[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 95 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1617320700562.png (1.71 MB, 1429x1245)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
The matchmaking update will either make or break this game.

What's new:
>Can now force the game to only look for opponents in your ELO (this means that your games may not be full)
>ELO system remains the same and depends on who you kill and who kills you
>K/D has no bearing on your ELO
>ELO based matchmaking can be disabled entirely for premade groups, but not randoms
>>
Hunt /vm/ server:
https://discord.gg/W6YQDJgpxw

Drop an LFG in your region of choice and hop into a voice channel, someone will usually join.
>>
File: tired.png (496 KB, 618x619)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>have to rat mode 400 more points
I swear to fucking god if Cucktek does another stupid ass event like this I swear I will
>>
>>293246
Ngmi bro
>>
Yesss i got an asus gtx 1080 for $175 off a friend of a friend who said he couldn't be bothered dealing with ebay. Maybe i can finally play on more than bare minimum graphic settings
>>
>>292249
They said theres up to 6 elo brackets. I hope the matchmaking will allow a range of brackets instead of just one bracket otherwise your elo will stagnate if you're only killing and being killed by people equal to you. The opportunity to kill someone ranked (slightly) higher than you should still be available
>>
>>293246
>Not even halfway to doc
I just stopped giving a fuck when I realized the only way I was gonna get the skin was to go rat instead of actually showing down on some hunters with my friends. No skin is worth it desu.
>>
>>293389
just wipe the server and you can farm to your hearts content desu. that's how we did most of it.
>>
File: 20210415175024_1.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>293302
Go with many blessings, my brother.
>>
>>292249
>your rating will be calculated on a “per game" basis, meaning your PvP rating is an ever-changing number and is no longer calculated over a series of games.

It's not skill based matchmaking, it's rigged matchmaking allowing players to wipe servers once in a while.
If you get smoked by mosin/dolches enough, you get dumped into a bot lobby allowing you to stat pad and run the gauntlet.
Once you do that, you get smoked in the next match. Not unlike call of duty engagement based matchmaking.

remember that the key goal of matchmaking is to equalize KDR to 1.0. Everyone should be allowed to win and feel good regardless of skill level.
The majority of players will benefit while decent players will hate themselves and the game.
>>
File: 1595366380502.png (317 KB, 500x500)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>ANOTHER event extension
>>
Is there a good way to practice aim on actual moving players outside of just grinding it out?
I'm not a great shot in general but I feel even less competent in this game landing headshots. I can land bodyshots well enough at midrange but end up losing most firefights to headshots while lining up my second shot.
>>
>>293508
Quickplay let's you get into fast action repeatedly with no consequences, although it doesn't really facilitate practicing with specific weapons. Otherwise, practice flicking on any old aim trainer program.
>>
>>293508
>end up losing most firefights to headshots while lining up my second shot.

This is me every fucking time
>duo partner gets downed in a multiple team engagement
>no one has seen me yet because I was lagging behind
>crouch up to partner's body in tall grass
>cant quite reach him for stealth revive, look around using vetterli deadeye
>spot hunter in a shed aiming at a different team
>have perfect shot on him
>put crosshairs on his head and fire
>he takes one step back as i fire
>blood splat off his shoulder
>frustrated but he took a lot of damage he'll panic into cover and heal right?
>he steps to side, i wall bang
>no hit
>he steps back into doorway and instant headshots me with sparks as I'm loading 3rd shot
How
I dont fucking understand how these people are so fucking fast at 1. Finding me while I'm in cover because i can never find people off just a quick glance, and 2. How the fuck do they all headshot me so fast every single fucking time
>>
>>293522
>>293508
if you're constantly getting headshot, your movement is too slow or predictable.
be a gamer and mix in ADAD, crouching, airstrafing, and erratic mouse movements
>>
huntchads...
>>
>>292249
terminus feels like it was tailor made for the ammo update while the centennial feels like it should've existed a year prior
>>
>>292249
I'm dumping this game and switching to chivalry 2 in a few days.
Community is too small and all they ever do is post spongebob memes in their communities.
4chan is honestly the best place to discuss it, but it isn't much.
>>
>>294037
Too small? Anything larger would just be more stupidity. Regardless, have fun.
>>
>>294037
>Community is too small
Who the fuck cares? It's not too small until you can't actually find games. Is playing a game not enough for you?
>>
File: 1617827260255.jpg (17 KB, 680x671)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>got the doc 5 days into the event
>completely burned myself out of the game
I regret it desu
>>
Every Thursday there's server maintenance
Server maintenance isn't an uncommon thing for most games
They give fair warning that they're going to do it
Every time the steam forums have an sorry out
I just don't get it
>>294037
>community too small
>switching to Chiv2
Enjoy having tornbanner abandon another game prematurely
>>
>>294270
>be me
>dont care about the doc skin
>half the hunters I loot have poisom crossbows
thanks for the hunt dollars crytek
>>
>>294018
Centenial is unnecessary. Just give the vetterli a high velocity custom ammo.
>>
>>294018
Both guns seem like useless garbage
I could just use romero until carbine or mosin I've it's unlocked
I don't see why I'd use either
Even more so if I didn't prestige
I usually have like $7000 on me at all times
>>
>>294869
I like the idea of both guns but they either need big buffs or a big discount to even bother with. The devs overvalue their levering ability, considering it sucks for both of them.
>>
>>294891
>considering it sucks for both of them
Levering is fucking great on the terminus though, it's a budget crown and king that can take flechette ammo and 2 tap dudes at like 30 metres.
Centennial sucks though, they either need to reduce the price, give it a faster ROF or make the levering usable.
>>
>>294917
I guess I've just not had good luck with it then. It's never been more than a 3-shot with flechette from medium range for me, and the spread up close is a lot wider than I'd like. In general I don't like the idea that the gun requires a trait to be workable, since without levering it's a shitty, expensive specter.
>>
File: DcqyIYhVQAAoevE.png (546 KB, 1199x668)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
think i'm just burnt out after 200 hours.
matches are squashing bots in server wipes or fighting against region hopping ping abusing niggers spamming mosin/dolch/frags.

the meta is genuine cancer. It's evident the devs don't even play their own game.
>>
>>295373
every time ive seen a dev play any video game they are bronze tier shitters with controller tier turns
>>
>>295373
>mosin dolch fags
all the more satisfying when I kill them with my sparks officer
>>
Is the nagant officer supposed to be far better than every other revolver except the uppercut, or am I missing something with the others?
>>
>>295998
Yes. The trade off is no fanning.
>>
>>295998
>compact ammo so shit range and pen
>very limited ammo pool, especially for a compact "spam" weapon
>still fires slower than any other revolver with fanning (except maybe the uppercut)

It's a great gun for it's niche but more specialized loadouts still outperform it. I mostly take it on fresh hunters who need some CQC ability but don't have fanning yet.
>>
>>295998
It's my favorite revolver even more than the uppercut. It's fast enough to make hunters hesitate and provides sufficient follow up damage if I hit my first shot with a long rifle.
>>
Can hunter bodies despawn? We killed a solo at extract, he died in the water behind the boat. We took the bounty and ran off to get the other token, and when we got back we were looking for his body to loot and it had just completely vanished
>>
>>296042
No, either you couldn't find the body in the water (it happens) or he had a buddy lurking somewhere who waited for you to fuck off before he revived the dude and extracted.
>>
>>296045
Well, the extract was the one near the light house and the water was totally clear, and he died in a very memorable spot crouched between the rudders behind the boat trying to hide from us. We were really sure he was solo because he killed the boss and took off with just one token, we retrieved the other from the boss corpse after we killed him. I guess he still could have had a partner that just didn't take a token and never took any shots at us, but thats just weird af
>>
>not burning bodies instantly
>>
>>296665
>not only burning bodies to force an engagement
>>
>>296761
So always and right away? Based.
>>
>>296767
the amount of times I've gotten kills because the retards decide to move out of cover to firebomb my recently downed pardnr never ceases to deliver keks. remember kids, when burning bodies make sure youve checked your surroundings
>>
>>296665
>not burning every body the instant they hit the floor
>even while their teammates are still shooting at you
>even before your team gets a chance to loot them or take their guns
>even after you're sure their whole team is dead
I know somebody like this. He always brings 1-2 firebombs per match, has died because he ignored the rest of the enemies to grab a lantern, and has burned perfectly good bodies when we were out of medkits. Instaburning is a mental illness.
>>
>>296787
Literally me except for dying. I don't need money or guns because I'm a prestige machine.
>>
>>296787
I usually burn the first hunter killed of a team to force the remaining teammates to get out of cover/concealment.
>>
>>296787
I know someone who is like this except with loot. If we down an enemy in a fight he'll rush headfirst to their body to get his 50 bucks even when we're in the middle of a firefight. I've told him to stop it so many times but he keeps instinctively going for it, I guess years of playing BRs have turned him into a loot junkie.

I always give the enemy a minute or two to fight back before burning. If they're just gonna hide in a corner and not engage us at all then of course their buddy is getting the lantern.
>>
I don't see the problem in burning, everyone that took a real loadout will have chokes.
>>
>>296855
Nothing wrong with burning, but I don't see why you'd do it unless a) you have no idea where the enemy is and they refuse to show themselves b) you know where they are but they're so entrenched you could wait out the timer before some action happens. If people are trying to fight you and you run away to hold their friend hostage so now you can camp inside your concertina shotgun lair, you're a big gay.
>>
File: Fire.jpg (283 KB, 1150x568)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>296787
https://streamable.com/39tpkc

>>296665
HERETIC
>>
File: file (4).png (3.4 MB, 2560x1440)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
>hmmm let me just re-peek the exact same corner my buddy just died on
>>
>>296906
because the game is heavily tilted towards defensive play. When you force a team to attack 2v3 or 1v2 via burning it makes your chances of winning even higher.
>>
I always burn bodies the second they die
fuck you faggot, why I want to see you sweat
>>
I love the setting of Hunt but the game stresses me out because a. about a solid decade of comp TFC has fried my brain and left me with zero self-preservation impulse in video games, and b. games where I can get sniped out of nowhere make me too paranoid to enjoy the game. Should I download it? If I do, I plan on just playing Quickplay because I don't have any friends.
>>
>>297355
i dont think the game is worth $40 if you don't have any bros to play with/intend to play solo
>>
>>297378
I already own the game, I just haven't played it in about six months.
>>
>>297379
are eye pea
>>
>Prestige for free legendary
>Get a shitty hunter I wont ever use
>Now I'm getting matched with people who have multiple prestiges and are a lot better than me
I made a mistake I want to go back
>>
>>297427
>wasted his first prestige bonus on a legendary
>not the enhanced xp
>already regrets it
NGFMI
>>
>>297435
Doesn't the 10% exp only count for that prestige? I don't think I'm gonna do it anymore, BBs are common enough that I can get most of the legendaries I want already.
>>
>>297436
yeah it's only for that prestige, but it's a really good bonus. Your hunters get bonus xp too so they level up faster. retire every hunter that makes it to 25 to level up faster, and once you're in the 80s with everything relevant unlocked you just don't prestige again and enjoy your hunters leveling up faster.

unless you're a badge whore and want to keep going up prestiges
>>
>>297440
Ah I didn't know it applied to hunters as well. Oh well, I'll just stay at p1 rank 100. Isn't the new MM changes soon making prestige not a factor in who you're matched against?
>>
>>297442
actually hold that thought, I remember a youtube video claiming it gave bonus xp to hunters but I just googled it because I wanted a source and I'm not seeing anything else that claims that. just the vague "10% increased xp" without specifying which kind of xp, bloodline, hunters, or both
>>
>>297427
>Now I'm getting matched with people who have multiple prestiges and are a lot better than me
Prestiging has absolutely no influence on matchmaking.

>>297445
It's just boosted exp. You only gain bloodline exp in set values after reaching certain milestones on hunter exp, which you can see in the post-mission stats screen.
The bonus exp is a good choice if you never want to prestige again, but otherwise take the legendaries until it stops offering them at prestige 10.
>>
>>297355
what region u play?
>>
>>297440
I'm thinking about prestiging for the 10% xp bonus since in the long run it'll give me more money, but I have a nice 40k I'm sitting on and having to grind unlocks and ammo again sounds like a pain.
Does it have that much of an effect on matchmaking? My hunt partner recently started grinding out prestiges and it's felt like our games have gotten harder. But at the same time I feel like I'm just playing poorly and we've had bad luck, since he's not actually a very good player. If it averages our ELO I imagine me prestiging would make matches even harder.
>>
>>297523
according to crytek prestige has absolutely zero effect on their matchmaking. They've made the claim several times and been fairly adamant about it, but who knows they could just be lying. I feel like my games got significantly harder after the first time I prestiged but that might just be because I was used to having access to good load outs and good perks.

Starting over really sucks, those first few games with a fucking winnie c + plain nagant and knife/fak/telescope and ONLY weak vitality shot are ass. And why the fuck is iron repeater so early then iron sharpshooter is fucking level 47? I wanted to use vetterli + pax at level 10 and realized I couldn't perk for it for 37 more fucking levels and just stared at the screen saying WHY
>>
>>292249
I bought this game this morning. did the tutorial, waited 5 minutes to get a match. killed 2 dude and got killed while doing the butcher.

Tried to join another game, waited 7 minutes. I set it as US East and US West for the closest servers.
Instant refund. the matchmaking is longer than fucking tarkov
>>
>>297921
bad bait 20k players peak and you waited that long for a match bullshit
>>
>>297921
I've never waited longer than 3 minutes for a match. Most of the time it finds one in under a minute.
>>
>>297921
It's not even possible to matchmake for more than two minutes because it will autofill you into a game once the "finding match" bar reaches the end. You're full of shit.
>>
>>297701
just karabiner to lvl 23 and get deadeye scopesmith the firerate on the karabiner is already good without perks. once you get level 12 you have the officer, pax, dynamite, firebomb, choke bombs and fusees if not flaregun so youre covered for the basic necessities. Sprinfield marksman with officer works wonders as does the sawn off winfield with a sawn off romero. perks are great yes but hunters arent useless without them.
>>
>>297455
>Prestiging has absolutely no influence on matchmaking.
I wasn't seeing prestiged people at all until I prestiged, now I'm pretty much only seeing prestiged people.
>>
sorry for the potato quality, FMJ on the conversion is legit
>>
>>298018
Many people claim that. Crytek has no reason to lie about matchmaking though. I think it's more likely that players just move out of the lowest skill brackets around the time they prestige.
>>
File: 1587496597702.gif (1.77 MB, 498x329)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
Are any weapons or equipment absolute garbage in this game? Im kinda new, and there are a lot of things I never use as far as equipment goes
>>
>>298195
Always get rid of the flashlight and spyglass. They're indicators you're new and they serve zero purpose.
>>
>>298195
all weapons are more or less viable depending on perks, more so is a weigh up in performance versus cost.
really strong weapons are the mosin, uppercut, dolch, winfeild swift and on a budget, the sparks and officer carbine. dont sleep on the karabiner or shotguns with slugs either. best gun is whatever gun you can consistently get headshots with
>>
>>298198
>>298195
>sleeping on spyglass
also extract with flashlight twice to unlock fusees and never use it again
>>
>>298195
The only ones that feel truly useless are the flashlight and spyglass. I personally don't see any reason to actually use decoys aside from leveling things up quickly, but I'm sure there's some trick for them.
As far as the guns go, they're mostly all usable. The worst ones off the top of my head are the specter compact and the starting nagant revolver. They're still perfectly capable and fill a niche, but they feel outclasses by other guns, at least with base ammo.
>>
slugs have ruined the game
you cannot push against them
they do like 100 damage to the chest at 30 meters
>>
>>298403
shoot them back then retard
>>
>>297701
yeah I agree I'm prestige 12 and honestly I'm looking at my hunter loadout right now, I'm level 44 and all I have for explosives is a fucking dynamite stick and a sticky bomb this shit is so annoying
>>
on second thought I think slugs might only be really stupid in trios
>>
>>298195
bornheim is kind of shitty just because of how expensive it is, AND it's a bulletgrubber gun
it's usable but I don't see why you'd take it over an officer
>>
>>298413
Personally I liked the higher fire rate and bullet velocity as a finisher or head clicker from longer range, but high velocity ammo swung things back in the officer's favor.
That said, I don't know if I'd want to buff it on the principal of it being a semi-auto.
>>
>>298416
it just needs to be cheaper
it used to only be like 80, that was maybe a little too cheap but 200 is way too much
>>
>>298411
I've recently started taking dynamite sticks with me when playing shotguns (with slugs). People feel way to safe behind barricaded doors. Blow them up and then it's poooooshing time. God I love poooooshing.
>>
>Go to Hunt Showdown's Steam reviews:
>Everyone complains about blatant cheaters
>Go to Steam Forum
>Everyone complains about blatant cheaters as well
>Go to 4chan Hunt Showdown thread
>CTRL+F "cheat"
>0 results

Every. Fucking. Time.

I don't own the game but I was thinking about buying it for a long time. So please be honest, anons. Is the cheaters problem real?
>>
>>298444
No. I have almost 500 hours in the game and haven't come across any blatant cheaters. Sound is significantly more important than sight in this game and many locations have very small cracks to shoot through. If you know how to listen to footsteps you can unload through walls because the sound is that important.
>>
>>298444
remember steam users are fucking casuals who cant tell the difference between a good player and a cheater. never run into cheats before, if I get wallbanged its when ive made noise when i shouldnt have
>>
>>298444
There are cheaters, but they're probably under .001% of the population. This game is just filled with all sorts of ways to get killed that you won't even understand you should be expecting. I killed a guy just a few hours ago because his gun was poking through the wall; wouldn't have happened if he'd had Hunter controls instead of Gunslinger. From their end, it might as well look like cheating.
>>
>>298487
> his gun was poking through the wall

Seems like a poor design, not a feature.
>>
im seriously at a point where I refuse to play with people who use scoped weapons
>>
File: file.png (144 KB, 520x212)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>298444
I've only seen what could have possibly been a cheater twice in the entire time I've played the game
>>
>>298487
This. My steam profile is filled with comments accusing me of cheating because I've wallbanged people in ridiculous ways like seeing someone's gun poking around a corner. This is why you play with hunter controls.

Ran across a few suspicious situations over 800 hours, but only one confirmed cheater that I actually spectated. He was just locking onto heads, but even then he was missing most of his shots because his shitty aimbot couldn't account for bullet velocity.
>>
>>298487
I think 99% of people's cheater complaints would vanish if the kill-view was better
>>
>>298493
It's a way to spot someone camping a crack in the corner of a building. If you want to do that with impunity, all you need to do is switch control schemes. But then you lose the milliseconds it takes to draw your gun faster. I don't see anything unfair about it.
>>
>>298529
I'm sorry anon I just don't like some of the iron sights.
>>
>>298487
>if he'd had Hunter controls instead of Gunslinger.
Whats the difference here?
>>
>>298444
Over 2k hours in game and I only ran into two obvious cheaters on russian servers ofc. one was flying around and another was headshoting every shot with chain pistol fanning over 150m.

Wall bangs are a thing and even the worst players get lucky. That's all there is to over 90% of cheating accusations. Don't listen to the casuals
>>
>>298899
>hunter
gun is lowered by default, press a key to ready it and then you can ads shoot etc
>gunslinger
gun is always ready at hip but always poking forward, spotted and killed a guy camping the boss lair because his barrel was exposed behind cover.
hunter used to be the only scheme but they since added gunslinger. as >>298596 said theres advantages and disadvantages to both. I personally use gunslinger but hunter is objectively better as your profile is slimmer with your weapon lowered.

I'll see (You) out on the bauyo, pard'ner
>>
>>298899
Hunter lowers your weapon when you're not shoulder firing. You need to manually hold your weapon up to shoot. It basically let's you peak windows and hug walls without your gun clipping through them. Imagine the sprinting animation but for just walking
>>
>>298562
This. There should be a kill replay where it shows your opponents POV at least 3 seconds before he killed you or something.
Why does this game lack so many things? Come to think of it, even spectate mode was only a fairly recent feature.
>>
>>299100
I guess the game has a vaugeness to it which I don't mind its kind of its forte it doesnt give you a whole lot to work with you just play but theres certainly some QOL missing here and there
>>
>>299100
Still wish you could spectate after extracting. I remember once in trios i was forced to either stay and fight a 2v3 or extract by myself and leave my remaining partner alone
>playing trios
>kill spider
>bounty team is heading to extraction far away from us
>partner banishes spider
>notice bounty team starts coming towards us
>partner decides this is a good time to go afk
>me and remaining partner pick up bounty
>start heading towards extraction
>halfway there afk guy finally starts following us
>to late for him, bounty team kills him
>me and partner stand around trying to decide whether to get him or not
>I'm pinging extraction, he's pinging afk guy
>i run for extraction
>he runs for afk guy
>he gets about 200 meters from bounty team and decides to turn around
>reach extraction
>can't decide if I should stay for partner or not
>say fuck it and extract, only had an empty avtomat i looted off a solo that match and a sawn off rival
I still feel bad about leaving him, wish i could of seen if he made it or not
>>
Pardners why does quickplay flood my body full of adrenaline how do I make it stop
>>299176
I made it and I'm coming after you
>>
>>298195
Springfield is objectively the worst gun in the game and it's still serviceable. There's no real reason to bring the combat axe for anything other than boss killing, but I still get enough kills with it if I get a poverty loadout, no rolling the dice on whether my knife will kill in one shot or not.
>>
>play solo
>get anywhere between 2-4 kills
>always just one more team that I can't handle and die
I know this game really isn't designed for solo play, but it's a massive dopamine explosion to walk out with a bounty or two after wiping more than two teams. Shame your only chance of survival is if the people you're playing against make mistakes, otherwise no matter how well you play you're at a disadvantage.
>>
>>299259
What makes it objectively the worst? I thought it was a decent budget head clicker because of the high bullet speed.
>>
>>299261
You're not really at a disadvantage unless the enemy team has the bounty and KNOWS that you're a solo. Everyone automatically assumes that you have a partner so they won't properly leverage their advantage against solos.
>>
>>299277
It's outclassed in everything except the price
Medium ammo is shit so you lose all your damage at range unless you headshot
The high velocity is nice, but it's still slower than almost every long ammo rifle
There's just no reason to bring it over something like a Sparks
>>
File: Spoiler Image (13 KB, 338x273)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>299306
>no reason to use over sparks
heh chump I better you've never been fucking poor oh fuck god it sucks send help
>>
>>299259
The springfield marksman is a great weapon and I regularly whipe teams with it. With the recent patches almost all weapons are usable, including the hand crossbow (finally). As long as you understand the limitations of your equipment you can always create situations that are favorable or more importantly avoid fights that put you at a disadvantage.

But yeah, there is a tier system for a reason. Finding a mosin is always an upgrade when you're running around with a vetterli. Officer is nice and all but the Dolch is superior in every way.
>>
>>299277
Literally a cheaper single shot vetterli
>>
>>299277
desu I only use it for the explosive ammo double springfield meme loadout.
>>
>>298532
I've seen maybe 10 actual 3rd party cheaters/aimbot/ESP etc. By and large the biggest offenders are people who queue into the same game as a solo on a different account and kill themselves at spawn so they can see where everyone else is on the map.
>>
>>299306
Medium ammo buff when?
>>
>>299563
How would you buff it though? Damage and penetration kinda has to stay under long ammo.
>>
>>298529
I get that, I feel like I just have a harder time impacting the game and playing aggressive with scopes. My friend loves the mosin sniper so every once in a while I play a sniper and humor him but I always take a lebel marksman or a martini deadeye the sniper scope is just too much for me.
>>
File: hunt falloff.png (26 KB, 823x433)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>299618
If this chart still applies, I'd just make medium ammo start falling off further than compact ammo but not as far as long ammo, instead of at the same distance as compact. Maybe the vetterli and pax could use a small bullet velocity increase too.
>>
File: 1418287516986.gif (1.37 MB, 320x240)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>matchmaking update drops the ELO of solo players
Holy BASED
>>
File: 1619263046199.jpg (32 KB, 620x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Whats the deal with trios? Do they get penalized in some way? Feels like they held all the advantages when I still had them enabled.
>>
>shitters on the forums already crying about the new matchmaking

I love how they explicitly stated that k/d has nothing to do with the elo in this game and yet the retards are complaining that the matchmaking isn't working because they're not getting matched with other 0.7 k/d losers.
>>
>>299703
In all the games I've played after the update I had way more single/double arrow down people than before, even with skill based matchmaking. Something's fucked.
>>
>>299804
I've had skill based matchmaking enabled and yet I'm constantly running into people with up arrows. Also encountered 3 teams in the past 2 hours who stopped fighting to tell me they were getting lots of lag today, which is a hell of a coincidence.
>>
>>299681
whiteshirt hands typed this
>>
>>299804
Same here, something is messed up
I don't really care that I'm getting people outside my bracket, but the stuff about only matching you with people in your bracket that they mentioned in the update notes is completely false
>>
>>299681
A monster boss only has two bounties, trios has three people. Other than that, nothing changes.
>>
>discord guys are playing again

What happened? Did we get an update or something?
>>
Oh shit, we finally got a good uppercut skin. Too bad the pack is 10 bones, the other skins are also nice but I don't play any of those guns.
>>
>>298397
I managed to get kills by tricking people with decoys 2 or 3 times. But maybe veterans know how to distinguish them
>>
>>300410
Yeah this is gonna be the first DLC I buy. Finally one where I use all the guns a bit
>>
https://streamable.com/ocrtqw

Real schizo hours
Take your pills and join the hunt server to play with ya bros

MMR update seems fine so far so yay crytek?
>>
Is the Mosin Obrez any good?
I don't want to buy this pack for me to end up not using half the skins.
>>
>>300484
Yeah
>>
>>300581
It's only the Mace variant that's bad?
>>
>>300621
It's not *bad*, there's just no reason to pay for it unless you're too stubborn to just buy a pair of dusters and can live with the increased sway.
>>
>>300484
iirc just an increase in recoil and less melee damage
>>
>Still no mace skin

Will we ever win mace chads?
>>
>>300653
>mace
>chad
pick one
>>
Is the new matchmaking really fucked up at the moment? I haven't had the chance to play.
>>
File: 1591513963920.png (22 KB, 370x320)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>managed to snag a few lemat shotty kills today
I love it so much lads
>>
>>300621
mace has a lot of sway, same sway as the drum mag
imo I'd say drum is the worst because the mosin already reloads more than fast enough if you utilise the clip
>>
>>299681
why would they get penalised for a separate queue filled with other trios you intentionally opted into as a solo/duo?
>>
>>300795
I've stopped using the rival sawn off entirely for the LeMat. No reason to go with the buckshot version over 2 LeMats outside of a barely longer 1 hit kill range
>>
>>300795
well done anon :) do you use slugs?
>>300844
my man the lemat is based
>>
>>300884
I haven't unlocked them yet, and I haven't enjoyed db rounds enough with the romero to try them with the lemat
>>
>>300891
I don't think anything other than fmj and slug would be worth taking unless you want to meme with dragon breath and fire rounds
>>
File: 1317935702875.jpg (61 KB, 715x337)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Haven't been getting deleted through walls the instant I see someone after the update. Plenty of wallbang attempts, but actually seeing the enemy play imperfectly is a welcome change.
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (130 KB, 720x538)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Is penny shot good? The description says it has higher power than buckshot but the actual stats say it has lower dmg than standard.
>>
>>298412
I feel the opposite. Tbh I've been having a lot of success from the shotgun custom ammo, slugs are great for dropping people very quickly (iron devastater is a blast) and flechette is effective at supressing enemy teams with high damage/high rof weapons.
>>
>>300999
The damage stat on shotguns is basically useless anyway, the range is what really matters. Penny shots afaik have a higher possible max damage when you get REALLY close but a much more random spread. It's only really useful for bosses and other things with more health than a player, seeing as buckshot will deal 150 damage that close anyway without sacrificing reliability at longer ranges. This is just the conclusion I've come to after using them a little bit and looking at the stats though, feel free to prove me wrong if you have more experience with penny shot
>>
>>300999
>Is penny shot good?

Haha gun sound like coins
>>
When is this going on a sale again?
Want to give it a try even though I have heard that there is forced mouse acceleration in the game.
>>
>>301030
This. C&K w/penny shot is a lot of fun if you got the cash to spare
>>
>>301031
>When is this going on a sale again?

I don't know exactly, but the game goes on sale a lot: https://isthereanydeal.com/game/huntshowdown/history/

>Want to give it a try even though I have heard that there is forced mouse acceleration in the game.

I've not heard about this from anywhere
>>
>>300884
Do you still get 4 shots with slugs? I was thinking about grinding it so I could get extra slugs for my Rival
>>300999
I don't think so, but I'm a luddite that eschews flechette because it has no penetration
>>
Are dum dum and fmj ammo worth the damage and velocity drops on the conversion or pax? I'm a caveman and always thought big number was better than status effect in this game.
>>
Crytek should've just made the MM changes without letting anyone know. Now all you see if retards whining, but I guarantee it's more confirmation bias and mind games than actually messed up matchmaking.
>>
>>301112
I like FMJ on the conversion, it's very accurate with fanning and you can just spam it into wood buildings
>>298075
>>
>>301148
>creep up to banishing at davant
>door in front of me slowly opens
>swing speed says someone opened it while crouching
>aim low and to side of door
>fan into wall
>3 hit markers and a porn moan
>aww ye

fmj is pretty based
>>
>>301031
no forced mouse acceleration but your crosshair and ADS point of aim is off-center, in the bottom third of the screen.
>>
Fuck this gun, it's so inconsistent. That second shot was centre-mass and he somehow survived a follow up shot.
>>
>>301318
That's why I stick to flechettes on it, its spread is way tighter and the damage falloff is forgiving
>>
File: double.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>301463
Flechettes suck for pushing though, take the rival slug pill.
>>
>>301506
surely you mean the rival handcannon slug pill
>>
>>301538
What are the downsides of the handcannon compared to the full size with slugs aside from 2 less reserve ammo?
>>
Reminder that fragbombs are literally free kills and you have no excuse for not taking at least 2.
https://streamable.com/5jl14z

>>301561
Even shittier hipfire accuracy for panic shots and more recoil so double tapping at distance is trickier. I might be wrong on this, but I also feel like it maybe has more damage dropoff over distance, I seem to always 2 tap more consistently with the full sized rival.
>>
File: you are flawed.gif (1.95 MB, 728x532)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB GIF
Why is the spectre a thing when the rival and Romero exist?
>>
>>300999
Its perfectly functional ammo but it IS slightly worse than stock shells due to lower range.
>>
File: styled on.webm (2.95 MB, 1280x720)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>301595
It's the only high capacity shotgun that isn't a meme. Terminus is way too inconsistent and the crown and king's ROF ends up being detrimental as you usually spam 1 or 2 more shots than you actually need. I wish I still had that webm where I pushed two teams fighting inside the bounty lair and 1 tapped 4 dudes in a row.

In most cases though you don't need the high capacity.
>>
>>301595
It's in-between the two for spread and range, while being faster to shoot than the romero and having more overall ammo. It's an all-rounder.
Granted, a lot of people probably prefer the specialized options, but a role is a role.
>>
>>301538
I think you mean the lemat slug
>>
>>301318
Probably lots of armhits too. Happens a lot when you're opponent is holding his gun to aim
>>
>>301506
This. Rival slug is currently the best shotgun in the game.
>>
>>301573
You should never hipfire the slugs anyway. I can confirm the whole double tap thing - feels like it happens a lot more with the short version.
>>
>>301561
Less headshot range, 15 vs 25 meters
>>301573
>>301789
The chest one tap range is supposed be the same according to the devs. The recoil is a fair point, but getting to take a medium slot weapon or even a rifle if you have quartermaster more than makes up for it
>>301608
based
>>
>>301602
With good rng the only gun i ever got a 5 second 3 man team wipe was with a crown & king
>>
>>294270
i basically overplay on the events and just occasionally play between. I do keep coming back to it though so its fun to me most of the time.

But if you play a few bad rounds i just get off and don't let it get me heated.
>>
File: big iron snipe.webm (2.9 MB, 1280x720)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>301931
Surprisingly dying in this game doesn't get me mad at all. I rage at other shit, but in Hunt it feels like my deaths are completely my own fault and I find myself trying to analyze why I lost and how I could improve.
>>
I think I'm pretty good at shooting games but I keep getting my ass fucked in this game as a solo player. I feel like my aim in this game is shit for some reason and it's really hard to practice with your guns. I would play this game way more if i could actually practice my aim against people like other FPS.

Maybe I need to start playing teams in order to improve then go solo.
>>
>>302179
Quick play is usually faster than bounty hunt and it’s ALL solo players, so try that to practice. The downside (or upside) is that you don’t have much control over your inventory, so don’t expect to get much practice with a specific weapon.
>>
>introduce forced ladder ranked matchmaking
>elo is hidden from player
>no visible ranks

why?
>>
>>302179
Same. I'm not the worst shot around, but something about the movement and projectile speed throws me off.
I've gone into the tutorial to practice the bullet speed since you can take your selected character and loadout with you at no risk. Quick play is probably what you want for actually fighting people without having to pay for your own loadout. The weapons are pretty varied so you can even try out expensive stuff.
>>
>>292249
>Watch an Episode of Peaky Blinders
>Get cravings for some bayou action in Hunt
What's your gamerfuel, everyone?
>>
https://youtu.be/Zb1tUbVO7pE
>>301112
fmj is definitely worth readjusting muscle memory for the 30m/s you lose in exchange for large penetration on a weapon that cheap with fanning you barely need to learn how to control
>>
how does marksman scopesmith go with the springfield, do you reload whilst ads'd?
>>
>>302750
just checked it doesnt
>>
The matchmaking system has completely ruined the game at a high level it's actually insane. I'm second highest bracket and have been forever, mostly play martini riposte or crossbow/uppercut, high k/d but not kd farming high. I just played ten rounds that were all disasters because nobody, not a single person ever pushed, and with good reason, because whoever got the boss was sitting in the fucking lair with every exit concertinad with shotguns never peeking ever. By forcing all of the good players together the game has essentially made the meta the rule, and the games meta is still not anywhere close to balanced enough to support such a system. It feels like ultra late wipe tarkov where only sweats play and abuse bugs to win cancerous.
>>
>>302758
This is what I've been expecting to happen. Suddenly all the 'good' players with high KDs have nobody to farm anymore since they're bound to play against other sweatlords. I bet soon you'll hear the first streamers crying about it or turning skill based matchmaking off because it ruins their retarded streams and YouTube highlight reels.

The meta is fine btw. You deal with these camping retards as you always did. Wall bang them into oblivion, throw in all your nades or just let the time run out on them. But yeah, no more short easy games.

I'm not sure in which bracket I am (it's been months since I've seen a double arrow up) but it's not nearly as bad as you're saying.
>>
>out rof's a mosin player with my karabiner
gg too bad his team mate got me up close with dual pistols
>>
File: springfieldmarksman.jpg (18 KB, 1002x306)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
for me? its the springfield marksman
>>
>>302758
>at a high level it's actually insane. I'm second highest bracket and have been forever,
proofs?
>>
>boss banishing
>we get there quite late
>push the boss lair and kill the team inside
>take the bounty
>still 2 teams outside
>one of them pushes us and we narrowly wipe them
>still another team outside
>we've lost some hp so we decide to wait on them to push
>minutes go by and they don't
>tired of waiting so we decide to push them
>every time we push they just run back
>literally chase them from alain to port reeker
>fuck these pussies, turn back and run for an extract on the opposite side of the map
>2 minutes after we extract I get a comment on my profile in broken English
>"fucking pussy don't fight just run extract"

I love this game, but I swear some of the people that play it are the biggest fucking retards I've ever seen.
>>
>>302737
>>301112
>>301148
>>301152
give pax fmj you cowards
>>
File: buntline.jpg (42 KB, 667x545)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>302941
give pax a stocked variant too
imagine a 2-slot pax precision with fmj
>>
>>302941
I wholly support this
>>
>>303029
oh god please
>>
File: 1612224585677.jpg (43 KB, 468x388)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>302758
>>
>>302890
>biggest retards I've ever seen
I know what you mean, I'm constantly getting matched with people that always have to shoot/stab immolators when I'm in the middle of punching them. I just extract if they cost me a health bar now
>>
>>299650
WTF, BUT SOLO MEANS YOU ARE LITERALLY ONLY HAVING THE ODDS STACKED AGAINST YOU FUCK CRINGE-TEC
>>
>>302758
it's always like this in every game with mmr.
apex legends devolves into hiding in corners and using controllers for their broken aim assist

the vast majority of players benefits from skill based matchmaking. It's only the higher ranks who suffer as the game grinds to a halt.

but everyone hates people better than them so you have no choice but to drop the game or find a way to tank your elo, which some people are already doing
>>
>>302241
>people complain that matchmaking isn't fair
>people are delusional, just look at all the MMR complaints about games like CoD from actual "pros"

I'm of the opinion that matchmaking is essentially useless in a game like Hunt and being put with absolutely useless prestige 70+ players in the last days have only confirmed that view to me, that said as long as they can keep the sweats away from the noobs long enough for them to get hooked I'm fine with it.
>>
>>302758
So go camp the exit instead what's the problem?
>>
>>301935
Have to agree with you ever since the matchmaking update. The matches are easy enough that my deaths make me feel like I fucked up and could've done better, compared to a month ago when it felt like half my deaths I had no chance regardless against that caliber of opponent.
>>
>>303562
That guy is just full of shit. Even if the matchmaking sucks, they did one thing right, which was not introducing ranks and visible mmr. If they had then this game would've turned into another cancer competitive game where everyone is out to boost their gamer ego by raising their visible rank.

I'm in what I presume to be the highest elo bracket (based on the fact that I haven't killed or been killed by an up arrow in ages) and I've noticed literally 0 difference with how the game is being played.
>>
Think they'll ever do the sawn off C&K?
>>
>>303715
I think the terminus handcannon is the closest they'll get to a 2-slot fast shotgun.
>>
File: 1617939790175.jpg (26 KB, 464x461)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>302758
Sounds like a top brackets problem then, not mine.
>>
/h:svm/ whats the consensus on the winfield aperture
>>
>>304391
cringe
>>
>Use expensive build
>die shamefully
>use bog-standard Romero W’ nagant
>kill 3 people and extract with bounty
Just can’t beat the basics I suppose…
>>
>>304404
>forget to bring medkit
>kill 2 teams and extract with bounty
>forget to bring melee
>run the gauntlet
>accidentally bring a free recruit with no changes
>wipe the server
>bring quartermaster crown and king+obrez
>die at the first clue
Just the way it goes in the bayou.
>>
>>304404
>>304421
its the mentality you have when you have nothing to lose, you play aggressively and make risky but rewarding plays. using high level gear makes you over cautious, just gotta remember everything is expendable in the swamps
>>
>>304404
Maybe it's just poorfag cope but I think the romero and rival are legitimately better than the crown & king for general use.
>>
>>304391
Not really sure why it exists. Aperture sight sucks. The baseline winfield is good enough, but the Swift is the best "something extra" variant since it's basically the same gun but lets you reload faster if you fully empty the gun.
>>
>>304544
But you can toggle the aperture sight. It provides around the same level of zoom as a deadeye scope, I've found it quite useful for hitting shots that would've been just a bit too difficult to hit with the standard level of zoom.
>>
>>304546
original poster here, I was thinking this. Its not much more for it and the benefit of the swift is hit and miss as the winfield mag is massive and with a quick reload per bullet normally you can fit one or two in between shots as you get in cover. Unless youre not making full use of your down time or you're going ham with levering I can't actually imagine a senario where the swift would be a necessary pick
>>
>>304391
Press weapon fire mode to flip down the aperture, now it's serviceable
>>
>>304391
if you like the sight sure why not, it just cuts out a lot of visual information in the area adjacent to the crosshair
besides the sight itself it's the usual argument of if you get good at just regular ironsights then stuff like deadeye variants are a waste of a little bit of extra cash (and miniscule swap speed difference) besides the 1 point scopesmith trait that the vetterli and nagant precision have
>>
I've been regularly playing with bomb lance loadouts and I'm noticing a problem--when I reload the bomb lance it automatically stays in the "aim" mode as if I'm holding the right-mouse button. I can't tell you how many times I've wasted a shot when trying to swing the bomb lance immediately after reloading a shot.

Does this happen to anyone else?
>>
fucking rival slugniggers are fucking faggots
>>
File: nephi.gif (1.41 MB, 498x373)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>304800
>your shotgun is shit your shotgun is shit your shotgun is shit!
>your shotgun can't suddenly be good!
>>
File: 20210503104008_1.jpg (23 KB, 540x250)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>have no friends to play Hunt with
>play with randoms
>shit-based matchmaking is forced on when playing with randoms
>randoms are fresh install babies
>all my matches have been against sweats who clearly have more time in the game than me and saying "uh you and these guys are equally skilled"
And for reference, I'm a 1.02 KD with a mere 300 hours in the game. I think I'm just gonna uninstall; somehow my games were better when the mm was "broken" than whatever stupid ass shit they call this.
>>
>>304829
Play with the discord, you can usually find a trio in the evenings or during the weekend.

It's not really a fault of the new matchmaking system, the k/d farming twats are now abusing the matchmaking by tanking their elo down and then farming lower elos. These autists have always been an endemic problem with Hunt and they will find any way to abuse the game in order to increase their k/d ratio. If you play the game normally then it doesn't matter how good you are, it's impossible to maintain a k/d above 3.5 or so. Look at the best players on twitch, they all have k/d's similar to that. If you see anyone above 4 then they're either a godly player of unprecedented skill, or they abuse the game.
>>
I love playing 3s with randoms and seeing the loadouts these people play with. Like 4 vitality shots. What could you possibly need 4 vitality shots for?
>>
>>304853
There have been numerous situations where I've run out of healing even with doctor, frontiersman and 2 large vit shots. 4 vitality shots used to be the meta among high skill players before they introduced consumable boxes and made it so looting dead hunters always gave you tools and consumables first. Now with the high availability of healing on the map 4 vit shots is probably overkill, but could still be useful in long fights.
>>
>>304860
If you need 4 vitality during a match you're just bad.
>>
>>304730
Something similar has happened to me when using melee mid reload where the gun gets stuck in the shoulder fire position. Swapping to a tool or consumable usually fixes it for me
>>
>>304829
region?
>>
>Finally got my first intentional headshot today.
Feels good
>>
File: 1586383769232.png (135 KB, 233x290)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>305151
>never land any headshots for dozens of hours
>get my first intentional headshot and something clicks
>slowly getting more and more headshots and winning more fights
There's nowhere to go but up, anon
>>
>>305151
>>305158
>pick up the winfield
>suddenly realize just click heads
>click heads
>...
>profit???
idk why it took me this long, that said the sights on the winfield are real nice and user friendly
>>
>win 2v1
>second team immediately arrives and kills me
oh boy cowboy does this feel bad
>>
>>305445
>instant teamfight at first compound
>another team walks in just as that one is winding down
>after 3 minutes, finally kill them, last man standing
>get my partner up, go to look for a medkit instead of healing because surely we can get a break now
>15 seconds later get bodyshot from 70 meters by a new team
I love the chaos of duos though. Some matches are just pure mayhem. Trios it's too easy to figure out what the entire server got up to.
>>
>>305453
unlucky pardner, I just prestiged so every kill I get bumps me up a level anyway and the weapom exp is good, plus I'm using free hunters with cheap gear so can't complain. Best part of it all is that I'm killing mosin fags with my winny vandal and sawn of romero, feels good to not be a gearfag, let alone one without aim
>>
File: 1617123039358.jpg (89 KB, 960x950)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>diddle retards anytime I whip out a vandal winny
>shit the bed anytime I use a fullsize winny
lads
>>
File: why.jpg (62 KB, 976x850)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>that friend who always brings a crossbow and trip mines
>"I can shoot the dynamite so it goes off earlier"
>puts random traps down around the map instead of the lair when we're defending it
dude you overthink it just grab your winfield and start blasting
>>
Why am I getting high ping issues every fucking game
>>
>duos
>parish banishment in progress
>I rush into boss lair, partner still outside
>he starts fighting a duo, downs one
>I knife the first guy in the lair, shotgun the second
>we take bounty and run
>2 teams waiting at extraction
>fight starts I get downed
>team mate the wild animal kills them both
>we extract as the second team closes in
man this game is exhilarating
>>
I just left the lobby with some guy who was only taking a winfield and no secondary weapon. I asked him and he said he doesn't need a secondary weapon...lol. I just left.

It's almost as bad as the retards who don't bring a first aid kit.
>>
>>305618
what a nigger even if you "dont need" a secondary bring a fucking nagant for the fucking ammo pool
>>
File: 1618883993014.jpg (43 KB, 531x471)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>304404
>dumpstering a mosin dolch/specter uppercut duo as a solo with a nagant/romero and 2 sticks of dynamite
>>
>>293501
I'll never understand this whine about matchmaking. It massively improves game quality on the above average end by filtering out retards that barely know how to use a mouse. The game gets harder because you're playing people on more equal skill levels to you. If you're the type of player to get smoked multiple matches in a row with no recourse then you're the bot. The team sizes are way too small with too many teams in this game to do a more traditional random matchmaking + skill balance with the found players.
>>
>>305540
Your buddy is smart for bringing traps, but stupid for not putting them on explosive barrels. I've gotten at least 7 kills in the last couple weeks that way.
>>
The akimbo Dolch fears the $5 axe
>>
How much better are frag bombs compared to regular dynamite sticks? Going off the stats page they have a bigger lethal radius but less actual damage. Is that extra 2m that big in practice?
>>
>>305811
akimbo dolch almost loops back to being chad again, there's no reason to ever use that except to flex how much money you have
>>
>>305847
He was also using the nitro express and was Russian. Does that swing it more or less towards Chad status?
>>
File: partial arts.webm (1.34 MB, 460x258)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB WEBM
>>305828
dynamite is better for general destruction but frag's extra radius does help with flushing people out of hiding spots. I would say that dynamite is a bit better though because its cheaper.
>>
>>292249
>all those lanterns
>and then his corpse teleports outside after he falls on the floor
what the fuck just happened
>>
>>305889
full special ammo? more chad definitely
this is a man who goes into a match knowing exactly how much ammo he needs to demolish the entire server with his 2500$ cock extensions
>>
Man fuck night maps, what the fuck. For the first time ever I actually got spooped by another player and froze for a moment trying to process how to handle the situation

>see glow in distance
>its rapidly approaching
>its a giant ball of pure white light and its blinding af
>start hearing the strangest fucking noise, like radio feedback and buzzing
>realize its from voip
>name is just a bunch of boxes
>hear a heavily distorted "be not afraid" in the noise
>ball of light is almost on top of me
>actually spooked for a moment before remembering its just a player with a fusee
>can't actually see them because fusee is blinding on night maps
>shoot center of light twice and get hit markers, death sound
>ball of light just stops moving because he dropped the fusee on top of himself
>really want to go check body but dont want to step into fusee light and get shot
>just leave

That was actually kind of creepy
>>
File: 1619411494653.jpg (240 KB, 2048x1144)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>Matchmaking gets "fixed"
>Get dumpstered every match by guys that get headshots every time they click
>>
>>292249
Getting used to hunter controls because I like how you hold your weapon when not aiming, makes it more immersive.
>hipfire is hold
>ADS is toggle
If you use it this way it really doesn't effect your speed at all since you can just let go of right click to immediately go into a sprint.
>>
File: 1522568980341.png (296 KB, 600x638)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>305995
>friends play on gunslinger controls and refuse to switch
>don't track people as well because their fov is small
>see their guns always sticking out of walls and around corners
>sometimes alt tab at the beginning of a match and accidentally shoot their gun clicking back in
I don't want to be a snob or controlling about it but it really triggers me sometimes.
>>
>>306012
i feel your pain
>>
Is there a minimum range on some of the weapons? Where you can get close enough to a hunter and they cannot hit you because the barrel of their weapon is now behind you.

I ask because I ran up to knife a hunter recently. This hunter had a sawed-off and it looked like he was aiming at the center of my screen when he fired but missed. I knifed him to death. Some of my friends were also goofing around in a match while we wait for our third to return from AFK. The AFK player had a long barreled weapon and if we got close enough, the AFK player's model would start raising its barrel like it was trying to avoid clipping.
>>
>>306264
No, bullets originate from your point of aim and not the gun barrel. Despite being able to see your playermodel if you look down, the 3rd person animations do not line up perfectly with your 1st person view, so even if it looks like the dude was aiming right for you it might not have been the case.
>>
>>293522
>Finding me while I'm in cover
Are you playing with headphones? When I get nicked, I have found that headphones with the audio in this game lets me really narrow down what direction the shot(s) came from. If the hunter you are shooting at is in a shed, they might be peaking through the gaps in the boards to find you.

>How the fuck do they all headshot me so fast every single fucking time
You aren't moving enough. Trying to play peakies in this game is a losing battle. If I lost sight of a target, I would either move around or advanced. Just don't remain where you were.
>>
>>305964
It's just weird, I've heard this happening a lot, but over here my matches have gone from intolerable to tolerable. ~1.4 k/d just for context.
>>
Post favorite guns and KD
>Crossbow
>Rival Slugs
>Rival no slugs
>Conversion FMJ with fanning
>>
>>306448
>Springfield
>Romero (full length)
>Spectre /w Slugs
>Normal Conversion pistol
>Winfield Swift/Aperture

My KD used to fluctuate around 1.8, until the event started and I started getting shat on for weeks, nowadays it's hanging around 1.5 to 1.6
>>
>>306448
Crossbow
Rival Slugs
Romero
Sabre
>>
>>306448
bomb lance
conversion uppercut
knuckle duster and first aid kit
2 dynamite sticks, the 3600 s antidote shot, and molotov
1.63 k/d
>>
File: gnzl80s3fcx61.png (1.02 MB, 1024x768)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
Soon
>>
>>306634
why are you lying to me you know it hurts me
>>
>>306634
I hope there's more vertical space in this. The current maps are so flat. A big rushing river and a waterfall through some mountains would be kino
>>
>>306448
>Romero
>Rival + slugs
>Martini riposte
>Pax
>1.3
I may not be very good, but I have fun. Some day I'll learn how to actually aim.
>>
>>306448
>Rifle: Vetterli
I like the sights
>Shotgun: Romero hatchet
Got my first kill with it
>pistol: Nagant officer brawler
Great pistol that saves a tool slot
>melee: knuckleduster
I like punching zombie heads more than stabbing them
>>
>>306693
and my k/d is 0.7
>>
>>306448
>Martini Henry Riposte, Winfield Swift, Romero Hatchet, Uppercut
I still consider myself relatively new and bounce around the arsenal a lot, but those are the guns I always feel satisfied with. KD is at 1.1.
>>
>>306643
They did say summer, I'm guessing it's gonna be at least 1-2 months before they release it though.

Hopefully we don't get another content drought like we did before the custom ammo update, I hope that we get at least another medium sized update before we get the map.
>>
>>306448
>mosin / dolch
>lebel / bornheim
>spectre / uppercut
>rival / pax
>winfield HV / officer
>martini / officer

>>
Crossbros what bolt types do you usually take? Double down on shotbolt since it's the most consistent?
>>
>>306930
One normal and one shotbolt.
Explosive is a fucking meme and I like to have some backup normal bolts in case I need to shoot grunts or something.
>>
>>
>>306964
>dual weild and shotgun
what dont you want to hit anything past 10m?
>>
File: 1614199004961.gif (1.86 MB, 228x170)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>blast a dude with both barrels from a rival through a dog kennel
>he lives
>proceeds to jump, do a 720, unzip HIS rival and one tap me through the same kennel
how do you refund a game you've already put a few hundred hours into, asking for a friend
>>
>>306988
owned lol
>>
File: 1506572809300.jpg (123 KB, 800x800)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>306992
>>
>>306988
owned lol
>>
Model 1858 that you swap out the entire cylinder for a reload when?
>>
>>306943
I stopped caring about the crossbow after the custom ammo update. It takes forever to unlock now.

But I imagine shotbolt/explosive to be great for pushing through concertina or blocked doors
>>
>>306974
I mean I got them, didn't I?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.