[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Facebook_1440x1080.jpg (1.05 MB, 1440x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
Patch 1.5.2 hitting live servers sometime this week, new map is still slated for Q2 so probably over a month until it's revealed. What are your hopes/expectations for the 3rd map?
>>
>>317395
>What are your hopes/expectations for the 3rd map?
Maybe some more vertical/urban themed compounds. Something like Arden Parish but few storefronts would be cool.
>>
big booba
>>
Is there any list floating around that tells what weapons can spawn on what tier hunters? I know that free hunters have their own tier, the best primary they can spawn with is a base Vetterli, and the best side arm is a base Pax.
>>
Does the game feel wonkier to anyone else recently?
I don't remember the things I throw appearing in the air about one second after I actually throw them.
Not to mention the game is shoving me off objects I climb on way more now.
>>
Has there ever been talk about using a dynamic market in this? Where the price of equipment increases and decreases based on how much the player base purchases the equipment.
>>
>>317777
Why can't hunters spawn with knuckle knives? It's the most important and annoying unlock after prestiging.
>>
>>317745
I like big booba
>>
>>317777
I might be wrong on this, but I think it depends on the bloodline tier. For example bloodline tier 2 is lvl 34-67 so then tier 2 hunters can spawn with any gear that is unlocked before lvl 67.

>>317790
That sounds like a ping issue to me. Some of the servers were spotty after 1.5 launched but it's been fine for me on EU and NA.
>>
>>317937
knuckle knife is the second worst melee option you could bring into a game topped only by machete.

>>317796
Just go play tarkov.
>>
>>318123
What's wrong with the knuckle knife?
>>
>>318156
Can't one hit dogs, the only AI that is relatively dangerous.
>>
>>318156
Less damage than knife. The only time you shouldn't take knife is if you run two med slots or you have a bayonet/bomb lance and then knuckles will be perfectly sufficient.
>>
>>318123
Here you go folks. That's the opinion of a fresh white shirt ready to feed the flies in the bayou.

How about you at least reach rank 100 before giving your opinion?
>>
Okay, heavy knife, or regular knife?
>>
>>318502
For me it's the regular knife
>>
>>318502
Heavy knife for that sweet horizontal slash
>>
File: 1620962929852.png (1.04 MB, 828x851)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>318647
based
>>
>>318502
its not a bad idea for someone in a team to have a heavy knife for clearing concertina but I still prefer regular knife
>>
>>317395
>>317649
Yeah I've been hoping for one with some more urban areas, and an area with some hills to break up the flat landscape
>>
The girl characters need bigger boobs.
Also, do they still play the lullaby in the menu? I'm only getting the other two songs. I wish I could permanently set it to the lullaby.
>>
>>318156
The only use I find in the knuckle knife is if I'm playing a free hunter with two medium-sized weapons and neither have stocks, so I need reliable blunt and stabbing damage. I always bring a stamina shot anyway so I'm not worried about the extra stamina required to kill dogs or armoreds.
>>
The melee damage doesn't really matter when it's usually just for grunts. Pick up the melee at the boss for actual noticeable damage increases. Literally doesnt fucking matter if you pick the knife the brass knuckles, anything.
>>
>>318781
lol retard
>>
Jesus, I knew people are still kinda sleeping on the knuckle knive but not realizing how great it is even after using it is just next level. Sure with a stamina shot the knive is probably better but no melee weapon beats the knuckle knive when it comes to stamina management.

You can kill 2 immolators and couple of hives/grunts in succession without issues. You can destroy doors with 6 quick attacks. Armoreds die just as quick as with a knive, except that it takes a third of the stamina.
Don't even get me started on the heavy knive. When I see a random carry it without a stam shot I know I'm dealing with a clueless noob.

Recharging stamina costs time and you want to be quick in this game. Take the knuckle knive pill and thank me later.
>>
File: 1356731947643.gif (980 KB, 500x461)
980 KB
980 KB GIF
>>318342
Run your mouth off like that you're liable to get a bomb lance crammed in it boy.
>>
>>318929
>bomb lance
I'll just watch you cowering in some corner like the worm you are. Be it by wall bangs or match timer - you're choosing a slow and pathetic end. Enjoy the kill view pal
>>
>>318942
Fuck around and find out pardner
>>
Did 1.5.2 happen yet? They're talking like it is on the community page but when is it supposed to drop?
Also what are the chances the game goes on sale again for this update?
>>
>>318850
yeah okay and that's why i'm in the top 500 and you're not
>>
>>319598
You never gave us your name mysterious stranger. You might as well describe your 10" dick.
>>
File: 1620418317640.jpg (13 KB, 236x236)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
How the hell do I deal with Scrapbeak? Theres no good melee weapon around his lair, he throws barbed wire everywhere and I dont want to attract 3 other duos by shooting him.
>>
whos taken the musket bayonet pill? also im on the fence with the bornheim, the price just seems so excessive, why not bring an officer for a fraction of the price?
>>
>>319623
Sticky bomb
>>
>>319623
>no good melee
yeah thats the idea of scrapbeak, if you find his lair its not the worst idea to bring a melee weapon across or better yet bring a bayonet
>>
>>319623
throwables. fire, bombs, whatever you got. jump in and out. helps if you carry shotgun.
>>
File: 141560925960.gif (118 KB, 260x187)
118 KB
118 KB GIF
What the fuck did they do to matchmaking? Every single duo I've run into playing as a solo in the recent patch actually knows what they're doing.
>>
>>319734
Did you not see the the skill-based matchmaking update?
>>
>>319623
>knife heavy to stagger, quick follow up knife heavy, run away before he swings
>rinse and repeat 3 times until he drops items
>leave while he's enraged to avoid making excess barbed wire
>pick up weapon off ground now
There, you're set. Even without better melee weapons, he's easy to kill with the basic knife, it just takes time.
>>
>>319747
I did not, gimmie the tldr
>>
>>319781
SKILL based matchmaking
>>
>>319781
It's similar to the Elo rating system. Your rating goes up and down based on the rating of the players you kill and the player that kills you. Based on your rating, you get put into a bracket. When Skill based matching making is on, the system can spend up to 5 minutes looking for other players in your bracket.

They also implemented a decay mechanism that starts to lower your rating after like a week and then a month of not playing. It sounds like a team's rating is the averaged rating of the members. There is some kind of fudge factor with this team's rating that tries to prevent a team from getting pulled into a much higher bracket.
>>
>Didn't stock up on slugs before the patch
AAAAAAAAAAAH FUUUUCK
>>
>>317745
good boob and good lip very nice trhank u for image
>>
Game is on sale and I'm slightly interested
I've been trying to research on my own but I just can't find any info on what the reason for the boss hunts are
like, is hunt such a game you play solely because of the fun gameplay or is there anything you can work on outside of matches?
like in Tarkov you have the whole hideout you can upgrade, and leveling of your character
also, is there a ranked mode?
>>
>>320143
>is hunt such a game you play solely because of the fun gameplay
Pretty much. There is no real metagame grind; you can build up a character but only a handful of the traits are build defining, it only takes ~2 matches to get all the important traits, and ~5 matches to max them out. And then they die like flies. Bounty is converted directly into hunt dollars post match, which is the standard currency, but unless you either buy top tier guns every match or prestige all the time you're going to have an excess of hunt dollars. There are minor things to loot from maps, but they mostly progress what I've already said: little stashes of hunt dollars, hunter exp, trait points, etc. Boss hunts only exist to structure the pvp.
I keep coming back to it day after day just because the gameplay is incredibly chaotic and satisfying. Also there's no ranked mode.
>>
File: 1591221934731.jpg (115 KB, 960x960)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>320143
If you are even a little bit interested, and maybe have someone to play with, give it a go. Its not too expensive and feels very unique for a shooter. No meta stuff except your hunters you can level up, equip and lose horribly to people who are better at you than murdering. Which there are a lot of.
>>
>>320163
>>320172
Thanks bros
What's gotten me more interested in Hunt than Tarkov is that Hunt seems to be a lot more focused on the player's own skill while Tarkov just seems like a gear grind
>>
>>320188
Hunt is a game where you can reliably kill someone who has a $1000 dollar gun using a $50 gun so long as you know what you're doing. Things like positioning, map awareness, and interpreting sound cues can often matter more than actual shooting skills or loadout choices in winning gunfights. And the guns are pretty balanced; the most expensive ones have their own drawbacks that don't always make them a clear upgrade except the Dolch.Just be warned that the game has a very steep learning curve at first.
>>
File: 1421049487010.gif (1.85 MB, 250x188)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>320009
I never even thought of doing that

>>320143
For me I just really like Hunt's gameplay and aesthetics. The only progressions to manage are levels for gear, which comes on its own, and unlocking variant gear and ammo types, which comes from using certain gear. I like it for encouraging me to try out different weapons.
>>
>>320201
>$50 gun
Fucking rich bastard, my $25 dollar tube does the job just as well.
>>
>>317395
I'm a 0.4 k/d scrub. last night I rushed into golden acres where the bounty carriers were and burst into the compound and killed all 3 of them. I'm still riding the high off that it felt so good

had Romero hatchet and double bornheim. tagged first guy with hatchet and finished with bornheims. killed second with bornheims. tagged 3rd with bornheims, reloaded hatchet and chased, tagged with hatchet but still didnt kill, we played ring around the staircase until he decided to try and joust me with his vetterli bayonet but i released the hatchet swing first, victory
>>
File: 1605488178018.jpg (130 KB, 670x375)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>320201
Id add the Nitro Express to the dolch, one of my few gripes about this game. Bodyshots shouldnt kill unless its a shotgun in close combat.
>Just be warned that the game has a very steep learning curve at first.
Id say it has a steep learning curve beyond 'at first'. Im about 50 hours in, playing with a reliable duo that works well with me and still struggle to maintain a kd at about 1.0. Its fun as hell though, even if were being used to wipe the floor, the game is just fun through and through, once you pass the initial barrier of not having a clue whats happening. It challenges you in way that is motivating
>>
>>320318
Nitro's fine, between being equipped with a sight made for distances the gun should never be used at and only letting you carry 6 bullets total in most cases I'd rather have the shotgun. Not to mention it's $1000.
>>
>>320391
>that fps counter
Why
>>
>>320427
>he doesnt track his opponents ips ingame
>>
lag is unplayable bros..
>>
>>320510
Has it been happening to you since the last update? Ever since it dropped I'll randomly start getting super high ping for about 10-20 seconds and then it'll go away. Usually happens only once every two matches or so
>>
>>320520
just just since the patch, insane packet loss and ping
>>
What weapon loadouts have you been enjoying recently boys?

I just started using the Vertelli Deadeye with dual Caldwell Pax, and I'm having a ton of fun.
>>
>>320592
winfield bayo but im keen for the cheaper centennial and centenial sniper, having a high vel high rof sniper that also can lever is pre kino, still hoping for a double action/semi auto med ammo sidearm
>>
Loading screen bug is back, any idea what the fix might be?
>>
>>320592
Lately I've been messing with the specter so I can get slugs. Not sure why it catches so much flak, honestly.
My normal sidearm is an officer or pax, but I've been thinking of trying to work on the lemat to get slugs for it too.
>>
Why is the game so smudgy looking?
>>
>>320992
turn off AA
>>
>>320992
For some reason, the first time I launched the game, it had "render resolution scale" at 75 by default, which made everything blurry as fuck.
>>
File: 1585354598590.gif (1.99 MB, 320x240)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>320592
Veterlli Deadeye, single Caldwell Pax with Dumdums. Love the veterlli style, but I get fucked in close combat
>>
>>320592
Crossbow and Officer for cheap solo hunts
Rival Slugs and Lemat Slugs/FMJ with fanning for a higher-end loadout
Martini Riposte regular/explosive and Officer
Romero Hatched and Nagant Precision for solo pushing
>>
>>321026
Veterli bayonet with iron sharpshooter is ridiculously good. See you in the bayou veterli bro
>>
>>320427
Mainly so I can see when I have lag if it's FPS drops or due to something else. I've had some computer problems in the past.
>>
File: winny go plack.png (829 KB, 990x667)
829 KB
829 KB PNG
>>317395
patch is shit amd fucking everthinmg upm
>>
>>321271
How so
>>
File: Facebook_1440x1080.jpg (1.1 MB, 1440x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
As much as I love the swamp setting, I wouldn't mind a change of scenery since both maps are basically the same thing with different compounds. Western bros, we're going home.
>>
>>321442
I'd like if they continued a trend if two maps for each location type so they could use the assets again. So we get two swamp maps, two western maps, and whatever else they can come up with.
>>
How bad of an idea would it be for new maps to be more densely packed in general? Like a map that's a town, with buildings everywhere and generally shorter sightlines.
>>
>>321455
I think that it would be cool and I had a similar idea but it would take a lot of careful thought and planning to implement it in a good way. Even now some of the larger compounds suffer from the problem of having too many potential sightlines and bullshit angles like tiny cracks and openings that you can be killed from. Imagine an entire map like that. Would be cool if they had an area that was the size of like 3 or 4 compounds combined into a town, but a full map might be a too much.
>>
>>321455
It would probably be fucking terrible for performance
>>
>>321455
smaller sized map with more buildings would be fun but as anon said itd be hard to balance and would be a camp fest. In a dm setting maybe but that would split the playerbase
>>
i want a full water map. maybe just a few islands here and there, make scupper look like a fucking joke
>>
>>321569
water devil appendages typed this post
>>
>>321569
gator legs typed this based post
>>
>>321569
Imagine if one of the compounds was a giant junk heap that's completely covered in trash and glass.
>>
>>321455
I would imagine players would figure out major chokepoints and camp them. With the current maps, you always have the option to take a long route round a compound to try to attack from another angle.
>>
File: raondomshit.jpg (349 KB, 2048x1540)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>317395
is it good, should I get it?
>>
>>321648
Yeah, it's cool and unique.
>>
This is what 2+ k/d looks like. Rest in piss.
>>
>>321648
do it, fumo-kun
>>
>>321696
wat a tard
>>
So what's the conclusion so far on flechette and penny shot foe shotguns as a primary and not just a tool for long ammo? I almost entirely ignored them because I'm loath to give up penetration, usually roll a naked Rival or one with slugs
>>
>>321785
Penny shot basically turns the shotguns into the halo 2 shotgun from my experience. It's significantly more consistent at one taping at close range than regular ammo. Penetration doesn't really affect me that much with shotguns so it's not a big loss
>>
>>321820
pre much this desu. the pressure flechette puts on your target is nice plus its cheap, especially on the rival as the default really doesnt do well (for me atleast)
>>
File: 1621466470978.jpg (30 KB, 696x572)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>321569
jesus fuck, what are you? Some kind of camping, sniping masochist? Fuck outta here
>>
If I want to unlock swarm bombs, do I have to actually be poisoned while using the antidote shot or can I just spam them?
>>
>>321974
use one and check the xp before and after
>>
>>321974
No, you can just inject at any time, but the better question is why you would ever want to use hive bombs. 90% of the time they just come back to you.
>>
>>321974
Using the poison bolts for the hand crossbow counts. Do that instead.
>>322095
They're good for throwing in houses where the other person is running around compared to dynamite.
>>
File: 1604631405411.gif (519 KB, 338x200)
519 KB
519 KB GIF
>>322095
Hivebombs havent been on my radar at all, until some well placed ones fucked me up hard. Once they get aggro to you in a firefight, youre done. Cant see shit, cant heal, and they do home in hard
>>
>>322112
Just bring a weak antidote shot in every loadout. It's as cheap as a chokebomb, 30 minute coverage is more than enough time for 9/10 matches, and it deletes an entire status effect from existence. Spider? You can freely hang out in the lair with the boss, even during pvp fights. Bees? They tickle you and trick enemies into thinking you're an easy kill. Poison clouds? Let's you pass right through while blocking off doors for minutes. Poison ammo? That hunter basically paid extra to nerf himself.
>>
>>321648
I don't think its worth a solo player. if you don't have frens willing to buy and play with you or you're the sort that isn't comfortable playing anything randoms you prob won't enjoy it. otherwise it's absolutely fantastic 10/10
>>
>>322123
Or join the /vm/ hunt server, forgot to link it. Shitters make up the vast majority of people on there so don't be afraid of being new or bad. You can usually find a lobby in the evening, the euros don't seem to mind playing on NA so you can just spam them. Or maybe Ausbro will finally find someone to play with.

https://discord.gg/W6YQDJgpxw
>>
>>322122
If it was categorized as tool I might, but as consumable for the 1 / 50 people that bring hivebombs ... ? Na bro
>>
>>322137
You'll find a toolbox in the first compound to replace the shot with. And you'll encounter poison damage at least once every single game.
>>
>>322146
>open lootbox
>get chaos bomb
na bro, lootboxes dont follow shit for rules
>>
How in-depth do you guys think the character customization is going to be?
>>
>>322395
hopefully its just a mix & match of the premade dudes already available. Like the tier 1 trench-coat guy, being able to put a different tier 1 hat on him or put that trench coat on the blue shirt female. if it's full customization that just shits on the whole purpose of legendary hunters
>>
>>321974
you can spam them. 4x weak antidote shots will get you there in a dozen games or so. pro-tippy tip tip, you can use the antidote shot on team mates. when I was grinding out the hive bomb i'd take 3x shots and 1 poison bomb, and give the whole squad summa dat green heroine. poison bomb on top of a downed enemy hunter makes them unable to be revived unless they've also used an antidote shot. (or if they have resilience)
>>
>>322395
They've been stealthily updating small individual elements of the tiered hunter clothing so I'm assuming they'll just let you use a base hunter and then equip them with whatever clothing is already in the game like this dude said >>322403

Would be cool if they also let you use legendary hunter skins/clothing but they probably won't so that legendary hunters remain unique.
>>
>>322128
>or maybe ausbro will finally find someone
AAAAHHHHHH JUST END ME NOW
>>
>>322128
/vm/ Hunt discord is for Payday 2 now NERD
>>
>introduced a friend today to Hunt
>"late night EU has only bots and dipshits" i said
>keep running into Rank 100 Solid Snake players
fuck
>last match
>Assassin is banished
>"lets try to go get it"
>decide i'm shit at aiming and should just probably whack the fuckers
>conveniently placed mallet right next to me
>break down the fucking door to the barn
>mandingo mode into the barn and whack the fucker straight back to the main menu
>grab bounty
>he was solo
i love mandingo whacking, friend was pissing himself, he is having a lot of fun in the game so far
https://streamable.com/er4k5v
>>
>stamshot
>sticky bomb
>allow teams of 3
>find boss in first compound
>extract also at compound
ez $1000 I was shitting my pants that whole banishment
>>
>go in solo to test my connection before playing with buddy
>#JustRuralInternetThings
>grab free hunter, has springfield compact deadeye and dual conversion pistols
>take explosive ammo for springfield for that extra spice
>fast forward to banishing at arden parish
>run up to compound and get into crawl space under house
>see guy climbing ladder onto compound
>shoot him at top of ladder
>miss headshot
>someone inside compound shot him almost instantly after and he gets donked
>lol
>hear more people move in, tons of gun fire going off inside
>run inside myself
>plague doctor drops down in front of me and I spam into his back
>he drops bounty which I grab and haul ass out because I need to reload
>decide I'll just run to extract
>fucking immolator catches me as soon as I get into tree line, no fences to jump over and ditch it
>out of stamina
>o fug
>it nearly fucking kills me but I finally beat it to death with springfield
>hear crows spook very close to me
>panic and dive into cornfield
>all is quiet for a moment
>literally watch the fuckers run right past me
>they stop and realize I'm behind them
>we're all crouching in the cornfield
>manage to see one between cornstalks, pop him with springfield, ded
>throw a poison bomb on him
>as soon as the poison bomb lands I get popped from the side, other guy snuck around me
>rip
>decide to spectate
>guy that killed me is 0 prestige level 36, a newbie
>his friend was a phantom
>he spends several minutes walking into poison cloud to revive his friend and almost dying
>finally manages to edge around to side of cloud where he can revive without getting poisoned
>his friend stands up and immediately dies
>see him staring at his friend
>for far too long
>oh no
>oh no no no
>he redskulled his buddy L0L
>finally gives up and makes his way to extract alone
lol sorry bud
>>
ded servers
ded game
>>
File: 1618694396350.jpg (1.53 MB, 3024x4032)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>need to put on some kind of tunes before I get into gunfights while playing solo so I can calm my nerves
anyone else like this?
>>
File: FPS Doug.jpg (21 KB, 576x532)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>323048
My heart's beatin, my hands are shaking, my hands are shaking but I'm STILL shooting and STILL getting the headshots!
>>
why bother AD-ing when turning with a mouse looks way more janky and has zero inertia https://streamable.com/lf2cz1
>>
>>322869
redpill me on Springfield explosive ammo. is it based or cringe? I've read positive opinions of the dumdums in the Springfield but never the explosive rounds
>>
>>323104
Not him but I'm loving explosive on the martini riposte, it's great for landing a body hit with regular and swapping to explosive to groundpound the bush or fence line you think they're healing on. Also extremely useful for opening windows.
I've tried the Springfield compact striker with explosive and dumdum for a shotgun secondary, it's pretty good as well.
>>
>>323104
it turns your Springfield into a martini henry with zero penetration and the only extra benefit is instantly detonating barrels. i think its cringe but to each his own.
>>
>>323104
The only real benefit is the extra impact damage and the ability to clear concertina wire/shutters/barricades. I strongly prefer dumdum ammo because in the time it takes to reload, they have to make the decision to fix their bleeding, or keep shooting so you can hit them again.

Either way the Springfield is the worst gun in the game and the custom ammo doesn’t make them thar much more utilitarian.
>>
File: 1621604098871.jpg (75 KB, 770x600)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>play with randoms
>stalking another team
>notice both my mates are always waiting 100 ft behind me
>im always on point meaning i will be most likely to get crossfired by enemies
>decide to just stop and wait
>mates just pretending to move and aim but never advances past me
>ask them if they are fucking bots
>one start talking shit to me
>i teamkill him
>other one still just fucking around in some bush 100 ft away
>leave and extract
Was I in the right here?
>>
>>323330
>playing with randoms
>being in the right
pick one and join the /vm/ discord and for the love of crows please come from a land down under
>>
>>323048
I think fortunate son will do well for that
>>323051
>>323056
nice one
>>
I've been eyeing this game for a while, I heard it's lacking in content and/or grindy. Is this true?
>>
>>323386
>lacking in content
The base game is deep enough to be enjoyable for hundreds of hours. Updates are fairly infrequent but big content patches come around every 2 months or so with a few minor balance changes or small additions in between. There was a pretty bad content drought last year, presumably due to wuhan aids, but development has been picking up a lot this year. We got more in the first 3 months of 2021 than we did in the entirety of 2020.
>grindy
Not in the slightest. It takes like 10-20 hours of playtime (depending on how many successful bounties you complete) to hit the max rank and unlock everything. If you want to grind then you can prestige and do it all again up to 100 times but that's a completely optional thing.
>>
>>323363
yeah I'm Oceania but discord is cringe so no thanks
>>
>>323443
I finally found one drop ur steam anon
>>
File: image000000 (4).jpg (306 KB, 1944x2592)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>323466
>laughs in Texas
you utter fool, you've been completely bamboozled by my wit and deception
>>
>>323472
>>
Game is great. Sadly suffers many problems. Never played a game with this many server downtimes and desyncs happening. Latest patch hopefully gets patched soon since, apart from connection problems, it also brought things like mouse deadzone. Don't know how that monstrosity got past the test servers. We don't play anymore until it's fixed.
>>
>>323386
>lacking in content
nah, although it could potentially get repetitive once you hit a plateau in skill level
>grindy
not really, but it is if you want certain weapon variants, good luck getting an Avtomat by grinding the Mosin if you’re just starting off. My main gripe with Hunt is that shit shouldn’t be locked to level or exp for weapon variants, their monetary cost is enough of a barrier as is
>>
>>322956
In Ausfalia maybe, I get instant games on EU at 1am on a sunday.
>>
>>323330
No, teamkilling is just retarded unless your teammates are straight out hostile.

I feel you tho, randoms play like npcs. I have games where I roll with a scope and I have shotgun retards crouching literally behind me instead of engaging. They always follow me like they have no idea what to do, even when I'm trying to go for a cheeky flank. Maybe it's due to my high prestige. Maybe people are expecting some strategic masterworks from me alone. Just annoying.
>>
>>323330
I've teamkilled a couple of faggots, but only if I'm completely certain that they deserve it.
>random trios
>boss is in chapel, the underground bit
>someone is there already killing it
>one teammate is some mosin/dolch fag
>he's some ways away from us
>we push into the boss lair
>wipe that team
>another team arrives after we kill and banish the boss
>I die
>spectate other teammate
>he's in fucking PORT REEKER sniping at an underground compound
>teammate that's with me manages to clutch and revives
>we end up having a tense battle with the remaining teams, dying and reviving multiple times
>meanwhile the sniper guy doesn't move at all, literally hasn't fired a single shot
>we walk out of chapel with 11 kills
>unanimously decide to murder the sniper retard
>>
>>323578
>we walk out of chapel with 11 kills
stopped reading ur fanfiction there
>>
>>323664
You do know that revived players count as kills? My highest in one game was 14 total kills.
>>
What's the best Sam Fisher solo loadout for maximum late 1800s stealth? Your choices are:
>Primary:
>>Silenced Winfield 1873C
>>Silenced Sparks LLR
>>Crossbow (No custom ammo)

>Secondary:
>>Silenced Nagant Revolver
>>Hand Crossbow
I like the damage of the Sparks, but in direct confrontation when my cover is blown I'd much prefer to have the Winfield just for the additional shots.
>>
>>323730
Silenced sparks and cavalry saber is the only true stealth loadout option. Sparks because you actually have a decent headshot range and it does at least some damage over range and sabre for close quarters chain kills.
>>
Is there any reason to use the standard Martini Henry over the Sparks besides unlocking variants?
>>
>>323578
Did you call out the sniper as a bean eatin nigga? Did everyone get up and clap too?
>>
>>323742
explosive ammo so no there is not a reason to use it, sparks comes in ironsights and sniper scope which covers all the uses you'd need for it. 4FS Gaming does a good video on it
>>
>>323742
The one version has a sword on the end of it, I find that a pretty good reason
>>
>>323907
>>323742
just use the kar bayonet
>>
>>323578
>cueing with a random mosin sniper
You were asking for it. Trust me, NEVER team up with a high level and/or expensive loadouts sniper. They use you as bait and insurance and will let you burn with zero effort to help.
>>
>how do i git gud
>is there a better way to fight the monsters without teetering between their agro zones
>do i purchase the legendary hunters at all and if they die, do i have to do it again?
>>
>>324016
>How do I get good
Most of it is experience really unless you're missing the basics. In that case just watch couple of tutorial videos. There's a "solo guide" series by some streamer on YouTube that covers more advanced stuff in general but maybe you'll pick up a few more basic things by watching him.

Ai should almost never give you trouble. Most of it is stamina management. Learn how much stamina you need to dispose of ai and plan accordingly. Avoiding it is a good idea too but I find that it takes a lot of practice to do it in a way that doesn't slow you down too much. Also, WALKING IS A THING. I see so many noobs (and sadly advanced players) run as much as possible. Walk when there's lots of ai around. You'll find that the trigger range is significantly lower. It's quiet and sometimes faster to walk for a few meters.

>Legendary hunters
The first time 'unlock' purchase is for blood bonds. After that you can rebuy them for 333 hunt shekels. They'll be naked but always come with 3 random perks.
>>
File: fuuuck.gif (889 KB, 288x287)
889 KB
889 KB GIF
>tfw one boss in the middle of the map so it ends up being a firefight between 4 teams of 3
>>
>Prestige
>Want to level up weapons
>1v2 with the knife instead
i can't help but poosh
>>
Is the discord server actually decent or is it full of people who'll get pissy if I don't play up to their expectations?
>>
>>324205
None of us give a fuck bro.
>>
>>324205
I played with one of the hunt bros, but now that sbmm is a thing, I just play solo with trios enabled when my usual duo isn't online. If you make it out with a token you get at least 1300, usually closer to 1.5
>>
>>324260
I still solo with duos, is trios really as easy as people make it sound? Getting 3rd partied or jumped by campers sucks but I dunno if I can take on 3 idiots at once
>>
>>324263
Playing solo vs. 3s is easier in some ways. You usually don't have to worry about spawning and instantly running into a team, there's less chance of a spontaneous interaction between compounds. Plus your ELO will be lowered so if you're any good at all, you'll be playing against absolute retards.
>>
>>324263
It's definitely easier. I usually look to either take a Martini and third party teams that are already fighting or grab a Rival/Romero and gank people while they clear the boss.
>>
>>318123
im prestige 49 and the knuckle knifes only weakness is dogs"if u cant hit the head" and its hard to 1 tap players. it even does good damage to scrapbeak.
>>
Friendly fire has no purpose in Hunt atm, it only serves toxic players to teamkill. The way the friendly fire is implemented in this game makes little sense: its already reduced so it does not add much to the immersion of the game (when was the last time you ACCIDENTALLY killed your team mate? In my hundreds of hours of hunt it didn't happen even once). Sure, I have stabbed my team mate when attacking the same monster plenty of times, but because team damage is already reduced it hardly did anything, maybe they lost a small health bar once in a while, but does that justifies existence of such game mechanics that is often abused to grief other players? I think in a game with permadeath/gear loss on death and accidental teamkills very rare due to nature of weapons in the game friendly fire should be removed altogether or at least effective measures to prevent abusing this mechanics should be implemented, preferably before game launches, because as the player base grows so does the toxicity and its better to deal with it sooner than later.

I can't believe that majority online only multiplayer games are released without even basic antitoxicity measures despite the fact that devs are almost always forced to implement them later (r6 siege has sorted this out only AFTER 4 YEARS, mordhau still doen't have functional way to deal with teamkilling/griefing although devs said they are working on it). So why repeat the same mistake with Hunt again?
>>
>>323977
That's a knife not a sword dummy
>>
>>320592
Hell yes my akimbo brother, dual pistols is my favorite cqc option.
As for new loadouts I'm trying out, I've been running solo with a Bomb Lance, Nagant Officer, and 3 Flash Bombs.

I suck but when it works and I rush into a building full of scared blind boys its so much fun.
>>
>>324279
I can see your reasoning. I'd say that FF should only apply to throwables as to stop people from just throwing heaps of grenades/dynamite into a building and having their buddies rush in there with impunity from the explosions.
>>
>>324279
I have literally never been team killed in over 1000 hours of playing the game. Some people deserve to be TK'd for expecting teammates to do all the work while they sit back 100m away from you with their mosin sniper.
>>
>shoot at pack of hellhounds in the distance
>a second group behind the trees close to me agro
>7 hellhounds vs 1 solo in an open field
how could this happen to me
i made my mistakes
>>
>Prestige 3 using SBMM with randoms
>Get a 50 and a 2
>50 D/C's in the load-in phase
>2 and I still manage to net a bunch of points, the spider bounty, and escape

Just play the game you big dumb baby
>>
>>324371
Pretty sure the sbmm has nothing to do with the randoms you get. They try to make them close to your prestige but the elo is irrelevant. They have been discussing a change though so that might not be up to date.
>>
File: 1426830696306.gif (377 KB, 465x350)
377 KB
377 KB GIF
>playing like a sniper bitch because I'm bored
>sit in the light house west of Iron Works with a Sparks Sniper
>see a noob crouchwalking through Maw Battery (which was also the boss compound)
>shoot him in the head
>he's out of range for it to kill
At least I had fun shooting out windows and barrels with my suppressed Nagant from the same distance, I imagine they were scared shitless
>>
>>324391
was it a hit or did the bullet despawn after 300m
>>
>>324442
Long ammo has a maximum headshot range of 250m, so if it's between 250 and 300m then you'll still get a hit but not a kill. It's happened to me before, I hit an insane shot with a non-scoped sparks on a guy at the roof of fort carmack from sweetbell and it didn't kill him.
>>
>>324442
It hit him, I got the light headshot squelch effect and he ran
>>
>6 hunters kitted up ready to go
>all 6 have romero
>4 hatchets + dual wield and 2 talon + pistol
is romero the noobtube and I'm the noob? I AM pretty shit at this game, afterall.
>>
>>324658
>dual weild
noob
>reg and pistol
based
>>
File: window surprise.webm (2.85 MB, 960x540)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
Is quickplay better now? I heard it was but I don't know what changed
>>
>>324682
based karabiner bro
>>
>>324682
I always like when people post these short webms of gameplay here, i've got a few clips from nvidia shadowplay, i think i'll figure out how to convert them and share too
>>
File: assassination.webm (2.85 MB, 1280x720)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>324738
i'll post more then, usually i don't because people bitch about them being boring on /v/'s webm threads
>>
>>324740
/v/ is poobrains
>>
File: bayonetier.webm (2.83 MB, 960x540)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>
File: wait a minute.webm (2.85 MB, 960x540)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>
File: Ledouble.webm (2.93 MB, 1280x720)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>324740
Maybe because you keep reposting the same ones. I've seen these multiple times.
>>
I have so many webms I could post but this trash ass website only allows 3mb
>>
File: micah bell.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>324752
yeah but there are plenty of people who don't, i don't post them for you
>>
Godspeed, meleeman. He had a Swift too, but he went balls to the walls.
>>
File: witty filename.webm (2.51 MB, 1600x900)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB WEBM
ok I just figured out how to make these fuckin things. Don't have many good ones on this pc, will try converting the clips on my laptop later this week
>>
>>324762
What's with the fps drop when you scope in? The scope itself is also fucked for like half a second.
>>
>>324764
not really sure, i think it's a problem with the clip, I never have stutters like that when I'm playing
>>
File: pure skill.webm (2.44 MB, 1280x720)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB WEBM
>>324762
this is from same game, looted specter/pax off the broad I killed there.
>>
>>324764
ADS changes all the LOD models so you can properly see what you can and can't shoot at. The FPS drop is from objects popping in.
>>
>>324744
i've been laughing at this clip for the past half hour
>>
>>324273
That's nice but how is it in any way relevant to what I said?
>>
>>324885
i dont understand, i watched the clip and didn't see the funny part i guess
>>
>>317745
sauce? asking for a friend
>>
They teased bow and arrow, that's all.
>>
>>325039
been thinking how they could implement it in a way that coexists with the crossbows. maybe if they make it a medium slot item to fit between the pistol and full size crossbow. fact is, recurve bows have much lower arrow speed than crossbows so damage should be lower, and you can't keep a bow cocked and ready to fire so it's not going to be fast on the draw. maybe if the pull back animation is fairly short so it has a faster overall rate of fire and still in the ~120 damage range to be a threat
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19T_j1CFSQ
>>
I really hope the new event with the new map isn't as grind heavy as the last one.
>>
>>325039
Man I knew if the retards would screech enough they’d get it. What a stupid fucking addition, it’s the 1890s and the industrial revolution is in full swing, no white people, chinks, or niggers are using archery.
>>
>>325146
>no white people, chinks, or niggers are using archery.
Good thing they showed an indian using it then, who were still hunting with bows and arrows into the late 1800s. And there's always the excuse of who knows what the fuck's happening in Hunt's timeline.
>>
>>325146
Wow, it's almost as if it's alternate history
>>
>>325172
>Louisiana is hot and filled with bugs
>Louisiana is filled to the brim with crazy mutant people and people with guns who'll try and kill you
>Louisiana is filled with blood-thirsty dogs and giant leeches
>Louisiana has a population of giant pig people, people covered in bugs, and giant spiders

Doesn't seem too alternate if you ask a Louisianian
>>
>>325146
People still use bows for hunting today, you absolute retard. Although I'm not sure it would be a great addition, to say people weren't using them in the 1890s is wrong.

And you come across as a big faggot.
>>
Hope next event isnt as grindy for us wagiebros
>>
>>325231
seconded. i only reliably have Sunday off and very little free time through the rest of the week. i just barely finished the last event on the very last night of the extension. didn't even feel like playing for a about two weeks after that
>>
>>325172
>>325179
The technology is not, though. All the weapons in the game are period appropriate with the obvious exception of the Avtomat and style of the silencers. All of the “fantasy” stuff like poison ammo or chaos bombs can easily be written off as homemade. An argument can be made for taking a horribly outdated Springfield into Hunt’s universe because it is still a serviceable rifle, there is quite literally no reason to take a bow and arrow over the worst rifle in the game UNLESS you’re an Indian, which 99% of the playable hunters are not if they’re adding an Indian.

I don’t doubt it could be fun, but it just doesn’t fit the atmosphere in the slightest.
>>
Will I get banned if I call enemies niggers over proximity chat?
>>
>>325334
It's will be a matter of time until you're getting b&, a few reports here and there, maybe someone records his gameplay and sends it to Söytek and that's it.

The days of trashtalk are over
https://reclaimthenet.org/intel-introduces-system-to-censor-offensive-video-game-chat-in-realtime/
>>
>>325334
Just roleplay with a thick Southern accent
>>
>>325334
Not unless you do it gratuitously
>>
>>325039
And injun skins, finally.
>>
>>325334
I reported someone for saying it only because he played like a massive faggot and Crytek never got back to me so I assume it's safe.
>>
File: file.jpg (774 KB, 2557x1091)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
>>325146
It is kind of out of place and it'll most likely be a meme weapon that very few people use (like the crossbow) but who cares? It's more variety and stuff to play around with and it's not like a bow is completely anachronistic either.

Anyway, new map looks decidedly less swampy which is a nice change of pace. What do you reckon those buildings in the back are?
>>
>>325547
based hands typed this post
>>
>>325380
This. Just say you were immersing yourself in the setting and that the greater sin is "denying such attitudes existed".
>>
i disagree with people upset about the bow, I'm pretty sure if the setting was real there'd be niggas thinking a bow is perfect because it's silent amd light weight out there stalking around with one. plus, I can believe a poorfag trying to make it big off bounty hunting would come packing a bow and a machete if he couldn't afford a gun. given the period, there were a lot of fuckers who had literal nothing and just got by day to day with what they could scrap together.

and if your biggest complaint is that it's pointless as an item, let me remind you that stupid fucking flashlight exists. and the Derringer exists as a pure meme gun. the game isn't particularly competitive, we can have some less than optimal options floating around.
>>
>>325647
>dissing my boy the derringer like that
ftfy
>>325604
kek
>>
>>325647
I just hope it differentiates itself distinctly from the crossbow. Maybe the bow has a stamina upkeep to keep it drawn, has a slower travel speed and has a much faster fire rate. I said it before but I'd love to see what stats a $200 crossbow would have, as it stands it can't be too good with how cheap it is
>>
>>325231
Yeah, though at this point I'm just playing purely because I like the game rather than the unlockables. Hunters aren't really an incentive for me when compared to gun cosmetics.
>>
>>324759
Love this webm, like something out of a movie.
>>
>>325808
this, I make sure to burn plague doctor players
>>
File: 1425604202425.png (454 KB, 414x499)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
Wtf bros the Centennial sniper is fucking great
>that sweet 600 m/ps for the convenient price of $298
The effective headshot range of 148 meters is kind of a bummer but I've been cracking heads all night
>>
>>323742
Familiarity with the velocity coming from the Winnie.
>>
>>320592
just prestiged so I'm doing some thrift store runs, rocking an axe and whatever 1-2 slot contraband I got with first aid kits and that's it. Axe has been murking duos all day for me. Too much Mordhau, I can't shoot guns at all basically.
>>
>>325872
realistically anything past 150m is verging the point of unless theyre dead still youre gonna aim for com anyway
>>325917
bro guns are just real long ranged spears
>>
>>323330
The only time I legit team killed someone was when he turned on me. We were at davant ranch and some random solo had spawned right next to us and started engaging. He started shooting first so I ran around to help, got the random with the last shot from my lemat. The other guy immediately starts spurging out, no mic but I could tell he was pissed by the way he was moving around, then he shot me twice with his silenced nagants. Apparently he thought I stole his kill or something.

Me and the other guy were confused because we tried to go the next objective but the other guy wouldn't follow. He was setting up traps all around the compound and kept shooting me at a distance, not doing much damage but eventually we went back and he started straight up engaging. I ran around to one side where he was at and started laying into him with the lemat, he almost killed me but I somehow got him first. The other guy didn't even move, he was as confused as I was. Burned his faggot body and moved on, the guy literally sat there until he was almost burned out like I was going to revive him after that.
>>
Do you think the centennial is worth running over the swift + high velocity ammo now that it's cheaper?
>>
>>326297
Nope. It's hip spread with levering is impossibly bad, it can't 1shot someone who's down a small chunk and it's ROF is worse than the Vettereli.
>>
File: file.png (548 KB, 591x551)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
I'M HOONTING
>>
>>326311
Is that Tyler the Creator’s dad?
>>
>>326297
Yes. It has a longer 2 tap body shot/1 tap headshot range and if you put iron repeater on it the ROF is better than the Vetterli's. Levering sucks with it though don't use it
>>
>>326297
only for the sniper variant, though like the spring marks you have to get headshots
>>
>>326311
uuUUUUUOOOOOOHHHGGGG IM GONNA HOOONT
>>
>>326311
Is this the new chad skin?
>>
whats /vm/s "budget" loadout? I often play vandal and romero, but i still love the sparks. saw a vid with quatermaster to take the sparks and a vandal with levering and wondered what you guys have found is quite cost effective?
>>
>>326511
Romero and hand crossbow forever.
>>
File: in the poorfag ghetto.jpg (18 KB, 616x220)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>326511
$34 tube, who wants it?
>>
>>326511
Romero + conversion pistol. $60 huntbux and can wipe ass all day long. for $40 more you can upgrade to nagant officer.
>>
>>326511
The Romero is the ideal poorfag gun, nobody can convince me otherwise.
>>
>>326511
I dunno if it's "cheap", but I often default to a Winfield 1873 (High Velocity optional but obviously no real downsides) and either a Conversion Pistol with Dumdum rounds or a Cavalry Saber.
>>
>>325073
The music has no right being as good as it is.

So it's confirmed that the new map is in New Orleans?
>>
>solo
>roll up to boss banishing
>trade shots with guy inside
>asks if I’m solo in text
>respond with “maybe”
>asks if I wanna come in or just wait outside
>say fuck it and go in because it’s a free hunter
>get our bounties
>solo is camping the nearby extract
>guy says he’ll hold him off if I wanna go to the other extract
>tell him we’ll fight him like men
>kill him
>tell him he can add me
>extract
>he adds me
>[/spoiler]it’s a literal tranny furry[/spoiler]
>>
>>326721
Well, nobody's perfect
>>
>Spawn into match
>Someone else spawns right across the river immediately to my left
>Starts unloading their sparks in a seemingly random directions
>They spawned in front of a caravan so he gets more ammo and continues doing it until I'm mostly sure he's out of ammo
>Can't find him when I look
???
>>
>>326777
how does it feel to be a skyrim npc?
>>326721
kek what did you expect anon
>>
>>326780
Considering I'm the guy that can't hit shit unless it's melee, that makes so much sense. Painful, desu.
>>
Any of the webm bros know why I can't use webm for dummies on recordings I've cropped in shadowplay but it works fine on the uncropped ones?
>>
>>326609
the winnie-c marksman has grown on me lately. i take it + silenced nagant sometimes as a cheap load out and have surprising success with it. it's better if you take high velocity for the marksman though that makes it less budget
>>
>>326688
secret message in the video was "heading north to desalle" and new orleans is pretty far south in Louisiana so I don't think so.
>>
File: _20200510_191813.jpg (22 KB, 200x238)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>trio with randoms
>get into server fight at banishing at alice
>i killed seven fucking people with my martini henry riposte & officer
>bayonet charge last person and trade kills
>one member of our team is only person left alive
>slowly creeps up to compound
>grabs a lantern and walks over to me
>calls me a fucking retard and burns me
>picks up other team mate and they head off to other boss
>mfw I finish burning out and ragequit
>>
>>326967
I'd report them if I were you
>>
>>326967
he sounds fucking based
>>
>>327209
Based on what?
>>
Dennis is actually decent at the game, what the fuck.
>>
>>327319
source
>>
File: 1415430129184.gif (1.49 MB, 300x300)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB GIF
>traditionally a solo player
>matchmaking update makes playing solo great
>the scarce times where I get to play with others games are miserable
I guess it was a monkey's paw
>>
>>327319
who the fuck is dennis
>>
>>327405
Lead dev, he's the non-retarded sounding one on the livestreams.

>>327335
I flicked through the gameplay stream they did yesterday to see if they had any info on the new update and saw that he was basically the only one getting kills and was always last to die.
>>
>solo
>get both bounties
>die to waterdevil at extract
jesus fucking kill me
>>
>>327391
traditionally what region you from eh?
>>
>>327689
It could be worse
>Spawn as a solo
>Find butcher at darrow
>Wipe a duo at the lair
>Start Boss
>A trio shows up
>Wipe them
>Get a small chunk burnt off by butcher
>Pinging red again
>One guy in the loft bridge and one in the crank door tunnel
>Wallbang upstairs guy
>Crank door guy pushed after I tossed a frag his way
>Shoot him and die to my frag
I want to believe that if I wasn't missing a chunk I might have lived but who knows. For a short time my Rival and I were the undisputed kings of Darrow.
>>
>play a few solo games after sbmm goes live
>keep getting matched against clearly new people that don't know what they're doing
>laugh about having easy games
>realize its because my match making level is shit and this is where crytek thinks I belong
>tfw I'm the scrub all along
>>
>>327768
I feel like the whole matchmaking thing is a complete placebo, my games haven't really changed, it's still a mix of god-tier sweats and bumbling retards.
>>
>>326967
I am mature enough to know there is always more than one side to a story. What occurred within your team before the banishing at Alice?
>>
>>327789
I believe him. I once got murdered for literally no reason by a pre-made duo who were queuing trios with randoms. One of them missed like 3 shots on a dog kennel lantern and I jokingly said "nice shot dude" over voip and then they both ganged up and tk'd me while saying "show some respect" in autistic German accents.
>>
>>327789
absolutely nothing. we were bumbling around for clues for a few minutes, killing grunts and dogs. we got shot at and tried to push on the enemy but they just vanished. a few minutes later the banishing started and we were just two compounds over so we headed that way. the only thing I can think of is there was a time or two I was in cover looking around through ADS and this guy would ping two or three times, which I interpreted to means "lets go" since we'd start moving after that. maybe the guy is a schizoid and got upset i wasnt going 'fast enough'?
>>
>>327795
ban g*rman dogs from this game. their autistic fits dont belong here.
>>
>sheriff
actually good players, use solid weapons like uppercut
>phantom
bane of your existence, half of the time will kill you with a dolch headshot through a wall or something equally absurd
>black coat
walks in with two pairs of chainpistols, dies immediately 9/10 times, or wipes squads with a pitchfork
>>
File: d76.png (138 KB, 295x443)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>Playing with randoms, one has a bunch of lines as his name
>Ohboyherewego.jpg
>He's AFK at the start for like 30 seconds, eventually catches up
>We end up pushing up on a banishing team, kill two, with the third still alive in the barn, moving around to different sides of the barn to flank
>NoName Lotsalines runs off and starts a skirmish up with a second team somewhere in the distance without pinging or communicating at all, gets winged, and runs back to the area outside the barn with us to heal and starts bitching over voice about us not doing anything/useless/"just crouching in a corner" etc.
>Suggest he pings to let us know where the other enemies are so we can cover him, which prompts more bitching
>He basically gets headshot right away after running back into his side-battle and D/C's
>Never pinged once
>Tried to add me on steam, I assume to whine some more, and his profile is nothing but hate comments from people saying he's a dickhead or accusing him of using an aimbot
>mfw
>>
>>326967
I've only ever intentionally tk'd someone twice
>playing duo's
>retard partner keeps agroing every enemy on the map and bringing them to me
>catch onto what he's doing and bomb lance him while he's running in circles with a grunt on him in a building
>throw a lantern on him and leave

Second time
>playing trios
>retard partner keeps shooting immolators when me and other partner are hitting them
>second partner eventually loses all his health because of this and dies
>go for extract and start shooting retard partner when he tries to follow me
>retard just crouches in a bush as I'm shooting him and dies
What causes people to play this way?
>>
File: download.jpg (30 KB, 637x358)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>take Mosin Sniper with all stealth perks as a solo
>sit in a watchtower
>near guaranteed kills if I'm positioned correctly
Snipin's a good job, mate.
>>
>>328570
you sound like a faggot
>>
File: 1621990271555.jpg (118 KB, 743x647)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>uppercut pair
>explosive rounds
oh yeah baby
>>
>>328570
Watchtower is too obvious to be a sniper nest. And once you get spotted you've got nowhere to run.
>>
File: file.png (367 KB, 567x298)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
Imagine getting triple killed by this el goblino motherfucker with a mosen
>>
>>328697
you ever been team wiped by a redneck with a pitchfork and tomahawk? boy thats a bad feeling
>>
>>328725
I wouldn't even be mad
>>
File: 1621202211679.gif (354 KB, 240x200)
354 KB
354 KB GIF
>>328570
>>
>>328531
>What causes people to play this way?

A lack of motherly love
>>
>>327795
You can't queue trios with randoms if you're in a duo.
>>
>>328783
You can, I've done it before. You just look for a random trio at the same time and you'll match with eachother and one random fairly frequently. Not sure if you can still do it now with the matchmaking changes but it was definitely possible before.
>>
File: 1619991258929.png (210 KB, 600x300)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
This game isnt so bad with randoms. Its sometimes annoying if people keep leaving in the lobby, but all in all its a nice chaotic mess
>>
>>328888
>chaotic mess
yeah no that describes this match
https://streamable.com/250ztk
>>
>>328888
You have to play different with randoms but it can be quite fun. Also, most are below my elo so I end up with more kills overall
>>
This game is great if you enjoy crawling around a large map at a snail's pace for 15 minutes before dying instantly to a headshot from someone whose idea of fun is sitting in a bush just hoping someone happens to walk by, while the only thing you used out of the hundreds of dollars worth of gear you just bought was your $20 knife.
>>
>>329603
acquire proficiency.
>>
>>329608
not an argument
>>
>>329603
You'll have a better time if you learn to not break the bank on every loadout. Hunt is a game that, thankfully while there are some weapons that allow absolute morons to make up the gap, MOST things are viable if you get good enough with the. I'd also recommend getting your head in a place where you just accept you're gonna die sometimes and not getting too attached to your hunter/gear. Hell, pick up a free hunter and just play with whatever the game gives you. Can be a nice change of pace.
>>
>>329611
lick my dick you homo
>>
>>329603
>crawling
There you have your problem.

It's been hundreds of hours since I got domed by a random bushcamper. Most ambushes happen at places that you would expect and as long as you stay mobile that cowardly sniper won't takes his 100% safe shot.

You wouldn't complain about having to move around in other shooters, why would it be different here?
>>
>>329603
The goal of Hunt is to be quieter but also faster than enemy teams. And in many cases it's better to be fast than quiet. Especially when it comes to avoiding random headshots.
>>
I didn't think clearly in the moment, I should have vaulted out the window and swapped to my dual wield instead of taking the melee trade
>>
>>329713
What the fuck is that aspect ratio. Do you actually play in 4:3?
>>
>>329722
i just put a random size into the webm converter I'm using because i wasnt sure what would look good. since its a long clip i knew it would be low quality and didnt want a big one that would put too much focus on how shit it looks. wouldn't be a problem if hiroshimoot would give us more than 3mb filesize to work with
>>
>>329603
retard, the goal is to move as fast as you can as quiet as you need to. Everytime youve been killed its been your fault even though you obviously cant comprehend the idea of you being in the wrong. Too much noise, shit positioning. Fix those and suddenly you don't get killed.
>hundreds of dollars
bitch use a cheap loadout then, there are 4 cheap weapons that will contend with any other weapon in their respective range; romero, winfield, karabiner and sparks. The officer or pax will give you everything you need in a sidearm. Its not the game, its you.
>>329617
based
>>
>>329724
That still doesn't explain the 4:3 aspect ratio. You can downscale to a 16:9 resolution like 768x432 and get literally the exact same image quality without it looking stretched and wonky.
>>
>>329756
not him but what does it matter
>>
I am calm and collected
>>
>>329775
>this is your brain on meta
>>
>>329603
Romero, Officer, Knife and a Health Pack is like $150. You trash every other loadout in CQC and can recoup your cost just by finding clues
>>
>>329781
I need to play romero more. It's insane for its price, but the reload is just too intimidating.
>>
>>329774
Just giving some tips on how to make better webms. Why have it look wonky when you can make it look normal?
>>
>>329782
My preferred loadout is Rival and Pax, but the Romero really is the king.
>>
File: Snoipah.webm (2.92 MB, 500x368)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>329776
The dolch is ridiculously useful compared to any other pistol and if you don't want me to run it you should stop dropping it when I kill you.
>>
>>329792
>implying I'd ever waste money when the officer does the same job
>implying anyone will take you seriously by posting a martini henry clip
>>
>>329793
It's cute you think I give a fuck about what you take seriously but do indulge and explain what is wrong with the martini henry.
>>
>>329795
>its cute
nice nigger tranny speak. henry has trash muzzle just use a springfield as you still need to hit headshots with a single shot rifle or switch to the sparks
>>
>>329800
Well I wasn't aware I was talking to a distinguished faggot /pol/zoomer such as yourself or I would have adapted my vernacular.

The henry is fine, move out of your parents basement, also SNEED.
>>
>>329807
>given genuine reason to not use
>responds with r*ddit levels of stupid
nicu argumentu desu
>>
>>329735
I'll destroy you 1v1 any day of the week, kiss my ass.
>>
I love autistic crouch battles.
>>
>>329815
you need to be 18+ to post here anon
>>
>>329817
not an argument, little bitch
>>
This is a comfy thread, frens. Please be nice
>>
>>329800
It has better damage than the Springfield, better custom ammo options (explosive) and a faster reload than the Sparks and better variants than any other single shot rifle. The muzzle velocity also isn't THAT much worse. Not a top tier gun but totally usable and fun
>>
>>329818
not an argument to what
>>329822
>better damage
not when youre clicking on heads as you should be
>better custom ammo
springfield has explosive ammo
>faster reload
sprinfield is faster still, but if you have time to reload the henry you have time to reload the sparks
>muzzle velocity
matters a lot beyond close-mid range, why work hard when you can work smart
>fun
finally you're talking sense
>>
>>329819
sorry
>>
>>329829
>matters a lot beyond close-mid range
I didn't slap a goddamn sword on the end of my gun so I could run away from close-mid range fights.
>>
File: 1351792487771.jpg (41 KB, 600x600)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>329809
Ok you fucking retard, here are your arguments.
Henry unlocks before sparks
Long ammo has better damage falloff than medium
Only fucking retards always need to go for optimal builds instead of playing what is fun
and finally
I fuck your mother

Eagerly awaiting your well thought out retort
Regards
Dad
>>
>>329852
>early unlock
yeah like 10 levels
>long ammo
yeah use the sparks dumbass
>garbage nonsense
cope retard you're allowed to be wrong
>>329851
what sword, where? I saw a scope what are you gonna run up and LOOK at them
>>
>>329756
>That still doesn't explain the 4:3 aspect ratio.
i don't even know what that means desu. i wanted to make the file look smaller and thought "idk 800x600 is small right"

what is an aspect ratio
>>
File: Projectile_drop.png (130 KB, 1701x1064)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
I also prefer the martini henry to the sparks. the muzzle velocity is identical to the winfield and I used both a ton before custom ammo update so I have their shot-leading memorized very well. also the martini reloads in 3 seconds compared to 4 seconds for the sparks which can make a difference in some engagements.
>just use the springfield hurr durr durr
and lose all my penetration and damage at distance? nah m8
>>
>>329722
I know they said it was cut down for the webm, but a ton of top fps players use stretched 4:3 or 5:4 . Argument is you trade some peripheral vision for "wider" targets. No clear evidence if this actually better or it its a psychological placebo, but it's popular.
>>
>>329816
Kinda looks like there's a slot machine on your geip
>>
File: a rat in the attic.webm (1.22 MB, 1280x720)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB WEBM
this one is better with the audio. gib audio hiroshimoot
>>
File: phantom niggas.webm (2.86 MB, 1280x720)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
WHERE DID THIS NIGGA COME FROM

I'VE WATCHED THE SOURCE VIDEO SO MANY TIMES AND THERE'S NO VISUAL OR AUDIO CLUES HE JUST MATERIALIZES FROM THIN AIR
>>
>>329990
>nigga
im not watching that you fucking racist
>>
>>329959
Just post to streamable, or catbox.
>>
>>329990
Tan shirt and tan background in the courtyard just makes it really hard to see.
>>
>>329885
Looking at this chart, do you guys think medium ammo is in a good place right now compared to rapid fire compact, wallbanging long, and shotgun slug ammo? For me, they just seem like discount versions of long ammo guns, like the vetterli to the mosin or the springfield to the sparks. Very serviceable guns for the price, but not distinctive.
>>
File: splat splat.webm (2.94 MB, 500x428)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
Why is it so satisfying killing hunters? It's ruined any other game for me. I'm back at 1,51 KD from falling to 1,30 something last event, it will be interesting to see if I've improved at all or if I'll get mogged again when the new map drops.
>>
>>330132
>discount versions of long ammo guns

This is a good place for them to be. The impact of the pricing is off though as many players have no incentive to be moderately frugal. The overall economy needs at least a partial rework before the stats of those guns need to be touched.
>>
>>330229
Because kills have weight, you don’t need the “+100 EXP” thrown in your face with every kill. The fragility of everyone in the game really makes you feel like you survived.
>>
File: image.png (523 KB, 954x605)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
get these despicable faggot chinks off of my server. Every single slant eyed fuck is cheating.
>>
I fucking hate this game
>>
>>330500
why
>>
Hunter or Gunslinger bros, i cant decide which one
>>
>>330760
Hunter. Only people that will tell you otherwise are the autists who treat this like a competitive e-sport and sperg on about how gunslinger is faster by a nano-second.
>>
File: sneaky breeky.webm (1.88 MB, 1280x720)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB WEBM
>>330760
I like hunter better now that I'm used to it. what helped me adjust was putting ADS on a toggle. now I hold right click to pull up crosshairs and tap shift to go ADS until I tap shift again or let go of right click.

gunslinger atm has graphical bugs that will cause your weapon to clip through some walls and give your position away. I've gotten a few free wallbang kills by noticing a barrel poking out of a fence or outhouse. if they fixed that shit though, it would probably be fine and maybe even superior due to the theoretically faster reflex shot time. but even when not glitching it is worse for stealth because your barrel will poke out of windows and around corners when you're trying to be slow and quiet
>>
File: stop that ya cunt.webm (2.54 MB, 1280x720)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB WEBM
>>
It's cool how they changed the sparks animation but the sound doesn't match up. You can still hear the hammer being re-cocked.
>>
>>330791
gunslinger sounded cooler than hunter so thats what I based my choice on and it's what I've been using since
>>
>>330886
the thumb still has the same animation too I believe
>>
>>331033
No, but the hand does awkwardly jerk around like it was going for the hammer but then suddenly shifts downwards. It's kinda hard to explain but it looks off, while more realistic the older animation was a lot smoother.
>>
File: 1620410475160.png (23 KB, 500x500)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>died to a barrel trap today
>>
>>331077
Oh yeah, +1 for my kda while farming on the other side of the map.
>>
>>331044
That might be it yeah, I just knew it looked wonky
>>
File: fire.png (3.02 MB, 2555x1091)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
Do you reckon this is going to be a gameplay feature at all? Knowing crytek's inability to code I thought that it was just some trailer shit, but looking back on it it seems a little weird to throw this in there when it has no significance to the little stories they were telling in the trailer. You also see a hunter light a molotov just before and people have been complaining that molotovs have been completely useless for ages so I guess they might be trying to make them more useful by having them spread through foliage.

Probably just looking too deep into it though, I doubt that they'd be able to create a fire spreading system from scratch.
>>
>>331132
>far cry 2 fire in hunt
please, fuck these cornfields let me fight them one on one like a man
>>
>Randomly matched with an actual child twice
>No concept of splitting off for multiple approaches
>Constantly up my ass when I’m peeping
>Talking over mic when we’re trying to get the drop on an enemy squad
>mfw

I don’t wanna be too hard on him because he’s a kid but kid...why are you even playing this?
>>
>>331132
I doubt it. They won’t even give us actual rain because it’ll supposedly make the engine shit itself, so I doubt we’ll get fire
>>
>>331506
hunt is the new fortnite. prepare for the zoomy invasion.
>>
>>331513
i thought they said it could handle rain but it would make all the other sound design of the game, the core of all it's game play, literally meaningless because all you'll hear is rain and occasionally gun shots
>>
>>331516
That could be it too. I’ve heard both talked about in the community but I didn’t know what the official line was
>>
>>331132
There is a very slight chance that they were already working on a fire mechanic like this but only now got the opportunity to include it because of some random engine update. I'm not holding my breath though as you can't easily distinguish spreadable and non-spreadable vegetation (why should fields be the only plants that spread fire?) and Dennis seems to be big on having such clarity in the game, see recent Concertina logic. The 2% of engagements it's viable creating a smokescreen to cover your escape from long ammo it would be awesome though.
>>
File: 1615182503526.png (226 KB, 400x263)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>330791
i still have a hard time going back to hunter. if you're aware of the clipping issue, i find that the ability to ready your weapon slightly faster in a pinch outweighs whatever benefits hunter might have in regards to melee or fov. i also think not having to hold down the right mouse button when aiming feels more comfortable to me
>>
>>331644
I don't think I've ever been in a fight that was decided by who could start hipfiring a fraction of a second faster. Hunter should aim down sights at the same speed, assuming you move both fingers simultaneously. And at hipfire range, you usually have some idea where the enemy is, so you should already have your gun readied. If they caught you off guard at that distance, you're often better off trying to run for cover and re-engage than stand and fight anyway.
Ultimately it comes down to preference, and if you stay conscious of your gun jutting forward there's nothing wrong with Gunslinger, but I feel like Hunter has the minor advantage even though it might appear otherwise at first. But I totally understand not wanting to hold down M2 forever.
>>
Do you think there are any gun niches that still need to be covered?
I want a 2-slot medium ammo rifle with multiple shots like a sawn off vetterli or stocked pax. I only worry that the mosin obrez makes that niche irrelevant since it's already a lot cheaper than a full size mosin.
>>
>>331910
I personally would like to see another high-end bolt action. As it stands the mosin is the peak of the weapon progression and it would be nice to have some variety. Lebel is kind of that but has just too many negatives to be a legitimate sidegrade.

Also, give us rifle grenades. There was a greybox model for a mortar mosin floating around out there but nothing every came of it.
>>
>>331930
Also, would be cool if we got a small calibre semi-auto rifle. Would be a 3-shot but have a more reliable range than the bornheim and a large magazine. I was thinking a mosin variant with a Pedersen device, which apparently did exist.
>>
>>331910
>sawn off vetterli
lol
>stocked pax
I think it would need to be a full length (3-slot) carbine to differentiate it from the Nagant Precision

>>331930
>high-end bolt action
Literally why? The only differing features of the Mosin and Lebel are capacity and loading method, any other kind of long-ammo bolt action that would fit with the time period would be too similar to the Mosin to justify adding it. You could make arguments for adding enbloc-fed bolt guns, which would require a full ejection of the enbloc to reload and no method for loading individual cartridges, but it’d probably be overpowered with the speed at which their reloaded.
>rifle grenades.
doesn’t fit the time period but honestly it could be interesting, though it would probably be too difficult to code. The Winter War mod for Rising Storm 2 features barrel-attached cups for rifle grenades, but the way Hunt is I don’t see a good way to implement them.

>>331932
>small calibre semi-auto rifle.
Fuck off, not only is that a dumb idea for the time period, Crytek can hardly balance autoloading/semiauto weapons as it is, be happy you have the Nagant Officer Carbine WITH a Deadeye variant.
>a mosin variant with a Pedersen device
not only anachronistic but for what reason? It would either be on par with the Bornheim for balance, which would make it pointless for a 3-slot, or the Dolch where they’d have to make it the most expensive gun in the game, which wouldn’t even matter for people who don’t prestige and have $500k+ banked.
>>
>>331516
I mean that would be the fun part of rain is sound cues would be very different, but could make shotties just to good in that scenario. Depends how they were to do it
>>
File: TC-Contender-scaled.jpg (644 KB, 2560x1713)
644 KB
644 KB JPG
>>331910
I'd like another small long ammo weapon. something like a cutdown pistol grip sparks with a deadeye variant. thompson contender for slight design reference. different action but its not an unheard of concept.
>>
>>332073
>shotgun shitters camping compound
>harass them from distance
>get fucking headshot from 100m by scoped pocket rifle
please no
>>
>>332076
I'd much rather they downgrade the Springfield compact to small and make a medium size single shot long ammo weapon.
>>
File: Lancaster.jpg (134 KB, 1800x874)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>331910
A Lancaster pistol would be cool but I have no idea how it'd be balanced. I'd also love to see some more 2-slot weapons (that aren't shit)
>>
bumpin for a sawn off sparks/2 slot med ammo gun. I think med ammo representation is lacking severely, the springfield variants are shadowed by the use and versatility of the winfieldC variants. Also why does the nagant precision deadeye exist when the springfield vandal deadeye is available? Cheaper perks for the vandal just make it a better version for the same job
>>
>>332219
the nagant precision existed before the vandal was introduced. they do overlap a lot, but there are a few key differences. the nagant can use poison ammo, and the nagant deadeye gets the largest ROF increase from scopesmith perk of any scoped weapon, roughly a 40% increase. the precision/deadeye also has less aim sway than the vandal. it's mostly preference, but most people seem to prefer the vandal for faster reload and longer effective range.
>>
Can both barrels of the Caldwell rival be fired at once or am I crazy? For some reason I thought I saw someone do it
>>
What's the advantage of Hunter over Gunslinger?
>>
Why do my gunshots aggro every AI within a 100m radius but none of the other hunters seem to have this problem? I've even pushed on hunters fighting AI only to have them immediately turn and come to bite me instead.
>>
>>332269
>>330841

better for stealth, gunslinger currently has graphic bugs, and this is minor but if you're clumsy and accidentally click you fire your weapon in gunslinger vs just a light attack in hunter
>>
>>332251
nah. they can be fired extremely close together but not simultaneously
>>
>>332269
oh and gunslinger has a slightly smaller FOV. you can ADS to zoom for two possible FOV changes, where hunter gets 3. weapon lowered, cross hairs, then ADS.
>>
>>332223
> added before
ye been playing since it was on steam
>rof
neat didnt know this one. iirc higher melee damage too on the nagant too bad i dont have it unlocked
>>
>>332185
I think the best way to balance it would be to make it a hybrid of the nagant officer and the dolch and give it a 4+12 capacity
>>
>>332219
>>332223
Nagant Precision is better than Winnie vandal if you have no perks for levering.
>>
>>332459
i think vandal is ass with levering anyway
>>
>>332462
It's not just levering, it has slower rate of fire without iron repeater than Nagant.
>>
>>331910
I'd like a full-sized Vettereli with higher handling and muzzle velocity but that's about it, I think weapons are in a good place
>>
>>332503
I think the centennial dashed those hopes. muzzle velocity is literally the only thing it gets to do better than the vetterli so I doubt they'd take that away from it with a full length vetterli
>>
anyone tried playing on a controller? I've got an irl friend that started playing with us but he's not comfortable with mouse and keyboard so he insists on using a controller. i really cringed about it at first but he actually doesnt do that bad.
>>
>>332692
Seems like any precision weapon would suck absolute dick but you could probably take a shotgun and clear buildings just as well with a controller.
>>
>>332714
yeah he pretty much exclusively plays dual wield/shotgun/fanning/levering so precise aim is never really a factor and he's surprised me many times. the other thing is that he never plays alone, he just bought the game to play with our mutual friend and I, and in teams just having an extra set of eyes & ears, another person helping set traps, another person to get revives off during a fight, another person tossing throwables, etc. are all really impactful, even if they can't make any precision shots
>>
>>332692
Only on trash elos where people potato for two minutes before landing a shot
>>
>>332301
please give tips bros, should I start bring throwing knives to deal with anything lurking around?
>>
>>332301
AI are attracted to sound and will move towards noises, they don't actually aggro on you when you fire, they just move towards the location of the gunshots. If you keep moving around then they shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>332581
this, centenial is the other option though the price is still ridiculous for a high bullet velocity with that low ammo pool
>>
>prestige
>aw shiet here we go again.jpg
>solo
>4 kills and kill and banish butcher
>extract for money and exp not risking shit
remember to thank crytek for solo sbmm and easy experience
>>
>>333180
link related https://streamable.com/7d20v3
>>
>>333180
>>333185
exquisite
>>
>>333185
And this is why you don't rely on fanning with the chain pistol. Unless you're hellbent on fishing for wallbangs.
>>
>>333191
When you don't have a shotgun, chain pistol is close second to a good CQC sidearm. I prefer bornheim though.
>>
>>333195
for me, its the officer nagant
>>
>>333200
I like clip reloading. Saved my neck a couple of times.
>>
>>333195
Regular conversion has much better accuracy for fanning, and if you didn't kill them in the first 6 shots the next 12 probably weren't going to save you. Silenced nagant is also a good option, with its laser accuracy and utility in pve. Lemat isn't bad either, with tight spread and the hail mary shotgun blast. Or pax has a strong punch and good spread. Many just default to chain pistol because they think fanning is pure spray and pray, so why not go with the gun that has the most bullets? Yet it kicks like a mule and can be hard to correct if you start going off course. With all those bullets you feel compelled to hold down the trigger instead of measuring them out. But like I said, I do enjoy fanning with chain pistol to spam through buildings.
>>
>>333185
good clips but if you don't get a hitmarker with the first nade why would you throw a second one in the same spot
>>
>>333218
to burn the body but he had been revived, how the nade didnt hit him though I dont know
>>
When in doubt, just melee.
https://streamable.com/p4zyi0

Yesterday night was some of the wildest matches i had, also the most cheaters i've ever seen online.
>>
With the new community tournament coming, I'm thinking about competing but I'm not really sure what I should be running. I don't wanna be another mosin dotch fag, I wanna show off the real potential of custom ammo and off meta loadouts
>>
>>333371
Romero Hatchet Slugs and Winnie HV
>>
>>333371
Avtomat Spitzer + Mosin Obrez Drum Spitzer
>>
>>333371
>community tournament
What?
>>
>>333436
The second Bayou Bowl, it's a community run tournament where you get points killing players and banishing bosses. It's managed by a few of the hunt showdown streamers.

https://youtu.be/nhsXk4GK078
>>
GENIUS IDEA FOR A NEW TRAIT. NED KELLY BODY ARMOR CAN BE YOURS FOR ONLY 10 (TEN) UPGRADE POINTS!

>SLOWS YOU DOWN IMMENSELY
>VERY VERY LOUD
>FIELD OF VIEW LIMITED GREATLY
>CAN ONLY BRING A PRIMARY
>CAN'T CROUCH
>CAN ONLY DEFLECT 3 (THREE) SMALL CALIBER BULLETS
>EVERY ONE OF THESE THREE BULLETS THAT HITS YOU WILL KNOCK YOU DOWN (LIKE THE SPIDER POUNCE DOES)

CRYTEK IS ALREADY CALLING ME FOR A JOB POSITION
>>
>>333536
Pretty sure that's for streamers only. I remember looking at the signup a while ago and it asked for your TTV channel.
>>
>>333371
sparks and winnie vandal/deadeye with hv
>>
>>333371
Crossbow and camp a map corner, like that one Prestige 45 chink i saw the other night
>>
Part of a PCGamer article on Hunt that went up today.
>Is it possible to get trenchfoot in Hunt: Showdown? To be honest, none of my characters have lived long enough to find out. But it can’t hurt for them to hit dry land once in a while, if only to bail out their boots. That’s why it’s exciting to see the game’s next map, where the soil is apparently solid enough to carry a whole train without losing it to the quagmire. Sure, bushfires might burn half your health bars away, leaving you vulnerable to one-shots from zombies. But hey: look at the choo choo.
So for the new map, much less water, burnable brush, and working trains?
>>
i put together all my shadowplay clips and put it on yt so i could show them to some irl friends, might as well shill it here too right? some of these i already posted here as webms but audio makes everything better
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsfeoEttPc&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>333765
>Is it possible to get trenchfoot in Hunt: Showdown? To be honest, none of my characters have lived long enough to find out. But it can’t hurt for them to hit dry land once in a while, if only to bail out their boots. That’s why it’s exciting to see the game’s next map, where the soil is apparently solid enough to carry a whole train without losing it to the quagmire. Sure, bushfires might burn half your health bars away, leaving you vulnerable to one-shots from zombies. But hey: look at the choo choo.

Jesus christ this journofag.
>>
>>333766
Hunt Showdown is art
>>
>>333766
>ur poison
kek
>>
>>333371
Mosin Obrez + handcannon of your choice with flechette
Tap once with long ammo, finish with long range bleed
>>
retard question is effective range the max one hit headshot range?
>>
>>334024
Yes
>>
>>334024
Yeah, it's a misleading stat, most guns start dealing minimal damage well before their "effective" range.
>>
>>333557
kek, would run with romero and just be the fully un-semi-automatic kill bot
>>
where the fuck do you even aim with the crossbow? The iron sight is the most useless suggestion of where something is going to go that I have ever seen. I'd rather have the Nitro's.
>>
>>334328
Asking the real questions here
>>
File: Right in the mouth.webm (2.3 MB, 1280x720)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB WEBM
>>334328
Just click head.
>>
>>334399
What do I click it with
I've been more accurate with hipfire at long ranges than irons with it
>>
Do I have the worst luck of any human ever?
So far my prestige legendaries are as follows

Springfield marksman
Nagant prescision
machete
hand crossbow
and finally today I managed to snag the legendary spyglass
>>
>>334328
for most ranges you just draw the lines for the sides and the upper part, its essentially the center of the three prongs. Another thing is always aim high over low because 80% of the time you end up hitting the arms if you are too low and deal like 70 instead of instakill
>>
>>334571
>springfield marksman bad
ftfy, unlucky about the rest lmao. iirc my legendaries so far have been lebel marksman, mosin bayonet and I cant remember what the first one was
>>
>>334571
Why would you prestige? Almost all the skins in this game are garbo and the ones I did like I bought. Now I've stockpiled so much money that I can bring as many frag bombs as I want, whenever I want
>>
>>334603
Prestiging forces you to try a variety of weapons, both because you have few to work with at first and because you have to spend all your money by the end. Since they go by quick, you can spend each prestige trying out different weapon lines, and it helps that they reduced the XP costs recently. I've also gotten a better idea of how to budget myself each time. And most of the skins look pretty cool in my opinion. They strike a good balance between fancy but not distractingly so. I can't imagine using the basic taped together nagant officer carbine over the cordwainer again.
There's zero point in prestiging past 11. But if you don't plan on prestiging at all, you should still prestige once for the XP boost. Otherwise you're missing out on more cash in the long term. Some people are worried that prestige fucks up your matchmaking but I haven't noticed much of a difference, and the devs said reaching rank 100 prestige 0 has the same effect.
>>
>>334615
I would've thought that prestiging would limit the weapons you use precisely because of how few you have to work with at first. I've prestiged once and I remember it taking ages to unlock weapons and tools and I'm still lacking the Dolch precision. If your sole aim is to prestige then you burn through ranks trying to get to the next prestige and disregard unlocking variants/tools. If you're prestiging AND trying to unlock weapons it'll take ages and that's the point I decided to just use bloodbonds to buy the the skins I wanted. As I am now I have access to (almost) every weapon and what makes me diversify is getting bored of one weapon. I'm also a total cheapskate who takes free hunters with the bare minimum equipment while sitting on 30,000+ huntbux. The only thing that could possibly motivate me to prestige past the first one is the Derringer skin, but that's so far away and I'm a lazy fuck.
>>
>>334328
Crossbow irons are perfectly serviceable in it's intended range, it isn't a sniper rifle
>>
>walk in with free hunter with romero
>buy first aid kit and small vita
>walk out with bounty a lebel talon with spitzer and 1000 hunt dollars
imagine buying weapons
>>
easy way to kill assassin? i remember some anon saying something about a vita shot a while ago but had no idea what he meant
>>
>>334808
He probably meant a stamina shot, you use one of them then use an axe/hammer to smack him around
>>
>>334826
can he be stun locked?
>>
>>334867
If two players are on him, easily. if you're doing it by yourself, it's iffy. sometimes he'll just suddenly break out and scuttle away and sometimes you'll keep him locked down and do 75% of his hp in one go. it's strange. just make sure you hit him in the chest.
>>
>lvl 49 hunter
>lose connection
>lose hunter
that is my experience.
also having pussy teammates and redditors
>>
why does windows video editor have the sickest tracks? https://streamable.com/cmdjch
>>
>Romero Man
>always end up in open-field long range gunfights and die
>Winnie Man
>always end up in melee-range compound cock-ruboffs and die
why.
>>
>>335419
I know the feeling, the way I remedied it was to always bring either a melee rifle variant or the LeMat for it's alt fire shotgun. That thing saved me from more melee rushes than I can count.
>>
>>335423
I'm still in process of discovering the game.
My tools and consumables are usually
>Knife (Tanto, because i liked it)
>Medkit
>Firebomb
>Dynamite

I largely gravitate to 3-slot Shotguns like Romero77 and the other one, what was it, the Caldwell one that has 2-shots.
I'm not confident about the sidearms, i often take Nagant Silencer but i'm just so bad at aiming and spotting enemies.
The few times i tried to shoot guys on distance, it's either a miss or a bodyshot, regardless of how well i line it up to hit the head.
So yeah, i guess i'm looking for a competent sidearm option that also isn't expensive but can serve at long-distance shootouts.
Caldwell Conversion isn't it, neither is the Nagant Silencer (and regular).
>>
>>335436
For tools you generally want to bring chokebombs, they're a great area denial tool on top of being able to extinguish burning allies.

As for consumables, dynamites are generally useless as a means of getting kills, they're more of a utility. If you want an offensive grenade go for the frag bomb. Molotovs are generally also a wasted slot as their main use is burning dead hunters and in 90% of situations you can just find a lantern on the map. My tools/consumables generally look like this:
>knife
>medkit
>knuckle dusters
>chokebomb
>fragbomb
>dynamite bundle
>2x large vit shots
>>
>>335445
I'm looking to work with a tight budged, all these tools are of no use to me because i die before i get to use them frequently.
I'll look at getting choke bombs, but i think they are still locked for me.

Got any sidearms recommendations, pardner?
>>
>>335449
caldwell pax is a budget uppercut. if you want the real deal, you'll have to take the caldwell conversion every game and grind it until you've unlocked the uppercut.
>>
>>335436
>>335445
my typical load out is knife, medkit, choke bombs, and the 4th slot changes. usually concertina trip wire but sometimes flare gun or decoy fuses. for consumables, i always take a vitality shot but the other 3 are flexible.
>>
>>335436
r-region?
>>
>>335449
It's very easy to accumulate Paxs and Officers from free hunters, I'd suggest those two. Once you have perks, fanning on the Conversion with FMJ is great
>>
to whom it may concern pt.1
>primaries
springfield marksman serves as a great budget sniper
sparks can compete at range with other long ammo guns, even if you dont hit headshots you are taxing them of their heals. 5 body shots over the course of a fight leaves them with no heals so the next 2 are guarenteed to kill, following up with a shot from your pistol after a hit is a good confirm.
winfield is a good rifle, make sure you get iron repeater and levering and aim for the head. outside of 40m youll start to struggle but within that range its a force to be reckoned with.
vetterli karabiner is another good rifle for engagements up to around 100m, better penetration and damage drop than the winfield, good rof for a bolt action that in close range can out dps a mosin given that rof.
romero will get you kills assuming you have good positioning and timing. it has good range and is reliable assuming you aim at the upper torso/head.
>secondaries
officer nagant is busted for its price, 2 taps in cqc and high rof with 7 rounds mean its capable of taking down a trio with one shot spare.
pax is your pocket rifle that can compete and mid range and should be taken to compliment a shotgun.
silenced nagant is a tool not a weapon dont bother taking anything from the nagant tree the rof and damage fall off at mid range is outclassed by the pax and officer.
conversion with fmj is good for those fights with a lot of cover and can be used instead of the pax though you trade in the damage drop off for increased penetration.
>2 slot weapons
taking a sawn off romero with a winfield vandal nets good results in close to mid range but dont bother contesting outside of that, use positioning to get into your effective range and you should have a good time.
>tools
always bring a knife. unless your weapon has a bayonet then dont bring dusters. the pvp potential of the knife outclasses the dusters, and the butt of your primary can deal with immolators
always bring a medkit, nuff said
>>
>>335639
to whom it may concer pt.2
the last 2 slots in tools are for pve and pvp. i usually take one tool for each. pve tools consist of items like fusees, flare guns and the derringer. these items are helpful for barbed armoures and hives. the flare gun covers both mobs but the derringer gets more uses (12 witches, dogs etc) and is as quiet as the flare gun.
pvp tools consist of trip mines and choke bombs. choke bombs are good for denying aoe, putting out burning team mates and they can also finish off an opponent hit by a sparks shot (ive yet to pull this off though) alert trip mines can be set next to barrels to kill unsuspecting hunters or simply used as a sound trap to avoid getting flanked. concertina and poison trip mines are best used for area denial on flanks. in a team its a good idea to coordinate having choke bombs and tripmines. if on a tight budget, only bring the knife and medkit.
>consumables
always bring a vita shot. standard practice is take 2 but never go without any. theyre best used in a tight pinch where you don't have time to bandage. small heals 75 and large heals 150(?) if youre smart with your health bar distribution you can get 100 out of a small vita shot.
next 2(3) slots are entirely up to your role/playstyle. explosives are self explanatory, use them for area denial, pressure or finishing off opponents. for the later make sure to aim where theyll be, not where they are. firebombs, poison bombs, hive jars and concertina bombs all deny area each with a different status effect, with firebombs also used for putting pressure on an enemy team by burning their downed hunters. flash bombs initiate and disrupt fights. stamina and poison syringes are useful but i find them to be not as useful for a team. sticky bombs are boss killing machimes. taking a stam shot and a sticky bomb is my go to boss killing loadout, usually with a bayonet weapon (especially useful against scrapbeak)
on a tight budget only take the vita shot(s)
>>
>banishment finished
>2 teams inside fighting
>be me solo
>run in and grab bounty then run out
>one notices and chases after me
>kill him
>extract
ez
>>
>>335639
>>335644
Could you format this better?
>>
>>335773
I can format deez nuts against ur face
>>
the number of people who think they can just...sit, and wait, and win a fight that way, astonishes me.

>3v2
>chasing the 2 with the bounty
>not far behind
>manage to tap one in the head at a clearing
the other drops one of my random teammates
>2v1, know exactly where the guy is, start to push
>double lemats, still manage to fuck up and not down him
>meanwhile other random teammate is just sitting back holding an angle by a dirt wall
>not even an angle that can see where the guy is
>just sits there, lets the guy drop me and go pick up his buddy
>predictably dies when they push him 2v1
>>
>>335773
no just read, sneed
>>
>>335815
>dual weilding
you deserved it
>>
>>335839
What's wrong with dual wielding?
>>
>>335848
spam rng garbo, atleast fanning has spread patterns and levering can be accurate by flicking center between shots
>>
>>335873
Cry us a river, dual wielding is good
>>
>>335088
It's either
>Kill 2 and hit 3rd, do a risky push to finish it and get punished, both teammates are sitting in bushes 50m away aiming at my corpse while the other team resses and heals up
or
>Reach banishing compound, both teammates try to just walk in with a minute apart and eat shit
I've done enough dumb shit and bad plays to not get as mad anymore though.
>>
>>335873
>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST RUN UP AND SHOOT FAST YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CAMP AND GO FOR LE EPIC MOSIN KILLS
>>
I am so incredibly starved for hunt content, absolutely autistically obsessed.
Tell me about your favorite guns, your comfort picks or favorite aesthetically.
>Martini Henry Riposte
Relatively fast reload, long ammo penetration and it'll drop anyone who's missing a small chunk from a respectable distance. Also has an entire cavalry saber bolted to the end.
>Caldwell Rival
Fast follow up shots, dropping a duo with 1 barrel each without reloading still makes my hands shake. Alison is a gorgeous skin and slugs are also fun.
>Pax
Good penetration and damage, feels like it lacks consistency though. I often get a limb hit and need to take a third shot to kill, where the officer probably also would have 3tapped in a much shorter time. I think the Pax could use a little less falloff.
>Terminus
Rule of Cool shotgun, having 7 slugs on tap with Levering and Iron Repeater is amazing
>Crossbow
I struggle with consistency, but man is it really fun
>>
>>335977
>I am so incredibly starved for hunt content
Don't worry, update soon™. We'll probably get the new event the week after next and it seems like the new map will follow soon. Most likely they're going to do another community unlock goal like they did for the boss.
>>
>>335977
>Winfield Swift + Levering + Silenced Nagant
Endless bullets to work with, very effective from close to medium range, and even at longer distances few people are composed enough to think "it's just a winnie" when you're pumping shot after shot at them while pushing closer. Nagant just exists as a pve tool and bullet repository, but it does make matches with this loadout significantly comfier.
>Martini Henry Riposte + Explosive Ammo
All the things you listed but it makes clearing compounds better, able to blast off doors or shoot campers around corners.
>Vetterli Bayonet + Iron Sharpshooter
Hits plenty hard even up to 100 meters, at close range it'll hurt like long ammo, and you'll notice the firing speed upgrade from IS. The bayonet isn't quite as handy as the Martini Henry's, but still wins you plenty of knife fights. The Vetterli is a workhorse of a gun, reliable in almost all situations.

I find myself going back to these 3 a lot for 3 reasons: I prestige and they unlock early. They're all on the cheap end too, and still effective if you don't have the extra addons or perks. But but here's the big trick: they all have similar bullet velocity. You can reliably jump from one to the other without having to worry about adjusting your aim, and each of them is giving you practice for the others.
>>
Why in the world are randoms so retarded?
This game has to be one of the most frustrating multiplayer games I've played
>>
>>335894
>>335873
dual weilding is bad in that it rewards bad habits. hip fire is inaccurate and is used as a hail mary moment of panic so why would anyone actively use it?
>>
>>336255
Akimbo guns have their own effective range where rng is negligent. Same goes to hip firing. If you're using hip fire only when you're panicking then it's your problem.
>>
>>336271
>effective range where rng is neglegent
what 5m away damn you showed me *quickscopes u from 500m away* heh nothin personnel
>>
>>336255
Nah, dual wielding is deceptively accurate. "ADS" with dual pistols has about the same spread as a mosin does while crouching, which is to say you can pretty accurately hit shots up to like 30 metres. This is only with the accurate pistols like the conversions and the pax, it's a lot worse with dual officers or dolches.
>>
I miss the kino menu music bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSHqj682Hvc
>>
>>336413
I hope they use the track from this trailer for the next event, it's even more kino than the lullaby.

https://youtu.be/S19T_j1CFSQ

why is the music in this game just randomly god-tier?
>>
>>335639
What about Marksman Winnie?
I calibrated my mouse sensitivities today (and cleared the first sniper trial with 3 stars on Stillwater Bayou), but i don't like Springfield because it's 1 shot then reload.
And everything else is way too expensive, so that's off the table.
What do you think about Marksman Winnie?
>>
>>336425
>why is the music in this game just randomly god-tier?
Apparently Port Sulfur Band is made up of random employees around Crytek too. The lead singer is the game's writer, and the band is even meant to exist in the lore.
>>
Why are there basically no legendary skins for the base full capacity Winfield? Even the C has one, but beyond that only the variants have skins
>>
>>336454
Just hit prestige 50 bro
I'm still 10 levels away
>>
>>336457
I’m only at 4 at the moment. I’ve been taking the random skin option every time I prestige instead of the xp modifier
>>
>>336441
>marksman winnie
compact ammo is not for sniping the damage drop off is too harsh. springfield has a 2 second reload which is the same time a lebel takes to cycle a round
>>
>>336441
marksman winnie with HV and marksmen scopesmith it kind of a headshot machine, but there are better guns to fill that niche.
>>
>>335988
Please describe your frustrations more explicitly.
For me randoms became enjoyable once I got a feel on how to read my mates' levels of aggressiveness. One starting point are their loadouts:
>Sparks and Uppercut: won't ever push or combat revive, will always keep their distance. Completely ignore them or adjust to their playstyle.
>Mosin without Iron Sharpshooter: timid virgin, extracts after 2nd clue because someone triggered crows and they had to use a single med kit charge already. Never combat revives, even if they have Necromancer, don't wanna lose that small bar
>Vetterli with iron sharpshooter: semi-budget mate that will actually push in a 3v1. Stays outside of the boss lair when banishing to avoid stupid nades
>Any shotgun: 20/80 chance for either being a push-god or just hiding and letting the enemy team revive, going from a 1v1 to a 1v3
>Baptismal Blood on Night Acolyte / Altar boy on Reverend / triple Pistol on Llorona's heir / Dragon Breath Spectre: veteran that doesn't care about money. Knows effective ranges, how and when to knife people. Follow them directly after banish to wipe the server
>HV Winfield / Officer Carbine: not even close to being the headshot god they think they are. Will make pressure for 5 seconds but can't follow up cause they whiffed and need to reload. Don't play shotgun here, switch to mid-range spam so you can be in the same range as them and give them an opporrunity to reload
>Crossbow: will always miss, but at least they are in range for throwing frags. Play conservatively once they are out of nades
>Obrez Drum with Iron Sharpshooter and without Bulletgrubber: Has a plan (even if you have no clue what it is). Best suppressive fire on mid range so be prepared to puuuuush that 3v2. Will never walk into their own hive bomb but you will.
>>
>>335988
>>336596
Hope this helps, most of my frustrations with randoms came from expecting all of them to fight. I don't care about losing my loadouts but seeing my mates get outnumbered because they wouldn't prevent revives or revive themselves made me mad. Once I accepted that with randoms fights are shorter and more cruel, I had a good time.
>>
>>335977
>Winfield Vandal + Romero/Rival handcannon
One of my favorite short-medium range builds. I'm a sucker for the winny and being able to carry a shotgun for when levering isn't enough feels like a great utility
>Mosin Obrez + Spector Compact with Flechette
Touch with long ammo, fire flechette in their general direction for the guaranteed finish (assuming they don't find cover really quick)
>Terminus with levering + Conversion Chain with fanning
Nothing like catching someone off guard and filling their bodies with lead faster than they ever expect
>tools
I usually just run knife-med kit-chokes-concertina wire
>consumables
Vitality shot as usual, and if I'm not running a stamina shot or a sticky for the boss, I like taking a frag, a flash and a hive bomb. I typically use bees to either push or to try to hold up an enemy push
>>
>>336648
Wouldn't it be better to apply bleed first and then shoot with mosin that can penetrate the cover?
>>
>>336667
typically if you can manage to tap someone with a mosin shot they are either in the process of trying to return fire, or they'll panic and not know what to do
It just comes down to how fast you can switch weapons, but it usually works out for me
>>
Dev stream either this week or next, hope it's this week because I've been avoiding playing hunt to not get burnt out grinding the event.
>>
>>336894
Solar eclipse on June 10, new time of day reveal and start of the event?
>>
>>336995
>new time of day
I doubt it, they've said nothing about it and the big feature is the new map. It's still on the roadmap though so I wonder what it could be. Outside of rain (which they said they're probably not doing because it requires too much audio work) I can't really think of anything else that they could do. I would personally like a moonless night map that is completely pitch black but of course we're not getting that because the community don't like fun.
>>
>>336999
They just teased a new time of day in their last dev play
>>
>>337012
Got a timestamp? I skimmed through it a bit to see if they teased anything but didn't see it.
>>
So, somehow after coming out ahead from what seemed like the entire server convening at the cornfield next to first compounds and fighting some weirdo nigger in Spooder's House, can somebody explain to me how the fuck did my character decide to stop sprinting when i was running up a woodden ramp and prepping a melee swing with the mosin-nagant bayonette?
(I stole the mosin ofc.)
>>
>>337021
I can't listen right now, but just off of my visual memory, I think it was sometime around 1hr 19m-ish. It was Bence that said it
>>
i have also taken a break from hunt so i can feel fresh for the event
>>
how the fuck are there high prestige players still scared of losing their character? How do you play for so long to to get to double digit prestige, and still decide, oh yeah, I'm level 91, gonna prestige again within the hour, i gotta protect my loadout!
>>
>>335987
Why the fuck is iron sharpshooter such a late unlock? By the time you get it you can start using the lebel - the vetterli never really gets any time to shine.
>>
>>336441
The marksman Winnie is generally underrated but that's mostly due to many players preferring iron sights at that range. The Springfield marksman is not even in the same category, it's a top tier sniper - fast reload, great handling, decent velocity and great headshot range, all while being super cheap.
>>
>>336457
>Prestigelets everywhere.
I've been wondering, what's your prestige bayou bros? Mine's 75
>>
>>335987
>Romero hatchet and Springfield vandal.
Cheap as hell and I enjoy plinking with the Springfield while moving forward into shotgun range.
>Sawn off rival flechettes and Sawn off Romero with slugs
A fun gimmick loadout with surprising versatility. Pepper someone with the rival and while they are bandaging, blow a hole through them with the Romero.
>Vetterli and nagant officer brawler
Decent medium range gun and a nice pistol for more close range encounters.
>dual Caldwell conversion and axe
After getting a lot of free hunters with cad conversions I devised this loadout. Strategy is simple, only go for close range engagements, if they have a shotgun, use dualies to shoot outside their effective range. If they have anything else, either hide and axe them later or run screaming towards them and hope they miss.

As you can probably tell, I am a shameless shotgunfag and can’t be trusted to hit anything outside 15 meters.
>>
>>337400
t-three
>>
>>337400
I just prestiged up to 2 last night. I'm coming for you, old man
>>
>>337400
Prestige 0, I don't wanna re-unlock everything, especially now that custom ammo is a thing.
>>
>>337400
3 but I played at prestige 0 lvl100 for like a year before I said fuck it
>>
File: 20210601004643_1.jpg (82 KB, 1249x702)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>317395
Hunt sure has some weird bugs. Was playing with a friend a while back and this happened to him. Most of the buildings were invisible and he was calling out hunter locations for me. Weird shit.
>>
File: 20210601005439_1.jpg (128 KB, 1249x702)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>337532
>>
>>337532
Only major bug that I've ever seen was an invisible dude who wiped my team. I still managed to get him with a shotgun somehow because the shadow from his weapon was still rendering for me.
>>
>>337532
that happened to my friend too, but only for one game after which his client crashed and we could never repeat the bug. a lot of the game just didnt load in for him and he could see another team standing at their spawn. we weren't really able to play and use it to advantage though because he couldn't see trees or fences and just kept running into shit and couldn't follow us
>>
File: faggot.jpg (28 KB, 572x536)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>I dont want have to re-unlock everything why would I prestige
>>
>>337718
>doesn't prestige
>has over 100k dollars
>still takes free hunters
>doesn't take chokebombs, knife and medkit only
>only consumables are 2 weak vit shots
>doesn't buy expensive guns
>hoards dolches on every single hunter slot
>first to loot every dead hunter even though they didn't do anything in the fight
>immediately swaps out his romero/conversion for whatever the most expensive guns the dead guys had

I know a couple of people who play like this. I've ghosted them when it comes to Hunt, tired of carrying their dog asses.
>>
>>337718
If you don't care about cosmetics there's no reason to prestige, is there? I don't see what the point is otherwise, especially if you enjoy using items that are late unlocks.
>>
>>337739
It's just something to do. Once you have a grasp on the game and can at least trade every fight it's nice to have a slight incentive to try out new loadouts. Less unlocks and less money moves you around a bit in your comfort zone. Also: number go up.

Since there's no endgame they also added the events with their simple but still refreshing mini objectives. Until we get visible absolute (not relative to the opponents in the match) ELO numbers, growing your KDA ratio and prestige number is the only long-term goal you have in this game. Luckily the average rounds are so exciting that this is all you need to satisfy players with less than 500 hours.

If player numbers explode and the game gets further long-term support we hopefully get some money sinks (remember when the game was supposed to have a gambling sub-theme?) and randomized unlock trees / gun game mechanics for veterans.
>>
>>337739
It's in the name.
>>
>>337763
They could just add a little poker game that you can play in a waiting hall or something. Easy to implement and something to do between games. Fitting too
>>
File: 1529105543929.jpg (37 KB, 350x383)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>337718
>Have to suffer through the shitty hand crossbow to actually get the normal one
>Forced to unlock ammo variants before you get to the gun variant you want
>Have to wait until level 35~ until you get the actually good traits
But at least number went higher
>>
>>337816
>he can't wipe servers with a romero/nagant and 2 weak vit shots
>he sleeps on the hand crossbow
NGMI
>>
>>337816
>Have to suffer through the shitty hand crossbow
It's a pocket shotgun that trades wallbangs for obliterating AI. Compliments plenty of rifles you get early on.
>>
>>337032
Were you mid ramp when it happened or did you just get on it at an angle? I've been completely stopped by what i swear was just 6 inches of elevation from the ground to some steps before
>>
>>337739
to challenge yourself, early game guns rely on good fundies and every prestige I finish off better than the last
>>337816
>suffering
ngmi, hand crossbow is sick, plus the starter weapons are competitively viable at each respective range, only "struggle" is the nagant but you get pax, hand crossbow and officer by lvl12
>>337735
I'll up you one
>brings silenced nagants, silencedwinfields and crossbows for epic stealth
>brings decoys and chaos bomb for deception
>bring tripwires to make traps (this consists of him spending 10 minutes at the first compound putting down bear traps and tripwires where no one else will go
>always dies first in the fight
>never uses all his utility
>continues to buy more every game
>>337831
>romero nagant
this just land a kill with the romero and boom instant weapon upgrade. gearfags panic in cqc at boss lairs so its easy lebels, crowns and mosins

unrelated
>lvl1 hunter with romero/springfield/winfeild
>win a solo game
>hunter lvl16 with perks and better gear
>dies at first compound
Im slowly getting better at playing like my higher level hunters are expendable and Im dying less, I guess I just play too cautious to the point of self detriment? does /vm/ struggle with this?
>>
>>337735
What if I'm just cheap and like the Romero, Vetterli, and Winfield.
>>
>random game
>find the boss, kill/banish
>run into 0 players
>I say "lets go for the other bounty"
>randoms book it towards extract

I can't comprehend why some people play this game. Like if we've had at least one fight then I kinda get it but cmon.
>>
>>337836
I think i was running up the ramp, so should've been about mid when i started swinging
>>
>middle of nowhere
>make no gun sound
>leagues into the wheatfield
>get ambushed by mandingo tribe with just 2h axes
>wipe them
why the fuck were you niggers even sitting there?
nobody else was on that side of the map you fags fuck you go back to main menu thanks for the kills
>>
>>337925
No idea on that one then. Such is life in the bayou
>>
>>337897
>what if I'm cheap
pre sure thats the problem jew boy. nothing wrong with having preferred weapons, I prefer the sparks over mosins and lebels as ive spent the most time playing it, but having spare slots on your toolbar is just putting yourself at a disadvantage
>>
>>337984
Oh, I always fill up on consumables and tool slots, I just use cheap guns because I feel like I squander the high tier ones with my skill. I thought you were talking about not going sweaty with high tier weapons every match.
>>
>>338092
wasnt my post but my understanding was that weapons are balanced with costs and when cost is removed there are clearly winners in comparison but there are players who play like theyre broke and even grabbing a mid tier gun is a stretch on the budget
>>
>>338092
That's just gear fear. You won't get the skill to use a weapon if you don't use it.
>>
>run a compact deadeye
>the sway is worser than that one time i tried to go up the stairs while drunk into oblivion
>actually manage to snipe a nigger
wow that felt almost as good as nutting
>>
>>338092
>I just use cheap guns because I feel like I squander the high tier ones with my skill
soon you'll become what I've been doing before I said fuck it and prestiged for the first time
>100k dollars
>10k bonds
all because ''I didnt want to go bankrupt''
spend the money, learn the game
>>
No announcements or teasers for over a week, I reckon they're gonna announce the new update on friday.
>>
File: E3c8-XGXwAYevhe.jpg (656 KB, 1200x675)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
>>338330
Just dropped an hour ago
>>
>>338360
Probably next week then, as far as I know their target is still Q2. I hate how they give us news about updates the day before they drop, at least give us like a weeks notice or something.

Anyway, that's a neat looking compound, I wonder if we'll have a significant underground mine section. I hope it's more than just a boss lair, would be cool if it acted as a shortcut between compounds.
>>
>>338409
>massive tunnel that spans compounds
I can already see people camping the entrances.
>>
>>338325
Same happened to me, kept using all the cheap shit never going below 50k

Better to use it all or prestige
>>
File: weird-guy-with-guns.jpg (24 KB, 445x345)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
For those struggling to get kills,
Deadeye Veterlli with that Deadeye Scopesmith perk will make it easy.
I promise.
Pair with dual Pax to push into buildings and wipe teams
>>
>>318123
Brainlet take. Machetes are S tier melee
>>
File: Broken.png (239 KB, 385x563)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>320201
>$50 gun
Think again, long ammo wagie. This is the best loadout in Hunt. I am so fucking rich from running only this.
>>
>>322281
Get packmule faggot
>>
>>323330
>Teamkill retarded teammates who do nothing but stay 100ft behind you at all points during a game
I'm thinking based. I only play duos but partners who do this are useless. Not that I would just teamkill them, but if they start calling me dumb for asking them what the fuck they're doing, they're just braindead.
>>
C&K Slugs is fucking disgusting and I kind of like it
>>
>>338755
Takes up a weapon slot with no significant damage increase over the knives. Feel free to motivate why you think it's superior to any other option.
>>
>>338738
I love this but prefer fanning over akimbo
>>
I threw a sticky and a waxed dynamite at a concertina and it did absolutely nothing, how the fuck are you supposed to get rid of it?
>>
>>339225
I don't know if sticky bombs do much to concertina, but on rare occasions they bug out after taking damage and aren't real, letting you walk right through them. Walking through them is also another way to clear them quick and painfully.
>>
>trios
>walk to first location
>die to other trio that just got there
>2nd friend also drops the moment i press Spectate
>last friend, the absolute legend, takes all 3 of them
the absolute madlad
>>
>>339266
ur welcome
>>
>>339266
did ya suck his dingy
>>
File: MYSTERY NIGGAS.png (241 KB, 345x366)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
Is this a good game for being a piece of shit sniper? I don't care about winning, just making other people lose in sniper duels
>>
>>339645
One quarter of the time, you'll be stuck in fog maps where you are forced into Silent Hill 1 mode and can't really snipe. Night maps are bad but not unplayable. The sunrise/sunset maps give you glare.

On top of that, the combat is focused on compounds mainly, which have abundant cover that protects anything inside from anything outside except for in a few locations (windows, battlements, etc.)

It's a viable playstyle, and people do go and snipe to farm k/d ratio, so you can do it. It's going to be tough if you're going to actually try and fight rather than just disconnect before your enemies catch up to you, though.
>>
>>339645
Absolutely. Game also has no bullet drop. You can even booby trap your location, tough it's still better to reposition but even then, your location will be pinpointed eventually due to superb sound design.
>>339695
I have over 100 hours and I never seen a glare in the game.
>>
File: 1622484051631.gif (93 KB, 112x112)
93 KB
93 KB GIF
>>339313
every day bro
>>339311
my little pogchamp
>>
bros... I think I hate this game
>>
>>339758
git gud
>>
Why is the $34 tube so good wtf. I'm literally wiping teams more often with it than the auto 5
>>
WHERE'S THE FUCKING MAP ALREADY YOU FAGGOTS
>>
>>339898
>than the auto 5
The C&C is for people tricked into thinking price dictates value, or those who can't aim for shit and need to spam. 99% of the time, a Rival will do the same job. And the Romero is a monster in the hands of someone with a steady hand who knows how to disengage.
>>
>>339920
I had just written off the romero as being a cheap starting gun since I sucked at the game so bad when i first started. Just tried it again because I was wanting to unlock slugs with it and got 6 kills in duos my first match trying it out . The LeMat is a great backup with it too if i don't get the one hit kill because of its ridiculous spread
>>
new thread
>>339236
>>339236
>>
>>339958
>Just tried it again because I was wanting to unlock slugs with it
Personally, I think slugs are kind of a waste for it. It already has the best range of any shotgun, you don't have the opportunity for a follow up shot like you do with the others, and slapping an extra $200/400 pricetag on a 34 dollar gun will never feel right to me. These days if I'm playing shotgun I go vanilla romero, slugs rival, or flechette specter.
>>
>>339966
I have essentially the same gun irl and I like shooting slugs through it. Haven't been able to find any lately so i was trying to fill the void with Hunt

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.