[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: among1.jpg (29 KB, 600x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
is it just me or is this game overrated ?
>>
>>209105
i've always thought that people call games overrated just for the sake of being contrarian but honestly yes. among us is very overrated and you can thank reddit for that.
>>
>>209105
>Open youtube
>Search: Corpsehusband
>look at his abysmal content
Yep.
>>
>>209105
The memes are what made this game popular. Once the memes die out, so will the game.
>>
>>209105
Not just you. People who are in the autistic spectrum usually don't get the appeal of this game because it requires abstract perception
>>
i thing it s great when you have friend. which we don t have as you know it
>>
>>209105
It is, but its the not the games fault. The game is enjoyable, and even quite good, for what it is.

The hype for it though is wild.
>>
>>209105
It's better than Town of Salem at least
>>
>>209105
It's a very solid social game. I happen to love social games; Diplomacy might be my favorite board game, I played a ton of Town of Salem, I always like to play mafia-esque board games with friends. Among Us is very popular so I have friends who play it, runs on a toaster or a fucking phone so everyone can play it, and has a genuine skill curve while still being highly accessible. If you have real friends to play it with, what's not to like?
>>
>>210093
>has a genuine skill curve

No.
>>
It’s just trouble in terrorist town, isn’t it?
>>
It is all of the games are the same shit its only fun with friends for like 3 games and randoms are fucking awful to play with because they think they're either being funny by doing something retarded or just say ___ sus then that person gets voted off with no evidence
>>
>>210317
Not very interested in arguing with you on this one but I believe a better player will win a lobby, especially as imposter, a very large portion of the time.
>>
>>209105
Like all multpilayer games, it depends who you play with. I have a small group of people I play games with every Saturday, and this is usually our warm-up game.
>>
>>209105
any of these "mafia" games are perfect for normalfags, which is why you hear about it more often
>>
>>209105
Its severly overrated but i would say its fun once as a while like a party game or board game would be.
>>
>>210954
isn't that what it's meant to be? the original release didn't even have servers, it was LAN only. content creators jumped on it because it was easy to learn and it was easy content for youtube/twitch. then the normies came because among us is like babby's first social game
>>
>>209105
yes
>>
>>209105
it's as good/fun as the people you play it with.
>>
>>210961
>among us is like babby's first social game
What are some other good social games?
>>
>>214492
ss13
>>
>>210093
That wasn't the question. It was if the game is overrated, and it is. It's a solid 7 being touted as a 9/10.
>>
File: 1588547215104.png (176 KB, 640x480)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>214492
garry's mod, table top sim, killing floor, talking to ur mom after she comes home
>>
>>214492
>>214740
ty
>>
>>209105
There are many mafia-style games better than this yeah.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.