[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: I wonder whats up here.webm (2.26 MB, 1280x720)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB WEBM
Remember, climbing ladders is the leading cause of retarded hunter deaths in the bayou.

Featuring a discord server for ladder camping with your fellow /vm/ shitters.
https://discord.gg/W6YQDJgpxw

1.5 soon™ but this time really, tune in to the anniversary stream on the 18th of March for the announcement of another delay!
>>
Shut the fuck up, sperg
>>
>>241280
>tune in to the anniversary stream on the 18th of March for the announcement of another delay!
lol
>>
File: rush.webm (2.95 MB, 1244x700)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
Screaming over the mic during a rush down seems to work
>>
>>241373
What did you scream at them
>>
>>241283
YOU shut the FUCK up, FAGGOT
>>
>>241373
Here's my go to tactic
>boss banishing
>make some noise outside of the building so enemy team shift to that side of the building
>pull out grenade
>push the voip key
>scream *FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK*
>they can't hear me light the fuse or it cooking
>lob the grenade inside
>they don't have enough time to run
>get at least one kill if not more

It works like 80% of the time, the super sweaties have voip muted now because of screamer chads.
>>
>>241398
holy based
>>
Should I ALWAYS take dusters for immolators? Or should I just hit them with my gun until they die?
>>
>>241429
4 heavy swings from anything with a stock can kill an immo. I only take dusters if I don't have a gun with a stock in my loadout.
>>
>>241432
What if I'm using a talon or bayonet variant?
Dusters then?
>>
>>241436
Yes, forgot about those. Unless you take an officer brawler or obrez mace with you as well, then you can go without a dedicated melee tool at all.
>>
>>241432
Take the knuckle knive pill. T. P50+ player
>>
>>241388
https://streamable.com/jozjle
>>
>>241453
this nigga knows
>>
3 sabres are a perfectly valid tactic and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I didn't even see that guy in the corner, he was flashed as fuck kek.
>>
>want to play some hunts
>bad at the game and scared of meeting new people
i hate that this is a multiplayer game
>>
>>241577
So learn to play solo or deal with random queue. People don't really talk in randoms anyway
>>
>>241577
While I love this game's multiplayer set up, I would also REALLY love a STALKER style game with this setting and gameplay.
Hunt even has plenty of weird factions in its lore, like those people that worship the blood of the monsters.
And I think that STALKER could use a multiplayer mode designed like Hunt.
>>
>>241609
i know what you mean, it does remind me quite a bit of stalker, and it's a shame stalker is fucking dead now. i think there was a mod in development for call of pripyat that was similar to hunt, a pve/pvp multiplayer set up
>>
>>241613
You do realize Stalker 2 is happening, right?
But I doubt we'll see anything like this for Stalker, though Escape from Tarkov is similar to a degree to Hunt so maybe they'll take inspiration from that.
>>
File: 6f3.jpg (40 KB, 750x739)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>241577
I never understood this fucking complaint, and many people seem to share it. It's like me going to play mario kart or some shit and then complaining about it being a racing game.
>scared of meeting new people
I kind of understand that but at the same time it's pure autism. Break out of your shell anon, the game is 10x more fun when playing and communicating with other people. It's not that hard, all you have to do is say hi and maybe give the occasional call out.
>>
>>241618
Yeah but I think all the original devs aside from the CEO are gone, can't imagine picking up the series with new devs do many years later will get us the same STALKER feel
>>
>>241609
Having people killing each other while surrounded by monsters also makes more sense in a setting like STALKER.
>>
>>241671
GSC was a constant revolving door of developers. Very few of the people who worked on SoC were there even by the time Clear Sky released.
On that note though, they have gotten a bunch of developers back. The guy that designed the A-Life AI, the way the AI interacts with people in the game world is back, along with a good deal of other old developers actually. As well, a lot of STALKER modders were actually hired to work on the game.
>>
>>241699
Is there hope then for STALKER 2?
>>
>>241700
There is definitely hope. From the music and visuals alone it shows that these people understand what the feel of STALKER is. We'll just have to hold our breath for a proper gameplay reveal.
>>
>>241701
To be fair, the 'feeling' of stalker isn't something particularly complicated to reproduce. I think the biggest challenge for a modern game studio would be to hold back where it's necessary. After the obvious level and sound design, Stalker stands out with the 'show, don't tell' aspect of its Gameworld. The instant stalker tries to explain something in detail it gets shit - it needs mystery. The problem is, that this doesn't work well with modern audiences or at least that's what the consensus seems to be based on what the industry is spitting out.
>>
File: Screenshot (263).png (359 KB, 715x581)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING, ALMOST 4 FUCKING MONTHS OF WAITING
>>
>>241927
>the crow will fly
Is this the new boss?
>>
Ok what the fuck is that new boss icon
>>
File: Desktop_02.23.21-19.54.23.png (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>241974
Forgot pic
>>
>>241976
Next boss is going to be a crow man, its why there are dead birds everywhere, and it's talked about in some item descriptions.
>>
>>241982
That icon though looks wild, maybe it'll be a much lore interesting design than some people originally thought.
>>
>>241984
Kind of has me excited for how fucked up its going look. The Death Letter paints a good picture.
>>
>>241986
>Death Letter
So this boss is going to be DAMAGED?
>>
>>242008
Call me cynical but there really isn't that much you can do with a new boss in hunt. It will probably be a thing that you smack with an axe and wait for it to fuck around the boss lair for a while.

They have to introduce some new boss mechanics in general to make them more interesting (killing it requires certain tools or consumables) but that would change the whole dynamic of the game and I'm pretty sure that's something they aren't planning any time soon.
>>
>>242008
No, he causes hunters to become DAMAGED

>>242058
I agree with this, the only thing i can see them doing with this one is making it spend more time off the ground to the point of almost forcing you to shoot it. Part of the problem is that it has to fit into pre existing boss lair.
>>
File: P06812_lg.jpg (266 KB, 496x700)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
How come we have like three chinese guys, two japs, a tranny looking tier 3 but no fucking indians? There should be american indians mixed in with the regular hunter rosters
>>
>>241429
Honestly I can't accurately hit dogs with dusters. I've got to have a knife. However, I usually have a weapon with a buttstock.
>>
>>241577
Stop being such a wuss, my man.
>>
>>242117
based and hoyapilled
>>
>>242117
Then they'd get shit from some whiny injuns and they would have to get rid of them or be called racist
>>
>>242137
Probably this, those "I'm 3% Cherokee" retards always get super pissy about red indian portrayals in media.
>>
>>242137
>>242121
that sucks. feel like it's honestly more racist to cast them all as victims instead of lever action scalping fighters.
>>
>>242147
I'd love for a cool native dude but I think if they saw a screenshot of them using the scapula they'd get a dumb article written about them
>>
>>242117
Arcane Archaeologist
>>
>Ran into enemy team right after spawning
>Get them pinned in the white house at Windy Run
>All we know is one of them has a winfield
>Down one 3 times in the north window
>End up circling to block them from leaving, throw 7 firebombs over the course of 5 minutes
>Partner decides to push up the ladder
>Other enemy of course has a crown and king
>Drop the clown and king guy with a Martini deadeye headshot
>Rez partner and clear the house with the crown
>Winnie hunter must have been 3 large chunks because they were dead
>Check map and both bounties were almost out of the map already
not a bad round, despite spending it entirely on one deathmatch. Wish I brought a frag
>>
>>242117
Bacause the Chinese have money and need a self insert even if it's a little out of place. A native or even a bunch of them would be fucking dope though. The game is too niche to be discussed by SJW anyways - they only care about popular stuff. If you write a 10 paragraph post about how ignorant the hunt Devs are noone is going to find it to validate you.

Have the Devs ever mentioned or discussed the idea of including natives?
>>
>>242118
Dogs are the only reason why people get knives. It's harder with the knuckle knive and dusters because you have to two tap them. I really don't get why they made the head hitbox for the dogs so weird. It's hard to land a headshot even when you have time to aim - you essentially have to aim for the snout.
>>
>>242288
I always bring 2 frags, they are too busted not to. Fire can be found often enough around the map.
>>
>>241432
I always take both a knife and dusters, there really aren't any other tools worth taking anyway imo. Dusters are a boon if you get chased by an immolator while fighting hunters, which tends to happen quite frequently since they have a ridiculous aggro range.
>>
>>242340
I always take medkit, knife, chokes and fuses
>>
>>242342
Yea, chokes are mandatory too, I forgot about them. Fusees are nice for concertina armored but using them means potentially looting them back from a toolbox/hunter when you really need a medkit or a more useful consumable.

Traps can be good too but their usage is too situational, if you don't get to a boss lair first then they're pretty useless.
>>
>>242344
Combat traps can be quite effective
>>
>>241608
I member when the game first came out and randoms always talked. Made half my steam friends that way.
>>
I cannot fucking believe the people who are able to instantly headshot so consistently.
Don't know how they do it.
>>
>>242344
How do I use choke bombs effectively?
>>
>>242405
>partner is down and on fire
>throw choke bomb on him
>???
>profit

Aside from that, throw them into chokepoints you dont want the enemy to come through (now a lot of them wont and even if, you will hear it and they will have more trouble shooting you) and if you want to be real cheeky airburst them in windows/holes/gaps you dont want the enemy to throw stuff through. You can also use them a bit offensively and toss them into windows or bushes to figure out where people are and get campers to move.
>>
>>242338
I usually bring one, most of the fire I used was on the map. It's kind of trolling not to fill out your consumables with weak vitality shots at $10 each and that's what I've been doing.
>>
>>242342
This is exactly my tool loadout for pretty much every match, except dusters instead of the knife if I have bladed melee on my large gun. Fusees get permanently replaced with a flare pistol once it unlocks. If I have a melee secondary or a silenced gun I usually replace the melee tool or the flares respectively with a trap, but other than that I actually have a hard time justifying taking any of the other tools. (except for meme runs)
>>
>>242302
Never seen any discussion of it that I know of, but they fit the 1890s cowboy gun vibe. Sjws could hardly get mad imo, the game is diverse in any case
>>
>>242443
If anything is for certain in life you can bet SJWs will find something insignificant to bitch about and write countless articles how it implicates white nationalism, ableism, sexism, misogyny, etc.
>>
>>242302
>The game is too niche to be discussed by SJW anyways
You know this isn't true. All it takes is one games "journalist" to find Hunt problematic and write an article about it to spawn a dozen copycat articles in all the usual e-rags. Crytek is pretty gay and woke anyway, which is why we have women hunters. They also do the whole BLM/pride shit.
It's funny that this came up because I just read some PC Gamer article fawning over quickplay as the best battle royale and he shares his head canon for 2 of his hunters that survived. One is White, the other is black. You can guess which one was portrayed as a dumb criminal. Aside from that it was actually a decent article. They just have to inject their poz into everything.
>>
>>242340
why don't more people use the knuckle knife? it's literally the best of both worlds. knife heavy+duster light. it only takes 4 light attacks to down an immolator.
>>
>>242468
I'm not a /v/tard so I don't care about all that "pozzed" shit. Female hunters are fine by me it's just that most of their skins are super fucking ugly. Like there are maybe 3 decent looking tiered skins among like 30 total female skins.

>>242469
Knuckle knife doesn't one shot dogs.
>>
File: madsoy.png (42 KB, 456x404)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>242472
>I'm not a /v/tard so I don't care about all that "pozzed" shit.
>>
>>242464
I'm still surprised that some journo or sjw hasn't latched on to the fact that blacks in this game are portrayed as witch doctors and voodoo practitioners.
>>
>>242464
Wow friend, this is problemaric on so many levels.
>>
>>242469
People can't deal with dogs and the best way to get rid of a full pack is with a knive. 4 hellhounds spell trouble for a knuckle knive swinging desperado. I just avoid them in general because even with a knive you're not 100% save from getting hit with their retarded, inconsistent attack and dealing with a whole pack takes too long even when you do it well. I don't like being an easy target, especially with annoying ai around.
>>
Dev stream in 30 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/crytek
>>
File: CALDWELLD.jpg (15 KB, 740x187)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
lmoa
>>
>>242468
>BLM/pride shit
source?
>>
Oh fuck I forgot about this Hungarian guy with the whacky accent.
>>
LMAO STILL NO BOSS IN THIS STREAM
>>
File: 4.png (2.43 MB, 1920x1080)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>
>>242525
I don't get the hate that instaburning causes. Chokes are cheap as shit and if you don't want your partner to burn, come and stop me.
>>
hope you guys like winfields
>>
>>242540
Not gonna lie, those lever shotty animations are pure sex. Downloading the test server right now to make some webms
>>
>>242529
>mfw he's reading
I thought he's a spaniard.

>>242538
tßh getting fanmail makes me do it even more.
>>
>it's a SKINS SKINS SKINS episode
>>
Are they going to upload the stream somewhere?
>>
>>242555
There's always a vod on twitch after it airs.
>>
>>242556
Cool, thanks anon
>>
Looks like they put a lot of thought into custom ammo, here's a breakdown:
>Crossbow is now 1 variant, can take 2 different bolts and quickly swap between them with x like the lemat
>Single shot weapons can also take 2 ammo types
>Magazine fed weapons can only take 1 ammo type
>Special ammo boxes are gone, replaced by new crates
>>
>>242526
https://archive.is/b5HSR
>>
>>242526
https://twitter.com/Purpl3_Rag3/status/1364237537548599298?s=20
>>
File: cryfag.png (385 KB, 819x652)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>242572
forgot pic
>>
>>242538
Instaburning is 100% a tactic to be used and fuck any of the crybabies who think otherwise. I get burned often and I know it's part of the game. Your teammates are generally forced to take action, usually making them more vulnerable. I'm not going to disengage a fight and leave a downed person only to 15 minutes later get domed by the guy because he was revived.
>>
>>242573
Every big company has some of these diversity hires to pander to whatever fomo political shit that is going on. At least Crytek keep it out of the game, remember that shit in COD during the BLM?
>>
>>242573
>pinned tweet
dios mio
>>
Damn the people in chat are retarded, did anyone actually expect slugs to fucking one shot at 50 metres?
>>
>>242602
they still seem insanely good for handcannons
>>
>>242604
Yea, I was thinking that the slugs are op while everyone is crying that it can't penetrate a whole house and headshot someone at 100m.
>>
>hand crossbow is now a small slot
>has choke, poison and chaos bolts for utility
Hell yeah, might actually start using it now along with Winnies
>>
Have fun dealing with concertina lair campers now knuckle knife fags
>>
>>242637
why what happened?
>>
>>242638
Only slashing melee attacks (so not even bayonet stabs) can destroy it now. Though they to seem to be a little more effective than before. So if you don't have a knife, heavy knife, machete, saber or riposte you have to find an axe or a shovel to clear it without using dynamite or shooting it with long ammo (also new).
>>
File: 1887 Reload.webm (2.62 MB, 896x504)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB WEBM
Some bugs in the animation (the hammer teleports around) but it's fucking lebel tier, test server crashed before I could make the bulletgrubber webms.
>>
File: 1887 Spin.webm (2.43 MB, 1280x720)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB WEBM
There's also a Terminator animation that plays rarely when reloading the handcannon version.
>>
>>242642
>>242644
Nice. Got a webm of the shooting & cycling?
>>
>>242646
Only with levering, the sound is god-tier. It's kind of lost in the webm but that new coin-shot also actually bounces physical coins around the place while making jingling sounds.
>>
File: 1613261065452.png (740 KB, 768x900)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>242562
>Can switch between shotbolt and explosive
>>
File: Ammo Swap.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
The springfield and martini have explosive rounds that fucking one-shot to the torso, definitely getting nerfed kek.

They didn't show it on stream but all single shot weapons have a new animations for switching ammo types, this hunter had bullet grubber but I'm not sure if you need it.
>>
File: 1602164364251.jpg (128 KB, 1016x668)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>242650
>actually bounces physical coins around the place while making jingling sounds.
10/10 I love it
>>
File: 1887 bulletgrubber.webm (2.74 MB, 1280x720)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB WEBM
Last one I have, gonna stop spamming the thread now.
>>
>>242691
>spam
you are literally promoting discussion for the game, ironically not many people wanna discuss it. im enjoying your webms
>>
>>241718
its apparently releasing to consoles which means its going to get butchered to shit, just like this game took a massive drop in quality with the console version releasing because selling a better version for pc makes peasants seethe
>>
So you can use levering with the Winfield 1887?
That is going to be so fucking overpowered.
>>
>>242641
Why the fuck would they buff concertina, all this shit does is help kill the pacing of the game
>>
>>242746
Yeah no idea why they thought buffing concertina is a good idea when they generally tried pushing the game further towards aggressive playstyles and reducing stalemates previously (and even in this update, the changes to the crank doors and the addition of another entrance to Chapel). I wonder if the new explosive rounds can at least also destroy it. Don't think they explicitly mentioned that. Definitely the one thing I really hate about this update.
>>
>>242439
I keep the fuses over the flare pistol, the fuses last longer
>>
>>242750
What changes to crank doors?
>>
>>242758
The model is new, some now have grates with far larger gaps to shoot through while others have no grate at all. They also stay open permanently when you crank it full now, have to interact with them again to close.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Okay now stay with me here

What if there was an undead carriage boss that roamed the roads of the maps. It moves too fast between compounds to reliably take it out but maybe it can slow down for some reason when it reaches a compound
>>
File: file.png (1.29 MB, 1065x1075)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>242758
The windows in them are lower and larger, and the bars are further apart so you can shoot and throw stuff in/out much more easily, though some also have no windows at all anymore. But also, once you cranked it fully open, it doesn't close by itself but stays open. To close it again, you just need to tap the crank and it will automatically close all the way. You can also hit or shoot the crank to do it.
>>
>>242765
Zombie stagecoach could be cool but if it had as much health as current bosses it would be a pain, since it would drain all your ammo and unlikely that melee would be good against a moving target.

Would be cool though, stagecoach rolling through the map making a ton of noise, zombie horses and a fiery driver
>>
File: 060.jpg (4 KB, 64x121)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>Custom Ammo is unlocked the same as any other weapon variant through the Book of Weapons.

I hate unlocking shit in this game.
>>
>>242691
That bulletgrubber animation needs some refinement.
>>
>>242709
>just like this game took a massive drop in quality with the console version releasing
?
>>
>>242709
I never understood this. A couple of graphics options is all there needs to be. Let pc gamers max out everything if they can. I don't get why it's so important to give everyone this false validation by letting them play your game on "high"
>>
>>242753
Why is that important?
>>
>>242760
Good change. Metal doors where almost always treated like a wall in firefights. Not much action there.
>>
>>242753
I don't use them for light, I use them to burn anything I can't or don't want to melee. Fusees are slower to throw and don't fly as straight as a flare pistol
>>
>>242798
It really is a drag. Everything except weapon variants should be bloodline unlocks.
>>
>>242834
I'm always prestiging and I don't mind it, be aware that weapon XP gained is shared by everyone using the same weapon on your team. I once unlocked almost the entire winfield tree in one match because we were all using winnies.
>>
I wish more people played quickplay. I need more risk free practice dammit
>>
>>242907
I'm honestly surprised quickplay isn't more popular, I actually think its more fun than bounty hunt for a variety of reasons. I just think it's weird considering this game's main problem is player retention due to its learning curve, I figured noobs would be all over it.
>>
>>242907
I don't like it at all because 8/10 quickplays I've done end with one guy who grabbed a shotgun and concertina bombs holed up in a building
>>
>>241280
I don't understand this game, the tutorial makes it seem like a L4D type co-op monster hunting game but then it's really just call of duty?
>>
>>242922
more like escape from tarkov without the autism
>>
>>242910
is learning curve a problem? Tarkov seems to be doing alright and it's ridiculously punishing to new players
>>
>>242935
Tarkov is effectively a mobile game with an actual game attached to it, normies stick with it because of the addicting aspects of it. Hunt really doesn't have that.
>>
>>242937
doesn't Hunt have lots of progression/unlock systems outside of each match?
>>
>>242942
It isn't NEARLY on the scale that Tarkov is. Hunt progression is just unlocking gun variants to purchase. Tarkov has stat grind, quests, and base progression.
>>
>>242641
I mean punching barbwire was pretty retarded but this sounds awful
>>
>>242942
It really isn't comparable. In Hunt progression is a byproduct of gameplay, you can still go in with a romero and nagant and wipe an entire server if you're good enough.

In Tarkov progression IS the gameplay, the more you play the more of an advantage you accumulate over other players. And I'm not talking about getting better at the game, you get objective advantages over other players that scale with how much of a neet you are. I mean, one of the skills literally just gives you a % reduction to recoil it's that retarded. No matter how good someone is at the game, 9/10 times you will lose to someone who can afford to grind more than you.
>>
>>242968
this
>>
>>242968
so the later guns in Hunt aren't better than the starting one?
>>
>>242971
not him but at this point you're kinda nit picking. i know where you're going to go with this. but the later guns are arguably better than the cheaper guns. there obviously has to be a gap between a $600 crown and king and a $20 romero 77. the game tries to balance things like this with the romero having better range (i think?) than the crown and king but the crown has 5 shells and etc. still with that said, what the anon before was saying, literally any gun is viable in this. as opposed to tarkov where a player who is just starting cannot kill a player with 1000000 hours who is kitted out
>>
>>242971
In most respects they're not, there are very few weapons that are objective upgrades over others in Hunt unlike in Tarkov where more expensive guns/ammo/armor are almost always unconditionally better.

Think of it this way, a headshot with a nagant revolver is going to kill anyone regardless of how geared they are, in Tarkov you can headshot someone 20 times and have your bullets harmlessly bounce off his helmet.
>>
>>242816
>>242826
Fuses are excellent for lighting up a boss lair when you are trying poke at people inside
>>
Finally got the hammer kill
>>
>>242910
It has the same problem that the single player bounty hunt mode had. Camping. Evey mid level player wants to be the last one to deal with the wellspring to not get shot from the outside. I honestly don't know what they are thinking though - there's always one retard who tries to rush you at 30seconds left just to get fucked over by all the traps or run out of time while trying to find someone who already left the building.

The short rounds obviously reduce the annoyance to a minimum but it's still enough for me to not play it.
>>
>>242765
>>242778

Yes. If even for the /aesthetic/ alone. Like that other anon says tho, implementation itself might be tricky.
>>
>Added Incendiary and Poison Custom Ammo to the Sparks LRR family.

I get the feeling that it's going to be a balancing nightmare for a month or so. Is incendiary going to set you on fire? The sparks will oneshot you if the damage isn't reduced. How will it burn off chunks? How long is long poison ammo going to last, as it pretty much takes you out of commission for it's duration? How wide is the medium explosive ammo AoE going to be, as you can probably hit people around trees with it?
>>
>>243185
>Is incendiary going to set you on fire?
Just like how all fire damage works now, only if you go over a certain threshold of fire damage within a certain time period. One hit won't set you on fire, a second one within 8 seconds will.

>The sparks will oneshot you if the damage isn't reduced.
Of course the damage is reduced. Every ammo type comes with drawbacks, none are just a straight upgrade from default ammo.

>How will it burn off chunks?
The same as normal fire damage. Though I forget the exact fire damage an incendiary hit does, but I think it was less than 25.

>How long is long poison ammo going to last
They didn't actually say specific numbers, only that it depends on ammo type.

>How wide is the medium explosive ammo AoE
The Henry they showed in the stream had maybe 2 metres AoE without any penetration. Even hitting a piece of wood right in front of an enemy hunter does nothing. But hitting people around trees/corners is intended, but the AoE damage is also not that big.
>>
File: chrome_bbKoSKDEXD.png (68 KB, 360x75)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>243185
fire burns your max health, it wouldn't oneshot even if it had normal sparks damage and set you on fire with one hit
>>
>>243189
I think I'll skip the test server this time. I heard the explosive ammo oneshots to the chest. That's pretty imbalanced with something like the martini
>>
>>243201
of course it doesn't
>>
File: 1612880191077.jpg (14 KB, 284x284)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>Love the aesthetic of having a melee weapon like axe or machete as your primary
>Even if you get it to work, you're missing out on weapon xp
>>
File: scrapbeak.png (135 KB, 890x191)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
the new boss is called scrapbeak btw, discord mods are deleting all mentions of it
>>
>>243211
bro i'm scrapping beaks rn
>>
File: 1586714464615.jpg (131 KB, 750x991)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>243211
Crow is so much better though. We already have a "spider" and it breaks up the single word name pattern for a mashedup word.
>>
>>243224
Agree
>>
>>243202
I didn't get to try it but the base damage on explosive ammo is around 180, which implies being able to oneshot, unless that number is bugged or something.
>>
>>243224
we'll all call him crow anyways
>>
>>243224
>tfw no shoggoth boss
>>
>>242765
Sounds goofy as hell
>>
>>243021
Lol, that didn't look close at all.
>>
>>242765
I highly doubt the monsters have enough mental capacity to do anything but attack much less operate a carriage. Lol. Maybe an undead bird or something that flies between locations and whatever team kills it gets a bonus of cash or experience or something.
>>
>>243307
Roaming Boss would be cool and there have been discussions among the fans about some cool concepts like a wendigo imitating the sound of dying hunters, a boss jumping from tree to tree or an alligator in the water. Stuff like that would be a cool addition but considering the size of the team unrealistic in the near future. You'd have to write completely new behaviour for a boss like that since it wouldn't be bound to a compound and it would raise issues with balancing since noone would want to engage a boss in an open area. You're already the most vulnerable during a boss fight, even in a building.
>>
>>243307
I initially thought of a flying boss so that teams have a chance to get it between compounds but I feel like it would be too majorly distracting and easy to go a flying boss every time. I figured if it was a wagon there would be less of a chance for some guy to take a potshot and down the boss from a high position.
>>
>keep seeing people saying the game NEEDS a new boss
I just don't understand, the game's inherently a pvp one and the bosses are all braindead easy because they're not the main focus of the game
the game is people showing up to contest the boss, it's why it's "the showdown" with the "hunt" bit being ambiguous now that everyone's gunning for eachother in the lore
>>
File: biggame.png (243 KB, 605x269)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>241280
A challenger approaches
>>
>>243379
It's getting boring tossing stickies at Spider and Butcher so I can put up the large neon sign to let the other hunters know I want to kill them
>>
File: like a bitch.png (346 KB, 1024x582)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>Played the game for 30 hours
>Still need my partner to kill the spider because it's too scary for me
>>
>>242765
I think this kind of ruins the design of these monsters being mindless creatures that are the cause of something more.
The only thing I can imagine out of everything we fight having any degree of intelligence being the Assassin, so I'm not sure how this works. I need to read more of the lore.
I would love the aesthetic of it though
>>
>>243389
That's a vegeta post if I ever so one.
>>
File: okay wait stay with me.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>243401
What if it was just a big dumb Horse/Crocodile/Awful Hybrid?
>>
>>243401
I'm pretty sure that in the lore the monsters are a result of a plague and the bosses are some sort of hellbeasts summoned by voodoo doctors who used the chaos of the epidemic to practice black magic undisturbed.

I might be wrong though, they've changed the lore a bit since early access.
>>
>>243361
>a wendigo imitating the sound of dying hunters
This would be awesome. Maybe it could also mimic crows, dogs and such. Perhaps not even a boss, just a somewhat more durable grunt with high damage which relies on stealth, to an extent.
>>
File: 1610382204448.jpg (26 KB, 698x672)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>243411
What if the boss was a mimic disguised as a clue
>>
I've never loved a game so much while also being so bad at it.
>>
>>243484
Join the discord, shitters are welcome. I'd much rather play with someone who's bad than a braindead random who thinks they're good at the game.
>>
>>243379
It doesn't need it but the aesthetics of the game are so kino I want to see another boss desu
>>
File: image.png (1.77 MB, 1920x1080)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
thanks, I guess
Hunt just crashed, when I loaded in it switched my server, told me I completed the tutorial and full defaulted my settings.
>>
>>243818
Hope you didnt lose any good gear
>>
I wonder why there were so few legendary items this update, though the 2 that we did get are really nice, I much prefer the more plain skins over the gaudy shit.

I reckon they'll announce some sort of special event on the anniversary stream, maybe another twitch drop event.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.