I saw on his recent ERBS streams is even enjoying the game more or less. He is fucked by absence of matchmaking like every one of us, but other than that he was having fun.
>>
>>383460
It’s nice to see some of the big streamers taking an interest in the game
>>
>>384987
I don't count on that. There is no "interest". To be precise, there might be some kind of genuine interest in the game from guys like IKeepItTaco and Scarra, but this ordinary interest conflicts heavily with their business interests as a streamers. When Taco streamed ERBS for the entire stream, he had less than 1k online. When he streams League, he's consistently around 2k. When Scarra streamed ERBS specifically, he had 3k at the peak, 2k on average. When he streamed his usual games he had 6k peak and 3.5k average around that time. Their viewers already know what ERBS is and don't give a shit about it. They don't want to see it. So it's useless to hope.
>>
>>385380
I think they're all paid.
>>
>>385380
I agree with this a lot. People who've seen it aren't interested, and if I recall Scarra had a lot of gripes with the game and that view gets passed onto his viewers. It might barely survive in Korea post-Early Access but anywhere else just seems like a lost cause. I can't even speak out about the game being dead or ask about future plans of promotion because it's "propaganda".

It's a real shame because I want to enjoy the game but if the future of it isn't bright, why invest the time?
>>
Eva landing page, premiere in an hour: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/4774365228850655158
>>
>>386163
Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>386163
Unoriginal LoLux clone. Next.
>>
>>386171
If anything she’s more similar to Velkoz
>>
>>386152
Yeah, it's not hard to see why people get filtered. I don't even want to get back into the game now that I found something else that my friends are also willing to play with me.

It's a shame when they doubled down on the "crafting" part and made "RNG" items more mandatory to win . Now there's even more autistic PvE in my PvP video game
>>
Patch notes are out: https://playeternalreturn.com/patch-notes/0-39-0/
>>
>>387007
Why the fuck would they do this
>>
>>385682
>some guy: "extend the twitch emotes since a lot of streamers didn't stream often or at all. This is a once in a game's life chance to get the emotes"
>GM: "I'm looking into this! The duration was a little short as we have a Korean event happening and I'm slightly disappointed at the turnout of the streams. I'll keep you posted."

I think the GM mentioned it during the first rounds that steamers weren't obligated to stream at all and had to be asked to stream more. Doesn't sound like a contracted obligation, that or they didn't set up a good minimum time required. Can't even get their promotional shit correct kek
>>
>>387115
Probably based on Stats. https://playeternalreturn.com/stats/
>>
File: loldeadgame.png (71 KB, 401x145)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Is it finally over?
>>
300NP coupon compensation for patch fuckup: WorkHarderNN
>>
File: (2).png (2.24 MB, 726x809)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>387590
>>
>>355933
>get fucked and I don't know why
>repeat 50 times
yeah I'm filtered, if the win condition is about speed running your items and them smooth brain damage dump then I'm out
>>
>>387667
Ah yes the recent month gain. Did you know last month it had a gain as well? And then next month comes around and it's negative again.

Take "Last 30 Days" with an actual grain of salt. It'll be negative coming September.
>>
>>387840
It's more about how the game has had its population solidified to a certain amount of players.

I think it's not going to be dead but it's not going to suddenly become popular. KR love it and most Westerners don't. NN are happy to build a niche game for a niche audience based on their Dev letter back in Febuary or sth.

It is what it is, sucks to love a game that doesn't seem to love you back tho
>>
eva is an abortion
>>
mobas just don't work as BRs
>>
>>388114
This one could, but it would need to be completely overhauled.
>>
>>388114
For people who came from mobas for sure. But those for whom mobas don't work themselves, might enjoy this game instead. No teammates, no lines, etc.
>>
>>388159
for real, it's like they made the whole item building so needlessly complicated and never implement a full build DM mode to hide the game's horrible combat or something.
>>
"hotfix" patch: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/2967296416604913234
i know NN is king at retarded balancing but this attempt to reel back eva is comedy
>>
>>388255
wow cathy was gutted. I'd rather they just remove eva entirely, she's the dumbest shit i've ever had to play against
>>
>>388195
it just feels wrong for it to be so heavily based on the stat stick you just built instead of having some neat maneuvering and outplays
>>
>>388357
don't say that or people will tell you about that one time someguy with full build miss all of his abilities and they killed him
>>
>>388358
Though that's might be a bit too harsh , there are skill involves to turn match-ups in your favor. But there aren't any easy avaiable mode that let people practice combat with each other. So you need to find somebody to practice against you in custom games.

And this just go back to how the game is so unaccessible to the average players
>>
I want to like this game but I just can't. There's no room for skill based victories. It's all decided by your loot and level. No amount of being clever can win you a fight where the opponent got ahead of you.
>>
>>388534
Think about it. Where does loot and levels come from? There's a lot of skill, but it's not a simple mechanical fighting skill. It's the meta skill of knowing where to go, whom to fight etc, so that you can always be ahead of the competition. And once you're ahead fighting is easy. This game is an epitome of my favorite Sun Tzu's quote: "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win".
>>
>>388557
too bad majority of sun tzu teachings are obsolete and irrelevent in today's age lol. no one does this anymore
>>
>>388557
I just expect more combat than spreadsheet and loot route optimization.
>>
>>388568
He might be obsolete in the West, but not in Asia. This game is made by gooks so Sun Tzu teachings work perfectly well in it!
>>
>walk into alley on night 1 at full build
>walk to console to get vision
>eva jumps out of a bush, Ws me and Rs
>die in 3 seconds without even getting the chance to auto her once
What a balanced champion
>>
>>388572
leave, free yourself, the game would never get better if that's what you're looking for
>>
File: 540964.jpg (44 KB, 800x251)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>Queue for a normals game in the middle of the day
>Meisroy, Passant, WrathKira in my game all on their mains
What the fuck is this shit man? What are these fuckers even doing in normals on their mains tryharding their ass off? I thought ranked was suppose to stop this shit from happening
>>
>>389688
Ranked is dead during the day and the player count is shit. Pls understand
>>
I can't get a win unless I'm playing Jackie
>>
>>389688
At their rank. They pretty much get no games in ranked.
>>
Notice how the american streamers stopped streaming ERBS once the emote drop event was over for them. Totally paid.
>>
>>391064
Notice how Wingsofdeath, Metaphor and Soju never streamed despite having their own emote. It clearly indicates that Nimble Neuron don't buy anyone, just offers them to be presented in their game. Some streamers agree, others don't give a fuck.
>>
File: bianca.jpg (1.03 MB, 4096x2409)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
Best girl announced. Waiting for November.
>>
>>391323
>Best girl
>Mullet
Terrible taste anon
>>
File: bianca.gif (608 KB, 400x300)
608 KB
608 KB GIF
>>391323
Fucking finally, I've been waiting so long
>>
>>391064
at least the cute japanese vtuber i follow (naruserin) is still playing.
I just have zero will to play with shit like Eva in the game
>>
Just got 9000 coins from a tutorial that I apparently never did, which character should I get?
>>
>>393115
Wait a week until Eva is 8020 instead of 9900.
>>
>>393125
What about any other character than Eva?
>>
>>393078
Are the current nerfs to Eva still not enough? Or are you people just monkeys just running at a straight line at her?
>>
>>393132
https://trello.com/b/VUtjO0n6/er-roadmap for other planned reductions
>>
>>393115
What characters do you enjoy playing now?
>>
>>394521
JP.
>>
>>394521
I enjoy Adela and camera-man, but I feel like maining an actual melee character could be fun.
>>
>>394795
Wait for Daniel. GM_Aesop said he has a day and a night form.
>>
>>395058
When is Daniel, after Bianca?
>>
>>395113
He's quite literally next werek on the 1st of September PT.
>>
How come no one ever uses a Tux? Seems OK on Hyunwoo?
>>
>>395167
It all depends on the builds people go. Sometimes it's good sometimes people transition out of Tuxedo into a different chest piece.
>>
Daniel preview soon: https://twitter.com/_EternalReturn_/status/1432233362022748169
>>
>Let's see how ERBS is doing
>hop in a match
>get all my gear over 6 minutes
>strongest guy in lobby appears in my line of sight
>no way to fight them, no way to escape
This game will have no future if there's no fucking way to know how to improve or what you're doing wrong, and the fact that walking into the line of sight of a good player is instant death takes it over the edge into feeling like a waste of time.
>>
File: alreadyhasnofuture.png (58 KB, 724x284)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>396084
It already has no future anon.
>>
>>396084
Yeah BRs feel really fucking shitty when what determines a win is 80% stats and 20% technical ability. There's room for a little strategy when it comes to movement around the map but the strategy isn't focused where it should be
>>
>>396084
>the fact that walking into the line of sight of a good player is instant death
This is a good thing. The bad thing is that you and the good player are in the same game. But that's not a matchmaking problem, that's a dead game problem (no playerbase).
>>
>>396092
Post the updated one nigger
>>
File: hasfuture.png (33 KB, 741x148)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>
>>396512
ty based SA, how long til yoda gets tired

scissorman landing page: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/2963919441290443684
>>
>>388557
>>388534
It’s because the designers are incompetent. There’s no room for outplaying when every abillity is basically just damage attached to a clunky skill shot.
>>
>>396570
KR also became alive due to recent Twitch Rivals event. EU and NA are dead. EU as usual, NA died out in Season 3. Part of it is Averse switching to Naraka and Rhinne to Pokemon, but when everything depends on 2 players/streamers it's a sign itself.
>>
Daniel patch notes: https://playeternalreturn.com/patch-notes/0-40-0/
Pistols still in the gutter
>>
>>396686
You mean damage attached to a skill shot isn't a normal thing??
>>
>>397646
He means no point in playing this shit when League exists.
>>
>>397649
No point in playing any game when League exists.
>>
>>397651
No, there are plenty of reasons to play games that aren't badly designed clones of League from imbecile gook developers.
>>
how do you fix the game?
>>
>>397744
easy be an american developer
>>
>>397649
No solo mode with 4 screeching monkeys
>>
>>397744
the game has pretty much been designed to appeal to a small minority ( hardcore moba players who are mentally scarred by teammates in League , strong desire to invest time to research and master game mechanic ). If there's any major flaw it's that such hardcore gameplay requires 18 people for a single game to take place so most server will have hardcore players waiting forever for a game and the casuals aren't interested in filling a lobby where they statistically get shit on the majority of the game
>>
>>397899
No wonder the game is constantly losing players every single day. Its own toxic community will kill itself.
>>
>>397940
Eternal Return has one of the best communities I've ever seen. By community I obviously don't mean this thread, lol, I mean streamers & their chats, official discord and official reddit to some extent. I would argue that ER English speaking community being so good is maybe the main reason why the game still hasn't died out completely in the West. Game is losing players because the game itself is toxic. Bad game design where stats & equipment mean everything and outplay potential is next to non-existent is the foundation. Sweaty meta slaves speedrunning their routes which they learned by heart after hundreds of games are the second layer. Low player base after many turns of vicious circle of players leaving because of long queues, bad matchmaking and ranked being dead is the surface that constantly repels new players and continue the vicious circle. This game works like a well tuned machine in a sense, producing the stable negative outflow of players. Constant flow of new content and wasted money on paid streamers are trying to compensate for that with diminishing success. Either they run out of resources or marketing and new content would stop to work entirely, the result is still gonna be the same. Game that has negative player retention can never stabilize, let alone grow.
>>
How's Jan? He looks fun
>>
>>398070
He's OK. It's been 4 balance patches since he came out, he is average by now.
>>
Who voices Nicky? That goddamn voice, its so familiar
>>
>>398373
Some gook lol. There's no english VAs in a gook game.
>>
>>398048
Interesting to see somebody sharing a similar sentiment.

The popular narrative among the fanbase has always been the game being well-designed and just need to throw more money into advertisement and e-sport scene.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (1.96 MB, 255x192)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>generally avoid mobas, BRs, etc
>out of games to play however
>pick this up and choose a character
>actually winning some duo normal matches and having fun
Maybe the character I'm playing is OP or normal is ez mode, but I'm enjoying the game so far.
>>
>>398474
>Duo
Lucky bastard
>>
>>398048
New players also are shit outta luck when it comes to finding reliable information. In game values are vague and unhelpful, guides on items that become outdated as they get tweaked or new items get introduced, and any character change. This player hemorrhaging is caused by so many issues, I really can't see the money solutions saving the situation.

Did Immortal Soul befall the same fate?
>>
>>398048
i like the game but i also hate it too you look at someone wrong then you die in 5 seconds
>>398538
well theres the discord for that i guess
>>
>>398447
I have a troll account that I keep below 600 MMR. I use it to play absolutely unviable troll builds like +max HP item in every single slot and do random stuff like cooking Fish&Chips for the entire game instead of going for kills. I was interested in seeing how the game looks for the actual scrubs. And you know what? At the very bottom the game actually does look pretty fun and doesn't feel like bad design. People are missing items left and right at night 2, fights are longer and not so one-sided, and most importantly at the very bottom outplay does exists. Unfortunately, once you improve a bit and start getting placements high enough to leave the protected pool, you're instantly in the world of speedrunners and meta slaves. Suddenly all variability poofs, "loot faster" and "run top builds" are the only 2 real things you can do to noticeably improve your results. I'm still not entirely convinced that the game is fundamentally flawed in it's design, but game design definitely plays major role at it. But the bigger problem might be just the absence of the "middle ground". There are total scrubs and there are players who loot fast and run meta builds. The next big step is "know match ups", but that's a really big step (shitton of stuff to memorize and experience) and while it separates decent players from average, it's still not nearly as impactful as "loot faster" and "run meta".
>>
UHH, HELLO??? QUEUE TIMES? I'D LIKE TO FIND A MATCH.
>>
>>398986
Try a different game maybe?
>>
File: fuck.jpg (81 KB, 1920x802)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>2nd day
>now can't win a single game
>>
>>398743
When Hart was released she could be played as AMP,ENAD,crit,regen and do decently on any fo them even though half her kit are useless. Not to mention every character has an option to go full traps to cheese games.

Now old characters got gutted and new character shoehorned into 1-2 builds. Anything playstyles outside of the one they actively balance around are so fucking bad they're not just suboptimal but you might as well shoot yourself in the face trying.
Combat is mediocre already but there's no meaningful environment for the population to practice and get better at so most of the fights when they're not one-sided statcheck are boring as fuck.
>>
>>399044
Maybe you got out of protected elo
or maybe you stopped playing against bots
>>
How to counter chess master?
>>
>>398048
>drawing on its RTS roots, genre is entirely about struggling for dominance
>majority of the time is spent grinding against pve systems
Same reason league sucks, and why it’s in a death spiral. The only time pve grinding in a pvp game is acceptable is when it is long term and laid back, or directly in competition with enemies. The latter is obviously why RTS work, or weapon pickups in halo/quake. the former why, as an example, runescape pvp works, despite being barely functioning in terms of gameplay mechanics, being a Java game. Could go on but fuck it I’m tired, why can’t there just be a fun game without stupid autism
>>
File: 1487182622094.png (14 KB, 398x372)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
That Duo Tournament run by scaz is such a joke. Their competitive scene? All bads. Job of being an esports announcer must be the easiest job in the world when the gooks working on the game don't know what to look for.
>>
>>399625
400 viewers on the first official NA tournament in a while also says a lot. But there were some new names at least.
>why can’t there just be a fun game without stupid autism
Because being an autist is a prerequisite of being non-casual gamer. I hope you aren't gonna say there aren't enough games for casuals.
>>
>>399630
LOL THE KOREAN TOURNAMENT STARTED WITH A-COIN DROP TOO. Triple the viewership.
>>
>>399625
what do you mean whats wrong with it?
>>
File: Jan_W.png (19 KB, 90x90)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>398070
He's pretty solid. The buffs to his awful mana costs helped him a lot. His main route (Dock > Chapel > Cemetery) is strong and puts you in a great position to fight for first tree in cemetery at minute 3. If you get positive RNG and make good time you have 5 completed items and blue boots before the tree spawns, which is absolutely overwhelming for other characters that wanna fight you for it. Pick up an extra lighter from dock on start for Phoenix Glove and teleport to hospital for cotton glove and tights and you're done. Jan is completely nuts with Phoenix Glove so just start griefing the hell out of people and contest objectives once you've got it.

If you low roll or just have a chaotic tree fight you can't win bail and rat for the next one. White Claw Punch is ok but Jan lives and dies on if he can secure Phoenix glove. Like many other melees he does struggle with ranged but he does have the tools to lock them down for some clean hits once he's in. So basically he's a high roll character, but in my opinion its very easy to hit the high on him.
>>
>>399747
Everything. From what I saw on stream. You guys couldn't even use the Studio Mode on OBS or whatever streaming tool you guys use to not show editing. Seeing a Live button move around on screen made me laugh if that's how you guys operate on a professional level.
>>
>>400174
im not with them i asked because i did not watch it
>>
haven't played in half a year, quick rundown? read some thread and game still seems dead with metafagging and first-weapon-any% as core gameplay mechanic, also is tankwoo still viable and did they nerf Adriana into the ground, very important questions
>>
>>400528
>did they nerf Adriana into the ground
Yes.
>also is tankwoo still viable
Yes, more than viable, but less than S-tier.
>metafagging
>core gameplay mechanic
Absolutely.
>haven't played in half a year, quick rundown?
Lots of new heroes, so despite metafagging game is still more diverse. Speed boost when moving between zones until Day 2 (faster build routes and easier early game escapes). More Tree of Lifes and meteorites. Mithril is now a guaranteed drop from new NPC that spawns at Day 2. More loot and containers in every zone. Guaranteed every item in the zone from adjacent ~5 containers in every spawning location. Revival mechanics for team modes. That summarizes it I think. In general game does become significantly less RNG-dependent and you die less to early game griefers. Most builds now have numerous end game upgrade options. But early to mid game is still completely dominated by meta, 1 or 2 viable builds at max for every character. Lots of old and fun to play builds are completely destroyed.
>>
/mygirl/ concept art released
>>
>>400884
>character that literally just came out is getting in before Mai
Bros…
>>
>>400884
She's cute, and her gimmick from the first game seems like it will translate well to this one. Just hope she isn't another pistol character, there's not a lot of AR and Sniper characters but plenty of pistol users.
>>
>>400973
Don't worry, there are only a few characters left and they already confirmed multiple times they're gonna port them all.
>>
>>400813
>Lots of old and fun to play builds are completely destroyed.
Damn guess I'm not coming back if I can't fuck around with axe Jackie, I remember losing 10 games with 0-1 kills only to get that one good game with 3-5 kills. I only played with random shit I put up one the go.
>>
>>401044
Axe Jackie is actually meta right now, lol.
>>
File: EtF18e_UwAIfJ4g.png (54 KB, 1620x1620)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>401052
You're probably talking about auto attack, I only played tank/spell amp hybrid jackie with Harpe. Unless I'm wrong, I don't really trust the wiki for info with how rapidly the game gets updated. I was planning on coming back once it comes out of early access, if the game doesn't die before that.
>>
>Devs don't want to make patch changes each week
>Gut Zahir's damage in a hotfix

I'm fairly mad because in high elo normals I didn't really see him often.

>Make Azure Dagger a 3 zone item when it used to be a decent 2 zone item to rush and maybe change later.
>Have to buff it since no one uses it now
Amazing insight. I really want to see the usage rate of Petal Torrent after the change. At least Sudarsana is really nice now.

I'm torn on Grimoire, the hex is great on Sissela since your passive will proc it but it has 0 stats. Switching into Death Rune + Schrodinger's/Music Box felt worse somehow, Mystic Jade Charm is too strong.

Have a Sua for your trouble.
>>
>>401057
>Harpe
Another funny thing: Harpe is precisely the meta now. But it was reworked completely.
>>
>>401018
That’s true, but every reveal is another two weeks Maibros have to wait :(
>>
dogshit
>>
Stopped playing around June, is it worth coming back?
>>
>>402655
Tutorial was revamped to be a lot more understandable than it was previously before. Though, if you already did the old tutorial, you won't get Yuki and Hyejin for free.
>>
>>402655
Game is better now, but we have even less players (longer queue times).
>>
Sissela!
>>
havent played in a while is the game even deader now?
>>
>>403482
Yes. It got a really small increase last month but it's still a lot worse than it was months ago. It's still trending downwards in general.
>>
File: smile.png (11 KB, 339x145)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>403482
>>
The ERCS Duos tournament started a while ago.

https://www.twitch.tv/nimntnrw
bleneuron
>>
>>404734
Wow. I dunno how I typed in the captcha there.

https://www.twitch.tv/nimbleneuron
>>
i want to kill nn devs
>>
>>405647
what for
>>
Jenny’s 3D model is out, and her spotlight is in a couple of hours.
>>
>>406336
Out now yeah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrWf1FEE8NU
>>
https://playeternalreturn.com/patch-notes/0-41-0/

neat qol, but no fixes for playerbase numbers

ded
>>
>>407349
Bandages have been moved from Factory to Alley, by the way
Begin rerouting now to get ahead of the pack
>>
>>407349
>No more starting matches with 5 in Factory
>But lemon custard and curry have been removed from the game
>>
>>407428
Doesn't exactly curry favor with the curry enthusiasts.
>>
>>407643
kek
>>
File: 3.png (1.8 MB, 1000x1455)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>407349
I do wonder how much longer they're going to ignore the low player count in regions outside of Korea. There's been no advertising for the game outside of Korea yet but I'm beginning to get worried about its future if it can't secure a solid playerbase
>>
>>407866
It's been said they weren't going to push advertisement in other areas in masse yet until they go 1.0 which is slated for this year. Most likely after Bianca's release. They don't weanna do mass ads until they're comfortable.

Every other mass of players was a test run of smaller ads what to possibly expect.

They've been gauging small ads (very small and very sparse) to see how it affects playerbase
>>
>enemy finds me
>throw down oil slick
>throw molotovs
>turn on flamethrower
>die anyways because enemy just walks past them and kills me

Bros, how do I play Adriana? This character has eluded me for months
>>
>Like a char but I suck so much with it.
>Hate a char but I'm actually decent/good with it.
Does anyone experience this?
>>
>>408995
All the time. This game is the epitome of "main bad".
>>
>>408995
I have 100+ games in most characters I play and have <10 kills total with all of them except Nadine
>>
>>409190
Eh I wouldn't worry much about having less than 10 kills. Check the leaderboards on dak.gg. People's average kills are usually below 3.
>>
File: Sissela.gif (4 KB, 80x80)
4 KB
4 KB GIF
>>408995
Only partially. I really like Sissela but missing one single E skillshot is absolutely punishing and I just end up getting steamrolled. If I play Zahir I can mostly roll my face on the keyboard and people die, although I do enjoy playing him.
>>
File: 1560258884637.gif (1.99 MB, 272x281)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>355933
>only characters that got my interest are Shoichi, Xiukai and Alex
>the three are at 3 bars of difficulty
it's gonna take a month for me to get good with just one of them isn't it,
>>
>>408995
>Really enjoy zahir but have horrible aim
>Isol would be my perfect character if I can goddamn remember how to build traps along my route
>Xiukai's visuals are very boring for me but I do great with him
Not with my main thankfully but yeah it kinda sucks at times
>>
>>409472
Xiukai is easy as fuck, he is three starts only because you need to know food recipes aside from item recipes. But actually you need to know only like 3 or 4.
>>
File: 1626403440542.gif (262 KB, 226x224)
262 KB
262 KB GIF
>>355933
I don't get the meta of this game, is this a game that relies mainly on economy and knowledge rather than mechanical skill to win? every match is a snowball fest in which 1 guy completely dominates the match
>>
I was just playing ranked but now it's saying unable to find match?
>>
>>410240
To clarify, I'm playing on NA. Aren't solo ranked servers supposed to be up all day?
>>
>>410217
At middle to high it's not that often that 1 guy completely dominates the match. On the bottom level it's common, but everyone's so bad you can actually beat the "dominating" guy.
>>
>>410258
They've been shitting the bed with a ton of bugs, so they had to disable ranked and a bunch of other shit
>>
>>410282
by middle to high he prob meant 1% of the playerbase
>>
>>410562
I'm pretty sure he means silver players and above
>>
>>410217
Yep, and the worst part is once you get good, and are playing against other good players, it’s just running in circles looting as fast as possible.
>>
File: 92509703_p0.jpg (467 KB, 2300x1385)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
This game has a surprising amount of art on Pixiv.

Source: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/92509703
>>
File: echion.png (2.77 MB, 4250x2500)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB PNG
Echion was confirmed a couple of days ago: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/5208965764557615328
>>
>>413249
Poor Maifags.
>>
>>413306
Mai fags be malding.
>>
>>413493
>>413306
Stop
>>
>>413249
Nice was waiting for him
>>
>>414469
Now you wait even longer. He's not until December.
>>
>>414665
He'll be my b-day gift from NN then
>>
File: chiaraglue.png (150 KB, 341x418)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
How is picrel? Does she have ways to not get rings ran around her anymore?
The last time I logged into the game was to collect the Arbiter skin for her since they give out premium currency for nothing
I'd have a lot to re-learn if I played again

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.