[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 83 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: HIF1WvD[1].png (401 KB, 670x346)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
The gore in this game is really something else
>>
new designated mordhau thread?
any update?
what and when is this supposed to be "Combat 2" update drops?
>>
File: mordhau222.webm (2.92 MB, 800x450)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
Fucking hate faggot mods that do this
>>
>>350107
>any update?
probably sometime in the summer from what I can tell
combat 2 isn't a thing, just going to be gradual changes to mechanics
>>
>>350305
protip: pavise and shield block bullets
i make it a sport to hunt down and teabag retards i see walking around with that gay pistol out
>>
File: 1492204619752.jpg (85 KB, 640x640)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>peasants, monks, jesters
>cavemen
>quasimodos
>the english
>zombies
>yet STILL no option to play as a skeleton in armor
>>
>>350897
dont forget women soon
>>
>>350897
skelebros are cool and severely underrepresented
who gives a fuck about women, the only ones who want them ingame are ironically literal faggots
>>
>>350305
>you... uh... had [ITEM] out and that makes you a RDMer troll
>>
File: faghau.webm (2.85 MB, 800x450)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>350305
Responsible server admin, definitely not power tripping
>>
>>351339
LOL, you had that one coming
>>
>>351339
>crossbownigger mad he got kicked
lmao
>>
>>351339
I like these webms where you kill these with crossbows. more.
>>
File: nucrossbow1.webm (2.94 MB, 1024x576)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>351524
Ok
>>
File: nucrossbow2.webm (2.98 MB, 1024x576)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>
File: nucrossbow3.webm (2.92 MB, 1024x576)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>
File: nucrossbow4.webm (2.98 MB, 1024x576)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>
File: nucrossbow5.webm (2.91 MB, 800x450)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
>go to play
>5 frontline servers with less than 80 ping
>4 of them running castello
>1 server full
>exit game
>>
>>351759
thanks I was thinking of buying it today but you changed my minth
>>
>>351759
I like mordhau more but my ping is lower and more stable in chiv 2
>>
File: image.jpg (1.53 MB, 1125x1556)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
I’ve never played mordhau but surely pulling out a crossbow in the middle of a fight is faggot behavior
>>
>>351887
Yes but at the same time crossbows cost a lot of loadout points so anyone with one will probably be in light armor with a cheap weapon, and pretty much all meme builds are like that so it'd be the type of shit you'd expect from them.
>>
File: cheeky_crossbow.webm (2.97 MB, 1280x720)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>351887
Mordhau is not a serious game Anon.
>>
>>351887
it's literally banned by the pope
>>
File: bowchad.webm (2.93 MB, 1000x563)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>351887
it is only for chads. You are playing with a big point handicap if you equip a crossbow. You are an ultrachad if you take 2 crossbows and style on shitters who cry about MUH BOWS despite the fact that you have a shitty weapon, no armor, and they gave you enough space to equip+fire the crossbow
>>
Man, I'm sick of objective modes. Nobody plays them for objectives, just TDM with window dressing. I'd rather people get real and just play TDM only.
>>
>>351884
Anyone know how people get 10-30 ping? Do you literally just have to live in the city where the servers are or do a lot of gamer NEETs actually buy that exitlag shit too? I am in Texas and live maybe 3 hours from the servers because people said central servers are in Austin or something right? But I still get 60-100 ping.
>>
>>351968
I just wear a longbow on my back for cosmetic and psychological reasons and top the scoreboard with 0/3/0 axe
>>
>MORDHAU IS A TURN BASED GAME!!! YOUR SUPPOSED TO WAIT UNTIL MY 2 SECOND LONG DRAG IS COMPLETE OR YOU'RE GAMBLING!!! STOP GAMBLEINGING YOU NOOB >:( ASDAGFJHSDGH HOLY SHIT I CALLED YOU THE N WORD I'M SOO SOORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT NOOO NO BANNERINO WAIT PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOO
>>
>>352166
>mordhau tryhards are angry that they got gambled by LMB spammer on chiv 2
lol
>>
missed your rageface, redditor
>>
I haven't played in 5 months because I was in Africa and I'm hype for 3x smoke again
>>
>>352288
>because I was in Africa
wat
>>
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/oac3u5/weekly_feedbackdiscussion_629_75/
>We're looking into Hardware ID (HWID) bans, which could help massively if we're able to get that working.
Bros?
>>
>say anything
>UH OH SWEETIE :( YOUR'RE MOBO IS NOW FLAGGED :) PLEASE RESPECT LGBTQP+BIPOC PEOPLE
i guess ill just spoof it, eat shit trannies
not that theyre ever going to implement it, they are too retarded for it
>>
>>351339
I like your crossbow play as a duel weapon, but sniping from a distance somebody who killed you in duel is a faggot move
>>
>>352654
he didn't flourish so its RDM
>>
>>350073
True. It's one of the reasons why I wish it wasn't shit.
>>
>Hey all, you know the drill - please post any feedback, suggestions, concerns etc. that come to mind! As always, please keep things civil and be respectful to one another. Thanks a ton for all the feedback you provide us, and we appreciate your patience as we work on the engine update. :heart:
>This week was a catch-up in terms of our meeting, as we had quite a few people not able to make it last week. Feast your eyes on our meeting notes below!
>We're switching 80 player servers to 64 player servers. This should help with client performance (your fps) and may or may not help with packet loss/network issues on the server side of things.
>We're looking into engineer spam. We don't want to ruin the engineer playstyle, but we're looking to balance things to prevent D-Day levels of fire-ballista machinegun spam. We're looking into ways of keeping the impact of the fire pit and mounted crossbows but limiting how oppressive they can be, as right now a few of them can lock down objectives and destroy nobles instantly.
>We're tweaking our matchmaking logic to prioritize filling servers, at the moment they like to put people in empty lobbies for some reason.
>Latest mod tools updates: Epic will be looking at our SDK in July :(((
>Horde maps will now have some peasant weapons :slight_smile:
>We've began testing with the new Horde AI spawning system, which seems very promising.
>Camp's audio facelift is nearly done, and it should be super immersive. The river actually makes noise now! Crossroads is next, which is getting some audio/ambiance improvements as well.
>Our new chat logging system will allow community server owners to log their server's chat to a Discord channel - pretty much the same functionality we'll have for officials in the future.

1/2

>>352474
>linking reddit
kys
>>
>Speaking of servers, RCON is getting some improvements.
>We've been trying some experimental changes to the filter system on the server browser.
More optimizations - the FPS train don't stop. We've been working on Arena and a few other maps/areas this week. Coming up this week, we'll be doing an optimization pass on Camp.
>Animation work is ongoing - 1H+shield animations are being polished, and morph animations are in the process of being tweaked as well.
>Some backend work on map selection is ongoing. This should allow us a bit more options for how maps are presented on the vote screen, which will be nice for the upcoming maps and for when we do more map variations.
>We're looking into Hardware ID (HWID) bans, which could help massively if we're able to get that working.
>We talked to our server providers, who haven't been able to find issues on EU servers that we're getting reports about. We're still investigating, and more information is always useful.
>More work on Noria - some snippets coming this week!
>Castello work is ongoing - the bottom has been reworked and opened up for better gameplay, among other things. We're also looking to add a minor objective to the map as well, mainly to help with some pacing and spawn issues. In addition to this, the portcullis objective will be getting some tweaks that make that objective more focused on fighting outdoors instead of fighting over a doorway.

2/(i guess it was actually 3 not 2) 3
>>
>Some more AI tweaks, animations backend work, and some changes to some backend code for combat. The last thing might help a bit with combo consistency and will allow us to explore combo slowdowns on missed attacks.
>We're also looking into a simplified way to do a combo-feint-to-parry. Skilled players don't really have any issues doing the inputs, but for new players it just adds another hidden and frustrating mechanic. Having a one-button press for it just makes things easier for new players to start getting up to speed. Currently experimental.
>The Armory Update is chugging along. Some improved search functions have been worked on, and things are going well.
>Some Javelin skins are being made - they look like a handheld ballista bolt, aka war darts. :slight_smile:
>Whew, quite a bit this week!

3/3
>>
>>352744
>>We're also looking into a simplified way to do a combo-feint-to-parry. Skilled players don't really have any issues doing the inputs, but for new players it just adds another hidden and frustrating mechanic. Having a one-button press for it just makes things easier for new players to start getting up to speed. Currently experimental.
you literally just combo. how is this difficult for new players?
>>
>>352166
Wait... they even ban you for saying nigger now? what even is the hook of the game now then?
>>
>>352758
Now the only hook is that there are no other options for medieval mp combat games since Chiv 2 was complete dogshit. Yes you get banned for saying nigger. The devs did one of their weekly updates a few weeks ago and they were gloating/proud about banning over 9,000 accounts for "toxicity"
>>
File: Suicide_2.webm (2.81 MB, 1800x900)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>352740
>>352742
>>352744
also forgot to post it but they are going to put in a suicide animation
>>
>>352763
There goes any thought of ever reinstalling. Fun, free chatting while playing was a great part of the game. I could stomach most of the rest of the shit but now I don't feel like I ever have to. Sad times.
>>
>>350073
As some medieval weapon experts stated; the decapitations are over the top and not very realistic, but it's a game so whatever
>>
>>352772
That's pretty much in tune with my educated guess.

t. sword collector and historical society member
>>
>>352748
I guess making the feint or parry keybind contextually parry (if in neutral), feint-to-parry (if in an attack animation), or combo-feint-to-parry (if in recovery from a previous attack) really doesn't have a downside. Like each of those things will be 100% the best option if you're inputting a parry at that moment. There's no situation where you're hitting the parry button after a strike and you want it to literally do nothing. Having it start a combo and then parry makes sense. It won't affect anyone who knows what they're doing but making inputs easier isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>352769
god i wish that were me
>>
>>352769
Starts fine. Should just ragdoll after the stab. The falling to your knees shit looks terrible. I cant believe I thought this animator they hired was actually a good thing. First the squat animation turns into the current abomination, then flourish turns into an ugly shit because MUH REALISM, now suicide will be a ugly shit
>>
>>352758
Is your understanding that the selling point of the game is that it provides you a space in which to say the gamer word?
>>
>>352814
Yes.
>>
File: EcNZG-dXsAAMbiw.jpg (147 KB, 1200x675)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>352878
>>
File: bn0asoao4f261.jpg (84 KB, 960x720)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Pic related is an feature in this game but we can't get new maps or objectives.

Mordhau is dead.
>>
>>352814
Aye. The community, and the freedom to interact with it was important to me. The maps were kinda subpar, and few. The game modes few, and still managed to have a dead mode anyways. Shit servers with the highest ping of any game I play. Animations which... well >>352734 describes pretty well, and iirc that's from a tournament.
Game could work, click perfectly and be a beautiful experience every once in a while, but it's rare enough, and it was at least partly propped up by actually free and fun banter and chat. I don't see why I would reinstall it now honestly, though I'll miss it.
Not at all related, but calling it the "gamer word" really dumbs down the issue. It's worse than "n word". Just fucking say nigger, there's no evil words.
>>
>>352938
Ah yes, I too take my freedom to interact with the community by calling them nigger faggots very seriously. I already uninstalled Mordhau after receiving a temp ban for calling an enemy archer a faggoty ten year old and telling him to get raped by his uncle again. That was bad enough, but additional mod tools are a bridge too far. I've destroyed the computer I previously had the game installed on and will be setting fire to Crush's house as soon as I can buy a ticket to that shithole of a country he lives in.

I too, will miss the game, but I agree with you: I don't see myself reinstalling it either. It all could have been so different. It's just a shame I can't call spam about gassing the kikes in chat. I can't have an enjoyable gaming experience without it.
>>
>>352944
I see dumbing down the issue is the only way you're able to perceive it, anon.
I guess I'll wish you safety from evil words, and the privilege to always be able to speak freely. Enjoy your very popular and constantly updated game.

>>352903
But we can hope for something better to rise from its ashes, anon.
>>
>>352949
I was just impressed by the earnestness with which you replied. The other Anon was either ironic or at least brief, but you legit typed up a paragraph like "yes, being able to say the n word in chat is integral to my gaming experience and I will not be installing this game because I'll get banned for it." Like the prompt itself was tongue in cheek but you responded entirely without irony, this is real shit for you.
>>
Is this game worth buying? warband MP is kinda dead and so is chivalry (not buying chivalry 2 on gay epic) so I need something to fill the gap
>>
>>350305
you can parry the bolt so xbow is fair play, slick move
>>
>>353042
If you liked Chivalry you will like Mordhau, it's the same game but with better combat and customization. It was Chivalry 2 before Chivalry 2 came out.
>>
My favorite thing in this game is tilting people. I love to teabag their bodies and tell them to bad fight, git fukked. I especially love noobies because I can kill them in highly amusing ways that they can't react to. What do you do to send others into a frothing rage?
>>
>>352949
Last time I play Warband Napoleonic War the cahts is exactly like /int/, IDK if it still alive today or even if they have installed word filter or autoban. But yeah it's kinda suck that there are some keyword if you put in, will autoban the chat feautre on Mordhau.
Why nigger, nigga are such controversial keywords?
>>
>>353237
Usually trying to find the pubhero and cockblock him in lengthy stamwar duels until he quits the game because I ruined his k:d
>>
File: 1625017832734.jpg (13 KB, 199x253)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>353237
I like to find the tryhards in frontline and fuck with them as much as possible. Just following them around and throwing rocks at them as soon as they get into a fight, using flame ballistas to quickly destroy catapults that they love to camp on, killing horse mains with javelins, shit like that.
>>
>>352740
>sdk delayed
wow its fucking nothing
>>352769
if they remove the end button ragdoll death i am actually going to go to the house of that faggot dev living two hours away from me and beat the shit out of his pasty retard ass
>>
>>352949
they are purposefully delaying the SDK because they know that everybody would immediately fuck off to community servers and the tranny janny powers they worked oh so hard on would be worthless
>>
>>353237
i join, target the highest level of a server (still lower than me), demolish his ass and tell him he's a scrub and should deinstall, then leave
>>
>>353355
desu killing catapults and horses is what you should be doing regardless. It's insane how one guy who knows how to aim a catapult can just run away with a game if nobody destroys it.
>>
>>353386
True, but I have a special class set up with two toolboxes and nothing else just for killing catapults. I can build a fire pit and a ballista in one go, and with the extra damage kill the cata in seconds from across the map. On camp, I can usually keep the catapult down for almost the entire match.
>>
>>352416
Work
>>
>>351339
lmao that crouch dodge
>>
>>353393
engineers are getting nerfed so tough shit
>>
>>353718
>t. Salty cata-cuck
>>
>>353381
Sounds legit but how do you know this? Discord?
>>
>>353794
it's very subtle, just look at """"veteran"""" feedback thread
>>
>>353381
community servers also suffer from power tripping
>>
>>354015
at least it wouldn't be tripping from the people you actually paid
>>
>>352769
so they literally just skimmed copied chiv2? never understood why you don't just instagib, would be funnier
>>
>>352814
why is it ok to played a gory murder simulator where you mutilate people, but saying a word is worse? you people have the most bizarre morality, and no self-awareness
>>
>>353237
raging enemies is boring and incredibly unimaginative, you're following the rules and you somehow think you're breaking the mold in any way? this is a violent, grotesque bloody killing manipulation simulation. how you die is hardly impactful, as if it makes anything any worse. it would be funny if you were blatantly hacking with slapstick godlike ability. because that's not a part of the plan, that sends dudes into panic. or just killing teammates, a rule breaker is the last thing they expected.
https://youtu.be/0MGtVImFMGE
>>
>>353355
try chucking rocks at the dude on the ballista on the red teams side from the balcony on whatever the fuck that map is. duck behind the small wall every time they get off and try to see who's being the gnat
>>
>>354088
nah just from random retards who are under absolutely no obligation of providing you any kind of service instead
>>
>>354129
as if the people in charge are obliged to give you service. they won't
>>
>>354130
t. wants to spam nigger on chat
>>
>>354145
dude you get banned for saying "dork" in a fucking bloody murder simulator give me a fucking break
>>
File: plumed_menace.jpg (76 KB, 512x512)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>354090
>why is it ok to played a gory murder simulator where you mutilate people, but saying a word is worse?
I kinda agree. I don't care if anyone types nigger in chat, and I don't believe a lot of people do either. The actual problem are the morons who keep complaining about other morons in chat.
The other day I witnessed a conversation that went like
>you are no life neet
>"lmao I'm a carpenter"
>ah so you are working class scum
>"you probably have no idea what real work is"
>I'm disabled you cunt
this went on for the entire match. next match, carpenter guy was gone, and disabled guy kept ranting about him to some friend
>you wouldn't believe what just happened, a guy just boasted about being a carpenter, the nerve of some people
this is free fucking entertainment. sometimes I just stop playing and keep reading this bullshit for the entirety of the match.
>>
File: 1609008298791.png (107 KB, 261x348)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>354145
>>
File: 1604081782636.png (1.57 MB, 932x934)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
i played some games with a friend of mine that lives in the north, i live in cali
i get 20-25 ping he gets 35-40 usually to servers local to me
ONLY when it comes to mordhau are we never capable of getting pings that good
if i connect to his server i get 80 ping, if we connect to a nearby server to me he gets 64 ping, if we connect somewhere in a mid point we both get 48 ping
ive gotten servers next to me that give me 32 ping when in reality that should never ever be the fucking case

what the fuck is wrong with this game
>>
File: 1619818289249.jpg (154 KB, 770x770)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
i saw a level 420 today, how the fuck
>>
>>354528
I probably never saw someone higher then 230 on EU
>>
>>354659
i haven't in all my near 1000 hours playing seen anybody higher than 230 or so either. until that guy just randomly showed up one match. not sure if it's legit or some kind of horde farming bot or hack. has to be 4000+ hours at least. his score was completely average.
>>
>>354528
horde botting.
>>
>>354397
>20-25 ping
fake ping
>>
>>351339
>Get styled on
>Seethe and shoot the guy who trashed you in the back
>Get kicked
>Bitch
Stay small.
>>
>>354703
more like he didn't like tasting his own poison
>>
>>351619
EZ breezy crossbow girl
>>
>>351887
Only a faggot would think that
>>
>>354156

It's a chat room with a neat sword fighting game built in.
>>
>>355287
pretty much this
>>
>trust me bro, x is totally OP and y is shit
>x turns out to be bait while you dominate with y
name the weapon, anon
>>
>>355582
X is the weapon you're bad at
Y is the weapon I'm good at
The truth is that almost every weapon aside from the really shit ones can be used to topscore. I couldn't do shit with a short sword, even when I was going full sweat.
>>
>>354668
how does the leveling even work? is it linear, or does it get slower after 200? because the highest players are always around 200
>>
>>356110
It does get much slower after 200. I forgot the numbers, but there are a few levels where things start taking longer. I think it was 1-50, 50-100, 100-180, 180-200+
Thats the general idea anyways, again I dont know if those were the exact levels it happened at. I know for certain that 200 is one of the spots though
>>
>>354701
Lmao ausfag
>>
File: 1451615799424.png (174 KB, 265x258)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>catapult all day long
>don't care who I kill, as long as it's a neat shot
>mad red
>mad blue
>x4 cc2
first person age of empires 2 mod when
>>
>>352956
Eh. It is real shit man. Also yeah, I was at least 51% triggered by this, and really, censorship in general. Though again, the specific word, or words, don't really matter. I don't actually say nigger much, but I'll say it in circumstances when the word is the hill on which freedom of expression is getting shit on. "N word" and the like is just sad, and honestly triggers me plenty. Faggot is the very same deal, and I have faggot friends. Don't know that I would if they cared about petty name calling obviously used without hateful intent. The whole concept of no no words is childish, naive, and doesn't help us much.
>>353278
>Why nigger, nigga are such controversial keywords?
That's a good question, anon. In short, outrage is easy to manufacture, and easy to utilize.
>>353381
lol well, if that's the case, that's political correctness (censorship and obscurantism) getting another sad win on the game I guess.

I do hope the game gets better, for you guys still enjoying it, but fuck.
>>
>Hey again!
>As always, we're eager to hear your feedback and any suggestions, critiques, etc. that you might have. Last week's feedback was great - I wasn't responding to things due to being 'away from the office' a bit, but I'll be going back and answering those as well, and I'll be making sure the team sees pertinent information from both this week and last's at our next meeting.
>As for our meeting notes, a big takeaway is that we're beginning to transition from the usual development grind into testing/bug fixing, so a little bit of progress is always great. Some meeting notes are below:
>As for testing, we're investigating crashes with DX12 on the new build. Not sure why exactly, but we're looking into it.
>Noria (new desert map) is still being developed.
>Some initial work on new impact/blood visual effects. Ours at the moment are a little hard to see, and we'd like to make them a bit more cinematic.
>More tweaking to the castle area of Mountain Peak, this time adjusting the exits from defender's spawn to be a bit less of a bottleneck.
>Quite a few more optimization efforts on Castello have been completed.
>Some visual tweaking to Arena (it shares some assets with Castello, which were changed)
>Some new war-dart javelins have been implemented in-game.
>Horde AI improvements are ongoing.
>More work on ambient map sounds and other audio effects is underway.
>We're investigating some ragdoll issues (mostly just general weirdness and hit detection).
>Some console porting work is ongoing.
>We experimenting with changing fire pits to have a limited duration, as they're a huge damage increase for engineers with virtually no risk or downside. We'll see what we come up with.
>Lots of misc. bugfixes and tweaks.
>And that's it for this week - we'll be sure to get some more information out when we can.
>>
>>357758
so are they going to trash their cool gore for chiv 2 tier "cinematic" garbage?
atleast they are going to fix the ragdoll hit detection
>>
>>352699
>>354744
Initially when I saw this I thought you were gay for using the crossbow at the end, but when you pointed out he threw a knife at you before flourishing on a duel server the other guy was a faggot all along. Sorry for doubting you anon, kino move
>>
Will the mods ban me for saying Mordhiggas
>>
>>358132
as long as you watch the hard r you're fine. hard r mordhigga belongs to them, you can only say it if it's a lyric and you're singing along.
>>
>>357758
Strange that they're focusing on fire pits.Anecdotally, when I think of instances where I've experienced "oppressive engineering" it's multiple engineers building spike walls around an objective and supporting each other with smoke bombs. THAT'S hard to break. Turrets and fire pits good, but are probably the least impactful element of oppressive engineer defense.

What the fire pit is good at is offense. Toolbox+shortbow allows you to build a fire pit and quickly snipe a catapult, or if you're willing to take a trip back to resupply you can drop a turret and then a firepit to burn down destructables. The thing here is: both of those things happen really fast, and in neither case are you actually building any kind of permanent nest. Putting a timer on the fire pit won't nerf either of those things.

So I'm wondering what exactly they expect a limited-duration fire pit to do? It's not going to significantly nerf engineer defense, and it's not going to touch their offense at all. What are they trying to accomplish here?
>>
>>358175
>What are they trying to accomplish here?
nothing. they are just throwing shit at the wall to look busy.
>>
File: 1284582918757.gif (554 KB, 295x221)
554 KB
554 KB GIF
>>357758
>>
>>358175
The only thing they care about is the fact that melee retards dont like the firepit damage boost. They think that this will sate those complaints
>>
just make none of the engineer shit build by itself, so they have to manually smack it from 0 health to full. It will severely slow down the giant maze of walls and spikes that a group of engineers usually just slap down in a few seconds.
>MUH FIREPITS
what kind of crybaby nigger actually complains about these? They are the best COUNTER to engineers, and these retards cry about it? Maybe if they would just adapt to the situation, equip an axe+wrecker, and then focus on buildings, they would advance. But no. They just want to keep sticking with their one and only class, and if that class cant counter everything in the game, then other things must change.
>>
File: 1493949605059.jpg (48 KB, 591x734)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>several weeks of testing the new engine updates that will be barely noticed by the players
>no word of patch
>not even a big patch to begin with
it's over
>>
File: CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD.png (418 KB, 1080x1246)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
>>351887
>tfw i see someone doing it in a duel server
>ill run up and bop him when he pulls it out and run away with it
>he actually gets upset
>>
File: VhE1BPW[1].jpg (137 KB, 828x1020)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>tfw i join a ***opean server
>>
>>351759
>playing frontline

enjoy getting shot by archers, ballistas, bombs and horsenigs

Real players play custom skrimish only
>>
>>358859
>custom skirmish
whats the matter, cant handle enviroment that isnt a flat surface?
nice reddit spacing btw
>>
>>351339
>bad boy
lol
>>
>>358911
every environment that isn't a flat surface is actually good for fighting against the listed cancers of frontline
take away the open fields, and literally nobody cares anymore about horsefuckers and bowshitters
>>
>highland
>oh cool it's like moorlands
>nah jk there's a fence, the cool little village is just eye porn
fuck this game
>>
>>360081
Competitive players would complain about obstacles if the map was more than just a flat circle
>>
>>360111
real comp players either appreciate the approach actual maps give or hang out on beb 24/7 anyways
>>
>>360111
I just remember watching some mordhau comps playing on extremely minimalistic maps, but all of these maps had various pillars as obstacles, and literally everyone made use of them to avoid hits or hide for stam reg
>>
>>360111
>>360140
>>360206
flat maps are there because the devs and their dicksucking redditor orbiters cannot handle spacial thinking and even a simple visual barricade overworks their retard brains
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/app/908330/Contingent/

Stouty is the combat designer for this game.
>Mordhau made by salty Chiv players
>Now salty snorehau players are making their own game
>>
Anyone knows why the fuck there is no sound while in game/menu?
Using my headphones.
>>
>>360338
>Stouty is the combat designer for this game.
Will probably suck desu
Mordhau improved over chiv by making it more casual. It needs to be a tad more casual rather than more sweaty. Chiv 2 goes too far into the casual direction.
>>
File: 1601917795186.jpg (7 KB, 240x200)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Is the unofficial Mordhau SDK a good place to start making your own medieval combat game?
>>
Do you play custom maps?
>>
>>360564
I would, if there was invasion or frontline servers with custom maps.
>>
File: mordniggers BTFO2.png (256 KB, 640x685)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
mordniggers OH NO NO NO NO NO NO cope nigger slugs
>>
File: mordniggers btfo.png (332 KB, 640x744)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
triternionniggers...i don't feel so good...
(mordturks will seethe at this post)
ez clap ez pzzz :)
>>
File: aNU0Tmq[1].png (938 KB, 533x938)
938 KB
938 KB PNG
RATE MY SOVIET SOLDIER
>>
>>360693
literally what though
>>
>>360857
dont reply to schizos
>>
File: king bonk.webm (2.94 MB, 720x404)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
>>360803
can't because of paradox: soldiers are human, soviets are disease
>>
>>352884
go back redditfag
>>
>>357758
>>We experimenting with changing fire pits to have a limited duration, as they're a huge damage increase for engineers with virtually no risk or downside. We'll see what we come up with.
Oh no, 8 fucking damage
>>
>>361099
b-but my screen turns orange for 3 seconds...
>>
I have an itch to play this game, even though I know its combat is full of holes. Are the servers still scuffed as fuck, and did the game's moderators ruin things as much as I figure they have?
>>
>>361291
The servers are slightly better. The moderators have actually ruined the game. Not just because they censor chat like wild and ban players over it, but because they also kick people from games for playing certain ways.
>>
>>361291
I have literally called mods gay to their face and have never received any kind of action on my account. I participate in shit talking in exactly the same way I used to on UT2004 servers. I have no idea what the two or three people who spam this thread about mods banning all fun are doing to get themselves kicked. There's a difference between shit talking in good fun and just being a constant annoying retard in chat and I suspect these people are doing the latter and getting muted for it. I don't want to hear you rage about faggot horseniggers for the 50th time either.
>>
>>360338
whats with all these pros like giru and stouty making their own slashers
mordhau wasnt made in a vacuum by one guy, its more like some retarded shit will come out of these games instead of a well developed system, you cant let games like this entirely be designed by one guy who thinks he knows everything
>>
>>361341
>for playing certain ways
On the official servers? Are you shitting me?
>>
>>361374
I know NordikaMan will kick players from US west servers for simply playing from the easily accessible rooftops, dont know what kind of faggot mods are in other regions
>>
>>361357
I haven't seen many jannies lately and chat has been BASED
The last time I saw someone get chat muted was for spamming about that they take dicks in chat repeatedly
>>
>>361341
according to steamcharts mordhau has dropped below 4k average weekly players for the first time in its history and the average playercount is still in decline by hundreds per week
so yeah the tranny jannies are definitely doing their job of completely ruining what was left of the game
>>
>>361357
Calling somebody a gay cocksucker is a compliment in sweden, retard
>>
>>361385
i've seen someone get muted for typing ? and he was also playing with a bow.

i'm so dumb i should have recorded it. i thought it either was a joke, or that i was missing something that had happened way before that match, or it was legit but i wasn't going through the trouble of finding it out
>>
>>361465
>We're not sure how advanced we'll be getting with this, but we're hoping to crack down even harder on racism, toxicity, etc. within matches and the community as a whole. A quick count shows that we've muted about 9,000 accounts for breaching our rules on toxicity and bigotry already, and with better reporting systems we should be able to be even more effective.
reminder that they are proud of getting rid of 9,000 players
>>
>>361697
>muting over double your average player count
Based retard mods
>>
>>361697
They want kill the game, simple as
>>
File: Farmers 1 and 2.png (493 KB, 961x792)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
Look at the duelyard slicker with his fancy purple plume
>>
File: niggers.png (265 KB, 1920x1080)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>
Anyone here listen to music while playing? I play this one whenever I play horse in pub invasion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZVKU5imx0
>>
>>362245
https://youtu.be/Ffz4scrJW0w
https://youtu.be/bbMQ_P5vziY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux6XKVwgRvI
Bloodlust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXW4zyDhkNA
https://youtu.be/5xD1FAOJI84
Skirmish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmMkjKczjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX7zPlQjAr8
Maul, Naked, Rush

https://youtu.be/YDVCMHX9r0k
Duelling
>>
>>362189
>sigma gays
lmao
>>
>>356882
>catapult friendlies and switch teams before it lands
>>
>>362245
My go-to for melee madness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXK8bUgVm9I
>>
>Hey all!
>As usual, we'd love to hear your feedback, suggestions, constructive critiques, etc. Please refrain from shitposting - jokes or memes or whatever in here clutter up the thread and make it harder for legitimate suggestions to be seen. Thank you, and as usual - meeting notes! This week was focused mainly on our test build and sneaking a few last-minute additions in. This being said, our art devs have been continuing work on future updates, maps, etc. Anyways, check out the notes below:
>We're looking at removing the toolbox from SKM - the toolbox is great for defending an objective and but in a round based mode it doesn't have much utility outside of stalling rounds.
>Our localization team is doing in-game QA passes. Translating a massive list of strings vs. seeing how they appear in game are two different things, so they should be improving things soon.
>Some misc. technical/backend stuff (as always) has been worked on. Engine rebuilds for Linux SDK stuff, RCON cleanup, fixes for packaging game files that didn't play nice with UE 4.25, miscellaneous UI fixes and some BR incompatibilities with the new engine version have been resolved.

1/2
>>
File: egg.jpg (492 KB, 2529x1340)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>We're looking into some fixes for inconsistent parry when the player looks down, misc. other niche combat tweaks.
>Misc. bug fixes for server configs, some improvements on other backend areas.
>HWID ban support is being developed - it will be disabled until we get proper testing (don't want to nuke the player base by accident)
>Elweb has mostly been working on Noria, but he's also done quite a bit of work on other general visual/rendering stuff. LOD's, etc. One takeaway is that the view distance setting will actually be useful - higher settings will show further objects and grass in better detail, and the low setting will be mostly the same as now.
>Castello continues to get more optimization work (and new furniture).
>Geach3d was tired of continuing to make fps on Castello, so he's made a quick Brawl map out of some of the optimized Castello parts. Weather forecast for the map: it's raining! :slight_smile:
>Some investigation in some weird bugs and issues we've run into is ongoing.
>Armory improvements are ongoing.
>We've been doing some QA passes on upcoming cosmetics, so hopefully we avoid bright red/blue trim on armor and the like. :slight_smile:
>Some fixes for the Toolbox have been completed.
>We've added a new spawning system for Horde - at the moment we're just giving that some extra polish and squashing bugs.
>Some new animations are being made and polished up!
>New armor and weapons are being made as well, as always.
>And that's about it for this week! :slight_smile:

The post that went with pic related (omfg a flat square instead of a circle so epic)
>A new WIP map that Geach is working on! This one will be Brawl (reusing some Castello assets) but it's also going to be our first real test of our new weather/lighting stuff - rain soon™! :slight_smile:
>>
I just look forward to seeing what retarded shit these dumbass devs do, I dont care about the game anymore. It is already fucked.
>>
>>362927
The community is what makes this game good, even if the devs try and squash our based-ness.
>>
File: 1623485365103.gif (234 KB, 112x112)
234 KB
234 KB GIF
Anybody know anything about >>360500?
>>
>>351339
absolutely based
>>
>>351611
TWO crossbows? absolutely devilish
>>
File: file.png (79 KB, 730x362)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>362921
Removing toolbox from skirmish?
Why don't you ban beartraps, firebombs and bows aswell, hell ban anything other than T3 and Greatsword.

>>362922
WOW YET ANOTHER FUCKING FLAT DUEL CIRCLE
BESTEST MAPPERS 2021
>HWID Ban
lmao, as if that stops anything. Wonder if it is for cheaters (who know how to bypass it already) or they genuinely are going to flag your mobo because you called a mod a nigger for destroying your spikes.

The new guys theyve got have been nothing but absolute failures, 5$ says they are Indian slaveworkers

Reminder they banned 9000 players, almost 300% of their current playercounts

>>362998
fuck off frogposter
>>
File: This guy is 2.3.3 btw.jpg (63 KB, 587x848)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>armor readability is still a thing
Does Triternion really? The T3 Basic Vet Cuisses, Veteran's Cuirass variants, and most waist cosmetics are fuck easy to hide armor tier with, and anyone who's played past 15 hours can already recognize most armor pieces and their tiers anyway.
>>
File: file.png (525 KB, 426x851)
525 KB
525 KB PNG
I'll do you one better.
This is a 2/3/3
>>
File: file.png (668 KB, 491x931)
668 KB
668 KB PNG
Wow that Knight looks serious...
but its actually all Tier 1
>>
>>363126
Armor readability is mainly about movespeed, really.
>>
when will this dogshit game add team scrambling
>>
File: 1625701982481.gif (536 KB, 500x255)
536 KB
536 KB GIF
>>363410
>24:19
>>
File: 1626354721094.png (39 KB, 708x800)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>you cant let games like this entirely be designed by one guy who thinks he knows everything
>>
>>353278
>Last time I play Warband Napoleonic War
I've had my chat disabled permenantly for calling an admin a faggot 2 years ago. There are literally no safe spaces for shittalk.
>>
>>363023
when did that ban wave happen? do we even know what they're banned for?
>>
Coming from M&B Warband spergfests the combat in Mordhau just seems so sluggish
>>
>>363410

Why you blurring your name fellow Prospero7nigger?
>>
this game is retarded. what is the point in using a spear when it behaves exactly like a sword in every way except for the fact that the spear has higher thrust damage. what is the point in having spears in the game when they behave nothing like spears. why can you deflect a zweihander with a thin rapier? why is a zweihander at close range just as effective as a rapier? why doesnt the rapier have an advantage at very close range? why can the zweihander keep up with the rapier's speed at close range? why cant you rapidly thrust with a spear? what is the point in having all these different weapons in this game? is it so hard to make it so that a rapier shatters when trying to block a zweihander and balance the game around it? is it so hard to make a rapier much faster in close range than a zweihander and balance the game around it? is it so hard to give the spear the ability to rapidly thrust? why does a zweihander and rapier and spear thrust at the same speeds? that way different encounters are actually interesting. the enemy has a rapier and i have a zweihander? i better never let him get close to me or ill lose. the enemey has a zweihander and i have a rapier? i better dont try to block it otherwise my rapier breaks, instead i should try to get close to get the advantage. that way it wouldnt be all about feinting and spastic mouse movements. again, what is even the point of having different weapons? just a retarded game for dimwits, thats all.
>>
>>365245
I am on thin ice with the faggot mods and a number of people in US west coast dislike me. They are active in the shitcord and friendly with the mods. I dont want them saying "hey look he posts on 4chan he is a nazi" and my next ban becomes a permanent one because the mods are soiboys
>>
>>365315
tl;dr
>>
>>365315
Rapiers are faster than Zweihanders at every range. Spears can rapidly thrust, you just choke up on them with R. Weapons breaking would be retarded in this game. I think this just might not be the game for you.
>>
>>365315
if you press numpad 1 while in game, it will switch you into a mode that focuses on speed over strength. Use it when you have a large weapon and are fighting small weapons
>>
File: is female.png (2 KB, 431x27)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
uh...? /pol/ bros ?
>>
>>365689
female options have existed since fucking launch retard
triternion just doesnt enable them because they know it will murder the remaining 4.5% of their playerbase
>>
Autoban those who use slurs from chat, being this complacent about it at this point becomes an endorsement
>>
File: 1622960091494.gif (600 KB, 224x255)
600 KB
600 KB GIF
>Autoban those who use slurs from chat, being this complacent about it at this point becomes an endorsement
>>
>>365378
East is really not this faggoty, I might come over to troll West lmfao
>>
>>365315

Because it's a game and not a medieval combat simulation. All of your suggestions make me think you don't really understand the game mechanics, because you're either wrong and/or what you want would lead to really shitty gameplay.
>>
>one of the few people still making youtube videos about mordhau gets banned
>mods refuse to unban them
what is the plan here
>>
>>365825
Assume I don't watch Mordhau youtube comment and gimme the rundown.
>>
>>365828
>nobody makes youtube videos of mordhau anymore
>only one person still does on a regular basis
>they get banned by one of the mods in game
there is not really any rundown to give
>>
>>365825
who

>>365832
who
>>
getting real sick of this dogshit votekicking system
>start votekick against someone blocking spawn
>his buildable shit even says his name on it
>explain why I started the votekick
>it fails
>he immediately starts one against me
>just says "pageup"
>I get votekicked
>>
>>365839
LaraBTW, just make casual friendly little clips. Always got a few thousand views and was the last person making content about the game.
The one they banned before that was StayInTheGrave, who made videos for actual good players
>>
>>365884
Just be a name people recognize and you won't get votekicked. One time I saw a mod cancel a vote kick for a guy just cuz he was well known enough for them to know he wasn't a shitter.
>>
>10+ spearmen moving around as a group
how do you beat this
>>
>>365934
Firebomb
Or smoke and run away
>>
>>365884
yeah this happens a lot, it's because people don't give a shit and they will typically page down anyone who doesn't have significant team damage because kicking one of your teammates just hurts the team, but then if they get another notification right after that it just becomes annoying so most people will vote yes just to get the drama to stop so they can continue playing without their screen getting spammed.
>>
>>365315
>what is the point in using a
because it feels good for you personally to use and you know how to use it in a way that fools other people
a retard who is good with a handaxe can destroy a pro who hasn't had practice reading a handaxe and doesn't know the timings or animations well. you just gotta find "your" weapon that you know how to exploit
>>
>>365934
join their team and sabotage
>>
>>366005
The billhook used to be my main weapon. I was able to go on Vkyard all day and destroy shitters, because they never learned it.
Then it became a popular duel weapon and most knew how to counter it.
>>
>>365934

Aye
>>
>>366049
Why did it become popular in duels?
>>
How many times have you guys uninstalled this game? I've uninstalled it at least 8 times and have taken long breaks, some lasting 3 months.
>>
>>366412
None I like the game.
>>
>>366412
zero
>>
>>366412
never since launch
>>
File: TsjcWUs[1].png (336 KB, 655x318)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>Well, that's not good
>>
File: 2ueNdLE[1].png (318 KB, 601x324)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>BEFGUJN
>>
>They made a reddit post trying to expose the mods, I locked it and made a comment telling people to stop arguing in bad faith and that being a content creator doesn't give you immunity to the server rules and Jax had to take down the post. Today she made another video meming on us and I received about 4 death threats and a dozen msg calling me pedo and such
Glad they banned the last mordhau content creator, this dumb drama is making the mods seethe
>>
File: wSCAU5K[1].png (459 KB, 570x416)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
S U B L I M E
V I O L E N C E
>>
>>366605
>only a 3 day ban
>for purposely cucking your own team
>making a whole drama about it
is mordhau the only game xhe is allowed to play or what

once revenge tked a mod and i didn't pretend to be in the right after the ban arrived just because i was being killed by him before
>>
Castello Frontline is fun. I finally understand why the maps suck so hard. The bridge leading up to the castle's portcullis fight on this version is really exciting, but it's too tight because both teams are incredibly inconvenienced to go any other route beside that one single bridge, and that's pretty much the case on every map. There's often only one route to take because it takes a long time to take alt routes and they are not even near any objectives.
>>
>>366605
he is a pedo faggot though
>>
File: 4B07aCJ1.png (95 KB, 1231x541)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
New spoils from the discord
>>
>kick no longer flinch releases
these retards really are just copying chivalry
>>
>>366768
>global lunge increased
wow even harder powerslide attacks
>reduced global knockback, parry significantly
footwork being dumbed down again, frontline even more of a one way undynamic meatgrinder
>time to get ragdolled increased
good change
>time to get max sprint decreased
rush is basically a meme perk now
>whole bunch of kick nerfs
>doesnt even interrupt releases
WHAT THE FUCK
LIKE WHAT
>more movement slowdowns
fucking retard

changes not final, because this fucking retard is going to get so much shit he is gonna be crying like a total bitch and removing these from the changelog in a week tops

crush is to mordhau like what mods are to /jp/
>>
>>366881
the FT10 vs stouty is probably the reason why he nerfed kick kek
>>
File: but why tony.png (67 KB, 296x255)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>366768
>kicks do not interrupt releases
for fucks sake. my only defense against dragshitters.
>>
File: uQHR54F[1].png (886 KB, 921x512)
886 KB
886 KB PNG
my favorite thing in this game is when someone sees a roman, changes to their roman, and causes a cascade of romans to appear on one team as a meme unit
>>
>>367288
This but with midget rock throwers
>>
File: peeled face.jpg (198 KB, 744x880)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>367289
>tfw a bunch of midget javeliners join a deathmatch server and start spamming LYNCH EVERY BIGGER
magical
>>
File: 1457412744115.jpg (402 KB, 1206x1291)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>went 10-35 on duels again
How the FUCK do I git gud before Mordhau dies?
How do properly feint and not revert back to panic parrying?
>>
>>367313
>How do properly feint and not revert back to panic parrying?
Try lifting your finger off your mouse button (use RMB to parry, not Q)
>>
>>366768
>makes kick utterly fucking useless
This retard
>wants to make missing punishable, adds 200ms windup to miss combo
Missing isn't punishable because of fucking CFTP, not because you can keep comboing
>can parry in recovery
fucking, what
>>
>>367313
One small thing that helped me is the fact that an attack is ONLY released when the guy is grunting. Learning to partly rely on that audio cue was a small help but it has made the difference against hyperfeintgamers
>>
>>367291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssh4qtJcPMk
>>
File: PPQ4Wkq[1].png (316 KB, 471x395)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>hudda, hudda hudda hudda
>>
File: 9k7Ksfx[1].png (512 KB, 644x505)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>
File: takedown.webm (2.94 MB, 1280x720)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
actually this one works better as a webm
>>
>>365884
good, that's hilarious
you should do it too, this game is run by psychopathic tyrants and needs to burn (like all proprietary software that demands transparency from the customer and not from themselves)
>>
>>366617
so this is somehow not as bad as the n word
the absolute psychopathy and lack of self awareness of you people is insane
>>
I haven't played for like a year and now all i hear is people talking shit about the devs and how they're killing the game, etc etc...can anyone explain the drama?
>>
>>367699
game was good
devs overdose on semen
hurr durr pee nigger poo
game no longer good
wtf why people call us retard kikes online
>>
>>367699
This general is full of retards who got themselves muted for spamming nigger in chat and now the only place they can cry about it is here.
>>
>>367699
look at >>366768
>>
>>366768
>kick nerf
finally I can become a god
>basically have unique playstyle that is hard countered by kick because 95% of people cannot read me and just go with the kick
this slight delay in kick is just what I needed
>>
>>367699
Devs constantly come up with retarded balance ideas and have to be shouted at until they ditch all the dumb shit they come up with.
>>
game is more alive than chiv 2
>>
>Hey everyone!
>As usual, we'd like to hear your feedback. Please be constructive when posting, but aside from that, we'd love to hear anything that's on your mind! Any feedback, constructive criticism, etc. is always welcome, and your comments are always seen by the dev team. In any case, today was a bit short of a meeting, as we're all stuck downloading updates for the game for testing. Either way, here are our meeting notes for this week:
>We talked to our server providers, who've said that some issues that EU players have been experiencing are a result of DDOS attacks.
>Speaking of servers, we're looking into some other hardware related changes - we'll have some more info hopefully next week.
>We're bringing in a project manager, environment artist and level designer over the next month or so :slight_smile:
>We've improved the .pak security a bit (always nice).
>Some work on UI is ongoing.
>We're tweaking the catapult, which is most likely going to receive a nerf in range.
>As always, more optimizations have been going on in terms of rendering.
>Some work is ongoing with fixing some minor parry inconsistencies.
>As for hardware ID bans, it was broken (no surprises) so we've fixed that... for now.
>Misc. work on some quality of life features such as crash reporting, player reporting, etc. are getting some attention.
>For some reason, we ended up breaking Mountain Peak somehow with some change we've done. We've fixed that, as we've said before we've opened things up - as of now Mountain Peak is done for this upcoming patch.

1/2
>>
File: gprSFUVh.jpg (113 KB, 1024x576)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>Geach's new Brawl map is pretty much done, so we'll probably be including it into this next update. :slight_smile:
>Some misc. technical fixes and tweaks, as usual.
>Some very minor optimization/streamlining of the underlying animation system is underway.
>We're looking into the feasibility of adding support for combo-specific animations instead of blending trickery.
>Some bugs have been ironed out with our catapults, which gained the ability to teleport in our testing builds. They can no longer teleport.
>More general optimization, making fps as usual.
>Work has been ongoing on fixing up new 1h combo animations and other animations.
>Some development on non-combat animations is ongoing.
>Some more backend code development on vehicles is ongoing. A little bit more work in this area and we'll have more of a physics-based system, so catapults won't phase into the ground etc. This will also change our vehicle code in a way that makes system easier to implement, and we'll probably be adding some new siege weapons :wink:
>And that about wraps it up for this week!

2/2

here is an imgur link they posted that shows some of the very epic flat circ--... square map
https://imgur.com/a/1MHATib
>>
>>We're looking into the feasibility of adding support for combo-specific animations instead of blending trickery.
>>Work has been ongoing on fixing up new 1h combo animations and other animations.
Seeing what kind of dogshit terrible animations this animator has already made, I cant even imagine how stupid his combo animations will be
>>
aren't duel and 3v3 queues dead? why do they make this content for like 10 people when every US and Euro frontline server is 48/48
>>
>>367890
morph feinting isnt unique, faggot
>>
>>367997
>DDOS
are they still pushing that retarded lie?
>>368000
>new map
*that* doesn't deserve to be called a map, nor new.

tl;dr its fucking nothing

>>368003
i can't wait for chiv 2 tier retarded puppet animations
>>
>>366768
>kicks wont interrupt anymore
FUCK YES the one thing that made good players a pain in the ass for me, now I can go at them like a true retard
>>
>>366768
>kick is pretty much only useful again feintspammers who get too close
>nerf it against that
Crush is fucking retarded
>>
File: Mordhaufacts.png (41 KB, 653x801)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
Damn, facts.
>>
>>368382
>viable alternatives
like chiv 1 and 2?
>>
>>368382
you get banned for saying nigger and tranny in mordhau, yet they still bitch about muh white supremacy?
>>
>>368382
I play mordhau to talk about poptarts, not black crime rates.
>>
>about to punish a dude with an underswing
>he jumps over it
>360 spin in the air
>kicks me in the head and kills me
I was very impressed
>>
>>368587
I've got a bajillion hours in this game and I still never think to jump over attacks. I'm always impressed when somebody does that. So fucking C I N E M A T I C.
>>
>>368606
Jumping attacks is usually a worse idea than ducking because people don't aim for the feet with a horizontal very often.
It's mainly useful for avoiding getting headshotted and maybe causing a leg hit instead of a body hit.
t. jumps a lot
>>
When are they going to add an audio effect to feints that is partly similar to when an actual attack is going out? Sweatys rely so god damn much on that one thing alone that it makes me wish they kept the ability to feint ripostes. And why can’t we get team cleave back in after they made friendly a permanent thing?
>>
>>368765
>team cleave
go buy ds3
level up to 125 and invade at pontiff
and then come back here saying the ability to hit through teammates is a good thing
>>
>>368768
Given how some maps are, it’s practically necessary. Begging even.
>>
It feels very pointless trying to juke people out of anything anymore. Going for feints? Lol, get smacked. Going for morphs? Lol, get acceled. Going for accels? Lol, get chamber feinted. Going for drags? Be honest, only mauls drag.
Feels like the only worhtwhile thing is to play the stamina game cause people are too bitch to make a move anymore.
>>
>>368765
>Sweatys rely so god damn much on that one thing alone
>this noob thinks anyone relies on grunts at all
YOU'RE TERRIBLE, LOOK MEN, LOOK HOW TERRIBLE HE IS!
>>
>>368765
only retards rely on the grunt, because it is not reliable.
And team cleave was terrible. Just stab if you are too dumb to fight around teammates
>>
>>368769
name 1 map that requires team cleave
you cant, because there isnt and you are retarded
>>
>>368543
>>368392

i really don't get why you neckbeards sweat over not being able to say ''nigger'' or ''kike'' on a literal multiplayer game, of course they're not going to be content with racial slurs grow up
>>
>>369013
>of course they're not going to be content with racial slurs grow up
Why not?
>>
>>369013
i can say nigger and kike just fine irl, why should i not be allowed to in a GAME?
>>
>>369013
Gamers are the most oppressed minority. I log onto my video game after a long day's work just wanting to relax and talk about how Hitler should have finished the job in lobby chat. How am I supposed to enjoy my hard-earned recreation hours if (((game developers))) don't let me call the enemy team a bunch of monkey-brained subhuman niggers while I'm waiting to respawn?
>>
>>369013
Why did you reply to both of us instead of just the other guy, you retard.
>>
>>369013
Why did you reply
>>
File: 1619558660486.png (518 KB, 1220x1214)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>367997
>We're bringing in a project manager, environment artist and level designer over the next month or so
>new level designer
about fucking time
you'd think the dev team made up of chiv vets would have just ripped the formula off chivalry's maps and yet here we are 2 years later and the maps are still garbage
triternion should be thanking their lucky stars they still have a playerbase at all considering it's really only their combat mechanics or player controller that have kept players online
>>
>>369109
People had the same reaction when they hired an animator. Turns out he makes shitty animations. Dont get your hopes up for a level designer, they probably just got some bottom of the barrel kid that one of the devs personally knew
>>
FYI I'm the new level designer and the first thing I'm going to do is triple the number of horses on every map.
>>
Over a year since castello and we are getting a flat square finally
>>
File: mordhaufacts2.jpg (144 KB, 960x894)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Damn, these guys don't miss
>>
>>369445
Lefties are obsessed with the middle ages too, they're just obsessed with a super sanitized form of in via fantasy.
>>
>>360338
will stouty and giru games ever get released? lets be honest here
>>
Post autistic things you do in Mordhau
>Sort my characters into "teams", make up little back stories for them
>>
>>370120
>favor 360 twisty autism styling on everyone each fight instead of k/d ratio
>>
>>370120
roleplaying in every gamemode
>>
>>369622
It's not my game I'm just doing the combat design
>>
File: 1626907737778.jpg (546 KB, 979x832)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>370489
>It's not my game I'm just doing the combat design
>>
>>370120
Apologise voiceline after killing someone
>>
>>370527
Well that's just good manners.
>>
File: TRUMPFORPREZ.png (248 KB, 427x312)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
which one of you did this
>>
>>353237
My favourite thing is that, saying ez uninstall obviously but making people panic parry with feints is hilarious because it always makes people mad. also wiping the floor with people using daggers, arming swords and short spears always gets a reaction. i've been permabanned a couple times for mogging the shit out of faggot admins

also naked maul and interrupting duels so you insta kill the guy who's winning. hilarious
>>
>Hey all!
>As always, we'd love to hear what you all have to say about Mordhau. Any suggestions / comments / critiques are welcome, as long as they're constructive! As for a general update, not too much is changed. We're mostly focusing on getting some last-minute improvements in, fix issues, and fix bugs that pop up from the fixes we do. Anyway, here are some notes from this week's meeting:
>Right now, our main focus is testing and bug fixes. recent changes have introduced some bugs which we're smashing.
>In terms of the mod SDK, we've heard back and the verification process should hopefully start this week! :slight_smile:
>As for these bugs, we've found quite a few navigation issues on the new Brawl map, so we're getting that sorted. Should be pretty simple to fix those issues.
>Some work on console stuff is ongoing. (Side note: one of our dev's main responsibility is to do console stuff, so this doesn't detract from PC development.)
>New mortar impact and firing sounds have been tweaked and improvements are being made.
>Some new audio attenuation/mixing is in progress, as well as some misc. audio additions.
>Some RCON fixes are done, which should help with server management.
>The catapult was nerfed a bit too much, so we're re-balancing. It should strike a good balance between being powerful and not being untouchable in the next update.
1/2
>>
>Misc. UI fixes for the scoreboard not responding at high ping.
>Some experimentation with matchmaking tweaks that should prioritize filling servers is underway. Our planned solution didn't pan out, so we're looking into different methods to fix things.
>We're working on some tools that improve standardization for map assets, allowing us to optimize levels even further.
>Bug fixing for issues that have arisen on the test branch has been ongoing.
>We've implemented some better logic for hitting world objects, which means that we can have destroyable objective objects function better. For example, hitting peasants currently works like hitting a wall - now, we should be able to have that function like it would if you got a killing blow on a person.
>UI fixes for aspect ratios taller than 16:9.
>Some small improvements to the toolbox placement widget, which might help with readability.
>More armory stuff - hopefully we can get a snippet out soon! :slight_smile:
>Misc. technical stuff for vehicles, so that way catapults / etc. act naturally when they're pushed.
>And that's about it for this week.
2/2

tl;dr - literally nothing
>>
>>354156
>>ah so you are working class scum
kill bourgies.
>>
Luis J. gomez is my idol
>>
>>370120
rage at someone in the chat who can regularly beat me
sometimes I can get into their head and actually beat them all the time though. mixed feels
>>
I'm convinced 70% of pub players play in third-person
>>
>>372940
cringe

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.