[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Rust in 2021 is more popular than ever. What went right?
>>
Streamers got bored of no new games, so someone planned a huge server event for popular streamers.
>>
>>202904
Agreed, but it stands up a lot more as a social game and not just a survival game with all the stuff added to the game since I last played
>>
>>202901
Probably paying big streamers to come stream their game.
>>
/vm/ server when?
>>
>>202988
this
>>
I don't like the PvP aspect too much, because I don't want to farm something for 100 hours and then have some shit-talking 16 year old with no life steal all my shit...

I see there are some PvE servers which sounds cool. But why do they have to wipe so constantly? Are there servers that don't wipe/reset every single month? (Some saying twice a month.)
>>
>buy Rust
>be forced to be retarded looking nigger with small penis

Why does life hate me so.
>>
>>203186
>nigger AND small dick
I'd just uninstall.
>>
>>203194
I refunded it.
>>
spanish fag here

70 of the most famous youtuber and twicher of SPAIN and SHOUTH AMERICA make a server called EGOLAND.
they are playing in TWICH in live.
all at the same time
800.000 viewers in twich for this server
>>
all the recent twitch/youtube popularity has made me interested in the game again since i havent played in years, but it's so time consuming to find a good server with a decent community (some tense trading/alliances and pvp but not annoying griefer shitters). also the base gathering rates are abysmal, need something that gives like 3x resources to be playable because spending hours hitting trees/rocks is boring as shit. does anyone who still plays regularly know of a server that's worth joining? or maybe it'd be worth it to get a /vm/ server going, not sure on how many players it'd draw though
>>
>>203181
Unfortunately, no. Even if a server owner didn't wipe himself, there's always a monthly force wipe
>>
>>203046
Bunch of autists sperging out, over who does what. Fags who are too scared to use a mic and someone thinking they're top kek le epic troll, after saying shitty le edgy reddit meme.

No fucking thanks.
>>
>>202901
Small YouTube clips of people having fun. Not showing the grind the game is and the defeat you feel when you bases is raided and destroyed for no reason
>>
>>203181
>playing rust without pvp
lol why? there's zero challenge without it
>>
Like >>204636 said, surviving in Rust is turbo easy, there's no challenge at all without the pvp. Servers are force wiped every month and most servers wipe weekly, that's just how Rust works. It's not for everyone.
Seems they're paying streamers recently to play it, today's update even says:
>Additionally, we've teamed up with Auronplay, Jacksepticeye, lilypichu, ludwig, Myth, pokimane, shroud, Sykkuno and xQc to bring you special unique drops which can only be earned by watching their channels - Learn more by clicking the Link

Meh
>>
PVPVE, base building&raiding, tech, vehicle, pub mic, no class/roles
>>
No idea what I'm doing but I just rented a 50 slot for the month, gonna make some videos with my friends (I get like 10 views a video but I love the editing) then I might drop the name in here after a week or so.

Anything you guys really like to see in a vanilla-ish server, willing to change some stuff up but wont do anything too crazy.
>>
>>205383
Roaming rideable horses and maybe minicopters, I think since stables got added by default they no longer spawn in the wild. Personally I don't mind a slight gather buff like 1.2x or something. Drop the ip anon.
>>
Getting back into this game after a few years.
How do I get item skins? Item Store has like 9 crapy things to choose from, and WorkShop doesn't seem to have a choice to download/buy from there, all I can do is view them?
>>
I just wished I had people to play this game with me, otherwise it's an exercise in sadomasochism.
>>
>>203181
I play on an official server and it's not too terrible. Pick a large server (with a large map obviously) and try to make your way as far away from the spawn area as possible. I usually find a spot in the desert with nobody around and gather resources for a small starter base and go from there. I went the last couple wipes without being fucked with too much just by staying away from monuments and not fucking with people. Managed to build a pretty big hemp farm.
>>
>>205599
>>205757
/vm/ rust clan when?
>>
>>206005
I'd be cool with joining one.
>>
>>204173
Sounds like any other server to me.
>>
>>206005
If the interest is there, I could make a discord server. I think it'd be cool to play with you dudes.
>>
>>205757
I fell for this meme. I got 3 friends on and thought I was about to epicly zerg the tryhards, turns out they can easily 1v4, so I just lost 4x the loot.
>>
>>204173
Lol worst case scenario is just a normal public server. Nothing to lose
>>
>>207170
>>206307
id join one for a wipe. i've been doing solo for 2 days and it really is a grind to get anything decent
>>
Competent and dedicated dev team puts out weekly updates for years, managing to make the game more broadly appealing without killing the magic of early experimental.

This is probably the beginning of the end though.
>>
>>207287
I don't know, I'd prefer a random server, than a /vm/ server - Which will be filled to the brim, with 4chan users.

2 will be arguing about politics and economy; 4 will try and troll everyone and the rest will either be mute, or will be screaming down their mics.
>>
Fastest way to get a tier 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqgWwKrKJYA
>>
>>207490
i've never understood the mentality of "i don't wanna do stuff with other 4chan people, they're weird" nigga you weird af too, that's why you're on 4chan, bish
>>
>>207559
"You're weird af too"
Yeah, exactly; I know how insufferable 4chan users -- Including myself -- can be.
>>
So, server when?
>>
Fuck discord you newfag retards, just pick a sv and use threads like it's always been, discords are for drama queers and attention seeking faggots.
>>
>>207490
there is genuinely no way that a server full of english speakers can be worse than a public rust lobby
>>
>>202901
>get a decent amount of supplies ~1 hours worth
>build shitty wooden house
>roving gang breaks in and kills me at night
Everytime.
>>
>>207490
I really can't imagine a 4chan server will be worse than the drooling mongoloids and children who populate a public server
>>
>>207817
4chan server would be extremely based
but playing on a public server to mess with people would also be extremely based
>>
>>207838
>Would be extremely based
"4chan users all moved on, killed themselves or joined a tor board. I'm not listening to regurgitated reddit memes.
>>
File: 1276811457169.gif (1.5 MB, 300x300)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>207490
I don't play Rust nor do I have any interest in playing open world survival autism simulators, but I have played multiple different games with /vm/ anons at this point and it's been pretty good. Though I don't care much for the /bant/ servers desu. If you're so adverse to meeting 4chan faggots in game then why are you here? Best case scenario you meet people you like and have fun, worst case scenario you leave and ghost anyone who tried adding you.
>>
>>207842
>"4chan users all moved on, killed themselves or joined a tor board. I'm not listening to regurgitated reddit memes.

what are you saying? rust is too *reddit* for you?
>>
4chan rust server would be gigazergs for each board and /b/ having artists paint bbc shit on their bases.
and /o/ would have a large-ass garage dedicated to every vehicle they can obtain
>>
>>202901
Streamers streamed it and people are sheep that play whatever FOTM game mr.popular streamer is playing.

Rust isn't anymore successful then among us or fall guys.

The fact this games been our for years and no one gave a shit till the popular kids starting playing is a testament to how pathetic the majority of humans are.

Chess also became more popular thanks to streamers, this has nothing to do with Chess the game itself and everything to do with 12 year olds on twitch imitating their fave streamer.

Wouldn't be surprised if rust devs are actually paying all these streamers to advertise their game.
>>
>>204636
Dude I play all three of the big survival games. Ark, Rust and Conan.
All three of these games are literally pointless if you dont have pvp, and yet, these retard faggot pve mmo skinnerbox addicts inevitably ooze their way into the community and begin to whine about pvp...
Stay in fucking WoW is all I want to tell them, because we all know theyll drop whatever theyre doing to resub to WoW the moment a new expac hits.

I really dont understand these people.. And they get infuriating.
They claim pvp'ers ruin their fun, and yet theyre the ones demanding and whining to be catered to.
JUST PLAY SINGLE PLAYER IF YOU WANT TO AVOID PVP. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES SUPPORT SINGLE PLAYER MODE!!

>inb4 u mad
Hell yeah I'm mad. Fucking faggot carebear pussy pve weirdos ruin every genre they touch .
>>
File: 1500772467897.webm (2.66 MB, 960x640)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB WEBM
Since you lads seem to have a good grasp of the game, can you tell me how this compares to 7 Days To Die? I've got both on my wishlist and I want to know which I ought to drop first.
>>
>>207416
Lets make a vm clan
>>
>>207992
I made a steam group: https://s.team/chat/HW1CuNSb

Anyone reading this can join. Hopefully IF we get enough people we can decide on a server to join.
If nothing happens with it then whatever.
>>
>>207965
rust is better for PvP
7days is better for PvE, singleplayer, basebuilding and pretty much everything else
>>
>>207998
>no longer valid
Your post was 3hrs 30 mins ago, let me in
>>
>>202901
it's a game for sociopaths in an increasingly sociopathic society
>>
>>207894
No, /vm/ is.
>>
>>208107
Let me guess, you lost your stuff and are salty
>>
>>208016
Also, Rust is a way more polished game with better mechanics. 7dtd just has the feeling of some FPS from 2005
>>
i've never played one of these survival autism simulators before and I am straight addicted now. Nothing better than griefing the shit out of someone. or even more exciting: making it 2 weeks into a new server, dominating and raiding regularly, then getting raided while you're offline and coming back online to find you've lost everything you worked so hard.

good times
>>
>>207965
Rust is a KOS PVP game. 7dtd is PVE (single or co-op).
>>
>>208118
>t. another rust sociopath
>>
>>208133
I prefer 7dtd because it has much more content and freedom. Rust is a game for sociopaths, but a polished game for sociopaths.
>>
>>207998
Yea, it expired, could you make another one?
>>
id join a /vm/ rust clan but im non committal, i dont have time to be watching bases 24/7 or playing in 5+ hour raids or some shit

just wanna build a base, kill some people, enjoy the game and log off
>>
>>208118
rust?
polished?
the fuck are you smoking, its buggy, runs like shit and everything looks like plastic
>>
>>208490
https://s.team/chat/bDa5DwEv
>>
>>208644
No joke. Rust has to be one of the least optimized games I've ever played. It runs like ass
>>
>>202901
I feel like Survival Multiplayer games like Rush and Ark need friends to play. Also you need to put in some hours and shit and for what? There's really no end goal unlike an MMO where you do it to play end game content, its just so you can get m ore powerful gear and spank low level noobies
>>
>>208958
Its because it was made in unity. SCP SL was also made in unity and it runs like dogshit. get 25-40fps in that game despite it being a blocky and pixelated pile of shit
>>
>>202901
NEWFAGS OUT FUCK ALL OF YOU AND YOUR FUCKING STREAMERS OUTTTTTTTTT
hopefully everything will be back to normal in a few months :((
>>
>>209032
fuck off retard
>>
File: 1520123921242.gif (2.38 MB, 445x250)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB GIF
>>202901
>game is boring as fuck alone
>try to find a group last year and full of retards that want people with 2k hours minimum
>want to try rust again and to find a team on discord or whatever
>again full of people only wanting people with 2k+ hours

yeah i guess im not playing this shit if i cant find a small group
>>
I try Rust every now and again but just can't get into it. The original version they had was better especially for new players. It needs some sort of faction mod where the server has 2 or more factions that players join and fight against.
>>
>>202988
only if it's the largest possible map size
>>
I know it's better now, but I genuinely had more fun in the old version, I don't know why, I think the new one is too 'balanced' maybe?
>>
>>209630
It's because the game was less of a grind so you could actually have a life outside of it, also people where generally more friendly in legacy so you could have fun interactions with people instead of just pvp
>>
>>209585
I mean you can try the reddit rust lfg
>>
>>208644
>>208958
This was said in comparison to 7 days to die, which runs and plays abyssmally
>>
if any of you guys are getting into it i started a server Shameless noobs 2x its fresh nobody on it so i can help any new comers while im working on it
>>
if you are getting into it go on modded servers most of the mods are for admins to catch cheaters, some are heavily modded but you can find vanilla servers in modded category because its all for admins use mods. official and community are full of hackers
>>
>>209585
because you are a newfag and they don't want newfags you are obviously looking at the wrong groups on the wrong servers.
>>
File: v1.jpg (130 KB, 740x380)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
I just want a map that's entirely a large, abandoned, ruined, half reclaimed by nature city. Where you could build in old malls, on top of collapsing skyscrapers etc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.