[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there anything more haunting than playing an empty MMO?
>>
>>241521
>empty MMO
Is there such thing? MMOs shut down their servers when it's unprofitable, even if there's still hundreds of paypigs playing.
>>
>>241525
I played guild wars 1 recently, most of the towns are completely dead. Theres one city everyone decided to use, but its mostly full of people AFK showing off their toons.
I also spun up an eqclassic emulator server just to see if it was as I remember, that was creepy since I knew the world was dead.
Reminds me of Charn from the lion the witch and the wardrobe.
>>
>>241528
> Theres one city everyone decided to use, but its mostly full of people AFK
Lion's Arch or Great Temple of Balthazar?
Even typing these words made my eyes tear up a bit
>>
>>241530
No Kamadan, from nightfall. they gave the game a patch for some modern graphics tweaks like further render distance and modern resolutions. Also upped that town's population cap so everyone can be in it at once. Its laggy as all hell (on my laptop).
>>
>>241528
I still play maybe 3 times a week. Kamadan and pre-searing Ascalon is still as populated as ever. I still find a few players here and there in random outposts too.
>>
i wish it wasn't so expensive, i would love to play guild wars again
>>
>>241521
I like to jump on SL and explore empty sims. I look up ancient Youtube videos or read old posts about those sims when they were bustling and full of life 10-15 years ago.
>>
>>241521
For me it’s Mundo the game. The gameplay is so outdated that it’s charming in a way.
>>
Playing mmo with pedophiles
>>
>>242107
Playing one with ghost pedophiles
>>
>>241777
>so expensive
didn’t they drop the price pretty low? I remember I bought a new account when I came back to it and it was only $10 US
>>
>>241521
>remember watching my uncle play Silk Road and Dark Age of Camelot when they were full of players and being absolutely amazed
>will never get to play them for the nostalgia
feelsbad
>>
>>241528
How the fuck did I know what that picture was from.
>>
>>242188
$40 for everything. I'd buy just 1 expansion for now but if i do that it'd be like $80 i think
>>
>>241521
>NOT THE LIMINAL SPACES
>SAVE ME NIGGERMAN
>>
>>243082
Guild Wars only has one expansion.
>>
File: dims.jpg (35 KB, 512x343)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>241521
I started up some kind of open source runescape classic server a while back. The game always had that kind of haunting experience anyway due to how it looks but it was also somewhat sad to see the major cities completely devoid of players.
Almost like an abandoned city.
>>
>>243082
iirc it’s 10 dollars for each expac, BUT if you buy all three together it’s also only 10
$10 gets you Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall
$20 gets you those 3 and EotN
>>
>>243373
>iirc
You don’t. Trilogy is $30.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.