[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>valve doesn't really fix the bot problem
>not a lot of updates, just summer, Halloween and Christmas updates
>community projects like faceit and creators are shit
>drama between tryhard and casual players

It's hard to be a tf2 player in 2021
>>
>drama between tryhard and casual players
i still think faceit started it all. fuck faceit and the moneygrubbers that dont play this game that started it
>>
>>327783
Who knew that 12v12 casual with competitive settings would be a bad a idea, these fags really don't understand the idea of casual
>>
File: saxton.png (973 KB, 1024x634)
973 KB
973 KB PNG
>>327780
If people would stop going into casual match making and break free from their conditioned habit, the game could recover. There is literally no point in joining these matches. Either your game is filled with bots, or will have a high fluctuation of players and turn it into an unbalanced mess most likely. Either way, you won't have a good time.
Do yourself a favour and go to community servers straight, or put the game on hibernation, like I did. Valve won't fix the problem any time soon and match making will simply drive you mad.
>>
File: 2e0.png (104 KB, 215x395)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>327791
I would go to community servers if they wasn't all just hightower and 2fort and shitty trade servers, I want to play harvest god damn it,
>>
>>327780
I hate the fact that i always get christmas gifts even though it's june already
>>
>>327780
Why is tyler mcdicker such a schmuck? he hypes up the community impulsively and then crushes the hype as hard as he can so he can repeat the cycle later on. Also I remember seeing some evidence in an old thread here that he is pushing some bots into the game and intentionally hyperbolizing the death of tf2 so he can make more videos on it
>>
>>327780
This game has been dead since 2010.
>>
what are good east coast servers to play in??
>>
>>328137
24/7 hightower
trade_minecraft
idle
24/7 2fort
24/7 dustbowl
24/7 orange x10 crits
that one stock server that's populated at certain times of day but it has a catch like tranny admins, instant respawn, or an autistic playerbase

take your pick
>>
>>327794
There is a Skial 24/7 harvest server
>>
>>328296
>Skial
No fuck off
>>
File: 20201223023932_1.jpg (18 KB, 226x209)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>327780
Adding another reaction image because I liked yours
Mvm is wack bro
>>
>>327794
How are you not getting into Harvest 24/7 servers, they're everywhere???
>>
>>327855
tyler's first comment about gabe newell saying there was a tf2 update planned was to tell him to fuck off, what do you mean he hypes everyone up
>>
>>327780
I'm aware of the bot crisis, but what's the deal with the casual matches thingy? I thought our only issue were the bots
>>
File: EytAdAMWEAEyyWz.jpg (76 KB, 785x1055)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>327780
no 247 badwater
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26 KB, 400x462)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
maybe it's time to move on from this stale ass game which hasn't been remotely fun since 2014 instead of making a hundred fucking threads every day bitching about bots or community servers or tyler mcvicker or whatever else it is you autists screech about ad infinitum
>>
>>327780
yeah, it's pretty hard to play titanfall 2 in 2021....
>>
>>327787
if you are a casual player how would faceit affect you at all? you will continue playing on casual servers and not even notice that faceit exists
think a little
>>
>>332155
move on to what, though? I've tried CSGO, both MNCs, Loadout, Overwatch, Fortnite, and now Valorant, and none of them come close to the controlled chaos that TF2 brings
>>
>>328254
At least the autist are usually good at the game or for a laugh
>>
>>332155
Tell that to War Thunder shitters.

But in all honesty, nothing comes close to TF2. The chaotic class-based game has remained its own image and I'd like that, unless you are a genshitter or valoshitter then you should invest in some rope
>>
what is actually the chance of a Team Fortress 3? it's been a long enough time, the community is slowly dwindling, Valve's probably sick of working with the spaghetti code of a game being worked on by different coders for 14 years and there seems to be a vacuum of class-based objective multiplayer games, hence why TF2 is still popular today.
I know they themselves adhere to the le volvo can't count to 3 maymay as a joke but there seems to be somewhat of a "Valve is Back" zeitgeist they're trying with Half-Life: Alyx
>>
>>332155
Everyone says this but they never answer the question when someone says what to move to instead.
>>
>>328296
Why fixed spread?
>>
>>334512
Very likely when they drop their new source engine. But it fucking pisses me off how long they drag it out already.
>>
>>334893
Do you not enjoy consistently landing shotgun pellets?
>>
>>327780
critisizms toward other community servers that run more maps than 2fort boil down to
>"Wah I got banned because I bound my w key to spam nigger in chat"
>>
>>328296
>Skial
>>
>>335056
I land them consistently enough with random spread. It's just autistic to have the spread turned off for ONLY shotguns and then nothing else. It feels more like people want to be able to use the shotgun at the edge of medium to longer ranges. Weapons like the minigun, pistol, and SMG still have completely random spread and for some reason autists don't care for those weapons.
>>
>>327783
based, fuck faceit.
>>
>>327794
uncletopia servers?
>>
>>335318
trannies and furfags
>>
>>335318
even worse than skial
>>
File: fear.jpg (52 KB, 256x256)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>335186
>Minigun with fixed spread
>>
>>335387
There's plenty of ways it could be done somewhat fairly, from a fixed pattern of 9 that 4 pellets randomly choose from to a wide, fixed alternating pattern or something.
>>
>>335186
Automatic weapons with fixed spread would be a massive buff that would promote scout to destroyer of worlds tier and make heavy a 6s mainstay alongside erasing all soldier mains which would make compfags seethe. Shotgun pellets are better balanced for fixed spread without the objective power levels fluctuating too much
>>335406
even with an alternating pattern it would still be a pretty big buff compared to fixed shotgun spread. Anything that lets scout land consistent pistol shots from all ranges would make him a terror
>>
>>335958
Pistols and SMGs could also have a fixed pattern that could be chosen randomly from. The shortstop's pattern seems like a good fit. And the minigun could still have the shotgun's 9 pellet pattern, but the 4 bullets choose randomly from it.
>>
>custom crit hit sounds still turn into ear rape on sv_pure servers
>Regular and last hit sounds are fine
Why the fuck is it like this?
>>
>>334512
Low. All VAs are dying/dead except from Scout and Medic's. The economy rakes in enough money for Valve to see it as an unnecessary risk to potentially tank it if a third instalment releases. Due to the VA situation, they either need to get impersonators, invest in VA AI or just make new characters altogether, none of which the community would be satisfied with. Then having the physics like rocket-jumping, trimping, etc be similar enough to TF2 would be near impossible.
>>
>>336496
Team Fortress 3 would have its own set of characters, wouldn't it? Team Fortress 2's characters aren't the same as Team Fortress's characters, after all.
>>
>>336500
It just wouldn't be the same. And knowing the modern gaming industry and what they prioritize, they would undoubtedly fuck up the new cast.
The ideal TF3 would be a direct port of TF2 on a newer engine.
>>
>>336505
I feel like that shouldn't be TF3, it should just still be TF2 if it's reusing all of the same mechanics and characters. Maybe call it TF2 episode 2 or something. TF3 should have its own style and story, even if it's something that's not nearly as good.
>>
>>328422
based. fuck skial
>>
>>336812
what is skial? what are the best community servers?
>>
>>335318
Awful, I made fun of someone for having BLM in their name and got permanently banned
>>
just learned the basics of trimping my dudes. Why is it so easy to do the simple stuff? Why did I never learn before?
>>
>>334512
Close to none. If they don't port over the hats, it will flop. If they do, it'd still be the same garish abomination it is today. The only possible improvements are technical stuff like moving to source 2, but there's little money in that.

>>335186
An easy fix would be increasing the randomness of the spread the longer you fire. Keep tap shooting accurate-ish, but if you're laying on the trigger, the bullets will fly everywhere. Kinda like csgo.
>>
>>337319
>The only possible improvements are technical stuff like moving to source 2, but there's little money in that.
Dude, they could add new mercs.
>>
>>337331
It'd be better to have new mercs entirely
>>
File: friday night.jpg (206 KB, 550x549)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
Here's the brain melting shower thought. Old classes, but with 'new' mercs, which all have the same shape as the old ones, and you can pick one of four variants per class (only cosmetic). So it would be the same class and style, but an exchangeable mannequin, so to say. Inb4 white demoman or Asian sniper :^)
>>
>>337569
yes but they'd never add more in the current spaghetti code
>>
>>337634
If they made TF3 and started from scratch they wouldn't have to deal with TF2's spaghetti
>>
>>336877
Skial is just one of the bigger communities on Tf2 but has the unfortunate side effect of it's community being generally unfunny cunts who hide under gay smugness whenever they suddenly feel like they've been wronged. They will not leave you alone unless you leave the server and still they might keep at it when you come back one day

Also they're admins and mods are power hungry hypocritical sluts and good luck getting unbanned from their servers if suddenly one day you said the wrong thing and you aren't already cool with the community or Admin

If you want a constant stream of players then Skials good for that since all their servers are always full, plus they have active modded servers like Saxton hale and Zombie mode but that's all they're good for, don't actually interact with any of the players
>>
>>337586
No
fuck off
>>
File: EcsB6S0WsAEwTgw.png (282 KB, 512x512)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>327780
Try playing hightower by playing engineer and pushing the cart

feels great to read those angry tryharder seeth at my defiance against their mental illness only to fail to kick me from the server +5 times
>>
>>335958
>Automatic weapons with fixed spread would be a massive buff that would promote scout to destroyer of worlds tier and make heavy a 6s mainstay alongside erasing all soldier mains which would make compfags seethe.
that actually sound very good
>>
>>327780
Even without bots the casual matchmaking is complete aids, I'm lvl 11 and I'm matched into a server with like 5 high lvls on the opposite team with 15k kill stranges
>>
File: 1622133820683.jpg (125 KB, 678x960)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>336891
>>
>>339293
The most prominent community servers that were 24/7 2fort died do to in-fighting among the users

>Community Saxton hale server dies because a simp and his e-girl tried getting everyone to come to their server and abandon the old one. Everything falls a part

>Other server died because it was run by 4chan browsing fucks who couldn't handle lowering their pride and not be an asshole
>>
>>327794
The /mlp/ server is by far the best TF2 community server ever made. Super chill community, a high level of skill, great map rotations, and tons of horse pussy. You literally can't find a better server than it.
>>
>>335318
Good servers, teammates with brains in their heads. Everyone Love/hates Dustbowl like I do.
>>335069
exactly this.
>>
File: 1622573095693.gif (645 KB, 500x300)
645 KB
645 KB GIF
How do we save tf2 bros...
>>
>>339838
All good things come to an end.
>>
File: sad heavy.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>339943
Our time has passed.
>>
>>335318
I've been playing these the last couple days.
Quick voice calls not showing up in chat is kind of annoying, and more often than not one team is a discord stack. But overall it's not that bad.
>>
>>340337
yea I been playing lots of uncletopia as well... casual servers are COMPLETELY dead late at night. and i usually play 12-4am east... so every casual server just gets overridden by bots
>>
File: 1621463852631.gif (2.9 MB, 600x576)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB GIF
>>339838

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.