[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Diabotical.jpg (89 KB, 860x1148)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
2021... I am forgotten
>>
Should have just put the game modes people like in matchmaking instead of forcing people to organize pickups in a game that runs tens time worse than any other game you could organize pickups in.
>>
should have just had anime girls with short skirts instead of eggs
>>
>>274283
A confused game that was doomed to fail from the start.
Mechanically designed for Quake autists (that for some reason don't want to play Quake) with a visual style that appeals to no one.
>>
>>274283
tell me more
>>
>>274283
>Let's make Quake... yet again!
>And this time let's make it even uglier than the 20 year old game we copy!
>That will surely work great guys
>>
>>274283
Shit game modes, shit maps, shit gameplay changes from QL. It's not even more approachable for new players because there are no good casual game modes (and a lot of esport tryhards moved to dbt at release.)
>>
the game was just an engine test for their other games. afps is dead and it isn't coming back
>>
>>274650
>afps is dead
The genre and concept isn't dead, it's just that everyone that makes new ones have no idea what would be needed for them to become popular.

For instance, in a sense Battle Royale games are a form of arena shooters that are very popular today.
The idea of a fixed arena, high mobility, odd weapons, etc. isn't the issue. It's how they exclusively focus on the ultra hardcore, mimic Quake and lean too much into obtuse elements like map control (without even teaching it) which is too inaccessible for new players.
>>
>>274662
I'd definitely go with this one. Nobody coming to a game wants to get his arsehole torn apart, each and every round, by some old hairy bear humping this game and genre for the past twenty plus years.
You either have to apply lube in order to have an easy entrance for newcumers and veterans alike. Or you set up some casual modes where everyone is dandy and welcome the way they are.
>>
>>274662
nah they're dead and they aren't coming back
>>274719
dueling would be better for new players if they added in a casual mode that had an item timing hud where you pick something up and a hud counts down to when it spawns again, and also health+armor visuals above the enemy players head. those are the two biggest arenas new players have problems with. timing is the easy part, remembering is the hard part
none of this will ever happen though because the genre is dead
>>
any1 wanna play?
jerkipoo#7929
>>
if it were on steam id probably remember it exists
>>
>>274283
EGS can suck my royal butthole
>>
>>274650
Well it's a damn shitty engine because it lags with my 1660
>>
should have made them squares instead of circles, nobody gives a fuck about circles.
>>
>>278265

Bro I got a 1050 and it runs perfectly. You must be doing something wrong.
>>
>>274593
>back in the day the majority of Q3 players played deathmatch clusterfucks for fun
This is literally all I want, a fast paced arena shooter where I can just drop in and play some mindless FFA DM.
>>
>>274283
He was right all along. Nick won.
>>
File: literally who.jpg (52 KB, 720x586)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>278672
>Nick
>>
>>279022
Shut the fuck up you retard. You know exactly the person you guys blamed everything for diabotical's failure on.
>>
File: 1601315193429.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1024)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>274283
Meta Monarchy Unreal
>>
>>279830
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>278672
Nick won. I won. Africa won. Feels really good that this dogshit game didn't even last half a year. Feels real good.....
>>
>just release it on tim's creepy shop, what's the worst that could happen, look he's even giving us free money!
>>
Actually died because EGS.
>>
>>274283
rip yames
>>
>>280325
The game was such a failure James was streaming for days and refused to discuss it.

I remember seeing some of the Dev updates and it seemed like James regretted making the game and wanted it to fail so he could move on, and the fanboys called me Nick & crazy......
>>
ALSO DAILY REMINDER TO YOU DIABOTICAL SHILLS THAT THERE WAS NO NICK AND I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG AND IT FEELS SOOOOOOO SATISFYINGGGG WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS
>>
>>280352
it wasn't a failure if you consider the game nothing more than an engine test
>>
>>280368
LOL this is the most ridiculous and deluded attempt at coping I've ever seen. Shame on you, truly shame on you.
>>
File: firefox_8gds.jpg (54 KB, 863x1003)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>280354
t. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027868877
>>
>>280377
what? they're using the same engine for their next game. diabotical was just a big beta test to iron out the engine for it lol
>>
>>280392
Who the fuck is this now? You diabotical fucking losers will grasp at any straws, it's so fucking sad. You lost. I won. Your game is dead and every day I wake up and it puts a smile on my face knowing this.

>>280400
>>280400
Yeah thats exactly what was said initially, not that it was going to be the savior of AFPS. It wasn't touted to kill QC. James totally didn't take the 2 years of EGS money meant to support the game and suddenly use it to make new games, completely destroying the community and causing a mass exodus. Yeah it was always supposed to be a big beta test for the engine.

What is wrong with you Diabotical people? In the old threads, mountains of evidence was shown that your game was dying and you denied it...and you were WRONG...and now instead of being rational human beings and learning from your mistakes you just make new ones. Real idiots.
>>
>>280560
>Who the fuck is this now?
Newfag
>>
>>280224
They wouldn't even have been able to finish developing the game without Epic money. I'd even argue that they'd be out on the street by now without said money, since the game was doomed from the start.
>>
>>274283
Anon... how many goddamn times do I have to tell you to stop talking baout this shit dead game already? It's dead. You won. Move the fuck on. Literally nobody on this board would remember this even existed if you stopped sperging out about it for 3 months. Go back to the Quake thread and continue trying to shill QC there. We don't care any more and it's time for you to move the fuck on.
>>
>>280392
What an ugly nigger
>>
this game was really well made, it's a shame that it's all 1v1 and competitive team modes

they needed to have a fun and enjoyable game to make having competitive modes viable

even TF2 does this right, the majority of the game is privately owned servers running casual game modes and ranked/match making is a small sub section of the game
>>
>>280392
Hi Kiko
>>
>So quake fans, why do you like quake?
>Well you can have a large ammount of players, lots of mod ability, nice game types, the ability to seperate casuals from the pros and the world is super crazy over the top heavy metal.
>Ok so you want a game with a max of 8 players, zero mod ability or customization, only competitive game types for super hyper competitive play and a world that looks like a discount Overwatch, GOT IT!
>>
File: tenor.gif (167 KB, 640x360)
167 KB
167 KB GIF
Necro Negro
>>
File: LOL.png (323 KB, 1228x726)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
James I know you lurked here. I won't ever stop rubbing it in you crack addict. It feels so good to have been right. After all the shilling and denials and lies and delusions, it feels amazing when you know you're right, to rub it in. Enjoy.
>>
>>281950
no 2gayd I want a game on a store without chink spywares :)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.