[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 90 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: valchaim.png (178 KB, 907x563)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
It's all the rage with the kids these days.
>>
>>231913

I like persistent progression in my RPGs. Survival also is really overdone.

That said, it looks great for what it is, just not my cup o tea.
>>
>>231913
>streamer bait game numero 21391293123
fuck off
>>
>>231924
>streamer bait game
what does this even mean?
>>
Because the first game I played with friends was infiltrated by a hacker already who brute forced the password/ found someway to get on the server without permissions and destroyed all are stuff overnight,game is trash.
>>
>>231931
kek based hacker
>>
An Early-Access Open-World Crafting & Survival game?! Wow! Surely nothing could go wrong!
inb4 you lazy shills do the whole "nuhhh it's nearly feature complete" "nooo it runs great on all systems" "stfuuuu it's in a great state now and only getting better" "noooo the roadmap has so much planned" schtick. It's already tiresome.
>>
>>231972
It's fun tho
>>
>>231913
Survival mechanics without an emphasis on pvp just make it another glorified autism simulator.
>>
>>231913
fuck off shill
>>
>>231972
>An Early-Access Open-World Crafting & Survival game?!
t-This one have vikings! I can finally play as my ancestors.
>>
>>232009
A challenger appears
>>
>>231913
it literally always crashes when i try to make a world
>>
File: 1612901131591.png (80 KB, 607x341)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
Because the devs are garbage
>>
I just got it and if you play with your buddies, it's really awesome. Solo, it's still kind of fun but it's worth getting.
>>
> /v/ thinks this is a typical cursed survival game
> it's actually like Terraria and is a linear progression co-op game

fuck me you guys really are all retarded
>>
>>232156
They made an amazing game, regardless. There's shit on my to-do list that I ignore.
>>
>>231929
means the devs paid some gay streamer for views/attention
>>
File: Silenthill2_large.jpg (869 KB, 1703x1080)
869 KB
869 KB JPG
Give me some hot building tips
>>
>>232156
>idiotsvenne är idiot
asg ut ur mitt land blatte
>>
>>231931
The same thing actually happened to us too.
Can the server password be somehow bypassed?
>>
File: 892970_20210210032834_1.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1200)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>231913
I do. It's extremely comfy.
>>
How much does it cost.
>>
File: 1612923917853.png (167 KB, 458x399)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>232713
I recognize that arm!
>>
nice game cube graphics
>>
>>232156
>devs know about bugs for years before they're addressed
welcome to software buddy. I guarantee you that every bug you have ever encountered in a released game and that wasn't a progression blocker was found and logged by QA at least a few months before launch, if not years. That's just how it goes. I bet this guy found some minor edge case issue that only he cares about and is having a meltdown that it's been in the game for a while.
>>
>>231913
>yet another early access survival with building
fuck off, please, just fuck off
>>
File: 1.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
this game is so fucking kino
>>
File: 2.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>
>>232825
Whoa, you mean another game in an extremely popular and well selling genre has been made? I can't believe this!
>>
>>232825
please, PLEASE take your meds, sweetie.
>>
>>231913
>early access multiplayer open world survival
can't wait for it to die after a month or so
>>
File: 1537990540856.png (347 KB, 456x695)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>232720
SIGISMUUUUUUUUUUUND
>>
I am. People are missing out if they think its some trash ark/atlas/rust/whatever type of game. I hate this genre as much as anyone else but it's easily the most enjoyment I've gotten out a game in years.
>>
anyone hosting a game?
>>
>>231913
How do I convince my friends to stop playing minecraft and other survival shit games, to take a seat and play this?
>>
>>234007
just tell em steam refunds work in 2 hours and if they tdon't like it after that long no harm done
>>
i don't play fotm
>>
>>234078
Good idea.
>>
*Ahem*
FUCK Bronze
FUCK Smelting
FUCK Wind
And FUCK Shamans
Atgier is the best in-tier weapon and the stamina system wants me to blow my brains out. 10/10
>>
>>234007
I don't. If someone needs convincing or pushing, chances are they won't get into it or go back after a short while. Save yourself the hassle and/or money and just find other people to play with, it's not like Valheim lacks players.

Also based Rune poster.
>>
File: 1269812554418.jpg (50 KB, 400x533)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>234091
*ahem*
FUCK mosquitoes
FUCK leeches
FUCK Greydwarfs
and FUCK sea serpents
>>
>>234091
Bronze is ridiculous. Iron takes more bars but feels way easier to get.
>>
It seems kinda boring. Tried it with a friend but we refunded. I'll keep an eye on it though.
>>
>>231972
>An Early-Access Open-World Crafting & Survival game
It's actually an Early-Access linear boss rush/physics simulator game with survival elements that fit really well. More shadow of the colossus + minecraft than zombie survial game 291.
You can go anywhere but each boss kill unlocks the tools needed to not get 1 hit killed and survive in the area where the next one is.

You can build traps and totally cheese enemies, while at the same time the bosses and some late game enemies will completely fuck up your base if you try to just wall up and snipe them to death with a bow.
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 407x167)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>231913
>>
File: 1581872525887.png (777 KB, 1200x796)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
Any Linux Chads here? How's the performance?
>>
>>234157
pretty good
>>
>>234140
im an oldfag and i strictly play games with oldfags and we all agree this game has no right being as good as it is.
>>
>>234621
Shill harder faggot.
>>
>>234621
fellow oldfag here, can confirm.
>>
>>234091
fuck shamans? wait til you get to the swamp lmao
those blobs will poison the fuck out of you for like 60 damage a pop if you get close to them
>>
>>232113
Just click "wait for program to respond" and give it a minute.
it's just windows being unable to handle autistic german coding squeezing every ounce of performance out of your ventilator
>>
>>234621
>>234794
Same.
Must be the specifics of the dev team (two german guys working on it in their spare time)
>>
What the FUCK do I do with dragon eggs?
Dragged one all the way to my bronze tech camp (fucking wolfs tho) and I've put it in in the chest where I keep my mead to keep it cool (or warm, don't know)) but what do I DO with it?
Solo player btw.
>>
I was skeptical but bored and usually ignore early access shit like this but I just bought it and played with a friend for i think around 12 hours straight
pretty fucking fun
>>
>>231913
>It's all the rage with the kids these days.
That's why
>>
>>236131
Ultimate contrarian. Kids also breath oxygen these days, why don't you cease that as well.
>>
>>236169
Why don't you cease having a dick inside of your mouth 24 hours a day
>>
File: 1611992181768.gif (96 KB, 400x496)
96 KB
96 KB GIF
Game's great, I'm having all kinds of fun with my friends
the only other survival crafting kind of game we've played together is a bit of minecraft ages ago, I prefer this because my friends can build the house whislt I go out and explore.
It feels like a real adventure and the environments are beautiful.
>>
> 20hours of fun with friends exploring and building a base
>play solo for 10 hours and realize the game is boring ass
The game without friends to play with is liking playing a shitty rpg with survivalcraft on the side.
>>
>>236852
>game whose only redeeming feature is being "fun with friends" is shit
Shocking development.
>>
File: 1613499926305.jpg (59 KB, 1024x569)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
funny how its popular because it stripped survival elements for casuals
>>
File: if this nigga.jpg (35 KB, 360x260)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>237134
That's not because its popular but ok. Also are you honestly implying "survival" mechanics are hardcore?
>>
>>235616
isn't Iron Gate (the studio) based in Sweden?
>>
File: valheim.png (26 KB, 306x97)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>231913
Very worth it for the price. Highly recommend if you got friends to play with.

>>237134
I find the hunger mechanics way more interesting than the generic
>Eat food when bar low
It makes different and higher tier, foods useful and worth crafting.
>>
>>231913
Anyone have a server I can join?
>>
>>231913
>You can be male or beardless male (female)
It's 2021, fucking get a better character creator.
>>
I might check it out if it last long enough to become a non-fad game and still has a large player base.
>>
desu me and all my friends are 30+ and this is the first game that has really hooked us in years. This game is great for my crowd. Most of the younger people I know are still all about that minecraft valorant and fortnte.
>>
Let's share server links
>>
>>232796
VR and AR are a thing, vfx has come a long way. If you care about that kind of stuff go jerk off to game of thrones and let people enjoy games on their 2012 dell laptops. Thanks
>>
>>231913
Friends bought it yesterday and we all played for the first time last night. Honestly this is the most fun I have had in a game in so long.
Truly love Valheim for that.
>>
How do I deal with Trolls in a cave? I can't get range and wittle them down with a bow like I usually do.
>>
>>231913
shit, thanks for the reminder OP, just refunded
>>
>>234119
Finally, a good post on this board.
>>
File: big thumb.jpg (38 KB, 398x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>238370
You can parry and block their normal punch and then counter attack, you can block their aoe smash attack/cleave IF your shield is strong enough (block power) and can absorb the damage. I haven't tried it with bronze shields but iron shields and up shouldn't be a problem. If I had to guess I'd say get at least bronze armour and shield.
>>
>>232842
Underage ban
>>
>>234007
>convince my friends to stop playing minecraft
Get friends over the age of 12
>>
>>239002
I dont think bronze does damage to them
>>
>>231913
I am.
It's okay. But I still don't get what sets it apart. I can do all of these things in other games like Conan Exiles.
>>
>>239121
seethe retard
>>
>>232826
this game is a lot of fun and looks fucking BEAUTIFUL for how crappy it looks lol
>>
>>234120
hahahahahaha how the fuck are you getting bullied by leeches hahaha nigga just walk away from the water like nigga stay on land

>holy shit 17 seconds of poison damage *hammers honey key*
>>
>>238341
yeah we have a big group playing but HO boy does the server lag when more than like 4 people are in the same playermade city. are there any fixes for this sort of thing that you know of?
>>
>>232816
this.
if the bug is a minor edge-case and you're certain the bug is gonna stay contained and not bleed into future development, then there's no reason to waste money and hours fixing it.
>>
>>237134
Nah,have to stop everything you are doing because a meter is going to hit zero that if you dont fill it up in time will kill you if fucking bullshit in itself.
>>
>>231913
because i know nothing about it and wasn't aware of its existence until today. valheimpill me. survival games give me a headache and a hardon, i need to know more.
initially i confused it with that weird indie rts base building viking game gearbox announced, whose name i can't remember now.
>>
>>237206
>That's not because its popular but ok. Also are you honestly implying "survival" mechanics are hardcore?
They're obviously too hardcore for casual players.
>>
>>232842
do an hero
>>
File: valheim_QcW052Swit.png (34 KB, 68x285)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>239204
Cook yourself some food, nigga
>>
>Oh boy, time to go into the swamp for iron!
>better park my boat close to the shore so the asshole leeches don't kill me on the way back to it
>super red blob hops in and immediately poisons
>my stuff is on the other side of a river, guarded by T W O elite blobs and a pile of archers
Whelp, time for a new game. It was fun
>>
>>239371
It downplays a lot of the horseshit tedium of survival games. Chopping down one tree gives you enough wood to build half your base, and food is easily gotten. Also, food only buffs you for combat, there's no survival meters, meaning you don't have to drink every 3 minutes or your character will die.
The combat is easily best in the genre too, simply because it's actually functional and isn't absolutely dogshit like literally any other game.
>>
>>231913
sell this game to me /vm/
>>
Any advice on where to build up a base now that I'm getting access to the swamp? Not sure if I should relocate close to the swamp so I can harvest iron easier.
>>
>>240303
If I could just FUCKING aim up/down and hit greyshits on slight inclines it'd be perfect
>>
>>240319
It's what's in!
You don't want to be out, do you?
>>
>>231913
looks too much like wow
>>
>>231913
another survival open world twitch game

no thanks

will die within a few months like all the others.
who gives a fuck
>>
>>231913
I usually hate third person games and do not think it fits survival well. I played this game and it was okay. It has some fortnite vibes with the art, building, and gameplay which is a little off putting. I also think the game is very overrated. It was fun but the boss battles were easy to cheese and the gameplay feels wide as an ocean deep as a puddle. There is a lot of stuff but not really any depth or nuance. Idk, it can be fun and is worth the money, just overrated.
>>
>>231913
I like it, and I normally hate these types of games.
>>
I love tacking upwind with the Karve bros
>>
>>231931
>>232659
i hate to break it to you, but one of your friends probably got butthurt and destroyed everything overnight
use dedicated servers.
>>
>>231913
Because the first day I played it I didn't eat or drink anything for 16 hours and remembered what happened to my WoW friends in middle school lmao. I'm fucking 30, can't do that to myself.
>>
Dragon eggs for dragon boss really heavy thoo
>>
nae friends to play with
>>
>>232659
>>231931
nah there's a world eater bug that causes everything in your world to be deleted
usually happens if you alt-f4 or the game crashes while in the middle of saving the map but sometimes it just happens randomly too
just remember to back your shit up every day or 2
>>
>>231913
Played it and finished it. Was a lot of fun with a group of 5. Took forever to find the last boss, my friend spent so much time just sailing to different plains biomes. I'd recommend it if you have a solid group and want to have some laughs together.
>>
File: 1614025648675.jpg (132 KB, 812x901)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Had a great time playing with my roommates up until a certain point.

>Being viking bros and having a good time
>Get to swamp
>Slimes are so poorly fucking tuned
>Every trip results in hordes of leeches chasing us
>Only nearby biomes are plains, which have mobs that one shot us
>Takes 15 min by longboat to get there
>Cool, we'll just make a forward base to make things easier
>Plan to make a river-crossing castle. Think of the Twins from Game of Thrones.
>Going to make big road from main base to New fort so cart can easily carry supplies to and from
>Spend hours collecting materials to make an ultra-Fort
>Start working on it. Making sure everything is grounded and reinforced
>Random parts of Fort start disappearing. Not even "exploding", but straight disappearing
>After troubleshooting for an hour, can feel the frustration in my friend's voices.
>Give up and play Minecraft
>>
Played it. It's ok. I'd rather play Conan Exiles though which is a better game in the same vein.
>>
>>234133
Sounds like Terraria
>>
>>231913
https://youtu.be/wixiSGqUUys
>>
>>231913

Played for 1.5 hours, combat is dogshit, crafting is basic, world is basic. It's all so basic, if this game came out 5 years ago sure I'd probably enjoy it more but at this point it feels like any other half-baked survival craft.
>>
>>234157
Only had one crash in multiplayer abt ~15 hours in
>>
>>232543
What does that matter?
Play the game and form your own opinions you dumb leech.
>>
>>231913
I have literally zero interest.
>>
Why aren't you playing csgo? It is much more popular than valheim. It's almost like popularity isn't a reason to play a game.
>>
>>242850

Starting a New Server :ayylmao
: notodayrabbi
>>
>>232543
>literally every game
>>
>>231913
I get to have fun playing Old School Farming Simulator, because the combat isn't very good.
I turned 3 Carrot seeds and later 3 Turnip seeds, into a food production machine.
>friends keep yelling at me to stop putting crops back into seeds, and just eat everything, because "we'll just find more seeds"
>I ignore that, and continue putting 100% of the harvest back into seeds
>require multiple expansions of the garden, including having to move the entire base further away
>friends eventually see the progress I made
>turned those 6 seeds into more food than we can actually eat between harvests
They quickly shut the fuck up, about me wasting time with farming.
>end up with more than 500 Carrot and 500 Turnip seeds after each harvest cycle, after setting aside ~66% for eating
>suddenly farming takes 30+ minutes to even plant all the seeds
Pretty hyped to do it all again, with Barley and Flax, once we build a base in the Plains.
>>
>>231924
That's not what streambait means.
Streambait is a dumb game that they can yell, and make loud noises over, while letting the kids watching laugh.
I don't know many people who can turn Viking Terraria into that.
You're thinking of something like Fall Guys or Among Us. Those are streambait games.
Valheim would only bait people into watching another stream.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.