[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Oh_N-.png (1.87 MB, 1280x800)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
How did people play games without grenade indicators? Grenades always kill me because it's hard to see them.
>>
Old games actually cared about visual clarity so the grenades themselves were easier to see
>>
>>206174
They usually make a bunch of noise when they hit the floor
>>
>>206174
sounds and throw trails usually did the trick along with most of the map being static
>>
>>206174
bait thread, but visual clarity is better in older games
>>
>>206233
I was baiting, though. I'm a Zoomer that got a mac book two years ago, so I've been playing old games (DoD). The OP image is me getting blown away because I didn't see a grenade. I'm curious because I've seen people catch and throw back grenades in DoD.
>>
>>206265
*not
>>
>>206174
by being aware of your positioning
>>
>>206174

Red Orchestra, America's Army, and Insurgency do grenades really well.

Sound design is solid so you can often tell where it landed.

The visual designs are realistic, but somehow stand out visually. So as long as it passes your vision, you're probably going to know about it.
>>
>>206265
headphones, big monitor, and hours of gameplay
>>
>>206174
imagine having HUD on in modern clusterfuck of a game
>>
>>206174
how do people play games with grenade indicators? they never kill anyone because they have a 10 second countdown while they beep and flash and leave a trail effect and there's a warning sign
it's fucking retarded
>>
>>208543
>he doesn't cook grenades
>>
>>206265
you are a thougher and a cuck
>>
>>208561
grenade cooking is too much autism and just makes frustrating gameplay
theres no skill ceiling to memorizing timings and where to throw a cooked grenade, on the receiving end theres literally no counterplay besides never using that angle
cs had the best method to at least allow some leeway to dodge a grenade
>>
>>208667
>thougher
wut
>>
>>208678
It's not rocket science, it's just a grenade. You hold it for a few seconds then throw it in the general direction of your target. On the receiving end, you can either run away or throw it back.
>>
File: thougher phone.gif (1.14 MB, 500x436)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>>208667 (You)
>>thougher
>wut
>>
>>208916
what did you think i meant when i said it has no counterplay?
if you cook grenades frame perfect you physically do not have the reaction time to run away
people optimize angles like CS pop flashes so the other player has the most minimum amount of time possible to react to anything

even siege has a grenade indicator and its mostly useless because of the cooking mechanic, on top of the fact grenades one shot in that game
>>
>>209454
then you kill them before they throw it, shitter.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.