[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: C1lFVvwUoAIvwJw.jpg (102 KB, 581x602)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Oh my god is absolutely everybody nowadays a fucking gen-zombie millennial moron jacking themselves off with their circlejerk? Why is nobody interrogating, criticizing and giving good advice like "Hey morons nice Zombie game rip-off, the aliens run right at you. Hey retards why the the fuck is it third person and why can't I switch to first person like a normal fucking game? Hey retards why isn't there an in-game editor and open source? how do you expect this shit to ever take off without mod support/building a community around it? Hey morons once the servers go down how the fuck do I play anymore? Predator Hunting Grounds is shutting down"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNilwXNBxUE
>>
God I fucking hate gen-Zombies. "hihih hahaha" they sound like faggots and scammers.
>>
>>344849
Amen.
>>
>>344849
FUCKING AMEN.
>>
>>344387
>3 player co-op
Lmfao wtf kind of lazy shit is this?
>>
>>348416
The Call of Duty zombies type of lazy shit. Even Rainbow Six has it now.
>>
>>348416
lazy ass devs
>>
Wait... people are actually looking forward for Destiny with aliens?

Anyway, anyone here playing Aliens Vs. Predator 2 or wants to play it?
https://avpunknown.com/avp2aio/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9wGR41Ayg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEX8gJFozIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdxXVT07fag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYNysC6Or5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mlge3fUDTs
https://twitter.com/AliensFireteamE
>>
>>350205
The total amount of 60 people out of 8 billion and 50 million Alien fans worldwide. Barely, people watch Aliens and Predator for the movies, not the video games. You barely find even 0.01% of the fanbase playing these games.
>>
>>344849
They are literal scammers.
>>
>>353012
>Copy-paste code & assets through Unreal Engine 4
>That'll be 9.9M good sir :^)
Why are companies so fucking retarded to hire these scammers who do the same shit teenagers do for free?
>>
>>354440
It's because these companies don't understand video games, same reason why most games have negative profits. Not the dumbest thing I've heard tho, that would be the story of Crytek.
>Buys Free Radical
>Has rights to Timesplitters 4
>Buys rights to Homefront 2, you know the game that finally put THQ out of business
>Has Free Radical make Homefront 2
>It flops, they go almost bankrupt
>Makes an Xbox 1 launch exclusive
>Flops
>Makes a VR game when no one owns a VR headset
>Closes several owned studios
B-but at least we get Crysis 4, right anons?
>>344387
See above, but also because these companies are utterly retarded. Reminder that after Halo 4 flopped, they fired the lead designer, and hired a new one, who in their interview said that he loved Halo 4. No wonder Halo 5 sucked, it was doomed to fail. Or remember the new Star Wars movies, one of the directors was the guy who made Twilight. Yeah, big businesses are retarded and are going to ruin everything.
>>
>>354471
>>Buys Free Radical
>>Has rights to Timesplitters 4
They tried to make a new TimeSplitters game called TImeSplitters: Predictive Warfare. Bandai Namco was the publisher, but pulled out in 2011.
>>
File: Arena of Fated Failure.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1200)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>354604
Sauce on this, I've checked and couldn't find any results. However, it seemed that in 2011 a leak stated that they were working on it, but in 2012 the CEO stated the desire to work on it, but expressed concern for it's sales. In 2012, a spokesperson also confirmed that they were not working on it.
However, regardless of this. They still made the dumb decision to not produce a Timesplitters game, and instead made Free Radical make Homefront 2. Needless to say, Crytek is a very dumb company, that is lucky to still be in business today. Also, as a side note, no one ever seems to remember this fail from Crytek, the only game they ever publicly canceled. Arena of Fate, basically a shitty MOBA, pic related. Who could forget unique and never heard of characters like Einstein, actually kinda based that they let you kill Einstein tho.
>>
>>355007
You won't find any results. It's from one of the pdfs in the Crytek ransomware leak. They had every contract they've ever signed in a big folder.

The basic problem is that they could nwver find a publisher willing to back TS4. TS3's sales were terrible. Every publisher looked at the IP and noped out. It's the same reason EA had such cold feet about System Shock and why SS3 got turned into Dead Space.

FR wanted to remaster TS2 but Sony policies forbade it.

Homefront sold really well, unlike Timesplitters. And Crytek were in a position to make a sequel. So they did. Even though it was a clusterfuck Homefront 2 still sold way better than TS3.
>>
>>355137
Ah thanks anon. But while Homefront sold very well, it costed over $30 million, and it had one of the largest ad campaigns in gaming history. So even though over a million copies sold, THQ lost more money then they made from it, which was the final nail in the coffin for THQ. Homefront 2 on the other hand, for some reason had a lot of hype even though the first was considered atrocious. I remember it was a thing to make videos on it and play it for like a week or so and then it suddenly seemed to disappear, never to be heard from again. Okay okay, I admit, it was I who took it out into the back yard and shot it, but can you blame me?
>>
>>355838
>But while Homefront sold very well, it costed over $30 million, and it had one of the largest ad campaigns in gaming history. So even though over a million copies sold, THQ lost more money then they made from it, which was the final nail in the coffin for THQ.
This is a myth. Homefront was a big success for THQ, hence why a sequel was put into development almost immediately. THQ's problems lay elsewhere.
>>
>>344387
I found their Discord channel, it was on their main site since March. Now if you want to criticize them I suggest you use an alt account because the monkeys banned someone for just asking why they changed the name to Fireteam Elite instead of leaving it to Elite and they have banned numerous other big names in the AvP fandom. Nobody beat the living shit out of them and they want to know what it feels like.
https://discord.com/invite/aliensfireteamelite
>>
>>356237
>Discord
Don't use that shitty app anon, they log everything you do and sell it to marketing companies. Also, the user base is worse then Reddit, or at least what I remembered it was like 7+ years ago when I last used it.
>>
>>356547
If you're not from a cucked country like America you have nothing to worry about. Plenty of indian crypto scammers used Discord and Telegram and nobody sold them out and tracked them down.
>>
>>356883
You misunderstand how it works anon. They sale the data to advertisers, who store that info. But as far as illegal activities like scamming, no one online cares until someone in real life files charges, then they pull it up. But going back to the advertisers, they use algorithms to categorize you, if they find a name, then whenever a company like Google decides to ban anyone who is considered bad by them, they can access this data. Basically, eventually a lot of websites will do this, and you can lose your emails to everything that has your money on it, like Steam. And potentially even those accounts too, since they'll claim there are bad people like racists or something, and then people will support the bans. It's already happened to some sites. But also, America, China, and Russia all access this information too, so they can use their influence to jail people for anything. There are other dangers, but these are probably the most dangerous things like this. Minor ones like getting ads for sex toys for making a sexual joke, are also a thing.
>>
Don't care, just here to laugh at "open source"
>>
>>356237
They talk like absolute communistic scammers with a "No can do" attitude. They make me sick. These are the kinds of people I used to bully in high school.
>>
>>357627
With devs like these you might as well hire the cafeteria lady to make a game.
>We can't make it first person, it would break the iron sight ablooo abloooooo muh excuses
>>
>Give us first person view, like a normal fucking game
>NO lol it will break the iron sights lmao asking for FPS in a TPS ahaha check this nigga out
What the actual fuck is their problem?
>>
Man if I was 20th century fox I would have ripped these losers a new one for every single month of progress and thought they had.
>>
>>344387
>>
>>344387
JUST MAKE A METROID FUSION RIP OFF AND BE DONE WITH IT.
>>
>>362349
THIS
>>
>>357939
They're talentless nepotistic niggers who never made a game in their life.
>>
>>363850
They made games, they all sucked. That's why they're barely a studio.
>>
>>356907
Not open sourcing your shit is an admission that you're an insecure garbage programmer that can get bugs he struggled to fix for years fixed in 5 minutes by others.
>>
>>364581
this
>>
>>364581
What I mean is there are very, very few commercial products released with an open source
>>
>>364799
yea its literally unheard with video games. why do people paint this as a negative for fireteam? fireteam looks like ass before anyone calls me a shill but its a weird nitpick to have of a game.
>>
>>364809
Your generation wouldn't understand. Back in 96-2003 it was common practice to release a very powerful editor of your game that nearly made your game open source/easy to modify to sustain a community of mappers. Without that community of modders a game is going to die immediately.

So it's a universal thing... not just the fact that AvP1 & AvP2 left us with a trash engine without the proper source code for the game+engine to remaster it ourselves. They left us with a crappy little editor that we can barely work with and we had to create like 3 different add-ons for it just to get it to work how we want it to.
AvP2's editor is very lacking compared to Warcraft 3's, Roblox, Oblivion/Skyrim and a bunch of other stuff.

If AvP2010, ACM, Fireteam would release their fucking source code we could fix them. We could have a toy to play with for a decade before the next big thing happens. Just like Starcraft 1 vs Starcraft 2.
Isolation still makes me puke how it doesn't support multiplayer and playable aliens.
>>
>>344387
NEVER FORGET
NEVER FORGIVE
>>
>>365424
>Back in 96-2003 it was common practice to release a very powerful editor of your game that nearly made your game open source/easy to modify to sustain a community of mappers. Without that community of modders a game is going to die immediately.
i know this. i was alive too. but they didnt make it "open source" but rather modding tools. very very few games have released their source code.
>>
>>344387
https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/en/
https://discord.com/invite/aliensfireteamelite
Their Discord barely has 800 active users. This game is going to die after just 1 month and be a complete wasteland by 2 months just like Hunting Grounds and the rest.
Their Discord also has some retarded fandom ass kissers in charge of the moderation which don't know what a knock on the door and a gun to your head feels like. Where did we all go wrong when we allowed backwater website mods and admins to not be scared of giving out a ban over just ignoring a user?
>>
>>344387
They gave out a bunch of demos to everyone 2 days ago and are still giving them out. So far the most opinionated and informative ones were MathChief and Nick930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1PQqY3Tt20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWSYYGTZj0c

IGN and others as usual offered a more structured review, but were far too retarded to give opinions and conclusions "Yes this is bad. Yes this is mediocre. Yes this is just WWZ with an Alien skin"
However one thing all these retards didn't manage to say is; there are 5 different enemy types for each campaign. So for the third and fourth locations/campaign set in the lava zone and in the hive zone you might battle aliens with a different mechanic. Albeit that's wishful thinking and that won't save you from how bad your own player character options and gunplay is. Only the synthetics in the second campaign seemed to have changed the gameplay 50% and that's only because they're ranged enemies in open spaces( and they're also stupidly point-blank accurate with their shots and there's simply too many of them, which makes the gameplay against range types extremely hard and tedious. I'd be lying if I said the second campaign finally feels like Destiny, because the gunplay feels nothing like Halo which Destiny is based off of.
>>
>>344387
Wow, I wanted to be excited but nvm.
>>
>>368844
this looks so bad.
>3rd person
>maps look sterile and bright as fuck
>that UI
>that gunplay
>that AI
>>
>>344387
WE ARE THE FIRETEAM ELITE AND THIS GAME SUCKS OUR LEET DICK.
>>
>>368891
Looks like "make your own co-op TPS" Blueprint template for Unreal
>>
>>368957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICfzQVh3lvs
>>
>>369460
Pls sir my pajeet of inexperienced teenagers worked HARDUUUHH connecting the blueprints boxes together. That'll be 9.99 million dollars. Ser pls do not sue, do not go after us, do not redeem. We gave you what we could with that budget ser sir
>>
>>369460
>>369485
>they actually used Unreal 4

Fucking KEK
>>
>>369529
And they still refuse to open source it so we can fix it. They'd rather blatantly lie about how much they suck about making a good game.
>>
>>344387
For a game made in 2018-2021 it looks worse than Gears of War in 2011.
>>
>>369529
DECREPIT GAME BEFORE IT EVEN CAME OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
20th Century Fox does it again with marvels such as Alien 3 for the PlaystationX and AVP1&2 for the PC.
>>
>>344387
>Hey morons once the servers go down how the fuck do I play anymore?
the game is P2P and they've already said you can play offline
this won't be like Hunting Grounds and Back 4 Blood, thankfully

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.