[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 136 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gay crematorium.jpg (193 KB, 916x1030)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
Dumb gay coders edition

>Links to play it:
http://www.byond.com
https://secure.byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13
>>
Tried out UnityStation. It was really laggy and clunky but if they polish it then it could be some serious fun. They're undoing a lot of /tg/s nerfs and axing of stuff and actually kinda going in the complete opposite direction of /tg/.
>>
>>352980
>the complete opposite direction of /tg/
That is great news.
>>
>>353154
I originally thought it was going to be shit when I saw the videos of the clown crashing space shuttles into the station. Thinking it was too stupid and OP. After seeing what those fucking retards on /tg/ are doing I realized I was just being cringe.
>>
>>352517
Why is the community so antifun? Did the normies find it or just usual shitheads?
>>
>>353589
I blame reddit, discord, and furries.
>>
>>353589
Attention whores and whining autist are the reason why this game is going to shit on all servers. Even Lifeweb wasn't spared from it
>>
>>353886
Yep theres legit no saving any of the servers once in the case of lifeweb someone got logs of a tranny metagang discord server posted it in the pubic server and gave it directly to hydrated and..... nothing happened apart from the tranny getting mad and kicking 20 people out of their metagang and remakeing the server
>>
>>352980
>released on steam
Nice to know SS13 is officially dead despite being a cancer riddled husk for years now.
As soon as normies take over it will be filled with subhuman russian retards and the usual faggots. God have mercy on our souls.
>>
>>352517
this was particularly absurd on terry where people are screaming nigger faggot every 50 seconds
w*steroids really were a mistake
>>
>>354793
>SS13
>Not filled with Russians
Do you even play the game? There's more Russians in this community than there are Westerners.
>>
File: mushroom wojak .jpg (111 KB, 1121x1614)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>354793
>russians
>bad
They literally made the drug addict cunny rape sim version of SS13
>>
>>355293
It's actually more of a semite problem
>>
>>355335
Prob just some NPC who's script see's F2P/Steam and immediately thinks Russians in Dota 2 and CS:GO
>>
>>355304
>>355335
The other kind. Did you ever play video games?
>>
Join reikstation serb: byond://74.91.112.84:55555
>>
>lrp lowpop server
>I'm the only sec on
>catgirl lawyer is being a shitter and tabling people in the bar
>wait until they do it again
>they do
>since I'm the only sec on and it's a fast server I just stunbaton them once as punishment, arresting would take too long and they'd probably just escape anyway
>tables me and immediately starts spamming move keys to try and robust me
>set them to arrest and leave
>later over comms they're stuttering while begging the ai to take them off arrest
>getting notifications from beepsky at the same time that he's arresting a scumbag
lmao
>>
>>357581
Beepsky is always based. Another fun thing is to put someone into the armory and leave them to die at armsky's chain-batoning.
>>
all i do is mine when i play this everything else is too hard. what server so you guys play on?
>>
>>357617
Miner is based. I recommend you bring a toolbox and dig out the rooms hidden around on the asteroid. You might get lucky and find a facehugger. Let it latch onto you and kill you and bam you've just made aliens a part of the current game. Other cool stuff to find is weapons.
>>
maldaris is still a massive raging faggot with no friends
>>
>>352517
Is the tranny issue still massive on the game? I remember a couple years ago it got completely infested and the game was basically unplayable.
>>
>>357596
>>357581
On Kiwi the shitter situation was so bad I use to just build turrets in medical and set anyone who was being a faggot to arrest. Medical was fairly shitter free after that.
>B-b-bbro
That server was based because it had no jannies. There was one exception where a sec executed a shitter for shitting everywhere, and he cried on Discord until a jannie job banned the sec. That sec was a shitter but it was mild compared to the shit I was seeing on the regular.

>>357680
Yeah it's really bad. Even if you look at the SS13 spinoffs you're guaranteed to have 2-3 trannies in the coders. Kiwi was the last server I remember with a decent pop, was English speaking and didn't have faggots breathing down your neck for saying game words. We even got to see a server on here cave in because of drama started by trannies.
>>
>>358037
Can you remind me why kiwi died again, was it because the owner stopped caring? Cause I don't remember it dying due to shitters or trannies and I remember that it still had some pop before it died.
>>
>>358037
what server went down from tranny's?
>>
>>358107
The owner stopped paying attention to the server because he was being sued. Eventually he pulled the plug.
>Cause I don't remember it dying due to shitters
even withoutt tat the shitters were killing it for sure. Anyone who played servers that slowly bled out before knew it was going to be basically empty eventually. It pretty much was already at that point with 3 players or less most of the time during it's last few weeks.

Things like self-antagging murderboners who would kill the entire station and hold the round up for 2 hours with everyone dead multiple rounds a day slowly killed the pop. The meta-clique in medical was guilty of that shit too. I remember several times where I would be dead for +1 hour with my sensors on but the faggots in medical were too busy pimping it out and sucking eachothers dicks to check the crew monitor. They would constantly delay the round and recall the shuttle because, as long as medical still had it's lights on, they weren't moving.

>>358134
Boomer. They merged with wasp and the trannies on there started a shitload of drama with the owner for not having SJW rules until he just gave up and dropped it.
>>
kill transstuff
>>
Bee has some very funny diseases, like artificial blob spawning when you die, sanguine germs that go out of your body to infect more people, necropolis seed that makes you immune to lava but drop a tendril chest on death. Much better than /tg/.
>>
>>352517
What should I know if I should try this game?
>>
>>364527
X switches hands. Most important hotkey.
Alt+Click opens stuff, like boxes in yoru backpack, so you can open shit without having to pull it out of your backpack.
Once you get those down the game becomes second nature.

Assistant is secretly the hardest job
>>
>>364568
How is assistant the hardest job, I heard it's one of the best to start out with. Is it somehow difficult to master or something?
>>
>>364584
It's because no one takes you seriously, because you don't have a job to guide you on what to do so you're very lost on that part at the beginning, and because you do not matter to the station so even if you die you probably won't be revived as fast as other jobs.
Choose a job that seems fun and read the wiki for that job or ask your co-workers to explain to you how to do your job. Don't be afraid to turn on antag roles after a few rounds because you truly do get better at them by failing repeatedly.
>>
>>364527
don't bother the only people left who play it are spiteful autists and troons.
>>
>>364584
Best starter is janitor, just wander the station learning the layout while cleaning shit, or fixing lights and broken windows learning the basics of construction, with no one breathing on your neck rushing you into learning the game and getting shit done.

Second best might be cargo. Accept orders on the computer, drag the crates to their destination, and mess around with the controls or with any toys you order for yourself while waiting for the next order.

Some servers have ghost roles where you can reincarnate as a robot on a derelict station after death. It's a good oportunity to mess around on a "sandbox" and practice engineering guides like basic construction or wiring solars, but it'll also usually be pretty lonely.
>>
>>364584
If you play anything besides head, sec or med you're fine.

>>I heard it's one of the best to start out with. Is it somehow difficult to master or something?
Only if you're on a server where people have patience for new people (Never). In reality:
>Start out with nothing but the basic shit everyone else has access too
>No access to anywhere except maints the easiest place to be murdered
>No one wants to deal with you because you're either a clueless noob or a god-tier shitter who's bored
>People get way madder at you when you steal/grief than they would at a clown for some reason
>No one cares if you die, sometimes a head will murder you just for lulz
You play greyshitter when you're bored and just want to fuck around. Stealing shit to pimp out their hiding place in the maints, breaking into places no one really cares about but are high security or just straight up flying out into space in a ghetto space suit to find whiteship.
>>
>>364945
Botany, Cook, any service job falls under the category of "No one cares and any braindead retard could do it".
>>
>>364945
>Best starter is janitor
>Play a job where you have no one to explain shit to you and spend most of your time in places where it's easy to get murdered
Just as bad as the assistant meme
>>
File: 1592176715431.jpg (76 KB, 600x452)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Oasis just merged with White Sands. Right after the last owner went on a huge rant about how Boomer merging with Wasp to make White Sands was a huge mistake. The cancer keeps spreading
>>
>>365095
Well at least it'll be fun to hear about all the petty drama that generates in a few weeks.
>>
>>352517
A stupid question, but is goonstation just one group of power playing admins trolling every round? It's ridiculous to play there and getting ganged every time you get a problem with these snowlfakes. What's a good server despite /tg/?
>>
>>365582
Bee lrp doesn't have that much metagaming and powergaming compared to the other servers. It still exists and is very visible but it's less obnoxious than /tg/ and goon. It's often lowpop, though.
>>
>>365584
Thank you, because goon is just admin abuse at this point of a few autists trolling around.
>>
>>352517
New to the game why do so many people dislike icebox station and all the other snow stations?
>>
>>365925
because they're a fun gimmick that ends up getting old and annoying
>>
>>353886
Lifeweb is just ss13 cliques taken to the extreme, the game is just small groups playing in their own bubble and retards one-upping eachother for discord likes.
>>
>>366082
>No that <insert server> is bad
>Play the tranny servers instead
Every time.
>>
>>366695
I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually the only good server left, I'm just stating facts.
>>
>>365584
Played some and liked it. Thank you, i think i found my server.
>>
>>365095
the current host is on his last leg with the server, 9/11 is about to be another redletter day for the community
>>
>>367341
Last I remember WS had a bunch of furries and trannies that the previous owner tried to sweep under the rug and pretend weren't there. Oasis seems full of people with a politically incorrect sense of humor. It's like I'm watching 2 trains on the same track about to ram into eachother.
>>
>>366848
aaaand bee lrp is going to be taken down because c*ders can't maintain both lrp and mrp servers at the same time. Well that's their excuse anyway.
Guys, you got any lrp servers to recommend?
>>
>>367474
I wouldn't worry too much about it. None of the remaining white sands staff are interested in policing humor. You might get moderated on the discord if you try to start a 1488 riot outside of their designated shitposting channels, though.
>>
Should've included "ss13" in the op
>>
>>367504
>Guys, you got any lrp servers to recommend?
Well at this point I guess none. Wait to see where the people who leave bee lrp go to
>>
>>352517
/vm/station when?
>>
>>367474
>Last I remember WS had a bunch of furries and trannies that the previous owner tried to sweep under the rug and pretend weren't there
I really regret taking the placating route and not btfo-ing them when I had the chance. Hearing how they're treating the people I got to know that are actually good people but also just wet paper towels kinda sucks. It's a lot of exactly what you expect when you hand emotional 12 year olds the reins of a community. They splintered off from WS awhile ago thankfully. I'm not involved anymore but am close friends with the current host, and it's been kinda fun to hear the goings on through a filter, if not just immediately validating that I'm not the only one who got treated like dogshit for doing it for free for a bunch of actually emotionally stunted retards.
>>
>>370285
unless we can get any amount of c*ders who know what the fuck they're doing, there's no chance of this being successful imo. The perpetual problem you run into while hosting a server is "why would I play yours instead of XYZ server with these unique features or the same features you've got on yours?" And even then if you're just doing /vm/station, is /vm/ really that alive of a board to sustain a server?
>>
never ever host a fucking ss13 server
>>
The game's inherently fucked by the long round timer
Only an autist, NEET, or kid would be OK with spending potentially multiple hours on one round of a game
>>
File: bug.png (186 KB, 1278x468)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
has anyone experienced this text bug and fixed it? I could probably play with it if I had to but my autism doesn't even want to consider that a possibility.
>>
>>371159
Nope, but do the usual clearing byond cache and restarting byond. If that doesn't work then delete the game files for the server so it redownloads them.
>>
>>371370
Aren't the game files for the server in the cache? Or are they stored somewhere else
>>
File: 1620507080742.jpg (88 KB, 960x899)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>352517
i play life web
>>
CM is shit lmao
>>
>>364960
Janny is a self-antag like the clown. You are doing it wrong
>>
>>363346
That's the one thing I miss the most from Bee. I think that one of their coder is an extreme virology autist that keeps writing more and more diseases. Good lad.
I saw that they killed their LRP server a couple of days ago. Would have been good news if their MRP server was actually MRP and not just shitter central.
>>
lol
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (115 KB, 593x647)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>373667
C*ders.
>>
what is the point of this fucking server if the ponies are admin spawn only
>>
File: 1460017622581.jpg (61 KB, 530x623)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Today is the last day of beestation LRP (Golden). The coders don't want to code for it and the admins hate admining it. I do not know why really but regardless there will probably be events before it dies so come join the death of a server.
>>
>>374209
What's that other server, White Sands or whatever? Maybe I'll check it out this weekend.
>>
>>374209
good, fuck beestation
I'm banned from it anyway
>>
Ex tg admin from 2015, ama
>>
>>374300
How many admins are trannies on tg?
>>
>>374329
Roll a 1d6 for every admin and add them all up.
>>
>>374329
Not him, but there are only 2 confirmed I know of, but basically all of them are lefty troon lovers, there is a gay furry admin as well.
>>
File: 1459467854786.jpg (225 KB, 595x842)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>370475
>if not just immediately validating that I'm not the only one who got treated like dogshit for doing it for free for a bunch of actually emotionally stunted retards.
This is a lot more common than you think. E-celebs do it all the time: Yandre-dev does it, all the content creators on TGWTG/Channel Awesome did it for free, social media sites in general, etc. Just saw it happen to a guy on Gmod. Self-absorbed ungrateful man-children with no self-awareness are the masters of inflicting battered-wife-syndrom/sunk-cost-fallacy on others.

>>366082
>>353886
That sucks to hear. Lifeweb is the only server that seems to understand that the best way to improve the game is to add shit not remove it. It also helps that the shit added actually looks fun and intersting.

>>370483
This. Once the game gets past 1 hour it starts to get old. After 2 hours it starts to get cancer.
>>
>>377634
>This is a lot more common than you think. E-celebs do it all the time: Yandre-dev does it, all the content creators on TGWTG/Channel Awesome did it for free, social media sites in general, etc. Just saw it happen to a guy on Gmod. Self-absorbed ungrateful man-children with no self-awareness are the masters of inflicting battered-wife-syndrom/sunk-cost-fallacy on others.
This is the problem I keep coming back to, because when it wasn't all about corralling the few shitbags ruining it for everyone else, there were good times that made it worth it.
The good news is though that I've figured out a way to make a better SS13 by breaking the mold pretty significantly, and have started work on it.
>>
>>366082
>Lifeweb is just ss13 cliques taken to the extreme, the game is just small groups playing in their own bubble and retards one-upping eachother for discord likes.
Makes me wonder if the trannies and redditors are mad at him for not letting them infiltrate and take over his secret club like they have every other server, or if it's because he's beat them even at the one thing they're good at.
>>
>>370483
>/vg/station rounds were the perfect time for their own
>furry discord trannies spammed the threads and the d*scord for weeks at end
>now even they don't play often and if they do it's literally just them doing absolutely nothing standing in bar using the server as their private chatroom
Gatekeeping!
>>
>>355356
Noone likes russians. You're annoying and you look mongol.
>>
In the interest of discussion: anyone seen this video/have any other insight into the nerd slapfight going on between MSO and the "/tg/" station coders? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YPt25uHyGA
>>
>>379914
Hahahahahahahahahahahah c*ders on suicide watch. Finally some good fucking news. Though I'm sure this won't fix tg in any way at all, it will always be fun to laugh at the fags that have ruined tg.
>>
>>379914
Basically the server host trying to powergrab from the coders.
>Code change that has a title calling "Botany" "otany"
>Change is deleted instead of just having the title renamed
>Everything is fine but MSO gets really autistic that it was deleted not renamed
>This guy absorbed a ton of power over the years for completely unrelated reasons
>Decides to abuse it, attempts to force a new coding standard on everyone
>Head coders undo it and remove MSO's powers
>MSO hosts all the /tg/station servers so he disables auto updates and the ability to update them
>Argument about whether or not the code should exist dependently or independently of the actual /tg/ servers
>MSO just says "Fuck you I'm in charge now"
>Bunch of coders get butthurt and go on strike
>Video claims he's being unbiased but tells MSO to growup and says he's being a child multiple times

Wow. It's like when the otanist asks the hemist for unstable mutagen, but the hemist doesn't comply so the otanist decides to steal the spare chem dispenser the hemist isn't even using, which causes the hemist to go completely fucking nuclear when he finds out. I still don't understand why the coders are mad at MSO. If they're really independent from his servers then they shouldn't care if he disabled their access to them as they're independent.
>>
>>379914
>Locks out coders
>You are actively hampering the experience for the playerbase
Quite the opposite.
>>
Im mad that I discovered this game so late. If I had known about it 10 years ago I think I would've had a good time but now it just seems filled elites and autists as mentioned by others. Also, fuck admins lol. The rounds are short enough that you should be able to do anything
>>
>>380274
>I still don't understand why the coders are mad at MSO. If they're really independent from his servers then they shouldn't care if he disabled their access to them as they're independent.
Because in addition to their inability to code anything not retarded, they can't host themselves.
This is a common open-source problem: he who hosts the site, owns the site. Doesn't matter who owns the org/repo at the end of the day. I cannot fathom why they thought MSO was anything less than in charge.
>>
>>380421
>This is a common open-source problem: he who hosts the site, owns the site. Doesn't matter who owns the org/repo at the end of the day. I cannot fathom why they thought MSO was anything less than in charge.
It's just free shit in general. Faggots take it for granted. Kinda goes to what I was saying here >>377634 with manchildren being the kings of inflicting battered-wife-syndrome on people they're mooching off of. It seems to me MSO realized he was getting the raw end of the shaft and the stupid emoji shit was the straw that broke the camels back.
>>
File: TOXINSONFIRE.png (363 KB, 640x404)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>379914
Another literally who drama over 2d spessmens spaghetti atmos simulator. Who cares. Shit's been dead since 2012.
>>
File: ss13 server for soyboys.png (357 KB, 499x1235)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
For anyone wondering why SS13 sucks now, basically Reddit and normalfags flooded into it.
>"wtf i die not fun unbalanced!!"
>New Pull Request
>"wtf he say nigger"
>Admin Help
>>
Are there any decent servers left?
>>
>>380922
/vg/ is alright but stale. Otherwise I recommend to try out the various servers that only come online a few days every week like the WH40k one, just to try them out and see if you enjoy them.
>>
>>364584
Assistant is actually the easiest job since you are basically given a license to grief since most admins don't care how much you grief other players as an assistant.
I like to play security and horribly murder assistants for this reason, since it makes me laugh at how much they cry about it.
>>
>Nantes were removed
They're literally just axing off parts of the game. No wonder that host cut the coders off.
>>
>be me
>teach my friends how to play the game on Colonial Marines by making them light cigarettes and get food in cantina
>Admin DMs "Metagaming is not allowed"
>I tell him I am teaching my friends how to play
>Admin says "You need to communicate everything through RP"
>I don't, and keep teaching my friends the basics of the game in voice chat
>You have been given a warning for metagaming

Haven't played ever since...
>>
>>355335
Full name of game for research purposes?
>>
>>384923
Lifeweb and if you didn't know what server he was talking about from that description alone you're not going to get in lol
>>
>>384819
How the fuck are you supposed to convey Game controls through chat? What the fuck?
Is there a single LRP server left?
>>
>>384989
Yes, the /tg/ one. Terry. But it's a shit one and you won't be able to learn how to play Colonial Marines there. Some servers use LOOC and it can be used for teaching new players without RPing, but I've never used it myself.
>>
File: oasis.png (336 KB, 338x254)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>365095
Something happened. Not sure what.
>>
looks like goob hasn't found this thread yet.
I think I'll stay here
>>
File: Ichiban smoke.png (403 KB, 431x512)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
Haven't played in a couple years. What's all this shit about trannies and tgstation? Is /ss13g/ fucked?
>>
>>386113
For some reason the coders at /tg/ think the best way to improve the game is to nerf everything and remove a bunch of shit
>Nanites removed
>Telescience removed
>Cloners removed
>Fusion removed (replaced with shitty machine)
>Plasmamen nerfed
>Xeno battery removed
I think I even heard talks of deep space ruins being removed too. Beestation unironically is better now.
>>
I used to play a lot of this game few years back
And I still don't know how to fucking atmo
Regardless It just start become super repetitive every round so I just stop playing
Maybe will pick it up again once ss14 finally finish
>>
>>384819
There is a OORC channel of whatever it called in that Serb
Where your chat only shown by near by people but you can speak out of character.
That is what you are suppose to use for such case
The admin should be telling you to use it
>>
>>386149
>Regardless It just start become super repetitive every round so I just stop playing
>Maybe will pick it up again once ss14 finally finish
SS14 is going to be way more repetitive than SS13. The devs are going to force everyone to cooperate by making all the jobs rely on eachother. They're also ripping out anything unique in the game like lavaland and space ruins. Every round is literally going to be exactly the same.
>>
File: tg coder.jpg (13 KB, 969x177)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>386145
Don't forget:
>wounds system that makes people micromanage their health after taking a bit of damage
>chemistry made more complex for stupid reasons
>space ruins loot nerfed so badly that no one goes exploring anymore
>oldstation/charlie station being nerfed by having their protolathe not being able to print the useful stuff and circuit lathe not being able to print any teleporting machine boards
>you cannot print a GPS anymore
>to get high tech energy guns you have to use a part kit on a basic energy gun
>thermal vision makes you blind after using it five times as it deals eye damage after every use
>xray mutation is gone
>hulk mutation hurts your arms when breaking walls
>you cannot shoot guns if you are wearing insulated gloves
>a third of technologies in r&d are locked behind experiments that require toxins or xenobio to do their job (which are often not done on lowpop)
>only about 5 or 6 items now give syndie tech (which isn't that useful anymore since nanites got removed)
>tesla/singulo are gone as engines and can only happen when the supermatter delaminates
>maint loot got fucked too
There is something to say about the fact that most of the PRs that nerf stuff get downvoted a lot on their github but the coders really do not care about what their playerbase want.
>>
>>386232
I think Bee doesn't have all the nerfs right? It's basically /tg/ from years ago.
>>
Can we talk about lifeweb here?

This party a bunch of Baccusites infiltrated the fort and randomly changed the sex of a few people inside the fort, including a nun and the inspector.

There was also a sheriff calling Rahalians 'nigger' before shooting them.
>>
>>386337
Lifeweb seems like the only real SS13 server left.
>>
>>386311
Yes, it's so much more enjoyable. I've been going back and forth playing tg and bee after golden died and the contrast is amazing. One server is full of tedious shit made by people who hate fun and rage-nerf everything remotely powerful, and the other is meh but still much better than tg. Weirdly enough though, a bee coder told me they're even more serious about nerfing stuff on their codebase than tg but they just don't have the manpower.
>>
>>386419
>a bee coder told me they're even more serious about nerfing stuff on their codebase than tg but they just don't have the manpower.
Why are Western devs such cancer? It's like every single game has to be a shitty RPG.
>>
>>386232
I only play on /vg/
But I think the insulated glove nerf is nice
Otherwise literally every nigger will just have yellow hands like now
All the way from assistant to captain
>>
What's everyone's take on places like World server etc that were divergent in terms of overarching gameplay (ie. not just on a station, do job, try to avoid getting ganked by tatos)
>>
Can some fucking fag just start being a host already. I will be a wagie coder slave for you.

Just literally download an older version of /tg/ and host it.
>>
>>388160
Everytime someone hosts a bunch of shills from other servers start trash talking it. All the while posting pepes to fit in while their post is formatted like some Discord tranny bullshit. Just look at the thread from 2 or so months ago.
>>
File: E7Fz9cvXEAEIihp.jpg (478 KB, 2550x2109)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
What are your thoughts on Furry SS13 Stations?

Have you encountered one that WASN'T full of erp?
>>
File: 1602170490403.jpg (134 KB, 550x392)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>388272
>What are your thoughts on Furry SS13 Stations?
Haven't thought to play any of them but I wouldn't be surprised if they were better than the other non-lifeweb stations, furfag shenanigans aside, considering every decent server like Hippie, Kiwi, Hatestation and Oasis seems to implode or die out due to lack of interest.
>>
>>388160
I'm tempted anon, I really am. Watching Whitesands decay into its current dumpster fire after walking away has reignited the "I can do it better" itch I got with /tg/ when I first started hosting Boomer. It's really just a problem of engagement in a very saturated game. As much as I'd love to say the awful admins are reason enough to leave, why would someone go to a new server vs any of the established alternatives/downstreams.
I'm doing a rework instead in my spare time, starting with ripping out almost all the systems safe for the foundation of the /tg/ codebase (tooling, subsystems, etc), and beginning with basics like damage, armor, and healing/medicine. It's time this game evolved and had its next logical step. People say that's SS14/Unitystation, but that's just the same stale game in a different engine.
>>
>reeeeeee they won't let me say the n-word and be a bigot anymore its not fucking fair i am a manchild i need it reeeeeee dead game reeeeeee
Grow up.
>>
>>388160
old VERSION of goon*
>>
File: syndie.png (16 KB, 557x610)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>388375
>why would someone go to a new server vs any of the established alternatives/downstreams.
Double downing on the crazy aspects of the game like Lifeweb does rather than watering it down. Ironically White Sands was more watered down than /tg/ in most regards due to the rules and boomer economy just slowed the game down rather than making it meaningful. One of the guys on White Sands had a really cool idea. SyndieStation. Basically a Syndicate ran base on a jungle planet with shit like hazardous NPCs in the maints and the like, but also access to dangerous stuff usually only traitors have access to. Pretty sure each department was like it's own isolated company too which could even be at war with one another, with Sec needing to be the ones to keep the order. Shit like that gets people pumped.

>I'm doing a rework instead in my spare time, starting with ripping out almost all the systems safe for the foundation of the /tg/ codebase (tooling, subsystems, etc), and beginning with basics like damage, armor, and healing/medicine. It's time this game evolved and had its next logical step.
Just hope it's not on byond.

>People say that's SS14/Unitystation, but that's just the same stale game in a different engine.
Unitystation is a clone. SS14 is going to be a completely different game. They're redoing pretty much all the jobs. Shaft Miner, for example, is replaced by a job that scraps parts off blown up ships and ruins teleported onto the station in their bay.
>>
>>388416
>Entire thread is complaining about bad code changes
>Use gamerword scapegoat to cover up your shitty changes
Typical.
>>
>>388427
>Unitystation is a clone. SS14 is going to be a completely different game. They're redoing pretty much all the jobs. Shaft Miner, for example, is replaced by a job that scraps parts off blown up ships and ruins teleported onto the station in their bay.
So shaft miners stay on base instead of spending all the station's money and fucking off? Sounds based.
>>
>>388454
Ripping out lavaland instead of integrating it better into the game sounds pretty cringe to me. Look at what Lifeweb did. There was the city and then the caves outside of it and people could spawn as cultists and other things in the caves. That's much more interesting than just having a safety chamber everyone does the same shit every round in.
>>
>>388466

You should look into Lifeweb's Orbital Station 13 gamemode, it revolutionizes research, the role of the captain, logistics, adds extra challenges to engineering, "mining" (the pilot), adds a new role the "psionic councelor" tied to the mood system plus a child role (cadet) as a true assistant.
The race against time between the deadly meteor showers and the arrival of the fort dwellers makes for one neat package (that arguably gets a little stale after a while, but that's to be expected for a station limited to 12 crew members).
>>
About reimplementing station, look at this:
https://github.com/EdgeFortress/OSS-13
>>
>>388499
Lifeweb main design is not to create "gameplay" but to tell a story. The players are supposed to be an actors. This is what makes it different. Roles and mechanics are just a decoration in Randy's theatre of pain.
>>
>>386337
How does one get into lifeweb?
>>
>>388730
You have to erp with one of their admins on discord.
>>
>>388599
>Lifeweb main design is not to create "gameplay" but to tell a story. The players are supposed to be an actors. This is what makes it different
Then what are all the trannies nerfing and deleting everything to force RP doing?
>>
>>388842
Firstly, they follow the vision of an insane headcoder about what gameplay should be like, and secondly, they hate fun. It does not help that they also hate half their playerbase as the coders who make the worst changes all come from the MRP server and dislike LRP and those who play on it. Cross server rivalry are the norm.

I have recently talked with an MRP only player on bee about what is fun about SS13 and it's pretty interesting. What they liked is meeting new people, getting to know them, befriending them in game and having fun socializing while playing mindlessly. That's what they told me is the most fun in this game. What I like is the insane situations that can happen, having to try with all my might to win a fight or outsmart people, even dying in the process is fun if something crazy happened.

To me it seems like they want to have the game be like facebook where you just talk to people and share hobbies or stories but nothing ever really happens. Maybe after a while they get bored and one of them remembers he's a traitor and goes to do his objectives then goes back to doing his job. They're not really trying to force RP, they just want others to talk to them in game. They kill whatever RP there is by knowing everyone else on the station and what the others will do.
>>
>>389047
What you described is literally how I perceived the SS14 situation.

Thing is everyone else just lost ambition for the game. I suspect it's because the people who can make something good move on in life, while the losers who use it to make internet friends stay behind and inherited the community. Why invest a shitload of time/money into an obscure dying game when you can make your own game or do something that actually makes money? When interesting content isn't getting added then people who actually play the game for more than just a chatroom start leaving. That's also the death knell for most servers that try to splinter off and bring back the old glory days of the game. They don't add or do anything interesting.
>>
>>389047
>>389061
Also want to throw in that these coder faggots always try to talk into a faux super professional tone just like Chris Chan does.
>>
>>388272
ERP isn't the issue, it's the rules. If I can harass a furry then all things are equal.
>>
>>388375
Stop trying to reinvent the fucking wheel.
Currently there's not a single fucking LRP SS13 server with a more vanilla codebase (old /tg/).

"um achksully-" No if you can't say nigger it's not LRP, it means the admins are not cool and will eventually ban you for being too robust.

No one wants anything that new or novel we just want SS13 back, not some shitty idea guy version of it with gimmicks.

"Stale" is a buzzword. People are happy playing de_dust2 and ctf_2fort for well over 10 years. The mindset you have is the same that /tg/ troon coders have. "um if i'm bored of it... everyone is".
>>
>>388235
t. boomerstation host
>>
>>389259
Tell me with a straight face those frog posts weren't astroturfed by some Discord faggots. Pretty sure they were from the Boomer/White Sands own Discord too considering how that whole thing ended.

>>389256
>Currently there's not a single fucking LRP SS13 server with a more vanilla codebase (old /tg/).
MerchanTGuild is. And it's empty most of the time.

They always bleed to death. Boomer/White Sands was basically old /tg/ with a few shitty gimmicks slapped on, although it did have a cancerous no-fun ruleset. Kiwi wasn't old /tg/ code but the complete lack of jannies made up for it. Hatestation was so old it even added telescience back before it bled out too. It's the same cycle. Veterans come on to play for like 2 months then all quit. The game needs something new. I agree that it can't be shitty gimmicks though like reworking the damage and medicine.
>>
>>389282
>>388235
>discordfags post discordfrog
wow how can this be happening
>>
the REAL reason all lowrp servers have failed recently is because they lack hippiestation's fart/butt systems which causes all serious RP/no-fun players to scatter.
>>
>>389299
They were already filtered when lings and self-antags murderboned them 3 rounds in a row for lulz.
>>
>>389282
The "cycle" you post about is literally retarded nonsense. People will play classic SS13 over and over.

>Hatestation
Died because of the host's retardation. Funnily enough it survived lots of drama and autistic diasporas but it was only when the host, Gitgud, changed the codebase to modern /tg/ that the server officially died.

>Boomer/White
"died" (it was never even a thing here) because it was infested with a bunch of Discord metafriends. You should know this since you were the host.

>Kiwi station
Died because the host didn't give a shit to keep hosting it for some reason. Probably too distracted with the Chris Chan incest saga at the moment.

>MerchantGuild
Admittedly I know jack shit about this but I can guess it's probably dead because the Ssethtzeentach Discord was deleted.

The game is addictively fun and people love introducing friends to it. I've been playing this shit for close to 8 years and I love it.
>>
>>389324
>Died because of the host's retardation. Funnily enough it survived lots of drama and autistic diasporas but it was only when the host, Gitgud, changed the codebase to modern /tg/ that the server officially died.
Hatestation 2.0 hosted by NegroidRemover had a pretty sizeable population and also was the one that brought back telescience. I rode it to the end. It started with +30 players at peak hours (not even gamenight) 15-20 average, but it slowly bled out till it was around 5 at peak. Basically the murderboners got bored and left then everyone left until it was the same 5 autists building giant projects.
>"died" (it was never even a thing here) because it was infested with a bunch of Discord metafriends. You should know this since you were the host.
I'm not the guy who is talking about redoing the medicine and armor who is actually the host. I've just seen so many "Classic SS13" servers slowly bleed to death. I think you're full of shit but also semi-agree with you in that redoing trivial shit no one cares about like the health system wont change anything.
>Died because the host didn't give a shit to keep hosting it for some reason. Probably too distracted with the Chris Chan incest saga at the moment.
If you played Kiwi for 5 minutes you'd know the host was being sued at the time because it was in OOC chat constantly. KiwiStation was shut down in January months before the incest Saga even started. I rode it to the end. It basically just started bleeding population until it could only get 7 or so people at it's peak hours. Eventually the host just shut it down.
>Admittedly I know jack shit about this but I can guess it's probably dead because the Ssethtzeentach Discord was deleted.
I still see it getting posted in various places. No one plays it because the game is stale.

I didn't even mention Oasis, which is basically where the remnants of Hippy's population went. They couldn't even muster up the population to both hosting outside of the weekend.
>>
>>374300
I am an ex-tg admin from 2019/2020.
Hi.
>>
>>389355
what made you quit?
>>
>>389380
burned out, and after I felt like playing again the codebase had gone further to shit.
>>
File: biodome.jpg (258 KB, 1300x959)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
Kinda want to elaborate more on the SyndieStation shit I mentioned earlier in this thread since it seems like it had potential. Wonder what you guys think about it. This is the jist of what I remember:
>Station is collection of biodomes on Jungle Planet with hostile mobs everywhere
>Maintenance is underground and mice are replaced with hostile mobs that occasionally tunnel in
>Departments aren't connected aside from maintenence, split up between corporations: Sec, Med/Sci, Engineering, Service/Supply
>PVP between departments is more common place, sec is suppose to keep the peace
Theoretically every department would be able to start a war of attrition against one another since Med/Sci controls research/healing, engineering controls power/atmos and service/supply controls materials and exotic stuff. Meaning if one department acted like faggots the others could gang up on them. It might just end up being total pandemonium every round though. Hazards would be way more common place too.
Probably wouldn't do it on byond but SS14's engine looks appealing once it's usable
>>
>>389426
How about no sec at all, since trying to police people is what made the game unfun in the first place. I quite want an insane station where the only goal is to survive and do anything you want but more than just simple battle royale stuff.
>>
>>389496
Overthrowing sec is fun tho and not hard at all.
>>
File: 1619221782882.jpg (193 KB, 623x414)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>386232
i remember someone suggesting that coders need 20 hours of playtime a month to submit a pull request and they all fucking chimped out incredibly hard at the idea because 20 hours is so much time to be playing
how many new shitty systems and nerfs/removals have gone into place by coders who have literally never even booted up the fucking game at this point? dozens?
>>
>>389600
>i remember someone suggesting that coders need 20 hours of playtime a month to submit a pull request and they all fucking chimped out incredibly hard at the idea because 20 hours is so much time to be playing
Kek it's like when Smash players chimped out about bathing being too expensive. Stealing that idea if the time ever comes when I'll need it.
>>
>>386232
It's kind of fucked that these retards continually gut the game despite never playing.

I remember when xenomicrobes were removed, shit fucking sucked.
>>
>>386113
/tg/station became slowly infiltrated by furries and faggots over the years, which meant they had to change server rules to stop users from hurting each other's feelings. They also became much more PC and changed the name to TGstation to disassociate themselves from 4chan.

SoS stopped being host after acting like a powertripping cunt. An0n3 is still around hiding under a furry alias because of latent narcissism. Kor fucked off forever because apparently he was being stalked or someshit.
>>
>>389618
>SoS stopped being host after acting like a powertripping cunt
The most recent host MSO is going on a powertrip as we speak. >>379914 Honestly don't really see how this could be a bad thing. If it goes south well I already wrote off /tg/ and it does nothing but hurt Oranges. If it goes north it might actually make /tg/ playable again. It's already causing a lot of butthurt amongst the faggots who ruined the game so that's already a big plus.
>>
>>389615
>furry faggot removes old R&D because it was shit and replaces it with techwebs
>theyre awful and all you do is idle and click a fucking button occasionally
>promises there will be more depth to it
>never gets anything new
>barely has anything now except for a pity system to deconstruct certain things for some extra points
>circuits get removed (justified), readded and gutted and are completely worthless
>xenobio never does anything neat because it takes 3 hours to get everything online and rounds end in 20 seconds when some tranny's metafriend dies in an explosion
>robotics has been left untouched for ages and mech code is so old and shit that youre gimping yourself using one
>genetics has been hit with the nerfbat so many fucking times that the amount of useful things it does can be counted on one hand
>toxins makes one really big bomb that takes 2 minutes to do for 50000 credits/science points and then either fucks off for the rest of the round or griefs
i think the only department in TG that has gotten better over time has been bartender/chef and arguably botany
>>
>>389639
>toxins makes one really big bomb that takes 2 minutes to do for 50000 credits/science points and then either fucks off for the rest of the round or griefs
Toxins feels seriously underutilized. They added a machine that you put a bomb into. It unlocks more research and I think it's required for higher tier stuff. It seems like the solution for everything now is to add machines that you put shit in to get powers but no actual meaning itself. That's what they did to atmos. Fusion is literally a machine now the simulation aspect from gas mixtures anywhere is completely gone. Hell half the science jobs are basically playing around with machines for OP powers but not actually adding anything meaningful to the station.
>>
>>389649
nearly every job is incredibly boring now where youre just sitting at a computer clicking a button occasionally
the only ones that feel fucking cerebral are chemist using pipes to mass produce shitty cobbychems which is a post in and of itself, miner and service jobs
and the jobs which have some actual tact and interesting mechanics to them get nerfed a million times by brainlets who dont understand them or gutted by a coder who hasnt even seen a round on a server. see: every single stun nerf to sec
every antag in the game gets 1 click instant kills or stuns but sec has to shoot someone 35 times in the leg with a disabler that has 8 shots in it to stamcrit someone. some asshole can chug coffee and bully sec for hours without recourse
engineering has no incentive to actually make the engine output tons of power or do anything wacky because the default setup is good enough to power the entire station indefinitely which leads engineers to just pick the job so they get tools and supplies to build autism forts
>>
>>389653
>engineering has no incentive to actually make the engine output tons of power or do anything wacky because the default setup is good enough to power the entire station indefinitely which leads engineers to just pick the job so they get tools and supplies to build autism forts
Actually the HFR (machine they replaced fusion with) drains energy like a motherfucker. That caught me off guard when I blacked out the entire station. It even starts to meltdown when it doesn't get any power which is cool, because I was forced to temporarily power the room with bluespace batteries to try and fix it. Genuinely felt like a race against the clock. The thing thing exploded and released all the gasses inside which were a metric fuckton.

Here's the thing:
Like fusion the HFR doesn't do anything meaningful. All the gasses you can get from it have no real use due to massive downsides or are only good for traitors. The rads are fun but old fusion already created rads.
Despite doing nothing meaningful HFR is a massive resource drain. Energy, gasses from limited gas miners now (which I'm fine with), etc.
HFR usually takes half an hour to setup if you're speed running it just because of the hydrogen. My best time was 20 minutes. Regular fusion took me10 max. Building the machine itself is just tedious busywork.
The maximum boom you'll get FOR A NUCLEAR MELTDOWN is like a tiny SM delim
All the gas will be sucked out into space anyways because of hole in the floor

The whole thing is just completely self defeating. What good aspects it has barely matters at all. It's literally there because it's there. At least fusion could happen unexpectedly int he gas miners, pipes or canisters. I actually first discovered fusion because I was playing around with toxins and was wondering why glowing particles were shooting out of my canister.
>>
>>389658
>At least fusion could happen unexpectedly int he gas miners,
Meant to say in the turbine.
>>
>>389658
yeah and thats unfortunate because something thatd be otherwise interesting does absolutely fucking nothing
oh you sell a full tank of some obscure memegas for like 5000c per mol which is cool and all but it has no practical purpose. even using it as a traitor wouldnt be as efficient as pumping supercooled plasma through the vents and then throwing a match into the hallway
bring your fusion gas to the engine? cool it outputs 5 gigga niggawatts now and instantly kills tiders trying to cut grilles but it does nothing
>>
>>389661
>yeah and thats unfortunate because something thatd be otherwise interesting does absolutely fucking nothing
Pretty much summarizes all the jobs that aren't Med or Sec.
>bring your fusion gas to the engine? cool it outputs 5 gigga niggawatts now and instantly kills tiders trying to cut grilles but it does nothing
At least that's something more than just magic items and money to buy magic items with.
>>
>>389658
>drains energy
Just set up some of the rad collectors from the SM near the HFR. It powers itself. There's also different fuel mixes now, including plasma/oxygen so now the longest part about fusion is making the cooling setup. I do agree though, the old version was better.
>>
>>389700
Not 100% sure since it's been a while, but IIRC even if you surround it with 6 upgraded rad collectors it still drains energy at higher power levels, but I might be wrong. The rad collectors also adds more to the setup time in a server where rounds last 40 mins-1hr tops. It's just really retarded that it drains so much energy while providing absolutely nothing with a shitload of setup time too, when the old one just happened naturally.
>>
>>384819
>I don't
stopped reading
>>
>>352517

What do you think of Ashen Sky, ss13 STALKER?

https://github.com/Vallat/Ashen-Sky/wiki
>>
>>389888
Has no pop whenever I see it active. But am hoping to see random boosts in population like Civ13 tdm and Warfare. I think its still in development though.
>>
>>389767
Last time I gave it a go you only needed 3, and you probably shouldn't be on the power levels that require that much energy, since I'm pretty sure they don't have any benefits above 4.
>>
>>390030
Maybe they buffed it. I remember using it when it was first added and it ate up a shitload of power even at low levels, then they released an update that just broke the thing for a month. Still kinda gay they replaced normal fusion with that thing.
>>
>>390353
I wish instead of just moving fusion into only the HFR, it was still possible to do some fusion outside of it. The purpose of the HFR is to allow for more precision of the reaction/control of the gasses within a fusion reaction, but it also cut out many other parts of fusion that made it possible to grief and made starting fusion slightly harder than the old version. I will say though, I'm very glad they made that change that makes the parts of the HFR start in boxes that you can move around and only takes ~1 minute to set up the construction.
>>
>>390377
>I wish instead of just moving fusion into only the HFR, it was still possible to do some fusion outside of it.
I agree. My biggest gripe with new fusion is it rips out part of the sim aspects of the game. Instead of making it part of the gas simulation, which made it extremely open ended and unpredictable, you just pipe shit into a machine. It really reflects how the coders see the game now, which is why I also brought up the Toxins research thing in a negative light earlier.
>I will say though, I'm very glad they made that change that makes the parts of the HFR start in boxes that you can move around and only takes ~1 minute to set up the construction.
How does that work? Last I played all the raw materials you needed where on a table so you still had to manually build everything by hand. When factoring setting up the pipes too it was a massive time sink. Is the thing pre-assemebled and you just have to choose were to go?
>>
>>390420
There are some items called "HFR corner" and "HFR core" etc. that look like cardboard boxes. You place them where you would've built their machine counterparts, you then multitool the center box and the HFR appears.
>>
>>390422
That's nice. I remember the setup time was the real deal breaker for me.
>>
File: 1548720015793.jpg (81 KB, 1000x800)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>365582
Yes, they bully randoms all the time and do not follow their own rules.

>mfw permabanned from Goon
>>
As someone who enjoys forming bonds through difficulty I'd fix the game by adding character skills and maybe stats.
Remove the ability of everybody being able to do everybody else's job, introduce skills so that you have to rely on other crewmembers to do their work.
Make the environment dangerous through hazards and hostile mobs.
Introduce a time-gated event the crew must prepare for, like a player-controlled mob horde or a pirate incursion.
I also like Lifeweb's "security" system, where the fort guards obey the baron's tyrant law, if he feels like breaking someone's bones he can easily order it. The only contrast is the Inquisition, who act as a counterbalance to the baron's excessive cruelty. It'd be nice to see a SS13 version of this two-way system.
>>
>>390458
>As someone who enjoys forming bonds through difficulty I'd fix the game by adding character skills and maybe stats.
Personally feel like this is one of SS13s strengths. You can randomly whip out your engineering knowledge as a non-engineer to do something clever, like I would be a doctor and hack the air alarms to scrub for miasma since atmos never did it. I would rather go further down the path of extremely deep mechanics that require you learning them than RPG systems you see in literally every other game. That stuff is pretty shallow
>Remove the ability of everybody being able to do everybody else's job, introduce skills so that you have to rely on other crewmembers to do their work.
SS14 is increasing the reliance on others (not through skills tho) and it sounds awful. There would have to be serious counter measures or steps someone could take so that they wouldn't be totally fucked out of the round. I.E. the botanist is heavily dependent on chemists for unstable mutagen. Usually the chemist will just tell you to fuck off or you need such a large quantity that bugging the chemist would be too much of a hassle. There are ways around it though:
>You can grow your own mutagen (very difficult unless you have some starter mutagen)
>Some servers have mutagen in the biogenerator, so make super melons for them
>You can ask R&D for a chem dispenser board
>You can break into electronic storage and steal a board then build your own dispenser
>You can break into medical and steal the dispenser
>The chemical plumbing system was added on /tg/ pretty much invalidating all of the above as you can make your own

The other stuff sounds cool though.
>>
File: peepee.png (162 KB, 2894x2300)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>389639
>old circuits
Memories.
>>
File: adolf dripler 2.png (112 KB, 261x346)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>390458
Niggers like you want to take away all the emergent gameplay of SS13.

Why are you even on this thread? /tg/station is entirely catering to fags like you
>>
File: oDEd_ODQ_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
The last straw of /tg/ for me was when they banned jackriip for no reason, but now that i look back at it, i should've left long before that, probably when they removed tesla/singulo. Many fun times, and so much potential ruined by none other than trannies.
>>
>>391764
>for no reason
Now i don't know much about this topic, but he sure wasn't banned for no reason. At first he requested himself to be banned, and then appealed that. After that, he specifically broke some sort of rule about threatening to doxx an administrator.
>>
Anyone have good nuke ops/syndie art?
>>
>>391820
>Goes to discord
>Post screenshot of admin's reddit account, which has the exact same name and is very active on the SS13 reddit
>Jokes about doxxing him
>Gets banned because "uur, u cant joke about doxin, its in the ruuuels"
They just use that as an excuse to ban him. I'm sure many of those people hated him for murderboning.
>>
>>391977
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29165&p=601217&hilit=Doctorbrutality#p601217
>>
>>391978
>recently got fuckin permed for ACTUALLY doxxing and joking about doxxing.
>Screenshot evidence is just "Joking"
Man these reddit faggots all do talk the same way don't they?
>>
>>390458
>Remove the ability of everybody being able to do everybody else's job
This removes a massive chunk of the game, not even powergaming or being a shitter, because a large part of the game for people who have learned their roles, is to learn nearby roles and mix them if there's vacancies, if they're understaffed and need help, or if it's fun. And usually, it can be done without going into their departments, because everything you need to do a job, can usually be made for you

>>379843
EU vg station was really kind to me - it's probably the only time I felt like the station was actually cooperative and friendly until antag problems, the American timezone was pure fucking cancer, though, everyone hates eachother, statics and randoms. And so many cliques and admins defending them, holy shit. It's like their idea of ss13 is ooc arguing.
>>
Why is yog so gay?
>>
>>392402
Cannibal chef is an overdone gimmick but it doesn't warrant a permaban. You would probably get permabanned from any of the other MRP servers too though, because their rules for "self-antag" are absolute garbage. And even if you're an antag they don't let you do everything you want because of muh rp.
>>
>>392738
Overdone gimmicks are a big part of why the coderfags remove and nerf shit. Everytime I've talked to one they sounded bored of the game or downtalk fun stuff in that insufferable twitter sarcasm speak. They could've just added more shit to the game to create new gimmicks, but I guess that's too hard.
>>
>>392844
>They could've just added more shit to the game to create new gimmicks
That and they could also allow more light self-antags. It feels restraining to not being able to do a fun new gimmick just because you know the admins will ban you if you even try. Most rounds are incredibly boring, why not just allow one or two guys that are also bored to go against the station in some way. The admins and coders talk a lot about improving the interactions between departments and players but they never allow anything that could actually unite the departments.

In MRP antags have to be sneaky, no murderboning, no bombing the station too much, etc. Ironically the only two gamemodes that improve interaction between departments are war op (which is a frantic rush for getting weapons & gear) and revs (which they think is the worst gamemode). There are more RP opportunities in LRP servers than MRP servers, that is what I concluded. Of course, a LRP server in which there is only murderboning or bombing the station would not be very fun either but just having the freedom of doing more fun things that you want to do would still make it a better server than the boring MRP servers, assuming they're the same codebase that isn't the current tg codebase.
>>
Why are most bans permanent bans? I've been looking at the public ban websites of multiple servers and it made me bemused. They permaban for small stuff that should be just a day or week ban; is it admin policy to permaban and ask for people to argue/beg in forums if they ever want to be unbanned? I guess this could be why so many people ban evade.
>>
>>392927
Ironically turning the game into a chatroom sucks the actual roleplaying out of the game.
>>
>>392927
If I could get some coder fag to help me out, I’ve got a spare computer I could host a server on.
>>
File: moths on bee mrp.jpg (32 KB, 400x448)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
goddamn non-humans, tell me this isn't a metagang, all of them are statics are always super friendly to each others
>>
File: medbaymafia.png (1.42 MB, 1200x958)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>393279
Nah it totally is but metagaming is going to be part of the game just human nature. I use to antagonize and sabotage the medical wing on Kiwistation because the medical staff were all statics who meta'd by being friends to eachother while being hostile to newfags even talking about themselves like they were better than the rest of the server in OOC constantly. I realized later if they didn't do that Kiwi would just have absolutely no medical wing. Not to mention it was the only way to keep shitters from shitting up medical. I'd also be lying if I didn't say I avoided people who I knew were faggots and teamed up with people I knew would actually help me out.

The thing is those moths aren't contributing to the game at all. They're just sitting in a room chatting. It's a literal chatroom. I also wouldn't be surprised if they'd mob someone in OOC and call the jannies up if anyone ruined their autisitc teatime, even unintentionally.
>>
>>393526
I actually remember the people from there. From right to left
>Black Spaceman
Would be CMO if other medbay metas weren't on. Was the only one who was actually an admin but I've never seen him actually do anything (like all the other admins). I remember one time in particular I was a chemist blood brother with another chemist, who advertised that he was going to make meth instead of helping. Black, who was CMO, came in and said "Give me your badge" to which my BB tabled him and we killed him with a toolbox then threw him in the trash shoot while a horrified mime looked on. Mime just shrugged, figured it wasn't his problem and walked away (kiwi was like that)
>Dr. Tradwife
Was CMO most of the time. I think he was the one who taught the medical staff to nugget shitters. They were very vocal in OOC about how amazing the medical staff was. IIRC they were the one holding up the rounds for 2 hours pimping out medical. I think they quit because dead people were yelling at them for it.
>Hans Han-something
Was CMO if Tradwife didn't get it. I remember him being really chill aside from refusing anyone he didn't recognize from working on bodies unless the station was in total pandemonium.
>The guy on the couch
Forgot his name. He never really talked at all. Was usually a doctor or paramedic. Kinda just did what the others told him
>Reimi the girl on the magazine cover
Basically was medical's security. Was a total sperg who looked for a reason to murder, which I think was them RP'ing some anime character trope. Started as a Doc but if they were playing Bartender, Shaft Miner or something they would still hang out in medical to kill anyone being a shitter. I remember them having a feud with the village idiot Murdoch Murdoch of which there were 2 of.
>The girl in the wizard hat
Forgot their name. They were roleplaying as a mute who ran around trying to be cute and stuff, which I think is another anime trope. Only thing I remember is seeing their corpse in random spots.
>>
>>393526
>I also wouldn't be surprised if they'd mob someone in OOC and call the jannies up if anyone ruined their autisitc teatime, even unintentionally.
They hit the clown unconscious for intruding in their secret place in maint before sending him back to medbay so he doesn't die. I was sentient virus that round and since there weren't enough players on station to get the powerful symptoms I just got the one that makes cockroaches spawn from their faces. They kept yelling in the radio and acting all disgusted until the cmo and virologist cured me. It was fun.

I agree what they do is not really metagaming, it's just that they always are friendly to each others no matter what so I call it a metagang. So long as they only do it once in a while there is no harm but they were more than half the server population at the time of the pic and didn't want to include anyone else in their fun.
>>
>>393582
>it's just that they always are friendly to each others no matter what so I call it a metagang
Yeah that's what Kiwi's medical staff did even admitting they wouldn't kill any of the other medical meta staff if they were an antag target.
>didn't want to include anyone else in their fun.
I'll be honest I did this shit too with a ragtag group of greyshitters on one server. We just built a little utopia out of shit we stole in the maints, sometimes even adding onto the station with ghetto space suits. We didn't trust anyone because the server was full of murderboners.
>but they were more than half the server population at the time of the pic and didn't want to include anyone else in their fun.
That's kinda like a death knell for the server if it happens too often. I think that killed Kiwi's pop when half the server was having autistic teatime together and the other half was either dead or just isolated doing their own thing. That also killed the server my greyshitter gang was on since anyone who wasn't a greyshitter was isolated or dead. It's still nowhere near as the shit that happened on whitesands when faggots would join a round, vote change the map, leave and effectively kill the server because everyone else left.
>>
>>393592
Do you think that forcing random name & body would be enough to filter out those who want to metagang?
>>
>>393618
I've heard that been thrown around. I'm not saying it wouldn't do anything, however I would do random body, random name and sometimes random race. People could still tell who I was based on my playstyle. Plus metagangs usually all play the same job or same race. Those mothfags would probably still teamup with any moths they saw. The alien mafia was real even on Kiwi. In Kiwi's defense that was usually because everyone on Kiwi would try to genocide all aliens every round, so the aliens would usually band together and set up alliances behind the scenes incase shit hit the fa.
>>
prison station for ss14 soon
>>
>>393625
>prison station for ss14 soon
Whats that mean? Is it just HL2RP but for SS13?
>>
>>392402
Shitty admins slap permas at the first infraction. They don't realize that even the "best" players will go apeshit and grief occasionally.

If they just banned you for a few days that would ironically make you more likely to obey the rules. Where as slapping permas just makes you hate the server. Even more so if you try to appeal, because you'll probably have to do it multiple times. No one wants to bend the knee over some pathetic internet janny nonsense.

I once was greytiding on Fulp, and I was so robust that the admin had to teleport me STUNNED and CUFFED to the brig. I wasn't even greytiding that hard, I stunned the captain and took his ID because he was "roleplaying" for close to 20 minutes with the lizard HoP while neither of them addressed the huge line of people begging for ID changes. The teleport had no roleplay reason, not even acts of "god", just an instant stun + teleport. Ironically I kept escaping sec because I caused them to stun each other and had stolen the hand teleporter. The admin eventually gibbed me with no warning. I gloated on them in dead chat and left.

Later I told this story on Reddit, got a bunch of upvotes until one of the admins replied to me and linked the comment in his Discord to get a bunch of people to mass downvote it. Even though I wasn't banned, I told them I'd rather give another server a player. I later joined some furry server purely because they let me drop n bombs and be a tider, was a lot of fun. Months later I accidentally joined Fulp while connecting to random servers on the hub and found out that the Admin actually perma'd me over making fun of the server in a Reddit comment.

SS13 is a fucking mental ward, I love it.
>>
>>394071
Truly based.
Now the real question is, does clown spider has puss puss?
>>
>>394071
Based greytider. There was a furry server that allowed using the word nigger? Life truly is full of surprises.

>>394082
Do normal giant spiders even have one? I wonder if the furry 18+ servers have a policy about in game bestiality or something. Would not surprise me if they did.
>>
CM dropped in quality , all they have now is Tranny Jannies that ban you for making fun of them and their autism but let jokes about blacks and nazis gassing jews fly by.
>>
>almost 2 months
>STILL not /vm/station
>>
If someone is willing to host they have me as a wagie slave coder to program for them. Currently I'm working on a /tg/ codebase with old sprites and old mechanics brought back
>>
>>394500
I can maybe host it for few hours here and there
but im not going to maintain or spend effort into it when ss14 is less than a decade away
>>
>>394684
>less than a decade away
How naïve.
>>
>>394500
90% of the problem with the idea of a /vm/station is rules/adminning. Unless we're cool with just pure chaos, we need to decide what playstyle the station will be, what rules we're willing to play with, etc. If we can decide as a thread on that, /vm/station will happen.
>>394668
post github, if you're any good I'd consider hosting again.
>>
>>394742
>we need to decide what playstyle the station will be, what rules we're willing to play with
I vote for LRP/No RP and forced random names and bodies. No permabans, only week long or month long bans. Any codebase is fine so long as it's not current tg codebase. Sec being allowed to take matters into their own hands and not care about admins, shitters being allowed to be shitters and admins not caring about them. Allowing self-antags if the station is boring and letting crazy retards have their powertrips and RP fun insane shit like the captain declaring everyone for themselves or cargo trying to become space russia. Natural tensions and threats are much better than just someone yelling "VALID" upon seeing contraband on someone else and rallying half the assistants and sec to kill the guy with contraband, which is what happens on other LRP servers. That situation happens because no one but the traitors are allowed to do anything fun other than to kill "valids".

Lastly, do not allow anyone that is an admin on another server to be an admin on the /vm/station server.
>>
>>394760
>and forced random names and bodies.
Seconding this in particular.
>>
>>394760
>>394764
>forced random names and bodies
This would be my caveat for hosting tbqh.
> Any codebase is fine so long as it's not current tg codebase
Partial to the Whitesands codebase just for the new content it has compared to most codebases, but I agree no current tg.
>no self-antag rules
Make Sec Great Again.
>>
>>394771
>Make Sec Great Again.
I can already imagine the sec war crimes happening for the fun of it. Each day finding new fun ways to publicly execute assistants. On the topic of buffing what sec can do, please try to never nerf anything but rather buff other stuff to counter it if possible.
>>
File: 1605298294636.jpg (95 KB, 635x846)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I just got into farweb, what am I in for?
>>
>>394739
it still 2021
I believe it will come out before 2030
>>
>>394500
>I know what we need, ANOTHER dead classic /tg/ server
Oasis and Merchantguild are a pretty strong indicator of where this is going.
>>
>>395327
>NO I WANT SS13 THAT ISN'T SS13
Then play literally any other game tranny. Alternatively play any of the dozens of shitty servers out there.
>>
>>395565
>Thinks my point is that classic /tg/ is bad
>Not that there already is a classic /tg/ server
Do you have brain damage?
>>
Changes don't look too bad. Kinda seems like what everyone wants. https://github.com/The-Merchants-Guild/Merchant-Station-13/commits/master
Too bad it's dead. 2 max players in the last week. Even worse than white sands.
https://ss13stats.skullnet.me/server/dfbe56ee39baf4196c313ba9035e86b5e526914337ab863a3b019c89a74dbb42
>>
File: zambia test.png (277 KB, 490x431)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
Every fag read this post.

Most "deadpop" servers aren't actually dead, just that none of the people interested in playing are joining at close enough times to each other. Hosting SS13 isn't like hosting a normal game server. SS13 needs 6 people at minimum to really work.

If you want to grow a playerbase big enough that servers are highly populated at all times, you NEED to have a semi-established playtime hours that's highly visible. If you put the server link in the thread, include it there (and include timezone) .

Doing this will make players more likely to play on the time when they expect people. But don't shutdown the server, you miss out letting smaller community growing things like letting people teach their friends when no one's on.

>>395659
Fuck it, let's start putting Merchant's guild in the OP and start discussing meet up times
>>
>>352517
https://github.com/The-Merchants-Guild/Merchant-Station-13/commit/cf2c5311237de8bbafb6aa67f75d21d921bda1b7
One of the earlier changes was reverting the gay tiles from the OP kek

>>395740
>Fuck it, let's start putting Merchant's guild in the OP and start discussing meet up times
It'd be helpful if anyone was actually in contact with the owner or anyone who plays it to see if it'd get even more people on board.
>>
>>395211
>playing with brazilians
>>
File: 1605556175510.png (138 KB, 525x405)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>395901
Hm... lets look at these alternatives
>Trannies
>Furries
>Coders
>>
If I wanted to read I would read a book, not some 13 year olds posts in space station 13.
Fuck this game 0 graphics, 0 gameplay,
0/5 - Piece of boring text trash for nerds
>>
The hell happend to SS13? I haven't played in a few years, is every server nowadays run by some anti-fun discord retard? What happend to /tg/station?
>>
Merchant-guild actually isn't classic /tg/ like it was advertised.
>>
>>396006
Indeed, moth bro. It's full of tedious nu-tg shit.
>>
>>396061
Tedious really is the word. Making pipes work based on color instead of just layer and direction really over convoluted the shit out of it.
>>
Wouldn't let me rejoin again. Those changes..... Wow. The /tg/ coders really have outdone themselves.
>>
File: szkoda.png (25 KB, 546x598)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Tried /tg/ after a break. I used to be one of the most robust players there and now I can't do shit because (from antag perspective as I do combat only when antag, becasue everything else is baby mode):
>so called stun removal followed by removing anti-stuns (no adrenals, no maint sunglasses) and buffing flashes turned the game into "a validhunter hits antag with a stunprod once" = win, "antag hits a validhunter with a stun weapon" = nothing happens because there will be 5 more validhunters to fight by the time you can do anything to the stunned retard screaming ;HELP LOCATION over the radio
>even if it's 1v1 and you fully stun a validhunter and even if it happens somewhere in maint with no other validhunters nearby, most of the time you can't do anything because your speed when dragging downed players was reduced into shit, so you can be sure help arrives by the time you kill the faggot, especially when...
>passive damage when in crit seems to be non existant most of the times, leading to crit being a death sentence for solo antag, and a short waiting period after which you lose nothing for crew, just like new stuns
>somehow with cloning removed, people still can be revived within 2 minutes, so enjoy having to fight the same garbage sec player over and over because his body that you can't dispose of keeps getting recovered
>similarly wounds are a death sentence for solo antag while being a minor discomfort for crew
>stuns used to be the ultimate equalizer, making 1 vs many fights possible. if you are good enough you could stunlock all the validhunters coming at you and kill them one by one. Currently 1 robust antag player will lose to 2 garbage sec players
>decapitating sec even with esword/fire axe seems to be impossible unless you strip them
>there seems to be less antags, more sec and way more crew validhunters
>hacking was nerfed
>breaking stuff was nerfed
>literally every creative use of regular items was nerfed

could go on but hitting the post length limit
>>
File: sm shuttle.jpg (97 KB, 755x751)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>396147
Welcome to nu-tg, don't have fun. Hate the game, and the players. The only fun thing left for me is to make autism projects on lowpop servers.
>>
>>396147
>>somehow with cloning removed, people still can be revived within 2 minutes, so enjoy having to fight the same garbage sec player over and over because his body that you can't dispose of keeps getting recovered
Because medical was dumbed down to retard levels. You literally just throw people on a bed, use a surgery drape, scalpel and hemostat on them and afk while the game automatically fixes their body. Then do revival surgery. Simple. The only thing you have to worry about is organ rot, but if you get them to the stasis bed fast enough they don't decay. Also paramedics spawn with formaldehyde which stops organ rot temporarily.
>>
>>396156
There just isn't enough autism in the game for that stuff. It's why I never played Singulo station.
>>
>>396156
speaking about which, why did they turn SM explosions into tiny farts?
>>
Why don't we play farweb together for now?
>>
>>396592
I don't know but I'm guessing it has to be related to the fact that they removed singulos and teslas as engines and made them only appear when the SM blows up in certain conditions like huge pressure.

>>396596
I don't use discord.
>>
>>396592
I think it's still a big boom assuming merchant didn't un-nerf it. I was fucking around with a CO2 setup but got fucked by byond crashing. When I came back it blew up engineering all the way to the dorms. Maybe the default setup everyone goes to with N2 + Lasers has no blast radius.
>>
>>396596
Might play it. Sounds like it could be cool.

>>396638
>I don't use discord.
Do you need to join their discord to get in?
>>
>>396684
>Do you need to join their discord to get in?
>http://www.byond.com/games/ThuxTK/Farweb
>THIS GAME IS WHITELISTED
>you can only play it by accessing our discord server and requesting your Ckey in the whitelist.
Yes, you do.
>>
>>396684
>>396687

I just made a temporary discord account, got myself invited when apps were open and deleted it afterwards. I don't like discord at all either.
>>
>>396641
last time i saw it the SM explosion was 3x3 big with some floor tiles removed nearby

kinda hilarious seeing all these critical alert shit screaming for 10 minutes only to end like this
>>
>>396698
It depends on how it explodes. I don't know the exact formula but I know the blast radius is determined by a number of factors. The smallest explosions is usually from overpressurizing it without actually powering it, which some people do because it can create a singulo, but if you fuck up sometimes the SM just deletes itself and doesn't blow up anything. For really big booms you need to supercharge it which requires a CO2 setup, but if you supercharge it too much you'll get a tesloose although the hull will probably blow up before that happens from lightning arcs.
>>
File: 082228.jpg (2.12 MB, 2448x2450)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>Monna Logue flexes!
>>
Gonna give /vg/ a go tommorow, hope i can learn the game.
Maybe somebody will be my pAI coach.
>>
>>396991
Was actually on /vg/ earlier scoping it out. Seems really close to classic /tg/ actually, albeit minus a few features.
>>
Bee actually added something NEW, and it's good. Exploration teams go actually explore space, there are real dangers if you're not prepared and even if you are you can still get fucked by making mistakes, such as removing your headgear on a xeno infested station with facehuggers all across the station. Antags get easy access to guns there and can bring back aliens if they want more fun. It's refreshing to have to deal with new situations, to explore, to experience and learn new stuff. I'm actually having fun playing spess game.
>>
>>389649
Idea I had for Toxins would be to combine it with Goon's Telescience stuff and have Toxins try to figure out how to teleport bombs onto places like Syndicate outposts or Blob formations, which they could get special rewards for if they teleported the resulting loot back.
>>
>>397711
Saw the new update and now am interested again. But fuck me this game is a bitch to run on Linux. Ironic considering how autistic it is.
>>
>>397209
/vg/'s atmos is totally gutted and it makes me sad

>>397711
They added more space ruins? That actually sounds cool. Space ruins are peak comfy.

>>397722
That actually sounds really cool.
>>
>>397877
>They added more space ruins?
More than that: procedurally generated space ruin the size of a small station, full of enemies and loot. They basically added dungeons to space, and you get an objective to do like rescue a VIP, activate a nuke or bring back a blackbox or artifact. Once you complete an objective and go back to the station you get points to buy more supplies.
>>
>>397877
>/vg/'s atmos is totally gutted
most servers Atmos is totally gutted, I think /tg/ and Bee are the only places where Atmos isn't dumbed down severely and I hate it. SS13 as a game was literally built on it's Atmospherics simulation and it sucks to see so many servers dumb it down because retards refuse to look at the pipes.
>>
>>397903
That's pretty cool. So like the gateway but way more rogue-like?

>>397919
Whats worse is /tg/ totally ruined their own atmos because they added this shitty smart pipe system. Basically instead of worrying about what layer a pipe is on and what direction it faces, now you have to worry about what color too and the pipes automatically connect to adjacent pipes like the wires do. It's awful and made atmos way more tedious.
>>
>>397924
Yes, and infinite as you can accept missions infinitely.
>>
>>384024
Nanites were dumb and gay
>>
>>388333
tfw hatestation and hatestation 2 burned out due to the owner of 8/v/ being a gigantic retarded jew who kept thinking the SS13 players wanted to take over /v/
>>
>>398008
I think people just got bored honestly. The guys who would recall the escape shuttle indefinitely every round from deep space didn't help.
>>
Does Bee unban perma's? I'm banned from Bee even though I never played it. The server thinks I'm a ban evader. Prob because my Virtual Machine makes me out to be a ban evader
>>
>>398243
Ah that's a shame, you'll have to tell them that on their forums but I'm not sure if they will allow it. Is there any other way to play ss13 on linux without a virtual machine?
>>
>>398285
I'm gunna dual boot but I'm pretty sure my ckey is banned which is pretty annoying.
>>
>>398243
just evade it then
>>
>>398592
how does one evade a ban?
>>
>>398787
If the Ban is not a sticky Ban it's as simple as just making a new byond account and joining the server. Be warned that any faggot admin could still detect that the storage drive that your byond was installed on has had a previous account that was banned on the server. A sticky ban is the same thing as what I just said but instead what it does is ban the IP, the byond account, and the unique harddrive hash on your specific installation of byond. Once again its still very much possible to evade a sticky ban but it takes more work.
>>
>>399095
How would you know that you're stickybanned?
>>
>>399198
It would be as simple as making a new byond account and joining the same server, If it auto detects that a previous Ckey associated with your byond hash is banned, it would automatically autoban that new Ckey you used, if it was just a simple perma Ckey ban, it would allow you to join the server.
>>
>>399718
right, how would you even evade a stickyban?
I've tried everything, nothing works.
>>
>>399824
either https://bwo.ink/ss13.php
or use this retarded kid's method of spoofing and VPN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LHvJzEx6A
>>
>>399836
>lutris
>wine
Wine and the Lutris installation of SS13 hasn't worked in at least a year. Even if you somehow got it to work you still wouldn't be able to use half the UIs or read notes because IE8 isn't supported in Wine.
>>
>>399836
Is the spoofing software in that kids video safe?
>>
>>399899
No clue, you should run it through a few antivirus program first.
>>
>>399095
>be warned that any faggot admin could still detect that the storage drive that your byond was installed on has had a previous account that was banned on the server
It leaves a cookie logging your cid and alerts admins if any ckey connects from the same machine, you just have to remove it then lay low.
>>
>>399899
>>399902
Nah you can never be sure.
What you should do is just make a Virtual Machine (easy pz) and run that software in there. So worst case scenario only the VM is compromised.

Alternatively bite the bullet and just be a chad and follow the instructions on bwo.ink
>>
are there any /vm/ approved servers, I can't find anything which meets all of these criteria
>averages 6+ people which should be enough for a functioning station
>preferably not furry shit
>saltnerfing-free (cough cough /tg/station, which I'm pretty sure got disowned by /tg/)
>doesn't use baystation's nuclear submarine control panel controls by ss13 standards
>not HRP
>>
>>402861
Aside from Lifeweb and Farweb there is literally nothing. If you absolutely had to pick something Bee seems like the least shite. MerchanTGuild gave people hope but it's just a /tg/ fork with some shit added
>>
>>398243
I had the same problem in /vg/ with qemu, I had to change the virtual drive serial number or something, because byond uses the virtual drive as a check for ban evasion.
I checked /vg/'s ban list and I wasn't on it (but your sever may not be so transparent).
>>
File: 1598320988625.png (50 KB, 473x473)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
This games downfall started when the shitsec meme started getting traction and affecting the rules. Suddenly the game's couldn't be policed internally within the round but had to have every single interaction dictated under jannies interference. If sec was shit it usually wasn't hard to overthrow them/declare independence, doubly true with how hard their gear has been nerfed. But now Sec can't even do their job without fear of being Bwoinked, which meant the jannies have to do it and every server is full of rule-cuckery that only exist to protect to the meta discord trannies.
>>
>>355336
Lifeweb?
>>
>>401107
Just use sandboxie, its like a virtual machine, but for a single process.
Worked for me (probably)
Get a proxy too
>>
>>403030
What about burger station?
>>
>>403271
Not SS13, more like a weird chatroom tdm server, It's garbage.
>>
which VM software would be best for running ss13 on linux?
>>
>be me
>round starts
>captain
>go to my office
>some guy’s in there
>tell him to fuck off
>no you
>fucker blows me up with wizard powers
>spend the last hour watching this guy genocide the station
Best round ever.
>>
>>404930
VMware prob. VirtualBox was pretty finicky for me.
>>
>>402861
Pizza station was all this and then some and had many 20+ player rounds. At the time I didn't realize I was spoiling myself with an actual fun allowed server that was tranny free.
>>
>>402861
What do you mean by baystation nuclear panel control scheme controls, It has the same Control scheme as tg does.
>>
ws is dead lmao
>>
File: 1605777578362.jpg (439 KB, 927x927)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>407437
Man what a huge disappointment that was. The codebase seemed decent but the faggots on there acted like they were this huge server like /tg/ or paradise but they only got on for a single 30 minute round a week. Even stricter no fun rules than other servers, forced chatroom RP, and no clear direction for what to add to the game other than tedious padding. In a lot of ways it was worse than /tg/ ironically. Oasis merged for exactly 1 month before noping out of there. >>365095 >>386067

I noticed merchantguild had white sands messages in their server chat and also PRs by Mald, which gave me hope it'd be a clone without all the bullshit. Nope. It was just a /tg/ clone with maybe some things copied from white sands.
>>
>>407526
Server was dead long before Oasis showed up, they just rightly sidestepped a corpse. Didn't know Merchantguild used my code though. Might poke my head in there.
>>
>>407581
>no SQL backend
>"join our discord" with no discord URL anywhere
>MR list doesn't actually include anything I worked on
I guess >>407526 is full of shit then.
>>
>>407593
Nah. Join the actual server. It says "Welcome to White Sands" and lists PRs. Unless my Byond was bugged but I was using a fresh VM so it's unlikely.
>>
File: 295.jpg (15 KB, 177x278)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>407526
>"no fun" rules
>forced chatroom rp
>he thinks oasis left by choice and wasn't a bunch of unwanted retards adopted out of desperation

did you even play boomerstation
>>
File: swedish.png (755 KB, 534x744)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
>>407526
Sounding kinda Swedish there
>>
File: 1332204479853.jpg (25 KB, 450x268)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>407526
>no fun rules
>the head admin literally spent an antag round on a lawnmower clotheslining moths with krav maga and turning them into giblets
>>
File: 1606688300727.png (470 KB, 900x1279)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>407972
>>407981
>>408545
>Antags can't murderbone or fuck up the station too many times
>Lawless AI can't do whatever the fuck it wants and kill everyone
>Jannies have to involve themselves in even the smallest of scuffles
>Cant do anything even slightly griefy even on green rounds when nothing is happening
>People try to chatroom RP in the most forced way possible because there's literally nothing happening
>BUT HEY WE HAD AN EPIC EVENT NIGHT WHERE THE JANNIES GOT TO HAVE FUN
This is why your server died. Exactly like I said. You were delusional enough to act like you were this big ass server but all you did is have 30 minute events once a week for your discord circle jerk to have fun. Anytime something crazy happened outside of them like a lawless AI trying to kill people, a roboticist in a mech going on a rampage or a botanist running around planting Kudza to protest being shaken down the jannies had to involve themselves.

Stalest server I have ever played by a huge margin. At least on bigger servers the jannies never involve themselves unless you piss off one of their friends.
>>
File: 5bc.png (40 KB, 625x626)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>408807
>i can't grief without having a good reason
>server is shit
i sympathize, it sucks that hippie died and you have no cesspool to inhabit anymore

>thinking admins overinvolved themselves
bruh as long as you weren't literally going door to door as an antag with your gamer xbow esword combo like it was manhunt we didn't give a toss what you did as an antag, hell we even gave out custom objectives to people that were bored of "steal this kill X" antag shit. also, people literally got a once a month murderbone pass specifically because we realized that it being present was still ultimately a good thing, just not in the stupifying regularity that it pops up on shitholes like tg. also, we regularly let borderline shit like kudzu incidents or just natural player conflict fly so long as you could justify what went down besides "i wanted to space him"
>>
>>408812
>Hippie
Kek I compared you guys to /tg/. Ironically in your attempts to try and do better than /tg/ and bee you made something far more stale and boring. Something that existed only to entertain the Discord circlejerk for events. I only brought up Oasis because it was funny how predictable it was.

>Admin/Rule justification
The codebase and players aren't interesting enough to sustain that level of rule cuckery between the 30 minute events. If the server was nothing more than a place for the Discord circlejerk to screw around in once a week for 30 minutes why the fuck do you keep trying to get more players? No one wants to play that boring shit.
>>
>>408838
that's the issue, i don't even know what sort of rule cuckery and enforcement you're referring to besides "wah he didn't let me yeet the clown into the sm 4noraisin" which would get you banned literally anywhere
>>
File: 1384732100624.jpg (88 KB, 603x547)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>408545
>tfw he left and the entire community started crumbling shortly afterwards

people seemed to like shitting on him but was dubya truly the heart and soul of boomerstation?
>>
>>408946
>Acknowledges the shitty additional rules
>Then acts dumb
Whatever bro. Keep thinking every other server is a shithole despite absolutely no one wanting to play on yours.
>>
>>353589
This post is from 7 hours ago, but I tried playing botanist as a refresher on /tg/ awhile back, and my co-pilot/ass rider could not leave me alone for more than 30 seconds. I'm sorry I'm not efficient, but it's more fun to tell the chef to "scrape it off his backside" than it is to be your little baby protégé you power gaming faggots.
>>
File: Smoke.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>353589
>>409073
I have to say every server has become more and more " do thing by the meta or your griefing as that role" which is shit.

It's cool if someone wants to be sweaty as hell, but man trying to push that onto everyone is just gay and sucks the fun out. It's like people just care about the abstract art of winning and not about creating a fun story or shenanigans to get to that point but I guess that's the price you pay when the game gets a massive average influx of players increase.
>>
>>409135

Lifeweb will always remain the superior server: focuses on storytelling and is not afraid of conflict.
I mean the entire electric system relies on body snatching and putting it on a blood-sucking machine.
>>
>>408807
what are you on about we acted like we were a big server?
>>
>>409135
>I have to say every server has become more and more " do thing by the meta or your griefing as that role" which is shit.
So literally every single multiplayer game now?

>>409155
>focuses on storytelling
It's funny how every server tries to do that to but they fail spectacularly. It's because of this:
>and is not afraid of conflict.
Every SS13 server relies entirely on the antagonist for the conflict to be created. That or player incompetence which is mostly getting faded away from how dumb down the game is becoming. You could also argue the clown but clowns these days at most are only allowed to slip and annoy people, since large scale pranks will get you job banned. Not to mention sometimes people just let the clown due his thing and suddenly it isn't conflict anymore. Meanwhile Lifeweb forces the players to end up in conflict one way or another.

Rather than follow Lifeweb's example they just nerf shit and bwoink more people, and somehow delude themselves into thinking they're the better sever when even a cesspit like Kiwi or Hippie is genuinely more interesting and difficult to play on since theres way more opportunities for conflict.
>>
File: onemorething.jpg (46 KB, 678x381)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>409323
>So literally every single multiplayer game now?
Yes, that doesn't detract from the issue as it's either:

A) play game with people who can only get fun out of a game by following the meta and as such they expect everyone else to be up to date on the meta otherwise they have a fit.

or

B) play game with people who don't particular care about what's meta and just want to have a good laugh.
>>
please give antag gimmicks ideas, I'm so bored of every round antags being completely stealthy, doing nothing with the crew or being friendly
>>
>>409172
On servers with a large player base someone's incompetence, immaturity or boredom would cause a/many unique issue(s) on the station each round even if it meant breaking the rules. On Boomer/White Sands, outside of Discord events, it was just people beelining from department to department pretty much solving them then going afk/chatroom RPing until someone joins, vote changes the map and kills the server.

You want this super sterile version of the game but your codebase never had anything especially interesting to fill the gap. Meanwhile on other servers the jannies were spread too thin to enforce retarded police state rules on every single instance and sometimes the chaos got way too out of hand for people to tell where it started from. You brag about how crazy your rounds get but it's literally just jannies having fun on event rounds, then turn around and call other servers "shitholes" and "cesspits" when they have your crazy stories daily. What is even the point to sec when the jannies do 80% of their job anyways?

Then you wonder why you have population issues.

>>409342
Kill and steal the identity of a static, impersonate them and piss everyone in their department off.
Teach a newfag a job while sabotaging the station right infront of his eyes then quietly become an ID-less greyshitter while he gets arrested.
>>
File: 1592023279529.png (708 KB, 3000x3600)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>409340
It's a side-effect of redditors and discord trannies. They rage hard if they can't control and predict everything. It's why they hate RNG and unpredictable/too powerful to control mechanics. It's why they nerf everything and think entirely in terms of 'balance'. It's why jannies have to deal with griefers and not sec. They think playing this way is actually the more high-brow way to play but in reality it's completely lobotomized, because when everything is completely streamlined and predictable critical thinking disappears and the only way to play is to regurgitate predetermined meta strategies like an NPC.
>>
>>409412
i don't know what server you played on, but you'd be baffled at how frequently we let minor rule breaks slip *specifically* for that reason, as long as it made for cool scenarios and gets cleaned up IC we honestly didn't care what people did

hell if anything the weekly event rounds you praise were more sterile than the regular fare, because some of the people running the events weren't big fans of huge retards fucking them up
>>
File: 1544264876029.gif (755 KB, 500x375)
755 KB
755 KB GIF
Dunno why you guys are even bothering arguing about a dead server, although it sucks that it's gone. Not really any place left interesting to play now.

I can either watch literal apes throw toolboxes at each other on /tg/ /vg/ and bee, sit in my cuck cubicle and wait to be murdered on bay, wear out my left mouse button on CM, or get anal vore'd on one of the billion furry servers. On the off chance I find the happy medium, it's going to be infested by militant SJWs and tranny jannies. What's the point of playing anymore?
>>
>>409499
I played near the end of Boomer and frequented White Sands whenever it had people and I can say that is bullshit. To be fair it was clear all the good people left by then and Mark was on his way out so maybe I just missed the brief glory days.

When I played everytime a scuffle happened there was jannie interference. Like a LAWLESS AI getting job banned for trying to kill the Quatermaster who banned his mechs from entering cargo. Funnily enough that Quartermaster said it was the most fun he had in a long time which was kinda a red flag for me because it played like a typical round on Kiwi. And yes there was jannie interference at the end, so no-fun. Every single round was people just beelining to each department, solving it, doing chatroom RP until inevitably someone from the Discord joined, vote changed the map and then everyone left.
>hell if anything the weekly event rounds you praise were more sterile than the regular fare,
I don't praise them. It's just that anytime someone has something good to say about WS it inevitably is from an event night where the Discord circlejerk got to have fun. The entire server was designed for it, even if unintentionally.

>>409507
It's interesting to pick the brain of the people who genuinely thought WS/Boomer was good. There was a heavy cognitive dissonance going on there where they knew that chaos made the game more fun, but called lowRP servers like Kiwi and Hippie shitholes, while also boasting about their rounds that played identical to a kiwi/hippie round, while also saying that /tg/ coders were removing the fun out of the game, while also having stricter rules on what antags could do. They wanted this weird sterile gameplay with a codebase almost identical to old /tg/ that can't support that type of playing, while also bragging about when their events get all Cuh-RAY-Zeee.

It was a massive blackpill for me that the game is dead even if a new server pops up.
>>
>>409525
that does explain quite a lot, actually. 2020 was that community's time in the sun, with a brief bit of hype when the server got renamed, then it all kind of collapsed all at once.

shortly before mark left sounds like shortly after dubya stepped down, and from what I heard he championed the more fun and zany shit to the point of scolding the lesser jannies for getting too in the way. there was a happy medium between dumb gorilla-brained shit and dull cubicles with bar rp, and I think boomerstation really hit that niche during its prime. it sounds like a shame that you didn't get to play it.
>>
>>409540
Never even heard of Dubya. Everyone was too busy jerking off about Mark and made it sound like he was the one who made the servers glory days.
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (156 KB, 1242x1394)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>join fartweb
>join as bum
>be fat
>wander into inn
>2 mortuses vibing
>oh no.mp4
>run out and start jumping away
>because of my fat ass my stamina depletes
>my character falls down and starts taking a breather
>they handcuff me and try to put me on his back
>because of my fat ass he falls to the floor and i start running
>they catch me
>they take my clothes off and put me on the lifeweb
>the other mortus leaves
>only male mortus left
>i slap his ass
>he starts jerking my wiener
>what
>he says sorry and starts draining my blood for power
>he lets me go after taking half of my blood
>i forget to take my clothes so i just run around naked with my fat belly
>go back to the inn
>someone says to follow him for food in the inn
>i go down
>some nigga starts punching my teeth out
>i fall unconcious
>they harvest my organs and sell them to anyone who comes downstairs

i love fartweb
>>
>>409542
quick key figure rundown:
deedubya: literally started the server, got all the staff together, had the vision, made the rules, handled basically all the higher administrative work, had decent influence on code decisions. legitimately seemed like they wanted to improve the community every chance they had
mark: did the vast majority of the code work, maintenance, new features, etc. very hard to dislike, was very popular with the regulars
maldaris: hosted everything, handled the majority of backend work, was mostly invisible to the community until like halfway through, SJWs hated him because he was a true florida man, lost his patience with them so he packed his shit and fucked off
squid: the other head admin, his attention seemed split between coding, adminning, and shitposting. he designed the website, and drew a lot of dank memes
iodine: the backend guy before mald took over full time, and headcoder before mark joined. dunno much about him. apparently he and mald had a falling out?
zeta: most active discord jannie, also did a lot of good sprite work for the server. part of the MOFF GANG
sam: replacement host after mald fucked off. seemed kinda unmotivated and unconcerned. server never truly recovered after mald left so idk
>>
>>409564
Actually knew everyone on there but deedubya. For some reason he was memory-holed. I remember Sam managed to interface Byond with Lua, which meant he would've been able to multi-thread a bunch of stuff like atmos. Something like that would've been ground breaking and meant the server would've ran faster AND been portable to SS14/UnityStation/etc, but I was way too blackpilled with the state of the playerbase to care by then.

I could tell everyone who was on the server still lost all ambition for the game and was just playing out of habit. There was never going to be ground breaking changes that completely differentiated the server from other other than "We re-added cloners". No one was going to add huge sources of conflict in the same way Lifeweb did and were mostly following the same path /tg/ and others did. The fact all the big important players left shows that even they believe the game was beyond saving.
>>
File: 1465442832536.jpg (39 KB, 497x732)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Sup literally space hitler(deedubya) here

>>409525
That QM/cargo shit sounds like the sort of thing I would have easily let slide, especially on a quiet round. Genuine, interesting player conflict got me fucking hard in that game. Not everyone agreed with me though, even though I tried my damndest to impress upon people what ideal MRP looked like.

>>409574
The initial goal wasn't to become groundbreaking or innovative, that was something that came later out of what we thought was necessity. My vision was just to return to a better time, where standards were higher and things felt genuinely interesting and fun. Cultivate a community that understood how to behave, but also how to enjoy themselves. Have coders and admins that worked for the players rather than against them. We definitely had it, for a while. It was genuinely great to be a part of.

Also, the reasons people left wasn't even because of the game itself, like you seem to think. I left because RL caught up with me. Mark left because he worked himself too damn hard and burnt himself out. Mald left because the tranny moths got on his last nerve. Squid left because the writing was on the wall after everyone else had left. It's a shame, I really wish there would have been something to go back to once I'd gotten more substantial free time again.
>>
>>409574
>There was never going to be ground breaking changes that completely differentiated the server from other other than "We re-added cloners".
I have a bone to pick with this one. We definitely added new stuff regularly, the problem was the follow through. White Sands itself was supposed to have WAY more content behind it as the follow-up. You would not believe how many dev meetings I ran where people just either didn't hold up to their commitments, or spent more time arguing why "new thing bad". Developing new content for this community is literally a catch 22 of autists. They want to code cool things but don't want to change the meta. Those two incompatible ideas generate so much cognitive dissonance that it makes it hard to motivate anyone to do anything. Mark's overmap shit was probably the big thing that we managed to crank out after the rebrand, and even that was pulling teeth. Volunteer projects are hell to manage, and the only reason I would ever come back to SS13 as a concept is if I could monetize the game and pay people to follow through on their commitments. Which ironically enough, I personally handed out more sprite bounties and couldn't get people to do the work.
>>
>>409593
The standards were def higher than other servers in terms of how everyone behaved but it was pretty counter-intuitive when absolutely nothing was going on because there were no retards to start shit. That's what I never got about Boomer. How can you have interesting gameplay when every single job is figured out, there are no conflict provoking mechanics aside from antagonists and everyone is too well behaved for conflicts to start?

>Also, the reasons people left wasn't even because of the game itself, like you seem to think. I left because RL caught up with me. Mark left because he worked himself too damn hard and burnt himself out. Mald left because the tranny moths got on his last nerve. Squid left because the writing was on the wall after everyone else had left. It's a shame, I really wish there would have been something to go back to once I'd gotten more substantial free time again.
My statement was probably a bit exaggerated, but there was a general feeling that everyone had in their mind one way the game was suppose to be played and it became repetitive really fast. It was even acknowledged that it was a problem but there was no solution. In my mind the playerbase was just too stuck in their ways. The game obviously wasn't interesting in the state it was in but everyone was too afraid to shift away from the pristine clean gameplay or experiment. When I saw this I figured the people running it started to see what conundrum they were in and bailed.

>>409608
>You would not believe how many dev meetings I ran where people just either didn't hold up to their commitments, or spent more time arguing why "new thing bad". Developing new content for this community is literally a catch 22 of autists. They want to code cool things but don't want to change the meta
This shit hit the nail on the head and is what I was getting at. Randy got around this by being an iron fist dictator and just changed shit how he saw fit.
>>
>>409611
There was a point where I remember distinctly having to choose between being an iron fist and letting contributors come and go as they pleased. The pain point is that you fundamentally cannot incentivize people to follow through unless they're being compensated for their time. I think the ultimate result was a mishmash of failed experiments and lack of follow through on any of the legitimately good ideas we had. I could dredge up my old meeting notes and post em here, but our timeline for what we wanted to do was pretty fuckin' cool. The problem is really it just hinged on people not flaking, which apparently is too much to ask of internet spess autists.
>>
furfag ex-host(sam) here

>>409564
honestly, when i first took over, i did try to get shit going again, but at some point, everyone started leaving, just kinda went "damn, i think it's dead". irl shit ended up getting in the way of running the server, and then, not learning from maldaris, i decided it was a great idea to merge with oasis.

if i ever run a server again, i'm not gonna have a discord. people just jacked off in the discord and complained about event pings when we basically became an event server with no event pop

>>409525
who the hell job banned a lawless AI? that sounds like complete bullshit
>>
>>409611
>How can you have interesting gameplay when every single job is figured out, there are no conflict provoking mechanics aside from antagonists and everyone is too well behaved for conflicts to start?
Also this, I think ultimately the problem with the game as a whole is it's solved. Without ripping this shit out to its guts and starting from scratch with new ideas, new systems, new mechanics, there won't ever be a game that really captures the enjoyment and randomness of figuring out a new environment while trying not to be backstabbed.

For what it's worth on that front, between my day job and moving out of state, I am actually working on this. I'm about 30% of the way through the core guts of a new engine outside of BYOND, hoping to have something to show for by the end of the year. If anyone knows Typescript, and has experience programming, hit me up.
>>
>>409612
It's gotta come down to a small squad who just wants to have fun adding shit and not relying on a bunch of random directionless retards who want more of the same. Even Lifeweb is 95% Randy doing it. The only reason that shit worked on /tg/ and SS14 is because it's so heavily established already, which probably came from being a squad of coders doing everything until they got that big.

>>409618
>i decided it was a great idea to merge with oasis.
What was even the problem with Oasis? They seemed like ex-Hippie guys, which meant they would've started a lot of chaos and fun. The only thing I see is they're not compatible with the no-fun event night fags that somehow enjoy doing the same job for the 10th billion time.
>who the hell job banned a lawless AI? that sounds like complete bullshit
It happened kek. I thought there was some meta bullshit going on when no one believed me the AI was trying to kill the QM until I found out it was actually against the rules for Lawless AI's to start killing people.

>>409619
Good luck. You should probably take notes from Lifeweb.
>>
File: 1544718460080.gif (71 KB, 379x387)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>>409611
The issue with the "solved gameplay" ironically has nothing to do with developing or innovating the gameplay at all, it's in allowing the *real* game to play out and let those gameplay elements be what they were always meant to be: background elements and distractions. I feel like people that complain about this aspect don't quite get it, and might honestly be better off playing a single player/coop autism game of some sort.

The core of the game is the player conflict and social aspect of it all. You're not supposed to spend an hour undisturbed in your autism fort. Antags are supposed to be fucking shit up and/or gunning for your head. The crew is supposed to be starting pissing contests over not getting what they want, or fighting eachother for resources as the station falls apart around them. All this natural conflict can be accomplished without having to devolve to LRP levels of smashing every window in the station out of boredom. The catch is that it requires pop, which was more scarce than I would have liked on boomerstation.

>>409627
>it was actually against the rules for Lawless AI's to start killing people.
Clarification: It was against the rules for lawless AI to start killing people for no reason. That AI sounded like it had a good reason. Fair play, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, we were probably the only server that actually used the AI law lottery code specifically to spice shit up. I had it set to like 60% "safe" lawset(asimov, hippocratic, paladin, etc), 38% "meme" lawset(hogan, trump, ian's birthday, etc) and 2% fuck the crew lawset(antimov, oxygen is lethal, and so on).
>>
>>409631
What's weird is we mostly agree but have different ways of solving it.

>I feel like people that complain about this aspect don't quite get it, and might honestly be better off playing a single player/coop autism game of some sort. The core of the game is the player conflict and social aspect of it all.
Because when you have strict rules and overbehaved players the only thing left is the solved jobs and everything hinged on antagonists who had their own strict rules. That's what boomer became. Just people beelining from solved job to solved job. >>409323
>All this natural conflict can be accomplished without having to devolve to LRP levels of smashing every window in the station out of boredom
You should've let sec handle those retards not the jannies. I made a post about this earlier >>403177 If someone was being a retard let the retard wranglers handle them. Only have the jannies step in if someone is doing some really off the wall shit like max-capping every round, meta-grudging people, plasmaflooding for no reason, etc. Sec has no reason to exist on Boomer besides chasing an antag who is forced into being a stealth antag.
>The catch is that it requires pop, which was more scarce than I would have liked on boomerstation.
That's why I said you guys acted like you were a highpop server. Lifeweb got around this by making conflicts a main core aspect of the game. Harvesting blood for the Lifeweb, vices, personal assignments to people, bloodlines connecting people, hell you could even spawn as an antagonist every round the catch was it was basically being an Ash Ligger. You spawned in the caves which gave you a 90% chance of dying and even if you made it to the town you had to bullshit your way past the guards to not die.

>AI law lottery code
That's some Lifeweb shit right there. You should've done more like that.
>>
>>409642
>Only have the jannies step in if someone is doing some really off the wall shit like max-capping every round, meta-grudging people, plasmaflooding for no reason, etc
Even then I would say the solution tot his would be to give Sec better tools to detect when someone is doing this shit so it can be prevented unless it's a really shifty traitor.
>>
>>409631
>Antags are supposed to be fucking shit up and/or gunning for your head.
I recently got a note for doing just that on bee. I made tons of spiders from botany pest mechanic in some remote place on the station while yelling and bantering with the crew about the spiders I was releasing. The admin said the note was just in case someone bitched about me after the round was over but also told me not to do gimmick again without hijack objective. At least I had fun doing it and so did the crew have fun fighting spiders.

>Also, we were probably the only server that actually used the AI law lottery code
I think bee has it but only with safe lawsets which is a shame.

>>409645
If sec is looking at cams and crew monitors often there is no reason they should not notice shifty shit happening. Plus non-antags often snitch on antag things happening or even validhunt themelves. Sec has enough tools to control and arrest most antags so long as no janny is breathing down their necks. The only way antags are stronger than sec is if secs are unrobust or they get picked off one by one which happens often on lowpop.
>>
>>409642
It's a cyclical problem, honestly. Even on highpop servers, security is probably the least popular role. On lowpop servers, security tends to be completely non existent. That means when you have some ape going around smashing everything in sight, it doesn't get taken care of, and it just pisses off the regulars who start getting the impression that they're in an LRP cesspit.

That being said, what you just described is how I'd usually handle shit as an admin. I'd say I felt like a hockey ref; as long as it isn't interfering with shit too badly, you keep your whistle in your pocket and let the players sort out their own issues. It was mostly the habitual shit disturbers that I had my eye on; the ones that'd push the limits of people's patience every single round, or see how far they could escalate a situation before they could justify bombing something as a non-antag. In the end we're supposed to be having fun on a chaos filled shithole, not deliberately trying to be dickweasels to one another.
>>
>>409648
>If sec is looking at cams and crew monitors often there is no reason they should not notice shifty shit happening. Plus non-antags often snitch on antag things happening or even validhunt themelves. Sec has enough tools to control and arrest most antags so long as no janny is breathing down their necks. The only way antags are stronger than sec is if secs are unrobust or they get picked off one by one which happens often on lowpop.
You're never gunna catch someone max capping or plasma flooding unless you're looking out for it and it happens so rarely you'll get blindsided by it. I think the fastest time to speedrun a maxcap is 2 minutes, the time when everyones still running around to get their gear, and on most stations it's hard to see whats going on in toxins, and toxins almost always is connected to maints so you just walk into maints and kamakazi if you see anyone before getting to your target.

IIRC you can plasma flood without even replacing any of the pipes and just by turning on/off a few devices, it's very easy to do discretely even if you have paranoid coworkers. Optionally you can shut off the air and drain the distro to make it act faster. Then you can just walk around in your fireproof suit and start having all the vents dump out plasma, and I don't even think you need to do that part since the plasma will slowly creep in.

Meta-gruding is totally out of sec's control unless they meta themselves. I don't see what you could add to prevent that.
>>
>>409660
Yes it is as you say but I don't think better sec tools can help sec stop 2 minutes in maxcap/plasmafloods either. I reckon sec will forever be in this awkward position of half tard wrangling, half powertripping. Forever hated and with little patience for anything.
>>
>>409660
confirmed it is *that* easy to plasmaflood, reminder that the AI can do it without any borgs or help, so it literally is just fucking with some switches and enjoying the show
>>
File: Medical Turrets.png (390 KB, 1230x974)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>409659
>Even on highpop servers, security is probably the least popular role
Why would anyone want to play sec though? Playing sec just paints a huge target on your back for the jannies to bwoink you. The shitsec meme is way too strong and they're so overnerfed and over regulated they can't really do their job at all. Even on Kiwi the only person I've ever seen get banned during the anarchy days was a HOS who was a little too harsh on the shitters, because one of the shitters cried on Discord until a jannie came and banned him.
>On lowpop servers, security tends to be completely non existent.
It really doesn't make sense to play sec on lowpop because most players don't want to murderbone too hard as it'd kill the server and it's easy enough to group up and wrangle the one retard. I think the best solution is what KiwiStation did. They basically made it so you could choose to be a sec for a department. This meant that you were a Sec with access to medical/engineering/cargo/etc. I basically used that to play as the doctor but also could deal with shitters fucking up medical.

>>409663
They're both easy to stop. For plasma flooding you just have censors distributed around the station in the air distro that alert sec the second any funny gasses end up in it. It takes a while for plasma to build up to a flooding level. That way they can pull the plug and shut it down before it happens. The antagonist would have to go around and discretely disable censors if he wanted to flood. Toxin bombs you'd just have to have all the gasses in atmos, so a scientist would have to coordinate with atmos (basically letting people know they're making bombs) or sneak in and steal the gasses. There's a lot of ways to also discretely get the gasses. You can filter the O2 out of the air distro and you can get the plasma off the SM if you tap the waste pipe which is conveniently in space and already pre-heated for you. Or just break into atmos.

Both require you to be sneaky in some way.
>>
File: 1592518830104.png (215 KB, 509x423)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>409672
I find the lack of popularity with sec is a completely different problem. Although you're partly correct, most servers hold sec to a higher standard.

The sec flowchart usually goes like so:
>am new to ss13
>locked out of sec
>get some experience playing the game
>realize that you're not robust enough to play sec anyway, sit on that for a while
>get tired of being pushed around by bored greyshitters and literally getting clowned on
>decide to start rolling sec
>everyone hates you
>everyone is always trying to steal your shit
>the robust greyshitters are still clowning on you
>the admins complain when you merc a guy that clearly deserved it
>fuck it I'll just be an assistant and validhunt instead, can't bwoink me for that

That being said, the key to being not shitsec and not getting bwoinked is pretty easy: Do shit by the books. Not only do you annoy the shit out of the greyshitting burnouts by booking them and processing them properly instead of playing by their murderbowl rules, but the jannies will never get on your shit as long as you can literally throw the book at your detainee. It's also kind of amusing to RP as the one straight laced and competent motherfucker in the exploding crackhouse.
>>
>>409642
I honestly don't think the rules or the admins were that strict. There was enough room to play with what was there and create fun conflict, not even counting the free passes we'd constantly give to line-toers. I do agree on the overbehaved playerbase, though. Like, overbehaved to the point that when certain players became notorious for the crime of HAVING FUN, they'd form lynch mobs in discord and try to get them banned. Got tiring constantly telling them to fuck off and let the admins handle shit. They eventually got themselves banned later on for other shit anyway.
>>
>>409672
tgbased servers sort of do this as well with the security assignments, you get basic access to a chosen department as a secoff so theoretically you could help them do their job. most people just ignore this and wander the halls/maint, or they do the opposite and just chill in their department sec hole until shit goes south.
>>
>>409676
I use to spam Det on /tg/ and was quite a book thrower myself. I use to have entire folders full of recordings, forensic evidence, photos for different cases, even used the evidence locker and labeled everything. One time I was detaining a guy breaking into a sec booth to charge his illegal gun, who said a bunch of shit that didn't make any sense. Then when he was being interrogated by HOS he completely change his story. What he didn't realize was I recorded his prior rants and played them back. HOS sent him to gulag for the gun, breaking into sec and lying about it. The dude raged so hard in OOC and meta grudged me the next round. All the jannie did was revive me and the guy didn't even get a slap on the wrist, despite admitting what the guy said didn't make any said and the guy screaming in OOC about me. The thing is this would never happen on Boomer for the extreme opposite reason. The players would be way too behaved and the antags would never leave a trail (if there was one).

It was extremely disheartening to see how heavy the janny bias was against Sec. Not that but out of all the people I busted only 5 were actual traitors. Most of the time the traitors died way too fast or were way too sneaky to get caught unless you were flipping through the cams and got lucky during the 10 seconds the traitor was getting the SM shard. The jannies do your job for you if someone self-antags anyways. Sec would be way more interesting if there were more RP mechanics in place to cause players to do naughty things (like Lifeweb), but right now you have the jannies breathing down your neck while sit on your ass and wait for someone to do something.
>>
>>409696
You sound pretty based desu. Who did you even play as, anyway?
>>
>>409685
Like I said you should've had sec deal with rule breakers. Their job was completely redundant without it. Having a bwoink happen everytime you step out of line made it so no one wanted to do anything crazy. It was so god damn stale one time I was playing clown and people just let me do my thing because they were bored out of their minds.

If you're going to have overbearing jannies like that then the least you could do is have a metric fuckton of chaos mechanics like that AI lottery. At least then the fun police would have a harder time being faggots, although I just know they would throw a huge bitch fit over it because everyone was so resistant to changing the game even the slightest.

>>409688
Yeah he basically built off of /tg/. Kiwi was a /tg/ fork minus revamp to research and that change I mentioned.
>>
>>409705
I just used whatever the server gave me, but since that meta-grudge moment I random name/random body/random race every single round.
>>
>>409706
jannies at boomer honestly seemed pretty chill. i was a bit of a shitter and the worst trouble i ever seemed to get into was "hey why'd you do that" "this is why" "aight cool thanks" and closed the ticket

the jannies seemed like they got worse after they became white sands and promoted that minty guy to jannie even though he'd only played ss13 for like two months and had no idea what he was doing, but the server was already one foot in the grave by then so oh well
>>
>>409708
Unironically based, I was too attached to my static because I'm a sentimental faggot, but I respect the randomnamers for being the last line of defense against metagangs.
>>
>>409709
>"hey why'd you do that" "this is why" "aight cool thanks" and closed the ticket
I'd argue even that interaction is kinda discouraging. It'd be nicer to have a Sec shake someone down like and maybe going to the Jannie if the guy can't give sec a good reason why he was shitting things up. At least then it'd all be contained in game and the meta OOC presence wouldn't be looming over your head anytime you wanted to do something fun. I'll admit that was my interaction on boomer too. It got way worse when White Sands became a thing.

Overall though I think the jannies should be the absolute last line of defense. It brings too much meta shit into the game when they get involved.

>>409712
People who like you still can recognize you based on your movements. It does have a lot of entertaining situations though. I remember one round a CE gave me all his gear because he was so impressed with my atmos skills, and then the next round he ripped off my badge and threw me out of Engy because I accidentally unwrenched the wrong pipe and lagged before I could stop it.
>>
>>409714
As a former jannie, I have to say that when stuff like that happens it's not meant to be discouragement or a warning. Sometimes we just want to collect additional info on a situation, things you can't get from just scanning logs. If an ahelp comes in, as long as there's at least a little bit of merit to it, we gotta check out every angle we feel is necessary. As long as a ticket doesn't end with a warning or some other clear sign of discouragement, it probably means whatever you were doing was completely kosher. That's why I liked to end such tickets with "okay thanks for the info" or something disarming like that. Not every jannie is so mindful though, so I can see how people think it's an interrogation or a slap on the wrist for something inconsequential.
>>
>>409717
Yeah I know that's why you did it. Just saying that meta OOC interaction through admin chat is a bit disheartening and should probably be offloaded to Sec somehow so it could all be contained IC. Like if all Sec tickets and interviews on someone were recorded, maybe having a jannie able to spawn in as a Sec to interrogate someone. It's probably why your players were so passive. I know I avoided all the shenanigans after it happened to me.
>>
>>409718
There's a lot of shit involved in even small ahelps that players generally aren't aware of, to the point that such an integration is unrealistic, ESPECIALLY if an admin is juggling multiple cases at once, which happens pretty often.

Even if a form of IC integration happened, it doesn't help the admin get the information they need for a situation, since lying IC to save your ass is completely kosher, whereas if you get caught lying in an ahelp you tend to get shown the door - thus you tend to get more reliable information.
>>
File: oops.png (305 KB, 480x481)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>409722
desu there's so much that goes into being a good janny, and it's so easy to fuck up any of the steps(accidentally or on purpose)

if any of y'all have a pleasant experience with a good ss13 janny, thank the dude, he's a big reason you get to have a good time, and probably gets shit on a lot because he's part of the collective of jannies that everyone hates
>>
>>409722
At the end of the day this all is kinda what I was getting at earlier with over-involving admins. When you bwoink someone, even if it's just for information, it creates this "We're always watching" feeling which makes people not want to create conflict. Now the IC experience is tainted by OOC always hanging over your head. On big servers it's there's just too much shit going on for that level of scrutiny, but on Boomer/WS it was always low pop enough that jannies were ontop of absolutely everything. The end result was over-behaved players defaulting to the solved gameplay and events being what drove the server.

This is why I keep saying you removed a huge part of the game, even if unintentionally, but never substituted anything in it's place. If you're going to be that ontop of everything you should've just added a ton of stuff like the AI lottery to cause conflict. Because natural shittery is never going to happen if the admins are that on the ball.
>>
If the jannies have to get involved it's a flaw with the game's design. So the goal should be to minimize jannie involvement and let the players just play the game. Lifeweb recognized that shitters were going to shit so they had mechanics in place to deal with them or even make them enhance the game for others. If it were up to me I'd make Sec in charge of enforcing MRP by any means necessary and give them a shitload of tools to do so. If people are mad they can try to overthrow Sec. Right away you have a massive catalyst that can explode in any number of directions.

If the station falls to chaos it's because Sec failed it's job. In the same way Med failed to stop a virus outbreak, Engy failed to setup the engine, Atmos accidentally connected 2 pipes that shouldn't have been connected, etc.
>>
File: beeserver.png (263 KB, 943x783)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>386145>>386232
not the same anon but heres a few more
> bicardine and kelotane blur your vision
> botany nerfed to the ground
> no more universal airlock wires
> slug nerf
> need "special" golden id to get aa now only 2 extra perms for the one plebs have
theres a lot more but these are the ones i can remember off the top off my head

bee is better but ever since the lrp server beestation golden was shut down its been going downhill really fast for example syringes now take time to inject when shot from a syringe gun and you can pull them out or how blood tomatoes no longer make gibs
>>
>>410034
I keep hearing Bee is (sadly) the best option out there and more of a result of how limited the staff is rather than their decisions. I don't know if I can stand another server where I just do the same shit while a bunch of unlikable fags RP that what they're doing is actually engaging.

After merchantguild ended up being a huge farce I'm just waiting for another server like Kiwi, Hatestation, Hippie, etc to spring up. It's not even that I like LRP grief-fests. It's just this game is so damn stale now the only thing I find entertaining is beating back the forces of chaos and having the oasis in the completely desolate station. Maybe one of the rumored projects just pans out. If it gets bad enough I might just start something on SS14 when it becomes serviceable.
>>
>>410034
>tg finally put in my suggestion of non-universal airlock wires after calling me retarded for months

That server is fucked regardless, but god damn they actually did something good for once. Hacking was way too fucking easy.

In fact, here's a real pro gamer tip for servers which still use universal wires: Go test out wires on an escape pod airlock. They're powered, but they can't shock you. No insuls needed. Find test and bolt, enjoy all access without having to tide the golden mitts.
>>
How do I go back in time and try to gatekeep successfully to prevent retards/streamers from ruining this game like they do every other?
>>
>>392034
doxxing redditors is a good thing and that’s a hill im willing to die on
>>
>>352517
tg players almost elected a player with a good campaign but ultimately the MRP faggot with “ban all slurs to make community more inclusive” candidate won. They keep repeating the exact same points about being ashamed to introduce people to SS13 because of muh systemic racism and someone saying nigger in game, but I wonder why don’t they just fuck off to goon or something if they really want to avoid this.
I highly suspect that none of those admin troons have any actual friends besides their antifa orgy troon comrades and thus this “influx of new blood” they promise will never come and they just use their newfound powers to ban people they dislike based on ideological basis
all in all, tg deserves to die but the process is already underway as bagil has been dead for nearly four months now
>>
>>410364
>tg players almost elected a player with a good campaign
who?
>>
>>410132
You never need insuls if you use a remote signaler as a multitool. Can even give yourself control of the door exclusively to trap people in rooms or just lock them out while you do your thing if you're super paranoid.

>>410357
What I was saying is those faggots said he LITERALLY WAS DOXXING PEOPLE and in the screenshot proof it was just him joking about doing it. They have such a distinct and faggoty way of speaking.

>>410364
The people who just want to screw around and have fun get bored eventually and move on while the losers with nothing else in their lives but their internet friends stay behind. I mean we saw that with Boomer. Everyone had real life obligations, burned out or left because the only people left were the SJW losers who just wanted to start Discord lynch mobs.
>>
>>410494
If they banned who I think it is they banned a robust god.
https://youtu.be/KY1IPZv5y1k

Even if he doxed Vekter, he's a chad. Vekter's one of the more autistic admins. He probably didn't since the ban's pretty nonspecific on "socials" and even admits it was a joke. Regardless what /tg/ tranny admins do is constantly give people petty notes. These notes turn into black marks and eventually the tranny admins use it as an excuse to permaban you. "heh nothin personal kid but you have multiple notes about this...".

Speaking of Vekter he's a huge retard. I've gaslighted him successfully in ahelps and I frequently ban evade/IP+CID+CKEY change and he's never any wiser to my autistic griefing.
>>
>>410635
>Regardless what /tg/ tranny admins do is constantly give people petty notes. These notes turn into black marks and eventually the tranny admins use it as an excuse to permaban you. "heh nothin personal kid but you have multiple notes about this...".
If people just left it to Sec and the heads to moderate the station and saved jannies for people who were making the game legit unplayable we wouldn't have retarded meta shit like this. The system is so broken it just makes people ignore it or abuse it. It's like this in every RP game I've played too save for Neverwinter Nights servers which was tabletop D&D Roleplaying in MMO form. Every server is ran like a Nanny State and this information gathering shit for every little thing is retarded.
>>
>>410428
I don’t know the guy, I just liked his campaign and thought he had an alright vision for the future. However at this point I’d take a cum sock as headmin over most of the competition. Guy was named Kieth or something, but I suppose it hardly matters now.
None of them can unfuck the shitty admin team however and coding is entirely out of their responsibility and influence zone. To unfuck tg you’d also need to fix codebase and remove half the maintainers besides the obvious Troon infestation
>>
>>410643
sec and head mains are basically an IC version of anti-fun power hungry jannies and often played by the same people
>>
shiii
>>
>>410800
>every round it's the same warden
>they lock down sec for no reason
>bolt half the doors leading in
>control everything and eveyone
>weld the air pumps and vents in armory/warden office
>perma antags on the sole reason that they are antags
>if they resist a bit or break shit in perma they baby jail them in the perma cells
Fun is only for them, not for anyone else. And this is on a server with little to no tiders because jannies banned them a long time ago. The warden does RP but if all the antags are perfectly countered and locked in baby jail where's the fun for the rest of the station?

>"this is sec's job, go do your own"
The game is boring if there is no conflicts and if I mess with sec as non-antag then I'll probably get banned by jannies for self antagging. Rounds like this are a chore.
>>
File: 435346347347.png (18 KB, 1920x129)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>352517
Is this /tg/station? Is this how far it went down the drain?
>>
>>410364
>but I wonder why don’t they just fuck off to goon or something if they really want to avoid this.
Because the entire ideology is to spread, not contain. They want you to change and if you don't change, they'll exile you. Doesn't matter if you want to be left alone, the fact that a community like yours exists is enough reason to try and influence and destroy it.
>>
>>410897
It's bee acacia. The server is good, certain players are cancer. The warden debrained (probably to forceborg) the only traitor because he did not cooperate and RP with them enough. The other secs were bored of nothing happening so they came to watch the debraining and taunt the traitor. On that server every round last for a few hours and most antags are stealthy so everyone is most often bored or playing with their friends to solve power issues and the like. I reckon /tg/ manuel is worse than this though.
>>
>>410635
>eventually the tranny admins use it as an excuse to permaban you. "heh nothin personal kid but you have multiple notes about this...".
Happen to me on /tg/
see:>>410897
The admin was basing this off of two notes left on me back in 2018 and 2016 which I did cooperate. The thing about this warning though is that I've used the name Oogtar Jumjumbog since 2012 off and on at various times and haven't gotten in trouble ever. Now suddenly a trialjanny gets mad at me for it because I was speaking in third person naked with a spear in my hand and it was seen as offensive indigenous peoples. I shit you not and I regret not saving the damn long chat log with him.
>>
>>410909
>Now suddenly a trialjanny gets mad at me for it because I was speaking in third person naked with a spear in my hand
Grug Caveman used to do this a lot on all the /tg/ servers and never got flak for it if I recall. But last I played /tg/ was a year ago so it may have changed.
>>
>>410800
You're wrong though anon, sure there's tons of insecure babies that play Head roles to feel like they have power. But as a greytider with thousands of hours on HoS (before I was banned for saying nigger too much) the job is a lot of fun. I hardly bother with arrests, my job is mostly breaking up fights and organizing fed style raids when there's a cult/revs/ect.
>>
>>410910
Grug Caveman is probably a lot less offensive. I don't know, I don't understand tranny logic. Also, trialjanny's will always be the fucking worst since they'll try to find offense to something that the higher ups have no issue with.
>>
>>410800
I been on countless servers of varying degrees of RP, and one of the major issues is when greytides and random killings from antagonistic occur. You do want a Sec officer to deal with that shit. Otherwise the rounds become unplayable. There's nothing worse than being a chemist, suddenly two unknown assistants break in, no security at all, try to steal your shit, and pound you unconscious for fighting back or yelling for help. Suddenly 10 minutes later all the doors are hacked open, the entire armory, captains office, and hops office have been looted and vandalized and people are being killed for sport even when neither the killer or victim are traitors.
Anyone remember NoxStation in 2013-2014? That was pretty much it. Server died due to no admins or anyone wanting to play security.
>>
File: terry a davis albanec.jpg (37 KB, 800x800)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>410909
As a /tg/ player since 2015 I've been permabanned multiple times.

Honestly I think it's kind of self defeating to play on /tg/ and give them a higher active player number. But at this point they're the closest thing to a classic SS13 server, even if they're constantly trying to casualize the game.

If you want to ban evade my tried and true method is just reinstalling Windows (new HWID), unplugging my modem for awhile (new IP), and swapping my WiFi card (new MAC). Oh and of course making a new BYOND account (new CKEY). Make sure not to use the same password as that can link you new account to your previous one (BYOND sticky bans). Do all the above and boom, brand new fancy CKEY.

Do all the above for a low effort "just werks" ban evasion. Not good if you want to constantly ban evade, for that you will need to use a Linux virtual machine to rapidly spoof your CID/MAC. Also you'll need a VPN but a phone with a hotspot works well. Make sure to keep track of the IPs you use!

quick explanation of terms
>HWID - hardware id, (sometimes called cid) refers to the random ID that's generated when you install windows
>MAC address - WiFi and Bluetooth devices have a (mostly) unique ID to every single one of them
>Sticky ban - Files on your PC that Byond makes to keep track of your ban. Server gets a copy too which includes your HWID and MAC (the combo known as a CID)
>CKEY - Fancy word for BYOND account
>CID - A unique identifier made from your HWID and MAC address

Reinstalling Windows changes is enough to change your HWID and clear your local sticky ban files. But you need to change your MAC address and IP address to fully change your identity to an SS13/BYOND game server.
>>
>>410935
>even if they're constantly trying to casualize the game.
The mechanics have been more and more like Baystation over time. Removing cloning and shit like medkits/burnpacks and what not made it much more complex but at the sametime removed the fun.
>>
>>410935
Oh and a quick note on changing MAC addresses. You just need to change your WiFi's mac, don't worry about Bluetooth.

You can use programs to spoof this but honestly I prefer to just change it at a hardware level. Less complicated in the long run. If you're using a desktop, use this as an opportunity to upgrade your WiFi card to something better. By changing WiFi cards you physically change MAC Addresses.

However there is a way you can get a new free WiFi card. Though technically it's a petty crime and for my own paranoid autism I won't explain it further than you are essentially abusing the Amazon return system without actually stealing from them. Not that I have ever done this of course.

However if you use a laptop or a motherboard with onboard WiFi, you still have options.

1. You can open up your motherboard and replace the mPCIe (or M.2 in some cases) WiFi card.

2. If your WiFi card is non-removable you can instead buy an external USB WiFI dongle and use that as your main device. Make sure to disable your original WiFi card in Control Panel.

Regardless you still can just use a spoofer or just setup a dedicated ban evasion Linux VM.
https://bwo.ink/ss13.php
>>
>>410894
>then I'll probably get banned by jannies for self antagging.
There in lies the problem. If sec is power tripping people should be able to overthrow them or at least they shouldn't be surprised when people start fucking with them. Much like the real world.

>>410956
They made it more complex but also dumbed it down at the same time, which just results in tedious bullshit with no room for interesting things to happen by mistake or on purpose. People throughout history always commented on midwits who do this shit.

>Removing cloning and shit like medkits/burnpacks and what not made it much more complex
You say that but ignore the fact that medical is literally just using hemostat on a body and afk'ing while it auto-repairs itself, you can't even make mistakes by using the wrong tool and the beds prevent organ decay. At least when we still had cloners if cloning got bombed Medical suddenly had a way higher skill ceiling. You had to rely on synthflesh and stuff you couldn't just afk with a hemostat and heal all the burn damage away, or you could go to botany, or you could go to robotics, etc. Now you just AFK with a hemostat.

Atmos isn't better off because they overcomplicated the pipe system with their stupid color coding addition and at the same time it's there to prevent retards from making mistakes. When you can't make mistakes you can't improvise and theres no problems to solve.
>>
>>410635
Vekter is still at the top of my going-to-get-outed-as-a-sexual-predator list
>>
I just met someone in game who said that all antags can only destroy things and not create, are griefers, and that antags should be removed. They only play sec and have all antags off when they're bored of being the only sec. Just how a person get this mindset boggles my mind to no end. It's not even on a hrp server either so I have no clue how they got to that train of thought.
>>
>>412029
Oh and the reason they said all this is because they got brainwashed by a traitor and thus became an antag and got really pissed off. They spaced themselves immediately after being brainwashed.
>>
File: 0eui4g.png (258 KB, 610x608)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>412029
>>412033
Everyone in this game lost the plot so much that shit doesn't suprise me. Antags probably would have been removed by now if it wasn't for the c*ders massive power fantasy boner for all their gear and powers.
>>
>>412029
>>412033
what server?
>>
>>412045
Bee acacia again. I ain't playing anything else because I don't want to play with combat mode shit thing and I like mid to low pop servers.
>>
>>412074
alright man, you don't have to get all defensive.
>>
>>412078
eh?
>>
>>412080
huh?
>>
>>412083
ha?
>>
>>412084
hm?
>>
File: 1625208216927.jpg (80 KB, 1024x753)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
I keep getting a deep burning feeling to just drop all my personal stuff, make a fork of SS14 and start going nuts. Getting the game back on the simulation autism it originally was on. I just know I'd get absolutely nothing in return for the insane time investment and the community would try to bury me for ignoring the trannies.
>>
>>412238
You should do it man! I have a similar growing desire to fork goonstation with late 90's internet culture rules (say anything but play well). I saw someone get banned from there for calling someone a bitch, can you believe that?
>>
>>412251
>can you believe that?
I can believe anything with this community.
>>
>>412238
How far along is SS14? Does it have any promise? Last I checked it doesn't have body parts or organs yet.
>>
>>412238
Someone make a ss13 version. VM VS have their own.
>>
>>412515
It's a long way from being done but I can sprint circles around them while also being able to take their changes when they finally get around to it.
>>
So what's your set of must-have features on a /vm/station server? What kind of theme would you prefer to see?
>inb4 features/themes that would require massive amounts of coding
>inb4 /vg/ & tg troons shitposting in response
>inb4 /vm/station never
>>
>>414356
gonna break my own rule about massive coding changes with a neat idea
>multiple miniature stations
>divided between departments, e.x. Command & Sec, Science & Botany, Cargo/Engineering
>small cargo shuttles shuffle mats/gear between stations
>HoP approves/denies transfers between stations, either permanent or transitory
>Sec outposts become actually useful, miniature medical bays like sec outposts, with main surgery ward on one
>engine has added layer of autism involving distributing power, using something like microwave power transmission beams
>antags now have to stealthily hop between stations
>escape pods can be emagged to go to other stations
ideally this would all be separate Z levels similar to Boomer's custom shuttle code, with wrapped Z levels so there's the semi-consistent threat of getting marooned on your small section.
>>
>>414361
Cordoning off players into their own individual autism forts is really missing the point. You're supposed to be trapped in this hellhole with departments that may not necessarily share the same goals as you, as well as forces within and outside the station trying to bring it all to ruin.
>>
ban transstuff
>>
>>414356
i want a classic tg codebase from the stun era and before they added catshit
>>
is paradise station any good?
>>
>>415313
no
>>
File: revolver.jpg (66 KB, 640x640)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>410905
i still dont get why bee jannies replaced golden with that server no one plays on because most people would rather just wait in the sage queue than play low pop mrp
>>
>>415841
admins hate low rp because they can't ban people they don't like over dumb rules

low rp bee used to have ~80 pop on daily basis before they started mass banning people
>>
give me the rundown on what servers are good (best if none are good) that have actual pop
>>
File: 32c.gif (39 KB, 399x369)
39 KB
39 KB GIF
>>416915
you answered your own question, none are good. the last good server died this month

unless you're ozzy, then go play /au/station it's pretty based
>>
>>416915
farweb, is12, and cev eris are all pretty good with a respectable pop.
>>
>>415841
bee jannies are unironically retarded
>>
>>389426
Sounds a lot like Eris' system. Except the security company is less of 'peacekeepers' and more 'enforces their corporate policy with the blessing of the captain, and acts like the captain's own PMC"

There's also a church faction who gets into fights with them reasonably often. Honestly, highly reccomend it. Give the wiki a look.
I think the better part of the server is that their coders get paid incentives. So they put out reasonably good stuff, since it has to be bugchecked before they get paid.
>>
>>418897
how corrupted their admin team is?
is it at normal, weeb, furry or tranny stage?
>>
>>418898
Admin team's pretty normal as far as I see. The last major perma was for a dude that would just make bombs every round, even if he wasn't science. And just shit up rounds by bombing everything.
If I remember correctly. One of the ingame admins is a Russian in Japan who talks about aparthied regularly. So make of that what you will.
>>
>play tg
>trespass into hop office and start jerking around
>blue hair anime hos with a tele shield walks in and starts shooting disabler beam at you
>try to dodge but not enough space
>get arrested
>hos keeps *spinning like a retard, repeats gamer stuff like "skill issue", flashes you ten times just to piss you off and then takes you to brig

do sec mains undergo an orgasm whenever they arrest someone?
>>
>>420251
Secmains on TG, Paradise, Bee, Fulp. They all operate the same way for the most part. "Secure valids". No fun allowed. No antag gimicks allowed. If you are valid, you get beaten to death.
>>
>>410635
>robust god
>absolute chad
>killing barely armed people with the captain hardsuit and sleeping carp
The absolute state of newfags licking the ass of these people, his ban was stupid but the dude was a fucking autist like all the other youtube murderboners who suck the fun out of the game whenever they are around.
>>
>>420297
this doesn't apply to servers like tg where pretty much everyone will try to murder you given the slightest clue you are valid including people who cry about murderboning

removing tg players from the round before they get a chance to remove you is the only proper way to play loud antag in 2021. It's sad but it is what it is
>>
File: rebex.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Guys I have a question. I am an outsider who does not play SS13 and have read this entire thread and seen problems I am very familiar with (tranny communist mods infiltrating games and ruining them etc) I have a question for all of you. I made that game Dragon Universe that was #2 on BYOND for years until BYOND deleted it etc. Dragon Universe was known to be BASED as far as no behaviour restrictions etc, at least my server that I ran. On my server admins didn't even play the game or fuck with people.

So how would it be received if I started a SS13 server that was the antithesis to these tranny commie servers that seem to be the only option currently? And that I don't know anything about SS13 mechanics or which codebase to fork? But you can rest assured any server I run, despite the problems, will be completely based and the antithesis and mortal enemy of the tranny commie servers. (I literally hate those type of people so much)

Maybe instead of hosting it on the hub though I should go the Lifeweb route and have it have no hub? (At least that's my understand of lifeweb, idk where tf it even is)
>>
>>420339
As an admin I wouldn't view my job as what an admin's job is typically seen as, I view my main job as keeping the server free of tranny communist influences, because they are the most dangerous thing to any game. The war against them is eternal.
>>
>>420339
Also instead of my goal being trying to add new shit to the game I think my goal should be to polish what's already there and from the look of it possibly remove some tranny features, and also revive features that were nerfed/removed but are known to have been loved by the community.

TLDR: Polish what's already there because this thread makes it sound like a burning shitfire that lost its soul
>>
nevermind in retrospect i dont want involved in the byond dumpsterfire anymore. what was i thinking. i would have to be crazy.
>>
>>420339
There'll be a few retarded crypto trannies telling you that "UMM IT'S OVER DONE!", even though no one's doing it.

If you host a server, in the beginning you should have a fixed playtime and make it very clear to players when the server's up. Then when populations get healthy, experiment with hosting more and more often.

I'm an SS13 veteran and a pretty experienced programmer. However I'm still learning how to wrangle the autistic codebase. I've been working on a modern version of /tg/ with all the comforts (easy hotkeys, lag minimization, ect) but without all the shitty (literal) tranny changes.
>>
>>420339
Just for the love of god do not grab that shitty smart pipe system /tg/ added. It makes atmos unplayable.
>>
what static names did you use /vm/bros?
>>
>>420724
On what server?
>>
>>420742
on the server you played
>>
>>420746
Used to play as Calvinia Christmas on Terry back in the day. Haven't been there in long while though.
>>
>>420667
>There'll be a few retarded crypto trannies telling you that "UMM IT'S OVER DONE!", even though no one's doing it.
I was one of those. The idea of running a classic /tg/ server has been swimming in the back of my head for a while but when I kept being reminded how other servers like it died from pop issues I overdosed on blackpills.
Also I was lied to that merchantguild was a 2018 /tg/ server
>>
>>420797
Just because no one's running a server correctly doesn't mean the concept's inherently bad
>>
>>420825
Everyone who wants a classic /tg/ server has a different definition of what "correctly" is.
>>
>>420825
>>420831
On one extreme you have Kiwi/Hatestation which had 0 admins for months with players and on the other extreme you have whitesands where you'd have to justify every griefy action you did.
>>
>>420862
No one ever called Whitesands "classic". In fact no one played it here other than the gay shill host
>>
>>420724
used to go by Reed Rogers. i'm incredibly glad i switched to randomnaming / making actual characters, much more fun.
>>
>>420963
The codebase was literally classic /tg/ aside from the space ships they added. Fusion, cloners and all. Only problem was the jannies bwoinking you the second you did something out of line because you needed a reason to do everything. Also find it funny how you talk shit about them but when the host or others from the server show up you skedaddle.
>>
Why the fuck is this game on here when it already has a /vg/
>>
>>421535
Because /vg/station's codebase fucking sucks.
>>
All you guys do is whine about shit all day maybe play a different game like barotrauma or some shit to scratch that itch
>>
>>421544
Nothing will scratch the itch. You have no idea just how deep the autism pit goes for this game. You have no idea what it's like to rewrite the entire medical wing because you think the AI is rogue based on the CMO getting zapped by a door, then being proven right but you cut the AI's access to all the doors and cams so it can't touch you because it can't see you and even though the station has no power you have a backup powerbank and a generator to keep medical lit indefinitely, but the AI threatens to nuke the entire station which you can't get to it in time but a particularly robust clown you brought back from the dead manages to break into the AIs chamber, kidnap it, deep fry it and eat it.
>>
File: ss13 tcg.png (2.87 MB, 2560x1440)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
would you niggers play a ss13 tcg?
>>
>>421773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw
>>
>>421534
>the codebase was classic /tg/
It had a wound system that was more rapey and HRP than current day /tg/. Not only that but it had borderline HRP rules, joined as an assistant and unwrenched a pipe and instantly got bwoinked.

Besides the server was basically a hangout group for a bunch of Discord friends.
>>
>>422099
>Besides the server was basically a hangout group for a bunch of Discord friends.
ban discord from being used and it solves so many problems
>>
>>422099
>It had a wound system that was more rapey and HRP than current day /tg/.
You know I overlooked that. I realize the atmos shit was all fucked up too. Unwrenching a single superheated pipe meant the entire station was boiling temps and you literally could not cool it without blowing a hole in the station. Optimized waste loop? Didn't work. Building freezers with a passive vent? Give yourself 30-40 minutes. 10 max upgraded space heaters? 20 minutes. I actually brought it up with the Discord and a jannie who clearly didn't play atmos tried justifying it. Then throw in the fact they would randomly spawn pyroclasts that would superheat parts of the station.

>Not only that but it had borderline HRP rules, joined as an assistant and unwrenched a pipe and instantly got bwoinked.
Yeah I mentioned that was the big problem. It was weird and autistic. Like I said the jannies bwoinked you if you did something even slightly out of line. You weren't even in trouble you just had to justify what you were doing. So you could be a LRP shitter but you had to tell the jannie every single action you were doing. It made it so no one wanted to do anything crazy and made the game really stale. The jannies were actually just on here explaining that shit >>409709 >>409714 >>409717 >>409718 That's why I mean it's on the exact opposite spectrum of Kiwi which had no admins. Too far. I get the feeling people don't want total unmoderated pandemonium.
>>
>>421773
Only if it does something interesting with the cards mechanics, and isn't just a heathstone/MTG clone.
>>
bump
>>
I wish there was something like SS13 but designed around LRP instead of being flooded with HRP trannies
There's no game where you can fuck around to the same extent as in SS13, so it's a shame all the servers that anyone plays ban fun.
>>
>>364527
Hands play an important role to an autistic level. Try smoking a cigarette or lighting a match and you'll understand why. Also server rules. Theyre not enforced equally. You'll get shit for killing people needlessly but then you'll get killed by someone and nothing will happen to them. Especially of theyre security. And people take role playing too seriously sometimes. If youre like me you'll play it for a week or two, learn some stuff, then get bored.
>>
>beestation
>scientist is tot with glorious death objective
>gets both his targets to sci after a while
>one is ssd so it's easy
>he finished doing toxins before that
>maxcaps himself with both of his targets
>sci is gone
>medical is full of statics who nearly always play medical and know their stuff
>medical get hardsuit, recover the heads of the three guys and clone them
>instant cuffing the tot then straightjacket then putting in a locker after cloning
>then weld the locker for bonus
>20 minutes until shuttle
I felt his pain from so far away.
>>
>>400242
So... clesring cookies would fix that?
>>
File: 22vf5cz9apAF4x.png (70 KB, 1456x180)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
Everytime I play this server I get extremely disappointed at the lackluster codebase. You can't even combine gasses in atmos.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (14 KB, 480x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>410034
i was actually wrong they didnt nerf slugs they just straight up removed buckshot and slugs
>>
Post funni greentexts of station shenanigans
>be cargo
>find cuffs
>get into maint
>found by sec
>they let me go without my cuffs
>find blownup room and weird stone in an altar
>touch stone
>die
>>
File: glucosemecaptain.png (374 KB, 1118x661)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>429397
>>
>>386145
what the fuck is Fusion, I don't remember it and when I come back after a 1 or 2 years hiatus there was nanites and removed singularity from the game when you could at least get cargo to get one.
>>
>>429895
nuclear fusion
>>
File: supercancer.webm (250 KB, 1000x950)
250 KB
250 KB WEBM
>>429895
Fusion has been in the game for a long time and went through 6-7 major overhauls. It's really obscure because only atmos autists can pull it off. Basically if you have the right ratio of gasses at the right temperature they fuse together shooting particles everywhere and create a ton of radiation. If you get hit by those without a haz suit you're dead although you wont know it until you mutate 5 times, have all your hair fall out and fall over. It also creates a lot of funny gasses that are usually hard to get.

It use to happen just as a byproduct of atmos physics, sometimes even happening in the turbine, but /tg/ replaced it with a machine you pump the gasses into that also needs power and really isn't worth the effort you put in.
>>
File: file.png (506 KB, 644x487)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
Anyone else get this?
>>
>>430105
I'd rather someone try to recreate the spirit of ss13 instead of trying to remake it
>>
>>430105
I played it and hung around the discord. They're still missing a lot of features and don't plan on adding a lot of them. Space and lavaland are being cut for example. The focus is on forcing everyone to be together and making all the jobs rely on cooperating with other departments. Basically take all the code changes people complain about on /tg/ and make an entire game out of them. It's really going to come down to whether or not some autist is going to make a half-decent codebase on there.

UnityStation is trying to recreate /tg/ from 2016 but it has a load of it's own problems. They recently had a massive security risk in their codebase which was patched but it shows that their tech debt is catching up with them.
>>
>>430142
>The focus is on forcing everyone to be together and making all the jobs rely on cooperating with other departments.
Why's that bad
>>
>>430147
Forced RP makes for extremely repetitive gameplay.
I do not want to have to do the exact same RP every single fucking round just because some shitty c*der said so. It's incredibly boring.
>>
>>430147
>Why's that bad
It's forcing player interaction in the laziest most boring way possible. It's also focusing on the jobs which is the weakest part of the game because you get bored of them after the 20th time. It also doesn't consider how autistic loners can impact the game in weird ways, like the xenobio doing weird science experiments that revives the entire station as sentient slimes or animals, the lavaland miner everyone forgot about coming back to robust the antagonist, or the atmos who floods the station with H20 and BZ to kill the slime invasion/just to prank people.

Never have I had fun in SS13 because I had to wait on someone else doing their job or someone actually did their job this time. All the interesting interactions I've had naturally spawned from circumstances in the game. Joining the alien mafia because the crew is lynching us, having to team up with my department crewmates because we don't trust anyone else, teaming up with other greyshitters to create a little crime ring and build a fort out of stolen shit, having to figure out how I'm getting out of the burning station with the 3 other people trapped in the maints, etc.
>>
>>430147
It isn't. They're just mad they can't say the n-word.
>>
>>430168
>forced interaction is forced RP
>>
>>430179
What he says still stands true. Forcing players to play a certain way means every round will be the same.
>>
>>430067
I just miss setting up the singularity and calling it a day instead of fucking around with gases and probably blowing myself up.
I also miss setting the singularity loose as an antag.
>>
>>431209
The SM is really really easy to setup. You can singuloose still too but it takes some obscure knowledge of how the SM works. Basically the SM has 3 different ways to meltdown. The default is the explosion. Overcharging it gives you a tesla. Over-pressuring it gives you a singulo.
>>
>>429133
Code the change you want to see.
plus despite(or maybe because) the lack of features they've got the smoothest gameplay ever.
>>
>>433149
Nah the games dead. Everyone just wants 2018 /tg/.
>>
>>433149
/vg/ would be good if it had more hotkeys, clicking your modules as borg/mommi makes me want to kill myself.

/tg/ has a lot of good quality of life features I wish /vg/ had. Like the universal damage system for objects. Also what's the idea behind making tables unclimbable in /vg/? Feels like a retarded /tg/-tier balance idea.
>>
>>429133
I don't understand this complaint. Can't combine gasses in atmos? You can mix gasses just fine.
>>
>>433261
>combine
>mix
You're mixing up two different things. This is how stripped down and barebones /vg/ is you don't even know about a basic concept that's on most other stations by now.

You can't make combine/heat gasses to make other gasses like H2O, Stimulum, Nitryl, Plux or BZ in /vg/station. You even can have fusion coming from gasses mixing like >>430067. Without it right away most of the autism for atmos is gone and the job only exists to grief or put out fires. There's never 10,000 IQ plays like flooding the station with H2O to kill slimes or 0.1% BZ to fuck up Lings while no one else suffers any side effects.
>>
>>353886
blame YouTubers playing the game
>>
>>433707
The game had furries and faggots before any youtuber did videos on it, though they did accelerate it going to shit.
>>
What's wrong with vg Station?
>>
>>433735
Overly simplistic codebase. Not much room for autism or anything interesting to happen. Basically it's not /tg/-based or lifeweb.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.