[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 92 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

PLAY ETERNAL RETURN: BLACK SURVIVAL
>>
>>260433
Will this ever get as big as DOTA or LoL?
>>
File: Christmas_barfing.gif (2.58 MB, 320x240)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
>tranime
>>
>>260615
Is this an honest question? Of fucking course not. Hell, its average player base already fell by over 50% within 3 months.
>>
>Don't play Luke, no other Luke in lobby
>Play Luke, 5 Lukes dropping school
shit game uninstalled
>>
>>260654
A shame considering the dedication of the devs.
>>
>>260666
Dedication like making a terribly balanced shit pile by constantly buffing already OP characters and nerfing weak ones then releasing another OP character right after?
>>
>>260655
I want to live in your magical world where there aren't 2-3 lukes in every lobby no matter who you play
>>
>>260666
wut dedication? they cant even balance for shit, made shoichi unplayable as fuck. and every patch on every ranked match is just plagued by characters which are currently OP in the latest patch
>>
>>260684
>>260708
>Complaining about a common problem of any game.
>>
>>260708
oh sure dude balancing is a major problem in every game that has a pvp multiplayer function but this game does this on a whole new lvl, imagine a game having a lot of characters to choose but youll see the same units being used by 3 to 4 people or even more in ranked and you cant even have fun bec youll be thirsted early game
>>
>Silvia players are now rank 1 and 3 on the ladder even though the last patch apparently killed her
How long until people start calling her the strongest character in the game? The same thing happened with Adriana, she was always listed at the worst character in the game then some Korean pushed up the ladder with her and everyone started calling her top tier.
>>
So do you guys duel your doubles or are you content to live and let live until it's just you two or they're basically dead? Rare enough for me to run into a mirror that I usually just let them do their thing and I usually get the favor returned.
>>
>>260732
Only if they hit me first for shits and giggles, fighting early normally leads me to a build disadvantage in mid game.
>>
>>260730
A pro being able to use a bad character doesn't mean said character is now top tier. good people can make mediocre elements work well. And despite that I don't think many people would call Adriana "top tier"
>>
>>260708
>made shoichi unplayable as fuck
just use your abilities bro https://clips.twitch.tv/CallousHorribleSandwichUncleNox-yFmi5WqH2C8yGcX_

>>260732
if we're playing characters that can actually kill each other in a decent amount of time I'll go for it in the early game cause it can be nice boost to my build. when it comes to the mid to late game where I have a choice between killing my mirror or a different character I do tend to pick the other character
>>
File: 29387429.jpg (174 KB, 920x1000)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>260732
Always kill mirrors if possible. They're way more likely to have useful gear for you and are far more likely to ruin your route
>>
>>260654
When people are staying that fact they always forgets to mention that the player base dropped mostly in Korea, where the majority of the players are ATM. However the game is growing in US. I'll be honest: I don't understand a shot about it. Why it was popular in KR, why it dropped by half. Why there are so many small streamers from NA and literally 0 from EU. Why NA is growing and EU isn't when there is no marketing whatsoever in either of these regions. However I'm 100% sure that the game has big potential and it's just the question whether some of the bigger streamers would pick it up or not. If any of the major guys who stream League of Apex Legends or Fortnite decides to give it a try and by giving a try I don't mean 1 commercial stream like the xQc one, but a real try at the game, I feel like it can start a chain reaction.
>>
>>261160
>However the game is growing in US
I find that hard to believe when I keep bumping into the exact same players in every single game mode. And even if this was true, like you said, the majority of the player base is in korea, even if the USA players increased a bit that wouldn't counteract the massive drop.

What source do you even have for this?
>>
It's weird to me actually getting matched with semi-popular streamers and ex-pros from other games at Silver. Then again I landed in a mostly gold lobby once and half the lobby was dead before the 2nd day so it might be a little understandable. Dunno if the higher up the ranks the faster and faster people play but jesus fuck at least I only lost a single LP to that shitshow where I barely had 3 items done.
>>
how do i handle rozzi as jackie? i get curbstomped by her everytime. Do i just abandon the zone if she's there?
>>
>>261161
> even if the USA players increased a bit that wouldn't counteract the massive drop
It's the opposite: KR alone can't carry this game and KR is already relatively successful even when you count in the recent drop. Growth in other markets is the most important. Aside from US, I know for sure that South East Asia is growing (Philippines/Thailand/Indonesia), they even organize separate tournaments. I also see more and more Chinese nicknames, I'm not sure if they are from mainland China or from Hong Kong/Taiwan, but anyway that's big. I think the game is doing OK in Japan also since I see some Japanese streamers with decent online counts. EU is the only hole.
>>261161
>I keep bumping into the exact same players in every single game mode
What's your rank? I'm in Silver I and I see same regulars who try to grind into Gold just as I am every day, but I never recognize most of the lobby.
>>
>>261426
>the game is booming outside of korea
>do you have a source?
>No, of course not
Okay then.
>>
>>261508
Dude, I don't have exact numbers, but you can see the player distribution by leagues on dak gg. US ranked population is growing much faster than EU, while KR isn't growing at all.
>>
>>261523
And ranked population is the best indicator of active player base I can think of, since the vast majority of players becomes inactive before hitting account level 20.
>>
Ayyo.

WHICH CHARACTERS CAN STOMP ON A LUKE?
>>
>>261529
Another Luke.
>>
>>261527
>>261523
If you don't have an actual source it's fine to just admit it. And you don't actually get any player count info from that website so why you're even bringing this up is beyond me. If anything it makes the situation look even worse becasue you can just look at the average rank distribution per area vs global and you can clearly see that the global rank distribution per tier is basically 1:1 in line with the korean one. And you can just go to the main website and look up the leader boards to clearly see that almost every single person who plays this game is Korean, which I doubt anyone would deny.

Then you can also just look at steamcharts and see that the peak player count fell from 52k in december to 18k now, and the average playerbase went from 20k to 10k in that same time frame. But since this is a discussion about the USA player base, you can go look at youtube, look up the game, and filter by both upload date and view count. You should notice two things by this point. For starters, the videos with the most views all come from roughly 3-4 months ago, around the same time when the games player count peaked. But you should also notice that there are far less uploaders now than there were before. So not only has the general exposure of the game dropped significantly, shown by how many people look it up and watch the videos, but the number of uploaders also dropped. And since it's looked up in english here it's only really showing english speaking players; people from the USA and UK. Even the official english youtube page is dead and they hardly upload anything.

Unless there's some kind of official statement from the developers, I just find it hard to believe that the player count has gone up in the west like you said it did. If anything it seems like it's gone down globally.
>>
>>260730
Most people don't know what they are talking about, news at 11
>>
>>261560
Do you actually follow the game or just doing outside research I wonder?
>Then you can also just look at steamcharts
I check the ERBS category on Twitch every day and see who streams. I've seen several big KR streamers who are now streaming other games. However among the English streamers only Turk has dropped ERBS to go pro in Rainbow Six. I know most English-speaking streamers because I watch them and talk to them. There was no decline in viewer count for Tomsorcer, Scazzaf, Averse and other core players who stream every day. Most of them are even slowly growing. And I see more and more players among those who grind rankings and participate in tournaments who start streaming.
>And you don't actually get any player count info from that website
You do. You check top what % of all players is the top100 player on every server. Using that trick you know how many accounts are known to dak gg on every server, both ranked and unranked. But you need to do that say once per week to see the relative tendency. I know that top 100 player is TOP 0.98% ranked US now while he was TOP 1.3% two weeks ago. Also, ratio ranked to unranked is 1:14 in NA while it's 1:3 in KR. Judging from this number alone you can see that NA is alive and developing while KR has reached maturity and probably is in the decline.
>almost every single person who plays this game is Korean, which I doubt anyone would deny
In global ranks? Sure, that stat is meaningless.
>For starters, the videos with the most views all come from roughly 3-4 months ag
That are guides for beginners, lol. You can't compare them to other videos. Better check comparable things like different builds on same characters by Tomsorcer. There are no tendencies.
>the peak player count fell from 52k in december to 18k now, and the average playerbase went from 20k to 10k in that same time frame
I know, we are discussing what's the nature of this decline.
>>
>>261560
>Unless there's some kind of official statement from the developers
Scazzaf who only recently got employed by NN as some sort of community manager for US&EU said US is seemingly doing well and that's basically the reason he got hired.
>>
>>261539
But what if the Lukes cannibalize each other and form a super luke?
>>
>>261688
Any decent skill amp char with full build can kill Luke with 1 combo unless Luke gets lucky and builds mithril armor first. Xiukai, Shoichi, Li Dailin, Magnus. Hyejin probably can't kill full HP Luke in a single combo, but she can force him back and if he commits after losing some HP he die. Emma and Silvia can kite Luke to death. There's literally no way you can win vs good Emma or Silvia with Luke. Any Hyunwoo wins vs Luke being 2-3 mastery down. Dual sword Yuki and Jackie 1-shots Luke in early to middle game. Most Lukes don't know they can't fight. Finally there's Fiora. Fiora is usually a free kill, just because Luke builds and snowballs much faster. But on same mastery and items, she is even better right clicker than Luke.
>>
>>261672
>I check the ERBS category on Twitch every day and see who streams.
Okay? I was going to bring up Twitch too and, as you said, you can see the video uploads that get a lot of views but it isn't a valid comparison because those very same videos just have the people stop playing the game half way through, then they move on to something that's actually popular like Valorant, Fortnite, or Call of Duty.
>You do.
You don't actually get player count statistics like you do with steamcharts, which is why I brought it up in the first place.
And I think you need to actually explain your top 100 argument again because it seems like your english broke half way through and you almost started speaking in giberish. And your ratio argument doesn't mention anything about player counts, that's purely just a ratio of who does and doesn't play ranked. Something which could vary between the two for a variety of reasons. Going by what you posted, most people in the USA just don't touch ranked while a lot of people in Korea do.
>probably
There is no probably here, the playerbase is in decline and I already listed the website that actively tracks monthy average player rates. You even acknowledged this at the very end of your post.
>In global ranks? Sure, that stat is meaningless.
If a global leader board is actively dominated by people from a single region of the globe, it isn't unrealistic to assume that most of the people who play said game are from that region. Which is the case here. And it isn't even just the top 100, it's the top 1000. Also, are you actually trying to deny that Koreans make up the bulk of this game now? If not, why call it meaningless?
>That are guides for beginners
They aren't, you can go look them up yourself if you don't believe me. Out of the top 10 most viewed videos for the game only around 3 of them are beginner videos that aren't even in the top 6 of the videos that I mentioned.

A lot of your arguments are anecdotal, I hope you're aware of this.
>>
File: 1608883580276.png (145 KB, 630x377)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>261672
>almost every single person who plays this game is Korean, which I doubt anyone would deny
>In global ranks? Sure, that stat is meaningless.
>>
I played this game for 70hrs before ranked was released (shoichi main)

I stopped playing when ranked got released as it completely gutted the already small EU playerbase
Bit sad as I was pretty into it
>>
Just tried out Adela, seems like a really interesting character, though I question her combat ability against against any melee attacker. I dunno, what's your experiences with her?
>>
How's Isol in solo? Considering how ratty/looting focused I normally play anyway he seems like he would align with my playstyle. Although from the little bit I've tried of him so far I'm not quite sure how to secure kills unless I have an MS advantage or they run into trap chains.
>>
>>261772
>>261769
Listen, I never argued that the total playerbase is in decline and that the majority of total playerbase is KR. What I'm saying is that it's precisely KR that is responsible for the decline, while other regions are stable/slowly growing. I suppose there were global influx of interest in the game somewhere from late October to New Year. That's the time where 1) NN payed xQs to make a ERBS Stream. A lot of people learned that this game exists. 2) NN started to make and broadcast tournaments. Again a lot of people learned that the game exists. What I'm saying is that what makes competitive multiplayer game alive aren't people who move on to Valheim or whatever is popular right now after trying for a few hours/days. People who play the game on regular basis are what makes the game alive.

If you remember, just a month or so ago Ranked Queue was inactive on the NA server. Everyone played Normal only. But after they introduced Cadet Yuki skin we have both ranked and normal queue alive. And more and more people are coming from normal into ranked, because initially there was only Gold I at the top, now we have Titan IV at the top with every league from Titan to Bronze being filled out with players. These are not dead accounts, these are players who're playing actively for the last month or so.

In KR they long have all the leagues up to Immortal. Almost a third of total accounts have some ranked games on them. Since KR is the oldest and the most established server I suppose every server would eventually come to similar proportion as KR. Right now only 1/14 of the NA accouts have ranked games on them. That means that NA ranked has a long way to grow yet while we know for sure that it is growing. Why am I so focused on Ranked instead of the total player base? As I've said earlier: dedicated players make the game alive.

As a side note, the most successful NA Heroes of the Storm player Kure is now playing more ERBS than HotS.
>>
I believe that one big streamer playing ERBS on a regular basis is enough for the game to kick off. Right now the biggest English speaking streamer we have is Scarra who also plays Apex Legends and has 3.5k-4k viewers online. His viewers not just learned that the game exists, they've seen how he turned from noob to gold player and I'm sure a lot of them actually followed his steps into the game. I believe if someone like Grubby start playing ERBS (he won't, he is too big of a Blizzard fan for that unfortunately), we see some action in the EU at least.
>>
>>262084
>Listen, I never argued that the total playerbase is in decline and that the majority of total playerbase is KR.
>What I'm saying is that it's precisely KR that is responsible for the decline,
Yeah, that is obvious, and that's exactly what I initially stated. Because they are a super majority of the games player base, them droping the game would make the overall player count go down. The developers themselves stated that most of their players come from Korea. My argument was that I don't think the NA player base is growing like you think it is and listed a bunch of references as to why this seems to be the case. For some reason it seemed like this pissed you off so you started arguing about almost every point I brought up that even the developers pointed out.
>the most successful NA Heroes of the Storm player Kure is now playing more ERBS than HotS.
Uhh okay? A good chunk of your post is basically amount to nothing meaningful.

And I hope you know that many people in
EU just play on NA servers for some reason. If you want proof you can just go to the steam discussion forums and see people talk about this, and the devs confirmed that it does happen. So you supposedly seeing growth on the NA servers doesn't specifically mean more new people are specifically just playing the game. The game isn't region locked, you can join whatever server you want.
>>
>>262084
HotS is a ded game though, unironically so. Is having players jumping from it to anything really a sign of strength?
>>
>>260615
It's not a MOBA. It's a BR in the form of a MOBA.
>>
>>260708
Shoichi is undisputably top tier now wtf?
>>
>>262108
>Is having players jumping from it to anything really a sign of strength?
Yes, because 1) at least some top players are explicitly preferring ERBS among all other options 2) HotS is pretty dead, but beating HotS both in popularity and by luring its top players in is a huge landmark for a new game.
>>
>>262440
Even despite how "dead" HotS is, it is still more popular then this game in the west. If you try arguing otherwise you're delusional.
>>
>>262501
>it is still more popular then this game in the west
Maybe, but they are pretty close right now in NA. Also, AFAIK HotS isn't at the all time bottom right now. It wasn't me who called Hots a "ded" game originally. I try to avoid such statements.
>>
>>262601
>maybe
There is no maybe, it's more popular in the west. Even just looking at Twitch it's obvious that HotS is more popular in the west. BS has more overall views but most of those come from HK, KR, and some JP streams. Filtering to english only shows that HotS has noticeably more viewers. The same goes for youtube video uploads and streams.
>>
File: 1602392175394.gif (280 KB, 128x128)
280 KB
280 KB GIF
>that one retard that makes you waste time early
>keeps chasing you and hitting you doing no damage
>its always a Luke
>>
>>262711
I do this too though, I can't not hit someone just walking by
>>
man I don't know how people commit to playing one character for hundreds of games, wish I could bring myself to do it
>>
>>262894
you gotta find that special character man, one that you just love everything about.
I believe in you bro, you'll find it one day
>>
>>262894
Dedication aside, I'm surprised you don't have a character you can just bang out multiple games on no problem day after day. Like I only play 1 character in ranked but that's mostly due to a mix of comfort, favoritism and general character strength. Normals however are a completely different story, like I play whichever character I feel like playing that day and just that character the entire day.
>>
File: 1351270793031.jpg (76 KB, 302x405)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>262806
If you hit someone while passing by sure thats fine, but if you look for a fight at lvl 2-3 and keep being a pest for the sake of wasting time I hope you get raped when the person turns around and a third party comes by
>>
>>262711
I tap people one or two times when they walk by in the first couple of levels just for the mastery or to deter them from farm assuming I have what I need from that area and am just moving through.
>>
This game is cool. I like playing with aya. I can't get a duo or squad match in normal at very late at night thru morning (south american). Apparently I'll be able to in ranked though, there are streamers playing it
>>
File: 1616384764430.jpg (66 KB, 359x347)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>262711
I hope Luke gets his early game gutted like a dirty fish. Having this literal janny try to run me down every time I have the audacity to be in the same second zone as him is getting so old. Even though he probably only kills me like 30% of the time its still ungodly annoying to deal with. Cathy and Jackie both ate nerfs for doing exactly the same thing, not sure why the devs are leaving him alone.
>>
There's not much to spend real money on ERBS is there? Why don't they make sexy skins and charge a fortune for them? Surely a bunch of autist coomerbrains would buy them
>>
>>263148
Probably not too big a priority compared to converting all the characters into the game and it's not like the few skins we have don't have their own appeal. Granted I'm not sure when the next skins drops/who the next skin is for after yuki's ranked reward and it doesn't look like they've released any concept art for the next skin yet.
>>
>>263123
its all the janny has going for him, don't forget that he does it for free
>>
>>262625
Yes, but notice how I said "NA" instead of "West". More than half of HotS viewers are Grubby and Khaldor, one from Netherlands, the other is German. HotS have at least as much presence in EU as in Americas. ERBS on the other hand is close to non-existent in EU, but it's doing fine in the US.
>>
>>263148
All 4 skins they released are pretty awesome and the Yuki skin for Gold would be fantastic. I'm wondering myself why there are prioritizing new characters instead of new skins. There are already enough characters in the game for all purposes. Skins on the other hand directly bring money to devs, also skins give the game polish. I don't mind anyway since the game is still in the early access, but I really can't get the idea behind "we need all 40 characters from the original Black Survival before release". Why do you need them? What % of competitive desktop game player base even cares what was in the original mobile game?
>>
>>263148
Dripwoo is fantastic, what are you talking about
>>
Speaking of skins, I know we only have the concept art so far but thoughts on the yuki skin?
>>
File: Brokenwoo.png (413 KB, 760x1700)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
I'm gonna be honest, Hyunwoo needs some nerfs.
>>
>>263338
>normal games
im sure that's where the devs are looking for game balance insights
>>
File: 355487054@2x.png (40 KB, 370x320)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>263355
>playing ranked
>ever
>>
File: 143214123412.png (116 KB, 250x250)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>260433
im giving it a go, it better be good
>>
File: 1593884334330.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>263148
they're much more interested in adding characters to the game and I can appreciate that cause new characters interest me a lot more than skins. they give skins a rarity tier and the current ones and likely these upcoming ones are all listed as uncommon in the future there will be higher tier skins that are more extravagant or revealing if that's what you want. I think with their original plans they weren't even going to have skins at this point, but the community asked about it so they moved them up on priority

>>263156
guess people missed this but they did show off an upcoming skin on a stream, picture quality isn't that great due to being a stream screenshot

>>263280
I like it, I usually stay away from ranked modes but that was a decent enough motivator to give it a shot
>>
>>263449
Oh Hart gets a skin next? Nice, rely dig the style although I'm not quite sold on the fishnet stockings covering the exposed parts of the ripped jeans.
>>
how do you people grind ranked without just getting sick of the game? personally stressing over gaining ranked points takes a lot of the fun out of the game but im curious about the appeal from the other side
>>
>>263444
It's not.
>>
>>263718
>grind ranked
i only play normals and have fun
>>
>>263718
I kinda understand you. However 1) once you achieve you goal you feel awesome 2) at any point you can forget about the grind and just play for fun. The thought that nobody is forcing you to grind and you are actually free to do whatever you want helps to deal with the stress immensely.
>>
>>
>>263718
Played only until gold so it wasn't so bad(~40 games). It was basically just playing normally for me aside from being kinda locked to 1 character since I haven't found anyone else I do well with. And yeah getting taken out early sucks since it drains quite a bit of LP but your popoff games tend to at least double that in terms of points gain. Honestly felt like as long you're able to consistently not die until at the very least half the competition is dead, you should be trending upwards.
>>
>>263774
Glacial Shoes are dog shit on this build.
>>
>>263883
I think that's the point
None of these items really synergize with each other, except the attack speed, I guess
>>
>>263883
I was making a Luke route that doesn't go factory/chapel/uptown, just nothing from the southern part of the map, and no statue because it's dogshit. I found out i can go Pond>Avenue>Hotel>Forest>School, but couldn't get any fucking shoes on route, so I went "fuck it, we're contesting first tree for glacials"
>>
File: shrugygirl.jpg (39 KB, 563x620)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>262625
Not him but then HotS truly is dead considering SMITE got this game beat in the charts. DayZ too too for that matter, people are just getting their MOBA and BR fix elsewhere and this game keeps losing money because they wanna please their Chinese overlords and don't give a shit about the west.
>>
File: the-skeleton-king-800.jpg (111 KB, 800x778)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>264149
>HotS truly is dead
you cannot kill that which has no life
>>
File: 1616143063222.jpg (31 KB, 660x574)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>Not playing ranked
Why wouldn't you play ranked?
>>
File: fuckme.png (32 KB, 378x459)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>264305
i am eu cuck
>>
Patch Notes
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/3030332860937096732

Rapiers nerfed? Silvia nerfed again?
>>
File: 1614203111671.jpg (33 KB, 490x474)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>264405
>Axes nerfed again
>>
>>263273
West includes NA., HotS is still more popular in both regions, EU or NA.
>>
>>264405
>>264410
why do they hate axes
>>
>>264469
Because axes only good for griefing.
>>
Lukeniggers belong in camps.
>>
>>264659
are they bad later in the game? its the most appealing jackie weapon to me
>>
File: FUCK LUKE.png (75 KB, 360x257)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>264684
I have to let go of my love for Jackie, Cathy is finally clicking for me. She's a lot more fluid despite not being as slippery.

>>264689
They're bad period. They're supposed to be strong early and one of their advantages is supposed to be that they're easy to build, but they're no easier to assemble than other weapons outside of Parashu and they come with so many downsides. They slow you down, they have no attack speed growth, the weapon skill is the worst in the game, and the axes themselves aren't impressive. The problem with the axe weapon skill is that by the time the steroid is able to actually make a difference, you either should be running or you're dead anyway.
>>
So anyone expect Bernice to shake up ranked? I know one dude was playing just Adela while I was climbing to gold and he's still climbing through gold last I checked but I didn't see anyone else except him play Adela so I'm not exactly certain I'll see much of Bernice either
>>
>>265279
I think week 2 Bernice will see more play than week 2 Adela, but I'm not expecting a lot of him in lobbies.
>>
>>265428
Agreed. Wasn't gutted as hard as Adela, but they hit his bullshit cc chain and nerfed his most popular weapon. Now to see what clearly untested bullshit character they release next week.
>>
Announced Zahir skin is beyond awesome and Fiora is also super good. Hart and Xiukai are OK, Emma is kinda unimpressive.
>>
>>265451
I'm fine with the way they do things because at least they have the sense to ban them from ranked early instead of going the League of Legends route where everything is just fair game and it takes a ban away from players in ranked lobbies for the next month
>>
>>265454
Yeah that Zahir skin is really nice. I've been having some good fun with him lately, if I'm still playing him when it comes out I can definitely see myself getting it. I think the other skins are pretty good too, the Zahir one just stands out the most for me kinda like how Hyunwoo's skin stood out the most for me in the last batch though I didn't end up getting that even though I was playing Hyun a fair amount when it released.
Here's the link for anyone else that might've missed it https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/3030332860937110789?l=english
>>
Fuck solos.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (74 KB, 500x500)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Fellow gamers, I just scored my first Victory Royale as skill amp Aya. I found her W to be great for grief potential early game, I blasted a lot of fools to death early. I managed to get to level 10 in day 1 I think
>>
>>265644
Yeah, I'm shocked there are players who can't dodge Aya's W and R.
>>
>>265644
good job anon! i also am a big fan of attacking people early.

>>265649
whats a good way to dodge the R if im not playing a character with good mobility?
>>
>>265657
Literally click outside the circle
>>
holy shit adela is so incredibly fun you wouldn't believe
>>
>>265657
Using any other boots besides White Rhinos gives you enough mobility.
>>
>>265697
I feel you bro, I almost never win with her, but the sounds of her chess pieces, and the way everything turns into a bouncy mess is fucking FUN
>>
File: adelamylove.png (168 KB, 514x800)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>265732
>>
>>265762
How is she in squads? I have no friends, so I only get to play her in solo
>>
>>265762
Anon... I feel like you're being carried
>>
>>265780
super strong. if you can hit your abilities and combo correctly, you can nearly oneshot an entire team
>>265807
im playing with my friends that are just starting, most of the time im just helping them learn the game
>>
Do you guys play with the english voices? Too lazy to switch out but I find it pretty hit or miss. Like Yuki's english VA is practically a perfect fit, and Chiara's is cute but then I get to Hyunwoo and Isol who are mostly okay but something is off with their delivery of some lines.
>>
>>266270
I've only played with English voices so far, and I can somewhat feel what you're talking about.
I'm also not very surprised though, considering the assumed smallness of their company
>>
>>266279
It's honestly not that bad, and is overall pretty solid which I guess makes the outliers stand out more. I've heard worse VAs in other small dev team MOBA games before so actually having maybe about half the cast with voiced decently is already a good start in my book. Hyejin still sounds weirdly too old/mature though considering shes supposed to be in high school like Hyunwoo and Yuki
>>
>>266279
Couldn't stand it, switched to Japanese immediately, maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker so I have a lower tolerance for "cute" English anime boy/girl voices who knows but they all sounded "off" to me when looking at a character, couldn't quite place my finger on it.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/eternalreturn/comments/mcs4t6/preseason_season_2_information_dev_letter/
>Looting system improvements
>Awareness improvement for full inventory and items that can be disregarded
>UX improvement for targeted items on the right side of the screen
>Independent friend and message system
>Solo mode: multiple safety zones will be implemented (Final zone rework)
>Overlap of terminated players and animals will be improved
>Players will have target priority
>Legendary item and item skills will be added
>2 skins per patch
>merging character selection with weapon and route selection into one
>revamping damage formula and air drops
>replay system
>voice chat
a bunch of other stuff as well, season 2 looks promising so far
>>
>>266462
Neat, sounds like a lot of major changes. Not sure how I feel about character/route selection getting merged probably a better/more consistent idea if they do drop the blind pick alongside it but I will miss the kind of imbalanced lobbies if they do. Camera zoom being fixed and no longer tied to vision range feels like it could impact some things too. same thing for the QoL of team routes. Also wonder who they'd choose as the new default character alongside the improved tutorial if not Jackie/Aya. Who would people even consider the most balanced (in terms of playstyle not strength) character anyway?

Also not that I'm particularly picky, but why not link straight to the steam news page?
>>
File: 1586509295002.png (688 KB, 500x496)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
>>266462
>reddit
>>
>>266470
wouldnt have to take info from there if this thread had more than 3 people posting in here
>>
File: 2434053434.png (109 KB, 486x580)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>266468
cause im retarded and copied the wrong link, and went on the defensive against another anon because of it
>>
>>266270
I started the game with English VAs, but Ayaya’s lines in the tutorial were super annoying and repetitive so I switched to Korean
I only ever switch back to English to hear what a new character’s voice sounds like
>>
>>266736
Fair enough. Repetitiveness is probably my biggest issue with this game's voice overs. Like it gets kinda silly that a character keeps commenting over the same dead body they've stumbled over multiple times. Really wish there was an option to tone down the frequency of voice lines.
>>
>>266270
I use english voices, hyun might have a slight lisp. I don't play isol so can't comment on much of his voicelines, but I think the ones he says when he's using his skills sound alright. In general I like the voice acting enough to say that I have no intention of switching off of english.
>>
I'm the guy who argued in this thread that the game was doing well. I take back everything I said. The game is dead, there is no future for it so no point in investing time now. 1.5k viewers on Twitch right now down from 4.5k just a week ago. It's consistently below everything relatively alive, even below HotS now. Was stupid for trying to argue. The game is 100% dead, don't be even more stupid than me and try to defy it.
>>
I'm not retarded so I don't care about early access player numbers
>>
>>267611
A lot of games never make it out of early access.
>>
File: Done.jpg (84 KB, 659x876)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Getting real fucking tired of Rozzi
>>
Is it the same servers or have they opened new regions?
>>
File: 88301811_p0_master1200.jpg (548 KB, 681x1200)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
Why is she so perfect /v/ros?
>>
File: 67112719_p0_master1200.jpg (295 KB, 900x972)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>266270
As Adriana main, I say eng VA for her isn't half bad, but JP and KR VAs killed it with crazy laughs and noises they make.
>>
>>268010
They have Seoul, Hong Kong, Ohio, Frankfurt, and Sao Paulo servers. Don't know if any of those are new
>>
>>268059
her skills are fun, but I wish she had another weapon in addition to pistol. I know pistol is strong but I just can't seem to get a route down for them that I like
>>
File: 1610565449987.jpg (50 KB, 433x469)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>266736
>"It wouldn't be so lonely if people were here"
>>
>>268059
Tomboy milkies
>>
>>268318
According to the fankit, she’s getting <spoiler>Glove</spoiler> at some point
>>
>>268964
Fml i messed up the spoiler tags
>>
File: Untitled.png (787 KB, 1057x661)
787 KB
787 KB PNG
Photos taken Seconds before Disaster
This was my third promo game I'm fucking furious
>>
>>269004
FIRST ATTACK MUST WIN
>>
>>268965
I can't believe people still not know this but you can easily black text with short cut ctrl+S
>>
>>269116
I know but I was phoneposting
I think I used the <> by accident because I’ve been working with css recently
>>
How do you guys decide when it's time to start taking fights? Like I usually wait until I get my full build + food unless a juicy 3rd party situation happens or after assessing that I have a reasonable chance of winning with weapon + boots when someone tries to engage me. I realize though that it's kinda slow since anywhere from a third to half the lobby is dead by the time I'm ready and it's hard to find equalish fights so I resort to going PVE until final zone. Granted it means I don't die early most of the time but I'm still at a massive mastery disadvantage against the kill leaders in the final zone and I have to play for second/team on them.
>>
>>269603
1) You can TAB and see the build and mastery of any player you see. Always check that before hard engage.
2) Usually you know whether your timing is good or bad. If you feel your timing is behind schedule probably every enemy you see is stronger than you. Just rat and try to go only for weak players you see through scanner. If on the other hand you feel like you're ahead of schedule, probably you can kill anyone.
>>
>>269603
- Left click people when you see them, look at their items and mastery
- Being up on someone in levels in general can be a good indicator sometimes, not always
- Knowing your character and their power spikes
>>
>>269724
>>269749
I see, thanks. Guess I need more familiarity with the flow of the game/power spikes then.
>>
File: 87818429_p0_master1200.jpg (416 KB, 713x950)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
cute and funny!
>>
>>270818
I can't help but imagine a Q on her tattoo there.
What has /pol/ browsing done to me /v/ros?
>>
File: Skeledon.jpg (22 KB, 480x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>270824
Bruh
>>
File: EbVEGCeU8AA-_sW.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Alright /vm/, I want your memest builds and theorycraft builds because I just hit gold in ranked and it's time to play normals again!
>>
File: 88081472_p0_master1200.jpg (599 KB, 678x1200)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
CHYNA
>>
File: brrrr.jpg (415 KB, 705x940)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>268476
correct answer
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/3008941395577230134
Spotlight for barbara is out. Overclock seems interesting, wonder if it will work on a charge system and be 1 charge per skill enhanced or if it enhances all skills for a duration.
>>
Barbara’s 3D model and skill preview (>>271303) are out
>>
>>271303
she looks really cool, I would assume its a one skill enhance, otherwise it would be kinda wild
>>
>>271303
I'm actually a little surprised they gave her bat instead of hammer so magnus isn't alone on hammer anymore
>>
>>271303
I'm a sucker for turret characters in games so I'll definitely give her a shot. Because of the way the laser skill works during Overclock I feel like it might be all skills are enhanced for a duration.

>>271378
When I first saw her concept art I was expecting hammer too, but looking at their schedule they're planning on releasing another hammer character next month so I guess they don't want to do two hammer releases so close together. I'm worried about her build, looks like a skill amp character to me, and currently bat has 1 skill amp weapon which is a 3 zoner that needs a lighter.
>>
>>271444
I think i'll wait to see how her numbers scale before looking too much at her build. The turret does say it scales based on level, and its HP off of hers so I'm wondering if a HP focused build with only some skill amp or AD would work too, although i guess the question at that point is how durable the little guy is in the first place
>>
File: aya.png (249 KB, 403x404)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
I bought her skin and just now I figured how STACKED she is. I think they're bigger than Rozzi's
>>
>>271378
I mean it can be added later right? It has happened before and data mines show characters with 1 weapon are confirmed to get 2nd weapon down the line. Adela gets bat next btw
>>
Anyone wanna play squads?
>>
>>272097
Depends, are you a Luke main?
>>
>>272220
Yuki...
>>
Patch notes are up https://playeternalreturn.com/patch-notes/0-29-0/
>>
>>272442
This gamer speech really cringes me out
Aya being able to E during her W is pretty game changing for her
>>
File: madeit.jpg (122 KB, 1602x932)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
bros... I made it.
>>
>Try a longer build
Gets killed on day 1
>Try a shorter build
Don't find anyone until mid game

This is getting old
>>
>>272442
>Crown
>Recipe: Circlet + Gold Beret + Gold
well that changes a lot of builds for me

>>272505
good job
>>
>>272442
Amp Hart eats 5 simultaneous nerfs. At least I got gold with it while it was viable. Gutting a character build because of a few top players using it is such a gook maneuver.
>>
File: 1527004273927.png (43 KB, 450x250)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Started yesterday, how long did it take oyu guys to get lvl 20?
I played 38 games with 2 wins am only lvl 13, feels like it's gonna take forever.

This game is extremely fun though, seems to have good potential.
>>
Any glimpses at interesting first day barb builds? Just running a modified tank/spell amp Chiara 6-zone build(funnily enough matches up fine even replacing weapon and helm), while people figure her out. Feels far too slow though especially when i'm competing with half the lobby for the same gear. Not sure if tanky spell amp is the way to go either, like I somehow eeked out a win in a long extended fight against an enad Hart that was for sure ahead of me as the final two remaining but the turret shots didn't feel like they were doing that much unless they got laser charged and it was dying way too fast as well. EOD/spy umbrella also doesn't support her sp enough like mist/EOD does for chiara so it's a little hard to be a spammy caster too. Might look into an actual bat build for soteria path and not the jank I was doing.

>>273109
I legitimately don't remember when I hit lvl 20, I think between the dailies and the amount I played it just kinda flew by. I'm only at 120 normal games so far at level 29 but I know at least 40 of those came AFTER I unlocked ranked, so it shouldn't take you more than 80 games give or take and you can just take your time since we're at pre-season anyway.
>>
>>273109
For me it took about a week without playing every day
You should try playing with friends it's a lot of fun
>>
File: 1586935771987.jpg (140 KB, 1146x674)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
I think Barbra might be the weakest of the recently released characters, not to say that she's bad just that people say everyone's OP on release and I don't really get that feeling from her.

The sentry mostly gets used to extend the range of the laser. Originally when I first gave her skills a quick look over I was expecting laser to be the last thing I'd max since it's cooldown and slow didn't scale with levels, but after playing her some it seems to be the most important part of her kit. The cyclone can do some decent damage, but I find it difficult utilize its damage so it's been functioning as a fairly weak speedboost for me. Overclocking the laser has been my best option so far and I feel like most of her kill potential is reliant on that. I won a game with the laser focused playstyle, so now I'll go back to trying more sentry focused things

>>273342
I've been using this route, or something close to it depending on people's starting zones. Probably not an amazing route for her as the damage is fairly lacking, but it's one I'm used to since I run something fairly similar to this on Zahir.
>>
>>273715
Barbara is carried solely by ult-laser being totally cracked and turret able to block key skillshots and some ults (li dailin, magnus)

Not a fan of a lot of the changes this patch, especially the huge Hart nerfs and buffs to movespeed on RNG items. Lots of questionable balance decisions being made, not sure what metrics they are balancing by but it can and will kill the game if they are basing every patch on the top 1% of (korean) players while low rank lobbies are being ran by Lukes and Cathie's. Average player can only get pubstomped so many times before they quit.
>>
File: Magnus hits 6.png (1.04 MB, 812x546)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>Devs randomly change materials for crown
>Needs fucking scissors
>Have to reroute all my amp routes through zones with early scissors because they're contested as shit
What the fuck is this shit man? Do they just want to funnel every amp build in the game through school? It's already a hot zone early game and now its even worse
>>
>>274947
>Do they just want to funnel every amp build in the game through school?
yes, that's why i avoid that shit, school and chapel are the best turbo grief places and i try to either start there or never set place there early
>>
File: 7318231.png (657 KB, 1186x409)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
A little over half the cast of the first game is already in with a lot more confirmed by stuff in the fan kit or model leaks. Hopefully a larger roster will mean less games with 5 Rozzis, Lukes, Yukis and Cathys.
>>
>>275079
I get the feeling people will still latch on to the strong/pubstomper characters and multiple in a lobby will still be common. Like I think what's most likely to shake the meta would be hacking bundled with JP.

Also
>30-year old korean priest Hand mastery
what
>>
>>275079
I'm sad that hot Japanese white haired archer chick is still unconfirmed. It seems they can't think of archer skill set different to Nadine's. In the original game she literally had 1 skill only.
>>
>>275187
Averse, is that you?
>>
>>275677
Averse's waifu is Hyejin, what are you talking about? I doubt he even knows about Rio.
>>
>>275079
>Eva voices already in game.
I hope I can adapt to her playstyle, she is really pretty.
>>
>>275688
He said he wants Rio to be ported over multiple times.
>>
>>275079
Jan port would be cool but they might hold him off since he'd be similar to Hyunwoo and Luke
>>
>>275079
I skimmed through assets and couldn't find any of these voice lines for these characters. Does confirmed via voice lines mean that they are mentioned in other characters' voice lines?
>>
Thoughts on the new final zone mechanics? I kinda miss the rampant opportunism that was present before but I do like the idea of thinning the crowd before the final shitshow
>>
>>276376
Yeah, through existing characters’ voice lines; before his release, we knew Bernice was coming because Silvia mentioned him in one of her taunts
>>
>>277516
They kinda suck hope they get reverted. I see a bunch of streamers complaining about them too.
>>
Be honest, how supported will this game be in english?
>>
>>278008
Probably quite well, as popularity has been apparently picking up in the US.
It already has English voice lines, and everything is translated.
>>
>>277516
It kinda sucks but can't tell if it's worse than being teamed on. Gotta plat more games
>>
>>260433
i love this game but i cant stand waiting 15-30 minutes everytime i want to play a game OR play on 150 ms in US servers. (brazil is the neareast server ive got and no one plays here because of this)
>>
File: meme.webm (2.83 MB, 832x510)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>Solos 1v1 versus a CathyGod
>He drops a legendary hat and chest-piece for me
>and a million baked potatoes
Well that was fun
>>
>>278379
Brazil server has a lot of people between 12:00 and 18:00 (UTC−3)
t. Brazilian
>>
Is being able to see if tree of life is available from far away by pressing Y intended or not?
If it is they could just as well tell you on the map. It's so annoying
>>
>>278916
Post his and your build, that Cathy was beefy.
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/3005564330507532207

Patch notes, RIP Xiukai might need to move out of pond soon
>>
I haven't played since Adela released, what's changed?
>>
>>279710
Adela is shit now. Bernice and Barbara got released.
>>
>>279710
Peak online shrunk to 11k. Ranked is dead, everyone back to normal.
>>
>Already behind in terms of build/looting pace
>Yoinked a VF blood off someone's corpse during a chaotic scramble I stumbled into
>Craft an armor piece I'm missing using said blood
>Realize the recipe was using a crucial component for my weapon, so now even more behind
Goddamit, it should be illegal to be this stupid. How the hell did i manage to still place 2nd despite having to re-loot areas and why the hell haven't I picked up either of the infinite scaling characters when apparently I make a good rat. Not like I didn't run into anyone either, I got jumped by the lobby winner twice while I was still making my damn weapon.
>>
>>280039
Imagine crafting Queen of Hearts before getting your weapon, lol.
>>
>>280039
Why did you put two VF blood samples in your build in the first place?
>>
>>280408
It's hard being retarded,

>>280431
I don't have any rng items in my regular build(unless you count leathers), just that I rarely get VF bloods and to a lesser extent force cores so I can never remember recipes
>>
>>280039
Matchmaking in this game is weird. At first I got noobs like me but after a while I could only get metalords. I can't win a solo match for shit now. The majority of matches is 1) I kill 1-2 people, 2) sweaty gamer with meta character kills me. I like playing with teams better because theres more variety and characters that aren't good on solo can truly shine
>>
If I'm playing Duo Yuki should I level my passive or do it last? It only restores cufflinks outside of combat right?
>>
>>279504
I forgot to check the aftergame stats for the Cathy, but I was kind of memeing around with a bunch of mithril pieces and a bloodwing knuckle.
>>
File: 1617582466194.jpg (118 KB, 692x629)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
If Alex has access to all weapons like he did before this next release is gonna be the wild west
>>
>>281303
Electron Blaster has the best stats overall and one of the best weapon skills.
>>
>>281303
Datamines confirmed that he uses 4 weapon types only. So he probably doesn't use all weapons in this game Sadge. But maybe he has a ability that will allow him to use all weapon skills. Maybe if he has blue or higher weapon his inventory he can use that weapon's ability or something.
>>
File: file.png (382 KB, 1546x432)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
Hyunwoo needs some nerfs. I play very sporadically and can smoothbrain my way into a win with little to no effort, as long as the last guy doesn't have Wick. Ignore the amp Lule.
>>
They need to release seasons sooner. My friends don't want to keep doing normal matches
>>
>>283655
Tell your friends to eat shit, a month honestly isn't that long compared to some other games
>>
China has sided with the forces of anime.
1 billion soldiers have been added to our ranks.

FORWARD
>>
>>284277
Donghua is like anime, but Chinese and with BL.
>>
>>284277
>>284631
based china ruining everything they touch. Maybe I won't be addicted to animus anymore after CHYNA ruins it.
>>
Alex preview is out: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/3100140557225719904
Time to learn how to sideroute multiple weapons
>>
>>285578
Here’s Alex’s 3D model
>>
>>285578
Weapon hotswap is back
>>
File: Cadet Yuki.webm (2.87 MB, 1920x1080)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
Can't say it's on the same level as dripwoo or band leader hart but I kinda dig cadet yuki
>>
Patch (and Alex) are out (and have been for a while now): https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/3100140557229320462
It's not sounding like he's actually that good, though. RIP
>>
Alex seems cool, but I imagine most people are just going to play him as a pure pistol character
>>
>>287494
>band leader hart
that skin sucks. Cadet yuki looks better
>>
>>287669
You obviously haven't played him yet
>>
File: 1546022485307.jpg (29 KB, 540x443)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>Bought Alex because new character hype but he's too big brain for me to play
>>
>>287984
More like he's terrible, wait for buffs next week
>>
>>287984
>>287989
This. Way too complex, and hes shit
>>
File: 312317345.jpg (94 KB, 298x403)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>Needs to build 7 items but only has room for 6 in plan
>All of Alex's self peeling tools are on his melee kit instead of his ranged one where he actually needs them
>Ult does almost nothing without spell amp
>Ult cd is also absolutely huge, one of if not the longest in the entire game
>Rest of kit doesn't do shit with spell amp so building it sucks
>Damage is pretty shit all across the board
>Invisibility detection range is so huge it does almost nothing
>If you have any DOTs on you the weapon swap on E doesn't work (Jackie, Cathy, Lenox, Wick, Wick buff, Chiara ult, and Adriana fires completely lock him out of his secondary weapon)
>Only have literal 1 second to swap or you're not getting it
>One of the squishiest and easiest characters to rush and cheese early in the game
>Struggles to kill animals early for leather
>Even when he's going off he's about as good as your usual 2H Yuki or Silvia
Initial impression is he needs QoL changes immediately. There's a good character buried in this mess but right now you need to jump through too many hoops to get there.
>>
>>288165
Just give him a unique 7th inventory slot where he can only keep his second weapon, that will be a huge help.
>>
>>287984
nah he's just shit.
>>
File: 1602966030275.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
Now it's time to learn how to play Yuki
>>
>>288552
Will this skin get put in the shop eventually or is it only a ranked reward?
>>
>Black Survival
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>288747
can't recall seeing anything from a dev saying there's a chance it'll be purchasable one day. never say never, but for the foreseeable future I don't see it going into the shop
>>
>>288753
See how there isn't a single black person in the game? They didn't survive.
>>
>>288552
Oh shit is season 1 is over? Did I miss my chance?
>>
>>288992
Good morning! It's been over for 2 weeks already.
>>
>>288747
I think cadet skins are ranked reward only with no way of getting them anymore. OGBS ranked reward skins were never put on shops.
>>
>>288905
What is Cathy. And there are more black characters in OGBS.
>>
>>289843
>Cathy
>black
Nigga wut
>>
File: Cathy OGBS.png (1.56 MB, 1168x2746)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>290240
Yes. It's not as apparent in ERBS but in OGBS it was very obvious.
>>
>>291726
ERBS Cathy> OGBS Cathy.
>>
>>292306
Name a single character that was better in the ORBS than in ERBS. Protip: you can't.
>>
>>292306
I don't disagree with that

>>292330
Li Dailin 100%
Bernice and his beard
Silvia had a nice outfit and I wouldn't mind it as a skin
Adela
L
>>
>>292330
Lenox, Adriana, Bernice, while not released I prefer Sua and Eva seems hard to best.
>>
>>293208
What's with all the Sua faggotry? She looks like shit is batshit insane. Yet people pretend that she is the most "normal" of test subject, wtf.
>>
>>290240
Cathy just suffers from gooks not knowing how to draw black features. She is canonically black.
>>
Eleven confirmed
>>
>>294521
give me the 900 hp burger
>>
>>294521
Following roadmap she comes at the end of May, and there is two chars planned for June, take your picks.
>>
Any good build for Barbara?
>>
>>294850
Rio and Nathapon.
>>
File: Charles.png (328 KB, 630x778)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>294521
>Mukbang Girl
Okay I guess
>>
>>294850
Mai and Eva hopefully.
>>
Rio confirmed
>>
>>295466
Let's add another to this >>292330
BS Rio> ER Rio but barely you could say tie if you want.
>>
>>262711
Strategos, what are you doing outside of your containment thread?
>>
Barbara doesnt look fun to play.
Is she not?
>>
File: rio.png (3.76 MB, 3000x4983)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB PNG
>>295560
Yes, I agree on Rio. Somehow her face and her head in general looks less round in this renders than in OGBS. Also gray uniform is better. She now look less noble and more bitchy.
>>
File: Barbara_ERBS.png (1.57 MB, 1036x2400)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>295882
>Get jumped by a Jackie two levels on me (I'm only level 9)
>Kill her ass 1v1 with no outside interference
Barbara is hilarious. People seethe about her RW but so far I find her RQ more useful.

>>295908
>>295560
>>295466
I actually really dig this take on Rio, I like the jacket and other accessories. Good color choices.
>>
>>296025
i did a few game with her and the lack of movement option is a real turn down.
I had a fun game with her tho
>Spent the whole game being harassed by a Zahir
>Two shot him in the final area
>>
>>296135
This is part of the reason why I think her RQ is underrated. Most of the buzz is about RW but being able to reposition, drop a new turret, and detonate the old one is pretty good. W is already spammable as is so the utility afforded by RQ feels a lot more meaningful.
>>
>>260433
Is this wannabe LoL fun tho?
>>
>>296345
yes until you run into a full cooldown reduction emma and hang yourself on the ceiling it's much better when you don't need to worry about your teammates sucking dick
>>
>>296350
It's much worse when you have to deal with yourself sucking dick without the opportunity to blame your teammates.
>>
William confirmed
>>
>>295466
>>296601
Guess that's it for June, please July bring me my Eva.
>>
Does this game do that thing mobile pubg does where it sticks you in bot lobbies for the first N games?
Got over my anxiety enough to play a round and it was piss-easy, came first
>>
>>296350
>tfw you cant play emma because of her meme ace of spade tatoo
>>
>>296666
>Does this game do that thing mobile pubg does where it sticks you in bot lobbies for the first N games?
yes
>>
Nicky confirmed
>>
>>297382
Wow, she's cute as fuck too bad she'd kick my ass for saying that
>>
>>297382
ER Nicky>BS Nicky. Looks tall compared to her counterpart and they made her cuter
>>
>>295882
I just saw a barbara player outplay everyone in a solo tourney (Brazil)
>>
>>297652
i'm interested on how he played
>>
>>297652
Got a link?
>>
a 7 kills game lost to a right clicking AR aya rip
>>
Magnus confirmed for having the drip
>>
>>262711
This helps you build mastery, always trade blows.
>>
>>298277
Magnus be STYLIN, look at that gold plated bike
>>
>>298277
>Golden golf club weapon
That's so extra but I kind of love it
>>
so is this game League of Legends?
>>
I will play this game, BUT only if there are playable lolis!
>>
I want the new ranked season to start already so normal games become fun again.
>>
Sua Model + Preview: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1049590/announcements/detail/3059609427962690846
>>
>>298277
wish he had kintoki's sunglasses
>>
>>298512
I kinda like her design but her kit looks a bit boring I dunno.
>>
>>298458
Sisella is underage and Eleven is 17 AFAIK.
>>
>>298512
What is this "unstoppable" status?
>>
>>298603
CC Immunity
>>
>>298618
Does it include stun inmunity?
>>
>>298641
Yep
>>
tfw played this before any metas were established, there wasnt a fuckton of characters, and game was fun

im sure the game is cancer now but back then my Xiukai struck fear into the hearts of many
>>
>>298512
Damn, look at those tatas they could feed an entire nation with them, Quixote hooked me on her so I hope she is fun.
>>
>>298660
Yeah Xiukai is one of the most cancerous characters in the game so there's no need for posturing

>>298512
High quality character design
>>
>>298709
cant wait for swimsuits
Anyway how the fuck do i lenox i feel like i'm doing no damages?
>>
>>298713
Lenox falls off a cliff in terms of damage, farm bad players early and then play for placement. Also, learn to backwards flay.

Pre-crown recipe changes the gameplan was simple, avenuebeachforesthotel got you gleipnir, crown, white crane fan, repaired slippers, and level 6, all in time for the hotel tree spawn. You won the fight against every single character that attended first tree, with only Aya and Adriana being able to both stay alive and keep you from looting it. (Even most NA Adriana's and Aya's would fuck it up and die to you, though.)

At that point with glacials you run through archery and alley to finish up commanders and burnished aegis and aping out on anyone you find that can't easily escape. In the next three minutes after finishing your build your game is over and you play for placements, or learn the smart bomb recipe and goon people.

Post-crown recipe changes everything is the same, except build a moto helm before hotel and complain when you die a tree fight you would've won before, never adapt. Also hit up school before archery.
>>
>>298757
>farm bad players early
how do you even do that without hard cc?
Or you just wait lvl 6 and watch them bleed to death?
>>
>>298791
Lenox is very persistent, unless someone is able to dash/blink over a wall, you can probably run them down. Especially if you force hotel tree every game for glacials movement speed.
Her q can be used while moving, and you'll want to be saving your w/ult for after a backwards e, so none of your spells should lose you distance.
You can cancel most dashes with e, but that's hard and loses you damage. In this clunky kusoge I wouldn't bother holding it, but you can usually get Adriana's and shit on prediction.

>Or you just wait lvl 6 and watch them bleed to death?
All fights pre-6 are decided by weapon rarity, if you're at purple and see someone immobile without, you can usually beat them up in a timely fashion. Just keep in mind that if you're forcing hotel tree you can't afford to spend too much time on shenanigans. Post-6 you can take most fights you find, but the route doesn't have good food so it's punishing when you fuck up. The most important thing to learn is confirming two hits of ult off an e/weapon skill
>>
>>298817
>All fights pre-6 are decided by weapon rarity
Not true. It's almost the opposite to be honest. Of course the weapon rarity is still super important factor, but pre-6 specific is that there are other factors that are at least as important: 1) total number of items (nobody is even close to full build at this levels) 2) food (mocca bread vs grey bread is as big of an advantage as purple weapon vs blue one) 3) who hits level 6 first. To give you an example: Luke with Statue of Soteria (purple weapon) but without the accessory loses to Luke with just Torch (blue weapon) but with Uchiwa. Luke with blue weapon who haven't crafted blue helm yet loses to Luke with grey weapon but with blue helm. Both of my examples are really relevant to Luke gameplay by the way.
>>
>>
>>299147
what sort of style would you call this? Homely? Wintery? Dollish? I cant tell.
>>
>>299152
It's just a children's hanbok I'm pretty sure. It's cultural garb.
>>
>>299152
It's supposed to be winter Hanbok.
>>
>>299055
Yeah, I should've qualified it better. I meant specifically in terms of pursuing early fights yourself as Lenox, where it's about time efficiency of the kill and not survival. Survival isn't as much of a consideration as it is for Luke because she can finesse most early fights, making it unpleasant/impossible to run you down, and there only being shuriken Sissela as a predator in second zone beach.
For Sissela you look at temple spawns at the start of the game to see if there's a chance of them being a wind and fire wheels griefer, and then respect them at beach. They'll be bootless and you have a high redundancy route (only needing mousetraps, a stallion medallion, and turtle shell) so even if they catch you you can get away pretty comfortably.
Of course, if the opposite happens (you get purple weapon before them) you run them down regardless of whether it costs you tree.
>>
>>260433
I do though. It's kinda fun. I'm terrible-casual at it and I'm too old/bored to learn the item meta though :(
>>
>>299055
>Luke
do people really play him for free?
>>
Patch Notes: Sua's Fat Books Edition

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/3059609427966372561

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1049590/view/3059609427966382198
>>
>>299392
how the fuck did emma already got a skin?
>>
>>299396
They were desperate to make maid skin into the game and she was the most suitable for it.
>>
>>299392
>We're adding a new Hyperloop to Factory to spread things out a bit.
Holy shit you can finally teleport out of that gigantic area without getting griefed in Chapel, i can't wait to see the new build paths that will spawn from this change.
>>
>>299392
You can get the whole thing on one page here https://playeternalreturn.com/patch-notes/0-31-0/
>>
>>299427
but hyejin is the most suitable for every skin
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2edGh-51tHE
zahir's skin is labelled as a rare so they're making rare skins now. I wonder if the magnus skin is the second, and if the hyejin skin is supposed to be the third.
>>
>>299431
Other than Sua this is probably the most interesting thing in the patch for me. I'm certain I have a couple builds that will benefit from this, and I'll definitely come up with new ones to utilize it.
>>
>>299486
What's the difference aside from price of a rare and uncommon skins?
>>
>>299576
Based on the video, looks like rare skins will also change ability/particle effects.
>>
>>299577
I see, I haven't bought/played Zahir so I couldn't tell.
>>
File: 93284723.jpg (402 KB, 700x700)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>299392
>More items in the map
>New hyperloop locations
>Squad routing
These devs are great. Every time I check back on this game they've put in new stuff that I wanted to see. Hope they pull out the final zone changes they put in awhile back. Feels very awful
>>
i like rozzi
>>
File: 1570094709801.png (61 KB, 452x351)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
So, whats up with that laboratory or what ever, that zone that is always red. is it supposed to do something? Or maybe a future character will have a mechanic there? Anyone have an insight?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (308 KB, 800x800)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>299952
That's where the cunny characters are kept. If you get inside you get to play with cunny
>>
>>299952
I'm pretty sure its connected to the previous games lore, its also a escape route, when you're backed into a corner and have nothing to loose.
Entire game is based around a test, and that's where they test you from I assume.
>>
>>299952
It will be related to hacking. One of the wincons in the old game was basically hacking the systems on the island so that you could safely get into the Research Center then you can restrict areas on the island, or just blow the fucker up iirc. It's a very, very difficult win condition to achieve and is RNG as fuck. Dunno how it will turn out here.
>>
Patch is done
Sua's EN voice is not really vibing with me, ngl
>>
Weren't we supposed to get Hyunwoo and his skin for playing however many matches? How do I claim that?
>>
>>300133
The moment I heard Jackie's and the Announcer EN voice when I first started I switched off immediately.
>>
fucking patch reseted keybinding
>>
File: 182371.png (1.03 MB, 1034x596)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>275079
Updated this, but take it with a grain of salt. Nicky and Rio were nowhere in voiceline taunts before they hit the roadmap. Nathapon, JP, and Jan have the oldest lines in the fankit that refer to them so they're the most likely characters under development. JP specifically is closely tied to whenever they put in the hacking win condition. Least likely characters are Celine and Johann since they're both brand new to the first game.
>>
>>300232
please god i want celine
>>
>>300232
Is it just me, or did they add more characters to the OBGS in the last few month? I'm almost sure there weren't this many before.
>>
>>300266
Yeah the old game is still going and still has an active playerbase
>>
>>300153
the bell on the top right side of the screen in the main menu should have a red dot on it to indicate that you have mail
>>
>>260433
I do, but the high ping makes it impossible for me to play characters more mechanically heavy than Magnus.
>>
>>300399
where are you from that you cant find a decent server ?
I mean even when EU was dead i could play fine on NA
>>
File: 1606014442179.jpg (22 KB, 640x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>BT Sentry Gun Mk.II HP 150(+Barbara’s maximum HP 21/24/27/30/33%) 150(+Barbara’s maximum HP 12/16/20/24/28%)
Why even have a turret at all at this point?
>>
blacked queen is such a pain in the ass to fight
>>
>>260715
all moba style games have inherent balance issues, it stems from character-dependent player choice
>>
Tell me about Alex, is he high IQ or just a meme?
>>
File: ERBS.webm (2.01 MB, 720x405)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB WEBM
Tfw you get to the final area and there's 3 full teams left.
>>
>>300693
they must've been busy as hell to not deal with you, I feel bad for them.
>>
>>300266
If you are using English wiki as a source, that wiki hasn't been updated in a long time. That wiki still states Nicky as the newest character when 5 more came out after her
>>
>>300828
Those characters are on the wiki too (except Bianca), they just aren't on the character page and you have to search for them or find them on other people's pages.
>>
>>300682
Damage is pretty bad
>>
>>300693
>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kek
>>
File: 74928374.jpg (148 KB, 1200x725)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>300682
Meme. He can get results but you have to work incredibly hard for it. You're better off learning someone else until they make payoff for all the effort you have to put into him worth it. You can achieve the same results you can get on Alex on basically anyone else while sweating 10x less hard. His ult CD is still long, his damage is still mediocre, and his weapon swap is still clunky.
>>
Ngl when I played this game 3 months ago I didn’t like it, it was just a assfaggots battle royal. I came back last month and I’m enjoying what they are doing, I’ve been playing since and the new characters are really interesting and I do enjoy all the nerfs and buffs. And seeing them changing things like loop hole locations, adding more, and spawning more itens in some areas, made me like even more their work. Looks like I’m gonna stay here more than I thought.
>>
Any tips for the whip girl? Any build codes? And how is that passive of hers? I don’t lvl it up because sounds pretty bad, why would I fish in this game
>>
>>301050
fish & chips m8 also carps
>>
>>301050
Lenox has only one viable route that will be contested if there's another one in the lobby, they need to turbobuff Plasma Whip to give her a second build path.
>>
>>301053
Mind sharing some build code?
>>301051
Yeah I know but is that the only thing? So no reason to lvl it up?
>>
>>301062
>>298757
>>
Anyone can post their binding setups and some tips? I'm having trouble attacking/move attacking with ranged characters and end up melee attacking the targets, I come from Dota so I'm not getting used to this kind of priority the game has of walking over attacking.
>>
>>301181
I set up everything except W for quick cast. I main aya for ranked so depending on the character you might not want to quick cast some skills
>>
>>301551
What about auto attacks?
>>
New to the game, is normal matching for NA full of bots or is NA that bad?
>>
>>301583
Your first couple of games will be like that, there is a "new player queue" system.
>>
>>301588
No wonder I kept winning with this build, something about it feels dodgy when a lot of gameplay I saw with her focuses on crown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnSUrxBCUTU
>>
>>301181
Isn't there an attack + move keybind? Personally find it pretty useful
>>
>>301583
I think first 3~4 matches were full of bots. You still get bots after that, but like after 10 matches, it should be all human players.
>>
>>301614
I just started out and only had the very first game full of bots +1 real guy. Full player lobbies now.
>>
>Tried the janny
>He's actually fun to play
Shame he scales bad late game
>>
>>302225
just get monkey king bar
>>
>>302235
i did, i still barely did damages to hyun or might be because it's hyun
>>
>>302240
Hyun is pain in the ass for Luke, especially when he has traps. Still, you're either dead or overfed in the late game as Luke anyway.
>>
Is there a way to copy plans off of player's histories from dak.gg?
Or alternatively, how would I go about replicating what another good player does in terms of approaching game planning?
>>
File: example.png (25 KB, 698x84)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>302600
I think they recently added a feature in dak.gg where the plan ID is listed so you can copy their plan. Pic releated

Not sure if this is what you meant by game planning but you can get huge mileage if you what you can build out of your route (food, inventory management), knowing the best looting areas from your spawn/having an idea of what isn't looted when you arrive to a new zone. There's also making some premade things in case you find Mithril or a second weapon to upgrade (character dependent) with a Force Core/Blood Sample/Meteorite.
>>
File: 7i.png (25 KB, 764x110)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>302654
I can't find what you have, here's what it looks like for me.
>>
>>302695
Odd, maybe it's for plans that are shareable? A personal plan that isn't might not show up.
>>
>>302760
>>302695
Yeah, it's only for plans made public.
>>
FUCK RANGED CHARACTERS
FUCK CASTERS
FUCK COOLDOWN REDUCTION
FUCK SKILL AMP
FUCK ENAD
>>
File: EyB5wyFW8AQkNBM.png (314 KB, 500x500)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
The amount of asspain Barbara continues to cause is fucking unreal and a good chunk of it is from retards that don't even know what she does.
>>
>>302901
Literally just sneeze on her turret.
>>
>>302901
There are many more Sua player than Barbara players in normal lobbies.
>>
>>302901
is she more than a ult+laser spam bot now?
>>
>>302917
But you don't get it man, Barbara can just RW her way through every fight without any nuance whatsoever because people are apparently just sandbags that don't try to fight back.
>>
>your match is ready!
>loading...
>crashes to desktop
thanks
>>
>>303046
Interestingly enough I also start experiencing crashes to desktop after new patch. But they only happen when I'm alt-tabing during loading screen. Still annoying because there weren't any before the patch.
>>
File: kill me.png (20 KB, 500x121)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>303389
yeah it never happened while i wasn't tabbing out, so maybe that's related
in other news, i suffer on the EU with night time queues
>>
>>303412
Night time queues in SA are also bad. I guess the more competitive players that stick around for longer also have better internet connection and live close to the server, good enough to play in NA with 100-120ms ping
>>
>>303412
Wow, never seen that long waiting times in Normal solo queues on EU. Maybe the game is dying out. Or maybe your ELO is just too high. I'm around 2500.

DESU I expected more players coming/returning for Season 2 and Sua, but both seems kinda underwhelming. Sua is broken as hell as usual (Alex was the exception) and seeing 7+ Sua players every game doesn't exactly make people want to play. Ranked is alive, but barely. At higher ranks people are waiting for more than an hour to get into the game. At lower ranks people are hesitant to play because top players haven't yet moved into higher leagues, so you're up against top100 players starting from Bronze I. It's a vicious circle that slows down rank movement tremendously and kills the joy of playing ranked. I just don't know what should be done to make the game more enjoyable and to motivate everyone to play more. Surely, Sua will get balanced eventually, but by that time there would be broken Leon and so on. Barbara is still broken. She also will get balanced eventually of course, but people already getting tired.
>>
>>303469
I think if more big streamers played the game that would give it a lot of publicity. In SA the top ER streamers have less than 50 viewers. But the dollar is so high, buying NP is inviable for the vast majority of south americans. So we aren't really an audience that is going to bring much profit.

Also, I see a lot of top SA players using alt accounts. I think they grind up to the desired rank and play casually on a smurf account.
>>
>can only get win playing the janny in normal game
i should start getting good and play something else
>>
>>303870
If you're running the Mallet build (Uptown->Cemetery->Factory->Chapel->Temple I recommend trying ENAD Fiora build. Basically you run the same route and get almost the same gear: Eighteen Foot Spear, Laurel Wreath, Crusader Armor, Radar, Feather Boots and Veritas Lux Mea. You go to the Forest for the Tree of Life either before or after getting your accessory in Temple. This Fiora build feels almost the same as Mallet Luke except Fiora scales better without relying on Force Core, unlike Luke who really need his MKB in the late game.
>>
>>304052
i already played her a lot before very fun,nowadays you dont see many spear fioras tho dunno why
>>
nathapon the camera guy
https://twitter.com/_EternalReturn_/status/1389143283729764355?s=20
>>
>>304632
that's a big lens he got there
>>
>>304632
>>
>>304632
>>304686
ER = BS.
>>
Nooblet here, was watching korean streamer (no idea about skill level, but was mechanically competent looting/moving etc.) and he started chasing an opponent right after he finished his weapon, and this went on for a whole minute or so.
I understand hitting player gives weapon mastery, but is this gain worth the time setback in build completion? Seemed like a waste of time that early.
>>
>>305187
if the guy streaming finished the weapon, then yeah, it's worth your time. especially if you can predict that they will be on your routing. hitting players gives twice the mastery that hitting animals gets so a long drawn out fight isnt all that bad
>>
>>305187
Need more context. Was he chasing the guy who was on the same build path? If then, that's a loot pinata right there.
>>
50 Hours in.
I guess I have to pick a main eh?
What should I go with? Thinking Emma rn.
>>
>Playing Chiara, get into a fight with a Sua late in the game
>She realize she's about to lose and tries to dash away
>Activate Last Judgment
>This sends her corpse sailing away
That shit was funny as fuck, eat shit whore.
>>
>>305437
Jackie chasing Hyunwoo
>build path
I wouldn't know
>>
>>305504
i'm 200h and i dont have a main anymore, for a long time it was sissela
>>
I really love Jackie's playstyle but it seems players hate her for it. Which melee characters won't get called braindead op?
>>
>>305909
Just play her anyways to make those people seethe.
>>
File: 5600c38ba580bb0923b2.png (8 KB, 400x400)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>305911
Somehow that didn't even occur to me. You're right, fuck those people.
>>
>>305909
Does it matter? Is there even a character people won't hate you for?
>>
>>305932
Magnus, Hyunwoo and Zahir maybe
>>
File: 1619767149837.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>305909
>Caring about what people think of you for playing something
Why? It's a BR game, there's no team or anything that's relying on you to pull your weight. If you like a character there's no reason not to play them.
>>
So how do you win when that one guy dominates the map and it comes down to a 1v1 between you and him, being 6 kills behind?
>>
>>306056
Mines, kick and rush, having tons of food and cameras and luck.
>>
>>305909
If I can play Barbara and have a good time you can play anything.
>>
File: Untitled2.png (2.74 MB, 1920x1080)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>>302901
I wish to present the following clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafObedientOcelotCoolStoryBro-61I7Qs2gtllwttxs
>>
>>306084
Averse played Barbara today since he believes she is OP and got his ass handled to him so badly by Jackie that he tilted really hard. And proclaimed that Jackie is OP as well. To be honest, I feel this game is designed in such a way that no matter who kills you the character would seem to be OP. With snowball and power spike mechanics and a bit of RNG/looting luck there's always somebody who can destroy you without any chance for escape or outplay, unless you are the guy who snowballed. Some characters surely tend to leave stronger impressions of helplessness and total unfairness, but the underlying problem isn't the character design, but the snowball/RNG mechanics in general. And I wouldn't even call that a real problem: it's just how the game works, you can't win every single game, but you can have good stats on the long distance. Tourneys consists of several games as well, so what's the big deal?
>>
>>306169
Averse has been crying about the game for an entire week every day, he's just prone to negativity.
I think it's fine that you can have advantages over other people if you perform well during the game, but it's a matter of degrees. The game should be balanced such that you never feel helpless if you're a bit behind the best performing player in the match.
Luckily, they seem to be thinking about ways to fix this via mastery/xp, if I'm understanding correctly.
>>
File: 65uyh.png (133 KB, 1109x560)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>306178
Relevant patch section
>>
>>306111
>Stand there and eat damage for free
>Die
Yeah that's how Barbara fights go

>>306169
>so what's the big deal?
Every game needs a heel. Barbara is it. Plus Hyejin is (admittedly) a bit tough while Barbara IQ checks the shit out of people (but isn't as linear as people think she is) so let the salt flow I guess
>>
Where does all the discussion for this game happen? Discord?
>>
is this game dead in europe
am i supposed to queue on the amerifat server
>>
>>306203
Queues are dead on EU graveyard hours.
>>
File: 69907465_p9.png (770 KB, 800x820)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
>>306201
I'm in the official discord but it's kind of ass because it's full of lames and circlejerkers. The hatred of this character is also off the fucking charts there. It ain't great but to its credit it's not as wound up as public discords tend to be either and probably because the game is kind of small.
>>
>>306185
the fight is also white weapon barb vs purple weapon yuki
>>
File: Sophomore Barbara.png (3.37 MB, 2500x4669)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB PNG
>>306257
She has Straightjackets, an Uchiwa, and Crown . Yuki had a Hovud and no crit boosting. Not only does she have lifesteal on him, after he blew his load (which was a decent chunk of damage he just stood there and ate shit for it. You aren't going to muscle a character that has another body damaging you at the same time.
>>
>>306253
I see NA streamers have some sort of "inhouse" disc server, I'm assuming since EU is so small we don't have anything like it. Sad
>>
>>306178
>Averse has been crying about the game for an entire week every day
guy literally complains about anything and everything since the beginning of time
>>
>>306289
You must've watched him since the battlerite days kek. He just hates everything
>>
>>306261
OGBS Barbara looks like one of those girls in hentai who gets tricked into having gangbang with the entire football team.
>>
File: 77733085_p0.jpg (447 KB, 756x754)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>306277
Yeah they do have inhouses from time to time. I mean I guess if you hang around familiar faces enough then some sort of camaraderie is expected

>>306310
That is oddly specific. And not quite what I want from her.
>>
Finding this game was a true monkey paw deal for me. It's the first time in many years I'm really enjoying a game so much I can't get enough. But of course it has no playerbase.
>>
>>306277
NA has always been cancer, sucking off youtuber's dicks
>>306351
nowadays it's fine enough
>>
>>306289
god is that where he got his viewers from? I learned his name when I first started learning how to play. if anyone has some good streamers to watch, I'm all ears
>>
>>306253
It's bad because of AMERICANS and the english speaking GMs are fucking disgusting
>>306310
Barbara is BUILT for SHOTA COCK
>>
>>306385
Aesop in particular is particulary bad, i heard some shit about him
>>
>>306387
He looks like a clown for zoomers and circlejerkers and spicing up the patch notes with memes is uncalled for and, dare I say, cringe?
>>
>>306308
>>306371
whoops replied to the wrong post
>>
>>306387
Aesop was saying on his stream with Scaz that he's basically developing the whole game. I'm not sure if he was trolling. I have deep respect for the actual developers of this game whoever they are, because despite all the problems, it's kinda miraculous that the small indie company actually managed to release a competitive battle royal moba and make it work.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q77lOvJG2f4
They posted a new video with the concept arts for some upcoming skins
>>
>>306495
I think it's finally time to invest some money into the game. Too many awesome skins to ignore. Hope they continue to release epic skins like these instead of swimsuits and more clownish ones they have in the original game.
>>
Here's a bad idea that would feel great for me personally: have an option to reserve 2 item slots that automatically swap in your best food/drink so you don't have to play inventory tetris and can press your muscle memory button for it even if you just picked up the food without looking where it went to.
>>
>>306489
usually GMs are not devs in games but who knows
>>
>>306489
>>306636
>said Travis “Aesop” Walton, Nimble Neuron Community Development Coordinator

And that's what i saw on his linkdn page
>>
>>306604
Awhile ago I was thinking of something to address that too. Though my idea was to give players a hotkey that eats/drinks their highest recovery consumable when they press it. So my medkit could be on my Alt+D inventory space, but I could press G to use it.
>>
>>306639
I prefer my idea simply for the fact that it saves on hotkey buttons you have to bind/learn.
But both of our solutions can be implemented alongside each other without problems, so both ways should be available in my opinion.
>>
I regret not pushing for platinum last season, taunty heart is taunting me.
>>
>>306734
If you are from US than yeah, you missed your opportunity. Platinum was pretty much doable on the NA unless you have 120+ ping which basically all players from EU have on the NA server. On the EU server it was nearly impossible to get into Platinum. The competition was just insane. Check LionMonkey, riddl3d, Uvabu, Washboard, Taylorswift444 — all are very good players, I bet every single one of them wipes the floor with anyone in this thread, yet even they decided not to try to climb higher once they get into Gold, because of the risk of demotion. Every single ranked game on EU above Silver 1 was either tourney level or it was the game with Silver griefers on Luke/Cathy/Jackie and if you die to them you lose so much points it just insane. I'm glad they improved ranking system since then. Still, ranked is so dead now compared to Season 1. Either the game itself is dying (I bet this is the case) or they should have announced the rewards from the beginning of the season (doubt that would have helped considering season is several months long).
>>
>>306489
He was memeing. pretty sure he's just a GM and translator.
>>
>>306774
>Either the game itself is dying (I bet this is the case)
In SA and EU yes, player count seems low. Especially in high MMR. But yesterday I saw this chinese streamer named MiMiLucky with 1100 viewers doing the same Hyejin build for more than 5 hours on ranked solo matches (he was Platinum) with 30 sec queue times and I can't see how the game is dying on global levels. They just released 7 new skins, a new character and a major patch, so they're putting out content like crazy. Once they invest in big streamers for marketing there's going to be player spikes again, just like the time time they did it with a big Brazilian streamer.
>>
>>260615
no its a shit game
>>
>>306806
It really isn't though. It's just not tailored to the liking of some of the top players, and that's okay. Not every game needs to be e-sport garbage.
>>
>>306774
>>306774
>taylorswift444
That guy just killed me, but I only started playing 4 days ago. Shouldn't there be an MMR gap?
>>
>>306849
The player base is too small in EU, so they make MMR restriction really lax, so basically everyone can get in the same game with everyone else. I even dare to say that isn't a bad decision, because otherwise top players would just create fresh accounts to find games faster. They are already doing it for ranked. The real problem is that EU is just already fucked: too small player base. The idea was that with the start of Season 2 all good players like Tayloswift444 move onto ranked and normal becomes average players battleground and place where noobs can learn something. However because ranked is almost dead (top players try to play it every day, but 30+ minute queues aren't helping), top players returned to normal. And so normal once again became stomping competition between top 20 players. I rarely see a game where there are more than 5 people alive by the time Wickeline spawns. There are even games finished before the Wick.
>>
>>306856
Isn't the game tagged early access? Are they planning to start a proper ad campaign when it's got all the baseline characters ported?
I only found out about this game because I was watching a vtuber to learn Japanese, and this just shouldn't be the case when I love vidya and browse /v/ on the daily.

Also, the artstyle isn't helping, and I'm saying this as a weeb. The characters look like they were generated via some shitty template website that lets you shift around hairstyles and eye colors on a base model. They try to compensate for this by having the characters wear all sorts of funky outfits, which works to make them easy to differentiate on the battlefield, but it looks bad aesthetically. And there's a slew of other small problems.
>>
This game look fun, but reading the thread (and some reviews) it seem i have to learn build, path, and shit. can i just play with a friend without caring about meta or will i get my ass kicked so hard it won't be fun? like i don't want to grind for rank or shit like a ow player
>>
>>306890
My buddy and me started a few days ago and we're apparently already at 1700 mmr. You do have to learn some stuff but it becomes second nature really quick.
>>
>>306899
do you feel like when you play unranked, the player are way better than you? cuz i'm seeing this complain a lot. btw, US or EU?
>>
>>306903
EU
While we were trying to get a feel for our routes and when to team, we didn't even get to the late game at all. Then, after we become comfortable with it, we managed to survive long enough, but we lost every encounter. First, we didn't understand, because those were the first games we had finished builds, but felt like it was a onesided steamroll from our opponents anyway. After learning about mastery, importance of weapon skill and hunting enough to raise it, we finally started being on equal footing with others in the late game. But those games before we figured it out were frustrating, because our mistakes were fuzzy and unclear to us.
The players don't feel unbeatable by any means. It's by now very easy to feel out whether I'm behind or ahead and encounters play out just about as I expect them before it starts.
You'll have to play for a day or two to get your foot on the skill floor, and then it's smooth sailing and super fun.
>>
>>306909
ok, from your explanation it doesn't seem as bad as some make it out to be.
will definitely try it out when i have the time
>>
File: IVEBECOMESONUMB.png (191 KB, 727x710)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
Is it possible to reverse the trend or is it over?
>>
>>307321
it's an early access game. releasing it when it's ready, it's not right now, will do just fine.
>>
>Play yuki
>Get full build early
>Good food
>Encounter anything except another yuki
>Less gear/levels than me
>Engage
>They kill me
Its never even close. Why?
>>
i should stop doing normal game and go get made in ranked instead
>>
>>307385
I won't play ranked until the top players are at least in Diamond. While only 3 players are in Platinum in EU ranked, there's no point in even trying.
>>
>>307416
yeah same i'm on EU and it's so fucking hard since the top 100 is still half silver
>>
What keeps you playing this game?
>>
>>307617
I don't tilt and screech and lose my shit like in LoL
>>
>>307617
fun
>>
>>307617
Unlike in League I can just queue next if bad game happens, instead of being stuck for half an hour with people who will spit on me for daring to get ganked.
Not that I care about what those teammates think, the time I'm locked away from having fun is the real issue.
Optimizing routing and movement instead of last hitting minions is more fun for me.
>>
>>307321
They haven't even started advertising the game yet. All the publicity the game has gotten has been through word of mouth and twitch streams. If the game's still doing these numbers after its out of beta and ads start rolling out then its time to panic. Its very much still in development.
>>
>>307617
1) Naraka isn't out yet
2) There is simply nothing better. Everything else is either team/party games, PvE or normie shit that is not even weeb.
>>
>>306495
no nadine skin
>no nadine skin
no nadine skin
>no nadine skin
NIMBLEEEEEE
>>
File: 67514698_p24.png (1.46 MB, 1600x2000)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>307617
Game is fun and I have friends to talk about it with
>>
>>307617
It's not pozzed, it's three things I don't like (moba, BR and free to play) together but somehow it's fun, it's competitive and mostly skill based, I can play solo or with friends, I'm a weeb, I don't like normie shit, etc etc
>>
>>307617
Fun aside, it's for a bunch of reasons. Relative to most other MOBAs it's quick and the most enjoyable part(being full-build) is usually the longest part of the game. Found a character that clicks well with me and I don't mind playing all the time. Not having to worry about teammates or roles unless I'm partnering with someone I know. A fucking BR that isn't a goddamn FPS/TPS. For the most part not a bot-filled mess like other smaller BRs like Battlerite royale and spellbreak
>>
someone give me the rundown on lenox
>>
>>307903
start from >>298713
>>
>>307321
It's over. Season 2 started together with Sua release and nothing happened. People no longer give a fuck about what NN does. There might be some increase in KR exclusively when the game is released (3rd quarter 2021 according to Kakao Games), but for the rest of the world it's a pretty straightforward downfall.
>>
>>307826
Considering how obviously they skipped her I bet her skin will be the reward for Season 2. Also Chiara.
>>
>>307903
after playing like 40 games on lenox i can tell you that she's still amazing for peeling in squads and gets outscaled in solos so i never play her in solos anymore. so unless you kill the fuck out of everyone before day 3 you're kind of fugged
>>
>>308492
sucks, i was hoping she'd be a better pick for the lategame than my main
which chars are at least decent final zone?
>>
>>308532
The answer to this question isn't very simple, but what I can tell you for sure is that characters like Nadine and Xiukai will always have that edge in the final zones because their passives allow them to infinitely snowball in conjunction with their weapon mastery. It's a lot more evident on Nadine in this case though. But given the right circumstances any character can do well in the final square.

An example of why it's nebulous is because Lenox is pretty good at kiting a character like Yuki, but can easily crumble to Hyejin's combo or get kited by Adriana.
>>
>>308687
listening to good players on streams sounded like certain characters just don't have a chance to win and so playing for a decent placement after grabbing a kill (or more) is the best they can hope for.
hyunwoo was an example, he can reliably place 3 or 2nd, but winning is very hard according to them
jackie is like that too
>>
if i hear sua's hammer squeak one more time i swear...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.