[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cap.jpg (18 KB, 474x266)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
CCP should introduce an anti-cyno bubble. Imagine a Hictor, except instead of its bubble stopping you from warping, it prevents anyone outside of it being able to jump to a cyno that is within it.
>>
so why not just warp to your friends then
>>
>>271005
>Keep the cyno ship in the bubble
>They can't light a cyno
>Hotdrop averted
>>
>>270986
isnt that what bubbles do already?
>>
>>271051
No. You can't jump OUT of a bubble, but you can jump to a cyno that is inside a bubble.
>>
>>270986
no, hics are gay

>>271051
it's a problem with cynos I think, that nothing short of killing the ship can disable them or prevent them from being jumped to. even a cyno inhibitor you need to put it up before the cyno activates, and they are shit in various other ways too
>>
>>270986
>anti-cyno bubble
You mean a cyno jammer? Which is already in the game?
>>
>>271146
Yes, except not completely useless.
>>
>2021
>Still no bombs or bubbles in lowsec
>>
Trying this game out and I'm kind of stumped, the progression for solo mining seems to just be Exhumers. Is there any way to use the larger mining command ships like the Porpoise and Orca solo or is it not a good idea? Mostly wondering because mining the ores in Wormhole space is such a slow process that it feels like I need a bigger cargo hold to throw the ore into instead of jumping back and forth over and over.
>>
>>271146
It's funny cause cov ops cynos completely circumvent those.
>>
>>271356
Mining is for retarded boomers and bots. Learn something better. You're selling to traders who wanna buy on margins to make the biggest profit. You are the one being fucked every time. It's boring work and it doesn't even pay well.
>>
>>271356
Don't mine. There is no solo mining progression. If you absolutely must mine, go for the smaller gas huffer ships that fit cloaks. Gas huffing can actually be profitable even if it's still absurdly boring.
Actual mining is heavily monopolized by bots, chinks, and multiboxers (and sometimes all three combined). You think you need a bigger cargo hold? There's guys out there who multibox 50 mining ships and mine directly into a jump freighter. You can't reasonably compete with that.

If you want to make money doing non-combat tasks, try out Exploration, or better yet, combat exploration in an Astero so you can do the fun sites.
>>
>>271362
>multibox 50 mining ships and mine directly into a jump freighter
Isn't it more like Rorquals out the ass
>>
>progression
>muh grind for more expensive thing so I can grind for more expensive thing
why do people keep falling for this
>>
>>271361
>>271362
Oh, alright. Mostly wanted something to do in the background while I worked and I do Exploration when I'm able to actually devote my full attention to the game. I'm trying to save up for a Stratios cause it looks cool and hopefully will let me do some of the big combat sites.
>>
Is scavenging still a thing?
>>
>>271369
Stratios can do 4/10 DED sites fairly easily and maybe 5/10's if you have good skills. But, since you're new, stick to the 3/10's which can be done in a destroyer.
Mining is definitely NOT a background activity. Good isk from mining requires risk, the T2 gas mining ships can fit CovOps cloaks for a reason. Even in High Sec, there's entire alliances dedicated to doing nothing but suicide ganking miners.

>>271372
Yes. Salvage getting buffed with the indy updates soon too iirc.
>>
>>271373
Yeah a friend of mine who has played for a long time told me to add a bunch of corps as negative contacts if I was going to do any mining. He also told me that I'm wasting my time with Exploration and Mining and if I really want to make ISK I should just run abyssals like him. Idk what those are but he said I need hundreds of millions of isk to do the good ones so I'm just running around in the Astero he gifted me and trying to make money. I guess the sites I'm finding are mostly combat sites that I can do but I don't know where to start with them.
>>
>>271382
Exploration is basically an introductory experience. Little barrier to entry, little risk, potentially decent profits, and it acclimatized you to the mechanics of the game through trial and error, and exposes you to the mechanics of low and nullsec. It's a starting point, but it's not the big money.
Abyssals are accessed by using Abyssal Filaments. They warp you to a deadspace pocket you cannot escape in any way except by killing everything. Each has three rooms, and you have 20 minutes to kill everything, loot what you can, and GTFO, and if you're too slow you died. They're further divided up into tiers and system effects. Tier zero is the lowest tier, this is intended for newbros to get acquainted with the mechanics and gives minor rewards (like 3m per run), up to tier 6, which is intended for people risking billions of isk and nets you upwards of 80m per run.

If you're interested in these, an Algos, Talwar, Dragoon, or Corax is enough for T0 and T1 filaments. Tier 0 filaments have "tranquil" in the name, T1 have "calm". This site has a list of fits for filaments if you want to try them out.
https://abyss.eve-nt.uk/fits

I highly recommend you only take cheap destroyers or frigates in until you're comfortable with the combat mechanics and can reliably recognize how NPC ship names relate to their various Ewar effects, because you either win or die in these, there is no escape.
>>
>>271392
Interesting. I do like that the site you linked has info like "Breakeven" points. Looking at the fits used for the high tier things that cost billions makes me wonder how you even get that rich. Will probably give it a shot, just have to make sure I have the right skills.
>>
>>271356
Exhumers you'll rarely use because their cost is so much higher that you become a juicy gank target.
Porpoise is OK but mines slower than Mining Barges. It's designed to be a mini-Orca basically; tractor beaming friend's cans in and giving mining boosts.
Orca/Rorq are getting completely reworked soon so I wouldnt bother buying or training for one.

Mining isnt an end-goal in Eve. It's just a passive activity for when you just want to chill but still make a little bit of money.
At best you want to use it occasionally so you can manufacture your own ammo and small ships when living in remote areas of space, so you dont have to waste time hauling that shit from Jita.
And when you live in Lowsec or Nullsec it's literally faster to get resources from killing hauler spawns in belts than it is actually mining yourself, or you could make 4x the money flying a cruiser and just buy the discounted minerals from miner corp-mates.

tl;dr Stop mining.
>>
>>271367
WoW.
Everyone thinks every game has to have tiered gear sets or tiered ships you constantly progress through.
As opposed to good MMOs like FFXI where you're constantly collecting gear for macros and side-grades, WoW brought in the cancerous idea of tiered gear.
Cant run Tier 2 content until you get all your T1 gear!
Cant run T3 content until you get your T2!
and so on for like 20 tiers.
So you get people joining Eve with this mindset that bigger = better and that you should constantly be upgrading to a higher tech and more valuable ship.
Then 2 years and 50 million skillpoints in they realise all they fun they had was flying shitfit 500k isk frigates in lowsec
>>
>>271373
>Even in High Sec, there's entire alliances dedicated to doing nothing but suicide ganking miners.
just want to point out, this only happens in busy areas of highsec and only during EU and US timezone.
t.Aussie that lives in a highsec backwater
>>
>>271372
>>271392
>>271362
Seconding these.
Some good money and fun to be had doing a combination of this.
Prospect is a great gas huffer and if fit/piloted correctly it can speed tank the rats in C6 wormhole gas sites for great isk/hour.
Or you can slap Salvager II's with some salvage rigs onto a Heron or something and go do Explo.
Once in a while you'll find a nice T2, T3 or rarespawn (Shadow Serpentis, etc) wreck that's worth a nice chunk of change as you're going around looking for data/relic sites.
>>
daily reminder that there is gas mining in normal space, even though wormholers are somehow unaware of it, and it's going to be expanded massively in the next big update. still boring as shit though
>>
>>271821
as of right now, gas mining in normal space is for making drugs and is worthless most of the time.
wormhole gas is used to make T3 cruiser stuff and is very valuable if you can huff it from a C5 or C6.
>>
>>271915
that means you probably live in wormhole space, which means you have brain problems. and you're wrong, the decent cytos are valuable enough
>>
>>271821
K-space gas is worthless unless you're in the special drug cartel regions of nulsec
>>
>>271950
>the decent cytos are valuable enough
ok i was memeing a bit
yeah they are, especially for newbros or anyone who's able to run reactions.
if your not either though there's better shit to do for isk that's less risky
>>
newguy from earlier, if I am going to do these abyssals in a destroyer should I find a buddy to do them in since two can go in per filament?
>>
>>272115
You'll be fine solo in t0/t1. Duo Jackdaw is for T6 (usually multiboxed).
>>
applied for a corp on their discord, but their discord seems dead.
should I just put in an in-game application?
been a week and i havent heard any sort of response
>>
>>271993
you are misinformed
>>
CCP confirmed they're going to rebalance T3C's and T1 BS in the livestream.
42:40.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/967736306
>>
>>272413
does rebalance mean massive nerfs
>>
>>272424
In this case probably buffs because both are kind of shit right now.
>>
File: 1597733286494.jpg (32 KB, 637x476)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>T3Cs
>kind of shit
>>
>>272438
>Implying they aren't
>Overpriced
>Lose SP when they die
>Mediocre tank and DPS

The only T3C that gets any particular use is the Loki, and even then it's mostly only for small scale cloaky fuckery. Trig ships have completely replaced them in wormholes and the SP loss combined with the fact that they cost three times as much as a HAC makes them undesirable for fleets. They aren't even that good for krabbing, because krabbing fits are all HAM fits and if you want to krab with HAMs you better have a hauler alt to keep bringing you ammo because you'll chew through that shit like an american at a buffet.

And then there's the Proteus which is just straight up garbage even compared to the other three.
>>
>>272445
you're totally deluded. their tank and dps are both massively retarded, and they all see enormous use except the proteus, which only doesn't because the others are significantly more overpowered than it
>>
>>272448
Who the fuck uses Tengus? Or Legions?
>>
>>272449
people who want to fly an extremely overpowered ship, but one slightly less overpowered than a loki
>>
>>272450
Such as? Who are these people flying these overpowered ships that cost as much as a Rattlesnake but do less DPS and having less tank at a much lower range?
>>
>>272451
welcome to eve online. battleships are supposed to do more dps at longer range than cruisers and have more tank. you will find that your t3 balance cruisers, because of icelandic backward logic, actually compete pretty well with a lot of battleships despite being 2 sizes down, which is stupid
>>
>>272452
Why are you trying to dodge the question? Who is using these ships that cost nearly as much as a faction battleship for worse performance (not to mention the sheer inconvenience of supplying them) which also cause you to lose ~600m worth of SP when you lose one?
>>
>>272455
it's a retarded question. who is using them? who are you? what difference does it make?
they are badly designed and too powerful and should fuck off
>>
>>272456
The answer is nobody. Aside from Lokis in small gangs, nobody really uses then. Because they suck, the SP loss on death alone makes them a waste of time when you can just get a Rattlesnake which is better for roughly the same price, with no SP loss, and arguably safer because it can fit an MJD.
Hell, a Tengu with a decent fit (a Deadspace LSB and prop mod, maybe a few faction BCU's) runs a price tag close to what a shit fit CARRIER costs. If you add the value of the lost SP and the insurance payout, I think it might actually be cheaper to lose the carrier than the Tengu.
>>
F or me missile drone Legion worked pretty well for epic storylines
>>
>>272460
so you're saying if you fit 1b of mods to it, then it's about 1b more expensive than you'd like? interesting stuff
being able to bump t3c dps up to bs dps with some faction damage mods speaks to their very high base damage. they do more dps than bc, and mostly all come with massive range/tracking bonuses on top
>Rattle
>better
these ships are not comparable. a rattlesnake cannot travel unaccompanied outside highsec. it cannot refit to 100 different roles and take its rigs off.
you say that nobody uses these ships, even though lokis get extremely high usage, tengus are pretty common for certain flavours of krabbing, and at all times of the day there are thousands of alts farting about in these ships scouting / probing / exploring all over the place.
I would like it to be true that nobody uses T3s, but I see more than 100 tengus for each moa I see. until it's the other way, they should be nerfed continuously, if you go by popularity for balance
>>
>>272467
They are absolutely comparable because they're primarily krabbing ships in the same price range. Because like I said, nobody forms doctrines around ships where you lose SP every time you have to reship. Wormholes are all about trig ships, I don't even know what null is doing now but it was Muninns and capital blobs and shit a while ago, but not T3C's.
The only T3C that gets any use at all is the Loki, because it doesn't gimp itself by being cloaky, and because it can fit its ewar systems without gimping its damage. Lokis are good ships in small gangs, but they're still shit for everything else.

>they do more dps than bc
BC's are garbage. Most HACs do more DPS than they do too (and most Recons). That's nothing to do with T3C's and everything to do with CCP completely ignoring the entire BC ship class.

>it cannot refit to 100 different roles and take its rigs off.
What other role can a tengu refit to? I haven't seen a Logi tengu since whenever spider tanking was the Alliance Tournament meta. 2014? What other role can a Legion refit to? What role can the Proteus fill *at all*?
If T3C's are so OP why does nobody use them in large scale PvP? Why have they been replaced by Gilas and Rattlesnakes for C3 krabbing and combat exploration?

If I were to lose a Tengu, completely ignoring the cost of the hull, modules, any implants, or anything in the cargo, It would cost me 1.1b to inject that lost SP again. Lowball that to 1b because I'd have some left over I suppose. Add the hull and subsystems this goes to around 1.3b assuming I have just the 4 subs I'm using and none in my subsystem bay. Assuming I'm cheaping out on the fit, ~100m for a B-type MSB, another ~80m for T2 shit and rigs, ammo, whatever the fuck. Nearly 1.5b lost for a ship that is less effective than a 700m Rattlesnake.
And anything a Tengu can do a Gila can do for one third the price before even factoring in SP loss. And then there's the Legion and Proteus which are objectively worse than the Tengu.
>>
>>272485
>they're primarily krabbing ships in the same price range
they are not designed to be krabbing ships, they just happen to turn out that way. 1 minor change to some other ship later and you'll see fleets of them. there's an issue with krabbing that you're ignoring, which is that smaller ships are generally undesirable, because most of the advantages of smaller ships are worthless
>Lokis
>good ships in small gangs
>shit for everything else
amazing that you're even implying that lokis aren't good enough, as though dominating small gang pvp with braindead webs and bs alpha is not enough
>BCs are garbage
faggot detected. when you look broadly at how the game works, battlecruisers do more damage than cruisers. that's largely the point of them, along with the extra hp, it's how the system is meant to work. we don't get this with AFs for example, having more damage and range and tracking than destroyers
>char limit
but yeah I'd love a gurista ship nerf alongside t3 nerfs
>>
>>272495
>1 minor change to some other ship later and you'll see fleets of them.
No you won't. Because Having your entire fleet lose a weeks worth of skillpoints if you get dabbed on is retarded, and putting yourself in a position where your players literally can't fly the ship effectively if they lose several of them in a short span of time leaves you weak, and the fact that they cost a disproportionate amount of isk is also a factor for the non-blob corps too. To say nothing of the fact that nobody wants to constantly re-train subsystem skills.
There's a good reason all the Wormhole corps jumped over to trig ships as soon as it became remotely practical. T3C's simply aren't worth to effort. They're useful in niche scenarios like Guristas 10/10's, but even then they still run into issues such as HAMs eating a stupid amount of ammunition that makes them extremely obnoxious for any kind of solo, non-multibox content.
>>
>>272498
how do you explain how both of them have been used as fleet ships in the past then
>nobody wants to constantly re-train subsystem skills
I'd be perfectly find with them being very heavily nerfed while having the skill point thing removed
>all Wormhole corps
honestly nobody cares about what goes on in wormhole space i.e. nothing
>HAMs eating a stupid amount of ammunition
they don't use particularly more ammunition than other ships
>>
>>272515
>how do you explain how both of them have been used as fleet ships in the past then
In the past. Then everyone stopped for the reasons I stated, and Arty Loki fleets were replaced with Muninns. An Arty Muninn does exactly the same thing as an Arty Loki without the SP loss. Want webs? Get an alt in a Huginn, the two ships combined are better than one Loki, and cheaper to boot.

>they don't use particularly more ammunition than other ships
You can only fit ~8k HAMs in a Tengu's cargo bay if you're carrying an MTU and some refits for travel/extra hardeners etc. With their RoF you can go that in a single DED site. Unless you have an alt hauling more ammo for you or you're close to your staging system, they're an absolute pain in the ass to use. Especially compared to a Gila which does the same thing but uses Light missiles, which take less volume, a lower RoF, and aren't even it's primary source of damage. This is actually the primary reason I stopped using my Tengu. It's a perfectly workable ship otherwise, but I was constantly running out of missiles and having to resupply with an alt was tedious as fuck, combined with the higher risk just made it hard to justify it over something that was cheaper, almost as good, and didn't have that issue.
>>
>>272521
>the two ships combined are better than one Loki, and cheaper to boot
that's just how it is now, and it's a good thing. your rig refitting covops nullifier combat prober cancer webber isn't better in every way than a ship that can't do any of those things? that's something I suppose, but I think it could do with being a lot worse. it sounds like you admit that if muninns or huginns got fixed, lokis might see a resurgence as some kind of fleet ship, on top of its current popular thing of being gay as shit in smaller pvp. personally I think all of these ships have made eve significantly worse and can fuck off
>my tengu is not good enough at pve
don't care sorry. yes, drones need a rework and rapids need to be deleted
>>
>>272532
>it sounds like you admit that if muninns or huginns got fixed
What do you mean fixed? They both fine.
>>
>>272448
When the fuck did you last play, tech 3 cruisers have been shit since the rebalance, with the exception of the loki which remains king of the cloaky ganking ships, they're all cost inefficient as fuck

Even in their intended role as wormhole crabbing ships they're not even worth it
>>
>>272533
there is nothing fine about either of them

>>272552
today. I think it's you guys who don't play or something if you don't see t3s doing assorted bullshit everywhere you go
>intended role as wormhole crabbing ships
careful with that imagination
>>
>>272566
What ships are fine in your opinion, then?
>>
>>272568
most of them could use at least some work. we're many years behind on balance updates and have repeatedly had increasingly badly designed garbage inflicted upon us
I'd say most t1 frigates and most t1 cruisers are probably fairly close to being decent enough themselves
>>
>>272570
Right, so you're just a contrarian then.
>>
>>272571
everything I have posted is true. it's only contrary to what you're saying because what you're saying is stupid
>>
>>272575
What you've said is that any ship that is good at anything should be nerfed and two classes of ships that are literally worth less than their production cost due to how useless they are, are fine. Your opinion is retarded.
>>
>>272583
you're unironically arguing that the loki does not need nerfs, and bonuses like +300% stasis web range are fine
>What you've said is that any ship that is good at anything
no, just things like cruisers doing battleship dps instead of cruiser dps
>>
>>272594
No cruiser does Battleship DPS. A Tengu shooting Kinetic tops out at about 1100 DPS, most Battleships can fit for >1600. Many Battleships can fit for >2000. Marauders can easily hit 2600, and with a gank fit can hit >4k.
>>
>>272599
maybe when I said battleship I didn't mean gank fitted kronos, I just meant a bs
>>
>>272623
Like a tech 1 Battleship? The kind that CCP said they're reworking alongside T3C's because they're currently useless, which is what kicked this off to begin with? That kind of Battleship?
>>
>>272626
did you have a bad day or something
>>
>>272445
>overpriced
to be fair they're fairly cheap now.
like 170mil for a hull.
back when they were the overpowered "use these for absolutely everything" ships it'd cost you 600mil~1bil just for the hull
>>
What's the safest way to haul a few billion isk worth of low-volume goods like implants through highsec?
>>
>>273261
Over tanked cloaky loki or tengu

Use instant undocks, and warp cloaked

If you don't have access to tech 3s use a stratios
>>
>>273261
sub-2sec align Interceptor or a covert ops
have a mate scout ahead of you a couple of jumps if you like.
dock up if he reports seeing catalysts or thrashers on a gate.
dock up if anyone suspicious is following you.
haul as close to before/after server downtime as you can (ie: never haul valuable shit in EU or US primetime, the 4 hours before downtime or 2h after in Aus/NZ primetime are safest)
dont carry it all at once. worth doing a couple of trips to guarantee that you're less of a gank target and that you'll lose less in a gank than trying to save 20min and take it all at once.

you can also take x-instinct and wear sig radius-reducing implants if you want to make it even harder for someone to lock up, but with a 2sec align time hardly anyone's going to be able to anyway.
>>
>>273280
>>273326
Both wrong
>Put the implants in a frigate with a fast align
>Put the frigate in the escape bay of a T1 battleship fit cheap for missions
You're now absurdly hard to gank because you have BS EHP, and even if they cargo scan you all they see is whatever is in the cargo hold of the battleship, they can't see what's in the frigate. And even if they DO gank you, you can instawarp the frigate and only lose the BS.

Frigate escape bays are secretly OP as fuck. Want to do solo BS shenanigans with high tier implants? Put a ceptor that's nullified in there so if you lose the BS you can just instawarp and not lost your implants. Want to do combat sites or better yet, hunt down people doing combat sites in a BS? Put a scanning ship in the escape bay. Safe up, eject, scan them down, then reship into the BS and warp in. Is your BS missing armor with no active armor rep? Safe up, eject, then use a remote armor rep to repair.
>>
>>273332
huh, clever.
i just secretly assumed that you couldnt do it like that.
if someone cargo scans your battleship, can they see inside the cargo of the frigate in the Escape bay?

i guess the main thing would be just the slower travel time, but i guess the safety more than makes up for it.

also to expand upon this idea, the Magnate can carry the most cargo out of any frigate, like 1700m3 or so. it'd be perfect for the battleship trick
>>
>>273337
You can also use the magnate with expanded cargo holds, then fill it up with cap booster charges and/or ammo.
>>
>>273340
fuck
this changes everything
fucking based clever anon
how the fuck did I not think of this shit earlier?
>an extra 1500m3 for ammo, drugs, cap boosters, loot, MTU, Mobile Depot, scanning stuff etc)
fuck me
and they're buffing T1 battleships again soon too.

Question is, I have 2 domis, a tempest and a raven.
should I use one of those or just buy a typhoon?
>>
>>273341
>inb4 some nullfag says Rattlesnake
>>
>>273341
Typhoon. Torp fit.
>>
>Apoc hauls 7000m3
>Carries an extra 1500m3 in frigate escape bay that cant be scanned and technically cant be ganked

>BLOPS can carry 5000m3 plus the Frigate bay
>can easily be teleported stealthily across the universe
poor man's Jump Freighter here I come
>>
File: 1610618882062.jpg (38 KB, 450x495)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>273351
>>BLOPS can carry 5000m3 plus the Frigate bay
>>can easily be teleported stealthily across the universe
I didn't even think of that.
>>
>>273352
>Blops teleports deep into enemy territory
>3 fucking stealth bombers come out of it
>>
>>273352
i mean as cool as it sounds, at that point you could just buy a Blockade Runner for 1/5th the price, carry twice as much stuff, gain the ability to warp cloaked, warp 3x as fast, align in half the time while still being able to jump to a covert cyno.

actually now that I think about it, that's something I need to work on doing in-game.

definitely gunna be using the battleships for hauling valuable shit in highsec though.
>>
I don't even want a battleship buff, except the apoc I guess. they've had so many buffs. get to work nerfing all the ships I don't like instead
>>
>>273378
Most BSes have needed a buff for ages. They fucking suck, everything that's not a Marauder or pirate BS is shit, and BLOPs are super niche.
>>
>>273379
>marauder
>pirate bs
>blops
yeah nerfs for all of those would be sweet, and navy bs
>>
>>273380
>and navy bs
why? Navy BS are shit.
>>
>>273381
>pay extra money, receive +50% hp and much better align time
cheesy design. I know they're "shit", but that's only compared to other things I'd like to see nerfed
>>
>>273383
If you want objectively bad ships to be nerfed, that's just you being a hipster, not a commentary on balance.
>>
what did he mean by this
>>
>>273385
I already explained. rattlesnakes are insane. I think they should get massively shit on. navy bs should get shit on as well, just much less
the current state of eve is many stronger ships are not really cost inefficient: you pay a lot but get a lot. I think it is dull. faction ships like these should be for bad and/or rich players to piss their money away on, and should be a bit uncommon (navy bs currently are, but pirate bs are not). your faction variant gets you a utility highslot, better sensors, better align time and +50% hp? how about it either just gives you +20% hp or the utility slot instead?
>>
>>273394
Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>273397
I want to go back to t1 ships existing and being bread and butter, rather than le funny poorfag meme
>>
>>273409
So go play Echoes?
>>
>>273410
shit response
>>
>>273379
This kinda
Typhoon is secretly good but the rest are meh ever since ship ehp was nerfed across the board
>>
>>273379
But to mention Battleship hulls are 3x the price they used to while t3c's came down so much in price that you can buy two for the price of a Battleship
>>
>>273415
more like ever since years of power creep and capitals not getting fixed
>>
>>273380
Why nerf blops? They're already weaker than most cruisers
>>
>>273394
>Balanced Legion and Guristas ships are overpowered
>So nerf everything else instead
Hi, I didn't know CCP Fozzie hung out here
>>
>>273419
>nerf everything else instead
you cannot read
>>
I am mad. Mad about leshaks.
>before leshaks
Okay, I'll want some battleships for small fights, I'll get some fake bait rollers, an armageddon for suspect fights where I'll probably die because it's almost free to replace, maybe a typhoon because it goes fast, I want a vindi because it does so much damage, I'll think about buying it because it's expensive, a nestor because its low mass, reps and refits make it great to have one in the fight, oh, hyperions are also really strong and make for durable bait, I'd like a machariel but I don't have the SP, I'll get that when I train into it.
But wait, what if we fight in a shield hole, maybe a rattlesnake and rokh would be good to keep around.

>after leshaks
I'll just get a leshak and the corp will keep a couple of bhaals in the public hangars.
We never have to put a thought into our composition ever again.
>>
I started this game recently. Is there a fast way to warp somewhere safe in the middle of a fight? Idk how to add destination/ waypoont unless it's in quest text or something
>>
>>273441
Hold D and click a celestial in your overview.
>>
>>273421
wormholes = gay
>>
>>273443
Cheers mejt
>>
File: 1601899891917.png (158 KB, 200x200)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>Apocalypse
>400m
>>
File: 1605493106367.jpg (32 KB, 620x270)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>273480
>400mil
fuck man i miss when battleship hulls were 90mil tops
>>
>>273494
I miss when pirate battleships were 1b and utterly useless
>>
File: 1549571167086.jpg (15 KB, 184x184)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Armageddon Navy Issue
>>
https://zkillboard.com/kill/91697702/
>>
Started doing these abyssal runs, holy shit I'm making so much more money than mission running, and the cruiser plus fit cost the amount I spent on just the hull of my lvl 4 runner battleship. I'm just running tier 4's for now, is it worth it to spend the isk to jump up to tier 5's?
>>
File: 1613304082248.png (14 KB, 731x467)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>273952
pic related is a graph that shows earnings from your average Abyssal run at each tier and in each ship type.
the jump up to T5 will basically double your isk/hour if you're completing them at the same speed, but you'll likely need a very blingy fit to do so.
>>
I miss Broski Enterprises
>>
>>274071
Huh, guess I can give it a shot when I get enough saved up. The jump in fit price from tier 4 to 5 seems a bit steep to only double the isk being made.
>>
>>273952
>Holy shit im making more money than mission running
No shit, with the exception of sisters probes or NPC null implants, everything you can earn from mission running is best obtained from faction warfare or combat exploration
>>
>>274107
I guess I'm just dumb. Coming back to this game from 2014, this is the most isk per hour I've made solo ever.
>>
>>274191
Missions were shit isk even in 2014 unless you were doing L5's for a pirate faction with a carrier.
>>
>>274083
yeah thats why I just keep running T1 frig runs instead of doing T2s.
My fit can do T2s, but they take twice as long to clear and unless I'm 120% on top of my game I can fuck up and lose my ship.
So I stay on T1s cuz I clear each abyssal in 6min, they're risk free and no hope or chance of ever dying unless I literally fall asleep at the keyboard from drinking/smoking too much.
And I still make like 70mil/hour, in a frigate, in fukken highsec.
>>
>>274245
>>274191
>>274107
These days, the way to make money with missions is to use an army of alts to farm Burner missions (declining every other mission and only selecting burners) and then speedrunning the burners out in pirate faction parts of space.
Usually 150mil/hour.

You can tell you're in such an area when you see a random lowsec or nullsec NPC station with people constantly docking/undocking bling-fit pirate faction frigates.
>>
File: 1590107360221.jpg (33 KB, 600x600)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>T1 BS hulls pushing towards 500m
>Literally going to be more expensive than pirate BS at this rate
>>
>>274364
what's even making them expensive at this point?
cant be mineral prices, those peaked in like November then dropped afterwards.
cant be the war, battleships havent been in anyone's fleet doctrine for years.
no-one uses them for missions or for PVE.
>>
>>274379
CCP announced buffs for them a few days ago.
>>
>>274380
inb4 ccp's balance changes are retarded like always and everyone on leddit loves it
>>
>>274380
yeah but they were 300~350mil a pop before they announced anything
>>
>>274413
Inflation. The best moneymaker in the game is the Abyss and 50% of the profit is purely inflationary (triglavian survey databases which are sold to NPC buy orders).
Plex used to be 300m.
>>
>>274415
eh abyss isnt that bad though. usually by the time someone makes 1.2bil they get their 1.1bil ship blown up and have to buy a new one.
nullfags are the cause for most of the game's inflation. there was literally a 6~8 year period where every null alliance was duping reaction materials, to the point where it was so extensive for so long that CCP couldnt revert the damage done without literally destroying the entire game's economy.
as well as people literally dual-boxxing Supers to run anoms for 150mil/ticks
>>
>>274439
>usually by the time someone makes 1.2bil they get their 1.1bil ship blown up and have to buy a new one.
That has absolutely no bearing on what I said. When they buy that ship it simply transfers existing isk between players. If they make 600 million isk from trig surveys with it that's 600 million isk coming into the game from nowhere.
And that much is only about two to three hours grinding for one person.
>>
>Leshak has almost doubled in price because CCP announced a T1 BS rebalance

People can't actually think it's going to get buffed, can they? It's got to be the best T1 BS.
>>
>>274551
probably because of build cost changes as well brah
>>
I think they should leave the implant drops in the game permanently. maybe double the price of implants as well if that's a concern
>>
>diablo 2 thread has 60 new posts overnight
>eve thread has 3
you cunts need to talk more
>>
File: 1596896117662.png (109 KB, 298x332)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>diablo
>>
>>274834
>dead game is more active than us
>>
But eve is also a dead game.
>>
Does anyone know if you can actually "coop" the abyssal fragments with two destroyers? Most of what I've seen is people solo but with multiple characters in frigates or solo in cruisers. Is it just not worth it to do them with more than one person?
>>
>>275030
yeah of course.
you and a mate just jump in a pair of jackdaws and have some fun in T4s and eventually T5s once you have got some practice under your belt.
same with frigates. a mate and I get drunk as fuck and run duo as Retribution & Worm, cuz both ships cover each other's weaknesses pretty well.
>>
File: 1598595965958.jpg (115 KB, 415x694)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>CCP making Suez Canal jokes
>CCP adding a lowsec gate to Stain
>CCP harping on about how awesome Stain is and how everyone wants to go there
wat is their obsession with ShitStain?
>>
>>275070
Nice, sounds good. He tends to pilot stealth bombers, are those any use in Abyssals?
>>
>>275100
That post was an april fools joke anon.
>>
>>275192
>April Fool's
>on the 2nd of April
oh ok
>>
>>275229
It's almost like there are different time zones around the world and dates are sometimes not the same in different places.
>>
>>275113
they generally dont have enough tank, but they're used sometimes by triple-boxxers who use 2 blingy Retributions and a suicidal Stealth Bomber.
They use the Stealth Bomber to overheat and yeet down battleship rats while the retributions kill the smaller shit.
but at this point you're looking at each frigate being fit with at least 600mil each worth of modules and you lose the stealth bomber on 30% of runs.
but the isk/hour at that point is so ridiculous that you willingly and happily lose a 600mil frigate every 3 runs and dont give a shit.

I say for starting out, jump in a pair of Corax's and run Destroyer T2s or a pair of Hookbills and run Frigate T1s and then gradually build up from there. Once you get the hang of things, upgrade to Jackdaws (running T3s, then eventually T4s) or Worms (running T2s then eventually duoing T3s)
With Abyssals it's always advisable to gradually work your way up through Tiers as you get comfortable with new fits/ships and so you learn which targets to prioritize etc, just due to how random they are.

>>275234
Yeah I live in New Zealand so I always forget that the rest of the world is 20 hours late to everything, and that you fags still have the meme virus
>>
Why does the Sacrilege still only have 5 low slots? The ship is clearly designed to fit double rep, but if you double rep with an ADC you get only 2 damage mods and your tank is still shit anyway because you have fuck all EHP and everything just volleys through your armor.
Lucky it has that completely useless utility high for a small neut though!
>>
>>275238
because like Assault Frigates, HACs tread a fine line between being really overpowered in one patch and useless as tits on a bull in another patch.
CCP have never balanced either ship class properly because they're afraid of it being Ishtars Online again
>>
>>275359
>CCP have never balanced either ship class properly because they're afraid of it being Ishtars Online again
HACs aren't even overpowered, it's just that CCP have some weird phobia of making Battleships and BC's good while simultaneously trying to make Capitals good against HACs which makes them full retard against BS sized targets.
A lot of the problem is how old some of the systems are when it comes to combat. Like webs only having a 10-16km range by default. That's a relic from when most BS sized hulls couldn't project damage beyond 30km, and a fast frigate barely broke 2k m/s. I would honestly like to see CCP massively expand the engagement range of larger hulls, and add new, battleship sized scram/web/point modules with vastly higher range than their frigate equivalents.
Some Abyssal modules are kind of bucking this now. There's people floating around with 85km points, but they're prohibitively expensive for 99% of the playerbase, and they still only use frigate tier fitting which is dumb.
>>
>>275370
yeah you're exactly right,
part of the problem too is just the way the Fedora-tipping Autistic Aethiest Try-hard playerbase plays the game too.
People cant just chill and have fun with space battles
Everything's gotta be a big fukken deal, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>275373
Yeah the nofunallowed crowd suck ass, but the blame still lies on CCP for letting them dictate the terms of the game. Taking player feedback is one thing, but you have to be filtering out the "I want X because it's good for me" to find the "Y would be cool lets do that".
I'm actually kind of glad CCP got bought out by the gooks for that reason. CCP's biggest pitfall has always been its weak leadership, hopefully the gooks will crack the whip a bit. The Japanese localization was fantastic and long overdue, and that's absolutely something Pearl Abyss pushed for.
>>
>>272485
>What other role can a Legion refit to?
HAM platform, neut mobile
>What role can the Proteus fill *at all*?
Cheeky breeky hardbass sub hunter shenanigans.
>>
>>275378
>Taking player feedback is one thing, but you have to be filtering out the "I want X because it's good for me" to find the "Y would be cool lets do that".
this is why I hate the CSM.
90% of the time it's 90% filled with autistic no-fun-allowed nullfags, wormholebears and unironic highsec miners.
>>
>>275378
>The Japanese localization was fantastic and long overdue
yeah this, plus the Korean one.
Though the game always had a Japanese localisation, it was never marketed or officially "released" in Japan.
and when you think of autistic countries that love space ships and giant space battles, the first fucking country you think of is Japan.
>>
>>272485
>injecting SP to replace T3C SP loss
no offense, but opinion discarded.
T3C's arent weak because of their price point. They're cheap as chips now. 200mil to Tech 2 fit one these days, compared to literally 1bil for just the hull 5 years ago.

>Tengu
DED site runner. If you want to run 10/10s you still need a Tengu. You could probably do it in some other meme ship, but especially with the cheap price now everyone'll just default to a Tengu
>Proteus
eh, even when it was "good for wormholes/pvp" it was never really that good. Decloak and overheat blasters was really all it did, plus long range points.
>Loki
the long overlooked chad of the T3C line-up really. It was always good but usually just overshadowed by the "well I already have a Tengu tho" crowd.
I hear it's really strong now, but looks like it's more-so a case of the others got nerfed so Loki stayed as it was.
Fun ship though, used to fly a dual armor rep RLML loki to solo C4 sites.
>Legion
HAMs or Neuts. Used to be used sometimes just cuz you never had to worry about ammo, unlike Tengu pilots who'll blow thru 8000 missiles in a single site.

>if they're so OP why does no-one use them then?
they're not, they got nerfed into the ground. hard. over and over again until people just stopped flying them outside of using them as a cloaky ganker/explo/wormhole ship.

>why have they been replaced by Gilas and Rattles?
Alpha clones, is why.
Any dipshit with a 1 month old Alpha can jump in a Gila, run T4 Abyssals and make over 100mil/hour.
Need to be Omega to fly a T3C for a start, SP loss, way more skills to train, tighter fitting, needs more piloting skill etc etc etc.
Gila and Rattle are popular at the moment because Alphas can fly them and they're literally retard-drunk-stoned-semiafk-proof.
Even if something attacks your drones, Faction Vespas in a Gila have more tank than the fucking Gila itself does.
>>
>>272498
>No you won't
before T3Cs were nerfed, fucking every Alliance worth a damn had at least a Tengu, Loki or Legion fleet in their doctrine.
>>
>>275406
>eh, even when it was "good for wormholes/pvp" it was never really that good.
Bruh. The reason why the proteus is currently a cripple is because it was thrown off it's throne early.
>>
>>275406
>no offense, but opinion discarded.
>Opinion discard
>Let me just write out all these examples of me agreeing with everything you posted

Kinda hard to get where you're coming from anon. The person you're responding to was saying T3C's aren't OP, which you evidently agree with. They're not bad, but they're definitely not OP.

>>275410
Did they ever really use them though? Arty Lokis were the meme for a while but they went away quick and Muninns took their place. I remember one null alliance ran Tengus for a while but that went away with the Heavy Missile nerfs and also got dabbed on pretty hard. I don't remember anyone outside of Wormholes using Legions extensively, and I don't know of anyone who used Proteus at all for anything except cloaky shit, and even that went away when they got nerfed.
>>
>>275406
>>275410
>>275414
yeah sorry, got distracted for a bit.
where I was going with this, replying to old posts was......

The problem with people arguing over the Gila this, T3Cs that, fucking faggots in Worms etc etc is that it ultimately leads CCP to completely forgetting about all the actually REALLY bad ships in the game.

And I dont mean ships that fell out of favour like the Rifter or ships that are bad due to poor design choices like the 2-midslot ships the Amarr have.

I mean the REALLY bad ones, like the Caracal Navy Issue, Exeq NI and so on.
Like when was the last time you saw a cunt in a fucking Scorpion?
>>
>>275421
>Caracal Navy Issue
>slower than the Caracal
>less tank than the Caracal
>less fitting than the Caracal
>useless Explosion Velocity bonus
>like 10x the price
>>
>>275421
Scorpion isn't intended to be use en masse though, it's an ECM ship. Now, you could absolutely argue that it should be redesigned because nobody wants an ECM battleship, but that's not the Scorpion being bad itself, it's the Scorpion's intended role being bad regardless of the effectiveness of the ship in filling it. But then what else would you make the hull do? There's already a Hybrid and a Missile Caldari BS, they don't need another.
On the other hand, a Torp Scorp NI is actually hilariously strong in the right scenarios. 120k+ EHP and a 10k volley before resist. Applies damage well to Cruisers and above. SNI isn't a bad ship, but its role simply isn't very common.

Point being, I don't think every ship has to have a fleet doctrine formed around it. SNI absolutely dabbing on lowsec gate camps is a perfectly valid role, even if it is niche. Regular scorp being a dumb ECM meme is, well it is what it is. If CCP wants to make it a more dedicated support ship, they could add a remote rep bonus to it to make it a weird shield nestor with ECM or something I guess.
>>
File: 1601431639652.jpg (36 KB, 311x619)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>275434
>Point being, I don't think every ship has to have a fleet doctrine formed around it.
yeah you're right, and it's not what I'm getting at.
but i just think all this dickflinging and nullbears arguing over whatever meme ship of the month is 2% more efficient or powerful than another is pointless when at least 20% of the entire ship line-up is straight up unused, useless, obsolete or does it's intended role so badly that other ships just do it instead.

Scorp was a bad example, but at the same time a kind of good one.
Yeah ECM is kind of dicks now, not to mention like you said, no-one wants an ECM battleship.
But what if they repurposed it into something else?
Until then, no-one's gunna fly it.
I'm not trying to be an ideas guy but it just sucks seeing the killboards, local and d-scan being the same half a dozen ships over and over again.

I mean here's the top ships currently.

>Scorp navy issue
interesting, literally never thought about the SNI and interesting to hear it's a nice Torp boat.
>maybe turn it into a Shield Nestor or something
I'd be down with that.
>>
>>275440
>I'm not trying to be an ideas guy but it just sucks seeing the killboards, local and d-scan being the same half a dozen ships over and over again.
I get this and I agree, the Abyss has the same problem in that there's only really 4-5 ships even worth considering. But at the same time you really can't do that much with T1 hulls because T2 resists are so damn important for basically anything.
When you have 0% resist vs a damage type and gain 1% more resist against it, you're decreasing incoming damage by 1%. When you have 90% resist and gain 1% more, you decrease incoming damage by 10%. The more of any type of resist you have, the better more resistance gets. The abysmal resist profiles of tech 1 ships makes them bad, regardless of every other consideration. The most popular Faction ships are the ones with resist bonuses, followed by the ones that are fast enough to just not take damage. Meanwhile the "tanky" Faction ships (the Navy BC's for example) are generally shit because they just don't have the resist profile of a t2 variant.

Absolutely would live to see some of the worse HACs get changes though. Most of them could be fixed just by giving them better slot layouts.
>>
>>275454
honestly, the removal of the 50% mwd sig radius on hac's should've been only applied to hulls without the active tank buff
like let the pro mlg snaked 2bil vagabond pilots have their fun, while the fatty zealot fleets are nerfed
faction cruisers doctrine soon™?
>>
>>275440
>ECM
ecm is still overpowered, even though you don't see it much. there are situations where it absolutely no-fun / skullfucks the opposition like it used to. I'd say it adds nothing of value to the game, and it would be much better to transform it into something completely new that would improve the game - namely something sort of like tracking disruptors but for remote reps and remote assist mods
>>
>>275454
you have it completely backwards anon. ships with high base resists like HACs are strong, but they are bad for the game because they shut out all the normal ships, and they can often fit unbreakable active tanks - unbreakable by 1 equivalent size ship, that is. it is very low quality gameplay for all involved, and the best way to open up vast numbers of "new" ships would be to take big heavy shits on this stuff
>>
>>275454
>But at the same time you really can't do that much with T1 hulls because T2 resists are so damn important for basically anything.
to be honest, i dont get why the T2 resists arent just applied to each race/faction of ships across the whole board.
make things more interesting than
>DURR SHIELD TANK USE EM
>HURR ARMOR TANK USE EXPLOSIVE
or if your tanking
>FFFJPTPTPFTTT FILL EM RESIST HOLE
>PPPPFFPPFFFTFTFFFFTT FILL EXPLOSIVE RESIST HOLE
>>
File: 1615420843740.jpg (220 KB, 900x1415)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>275540
eh i havent flown ECM in a few years but from what i understand now if you jam someone they can just kill you anyway
and ECM being the primary in every engagement, just means you die even faster.
I wish Weapon Disruption just applied to all weapons instead of having to predict turrets or missiles, with drones being immune.
why not just have the one module disrupt turrets AND missiles and apply penalties to drones as well.
slap in a 3rd set of scripts that reduce drone bandwidth or drone control range.

t.Crucifier is my favourite ship bros and it hurts to always hear "jump in a Maulus" instead
>>
>>275589
>make things more interesting than
>>DURR SHIELD TANK USE EM
>>HURR ARMOR TANK USE EXPLOSIVE
this is just you outing yourself as a low tier player. you mention filling resist holes. it's very often vs t1 ships that while shield tanked, they are weakest vs thermal, or when armour tanked they are weakest vs kinetic or thermal. and then there are fleet engagements, where you are choosing ammo to shoot many different ships. or maybe you're flying a ship that isn't just an omni damage missile retard ship
> i dont get why the T2 resists arent just applied to each race/faction of ships across the whole board
do you want all active tanks and logi effectiveness doubling over night? maybe don't answer that, you retards always disappoint me
>>
>>275591
get good. yes, the target can 'just' shoot the ecm ship. what if the ecm ship is 80km away? all ECM ships are caldari cancer with 6 million km lock range and jam range bonuses all over. my face when my brawling ship gets. short range and slow ships have not quite been deleted from the game yet, they still just about exist
>I wish Weapon Disruption just applied to all weapons
weapon disruption is currently really good and nice, and you want to turn it into retarded 'push button win fight' faggotry like ECM
>it hurts to always hear "jump in a Maulus" instead
you need to start disobeying your FCs and giving them the ships they need, rather than the ships they ask for
>>
>>275595
yeah thats what i meant though
it just becomes retarded low-tier 4d chess going
"hmm they'll pump EM so I should go thermal"
"hmm they'll think i've pumped EM so I should tank thermal"
"hmm they think I'll go for thermal so I'll go kinetic"
because every fucking ship
every fucking shield tank or armor tank
every

but again this is the same company that took literally 15 years to add a Loot All button.
the same company that's been aware of the Audio gate ambience bug for months now but still hasnt taken the fukken 5 minutes to fix it.
yet instead will gladly take the time to make fake shitposts about connecting Stain to lowsec.
>>
>>275596
>weapon disruption is currently really good and nice
not what i've heard.
current mentality is "all ewar is useless except Dampening which is OP so you should use it always, even in unbonused ships"
>>
>Be me
>Spend all my money on silly shit
>Constantly broke

I literally only have 13m isk left. I can't even afford to put the shit I have in my item hanger on the market. I have a billion isk in ships and about 2 billion in random crap sitting in this station and I don't want to sell it because I'm sick of getting jewed by the market transaction fees.
>>
>>275605
stop listening to idiots then
>>
>>275602
>it just becomes retarded low-tier 4d chess going
>"hmm they'll pump EM so I should go thermal"
how is that low tier? you're trying to predict how the enemy is fit. quickly trying to decide when you should load an off-bonus damage type on a vigil fleet issue or osprey navy issue isn't trivial. if you want proper low tier combat, all ships having ultra high resists would definitely be it
>>
Say I bait out a cloaky loki with a Gila doing some random krabby shit, what is the best ship to have my alt in specifically to fuck them in the ass with?
>>
File: 1593739622858.jpg (138 KB, 640x632)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>Jeela
>>
File: 1594898570362.jpg (62 KB, 720x703)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
My corp's doctrine is alpha caracals
>>
File: 1609869991646.jpg (28 KB, 292x330)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>Not Bellicose
>>
>crabbing
Is this a Hot New streamer term that zoomers are picking up?
I've played for 10 years and only ever heard it called "ratting"
>>
Is there any logic to how aggro works? Half the time I try and use drones they just get shot down from a random ship in the pack that's shooting me suddenly shifting targets and webs down my drones and blasts one to bits before I can recall them.
>>
>>276137
there used to be but now shit attacks drones seemingly at random.
i've been sort of getting around the problem by using caldari faction drones on ships with bonuses to drone HP.
usually end up with your drones having more tank than you do, so gives them plenty of shields to make it back to your ship without dying.
>>
>>276111
There's nothing new about it, it's been a term in eve since before I started playing and my character is from 2008.
>>
File: 1603439431236.jpg (75 KB, 482x427)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I lost my ship in the Abyss then realized I was in my good clone.
>>
>>276137
they are not totally consistent. you can tick the focus fire box and they will still sometimes not do it. they're generally a lot smarter vs NPCs than players though
>>
File: 1611808726548.png (10 KB, 289x90)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
How is this ship allowed to exist?
>>
>>276582
what is it
>>
>>276615
A Gila.
>>
>>276582
>cruiser with more hit points than a battleship
epic
>>
>>276111
I've played since 2006 and I only heard it called that when I moved to null in 2012
>>
>>275872
>alpha
>on anything that doesn't apply shit tons of damage application instantly
Please tell these retards to reconsider. I remember being in some renting alliance because that's just where my corp happened to be and those niggers ran around with nothing but rapid light caracals. They'd basically burn up their missiles in 30s and then die. God the Caracal is dog shit.
>>
>>275596
>weapon disruption is currently really good and nice
It would be if they'd stop being faggots and make it into one type of module.
>>
File: 1601168965487.jpg (133 KB, 788x524)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>NApoc closing in on 1b in Jita
>Tech 1 BS hulls all pushing 500m
>Marauders haven't budged

Oh boy I can't wait to buy the dip when the patch comes out and all these retards realize Battleships aren't actually significantly more expensive to produce so all the BS they've stockpiled aren't going to increase in value so they end up trying to dump them causing the market to crash then correct.
>>
>>276641
I'm pretty sure he meant alpha as in alpha clone.
>>
>>275324
This is why I've always steered clear of the sacrilege. You either choose to eat shit by lacking resists because of damage mods or you have a decent tank and the dps of a vengeance.
>>
>>276646
That makes no sense in the context of doctrines. An 'alpha fleet' is not a fleet composed of alpha accounts. It's a fleet that is meant to apply high amounts of damage instantly onto targets to 'alpha' them off the field.
>>
>>276643
Imagine these retards thinking t1 battleshits are worth 500 million. I wouldn't even buy them if they were 150m.
>>
>>276648
It has good resists even without resist mods because of the bonus (except for the Thermal hole), the problem is it has negative EHP. an 800mm plate literally doubles your armor EHP in the Sac, and since armor reps take forever to cycle, you can just straight up eat shit between cycles even with a double rep. And since you have so little buffer, if you end up taking more damage than you can rep, you either get off the field ASAP or pop, whereas a ship with more buffer could potentially last long enough to remove some of the DPS hitting you even if they're bleeding tank slowly.

The Sac needs -1 High +1 low and +700 armor HP.
>>
File: alas.png (161 KB, 1920x1040)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>276653
what if...
>>
>>276642
no, what I said is true. it would become a brainlet module like ecm
>>
>>275324
5 lowslots is plenty
>clearly designed to fit double rep
no it's not. it doesn't even have a rep amount bonus
>>
>>276670
>basically 700 dps cold on a beefy cruiser
what's the problem again?
>>
File: 1607339334215.jpg (23 KB, 288x499)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>Raw HP
>>
>>276683
30.7k EHP
>>
>>276680
faggot zoomers I guess, thinking T3C dps, gila/deimos tank and rapier webs are normal, and anything less is bad
>>
File: 1600841215092.png (796 KB, 1239x617)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>276680
That's using Rage missiles, so they aren't going to apply to moving Cruiser with that fit, you'd have to drop the cap injector for a second web or a Missile Guidance Computer. Pic related is what I've tried to use in the Abyss (it really needs a faction web desu), and it's extremely dicey even in T4's. Karen can just straight up alpha you into hull if you get unlucky. If It had another low I'd fit a plate and it would be a lot less scary to fly.
>>
>>276690
This is a PVP fit. Average cruiser will use an MWD in PVP. If you land scram web they're not going any faster than you are. They'll be going like 100m/s. The explosion velocity on rage is 130 m/s and the explosion radius is 161m. If I switched to a Rigor Catalyst II rig it'd have no issues applying to cruisers with rage.
>>
these fits are all terrible. and generally speaking, if you primarily do pve, then your ideas for ship balance are all wrong
>>
>>276724
Okay. You make a PVP sacrilege work.
>>
>>276726
are you unironically claiming that this is not something that has happened before
>>
>>276727
Go make a PVP fit for a Sacrilege.
>>
>>276728
for what
>>
>>276729
Are you saying this fit is terrible? >>276670
>>
>>276730
well I can't see the actual stats of the fits since it's set to raw hit points, but yes it looks a bit bad to me
>>
>>270986
CCP should introduce features that make the game playable and not a boring grind for angsty iceland fags who are pissed they dont live in a real country
>>
>>276720
>This is a PVP fit
It doesn't count as a PvP fit if it's got literally no answer to an Orthrus or a Vagabond with a mutated point kiting you at 30km. Can't catch them, can't hit them with short range ammo, doesn't do enough DPS with long range ammo to kill them.
To put it in perspective, that fit with Caldari Navy missiles does less DPS than a beam Retribution with Conflag. Your drones are nearly 50% of your damage.

If you're talking about a gang scenario, then you're better off with a Navy Osprey, which does more DPS with missiles, while having more EHP, easier fitting, two utility highs instead of one, and can fit a Rigor. AND it's got 6km more range on Rage missiles so it can actually hit a Vagabond unless they've spent a retarded amount on an Abyssal point. It's also only 140m instead of 500m.
>>
>>276734
I think they should just make changes that piss off ratters, miners and reddit alliances. anything that upsets those guys is pretty much the right thing to do
>>
>>276735
>It doesn't count as a PvP fit if it's got literally no answer to an Orthrus or a Vagabond with a mutated point kiting you at 30km
this is some retarded shit even for /dog/
>>
>>276735
I'm not saying that fit I responded to is a PVP fit. It's clearly geared towards doing abyssals. I was referring to an earlier fit posted. I don't know what you want out of the ship. Based on speed alone it can clearly only do brawling well.
>>
>>276744
>I was referring to an earlier fit posted.
So was I.

>I don't know what you want out of the ship
To be good at its intended role (which is a heavy duty brawler). Nosprey hasn't got the chunky cap the Sac has, but you can ASB it, or you can buffer tank it and it will have nearly as much EHP as a buffer Deimos. Nosprey is a shield tanked ship but it's only got one less low slot than the Sac while having six mids and a third rig slot which lets you fit either a rigor or more tank.
I've honestly never compared these two ships before now, and I'm actually surprised how good the nosprey is. The hull is only 85M and it can straight up compete with the brawling HACs both in terms of tank and DPS, and it gets two neuts to boot with no fitting rigs or implants.

I'm firmly placing the Nosprey in the same basket as the Vigil Fleet issue - Massively underrated.
>>
>>276750
How confident are you that a Nosprey would win against a Sacrilege in a brawl? Cause I'm pretty fucking sure a Nosprey is eating shit to an Orthrus or Vagabond no matter what way you slice it.
>>
>>276750
I'm actually super curious how you're managing to compete with buffer HACs or having an effective ASB tank with decent EHP and ewar to boot. Post a fit.
>>
File: 1616306974243.png (673 KB, 1276x590)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
>>276751
Pretty much 100% since it has a range bonus and the sac doesn't, does more damage, has similar tank, and is significantly faster than the Sac (260m/s base compared to the Sac's 200). More to the point, you can buy three Nospreys for the price of a single Sac, and at worst it has equal performance even if it isn't strictly better.

>>276753
This is just what I came up with using the in-game fitting tool. Fleet LSE's are super cheap (about 20m) and the entire thing comes in under 200m. Surprisingly good resist profile. Alternatively you can swap one of the Shield Extenders for an LASB, but that requires a CPU rig and downgrading the med neut to a small neut.
I'm sure someone will find something to quibble about, but for a <200m ship fully fit I'd say that's pretty damn effective. And for bonus points you can drop the entire thing down to ~120m by downgrading the Field extender rig tto T1 and the LSE's to T2 if you want to be super cheap.
>>
rapids exist and are overpowered
lasbs are bad
xlasbs are strong
>>
File: the_cartel_eats_his_mach.png (1.93 MB, 1169x1654)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
a message to all members of the machariel cartel, im onto you. The truth shall not be hidden from your lackeys,
>>
File: 1590294603556.png (156 KB, 961x440)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
what did ccp mean by this
>>
Holy shit, there's so much arbitrage opportunity even in fucking Jita, I'd always thought station trading was a meme cause enough people working it made it an efficient market but there are 50% profit holes that just never close, there's a lot of fucking ISK in this shit
>>
>>276784
the removal of margin trading kinda fucked a lot of the people who would flip stuff, so a lot of holes showed up.

this is why you see more elaborate schemes like the one snuff and rc are doing lately with the machs

>>276781
does anyone even use apoc navies anymore? dont think i've seen one for years. A lot of the navy bs actually
>>
>>276788
>does anyone even use apoc navies anymore?
No, which is why everyone is hoarding them now that CCP has announced BS reworks.
>>
>>276789
oh they announced proper hull reworks? i thought it was just build costs and shit, good to know
>>
>BS rework
I want the apoc to still be kind of hipster rather than brainlet tier good
>>276790
don't get your hopes up
>>
>>276763
>since it has a range bonus and the sac doesn't
But that's not true. They both have 10% missile velocity bonuses.
>>
>>276811
Ah, my HAC is only IV. Man, Hams are fucking useless without range bonuses. What's their base range? 15km?
>>
>Hams are fucking useless without range bonuses
it's gross how everyone in eve expects everything to be 50km range minimum these days
>>
>>276814
I believe a single rep + RAH + ADC + 2x BCU sacrilege would win against a Nosprey in a brawl. It would take approximately 31 volleys for me to kill that Nosprey. It would take you approximately 25-26 to kill the Sacrilege. Difference is, I'm active tanking, have a 10s ADC window, and have stronger resists across the board.
>>
>>276816
well that's because most things people will bring against you have this range
>>
>>276820
yes, those things should be fixed. the poor understanding of how range works on missiles is also quite frustrating to watch
>>
>>276818
That's fair enough. But at the same time, that's a close fight against a ship that is vastly cheaper, you could lose two or three of the Nosprey for one of the sac. It's hardly a glowing recommendation of the Sac.

>>276820
Ignore him, it's the same idiot who has whined about literally everything in the game being OP the last few threads.
>>
>>276818
well yeah but you can outrange the sac's hams easily in the nosprey, its gonna depend on how they're both fit ofc at the end of the day but assuming both mwd or both ab the nosprey can just kite at the end of the ham range
>>
>>276822
Honestly it's no secret that HACs are dog shit in price to performance. Look at the Zealot, Cerberus and Ishtar in particular
>Oh, you don't want to use sentry drones? Guess you don't have HAC bonuses!
>>
>>276826
Both scrambled and webbed dude. They have 30km missile flight range with faction missiles 26km with rages. If both are crawling at like 100-130m/s in scram/web range how do you imagine they'll be 'kiting at the end of ham range'.
>>
>>276750
>buffer deimos
>on a ship with armor rep bonuses
why
>>
>>276827
>Look at the Zealot, Cerberus and Ishtar in particular
Zealot and Ishtar specifically got hit with the nerf bat hard though, and the Cerb is just a Shield Sac, and by that I mean it's always kinda sucked. The Muninn is good, Vaga is good, Zealot is actually pretty decent still. I don't even remember what the other Caldari HAC is honestly, but the Rook is a surprisingly decent HAM boat with a bonus in that it doesn't show on D-scan.
Also the Broadsword is massively underrated as well.
>>
Please send help I bought a Nestor what do I do with it
>>
>>276838
Put your alt in it and duo C5 sites with a Marauder.
>>
>>276840
I don't have an alt fuck
>>
>>276834
The zealots only good within a gang. You can't solo with it. You explicitly need a gang screening tackle for you.
>>
>>276834
When did they nerf the zealot?
>>
>>276845
When they nerfed all the HACs and removed the MWD signature bonus.
>>
>>276846
I wish they'd just give it the afterburner bonus again. That was great.
>>
>>276830
fair enough. not sure why a nosprey would brawl a sac or how the sac would catch it. But yeah the cost benefit is still pretty lopsided
>>
>>276848
yeah the removal of the mwd bonus was pretty infuriating, its almost a necessity to stay on grid with all the lr pressure. If they wanted to nerf them in nullsec blobs which obviously was the case just fucking remove adc, that shit module is absolute trash for the game. But now its the main characteristic of the hac line instead of the sig bonus.

Outside of ab ls brawling and pussy non-committal cerbs what even is the point of hacs anymore
>>
>>276852
desu what good is mwd sig if your top speed sucks dick anyway. I'm nearly sure there was a bonus for AB speed for a short period.
>>
>>276834
I can't imagine how a zealot is decent, its already slow as fuck and now without the sig bonus... sure it does quite a good amount of dmg and projection but for the price i'd rather bring an oracle now.
the vaga got gutted with the sig change, that's what kept you alive since u need to actually hold grid close. Never really tried an ishtar before or after tho, gotta get on that eventually
>>
File: 1593579532761.png (57 KB, 581x525)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>they're actually complaining that the ishtar isn't strong enough
>>
>>276852
>what even is the point of hacs
there was never a point exactly. they're just more expensive cruisers that get more tank more cap more dps more range. they've not been great for the game, but ccp seem unwilling to rectify their mistakes

>>276848
afterburner bonuses are cancer
>>
>>276781
Obviously wormhole income seems so shit someone from there has to complain about it.
>>
>>276651
Literally just sold a pair of my old dominixes for 400m each, not counting fittings
>>
>>276742
This guy is the only correct person in this thread.
Anything that makes carebears and null fags cry is usually the right choice
>>
>>276788
>Napocs
Not right now, but I'm going people are hoarding then leading up to Battleship buffs.
Napoc has the most EHP of any subcap doesn't it?
>>
>>276816
Mostly cuz PvP in Eve favours the person who can dictate range.
If you go fast and have good range you win, usually
>>
>>276834
Isn't the Rook a railgun sniper boat?
Or 30km blasters
>>
>>276834
Broadsword is my shipfu.
>>
>>276871
It's cuz it's been nerfed constantly for like 8 years now, after being the go-to ship to do absolutely everything
>>
>>277044
which is why this stuff should be brought under control, rather than them putting range bonuses on everything
>>
>>276646
I meant instantaneous damage. Alpha damage. I could have worded it better

>>276641
What would you recommend?
>>
>>277051
at any time of the day there are thousands of ishtars out krabbing. a full drone rework is sorely needed to make drones a proper weapon system, and then ships like the ishtar and gila can be made sensible. with the current way drones work there's just no way to do it
>>
>>277046
rokh is hybrid turrets and big tonk. rook is ecm faggot, missiles and cancerous immunity to d-scan
>>
>>277116
Ah I'm getting mixed up now, which one is the railgun HAC? Eagle?
>>
>>277118
that's right
>>
Just lost 3 cruisers in a row in T4 abyssals after a 20 run streak, feels bad
>>
>>277103
I think they should do away with flights of drones and just make them one drone. It'd be really helpful for server stability too. As for ships with dronebays that are like 10m3 or 20 m3. Touch them up, or rebalance them in other ways and ditch the bay. The zealot did not need a dronebay. It needed one more med slot and one less low slot.
>>
>>277028
I remember buying those for 45 million.
>>
>>276871
The problem is drones not the hull itself.
>>
>>277134
small drone bays are fun, sort of like utility highs. every pleb faggot f1 blobber obviously just wants highslot # = weapon hardpoint #, but that's boring and shit

drones though need about 100 changes to make them proper
>>
>>277095
Unironically rail cormorants. Their damage application is amazing and you melt things given enough numbers. And to boot they're very affordable/easy to get into.
>>
>>277103
Just cause bots find it convenient to have a damage platform that has all 4 damage types available and isn't susceptible to ewar from NPCs so they can bot wherever the fuck they like doesn't mean the Ishtar is fine. I'm not saying turn it into the go to blob warfare ship again. Just make it a fun brawler. Cause right now it's just a shitty unflexible VNI that costs 3x more.
>>
>>277140
Utility highslots would be fun if they actually offered anything substantial most of the time.
>Oh boy I can fit a small energy neutralizer on my kiting ship!
>>
>>277149
if your ship has absolutely everything the players want with regards to fitting, slots, bonuses, hardpoints, mobility, etc., it is probably a bad design
>>
>>277146
>Just make it a fun brawler
hacs are nearly all range cancer, and it sounds like you're asking for basically a VNI
>>
>>277149
All minmatar ships used to have 2 utility highs, but CCP was convinced that it's what made minmatar overpowered, so they removed nearly all of them (except cyclone and Tempest)
Used to be nice to have 2 neuts, cloak and probe launcher, tractor and salvager etc.
>>
>>277159
it's complicated. the minmatar theme I think was supposed to be LODS A GUNS, many weapons on everything, but yeah instead they became cap warfare on everything because cap warfare is generally better. I think the original idea could happen if they got a hold on the amount of cap ships can conjure up through batteries and boosters, because right now it's mental in some cases
>>
>>277161
Well back in those days too you could fit two 1600mm plates on a cane and it'd still go 2km/sec while shitting out DPS. Neuts or RLMLs were just the cherry on top.
But yeah you're right, something had to be done
>>
>>277149
>epic I can fit a salvager i that i have to keep offline on my slicer
>>
>>277156
Mobile range cancer. Sentry drone do not facilitate that in a solo nor small gang role.
>>
>>277169
sentry drones were a mistake
>>
>>277161
>they became cap warfare on everything because cap warfare is generally better
This tends to happen when all of your weapon systems cost 0 cap to use. You get to use that cap for other means. Like fucking over your enemy's cap when you're sitting on their face.
>>
File: 1588016003031.png (162 KB, 800x600)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>277172
tfw typhoon-chan will never sit on your face
>>
>>277175
delete this............
>>
File: suicideispainless.gif (1.86 MB, 480x270)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
lost 1.2bil in the past 24 hours, maybe this is a sign to stop playing
>>
>>277270
Everyone should stop giving iceland's sole income stream money so the volcano island goblins die of starvation.
>>
>>277336
You're right, I should buy more PLEX!
>>
>>277270
whats the point of playing if you're not gunna lose ships?
also ship losses make for the best corp in-jokes.
cunt i know fell asleep and lost a jump freighter like 8 years ago and we still give him shit for it, lmao
>>
>>277421
It's just the most I've lost in a string of unfortunate events. Also it's hard to make in corp jokes when you're a solo player.
>>
>>276690
Love the appearance of that ship, reminds me of a Romulan D'deridex class Warbird. Thinking about resubbing to this game again.
>>
>tfw best time playing EVE was on the test server self-destructing insured freighters so I could afford to upgrade to caps and eventually fly around a titan
>>
Finishing up my final racial cruiser skill and HAC V soon. What to train next? It's between Edecom ships, Triglavian ships, or Marauders. I can fly every other subcap combat ship except Logi (which I have an alt for).
>>
>>277544
go for trigs, since less likely to get blobbed if you get seen by anyone
>>
>>277544
edencom ships are not very good
>>
>>277544
trigs 100%, they're pretty disgusting, and t1 cheap to boot(while being as powerful as faction at least), especially if you enjoy roaming solo or in a small group in battleships, leshak is fucking insane for the price. vedmak is also super imba for kitey small gang stuff for the price, doubly so now that hacs got fucking shat on in that role with the sig bonus nerf.
>>
>>277713
the sig bonus was stupid and also gay. hacs could still do with a cap nerf
>>
>>277717
HACs are fine, BC's and BS are just shit and need to be buffed.
>>
File: 1605525175615.jpg (128 KB, 948x958)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>everyone's jizzing themselves over the Rattlesnake right now
>it's only does same dmg as a Typhoon, except it's slower and tankier
meh, i'd rather go fast.
i can see why it's popular though. slap on a strong passive tank and you only have 2 buttons to press.
>>
>>277719
>what is power creep
>>
>>278025
>same dmg as a typhoon
are you comparing a curator / cruise rattle to a full gank rage torp typhoon or something
>>
File: 1604847402569.jpg (39 KB, 939x833)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>278058
nah comparing the same fit to each other, essentially.
i get 1.2k dps out of a 'phoon easily, while going sanic speeds.
>>
does it really matter which faction i start out as?
caldari missile boats seem fun but so do aggressive minmatar gunships
>>
>>278144
>does it really matter which faction i start out as?
no
>>
>>278144
nah
all it affects is how your character looks, really.
the skills it starts you with are negligable, like 2 hours of training tops.
other than that, it dictates where in space you start out, which again is a nothingburger cuz you can just jump fly to one of the other 3 factions' starting areas in a few minutes if you wanted to.

Minmatar lets you make some cool asian or black characters.
Caldari lets you make some great cold, corporate killer-looking types
Amarr lets you make some great bald dudes as well as has a lot of religious dark cloaked figure kind of aesthetic.
>>
>>278189
A-and gallente?
>>
>>278450
never made a gallente character yet, so i cant make any broad generalisations
>>
File: 1599248574016.jpg (161 KB, 1024x975)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>Geralt: me
>The other two: Side effects of the 50m booster I just used
>>
standard boosters a best. feels silly that they're buffing up the noob boosters though
>>
File: dd6ad49.jpg (273 KB, 2048x2048)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
Bitchin' classic crucifier.
>>
>>278600
Looks like one of those robots from the star wars prequels.
>>
How does one use a Stratios? Is it basically just a bigger Astero so fit it for Exploration or do I now use it to run those sites I keep finding in wormholes?
>>
>>278636
either, both, or pvp. you should find things you want to do, then get ships that do it, rather than getting a ship and looking for something it can do
>>
>>278636
well what do you want to do with the stratios? shield tank with neuts on the highs and dda's is(or at least was) a good one for hunting and ganking ppl
>>
>>278636
It's basically an all-in-one exploration ships. It can do Mid tier DED sites, it can do data and relic sites, it's cloaky, it's scanny, it's a bit tanky with a bit of DPS.
It's not the BEST for any of them and I doubt you can easily do 10/10's for example, but it can do lower ones.
It can do C3 sites I'd imagine but for those you're better off just using a Gila. Gila is the same thing except with more tank and it's only 160m.
>>
>>278652
I really like the look of the ship and it's the next tier up in the SOE ship tree so I bought one.
>>278657
>>278658
I want to go diving into wormholes for a few hours and actually be able to do those sleeper sites I keep finding. I managed to survive one in an Astero by just burning away from the site until the drones were 200km away from it then warped back. Did the hacking then fled back out the exit wormhole. I just think I need a bigger tougher exploration ship and the Stratios looked like it could work.
>>
>>278669
>I managed to survive one in an Astero
Ah, I see. The thing about the Data and Relic sites in C3+ wormholes is that they're combat sites that are *harder* than the combat anomalies. In K-space, a site you have to scan down is substantially safer than an anomaly because you can just watch for probes on your d-scan, and if nobody is scanning you're safe (unless someone scanned it down, bookmarked it, then waited for someone else to run it which is very rare).
In Wormholes CCP wanted it to be more dangerous, so the Data and Relic sites are hard as fuck compared to the anoms to push people into the more dangerous anomalies that don't need to be scanned down.

Data and relic sites in C1 and C2 WH have no hostile NPC's though.
>>
>>278600
i miss some of the old designs like this one.
>>
>>277428
>solo player.
DEFINITELY stop playing
>>
>>277428
being really honest here, even as an experienced solo player with a lot of motivation, you'll find it hard to really "play" the game for more than a couple of months.
do yourself a favour and join a corp.
80% of the fun in this game is drinking beers on comms with your bros.
>>
>>279032
I know but I haven't been able to be in a corp for more than a couple days before leaving, usually abandoning hundreds of millions of assets that I couldn't take with me. I just don't feel like I belonged in any of them. I'm also the type of person who gets dragged to a party then stands in the corner not talking to anyone though so I'm probably just a reject in general.
>>
>>278677
Any recommendations for a fitting a Strat to do long exploration sessions in wormholes?
>>
>>279139
dont
you're only gunna go until your cargo is full (which will happen after like 3 or 4 good sites) and then need to go back to highsec to sell shit anyway
focus instead on getting in and out in 10min like a SWAT team.
every minute you linger is an extra minute someone can blow up all your loot.
run a site, drop off the shit somewhere, run a site, drop off the shit somewhere, repeat.
then later on go around and pick up the good shit to sell.
>>
>>279035
>is an anti-social awkward autist for no reason
>decides to play the most social MMO
why do you retards do this to yourselves?
you cunts already ruined games like WoW.
>>
>>279313
>>279139
oh as far as actual fit goes.
>cloak & probe launcher in highs, maybe salvager II in case you find a good wreck (like tech2 or tech3 ship wrecks)
>mwd, cargo scanner, data, relic, module to boost scanning in mids
>fill lows with damage control and nanos, maybe some tank if you want but no point really
>rigs go for hacking or salvaging
>>
Does anyone have an idea when the next SiSi mirror is? My account was inactive using an old password I forgot at the time so I can't log in currently. I want to test abyss fits.
>>
>>279314
>ruined games like WoW
wow was irredeemable shit from the start
>>
>>279361
WOW was ironically the best and worst thing to happen to its subgenre of MMOs, sadly all the good things got gutted from the game in favor of more instanced repetitive chink grinding shit.
>>
>>279361
i didnt play it, but had a lot of friends that did.
very early WoW was actually pretty hard, unforgiving and based. Especially if you played on a PVP server.
i think it was like 2 expansions in that it got mega popular and started the death road to casualisation.

t.at a lan party once around 2004 or so I remember seeing a .mp4 of a dude in a college dorm hitting lv50 for the first time. he literally screamed and ripped off his clothes in celebration and ran naked down the hall cheering, because the game was that grindy back then.
>>
>>279393
>because the game was that grindy back then.
It really wasn't, WoW classic proved it several times over. People were just fucking retarded back then, like back when everyone in Eve thought Drakes were shit (until they turned out to be absurdly OP).
>>
File: b7385c8.jpg (36 KB, 300x300)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>
File: rh4avus.jpg (35 KB, 600x450)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
File: xcsWTUw.jpg (558 KB, 3264x2448)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>
>>279407
WoW Classic was dumbed down, no matter what people tell you.
>People were just fucking retarded
yeah this.
It's what happens when you slap modern QoL changes plus almost 20 years of meta knowledge into an old version of a game.
FFXI is the same.
Back in 2003~2006 it was brutally hard, but if you play on a 2006-style private server nowadays the game is so 150% figured out, min-maxxed and dat-mined n such.
Not to mention there was no youtube, no google, no twitch, no information or wikis on the internet back then for games.
shit was literally word of mouth myths and legends from observation.

Honestly it's kind of why I like Eve. Cuz so much of what goes on is mysterious or meta etc it still has a sense of wonder and mysticism about it that other online games lost years ago. Shit like the whole Caroline's Star thing, the Drifters, the Triglavians and all that.
Even some of the monuments.
>>
>>279417
>no information or wikis
fuck, being honest even Eve didnt have a fucking wiki until like 2015.
And even then E-uni's wiki is barebones at best, for a wiki.
It has a lot of random info on the most random shit, but you cant look up modules, fits or other very specific stuff.
>>
File: iLGhUUZ.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
We'll be updating battleships so keep those 10 accounts omega'd we promise.
>>
>>279421
inb4 they give the apocalypse a rate of fire bonus or something instead of cap usage and damage
>>
How is it that C4-5-6 Wormhole corps in Eve are so heavily infested with gays and troons? Like if you look at recreuitment posts for them every second one openly advertises that they have "LBTGQ+ leadership". It's insane.
>>
>>279424
So what you're telling me is those fags are in the cosmic equivallent of a closet? :^)
>>
Bring back /eog/ to /vg/
>>
>>279424
The obnoxious ones got kicked out of reasonable groups and formed their own. Don't trust any group that has "we tolerate gays!" as a selling point, it should be a given that a wormhole corp would treat all their members as valuable.
>>
>gays
>valuable
>>
>>279552
/dog/ would never survive on vg
>>
>Don't actually have any use for Marauders
>Want to train them anyway because I think they're cool
>>
>/eog/ would never survive on /vg/
>>
if you don't exclusively fly frigates in lowsec and attack everything you see at every opportunity, you are a risk averse shitter
>>
>>279701
Flying frigates exclusively makes you a risk averse shitter. Flying in dead sec nakes you a risk averse shitter.
>>
>>279706
false, every time I undock in a frigate, I risk everything that I own
>>
>>279552
ban mobile games from there first
>>
>>279424
citadels removed any sort of challenge or difficulty in living in Wspace.
so now every fag, tranny and homo that gets kicked from a corp ends up in Special Snowflake space because then not only can they talk about being gay all the time but they can also brag about how unique their wormhole is xD
>>
is this a wormholer complaining that ccp have given wormholers almost everything they asked for
>>
File: 1595050605997.jpg (53 KB, 660x446)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
whats the fucking deal with Talking in Stations podcast?
I mean yeah, good on them, not a bad podcast
but
JESUS FUCK
CAN THEY STOP RELEASING A NEW FUCKING EPISODE TWICE A FUCKING DAY?

dont these cunts have corps to fly with, family to spend time with and jobs to fucking go to?

fucking christ man
>>
>>279763
I used to live in a wormhole solo, it was so easy. Now that shitadels are actually easy to attack when unfueled, I can't just dump raitarus everywhere and expect them to survive for a year, but it's still probably easy enough if you are active enough to keep it fueled.
>>
>>280185
I'd like to do shit like that, but my experiences in wormholes tell me there's a cloaky nigger behind every asteroid. The only way you can be remotely safe is to roll your holes immediately so there's literally no way in until they respawn, but even that's a guessing game because every hole has an inactive raitaru in it and there's no telling which one is actually abandoned and which has a dozen cloaky niggers hiding in it.
>>
>>280185
Citadels fucking suck 100%

Timezone tank should be removed in citadels, Keepstars shouldn't be anchorable and hangars should have limited m3 with a fixed ammount of hangars per citadel, you shouldn't be able to keep infinite amount of assets in citadels and thats the problem with them in wormholes, POS arrays had limited storage space, which made Wormhole living fun.
>>
Are there any T5 abyss fits that AREN'T ridiculously expensive? The only one I've found so far is the dual LASB Vagabond, but apparently that just auto dies in Angel rooms and Drone swarm rooms.
>>
>>280236
No
if you want to run the high lvl abyssals you need to be prepared to spend 600mil~1bil on an assault frigate or t2 cruiser
>>
>>280203
>POS arrays had limited storage space, which made Wormhole living fun.
this was the main thing.
depending on the size of the group you were with, it made you really think about the shit you were bringing into the hole and more often than not you all shared ships.
at least in my experience, very rarely did you have your own personal ships in a wormhole. you had to just fly what was in the hangar or floating around inside the bubble.
>>
File: 1589330223316.jpg (64 KB, 640x637)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>279868
these cunts again
fucking ANOTHER 2 HOUR PODCAST in the span of 8 fucking hours.
WE
DONT
NEED
3 updates a fucking day on the state of the war or the fucking industrial update
>>
>>280249
>you need to be prepared to spend 600mil~1bil
Yeah I get that, that's fine. But the problem is all the shit on abyss.eve is like 4b for the fit then another 2b for HG crystals. Even the 'cheap' Ishtar fits are using deadspace Multispectrum shield hardeners and a 1 bil X-type x-large Shield Booster.
>>
>>280236
>dual LASB Vagabond
why would you do this over xlasb
>>
File: 1612423058687.jpg (180 KB, 945x945)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>280260
Because you can't fit two XLASB's and if you don't have a second you eat shit when you have to reload. Do you even know what the Abyss is?
>>
>>280261
>you eat shit when you have to reload
have you considered shooting the rats so you don't
>>
>>280263
>Say something retarded
>Pretend you were pretending to be retarded to cope
>>
>>280265
I can understand that your 'brain' shuts down at the idea of doing pve without 'muh perma', but what a shit attitude for a new player to have
>>
>>280254
honestly, most of the time you're better off just sticking to T4 cruiser runs in a cheap gila/ishtar/sacrilige fit, T3s in a Jackdaw or T2/T3 in a retribution/worm.

if you have a bro to fly with, you can duo Destroyer T5s in decently cheap Jackdaw fits and make fukken bank that way. some people multibox it but it's not as fun that way.
>>
>>280278
>most of the time you're better off just sticking to T4 cruiser runs
No you aren't, T4 Cruisers are garbage. You get 20-30m for the entire filament for T4's, minus 5-10m for the filament itself. T5's are three times that at minimum. The only reason to do T4's at all is the slight possibility of a disintegrator specialization skillbook, but they're so rare it's not worth factoring them in to a hourly isk value.
>>
File: 1595225530651.jpg (7 KB, 184x184)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>CCP will never take us back and delete all abyssal / triglavian content
>>
>>280282
Good, they're some of the best updates Eve has gotten in a long time. The only people who hate them are nullbears upset that content that can't be solved by blobbing it with capitals exists.
>>
>>280284
no, I hate them as well
>>
>>280285
>He says as he sits in a Fortizar spinning his Nyx because a neut in a Rifter entered system and was an existential threat, forcing him to stop ratting and dock up for the foreseeable future
>>
>>280286
you have it backwards. I am the 'rifter', although you'd have to replace rifter with a good ship instead
>>
>>280280
>You get 20-30m for the entire filament for T4's, minus 5-10m for the filament itself.
thats why it's better to do the tiers and filament types that literally no-one else is doing.
if you jump in a Gila and run Exotics all day then yeah, no wonder you'll have trouble making profits.

I run T1s in a Worm because even though I could run T2s with my fit, the longer clear time isnt worth it financially. I clear T1 runs in under 6 minutes and make 5~10mil per run, vs making 20-30mil in a run that takes almost 20min.
Plus T1 filaments are dirt cheap so I dont have to worry about losing profits there.

Easiest 80mil/hour I've made in highsec ever.
>>
>>280293
>I run T1s
Opinion discarded lmao
>>
>>280296
frigate T1's pay out about the same as cruiser T3s.
but you can run them in a cheaper ship, filaments are literally 10k each and they're easy enough that they're drunk-proof.
>>
>>280314
>frigate T1's pay out about the same as cruiser T3s.
Cruiser T3's pay nothing.
>>
I can't do abyssals without my room AC on, that cold chill of entering it for the first time has to be replicated every time.
>>
>>280374
abyssals are relentlessly boring
>>
>>280288
>he can't tard blast with a rifter
lmao
>>
>>280588
there are frigates that can do 2-3x the dps. you're only tard blasting yourself by flying it
>>
>>280627
>muh deeps
>>
>>280768
lmao you think rifter is relevant outside of novice FW sites you're retarded, the base stats are shit, autocannons are shit, and it can't fit artillary, its the worst t1 frigate, since it does nothing remotely well
>>
>>280768
deeps determines what you can kill. if you have no deeps then you are useless solo
>>
Is it just me or is Amarr lowsec significantly more dangerous than elsewhere despite being objectively less valuable? I can dick around in FW systems and nobody ever bothers me, but If I'm ever in Amarr lowsec, there's people after my ass instantly.
>>
>>281226
Most non-FW lowsec is generally lived in by 'pirate' groups who are looking to gank people at exploration sites, I generally find FW lowsec to be more safe for exploration because most people in ships capable to survive in an combat exploration instance are also easy AF to gank on a gate and FW chuds aren't interested in probing down lowsec sites.

But in non-FW? They're going to be camping those 5/10s and 6/10s just in case a blinged tengu, legion or stratios comes in.
>>
>>281238
>FW chuds aren't interested in probing down lowsec sites
Please keep thinking this, so I can keep facefucking asteros that come into my system.
>>
>>281258
>asteros
Who the fuck bothers with Low sec Data/relic sites? I do DED sites in a fucking Torp phoon.
>>
File: JinDC4z.png (40 KB, 244x131)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>281258
Good, keep those fuckers out, i've done exploration in black rise for so fucking long now I always welcome less competition.
>>
>>281259
>torp phoon
give RHML Phoon a go.
Does same damage as Torp phoon except it actually applies it on anything slower and smaller than a Bastion mode Marauder.
>>
>>281294
>except it actually applies it on anything slower and smaller than a Bastion mode Marauder.
Torps apply just fine with Hydras and the Typhoon application bonus.
>>
>using rapids
biomass irl
>>
File: SOVL.png (189 KB, 1920x1040)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
BEHOLD, THE PURE ESSENCE OF MAN...SOVL.
>>
>>281337
Splitting your weapon systems on a TFI is bad. The entire point of the TFI is that it lets you get a volley damage that can alpha straight through an active tank with Torps. TFI is probably the best ship in the game for ganking Lokis and Tengus who think their X-type shield booster will save them. (it won't).
Plus swapping the Gyros for Bulkheads lets you hit 150k EHP hull tanked.
>>
>nu-split weapons
>faction ships
>hull tanking
>propless
>wasting mids
totally soulless
>>
>>281338
Yeah but this is soul.
>>
>>281339
>nu-split weapons
There's nothing 'nu' about splitting weapons. It's peak 2005.
>wasting mids
There's no explosion velocity bonus on a TFI retard-kun.
>propless
The entire joy of these ships is presenting the threat of MJD. Which forces people to have to ram you to stop. At which point you shit fuck them. You're not getting on top of anyone with your 1200m/s battleship and then all the MWD will serve to do is act as a max cap penalty.
>>
File: laservac.png (127 KB, 1060x717)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>281337
Oh, are we posting shitfits now?
>>
>>281343
viable reported
>>
>There's nothing 'nu' about splitting weapons. It's peak 2005.
that would be real split weapons. this is a very different thing, where they've designed it so you only do it if you're retarded. split weapons in name only
>There's no explosion velocity bonus on a TFI retard-kun.
what a bizarre thing to say. does this mean only if it had that bonus you'd take off the painter and extra web? big shitter
>You're not getting on top of anyone with your 1200m/s battleship
is this bait? you need to be able to move a little to perform basic shit like reapproaching gates, and yes if you aren't bad there's a bunch of stuff you can ram into with a heated mwd on a battleship. by not having it you are making yourself even more of a hilarious pushover. fleet typhoon is a pretty fast one, and since hull tanking is broken you have no real speed penalty
>>
>>281337
why would you do that when a normal typhoon does 1300dps and actually applies it?
>>
Heavy assaults on a bellicose or just rlmls 24/7?
>>
>>282176
rlmls and dual ASB it
it flies like a giant Breacher then, except no-one knows what the fuck it is, what it does, how strong it is or how to fight it
>>
>move to null recently
>rats are weak to EM
>pick up an Omen as soon as i move there, cuz it was one of the few decent ships in stock
>get 720dps out of it
>goes decently fast and has just enough tank if I manually pilot it right
>made a few millions
>ready to buy something bigger and better
>spend hours in pyfa trying different cruiser, battlecruiser, HAC, HIC fucking everything fits
>even T3 cruisers
>at best, either get a ship that does less DPS but has WAY more tank, or I get something that performs about the same but costs 10x as much
>realise the only step up at this point is get a Typhoon or a Paladin
>battleship changes around the corner have pushed prices up
>Prices only gunna get even higher after the chances
man, I didnt wanna have to bring my carrier down here.
guess I'll save up for a Paladin
>>
>>282363
Is this pasta? It's the only way I can rationalize how retarded this post is.
>>
>>282176
HAMs with a target painter

If you're using RLMs you might as well be using a caracal in the first place
>>
What's the deal with input broadcasting? I want to do shit that requires multiboxing (Abyss), but I don't particularly enjoy multiboxing. Can CCP actually detect input broadcasting effectively?
>>
>>282369
oh i'm sorry I didnt realise that fags like you only fly the Gila because your mum wont let you fly anything else
>>
>>282378
yes
and if you do it you get permab&
they havent allowed input broadcasting since at least 2012.
>>
>>282382
Then how the fuck do these people triple box abyss? I'm just doing duo RR Jackdaws and It's absurdly tedious. I'd honestly rather just do it in a Cruiser despite the lower payouts, but multiboxing is the only way you can do it without multi billion isk investments.
>>
>>282385
3 monitors and some good alt-tab skills.
remember most eve players have at least dual monitor if not triple.
a guy in my corp regularly flies with 12~15 characters and has each one taking up 1/3rd or 1/4 of a screen on his 6 monitor setup.

also i've seen some people do some crazy McGyver shit with duct taping 6 or 9 mice together and using chopsticks to "automate" mouse clicks between them all
>>
>>282176
depends, are you gay or not
>>282349
>dual ASB
never do this
>>
>>282399
I have multiple monitors, but fuck me managing targets across multiple clients is a massive pain in the ass.
>>
>>278601
>>278600
>Roger'd
>>
>>282416
slap auto-target missiles in or fly droneboats then i guess, iunno
>>
>>282416
Most people use multiboxing programs so that you're clicking the same things at the same time
>>
File: 1611454111277.jpg (96 KB, 1000x750)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>282416
>>282444
as far as i'm aware, using any sort of program to automate or simulate simultaneous clicks can get you banned.
you have to do it 100% legit.
>>
>Implying botters get banned
>>
>>282481
Problem with that is detection, a bot/macro activating multiple modules isn't very apparent since you can easily do it without a macro on a single server tick
>>
it'd be nice to see what would happen if ccp disabled drone auto-aggro as a "chaos era XD" thing on a whim, just to see how utterly annihilated all the bots/multiboxers would get
>>
File: moon1.gif (3 KB, 104x97)
3 KB
3 KB GIF
>>282725
but that already happened anon, was reverted quickly
https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/patch-notes-version-18-12
ctrl+f drone, read the salt on the 2nd forums link(from above)
>>
>>282769
classic ccp being absolute cowards afraid to fix their own game
>>
>>282774
No one wants to shoot red triangles for 20+ hours sorry.

Now if they reworked PVE completely thats a different story
>>
>>282850
why do you think it takes you 20 hours, could it be because the prices are that high because there's 6 million botters
>>
>>282850
>No one wants to shoot red triangles for 20+ hours sorry.
So fucking don't? Don't fucking play the game if you don't want to, but you shouldn't also get to ruin the game's economy by not playing the game.
>>
this game sucks

it's either mouth breathing retards or fucking hillbilly hicks that play this game

weirdest audience ever
>>
When are they going to make a competent backend for EVE? It's the only fucking game I can think of that has a DAILY downtime, and a 1hz tickrate which is completely unacceptable given the game's rudimentary physics and low playercount.
>>
>>282858
>>282867
If you really think slow AF drone ratting is whats bloating the ISK pool when blue/red loot exists, you are retarded
>>
>>282484
quite often games looking for botting check the windows level hooks for clicks/mouse movement. Server tick and shit like that get kinda useless there
>>
>>275591
>eh i havent flown ECM in a few years but from what i understand now if you jam someone they can just kill you anyway
>and ECM being the primary in every engagement, just means you die even faster.

ECM is probably the longest reachign ewar there is, just stay at 100km and nobody is touching your ewar boat most of the time
>>276637
it used to be called jewing but muh sensitivity happened and now its crabbing cause of some russian shit
>>282416
i regularly box 3-5 accs on grid at the same time, dont use multiple monitors, its dumb, use just one monitor, with the ui set the same for all accts, and use a hotkey to change between them. That way there's no mouse travel time to do stuff like locking and shit, just keep the mouse there and ctrl click the same place, for fleets that is.
>>
>>283064
I used to play. Last time I did there was a streak of scenarios where I was 1v1ing someone in a dead as fuck constellation and my inputs were taking 3-4 seconds to respond. Caused me to lose several blingy ships so I quit. Sure, I could've just sat in boring ass anomalies and carrier ratted until I could replace them. Or I could've plex tanked. But I decided nah I'm not taking responsibility and wasting my time nor money over CCP's shitty servers. Unsubbed. Never coming back. I like the idea of eve, and I enjoy talking about the game for old times sake. But CCP is a terrible company and manage eve so poorly.
>>
>>283140
>it used to be called jewing
Yeah I remember it as that. Crabbing sounds fucking stupid. I will never embrace the culture of russian 'people'.
>>
>Dicking around with fits
>The Broadsword
>Literally never seen anyone fly this ship before
>It can fit a 1000 EHP/s cap stable tank with 700 DPS and a top speed of 2200m/s with heat

Granted its projection and tracking are fucking shite, but it seems like the perfect bait ship.
>>
>>283315
thats the thing though, it's the best if not 2nd best HIC, so if someone sees you in it they're either gunna avoid you like the plague, or drop 20 dreads on you to kill you
fun ship though
>>
>>283315
No one is ever going to engage a HIC without overwhelming force, thats why its a shit bait ship
>>
>>283424
I can almost guarantee that if I took one into some C3 sites I'd have a cloaky loki pop up on me within an hour.
>>
>>283074
>we'd better not fix problem A, because that won't fix problem B
>we'd better not fix problem B, because that won't fix problem A
their current plan of doing nothing is the worst possible option
>>
>>283315
heavy interdictors cannot receive remote reps while tackling, so your bait succeeds and you get a bunch of shit coming to kill you, and then your blob arrives and oh shit you're in a hic, rip
>>
File: influence.png (667 KB, 1856x2048)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
Are goos ogre?
>>
>sov
>relevant
>>
>>283465
Yes
>>
File: 1599758030904.png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
how do you guys feel about triangle space
>>
Why the fuck are deadspace medium shield boosters skyrocketing in price? Is it just a result of people not doing combat sites or are people just losing tons of them in the abyss?
>>
>>284229
losing tonnes of them in the abyss is why
>>
>>283780
Looks like the color of my stool from this morning.
>>
Im kinda new. I have amarr shit and lasers, drones, PI and a PI alt, dragoon that did some basic story missions, but I just did this hunt event and like flyin around in a magnate doing relic and data sites. I accidentally did ghost sites and did a bunch getting shattered villard wheels for a lot of money without knowing the sites could explode and blow me up. I havnt skilled battlecruisers but im waitin for prices to go down maybe with the update.

I can run covert ops stuff now but I have no idea what i am doing if I go out into wormholes or low sec, and the last two times I went there i got ganked.

I kinda wanna do more sites / harder ones and I got an astero. I dont even really understand what ways there are to decloak other people but I understand they might find me with combat scanner probes or just warp in to sites if they see my ship type and maybe just sit there cloaked waiting for me to hack something. Is it worth to go to low / null / wormhole?
>>
>>285518
Don't bother skilling BC's or Battleships until you're basically maxed on Cruiser skills. Bigger ships don't really have significantly better tank or DPS, their primary advantage is their ability to project damage.
If you want to do Combat sites, skill for a Gila. They're cheaper than a Stratios and they can do 5/10 DED sites just fine, assuming you're careful on the last room with the stasis towers. They're also Tech 1 so they're able to enter the Highsec 3/10 and 4/10 sites which are also decent.
The only way to decloak a ship is to get with 1500m of it. If you're worried about cloaky campers in sites, approach the can, align to a celestial, then start hacking. If someone decloaks, you're already aligned so you can Warp instantly if you react quickly.
If you go into Wormholes, make sure it's only a C1 or C2. C3 Wormhole Data and Relic sites are combat sites that will slap your shit.

High sec exploration isn't worth doing at all aside from 3/10 and 4/10 combat sites, and those are rare as fuck.
>>
>>285518
>no idea what I'm doing
>so I bought an Astero
dont
sell it
keep using the Magnate until you're good.
do trips into lowsec.
use tools like the in-game map and Dotlan (a map website) to check the areas you're headed to for activity.
a system has had 10 or 20 kills in the last hour?
yeah nah fuck that noise, try to go around it or go somewhere else.

put a Cargo Scanner on your ship. You can scan the cans in data/relic sites to see if they're even worth hacking in the first place.
if you're an Omega it's also worth putting a T1 cloak on your ship too.
you wont be able to fly around cloaked, but it gives you options to hide if someone's chasing you, if you need to go take a shit or go afk for whatever reason.

if your frigate aligns to warp in (or around) 2sec, it's almost impossible to catch.
you CAN still get killed though, but it'll reduce the chances of you dying just traveling around quite a lot.

Magnate's my favourite tech1 scanning frigate by far. It doesnt have the extra mid-slot that the Heron does, but it has a HUGE cargo. with rigs you can carry almost 1700m3 in that bad boy, which makes it great as a speedy mini-hauler around highsec.

Look up the names of sites before you go into them. There are a few special kinds of data sites like Ghost Sites, Mordu's ones etc that have rats in them or will blow you up. Save doing those until you're more experienced for now.
Same with wormholes, avoid those for now until you've learnt a bit more. Wormholes have much better loot but some quirky game mechanics that make shit riskier.

When I'm scanning and running explo sites in lowsec, whenever I can I try to drop my loot off in a station.
I can always go back to pick it up later, but nothing's worse than flying around in a loot pinata with 2 hours worth of scanning loot, just to get blapped by someone.
>>
>>285527
>3/10 and 4/10 combat sites, and those are rare as fuck.
these are actually fairly common in "highsec islands".
Highsec islands are a group of maybe 1~10 or more highsec systems that sit in the middle of lowsec or nullsec, usually cut off from the main highsec.
few people live in these except some mining groups that do so to avoid being ganked.
they usually have a fucking mountain of untouched anoms in them.
a highsec island near me usually has 12~25 anoms in each system.

I second what the other guys says too by the way. Avoid battlecruisers and battleships for now.
focus on maxxing out your "Golden 14" skills (fitting, shields, armor, capacitor, prop mods) and then do skills for cruiser and smaller.
95% of the time in Eve you'll be flying something Cruiser and smaller anyway.
Bigger =/= better in Eve.
>>
>>285538
to add to Dotlan and map info you can garner

>lots of jumps in last 30min in a bunch of systems, usually in a line or path
popular thoroughfare or access point. a lot of thru-traffic mostly
>lots of kills last hour
a gatecamp, most likely. check the killboards for that system and you can usually tell.
>lots of frigates, interceptors, shuttles etc dead in the last hour and there's a battleship getting all the killmails
smart bombing battleship is camping that gate, if you try to go thru you'll explode before grid loads
>lots of NPC kills in the last hour
someone's running sites or farming in that system, maybe pick another one
>system is a Faction Warfare system
generally these will be busier BUT also they'll be generally more interested in doing their FW thing. Personally I'd still avoid, but sometimes you can run a data site or two under their noses if you wanna be cheeky.
Careful though, some PVPers purposefully lie cloaked, waiting in data sites like this.

>dotlan shows lots of kills 6 or 12 hours ago but nothing in the last few hours
means that there's heavy activity there but in a different timezone from you. helps you plan which parts of space to go to and to avoid in certain times of the day (some corps are EU corps, some are US, some are Aussie/Japanese and so on)

Evewho, Zkill are great tools as well. Someone pops into system and doesnt leave straight away and you see probes on D-scan?
look them up on zkill.
what have they killed recently?
are they a carebear or a pvper?
are their kills other similar scanning ships to yours?
and so on.

A lot of the actual gameplay of Eve is gathering intel from various sources to figure out what's safe, fun or dangerous to do.
>>
>>283430
Drone aggro isn't the problem, combat anoms being boring as shit so you can AFK them is.
>>
>>285556
>isn't the problem
I don't see how. we have weapon systems that require you to be at the keyboard pressing buttons, and we have a weapon system that is fully effective if the pilot is literally asleep or taking a shit
>>
>>285567
Remove drone auto aggro and people just do anoms in smartbomb ships. The problem is the content is so braindead that this is possible in the first place. Even putting that aside, Drones are still the only reasonably useful way to do these anoms because every other weapons system (aside from lasers which are only good in a few places) chews through an absurd amount of ammunition to clear the site. Going through 2000m3+ worth of ammo for one site is retarded.
>>
>>285568
so it's what I said a few posts back
>drones very obviously completely fucked
>but we can't fix drones because smartbombs lol
it would still be a massive improvement, and they can dump on smartbombs or whatever if necessary later
>ammunition
just about everyone has massive pve changes in mind, because it's horrible. it's still not a good reason why you should be able to kill shit while afk
>>
>>285569
The only reason they can be done AFK is because deep sov space is so safe. Want to force them to be more attentive? Make Sov space more dangerous. How do you do that? Remove or at the very least delay local in Null.
But CCP wont because the nullbears get apocalyptically mad when they actually have to risk a ship that isn't covered by an SRP.
>>
>>285570
drones should still be fixed, regardless of anything you're saying here. breaking local primarily makes autistic cloakfags more dangerous, which isn't ideal. it still doesn't change the issue of the best play for all krabs in all situations being to run away and wait for any intruders to get bored. I think it would be better to put some work in on the ESS feature and make it available to more ship types and generally less retarded
>>
>>285570
>>285570
>is because deep sov space is so safe
ultimately this.
nearly every nullbear has at least 20~50 jumps warning of any neuts or fleets approaching, short of something popping out of a wormhole or someone using a yeet filament.
>>
File: 1603550490044.png (7 KB, 741x73)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
When are you signing up anon?
>>
>>285621
are corps for people with extreme political views allowed
>>
>>285682
I got banned once for calling someone a nigger in Amarr so no, probably not.
>>
>>270986
Is Moros good now after the buffs?
>>
>>285976
should've called them miggers and played it off as roleplaying as an amarr slaver.
>>
Hot take

They should make all carriers have a resist and damage bonus. They're that shit.
>>
>Can't even hot drop people anymore unless you're flying a black ops or force recon
Holy shit imagine being a t*tan pilot.
>>
what if carriers stopped having thousands km range, 10km/s fighters, and the ability to abandon them on grid and still teleport them back to the carrier from across system
>>
>>286151
>what if carriers stopped having thousands km range, 10km/s fighters, and the ability to abandon them on grid and still teleport them back to the carrier from across system
none of this is true. do you actually play the game?
>>
File: 1598637821161.jpg (60 KB, 693x663)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>Pilgrim
>>
File: 1603007527415.jpg (8 KB, 296x331)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>none of this is true
>>
>>286181
>thousands km range
just because you can target doesn't mean you can engage from thousands of km away. between being susceptible to long ass refueling time or having to constantly abandon t1 fighter squadrons just to watch your fighters take ages to get on top of the target again this makes damage application shit. not to mention how easy it would be to screen fighters with subcaps with MWDs hot running directly at their fleet. the damage application would genuinely be shit and at that point you're wondering why did you bring carriers instead of dreads, titans, or supers.
>10km/s fighters
false, even mwd they top out at 7km/s and that's on a nidhoggur with a velocity bonus to fighters plus you gotta rely on a cooldown, mind their damage application also goes to shit while being easy to screen while this is active.
>abandon them
you have to be on grid to reconnect with fighters. fighters have not followed the carrier nor its targets for many years.
>>
the real answer is they have thousands km range despite all you've just said, they obviously don't top out at 7km/s because I see them going significantly faster than that, and seeing the fighters warp off/disappear after the carrier/supercarrier happens all the time, see: any capital ratter pissing themselves warping back to their fort because there's a rifter in system
>>
ran my first t0 and t1 abyssals today in a punisher, that was exciting - made it out with 4 seconds on the clock.

Still like exploration or mining for making my baby money though it just feels so risky flying shit into abyssals and I'd have to train tons of new skills to fit a fucking 80m worm or gila or shit to do better ones. Plus even highsec data I can so fast compared to the shit rewards in t1 abyssal

I did venture into some tiny pockets of lowsec and found that its not all 100% gatecamps all day every day so that was nice. I tried to take on a pirate mining fleet and got fucking wrecked in my cruiser though.

I think im just gonna learn the safest possible way to scan a sleeper cache, shove my expensive sisters core scanner in deadspace at a mobile depot or container, and learn how far I can go in a cheap as shit magnate. I think that will take me the least amount of training new skills with little risk of losing expensive ships
>>
File: video1.webm (643 KB, 480x480)
643 KB
643 KB WEBM
Calm abyssals are comfy regardless of payout
>>
>>286556
yeah running T1s in a worm is comfy and a nice 75mil/hour
sure there's shit i could do that makes more money than that, but for chill semi-afk highsec money it's pretty good.
>>
>>286574
how many u gotta run per hour to make that? is it a speedrun? i took 20 mins to run one in a punisher the first mob was a tanky fucker took me 10 mins and I had no time to loot many extra nodes.
>>
>>286602
You probably got one of the Battleship spawns which are there specifically to sandbag low DPS settups. You can get around 250 DPS from a Worm or 300 DPS from a Retribution if you kit them right which lets them do T2's in <10 mins even with bad spawns.
>>
>>286602
i clear them in 6-7min
>>
>>286602
>had no time to loot many extra nodes.
in frigate abyssals you only get the main biocache, and you ignore the side cans.
reason being that frigate abyssals have 3x the loot in the biocaches.
>>
more like abysmal
>>
>>286666
>EA buys your game
>Have to explore "EA Space"
uhhh okay....
>>
>>286666
checked and rifterpilled
>>
Just found a 34 million item in a high sec data site
>>
What would a good punisher fit for abyssals look like?
>>
New items in the patch today:
New Component Drops for Manufacturing:
The following new components are not manufactured, but can be acquired from exploration content in the universe.

Counter-Subversion Sensor Array
Nanoscale Filter Plate
Electro-Neural Signaller
Enhanced Electro-Neural Signaller
Nano Regulation Gate
Meta-Molecular Combiner
Isotropic Deposition Guide
LM-Composite Molecular Condenser
AG-Composite Molecular Condenser
CV-Composite Molecular Condenser
AV-Composite Molecular Condenser

They seem to be used for high level molecular engineering stuff
>>
>>286893
https://www.eveworkbench.com/fitting/punisher/96fbe48c-5b7e-45ba-6c47-08d8fcfaaeb5
This worked for me (added a reactive armor hardener to low slot though) for elec t1 and firestorm t1
>>
so another nothing patch then
>>
Can you use the trig ships for pve? They look cool
>>
>>287059
>ramp up damage
I imagine it'd be shit.
>>
>>287059
They're not good for it outside of a few niches

Their limited range and ramp up damage is pretty bad, the Nurgle though has use in burner frigate missions
>>
>>287059
the things that make triglavian ships so completely broken are not so useful in pve generally
>>
>>287059
Ikitursa is barely acceptable for T4/5s
Leshaks are good for incursions. They are good for wormholes too IIRC but I haven't tried.
>>
>>286893
you just fit it like a shittier Retribution, really
>>
>>287000
>mineral build cost of faction/pirate battleships has gone from 200mil-ish to 1.1bil-ish
>need to do a whole bunch of reactions with special snowflake materials only found in explo and lowsec gas sites to make anything faction or t2 now
>nothing patch
>>
haven't played EVE in years and want to see what it's like now. trying to decide between gallente and caldari. what should I pick lads? I don't remember much about EVE except that I used to like flying dual rep incursuses. incursii
>>
>>287303
I don't fly pirate battleships or do industry, that shit's gay
>>
>>287399
gallente, although your incursus should only have 1 rep
>>
>>287553
>dont fly pirate battleships
even if you dont, you'd have to be literally retarded to not have at bought a few hulls in the last few weeks in order to double your money

>or do industry
missing out.
easy profit to be made by literally not being online.
not to mention it's much easier to just build your own ships (cruiser and smaller), cap boosters, ammo etc in bulk than it is to bother hauling that shit from a trade hub, especially if you live in ass fuck nowhere.
>>
>>287399
just fly whatever.
the best ships worth flying are cruiser and smaller anyway, with a few minor exceptions.
get armor and hybrid skills trained up, do gallente up to cruiser size and then once your shield skills are done train up caldari to cruiser as well.
then once you have some drone skills it opens up the gallente drone ships as well as the amarr ones.
>>
>>287599
I already have money. I don't need more
>>
File: 1601434314039.jpg (6 KB, 250x247)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>I'll just log in and check the market
>Less than 1 second until cluster shutdown
>>
>>287600
>get armor and hybrid skills trained up
That's terrible advice, even for someone flying Gallente. All the Gallente ships worth flying are shield tanked with Drones, except maybe the Hecate.
>>
>>287664
this post is false
>>
>>287599
How would I even start making profit with industry?
>>
>tfw alpha clone in Brave
>got my complimentary free vexor for nullsec ratting
>focused on getting my skill points up to be able to fly a battleship
>once I did I was gifted a Dominix by some random dude
Time to lose it in 15 seconds to a hunter
>>
>>287682
>source discounted minerals from lazy miners with buy orders or from desperate/dumb corp mates
>build shit
>sell it in remote lowsec/null areas for 10x the profit

also if you have good reprocessing skills you can literally make money by buying some shit from jita, scrapping it down to minerals and reselling the minerals.
>>
File: 1452176058907.jpg (29 KB, 720x564)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>get a myrm for ratting
>jump into anom
>first anom goes fine until I accidentally fuck up the triggers and have to gtfo because they're overwhelming my armor reps
>move on to second anom
>some other ratter is already using it
>move on to third anom
>every 30 seconds the ships change aggro to my drones despite returning and redeploying them over and over
>>
>>288255
>myrm

Doing it wrong. Get a Vexor Navy (which is cheaper), put a shield buffer and 100mn Afterburner on it. Drop heavy drones, orbit something at 70km with the AB on, sic drones on something, come back in 15 minutes.
Also there's a fresh thread >>287766
>>
>>287873
Brave literally turns you down for having a high sp character, okay i guess?
>>
>>287682
craft things people want to buy and calculate the cost and estimated profit before crafting said item
>>
where does a noob go for actually half decent small gang pvp these days? started a new character after a few years of not playing and feel kind of out of the loop. doesn't even have to be a corp, could just be informal fleets
>>
>>289705
faction warfare space
meet people in Novice plexes.
also Syndicate and Placid have been pretty good for small gang PVP lately
>informal fleets
there are a heap of groups that do this now.
look up groups like Redemption Roams, Bomber's Bar, Spectre Fleet and those.
They do "pick-up groups" with literal randoms multiple times a day and will even throw free ships at noobs and alphas.
>>
>>289954
thanks m8, will check those out

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.