[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (2.05 MB, 1280x720)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
crush promises "combat 2.0", without CFTP and animations that are NOT from him, a bright future lies ahead.
but knowing triternion, all we'll get is flat circle maps and removing actual ones from skirmish.
>>
I just want it to be good. Hopefully any new invasion/frontline maps we get will be better now that Battle Royale is dead.
>>
Some new maps are desperately needed. People have said the Chivalry maps were great but it's been so long since I've played that I don't remember what they were like. What is it that made them better than Mordhau maps?
>>
>>225821
mostly nostalgia, but some chivalry maps were built using classic game map formulae, that were classic game map formulae for a reason.
>>
>>225834
>classic game map formulae
What do you mean by this?
Think I remember reading that the maps in Mordhau are made before considering how they're played and that's why there's a lot of unused space in them
>>
File: 1602890409597.png (1.56 MB, 1232x2140)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>225774
i bet crush is retarded enough to push combat 2.0 out without internal testing and pushing it to the test level
>>
>>225836
One main pathway you fight along with side flanking pathways instead of the maze of hallways with no flow that are the mordhau maps.
>>
File: unknown.png (409 KB, 1609x1060)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>flat map with a fort on two ends
heres your new map bro
also frontlines only
>>
File: unknown.jpg (835 KB, 2280x1219)
835 KB
835 KB JPG
wait, there are some rocks and trees. So epic so its not completely flat. This is truly worth the wait
>>
removing environmental kills on the big modes.
>we can leave the fun env traps to brawl ffa and tdm etc
>>
File: Capture.jpg (25 KB, 704x317)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>225898
>>
File: 1564058759980.jpg (386 KB, 1323x840)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>225821
>What is it that made them better than Mordhau maps?
they actually focused players onto the objective, with just enough elbow room for flanks while still keeping said flanks within the context of the focused objective
look at castello; there are entire swaths of the map unused and so far disconnected from the objectives that you are nothing more than a wasted slot on the scoreboard or worse, you'll be able to precap the next objective the moment the last objective was completed like on mountain pass or taiga
chiv's spawns were unreachable and mostly untouchable due to map object collisions instead of the lazy and a lot of times terribly placed out of bounds mordhau has, not to mention the outright garbage spawn locations like on mountain pass' 2nd to final defense spawn
lastly i'll just add chiv's maps were built thematically with masons and fagatha being the stereotypical bad guys and good guys where the maps and the objectives in them mirrored this evil or good
it was topical enough not to distract from the main draw of melee combat, but it was there and it immersed the players
>>
>>225953
>chiv's spawns were unreachable and mostly untouchable due to map object collisions instead of the lazy and a lot of times terribly placed out of bounds mordhau has, not to mention the outright garbage spawn locations like on mountain pass' 2nd to final defense spawn
i agree that this is a problem in mordhau, dedicated spawn areas like in tf2 would be better

>>225898
>>225899
rip, i've never had a problem with any spikes
>>
Mordhau really needs more verticality.
The maps are flat as fuck but there is no incentive to make them otherwise except parkour.
Having the high ground is basically a death sentence because of how parries work and there is no plunging attacks, instead you just fall to the ground when landing on an enemy and the only item that benefits from height is the few and frontline only droppable rocks.

>>225886
lmao nice runescape map
>>
>>225953
>>226155
I think they could fix the issue of the spawns being so campable if they made larger dead zones. For most maps you can walk into their spawn itself before the timer starts, but if they made it so you died before you could reach them the issue wouldn't be as bad.
Like with the left fort on >>225886, if you spawned in the back area but had the whole thing as a dead zone you'd actually have somewhere to retreat to/attack out from if you're pushed all the way back to spawn.
>>
>>225886
this is crossroads 2.0
holy shit why mordhau devs are so retarded
>>
File: mobahau.png (1.46 MB, 1303x672)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>225890
nice 3 lane map, wonder where they got this ingenious idea
>>
>>226487
mid or feed
>>
ded game
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 495x97)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>226603
more than for honor lol
>>
>>225886
>>225890
seems way too straight forward. the team that is slightly better will instantly win and end the game every time. that bridge however would be fun to fight on in invasion if anything is done with it. fight in shallow water or on top of/under the bridge to take the fist fort
>>
how do you differentiate people using autoblock vs legit? I see people complaining about cheaters but I can't differentiate them.
>>
>>225886
I love 2fort
>>
>>227080
if they turn around when you hit them in the back and counter kick every single of your kicks its autoblock.
>>
>>227108
but I played on Perdita server today and people said that someone uses autoblock, but I feinted that guy and my grand mace got him with ease
>>
>>227109
then he isnt.
>>
>>227110
So I assume people with autoblock magically blocks any attack and you can't juke them with feint or morph or even basic strafing?
>>
>>227112
thats what it does, basically.
you can bait parries by missing attacks from the shitty cheap ones but some override the parry delay, at which point you can only outstam them.
>>
>autoblock
being gay enough to do this
>>
>>225886
Hey that's blood gulch 2000 years before the formation of the USNC
>>
Buff horse
>>
>>227112
depends what kind of autoparry they use
just spam 0ms accels and do 499ms insider drags
most of the time you can just spam insiders and see if the cheat is good enough to handle those (usually they arent)
im not sure about the other kind of autoparry bot, it works like sekiro parry where he can spam them with no cooldown and just catch any time of attack you do, though its obviously stupid fucking obvious and you can just demorec him and report to the devs for a easy ban
>>
I basically only run around as dwarf and mess around enemy team usually ignores me whenever they see me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eakXskL146o
>>
>Friendly and tenacious perks have been removed, and rolled into the default combat.
>Players will not be dismounted when hit on a vehicle by teammates. This will help prevent engineers >getting their ballista stolen, and rude teammates trying to steal vehicles from each other
cringe. this next patch is going to shit
>>
>>227463
>I can now upgrade a bunch of short swords into cleavers
Based
>>
>>225834
no it isnt mostly nostalgia
they were straightup better designed maps, had better objectives, they were more immersive and unique (the mason fort set on a volcano comes to mind)
not to mention they got players to design maps and some of the most kino custom maps like belmez gotta added to normal rotation
in comparison turdhau maps were all designed for frontline (bar castello) and end up feeling directionless and lame in comparison, even castello itself is poorly designed and has you running up flights of stairs every respawn and only utilises maybe 25% of the entire mapspace some dedicated autist spent 2 years creating
the grand final pisstake is that instead of utilising these vast empty spaces which arent utilised in any mode for say brawl (you could easily make a handful of decent skirm maps from existing areas, like the fields around feitora or the church on grad) they instead spend time creating flat empty circles with different set dressings
>>
I wish battle royale was still alive, that is probably the only mode where you could fight in every part of Castello
>>
>>227463
>I can now wait until the engi leaves the cata briefly to line it up, hop on, then watch him get pissed as fuck trying to get me off
based
>>
>>227575
>he starts kicking you
>it doesnt knock you off
>he just keeps going
>start a votekick against him
>he has over 30% team damage from all the time he spent kicking you
>he starts throwing up a panicked defense in chat "w-w-w-wwait he stole the catapult hes a troll pls pagedown"
>Engineer has left the server
>Engineer has joined the server
>Engineer has joined the server
>>
>>227463
>tenacious is now default perk
Why, this is just making bandages more useless than they are
>>
>>227562
>the grand final pisstake is that instead of utilising these vast empty spaces which arent utilised in any mode for say brawl (you could easily make a handful of decent skirm maps from existing areas, like the fields around feitora or the church on grad) they instead spend time creating flat empty circles with different set dressings
THIS. THIS MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD.

Feitoria was the BEST skirmish experience i've ever had, over a thousand hours spent on that map alone.
What do they do in Patch? they fucking remove it and replace it with faggy circles because they didnt realize all the wannabe esports are playing on beb already
instead of backing down they instead add another fucking one.

speaking of skirmish, a map that utilizes the other areas of castello would be great. rip flying ladders btw.
>>
>friendly will be part of normal gameplay
fuck you nigger devs. 1vX made more difficult, again. Enemies being fucking retards and swinging like monkeys in a crazed bloodlust, damaging or killing their teammates trying to hit me is part of the game. Now they will just do a little scratch
>>
>>227639
this
>>228032
and this

on top of all of the bullshit map pools and design
why can't triternion make an enjoyable game?
>>
>>228032
>can't fisticuffs duel my friend whenever his dumbass gets in my way because we'll do no damage
Oh well at least I get to go back to zwei and halberd horizontals with zero drawbacks.
>>
they better not fucking apply tenacious and friendly on start to skirmish.
that would turn the mode absolute aids.
>>
>>227642
feitoria skirmish was actually dogshit though, it was way too open, just a breeding ground for dumb faggots to delay and waste time, same with grad
they shouldve placed the play area for skirmish outside the walls on both these maps, or at the very least made many different variations in different areas, not just sticking it in the center of a huge town and saying job done
also i didnt know they removed castello from brawl entirely, that was actually one of the few decent skirm maps made from the huge team objective ones, enough obstacles to not be a flat circle but not so big every game is an hour long ordeal
>>
File: nigger above.png (9 KB, 800x600)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
They should finally decide if the game should be hyper competitive dicksucking or medieval tf2
>>
>>228129
its been and will be the former as far as combat balance is concerned, stay mad
>>
Holy fuck these developers are retarded. Mordhau today is NOT the mordhau I invested 30 bucks on when it first came out. This is about the equivalent of me selling you an appliance and taking away features you paid for every single year. Do these devs NOT have a particular vision for this game?

Here's my fucking advice. Go back to the first patch and keep the weapon and perk fixes but for fuck's sake stop raping your own game.

Making friendly and tenacious defaults will lead to making other perks defaults. Might as well add wrecker to all axes and hammers, make pick up only equipment slots default.

At this point I don't even want to play Mordhau anymore if a particular way I play is only going to get nerfed. You're literally forcing me to go third person with Falx, second wind, and dodge at this point
>>
>>228275
>Might as well add wrecker to all axes and hammers
lmfao don't say that they're probably going to read this and do it
Remember baxes doing 50 stamina damage to shields?
>>
>starts chambering
>2 chambers then enemy CFTP
how do I counter this?
>>
>>228275
first patch still has crush anims so thats completely fucking pointless and a waste of time
the shit that is going to actually, tangibly kill mordhau is the ddos that goes on every goddamn evening
>>
>continues to cater to sweaties exclusively
this shit is why I stopped playing, stop making fun builds useless you cunt devs.
>inb4 strawmans
>>
File: depressed megumin.png (755 KB, 767x720)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
>Chivalry goes to shit after massive catering to compfags and exploiters murders the playerbase
>devs of Mordhau make their game to avoid that exact situation
>go on to make those same mistakes regardless
I got more than my money's worth out of this game, especially since it's PVP focused, but holy fuck when will the horseshit end. I just want one good multiplayer game not ruined by dev incompetence and dev faggotry
>>
>>228393
mordhau was made by chiv comp players and was made for comp since the inception man
>>
>>228413
I remember it being people annoyed with the ballerina horseshit plaguing Chiv
>>
>>228388
>>228393
>game that requires skill: *exists*
>casuals: REEEEEEEE WHY ARE PEOPLE GETTING BETTER AND PLAYING META

uninstall the game already shitter
>>
>>228442
nice strawman you massive fucking faggot
>>
Mordhau devs have forced me to go back to Blade and Soul. Are you happy now you shitty devs?
>>
>>228474
Mordhau devs dumbass decisions almost made me go back to Chivalry out of pure nostalgia. Thankfully I didn't.
>>
>>228113
go back to africa
>>228208
You like skub because i say so, fuck skub haha you just got rekt son stay mad skubfag :) im so good at internet arguments
>>
"We don't want to go the same way chivalry did"
>haha no you see the devs played chivalry so they obviously want to make chivalry with better graphics, my ass is the best source ever
>>
>>225899
wtf are they removing spikes now too?? They're so satisfying to use! God fucking damnit, no fun allowed. At least give the engineers the ability to place wall spikes then.
>>
>>226174
>there is no incentive to make them otherwise except parkour.
I think there is incentive. Maybe I'm missing something, but in general, headshot damage is higher than leg damage, meaning fighting top-down you have a damage-dealing advantage.

And with verticality like walls, towers, and bridges, you can use throwables on melee dudes without them fighting back. Fish in a barrel kind of thing.

>>227108
I do this sometimes, but I never cheat. It's just timing and intuition.
>>
>>228421
compared to chivalry mordhau is unequivocally tame
>>
>>228129
>>228393
>>228413
this is what bothers me the most. I got tricked by this trailer, thinking I was in for a medieval battlefield game. Turns out it was more of a sales tactic.
https://youtu.be/THKTfTFVfOY

I mean invasion isn't all bad, but it's left to rot and always comes last as a fucking afterthought. First prio is catering to the sweaty competitive e-celeb aristocracy. We should have 16 different invasion maps at this point if they gave a shit. At least give us the tools if you're gonna have 1 person making new maps as a part time job. With a proper dev kit we could increase development of maps and modes a thousandfold. I'd love to try and make maps for this game but it's such a fucking chore getting everything to work I can't be assed.

A game is dead when the casuals and noobs are gone. The devs priority seem to push towards that. If Mordhau doesn't get more creative and relaxed it's gonna die as a tryhard circlejerk.
>inb4 muh skill
>>
>>228642
funnily enough the ones complaining about creativity in mordhau are casuals
>WTF FIREBOMB TOO OP I WANT TO ONLY SWING MY SWORD AROUND
>firebomb gets nerfed thrice
>WTF FIREBOMB TOO WEAK UNCREATIVE GAME
>>
>>228652
Some people like firebombs, some don't. I dont see how this balancing is related to creativity. Creativity means new things. There's a lack of new experiences.
>>
>>228669
like what "new experiences"
>>
>instantly killing a horsefag from the ground with a well timed strike
weapons for this feel
ive pulled it off with the GS and BA
>>
>>228674
New maps
New modes
New vehicles
>mobile ladders
>controllable siege towers
>mobile archer cover
>>
>>228678
Bardiche for best "fuck-you" feel. Great leg damage.
Halberd is good too.

Spear also works but stabbing doesn't give you the feel as striking does.
Obviously Billhooks are best anti-horse faggotry because they guarantee dismount on hit, but they do less damage so may not instakill if horse is not full speed.
>>
>>228678
Executioner Sword
>>
File: 300% mad.jpg (40 KB, 500x738)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>225899
>removing spikes
WHY
WHY IS IT EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
TIME
A GAME GETS MORE "COMPETITIVE"
THEY REMOVE ALL OF THE FUN SHIT LIKE STAGE HAZARDS OR BUILDIBLES
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS FUCKING PHENOMENON
>>
>>228629
I mean you're not wrong, it definitely is, but it's still a huge fucking issue that has yet to be fixed. Every fight shouldn't devolve into people swinging while looking at the fucking floor.
>>
File: 614.jpg (53 KB, 600x800)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
coom
>>
>>228684
would break game
is already in game
pavise
>>
>>228713
"competitive" is codeword for boring
>>
>>228723
No fucking shit, this happens in literally every game. I'll just use Company of Heroes 2 as an example
>compfags had the map-based mines removed from the middle point, what previously required people to actually think and get something capable of removing them or focusing on the other points turned it into yet another normal map
>the removal of coldtech also made winter maps completely boring and made their existence pointless as they offer almost nothing different from standard maps.
Compniggers get the rope
>>
>>228561
>go back to africa
HELLO MAYBE YOU SAW ME IN GAME BUT IT'S ME THAT GUY WHO CAN'T PLAY MORDHAU FOR 6 MONTHS BECAUSE IN AFRICA
>>
File: mobile archer cover.jpg (667 KB, 1285x879)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
>>228722
no? wtf?
no. You can't control the tower on feitoria. It's scripted.
no. Way too small. Was thinking vehicle like the cata. See pic.
>>
>>228713
STERILIZE
AND
OPTIMIZE

truly, fun is not allowed anymore
>>
>>228735
>“given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game”
>>
>>228735
>>228747
This is why 3x smoke meta still reigns supreme
>>
>>228763
>>228735
I bet they nerfed caveman builds too didn't they?
>>
>>228561
im actually an african mercenary i work for the iron company eat my shit whit boi
>>
>>228722
why are you such a fangay you are actually defending the lazy fuck devs who add nothing new to the game except circle flat maps?
>>
>>228804
Probably dev/discord shill monitoring where dissent is coming from
>>
>people bitching about firebombs and spikes while the game is still horrendously unplayable from the DDOS and bugged animations
lmao, get your fucking priorities straight
>>
>>228819
which just goes to show how useless the devs are when theyre doing things like removing hazards from already boring maps when the core balance and animations suck dick
>>
File: 1612119349575.jpg (9 KB, 209x213)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>duels aren't fun
>public matches are low levels and maybe two level 200s
>ranked is dead
>those terrible polearm animations that won't be fixed for months
>runhau
>rat builds
>CTFP
>instant accels
>late ripostes insiders
>>
>>228875
nothing wrong with rat builds
cftp is fucking aids and can go die
>>
>>228907
playing 1/2/3 frontline in comp skm is viable bc you can always jump to avoid getting hit in the head (so you are effectively 3 htk) meanwhile you have rat speed
>>
>>228912
thats 10 stamina without acrobat gone just for taking slightly less damage
>>
>>228875
>rat builds
explain? rat and cat both seemed retarded outside of a couple dumb memes
>>
>>228924
rat is a meme, but cat is extremely useful. Dont have to worry about falling off shit during a fight, can jump off ledges to escape, can take big shortcuts.
>>
>>228924
rat builds dont actually use rat
its a term coined by retarded vatnik compfags complaining about anything with t2 and below because they are shit at footwork
>>
>>228928
Cat I keep on one of my meme duelists for shit like feitora where i bait people into chasing me off shit, otherwise falling damage is so rare and avoidable I don't bother.
>>
File: 1557644510454.gif (2.73 MB, 301x146)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB GIF
please devs just release the sdk or at least hire a map creator that understands the core playerbase is playing invasion
>>
>>228924
rat is running extremely low armor and outspeeding the turncaps on slower weps
extremely noticeable if you use polehammer or zwei or exec where people can simply run into your accels or run circles around you because the turncap is like moving a brick
>>
>enemy is doing gay shit with swings aimed at toes
>jump it
>kick them in the head since they've stuck in right in the way of your foot
I've only done this 1ish times but it was fun.
>>
a clickbaiter is making fun of us bros...
https://youtu.be/DbNe46EUN1Y
>>
>>228942
>same guy who was doomposting about bannerlord earlier
I'm glad he's got ads on so I don't have to waste any time watching that shit.
>>
>>228951
yes the video is shit dont bother watching it. It is just 10 minutes of
>mordhau is dying because the community is toxic
>>
>>228954
>aka he's just a bitch
You dropped this
Mordhau's a sweaty game, even if you're not into compshit.
>>
>>228942

god how can someone sound like such a faggot? truly feel bad for him
>>
>>228951
you use youtube without adblock? the fuck bro?
>>
130ms red parries
im going to quit this game
you won crush, you got me to quit your shit game
>>
>>229045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwfxkkxFsnQ
>>
File: Capture.jpg (79 KB, 706x832)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
the open world survival mod updated
there are now human bots to fight, inventory, some other shit
>>
>>228678
Tank, /w war axe/battle axe
>>
my swing keeps missing its target, WHAT DO??
>>
So did the devs actually fix any of the actual issues with this game or just nerf shit that wasn't broken or mostly used in shit meme builds?
>>
>>229359
>tfw this is a more interesting update than anything crush shits out
>>
>>229508
>just nerf shit that wasn't broken or mostly used in shit meme builds?
Yeah
>>
>>229359
fabula is a great mod, i love it
>>
>>229634
Would you say it's fabulas?
>>
Why are there no other games with combat like this? Mordhau with wizards where? What the fuck, why does every single other goddamn motherfucking game suck so much fucking dick this piece of shit is the literal ONLY game worth playing on the fucking market and will be for the entire goddamn future until we have goddamn MORDHAU with fucking WIZARDS.
>>
>>229735
>Mordhau with wizards where
I think there was something called Mystic but no one like it
Or you could
You know
DARK MESSIAH OF MIGHT AND MAGIC
>>
>>229359
will this mod add magic at some point?
>>
this thing scared the shit out of me because it approached me without a sound. at least the wolves growl at you, this thing is silent until it starts attacking you. Wish you could block animals/zombie attack
>>
>>229843
your estoc is fucking ugly
>>
>>229359
>>229843
how do I play this? no instructions on the mod page
>>
>>229997
There are two servers
EU: Fabula Official Server
NA: Narnia but the door is a janitors closet
just search for them in the server browser, join, and it will auto-download the mod
>>
to get that retarded jitter bug you have to use a weapon that has the "forward" stance, so polehammer/halberd/poleaxe axe mode/billhook alt mode/zwei alt/gs alt/any mordhau mode

theres a seperate bug with special stance that main mode estoc and messer have that if you look down and do a right sided stab it fucks up

all of these anims require you to be standing still until release starts and landing a delayed WT riposte, doesnt seem to work with uppercuts just overheads/sweeps
>>
>>225886
they put a huge bridge that actually looks like it could be cool to fight on but instead we get another dirt flatland
>>
>>225774
>crush promises "combat 2.0", without CFTP
I haven't checked for a while, may I have a source for that ?
>>
Bring back horselording to where it was at release, it was never my fault you faggots wanted to fight cav in open fields without polearms (or a toolbox lol)
>>
>>230435
revert toolbox and revert to rearing horses again
remove the gay fucking couch timer
length buff to billhook main
make horses able to turn

there fixed cavalry
>>
I ahven't played this game for 6 months what changed since then?
>>
>>230493
sorry I misspelled haven't
>>
>>230493
the meta is now donning light armor and running from attacks.
>>
>>228652
>>228669
I used to have an arsonist build that took 3 firebombs and picked up weapons. It was my least effective build, but the most fun one. Then they nerfed fun and I haven't played much since.
>>
>>230518
Join the 3x smoke side m'lord
>>
Civ 2 will essentially kill Mordhau. Sure the autist duelfags will stay, but the masses that just want a fun medieval battle game will switch.
>>
>>230528
Chiv 2*
>>
>>230528
that would be possible if they didn't went epic exclusive for year 1.
>>
>>230542
Yeah they lost me on that too
>>
File: crush0000.png (247 KB, 1231x831)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>
>>230629
>full of racism
NOOOO NOT RACISMS!!
how would changing combat lower racism in comp? what a retard
>>
File: 1528700185321.gif (2.03 MB, 320x240)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
>>230629
so the devs really are a 1 trick pony
they're over specializing for the sake of a small fraction of their playerbase and the funniest part is they think this overspecialization will actually further shrink this already small fraction of the playerbase
meanwhile their most popular game mode continues to wallow in it's own mediocrity
>>
If crush were to one day wake up and tie a rope to the ceiling fan this game would improve immensely
>>
>>230494
Wow that sounds like a lots of fun ha ha
>>
>>230664
meant for >>230511
>>
>>230528
whats this autistic and insane cope
>melee slasher comes out
>oh wow this is fun i sure hope the metafags dont come and ruin i-
>meta develops
>casuals leave
>melee slasher comes out
>meta develops
>casuals leave
>melee slasher comes out
>meta develops
>casuals leave
you retards are no better than codfags who buy it yearly with the hope that maybe this years cod will be better than the last
>>
>>230629
I can't understand this. Does he want feintfags to win or not? Why even have feint in the game if not.
>>
>>230629
>why would i spend my time trying to keep 30 people entertained
>tries to please the other 30 that don't like the dead comp scene
fucking stop focusing on that shit 99% of players wont notice the difference anyways
>>
>>230727
pissed little tf2 refugee
>>
>>230629
>competitive
JUST ADD FRONTLINE MAPS YOU STUPID FAGGOT
>>
>>230435

Agreed. Good players rarely died to horses charging them head on anyways. Horses should require a specific counter to defeat, not be a meme.
>>
Well-designed map when?
>>
File: unknown.jpg (1.19 MB, 2410x1262)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
How many months have they spent working on this new map they are talking about now? Look at this fucking shit. what a joke
>>
>>230844
What a nice park
What a shit map
>>
Can't do it anymore lads. I used to be really motivated to try and get good at duels but now I just charge in with a falx in third person. I've lost all determination to play this game. If the devs are reading this, thank you for trying, but your game sucks balls now.
>>
File: qualitymapdesign.png (2.79 MB, 1980x1082)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
>>230844
looks like a quarter the size of chivs dark forest
when will mordhau devs figure out they can rip directly off chiv maps and vastly improve the game for the majority of their players?
>>
what if this game had competent devs
>>
>>230518
Heres how you 4x firebomb
Take the extra inventory slot perk
Take the reduced supply locker cooldown perk
Take 1 firebomb
drop it
resupply
drop that one
resupply
drop that one
resupply
pick up your 3 extra firebombs

Granted you spend like 2 minutes doing fuck all to be funny for like 8 seconds but hey, smoke carrying engies never see the double firepot coming.
>>
>>230542
This
>>
>>230841
Grad keep is peak map design
>>
File: 1604553997454.jpg (93 KB, 720x405)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Gonna start playing this tomorrow on my day off. What's the fastest way from newb to gud?
>>
>>231036
rmb to parry
go frontline
stay away from scoundrel and huntsman, use knight, footman, veteran
>>
>>231036
Focus on footwork and where you put yourself. Don't charge into the enemy like a retard.
>>
>>230435
List of previous horse counters:
>spear
>billhook (needed a buff)
>toolbox walls
>toolbox spikes
>toolbox ballista
>bows and xbows
>javelins
>your own cav
mongs got couched in open terrain over and over, refused to adapt, and cried on forums over and over until we have present day meme horse that you could safely add to Castello because of how hard they'd get raped
>>
>>230951
you are a good man
>>
>45 day chat ban for saying nigger
>>
>>230677
Mordhau is a lot more complicated with a much higher skill ceiling than Chivalry. That's great for a comp scene, but if you're just some casual who wants to hop in for an hour here and there and swing swords at people it's not so great. It takes a long time to "git gud" enough that you're not just getting rekt constantly. Also, I personally don't really like Mordhau's combat system. Unreadable attacks, spaz dragging, CTFP, all that shit is janky and unfun imo.
>>
File: 20200118_210144.jpg (10 KB, 276x428)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>231036
>>231083
Thanks anons
>>
>>231059
Why are those classes bad and good?
>>
>>231192
>scoundrel
no armor, has gimmicks that are completely useless to newer players and are better on a dedicated build anyways
>huntsman
playing with longbow builds bad habits
>knight
t3 and fleshwound, together with longsword. allrounder and high survivability.
>footman
spear is an easy weapon to learn, medkits provide good support for teammates, warhammer is a reliable backup
good for being helpful in fights without hitting teammates in the back or bodyblocking
>veteran
armored and with the highest damage weapon for default classes
>>
>>230995
that's not castello
>>
If you have to be a bowtard at least do 1/1/1 recurve/arming/medic and don't shy away from the sword
>>
>>231237
Í loved it when teammates keep shooting my head
>>
>>231241
Is it before or after you see them with a bow and run in front of them anyway, because as a frequent engineer player I suffer from this all the time with the ballista.
>>
>>230995
Maybe if defenders could actually defend the castle. Having 10+ entry points, what is even the point of it being a castle
>>
It isn't hard to do
>>
>>231268
i said only the keep not the map itself
>>
>>228297
wait for the combat update, they are taking chambering out of the game completely
>>
>>231237
I do 3/3/1 recurve quarterstaff pavise mostly to bait people into coming in for an easy kill before slapping their shit with the staff accels
>>
>>231421
>3/3/1 recurve quarterstaff pavise
Based. You should have maximum fun so they nerf this
>>
>>225774
what the fuck is CFTP
>>
>>231481
chamber feint to parry
>>
>cftp is op
literally how was crushed even convinced of this, was it because its the only way to defend yourself from 50/50 scenarios?
does everyone in euroland have 0 ping so they just dont use cftp?
you literally cant fight someone who understands accel/insider abuse if you yourself dont know cftp, youll get farmed 0-10 trivially
on top of that its also essential to use especially if you have high ping, in america the servers are too spread far out to ever get consistent ping, imagine trying to parry with 80 ping and getting told your sole mechanic that allows you to defend yourself is being removed
>>
>>231364
>they are taking chambering out of the game completely
fucking dropped
crush is a fucking retarded piece of shit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 698x364)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>
>>231547
>does everyone in euroland have 0 ping
i have 40ms when connecting to russian servers from middle europe
get ethernet and fiber cables or write your local jews that they should stop throttling the speed so you can stop getting rekt by 50/50 ponies
>>
>>231547
They are changing the combat completely, not only removing cftp.
>>
>>231568
>riposte curved animation progression
eh, not too bad.
>weapon animation changes
finally. crush fucked the animations of polearms so hard and hearing that they finally got a professional to do them is great.

so far so go-
>chamber removal
WHY THE FUCK.
WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA, IT IS AN INTERESTING MECHANIC THAT ELEVATED THIS GAME ABOVE SHITVALRY AND NOW THEY WANT TO REMOVE IT?
>dedicated feint punish mechanic
WE ALREADY HAVE A DEDICATED FEINT PUNISH AND ITS CALLED CHAMBERING YOU FUCKING NIGGERS, HOLY SHIT I HOPE CRUSH FALLS DOWN THE STAIRS GETS PARALYZED AND SUFFOCATES ON HIS OWN FUCKING VOMIT

>riposte feints
AND JUST WHEN THEY COULDNT GET MORE FUCKING RETARDED

ALL YOU HAD TO DO IS REDO THE ANIMATIONS AND WINDUPS AND MAYBE NERF CFTP BUT EVEN THAT IS TOO FUCKING HARD FOR THAT COKESNORTING DOWNIE FUCKING SPASTIC THAT WAS CONCEIVED AFTER HIS WHORE MOTHER HAD A GANGBANG WITH A PIG, A HORSE AND THREE POLES
>>
>>231797
>WE ALREADY HAVE A DEDICATED FEINT PUNISH
yeah its called my boot lmfao get kicked
>>
>>231805
>holds S
haha get fucked ez
>>
>>231813
*morphs into stab*
lmao
>>
>>231814
*accels overhead*
nice windup kid
>>
>>231568
>riposte curved animation progression
based
>weapon animation changes
based
>chamber removal
based
>dedicated feint punish mechanic
based
>riposte feints
based
the future is looking bright
>>
File: 1551580954340.png (7 KB, 323x262)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>
>>231917
>you disagree with me
>must be trolling
Mordhau's combat is unfun jank. These changes will make it better.
>>
>>231814
>cham-
Nevermind
>>
>>231919
oh wow youre genuinely retarded, my bad.
>>
>>231547
I play with 200ms ping, and blocking 3 hits or more in 1vX is so satisfying.
>>
So they will remove feint to parry? Me as lagger would be fucked.
>>
>>231949
cry more autist. the game is about to get a lot more fun for normal people.
>>
>>231997
stay small lol
>>
>>232024
stay gay
>>
>>231919
you cant even read a morph feint what makes you think removing chambers will help you in anyway
>>
>>232101
you coming on to me?
>>
>>232108
I'm reading morph feints rn
>>
File: Capture.jpg (6 KB, 653x82)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
this guy is actually fucking retarded
>hmm if only there was some shove like mechanic then we could go back to held block shields
i dont know maybe THE FUCKING KICK THAT EASILY COUNTERED HELD BLOCK RETARDS
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14 KB, 681x118)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
crush changed his mind about removing chambers since everybody called him a fucking retard. they instead will just remove chamber ftp somehow. Feints are getting reworked still, and they are also trying to add some shove/shield bash as a feint counter.

next i will put all of the reworked default classes into a single image for the anons who dont browse shitcord. He has not said how their perks will change, but they will, so it is just the cosmetic change he has shown
>>
>>232240
So what exactly are cftp? Based on the name it's when you start a chamber, feint it and then parry. A simple remove would just be making successful chambers unfeintable.
Maybe there'll be a range where you can't feint a weapon if it's too close to an enemy's.
>>
>>232243
its not feinting chambers, its making chamber attempts on attacks and feint to parrying if you can see the chamber wont be successful
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3.05 MB, 3087x2288)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
There may be new default classes, crush said he wants to add a crossbow and was talked out of adding a naked maulman. And he has not showed the default archer

>>232243
Enemy starts an attack, you go to chamber. If it is an accel or normal attack, you chamber it normally. If it is a drag, you feint and then parry it.
crush says it makes defense too strong so he wanted to take chambers out of the game completely for the upcoming combat overhaul. Caused backlash, now he has an unknown solution for it.
>>
>>232249
>>232253
Why not just remove feinting then, if you're going to remove either of them.
Cftp would just become accel-ftp.
Also, just fucking accel against drags lmao.
>>
>>231997
by normal people you mean retards, right?
>>
>>232233
Is crush so retarded we're about to revert back to ye olden days of shield because he's only just about to learn about kicks?

Please god let this be true, would be a comedic trophy for the ages.
>>
>>232257
You still don't understand what it is. That's okay because autists itt are too retarded to explain it to you.

You ATTEMPT to chamber an oncoming attack, now normally you'll land the chamber, but if your opponent drags, then you immediately click parry. I don't know why people think you need to feint AND parry, it is a chamber feint because you immediately parry instead of committing to the strike. That's all it is. Strike and parry buttons. You don't actually press feint. You CAN press feint however to delay the parry.
>>
>>232280
cftp is used for a variety of scenarios and chamber to parry is inherently weak because you can still outdrag it due to it just being a slightly delayed parry at that point

the chamber feint is to wait and study the drag and in other contexts like morph feints or buffer spam you chamber and feint and wait to see what theyll do after, if you chamber the 2nd hit on the morph and parry out because you thought itd hit you and he feinted it then you go punished
>>
>>232280
So it's just blocking when you fuck up an attack? How it this supposed to be some special move?
>>
>>232290
It's a high level safety net.
Chambers are already something the majority of the playerbase dont use and aren't smart enough to use. Combine that with the safety net of being able to parry if they recognize the chamber will be unsuccessful and it makes for a nearly impenetrable defensive move.

I personally have nothing against it, but I see where the butthurt stems from. I'm just laughing that crush is so fucking retarded and doesn't even know his own game that we might unironically go back to 1.0 shields
>>
>>227562
That reminds me of Mirage and makes me sad.
>>
>>231083
I can not for the life of me get this abstract concept of footwork. Why? Because everyone just uses the long as fuck weapons anyway. I get hit no matter how fancy I feel my feet get. Send help.
>>
>>231568
I'm really interested in the big reason chamber is going away/being modified. It was a huge selling point for the game when it was being shown off in the early stages. What the fuck happened, compfags comping too much or casualfags being too casual?
>>
>>232382
Part of it is your loadout. If you're using a short weapon with heavy armor in open terrain, you're going to get outranged by everyone. If you use that same loadout in tight buildings, you'll be able to lock down a hallway very well.
For light armor with short weapons in open terrain, it's a lot of circling around the enemy. You can move faster than their turncap.
>>
>>232387
Neither, it's the devs being retarded.
>>
>>232233
>>232240
That dumb nigger crush straight up lifted the idea of "shoving" from chiv 2 which has a "jab" attack.
>>
>>232430
Do you strafe? Just turn and run the opposite of their swings? I have potato brain when it comes to these kind of games. Even though I enjoy em, I wanna do the slapping not get slapped.
>>
>>232451
theres a lot to it
know that your location is essential on what you should do and what the other guy is thinking

are you sprinting into his attack? if you manage to stuff a few accels of his in that manner he will try to drag it instead with hard turncaps
when that happens you pretend to stuff but immediately turn around and run against the drag so it misses clean and you get a free hit

if its a really telegraphed and straight overhead you can merely duck under it or run horizontally against it to make him miss

just in general pressing S key and moving away from the attack to gain as much possible distance so you can properly tell if its an accel or drag is why footwork is the most important thing in the game, the most overpowered manip can be mitigated by simply moving away
>>
>>232451
If you want to try and get really fancy, if you see them winding up a huge horizontal swing

look down
Like literally look at your own feet
your model will bend 90 degrees over and you will unironically duck under it and piss them off
Takes some practice to recognize a big dumb horizontal like that but feels great when you do it
>>
>>232240
lol adeveth, thought he rqed mordhau
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (848 KB, 797x1246)
848 KB
848 KB JPG
big weekly notes this week. didnt bother reading them but here they are
>>
>>232253
shit tier fashion
>>
>>232382
basically its just moving away from the swing
up down left right
>>
>>232564
>ballista placement
they should just fucking leave it alone
every change they did to them has done nothing but make engie lives suck even more.
you dont even need ballista to glitch out of most maps
>>
>>232583
I think they mean the big ballistas that are fucking useless on every map because they are placed in retarded spots that makes no sense
>>
>>232564
>haha lol just a prank just seeing how you'd react, haha
>>
>>232253
damn that nu brigand looks depressed
>>
Post based engi builds
>>
>>232789
1-0-2
Dwarf
Hammer
Pavise shield to surf on it.
Or a smoke bomb to counter firebombs that get near your equipment or defenses
>>
Followed this guy to figure out how to break feitoria nobles out of the town. From now on all my feitoria holdouts will be in the mining tunnel
>>
File: Screenshot_2021-02-10.png (448 KB, 408x503)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>227355
incredible animations in this game, I can see why they call it "Chivalry but without the bullshit"
>>
>>228875
The game is still fun. Ranked being so dead is pretty sad though.
>>
HOW ARE THERE STILL ONLY SIX FUCKING FRONTLINE/INVASION MAPS
JUST RELEASE MORE MAPS
>>
File: Capture.jpg (148 KB, 1206x679)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>233121
>>
>>233121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA
>>
File: mokou.jpg (39 KB, 459x429)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>233324
this >>233170 is much worse
>>
>>233350
ive never seen that happen to me in 1500 hours of comp play, its probably some ini edit or cheat, like the original video says
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYURIFZuKPU
>>
>>233367
no its legit, been in game since release apparently, just happens under very specific circumstances and isnt actually completely useful
to do it you need to do a right overhead, "twisty wristy", late riposte with a polearm while looking straight down
>>
>>233369
actually, it works with overheads and horizontals, doesnt have to be a late riposte but it does have to be a down-right sided wristy twisty
it also works with a variety of weapons that share that spear idle pose, so stuff like paxe axe mode/zwei alt/billhook alt etc
>>
How do I take advantage of lag in frontline
>>
>>233596
use messer, look down on every riposte
if you are against someone better, for every 4 accels you do, do 1 footdrag
>>
>>232564
>it's fucking nothing
>>
>>233170
>>233121
lol this game is such garbage
>>
File: IMG_2328.jpg (52 KB, 600x596)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>233596
axe + shield
walk into teamfights and smack enemies in the sides for free kills
the lag makes it hard to block all of your rapid attack spam
>>
>>233816
tfw used to do this with cleaver before it got nerfed
would just 3 hit combo fucking diamond badge retards trying to farm frontlines for funsies before they get a single parry correct
compfags fear the fast neutral
>>
File: feelsgoodman1.webm (2.95 MB, 986x554)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
when's the next patch?
>>
>>233834
post your giant bro
>>
I don't know what to think when an archer is topping the leaderboard. The ranged options are such fucking garbage I don't know how they do it.
>>
>>233926
I'd be willing to bet most of it's melee kills with their backup weapon. There's this inverse correlation between how effective someone is with ranged weapons and how often they're able to use them. An annoying archer is constantly getting jumped.
>>
>>233834
An epic gamer moment ruined by being in 3rd person. Who the fuck plays Mordhau in 3rd person?
>>
>>233926
I have recurve and messer. I just stand right next to melee fights and shoot and wounded people, usually in top 5. Dont bother with huntsman if you are using a recurve it is a waste of points
>>
>>233834
>the one guy who survived
Ruined
>>
>enemy spots bear traps from across the map, around corners when they're hidden in shrubs
>teammates are magnetized to your unhidden bear trap the second you place it
why
they have a giant HUD icon for fuck's sake
>>
>>233949
Change your placement fagoli
>>
>>233962
t. stepped on a friendly bear trap
How are you so fucking stupid it beggars belief, watch where you're walking.
>>
I intentionally step on friendly beartraps all match then votekick them when they have like 20% friendly damage just so everybody automatically votes yes
>>
>>233965
Bear traps don't register as friendly damage you retard
>>
File: 1607548682758.jpg (148 KB, 600x820)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>233932
>not playing in 3rd
shiggy
>>
>>233962
Bear traps need to be placed in places an enemy will walk over it. It would just as well be an enemy bear trap that hit you except there's a huge indicator icon over friendly ones specifically so you don't run over it like a moron.
>>233965
Cringe LARP
>>
>not setting bear traps in front of Grad basement entrance right before red takes objective, run back to the ammo box, and immediately prepare to set more
Why even live
>>
>>231036
Learn to consistently chamber every angle so you don't just get feint spammed by every high level.
>>
>>230841
unironically all the strides in map-design are being done for horde mode. it fucking sucks
>>
File: 1467818206577.jpg (62 KB, 623x713)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>234384
>horde mode
>modded maps
>>
it's never too late to join the horde community :)
>>
So it's been two years and I notice that the Rat perk is still completely useless. Nobody makes any noise besides the barely audible footsteps. A guy in full plate makes the same amount of sound as a naked person. Like am I fucking crazy or what, I remember even Chivalry had the sound of plates clacking together and mail making ringing noises as you walked.
>>
>>234479
yeah, either armor should be louder or the rat perk should have massively increased crouch speed
>>
File: Capture.jpg (50 KB, 1019x632)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>the crossroads noble isnt overpow--
>>
File: disarm 3.webm (2.93 MB, 900x506)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>
>>231797
This. Chambers are fucking garbage because they get so punished by stuff like swing manip. Just make cftp cost more stam or something lmao. If they remove chambers there's no reason for me to play. Comp fags literally think feint spamming is the way the game should be played. LMAO doesn't even look like sword fighting just retarded wind up loop
>>
>>235465
they already changed their minds about removing chambers
>haha we were t-totally just kidding guys, we werent going to remove chambers! just seeing how you would all react!
>>
>>235439
>1h messer
post your boyfriend's aids pass
>>
>>225774
these games always get ruined by sweaty players abusing animations. It doesn't help that the developers for Mordhau are little bitches who wouldn't just let shields be shields and nerfed them into the ground because some whiny zweifaggot wouldn't stop complaining about shield & spear being an effective combination.
>>
>>235529
also they caved to the pressure for chat censorship. faggots.
>>
>>235543
I say niggers all the time in chat, the chatbox never gets censored
>>
>>230995
i bet youre one of those retards who votes grad in skirmish and hides underground on a ladder
>>
>>235581
didnt know that but am going to do now :^)
>>
>>235566
Yeah, obviously you didn't say the Holocaust didn't happen.
>which is objectively true
>>
File: unknown-35.png (23 KB, 412x60)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>235566
You just haven't come across a person reddit enough to report you in the discord
>>
did they ever add the scimmy into the actual game? I remember it being in the test room awhile back
>>
>>235687
they realized that a messer but faster would be absolute cancer
>>
why can a rapier block a zweihander without breaking? when you are a developer and your game is like this you have to ask yourself: is my game trash?
>>
>>235729
Why would a piece of steel break from another piece of steel hitting it, retard
>>
>>235736
HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SAY IT AGAIN SAY IT AGAIN AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHHA SAY IT SAY IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>235737
if i show you this video would you die from a stroke?
>>
>>235737
>>235739
one way to find out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrbDD7onr0o
>>
>>235741
yeah but dark souls is a fantasy while mordhau isnt.
the reason why i bring this up is they COULD make it so that rapiers simply cant block a zweihander. just by doing this the game gains a new layer of depth. and it could easily be balanced too. make the rapier perform much much better in close range than a zweihander and make the zweihander perform much much better at long range. make it so that you can still chamber specific attacks like thrusts. chambering a thrust would allow you to close distance. now in close range the rapier has an advantage. and the zweihander guy will want to back off and create a distance again to turn the advantage. could eeeaasily be balanced. and the game would be so much more interesting with these simple changes.
as it is right now your opponents weapon doesnt REALLY matter. there is 0 strategy. you go in and do your epic camera flips like some spastic no matter what. oh look my opponent has a rapier - guess im just gonna have a stroke and mash buttons. oh look my opponent has a zweihander - guess im just gonna have a stroke and mash buttons. who will be the superior button masher spastic? wowzie it says +50 when my sword hits and blood comes out and it makes funny soun. wowzie i chopped his head off while aiming at his legs. so much dopamine. so much fun. its a game for smoothbrain retard niggers.
>>
>>235755
You're coming off as a little bit salty and mad anon. The game isn't that bad
>>
anyone on the west coast wanna ft 10 rn?
>>
>>235668
be subtle when saying it
>>
NIGGER ahahahaha I'm soaring right now. 4chan basically is reddit though I got banned on biz for simply saying nigger in an otherwise normal business related post
>>
>>235839
are you ok bro?
>>
>>235839
nah jannies are just chaos agents who delete/ban with no real rhyme or reason. i'm sure there were several other people saying nigger in that thread whose posts weren't deleted
>>
>>235876
I once caught a 24 hour ban in /out/ for posting "off topic." My post was a reply to someone else's off topic post that wasn't deleted.
>>
>>235839
dude just change your ip and clear cookies
>>
>>235908
Kek, are you talking about the HEMA general that's up right now? /out/ was a mistake.
>>
>>235968
nah this was like a year ago
>>
The ballista placements on Grad and Camp are shit. The objectives are complete shit and the defenses always hinder the defenders more than the attackers. There are only 6 fucking maps and the map design is shit, utter shit. Absolutely disgraceful.
>>
>>236034
Map design is the game's weak link by far. Triternion made an awesome combat system and thought it would be fine if they just sort of mapped out some blobs of terrain and let people fight in them. Almost ever map is either a jumbled clusterfuck (Castelio, Feitoria) or an empty non-map (Crossroads, Camp--Camp is actually one of my favorites, but that only goes to show how limited the map pool is). This game would benefit so much from one competent map designer.
>>
File: tardlaugh.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>236054
>Triternion made an awesome combat system
>>
>the fag in US east who always blocks teammate spawn
Any other players you kick on sight?
>>
>>236382
There was a guy named Darth Griefous in NA like, last year. He would do nothing but grief until he got vote kicked, and would act indignant when someone started a vote and try to get the person who started it kicked. Sometimes it worked, too, which was actually kind of funny because his screen name was literally "Darth Griefous". He either stopped playing or changed his name when it got to the point where he'd join a server and a vote would get started before he did anything. Haven't seen him in a while.
>>
>>236386
Nah he's still around just bored of the game, I know him sort of secondhand through another friend and spotted him in game like a month ago.
>>
>>236382
>that guy on US west who constantly talks about letting other people fuck his mom at every opportunity
>my votekicks never work because his k/d is positive
>he votekicks me and just says "pageup"
>i get kicked
fuck this retarded votekick system
>>
>get stunlocked to death
Why the fuck is this in the game
>>
>>236582
Shit that can stunlock you like the 1h axe are being nerfed next patch. Too bad the the next patch is probably months away
>>
File: 1565029719280.jpg (83 KB, 700x650)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>236601
>next patch is probably months away
>>
>>236582
>get hit trying to parry
>parry activates after the stun animation
>because of this you cannot parry again and he gets another free hit
>>
>>236582
outskilled bitch
>>
>>236499
>US west
There's your problem
>>
>>236382
Sometimes me when I get bored of not having new maps and having to read idiot children and their political opinions
otoh I made etucc/ecuck ragequit via smokebombs
>>
>that ONE guy with 200 ms ping, K/D above 2, and always on the top scoreboard
literally fucking how? I see him often in EU server lately
>>
Is there a /vm/ mordhau discord?
>>
File: gigglegroid.gif (2.39 MB, 286x258)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB GIF
>is there a /vm/ mordhau discord?
>>
>>237083
Yeah it's called shitposting in the dev discord until you get banned
>>
File: how to counter maul.webm (2.94 MB, 960x540)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
just press f
>>
>>237028
what weapon does he use?
>>
>>237125
Based
>>
>>237146
the mjolnir skin is an easy way to spot shitters that only know one move
>>
>>237146
Me on the horse
>>
>>236499
seethe harder pathetic runt
>>
>>237153
greatsword and 3/2/2 config. Can't remember which perk did he use, but def no bloodlust
>>
>>237146
Get heavy legs for extra kick damage on maul spastics
>>
https://old.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/lkn07k/i_hope_next_patch_doesnt_bring_up_like_one_but/gnm6ksj/
>Next patch won't have new maps
rip
>>
why are these devs so fucking retarded
>>
File: design_red_castle.jpg (143 KB, 1497x1055)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
geach is posting more shit of the work in progress garbage map in shitcord right now. I will post images for those that do not use it again

Here he posts the "routes" inside the red spawn castle
>>
File: unknown.png (3.34 MB, 1740x1148)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB PNG
red defends, blue attacks. I guess this map is on invasion mode too? Also the yellow circles in the first image are the objectives
>>
File: unknown.jpg (784 KB, 2505x1372)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
image showing the scale of the courtyard in the middle
>frontline hud
i dont know anymore
>>
File: unknown.jpg (828 KB, 2292x1414)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
i dont know what he was showing off in this image. he said that it takes 10 seconds to run from one objective to another though since he doesnt like things being spread out
>>
File: unknown.png (2.55 MB, 1634x865)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
walls
>>
File: unknown.jpg (523 KB, 2215x1159)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
i think he posted this image before, i dont remember. but he posted it again so i will too
>>
File: contra_layout.jpg (413 KB, 1925x1303)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
He says that if the performance is decent, there will be rain effect on the map. Also that other maps will come out before this one. (by this one i do not mean the image in this post, but the previous posts)

this image is how much of castello they cut out
>>
File: unknown.png (3.64 MB, 1633x925)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB PNG
another image of what the walls will look like in the shit wip map
>>
File: Capture.jpg (79 KB, 826x575)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
also their weekly bullshit.
>>
>>237467
that's cool. I love maps like lagstello, I really do. Don't really care about performance as long it has depth and FUN.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (6 KB, 554x70)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>somebody says engineers should have more buildables
>dev response is that engineers have too much freedom already
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16 KB, 456x338)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
retard crush typed some shit
>6v6 invasion map
and
>castle vs castle (not related to the 6v6 invasion map)
>>
>>237470
sound is not important for 1v1 comp esport mong bullshit
>>
>>237484
>too much freedom
>mandated to carry toolbox+hammer/HHA and probably smith/fireproof/smoke if you're not stupid
>any deployable trival to axe/wrecker for far fewer points
>wall nerf
what
>>
>>237490
How is he so incompetent but capable to make functional game in unreal? What behaviour is this called?
>>
>>237510
Autism
>>
Engineers having too much freedom would take the form of the ability to choose a toolbox loadout e.g. 18 spikes and no ballista
>>
>>235755
muh realism

how about when you die in game you go to the kitchen and stab yourself in the neck faggot
>>
>>237484
>Spikes
>walls that can be jumped over
>ballistas that you cant place anywhere
>>too much freedom
>>
>>237460
>hey look at how much of a tree these routes look like
Fucking why
>>
>survive as warden on mountain peak for 18 minutes
>30 seconds left
>charge out
>10 seconds left
>my internet dies
fuck you
>>
>>233932
I exclusively play in 3rd person, because it allows you to have full awareness around you. Tunnel vision means that wolololo naked hammerman can just ambush fight you get into.
>>
>>237824
>crouch as dwarf in front of you
nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>225774
Dude, I loved Chivalry and I love mordhau, but I can't never play because of the high ping and lag. I have a poor connection (10 mg) I know, I did everything to improve it, and still can't play this great game... Fuck me! What's the recommendable connection for a game like this one? I play tons of multiplayer games and never had a problem. Can someone help me?
>>
>>237839
>Kicks you
Pssssh nothing personnel
>>
rage inducing game
>>
>half of my deaths are from the same guy
>>
File: sleepy.png (2.66 MB, 2292x1082)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
I used to wreck in this game in frontline/invasion, never did duel server. Played 1000 hours before quitting around the midget update. It just ruined the combat for me.

I miss my exec, naked maulmen, and bardiche rape. I had so much fun with this game. I've also been a tester for chiv 2 which is a way different game. Not sure if any of you have played it but the jank with some of the weapons is hilarious.
>>
>>237549
old engi was awesome.
A lot of the old game was awesome.
"balancing" is the worst cancer in the game industry. Making the game newb friendly...come on. In what world should some newb that just downloaded the game have a fair chance against someone with 1500 hours? I'm glad I quit.
>>
>>226603
>>226634
The thing is, the game has hovered around 4k daily players steadily for almost an entire year.
Myself and 3,999 other people flat out aren't leaving.
>>
>>238044
>average rank of enemy team is 6
damn dude you WRECKED them
>>
File: 1563135156637.jpg (147 KB, 657x717)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>calling somebody a pussy is enough to get a chat ban
mordhau "moderators" are pathetic
>>
>>238044
>lvl 101 noob bragging about playing horde mode
lmao
>>
>>238223
one is trans the other is a furry what did you expect
remember to always say "dude" "he" and "bro" to the tranny
>>
>>237863
It's not you, it's the game. The devs say they're being DDOS'd, but I doubt anyone cares about this shit game so much that they'll DDOS it for months. They just have shitty servers or they fucked up the netcode.
>>
>>238336
hard to believe this is the same company that held out against calls for censorship when the chat was basically /pol/. I'm glad the game is failing.
>>
File: Els9Gr5WkAA75_t.jpg (103 KB, 622x415)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>that tryhard faggot getting mad at the bottom fraggers in horde mode
>>
are the servers fucking dead again?
>>
>>238360
>I'm glad the game is failing
are you the same asshurt spammer on steam forums doing nothing but bitching
>>
>>238336
which one
>>
>>238421
>everyone who says bad things about my favorite game is the same person
>>
>>238365
>teamkilled him accidentally
>said sorry
>he got mad, blaming that I was blocking his swing path (while it isn't)
>he teamkilled me twice, I said him a retard
>nigga left server
lol. The best thing about this, he is level ~85
>>
>>238044
Woah bro, those are very terrifying enemies.
>>
>>238359
i think it was some stupid engine version flaw or something that causes it to be ddosed more trivially and they werent going to hotfix it for whatever reason and instead just hoping people dont complain about the abysmal state of all servers until they could release the patchie on a new version
>>
>>238449
>get TK'd
>doesn't count as a death
>TKer loses a kill
>SO MAD
>revenge TK
>you lose a kill
there are a lot of retards in this game
>>
>>238479
I like the old "guy standing in a choke point from spawn so you kick him spends the rest of the match following you around trying to kill you"
>>
File: 1447265085177.jpg (1.01 MB, 1680x1050)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>238336
name these degenerate moderators so i know when to leave a server
also if you know any community servers who aren't globohomo please name them as well
>>
>>238516
They're global chat moderators. Anyone can screenshot you saying mean words and submit it to them on Discord.
>>
>>238539
So what you're saying is make my steam name invisible characters that they can't screenshot to report
>>
>>238545
sadly that doesnt work because of the playerlist in the console.
>>
File: 1564356948028.jpg (206 KB, 1119x714)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>238539
i've been chat banned a minute after laying down some banter
the mods are in the servers and they will power trip on your sorry ass
official moderated servers neuter communication between players when you can't banter with players due to moderators hrt fueled caprices
community invasion servers and the sdk can't come soon enough
>>
>not just silently playing and only using chat if directly asked a question
i'm too busy dominating to call people niggers, the voice lines do more than enough to tilt people anyways
>>
>kill maulfag in skirmish
>they get so tilted they charge right at me next round
>die even easier because they're so tilted
>repeat
kek
>>
>>238551
Why did triterion hire/appoint deranged faggots to moderate?
>>
>>238638
think they're volunteer moderators and i can't imagine anyone mentally sound volunteering for such a position
>>
>>238662
>give players a mute feature
>also give select volunteers the ability to forcibly mute players for months based upon said volunteer's hurt feelings
further proof triternion is a 1 trick pony
>>
>>238679
>>give players a mute feature
not just one mute feature. Two different mute functions, a chat filter, and the ability to disable chat. But no, its not enough. They need to have some discord faggots moderating the game too. And they are currently working on giving moderators more features too. A very important use of their time I'm sure. Fuck working on maps, give the chat moderators more tools to ban people for saying mean words
>>
File: Capture.jpg (124 KB, 1276x733)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>standing on the left side of a horse
>he swings on the right side of the horse
>i still die
take these dumb niggers out of the game nobody wants them
>>
>>238824
horse running at very hihg speed
>>
File: noob.jpg (442 KB, 2560x1440)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>238044
You are like baby, when I was a noob it took a few months until people were able to kill me more than 5 times in a game.
I also have literally never dueled.
>>
>>238824
lmao stop standing out in the open retard you can hear it a mile away
>>
Can I report playings for calling me a shitter? Does that enough as bad words and hurt feelings for the shitcord moderators to chat ban them?
>>
Guide for getting people chat banned.
>join server with person you want chatbanned
>get playerlist
>take screenshot of the playerlist
>leave server
>get a friend
>have him join an empty server with you on the same map you got the playerlist screenshot (so the background scenery will match)
>have him start spouting FUCK YOU PIECE OF SHIT NIGGER I HATE NIGGERS FUCK NIGGERS LMAO GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW or whatever you want
>screenshot the chat box a few times
>send all screenshots to discord trannies
>>
>>239327
I forgot the most important step
>have your friend change their name to match the person you want chatbanned
>>
>>239327
>friend
nobody who plays morhau has those
>>
Not gonna lie, Chiv 2 is starting to look like an actual game. The animations still seem like they're running at 30 FPS or something but they and the visuals seem better than the trailer.
>>
>>239391
It may have been a shameless IP-snatch in reaction to Mordhau's success but that's not a bad thing. I'm cautiously optimistic. It'd be nice to have more than one game in this genre.
>>
>>239391
what footage are you watching lmao
the latest ive seen had everyone walk floating their janky attack animations and held block still looks like dogshit
TB has less of a clue how to make a game than even crush
>>
>>239391
It's still going to get cucked by being on EGS, i know that's the only thing keeping me from playing it.
>>
>>239391
I also want to play Chiv 2, but EGS is the only reason I wont. Fuck Mordhaus retard devs. Also I got a 7 day chatban for saying retard last week
>>
>>239327
Guide for getting unchatbanned.
>go to d*scord and pm the moderators without LGBT flags in their pictures
>say that somebody did that to you
>watch the person that pulled it on you get a game ban lol
get fucked martin you furfag
>>
File: for poo poo goner.jpg (1.68 MB, 2560x1440)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>237467
If they decreased the size of the fort at the end (because it fucking sucks to play in anyway) and left the rest in, probably would've been a better map, with two invasion variants going in alternate directions, a final last stand on a drawbridge would be great.

I wish I could be paid to make maps for this dumb game, I spent eons making a warband map nobody ever played, imagine having control over maps you KNOW are going to be played by tens of thousands of players and not being motivated to work on them / get them out to people.
I assume they flip from one design idea to the next, keep starting new projects and not finishing any of them besides flat set dressings, which is why we don't get anything.

This game desperately needs new maps, even just reshuffling of existing maps for brawl mode or alternate invasion routes, the balance is never going to be where it should, the combat is good enough as broken and cheese-based as it is, all they've needed to do since launch is pile in on adding as much fucking content as possible, new modes that are actually NEW not just chivalry clones (peasants vs knights infection style mode, fucking anything) and as many maps and variants of those maps as possible, if they released fedoratoria, or any other huge map, with say 4 brawl variants - which would be easy - the content in those modes would easily double. For team objective fags you could do the same, make a version of invasion that starts attackers off on the other side of the wall in the grassy area and fight through that. Balance shouldn't matter when they released crossroads invasion in such a janky shitty state, just add stuff.
>>
>>239777
Invasion is really good. More maps is a start. Then they can work out to implement conquest like in Battlefield, so it should transform into medieval Battlefield game instead stuck as Chivalry clone or medieval TF2.
>>
This game turns into fucking trash during the weekend, so many shitters and annoying children playing clogging up everything
>>
>>239391
>>239399
>>239445
>>239517
>>239548
chiv 2's combat is janky and shitty. some of the new mechanics are cool but poorly implemented as of now. it really is worse than mordhau, but it has one benefit in that you get back into combat very quickly after respawning, which makes it more fun in some ways despite the worse gameplay. definitely not buying it on release, but if the player base isn't dead when it comes to steam, the kinks might be more ironed out at that point
>>
>>239808
Sunday evening is unironically the best time to play. I don't know why, but it seems like everyone goes heavy melee builds on sundays, creating absolute meat grinders.
>>
>all this talk about chat bans
what is chat ban? Is that for ingame chat or discord?
It sounds like you mean ingame but I didn't even know that was a thing. I mean we have a mute button, don't people know about it? I use it all the time.
>>
>>239777
anon you're speaking to my soul here. I have some indeas about how to make some cool invasion maps, but it's so demotivating knowing it won't ever get into mainstream rotation and we'll have to rent our own servers and shit just to help the developers who already have the money to do this shit.
>>
>>239792
>medieval Battlefield game
too bad that's not the vision they have for this game. Mordhau is for high level competitive 1v1 3v3 5v5 esports. Invasion and FL is just extra stuff on the side.
>>
>>240394
>high level competitive 1v1 3v3 5v5 esports
ah the "you will die alone" demo
>>
>>231797
10000000000000% THIS
Seriously. Chambers is the best mechanic. Unless there's something mindblowing new stuff in this new combat thing, this is gonna make me quit the game. I have no idea what the devs are trying to do anymore.

It's like this, >>228747 except it's the devs doing it.
>“given the opportunity, Triternion will optimize the fun out of the game”
>>
>>240411 disregard half of this if >>232240 is true
>>
>>240383
Mordhau chat used to be filled with /pol/acks dropping gamer words and redpills. Redditors complained, but the devs just told them to mute if they don't like what someone is saying. Then the lowest form of life known as game "journalists" picked up on this and started publishing articles demanding censorship. For a while the devs resisted, but eventually they caved and implemented a mean word report protocol that involves taking screenshots of the mean words and player list then submitting it to discord. At first it was rarely used, even in the case of the dreaded N word you'd only get a couple day chat ban. Then for some reason they hired a literal tranny and a furry as chat mods so now if you say nigger and someone reports you you'll get chat banned for over a month.
>>
>>240423
jesus christ. Typing nigger in chat to be edgy is pretty cringe, but this form of reaction is fucking dumb. Game journos should be wiped out.
>>
>>240423
is the tranny hot tho?
>>
>>240423
The chat is still smarter /v/ to be honest. At least in EU server
>>
>>240465
Same in US east. There's some bitches but for the most part it's very reminiscent of 4chan.
>>
>>240492
>reminiscent of 4chan
SEETHE CRINGE DURR BASED BASED CRINGE SNEED KEK
>>
>>240458
>Trannies
>Ever looking good
>>
>>240508
Yeah
>>
>>231568
>chamber removal
I haven't played in 6 months and come back to this? is this actually real or am I getting trolled? this is such a good mechanic, what is going on?
the game will just go from
>walk around and stab morph shitters all day
>meet someone who can put 1+1 together
>he stab chambers and kills me because of my laziness
>learn something new
to
>just walk around and stab morph shitters all day
>>
>>241274
It was real, but everybody called crush a retard so he pretended that he was just seeing how people would react. chambers will be changed but still in the game whenever they overhaul the combat
>>
>>241299
removing cftp is honestly such a horrible idea, unless they just make it so you literally have to feint after chambering and then insta going into parry which costs more stam than just a chamber to parry. People probably don't even realize how many situations swinging into parry improves the game, not even entirely related to chambering. So much dumb bullshit with 50/50 swings and accidental stuff happens that removing cftp is going to be a direct quality of life unimprovement. The only reason this is even being talked about is because the 3 or 4 people who still play comp complain about chambers because they just want to feint spam for some reason
>>
>>241403
50/50 should get removed really, it has no counter other than hard reading
>>
>>241409
by 50/50 I mean both people hesitate and then randomly decide to swing at same time. Clashing was supposed to solve this but I find it rarely helps
>>
>>241403
Where should I go and inform myself to understand this post? I really like Mordhau and put over 700 hours into it by now, but I have absolutely no idea what people are talking about. for example
>chamber faint to parry
>you chamber the enemy attack
>but then, you faint to throw him off
>and then, you parry (to confuse him even more? to parry his chamber attempt?)
>end of tactic
and then there is this
>so you literally have to feint after chambering and then insta going into parry
I'm really lost
>>
>>241785
you basically got it, HIGH LEVEL COMP is just two retards doing CFTP at each other until someone fucks up. Wow. Devote all your resources there.
>>
>>241797
>HIGH LEVEL COMP is just two retards doing CFTP at each other until someone fucks up
I thought the system was centered around getting your opponent to fuck up. I can't really talk about meta, but to me, it sounds like they should add another fuck-up mechanic instead of removing one.
>>
>>241814
Nah they should make a dozen more flat arena maps and maybe nerf toolbox again as an afterthought
>>
leaked patch 21
>added new completely original maps bab, Adimant and castleyard
>removed grad from skirmish: too much fun
>removed camp from skirmish: too much fun
>buildables no longer automatically build
>buffed GS and eveningstar release
>firebomb now makes a fart sound on impact
>333 now as fast as 031
>>
>>241866
YAAAAS KWEEN
>>
File: 1507638691971.gif (565 KB, 367x265)
565 KB
565 KB GIF
>>241827
>more flat arena maps
>>
File: ahem.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>241866
>grad
Whenever I see grad, I click join.
>>
>>241876
>retards pick grad 3 times
I rather play Lagstello. Lagstello is the best map next to mountain peaks.
>>
>>241878
Lagstello+3x smoke+sit on up on the left wall with the ammo box=kino
>>
>>241878
and I will never pick anything else, just so you know it
whenever some spams "GRAD", you know its me, every single match
I fucking love that map so much I stopped playing anything else. the mid point, the houses, the cata, the cavalry blockers, everything is just so perfect about it.
and once it's late night, it turns into the party map. taiga too. all other maps are literal niggers compared to it.
>>
Castello (Battle Royale) > that one skirmish map that is some desert pit thing > Feitoria > Grad > Camp > Arena skirmish > Taiga > Castello > Crossroads > anything I didnt mention because it is dogshit and not worth mentioning
>>
>>241903
>feitora and grad near the top
alright anon
>camp immediately after
opinion discarded onto the next trebuchet and fired directly into niggerhausen
>>
>>241912
as a bowchad, i enjoy the lack of cover for melee monkeys
>>
>>241903
Grad > Feitoria > Taiga > Camp > Tourney > Contraband > Castello > Shit > Pit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arena, Highlands, Truce
t. 2000 hours skirmish
>>
>>241912
nah man Concentration Camp fucking sucks and is voted on exclusively by faggots who only play red and teamkill each other over the catapult
>>
File: fagbook.jpg (12 KB, 210x240)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>241922
behold
OBJECTIVELY RIGHT TASTE
>>
>>241924
the only people I see voting for camp are horsefuckers
all I want is a no horses game mode
>>
>>241922
>Castello
I wish Castello was more like Grad where it was an easy push to the nobles, since they're easily the most fun nobles to play.
>>
>>241970
does it have a frontline mode yet?
>>
>>238085
I just keep coming back because the only other pure fun team game with custom servers is TF2.
For real tho, am I blind? I just want to quickjoin a 20+ player server that is actually owned by user and have a few, simple fights, but every game that offers this either has no skill-based combat or no custom servers/modding. I don't even like melee combat, I did it for the memes and now I'm stuck killing scrubs forever.
>>
>>239652
Honestly, I'm starting now with this. I am absolutely anti free speech, and the free speech of moderators should be taken away first. I'm gonna make these people my bitches.
>>
>>241964
It's called 3v3 ranked/skirmish lmao have fun nerd sorry you can't beat a horse
>>
>>241785
The only time you chamber to parry or chamber feint to parry is when you go to chamber but the opponent is a faggot who uses imba weapons like evening star or bardiche so his drag is 10 hours long so he outdrags your chamber so you have to prolong your defense sequence by either parrying while in the middle of your chamber or feinting out of your chamber first and then parrying because apparently crush thinks it's a good idea to make weapons that can be animation abused so hard and dragged so long that the only viable way to defend against them is cftp
>>
How are you supposed to play maul commander on Castello? He's so slow with such a short range weapon so everyone can just footwork around you.
>>
>>242040
Pick up a better weapon
>>
File: 1487627752001.png (41 KB, 379x298)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
I never gets to play as noble.
>>
>>242039
lol
then you're CTPing dumbass
chamber FEINT to parry
you fucking feint the chamber so you can wait as long as you goddamn want to parry the 499ms super drag
>>
>>242052
ngmi
>>
To be honest, CFTP is crucial for 200ms lagger
>>
File: 1593724153509.jpg (412 KB, 800x1600)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>join duel server
>either stomp with naked swordsman or everyone is using the same couple greatsword/bardiche/eveningstar/messer loadouts making fighting into unfun stamina wars
after hitting a certain skillcap duelling just becomes a chore

Changing the combat will only shake it up for a week at best until its back to the eternal meta dance. They should just focus on the team combat instead of trying to balance what cannot be balanced.
>>
>the team starts kicking archers for not playing objective
I'm thinking based
>>
File: 1597317610221.gif (470 KB, 200x200)
470 KB
470 KB GIF
>join a game
>there is always one retard who is topping the scoreboard by M1 spamming

What's the method to the madness here

Like I know there *has* to be more to it than someone W+M1'ing their way to 50+ kills every match even if Frontline is a clusterfuck that totally encourages this behavior but I for the life of me can't figure it out.
>>
>>242341
it's called gambling. You just need good swiping and ping <40.
The true chads are the ones who play with high ping (>100), and can stomp tryhards. AtomicTeacup comes to mind (if you're playing on EU server), you want to avoid this guy.
>>
>>242341
Loadout and situational awareness are a huge deal in Frontline. Loadout is obvious: if you know how to cftp then Bloodlust becomes the best perk in the game by a landslide. Situational awareness means hitting people in the back of the head doesn't require any kind of mindgames. Just about anyone with a certain baseline skill level can go Bloodlust with reasonable armor and whatever else they want, pick up a weapon off the ground, and follow around their team mates looking for gang bangs.

Also, there's a good chance they were on a horse for half of those kills and you just didn't notice.
>>
>>242349
>piss on router
>gamble with axe
WOW SKILLED, HIGH PING CHUDS WW@

massive cope
>>
>>242030
t. horsefucker
>>
>>242160
>They should just focus on the team combat instead of trying to balance what cannot be balanced
true, but I'm gonna say it again
the fucking game just needs custom frontline servers with custom maps
nobody except some crackheads gives a fuck about duels or comp
>>
>>242436
of course I cope. If I have better internet, I wouldn't
>>
>>242480
ethernet cables are a buck per meter
>>
>>242349
It's possible to do well with orange ping but red is unplayable.
>>
>>242486
He is probably from Germany, they are absolutely retarded when it comes to internet
>stay in 4 star hotel in the north in Bremerhaven
>check wifi
>100kbit/s internet
>4chan blocked
>even purely text-based sites take forever to load
Just for comparison, I also had to visit Romania, stayed in a 3 star "hotel", which was basically just a slightly larger house in a run down neighborhood that looked like it has recently been bombed. There was a girl living with her family in a half destroyed concrete ruin of a house next to the hotel, and while their bedrooms and bathroom locked like any middle class rooms (with wooden floors, comfy furnishing, warm colors etc), the corridors connecting them and the kitchen were naked concrete, and the outer walls had cracks and holes, everyone had to sit on foldable wooden benches in full winter clothing while sipping tea with honey. But the internet? Everyone there had fucking fiber.
>>
>>242491
I saw bunch of 200ms laggers racking kills like 30-40 with K/D at least 1 or more.
>>
>>242491
just use bardiche/pole axe/pole hammer/war axe/battle axe/evening star and ping doesn't matter anymore
>>
Why the fuck does frost always leave the same round he joins? Why do I never see him on the non-noble maps?
>>
>>238359
>The devs say they're being DDOS'd,
Is this true? I started spreading a rumor that the Chiv 2 devs are DDoSing the Mordhau severs, weeks ago, and it seems to have caught on. I wouldn't actually doubt it at all if it were true.
>>
>>242341
You just: don't ever stop swinging, use light armor, use the perk that gives you stam on hit, don't move predictably, don't ever focus one target unless nobody else is around, also messer is your friend
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 768x668)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
LOOK AT THIS DUDE
>>
Yes, the community unironically thinks that the mordhau servers are constantly being DDOS'd for the past few weeks. They ignore the fact that the servers have been this shitty since launch
>>
>>242997
probably running in containers on a shitty amazon VPS with shit spec
>>
>>242998
If that were the case it would be a literal click to upgrade them to something better. The next level up is probably too expensive and cuts into the cocaine budget.
>>
>>242997
its legit never been this bad and i always bitch about the servers
ive stopped playing entirely because the packet loss and extreme spikes are just too much
servers have been slowly deteriorating but it was a mild annoyance at first but now its just flat out unplayable
>>
>>243058
what servers are we even talking about? I haven't noticed anything on EU
>>
>>243118
US East
Central isn't having this problem for some reason.
>>
I got crash mid game, and I have fucking reinstalled this POS 3 times.
[2021.02.25-14.17.57:348][ 96]LogPakFile: Warning: Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk [30247/49864]! Expected 0x7717D11D, Received 0x42B60DF8
I don't know which pak is corrupted
>>
>>243035
Whenever there is sale or big update the servers run much better, so yeah that could be the case
>>
>>225774
WHERE IS THE FUCKING SDK AND PORTED CHIV MAPS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGH
>>
>>227463
>Players will not be dismounted
Fucking lame
Can't tell you how funny it is to kick friendlies off a a ballista and have them chase me around a tree like a toddler
>>
>>243261
Dont worry, now you can hover around the ballista and wait for a split second where they get off it. Then you get on, and they cant do shit about it.
>>
>>228361
DDoS? What.
>>
>>243265
people complained about poor server performance, devs said "w-we are being ddos'd haha..." and now use that excuse every time somebody complains about the servers
>>
>>229735
Mirage was unironically fun
>>
>>230542
They were broke
>>
>>243264
It's a more classical gag to get chased around for acting like a retard. Still, I can pelt people with rocks up on that wooden fort wall and hide behind it when they look to see who's doing that annoying shit.
>>
>>239548
They needed the cash
>>
>>240423
Why not just have a global censor filter
>>
>>243295
Faggot alert
>>
>>240423
Yeah I've had two 30 day chat bans since I've had the game.
>>
>>229735
>cast haste
>cast faster casting buff
>zoom around spamming fireball
they already did it and it was called quake
>>
>>231164
>Unreadable attacks, spazzing
is what killed chivalry and made everyone move on to mordhau. and with chivalry 2 looking like dried up dogshit, I'm willing to bet this genre will slowly die like arena shooters.
>>
>>243418
I tried it the other day and its entertaining. The visuals and sounds are soulless though. You can enable the old voice lines for classes if you spend experience points on them. Some of the animations are good and some are dreadful garbage.
>>
>>243356
Good boy lick that boot
>>
wait a minute... how retarded was I for dueling with bardiche in alt mode?
>>
>>243446
Isn't it just a straight downgrade over normal?
>>
>>243457
it OHKs retards with no leg armor
>>
>>243446
>>243457
it has its uses but main mode is generally better because turncaps are important and it still deals full retard damage

if you have the opportunity to abortion tap people then alt mode is fine
halberd alt mode on the other hand is fucking absolutely insane and still gets full 500ms drags and more damage
>>
File: 1443295178358.jpg (60 KB, 422x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>join duel server
>sober up after a few minutes of getting rekt and hold myself against lvl 100+ players
>join frontline
>suddenly forget how to parry
>finish with 10-20 k:d every other match
I'm starting to think people let me win duels out of pity
>>
>>243691
more like you forgot how to pick better engagement and shit movement/strafing. Happens to me everytime if I play the game too long.
>>
I dont even want to play now that I am chat banned. The game is fucking boring without chat
>>
>>243715
just ask the janny for unban
>>
>>243704
>Happens to me everytime if I play the game too long
might be true, but I also noticed that my own performance drops once there are about more than 20 players around. haven't tried skirmish yet, so far I just join server that are only half full
>>
I play this game to an unhealthy level
>>
>entirety of team on the objective is lmb spamming into each other
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (319 KB, 1862x1253)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>237466
>>237464
>>237461
continuing from here. Here is that objective with the gatehouse attached
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (505 KB, 2525x1328)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
>>243967
"the idea with this map is to really step back from complicated design
there will be a side entrance
you can see in my first pic
really I just want simple playspace
but with some of our traditional alt routes and sandboxyness
but really trying to hold back on over complicating it
so gatehouse isnt really needed for the obj or anything
it would just be to add a layer of detail to the map
to hinder attackers etc
rather then the gatehouse being the obj
night map/rain is planned yea
waste of a perfectly good forest
but its time"

all the retarded line breaks were the dev, not me.
>>
>>243971
is it designed as an invasion map?
about time they start focusing on their most popular game mode
>>
>>243976
this
>>
>>243967
>>243971
finally map that is not crossroad
>>
>>243418
There's a shitload of untapped potential in the 1st person melee slasher genre. We haven't even tapped into fantasy yet, except for vermintide. Imagine a proper LOTR game with Elves and Dwarfs and Wizards and Orcs and Uruk Hai. Playable trolls and dragons. Or Warhammer, for SIGMAR and stuff.
>>
>>244194
3rd person. I never play mordhau in 1st
>>
>>242050
Equip 1 or 2 medic bags. /follow your teammates, steal kills and heal your fellow meatshield friends.
Play defensively, you always want to be 2nd in line and one-tap the bloody ones. It's better to retreat than it is to respawn. Time spent running from spawn is score lost.

That or just play horse carefully.
>>
>>244198
It's based on score, I get it, thought it was K/D ratio
>>
>>243058
We've had high performance 80 player servers in the past. I remember it well. First the 80 slot servers were useless, then they become fantastic for a few weeks. Literally all green. Now they're kinda trash.
>>
>>243971
>the idea with this map is to really step back from complicated design
camp, crossroads and mountain peak are the opposites of complicated design
castello only has shit routes in the castle part
feitora only has shit routes for red to reach mid and retarded chokepoints for blue
taiga has absolute mongoloid chokepoints around mid but it just werks
grad is literal perfection and should be the standard
>>
>>244209
>grad is literal perfection and should be the standard
The castle exit is too much of a chokepoint for the blue attacking map.
>>
>>244194
>There's a shitload of untapped potential in the 1st person melee slasher genre
hell yeah, I would play Dark Mordhaus, but who's gonna develop it and how? low poly design like DUSK and AMID EVIL would probably be a good start.
>>
>>244199
let us know if it works and tell us about the experience
>>
>>244211
I was talking about frontline mostly, castello just made its way in there because it should have a frontline map.
but now that you mention it, red spawn on grad is absolutely fucked and should have palisade walls everywhere.
all of these problems will vanish over night if they finally let the community work on the game.
>>
>>244207
they obviously scale down the VPS/kubernete spec
>>
File: 1544960802936.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1249)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
>>244194
mordhau's player controller has so much potential in of itself and I can imagine it extrapolated into magic
directional attacks equating to unique spells, morphs combining them, etc.
magical clashes are a thing, but I can't see drags or accels functioning with magic
what about chambers?
at the very least once the sdk is released we'll get some higher quality LOTR maps
>>
>>229359
>join Fabula EU
>explore a few houses, literally nothing
>kill some npc who attacked me, drops nothing, not even his weapon
>meet an npc with rapier and die
I don't get it
>>
this place is like reddit except everyone says nigger but still gets mad at the same shit
>>
>>244360
the fuck are you on? you are not even allowed to get mad at anything on reddit
>>
>>244194
I'm planning on making an MMO like this except it will also have sexy races like lolis
first I need to get rich though, that's the first step
>>
>>245485
>MMO
>>
>>244209
>grad is literal perfection and should be the standard
No. Castello and Feitoria are better. The only good Grad is the one where you defend the nobles. The one where you have to turn the catapults is god awful.
>>
>>245485
Based cunnyseur, i'll pray for your lotto winnings
>>
just watched a US west coast moderator kick someone for not saying sorry after getting a tk with a catapult. lmao.
>>
File: monkehau.jpg (859 KB, 1920x1080)
859 KB
859 KB JPG
>>245877
>kick someone for not saying sorry
meanwhile, EU chat
>>
>he doesn’t main short sword
NGMI
>>
>>245924
short sword main reporting in, do you want kill me now or watch me suffer first?
>>
>chiv 2 has classes
why
>>
Why the fuck can you not bind anything to sprint on a controller?
>>
To be honest the sound design of this game is not very good.
>silent catapult rocks
>silent 3/3/3 knights
>silent maulmen
>>
>>246144
It's true on kb/mouse too. Do it by editing the config file, it'll stick.
>>
>>246145
armor should make noise
>>
>>246145
I agree on the armor, it should make a constant noise with every step like in the first souls games. But how noisy can a rock flying through the air actually be?
>>
any cosplay ideas making use of faces? I'm getting bored of my undead meme loadouts
>>
I have a heavy greatsword dude, and a light crossbow dude, but I always do the best as a spear chucking midget
>>
>>230528
have you played chiv 2? its bad and i doubt they can fix it before release. The combat system is not fun at all. Literally no skill involved in holding your block and spamming jab/kicks and random attacks. Drags are useless, all you do is spam fast attacks in the hope your enemy doesnt hold block long enough for his friends to show up because 1VSX is non existent. You have no upper body movement, no real swing manipulation, natural attack lunge, blocks dont break combos, desynced attacks, abusable third person and garbage FP FOV. Its also not even funny knight game because it acts very serious. You cant spam voicelines and the movement is very simlike instead of being fluent. After 20 hours testing, hard pass.
>>
>>246479
That's a shame.
>>
>>246479
I remember that one pasta that circulated a few years ago, which went into detail how Chivalry was coded by the one competent guy of the team, who then left the studio around the official release. Every time I read about how Chiv 2 is a simplified version of the genre, I cannot help but believe that this isn't even intentional. There is this looming, dark feeling that this is just sheer incompetence at work.
>>
>>246347
Increase the volume a bit, and make it louder as it gets closer. Add some attenuation if you're near the projected "blast radius" so everything but the rock gets a bit quieter if you're in trouble.
>>
Why is it always americans that screech about wanting black skintones and females in mordhau?
>>
>>246540
So I can kill them.
>>
>>246498
Chiv 2 was pure cash-in. There was no project before Mordhau successfully became a flavor of the month. Immediately after, two things happened:

1) The Chiv trailer dropped
2) A flurry of job openings for the game (including major positions like tech lead) went up

There was no project and no team until Mordhau. Chiv 2 is a rush job in reaction to another game's success. That doesn't mean that it CAN'T be good (and I hope it is), but it's not like this is a passion project.
>>
>noble sitting on a rooftop in feitoria
>moderator comes in
>tell the noble to get down
>kicks the noble from the game when he doesnt get off the roof
very epic. Same moderator as >>245877
these faggots are getting too used to doing whatever the fuck they want
>>
name the faggot mods already
>>
>>246652
NordikaMan is the only mod that I know of that plays on US west
>>
>>246663
good thank you
now we can avoid servers with this faggot in them
>>
>>246642
he should have just said "thank you for your bug testing" and 1411'd him
>>
>>246642
Time to start reporting moderators for overstepping in games to the devs.
>>
>>246543
>(and I hope it is)
it really isn't and i don't have much faith in them fixing the issues before launch

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.