[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: guildwars2event.jpg (162 KB, 1024x576)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
I missed out on WoW and I didn't have an interest in it until it was too late for me, I love the art style and depth the game has but I can't justify the price only for me to get burnt out from playing for 3 hours a day every day.

>Guild Wars 2 is free
>has better pvp
>interesting "quests" that you don't even have to do
>map exploration pays off
>weapon switching
>more interesting classes and races
>map events
>good expansions
>mounts that actually have more use besides "go faster lul"
>a possible future

The cons of GW2 is their dogshit marketing, and the fact that WoW has an upper hand with its classic and addicting design and art style, famous players, content creators, and the fact that it's probably one of the most played video games of all time.
>>
But I am...
>>
>>339766
What is this pussy ass spellbar? Is this a mobile game? Are you level 5 killing a dragon?
>>
File: 1687545478.png (336 KB, 528x592)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>339766
Because it's soulless garbage
>>
>>339846
He’s level 50 (max is 80)
You get 5 skills from your weapon (if it’s 2 handed, otherwise you get 3 skills from your main hand 2 from your off hand) and 5 skills that you can pick from your class
>>
>>339766
>Guild Wars 2 is free
This is why. There's a 99.9% there's mtx/cash shop.
>>
>>339766
>free
more like demo until you pay to unlock the rest of the game.
>>
>>339766
>Why aren't you playing Guild Wars 2?
Because I enjoyed GW1.
>>
Guildwars 2 is probably the best mmo available right now when it comes to levelling and giving you shit to do at endgame
>>
>>339766
I played it on release. Can't even imagine what's probably changed after so many years. Doubtful that the things that drove me away are gone but it would probably take longer to get to that point now
>>
>>339766
I would have played it back when it released, the skills didn't interrupt your move every single second but it still sucked compared to Firefall.

What changed about it? Did they fix the lack of teams and the spam fest combat?
>>
>>339846
It honestly depends on the class, that changes your abilities. Like >>339889 said. But there are even more modifications.

Elementalists can tap into like 4 different elements changing the bars entirely, plus summon weapons that have their own unique weapon bars beyond anything else in the game.

Revenents can switch between different legendary aspects that change their skill bars.

Necromancers can go into a different form entirely and have a different set of skill bars, or use a lich form that gives them more.

Engineers have another row of skills for all their bullshit.
>>
>>339766
Because GW2 hasn't been good since living world ended, and has been actually trash since path of fire.
>PvP is a trash-firer of cancerous ultra oppressive metas that change every few weeks and is only really fun in organized WvW, which was completely dead last time I played
>The Story has actually only gotten worse every time I've gone back to the game
>Exploration is fun at first but very quickly becomes just a checklist of places to visit and things to do for each new map.
>Combat system is barely better than every half-baked tab-targetting mmo, and has aged far worse than that system ever has.
>Half the classes are boring cookie cutter bullshit with all the cool factor ripped out, and the elite specializations are extremely hit or miss. Some are fantastic to play, but those that aren't are really disappointing.
>The races are ok I guess.
>Map events are just zerg loot pinatas combined with a set piece that is interesting the first one to three times you do it. They haven't really had the balls to do a decent map event in years.
>The expansions have actively made the game worse every time. Raids with how they implemented them did not mesh with the rest of the game design very well, they completely abandoned dungeons, most HoT maps are well designed with ok events, but the class design choices and overall direction of the game shifted for the worse. Mounts are cool and probably one of the better implementations of mounts in games, but at the same tme they completely break certain aspects of the game design from previous expansions and were something I never really saw the need for in the game.

Retail WoW remains utter garbage though, and classic TBC is a shitty pony show that they somehow managed to fuck up with their shitty boost system to get all the cash cows. It's weird, Acti-blizz consistently recycles shit from years ago that was great, but then somehow finds a way to ruin it.
Shadowlands Prepatch Event
TBC classic boost
Timewalking Raids
>>
>>340545
>Combat system is barely better than every half-baked tab-targetting mmo, and has aged far worse than that system ever has."
I remember when they made it feel like it was going to be a hack n slash MMO like Warframe, bunch of fucking sluts teased and blueballed everyone about everything, they outright lied about the dynamic events.
>Map events are just zerg loot pinatas combined with a set piece that is interesting the first one to three times you do it. They haven't really had the balls to do a decent map event in years.
They made it feel like it was going to be a pre-searing vs searing event where if you failed to stop the enemy on time it would turn your comfy grasslands full of newbie creatures into a desolate desert land full of annoying as fuck mesmer and necro gargoyles a few levels higher, plus some locations would become unavailable like The Catacombs.
>>
>>339766
Muh ascalon!
>>
>>339766
>mmorpg
>game
>>
Combat is really meh. Doesn't feel satisfying or impactful. The updates/content got too "concrete". They stopped experimenting. It was the same exact content just with a new skin over and over again. Combined with this combat, I got burned out. But I played it religiously for like the first 3 years of its life. So I think I got my moneys worth.
>>
gameplay loop is more soulless than xiv if you can imagine that
just give me gw1 remastered i dont care about this shit game
>>
Terrible animations and art style
>>
>>339766
Kind of lost my will to play after finishing Incinerator finally, also butthurt that you can fight Dervish enemies but they didn't add the fucking class into the game.
>>
Japanese Famous Streamer
Junichi Kato Youtubelive

RUST Play Season7#25
(Viewer Participation Tipe)
『Kato Junichi Kingdom. Day5』

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZgAGsYh6tQ
>>
i miss my norn warrior waifu's abs thats about it
>>
>>339766
I never really clicked with the gamefeel of GW1 or 2, but GW1's PvP gameplay made up for it. 2 feels really off though. I don't like sharding or the constant worldstate shifting as you advance your personal quest. General feel of combat was off - hits weren't satisfying, didn't feel much variance between weapons or classes. The largescale PvP mode was a neglected gimmick that could've been a gem with a bit of polish. The arena fighting was fine but it just felt worse than 1.

It sucks because I wanted to like it, but it just never clicked and left me wanting to play more.
>>
I go through phases where I play GW2 but I really hated the way the maps worked in HoT so I stopped playing. I still enjoy WvW a bit but it's been a while since I played it. I loved the questing and exploration system in vanilla GW2 though, I got full map complete on 4 or 5 characters and had so much fun doing it.
>>
>>339766
They ruined my solo OW Scrapper with the Applied Force & boon changes, and I don't care for other specs
>>
Japanese Famous Streamer
Junichi Kato Youtubelive

RUST Play Season7 Final War#26
(Viewer Participation Tipe)
『Kato Junichi Kingdom.
vs Japanese Clan "DCN"(Day6)』

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FB_tadjEKs
>>
>>339846

>tfw end game rotations for the highest skill classes are too hard
>>
>>339889
>weapon skills
that's such a bad system
>>
My issue is that there isn't Australian servers.
>>
When I do I don't know what to do for end game. I 100% the world map and when I try to pvp its just zergfest or gear difference. I play necro and instance pvp is okay but I realize I might As well play a moba for a more intense experience

Also their mods are gay

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.