[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: downloadfile-28.jpg (32 KB, 474x474)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Worth starting EVE as a solo player today if I just want to trade and make money
>>
Nope. Competing with bots and 20 year veterans. Find a better game.
>>
>>287773
>competing with bots
Who the fuck wants to mine
>And vets
Even vets are generally trash at this game.

You can start OP, just join an active laid back PVP corp who doesn't demand doctrine shit, and don't get stuck on the turbo autism mining/mission grind
>>
>>287793
The game is literally full of bots. I played last year and goon space had russian/chink bots all over their southern territory. The same bots there for months no matter how much I reported them.
>>
File: 1604539852639.gif (424 KB, 220x123)
424 KB
424 KB GIF
>>287850
>goon space
Well that's no longer a problem funnily enough.
>>
>>288257
>VNI
Old news, new updates canned it, you want the T1 Vexor, Myrm, or Domi for ratting depending on if you want to do dodge tank (Vexor), soak tank (Domi), or a mix of both (Myrm, though it emphasizes soak tanking a bit more)
>>
>>287766
>Enter anom
>Deploy drones
>They instantly all die
>Have to warp back to station 2-3 times to buy more drones to finish the site
>Lose more money than I made
Rip
>>
>>288338
How do people lose drones? T2 Drones have more EHP than most frigates and faction drones have Cruiser tier EHP.
>>
>>288339
Not everyone is Omega, anon.
>>
File: 1524446712795.gif (1.3 MB, 714x536)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
>>287766
>>287766
It will be a while till you can trade and make decent returns. If you want a free 1 million skill points use this link: https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=cc7523b1-83cf-4b54-b6d6-aa76a0059b8d

That should help you level up your core skills so you can you fly something kind of decent when you start out. Also read up on...well everything.
>>
>>288411
Now if only you could get something like this for an already active account.
>>
File: 1600348704999.webm (2.1 MB, 931x576)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB WEBM
>>288412
You can, you just have to buy skill points through the eve store for $35. With each passing year CCP gets more and more money hungry.
>>
Boys I need your help. Everything I do to earn some ISK doesn't seems worth the time. What the fuck do people even do to earn money
>>
>>288462
Ratting. Start off with highsec belt ratting in an Algos, work your way up to a Vexor and do site ratting in low/nullsec, it snowballs from there.
>>
>>288462
Do abyssals until you can join either a null corp or a WH corp.
>>
>>288464
How risky is it doing that in low/null? If I would lose my ship there I would be back to nothing
>>
>>288473
Join a corp and stick to ratting in their territory. If you're ratting and you see someone enter the system that's not part of your corp/alliance, dock up at the nearest station until they leave. Do this right and you won't lose the Vexor for a long time, and by the time you do you'll have made at least ten times as much money as you spent getting ahold of it. If it's the rats you're worried about, look up guides for proper fits and tactics.
>>
>vexor navy
>drop heavy drones
what did he mean by this
>>
>>288474
CCP nerfed ratting in null
>>
>>288478
They tried to, but ratting is still extremely profitable for new players. Better than mining now, at least.
>>
>>288478
Every time CCP nerfs ratting in null, people just quit en masse.

No one fucking enjoys shooting red triangles for hours on end, its why they need to overhaul PVE content and just remove anoms already, or stop nerfing nulsec PVE because the whole point of fighting for and controlling nulsec is exploiting it for all its worth, they already removed the PVP element from lowsec when they made moon mining dogshit
>>
>>288525
CCP are catering to High sec risk adverse cretins. Also while I'm here FUCK the CSM! Useless twats.
>>
>>288561
>CCP are catering to High sec risk adverse cretins
>btw CCP afk cloaking is bullshit pls nerf i can't undock if there's an afk neut within 20 jumps
>>
>>288563
I hate the anticloakers too and CCP have hinted at fucking over cloakers to appease the piss babies. What the hell is CCP doing?!
>>
>>288565
>What the hell is CCP doing?!
The same thing they've always done Stinky, kowtowing to risk avers nullbears.
>>
I tried Eve Online probably 3 times through-out the history of it all. Each time I never made it and quit.
Tried Elite Dangerous and I'm instantly in love. It's everything I wanted EVE to be. Why not try Elite?
>>
>>288576
Because it's nothing like Eve and it's boring as hell.
>>
>>288577
i guess it depends on what kind of boring you're looking for. do you want a game where you can fly your ship or do you want a shitty RTS-MMO hybrid?
>>
>do you want a game where you can fly your ship or do you want a shitty RTS-MMO hybrid?
I don't get it
>>
>>288525
This is true, after this many years there is no excuse for not having overhauled pve. Rats should behave more like players, even in missions, and use player like tactics (balanced for context of the pve obviously). Missions specifically are the worst, they should remove and replace the current missions completely
>>
>>288339
the extra HP still doesnt last long when the entire site untargets you and decides to shoot your drones instead
>>
>>288462
do this
>>288464
also give T1 Abyssals a try, you can fly them in frigates and make 50~70mil/hour (depending on ship, fit).
even in a shitfit Punisher or Hookbill you'll make more than almost anything else you could be doing at this point.

Exploration is a good one too. fit up a t1 explo frigate with cheap scanning mods, dip into some quiet lowsec and run some data/relic sites.
last thread someone asked about newbie lowsec explo and got a lot of helpful responses.
it'll teach you how to read the in-game map and how to use websites to check the path ahead of you for danger.
>>
>>288473
>If I would lose my ship there I would be back to nothing
golden rule of eve, cunt.
NEVER fly what you cant afford to lose
the second you undock something you need to consider it dead
>>
>>288576
question
every time you tried the game, did you join a corp or play solo?
$10 says you played solo and "got bored"
>>
>>288623
>Rats should behave more like players, even in missions, and use player like tactics (balanced for context of the pve obviously)
they already have though
this is why people do Abyssals and Burner missions.
the rats have much better AI and they're actually different, challenging and fun every time you run them.
Also no-one runs missions these days, even retard mission runners.
You make twice the money of a bling Lv4 mission runner in pirate frigates in low/null running burners and the LP is far more valuable.
>>
>>288852
Those are great examples and I agree, I just think that all other pve (belt rats, missions, anoms) should be improved to match or just removed from the game
>>
>>288848
Redpill me on Abyssals, I already have a good Vexor ratting fit but I've only been doing anoms with it, I wouldn't mind upgrading to abyssals if the opportunities are better there
>>
>>288859
Should have added, I think that would be an important move in player retention. When most people finish the tutorial they have a combat frig and are eager to shoot stuff, but all the "good" pve is outside their abilities. So they try learning the ropes on l1 missions or anoms and then get bored to tears and decide eve isn't fun. Its really ccp dropping the ball because imo eve actually has good game play (unpopular take), which the newer and harder content can demonstrate, but lots of new players see the braindead old stuff first and quit, and who can blame them
>>
>>288860
they're highsec pve, which makes them gay and for nerds
>>
>>287766
Holy shit people are still "starting" eve?

Hey Anon, this game continues to be a terrible grindy waste of time populated by the kind of autists that no other community will suffer. it's an MMO constructed entirely of metagaming just avoid it.

If you want to scratch the space itch go try Elite Dangerous. it's more like a first person eve and can actually be fun. Don't play this game, you will hit the sunk cost fallacy long before you have discovered that this thing is just a spreadsheet simulator.
>>
>>288860
start with a cheap Hookbill, Retribution or Hawk fit and run T1 frigate runs. loot only the biocache, ignore the other cans.
once you're confident, start working your way up to doing T2s in a worm/retribution and eventually T3's in a retribution

cruiser is OK but honestly less profit per run (the filaments for T3 and higher actually cost a few mil each) and it's bigger losses if you die.

i'm the guy that spams T1 abyssals in a worm, i finish each run in 6-7min and make 5~10mil a run. probably the easiest 50mil/hour or more you could be making in highsec in a frigate right now.
payouts get exponentially higher the higher tier you go, but the runs get much much harder. Once in a while I do a T2 or T3 in a Retribution but i dont like sweating bullets all the time during PVE.

some people triple-box T5 and T6 frigate runs and literally make 400mil every 15~20min
>>
>>289007
I don't fond that to be true. When people say shit like this I smell either someone who got hazed and couldn't learn from it or was honestly too stupid to grasp the game in general. Eve can be grindy but no more than other mmos. In fact, played right, it's less grinding than many because it's more about actually doing shit with other people than doing checklists
>>
>>289007
>sunk cost fallacy
>spreadsheet simulator
guess how I know you havent played for like 8 years lmao

>>289026
>Eve can be grindy
no
it's not.
you make some money
you go pvp cunts with that money
wow
so fukken hard
there's also so many passive forms of income in this fucking game that if you PVP in frigs/destroyers you literally never need to actually grind PVE for money.
>>
>>289027
I say it can be grindy because there are ways to grind for isk and people do, especially when they're new. But I would not describe it as a grindy game generally speaking especially not if you are decent at it or with a good corp, like you should be
>>
File: 1615901726561.png (26 KB, 265x230)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>They were all in a white cloud
Pucker moment
>>
Gallente and Caldari can suck my dick, I'm flying Amarr ships forever. I can at least respect russian suicide gankers in Minmatar. You think I'm gonna 'fix my reputation with the triglavians'? You're all cowards and traitors. Triangle niggers are stealing and invading our space, they need to be purged from the galaxy. Jita is a trade hub for the chinese and the gays, I only sell things in Amarr. All non chinese players should declare war on Fraternity and tell them to get off our server.
>>
>>289225
but... amarr is quite literally 'china in space' with the huge territory, homogenous and fanatical population, slaves and all
>>
>>289225
(((triglavians))) are collectivists, it's in the name

>>289228
no
>>
>>288851
First time was solo. Second and third times I had a corp of IRL friends that played who were in a large corp. One of my friends was involved with Eve Radio for years. The game is just fucking boring. It is one of those games that sounds cool, especially the epic things that can happen, but functionally is a very boring game.
>just play the game zoomed out so much your "space sim" ship is a tiny little dot bro
>just orbit around them bro
>>
What even is abyssal space? Lore-wise, I mean. I've been out of the game a few years and have no idea who these trigonometry niggers are.
>>
>>289281
hypercommunists who live in magic commie space

actually pretty decent as far as new enemy/faction additions go, considering they always suck and never make sense
>>
what are drifters
>>
>>289329
Space Undead
>>
>>289281
In EVE, not every system is considered 'habitable' by every faction, abyssal deadspace are systems where the enviroment is incredibly hazardous to live in, but Triglavians have figured out how to not only live there, likely out of nessessity to avoid the jove at some point, but thrive there with unique technology
>>
Does any other MMO have such a high percentage of completely incompetent players as its playerbase? And by this I mean truly clueless, like not just mediocre at the game, but helpless like puppy dogs? You can get into this game after years of not playing and curbstomp these bizzare multi-year players out doing weird shit in lowsec still using t1 equipment like they're roleplaying as space bounty hunters or something, and it seems like a huge amount of people are like this-- they have the skill level of someone who just finished the tutorial but have been playing for years. Is this specific to EVE?
>>
>>289778
Probably bots. Eve is infested with chink and Russian bots.
>>
>>289778
Not just other MMO's, but life in general.
>>
>>289778
>shitting on t1 and meta equipment
some people just like to fly nearly-free junk fits.
I try to keep most of my PVP frigate fits under 500k each.
makes it literally trivial to undock and throw away 20 of them in a night of PVP, especially when you have industry/PI/market/R&D and so on giving you fat passive income.
>>
>>289953
the reason people buy t2 shit is that it's still inexpensive while giving you much more than meta shit. there's obviously exceptions like mwds and maybe some war but t2 guns all the way for example
>>
>>289778
games full of retarded boomers
>>
File: 1590124124475.png (447 KB, 597x420)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>Flying a shield ishtar in Abyssals
>mfw that tiny as fuck buffer

Fug this shit is scary to fly
>>
>>289955
there's a difference between inexpensive (say 300k or 400k per module) for T2 versus practically free (15k maybe 20k per module) for random meta shit you get millions of from looting wrecks
>t2 guns all the way for example
yeah to be honest guns and damage control are the 2 things i still always go with tech2 for.
the difference in performance compared to meta modules is just too huge.
for a lot of meta modules though, you end up with a meta one being way more cap efficient or way better fitting than the tech2
>>
>>289958
sounds crazy but i've been in the habit of fitting a bit of buffer to my PVE fits lately just so I have a bit of wiggle room for wrecking hits or piloting errors
>>
>>290045
No, that's completely normal. People who say you shouldn't mix buffer with active tanking are retarded. Having active tank combined with your buffer essentially just means more EHP. Even if you can't rep the full incoming DPS, your buffer means you get more rep cycles which translates into more EHP, at a point having a rep contributes more EHP than more buffer does.
>>
File: 1614186019157.jpg (75 KB, 640x640)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I started playing eve when I was 12 years old

Cool meditative Soundtrack and ambience
Joined some corps here and there, Most of them did nothing else than playing Eve all the time
Its not a casual game in any way
>>
>>290050
but it is social. a lot of mmos seem like they're casual but not really that social
>>
>>290050
It's a second job.
>>
>>289955
late reply to this but I didn't mean people flying smart or at least decent cheap meta fits, but here's an example, I just saw a guy ratting in belts in low in an Algos with t1 gear, not even best meta, mixed guns, mixed drones. 4 year player. ??? I see this stuff so much
>>
>>290186
due to the time-based skilling system it's anything but. if you just join a decent corp you can pretty much play when you want... this is one of the criticisms of eve only voiced by people who don't play. or who no life it til burnout and then assume everyone else does too
>>
>>290186
>A game that gives you all the tools to only log in once or twice a week too have fun doing PvP
>Second job
I love laughing at cunts like you, lmao
Eve is hands down the best MMO for busy people.
>>
>>290388
Yeah I know what you mean.
There's a staggering number of people who pay for one week every two years and need to confidently re-learn the game every time they come back.
Especially since Alpha clones became a thing.
>>
>>290485
now that you mentioned it I checked him out on zkill and it was exactly that-- he quit years ago and just got back into the game this month. he has been getting hazed in lowsec for like 2 weeks. now I feel bad (I also killed him)
>>
>>290496
there was a really annoying guy in the English Help channel a week or two ago with a 12 year old account asking the literally most retarded questions over and over again
>GUYS
>HOW DO I UNDOCK
>WHERE?
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S AN UNDOCK BUTTON I CANT SEE IT
>OH THERE IT IS LMAO
>OK SO WHAT DO I DO NOW?
>HOW DO I WARP
>GUYS
>WARP
>HELP PL0X
>WHAT'S ALL THIS S HIT ON THE UI MEAN
for
fucking
hours.

people thought he was a troll at first but he was legitimately a retarded dude who mustve come out of a coma and logged in after 12 years of not playing.
>>
>>290845
Or he bought the account.
>>
File: 1591782498438.jpg (142 KB, 640x960)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>still no game balance improvements in sight
>>
>>291171
>still dozens of ships waiting for their graphix touch up
what the fuck is taking them so long? also they need to fix the wings on the incursus chassis they look like they were modeled by a fucking intern
>>
>>291262
more like return the incursus to the old model. its appendage is not girthy enough
>>
>>291171
this.
there's at least a dozen if not two dozen ships in the game that have been straight up useless for years now.
>>
>>287850
Bots that have omega won't be removed. Only alpha bots are weeded
>>
>>291382
speaking of bots, it's interesting to imagine what would happen to EVE's economy if you could wave a magic wand and just delete all bots forever. would there be big repercussions? would prices eventually start to fall across the board?
>>
>>291371
probably more like 100
>>
>>291415
Yeah this is what happens when you power creep. Too many ships in the game.
>>
>>291427
I wish they had never made ships bigger than battleships. and also not made t3 cruisers/dessies
>>
>>291415
eh wouldnt say that many
yeah there's a lot of ships that are unpopular but they're still used for certain things or what have you.
some ships are literally straight up broken and useless.
Caracal Navy for example
Slower than a Caracal
Less tank than a Caracal
Less fitting than a Caracal
Has an explosion velocity bonus, which is useless when you have RLMLs anyway
And it costs 10x the cost of a Caracal.

If anything the two ships should be switched places.
A faction ship shouldnt be a downgrade.

Logi, people use the guardian 90% of the time with the occasional Scythe.
No-one ever uses the Caldari or gallente ones.
>>
>>291725
it is that many though. all t1 frigs are useless except ewar. all t1 destroyers are useless except cormorants. all t1 cruisers are useless except maybe caracals and celestises
>>
>>291997
>all t1 destroyers are useless except cormorants
Algos and Dragoon are decent because >drones. The issue with T1 ships really just comes down to the fact that players and even PvE shit now do more DPS than in the past, and as a result in order to be able to survive against modern content you absolutely need T2 resists (or something equivalent, like a resist bonus) or you just get dicked. Just look at the abyss, the vast majority of T2 cruisers aren't remotely viable in it purely because they can't fit enough tank without massively sacrificing range or application.
Resistances just need a rebalance honestly. You can do whatever you want with T1 ships, they'll still be bad because they're fundamentally incapable of fitting a decent tank.
>>
>>292002
they really aren't decent. they have a niche in fw autism plexes because of ship type restrictions, but that is not good enough. when you look at normal unrestricted combat instead, these ships cannot exist on grid with cruisers, and broken rlml cruisers especially also make them totally redundant in their anti-frigate role, since the cruiser is doing more dps and goes 2km/s with 30kehp, instead of 1.5km/s with 5kehp. it's a joke
>T2 resists
yeah I'd cut down on this garbage hard honestly, it has been such a disaster for the game
>>
>>292005
I think they should just cut down T2 resists to 1 damage type racially, rather than two. So say Minmatar ships just don't give a fuck about EM damage, but everything else is normal based on that ship class, with some of the newer content rebalanced to account for that. As it stands you can basically be immune to two damage types and heavily resistant to a third with some ships, it's dumb as fuck. My Shield Ishtar has 91% Kinetic and 90% thermal resists with only 1 shield hardener.
>>
>>291550
but then how would you combat probe in something that isn't useless in small gang(and isn't the stratios)
>>
>>292012
Frigate Escape bays made that a non issue. Put a scanning frigate in the bay of a battleship, eject in a safespot, scan, board the BS again.
>>
>>292007
or just cut it down massively. notice the T2 resists on less cancerous classes than HACs are much lower and less game-ruining
>>
>>291997
t1 frigs are the only decently balanced part of the game, when you get into 1v1 pvp.
>>
>>292034
lmao what? T1 frigate balance is horrendous, there's only like 3 of them worth even considering even if you're assuming you're only fighting other T1 frigs in 1v1s.
>>
>>292034
>when you get into 1v1 pvp
if it wasn't for fw keeping these unusable trash classes on life support, you'd see them properly fall away to absolute zero usage outside day 1 highsec players. but apparently most players are more interested in overpowered ships that aren't as overpowered as other overpowered ships getting buffed up so they can all be more equally overpowered
>>
I love the game, I think it's one of a kind but i honestly don't recommend people playing it. The fun is so far away from the start.
>>
>>292144
I disagree. You can do all sorts of fun shit day 1. Exploration is fun, cruising around in disposable ships is fun, even the Abyss is fun. One of my fondest memories of the game is when I was a newbro, before all the AF changes, back when AF's were 12m for a hull in like 2012. I was cruising around in an Arty Wolf with 8m SP, and a Sabre tried to jump on me. I alpha'd him into hull with the first shot and he couldn't get away because of his own bubble.

Man why's everything gotta be so expensive now?
>>
because infinite pve fags producing isk constantly
>>
and you fucks wonder why /eog/ is dead when you cunts go out of your way to shut down any and all discussion
>frigs are pretty cool
>THEYRE SHIT
>i like explo
>EXPLO IS SHIT
>i lik-
>IT"S SHIT, FUCK FUCKING FUCK
even the Diablo thread is fucking faster than this, because they actually talk about shit instead of 1 or 2 angry nullbabbies going Tourette's syndrome over anything that isnt ratting with supers.
>>
they are shit though
>>
>>292144
I have been trying to pvp in an incursus at about 1 week old, I have 4 kills so far. it's been really fun. going to try to find some small gang pvp. sounds like you're just a sourpuss
>>
File: ALB-SOLO-viratia.jpg (63 KB, 500x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
https://zkillboard.com/kill/92292797/
seeing this shit makes me happy since a krab lost it, but also sad since he will buy it again and raise prices
>>
File: 1616374799874.jpg (2.46 MB, 3874x2269)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>287766
unless you can find a good pvp corp, I joined Horde in what I think was 2016/2017 when they were in 7RM and it was a fine time.

Flown in fleet and in solo pvp:
>Caracals (a Navy Issue)/Moas/Hookbills
>Manticore fleets
>Corms
>Crow fleets
>Jackdaws
>Storks
>Talwars
>Hurricanes
>Typhoons
My favs were my worm and hawk
Had to take a break from it and when I came back all the familiar names were gone and we had moved out of 7RM for some reason. All the content was gone. Standing fleet just wasn't the same.

Only way to play the game imo, I tried a long time before that grinding from nothing and it was basically impossible.
>>
too much caldari
>>
>>292528
>Deviant Suppressor
nice
>>
File: oneiros.jpg (4 KB, 128x128)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
oneiros
>>
File: thanny.jpg (122 KB, 1024x1024)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>292733
Are we posting our shipfus?
>>
File: 1614595840441.jpg (103 KB, 1329x523)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>292740
>cap fag
Someone get a rope.
>>
File: reported.png (35 KB, 128x128)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>
I sincerely wish classic graphics were still an option. I miss that brilliant red retribution.
>>
File: 1607407423758.gif (1005 KB, 220x260)
1005 KB
1005 KB GIF
>>292479
What Diablo thread?
>>
>do exploration for a few hours
>loot some dead industrial guy in lowsec
>made 100 million
>oh i better go do this 'kill 10 npc' daily let me just do these rogue drones
>112 million drone damage augment drops

I dont know if I just got severely unlucky getting gatecamped in like 2013 2014 but the second I went into lowsec I was dead. I understand the game way more now but... was it always this easy to go exploring around and mostly not getting killed?
>>
>>292862
Back in 2013/14 you could still sit a neutral Orca on a low/high gate then scoop your fully faction fit ship to the ship bay and jump regardless of aggression timers if anyone had a chance of killing you. That got removed along with off-grid boosts which severely limited players ability to be total fags in lowsec, so it's less shitty now.
>>
>>292857
>hahaha dewd he has a snake for a hand hahahaha how random xD
nah fuck off
>>
>>292862
lowsec is a mixed bag
a large portion of it is empty.
FW areas are busy and some systems are infamously gate-camped to hell and back in US/EU timezones.
some small pirate corps live in dead-end systems and pockets as well.
the lowsec around me is all completely dead apart from 2-3 solo ratters who are regulars, 1 guy who tries to hunt them and a 6-man pirate corp that keeps to themselves mostly
>>
>>292740
shit's ugly
>>
>>292856
I miss the old Caldari models, their redesigns are soulless.
>>
>>292002
>>292002

I remember using a Coercer with medium shield extender for some very nice damage application in small gangs

Same goes for Omen in cruiser gangs.

Certainly not solo ships, though
>>
>>293121
Omen and NOmen with beams are surprisingly decent small gang ships.
>>
File: 1617565625986.gif (259 KB, 220x252)
259 KB
259 KB GIF
>jump into system in my fairly weak solo subcap
>30 barges + rorq all tether up
>they start talking foreign in local
>they have no idea how to handle this situation beyond hoping I'll leave
>>
>>293124
"Vanguard" ships with T2 pulse and Scorch crystals, shield buffer and a full rank of damage/opti/falloff enhancers in low slots where a very solid meta back in my time for small-ish size roam.

Omen, NOmen, Zealot... is that still a thing?
>>
>>293149
Kinda. Sanshas ships have taken over that role. Their Afterburner bonus is ridiculously good, people cruise around in Nightmares that do 2700m/s with an AB while projecting damage to 60km with Scorch and fitting a huge shield tank. Phantasm's are pretty good too, though their Capacitor sucks so they can't really do a local rep.
>>
>>293149
triglavian disintegrators have even more ridiculous tracking, and with utility slots, more speed faster, more everything, better sustained dps and whatnot
>>
>>293154
when you get a sansha ship you are primarily paying for the afterburner cancer bonus and the durability and escape potential it gives you. when it comes to actually shooting people, they aren't particularly a big deal compared to cheaper laser ships
>>
>try to make a good fit for the zealot
>impossible
>try to make a good fit for the phantasm
>impossible
why are laser boats so cucked
>>
>>293286
>>try to make a good fit for the phantasm
>>impossible
You must be mentally disabled then. Put a decent AB on it, a tracking computer, and a shield buffer. Congratulations.
>>
File: 1605873880285.jpg (21 KB, 480x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>tracking computer
>>
>>293124
omen also puts out nice dmg for a cruiser.
I get 720dps out of my Omen that I use in Lowsec
>>
>>293286
this is why i ended up just using the Omen in the end.
every other laser ship around the same size either has worse fitting, less dmg or less speed
>>
>>287766
Nope. Find a different game. EVE is "dead" and has been a walking corpse propped up by Real-Cash plex -> bot-generated ISK for at least 5 years.
Small/solo is cancer or nonexistent and even wormhole "sov" is controlled by giant metagroups and capitals
>>
>>293460
what game do you recommend? ED looks really boring to me, is there anything else in this niche?
>>
>>289027
>you go pvp cunts with that money
Yes, because people that have been playing for less than 10 years can TOTALLY 1v6. You will get ganged up on. Honor is dead. Game has always sucked for solos but it sucks even more for people that have unreliable friends.
>>
>>293467
Not really. The next thing over is Star Shitizen which is in a perpetual state of needing $10,000 of hardware to run at 30FPS online, and will never be complete.
Haven't played ED much but I got an extremely boring impression from it. Nothing you do as a player in it has any impact.
Try Endless Sky or Starsector if multiplayer isn't important to you.
>>
>>293471
alright so I guess someone might as well at least try eve and see if you like it in spite of its flaws. nothing else really comes close to it, in terms of ship control nexus is sorta similar and in terms of capitalism simulator there's X, but nothing multiplayer comes to mind especially if you rule out elite: dangerously boring and scam shitizen
>>
>>293476
This is correct. No game other than EVE bothers to try setting up a goods economy of more than 100-300 items. Though most of the items in EVE are junk meant to be sold or converted anyways...
If the setting isn't important to you there's a minecraft "clone" here on /vm/ that does well enough >>287406 - gives me a similar vibe to the one I got when I was enjoying EVE
>>
>>293468
as a solofag I don't mind getting killed 1v6 so much. I get more triggered by the "epic hilarious" gay shit like bait haulers/miners/ratters, and the state of citadel weapons vs single targets. I don't think solo brawlers really are so powerful that they need these kinds of cheesy counters everywhere
>>
>>293509
you do see a lot of amusing things solo though. I really like the wannabe soloers who spend all day hunting ventures in t3 cruisers. all I can fly right now are frigs and I have seen these faggots trying to combat scan me down. it's like they think you can't check zkill and see how fucking embarrassing they are
>>
File: 1610448820835.png (127 KB, 372x365)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>293512
>bail from a blob trying to kill you
>warp to a very obvious celestial
>wait a while
>nothing
>combat scanner probes appear on d-scan
>see them being repositioned several times
>wait a while longer
>start running mwd to help the enemy get probe results
>>
I joined brave because new bro. Now I found out it's literally r@dd!t, complete with preferred pronouns.

Any anti-establishment, anti globo homo corps? Preferably worm hole?
>>
>>293557
Those corps mostly got driven out by reddit and nullshit, sure you could find one but don't expect to not be playing solo
>>
what about pandemic horde?
>>
>>293512
>hunting ventures in t3 cruisers
there's a lot of t3c fags that do this in lowsec.
using a half-bil bling fit t3c to gank 3 day old herons and jerking themselves off to their kill ratio
>>
>>293624

their fathers would be proud if they knew them.
>>
>>293633
so they're niggers
>>
>>293509
as a solo I have been misidentified as 'bait' now on 3 occasions when people pm me. The most recent looked like a gatecamp in lowsec, which I just had fast enough warp speed or they had slow enough reactions to not catch me. Not sure if they are memeing just trying to get info out of me though.

Exploration is fucking fucked right now because it -was- enjoyable for about 1 day before everyone noticed the new items, now I cant find shit for any data sites. I should probably just grab my dragoon and start doing combat shit again, or learn how to fix my reputation, find some cheap ass frigate fits to warp scramble nerds and go hunting for explorers in low sec
>>
>>293761
you can thank Talking in Stations, for telling everyone to go do Explo to get rich in one of their 3 podcasts a day they fukken release.
they were also pushing everyone to buy faction/pirate battleships before the update so "we can all get really rich guys!!".
>>
faction battleships being less accessible even temporarily isn't a bad thing though
>>
File: 1594714443333.jpg (12 KB, 380x405)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>Myrmidon
>120m
>>
File: 1590864367474.jpg (14 KB, 399x295)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>came back to the game about 3 months ago
>thought about selling an old carrier I had lying around
>wouldve got me 1.8bil, which is a nice chunk of isk to start the game with again
>decided not to sell the carrier "in case".
>industry update happens
>carriers are worth 5bil or more now
>mfw
>>
File: yonteki.png (30 KB, 128x128)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>carriers are 5 billion now
>>
BUY HIGH, SELL LOW
Is EVE Online the official /ourgame/ of /biz/?
>>
>Not mining all the minerals yourself, then selling low
>>
>>293819
I just saw that, and this dude is crazy. These things are not gonna end up 10 million a piece, theres too much supply in all of space. Less than 1 million
>>
>>293819
>>294899
just remember one thing
propaganda/journalism is cheap to produce
>>
Will dogs reach space?
>>
>>294915
i just wish those cunts would scale their content back to 1 podcast a week.
we dont need three 3-hour podcasts per day.
it dilutes their content so half the time they just ramble about fukken GEWNS or that awful balding brit with the skullet harps on about shit he knows nothing about
>>
File: 1607429468371.png (52 KB, 369x375)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>rats spawn in large groups on gates now
>nullbabbies mad that they cant afk autopilot through their perfectly safe space anymore
>officer spawns and dreads sitting on gates popping anything that doesnt instantly align
>t1 haulers getting scrammed and killed
>>
>>295280
>rats still prioritise aggro on targets with tackle fitted
>try to kill krab who holocausts guristas all day
>guristas all shoot me because I have a disruptor fit
now I get to enjoy this farce in almost every engagement
>>
>>295327
Logically this is pretty retarded too.
>Target comes in and starts bashing your shit
>Focus him down
>Third party arrives to help you
>Start attacking him
??
Retard devs as usual.
>>
>>295344
It makes perfect sense logically. NPC's target ships with Ewar first, which in this case means tackle. That's why so many Drone boats fit Auto targeting systems, it makes NPC's favor shooting the ship over the drones.
>>
>Dread rats
wait, so rats have Dreadnoughts now?
how much bounty do they have?
i'm guessing being dreads, that their guns cant track anything that isnt a Carrier sitting at 0m/sec, so how long would it take someone to kill?
is it even worth trying to kill them solo, or do they have too much HP?
>>
>>295547
>wait, so rats have Dreadnoughts now?
NPC dreads have been a thing for ages and ages. Only way you're reliably killing them solo is in a Super.
>>
>>295548
dont they noscope capitals though?
i dont see them ever actually hitting an Ishtar without double webs and a target painter
>>
>>295590
The only way you can solo them with an Ishtar is if you use a second bait ship to eat the first shot on warp in, then have the Ishtar orbit at 80km with a 100mn AB. And even then the only reason they don't instablap you is because their AI bugs out and they just don't attack you. They have really good tracking and can hit out to >50km.
The reason you use a Super to solo them is because you use the doomsday on them.
>>
>>295598
>super
>doomsday
wut?
supers are just big carriers but with some fancy new respawn thing
>>
the carriers don't use fighters or anything, they just have gigantic turret damage like the dread. seeing these things instapop interceptors from 100km is retarded
>>
>>295598
what a retarded fucking larp
>>
>>295614
supercapital gaylord
>>
You jealous gallente boi?
>>
I have an idea: NPCs warp out when critically damaged, and if they do so, you get no bounty from them but it counts as a "kill" in terms of things like progressing missions/sites/etc. Bounties would be raised somewhat, and people looking to collect ISK from bounties would need to fit a warp disruptor. What do you think lads?
>>
>Bounties would be raised somewhat
no. reduce bounties by 90%
>>
>>297085
to compensate for needing to disrupt. bear in mind most NPCs would be getting away and therefore not providing bounty or wrecks. obviously you'd prevent certain NPCs from escaping if they dropped a vital item or some shit like that, or if it makes logical sense to fight to the death. if there was no bounty bump I'm not sure people would bother catching them
>>
>>287766
This thread made me try the game out. I spent 2.50 on the exploration ai to get my feet wet, see if it was worth the time investment.

It's been very cool so far! I almost died at a data site, I spammed local chat for him to let me go. And he did!
>>
>>297265
The youtube videos make the game seem cut throat, but it seems like the community is nice enough, people are usually pretty helpful in the rookie chat. Additionally, the guy that let me go earlier gave me tips. Pay closer attention, and join a corp, which is reasonable i guess
>>
>>297268
this
half the time if you get killed as a newbro the guy who got you will either send you the money back, give you tips or offer to recruit you.
I'm not even a new player, but i got ganked in a site recently and lost my ship worth 40mil.
10min later a group of dudes just happened to kill the guy who killed me, saw my modules in his cargo, checked his killboard and sent me 30mil as a "we gottim, have a nice day" gesture.
>>
>>297265
Good reflex newbro, Eve player either hate or love the attention. Sperging in local can often produce unexpected results
>>
File: 1617851580061.jpg (34 KB, 960x498)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
where the fuck do i go and ask for a mate to do the faction frig proving grounds? i asked since 2 days ago and noone from alliance answered despite being active
>>
>>297854
people are allergic to the proving grounds, but dont realise how A) easy it is and B) how good the rewards are for even going in and losing 1 match.
>>
>>297084
Just replace the dumb fuck AI with the good AI universally.
>>
>>298234
the frigate ffa proving grounds had a lot of people, + a handful of drooling retards that didn't have a prop/tackle, and didn't pop my drones
>>
>>298266
well yeah that's the obvious choice but it would require actual work on behalf of CCP to rethink spawns across the board, so while it would be great, I don't see it happening. also I can imagine it causing some salt from risk averse type players who only stick to the risk free pve content made possible by the dumb AI
>>
Doing some dangerous exploration in lowsec. Ran into an armageddon with smart bombs (I think thats what they are called, the pbAOE thing) sitting on the gate I stupidly warped to and it instantly blew me up and my capsule.

Im guessing I should warp to a random moon in the sytem and use the cone dscan to scan the gate I wanna go to and see if someone is camping there?
>>
>>298597
this
nullbabbies and lv4 mission runners, as obsolete as they are would fucking cry so fucking hard if their rats they were kiting in 100mn fit Ishtars were suddenly warping to a ping, then warping at zero with logi frigates and proper tackle supporting the 10+ battleships they're kiting.
>>
>>298880
Make the reward sufficient for groups and groups will form to do them. Making PVE less boring in the process.
>>
>>298884
>groups will form
the smart players who get eve would form groups, yeah, but I think we're more complaining about the types of player who for some reason exclusively sticks to the boring, bad ISK content and would whine if it were ever changed or removed. like the perma noob corp sorts of players who talk about how much they love mining and missioning
>>
>>298830
that is an option you have. some people make it sound like they do that on every gate, which seems ridiculous to me. what I think you should do is try to learn where the smartbombers usually are, and be careful in those areas, as you would with gatecamps. going through onatoh? then prepare for a gatecamp and loads of smartbombers, because it has been that way for maybe 10 years. same thing for rancer, oulley, ashmarir, kinakka, or any of the others. it would also probably be an idea to fly a setup that will not die to 1 smartbomber if it's not too much trouble. if you're in an astero then you'll probably be ok with a damage control, if you're in an astrometrics frigate you'll probably need that and a medium extender - just guessing here, maybe someone has actual info on this
>>
>>298914
>come back to eve
>my corp joined some retard alliance that just mines and krabs all day
>no one to pvp with
>quit game
Don't think I'll be back. Even on the off chance I come across a better group I don't think I'll ever truely enjoy the game again.
>>
>>298830
yeah it's called dog legging
>>
>>298920
>ashmarir
shit that was it
>>
>>287766
game is pay to win garbage now, don't bother.
>>
>>299596
Has been for years. But the delusional community keeps calling it 'plex tanking' and genuinely believe that paying for PLEX to fuel wars, establishing bases and replacing ships when you're otherwise denied resources isn't pay to win somehow. I'd consider surviving winning.
>>
How high do you think an enyo could go in abyssals? Current char is still newish and has most skills in the blasters/gallente frig/armor area. I can do t1s in an incursus but only if I don't roll a 6x tessela spawn
>>
ABSOLUTLY NOT! Trading is for experts at the game not newfags.
>>
>>299644
buy low sell high its easy
>>
Is flores still playing, you know, being an asshole to wormhole fags?
>>
File: 1589361606693.jpg (16 KB, 330x344)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>blasters
>>
>>298884
that's pretty much what Abyssals have done, killing null ratting and lv4 missions in the process entirely.
Much more profitable to duo with a friend t2 fit Jackdaws in T5 abyssals or a couple of Retributions in T3/T4s than it is doing anything in Null at this point.
>>
>>298914
>perma noob corp sorts of players who talk about how much they love mining and missioning
9 times out of 10 these corps are usually just tax scams.
Noobs think they're getting a good deal with lower mission taxes than an NPC corp but they're still giving some guy who never plays 5% of their earnings.

With the miners, they'll usually pay the miners flat isk per hour or give them money for the minerals under market price saying that they'll "haul and reprocess the minerals for you :D" when really they're just after discount minerals to make more profits from industry.
>>
>>299643
>How high do you think an enyo could go in abyssals?
terribly
fly the missile one instead and it'll almost do as good as a Worm.
>>
>>298830
this is why you're supposed to use Dotlan and the in-game map (dont use the new map, find the option to enable the "old" in-game map).

before going anywhere into lowsec or nullsec, check where you're going for recent kills.
if there's a lowsec system with a bunch of kills in the last hour then it's probably camped.
pull up the kill log for that system and you can usually tell from that what's in there getting all the kills.

Had you done this you would've seen a solo battleship on a gate getting dozens of easy frig/capsule kills and known to either go around that system or to stay away.

90% of Eve gameplay is just intel gathering using 3rd party tools, chat channels and such.
>>
>>300093
>90% of Eve gameplay is just intel gathering using 3rd party tools, chat channels and such.
for you
>>
>>300090
oh no I mean the literal noob corps, like the academy/school NPC corps that have these guys who don't leave them after years and think they're in some kind of chill carebear club and spout the most inane shit
>>
>>300092
I kinda figured, only asked because of where this character's skill focus is. my missile skills are still pure dogshit, maybe I'll queue those up next
>>
>>300517
oh i see, my bad
>>
>>300519
yeah, guns dont really do that well in abyssal, unless you're flying the Retribution.
other popular frigates for abyssals are Worm, Hawk, can even do T1s in a Hookbill or Kestrel, which is perfect for noobs.
>>
>>300090
>Noobs think they're getting a good deal with lower mission taxes than an NPC corp but they're still giving some guy who never plays 5% of their earnings.
Why don't they just make their own corporation and set it to 0%
>>
>>300729
new players dont know that.
not to mention having some guy say "come join our corp full of fellow miners!" is appealing to newbros who dont know any better.
>>
Ok so I think I have an opportunity to make money here
>my null alliance has been shipping JF trips to and from Jita
>recently fuel prices skyrocket
>charging 1000isk/m3 isnt covering the cost anymore
>rather than start charging 2000isk/m3 they find a new system that's closer
>would have JF jumps be as cheap as 200isk/m3
>system is like 9 jumps from nearest trade hub, 20 from the good ones.

Think there'd be a market for me filling the station in that system with the basics (most common ship fittings, faction/t2 ammo, ship hulls etc) at a mark-up and hope that alliance members who are too lazy to burn the 9 jumps will buy?
Best part is I could supply that station with an army of alpha highsec alts that have no connection to my main characters.
>>
>>287773
Competing for what? Anything they can do you can still do on a smaller scale and make money. It's like saying you shouldn't play a shooter because you're not shroud.
>>
>>287850
>The game is literally full of bots.
And? Just farm them for ez killmails or exploit the cheap ore prices.
>>
>>293761
Exploration is best in W-space, in kspace turbo krabs will sniff every 1isk can the second shit spawns.
>>
>>300957
he's just a retarded bittervet baitposter that hasnt played in 10 years and is still butthurt because some Russian guy multiboxxing 40 thrashers ganked his triple-box mining fleet that made 20mil/hour.
>>
>>300826
>burn the 9 jumps
why not just courier everything? highsec poors will haul shit around for peanuts
>>
>>287766
if you don't have friends or plans to make any, don't bother.
there's single player games you can play and have much more fun.
>>
>>301472
completely agree. if you're socially retarded and unable to interact with and have fun with others, eve is an unfriendly game and you would be better off with a predictable time-hole such as E:D
>>
>>301460
yeah a lot of them will
but i'm hoping on at least a handful of them being too lazy to even do that, and buy shit from me at twice the price right there.
>>
>>290186

I litteraly play other games while waiting on fleet pings from discord. if my shit blows up my corp/alliance pays for it so i dont even have to grind to replace the shit in my hangar.
>>
what's some comfy solo play options?
>>
>>301667
roaming thru quiet parts of lowsec & NPC null during aussie primetime picking up all the good sites before the Europeans wake up.
>>
File: 1608257760983.jpg (24 KB, 320x320)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>lowsec
>>
>>300957
Conflating skill level with sheer numbers is retarded.
>>300961
I did for awhile. It got boring.
>>301006
>he's just a retarded bittervet baitposter that hasnt played in 10 years
I last played two years ago.
>and is still butthurt because some Russian guy multiboxxing 40 thrashers ganked his triple-box mining fleet that made 20mil/hour.
Holy fucking projection. I stopped mining in 2009 and PVPed ever since. Quit defending botting you gopnik subhuman nigger.
>>
File: 1597264650469.jpg (10 KB, 379x374)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>nullsec
>>
>>301006
>anon complains about botting
>you bring up multiboxing
uhhhh retard bro...
>>
>>302024
what were you even trying to say with this? nobody likes botting, but you're clearly just another assblasted retard who realized eve online wasn't his pve roleplaying paradise he thought it was going to be and now thinks he needs to warn everybody of this fact. this might shock you, but while eve certainly has a lot of problems, it still provides a unique gameplay niche for those who understand it's not a pve game and not primarily an honorable 1v1 game either. if you want immersive space exploration you can play freelancer, if you want player interaction you can play eve, and if you want only enough stimulation for your two brain cells you can play SC or E:D
>>
File: 1607601985308.jpg (507 KB, 1463x1485)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
>Star Citizen
>>
>>302041
>but you're clearly just another assblasted retard who realized eve online wasn't his pve roleplaying paradise he thought it was
Can you read you dumb fucking nigger? I PVP. I literally only did plexes to make money to PVP. What the fuck do you get out of shilling this P2W piece of chink shit and being a disingenuous faggot trying to strawman in literally every post to deflect criticism on how bad the botting problem is?
>>
>>302080
I can read. your post was vague as shit, meaning you're just a shit player who larps as someone who plays eve like all carebears do. you already fucked off from eve (good decision), fucking off from the thread would naturally follow
>>
>>302115
You're the one defending bots you russian nigger. The fact you brought up multiboxing as if it's been a thing since like 2012 shows you're the one larping. Go hang yourself you pathetic faggot.
>>
>>302124
Alright, let's analyze your posts a bit, shall we? you seem to be implying that eve was made either unplayable or simply too unpleasant to play by botters. Then, when it's suggested that you're primarily a PvE player, you go on to claim that you "PVP" as some kind of defense. So... what in what way did botters ruin your eve experience? Something's not adding up here. Were you trying to have 1v1 honor duels and... bot small gangs killed you? Were you in fleet battles and... bot cap fleets killed you? Bot small gangs? Bot stealth bomber swarms? I think you're starting to see my confusion.

In fact, in re-reading your posts, the only evidence of engaging in PvP I can find seems to be that you got bored hunting bots, presumably those engaging in PvE activities.

From this we can pretty safely deduce you are trash and left eve like basically every incompetent carebear who fundamentally doesn't understand the game. But definitely clear up any misconception's I've got, if you can
>>
>>302133
>Were you trying to have 1v1 honor duels and...
3/4ths of the people you find in the warzones are 2 week old chink bots that aren't fun to kill, if you can even catch them since they constantly spam dscan and warp away as soon as something appears.
>>
File: 2527429.png (50 KB, 312x376)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>302166
>warpcore/istab punisher plexing bots
>>
File: 1545534719188.png (96 KB, 467x311)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>tfw no nigmatar breeding slave
>>
>>302169
Yes, they are a plague, if I had to wager a guess they make up at least 10% of all the characters logged in at any one time, lowsec is swamped with them.
>>
>>302166
wow, unfit frig bots are making FW plex PvP less interesting? never mind everything I said, eve really is dead!
>>
>>302176
this but unironically
>>
I think I would have more sympathy for the bot frigs in plexes issue if not for the fact that these botters aren't taking anyone's place. like, if the bot frigs weren't in the plexes, then nobody else would be. I can see getting frustrated warping into a plex and realizing it was just another chinese bot. that said I have spent a couple hours in FW space on a new character and already have had three really great fights with other frigs. I would have had these fights with or without the botters, because they would have been in FW space either way. so is this fundamentally an issue of dscan clutter or what?
>>
>>302187
Ultimately they do, who would ever join FW and grind plexes when bots are rampant and devalue your LP so much? Moreover, who would ever grind plexes just to take over enemy systems when you can just dock in neutral shitadels in enemy space anyway?
>>
>>302196
>who would ever join FW and grind plexes
good question. maybe I'm just biased against the whole FW concept to begin with so I don't really care that bots run plexes instead of month olds who would also warp out at the first sign of trouble. FW always seemed like a rather forced way to generate PvP content that was always going to be a failure
>>
>>302133
>Bots don't directly interfere in PVP so they're not a problem
You're sitting there trying to brush off botting as a non issue because of that? Tell me when did you begin hating this game? Do you have some sort of vested interest in defending botting? Do you bot yourself? I seen it without exaggeration every single day in null sec.
>I can find seems to be that you got bored hunting bots
You told me to go kill bots and I said I did. That wasn't exclusively my source of PVP. I roamed. Again you're trying to strawman like a desperate dumb nigger. I'm beginning to think you're some sort of schizo active retard at this stage.
>
From this we can pretty safely deduce you are trash and left eve like basically every incompetent carebear
We can safely deducce that you are absolutely determined to drive some narrative that anyone that has a problem with the state of the game being ruined by p2w + bots is a 'carebear' even though it's carebears that most benefit from this. It blows my mind how you drew up this retarded conclusion.
>>
>>302413
gosh, given about half a day to respond I would have hoped you could do a little better than another non-sequitur laden schizo meltdown. I think if there's one thing both of us can agree on, it's that eve probably isn't your game
>>
>>302523
All you do is strawman. Because you can't actually confront my criticism on the issues of bots and p2w. You'd rather just say I'm 'not tough enough for eve' and act like some sort of smug faggot because people have better things to be doing with their life than playing shittily managed games.
>>
>>302523
Non sequitur refers to someone not following from previous statements. We've been solidly on the same topic the entire time. Despite any of your pathetic attempts to deviate. Your gas lighting shit isn't gonna work. You can fuck off now, faggot.
>>
You have no idea what you are talking about lol There's not one thing goons are afraid of. What could you POSSIBLY do to them? Glass 1DQ1? Could you, tho? I don't think so. But even if you could - that's it.

The MOST you could EVER dream of doing is evicting goons from Delve. And how exactly is it going to hurt Gooswarm Federation? They have already replaced mining and krabbing locations and make even more ISK than before. What are you gonna do to cause them grief or even inconvenience? Spam local?

And now let me tell you why YOU should be afraid:

If 1DQ1 falls, large part of Goonswarm will inevitably relocate to Pochven and populate most Pochven systems. Once it happens, they will be able to very quickly move subcap fleets to any part of New Eden - Pochven is like a highway. Black Rise to Derelik? One jump. Domain to The Citadel? Two jumps.

Add a blops or two - and they could drop a full fleet of bombers and recons on targets in nearly all lowsec and nullsec systems within 20 to 40 minutes, persistently, contrary to wormholes, with impunity and without any viable counterplay.

Target spotted in nullsec? Freeburn trough Pochven towards target system Cyno or filament to k-space Travel to jump range, where BLOPS awaits. Cyno in Kill shit If can't handle something just disengage, cloak, deaggro and filament home - alone or in groups, doesn't really matter - only to drop again on the same or yet another target.

You fools created an indestructible monster. Once goons are evicted from 1DQ1 you won't be able to mine or krab anywhere within two-three jump range from all Pochven systems. Imagine having all your structures permanently reinforced - just because goons can do it. Imagine renters refusing to pay because they can't farm and you can't even defend their structures. Imagine a structure timer every 10 minutes. Imagine Bombers Bar, but bigger, badder and determined to make you cry.

And there's not a one damn thing you could do.
>>
>>302784
here's hoping they do this to FRT
>>
>>287766
try starsector with mods. eve is long gone
>>
>>302851
how is it in any way related
>>
>>302688
based
>>
File: 1597152235371.gif (2.51 MB, 286x258)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB GIF
>wormholes
>viable counterplay
>>
>>302784
caps/supers and cits were the worst shit to happen to EVE ever, prove me wrong
>>
citadels are better than pos
>>
>>303113
correct, and I would add the failure of CCP to contain chinese to the chinese server, since they are the overwhelming culprits behind the bot plague
>>303119
I think POS code should have been rewritten and POSes given a small rework to include the moon mining changes (passive moon income was a problem and it was right to solve it), and I think only large and extra-large citadels/engineering complexes should have been added, more or less in the state they are now. Medium sized citadels being hard to kill, free to upkeep, and so cheap that a solo player could plop a dozen down without a second thought, was FUCKING retarded.
>>
>>303142
meanwhile, literally everything about pos is retarded
>>
>>303142
Russians and Chinks are both culprits behind botting, cheating, boosting, gold selling and so on in any game they get into. When are we excommunicating these subhumans from video games?
>>
>>303147
At least POS had no damage cap so it encouraged people to commit more than the bare minimum. Which in turn caused counter drops and big fights to happen.
>>
>>303166
look beyond structure warfare and cap fights and think of the day to day. automatic weapons with infinite range are gay bullshit. having no kind of weapons timer thing where you can chase people and kill them outside is gay bullshit. having over 9000 d-scanner entries at all times everywhere you go because 1 pos consists of 100 things is gay bullshit. thematically the invincible space bubble you hide inside is also gay bullshit compared to being a physical structure

and yeah damage caps are awful, but they're a retarded sort of workaround for the problem of caps making subcaps redundant, which I've no idea what they could do about
>>
>>303181
I would pay to play an eve online where dreads and carriers are as far as it got. Bring back old triage.
>>
>>303181
>thematically the invincible space bubble you hide inside is also gay bullshit
tethering is gay bullshit
>9000 d-scanner entries at all times
you could filter out everything except the tower if you want
>>
>>303164
>>303142
Alpha accounts made this possible, at least before that multiboxers and botters had to make enough isk to plex all their accounts
>>
caps should have been designed to stay in their own lane, fighting other caps, attacking structures and logi to capitals only.
>>
>>303187
>tethering is gay bullshit
the current mechanics are a slight improvement over 60s deaggro docking games
>you could filter out everything except the tower if you want
obviously I do that, but they should still fix the game
>>
>>303193
You know Russians pay the equivallent of like 5 euros for their subs, right? This problem goes back before Alpha. It's not like they can't afford their subs. Russians are just niggers and play the gibs me dat game so they get cheaper subs on everything. This significantly lowers the cost of their botting operations. Alpha made that investment free and expanded it.
>>
>>303197
See that doesn't really make sense though, does it? What reason would you ever have to bring capitals if they're only effective against capitals?
>>
>>303258
why don't all subs cost the same price
>>
>>303342
because russians are niggers. people keep thinking I'm memeing. they're literally white niggers.
>>
>>287766
Yeah sure. If you specialise in one thing catching up shouldn't take too long. And as others have said, join a nice CORP.
>>
>>302688
the non sequitur refers to the constant claims that you (or this guy) engages in PvP (relevant to our botting conversation... how?) and that anyone who disagrees with him is "defending botting" (they aren't). given how out of nowhere these frequently recurring points came up, at this point I felt non sequitur was a valid description.

an argument that would logically follow would be a detailed account of precisely how bots ruined this individual's eve experience-- which we won't ever get, because it would demonstrate he's a shithead who doesn't do anything worthwhile in the game
>>
>>303383
Because it is so obvious why botters ruin people's experience, how HAVEN'T they ruined yours?
>>
>>303383
>relevant to our botting conversation... how?
You're the one who brought up me apparently only being a PVE carebear. You brought it up. How are you this thick?
>>303445
Because he's in denial at how much damage botting has done to the game over the years. Capital proliferation and citadels everywhere.
>>
>"Capital proliferation"
this is an awful meme. capitals being harder to get would not make them acceptable
>>
>>303666
every cap except dreads should be removed 2bh
>>
>>304786
freighters are ok
>>
>>304969
freighters are alright, but not jump freighters
>>
bros why are all the ships 2-4x more expensive to produce now?
>>
>>305018
because ccp finally decided to adjust ship manufacturing costs for inflation, isk value has halved since 2014 but ships until recently cost the same or less isk because of the obscene amount of minerals being mined
>>
>>305033
huh, some of the ships I was planning to build were already equal or exceeding the cost of the materials. guess that dream is dead until I either suck it up and mine the minerals or grind isk. just seems strange to me that the ships still cost the same on the market, maybe it's just taking time to adjust
>>
>>304969
Freighters are the worst. Imagine how much more interesting null would be if you actually had to haul shit manually rather than teleporting infinite everything directly from high sec with zero risk.
>>
>>305571
People would have to escort shit around. Jump bridges would still be scouted and utilised though.
>>
>>305571
>>305684
escorting freighters sounds like great """content""" honestly (kill everyone who uses that word unironically). they could be made bigger, or the size of things people haul could be adjusted or whatever, I don't care, but having ships in space moving about and getting exploded would be nice
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (174 KB, 1033x539)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>303342
Digital goods and services have an infinite supply, so the prices are based on the customer's willingness to pay in order to maximize profit. It's why shit on steam is cheaper to buy in argentina, because everyone there is poor and can only afford a couple bucks.
>>
>>306125
napoc or bust
>>
>>306125
you'd literally still make more isk/hour in a venture or cheap t1 barge.
even a porpoise doing it's crappy 25mil/hour would be better, put 1 drone on each asteroid and go afk for 60km3
>>
>>306170
shit's gay. it should be the same price everywhere
>>
>>305944
I'd actually play an Eve Online where we didn't get T3C and capitals didn't exist.
>>
>>306828
t3s are shit and capitals are fixed now
>>
>t3s are shit and capitals are fixed now
what did he mean by this
>>
File: 139k ehp heated btw.png (287 KB, 1476x684)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
>>
>>307173
>Slower than most battleships
>Shit tier application
>Didn't load ammo because even with ammo loaded it still doesn't do any damage
>Still has barely more EHP than a buffer fit Gila despite this
>The Gila also does around 750-850 DPS though
>>
File: 1615082579369.png (106 KB, 560x400)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>Let's compare it to a balanced ship like a gila
>>
When will rats intelligently tackle down drones, use ewar against and finish them off?
>>
>That retarded 90% of eve players who think using normal missiles on a cruiser or above is a problem and the damage application is bad unless you fit 3 webs and 5 painters
>>
>>307189
buff HAMs and maybe i'll use them more over RLML
>>
there's nothing wrong with hams. using RLMLs has warped your brain
>>
>>307188
my drones are already being killed in like half a second of launching them with no chance to save them so idk what you mean
>>
>>307303
NPCs prioritise targets with ewar. Try it.
>>
I would come back to play if there was a comfy WH corp so I could chill with pve and have fun with pvp.
>>
File: 1601732773815.jpg (36 KB, 300x300)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>307181
>>The Gila also does around 750-850 DPS though
>>
>>307188
in literally any of the current content that uses the new AI

>>307489
wormholes and null are shit because you can unironically make more isk/hour in highsec flying frigates and destroyers now.
>>
abyssals were a mistake
>>
>>307489
im pretty sure all-out stll exist, its a long standing wh 4chan guild
>>
File: Eve_chart.jpg (898 KB, 2816x2816)
898 KB
898 KB JPG
Happy 18th birthday EVE!
>>
38 days until I can fly a rorqual wish me luck
>>
>>308066
why would you bother at this point? they're about to get nerfed into the ground and the cost to buy one went up a shitload.
not to mention, since their cost went up people are going apeshit ganking them right now.
you're just gunna lose it in a day or two and come crying here that you lost 8bil.
>>
>about to get nerfed into the ground
sceptical
>>
>>307780
All Out of members lmao
>>
CCP have spent the last 2 months saying they're gunna nerf the Orca and Rorqual, noreplyautist.
>>
>-50 hull, -5 scan res, -0.1 Agility
yeah I can sense huge nerfs coming
>>
>>287850
Sadly this is true, CCP announced that they are actively fighting the botting problem but since they love money as every other company does omega bots will probably never get removed
>>
>>287766
Sure OP, but you gonna need some money to invest into trading, I suggest exploration, good money for not much risk
Also here's a 500 page guide from like 2010, a lot of things have changed but the fundamentals are still the same
http://www.isktheguide.com/
For anything else
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page
>>
>>288464
>Ratting
Bro do u want to quit the game in a week or what, telling noobs to rat is like telling them to go mining, the most boring activities in the entire game
>>
>>292150
>why's everything gotta be so expensive now?
Bots sadly, the price of ISK has been on the decline for years now because people hoard huge amounts of it through ratting and mining with bots or 16 chars
>>
>>292740
Always wanted to get a cap and fly the big dick ships, then I watched a video where cap pilot explained that its basically the same as flying a subcap its just worth more money
>>
>>298830
Just use gatecheck for travelling
https://eve-gatecheck.space/eve/
>>
File: fweagwhejrejaw.jpg (135 KB, 749x742)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>302784
Kek thanks for this anon you made me laugh a bit, always happy to see goons coping
>>
>>309114
capitals are very good ships for retards to fly
>>
>>306125
>Thoughts?
based
>>
>>306125
>that fit
59.8k/m3 of ore per hour
Costs 700mil
10,000m3 of cargo

>Venture
38.8k/m3 ore per hour
Costs 6mil
5000m3 Ore hold
Is also double warp stabbed

>Porpoise
66.8k/m3 ore per hour
Costs 190mil
67,500m3 ore hold
Can boost and has tractor bonuses

>Retriever
91.2k of ore per hour (with correct crystals loaded)
Costs 70mil

I mean fair enough if you want to pretend like it's 2007 again, or if you cant fly a mining barge yet but.....
27,500m3 ore hold
>>
all mining support ships (porp, orca, rorq) reduced to 0 direct mining ability when
>>
>>302795
I want the chinks kicked out of the server
>>
>>310464
porp fukkn way slow though.
it's only schtick is you can go afk for a full hour in highsec when CODE are asleep.

>>310816
after Goons are dead the next war will be everyone vs china
>>
>>310816
Hey man... they happily feed their bots and occasional excavs/carriers
though there's an argument to be made about the small population that greatly enjoys the activity to hunt/kill them, versus the entire population's enjoyment(spoiled by the botting's effects on the economy)
>>
>>310913
porps are utterly retarded. their tank is huge, their meme bait potential is massive, they align like a destroyer or something, get the fuck out of here ccp
>>
>>310816
This, kick out the stupid vpn chinese and the russians and the bot problem will go away
>>
>>310939
Yeah but hunting bots isn't fun, they almost immediately warp out the moment you enter system anyways, and they are destroying the economy by heavily inflating ISK
>>
>>290186
>It's a second job.
I would agree with you if you went full no life 24/7 mode, but in reality other mmos are more of a second job with much less to gain from them
Lets say for wow for example, you reach max level you run dungeons and do raiding to get better gear, you do your world quests every single day because if you don't you are gonna fall behind
In that definition wow is more of a second job with literally no gain
In Eve if you have a lot of money you can literally do whatever the fuck you want
>>
File: bda.png (101 KB, 380x349)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>290845
>where is the undock button
>>
>>291402
>would prices eventually start to fall across the board?
Probably yes, if you look at the economic report most of the ISK in the market is generated by ratting, if you deleted the bots it would fall down tremendously
>less ISK in the market
>ISK value goes up
>things become cheaper, especially PLEX
>>
Whoever this Entropic Disintegrator Werpost guy is, he's pretty good at pvp.
>>
>>311973
shoutout to his alt: Unstable Abyssal Depths, he must REALLY hate gilas
>>
>>288382
>Faction drones
>Omega
Fuck off poorfag
>>
>>288338
just use caldari faction drones lol
>>
>>299644
It took me less than a week to figure out

Made 4 bill in a month, low effort too
>>
Is there any profit in industry in this game anymore? If I was to ever return to eve it would be to do that. But the last time I played you could barely make any profit from it even with huge perks like bpo and max skills.
>>
IT'S HAPPENING, TUNE IN.
>>
>>313018
BOMBOMBOMBOMB GOGOGOG!!!!
>>
File: 1602361483529.jpg (17 KB, 300x270)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>nullification and wcs updates
good shit m8s
>>
the more you look the more it hurts https://zkillboard.com/kill/92425143/
>>
>>313061
missing an expanded cargohold/salvager, otherwise pretty good
>>
File: 1603487491379.jpg (32 KB, 620x270)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>312952
no
there's no profit in industry
that's why no-one makes anything
instead we make ships out of drops we get from ratting and buy hulls from NPC sell orders
>>
>>287766
Player base is absolutely cancer, they will never let you just explore in peace (even though you could make a billion ISK a day, in better places), and you get banned when you shit on them in chat after them being pieces of shit. The ingame culture is cancer, and there is literally a faction of space niggers, that's canon still larps about muh slavery, in fucking space. Don't play this, you could waste a month of your life, or real money if you are a retard before you realise this game is fucked beyond repair, due to censorship, and it's playerbase. And the game constanty changes in a way to prevent passive ISK earning, expects you to sit in place doing monotonious tasks, that could/should be automated because they are not fun. You are being forced into pvp situations in any place where proper ISK can be earned, and it is never a fair fight, solo players can get teamed on by gate campers, gate campers get teamed on by larger raiding parties, and so on. Game is for oversocialised worthless pieces of shit, who are busy verbally sucking each other off on discord, while doing menial boring tasks in game. Spare yourself and avoid this shit, and if anyone admit giving this company money, kill them.

And if you think this is a good podcast game, don't, because you'll spend the first weeks learning so many things about the game while playing that you cannot pay attention to your podcast, and if you team up you are forced to listen to discord instead.
>>
>>313924
And when you get banned for chat offenses, it is full ingame ban, it means you cannot do anything in game, even if you have omega (premium) time ticking, and you will not be compensated. And most higher skills, which takes days, weeks, or months to reasearch are only avaible for omega, and if you run out of that during the ban, tough shit, you can't access that, try to regain enough ISK without skills to rebuy omega again, or pay real money goyim. So fuck these kikes, everyone in the company deserve to die.
>>
>>313924
ywnbaw
>>
>>313457
cheers. looks like i won't be returning. fuck this dead game.
>>
>the Chinese guy on TiS
>having a cry about nullification changes
>is confronted about why
>"c-cuz.... w-well.... SHUTTUP"
what a fucking fag lmao
>>
>>314533
everyone is mad but there's nothing wrong with the changes
>>
>>314786
nullbabbies mad that they have to press a button now
>>
>>313924
>be utterly incomprehensibly bad
>cry and shitpost
>>
>Previously fill a rack with Wcs for a total anti scramble pwr of -8 .
>Now its just -3 limited to 1 per ship.
I don't know what to think, too limited.
>>
>still no fix for mwd cloak trick
>after however many years at this point
>it's not even being talked about, it's just accepted
>>
>>315108
it's considered a non-exploit, that's why it's accepted
https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/204873262-Known-Declared-Exploits
>>
>>315179
it's unintended and gay as shit
>>
>>313924
Anon it's a MMO sandbox. Some players get their fun getting kills. If you want a singleplayer game then it's not the game for you.
>>
>>295533
It doesn't make any ducking sense when I have +9.99 to guristas. They're still red to me.
>>
What happened to Dust514 and the two cancelled shooters they've developed since?
>>
>>317012
Cancelled for now. CCP Is currently developing the successor in their London studio for now. No real info beyond that.
>>
File: 1597091537899.png (149 KB, 500x375)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>still no marauder nerf
>>
>>317067
Just drop caps on it, bro.
>>
Got myself 2.5m sp should I get marauder 5 or black ops V?
>>
File: 1607783772240.jpg (49 KB, 500x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>marauder shills on /dog/
>>
>>317076
HAC and AssFrigs 5 instead
>>
any one here have a fun pocket of space, i just want to scan and make money, honestly the money is negotiable i just really like scanning but hate wormholes.
>>
File: 1591755654515.png (38 KB, 229x205)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>Mobile Observatories

This is actually more cancer than I expected. I was expecting something you had to anchor in a system that took a long time to set up, instead it's just a fucking deployable like a depot, so you can't even safely go take a piss in an empty system
>>
>you can't even safely go take a piss in an empty system

just burn away from the ess beacon forever
>>
>>317975
if it costs like 30mil or so i'd be happy with that.
warp to it when they're not sitting near it and blow it up for an easy killmail.
>>
>>289026
>someone who got hazed and couldn't learn from it
Not him but just heading into lowsec to meet up with a couple of friends landed me in front an entire player blockade, unstealthed me, tractor locked and blew me to shit. what I "learned" from that is you need to at all times if possible, roll with a corp group, but the problem with that is I'm not forking over my fucking social security number because the turbo nigger corporation in question demands i do so.

Dust 514 had so much potential in that 1st person shooter shitters could, on a whim, royally fuck up an EVE autists life.
>>
>>321390
>roll with a corp group, but the problem with that is I'm not forking over my fucking social security number because the turbo nigger corporation in question demands i do so.
you're so disconnected from how the game actually works it's hilarious.
just apply to some chill corp somewhere.
the "interview" is usually just 10min of sipping a beer together with the dude and swapping stories of shit you've done in Eve.
>social security number
a meme
they just want to see your character's skills.
a corp that wants to pry through your isk transaction list or evemails is not worth applying to.

lastly, you're a dumbshit for just blindly jumping into lowsec gates.
use 3rd party websites and the ingame map to track which areas are active and which are safe.
the in-game map literally tells you if a system is currently dangerous or not.

if you see a system with a bunch of recent kills in it, on a gate by a large group of people then it's a solid bet that there's a gatecamp in there.
>>
File: 85673466598.png (2.18 MB, 2574x938)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
>>308052
>>
File: 1596084811755.jpg (8 KB, 292x325)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
is there a less dead eve thread than this
>>
>>323075
There's a reason /eog/ kept dying.
>>
I love the Maller, it's so bad.
>>
>>323108
yeah, everyone shits on any sort of active discussion
>>
>new stargates
this sounds kind of bad
>>
I started pretty late. You aren't all that fucked mechanically compared to vets, and it's fun if you find a good corp and enjoy the gameplay. However the game is objectively fucking dying, CCP are hopeless, game is full of bots and shitty reddit alliance 'drama' between the same shit blobs.

STRONGLY recommend against playing solo. The game lives and dies on relationships - all the stories you hear about sabotage and player-driven economy rely on everyone being social.
>>
>>325313
>However the game is objectively fucking dying
>when player counts have been the highest in years
>after Korea and Japan got their own localizations
>when we're still in the middle of the biggest, longest war we've ever had
sure man keep dreaming
until then, go back to Dota threads and cry about how 4 million players is "dead"
>>
>Dota
fag
>>
>>287766
Eve online is the main reason I seethe about Something Awful goons. What a bunch of spoiled children. IDGAF that they griefed. We all did. What I had issue with was their double standards. They could dox,harrass and fuck with you all they wanted but if you ever retaliated you were an evil bigot. No wonder most of them became SJWs the past decade. They can have fun at your expense but don't you dare try to stop their fun.

Also the way they all tantrumed over Scam Citizen to the point of catering to a literal schizo was really fucking hillarious
>>
>>326295
it's quite something to be unironically worse than redditfags. I wonder how much better eve would've turned out if these fagmasters hadn't latched onto it all those years ago
>>
Anyone else doing the trailblazer event, is it exciting?
>>
>>327839
sounds shit
>>
>>327839
the new gates thing has potential to be cool, but otherwise it's
>GUYS
>GO MINING
>IN SHITTY SYSTEMS
>WHILE PEOPLE TRY TO GANK YOU
>YEAH THAT'LL BE FUN
>GO MINING SERIOUSLY
in systems/areas nowhere near Minmatar highsec, which is where literally everyone mines nowadays.
>>
3 days until my rorqual skills finish.
>>
>>331106
You know you're gonna be a boost bot right
>>
>materials for a faction cruiser cost 300+
>cruiser itself sells for 230
Literally wtf has ccp done? How am I suppossed to make a profit from this shit?
>>
>>332365
people sitting on massive stockpiles of 1000s of hte cunts.
gunna take months for shit to stabilise to it's real price.
>>
>>332402
And that's not even all. I came back after two years and BS cost 340M lol. The fuck is this? Most of my money making shit is gutted. DED invulns and eanms cost peanuts, clone tags dropped by 50% or so. The flying fuck is ccp doing? Now they add a shitload of memematerials to everything killing any profit even more.
>>
>>332406
when a thing is being made more expensive, everyone in the game dumps all their money into buying it and its components because why wouldn't they, and then the price is fucked for a while
>>
>>332471
The problem is that the price of the materials now makes most of the hull cost. Before you just bought 15-20M in minerals and just build the cruisers. Now the faction shit has profits comparable with t1 production, so none. Also ccp in their infinite wisdom decided to add the garbage even to navy frigs and cruisers so I guess they want 60M firetails or something?
>>
File: 1503691758127.png (38 KB, 576x552)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>log in after two years
>daily login rewards
>>
>>332481
there's nothing wrong with any of that
>>
t. tristurd
>>
you're getting all mad because it takes time for prices to adjust
>>
The point is that they could do other things to raise prices like nerfing drop rate and raising LP price. Not adding ten layers of memematerials that 1, make t1 BSs even more shit 2, give value to hisec moons
>>
are you confident that the prices have recovered from brainlet speculation from everyone in the game? because if not there's no point going on about it
>>
Game is way past its prime. I started around 2012 and played solid for a few years. Game is a ghost town compared to then, and if there are people, they're in their own player structures. Much more interaction before, station games, when syndicate was the home of small gang PvP. I played for a while recently and I've given it up for good. What was once a brilliant game just isn't anymore.
>>
>>332831
>Game is way past its prime
There still isn't any game like it out there.
>>
File: L47Ocfg.png (137 KB, 1000x700)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Any CSM this year that aren't retards?
>>
File: 1610702380957.jpg (37 KB, 600x540)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>CSM
>>
>>333236
Stitch, I guess.
>>
>>332406
just avoid making any of that shit for a while.
we're in a period of the game's history where null is shitty and pointless, lvl4 missions are shitty and pointless and anyone can make 100mil/hour with an assault frigate in highsec.

go make a couple hundred millions flying a Worm or a Retribution then use that money to go kill cunts in lowsec, now that lowsec is decently populated.
>>
>>332504
>rewards are usually the drugs no-one wants or random worthless filaments.
>at best you can hope for a cruiser BPC and make some ships if you have the minerals lying around.
>>
>>332599
>raising LP price
wont ever happen with the sheer number of people farming burner missions with a dozen alts to re-roll missions.
>>
>>334896
>anyone can make 100mil/hour with an assault frigate in highsec
huh?
>>
>>334897
>Improved Frentix for Energy weapons
>worthless
>>
>energy weapons
>caring about falloff
>>
File: 1478358124388.jpg (66 KB, 846x846)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>Energy weapons
>>
File: 1608742633396.jpg (237 KB, 1964x1843)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>now that lowsec is decently populated
>>
>now that lowsec is decently populated
I think he means those few systems where pvp happens all the time and not all of lowsec
>>
>>335482
>>335421
>>335158
>>335050
>no reply autist replying to himself
like pottery
>>
>>334933
Abyssals
>buy a Gila, Jackdaw, Worm or Retribution
>buy filaments
>spawn quick, fun & challenging PVE content literally anywhere you want
>make 70mil/hour ~ 1.4bil/hour depending how gud you are and how bling your fit is
>>
File: 1526492116933.jpg (26 KB, 371x363)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>spawn quick, fun & challenging PVE content literally anywhere you want
>>
Fucking russians everywhere. They ruin travel in null and low sec. Niggers with Sabres everywhere. And a trend that I just noticed recently is gatecamps with smartbombs, at the most random unexpected gates. Fuck this shit. How the fuck is a new players supposed to earn enough from exploration to plex and get covert ops quick, to be safe in wh-s?
>>
>>335808
This game causing me to want to genocide russians, at a level nearly comperable to their ww2 crimes.
>>
>>335808
you could travel with filaments
>>
File: 333.png (17 KB, 200x200)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
does this thread have a corp?
>>
>>336529
all-out
>>
>>336533
is there an ingame channel
>>
>>336539
'doomed from the start'
>>
>>336533
the person was weird, are there any other corps?
>>
File: 1530210052548.jpg (37 KB, 640x852)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
catposting in a /dog/ thread
>>
File: 2021.06.06.20.56.09.png (1.31 MB, 1920x1200)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>went on my first DED voyage into null
>finish three sites
>go back to my chain to HS
>hole collapse
>wtf wasn't even EOL
>had to go into a random wh i found and scan my way back
>scouting with my frig in the escape bay
What a fucking journey
>>
>marauders
I want to die
>>
Why? Don't like flying cool ships?
>>
>>289026
>I smell either someone who got hazed and couldn't learn from it
What's there to learn except "sink 20k into the game" or "become a scamming subhuman sociopath" and preferably both?
>>
File: 1534948257273.jpg (24 KB, 272x245)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>sink 20k into the game
>>
>marauders
>cool ships
just another nail in the coffin for solo/small gang
>>
>marauder goes to siege
>gang leaves grid
w-whoa so hard
>>
this "game" is a retarded joke
>>
>>336784
Just like your life
>>
File: t3_7bw211.jpg (144 KB, 1363x1379)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>eris
>>
File: 1609477347329.jpg (6 KB, 114x115)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
it's unironically sort of good now for some things
>>
Is this basically a space sim except you're just a lowly NPC grinding away, which made tolerable by roleplaying with the other NPCs and occasionally encountering actual PCs? Basically, X3 but now you're a plebeian in exchange for godly AI everywhere.

Can you have fun if you start out solo then clan but stay on F2P?
>>
>>337163
>roleplaying in eve
I fucking wish
>>
>>337163
There are numerous things you can do solo but it is far more fun with others. Just find a chill corp that doesn't take it too seriously or expect you to be on voice chat while you play.
>>
____ _______
>>
Is it still possible to do L4 missions and Incursions still? Do groups for these things still exist? I just want to lazily log in from time to time and blast a few NPCs in high sec, I don't care to go roaming around low or null again, nor do I want to go back to the wormhole life or go exploring. I just want to shoot shit in games while shooting the shit on comms with my buddies.
>>
File: wh adventure.png (251 KB, 1353x1539)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>336647
The most fun in EVE happens when things go wrong.
>>
>>337315
In English?
>>
>>288848
Actually I would not recommend T1 on a Punisher or Hookbill as a newbie, maybe T0. But even for T0 you are better off using a Worm, because it is much faster. I just tried abyssals in a bling Worm fit, with minimal skills, in about 1 hour, did 11 tranquil (T0) exotic sites, and earned 38 mill ISK. Will move to T1, after maxing out the alpha skills for drones and shield.

After trying this, I can honestly say alpha exploration does not worth it. When creating alpha, do all the career agents (3 locations of your faction, and 3 location of the friendly faction) and the SoE epic arc, you should have enough to get a Worm. Then you are better off just grinding T0 Abyssals. More reliable, requires less attention, less risk. About 40 hours of playing allows you to plex.

And if you do abyssals least you won't contribute to the income of gatecamping explorer hunting pieces of shits, like Arkhos Core, E.B.O.L.A, and """Brave""" Collective (I would murder every single member of any of those groups).

Also exploration is pretty much dead, half of the player corps will aggro on you in null, if you explore in their space, pirate systems are picked clean, maybe by bots. All stargates from null to high are guarded at almost all the time, and even if you approah high from a low sec system, with large detour, you are bound to run into gatecamps, sometimes with smartbombs half the time. The only "safe" exit from nullsec is wh-s, and direct null to high wh-s barely spawn, and usually everything around them get picked clean, and if you go into wh space from null, you might end up having to do 40-50 scans before you finally get an exit, and chances are high that you get fucked by some asshole in an Astero or or some even bigger asshole who is only in wh space to hunt. Loot in boxes got dismally bad (I tried the game few years ago, and remember boxes that had 70-80mill in them), now I did only found a few that had 20+ (in two weeks), most are trash, and have just a few hundred k.
>>
>>337315
>dscan picks up a navy geddon
Those were differrent times
>>
File: 2426382.png (67 KB, 195x200)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>gate to stain
>>
File: 1622040009725.jpg (38 KB, 288x499)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>Mobile Observatory
>Disallowed in: Wormhole
>>
File: 1507246888416.png (247 KB, 615x354)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>click this window to open voting page
>404
>>
File: 1607815304291.png (603 KB, 630x630)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>Your EVE Online account is not eligible to vote in the CSM Election.
>Upgrade to Omega to submit your vote.
>>
It works now.
>>
why should I vote for you suitonia
>>
Which one of these is NOT a sex offender?
>>
what
>>
>>335645
as opposed to what?
afk orbiting null sites in an ishtar for half of the payout? lmao
>>
>>336723
>make new account
>fit a kestrel or punisher
>run some abyssals for money
>save 100mil
>buy and fit 100 PVP frigates
>go PVP cunts in lowsec with bros over some beers
Simple as.
>>
>>336781
>>336783
>marauder goes into siege
>gives the locals a full minute to drop dreads and carriers on him for an easy 6bil killmail
>>
>>337163
the game is literally
>make money
>use money to either PVP or make more money
>repeat
>>
>>337338
T1 Hookbill is tough without good skills, but it's doable.
Worm is designed to run T2s, so a Worm with good skills smashes thru T1s in 6-7 minutes easily. Makes about 70mil/hour with almost no risk in T1s.
I ran some T2s in a Worm and the payout was almost not worth it, considering the slower clear times and more risk.

>explo not worth it
depends.
most of the time, yeah.
but explo is a dice roll and often there's people ahead of you that have already cleared the good cans from your sites.
Fit a cargo scanner and only bother even doing the mini-game for cans that have good loot in them.
If you're in Lowsec or Null then most of the time there's probably a Korean or Jap newbro 5 jumps ahead of you doing the same.
Half of the time it's almost more isk/hour sitting cloaked inside of a data site and catching cunts who warp in.

also you never mentioned running explo sites in C1~C3 wormholes, which is really what you should've been doing if you're doing explo seriously. Lowsec explo is a waste of time and Null's usually picked clean hours before you get there.
>>
>the locals
but the marauder pilot is a local
>>
>>338051
I would not be surprised if f2p players don't see the same data/relic site spawns, or there is a script that only spawns sites near paying costumers. Also "funny" that systems with players in them tend to have data/relic sites, but empty systems does not for 5 or more systems in a row. "Almost" as if game tries to set you up in a way that gets you killed (same with suddenly spawning wh connections). Sometimes you are in a wh, cleared every site of interest, than suddenly new scannable wh appears, and that wh brings in a roaming hunter player group, that might end up killing you. Pretty sure system throws easy content at paying costumers, at the expense of f2p by design.
>>
>>338142
Similar that now zkillboard does not show every kill anymore. So you have a lot less accurate data when planning a route. Or when escalation from combat site almost always leads you through a low sec system (that is almost always gate camped). CCP is the biggest enemy, than the paying pvp players it panders to.
>>
File: 1617773156729.png (160 KB, 500x374)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
Unironically take your meds. It's either
>CCP stealth nerfed spawn rate of everything
or
>you are not seeing the hordes of chink bots farming everything
I'm omega for years and lowsec used to shit out 5 and 6/10. Now I'm happy if I find one 6/10 over weekend.
>>
>>337391
Why do they even made mobile observatories at all? It's like every decision they make, makes the game worse. They ruined warp core stabs, that you can only fit one, and even that halves your drone bandwidth...

Any decision that makes gatecamps, and harassing solo players easier is bad.

I would not mind if they would remove warp scrambles and bubbles fully. Anyone who is not afk could get away from any fight if they align fast enough.
>>
>>338174
the only problem with the warp core stab nerf was putting it at -2 strength instead of -1
>remove bubbles
do you really want the whole game to end up an unplayable cesspit like lowsec
>>
>>338217
My only experience in low sec is dying at gates, either while running out of null exploration, or chasing an escalation combat site. Or once in an old acc trying to do a combat site, and getting killed while doing so. I don't see any point in going there, less profit than null, and just as dangerous.
>>
Use WHs to avoid LS camps.
>>
use filaments to avoid wormhole space
>>
Ah yes I love being thrown into perrigen falls.
>>
>>338142
you're way over thinking it
people hunting for data/relic sites look for empty systems and go to them in the hopes of finding sites to run.
they dont run sites in populated systems because 9 times out of 10 one of those guys is in a cloaked Proteus sitting in the site waiting for you to be halfway thru the hacking mini-game.
in null, it's literally not worth the time to run a data or relic site when you could be making money from anoms anyway, so they sit untouched for days.

the second you finish a site it instantly respawns somewhere else in the region, so if people keep running sites in empty systems eventually they all pile up in the handful of systems that no-one has the balls to run them in.

then Aussie timezone comes, server goes dead and even the most dangerous parts of space become safe, so then a few Korean/Jap newbros run them all

Remember, the "run explo as a newbro to get rich!" meme has been pushed for years now. It's no longer a well-kept secret. Since Koreans and Japs joined the game 3-4 months ago it's literally all they all did.

>>338158
>>you are not seeing the hordes of chink bots farming everything
this
>>
File: 1578679277099.jpg (56 KB, 640x844)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
I have played this game when I was 12 yrs old lel
is it still worth getting back into if I dont want to have a second job ? still have a t3 cruiser lying around and some battleships
>>
>>338049
based, like all mmos. pointless
>>
File: 1623010825515.jpg (332 KB, 750x806)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>289007
I agree, just get elite dangerous odyessy. Forget the bad reviews they putout like 3 patches and fix 80% of the problems and more features are coming. When you get in try and join a squad and multicrew. It's got a step learning curve but you'll feel like ham solo or star lord after you figure it out.

People bitched to no end when horizons came out but they made it work. I prefer my games to be like games and not like work, especially after working 10 hours with no break.
>>
File: 1478299775034.jpg (135 KB, 566x645)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>elite dangerous
>>
File: 1619795502510.jpg (24 KB, 316x286)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>338939
>>338961
Hehe i Hope Star Citizen works Out sometime
>>
File: 2021_06_10_18.23.34~01.jpg (276 KB, 1080x1706)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
mmm yes fill my buy order pussy
>>
>>338975
That shit still isn't cancelled?
>>
>>339022
Noo it will never be cancelled, it will never be finished lmaoo
>>
File: phantasm.png (57 KB, 1007x570)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>
>>339087
Can you engage Minmatar T2 with this?
>>
Depends what ship exactly are you shooting.
>>
shit fit
>>
>>338915
i mean video games as a hobby is pointless in general
like watching tv

but it's a good chill way to fill in time and as far as hobbies go, playing video games is a great way to save money.
>>
>>339087
what are you hoping to do with this fit?
orbit something at 1k/sec while doing 100dps before getting a 300mil loss mail?
>>
simply epic
>>
Abyssal grind is so fucking boring. I can't get myself to do more of it. Even just releasing and recalling drones become too much burden to do. T0 is like retard tier. T1 is not hard either, but I might lose 1-2 navy drones, and takes most profit out from the site.

Exploration in null pirate systems is just niggers chasing newbies. The fuck is one supposed to do that is fun, profitable, and is not just a grind?

Also Sabre players, can we just murder them all? Kill their families too, kill their mothers first for ever shitting them onto the planet.
>>
>>301006
Yeah. You should totally put up with that because...?
All those easy games (eve, runescape, even wow) can't exist in $currenttime and be a good experience. It's so easy to make bots when gameplay is smashing one button or doing one repetitive task over and over.
>>
>>339319
The scram is defensive
>>
File: Standard_dog_shitpost.jpg (117 KB, 500x452)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>Komodo
>>
File: 1505741832521.jpg (26 KB, 293x251)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>All Covert Ops exploration ships will receive a reduction in capacitor need to initiate warp, preventing them from finding themselves out of capacitor while mid-warp. The Helios and Cheetah will then be receiving a cloaked velocity bonus. The Anathema and Buzzard will instead excel at scanning with a reduction in scan deviation.
>>
File: 1612961396680.jpg (138 KB, 720x1184)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>Capacitor Capacity increased from 5312 to 5912
>>
>>339816
T0 insufferably repetitive. Get into T1, 10 run in end up driving off grid, while trying to avoid hits from a "Devoted Knight", lose 130m+ bling ship, +30mill loot, 5+ hours of abyssal cancer was all for nothing.

Fuck this game. Something always ruin all your work, an unusually shit spawn or some fag piece of shit other players.

How do you even play this game if you are not into "teamplay"? Every single task is so repetittive and boring that you will zone out, and when something unusual comes you die for not paying attention in that specific few second out of 5 long boring hours.

I don't see myself doing any security missions either. Since alphas can't level 4, but even after getting plexing, the cancer of travelling into multiple systems, random small ship missions, and the constant lowering of your standing with other factions. Fuck that.

Can't see myself grinding high combat sites, and running into my death with low sec crossing escalations.

Mining is just no, absolute no.

WH and null combat sites are ruined by roaming pack of niggers.

What is there to do in this game?

I have met human garbages with 14 year old accounts, that does nothing all day but gatecamp, because he claim to have done everything in the game, and that is the only thing that he is still playing the game for. As in really? Your fun is to gank herons in shitfits, and run when anything that can fight cames? Zero challange, waiting long ten minutes if not hours for something to come, then ruin someones day. Faggots like this should be gatecamped at their house, and stabbed to death the moment they open the door.
>>
File: 1535030277434.jpg (8 KB, 292x328)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>
>>339816
>The fuck is one supposed to do that is fun, profitable, and is not just a grind?
a combination of activities, both passive and active.
run some PI, R&D, blueprint research and manufacturing in between running missions, explo, ratting and abyssals.
>>
>>340066
>I don't see myself doing any security missions either. Since alphas can't level 4
alphas can lvl 4, but lvl 4s are ass now.
the money in missions these days is in running burner missions in pirate lowsec.

>As in really? Your fun is to gank
yes that's the point of the game.
why are you playing if you're not spending your money on PVP?
if you make 10mil that should be buying you 10 pvp frigates, 5 pvp destroyers or almost half of a cruiser for some fun with bros, smashing beers and getting sick killmails.

sounds like you're playing by yourself, doing boring shit and then complaining "man I did boring stuff solo, why am I bored?"
>>
File: 1602781464182.gif (1.43 MB, 268x185)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
>mfw shitters can't break even on pvp and have to unironically grind to pay for it
>>
File: 323583052.gif (111 KB, 220x156)
111 KB
111 KB GIF
>Man am I glad that capacitor cost reduction on warp saved my neck
Said no one ever, Rise you piece of dogshit.
>>
>>340086
I don't want to play with other "people". I don't drink alcohol. I don't pvp, unless in self defense. I have a grand total of 1 kill, because I never equip warp scramblers, so when I'm nearly finishing them off they can warp away.
>>
>>340086
I'm spending it on Daily Aplha Boosters, Large Skill Boosters, and collecting for plexing when reaching 5mill cap.
>>
>>340351
No offense but I don't think this is the right game for you.
>>
>>340363
This game is for the oversocialised lowest common denominator, who rather gang up like niggers and/or chase each other in destroyers, rather than to have everyone mind their own business grind npc-s and work up to capital ships.

Without fuckery from other players everyone could plex in a few hours, have exponential growth, and reach a level where it is no problem to solo an FoB pirate stronghold. But no, niggers "must" camp the gates and chase the exploring frigates instead.

If I were to every reach any power in real world, one of thing I would do is to find every player who ever killed a Heron in eve, and murder them, murder their family, murder their cousins and their best friends just to be sure that there are no pieces of shits like them are left alive in the world.
>>
>>340365
You sound poor lmfao.
>>
>>340365
Seems like you just want to kill NPCs all day to relax or something. Try another MMO or if you really want spaceships maybe the X series would be up your alley but EVE's definitely not for you.
>>
>>287766
Absolutely not.
You're 15 years too late.
>>
File: 1618333739449.jpg (18 KB, 400x349)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>340351
>i'm boring!
>why is this game so boring?
gee iunno anon
i suggest playing single player games then
>>
File: 1612767070205.jpg (44 KB, 678x645)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>340351
>I don't drink alcohol
no-one trusts a soberfag.
enjoy being left behind in life, my guy.
>>
>>340365
>grind npc-s and work up to capital ships
You are the problem in eve.
>>
>>340365
lol
>>
>>340365
>one of thing I would do is to find every player who ever killed a Heron in eve, and murder them
I killed a buzzard that was cynoing in his JF alt after chatting with him for a while in local, does that make me diabolical?
>>
>>340351
>Decides to play a MMO
>Doesn't want to communicate with other players
Cmon Anon, I know we're all autistic, but you gotta interact with some people to have fun
>>
File: 1490786252533.jpg (75 KB, 732x480)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
So is this board where the new /dog/ is? We've been unable to keep a thread alive on /vg/ even two years agowhen I stopped playing.
>>
>>340365
>racist
>bad at the game
i guess the studies were right
>>
File: 619168.jpg (68 KB, 960x832)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>implying racism is bad
>>
File: 1534951557142.jpg (282 KB, 1024x768)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
https://zkillboard.com/kill/93390745/
>>
This game is one of the best examples of why everyone with even a trace of russian blood should be exterminated.
>>
chinese*
>>
>>341797
No. Russians. Chinese just grind npc-s. Russians are truly acting like niggers. Spam scam shit in Jita local, gatecamp, harass explorers, type with their subhuman letters in their bio and in local chat. I'd kill them all.
>>
Fucking abyssals are cancer. Built a strong Worm fit for T1, that can handle even a Devoted Knight while my drones grind it down. Next run comes a fucking large rouge drone ship, kills all drones, so I have nothing to kill it with, and die, before even making back the ships price (which increased 10% in a single fucking day too).
>>
Russians just do what others also do. Chinks are the majority of bot traffic.
>>
>>341917
Embergrip Tessera
>>
>>341918
Never been killed by a chink in any scummy situation, and I always check bios. It's mostly russian niggers. Scum of the earth.
>>
Is this mad retard the new Dror?
>>
File: 1623620375129.jpg (8 KB, 293x328)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>someone's sperging madly on /dog/
>it's not me for once
>>
What is the most fun activity right now and why is it camping Ahbazon?
>>
File: 1619872819321.png (278 KB, 600x596)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>341915
>kid's still butthurt that russians blew up his Heron
lmao
>>
>>342331
Yes, enough of a reason to genocide them all, globally.
>>
>>342027
Smartbombing rancer
>>
File: 2021.06.15.20.50.13.png (28 KB, 252x249)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
literally and unironically kys
>>
>3 mil
based
>>
Honestly. I kinda feel like letting my omega lapse and shit around in t1 dessies until ccp stops pretending that dead nullsec and dead pve outside of abyssals is the best for the game
>>
le streamer face
>>
>dead nullsec
what did he mean by this
>>
>>342027
autistically defending my home system of Murethand
>>
Someone make new /dog/
>>
File: 1607479906443.jpg (8 KB, 296x331)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>343127

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.