[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 72 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there any multiplayer FPS worth playing beside CSGO and Siege ?
>>
>>291625
Quake champions
>>
>>291625
tf2 of course
>>
>>291625
There hasn't been a new multiplayer FPS worth playing since Halo 3 in 2007.
>>
valorant
>>
>>292026
obviously console fags need not apply
>>
>>292026
pure insanity
>>
>>291625
>Siege
wew
>>
>>292043
Tribes Ascend or Planetside 2 is probably the closest to something that was actually new and exciting that has happened in multiplayer since Halo but both of those games are dead and were made to be dogshit with patches.

Everything we play today is just rehashes of shit we have seen done to death, nothing is new and exciting anymore, that dunkey quote "the bar for multiplayer shooters is so low right now that people are playing Valorant" comes to mind.
>>
>>291625
Titanfall 2.
>>
>>292017
I second this
>>
>>292017
I doubt OP could grasp or adapt to it considering he's used to snail paced garbage
>>
>>293086
It's slow as fuck compared to Quake 1 or Titanfall2, mate.
>>
>>293093
still faster that CSGO and Siege
>>
>>291625
Insurgency Sandstorm? I put 1.3k hrs in insurgency, I don't play vidya anymore but I liked sandstorm
>>
>csgo
>worth playing
No
>>
>>292019
This
>>
>>292019
team fortress 2 or titanfall 2 ?
>>
>>292019
Yeah maybe if this was 2010.
>>
>>291625
If those are supposed to be the best two FPSs then there aren't any worth playing. This timeline sucks ass.
>>
>>292017
If the engine wasn't shitting itself half the time, maybe.
>>
>>291625
>gunz
>s4 league

If those still exist
>>
>>292017
quake champions is not a bad game but it runs like shit and the balance is fucked, anon try with apex legends, I have a shitton of fun with that
>>
>>294752
I miss gunz, private servers with a playerbase of the same 100 tryhards just aren't the same.
>>
I want to play something that has the same feeling/gameplay as Cod 2
>>
Modern: Rust, Apex Legends, Valorant, Titan Fall 2, Tarkov, COD: Warzone, Overwatch, Quake Champions, Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Old: Quake 1/2/3, Action Quake2 Mod, TF1/TF2, Old School Doom via ZDaemon, Unreal
>>
valve is making a new game soon. they're busy trying to negotiate with hi-rez to buy the tribes ip so they can make a new tribes game on the source engine. they're also going to fix up the gameplay a little by adding air control at low speeds, nerfing splash weapons and nerfing chaingun damage so that there's more dodging in the fights, and gunplay feels more fun and skillful. they're also trying to decide whether to use vulkan or directx12 for source 2. valve is aiming for a 2025 release date but with valve time it will prob be 2027 q4 at best.
>>
>>296009
source?
>>
>>296009
i fucking wish
>>
krunker
>>
>>292019
This
>>
>>291625
Tf2
I’m playing cod Cold War bc bo1 has special place in my heart, just enjoy ranking up and they brought quickscoping back. Otherwise, tf2 never gets old.
Oh and Valorant.
>>
>>291625
Warzone, Apex and BF4
>>
>>296009
We're in the bad timeline anon.
>>
>>292036
funny joke
>>
When people say tf2 do they mean teamfortress 2 or titanfall 2?
>>
>>291625
I enjoy hunt: showdown but it's best played in a duo/trio, the solo game play is stressful and unforgiving, and not in the fun way.
>>
>>296820
In most cases, team fortress 2 given how ded titanfall 2 is. But here it's more of a tossup.
>>
Hunt Showdown, kino setting and guns, good tense pvp. Not your classic round based comp shooter but for me it captures that comfy paranoia that dayz used to give back in the day.
>>
>>297459
If I love Tarkov will I like Hunt?
>>
>>297462
trick question. if you genuinely love tarkov then yes youll love hunt but if tarkovs too much for you then hunt is a nice middle ground, high stakes so any conflict is meaningful but less intense and grindy meaning that its not over when you lose your hunter. If you ever get it I'll play with you if you're from oceana
>>
>>292026
true. few games will ever be passion projects again
>>
>>291625
Battlefield 4.
>>
>>297465
>oceana
I'm from Canada
>>
File: chaser lilith.png (598 KB, 620x465)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>294752
>S4 League
PvP and Chaser rooms were the fucking best. Maybe some Touchdown rooms if your adrenaline was running high at that time.
>>
>>293402
Tf2
>>
>>292036
the fact that people think this is viable after the dumpster fire of unfun garbage that overwatch turned into after a year
mental illness is real y'all
>>
>>291625
Fistful of Frags
>>
>>298854
it's dead
>>
File: 1532218477337.png (328 KB, 600x581)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
I hate doomposting but what the hell happened? FPS games was all i was playing when i was younger and growing up. Now it feels like theres barely any going around.
>Cant enjoy old cod games anymore cant play more than 20 minutes
>halo is boring for some reason
>TF2 is infested with bots
>All those TF2 clones that died out
>CS1.6 is filled with slavoid servers and CSS is just dust 2
I cant enjoy CSGO solo and i installed Siege again out of desperation. I used to play lots of Hunt Showdown but i cant play that game without buddies anymore. All im playing now is Titanfall 2 and BF4 and even those can get tedious if i get too stomped.
>>
i like overwatch
>>
>>292026
If halo 3 was pinnacle for you, it’s because you didn’t know what puberty was in ‘07
>>
File: thescreamer.png (44 KB, 500x624)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>291625
>Is there any multiplayer FPS worth playing beside CSGO and Siege ?
Only if you're desperate, current active shooters are all crap.
>>
>>292017
https://steamcharts.com/app/611500
>playing a dead game
lol
>m-muh steam client
even if 5x more players used bethesdas client it would still be considered dead
>>
>>298360
So you think people shouldn't play a game because you think it's going to be bad sometime in the future, because entirely different company made an entirely different game that turned out to be bad? Why did you even buy a computer, it might be outdated in a couple of years
>>
>>299762
>bad sometime in the future
it's already bad.
>>
>>291625
HL:DM
>>
>>296009
Don't do this to me. I miss Tribes so much
>>
>>299420
what we are seeing now is basically
>CoD gets popular
>Everyone and their mother shits out low effort clones that all miss the point of why CoD worked.
>TF2 gets popular
>Everyone and their mother shits out soulless hero shooters that all miss the point of why TF2 worked.
>PUBG gets popular
>Not much to explain here since pubg was always shit from day 1 and so were all it's clones
Time is a flat fucking circle.
>>
File: 1616203531881s.jpg (5 KB, 199x199)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>297625
do people still play this? i will reinstall if so.
>>
Not everyone likes it, but Tarkov has been fucking amazing for me. Play it at work constantly. Albeit a lot of the game is getting frustrated at your friends for fragging your toes.
>>
>>300182
it's fun but joining in the middle of a wipe is not worth it.
>>
>>292885
>watching dunkey
>gaylo
underage, nigger, go back, >>>/reddit/
>>
>>292885
>Tribes Ascend or Planetside 2 is probably the closest to something that was actually new and exciting that has happened in multiplayer since Halo
Why do I know you are underage
>>
>>300307
If even a youtuber knows how shit the state current shooters are in, you know shit's bad.
>>
>>300081
indeed
>>
>>293746
Play tf2c then
>>
>>300262
I dunno, I got back in middle of this wipe and was able to get 15mil in a few days
>>
>>291625
BF:BC2, BF3, and BF4 are better than all of those, so yes.
>>
File: 20210320215002_1.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1080)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>300369
update when?
>>
>>299420
>cod
>halo
>tf2
>tf2 clones
>cs1.6
>csgo
>siege
>hunt showdown
>titanfall2
>bf2
how many players do these have again? you see, thats why people play battleroyales because they have larger number players on the map at the same time
>>
>>291625
Escape from tarkov if you want a sweaty FPS
>>
>>296027
Yeah that’s the engine
>>
>>291625
unironically i was so excited for FPS this gen, desu imo it had a pretty great start

>siege
>halo 5
>overwatch

my friends and i would switch between the 3 for a solid year after overwatch launch, then slowly either from updates or lack thereof, those games became oldhat and literally NOTHING but PUBG knockoffs is what we got after those 3
>>
Im enjoying BF1 and play BFV when i want to shut down my brain
>>
>>300369
TF2c is dead as dogshit.
For real though, I would rather be playing Fortress Forever but the game has been dead for 7+ years now.
>>
>>300794
>Worse counter strike
>Worse halo 3
>Worse tf2
If that's your definition of a good gen then the bar really is as low as people say it is.
>>
>>300799
Active EU and NA servers that are mostly full all hours of every day is as much life as you need for a multiplayer FPS.
Unless you mean development wise in which case yes
>>
>>292017
>stopped playing QC in 2019
>come back a few weeks ago to see if anything changed
>Keel, Scalebearer, Deathknight, and Eisen still exist
>Keel gets a buff that same day
Yeah, no.
>>
>>297399
titanfall 2 has 10k players right now
>>
>>300792
goddamnit why does this make me laugh
>>
>>296204
the only correct answer
>>
>>301351
????????
Keel was not buffed a few weeks ago.
>>
>>291625
INsurgency 2014 has regular players
>>
>>291625
SWAT 4
Ultrakill
Insurgency Sandstorm (community servers, ISMC mod)
Squad
Escape From Tarkov
CS:S
Rising Storm 2
Killing Floor 2
if you're looking for a competitive FPS game to get good at, maybe go pro, Valorant is, unfortunately, your best bet at the moment. NA CS died last year and this year, Siege died after they put the chat filter in. At the moment, Valorant is where the big bucks are for an FPS game.
>>
>>292019
The first game I actually fell in love with
>>
COD?
>>
>>302383
Sorry, I meant DK.

"Increased fireball damage from 20 to 25 each
Increased fire trail time from 5 to 7 seconds
Added 30 knockback (fireball projectiles)
Removed splash damage falloff"
>>
File: crazyrj4chan.webm (2.52 MB, 1280x720)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB WEBM
QuakeWorld
>>
>>305733
more like sneed world lol
>>
File: download.jpg (774 KB, 1728x1080)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
>>291625
Give planetside 2 a try.
3 Factions, grand strategy, plenty of shooty bang bang.
Though the combined arms will feel more like battlefield than CSGO so ymmv
>>
>>307174
The current build of Planetside 2 is absolute dogshit and suffers from what I like to call "late-stage free-to-play" syndrome, where everything is a giant clusterfuck of conflicting ideas and art styles.

Beta was the only time this game was actually good, sadly.

Probably the biggest example of wasted potential in vidya since the turn of the millenium.
>>
>>296001
>Rust
Takes a ridiculous amount of time just to join a server.
>Apex Legends
It's a watered down Titanfall 2 for the BR crowd.
>Valorant
No. Just no. It's basically hero shooter Counter Strike and it's way easier than any CS game.
>Titanfall 2
It's a good game, but the player count is abysmal.
>Tarkov
This one I haven't tried yet.
>Warzone
Poorly optimized COD garbage trying to capitalize on the BR trend.
>Overwatch
It's fun but it takes like 10 min to find a match even though it's supposed to be one of the most popular shooters around.
>Quake Champions
Haven't tried it either.
>Halo MCC
This one is actually really solid. I just wish the multiplayer maps were a bit more interesting. Halo for me has always been more of a single player experience.
>>
>>307219
hey played it extensively in beta and came back now and the game is way more enjoyable. Never spent a cent on it and have pretty much what i want. To roll with a good outfit is really fun

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.