[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 138 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: among1.jpg (29 KB, 600x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
is it just me or is this game overrated ?
>>
>>209105
i've always thought that people call games overrated just for the sake of being contrarian but honestly yes. among us is very overrated and you can thank reddit for that.
>>
>>209105
>Open youtube
>Search: Corpsehusband
>look at his abysmal content
Yep.
>>
>>209105
The memes are what made this game popular. Once the memes die out, so will the game.
>>
>>209105
Not just you. People who are in the autistic spectrum usually don't get the appeal of this game because it requires abstract perception
>>
i thing it s great when you have friend. which we don t have as you know it
>>
>>209105
It is, but its the not the games fault. The game is enjoyable, and even quite good, for what it is.

The hype for it though is wild.
>>
>>209105
It's better than Town of Salem at least
>>
>>209105
It's a very solid social game. I happen to love social games; Diplomacy might be my favorite board game, I played a ton of Town of Salem, I always like to play mafia-esque board games with friends. Among Us is very popular so I have friends who play it, runs on a toaster or a fucking phone so everyone can play it, and has a genuine skill curve while still being highly accessible. If you have real friends to play it with, what's not to like?
>>
>>210093
>has a genuine skill curve

No.
>>
It’s just trouble in terrorist town, isn’t it?
>>
It is all of the games are the same shit its only fun with friends for like 3 games and randoms are fucking awful to play with because they think they're either being funny by doing something retarded or just say ___ sus then that person gets voted off with no evidence
>>
>>210317
Not very interested in arguing with you on this one but I believe a better player will win a lobby, especially as imposter, a very large portion of the time.
>>
>>209105
Like all multpilayer games, it depends who you play with. I have a small group of people I play games with every Saturday, and this is usually our warm-up game.
>>
>>209105
any of these "mafia" games are perfect for normalfags, which is why you hear about it more often
>>
>>209105
Its severly overrated but i would say its fun once as a while like a party game or board game would be.
>>
>>210954
isn't that what it's meant to be? the original release didn't even have servers, it was LAN only. content creators jumped on it because it was easy to learn and it was easy content for youtube/twitch. then the normies came because among us is like babby's first social game
>>
>>209105
yes
>>
>>209105
it's as good/fun as the people you play it with.
>>
>>210961
>among us is like babby's first social game
What are some other good social games?
>>
>>214492
ss13
>>
>>210093
That wasn't the question. It was if the game is overrated, and it is. It's a solid 7 being touted as a 9/10.
>>
File: 1588547215104.png (176 KB, 640x480)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>214492
garry's mod, table top sim, killing floor, talking to ur mom after she comes home
>>
>>214492
>>214740
ty
>>
>>209105
There are many mafia-style games better than this yeah.
>>
>>214622
who touts this as a 9/10?
>>
>>214503
ss13 is a cringe game for autistic freaks
>>
Lobby when
>>
File: EnxcAZWWEAAUzCg.jpg (11 KB, 221x228)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>210093
>If you have real friends to play it with
>>
>>214503
>ss13
>social game
If you play on the furry high rp servers maybe otherwise its powergaming validhunting 100% of the time.
>>
>>209105
No shit,it's "unfortunate spacemen" that can run on a smartphone instead of a proper PC and filled to the brim with 8 yearolds playing on their mother's phone.
>>
lobbies thread were comfy. it's over...
>>
>>217630
rip
>>
File: 1609789294558.png (17 KB, 232x82)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
NA
>>
>>210317
T. non-autistic normie
>>
>>209105
It's Space Station 13 with less steps and less fun.
>>
>>209105
There's one specific circumstance where I can play among us.
>Play in voice chat to avoid text chat autism
>Play with people from /vm/, not /v/
>Only play once or twice a week at the very most
>>
>>222034
When was the last time /vm/ even played this?
>>
>>222046
just a few hours ago, voice chat lobbies in a discord
>>
>>209105
It keeps normies off SS13 so it can't be bad
>>
>>209105
it's not highly rated

>>210317
>>214622
you will never fit in
>>
>>222618
Sorry mr oldfag I'm sure you've been around since 03.
>>
>>209306
>Sus
>Electric
>Trap remix
What memes?
>>
>>214503
Yes.
>>215372
Autistic freaks? Yeah sure. Cringe game? No.
>>217320
/tg/ has a server for it, there's a whole lot of roleplaying outside of furry servers.
>>
>>210637
more like flavor of the month "not ttt"
>>
>>209201
>>209105
Is it just me or even through all the hype did anybody actually rate this game highly? Everyone knew there was nothing to it, it was just a simple way to get a group of friends together for fun. It reminded me of playing a card game like poker with friends, nobody cares about the game people just wanted to do something together during covid.
You should be happy that normies were willing to try out a game like this
>>
>>210317
it does though
>>
>>225191
no lmao
>>
TAWLZF
>>
>>210637
Isnt ttt just a mafia mode
>>
its pretty ok if you have a group of people you know to play with otherwise its kinda shit
>>
File: image_2021-02-03_193550.png (285 KB, 1280x960)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
RED SUS, HAHAHAHAHA, RED SUS
WHY NO ONE IS LAUGHING? SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS SUS
>>
>>225187
>>209105
Speak for yourself faggot, I actually played and loved it before it blew up on Twitch
>>
yes, because the point of these games isn't because you play it because you like it, it's because your irl friends play it and you naturally follow suit because you have to be interested in whatever's the hot new thing to have friends that aren't people in niche internet communities. welcome to flavor of the month games 101
>>
>>210093
>genuine skill curve
>hehe red sus
>omg guys I just saw black vent
>>
>>209105
its a TTT clone that couldve been a flashplayer game from 15 years ago, fuckin fight me asshole.
>>
my fucking username used to be sus for 3 years and I had to change it because of this fucking game
>>
>>209579
You must e a high iq to understand among us
>>
>>214503
Please please shut the fuck up, ss13 is a roleplaying game and Among Us is another mafia/town of salem/whatever
>>
>>230925
What an uncreative name
>>
File: 1612316342090.png (1.09 MB, 1920x960)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
bros...
>>
>>231285
>mobile
fag
>>
>>225187
That's an interesting perspective anon, I'll consider it. The resentment from Among Us mostly comes from overexposure from it and unfunny memes.
>>
>>231577
>The resentment from Among Us mostly comes from overexposure from it and unfunny memes
this. I feel like that about any game that becomes too popular,just the sheer amount of shit twitter memes and that you can't go anywhere on the internet without at least hearing about it once,and after a while it just becomes tiring.
>>
It's a stripped down version of Space Station 13 in my opinion, so yeah.
>>
>>209105
I am not a Monster did it better, but the devs killed that game with their stupidity.

Eville is still in early access and is dead but is mechanically more complex and a much more interesting game overall. I hope that one gets popular at some point.
>>
>>209105
It's fun if you actually have good friends to play it with. Playing with random people online just sounds boring.
>>
>>230923
TTT Doesn't have anything for innocents to do though. You just wait around to either die or for the traitor[s] to reveal themselves. Among Us is the better game.
>>
File: trauma.gif (1.92 MB, 443x498)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>231577
>>231897
>unfunny memes
STREAMING SCHEMING CHECK YOUR IQ
WE'VE GOT A LOBBY WAITING FOR YOU
>>
>>209105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QaFtSPPsXI
>>
>>233026
please no
>>
>>209898
Nah, not even close, newfag zoomer
>>
>>235092
No I mean Town of Salem as it is now. It used to be very good, until they ruined it with a paywall.
>>
>>233026
based
>>
It’s fun. But no mod tools or proper servers meant you can solve and meta game each map by accident in like 2 hours
>>
>>232881
WHAT DID YOU SEE, WHEN THE BODY WAS FOUND?
>>
>>209105
amogus XDDDD
pebble throw is a nadzee
>>
File: jesuschrist.png (21 KB, 226x223)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>209105
The game is fun as hell when you play with the right people.

Normies ruin it, when it first started getting passed around the best time I had with it was when /v/ was spamming lobby threads and we were just our usual shitlord selves for eight hours at a time and making fun of each other.

Seriously just make a random lobby thread on /v/ or /vg/ and it's fun as hell. Outside of playing with our memelord faggots such as ourselves? Absolutely not, it's a massive pain in the dick.
>>
>>210093
>genuine skill curve
oh, is that what the term is when half the lobby is using discord?
>>
>>237814
This. /v/ games were the fucking best.
Can't get them rolling anymore though. Game's dead on the chan.
>>
>>238297
ya..
>>
>>209105
It's a game for normies who want to pretend they enjoy video games and attention whore streamers
>>
>>237814
I unironically get more enjoyment from random lobbies bullshit than the couple times I played with fags from this site. With friends or friends of friends is the only way to play this game.
>>
>>209105
I wouldn't say its overrated, maybe I'm not looking in the right places but its not like everyone is calling it a 10/10 masterpiece of gaming or whatever. Its genuinely a lot of fun, its free on phones and cheap on pc, its basically a flash game so anyone can run it, it takes no mechanical skill to play well, its art style is cute, simplistic, and inoffensive, games are quick so its easy to play a game or two if you're bored, and the pandemic has starved a ton of normalfags of social interaction so they get it by playing this instead. Its a perfect blend for widespread appeal that lucked out and blew up after being rediscovered well after its release.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (155 KB, 1280x720)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>209105
Not really, it blew up in popularity during covid since it's a social game which was perfect but I think everyone already knows that. Great game to get a group of friends over a discord chat and play together. Free for phones, easy to download on pc. My single friends, married friends, friends with kids, and even my gf plays it. Gonna be updates and a new map soon so we'll see how long it can cling on to relevancy
>>
>>235175
How does town of salem have a paywall?
>>
CQMECF
let's see how autistic this game gets
>>
>>241005
that poetry looks like amogus...
>>
>>241634
bruh
>>
File: AT-cm 932232159-preview.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
This game has become a joke itself, and the only people who unironically still play it are a) children under the age of negative 4 and b) youtubers with an IQ of the average age of their child fanbase
>>
FCXFIF my autist friends.
>>
File: oldman.jpg (230 KB, 800x450)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>225187
>You should be happy that normies were willing to try out a game like this
Why? So they can ruin yet another hobby of mine? Fuck them, if it's fun to me then it's fun to me. Normals can fuck off.
>>
>>209105
My friends will not shut the fuck up about this.
Anyone know where to find cheats so I can ruin it for these fags
>>
>>243477
google
>>
>>243485
tried that first. No beans.
>>
>>241005
>the pandemic has starved a ton of normalfags of social interaction so they get it by playing this instead
Thanks for selling me on not buying this.
>>
>>209105
>>
I just hate this game because people keep posting among us memes. People have made it their personality.
>>
>>210773
There is no skill curve theres no strategy just do chores and choose when to kill someone and where then die anyway because the fag was in a discord call with his friend and told him you were imposter
>>
>>243796
this. it's a joke
>>
>>243525
it's free on mobile.
>>
>>243796
good
>>
>>243794
sus
>>
https://discord.gg/6w9ycGsx

Let's play
>>
its turning into the next fagnite, overhyped, milked by content creators, kids playing it like its some god. do yourself a favor and don't play the game without friends, its cancer filled with people who don't understand what a meme is.
>>
>>209105
It's a worse Space Station 13. So yes it's overrated.
>>
The Skeld
EU
AARFIF
>>
>free 3d shooter with balanced weapons
>mic support
>tasks involve equipment that imposter can use to instakill people
>imposter can switch colors
>imposter can spawn ai controlled enemies or turn corpses into enemies
>tribunal weakens imposter if guessed correctly instead outright killing them
>basically TTT in space with a robust perk system

Unfortunate Spacemen is better in every way and was early access years before Among Us
>>
Is this shit still popular or is the hype dead?
>>
>>248560
dead
>>
>>210093
You've played so many of these games, and the novelty of lying to people hasn't worn off, so you might actually be autistic
>>
>>209105
Nah it's a good time with friends.

Youtubers playing the game with other Youtubers is a codependent relationship that helps market everyone involved in the content and is so blatantly obvious, but the game itself acts as an accessible niche for a lot of people.

It probably wouldn't have reached the same level of popularity without the quarantine though.
>>
>this thread is still alive
Based
>>
>>209105
meh game, good with friends on discord
>>
it was fun while it lasted. But when people started metagaming on how things worked or just got better it got stale.
>>
https://discord.gg/QTPXwGbq

Among us discord
>>
>>217052
;_;
>>
>>252931
based
>>
>>252931
kys discordnigger
>>
>>209105
Yes. Waaaay overhyped for what it is
>>
>>252931
ded
>>
>>209105
it's made to be played on phones at parties
if you're sitting around on your pc playing it with strangers it falls apart
>>
>>209105
Who else thinks that someone could make a movie out of it? Or will it be considered a ripoff of “Clue”, no matter what happens?
>>
>>251806
retards who aren't dark triad chads will never get it, have fun with your spatial reasoning mechanical click click zoom masculine mind garbage
>>
>>231285
Hey I made that image
>>
>>209105
This used to be a Warcraft three mini game called metastasis. Metastases had better aesthetics. It had spaceships, cool random events, better skills and items, planets...
Among us is the low tier version of that
>>
The game is fucking normalfag garbage but the lobbies threads were comfy.
>>
Do people know what overrated is? It's just fun to play with the right people, nobody said it was the greatest game ever
>>
>>209306
The memes are extremely unfunny and I hate them. I'm tired of seeing people spam them everywhere in a god awful attempt at being funny
>>
>>210883
what the fuck u warming up for??????
>>
>>266530
seethe
>>
Its the pseudo social culture that has been rising as of late, especially among the younger generation. These social games are driven by people watching popular streamers. The streamers are putting on an act/façade to entertain people. But the viewers see their interactions and their fun, and they want to be them. They want the friends they're playing with. They want to be cool. So they start playing these games in hopes of emulating what they see online. Even though many times it doesn't represent real life and isn't a good substitute for real life socializing. You've also got the whole disillusion that viewers want to be friends with the streamers. Giving them money and spamming chat in hopes they'll get recognized by their "friend" on the screen.
>>
>>209105
nobody actually likes it they just want to fit in to the hivemind
i stopped talking to my discord friends cuz they got mad at me for not waning to play this crap
i wasnt even a dick about it
some people are just herd animal livestock
>>
For what it is, a casual game meant to be played by casual, non-gamer people, it's pretty good. Though of course it falls apart as soon as anyone tries to play it seriously (all you have to do is have everyone stick together and rotate through the jobs). So yes, it's overrated as it's no masterpiece, but still reasonably fun with the right crowd and fairly accessible.
>>
>>209105
It's fun with friends
>>
>>268975
die fag
>>
File: dickcheese.png (128 KB, 282x325)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>270255
>Impostor
>kill someone far away
>Don't know where everyone else is
>Find them all in med bay scan checking each other
And that just reverts to another problem

>Impostor insisting that he's not impostor when everyone else can clear each other but not him
>Refuses to accept that he lost and just follows around the last survivors hoping he can somehow separate them and get a kill to win

I just want to play the game again, why can't some Impostors just accept that they're fucked
>>
>>209105
If you don't call people niggers in this game, then you haven't played
>>
>>225187
I hate people who do things for fun.
>>
Yep. Call me a retard but I have no idea how it's possible to play it.
>>
File: 1568909431096.jpg (338 KB, 1016x774)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
Looking for a discord. I wanna play the new map on a voice chat
>>
>>272009
https://discord.gg/m52PrnPs
>>
>>214492
Throne of lies, town of salem and mafia in browser
>>
>>230925
The game is 3 years old tho...
>>
>>262741
Man i loved metastasis i used to play it a ton back before activated ruined wc3, that and whos the alien
>>
>>272009
just use the official discord
>>
>>209105
idk if its overrated or not but if you want to play some among us games we have this chill server going on and you are free to join, well be hosting tourneys with prizes and stuff in the next few days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsJ43lpiuLQ
>>
File: ab.jpg (185 KB, 800x640)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>273256
>>
File: 1597873156994.png (273 KB, 518x700)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>272751
Too many trannies on this one.
>>
>>209105
It always has been, gets worse as time goes on too. Only map worth playing is the default one, all the others are utter shit and too one sided
>>232823
In TTT as an innocent I can figure out who the T is, and fight him. And no, they dont have to revel themselves, I can figure out through signs, you could to if you played for more than 5 rounds.
>>
>>210093
it's just mafia with a bunch of house rules. it doesn't deserve to be a video game unto itself, not when it does nothing that fucking starcraft 1 custom maps didn't already do.
>>
File: meldab.gif (206 KB, 936x954)
206 KB
206 KB GIF
>get impostor
>kill the person who took my favorite color
>immediately leave
>>
File: fuckingfaggotgames.jpg (23 KB, 718x207)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Why THE FUCK do I need an account now? I fucking hate modern vidya.
>>
WTF is this quick chat bullshit, I tried playing this game first time in several months with the new Airship level and now its impossible to chat? you have to select from preset words instead to communicate? insanely retarded
>>
>>209105
Inferior to SS13, but the game loop is solid enough even if the replay value is limited.

Amogus is accessible to retards
>>
>>217320
>>215372
SS13 is a mafia game with insanely complex supporting mechanics, item interactions, systems and roleplaying opportunity.
>>
>>277288
This is only for underage. They ask your birthday yo do that. lmao get fucked zoom zoom
>>
New map suck ass.
>>
>>209105
the streamers make it look a lot more fun because they have a large group to play with voice chat.
>>
>>278786
nooo
>>
>>214492
I like Unfortunate Spacemen, though I feel like the game needs some major tweeks.
>>
>>209105
the game is as good as the people you're playing it with

if you play with shitty mouth breathers who don't understand the game you find out who the imposter is by the second meeting

if you play with sweaty tryhards who memorized every aspect of the game they'll constantly be accusing everyone of being imposter and ruin the game

it's about finding friends who aren't retards and understand the basic concept of the game but don't study the wiki before playing to have a good time with this game

just play the mobile version for free or find a different game that's exactly the same as this one and you'll have a good time with your friends stabbing them in the back/being stabbed in the back

tl;dr it's just mafia but in a videogame form
>>
Sus
>>
>>281368
black sus
>>
>>283445
N
>>
>>209105
I think it's really easy to get into, so the majority of the population can try it out any day any time.
>>
>>214383
agreed
>>
>>241634
I'm assuming he's talking about the coven content. Still doesn't quite make sense though.
>>
It's just a shitty normified version of SS13 or other whodunit games like Parasite from SC1/WC3 custom maps.
>>
File: EzGINIZUUAE3nqR.png (192 KB, 900x487)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>209105
What colors and hats do you guys usually pick?

Dark Green with Green Captains Hat for me
>>
>>210317
Being imposter like a stealth game but with real people, with even having to fake tasks by fauxing how many seconds you pretend to do them, and figuring out where everyone is to kill discretely, and it has a need of psychological understanding as well when it comes to pretending to be a regular crewmate

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.