[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1595533293782.jpg (548 KB, 1920x1080)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
'Say goodbye to half your ammo' edition

Cooperative FPS featuring dwarves, booze, and beard physics.

https://karl.gg/
>>
Rock and stone? more like boob and boners lmaoooo
>>
File: 1615510526913.jpg (86 KB, 871x781)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
So what has this patch really changed? Were any sub optimal builds buffed, meta builds nerfed, or is it pretty much the same as before?
>>
File: 1589123249805.png (232 KB, 1266x688)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>
>>295062
>combat mobility feels nice but still a bit shit
>tcf (any explosion really) sends minerals flying around
>em discharge and turret arc got stronger
>spin2win bc now good
>six shooter can no longer magdump in seconds
>homebrew powder revolver buffed
>subata is still shit
>experimental rounds buffed, so did microflechettes but they're still garbage
>ptc cryo nerfed
>flying nightmare nerfed for some reason
>feedback loop nerfed despite the other options being garbage or situational
>neurotoxin better than carpet bomber
>no one gives a shit about scunt or the he grenades
that's about it
>>
>>295102
>six shooter can no longer magdump in seconds
But that was the whole fucking point ghost ship god damn it let me fan the hammer into a praet's asshole
>>
>>295102
>no more turbo-freeze
but that was the whole fucking point ghost ship god damn it let me be the fucking fridge I want to be
>>
elite enemies are so fun.
finally something to focus fire that's not an oppressor or detonator
>>
>>295159
Yes I love wasting multiple mags into a single grunt's asshole now that's my definition of fun
>>
>>295179
DRG was became so boring and unchallenging even during EDDs, it's a much needed addition.
But elite guards aren't so fun, yeah, I agree.
>>
>>295348
>>295352
>>
>>295357
They look exactly the same, have a dumb line effect on the bugs (kind of like iron will) and elite tag, have a lot more HP, attack faster and deal more damage. Pretty boring desu.
>>
Face Melter is still complete shit lmao
>>
File: 1615556002257.png (73 KB, 474x101)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Nice
>>
>>295370
What did they even change about it?
>>
>>295377
>Increased the damage and RoF bonuses of the Face Melter OC and replaced the ammo penalty with a range penalty and replaced the movement speed penalty with a tank capacity penalty

all that and it still runs out (mag and total) quicker than an ice storm cryo while doing less damage and having less utility
truly incredible. i was running out of ammo on a haz 4 elimination with face melter
>>
>>295389
Never understood how you could have this problem. What are you doing wrong besides everything, I assume? Yes, it does need all the ammo mods, but if you're going for direct damage + explosions, then you better be going all-in.
>>
File: 1595109131082.jpg (115 KB, 746x761)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
am i the only driller who drills in neat lines that require no jumping up or down. fuck heathens
>>
File: 1606259267496.png (244 KB, 584x209)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
Fucking did it bros. Gunner's my favorite though.
>>
File: 1588220207921.jpg (203 KB, 1845x527)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
I always wanted to play haunted + low oxygen. But elimination took it a little bit too far. Haunted makes situational awarenesslets seethe.
>>
>>295484
Also forgot to mention it was in that bastard snow biome. Surprisingly only had 1 storm throughout the entire 33 minutes. It seems like it doesn't start to snow if most of your team is down.
>>
>>295484
>hazard 5 haunted low oxygen elim duo
How the fuck did you even succeed? With the latest changes to dreads they're fucking impossible to solo but with haunt you'd have to either have the one with ghost aggro away, or kite it away and do the dread quickly before it catches up, or just kite the whole time while fighting which sounds like a nightmare. And that's without counting the fact you have to have an oxygen supply somewhere so if you split both can't be using Molly.
>>
>>295524
It was an even bigger clusterfuck than it should have been, it was only two eggs. I tried to get 1 room with resupplies spread out for plenty of oxygen for the fights. First egg went really poorly and everyone died so many times. After that we got to the second egg and the driller quit before we started as I assume he had enough, 5-10~ minutes into the fight the engineer quit.

It was hell and involved a lot of running back and forth as once I made it halfway back to the "fighting room" I had to continue onwards because everything was too tight and the ghost would catch or i'd suffocate. I made 2 trips back and forth because each time both of them failed to follow. On the third trip back I was able to kill the hiveguard, call the pod, and then rush back to the downed scout.

The biggest problem was the snow storm from the environment after the engi quit. It was actually pretty fun, desu sandpipes.
>>
>>295536
Sounds like hell, nice work. At least you had teammates at first because I would never tackle haunt elim with just two. Most of the time they don't even split so one dwarf has both the ghost and dread after them or the ghost just constantly switches aggro, it's a damn nightmare.
>>
>>295473
How many hours?
>>
File: 1591780640075.png (8 KB, 105x42)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>295556
Too many probably, most of it spent on Haz5, usually doing assignments or deep dives so not trying to rush XP or anything.
>>
swarmageddon is a fire driller's wet dream
>>
>>295611
Swarmageddon is a fantastic excuse to start using neurotoxin grenades again
>>
>>295557
What's your total level? I'm at about 770 with 1057 hours.
>>
>>295801
>>
>>295536
Which dreaddies?
>>
>>295918
Hive Guard first and then Dreadnought. I think a large portion of damage came from my bulldog + power attacks as stopping to fire Lead Storm Minigun was a rarity. I know I did at least 70 percent of the damage against the Dreadnaught and maybe half of the Hive Guard.

Dreadnaught was definitely easier if only because it was mostly fought with 3 players and then 2.
>>
File: Absolutely_disgusting.png (309 KB, 512x512)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>295043
So tell me, is bullet hell viable now?
Or should I still run autocannon with bertha?
Also FUCK the six shooter nerf
>>
>>295964
>bullet hell
>viable
Pick one
>>
File: 1581626740191.jpg (30 KB, 799x510)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>295978
I just saw that the minigun and bullet hell got some buffs in the patchnotes
Is it still fucking garbage?
>>
>>295964
Power attack into the floor to drop you down a little bit then liberally apply bullet across the entire area they are coming towards you at.

Or just slow down time like any normal human being would. Whatever works for you.

>>295979
Nothing in this game truly sucks besides the Deepcore, and that's only because the M1000 stands as its alternative.
>>
>>295979
Anon why would you take an overclock that essentially makes the minigun a less reliable autocannon?
If it's fun to you then I won't stop you but I'm not gonna pretend like it doesn't suck ass
>>
>boot up random mission
>see huuli hoarder
>shoot nonstop with minigun
>hoarder escapes while i'm shooting it
??????????????????????????????
>>
>>296058
You need to remain close to it, or kill it extremely fast. It cannot escape if someone is within a few meters of it.
>>
File: 1586728660201.jpg (24 KB, 400x300)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>shield boost engie in tunnel
>goes in front and immediately tanks an acid spitter
>>
>>295980
boy if you think the M1000 is good I'll need you to go check in the to nearest Asylum.
>>
>>296125
M1000 objectively fills his role better because it deals huge amounts of damage in very small spaces of time. You can't stay as mobile with the AR and deal as much damage as someone who can aim and position well with the M1000 can because it literally doesn't shoot fast enough.
>>
>>296133
uh what? Putting aside our opinions, I don't get what you're saying.
The scout's Deepcore assault rifle fires pretty fast and is full auto, and it doesn't stop you from moving.
The M1000 rifle requires you to scope (or I guess you can hipfire) and only shoots as fast as you click, which definitely won't be accurate. And that's without considering the guns' rate of fire which will limit how fast you can shoot.

But even that aside, my problem is that the M1000 require almost constant perfect play and ideal conditions to do any good. Other bugs get in your way all the time, weakpoints are often obstructed, the bugs just move around a lot, and on H5 you can't just sit back and take shots, a surprise bite to the ass from anything stronge rthan a grunt is dangerous.

And then both the actual damage and ammo are shit. A max focus damage build (2X12X + supercooling) still can't oneshot anything stronger than slasher (65dmg *2.5 focus bonus *1.2 weakpoint bonus) and you have only 32 focused shots so if you need 2 shots minimum to kill anything, that leaves you at 16 kill per full supply, most likely less. And if you want to do big damage you gotta focus on a weakpoint, which severly limits how fast you can shoot.
>>
>>296152
Nobody uses supercooling. Just use minimal clips. Guards need a charged shot to the head.
>>
>>296154
Guard hp at Haz5 is 324, at H2 is 270
65 *2.5 *1.2 = 195
so grats you can oneshot them on hazard 1?
>>
>>296125
did you forget hipster basically makes the deepcore irrelevant now that it got buffed?
>>
>>296164
I honestly haven't tried hipster this patch yet, I was focused (heh) on a focus shot M1000.
>>
>>296159
It one-shots them with a charged shot to the head, even with 4 people in a haz 5 game.
>>
>>296181
Ah my bad, I missed the guard's own weakpoint modififer, which is 2.0 so that makes 195*2=390 so yeah ok.
Or with minimal clip 65*1.25*1.2*2 = 195, which exactly kills them.
>>
How long until the IFG gets nerfed? Will it never be touched because most prefer the cryo nade?
>>
File: 1616603836495.png (143 KB, 592x591)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
Why is everyone so assmad over the six shooter nerf? It lost two bullets. Calm the fuck down, every other change was just to the base weapon
>>
>>296377
>It lost two bullets.
And two fire rate (4 to 2).
If the nerf was just those two bullets it'd be perfectly fine.
>>
>>295979
The range doesn't do much for it, as it still nerfs your direct damage and is never consistent with it's ricochet. Even at 100% chance it's still just a weaker and less accurate than base minigun with blowthrough
>>
File: agni.png (147 KB, 446x555)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>got six shooter the day it gets nerfed
>>
>>296445
i cheated myself in all the weapon overclocks because i got tired of spending hundreds of hours chasing the ones i wanted.
>>
>>296449
How?
>>
>>296450
look up the deep rock galactic save editor
>>
File: 1590156304784.jpg (75 KB, 618x1024)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
i got all the good overclocks almost instantly
>>
>>296450
Hex editing.
I used to to get that one helmet that was removed from the game.
>>
>>296502
I have a hex editor and whatnot, you know of a guide somewhere, and what the code for that helmet is still?
>>
>>296505
the hex editor is specifically for cheating in the limited time cosmetics
heres the video i used. not the guy you replied to. the guy had a steam guide, but his guide was taken down for "violating community guidelines"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBAuFtL1x8
>>
File: 1612326715066(1).jpg (15 KB, 519x250)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Is the game worth getting if I have no friends to play with?
>>
>>296527
Its very fun with randoms, the community is extremely good and you rarely find a shitter, the only downside is that there are a lot of shit players that make you question how they got the rank they have
>>
>>296527
its fine. i tried to get my friends into the game after i found out that i liked it, but one only played a few hours, and the other wouldnt touch it for retarded reasons (he has a lot of retarded reasons he gives for being picky about other games too, so it was not surprising)
>>
>>296527
You can play solo and most of the time the robot companion you get is more reliable than most people you'll play with
>>
>>296579
as long as you arent playing haz 5, bosco is fine. if you are on haz 5, bosco is about one of the most unreliable teammates you can have.
>>
>>296377
because whenever blatantly overpowered weapons get nerfed all the meta slaves freak out because they don't know how to make the game piss easy for a week until the new meta is discovered

>>296445
it wasn't even nerfed that much, it's just that magdumping 3/4 of a haz5 4 player praetorian's health away takes 1.5 seconds instead of 1
it still gives you a ton of ammo and you can still get ridiculous damage while ignoring the increased spread with accuracy mods
>>
>>296597
Is it better to use elephant rounds or six shooter when using splintering shells AC? Haven't tried out six shooter but If it means I can have a decent amount of ammo I'll give it a try
>>
>>296599
Despite the nerfs six shooter is more versatile and can provide some useful burst damage in a pinch
Elephant rounds is a meme
>>
>>296527
Yes absolutely. I'm a person who doesn't play vidya with anyone IRL or online anymore and DRG is literally the perfect dose of vidya with other people. Don't need to commit to actual relationships at all but the enjoyment of co-operation is still very present. 99% of the time I just GG after a run and leave game and so do lots of other people.

It's ultra satisfying playing Haz 5 and everyone is a stone cold operator and doesn't type shit. Between the Call button, Laser Pointer and RnS there's enough communication.
>>
File: 1616005770447.jpg (20 KB, 403x408)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>prefer the subata + flamer
>prefer the minigun
>prefer the stubby
>prefer the m1000 and nuks
>always take field medic and dash (or boots for scout)
>>
File: 1607765199893.png (35 KB, 888x806)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
How's LS after the buff?
>>
>>297071
what the frick is an LS
>>
>>297081
Lead Storm
>>
>>297070
you got the wrong thread buddy. /coopg/ is two blocks down
>>
>>297093
It was great before, so probably even better now. I used it for a few hours and didn't realize anything though.

>>297096
/coopg/ and this place are unironically the same.
>>
>>297120
>/coopg/ and this place are unironically the same.
this thread is slightly better, but i agree
>>
>>295102
I see the discord autistics are hard at work.
>>
>>296527
No, most the no lifers and NEETS with 1k+ hours will tell you it's fun but only with friends or talkative strangers is this game truly fun otherwise its just a rotating door randos who wont stick around long enough because assignments > team.

Your only friend is Bosco.
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26 KB, 400x462)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
gold+ prestige scouts are absolute shitters, i would genuinely sooner play with a day 1 install than ever play with another diamond 2 scout main who thinks he's hot shit

at least the greenbeard wont become a petulant shit if you say anything to him
>>
>>295102
new combat mobility is actually pretty good imo, i tried it with 23313 on this week's edd and it served me nicely. you pretty much just hold down m1 to get constant damage resistance. was very handy on the last stage with shield disruption
>>
>>297215
is the damage resistance mod in t5 good or is it still niche?
>>
>>297228
i'd say it's pretty good. %33 damage resistance is nothing to scoff at, especially on haz 5 or shield disruption, and afaik it multiplies with veteran depositor to get around %50 resistance
and remember, that's to *all* damage. macteras, slashers and dreadnoughts all become significantly less lethal with the mod in effect

sure feedback loop was the obvious choice back in the day, but now it's been nerfed i think we're going to see a lot more tanky gunners in the future, which is good because gunner needs to be alive at all times for his shields
>>
>>295102
the baseline for the subata should always have been a fully-automatic slow-firing pistol, the overclocks and mods should work from there. I was making this before OC's when it fucking sucked. When retarded discord trannies would unironically say "it's a great weapon!!1!" when the EPC straight up ignored armor.
>>
>>297215
why not go for more dakka or better accuracy in tier 2? combat mobility makes the ac reach max rof in less than a second by itself
>>
>>297210
hows that?
>>
File: 1512742804440.jpg (22 KB, 319x331)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
/coopg/ is currently unusable due to chaos wastes update. can i stay for a while?
>>
>>297210
people who "main" in DRG tend to be the most shallow and rigid players. they've never seen any way to play their class outside of their own way of doing things.
>>
>>297256
FUCK OFF LEAF LOVING NIGGER WE'RE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
sure bro stay here for as long as you want
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL
>>
>>297256
don't be a nigger and you'll be just fine
we already have enough /coopg/ rapefugees shitting up the thread from time to time
we don't need more
>>
>>297260
understandable but
>we
>>
is 22113 with combat mobility a good build? i just got it and it feels amazing but it feels like something aint right with it
>>
If you haven't felt the stinging push of my tulpa forcing his spiked demon dick into your ass then I'm going to have to ask you to leave /coopg/ and never return.
>>
File: 1502068442213.png (99 KB, 746x512)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>297259
thanks fren
>>
>>297257
i play anything that isnt scout
if scout is the only slot not taken, i bring in one of the 3 useful classes
if scout is the only slot left and its class locked, i find another lobby. dont care if i have to drop 2-3 haz levels in the process.
>>
>>297266
anyone?
>>
>>297277
sure why not, but why combat mobility? Just jump n shoot like megaman
>>
>>297266
Why combat mobility? I feel like you're either reloading for half of the mission or running out ammo too quickly.
>>
>>297281
>>297278
but i like the dakka
>>
>>297272
>sniping macteras, spitballers, nanocyte breeders, pretorians, detonators and oppressors
>never going down, always helping your team get back up
>fun as fuck mobility options with the hook and some overclocks too.
>quick stripping of minerals, easily finding nitra while the team is doing some objectives like pipes and mules, hunting down the last secondaries if needs be.
>LIGHTS
Scout is fun, anon. Stop being a tranny.
Sure you can't fight a whole horde without wasting a few cryo nades but it's ok to be stunted in the AOE department when you have such high single target DPS and mobility
And the absence of flares is always felt.
Although I get why you'd want to stay clear of scout if you're playing with randos, must suck not to have friends you can rely on.
>>
>>297295
>Although I get why you'd want to stay clear of scout if you're playing with randos, must suck not to have friends you can rely on.
yeah, ive seen randos play like absolute shit enough times that i would rather be one of the classes that can actually contribute to getting the wave off of them. i prefer to avoid flaming my teammates if possible (unless its called for), so i dont queue as scout. i completely understand how scout is good at those particular things, but i'd rather do without him than have to roll dice on whether or not im in a lobby full of shitters.
>>
>>297304
also you are right, i dont have friends who are really willing to play this game. ive tried to get them into the game a few times, but its an absolute chore and they seem generally disinterested after maybe 2-3 missions max.
>>
>>297070
only thing i differ on is the subata
i cannot play without dash
>>
>>297345
I've started to stop using dash as I feel like it was a crutch and made me not pay attention to my movement. I still use it on lead storm and a few other specific oc's but otherwise I try to do IW + Field med
>>
File: 1616482738958.gif (835 KB, 300x201)
835 KB
835 KB GIF
>>297347
>dash is a crutch
>still uses Iron Will
>>
WE'RE RICH
>>
>>297266
You could try using 22222 with Combat Mobility to maximize damage while only really sacrificing 2 RoF, alongside the 33% damage reduction thing which, with the speed you're going to move at (with the added fear) you should be taking next to no damage. I personally would go with a 33222 build with it, as i like having a lot of ammo and I don't mind the reload on the Thunderhead
>>
>player level 220
>feel like i do nothing but play this game
>player level 1500 joins
>>
>>297410
it's the difference between playing for as long as you have, but exclusively playing haz 5 with red modifiers, and full clearing everything 100%
>>
>>297464
>full clearing everything 100%
is this even worth doing on cave length/coplex 3? i feel like it would be more efficient to just start another mission
>>
>>297617
You get 1 exp per mineral mined and enemy killed, so judge it yourself if getting a few 100 EXP is worth wasting 5-10 more minutes on
>>
>>297247
more dakka maybe, more accuracy seems unnecessary since CM already provides an accuracy boost
i dont want my AC to be laser accurate, having a bit of spread helps deal with swarms cos it spreads out the acrea damage
>>
File: 1618399687615.png (365 KB, 604x645)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>297347
calling dash a crutch on its own is already retarded but how the fuc u gonna say that whilst also admitting to using IW my nigga
>>
>>297646
>>297617
i stopped mining gold some time ago, its just not worth my time.
>>
>>295980
Ai stability engine deepcore is fucking A+
>>
>>297708
It's helpful for more casual players, but if you've played for a few hundred hours already, you have a stable enough income to not bother about mining it
>>
Hot alien waifus when
>>
>>298164
Bugs are for shooting, not fucking
>>
File: 1347314097885.jpg (6 KB, 155x222)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I like the new Turret Arc. When well placed it feels as devastating as its setup warrants it to be.
>>
File: only max rank driller.png (236 KB, 334x390)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
Why do I still have to do promotion assignments at max rank? Shit fucking sucks, I thought it would just loop level 25 to give me more account levels.
>>
>>298227
Reject the exp jew, return to playing missions for fun
>>
>>298261
I do play the missions for fun, that’s why I don’t want to do the fucking promotion assignment
>>
File: 1591914543562.jpg (66 KB, 528x792)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Just had a couple scenarios where it seemed like the melee version of the dreadnought twin did double damage. Went from sitting at about 100~ health to dead from 1 rock wave. Everyone was getting their asses kicked and seemed to be dying almost instantly, and it seemed to only be that specific attack that was knocking everyone out.

Big ups to those weakpoints on the back are poorly done while this thing is on my mind. You can't even hit them from certain angles thanks to invisible indestructible armor. The first breakable pieces on the sac towards the head are the most annoying. They can be seen from most angles but cannot be hit from the side (where they are easiest to see).
>>
>>298214
Hot robotic waifus when
>>
What mod setup would you recommend for the Zhukovs with the Embedded Detonators OC? So far I've tried 11232 and it seemed pretty good as a big burst damage fallback. What I'm not sure about is if pumping the magazine up from 30>40 rounds is even a meaningful damage increase or if the reload speed would be better. It can't really benefit at all from blowthrough or hollowpoints either right?
>>
>>298317
You have molly for that
>>
did the subata chain hit oc buff make any meaningful difference? I only ever hear negative things about the gun in general
>>
>>298524
unless you hit every weakpoint shot it's shit, and even then it's not worth it
just use full auto subata or heavy hitter epc
>>
>>298524
chain hit got buffed? the oc is so useless the only option is for it to be removed not buffed
>>
File: heavy.jpg (225 KB, 1069x799)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>298526
Heavy hitter looks pretty neat, too bad I only have energy rerouting, heat pipe and overcharger at the moment. Is the go-to setup for it something like this and just ignore charged shots pretty much entirely?
>>
>>298534
you got it pretty much right mostly, just switch plasma burn for something else if using cryo, temp shock really isnt worth the ammo or the effort
>>
File: 1603169365036.jpg (60 KB, 466x347)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>Rest of the team goes down 3 seconds into the EDD
It's gonna be one of those runs again
>>
>>298534
too bad it still overheats super fast, doesn't have weakpoint bonus nor armor breaking so you end up not killing nearly as fast as the numbers would suggest, quickly run out of ammo and have no utility
>>
>>298524
Dunno about the OC but while it's not OP I feel it's a pretty solid sidearm. No big downside or flaws really.
I go 1211X with oversized magasine and use a macro to shoot bursts of 5 shots, or single shots as needed. It's like a very accurate BRT, works great to dump a whole mag in big bug or pick out macteras and spitters.
>>
>>298670
it's great with cryo though
>>
the grenade jumping OC is so fucking fun bros.
too bad you essentially trade your best weapon slot for mobility and it's not a worthy trade
>>
>>298682
just use mpa or minishells shotgun
works pretty well for me
some people have said stubby geared for cc is good too but havent tried it
>>
i hate point extraction
>>
File: 1616454547127.png (127 KB, 1027x1280)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>298697
I like the concept but I wish there was more than 4 map layouts with little variation
>vertical room with the plateform at the top and a tunnel connecting both "floors" (pic related)
>round room with a hill in the middle & the plateform on it and that one easy to miss room that either has half the mats or nothing at all
>diagonal room with a "basement" in the lower part and a mess of pillars in the upper part
>vertical shaft room with spiral paths going up the side and a few "bridges", there's alway that one aquarq in the fucking ceiling
>>
>>298697
I just solo it so I can laser pointer bosco to mine all the aquarqs for me.
>>
>>298702
>that image
forgot the fact that it's always fucking glacial strata
>>
>>298680
Yeah but I'm still upset they removed the bouncing projectile mod instead of just fixing the issue with it ignoring armor and hitting 2x.
>>
>>298684
what mods do you use with MPA? I guess the only major choice comes down to more ammo or more pellets. Choke sounds cool too but probably doesn't really do much in practice
>>
>>298852
i tried it out recently with 22321 and it did pretty well imo
its one of the only times i found hawkeye useful since it helped with swarmers/jellies and with making easier targets for turret whip, which really helps when relying on your primary and sentry
>>
playing scout with swarmageddon is the most annoying shit ever
>>
>>298901
>playing scout
theres your problem
>>
>>298908
somebody gotta turn on the lights
>>
>>298901
That's why I use the IFG, it lasts so long and it has so many uses that it doesn't matter how big the swarm you drag back to anyone is, one IFG will trivialize anything for 15 seconds
>>
I think the Mactera Goo Bomber is a good ally, he saved my life today with that goo of his.
>>
>>298702
god I love point extraction
>>
>>295102
>tcf (any explosion really) sends minerals flying around
rip driller niggers
>>
>>299033
lmao, go pick up the shards, scunt.
>>
>>299037
no
>>
>>299033
CLEAN IT UP SCOUT
>>
>>298697
>>298702
as a drillchad I love it because it gives me an excuse to drill out neat paths and TCF aquarqs out of the ceiling. I particularly enjoy drilling nice big corkscrews to cover large vertical distances. Little stairways on cliffs and out of pits are nice as well.
>>
File: 1604369696875.jpg (114 KB, 720x1280)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>299109
I leave it, scout uses ammo less and I store my nitra in my fat sack. I train driller to pick up his mess.
>>
>>299111
>he thinks he has a choice
the only job that scout has is being the driller's mineral collector
if i catch you slacking off i'll talk to the engi to take away your platform privileges
>>
>>299111
>implying ammo for scout is important
kek
pick it up wagie
driller's your new pimp
>>
>>298284
>Just had a couple scenarios where it seemed like the melee version of the dreadnought twin did double damage.
I've been nearly one-shot by dreadnoughts in haz3, I'm 99% sure they're not supposed to do that much damage.
>>
>>298702
Legit, I have all of the last 10 omens i have played. I have only lost one other machine event in that entire span and it was because we went past 30min in a point extraction so the endless waves fucked it too hard. How the fuck do you beat omens as a team? Is it just the idiots all have to focus one part at a time?
>>
>>299142
>I have *lost
I should get some sleep.
>>
>>299142
Dig a circular trench or ask the engineer to make a bridge if there are walls nearby, that will help the team avoid the annoying plasma waves and focus on firing instead, while a single dwarf jumps around platforms activating its parts
>>
>>299142
Do a retarded setup everytime one appears where engi puts a shitton of platforms in the walls just above the height of the bottom lasers while driller makes a trench for further safety
Only has a chance of working 40% of the time since it relies on your team not being retards though
>>
>>299142
Circle trench from one terminal to another is super useful. If someone goes down you can just dig under them and revive them safely until the plasma tower is gone
>>
Really starting to prefer running any armor breaking mod whenever possible on just about any weapon. It's so much more satisfying to just shred armor right off if any shots clip it at all
>>
This just goes to show how much you all suck, having to rely on cheesy strats to beat an easy machine event. Just stay on the activation platforms, shoot the bots, avoid the plasma lines and once in while the laser/turret while shooting the weak spots that show up. Unless you're driller then you're just a weight for a platform.
>>
>>299185
It's the fun police!
Come on now, beating this thing on a high difficulty, especially with randoms, is not a challenge, it's a chore. I want to blow bugs up, not shoot at a stationary object spewing all sorts of munitions in all directions.
>>
>>299174
Can't see the point on minigun, it's already a laser pointer so hitting weakpoints is easy.
>>
>>299204
Bloom is wide enough to not always hit the face of grunts. Could save some shots over time at least on guards.
>>
is there a discord for people who want to create modded lobbies and try them out with others? the official one is kind of concentration camp-tier if you say 'mod'
>>
>>299291
There's a modding discord too, but you don't really want to use discord, do you, anon?
>>
>>299142
The platform opposite of the core infuser is always for the bottom lasers. If you can get your team to focus that first, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Unless nobody pays attention to the drones/minigun yet again.
>>
Going 5 missions in a row with machine events while having no cores and then having the opposite happen has finally broke me to just save edit myself a bunch of empty cores. Game is genuinely more fun when it's always an exciting thing to find a machine event now
>>
now that the ac's ability to reach max rof was buffed, would it be a good idea to swtich lighter barrel assembly in t2 for something else while still reliably proccing feedback loop or that dmg resistance mod?
>>
>>299499
Like what?
Accuracy is pointless on AC and Improved Gas has anti synergy with Max ROF mods.
>>
What's the new meta for all classes? Hipster scout is pretty good
>>
>>299629
Why are you looking for a "meta" in drg out of all things?
>>
>>299629
>asks for muh meta
>scout
like clockwork.
>>
>>299638
it's the only thing i've been able to gleam from reading the threads
>No meta
fagging is pretty reddit
>>
>>299111
CLEAN IT UP, WAGIE
>>
>>299629
"please spoonfeed me on how to play this casual coop game!!" no nigger build your own loadouts, you'll unironically have more fun this way
>>
>>299760
i'm not going to commit another 50 hours to the game specifically to determine what i should be playing in order to not hold the team back.
Learn to communicate faggot it's a team based game
>>
>>299773
nigger it's the easiest coop game there is on the market
you can make any build work as long as you aren't a retard
>>
File: 1568733472275.png (687 KB, 914x541)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>299773
It is difficult to make a loadout that won't work unless you don't even make an attempt to pick upgrades and weapons that synergize. Play the fucking game instead of demanding a spoonfed loadout and way to play like some mush-brained redditor
>>
>>299784
fuck
off
>>299785
fuck off
>>
File: 1588911463435.jpg (193 KB, 762x785)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>299798
lmao'ing at how braindead you are needing the meta spoonfed to you.
>>
>>299174
same
fuck qronar shellbacks
>>
turbaned dwarves always seem to be fucking chads
>>
>>299773
>>299784
>>299785
>>299798
Dwarves! Listen to yourselves! You are bickering like a bunch of knife ears hoping to be the end of the buttfuck train. If a dwarf asks a stupid question, educate him about what he doesn't know.

There really isn't a hard meta in this game and nearly anything works OK if you know the basics. Avoid haz 5 and experiment with builds until you find one that is FUN to play. Then learn how to not die constantly with it and you will be fine on the hardest of deep dives. People just like arguing about what is best because the only thing close to as fun as killing bugs is discussing the best way to do it.
>>
File: 1617094767659.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>
>>299970
Not to be a party pooper or anything but
>implying a metafag knows anything about fun
>>
>>299985
Is her earring a soda can tab?
>>
>>299773
the problem with someone telling you what they think the best loadout and how to use it usually ends up with someone else arguing that it's not the best and theirs is better. meanwhile they both end up being able to do the same thing.
>>
>>299988
Isn't the most meta scout loadout just another driller? Not even joking.
>>
>>299991
sure i guess
>>
>>299991
Unironically yes but with engineers and gunners instead of drillers
>>
neurotoxin should only be able to be ignited by the driller that threw it
>>
>>300011
yes
>>
>>299987
Seems so.
>>
bros... the EPC... fuck
>>
File: 1611751289344.png (102 KB, 512x512)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>300185
It is completely fine and the change is negligible and doesn't prevent it from doing the same as it did before.
>>
File: mactera 3 jow.jpg (408 KB, 2000x3000)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>300186
but the spread of the minerals and oil shale tho. heh no matter. am gonna try something different instead of stealing scout's job
>>
>>300186
It's a shame all the talk about TCF is about mining with it when its always been way more interesting and fun to use it in combat to destroy entire groups with sick shock combos like you're playing unreal tournament
>>
>join game
>we clear 2 dreadnoughts
>everyone is doing fine
>scout finds lost armor
>team confirms we will go get it after we do the last dreadnought
>everyone agrees except one guy who has been silent the entire time
>either the gunner or driller calls the pod as soon as possible after we kill the last dreadnought
>me and the scout are in a rush to get to the lost armor in time
>we make it
>i arrive about 20-30 seconds after him, and his one way out of the lost equipment crevice is about to be completely overwhelmed in bugs
>use most of my current hp bar to grab the skin, fight my way to the scout, and get both of us out
>we sprint to the other side of the map with a minute left while the gunner and scout spit all over the "no dwarf left behind" sign in the drop pod
>>
File: file.png (107 KB, 1935x84)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
who the hell plays class locked HAZ 2?!
>>
Cold radiance or fragile?
>>
>>300270
why do you care? let people play the game in the way they enjoy, there's hundreds of other lobbies that will let you stack 3 scouts if you really need to be that much of a faggot
>>
File: 1604949427916.jpg (194 KB, 625x574)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>300287
shit, bros... the all of 5 bugs that spawn on haz 2 are gonna overwhelm us if we dont bring class lock...
>>
>>300270
>who the hell plays class locked HAZ 2?!
Someone who's learning the game and either thinks dupes are bad or wants 4 different classes for roleplay reason
>>
>>300289
>NOOOOO DON'T ENABLE CLASS LOCK YOU FUCKING TRYHARD!!! I-I WANNA BE THE THIRD SCOUT ON ESCORT DUTY IT'S NOT FAAAAAIR!!!
>>
File: 1618951908054.jpg (85 KB, 1124x1156)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>300370
>He can't win any mission with 4 scouts
>On Haz 2
>>
>>300381
this isnt about what i can and cannot do you retard i just dont like stacking classes because it's not fun
>>
>>300455
>stacking classes is not fun
Quad engi and quad gunner teams would like a word with you
>>
>>300370
the kick feature exists for a reason
>>
File: Spoiler Image (398 KB, 605x724)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
Last week's EDD was pretty easy but that stage 2 almost fucked us, got a swarm in the middle of fighting dread twins which included a detonator, two elite praes and an opressor. I guess when they said no more swarms during dread fights that didn't include deep dives.
>>
File: 1588851556744.png (16 KB, 174x231)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>300663
It might not apply since the dread fight is a secondary objective, rather than the main one.
Also fuck elites. This incarnation is so lazy I'd rather not have them.
>>
>>299928
Can confirm.
>>
>>300816
>>299928
Inshallah
>>
File: 1533847813262.jpg (30 KB, 388x443)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>host glacial strata mining mission
>throw friendly and shield booster perks on
>get thanks you's for setting teammates on fire during snow storms
>>
>>300887
Based if true, but I also don't trust the random pubbie to not get mad at being lit on fire.
>>
>>300932
i just continue holding down my left click if someone walks into my line of fire. it makes them move eventually. theres only one country in europe that does not have any actual de jure lands and is filled with some of the most retarded players i have ever played with. the country? poland.
return to pre-ww1 borders in europe when?
>>
>>299773
If you need 50 hours to figure out what works and what doesn't you are a fucking retard. The meta for you would be uninstalling.
>>
>>295043
I already used neurotoxin but now every fucking metafag will use it too and people will think I'm a metafag for using it
Fuck, this is just like Payday 2 and LMGs. Used those for years before they were meta
>>
>>300932
I was playing with a friend and regular who knew I meant well.
>>
>>301005
Try combat mobility, it's really fun. Or return to being a minigun chad
>>
>>301056
give build for combat mobility
>>
>>301058
The one I've been running is 33321. 32321 might actually be better but I've liked the results of going all in on RoF growth instead, might be overkill though
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/548430/view/3048351062949165641
apparently they tweaked something with the platform gun and the pgl? why would anyone need velocity to transfer to their pgl projectile?
>>
>>301070
>Fixed enemy waves able to trigger while fighting dreadnought in deep dives.
>Reduced Elite Enemies health scaling on Hazard 4 and Hazard 5
>Removed Elite Oppressor.
Bit too late since I already experienced all these but good to see it. Also agree that the health scaling was kind of ridiculous, and the idea to make them just better at survival with tougher armor and better maneuverability seems a better idea than just buffing health. I don't personally mind the elite idea since it does make fights more interesting since you need to get away from them as they don't die instantly like the rest and are an actual threat but they do need some tweaking.
>>
>>301070
>you now have to pick between being able to do cool movement with the platform gun and being able to construct useful fortifications with bug repellent
well that kind of sucks
>>
>>301070
it's pretty pointless for the PGL but really useful for the platform gun
mainly for engies who like to use platforms to break their fall when rocket jumping around, and you don't have that annoying fucking moment where the platform materializes 0.1 seconds right after you touch the ground
>>
>>301061
man, magazine penalties sucks so fucking much on the autocannon
so hard to give up the t1 ammo in order to fix the mag size because you'll losing a big boost in ammo capacity, but then taking the t1 mag size is even worse than before because the penalty is multiplicative, making the mod give 25% as much ammo as the t1 ammo
>>
>>301182
Yeah even though I've gotten used to it I still can't help but feel I'm working against a major component of the gunner in having sustained fire whenever I use BB or CM. They're still a ton of fun to use after some adjustment to 55 rounds but I'd never really consider them to be truly competitive choices with the other overclocks with the current state of ammo economy on the autocannon and how crippled you are without that extra 220 rounds in reserve
>>
>>301070
>cryokiddies seethed they couldn't just freeze everything to win so gsg caved and made the game easier again

Disappointing, but not unexpected. I seriously don't understand the "bullet sponge" argument when enemies like the Oppressor and Hiveguard have existed for as long as they have.
>>
>>301257
>trying to bait people in /vm/
/coopg/ not giving enough (you)s?
>>
I'm having way too much fun spam firing a hipster m1k with super blowthrough into oncoming crowds of grunts. Probably will get nerfed hard next patch with the 'popular/fun = nerf' direction the game balance is taking though
>>
>>301266
>hurr bate!! XDd
I get enough of this shit from the Steam forums. Stop being a fag and actually address what I have to say
>>
>>301275
know what. i'll bite
yes, the elite oppressor was a bullet sponge in every sense of the word and the "debuff" to the elites was justified. enemies like that break the resource management part of the game given you need to waste so much ammo to down them, fighting them is not even difficult if you know how to kite (unless it's a elite grabber, fuck those guys), it only makes you and your team spend half your ammo on a single enemy.
doesn't help that most of the time you can't even freeze them most of the time, making more than half the builds of an entire driller primary useless against them
>inb4 hurr driller not made for big enemies durr muh stickyflames better
kys
>>
>>301257
cryo needs some more nerfs overall but elites are basically completely immune to being frozen right now, you can put half your ammo into one and it won't even be half frozen
i think the best way to handle cryo is to not touch the weapon directly, but make freezing enemies take longer by adjusting their cold resist/freeze temperature
>>
>>301295
>>301304
It's incredible just how over-reliant people are on the Cryo cannon. I guarantee we wouldn't be having this discussion if they weren't immune to Freezing.
Yes they take a lot of ammo to put down, that's the entire point. They're like minibosses who are supposed to demand a lot of attention. But even then they don't cost "half your ammo" to put down and if you're seriously losing that much when fighting them then I don't think *they're* the problem.

I will agree, the current implementation of elites isn't very interesting, it's just a HP and damage buff. But I imagine that'll get changed soon so they have more attacks and shit
>>
>>301324
Have you even seen an elite guard or opressor on Haz5 with multiple players? It does take half your fucking ammo.
>>
>>301324
>It's incredible just how over-reliant people are on the Cryo cannon.
it's not about being over-reliant, it's the fact that even with tuned cooler it takes ages to freeze them, and guess what the cryo cannon's main selling point is

> I guarantee we wouldn't be having this discussion if they weren't immune to Freezing.
maybe so, if only for the fact that freezing allows dealing massive damage to whatever's frozen, effectively making dealing with elites easier
>>
Is this game fun without friends?
>>
>>301089
they just need to do what risk of rain did and give them separate colors and unique mechanics instead of having a health buff and immunity to crowd control
>>
>>301421
if that's your case, the only friend you need is bosco
>>
>>301431
>overloading mactera grabber
Please no
>>
imagine if they made elite grabbers be able to deal damage to you while grabbed
>>
File: 1608699070102.jpg (92 KB, 991x749)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>301503
>blazing mactera grabber
>blazing shellback
>>
>>301523
>perfected brood nexus
>every spawn is also perfected
>die to little bugs shooting massive missiles off their heads
>>
>>301503
>celestine glyphid warden
>>
File: 20210430015447_1.jpg (554 KB, 1920x1080)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>
>>301511
>flying cave leeches at 200 miles an hour
I kinda want to see this.
>>
>>301421
i'd say playing solo is the norm
dont listen to the bosco shitter
>>
>>301546
t. friendless autist
>>
>>301556
t. zoomer
>>
File: 1604342429856.png (240 KB, 600x633)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>301431
>Blighted Acid Spitter
>>
>>301421
Playing alone can get you into bad situations with Molly refusing to stay in one location.
>>
>>301546
It is definitely not
>>
>>301601
Playing with other people can get you into bad situations with Molly refusing to stay in one location.
>>
File: 1606312396915.jpg (186 KB, 1080x1676)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>301615
i dont mean solo solo
>>
>>301617
I find it's pretty rare that people are cunts over the mule. Usually cancelling their call once is enough to have them wait. But if someone is annoying about it they get kicked.
>>
I just noticed the mineral trade has fake headlines and stocks scrolling at the top of the screen. Interesting.
>>
>>301535
I'll give the EDD a try; let's see how large a bodycount my flock of greenbeards can amass
>>
>>300471
>Quad engi
Quad engi is by far the most fun stack by far and nothing even comes close
>>
>>300270
Bowtuk, apparently
>>
File: 1608960740598.png (418 KB, 500x442)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
>Scout has fallen down the same hole 4 times in a row
>Driller literally cannot stop C4ing himself
>Engi is indiscriminately nuking everything that moves
>Spending more time full reviving the team than making any progress as our nitra supply dwindles
>Eventually just stop bothering
>Grab their supply pod drops and solo the rest of the EDD
>Get kicked after
Was I truly in the wrong?
>>
>>301999
This is why I always host.
>scout not getting on the fucking plat
>kick
>engie not making plats
>kick
>gunner constantly forgetting shield
>kick
Makes the game easier, if a bit less exciting; but way less frustrating.
>>
File: 1607028906368.jpg (60 KB, 1024x913)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Fact: Every time you spare a lootbug, a jew dies
So I ask you anon, do you REALLY need that nitra?
>>
>>302137
when the cave has been stripmined of nitra and we have 79 in our reserves: yes
when the cave is filled with minerals: also yes
>>
>>302137
fuck bugs, species war now.
>>
>>302137
Yes, I'm not an edgy antisemite, I just like dwarves, big guns, and using those big guns to kill bugs
Simple as
>>
>>302137
Only in hazard 5 when the caves are empty of nitra and we really need a last supply
>>
>>302137
I shoot anything that moves, dwarves included.
>>
File: 1619348416912.jpg (25 KB, 720x406)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>302207
Both management and your ancestors smile upon you, anon.
>>
If you drink a blackout stout and then a wormhole immediately afterward the space wakes you up from passing out and then you can walk around outside until you're forced back in
>>
>>301340
>it's not about being over-reliant, it's the fact that even with tuned cooler it takes ages to freeze them
Yes and that's a good thing
I unironically think more enemies should just be outright immune to freezing - dreadnoughts for one. Stationary enemies and breeders should also get to be immune because they're already incredibly easy to kill
The cryo makes every single engagement in this game a joke. I'm frankly tired of it. I was genuinely happy to see that Elites couldnt be frozen because it meant I'd have to actually try to win a fight for once - and of course that means the rest of the playerbase starts screeching about bullet sponges
I don't think enough people appreciate the challenge that goes into enemy design, and how much of it is just chucked out the window when Freezing gets involved. It's a literally perfect stun, every other status effect may as well not even exist
>>
>>300471
i'd like to know how you retards sustain yourself on the same joke
>haha we're quad gunners guys!! it's just like 40k :OOOOOO
>>
>>302279
They're still bullet sponges though as a player that hardly uses cryo. I kind of agree with you about cryo trivializing things but elites being almost immune is still bad since cryo is a valid build, but suddenly you become totally useless in the face of elite enemies and can't do much except use your worse secondary.
>>
>>302281
I play the game to have fun and experiment, what else do i need to say?
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T BREAK THE CLASS BALANCERINO THE GAME ISN'T FUN IF YOU BRING A SECOND ENGINEER NOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>301999
Nope. You were 100% in the right, thats why it bugged them.
>>
>>302285
You can still just freeze fucking everything else and win. You're getting up in arms because *one* enemy type is making you redundant. I think that's a tiny price to pay for making the rest of the game so easy
You know, almost like the classes in this game have different roles and specialties and shit? I know it's hard to believe but there was a time before the Cryo was introduced when Driller's niche was dealing with trash mobs before he became the fucking one man army he is today
>>
>>302285
The game needs more bullet sponges. As it stands for the past year or two we've had more than enough nitra to complete the mission. I really like the elite enemies but I don't think they spawn frequently enough.
>>
File: 1600877492489.jpg (649 KB, 1920x1080)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
>>302411
>The game needs more bullet sponges. As it stands for the past year or two we've had more than enough nitra to complete the mission. I really like the elite enemies but I don't think they spawn frequently enough.
>>
>>302411
>The game needs more bullet sponges
I have literally never heard anyone from any game say this, ever
>>
File: 1619719446473.gif (2.47 MB, 272x276)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB GIF
>>302411
>wanting more bullet sponges
>>
I play Driller with a cheat engine table that gives me unlimited drill fuel so I can make all the autistic pathways I want. Don't @ me.
>>
Does anyone here play lower than haz 5?
genuinely curious.
I feel like, solo missions aside, even haz 4 is too easy.
Even on haz 5, the only missions my friends and I (+ a rando) have trouble with are the missions where the game randomly spawns mini hordes every minute or so.
to me it feels like the game has a director problem rather than a difficulty problem.
>>
>>302655
regular haz4 player here
would play haz5 more often if my pc didn't shit the bed whenever i play it even on the lowest graphic settings possible
>>
What's GSG's fucking deal with elite enemies?
I've been playing since 2018 Summer and this shit genuinely makes me consider quitting the game
"lol we cant come up with any better enemy design whatsoever so we'll just make bulletspongy enemies that are better than the rest"
Just give us Haz 6 already if you want to make the game more challenging.
"unbreakable armour on guards or praetorians"
So completely invalidating taking armour-breaking rounds. Cool.
>We are right now developing more ways in which we can improve Elite survivability besides just increasing health. We are looking into enhancing the strength of each Elite enemy such as unbreakable armor for Grunt Guards and Praetorians, and giving Mactera Spawn more evasiveness.
>more evasiveness
I've seen fucking elite grabbers move at supersonic speeds, I dont wanna imagine what it'd be like with mactera spawn now.

Just fuck the devs. Not even for the elite enemies part, but them taking 10 hotfixes every update so far just because they couldnt fix shit in their big update, WITH TWO WEEKS OF EXPERIMENTAL BEFORE THAT
tl;dr
i miss drg when on-site / escort came out as it was best before all turned to shit ;_;
>>
>>302655
haz 5 with friends but haz 4 with pubbies so i turn my brain off
>>
>>302690
>please give us a difficulty that less than %1 of the playerbase will regularly play let alone even try once
You know that less than %5 of all lobbies are playing Haz 5 right? Haz 6 is never going to happen. Besides why are you bitching about muh bullet sponges if you want something that is invariably worse?
>>
>>302655
I almost exclusively do 5, preferably with modifiers. Haunted cave and oxygen modifier are my two favorite because they switch the game up and force people to be a little more thoughtful or play faster.

>>302690
I don't even feel like they need to be changed, if they just spawned more often it would be nice.
>>
>>302655
I'm level 200+ and play primarily Haz 4. Most weeks I don't even bother with deep dives. Idk. Haz 5 often just feels like a bit of a nuisance to me.
>>
File: tired cat.png (258 KB, 476x477)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>302690
>"unbreakable armour on guards or praetorians"
>So completely invalidating taking armour-breaking rounds. Cool.
Lmao, how does a handful of rarely spawning enemies "completely invalidate" your build, you whiny faggot?
>>
>>302925
'e wants to win every time but not get good at the game me thinks. Never understood those types reasoning. Perhaps mumma dropped 'em when they were born or 'sumthin.
>>
>>302945
Are you okay?
>>
>>295459
brother
>>
I need a new BRT build, what became good with the update? Usually I run blowthrough, firerate, damage, ammo, long burst with the lead spray overclock to have a kind of pocket shotgun
>>
>>303083
experimental rounds is pretty good with the same setup iirc
>>
>>298164
NOW
>>
>>295062
i can finally use inferno and neurotoxin
too bad elites now exist so this update is shit instead of great
>>
Does anyone have the numbers for detonator zhukovs dps and max damage? I don't think i can squeeze these off karl gg as it only shows base damage without accounting for explosions
>>
File: spiral_power.png (73 KB, 300x168)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>303053
I drill upwards in a spiral, but this is great.
>>
>>303268
i meant the AC overclock, not grenade. Grenade after extended testing ended surprisingly good outside of mandatory bounce and being able to be ignited which some faggot tard always fucking does. i really wish they made grenade fumes only be able to be ignited by the grenade owner.
>>
>>302945
why are you talking like a faggot
>>
>>303296
I love igniting gas nades whenever the retard throws it where the team needs to stand instead of where the bugs are coming from. I like being able to see more than I like 3 or 4 swarmers getting killed, plus I have thorns for that
>>
File: pachinko.jpg (52 KB, 386x469)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>
>>303314
>"where the bugs come from" when this is usually 3 directions
>thorns
>do shit
lmao
>>
>>303425
You can go ahead and be wrong, and I can go ahead and continue to prematurely detonate your brap grenades
>>
>>303433
enjoy being instadowned by 20 swarmers then left alone because i'm not reviving your retarded ass, assuming i'm not a host and won't kick you
>>
>>303434
Why would 20 swarmers down me? I have thorns on, and I can actually see what I'm shooting at
>>
>>303296
>>303425
>>303434
enjoy being instadowned by 20 spitters/mactera/any ranged enemy you can't see from inside the gas grenade
>>
>>303440
>he doesn't even know how thorns actually work
>he thinks that even if they worked properly they would prevent damage
stop playing oh haz 3
>>303442
>can't see glowing enemies not in the fucking gas
how does it feel to be literally blind?
>>
>>303444
bad bait
>>
>>303444
wasted trips
>>
>>303450
you mean trips of truth that hurts you too much
>>
>>303451
no i mean the trips were wasted
>>
>>303333
you're supposed to take both of the radius upgrades so that half the map is irradiated every time you left click, ammo reserves be damned
>>
>>303451
But they're not true, I don't play on haz 3. Yes, thorns only procs every 0.5 seconds or whatever, but so long as a swarmer hits me it dies, and I can actually see them coming in the first place, so it's a complete non-issue
>how does it feel to be literally blind
I wouldn't know, I don't let the gas stick around long enough to find out :^)
>>
Is homebrew powder worth taking on the bulldog now? Does the minimum damage you can do with it still exceed mactera breakpoints so long as you take the weakpoint mod?
>>
>>303528
lol
>>
>>303528
>trying to figure out breakpoints with an RNG OC
literally only useful for HVTs, if you're settling for something that can hit a breakpoint with the minimum roll, you're basically just building for all that extra potential damage to go to waste
>>
>>303535
>>trying to figure out breakpoints with an RNG OC
...Yes? As long as the minimum damage it can do exceeds the amount of health mactera have, it's basically a pure upgrade. I don't have any other bulldog overclocks, so I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth equipping, or if it'll be a detriment
>>
>>303528
It's not bad but really volatile bullets is the probably the best bulldog OC now as far as damage potential goes. Odd how they nerfed six shooter while just buffing another OC into a very strong position to be the one that everyone will pick now so the same 'problem' exists
>>
>>303542
read the next sentence
>>
>>303553
it's not going to waste if I'm shooting heavies with it too dum-dum
>>
what the fuck is it with today, retards seem to have come out in droves
>>
>>303053
>not just scaling the wall by spamming W+spacebar
>>
>>302655
Haz 5 for when I feel like carrying shitbeards (read: play tardwrangler with literal room-temperature retards), Haz 4 when I want to zone out and slaughter bugs en masse without a care in the world
>>
>>303615
you can't clamber when walking backwards
>>
Anyone have experience with using a maximized range fuel stream diffuser setup on the CRSPR? I don't have it yet but it seems like a neat setup. Not sure how crippling that flow rate hit will be in practice though or if you have to take the flow rate mod at the cost of ammo to make up for it
>>
>>303626
sticky flamethrower is the only way to turn it from garbage to acceptable
>>
>>303626
it does garbage direct damage so you'll either want to use it for sticky flames or heat
>>
>>303626
i'm not sure what you'd get out of a max range crspr, do you want it to kill mactera or something? because that flow rate penalty's gonna bite hard or you'll have less ammo trying to fix it

>>303689
>lol sticky flames XD
i bet you're a cryocuck who has all his builds spoonfed for him from reddit
>>
>>303626
The hidden positive of that -20% flow rate is that you'll be wasting less ammo
Essentially this >>303875
>>
>>303878
not my fault ghost ship is so incompetent they are completely unable to figure out to how to make direct damage flamethrower not suck absolute ass both damage and feel wise
literally the most antifun flamethrower i used in the games
>>
I find it funny that people still think the flamethrower sucks. I've been using it since long before it was made relevant, back when you had to shoot for a few seconds before the flame reached maximum length.

I've never had an issue with it. It's really good at what it does although might require more positioning than your average player can handle.

I think people are just too used to the ease of using cryo + axes to kill everything.
>>
>>303960
>It's really good at what it does
It's fine at best at what it does assuming it's sticky flames
remaining builds are borderline scunt autorifle tier bad
>>
>>303950
the crspr is fine, it melts swarms reliably which is the driller's purpose. are you expecting it to also kill specials or something?
not to mention face melter got heavily buffed this most recent patch so the "no damage" argument is even more retarded
>>
>>303973
i'm expecting flamethrower to have functional tank capacity and reserves, not literally nothing so you have to stick with sticky flames to not run out in 3 seconds
and face memelter getting penalties to range and already horrid tank capacity only makes it worse already
meanshile cryo has none of this shit, murders swarms just as well, freese is a better status than flame outside elites and it gets buffed too
>>
File: 1607818308863.png (145 KB, 276x281)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>303986
then use compact feed valves. you get more tank capacity and reserve ammo for trifling downsides of range and reload speed

the solution is right there and yet you're still bitching because you haven't bothered to do the research. then again, what more do i expect from a cryolet?
>>
>>303988
>then use compact feed valves.
and lose half the dps, genius solution flametard
>>
File: cfv.png (47 KB, 442x139)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>303994
it literally doesn't affect the dps at all, moron
>>
>>303972
Sticky Flames are bad. If you're not taking full advantage of the explosion procs then you're not using the flamer right and it's no surprise you think it sucks.

>>303986
I think my assumption was correct, you're struggling because you try to use it like the cryo cannon. Face Melter has only gotten better, the lower tank capacity does not matter because the damage is so high.
>>
File: 7676666565.png (540 KB, 2218x676)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>304004
>dropping damage doesn't affect dps
room temp IQ post
fyi 90 is worse than gk2 the absolute unusable trash of a gun
>>
>>304016
>karl.gg raw numbers
now i know you're just being deliberately retarded
please go back to wanking off over your cuck cannon, i can't wait to see your shit tier gun nerfed into the ground
>>
File: 1613076992805.jpg (49 KB, 811x609)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>Hear a huge swarm behind us as we get to the next room
>Check the map, maybe 30~ seconds before it gets to us
>Whole team is oblivious, I mine nearby and wait until the front of the spawn starts turning the corner
>A few spitters peek around, the wave is always 10~ seconds behind them.
>Blast them away with the subata to close the distance
>Pop my head around the corner and see the huge horde coming
>Let loose a torrent of fire
>10-15 bugs pop instantly, space is cleared for me
>Toss C4 forwards, activate dash to sprint backwards
>The center of the horde reaches the corner
>*BOOM*
>Everything is dead, a few stragglers sent scurrying from the blast
>Prepare to roast them as they charge towards me
>Engineer launches a nuke right at me.
>>
>>304016
>Heat Radiance
Yup, he's a cryobabby alright.
>>
>>304026
>i can't wait to see your shit tier gun nerfed into the ground
imagine seething so much at a single weapon in a casual game
>>
>>304030
based retard engy
>>
>>304030
based engy dabbing on loser driller
go drill a tunnel and not pretend to be bug slayer
>>
>>304050
you mean in the same sense cryocucks are seething because PTC got nerfed and they cant just freeze everything to win?
fuck outta here go back to haz3 now your crutch isnt in the game anymore
>>
>>304200
i'm not seeing any seething about ptc though? the downsides are borderline negligible if you know how to use the cryo cannon
i'm not even a driller main, but just seeing how mad you guys get just because of the mere existance of a weapon is amazing
just let people play what they want instead of being a tribalistic retard
>>
>>304184
The only tunnel I drilled was that engineers ass after I pinned him against the floor for his transgression.
>>
>>304239
If you run cryo you can freeze them and then chuck c4 at them
>>
>>304335
With snowball you can Flash freeze them so they don't see it coming until it's too late
>>
>>304338
Is snowball worth trying out?
>t. ptc and flowrate expansion only
>>
>>304493
if you run both ammo upgrades maybe
it costs what, 50 ammo for a smaller scout cryonade? p. sure the snowball isn't affected by freezing power or the range upgrade either
>>
File: sticky.jpg (170 KB, 1048x665)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Someone post a video of how to use a current-day sticky flames build, I must be retarded. I'm using pic related with the OC, I'm shooting in front of the swarm in short bursts, but it takes a third of my ammo to kill a swarm on 4 player hazard 5. Half the time the bugs just ignore the slowdown because they've got so much movespeed, and I need to reapply it 2 or more times in front of them.
I'm clearly using it wrong, because I get much better results out of a pure damage build with radiant heat and both ammo upgrades, without using any OCs.
>>
>>304518
draw the sticky flames as fast as you can to maximize ammo efficiency
>>
Is explosive reload any good on the subata?
>just use the EPC
I don't want to
>>
>>304608
I tried it out for a while. Felt very awkward to use, not sure if that was because I just didn't give it enough time or not but it doesn't immediately 'click' the way embedded detonators on the zhukovs do, if it's even fair to compare them at all. Damage was okay but ultimately it didn't really feel competitive with automatic fire OC with volatile bullets on burning targets. Even with a maximum ammo setup on it too you'll run dry incredibly quickly but its performance doesn't really seem up to par with the restrictive ammo pool.
>>
Why do people suggest minimal clips over active stability system? No slowdown on focus shots, faster charge on focus so you can get more DPS out there, and the only downside is a slightly longer reload time that's barely noticeable
>>
>>304630
Judging by the direction of changes in U34 GSG doesn't like focus shots on the m1k so OCs like minimal clips and hipster with hipfire mod builds is the way to go
>>
>>304608
I honestly prefer big mags (or w/e it's called) for subata. Lets me spam the pistol on flying/far away shit without needing to reload every second. Extra reload time really doesn't matter when you can cancel the animation with your pick.
>>
>>304643
>you can cancel the animation with your pick.
You can also cancel it with your laser pointer. Shit's been in the game since day 1 and I hope the devs never find out, they'd patch it out immediately. You know when you're depositing a bunch of handheld things, like enor pearls or gunk seeds, and it bugs out and makes you drop them if you try to shove them in too fast? You can laser cancel to set your 'hand recoil' back to neutral so that you can pick up another gem and deposit it without butterfingering it onto the floor
>>
File: wew sweating towels.jpg (31 KB, 426x341)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>blowthrough m1k with IFGs
HOOH
>>
>>304646
I actually learned you could cancel with the pointer first, but tapping M2 is easier. Doubt laser pointer cancel is even reasonably faster. As for spoiler seems nice but also not gonna be useful that often since animation cancelling while depositing shit won't be that useful compared to animation cancelling trying to kill shit.
>>
>whenever I use my mic in game people say I'm too quiet to hear
>in sound setting my mic has a volume slider set to 1%
>I try to drag across it to raise the volume and it doesn't work
wtf? I don't even VC that much in this game but sometimes I would like to be able to shout a command during a fight without having to type it out.
>>
>>304654
same
>>
>>304612
What's you build for volatile bullets Subata?
>>
>>304698
I've been bouncing between 21311 and 21211. The recoil compensator mod does make a noticeable difference but often feels unneeded since it's still going to be fairly inaccurate and usually is a close range burst/cleanup weapon anyway. Haven't tested it out yet but I've been meaning to also try a more brute force build running something like 21121
>>
>>304630
Because Active Stability System is ASS. There is nothing stopping you from jumping around as you shoot. If you've ever felt like you needed MORE mobility when you have a grappling hook to create as much space that you need, then you suck poop.

Also despite what people -think- Hipster still blows and was never good.
>>
>>304719
the movement penalty is merely a bonus, charging faster > a few extra shots + some reload speed
>>
>>304736
Oh, so you're using it for even less of a sensible reason... Carry on.
>>
>>304747
Yes anon, getting all of your charged shots downrange faster is less sensible than getting literally 1 extra shot in your magazine
>>
>>304750
It's a 20 percent bonus. Stop talking like you're saving seconds when it literally adds up to less than 1 over the entire magazine.
>>
>>304775
It adds up to a lot more over your entire ammo pool than an extra shot does
>>
>>304779
It objectively isn't. You lose 90 percent of the gained charged speed just from the reload increase. You literally gain less than 10 seconds over an entire magazine. This also completely glosses over the fact that you can't even reliably shoot faster than a its base speed because of the "recoil" that needs to drag itself back down to reset. Leading to situations where you're gambling in high speed situations even more to try and take advantage of this tiny increase in charge speed.

Yes, one extra shot in each magazine and better reload times will trump ASS every day of the week.
>>
>>304789
I will continue to kill things faster than you I guess
>>
>>304792
Meanwhile you're stuck reloading on the bigger HP pools on a weapon that already has abysmal reload times. You can't even hit all four of those shots within this space of time you think you're "gaining" because of the way recoil recovery works.
>>
>>304802
Why would I be stuck reloading when I can reload cancel on a weapon that already reloads incredibly fast? Where did this meme about the m1k reloading slowly come from, and why do people perpetuate it?
>You can't even hit all four of those shots within this space of time you think you're "gaining" because of the way recoil recovery works.
Werks on my machine, just aim gooder?
>>
>>304805
Why are you just parroting what I said earlier in an attempt to add credence to you ASStardation while having no idea how the cancel even works? You still have to spend the full time reloading, you just cancel the animation. It doesn't make your 3 second long reload any faster.

>on a weapon that already reloads incredibly fast?
A 2.5 second reload when you only spend 4 seconds shooting is a long time. It's more than half of your time handling the gun being spent reloading.
>>
>>304805
>Werks on my machine, just aim gooder?
When you literally need to aim through the recoil recovery system constantly pulling down, you are gambling. You can't do what I do on mistake even if you tried. Don't try to pull this git gud bullshit while talking about ASS.
>>
>>304812
>Why are you just parroting what I said earlier in an attempt to add credence to you ASStardation
???
Not everything is about you friend
>A 2.5 second reload when you only spend 4 seconds shooting is a long time. It's more than half of your time handling the gun being spent reloading.
I suppose the minigun reloads really slow then, considering all the downtime you have between waves when you're not shooting :^)
>>
>>304815
Good to know that ASStards really are fucking retarded.
>>
>>304817
>muh ad hominem
thank you for the concession :)
>>
>>304704
Thanks!
I'll try it out!
>>
File: file.png (43 KB, 512x800)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Rate my poverty cryo cannon build
>>
>>305077
i don't get it
>>
File: file.png (125 KB, 1109x724)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>305084
If you mean the fucked up screenshot it's just Firefox being a cunt.
>>
File: image0.jpg (77 KB, 912x312)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
whats with some pre bronze 1-2 players having such huge egos? these specific ones who trip over their egos also are some of the worst players i have ever played with. you know you can tell you are playing with one of them when they make your radar for them go off with some absolutely retarded shit they type in chat or voice at you, or some retardedly incorrect reaction they respond with when you try for multiple minutes to signal simple information to them (ex: downs you when you shoot him once with a low damage gun to get his attention because thats the one universal attention getter in deep rock)
>>
>>305315
I see more shitty silver/gold/diamond players than shitty bronze players. I only play haz 5 and the worst players tend to be a gold scout/engi, bronze are usually fine.
>>
File: 1614251612410.jpg (144 KB, 536x640)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>scout has sawed off jump OC
>so he never has to pay attention to make sure he's hooking somewhere smart
>so we end up fighting every single swarm in the dark because this dumb fuck just hooks away from it all
>>
File: 1617671931580.png (735 KB, 511x696)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
>>305315
The litmus test is to dig up a compressed gold, ping it, and then see if they do the same. WE'RE RICH
>>
>>304646
>I hope the devs never find out, they'd patch it out immediately
I'm convinced it's an intended feature. Any FPS game dev worth their salt knows to have shit like that because it feels good to do. Black Mesa similarly added reload switch cancelling in the retail release when it wasn't there prior in the mod version.
>>
File: 1606026607847.jpg (7 KB, 554x83)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>305315
>leaving up the nitra that's easily visible just so people can ping it all game and think you're retarded
>>
>>305351
>figure that the scout's doing it on purpose but ping it constantly anyway for fun
>>
File: 1602996319953.webm (2.76 MB, 640x640)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB WEBM
>>305347
I never ping compressed gold. When I dig it up I stick it in the MULE without a word because it's normal to me. This may not be normal to you, but for someone experienced like me it's just another day on Hoxxes.
>>
>>305315
>(ex: downs you when you shoot him once with a low damage gun to get his attention because thats the one universal attention getter in deep rock)
You've been going on a tangent about this dumbass 'issue' for weeks. Maybe months. Why don't you just fucking say something in chat instead of shooting them?
>>
File: 172732914.jpg (30 KB, 600x600)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>305374
>mfw I spot a gold chunk in the wall
>mfw I call molly over to it
>mfw I quickly mine it out and deposit it quickly so that nobody wastes time spam pinging it
>>
File: 1606031339037.webm (1.88 MB, 720x720)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB WEBM
>>305410
I tell everyone I play with no HUD, in reality I ignore all their pings until they leave the room.
>>
>>305412
Just play solo you massive autist
>>
>>305412
What was his endgame?
>>
>there are people who unironically don't salute
bunch of nigger leaf lovers
>>
File: 1616705436954.jpg (92 KB, 640x632)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
so, is there a general consensus that bunkers are for shame? lately a few games i join on haz4/5 for mule repair, people DONT want to fucking bunker for some reason
>nah just make a roof
>yea we almost died the first time for the uplink
>id rather look around frantically instead of at a murder tunnel and nearly wipe the mission cause of it
>>
>>305532
They're kind of fun to use every once in a while but I can't imagine doing that for every salvage mission. I'd probably never do it with randoms either but had a lot of success doing it with a group of friends a couple times. Terrain would have to be pretty fucked up to make holding out normally really that much of an issue though, at least from my experiences with salvage missions
>>
>>305134
not bad, but I'm used to dealing with the extra spinup time at this point, so I usually take freezing power in row 1
>>
>>305350
and yet they've gotten rid of q-mining, reloading during resupplies, and C4 ammo rounding up, among other harmless things I can't really recall at the moment
>>
>>305409
this is the first time I've seen someone post about it, and even I can gather from context clues that the people he's shooting aren't responding to chat, which is why he's tickling them with his gun
>>
>>305532
I've seen double detonator spawns in half the missions I did lately so I'd rather see them long before they're right on my ass
>>
>>305546
>and even I can gather from context clues that the people he's shooting aren't responding to chat, which is why he's tickling them with his gun
correct. good to see a correct interpretation instead of some retarded response based on a lack of reading comprehension, followed by a bunch of posts doubling down on it.
>>
>>305315
>mhhhh... should I write "plat" in chat or shoot my teammate?
>oh no he misinterpreted my very deliberate friendly fire as griefing instead of an attention getter! damn his inflated ego, if only there was a way to communicate with teammates without shooting them in the face!
>>
>>305650
read stupid nigger
>>
>>305653
make me nigger
>>
what would you have done to make update 34 not a complete dissapointment?
>>
>>305837
made sniper scunt viable
prioritize fun over weapon balance that was determined by 300 redditors
3-5 lootbugs (based on difficulty) now spawn in with every glyphid wave so you don't softlock yourself if you get shit generation for nitra or a retarded team
deletion of the overclocks that are shit beyond repair, and actually fixing the near useless ones so that they have a purpose
everyone now has access to the driller frag grenade, driller gets a new acid grenade that eats through terrain, strips armor off of bugs, but does minimal damage and leaves goop on the floor for its duration idfk, you try coming up with a unique grenade that hasn't been done yet. I'm open to the idea of giving him a radiation grenade, or an impact bomb, or whatever
>>
File: 1589325849813.jpg (95 KB, 381x381)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>305508
Ping it for me one more time, i missed the last three
>hook away across the room and pays no attention again

>>305532
Bunkers are fine as a last resort when you're alone and stranded from the team. But a group of 4 players should have enough area denial and visibility from the flare-gun to see everything coming and deal with it accordingly.
>>
>>305849
>made sniper scunt viable
What could possibly make him more viable? He deals the most damage in the safest manner possible. I'm more convinced that the people who think the m1000 suck either can't aim for shit or are retarded.
>>
>>305882
>>hook away across the room and pays no attention again
>gets kicked
>>
>>305882
>retard who doesn't listen to pings and ignores his team in a coop game
>scunt
like pottery
>>
>>305885
being able to hit the mactera breakpoint without needing to charge a shot
not having the massive pre-made "recoil"
supercooling chamber not being literal garbage
actually doing big damage with a pure damage build to praet asses instead of needing to unload a clip and a half
>>
>>305895
I'm always the host. I tend to just outright kick people if they ping too much and never do any mining themselves. Like if we're running down a connecting tunnel to another room and one player feels the need to ping every mineral patch on the way down but doesn't mine any of it or even pick up anything that falls.

>>305902
Teaches them to be smart with their time because I never said once I don't mine I just ignore what they ping and go for something they can't see. Most players end up catching on after the first 5-10 minutes of it and never ping anything out in the open again. Nobody actually needs you to ping anything, you're about as helpful as a hemorrhoid; go scrounge the floor for what you can get and leave the scout to what you can only point at like a deaf mute.

>>305904
>being able to hit the mactera breakpoint without needing to charge a shot
This isn't a problem. You can easily get 4 charged shots off before 1 spools up and fires. Yes on hazard 5 sometimes 4 isn't enough, but it's not like they're going to kill you when you can hook away after that final shot.

>not having the massive pre-made "recoil"
The worst part about the gun and the game in general. The way they handle recoil is not fun at all. It would be better if it just kicked up but didn't reset on its own. It's a stupid mechanic made to coddle.

>supercooling chamber not being literal garbage
I don't think this will ever be a good OC. It just doesn't work in a game like this, even with a grappling hook. You need to constantly remain mobile and anything that has you standing around charging your weapon is leaving you unnecessarily vulnerable.

>actually doing big damage with a pure damage build to praet asses instead of needing to unload a clip and a half
1 mag of charged does like 90%, just power attack or burst it with your Nuks. Or put down the mediocre cryo nades and take the IFGpill.
>>
>This isn't a problem
It is, you are too complacent
>You can easily get 4 charged shots off before 1 spools up and fires
I'm going to assume you mean 4 UNcharged shots, which is just wasteful for a single mactera, especially for scout, who already has the worst ammo economy in the game. Inb4
>ur just bad "x class" has worse ammo economy
>I don't think this will ever be a good OC. It just doesn't work in a game like this, even with a grappling hook
It did once, and then they overnerfed it
>You need to constantly remain mobile and anything that has you standing around charging your weapon is leaving you unnecessarily vulnerable
And yet everyone says that charging the rifle is a non issue because of the hook; which is it?
>1 mag of charged does like 90%, just power attack or burst it with your Nuks.
>He deals the most damage in the safest manner possible.
The latter two options requires you to get close, which while it isn't an issue, does mean getting up close and in harm's way, when you shouldn't need to in the first place.
>just shoot it with the m1k then
Yeah, except that doesn't change the fact that currently sniper builds for the m1k are pathetic, and should be able to kill a praet in one clip
>>
>>305924
>autistic scunt main not only takes pride on being the team's mineral bitch, but also thinks he's superior because he stays silent like a retard in a game where communication is important
kek
go get eaten by a leech 2000m away from the team
>>
>>305930
I've been in love with the M1000 since before it had its charge speed decreased, the charged shot rule change, and any recoil. It's not an issue with the basic attacks not dealing enough damage, it's an issue with charged shots + the recoil being too obnoxious to reliably hit during the combined sway of jumping + recoil shifting your aim. Making Mactera even weaker won't change anything

No, you can get 4 charged shots off with each charged shot being roughly around 600ms. It takes 3 seconds for a Mactera to shoot when it starts to spool. If you pick your targets accordingly you can even take advantage of the extra shot minimal clips gives you to make that 5 mactera dead before you hook away.

>And yet everyone says that charging the rifle is a non issue because of the hook; which is it?
It's a non-issue if you're going clean but to pick something like ASS which is literally such a neglible increase that you literally cannot take advantage of because the magazine size isn't big enough and if you make it bigger, you gimp the gun.

>The latter two options requires you to get close,
A non-issue. You should have no issue hooking the ceiling behind the praetorian, whipping out your Nuks in the air or landing a power attack as you fly overhead of it. After that you only have a few seconds of kiting before you can hook away again.
Just because he deals a lot of damage at range doesn't mean including power attacks + the Nuks in his repertoire into his damage output isn't safe. If you can't reliably get in and out with a hook when you only need a few seconds, play something else.

>Yeah, except that doesn't change the fact that currently sniper builds for the m1k are pathetic, and should be able to kill a praet in one clip
lol

>>305935
You seem flustered trying to make every assumption. Don't worry, I will revive you last.
>>
>>305940
>y-you're just mad
don't worry, we were all shitters once. no need to be ashamed of it
you'll (probably) stop being an autist someday
>>
>>305950
Projecting too, very nice... Did I step into /coopg/? I say something you didn't like so now you're going to endlessly respond because you're butthurt about it?
>>
>>305950
there's no point trying to convince him of anything, he's already committed to one perception in his little world, and nothing will change that, least of all facts
>>
File: 1590035413908.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
These new biomes separate the wheat from the chaff.

>>305957
What is there to even be wrong about? He's bitching that I ignore people who ping things. Who gives a fuck. If you don't like it then just leave if it happens to you instead of bitching on the internet.
>>
>>305849
Based post but nothing will be changed because 90% of people play on Haz3 or some shit. On Haz5 most OCs are downright unusable because you either don't do enough damage or will run out of ammo even while picking all the nitra. I also miss M1000 before they decided the sniper shouldn't make for a good sniper. Even charged shots on full sniping build deals pathetic amounts of damage.
>>
Whats the difference between elites and the old veteran bugs that were removed when we got new enemey types like the slasher?
>>
Swarmageddon + Lethal was fun but I don't see how it can be done without Flamer + neurotoxin driller.
>>
>>305976
I would love to see some of these players who say the M1000 suck play. Can you host so i can join? I want to see how bad you all suck with the M1000.
>>
>>305978
Old ones just had more hp and tougher armor, new elites have more hp, unbreakable armor, speed, and damage

Wasted trips
>>
>>306000
why not just record your own gameplay to put your point on display?
>>
>>306007
How am I going to see what is going wrong if I can't even watch it unfold?
>>
>>306022
How are we going to verify if your opinion has any validity if we can't see you're not a shitter
>>
File: 1604198931809.jpg (202 KB, 1845x527)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>306028
You've been given the option to prove it sucks and for me to show you that it doesn't afterwards. If that isn't enough for you than I don't know what is. Because this next response you're going to get is going to make you sour and butthurt.

My hour-to-level ratio is better than yours and I have more hours playing every each class individually than you have all of them combined.

You've been given the option to prove it sucks and for me to show you that it doesn't afterwards. The chance for me to record is low because I doubt I will be able to hold 166 fps with it.
So host the longest mining expedition you can find and I will join with my fingers cross that I'm not across the world with shitty ping.
>>
>>306000
Bro nobody cares how cool you think you are
>>
>>306061
This place is like a reddit hugbox. You are trash at a coop game, soak it in.
>>
>>306067
Gun sucks and your tryhardiness for XP and hours on a coop game won't change that.
>>
>>306048
You've been given the option to prove you should be taken seriously. If that isn't enough for you than I don't know what is. Because this next response you're going to get is going to make you sour and butthurt.

I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Deep Core, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Hoxxes IV, and I have over 300 confirmed revives. I am trained in glyphid warfare and I'm the top miner in the entire DRG merchant's guild. You are nothing to me but just another lootbug.

You've been given the option to prove you should be taken seriously. The chance for me to care about your 166 fps is low because I doubt it's interesting enough to hold my attention.
So hold your balls as long as you can and I will cross my fingers that I'm across the world doing something better with my time.
>>
>>306069
>>306071
I believe this is what people tend to call "cope". Everything must be bad in your hands... Looks like this place literally is /coopg/ 2.0. Nothing to prove yet can't shut the fuck up about how it everything sucks and if you disagree you're bad.
>>
>>306071
based
>>306072
cringe
>>
>>306073
You agreeing with the other shitter who thinks the M1000 suck doesn't change that you're bad. Even in coop games you guys get mogged and pointed out as shitters by people who can aim.
>>
>>306071
Based.
>>
>>306071
Basado
>>
Stop samefagging, you're embarassing yourself.
>>
Stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>Nooo more than one person can't think I'm an insufferable clown
>>306071
based
>>
I play Driller and it makes me happy.
Dig dig dig.
Shame nobody likes my bunkers, even when I build my patented "e-z fuck off escape tunnel in case of bulk" (tm) into it. I get compliments irregularly, but still they stay out. That's okay though, I like the melee of open-terrain as well so it doesn't bother me too much.
Still, sucks that the driller's unique skillset, when combined with the engineer, can really completely change the face of a confrontation if anyone actually gives a damn. Ah well, I still like drilling. Dig dig dig.
>>
>>306089
The only thing it goes to show is that this place is a mirror to /coopg/. You guys will go to any lengths to not have to prove anything you say.

>>306103
It's just an unrewarding way to play and that's why nobody uses it anymore. When it started to first pop up, it seemingly was used for every single encounter. People still abuse terrain when they can, but the days of everyone piling into the bunker for every swarm is long gone for the most part.

Instead of bunkering, flattening the spaces around areas that need to be defended are the best thing you could do to feel useful. Visibility is key in DRG and always trying to improve it for everyone makes killing easy.
>>
>You guys will go to any lengths to not have to prove anything you say.
lol same
>>
>>306112
>unrewarding
Agreed in some regards. I understand it's not high-octane, but it is undeniably comfy when the wave hits and you're just chilling in your kill box.
>>
I am not very good at the game because I have to play with 250ms so I can actually play with my friends but it is still a lot of fun
Digging is good
>>
Imagine playing this game where cosmetics,overclocks,perks,and dailies didnt exist,how boring would the modern gamer die from starvation,poor thing. I can never understand after 980hours over 3 years can anyone play this game to 2-3k+ hours,it boggles my mind because I know what that time requires to get those hours and they arent people id like to coop with,why do you exist?
>>
>>306119
You have friends on the other side of the world? My condolences.
>>
>>306288
>He doesn't understand the idea of game updates
Those folks have probably played 100+ hours of each major update, which is how they keep "fresh".
>>
engineer is fun to numberfag kills with
>>
>>305327
we get very different pubbies then
>>
File: 0 fucking damage.gif (237 KB, 320x320)
237 KB
237 KB GIF
>https://steamcommunity.com/games/DeepRockGalactic/announcements/detail/3048351062963572691
>elite enemies sent to the cuckshed
>>
>>306493
Community sure is full of whiners.
I liked when an elite showed up, it didn't make a huge difference but enough that it was pointed at and dealt with on a separate way.
>>
>>306503
I for one am glad they're rethinking bullet sponge enemies that don't add anything
>>
>>306504
They were already rethinking them and now they've been removed.
>>
>>306505
They still exist, they now just only show up in the elite threat modifier.
>>
>>306506
Same thing. I liked seeing faster and stronger bugs, each spawn was like a mini detonator alert that made everyone reconsider their priorities, and ultimately that's what the rework is supposed to lean toward even more; but now that they're relegated to some random threat modifier, I don't know if they're going to put the same kind of effort into them.
>>
>>306507
>Same thing.
Clearly not. They're probably not even going to be locked forever, just until they figure out a way to make them more fun
>>
Honestly probably would've been better if we were still in U33 and U34 was going to be the big update that U35 is promised to be instead
>>
>>306519
This. The update we got was rushed and it shows.
>>
It *was* called modest expectations for a reason
>>
>>306538
You can't have modest expectations when the update is focused on mod support and balance changes, especially if those balance changes seem to be done for no explanation, or by following a list made by 300 redditors (which didn't give explanations either)
>>
File: toaster.jpg (182 KB, 1060x683)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
Been running this with an explosive volatile bullet bulldog + fire grenades, and it's pretty fun. Far from optimal, but the bonus damage from volatile bullets also affects area damage, so it has some synergy with explosive rounds
>>
>>306540
why not use hot bullets instead of aggressive venting?
>>
>>306544
Because I mainly created this build to test out the new and improved aggressive venting, and I was having a hard time getting it to overheat without burning hell. I mainly use hot bullets if I'm running unstable lead storm or exhaust vectoring, since the heat buildup from hot bullets depends on the damage of your bullets
>>
what's a good sidearm to bring with sticky flames crispr? fire damage subata, or an EPC built for charged shots? i'm kind of leaning towards a plasma overcharger TCF build so I can have a grenade launcher in my pocket
>>
What are the odds this goes on sale before the big summer sale?
>>
>>306522
>rushed
??
it was literally just balance changes and mod support and elites. all three of which have managed to result in people bitching. are you just upset because your toy got nerfed?
>>
>>306544
speaking personally, i prefer AV over HB because i don't want my fire rounds to fuck over a driller who's trying to freeze something like an oppressor or bulk so he has to start all over again
AV also has a really powerful fear effect when it triggers, which has its niche
>>
>>306572
I'm using an explosive reload subata but it makes both weapons not too good for ammo management.
>>
>>306581
Mod support still isn't in and they've backpedaled completely on elites because it was such a half baked feature. Rushed patch
>>
>>306594
>Mod support still isn't in
probably a blessing in disguise, you should savor the moment while you can. client-side balance mods for weapons and OCs that suck are most likely going to become a thing of the past
>>
Pretty chill EDD this week. I was worried about the escort at the end but even that wasn't much trouble as a solo gunner. Must've just gotten really lucky with the enemy seeding though because it was just about the most ideal sorts of trash waves you could hope for. No bulks and very few oppressors either. Love radioactive exclusion zone desu
>>
>>306581
>lol u mad cuz nerf
Yes. I am mad that stuff like feedback loop and six shooter got nerfed for no reason other than "300 discord trannies did our job for us"

Stuff that was buffed wasn't buffed enough (see subata and gk2) while shit that was the only decent upgrade or oc (see feedback loop again) got nerfed because of "muh balance" in a casual pve coop game while the rest of garbage or niche options got nothing to make them more interesting or at least worth using
>>
>>306646
It's really baffling how terrible so many mods and OCs are in the game. I'm more inclined to think that as of U33 almost nothing was actually OP and the real problem was the good stuff stood out way too much in an ocean of shit
>>
I still don't get why the remote detonation OCs have to cut your entire ammo pool in half, like what, you couldn't have given a direct damage, RoF, reload, or recoil penalty?
>haha you have no ammo
is such a lazy way to balance these. Yeah, I get it, you never run out of nitra unless you're stupid, but needing to resupply after using the gun for 30 seconds breaks the flow of the game.
>>306650
People would rather tell you to gitgud with the garbage and screech about the fun stuff rather than bring the garbage up to the fun stuff's level. It's like they take such immense pride at being proficient with something terrible that they don't want their effort to go unnoticed. The worst part is that not matter how good they are with it, they're only ever up to par with the most average player using the fun stuff.
>>
>>306650
Is it just me or do the devs have a bias towards engineer? He remains the most powerful class even after all these updates while gunner and driller get the short end of the stick sometimes
>>
>>306663
it's more that almost absolutely no one realizes engineer's potential, so he flies under the dev's radar when they start whacking things with the nerf stick. the ones who do recognize how good he is tend to be smart enough to keep their mouths shut, and it's worked out pretty well so far. the only exception is when he gets something so broken it's hard to ignore, like in the early days when the breach cutter's damage was determined by your FPS, so people playing on ultra potato mode with 600fps would 1-shot dreadnoughts, and other silly shit like that. the only thing in recent memory that wasn't cash money for him was losing the 4p h5 swarmer breakpoint on his mk2 sentry, but gemini turrets got buffed in the same update to the point where they were the better choice anyway
>>
>>306663
Problem is the killing power of his turrets, to balance it all out they'd have to give him shitty weapons to compensate but that's just not fun OR tie all weapons to the turrets in the same way some OCs do.
I wouldn't mind the latter, not only would it make the class feel unique, but Engi has to have a weakness somewhere, you can't have both the best skill and the best weapons.
>>
>>306646
>metafag seething because the obvious best choices for either weapon got nerfed

not surprised, really
>>
i hop between using neruotoxin and area damage OC for gunner's auto cannon, and they seem to have the same performance so what gives? with neruotoxin i can let the enemies die off at low hp without needing to waste more ammo atleast
>>
>>306723
If an enemy is in your face you can't kill them without wasting a lot more ammo with nuero. I'd say the best oc for ac right now is just to go with splintering shells because carpet bomber got nerfed
>>
>>306721
(you)
>>
What are the best perks right now?
>>
>>306749
Iron will and field med on all classes for actives, dash is fine too. For passives always take vampire, its free hp. Take thorns unless you are using the ac/cryo/crspr or feel confident that swarmers and naeds won't be an issue. The last passive slot can be whatever, usually I take elemental resist, sweet tooth, or born ready if I have long reloads. Definitely take deeper pockets on scout / tcf driller.
>>
File: 1521006674996.jpg (62 KB, 500x420)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Redpill me on overclocks are they 100% random and I have to hope that I get an overclock I actually want or is there any way of narrowing my chances at least to a single class?
>>
>>306780
Some that you get as rewards for deep dives/core hunts are random, but you also get blank cores that you can use after machine events and choose a class to get the oc for. Its really random and slow to get oc's, if you really want them just use a save editor and save 150+ hours and a few months of time waiting.
>>
>>306669
how do i harness the power of the engi? what should be my turret setup?
>>
>>306830
see the thing is, its not your setup, its the dwarf's own skill himself
also your beard, fix it
>>
>>306830
I run gemini, build speed, armor break, and defender
The only mandatory upgrade that's objectively best for the turrets is armor break, since they aim center mass on the bugs and don't give two greasy shits about weakpoints. The Mk2 turret isn't bad either, but it lost it's main use when they nerfed its ability to 1-shot swarmers on any difficulty. Another build I've seen is gemini, ammo, stun, and hawkeye paired with turret whip, so you can manually get them to stun a few bugs, then shoot the turrets to nuke whatever is unfortunate enough to have been tagged
>>
>>306906
how do i use gemini to its full potential? i always seem to run out of ammo even if i'm active during combat
>>
>>306923
I just face the turrets towards where I'm going to be fighting instead of at the swarm, then kite the bugs around in the killzone while shooting at them
>>
>>306931
don't you ever run out of turret ammo quickly though? i find myself having spent almost half of my reserves by the time the first swarm is done most of the time
>>
File: platforms.png (1.34 MB, 889x665)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
does putting platforms over the drilldozer like this actually block the floating rocks? i didnt attempt to find out, it was haz 5 and the engie was a proven retard anyway
>>
>>306935
It does not stop it.
>>
>>306935
it does block the rocks, if placed high enough that the blast radius from the rock explosion doesn't touch the drilldozer
however, this also leaves a hole in the shield from the explosion, which engineers frequently forget to fill up, and oftentimes the shield isn't actually built up high enough to keep the rock explosion radius away from the drilldozer hitbox and becomes more of an obstacle than anything else
>>
>>306933
Not really, you just gotta use all your weapons
>setup a landmine or lure beforehand (optional)
>chuck a grenade, breach cutter line, or plasma burster into the first wave of the swarm
>mop up the rest with primary while the turrets deal with swarmers, low health stragglers, and chip away at armor on the tougher enemies
>throw down a landmine or lure if there's a second/third wave, repeat
If you're still having ammo issues, run extra ammo bags instead of build speed
>>
File: that ain't it mayne.gif (1.62 MB, 320x240)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB GIF
>pick up the game
>do everything I have available either solo or with friends or randos and have lots of fun
>run out of objectives
>no longer know what to do
>log off and leave for a couple months until the hype kicks in again

surely there's something I'm missing here
I feel like I could use some more motivators, like daily missions or whatever borrowed from other games, I'm so used to these skinnerboxes having a constant hook that I freeze up and stop playing when there's nothing to do in the immediate future
>>
>>306946
There's always the promotion climb if you're into that
Also try sticking around for weekly missions/deep dives
>>
File: gun;gun.jpg (242 KB, 1200x1553)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>306780
overclock your game and cheat them in
>>
>>306946
There's weekly deep dives and assignments for cores and farming to get all cosmetics. There's also promotions though it's kind of pointless except to look like a veteran. I'd find it hard to believe someone relatively new would have gotten every OC, mod, cosmetic, perk, beer, etc.Personally I just like playing regardless.
>>
>>306946
Rolling the dice on getting cargo crates/lost packs on random missions can be a decent driving force. Once you have a pool of overclocks then taking them all out for a spin can be entertaining, or a lesson on how bad many of them actually are
>>
>>306946
For me it was overclocks, then cargo crate unlocks, and then getting all the achievements
Now I have no idea what to do with my life
I guess go for all the forge cosmetics?
>>
>>
>>307216
God I hope that has an TCF style alt fire. Also lmao the GK2 is doomed to even further irrelevance

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.