[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 65 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 177b9b8245e.gif (3.58 MB, 320x200)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB GIF
SRB2 Kart is a mod of a mod based on the Doom Legacy engine, turning the game engine into a kart racer akin to Super Mario Kart. It's a very lightweight game and runs and most all PCs. Use this thread to start netgames, join other anons, give help/tips, spritework, modding, feedback, etc.

>How to Play (v1.3)
https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=43708
1. Download the game below in 'Full Install (...)'
>Compiling on Linux
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Source_code_compiling/Makefiles#Compiling_on_Linux
2. Unzip contents into a seperate folder
3. Load up 'srb2kart.exe'
4. That's it
>This looks like shit and it runs like shit
Get the Moe's Mansion/Birdhouse bootup. OpenGL supported.
https://kart.moe/moe-mansion/
https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45324

>News:
/v/ Server Character Survey:
https://forms.gle/5E8k4NaRRczJMUgM8
/v/ Server Map Survey:
https://forms.gle/eLKFTPF8sgYqXVZd6
>>
File: schizo_bros.....webm (1.58 MB, 640x400)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB WEBM
>How do I join you guys?!
>Where is the /v/ server?!
>Do we have a /v/ server?!
Yes. First you need to download the add-ons and mods (characters, maps, and racing mods). Get them here:
https://mega.nz/folder/kq5wkKgS#XTNs_x7XdvpmzOptCEH-Fw

>Joining a server
1. From the title screen, go to 'Multiplayer'
2. 'Internet Server Browser...'
3.'Specify IPV4 Adress...' and manually enter the server IP
>OK OK, faggot, what's the IP for the /v/ server?
>Using the Master Server
1. Select a server, and it will prompt you to any additional install/load add-ons and mods
2. Wait for the download
>If you time out/crash, close the game and try again
>Once you download mods for a server, you do not need to manually load them in 'Addons'; the game will load the respective mods automatically
3. Once in a room, if spectating, move your camera away from spectating players (this often causes synch failures on entering rooms)

>How in the fuck do you do tricks/use them?
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/acrobatics-v0-5a-abs-system.28277/
Most servers online feature mods with novel gameplay elements, i.e. tricks, boost-stacking. By starting with Time Trials, you won't be able to learn item management and defensive/offensive driving skills. The best learning method is to start playing online lobbies and constantly getting the shit beat out of you until you git gud. And remember: Ask ask ask! Chat in lobbies with 'T' and ask players for tips on handling and drifting, but also ask here!
>>
File: kek.webm (2.78 MB, 1024x632)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
Beginning tips:
1. Start with Time Trials and race the staff ghosts to learn the basic tracks (Vanilla)
Most importantly, time trials helps get a feel for the controls while learning
2. Start with Knuckles
>Why?
Knuckles is 5,5
This means he's 5 speed, 5 weight and right at the center of the chart (pic related)
3. Characters have 4 stats to note:
>Speed Vs. Acceleration
>Weight vs. Handling
Try to maintain speed via drifting. Drifting makes you inherently slower until you release. To successfully drift, your goal is to get at least blue sparks every turn. As you get better, you'll be able to better judge red and rainbow drifts on the right turns. Avoid hitting walls, stay on the road, and stay out-of-bounds. Once you master drifting, try to adapt to any other character. Ideally you should play characters you like, and you can still win with practice.

>>*Essential reading on drifting mechanics, game meta, and more*<<
https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45438
>>
Latest news from server anon and his hijinks:
Next Week's Experiment
>Server A will alternate between Tricks and No Tricks based on a time interval. Haven't decided on the interval. I'll have to set up the cron job later.
>Server B will have the Team Sonic Racing mod.
Why the change
>No one used both servers at the time. Having a Trick and No Trick dedicated server is pointless if people hop between servers
So why not shut down the second server?
>Fuck you
(Note: the second server does NOT has tricks active and the IP is: 165.22.14.126)
And a v2 video showing off a new stage and... well, you'll see: https://youtu.be/pDv3vdQA6f0
>>
>>278357
DO you retards ever listen when I say to use this for the new OP?
fucking autism
https://files.catbox.moe/w8samj.webm
>>
>>278372
I forgot about it. Well, this thread will last between a 7 to 12 days, so you got time to remind us.
>>
File: Map Design.webm (2.94 MB, 478x300)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>278363
>Can't just let you drive on a normal road for a bit, MUST force some kind of new gimmicky set piece on you every 5 seconds
>Narrow pathways that could easily be blocked by a single mine and be impossible to get through without getting hit
They're trying way too hard with this shit.
>>
>>278392
Just remember the devs are not competent and can't take criticism
>>
File: 1574132729064.png (180 KB, 540x456)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>don't like tricks
>when I do use tricks, use burst
>trickfags are trying to "compromise" with me by removing the style I do use
All or nothing, host. Also that alternating idea sound fine to me for now, no problems with it since that's basically what we were doing anyway with the two servers
>>
Updated this a bit. Added item and gameplay descriptions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q5oU5Lsy5PQHonDekMo2ThVvGgT1AkfYSFj-D1ac1iM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>278363
>>278392
>those shit ass drifts
>drive up to what looks like a wall
>actually gets you launched like a spring (not really???)
>hallways that can be blocked by a single item
>funny merry-go-round gimmick (good luck trying to get it twice in a row correctly)
holy fucking shit negro i thought kart krew werent retarded? some nigger came up here in these threads to say they werent that bad?
I just want this shit to leak at this point so everyone can see how shit this is
>>
are you guys currently playing right now?
>>
>>278497
I'm bored as rocks so I can jump in if you want
>>
>>278497
Sure anon, I'll join you. Which server?
>>
>>278500
>>278510
a little late so sorry, how about 165.22.14.126
>>
>>278527
>nobody in
>>
>>278527
shiiiit nigga, i was running time trials waiting. I've already gone on to work. Ask again later in about 5 hours
>>
>>278528
>>278529
wait nevermind, internet is shit at the current moment, sorry fellas
>>
>>278527
I'm on my way bro
>>
>>278531
>>278528
just left the server, gotta do shit
>>
>>278470
The gravity pillars aren't even a intractable gimmick where you toss yourself to each one, their effectively just a cutscene.
Also the fact that I haven't seen any one in these kart krew v2 webms actually attempt to race as fast as even half of the people in /v/ server is making me think their all really fucking bad at their own game or that the maximum speed got dragged way down due to the rubberband system.
>>
>>278584
why the fuck would you make that if you cannot interact with it?
>>
>>278584
>rubberband system
Fucking what? It's not enough for rings to exist and be basically a better store, but they're adding that shit too? I really hope the modders save this game, otherwise I'll just stick to the current version.
>>
>>278599
The same reason you'd make ridiculous 1 player wide bridges going up hill, remove all air control from any form ramping and depreciate 99% of all your community maps by ripping the starting line gimmick of sonic riders.
Your so detached from your player base that you think everyone wants what you want and are constantly trying to reinvent the wheel for some reason when it just doesn't need to be done.
>>
>>278599
They like the idea of watching the character jumping between all the pillars but realize it doesn't actually work very well as a game mechanic so they just force you to watch a cutscene every lap instead.
>>
>>278605
Uber rubberbanding was in even the earliest of teasers and I think I saw a webm of someone shitting the bed and falling off the track like five times in a row on the final lap of a 12 person race but still getting 3rd place because of how respawning works and (most likely) rubberbanding at fuckery work.
>>
>>278612
damn, that's shit. You think they'll let you turn it off as a server side thing?

btw, i'm on the tricks server, if anyone wants to race i'll be here for a while
>>
>>278584
most of kart krew is, in fact, legitimately dog shit at their own game.
>>
>>278605
I think the rubberbanding he's talking about is tethering
You can see it happen a lot in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8Z1KS7Ga4
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/kart-krew-tm-s-exe-mods.21376/page-36
>If you're behind someone in their racing line, then you'll start to tether onto them, giving you a speed boost! It kicks in immediately, indicated by the sparkling Combi-Band, but it gets stronger the longer you maintain your position behind them. The Combi-Band is red at it's distance limit, and blue up close, telling the player being tethered how close you are. Once you reach maximum tether speed, your wheels will start to kick up dust! This serves as a catch-up mechanic when you don't have items, and makes throwable items deadlier. Tethering stacks great with ring boosts, too!
>Character stats influence both maximum tether distance, and the power of the speed boost you get from it. Every corner of the graph gets their own unique set of tethering advantages & disadvantages -- try experimenting with them all!
>>
>>278625
that's just the drafting mod with more visual clutter and maybe worse gimmicks.
>>
>>278628
Don't say that, Kartkrew hates it when you say their unique mechanic is "Just drafting from MK but more gimmicky". Speeding up when behind other racers is something never seen before in a kart racer!
>>
They should remove that drift UI indicator
There's already a visual cue and a sound cue, a bar isn't needed, are we making sure 3 year olds can play?
>>
>>278631
that's a mod on the server. it serves to tell you how much longer you gotta hold the drift for the next level.
>>
>>278633
I'm refering to that yeah
Remove that baby shit
>>
File: file.png (366 KB, 1280x1024)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
join tricks!
>>
>>278639
might join later, still too early
>>
>>278641
Give me a (You) before (You) do, in case I ain't there.
>>
File: 1611454652929.gif (2.82 MB, 400x267)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB GIF
>>278639
I enjoy shitting on the devs bad choices for V2 more then feel like playing atm
Maybe I'll join in 30 minutes
>>
File: the gassing.png (561 KB, 500x500)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>278639
maybe in a little bit schizo
too busy watching nazi kino
>>
>>278637
You can turn it off in console. [Spoiler]I don't know the command for it tho :^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>278639
Alright I'm ready 2 join
>>
File: file.png (285 KB, 1280x1024)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>278666
lets go baybee
>>
I don't understand what advantage Store gives when compared to the other two.
Seems like the worst of the bunch.
>>
>>278683
If you get hit you can get back up to top speed almost immediately. The advantage is having an insurance policy.
>>
>>278683
It's basically a portable sneaker boost that you don't have to bet on RNG for
>>
>>278674
>>278666
You niggers still playing?
Player count?
>>
>>278688
You can do that already by just drifting
>>
File: file.png (203 KB, 1280x1024)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>278699
just two lads, racing each other cause we aint gay.
>>
>>278699
Yes
>>
>>278701
There's still a certain speed you have to reach before a drift actually gives you sparks. Store is an instant boost from 0 speed.
>>
>>278701
Drifting is marginally slower and takes time to build up compared to a flat speed boost.
>>
>>278683
Store
>takes 3 perfects to get a single sneaker boost (I this is when you boost from full gauge)
>no off road cheesing because the push isn't strong enough and it doesn't activate

Burst
>one perfect gets you four burst drifts which are farther then sneakers
>give huge momentum jolt so you can break maps like Musroom Hill with springs
>some tracks like arsenal hangar have sharp turns after a row of yellow springs that directly benefit burst like no other type
TLDR Burst is broken in more ways then one
>>
File: 1609814238591.png (463 KB, 666x666)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>tfw cant figure out how to get custom textures to show up on my map when loaded from a normal instance of the game and not Zonebuilder
>>
>>278796
If it's in a wad I'm pretty sure you have to put tx_start and tx_end markers before and after all the textures and f_start/end before all the flats. For pk3s I don't think it matters.
>>
File: BOSTRGO1.png (3 KB, 256x256)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>278803
So if I wanted to put this animated boost ring into the track would I need to put all 8 frames of it into the .wad or could I get away with just putting full folder in?
>>
>>278810
From what I understand you just put the frames in the wad in between the texture markers and it just works.
There's probably not many (if any) real mappers around so if you want a surefire answer you're better off asking the discord or something.
>>
>>278825
Also I think there's supposed to be an animdefs.txt file that tells the game how to animate it. If you didn't have that it might be the issue.
>>
>>278825
That's what I was missing.
The rings are there now but not flashing, does the animdefs.txt have to be in the master config or does it go under the texture markers?
>>
File: kart0000.gif (1.62 MB, 320x200)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB GIF
>>278825
Figured it out
Thanks anon
>>
>>278852
>>278825
If any of you both have any guides or anything on how to make tracks I might make one or two
>>
>>278852
W-Why does the map look like a womb?
>>
>>278856
I just have a vague understanding of pk3s and wads because I've repacked other people's shit for other servers before. These guides might be useful:
https://twitter.com/KartKrewDev/status/1266534229250359296

https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Zone_Builder_tutorial
>>
>>278857
Its suppose to mimic the tower gimmick of Mad Matrix.
https://youtu.be/-r-t0ou3YOc?t=66
I had no idea how to import custom textures so I had to use what was either in SRB2 or SRB2 Kart instead and it doesnt look the part.
also yeah the mini map would look like a dick instead if I made four towers instead of just two.
>>
File: Sneed troll.png (117 KB, 450x427)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>278852
>we have 3 characters and now 1 map made from anons from 4channel
based
lets keep it up
>>
Does anyone know if there's already a sprite for ZERO ( The robot from Sonic Adventure 1 )
>>
>>278871
As a racer? I don't think so no.
>>
>>278599
A short cutscene taking a player from point A to point B isn't bad in theory and I've seen tracks both in kart and in other games that do it well, like the cannons in a couple Mario Kart tracks or the light speed dash shortcut in this game's Metal Harbor track. They need to be short and to the point though, which this doesn't seem to be. If it was one pillar it'd be fine, negligible even if you don't like it, but it seems like it goes on too long for something uninteractable
>>
>>278871
Sonic Advanced 2's Special Stages reused ZERO
>>
File: 1456719734600.jpg (31 KB, 500x375)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>You have insufficient privileges to post threads here.
Fuck you SRB2 kart forum I don't know how to get sufficient privileges.
https://mega.nz/file/fLxTTAZQ#1Uc3POPVjjGZ9Y_0o0SonH7tpTlIA5r1scVZnbJPR6U
for server anon or anyone else interested in trying them.
>>
File: 1591747551519.png (14 KB, 128x515)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>278897
You're right
I wonder how easy it might be to just make a ZERO sprite sheet for SRB2K from there
>>
File: Snooze_Head.jpg (27 KB, 200x200)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>278702
>Schizo: 391 ms
>Stu: 0 ms
you can't make this shit up
>>
File: kart0005.png (191 KB, 800x600)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>278898
Going to be honest with you, anon. These are barely playable. There's a lot points in both maps where on a blind playthrough it's really hard to understand what the map maker is asking you to do. On the first turn of Westopolis for instance you made it easy, and logical, to just turn left but doing that makes you skip checkpoints and invalidates your lap. If you want people to take the roundabout then please just put a fence or hole on the left so we know we can't turn that way instead of expecting the player to read your mind.
>>
File: 1611702525818.jpg (143 KB, 958x960)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>278912
Got it
>>
>>278912
not him but how do you turn on checkpoints?
>>
>>278918
You use these checkpoints ( under the object placer)
Their angle determines their order, (eg one at 90 degrees is checkpoint one, one at 180 degrees is checkpoint two and so on)
>>
File: Untled.png (609 KB, 1865x941)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>278924
I forgot the image
>>
>>278912
>There's a lot points in both maps where on a blind playthrough it's really hard to understand what the map maker is asking you to do
that applies to most maps in this game though
>>
>>278912
Forgot to ask if theirs anything jarring about the second course.
aside from the green path, its suppose to emulate those wall jumping corridors in shadow.
>>
>>278924
>>278925
I meant ingame, not in editor
>>
File: kart0287.png (130 KB, 640x400)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>278898
Played Westopolis Juncture (will play and write about Drag Matrix later). I could go over each turn and such but I think it's better to give general criticisms with examples instead. To rip off the bandaid, I don't think this track is salvageable without remaking it from the ground up, but I'll get into the problems you can learn from.

The visibility and pathmarking on this track is very bad, especially if you're using a lower resolution like 400p (which I imagine most players aren't and which I don't while playing normally but it more strongly shows off issues so I test tracks at that resolution. You could even use 200p if you want to be really sure your signposts and such are readable)
To use the opening stretch as an example, you go for the first turn and there's this split path. The other anon already went over the checkpoint issue so let's presume you fenced that off and fixed that; the large gurder still blocks off the path ahead of you, so the only indication of what you need to do upon passing it is this arrow fence. The problem? It faces left, and the turn is to the right. When you get past the gurder you see that the fence is actually pointing both left AND right, with the right-pointing arrow being for an offroad shortcut (which you're likely to fall off either into a pit or onto the main path if you don't slow down, making it not a great shortcut anyway). If you turn left here, as the vague pathing suggests, you'll fall into a pit.
I think if you're making something like this you should use a different barrier altogether for the inner area and have a barrier on the outer path pointing to the right, or some other large and easily visible marker if you really want to keep it open to a pit.
>>
>>278825
>>278852
how hard is to make maps? anyone wants F1 race maps? im willing to make them
>>
File: kart0288.png (119 KB, 640x400)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>278949
This area here is actually the most glaring visibility issue for me. When you're driving through this tunnel it is impossible to tell what's ahead of you; the only indicators of where to go are a large arrow before the tunnel pointing in the direction of the tunnel (left), and the track border way off in the distance, too blurry to read at 400p resolution (not an issue since it's for a larger part of the track) but which you can see also point left if you're playing at a high resolution. After this tunnel, you again turn right. The combination of the elevation drop and the texture used makes it hard to tell exactly how much road is ahead of you in the first place, let alone where to turn next. This area as a whole really needs to be scrapped, I had zero clue where to go or which building was a part of which path when I came across it the first time. The steep slope terrain on the buildings at the right path are also really bad and not conveyed well.

A common issue throughout the track is a lack of bordering. Play through Green Hills and you'll see a consistent grassy border separating the main road and offroad. This is a really good aesthetic choice in general (I've been told to put borders between textures even when making normal DOOM maps) but it also makes the playable area easier to see. You DO have some bordering in the stage like the sidewalks at the beginning, but the parts where there isn't one are often the ones that need that kind of thing the most, like the sections where falling off knocks you to a pit. Put a high-contrast texture as the border (a dark border if the road is light, light border if the road is dark) to improve its visiblity, possibly with a 16 unit elevation increase similar to the sidewalks you do have. You could also use lower textures or midtextures on the walls at the border similar to what tracks like Dark Race do, or even a combination like a lot of tracks do.
>>
File: Sneed's Feed and Seed.png (433 KB, 640x480)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
I request someone to make a map where I can race in the Sneed's Feed and Seed store
>>
>>278952
I'm going to take a break before I get to Drag Matrix, but I do want to say before I look at that that you shouldn't feel dissuaded from trying just because you made a bad track. My first DOOM level was hysterically bad; everybody starts out not knowing what to do and everyone makes mistakes. Being shit at something and learning from your early works is how you get good at something, so I hope you continue to make tracks and maybe remake this one some day.
>>
>>278950
Take a look at the Kart Z pack
>>278357
>/v/ Server Map Survey:
>https://forms.gle/eLKFTPF8sgYqXVZd6
And look at the "Classic" versions of those maps compared to Vanilla maps in Kart. These were basically maps of about 3-5 years in the making, the shittiest ones (that didn't transfer over to SRB2K) a year, maybe half, generously speaking. This was before Zone Builder which is a simplified extension of DOOM map makers, and before the SRB2 community could implement slopes. It'll take a while (aka lots of free time) before you get as good as someone like VictorRushTurbo or Diggle.
>>
Please don't make ice maps, that's the only thing I ask of any of you. The only good ice map is kino peaks. Desert maps are great tho, can't go wrong with those.
>>
>>278929
>that applies to most maps in this game though
You should strive to exceed the norm not fall in line.
>>
>>278936
"kartdebugcheckpoint on" in console.
>>
Im been wondering for a while, do minimaps of each track get generated automatically or do you have to make them yourself?
>>
>>278998
You have to make them yourself
>>
File: 20210305_010216.jpg (92 KB, 1124x1124)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>278999
>>
I'll be in tricks, doing sick drifts, in case anybody wants to do some races.
>>
File: kart0007.png (78 KB, 800x600)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>278934
Throughout most of the course, you have the player drive into beams of light that function as teleporters. But then in this one instance this beam of light that covers 75% of the road is actually leading you to a pit. You've trained the player to think that beam=good so I just assumed this had to be where I was supposed to go.
>>
File: kart0009.png (170 KB, 800x1195)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>279018
This whole turn is way too steep and hard to see as you're approaching it. If you haven't already played the track before knowing how to line up for it is going to be difficult. It also being half spring panels while using a texture not normally used with springs just makes it even harder.
>>
File: kart0008.png (74 KB, 800x600)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>279024
Everything in the yellow section kind of just blends together. I stayed within the lines myself, but I could definitely see someone mistaking the walls for roads and trying to skip through it assuming it's offroad.
>>
File: kart0028.gif (2.02 MB, 400x300)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB GIF
>>279028
The spring panels in the red section tend to activate twice due to how steep the ramps are. When they do so, you get launched way faster/farther than you're supposed to. Also, the last shortcut in the red section can very easily be done without using speed shoes. Just a drift boost easily cheeses it.
>>
File: kart0034.gif (3.27 MB, 400x300)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB GIF
>>279030
Another example of the springs not functioning as they should.
>>
File: kart0132.webm (2.92 MB, 640x400)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
This was the only cool part of the 2nd map
otherwise very unplayable
also you need borders and some better checkpoints nigger
>>
File: kart0032.gif (1.78 MB, 400x300)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>279037
Not really a fan of having precise platforming in a game like this, so the green section doesn't do it for me. It's a neat idea, but in a netplay environment having things like growth or invincibility affecting your speed can easily fuck it up and make you overshoot the jumps.
Also, is this an intentional cut?

I actually do think the map is pretty cool conceptually, but it's way too janky and feels incomplete as is.
>>
File: kart0293.png (64 KB, 1280x800)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>278898
Anon, anon, this is the most important thing I can tell you
PLEASE remove this flashing red light on a blue background, you are going to give someone a seizure and will cause eye strain even if you don't
>>
File: kart0131.webm (681 KB, 640x400)
681 KB
681 KB WEBM
>>279049
>PLEASE remove this flashing red light on a blue background, you are going to give someone a seizure and will cause eye strain even if you don't
this
that yellow light almost gave me an aneurism
>>
File: 1424170511874.jpg (169 KB, 898x555)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>279049
I apologize to the author but I cannot review this course because after playing through it once my eyes really fucking hurt
I can play through the Virtual Boy course and not feel like this
>>
>>279049
>>279018
>>279030
Didn't catch these ones, I'll be sure to change it

>>279040
From that ramp, I didn't think it was possible to make the gap but yeah you can skip most of green by bouncing upwards and onwards on any of the slopes. I knew green was going to be a big stinker but at the time I couldn't think of any way to balance it out length wise with the yellow path.

>>279024
Blue also has the same situation of being much faster then the alternative but not by much. I intended it to be done like >>279039 but I do need to add more detail+signage so it isn't just bare turns and bottomless pits
>>
>>279059
If you want something to make the pit in >>279018 easier to see, the red Xs that are used in Crimson Core might work.
>>
Ok so according to some guy i've been talking to, the final solution for burstfags COULD be fixed by deleting the slipstream beta (the mod that lets you draft and charge a boost when behind someone, this also has integrated boost stacking and chaining) and replacing it with Jug's speed utilities (a dedicated boost chaining mod that automatically deactivates for burst style acrobatics.).
However the problem i got with this is that we won't have the drafting boost at all. So not sure if its better on the long run to remove drafting in favor of the speed utilities.
I'll just add it to the mega and let server anon handle this issue like always.
>>
>>278912
Too lazy to convert this to a webm
https://imgur.com/a/ogqCPMv
The way you did the checkpoints here allows for things like this
>>
File: CHADow.webm (2.71 MB, 400x300)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB WEBM
>>279097
>Too lazy to convert this to a webm
it takes under a minute to make a webm lazy nigger
>>
>>279075
Ok lads, i got some good news.
I tore up the slipstream mod we had and took out the boost chaining and stacking, so now we can have drafting and jug's speed utilities without breaking fuckin everything.
Maybe.
>>
>>279135
why would you take out stacking man
>>
>>279173
Refer to this
>>279075
>>
>>279175
you can turn off chaining with a console variable, you don't have to edit the code, in my opinion that is the most abusable mechanic out of that mod, stacking on itself is a pretty good mechanic
>>
File: 20210405_231711.jpg (23 KB, 416x339)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>279183
>>
is there anything i can do about the fucking unbearable levels of lag? my internet isn't shit by any means, but i'm regularly getting lag spikes of around >1000ms.
>>
>>279229
You're getting lag spikes to the /v/ server or every server? Are you using wifi or ethernet? Satellital internet? Reset your modem and router, leaving them off for about 30 seconds. Check if there's something connected to your network that might be leeching your net and causing these spikes.
>>
Erm, Burstgroids? I was just mashing the drift button and flipping the control stick with my toes and managed to pull off this time. I was told by the discord that all styles were perfectly balanced?!?!?!111
>>
File: 1617333383749.gif (919 KB, 170x196)
919 KB
919 KB GIF
>>279295
I want to hang all burstfags in minecraft!
Also fucking hell that webm is incomprehensible
>>
>>279297
3MB size limit really makes it hard to do visible webms that last longer then 15 seconds.
Fucking Jap kike Hiro needs to raise it.
>>
File: 1615599999385.gif (1.94 MB, 480x360)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
>>279298
>3MB size limit really makes it hard to do visible webms that last longer then 15 seconds.
I agree but you can easily split it up and up the quality of webms (use webms for retards)
>Fucking Jap kike Hiro needs to raise it.
he doesn't care
>>
Have the maps been updated yet?
>>
>>279295
>plays the widest and straightest track in the game
>is surprised when its easy to use burst
you retarded or something lad
>>
>>279295
what a fucking bullshit mod
>>
>>279371
Just git gud.
>>
File: Dr.Negro.Cortex.jpg (9 KB, 184x184)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Map codes MAPNN to MAPNR are free
>>
File: gamer monkey.jpg (18 KB, 442x442)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>279239
every server, but the /v/ server doubly so. and i'm using wifi ( ~120 down ~14 up on a bad day). i live with other people so if there are any leeches it's likely them, but i can't just tell people to stop streaming porn or whatever just so i can play a video game. every once in a blue fuckin moon i'll find a server with consistent ~85ms ping, but that usually gets turned to garbage once someone with 200 ping joins. resetting my modem/router did not produce significant changes, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>279515
>every server, but the /v/ server doubly so. and i'm using wifi
stopped reading there. use ethernet or else
>>
>>279295
This is exactly what I tried to point out when suggesting store only but some of you mongoloids didn't want to listen
>>
if anyone wants to join the no tricks server then you can and moonman is WAY louder now
>>
>>279591
I'm getting in
>>
File: NIGGERS.png (199 KB, 629x360)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>279605
2/15 niggers
>>
>>279612
3/15
>>
>>279515
Game doesn't work well with Wi-Fi (no game does but some are less noticeable than others, SRB2Kart is very noticeable). Get an ethernet cable if you want a smooth experience.
>>
>>279728
Really? It works fine for me.
>>
File: file.png (374 KB, 1280x1024)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
2/15 in notricks, come join
>>
File: 1616360418437.png (627 KB, 647x457)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>279731
>mono is an amyfag now
lost my respect for you nigger
ill be joining to kill you in game
>>
>>279557
Your hypocrisy where you whine about how much better burstfags are over storefags but not giving a shit about how all trickfags including storefags have basically this large an advantage over people who don't use tricks is why nobody will listen to you. Just use burst if the only thing you care about is having an advantage over others
>>
>>279733
I outgrew the low weight low top speed and I don't want to just restat forever
>>
>>279736
whatever nigger
just you wait for me to get in
>>
*ahem*
Amy is peak cringe.
Pick a better Snoic girl to play, like Blaze
>>
>>279734
> fail to engage with mechanic
> lose to person who engages with mechanic
fair
> engage with mechanic
> other person engages with an "equivalent" mechanic
> other person always wins
unfair
it's that simple
>>
>>279728
>>279551
fuck me. time to invest in an extra long ethernet cable i suppose. thanks for the tip, fellas
>>
>>279748
Fuck off
It's absolutely not fair if nontrickfags are forced to play with trickfags
>>
File: 1617591476242.png (40 KB, 743x957)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>279746
>>279736
>>
>>279754
Based Sonic telling it like it is
>>
>>279753
AND YOU'RE NOT YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>279757
Trickfags are literally asking to make tricks the only server option available
>>
File: file.png (564 KB, 1280x1024)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
no tricks, just a couple of men, racing each other cause we aint gay.
>>
File: untitled.png (157 KB, 639x396)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
6/15 faggots
>>
File: 1617650873254.jpg (46 KB, 720x682)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>279757
>We should do an hourly rotation between tricks and no tricks
>REEEEE! NO! JUST FORCE STORE! NON-TRICK FAGS WILL BE HAPPY! IT'S A COMPROMISE!
>actually, I rather not use any tri-
>SHUT UP!
>>
File: file.png (77 KB, 1360x768)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE SLOPES
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS EDITOR
I HATE IT
>>
>>279772
7/15
>>
11/15
http://165.22.14.126/
>>
File: file.png (221 KB, 1280x1024)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
weekday kinos
>>
>>279787
12/15
>>
>save my three sneakers for the last lap to take a big cut
>they get stolen right when i align myself
>don't even make it to the finish line cause the cut is right after the item packs and the next one is 10 seconds after it
I fucking hate hyudoros so fucking much. Almost as much as growth
>>
>>279775
Not a single tricksfag has said this shit.
>>
>>279776
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Slope_tutorial
>>
File: 1616149566507.jpg (63 KB, 584x701)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>279910
Hyudoros are the ultimate meme item, they can make anyone angry with just the press of a button
>>
File: Hyudoro.png (895 KB, 1000x1000)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
>>279910
>>279918
Hyudoro racer when?
>>
Where the fuck is the download link on this dumbass website for the Spark cup maps?
>>
>>279920
https://files.catbox.moe/cjekfj.pk3
here
>>
File: Untitled.png (799 KB, 1000x750)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>279920
Shows up for me.
https://mb.srb2.org/attachments/krbl_sparkcup_v2_5-pk3.21037/
Does clicking the link here work?
>>
>>279919
What happens when a Hyudoro with a Hyudoro gets their Hyudoro stolen by another Hyudoro with their own Hyudoro?
>>
>>279920
If the packs haven't gotten any updates since before the layout change you gotta click discussion and it'll be in the attachments.
>>
File: Hyudoro-right.gif (17 KB, 360x447)
17 KB
17 KB GIF
>>279927
they die
>>
File: hyudoro.png (14 KB, 640x400)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>279919
there is one in this pack
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/flyingnosajs-character-pack-kc_nosajchars.26245/
>>
File: 00000.jpg (22 KB, 432x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>279914
THANKS
>>
Dig Pack got another update, it most notably adds different music for each season in Wandering Falls
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/dig-pack.2308/
>>
>>279946
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Floor_over_floor
Make sure you learn how to do FOFS too. Otherwise things like bridges or overpasses will be impossible.
>>
>>279946
If i get slopejank in a turn I will kill you, then server anon and then myself!
>>
>>279949
You can't just tell me my new favorite map got better.
>>
>>279924
>>279925
Thanks, you guys are cool
>>
>>280000
Your least favorite maps just got worse. We've upped the saturation on Virtual Boy Drive so the red is more eye-bleeding
>>
File: 1616189515690.png (342 KB, 387x580)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>280124
>VB Drive
>even more eye pain
>>
File: 1607811956801.jpg (408 KB, 750x745)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>280124
>Your least favorite maps just got worse. We've upped the saturation on Virtual Boy Drive so the red is more eye-bleeding
Unironically based
>>
File: x116.png (107 KB, 715x439)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>280124
Based.
But also, fucking FUCK.
>>
File: death.png (238 KB, 460x345)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>279983
I was thinking yesterday while sleeping that the amount of stupid retarded jank in SRB2 is amazing
Why the fuck would you go your way to implement multiple floors in overlapping sectors in DOOM?
Why the fuck would you go your way to implement SLOPES?
Couldn't you just use Quake at the very least? A totally real 3D editor tool that doesn't give you brain aids if you want to use it? What about Worldcraft? Maybe use goldsource? Fucking Unreal?
Two of those still have old ass WAD support iirc
Making maps would be 9999999999% easier if you got a real 3D editing tool for a game that is trying to be real 3D

I just can't believe the amount of autism these retards do, if this had an actual real 3D editor like Hammer it would already have 1000 custom tracks just like GMod or TF2 but instead you have over the top specialized tools for jank that got updated with even more jank (but modernized), meaning that you either suck massive cock to go out your way to do garbage or just don't
>>
Love this lil' nigga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1kvlSsqUY

Also Novaphyer's pack got some updates (Brimstone/Ganondorf) and a hell map.
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/nova-pack.2305/
>>
File: t-thanks.png (177 KB, 1302x567)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
I hate this shit absolute nosense
>>
>>280342
You need front/back textures for those.sides bruv
>>
>>280372
Yeah I don't care about textures right now, it's not even going to be sonic themed so I'll use whatever counts as "dev" aka grid-like textures
I still don't understand why the outer slope there is fucked up and why ingame is all wrong
>>
File: Uned.png (508 KB, 1861x845)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>trying to figure out how to get these railing textures to slant with the floating bits of track
This is suffering
>>
>>280498
Lookin Kart Z jank bro. It's a good start
>>
File: file.png (248 KB, 1360x768)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>280342
I'm trying to make a curved slope and I'm been trying to do it with normal slopes but I just couldn't do it
Is doing it with vertex the correct way? If these the thing's angle is the ID of the sector wouldnt they cap at 360 vertex sectors?
>>
>>280597
Vertex is better IMO because it doesn't mess with the sectors surrounding what your sloping.
>>
>>280597
No, if you use the arrows on the side once you hit 360 (or just type it in should work too) it goes past 360.
>>
File: file.png (120 KB, 1360x768)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>280600
>>280604
Okay, then are these good linedefs to be used for the thing? I'm used to hammer so I'm just doing it the same way as I would do it in hammer
>>
>>280606
(like i'm making them tris because I have no idea if its possible to do it with quads or if theres something as something "invalid" just like when you fuck up a brush in hammer)
>>
File: wa.png (876 KB, 1324x828)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>>280606
Not really sure if I can give you info on this because only until recently I made turns chunky trash like these three rectangles.
Maybe open the maps.kart file in zone builder to see how some of the vanilla tracks do it.
>>
File: moonman_gun.png (786 KB, 725x831)
786 KB
786 KB PNG
Get in the tricks server faggots
>b-b-but
shut up nigger
no one has played in it this week
>>
>>280667
2/15
me and moto
>>
File: 1616531611085.jpg (116 KB, 797x1024)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>280667
soon
>>
>>280673
4/15
>>
>>279919
>>279944
never. they're in the survey but were vastly voted against
>>
File: t-thanks.png (335 KB, 1360x768)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>280597
>>280606
So that was a fucking lie
>>
>>280690
You know what fuck this, I dont have enough patience for a shit editor to be fucking around with me, showing me false previews and acting retarded
I thought i got the hand of sectors and linedefs, but slopes are getting on my nerves, impossible to do
Doesn't help that when googling anything instead of getting ANY resource you get retarded videos, SRB2 shit, or other sonic fangarbage
>>
what's the worst map in vanilla SRB2K?
>>
>>280706
bowser castle smk
at least vanilla lake is funny
>>
>>280706
>Hell Map
SMK Rainbow Road
>SMK
Vanilla Lake
>Overall
Midnight Channel (1st version)

Fuck weeb shits and fuck Fatlus games for tainting Sega
>>
>>280706
one of the SMK ports or regal
>>
>>280706
vanilla lake
>>
>>280706
Vanilla lake
At least Bowser Castle is playable
>>
We are done with the threadmill
come back chumnigger
>>
Server is now empty
and in other news, if anybody wants to help out with >>280693 that isnt "go to the discord" i welcome anything
>>
>>280706
MK64 Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxF-9cm0nX4
>>
>>280760
this could make a fun hell map
>>
>>280751
Seriously, just lurk discord or fake a handle. No one cares as long as you don't bring them here
>>
>>280706
Ignoring SMK maps Balloon Panic just hurts me.
Vanilla Lake otherwise
>>
File: 1617788315416.gif (1.52 MB, 498x277)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB GIF
>>280760
>those narrow ass corridors
>no turn signals don't know where the fuck to go
>that fucking minimap
jesus mk64 had hell maps too
>>
>>280751
Open Map.kart from your SRB2K folder
Look at map 05 and just try to emulate what they did there.
or ask on their discord in the dedicated mapping channel
>>
Made a burner account for d*scord and did some digging and I found this huge guide on how to make vertex slopes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvTJPOsDOayL3fhJzCr_U2GJFeG56disPxjKdPdE8uI/edit#
I also found this video on how to make slopes in depth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPuQafJTs8c
if this doesn't help you then good luck nigger
>>
>>280802
for >>280751
>>
File: 1601738597651.png (709 KB, 870x653)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
>>280802
>>280806
Based SNEED
Thansk a lot
I cant believe Discord has killed any form and shape of data / information conservation / spread and problem solving
Can we go back to forums please
>>
>>280812
>can we go back to forums
Good luck trying to convince modern society to use anything other than what's popular.
>>
File: chill moonman.png (221 KB, 360x450)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>>280812
Oh yeah I also found some more useful shit
Kart Track design:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s_mafoEIePrfwLRxYbrAy5PJgDASwM1jwiVvP0MxKDc/edit
How to make checkpoints and waypoints:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KyI2oef1dw3NB2qLbZiKCeG7NkLMyfgEdBOkSo5CJOc/edit
>Based SNEED
>Thansk a lot
no problem nigger
anything to have some 4chan(nel) made maps/characters
>>
If anyone wants to do some races, give me a (You) I will join tricks in about 40 minutes.
>>
Anyone here interested in late some night races?
>>
>>281055
sure, how many people are in the lobby?
>>
>>281055
hell yeah nigga. you in tricks or notricks?
>>
File: file.png (208 KB, 1280x1024)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>281055
>>281059
lets do some races boys
>>
>>281075
what server?
>>
>>281075
Trick or no trick server?
>>
Two of us on nontrick
>>
We got four people in the notrick (165.22.14.126 is the IP) server if anyone wants to join.
>>
>>281113
Omw
>>
>>281113
7/15
>>
File: 1596580918669.jpg (9 KB, 263x280)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>281113
>>281075
>out of memory
I guess I'm calling it quits for tonight then, ggs.
>>
Lobby status? Will join soon
>>
>>281150
3 of us, comfy tight races
>>
And we're done for the night
>>
File: 1616369051253.png (157 KB, 3365x2787)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>281075
>>281077
>>281080
>>281113
>>281148
ggs lads
>>
File: 1613557387462.png (161 KB, 712x711)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>278357
Survey updated.
>/v/ Server Character Survey:
Emerl the Gizoid (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/emerl-the-gizoid.26234/)
K.K. Slider (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/k-k-slider-animal-crossing-series.2676/)
Link & Epona (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/link-epona.2031/)
Vic Viper T301 (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/whiplash-character-pack.1782/)
Cricro's Star Fox Pack(https://mb.srb2.org/addons/cricros-star-fox-characters-pack.2033/)
>Fox McCloud
>Wolf O'Donnell
Fire & Lightning Pack [with everyone's favorite character :^)] (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/its-kart-or-nothin-v7-5-fire-and-lightning.2036/)
>Ranger [Quake]
>Virtua Formula
>Ruby Spears Protoman
>Duke Nukem
>Lupin III
>Silver Hawk Genesis [G-Darius]
Leonguy Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/leonguys-character-pack.2065/)
>Funky Dong
>Boshi
>Pauline (Bike only) (OH BB OH BB OH BB)
Starlight Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/the-starlight-character-pack-new-racers-5-delux.2070/)
>Dale Gribble
Bartman Pack(https://mb.srb2.org/addons/bartmans-rally-all-stars-character-pack-v2.2061/)
>Ash & Pikachu
>Misty & Psyduck
>>
File: Jabqgp.gif (2.29 MB, 320x240)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB GIF
>>278357
/v/ Server Map Survey:
Aparte Cup (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/v2-3-aparte-cup.26509/)
>Midnight Channel (Vers. 2)
>Dimension Disaster
>Flipgloop Station
>Scarlet Gardens
>Zoned City
>Frozen Production
>Skyscraper Leaps
>Monochrome Rift
Insanity Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/insanity-pack-v2-1.2282/)
>Hydrocity Zone
>Gemstone Gardens
>Retrowave Rush
>Shivering Night
Sleeping Egg Classic (under Nightmare Pack) (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/sleeping-egg-zone-kr_sleepingeggzone_v3-wad.25903)
Coffee Cup/Mermaid Lake (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/the-coffee-cup.2678/)
GSC National Park (under Nova Pack) (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/nova-pack.2305/)
Mania Cup (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/dirks-random-kart-maps-mania-cup-a-remake.2288/)
μpak (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/mpak.26552/)
>Desert Rift Neos
>Neon Sands
>Suburban Scramble
>Cascade Glade
>Parking Lot Panic
>Metro Madness
>Freefall Frenzy
>Arena Rush
>Final Mall
>Blizzard Bunker
>Dig Site
>Kart Manufactory
>Conveyor Conundrum
>NEO Test Track
Desert Rift Classic (under μpak) (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/desert-rift.26481/)
>One-Offs
Beach Palace (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/ultimep-race-beach-palace.2623/)
>>
File: 1582397288839.png (245 KB, 444x340)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>278357
/v/ Server Tricks & Mods Survey:
https://forms.gle/nAZtFGDuiQu7xMzV6
Battle Plus (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/srb2kart-battle-plus-kbl_battleplus_v1-1-pk3.2350/)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXjHbpZXILw
KartMP (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/1-3-kartmp-a-hot-take-on-kart-balance.2382/)
Still trying to find that post-map voting mod.
>>
File: pokemon.webm (2.78 MB, 1600x900)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>281291
>GSC National Park
donut hell map with beedrills and butterfrees, nothing too special
>>
>>281328
is this just lon lon ranch but smaller?
>>
File: brimstone.webm (2.87 MB, 1600x900)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>280309
>>281291
>brimstone
now retard-proof, took out the spring sections except the middle

>>281328
yeah, but it's larger and a perfect circle unlike the llr's oval. less hazards too, so it's more boring imo
>>
File: mermaid.webm (2.85 MB, 1600x900)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>281291
>Coffee Cup/Mermaid Lake (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/the-coffee-cup.2678/)
nice little figure-8 map for newfags. might be chaotic in larger rooms
>>
File: beachpalace.webm (2.86 MB, 1600x900)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>281291
>Beach Palace (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/ultimep-race-beach-palace.2623/)
decent interesting map with mixed vanilla assets, some shortcuts can be op though
>>
>>281332
>no springs
oh shit nigger what are you doing
springs make jumps easier to perform and control what the fuck
>>
>>281356
fags still don't know drift store, what else is new. i still see people drifting after spring jumps
>>
>>281359
Pretty sure most people pick up on Drift Storing relatively quickly after a few races though, and it's not like it requires much explanation.
>>
>>281359
>today i will make the track worse for both good racers and bad racers by removing springs
autism
>>
>>280690
did you put that slope vertex on a corner? you gotta keep those things off linedefs and corners, put it like 1 fracunit inside of the triangle
>>
>>281395
Yes its entirely on the same place as the edge / point / vert / whatever the fuck
I'm not supposed to do that? how can I make sure everything is correctly where I want them to be then?
>>
>>281332
I'm not going to add that map update to the mega. It makes the map strictly worse.
>>
File: paulinecoom.webm (2.87 MB, 1600x900)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>281289
>Pauline
Bros...I'm gonna fookin' coom
>>
File: fuck.png (92 KB, 772x706)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>281406
Relax, bro, it's not going to matter if you put it one fracunit off. Slope vertexes just freak the fuck out if you put it exactly on the corner. Put it like 1 pixel into the triangle, like what I've got here, shit's gonna look exactly the same. You just do it to make sure stuff doesn't randomly decide to break.
>>
>>281416
kinda disappointing desu they don't use her odyssey voice clips and uses some other bitch
madonna in ninji's character pack uses her voice
>>
>>280693
3D models were just as bad tutorial wise until someone finally made a competent video tutorial in January.
SRB2K's documentation is a joke. Everything is on the discord. I fucking hate discord.
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (67 KB, 1000x1255)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>281511
>>
>>281291
Weren't about half of those links already on the survey?
>>
>>281511
Checked
>>
>>281511
You think you could link me that 3D models tutorial?
>>
File: MonkeeKart.webm (2.16 MB, 480x296)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB WEBM
>>281557
https://youtu.be/BBEqeuxNFFI
This is what I used. I made 3 models so far so feel free to ask questions if you have any.
>>
>>281424
However if I try to put multiple slopes that share a middle vertex that should be on the corner so every slope is correctly sloped would that break?
Something like https://youtu.be/DPuQafJTs8c?t=285
>>
File: fuck.png (392 KB, 1484x1362)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>281563
It won't break. Take this turn, the whole thing is vertex sloped downwards, but the outer part is sloped up a bit. As you can see, shit looks fine. None of the slope vertexes are placed on top of a corner, they're all just shifted 1 fracunit into the sector to avoid breaking.
>>
File: pumkin.png (146 KB, 1758x1262)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>Bartman's Rally All-Stars Character Pack in the survey
>no option to add the Ranma characters
>tons of character overlap
oh boy i cant wait to race as 12 versions of mario (all balanced except for super show and metal) and 4 versions of quote and curly brace
>>
File: kart0073.gif (2.99 MB, 640x400)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB GIF
>>281755
look at this SOUL
>>
File: 1617798682814.jpg (43 KB, 373x512)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>281755
>he doesn't want to race as various different versions of Mario
>he doesn't want to hear the absolute YAHOO cacophony that'd ensue when everyone plays a different variation of Mario
>>
>>281755
>If you see a character that's not below, submit it at the "Character Submissions" section at the end.
>>
>>281766
i did that, thanks. although they're on the picture containing the pokeman chars
>>
>>281755
>The Ranma 1/2 characters, Ranma and Shampoo includes types for Ranma (Boy and Girl) and Shampoo (Girl and Cat) as well as a bundled "lua" version that includes both characters as 'cursed' characters. When driving into cold water or rain, Ranma will turn into a girl and Shampoo will turn into a cat. Since there's no hot water in Kart, (Typically!) Ranma will change back into a guy and Shampoo will change back into a girl when they fall off the track. Keep in mind using the lua pack prevents Ranma and Shampoo from participating in time attack modes. You can load the characters separately from the non-lua versions, which means there is no 'curse'. Both types of Ranma and Shampoo play identically, so choose based on your preference. You can choose which type you want to start each race/battle session with and your choice is reflected in statistics as well as the goal post when a Ranma or Shampoo player finishes in first place.
anons...
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/bartmans-rally-all-stars-character-pack-v2.30115/#post-529056
>>
>>281778
Fuck off with your anime shit.
>>
>>281780
survey is swarming with anime
>>
>>281793
And none of it will get added. The only anime we got in the server is piccolo, and popuko. that's enough.
>>
File: tranime.jpg (69 KB, 587x629)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>281793
and it follows the ratio of what people want just fine
>>
>>281794
>>281799
well shieet guess the character rotation question is out too if the "Anime" slots are either limited or restricted
>>
File: Madonna - Unigame.png (212 KB, 891x998)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
I feel for vidya characters there's way too much Sonic (even if it's called SRB2K). Can you break up bonuschars.kart into individual characters and make them voteable? Like I would prefer Elite Agent Booba over Vanilla Rogue or Modern Sonic over Vanilla Sonic.
>>
>>281814
Yeah i can rip out the bonus chars to pack them separately and free some slots. I'll get to that once i'm done with the tracks.
>>
File: 19913.jpg (24 KB, 225x300)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>281811
I really don't mind some cute anime girls in the sausagefest of video game reps, but take a look at the packs in the survey. Everything is shit but the AnimeChars and Chengi packs. They all look like downies out-of-proportion and rushed so just some faggot can jerk off to them while racing.
>>
>>281814
Getting rid of Vanilla Sonic is impossible. The starting 5 can't be replaced.
>>
File: Ezgif-3-7a70b98370.gif (1.57 MB, 600x337)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>281814
you can't take out sonic, tails, eggman and metal as they're built into the game. bonuschars should be doable though
>>281822
ella in kart when
I need my racist stereotypes
>>
File: file.png (364 KB, 1360x768)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>281576
Slope kino has entered the game
I moved the Things slightly inside the Sectors as you said, plus apparently letting them rest at the top of a Vertex would make its minimum height the height of the Sector that also shares that Vertex (It would go all the way up the wall)
I have a few gaps between the things but I think I can just set the same floor texture on the walls / linedefs and call it a day
>>
File: just-fuck-me-up-nigger.png (157 KB, 1360x768)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>281843
Nevermind slopekino has stopped working
For some reason these two slopes now wont work...
game FUCKING sucks
>>
File: 1528584704670.png (36 KB, 600x600)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>281890
I hope you don't seriously expect me to solve a fucking follow the lines puzzle. Double check everything. Just looks like they're tagged wrong to me.
>>
File: 1465972776700.png (104 KB, 210x283)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>281897
>he doesnt like puzzles
I'm double checking for the 182318231236th time and everything still seems the same
Should I just subdivide harder into twos rectangles and those rectangles into two triangles?
>>
>>281822
I have to agree with that. There was one fag clamoring for astolfo but he just looks god-awful in that one that's available.
>>
>>281902
You shouldn't need to do that. Check if you have "Use tag and offsets" checked on both linedefs. If that's not it, then check if you maybe put a second slope vertex with angle 9 somewhere. You can press F3 and search by Thing Angle to find it easily, there should only be one vertex slope with angle 9. If that's not it either I give up, can't solve it just looking at the pictures
>>
File: 1596037538536.jpg (21 KB, 480x551)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>281902
>>281897
>>281890
>>281916
Turned out to be that when I created a new Thing instead of that Thing being autoincremented to a new unused Tag (Just like the previous 9 Things) it kept the same number and it bugged out
I feel autistic for flooding the thread this way but its not like anybody else uses this board
>>
Anyone wanna play?
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 994x257)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>281562
It is time for the critically acclaimed map update.

CHANGES:
Bowler's pack: ricco harbor 11 no | 6 yes | 2 hell. Removed from the pack.
Nova pack: deep glacial 10 no | 7 yes | 1 hell. Brimstone ruins zone rolled back to the previous version, trust me, its better like this.
Shark attack pack: baby park 7 yes | 4 no | 9 hell. Moved to hell maps.
blade and subsonic: all of em deleted except bubblegum breeze 10 yes | 8 no.
Plom pack: Central processing moved to hell 6 yes | 7 no | 5 hell. Cyber scramble moved to hell (why? its a good map) 4 yes | 9 no | 5 hell.
Abstraction pack: removed forsaken bog 8 yes | 9 no | 1 hell. Removed midnight caves 9 yes | 10 no. fuck both of these maps.
Lighto pack: Angel island moved to hell 9 yes | 10 no | 1 hell.
masters pack: verdant classic and that one other version of margorite are both in hell.
SI-HT pack: high rise havoc moved to hell. 8 yes | 10 no | 1 hell. Miracle lancer moved to hell. 6 yes | 8 no | 5 hell.
supermetal pack: its all hell baby.
Aurora cup: removed cavern ruins. I liked that map...
turbo flash: green park classic is in hell.
Marsh mayhem pack: Trannynights deleted.
spark cup: mini submerged is in hell.
Melon pack: VB Raceway FUCKING DELETED. FUCK THIS NIGGER MAP. FUCK THE NIGGER MODDER THAT MADE THIS.
epic cup: ante-station and v2 green eye rape track are set to hell now.
omega track pack: ice cap deleted 3 yes | 10 no | 4 hell.
Nightmare pack: there's no sleeping egg classic here, please take your meds.
furry fatfag nostalgia pack: removed westopolis.
Slipgate pack: Azure Vertigo moved to hell. Nothing else changed. Learn to fucking drift.
RA extended pack: monster monarch and cosmic eclipse classics are in hell.

-NOTE: the mod called "everythingisterrible" or some shit like that needs to be deleted for hell maps to go back into hell. If it isn't deleted, hell maps will continue to be elegible for voting.
Other things of note: notricks has two duped packs, pic related.
>>
>>281998
>>281562
oy goyim, don't forget to buy the newest DLC:
+fickle fags pack: added to the mega
+aparte cup pack: added to the mega
+DOOD64 pack: added to the mega
+Joker grandprix: added to the mega. Removed sunset riverside.
+Jelly cup, azure lake, 3 7 speedway, bitch palace: added to the mega.
+Coffee cup: added to the mega.

Delete this shit:
-excited kike arena, geothermal fortress: removed from the mega.
-Assault pack: Will be removed entirely, nobody but me liked it. fuck you niggers.
-mizu pack: bout to be removed too.
-Driftcrest pack: hopefully removed entirely by the next server reset, if server anon feels like it.

That's about it i believe. If there's any missing let me know and i'll cross-reference with the survey to make sure you aren't bullshitting me.
they're still uploading tho.
>>
>>281998
>>282011
Love you anon.
>>
Kind of surprised that you edited the map packs themselves instead of just editing serveranononly.soc to ban the maps that you wanted to. You already did it with Bellbridge after all. Seems like a lot of extra work/download time to do it this way.
>>
MEGA FILES UPLOADED AND READY TO FETCH: https://mega.nz/folder/kq5wkKgS#XTNs_x7XdvpmzOptCEH-Fw
>>282075
The .soc didn't worked, i saw bellbridge around when i was doing solo races a few nights ago. I'd rather hammer down these stages myself and have a guarantee that the shits wont pop up when we have a full house.
>>282060
OK retard.
>>281562
I'm giving you an extra (You) to remind you: delete these files off the server: excitebike_arena, serveranononly.soc, mizu_pack, driftcrest_pack, Assault_pack, Geothemal_fortress, PATAPONCHADS v0.3 and bonus chars with edited motobugs sounds.wad
The last two are being activated along with their newer version, which means our slots are getting burned on dupes.
>>
>>282092
Weird, I just loaded marshmayhem then the soc and the map disappeared.
Perhaps it was loaded in the wrong order on the server.
>I'd rather hammer down these stages myself and have a guarantee
Fair enough.
>>
>>282170
the soc is the last thing you have to load
>>
File: M6iZpZz.jpg (617 KB, 1920x1080)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>281998
>>282011
>Nightmare pack: there's no sleeping egg classic here, please take your meds.
Fag creator never included it in the pack. It's not bad, just long as fuck.
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/sleeping-egg-zone-kr_sleepingeggzone_v3-wad.25903
>>
>>282292
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cCU1Q3uvNU&t=74
>>
>>282292
Too long for my tastes. The only second half is full of long meandering straights.
>>
>>282296
looks OK, if a bit annoying due to length. Maybe if it were a single lapper it would be better? Although since we're in hard speed it probably feels shorter than it is.
>>
>>282299
>The only second half is full of long meandering straights.
The only thing different is that the*
>>
>>282299
>>282301
It's fittingly enough voted as a "Hell Map", probably one of the few most tolerable ones.
The only server that has it is PooPooPeePee and they changed the 'Eggselent!' map subtitle to 'Why is it so long'.
>>
Anyone up for some late night races? tricks or notricks whichever is fine for me.
>>
>>282314
Okay, come on in.
>>
>>282315
come on in where, retard, tricks or no tricks?
>>
>>282319
Oh I thought people just walked into the /vm/ server and not the others.
>>
File: file.png (255 KB, 1280x1024)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
fuck it. no tricks, just me doing some some races before bed.
>>
>>282331
we got 3 people in the notricks server (165.22.14.126 is the IP) if you wanna join
>>
File: file.png (114 KB, 1302x567)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
Is it possible to make real tunnels? Considering FoFs have to be "their own sector" I don't think its possible to make a real perfectly fine tunnel with a open wide ground over it
I think the pic better explains what Im thinking what to do
>>
File: kart0002.webm (1.18 MB, 1600x900)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB WEBM
>>282517
I've seen "tunnels" more co-opted for bridges as in >>281335. I'd imagine it'd be possible to make a tunnel through a perceived mountain, but too many sectors like that can really slow frames down, which is why I think people create tunnels on the illusion of skyboxes. Pic related is Dinosaur Canyon (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/dinosaur-canyon-from-daytona-usa.26886/)

I'm fucking around with devmode and Zone Builder, but I can't open pk3 maps.
>>
>>282567
I thought of making this track entirely taken out of a certain videogame place that already exists
I think that since the accuracy will be pretty autistic plus its looking pretty grim to pull off I'll just scrap what I have, make an original track, and then theme it with whatever I want
>>
File: Seaside Tunnel.png (604 KB, 1000x750)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>>282517
You can put multiple FoFs in the same sector by just tagging them the same.
I assume you're trying to do something like this?
This is Seaside Labyrinth from fickle hearts.
https://files.catbox.moe/nsk3gn.wad
>>
Weekend's gonna be fun
>>
File: kart0003.webm (2.87 MB, 1600x900)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>282577
Checked
Yeah, I have some ideas too, but I think I'm limiting myself to Sonic. Which is why I'm fucking around in these maps in devmode to see how they're constructed. SeventhSentinel's maps (Hill Top and Aurora Atoll) are really basic, but I enjoy their simplicity of design. You don't need a lot of assets to make a good map, that goes as well for complex structures. Pic related I never thought how the "tunnel" in the final turns is really just below the finish line. It's all about illusion.
>>
>>282587
depends on when we start. now is too early, but I should be good to go in 5 hours
>>
File: hilltop.png (1.08 MB, 1833x772)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>282595
Yeah, that section is a pretty good example of what you can do with FoFs. The road in the tunnel is the "real" ground then the ground up top is an FoF over it with sloped floors
>>
>>282586
Its actually a tunnel below, with an entirely different floor on top that is also driveable
Like the slightly light blue lines is a flat plane above the tunnels (and sometimes above nothing since theres places where theres nothing below)
So its not like a simple cross section like >>282595 >>282609
But its ok, I just think I went too far on my first attempt and I should make something simpler so I'm just going to make a new track within the same game series like I said in >>282577

>>282595
I'm going to limit myself to literally anything but Sonic because I'm personally sick of all the "wow its Green Hill but (twist or different thing or subtheme)" tracks
I'll have to figure out how to make textures, but shouldn't be as hard as making a .vtf or an actual material in a modern engine, if anything the hard part is finding out the custom file types
Pretty funny for Sonic fags to complain about sega rehashing Green Hill constantly when their fangames are also pretty much the same
>>
>>282611
That's the same basic concept it's just that you'll have to make a lot of FoFs if you're going to be doing it for large sections of the map. It's time consuming and you'll have to keep track of a lot of tags, but it's not impossible.
>>
>>282587
>>282608
Sneed is banned so either Schizo or someone else will make the thread. We also need to wait for ServerAnon to update the file list in the Mega.
>>
>>282620
lmao for what? CP? No wonder this thread was quiet and non-memespastic.

Hey SNEED. you're a fucking memespouting faggot suck a diiiiiick
>>
>>282623
Based, though who's gonna dab on the Amykeks now?
>>
File: kart0014.webm (1.78 MB, 1600x900)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB WEBM
Discovered skyboxes today: My fucking life is a lie. Trying to wrap my head around how they work with putting the pinpoint down according to the scale of the map.

>>282611
>I'm going to limit myself to literally anything but Sonic because I'm personally sick of all the "wow its Green Hill but (twist or different thing or subtheme)" tracks
I'm not going to either. I meant more like I want to stick with Vanilla assets and see how far I can stretch them. Northern District is a good example of an original map with no references. I'm also tired of "Green Hill" in every fucking Sonic game, even Greenflower Zone.
>>
>>282634
In source games skyboxes are 1:16 of the real size of the map
If the skybox camera is a Thing, you could build the map normally. place the Thing in coordinates 0 0 (origin of the map) and whatever you want to be part of the skybox you grab and move outside and scale down to 1:16, moving the Thing along too
Thats how easy seamless skyboxes are made in Source, the method can be reused for this too, but you have to research it first
>>
>>282620
I'll make it later, in about four hours. It's too bad that server anon hasn't appeared to do the updates, but I guess he'll do it either later tonight or sometime throughout the weekend. Also what's the OP pasta for the /v/eekend? Same as this one with a few modifications?
>>
>>282648
Just copy+paste this one https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/550584368/
>>
File: 1546626848997.jpg (39 KB, 505x481)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>282620
>SNEED is banned
[Anime]
>>
File: WilliamPic_C.jpg (35 KB, 360x480)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>282623
>>282632
>>282662
He's not banned from Kart though.
>>
>>282634
>>282609
>>282595
>>282586
>>282567
Have any of you seen or know of any instances of a pivoting / rotating horizontal sector?
Something like a pinball arm or however you call it
Everything I've seen that moves is just up and down, and not horizontally
>>
>>282734
motherlode mine has carts that move along the track and flatten you.
>>
>>282734
Metallic Madness
Dimensional Brakedown with the moving gears
>>
>>282517
https://files.catbox.moe/d6h7xn.wad
Did this in like 15 minutes so it's shit but, making multiple rooms on top of each other is definitely possible, but doing it across an entire map is going to be hell if it's your first time.
>>
File: 1579819543960.jpg (32 KB, 543x543)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>282744
What the fuck
I'll uh- save this for a second map if i end up doing a second one
I'll make sure to create a good track and theme approperly for now
>>
File: The goat tower.jpg (1.04 MB, 2768x2915)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>282748
You have the blueprints, anon. You know what you must do.
>>
File: Ud.png (325 KB, 1920x1080)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>282744
How the fuck do you get three solid opaque things to float over normal ground?
I'm trying to make a suspended shipping container
>>
File: Utled.png (166 KB, 1893x944)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>282754
>if you split the sector your using to make a floating platform in half with a line and then link that line with the same tag and and effect but mess around with the floor and ceiling height, it actually works
Why cant making tracks be simple?
>>
>>282760
Because niggers were keen on using Doom instead of Quake
>>
>>282760
I was going to tell you to just copy what I did with the cement block on the top floor, but it looks like you got it. Honestly a lot of ZB stuff you kind of just figure out how to do as you go. And if you can't figure it out you look at other courses that did what you want and try to reverse engineer.
>>
File: 1604590451003.png (8 KB, 640x400)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>282772
>try and replicate it
>isnt working
>squint and check everything to make sure its similar
>turns out the new one I made has the angle line pointing the other way and that's what was making it not work like the previous one did
fuck this hell
>>
>>281291
/r/ Dimensional Break Pack
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/dimension-break-v2-8f.2204/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luD_2LEDIPM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJOF5InWn7o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZcSuMba8V4
>>
>>282793
Yeah, when you give a linedef a special function it uses the sector that it's pointing to. If it's facing the wrong way it doesn't work.
>>
File: file.png (199 KB, 1280x1024)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
Warm-up races in notricks.
>>
Anon that can rip maps from pk3s
Can you get toxic tundra from the masters pack? I want to see how they made the rope connection for the crane.
>>
>>>/v/551327528
>>>/v/551327528
>>>/v/551327528
>>>/v/551327528
Started an hour early. Come on in.
>>
>>282806
https://files.catbox.moe/w64h62.wad
It seems for the container they opted to just make the walls out of a solid midtexture instead of building it out of an FoF, which is a useful shortcut. The ropes are sloped FoFs though, so good luck with that.
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Slope_tutorial#FOF_slopes

If you want to make things easier maybe have the rope connect directly to the container and have it wrap around in a square shape so you don't have to worry about the slopes. I remember this guy taking a few months to release this map.
>>
>>282828
If you can also rip >>282741 so I can see how to make pivoting stuff that would be cool too..
>>
File: cEqplRz.png (314 KB, 481x657)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>281998
>>282011
I appreciate the effort but I am not implementing the track repacks. I still need to figure out what's causing the constant crashing with the character repacks we currently have. I've been busy the last few days so I haven't been able to do anything I wanted maintenance and content wise.
>>
>>282835
aight. but can you at least fix the duped packs in the server?
>>
>>282833
Pivoting things like the door in Vanilla Hotel? That's a polyobject. That's something I've never used so I'll be no help there. Ask the discord if you want a real mapper rather than someone who's only made 1 map.
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/PolyObject
Here's marshpack as a .wad so you can look at metallic madness. No idea what that 2nd map is from but you can convert it yourself.
https://mega.nz/file/cU0i1QpQ#ACnigu_8nUt2Wl_bi8PJ5Kfjkke8fpZ9IqCxqRZgr8I
>>
>>282092
>>282835
>Load KCV_IWILLFUCKINGFLAYEVERYONEALIVEANDTHENMYSELFIFTHESERVERCRASHES_V0.2.pk3 by itself
>Save a replay, it crashes
>Load every file other than that
>My replays work
>Shorten the filename to just kcv_iwillfuckingflay.pk3
>The replay works
>Load every file, including the renamed one
>It works
I think I figured out the problem. All the new level packs mega-anon added work too, so you're free to add those if you want. Please, I want some new maps.
Can't say for sure it'll all work online too until we test it, but at least in my offline testing it seemed to fix things.
>>
>>283008
aight so its a name too long issue. got it.
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 1360x768)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
How the fuck do I make boost pads?
Set the sector type to 1280 (speedpad) and it does jack shit
I searched in the wiki and used some kind of linedef but instead of giving me a boost pad it gave me a zipper pad like the ones in twinkle kart
>>
>>283038
Sneaker panel
Sector effect 24576
>>
>>283008
Thanks brother. That helps immensely.
I'll upload everything tonight.
>>282092
I'll upload these, but what I'm going to do is rename the track repacks to have a V at the end of the Prefix instead of having V Edition slapped on at the end. That way everything is grouped together and is easier to manage for myself and anyone that wants to clean up space on their drives.
>>
>>283118
Give me a few minutes before you do that, i'll rename them myself on the mega and upload juicebox.
>>
>>283118
-All modified track files renamed to have _V at the end.
-"KCV_IWILLFUCKNGFLAY..." renamed to "KCV_I_HATE_THE_ANTICHRIST" with its corresponding version.
-Juicebox added to the mega, its a mod that adjusts balance in general much like kartMP, it depends on kartMP to be active for it to work, so to avoid any issues, set it to load for LAST.
-Added the kartexhaust mod. makes your exhaust shoot fire when boosting. its cute.
-Remember to check the duped files (pataponchads and the modified bonuschars with edited motobug sounds)

Juicebox (now called jewbox_koolaid_V) changes:
-Start-up anti-grief removed, bullying lightfags is a tradition that will never die.
-the catch-up rings got changed to start spawning 90 seconds into the race as opposed to 10 seconds. boost strength base remains at 40% and max strength is 90% up from 80%. Ring spacing should be slightly bigger.

Thanks for updating the server lad.
>>
File: 1617594652735.gif (201 KB, 200x200)
201 KB
201 KB GIF
>>283147
what are the character/map changes for tomorrow?
>>
File: file.png (70 KB, 978x465)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>283150
Assuming serveranon implements everything, we should have all hell tracks out of the normal voting pool, a few tracks removed from their packs, a few packs removed entirely, and some new packs added.
As for characters, pataponchads and bonuschars wont be getting duped, so that should let us see the rest of the bonus chars on the character pool, such as the robot chick from purse owner.
>>
>>283147
>90 seconds
Most races only last about 2 minutes except on really long maps. Doesn't this just encourage shitting on 1st place with a last second comeback?
>>
>>283185
you don't try to shit up the frontrunner with your items?
>>
>>283188
The boost rings are supposed to make it easier to overtake first place. When it lasts the entire race the person who initially gets first stolen from them has plenty of time to get it back. If you're only activating it at the last second isn't that just going to let 2nd cut off 1st then win before the guy in first gets the chance to get his position back?
>>
>>283192
Nah, cause if the front runner got enough distance, and is smart with item placement, he can make it very hard for others to catch up to him.
Besides that, if youre holding items like yeezys and stars and shit, you wont be gaining as much speed from the rings as others. It will decrease to about 10% of the speed boost. To get the maximum possible speed boost from the rings, you need to not have any items on you, the front runner doesnt has any limitation whatsoever, so he still has the upper hand by being able to hit whoever is behind him with items.
>>
Anyone know about a patch that fixes the out of memory and/or SIGSEV crashes?
>>
>>283226
Moe?
>>
>>283228
>>283228
you mean this?
https://kart.moe/moe-mansion/
>>
>>283234
Yes, that
It's the closest thing to a Sigsev patch we have
>>
>>283238
well it says it's not found. what do?
>>
>>283241
Well, you could always go Birdhouse
It's the precursor to Moe.
>>
>>283147
brother, the prefix was suppose to have V, not add it as a suffix. This doesn't organize anything. It should be KRV_[TRACKPACKNAME] or KRBV_[TRACPACKNAME]
I'm going to go ahead and rename everything just KRV_ on my end (dropping the B and L shit).
>>
File: 1617867123655.jpg (21 KB, 500x500)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>283226
>>283234
>>283241
It's hosted on the srb2 forums.
https://mb.srb2.org/threads/srb2kart-1-3-moe-mansion.29473/
>>
File: 1582486205119.png (316 KB, 956x1030)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
Both servers have received a purging and updated.
If the track isn't on the Mega, it's not on the server. I suggest you avoid downloading anything off the MEGA until everything has been synchronized. Stick with the ingame browser until then.
>>283371
You can verify the contents of both servers on here.
http://157.245.133.74/repo/
http://165.22.14.126/repo/
>>
>>283393
thank you. Now I just gotta fix the shaky camera that comes with this.
>>
>>283396
any new characters bro, when can i play as fucky monke prince >>281562
>>
File: MonkeeRun.webm (1.16 MB, 800x456)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB WEBM
>>283406
No new characters.
I haven't made accompanying 2D sprites for that one. She's my OC from an action game I'm making
>>
I was going to implement the TSR mod this week but that's on hold until next week. I have a solution for switching between tricks and no-tricks on a single server but haven't implemented it yet. What would be a good interval for the switch? Every hour? Two hours? 4 hours and 20 minutes? It will involve restarting the server, but it comes back up pretty quick.
>FORCE STORE REEEEE!
Fuck off
>>
>>283414
>What would be a good interval for the switch? Every hour? Two hours? 4 hours and 20 minutes
Updated "/v/ Server Tricks & Mods Survey"
https://forms.gle/nAZtFGDuiQu7xMzV6
>question re: tricks time interval
OMG HORNMOD?!?!? (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/hornmod-championship-edition.2418/)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6asGi7-AUq0
Juicebox (https://hyuu.cc/j/ )
>>
>>283414
>Tricks server essentially died because you couldn't make one simple change
>Telling them to fuck off
I genuinely don't understand what the fuck is wrong with you as soon as the swap to tricks happens nobody is going to play
>>
File: file.png (12 KB, 559x279)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>283420
Bros how are we tied with hornfags???
How could this happen!!!
>>
File: 1616195387814.png (387 KB, 925x918)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
>>283371
Reading and writing is hard...
>>
File: kart0044.gif (1.69 MB, 320x200)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB GIF
Aight i'm fully awake now.
>>283396
I'm gonna try to find out what's causing this. This is guaranteed seethe and makes every shortcut nearly impossible to take.
>>
File: 1530510811651.png (263 KB, 504x547)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>282760
>>282754
>if you split the sector your using to make a floating platform in half with a line and then link that line with the same tag and and effect but mess around with the floor and ceiling height, it actually works
What the fuck
I'm trying to do the same right now and wh
What?
>>
File: file.png (521 KB, 1360x768)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>283541
Nevermind I got it
This is so fucking retarded
Now how the fuck do I get railings? If that sector's middle texture is the god damn side of it do I need to make yet more FoFs but these for the walls?
>>
>>283396
I'm back from testing. This bug is caused by juicebox's hardsneaker shit messing up slipstream's inner hardsneaker shit.
I deleted the one in juicebox and the bug went away. i'm uploading the updated jewbox to the mega.

And please delete kukipack, i already ripped out megaman X and ashley from it, it has no reason to exist.
>>
>>283549
Can't you do it like Midtexture alignment with the grass trick and make them impassable?
>>
>>283559
Apparently doesnt work with FoFs since the midtexture set is the one that shows for the sides
>>
We're playing in no tricks if someone wants to join
>>
>>283549
Raise the sector its floating over and mess with its height offset. Don't forget to check solid midtexture.
>>
>>283591
Just fapped. Gonna shower and make some good real quick. When is the /v/eekend thread?
>>
>>283490
Alright you dumb cock sucker. I'm forcing store for this weekend only. Now fuck off. I'm tired of your ass.
>>
File: 1397999934772.jpg (96 KB, 840x700)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>283601
Bro... the jewbox update so our yeezys work properly...
>>
>>283603
Give me a minute. My free trial to the mobile SFTP ran out. I have to actually get on a computer to manage the server for once.
>>
>>283605
Aight, thanks for the help and management, server anon. Don't forget to delete kukipack.

As for the /v/eekend, I'll start it in about an hour or two
>>
>>283606
Both servers have been updated and kuki has been removed
>>
>>283608
Based, thanks. I'll get in for a race to make sure there's no new bugs fucking people up.
>>
I'm stuck on downloading jewbox
>>
I'm getting stuck on waiting to download game state, it times me out
>>283616
It's on the mega
>>
I can get into the acrobatics one just fine. He no tricks one isn't letting me connect
>>
>>>/v/551434880
>>
>making a crane was actually 100 times more difficult then it was worth
Do you think I can get away with not having ropes
>>
>>283636
What do you mean?
>>
File: 81.png (297 KB, 1864x837)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
>>283679
>>
>>281778
Holy shit that sounds great. At the minimum I really want to see Ranma added with that lua file.
>>281780
Ranma is good anime though, I hate 90% of the anime suggestions but this is good shit
>>
File: krewniggers.png (47 KB, 482x246)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
schizo, just shorten gate times for now
>>
>>283752
Just to be clear I don't personally like the rings very much anyway. But if you do decide to keep them I just don't think keeping the start timer so high makes sense.
.t slowpoke
>>
Does anybody know what are the textures used for the "light beams" used in sneaker panels and other shit?
I cannot find it
>>
>>283942
ROZLITW
make sure to mark the linedefs as opaque, forgot the number
>>
File: 1604685282974.png (1.35 MB, 1350x1180)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
Host I don't know what mods got added but my framerate is SUPER fucking choppy with this new server update holy shit
>>
>>284017
Upon further inspection this might just be the two BRs on the server fucking with the server ping and not an issue with the mods, ignore my previous post host
>>
Yo folks, just sayin, if you want to use Slipstream+Acro+Juicebox together, all you need do is load Slipstream AFTER both Acro and Juicebox. oh and also be using the latest beta.

No need to tear it up lol.
>>
>>284075
We're not using a torn up slipstream, had you logged onto the server you'd know this.
>>
>>284088
I was more referring to Juicebox and this post
>>283558
>>
>>284118
I'd rather make server anon's life easier and chop out whatever is fucking up the mods while also tweaking them to better suit our general tastes.
>>
>>284136
Oh I understand that totally. I was just suggesting that you wouldn't need to do that if you used the updated versions that were fixed. And of course, letting anon know there are updated versions.
>>
Trick fags really embarrassing themselves today
>>
File: Mecha dance.gif (22 KB, 200x300)
22 KB
22 KB GIF
IM FREE FAGGOTS
>>283226
here is the patch that will help with the memory errors
https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
just patch it over whatever .exe you have(Moe or birdmod)
>>284173
I wonder who who hates no tricks so much?
>>282623
SCAT SCAT SCAT
>>282662
>trannime
go back
>>
i see that you guys are running my map (KR_jellycup_v1.05.pk3), i have a beta version of the updated version, i just haven updated the master server thread because i wanna finish the second one
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x0_wkVlvEc6XySCmBtxL3eflfBeGJxJT/view?usp=sharing
>>
>Keep leaving my tripcode on when I shit post in other threads
Hate you homos. Wish I could just go back to gorilla posting when I need to identify myself
>>284234
Noice. Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it for tomorrow.
>>
>>284240
It's time for an update to our latest toy, Jewbox:
>Removed the 50% increase in item hit stun.
>Removed the nerf to the timbs (super boots) they now drain at the default pace. both passive and active.
>Speed sphincter timer reduced to 60 seconds, it should be coming online about halfway into the race.
>Regular yeezy pack untouched, you still get 2 instead of 3.
A bit of mechanical insight:
Tech recovery has two types: fucked, which happens if you smash accel before the "GO" button comes up and locks you out of the recovery for a bit.
Passive, which happens if you never let go of accel when you get hit, the boost is... not bad, its a good pick-me-up.
Active, which happens when you hit accel when "GO" comes up. this boost lasts longer than the passive one, i don't remember the exactly how much longer.
This character repack is not active in the server: KCV_I_HATE_THE_ANTICHRIST_v0.2.pk3
Assuming my math is right (and i used a calculator this time) with this pack active we'd have 120 characters total. What was the character cap again? cause i'll start repacking the bonus chars to cut out the ones we don't use.
>>284234
Added to the mega, named "KRV_Jellycup_V1.06B.wad"
MEGA link: https://mega.nz/folder/kq5wkKgS#XTNs_x7XdvpmzOptCEH-Fw
>>
File: file.png (508 KB, 1280x1024)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>284234
Interesting decor choice.
>>
>>284255
>What was the character cap again?
>>
>>284255
I feel like I've seen everyone in bonuschars used at least once before. Who would you be cutting?
>>
>>284278
I'd guess ones like the Puyo Pop girl, Beat, and the shitty looking Dinosaur from that game literally no one has played
>>
>>284283
>Arle and Beat
>We literally just had people playing both of those like an hour ago
Why not remove characters people actually don't use, like inkling boy and octoling boy? People only used the girls and having 4 splatoon characters is excessive. In fact, I don't think they were even on the poll yet they're here.
>>
File: unknown.png (12 KB, 498x316)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>284292
Really don't know why we have the Mario 64 pack, on top of having Mario and Luigi.
>>
>>284296
keep the mario 64 pack
>>
>>284296
To be fair, the 64 pack is more of a pack you play if you're in a really shitposty mood, so it's understandable they'd be played less.
>>
File: unknown.png (15 KB, 624x308)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>284300
>>284303
Ain't what I meant. The 64 pack has far more yes votes than the Mit Mario and Luigi. They both have a lot of yes votes. I just see no point in the Mit versions existing.
>>
>>284303
I think it's because they're more there for people who don't feel like playing the 64 versions but still want to play as a Mario character.
>>
>>284255
Added Antichrist
Updated Jewbox
Added the beta track
Modified the MK64 pack to remove the title screen override when joining the server. I hated that shit.
>>
>>284296
>>284305
Take out the Mit Mario and Luigi then. That's two spots.
>>
File: 1610167336753.png (267 KB, 1000x900)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
For Sonic to have a shitload of pinball bumpers in his game I have yet to see a single track that has one of those
Does anybody know how to make something that at the very least doesnt stop you completly like normal walls and instead bumps you so slightly?
Tried searching in the Things and there's just the NiGHTS bumper, which doesnt seem to be the one I need
>>
Surveys updated.

/v/ Server Character Survey
Bartman Pack
(https://mb.srb2.org/addons/bartmans-rally-all-stars-character-pack-v2.2061/)
>Ash & Pikachu
>Misty & Psyduck
>Ranma
>Akane
>Shampoo
JOKER Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/joker-chars-pack-v6-1-plus-pikachu.1974/)
>Cuphead
>Birdo
>Chain Chomp
>King Boo
>Spyro
>Penta Penguin
>Takosuke
>Patamon
>Bowser Jr.
>Eevee
>Ice Man
>Koopa Troopa
>Pikachu
ToadDan Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/toaddans-character-pack-v1-1.1972/)
>Toad
>King Bob-Omb
>Steve
Strife Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/strifes-character-pack-v6.2014/)
>Shantae
>Peach
>Palutena
>Motorsport Amy
>Bowsette
>Lilibri [Petal Crash]
PoleStation Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/polestation-characters-pack-v1-8-chun-returns-to-join-into-race.2018/)
>Hebe
>O-Chan
>Sukezaemon / Shades
>Jennifer / Gil
>Boggy B
Kibito Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/kibitos-kart-chars-v1-1.2016/)
>Wheelie Rider Kirby
>Gardevoir
>Geninja
>Jevil
>Mettaton
The King [Zelda CDi] (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/the-king-v-2-1.2011/)
Exeggcutor (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/patafoins-character-pack.2500/)
>>
File: 1582399447814.jpg (36 KB, 303x351)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
/v/ Server Maps Survey
Angel Arrow (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/angel-arrow-zone-1-1-chromed-edition.26603/)
Space Pinball [Pizza Tower] (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/space-pinball-_-pizza-tower.2542/)
Cookie Country [Kirby] (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/cookie-country-kirbys-return-to-dream-land.29606/)
MAPC5 - Cannon Course Zone (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/cannon-course-zone.2294/)
Kart Mania Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/kart-mania-with-battle-plus-support.2299/)
>Water Palace
>Aqua Cave
>Forest Grove
>Desert Dash
>Metal Corridor
>Mystic Meadow
>Sunset Island
>Blazing Caverns
>Icy Cliffside
>Classic Southern Park
>Sunny Garden
>Cyan Aquarium
>Intergalactic Station
>Sandy Wastes
>Coastal Cruise
>Aerial Sanctuary
>Ocean Relic
>Downtown Rush
>Cosmic Starway
CTR Track Pack (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/ctr-track-pack-v1.27687/)
>Slide Coliseum
>N.Gin Labs
>Cortex Castle
Turbo Pack Mega (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/turbo-pack-mega.2265/)
>Frozen Lake
>UAC Racing Facility
>Windy Hilltop
>Crash Course
>Salt Factory
>Tux Raceway
>Shinigami Valley
>Horrible Roundabout
>>
>>284408
I know the Casino Night track in this pack has a cluster of bumpers that basically works like that:
https://mb.srb2.org/addons/dreamscape-gardens-race-v1-8-battle-plus.2279/
I don't know how mapping in SRB2K works but hopefully you can pick it apart in SLADE or something
>>
File: IMG_20180125_202115.jpg (91 KB, 745x745)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
/v/ Server Tricks & Mods Survey
Item Rain (https://mb.srb2.org/threads/item-rain-v2-2-cloudy-with-a-chance-of-bananas.27569/)
Wipezones (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/v4-1-wipezones.2395/)
Weathermod (https://mb.srb2.org/addons/weathermod-v1-2.2408/)
>>
File: S9.png (87 KB, 249x249)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>284463
You posted the map survey again.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.