[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: teammate nades for you.webm (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB WEBM
>>171135
delayed until next patch edition
levering slug shell edition
new boss more annoying than the last new boss edition
getting resurrected to die immediately addition
>>
Remember, this is NOT a general.

Also, the abundance of foliage and other fine details along with the muted colour palette of Hunt tend to kill the bitrate of webms, I'd advise you downscale to 720p and use 30fps to reduce compression artifacting.
>>
File: Axe vs Nitro_3mb.webm (2.92 MB, 800x450)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>
Can a game start with less than 12 people? I always can get a bounty solo and go out uninterrupted. Or are people just dying to mobs?
>>
>>199578
It can but I haven't had that happen in over a year. Could be people heading for the extraction because of high ping. My group had to to it a couple of times since 1.4.8
>>
>>199578
It can start empty apart from you. If the matchmaking bar fills up the game "times out" and dumps you and anyone else who was queued with you in a server. If a server launches before the bar is filled it will typically be full, or nearly full. Tarkov matchmaking is similar (except people can get into games in progress in tarkov).
>>
>>199578
>Can a game start with less than 12 people?
Yes, but at least on PC EU at least I've not had that happen for about a year. But it obviously depends on what platform and server you're playing at what time and in what ELO bracket.

>Or are people just dying to mobs?
Noobs definitely. And they also tend to play incredibly slowly. To them if the banishing doesn't happen within 2 compounds it seems impossible to get there in time. Also, if there are 2 targets very often people will just go for the other one.
>>
>>199605
God I love late spawns in tarkov, what a good fucking feature.

>Check only spawn near to mine
>No one
>2 minutes later get shot in the back of the head because someone spawned a minute later than me
>>
>>199796
>>199605
They actually fixed late spawns, now you have to wait for everyone to load in before the countdown starts.
>>
>>199805
Oh boy, can't wait for 5+ minute loading times while I wait for every Russian with their shitty HDD's to load in.

Even on my NVME Tarkov takes like 2 minutes to load in, not to mention the 5 minute matchmaking times. I love Tarkov's gameplay, but it's so fucking tedious to play that I just don't bother anymore. Hunt is scratching that hardcore shooter itch a lot better for me right now.
>>
>>199796
>>199805
by late spawns I meant player scavs, not the bug where you get dropped in front of boys who are staring right at you. In Hunt nobody gets in after round start.
>>
File: FriendlyFire.webm (2.92 MB, 1280x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>Pick up avtomat from dude I blasted in the previous compound
>Get into another fight
>One enemy left
>He does a really confusing maneuver and a gunfight breaks out
>I have all outlines turned off
>Almost kill my teammate as I unload 2 bursts into him

The game looks so much better without the neon blue outlines, but it gets very confusing at times.
>>
>>200066
>imagine being autistic over being functional
>>
Is this worth a buy, looks a bit samey
>>
>>200186
Who cares, I'm not a faggot and play this game for fun, not k/d.
>>
>>200190
It is very repetitive if you want content. There are two maps, three bosses and I think 11 monsters in total including those bosses.

It looks like it has a lot of guns but after playing a few matches you'll notice it's just a few guns and some variations like Gun + Scope, or Gun + Silencer.

There isn't much creativity in the tools/gadgets department too, most of the tools are grenades or molotovs, except you have molotov that goes in the water or poison molotov.

It is very samey but it's really solid, I think the low time to kill makes it a great risk and reward game that feels really balanced somewhat. I personally think they could add a lot more content though.
>>
Winfield Aperture sucks so fucking hard dude
>>
>>200587
You do know that you can press x to toggle the sight?
>>
>>200206
>It is very repetitive if you want content
this
im running out of thumbnail ideas after like 20 videos
what do I even do now?
theres only like 5 zombies 5 other monsters

you cant use guns in thumbnails or titles or descriptions because the ai sees GUNS BAD
even writing descriptions is hard its just we got a team over and over
what else is there to write or draw?
>>
>>200682
What are you on about mate
>>
File: nocontent.jpg (860 KB, 1053x822)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>200706
what do you mean?
im agreeing that there isnt any content.
its literally the same thing over and over and over.
so you make a thumbnail out of a hellhound okay thats great.
so whats the next thumbnail? another picture of the same dog model?
its just forced to being thumbnails of a guy holding his hand up or putting his hand on his face with text
theres fuck all content wise to do.

IS X VIABLE?
*questioning looking guy face*
generic screenshot of hunt background
unrelated random hunt showdown video 235
30s of using X
>>
>>200711
I don't see how thumbnails are a problem with the game? Who needs these retarded videos?
>>
>>200711
>Game is bad because jewtubers don't have thumbnail pictures

Now this is something else.
>>
>>200716
>>200725
>the pizzas at the store are fucking awful
>the ingredients they put in them are all chemical garbage
>yeah i make pizza myself but with covid there arent any real fresh sources of ingredients anymore
>I wish they put in better ingredients or someone opened a pizza shop near me that made these kinds of pizzas so i could enjoy them

>WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED BREAD FOR PIZZA?!
>YOU COULD JUST SMASH THE INGREDIENTS IN YOUR HAND AND SHOVEL IT IN YOUR MOUTH
>WHY DO YOU BURN PIZZAS YOU BUY FROM THE STORE

I dont understand why you go to such weird obscene lengths to shout unrelated bullshit that has nothing to do with what we were talking about and is just off on some crazy unrelated tangent.
Maybe youre too fucking stupid to understand im not talking about thumbnails but im talking about the content just like the other anon was, but your reading comprehension is fucking awful you missed to point entirely.
Im sorry if you are fucking stupid and im just yelling at a dumb person, but im honestly just tired of every single fucking time I talk with anyone anywhere nowadays, they completely misunderstand everything and then get upset and it has nothing to do with what I said. It's like everyone's become an 11 year old autistic child thats made it their life's goal to be upset about every single thing in every single interaction they ever have with everyone.
Its
just
so
fucking
tiring.
>>
take your meds
>>
Why is the Hunt thread turning into a /v/ schizo thread?
>>
>>200734
>It's like everyone's become an 11 year old autistic child thats made it their life's goal to be upset about every single thing in every single interaction they ever have with everyone.
>>
>>200731
you seem upset lol
so this is the kind of spastic that makes hunt jewtube videos
>>
>>200734
Its either that or a chink shill thread
personally i prefer the schizos
>>
>>200744
>buzzword buzzword buzzword
you and people like you are fucking awful faggots
why are you even here
anything that doesnt fit fucking one liner safe space circle jerk fucking opinion sheep mantra 100% causes you to spam the same fucking 10 one liners in response on every single board in every single thread

youre literally red dit
just go there and fuck off where you can downvote instead of filling every single fucking thread with the same copy pasta vomit about based schizos u mad meds tranny faggotry
you add nothing to the discussion
all you do is offtopic flame and contribute nothing and derail everything
go the fuck away
>>
File: Waste disposal chute.webm (2.88 MB, 1280x720)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>200745
I don't know, the last thread barely had either and it was pretty good. Normally I like the youtube guy (I think there's 2 people that make videos in this thread) but he's being a bit of a faggot right now.

I just like posting fun webms, greentexts and discussing the game, I'd rather the thread stay away from the schizo shitflinging that plagues /v/, /vm/ has been pretty comfy so far.
>>
>>200748
dilate
>>
I put TTV in my name and now half the time I kill someone their teammate becomes completely passive as they try to stream snipe my non-existent stream.
>>
>>200828
i used to do the same thing except the twitch page existed and theyd seeit in google and they'd be excited and click it and get a video that says UR GAY on the thumbnail and the past steam was FOR MEN
>>
what the fuck is going on in this thread
>>
>security violation detected
>game closes and deletes my character
What the fuck is causing this, I've lost like 4 good dudes to this
>>
>>201504
Try turning off the hacks
>>
>>201504
You've probably got something running in the background that sets off easy anti-cheat. What error are you getting exactly, is it in-game or an external popup?
>>
>>199225
Game needs a new monster to hunt jesus christ the same 3 OVER AND OVER AGAIN bruh...
>>
>>201578
>PvEfags
>>
>>201578
Another one is coming soon™ (already delayed twice), but honestly who the fuck plays for the bosses? They're pretty cool thematically but their main purpose is to drive PvP, not to be a challenge on their own. Every single boss can be killed in like 30 seconds with an axe.
>>
>>200748
first post in this thread
stay mad
>>
>>201504
i know i get issues with my antivirus and easy anticheat when i switch inbetween games and it sometimes tries to run rootkit scans or some weekly thing.
>>
>>201547
External, the game closes instantly and I get a popup
>>
File: file.png (156 KB, 753x180)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>201918
I get this popup when I try to launch the game while another is running, however if I run the games after I launch hunt there doesn't seem to be any conflict
hope you figure it out friend
>>200828
i don't want to deal with passive enemies
but
>>200864
this is hilarious
>>
im getting a 0x30001 error, how to fix this?
>>
>>199225
Great game ruined by dark sight. Now it's just a rush fest.
>>
>>202137
If you want to sit in bushes for 40 minutes then go play Tarkov and rat with a thermal scope. Darksight was one of the best changes to the game, before that no one would actually do anything, there was no incentive to take the boss bounty until everyone was dead so you'd just get to the boss lair and sit there until some retard who didn't know any better decided to go take it.
>>
>>201578
wtf are people talking about lack of pve variety ITT? Do you fucking people even play the game?

>>202137
fuck off shitter, 5 seconds of darksight is enough to find the tree you're sitting behind but it doesn't allow for some braindead rush bullshit. Go camp in some other game.
>>
>>200751
I'm pretty sure it's more than two people. I generally don't shill my channel here because I don't want to shit up a surprisingly good thread for such a niche game
>>
>>202361
Well there's two that have posted their channels here, that Italian (?) guy and the other dude who's still editing footage from when the game was in early access.
>>
>>202381
Im also here and occasionally post horrifically bad mspaint drawings
>>
>>202181
I can't imagine what kind of faggot enjoyed how the game played before darksight.
>>
This game really fucking needs a damage breakdown for your shots.
I don't care what damage the other guy did to me, I already know I'm dead, but it would be really nice to know how my shots registered.
>>
The PvE part looks kinda annoying? Like mundane work you have to do in order to PvP
>>
File: Oh, hello.webm (2.88 MB, 1280x720)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>202616
It doesn't really matter, you can usually tell how much damage you did to someone based on the weapon, range and whether or not you killed him. For example:
>Long ammo rifle
>100m
>Hit enemy twice
>If he survives I know that I dealt around 120 damage to him regardless of where I hit
It gets a lot iffier beyond 100 metres because dropoff becomes more severe, but would it really make that much of a difference knowing that you did 149 damage instead of 150?
>>
File: Tag-Team.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>202664
Hunt is probably the best multiplayer stealth game that I have ever played, the PvE mobs mostly serve as a mobile stealth mechanic that adds another layer of complexity to PvP fights. They can still be quite dangerous around enemy players since a lot of weapons in this game will leave you with just a sliver of health so making sure that the area is clear of AI can be an important factor outside of stealth to ensure that you don't get killed by zombies (though they really pose no threat on their own).

Bosses are not challenging themselves, but they take up most of your attention during the minute or two that they take to kill so killing them is always a risk vs reward thing of "can I kill the boss before any players show up?". They can also wreak havoc if left unchecked, fighting players inside the boss lair while it's still alive can become a clusterfuck. Webm related, the boss knocked an enemy down for me which guaranteed an easy kill.

tldr: The PvE element of the game is a pretty important stealth mechanic and adds another layer of complexity to PvP engagements. The only time that I would say it gets tedious is when you wipe a server and all that's left is to kill a boss without the threat of enemies, but that takes a maximum of like 5 minutes to finish the match.
>>
There is no better feeling than stabbing an avtomat shitter to death
>>
>>202678
Has the crosshair always been permanent? I remember playing on a free weekend and you had to aim down sights.
>>
File: grass.webm (2.9 MB, 1024x576)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>203043
No, that's just me aiming during a fight. By default your hunter has the weapon pointed downwards (or upwards if it's a pistol) and you have to right click to bring the crosshairs up, and then press shift to switch to ads, sounds clunky but it's actually fine once you get used to it. There's a more traditional control scheme where the crosshairs are always up and pressing right click goes straight to ads, I prefer the other control scheme though, it's a bit more versatile.

Webm related, that's the default gun position.
>>
File: xfactor01.jpg (41 KB, 630x488)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>round starts
>hear Avtomat going ham in the distance
>A few moments later...
>encounter two Avtomat guys and their buddy at Blanchett Graves
>bro gets lit up immediately, other bro and I barely make it out
>we sneak to the crypts
>air burst frag bomb barely misses me, very good throw for not being able to see or hear me
>they come sprinting around the corner and blast us
>spectate
>guy that killed me aiming his gun at the distance, nothing to see there
>they start shooting and someone at Lockbay Docks returns fire
>terrain between Blanchett Graves and Lockbay docks is water and a few bushes, no hard cover, assaulting from there is pure madness, unless you (((have a hunch))) when an enemy player is not looking at you
>they engage and kill everyone there
They just had that perfect (((game sense))) I guess.
>>
I just got this game the other day and I suck at it.

Any tips for a new player who is shit at these battle royale games? I'm really liking this one thanks to the atmosphere, setting and gunplay.

Is there a way to get more information about a match? Sometimes it feels quite empty, and I'd like to know if I actually killes a guy or if he got revived etc.

Is the usual response to enemy players just killing them or is there some kind of gay teamwork I'm violating by shotgunning guys?
>>
>>203110
>Sometimes it feels quite empty
If the matchmaking timer bar didn't fill all the way up before the loading screen, you're guaranteed to have other players in the match.

>Is there a way to get more information about a match?
Not really, not having too much explicit info is part of the game. But you can pretty easily tell if you downed someone based on the death scream. It's unique and always the same (well, one for women, one for men, but both are long and go kinda "Uggh...Ahhhhrgh", with two parts to them). You can also tell if you landed a head shot based on the hit sound. The game is all about having to train awareness of these things. Sound is extremely important, try to learn mob trigger sounds and what is just "random" noise (e.g. there is that one horse noise that the half dead horses emit at a distance sometimes that sounds kinda like a trigger, but it's not), as well as the different gun sounds (you can scroll out in the 3D viewer to hear what a gun sounds like at any distance). Of course you can't hear everything at any distance. Revives can only be heard when you're pretty close. You just have to play around the fact that you know you downed someone in a certain place and they might get picked up.

>Is the usual response to enemy players just killing them or is there some kind of gay teamwork I'm violating by shotgunning guys?
You mean whether enemy players should be considered hostile? Yes. Sometimes people use the voice chat to try and form alliances, but by default other teams are enemies.
>>
>>203110
Apart from opening the map everything you do in the game world can be heard if someone is close to you, e.g. switching weapons, sneaking, using darksight.
>>
>>203110
>Is the usual response to enemy players just killing them or is there some kind of gay teamwork I'm violating by shotgunning guys?

If any fag offers to form an alliance with you, just ask him to come out with a medkit in his hands and blast his face the first chance you get.
>>
>>203135
based
>>
>>199225
another hill billy so I can farmer roleplay with my buddy when
>>
>>203110
>gay teamwork I'm violating
nah shoot on sight, but I'll always honour offers for a fist fight if I'm not bringing nice stuff in
>>
>>202137
Found the camping faggot. Grow some balls and contest the banish pussy.

> Solo in a trios game
> Free hunter with dual caldwells and an axe.
> Banish spider, see a trio sitting in the forest with darksight
> Wait for them to rush me
> Nothing happens for 5 minutes.
> Realize they're camping sniper babies.
> Rush them with my looted flash bomb
> Axe two and riddle the third with boolets
> 2 Mosin snipers and a lebel marksman.
> 3 Dolches
> Burn the bodies without taking anything
> Somemenjustwanttowatchtheworldburn.jpg

Feels good man
>>
>>203346
God I hate scope players in this game so much. Occasionally you get the bro that has no issue rushing chapel basement with a Sparks Sniper and an officer, but sadly those are the exception. Luckily I mostly play Precision + handcannon or dual Conversions and they immediately leave when they get matched with me anyways.
>>
>>203110
General tips:

A good pair of headphones is absolutely essential.

Speed should be your default state, and stealth something you turn on when you need it (stop crouch walking everywhere).

That being said, do not make noise unless necessary. Do you really need to kill that hive you can just walk around?

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. Decent players will never give you that "perfect" shot, so don't bother waiting.

Never stop moving when there is any chance you could be seen by an enemy.
>>
File: CrouchSpam.webm (2.81 MB, 1280x720)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>203356
>Decent players will never give you that "perfect" shot, so don't bother waiting

I hate this so much. The game should reward you for being patient and waiting, but as it stands any higher skill player will just bunnyhop around the map in the zigzags to avoid getting headshot. It's so retarded, I'm sick of hearing my teammates "huh huh huh" every second. The movement is in my opinion the weakest aspect of Hunt, but I know that they'll never really change it much because it would require too much of an overhaul.
>>
>>203356
>You miss 100% of the shots you dont take. Decent players will never give you that "perfect" shot, so don't bother waiting.
Maybe I just suck at shooters, because I lose even the fights I start by ambush
>>
>>203646
Forgot to ask, any shooterfags like the webm poster have tips for shooting? Maybe I need to fuck with the mouse sensitivity
>>
>>203411
>>203646
There is a difference between being patient and being passive.

Like I said, good players won't give you the perfect shot- i.e. standing still and inviting the headshot, but you also don't want to start banging away at every glimpse. Wait until you have the advantage to begin the fight (they are in the open, or next to barrels, or multiple people on your team have a shot), but when the opportunity comes, take it.

> You should be rewarded for being sneaky.

You are. Moving swiftly but silently to attack from unexpected directions is rewarded. Crouch walking through the forest is both expected, and no where near as stealthy as people think it is. Positioning plays at least a big role as sound in being stealthy. I know all the locations scared noobs camp when they think they're being sneaki-breeki sniper boys, its predictable as shit. The good players come at you from directions you thought were safe.
>>
File: winny.webm (2.8 MB, 1280x720)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>203648
Not really any specific aiming tips beyond the generic fps advice of "practice more".

There are maybe a few differences between Hunt and other fps games that you can pick up on. First and foremost is the fact that aim isn't everything in Hunt (though it still plays a large part). You can make up for crap aim with strategy, if you outsmart and outmaneuver someone, it doesn't matter if they have the best aim, they're still taking a shotgun blast to the face. This of course requires good game knowledge and spatial awareness. Also, never underestimate melee, if you get caught out in close quarters with no good cqb weapons, you're better off pulling out your knife and trying to rush the enemy instead of taking potshots with a rifle. Probably the only aiming tip that I can give for this game is to not spam bullets, even mid firefight (unless of course you have something like fanning or levering). Because of the slow firerate and low ammo count of most weapons, you're better off taking a split second more to aim your shots instead of just firing whenever the gun is ready. I find myself missing even the easiest of shots on enemies with no cover if I spam.
>>
>>203648
>Maybe I need to fuck with the mouse sensitivity
How high is it right now? Lower is generally better up to a certain point. Other than that like the other guy said just practice more by getting into fights, aim for heads/upper bodies and shoot while moving because movement inaccuracy is nonexistent and you're making yourself very easy to hit by standing still. The movement sucks and you should abuse it as much as possible.
t. one-hunt-vid-on-youtube-guy
>>
The amount of air control you have is ridiculous, check this shit out, it looks like he's playing a fucking cs surf map.
>>
>>
>taking a picture of your monitor
>>
Kek, right in the mouth.
>>
What do you anons recommend for loadouts? What's good and available to low level players?
>>
>>204264
i really like the caldwell pax/winfield-c marksman combo. it's cheap, somewhat balanced and available in tier 1 recruits
>>
File: Rat.webm (2.79 MB, 1280x720)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB WEBM
>>204264
Unlike in most other games, pretty much every single weapon is viable (apart from the poison crossbow, never take that) and loadouts are a matter of preference. The more expensive, higher tier guns are of course better stat wise, but in terms of combat effectiveness, even the $20 shotgun can outclass them if the player wielding it is proficient. A lot of the guns that you unlock early are the game's bread and butter, like the sparks or pax.

Loadouts are mostly about balancing range, you want a well rounded loadout that is capable at all ranges, you can choose to focus on long-range but still have a cqb weapon that you can use in a pinch and vice versa.

To that end, you really can't go wrong with a winfield, the quintessential jack of all trades, the sidearm is really down to preference. Another versatile loadout for low ranks would be the romero or double barrel with a pax.
>>
>>204264
Don't fall for the long ammo meme. It's just compensating for lack of initiative and tactical skills. Vetterli + Officer or Caldwell/Nagant with fanning is great, so is the Winnie or the Precision with the sawn-off Romero. Almost anything in this game is pretty viable as long as you understand its strengths. The more important thing is to gain more map knowledge and tactical sense so you can confidently push and outmaneuver enemies instead of sitting in a corner all day or getting into long range peeking attrition warfare/lucky headshot competitions. At close enough range pretty much anything two taps and since the quickswap nerf long ammo can't just two tap you in the legs within a second so you have the advantage with most lower calibre guns assuming you can aim.
>>
>>204264
Winfield and Nagant silencer if you're piss poor
double Conversions and Romero handcannon if you got balls
regular Romero and Pax
>>
>play 3 mans
>always lose and teammates dont communicate or only turn on their mics to cry and complain about me or other dude
>play solo
>win 3 games in a row
is this normal?
>>
>>200711
what the fuck are you smoking
>>
File: joaquin totino.png (554 KB, 800x800)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>200748
you don't seem like being here
>>
>tfw never have traits because my lads get domed every game
>>
>Playing trios
>Double bounty
>Banishing one of the bosses
>Kill 2 teams
>While we were fighting, the last remaining team took the other boss and went straight for the extract without fighting any other players

Why do people play like this? Are they that desperate for hunt bucks or do they just like killing braindead mobs? Either way, it wouldn't be an issue if double bounties weren't a thing, double bounties just fucking suck.
>>
>>204764
Yeah, double bounty with trios usually sucks because it's so likely that one team just gets one boss for themselves, but with duos double bounty is better than single because having 6 teams in the same place just turns into a giant clusterfuck.
>>
File: Arrow to the knee.webm (2.78 MB, 1280x720)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>204781
>6 teams in the same place just turns into a giant clusterfuck

This rarely happens, a couple of teams will already be dead by the banishing phase and you'll get maybe 3 or 4 teams in one compound. Those rare clusterfucks are the best part of the game imo, non-stop spaghetti western kino with bullets whizzing all around you.
>>
>>204795
I feel like they should add 4-6 more players in a game desu, some more frequent and bigger pvp would be welcome
>>
File: The Rattening.webm (2.84 MB, 1280x720)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
>Had a huge fight with 2 teams
>Thought we were safe, killed 6 people
>Teammate goes to revive our fallen comrade
>Gets domed by third-partying sniper faggots while holding F
>I'm so fucking tired of these scope fags
>I was on the other side of the compound, chances are they didn't see me
>Maybe they'll think that my teammate was the last one
>Decide to rat in a corner
>They approach super slowly
>Burning every body in the compound
>Luckily there were so many bodies that they only managed to burn one of my teammates
>Wanted to extinguish him with a choke, but I was already this deep, decided to stick it
>I was killing these cunts if it was the last thing I ever did
>Teammate burns out and DC's
>After like 10 minutes of bunnyhopping around the compound they finally facecheck my corner
>Webm related
>Burn them within a fucking nano second
>Last sniper cunt gets shredded when he moves in to put them out

Sometimes, you must become the very thing that you hate. You can only kill a rat by out-ratting them. Not gonna lie, this shit had me sweating though, hearing 3 dudes running around outside is fucking terrifying.
>>
Wait, do character appearances not change as they level up? I thought you could increase the tier through play, not just by buying them at that tier
>>
>>205012
Nope, it's always been like this. Would be a cool idea though, lvl 1-25 is a tier 1 skin, lvl 25+ is tier 2 and lvl 50 is tier 3. It would work too since all of the tiered hunter skins use the same base model just with some adjustments to clothes/tattoos/accessories.

Customizable hunters are still on the roadmap though, so I'm guessing they're working on that instead.
>>
>>205015
>customizable hunters
Great, can't wait for everyone to look like a fucking moron, even moreso than the premium characters we already have
>>
>>205016
They ruined the cool aesthetic of hunters a while ago, you almost never see those cool cowboy dudes with trenchcoats anymore. Still, I'll take everyone running around with rainbow meme skins over the fucking tryhard grey blob skins like Felis and the weird sister.
>>
>>205017
I just got into the game recently and it's really disappointing to see the prevalence of the ugly premium skins
The character design is otherwise really cool, but the amount of Phantoms and Felis that I see really ruins that
>>
>>205020
I don't mind them so much visually, they still fit the game thematically, it's just that they kill variety. Back before 1.0 seeing a duplicate skin in a match was very rare, and before that there were no free hunters, so you would see a lot more of the cool tier 3 hunters. Now you either see tryhard squads all running felis/weird sister skins or squads of tier 1 white shirts because tier 3 hunters are inefficient money wise.
>>
>>204991
please apply brightness to video
>>
File: T0lopOK.jpg (66 KB, 675x871)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>tfw a good night of wins and well fought losses
>>
So why are random farmers and hillbillies forming squads to kill evil barn monsters but also each other?
>>
>>205339
I haven't read all the lore but from what I understand it pretty much went like this:
Plague hits the south, people start turning into monsters, people get to cleaning up the dead and researching/dealing with the monsters, eventually people make it a job and start making names for themselves/competing with each other over contracts, this turns deadly since this is essentially a lawless land and the others can be assumed to have died to monsters while the killers make off with the money.
>>
I die from falling down the hole half a second after this webm. My retarded teammate doesn't realize that I wiped the last 2 guys, spends 5 minutes crouch walking around and then gets domed by another team that showed up. It's my own fault, but boy does this game gets me screaming internally sometimes.
>>
>Hear players doing the spider at Blanc Brinery
>Toss a frag through a window
>1 dies to the frag, other dies to spider
>Fuck off and in a bush with a scoped mosin for the rest of the round
funfunfun
>>
>>205455
I wish they would tighten the spread on the hatchet. It's a fun weapon but its ridiculously shit compared to a regular handcannon.
>>
>>206154
Yea, I love the hatchet but it's so fucking unreliable. None of the other melee variants have such a huge reduction in stats as the hatchet, except for the spectre bayonet, but that one kind of makes sense since the barrel is also a lot shorter than the regular one. Most of the time I'll blast someone at like 5 metres and have to finish them off with a hatchet swing.
>>
>>206154
I was told it was tightened to match the handcannon this last patch
i'm not sure how to test it? of course the stats aren't updated
>>
>>200591
YOU CAN FUCKING WHAT?!!!?
>>
>>206655
I don't think so, or at least they didn't mention anything in the dev stream or patch notes. You might be confusing it with the melee changes that they made to the hatchet and talon variants, which now have a longer, wider arc.
>>
File: lars-hofrichter-limbo1.jpg (594 KB, 1920x1080)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
Why did they cut rain? This looked so fucking good bros, I guess it's probably because getting the sound right would mean redoing the whole sound stage and crytek are too lazy.

https://youtu.be/o_GQ5wHSha8?t=1182
>>
>still no snow map
>still no rain
>>
>>207102
A rainstorm would be a great addition to the game. Crytek are too lazy and their streamer lackeys too close-minded for a big change like that.
>>
>>207017
they cut many thing, the hunt there is now is a butchered, downgraded version of the initial vision for the game.
>>
File: 1476761573875.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>207413
I feel rainy matches would really affect the way people would play as the rain would cover a lot of the sounds produced by the players though mud would make footsteps louder
>>
>>207521
It wouldn't have to be pounding rain but more thunder and lightning might change up the gameplay a little.
>>
>Have a really long fight with a team that spawned next to us in Blanchet
>Boss is already halfway banished by the time we win
>It's across the map so we start legging it there in hopes to make it
>The timer will be down to the wire so I'm not really paying attention
>Get ganked by a squad of bush goons that had set up traps everywhere like 100m from where we were fighting
>I was first so I die instantly
>My team scatters, I get burnt and a long fight ensues
>Meanwhile the bounty gets banished and extracted
>My buddies just extract because of the 5 minute timer

I mean, the ambushed worked so fair play to them, but is it not soul crushingly boring to play the game like this? They were camping in those bushes for at least 10 minutes, and for what, a single kill with no bounty?
>>
>>207102
Think they said something along the lines its to hard and shit pcs couldn't handle it or something
>>
>>207648
but shit PCs can handle the game now LMFAI
>>
>third map is just another swamp, but with more water this time
what a fucking waste of potential, map set in hilly pacific northwest with thick as fuck forrests, cabins and shit would be golden
>>
>>208121
It seems like they scrapped that leaked map which was half water. The teaser they've shown looks like some sort frontier mining town.
>>
>>207582
teh epic trap kill compilation
>>
File: Chapter4_Figure3.png (209 KB, 1222x848)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>208121
a boss fight in one of these would be cool, if they think of it
>>
there really should be a punishment for just sitting in a bush 100m from the compound while the rest of your team is getting their asses shot up
>>
File: crippled.jpg (19 KB, 475x295)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
some players are really uptight
>stalking team who are banishing spider
>run up to team mate
>he berates me for making noise
>tells me to go back to playing fortnite
>he melees me with his gun
>I knife him back
>3rd team member gets downed
>I run to evac because fuck this team
>watch my back because dont trust the russian nigger
>we take shots at each other
>come to evac he tosses a firebomb at me
>I heal up
>5 seconds before timer I lob a grenade at him
>gottem
>mfw
>>
>>208258
>>208262
I'd never play a game like this with randoms, not that I don't shoot my partner though. If we're confident that the whole map is dead we'll have mock firefights with each other for practice and funsies.
>>
>>208258
Pro tip, if you ever get matched with a sniper retard, just leave the lobby. The small chance that they're actually a decent and not a bush rat is too small.

>>208262
I'm not really uptight about making noise, I prefer speed over stealth, but if someone is just mindlessly walking through every soundtrap on the map then I'm gonna tell him to the shut the fuck up
>Retard is shooting literally every single grunt from the start of the match
>After 5 minutes of this shit I ask him to stop
>"Bro wtf I need the xp for my uppercut"
>Tell him that a hunter is worth 40 grunts, better to just stay quiet
>He doesn't say a word and shoots me, continues blasting his way through the map
>Say goodbye to that retard and run for extract
>Literally 20 seconds after I leave he gets downed by someone
>Most likely ambushed because the entire map had an active gps location on him
>Proceed to laugh my ass off all the way to extraction, he hasn't left yet and I know he's spectating me
>Tries to add me on steam after the match
>Leaves salty comment on my profile
>>
>>208262
I remember having a game like this a little while ago
>game starts
>guy gets mad that I forgot to take a medkit and is yelling at me all game about what a noob I am and how I'm just wasting his time
>other dude is his buddy and starts trying to kill me after we get the second clue
>run away and see them both die within 5 seconds of each other to other hunters
>extract and hop back into queue
>wasnt paying attention to the people I got queued with and after loading in I see its them again
>they both immediately try to kill me
>kill all 3 of us with a grenade
>queue up and get them again
Also why on Earth do 2 man premades play trios?
>>
>>208641
>larp
they cant
>>
File: 20210113180522_1.jpg (501 KB, 1920x1080)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>
the hunt giveth, the hunt taketh away
>>
>>208856
>the hunt giveth

I wish they'd give us some new fucking content.
>>
>>208877
*monkey's paw activates*
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1397381/Hunt_Showdown__The_Trick_Shooter/
>>
>>208912
That's been there for weeks, I have no idea why they put it up like 2 months in advance. Maybe 1.5 is coming with it?
>>
Is there some surefire way to tell if I'm in a empty lobby or not?
>>
>>208932
The lobby is never empty unless the matchmaking bar reaches the end. Then it'll put you on a server with as many people as possible, it could be empty or there could be a couple of other players, no real way to tell.
>>
>>208945
it almost always reaches the end for me do I just have bad luck or is it ded game?
>>
>>208972
quickplay? what region?
>>
>>208972
What server? I haven't seen the bar reach the end ever since the game blew up around halloween, even when I play at retarded hours in the middle of the night. It's certainly not dead, but some servers are.
>>
>>208976
>>208977
regular bounty in us east it almost always happens whenever I play solo but I dont know if that actually factors or not though
>>
>>209004
its probably because you play solo, ever been dropped right next to an enemy team?
>>
>>209006
almost never hell I havent seen a single other player in the 4 games I've played today
>>
>>209010
rank? also have you put up a secondary region?
>>
>>209014
>rank?
>secondary region
us west
it's fine whenever I play duo/trio but almost guaranteed empty any time I play solo
>>
>convinced I'm in a empty lobby
>go guns blazing
>kill boss and banish without ever hearing so much as a distant gunshot
>do a quick dark sight after grabbing bounty but dont see anyone
>guns blazing to the extraction
>get headshot with 3 seconds left and never having seen a soul
It's my own fault for not checking but I'm still upset
>>
>>209228
I had this happen too when I was new to the game. I assumed that it was common to not be matched with anyone because I had games where I banished and successfully escaped without hearing or seeing anyone. I was in another game thinking I was alone and I got killed out of nowhere lol.
>>
Is there anything I should use blood bonds on or can I just grab whatever cosmetic I think looks good?
>>
>>209535
Get whatever cosmetics you like and some hunter slots, that's it.
>>
Remember whatever you do don't leave the building during a gunfight
>>
>>209679
Yeah just sit tight
>>
>>200206
>I personally think they could add a lot more content though

Update 1.5 boiiii. new ammo system, new boss, and iirc a new map soon
>>
>>200711
>game is bad because i have no creativity and can't come up with thumbnails for my own jerk-off videos.
>>
found some oil, cleaned muh martini
>>
>>209715
based
>>
>>201603
>main purpose is to drive PvP

This. most matches i just let someone else kill the bosses and then murder them for the bounty. It's more fun,challenging and i don't have to sit on my ass for a few minutes waiting for the banish
>>
>>209679
Sure pal, just chill in a corner for a bit
>>
Have you accepted your lord and saviour Romero into your life?
>>
>>209735
>>209683
are you implying I go outside even though surrounded by enemies?
>>
>>209762
how can you be surrounded by 3 people?
>>
>>209774
6 people earlier
>>
Just told someone to let us extract to get his two dead friends. He agreed and did let us escape from our unfavorable position. Sometimes diplomacy really works. Nice if you can acknowledge you lost and only stay for your stupid buddies.

It would have dragged on for 10-15 more minutes otherwise depending on how good he was.
>>
File: 1604705776878.jpg (98 KB, 512x736)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>209778
never knew it was an option, nice
>>
I like the Specter.
>>
>>209775
that's 3v3v3. not 6v3 so you're fine, just go out and start blasting
>>
>>209779
the hunt community is fucking solid
>>
>>209787
I have to deal with russian niggers though
>>
>>209790
Russians are much better than americans, desu.
>>
>>209793
>desu
haha I didn't know wordfilters were still a thing
>>
>>199225
Which gun if I have shit aim?
>>
>>209828
Winfield or shotguns
>>
>>209828
romero/any shotgun or a melee weapon if you really want to live wild and free
>>
>>209793
Maybe if you aren't russian. I almost always target NA east server when I can to avoid my "brethren".
>>
>>209837
Why do you guys never play on your own fucking server? Literally every single EU server in existence is flooded by Russians.
>>
Is there some way to filter double bounties? It's more fun when everyone fights over a single bounty rather than spreads out and you're lucky if you ever even see another team
>>
>>209786
I did, my team got wiped
>>
Do you check your teammates stats and equipment before or do you just play with whoever anons?
>>
Silenced rifles are a pretty shit addition to this game.
The pistol is fine because it serves a nice purpose of quite pve utility in exchange for being a weak pvp weapon, but the rifles are just annoying horseshit for bush campers.
>>
File: CRABBED.webm (2.81 MB, 1280x720)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
>>209943
I do a quick check to make sure their not running some meme loadout like double poison crossbow and whether they have a medkit/consumables. Don't care about the stats unless they have like a >0.5 k/d.

>>209948
I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about the silenced weapons, they're so gimped over the non-silenced counterparts that they're just not worth taking. The winfield is utter shit, the sparks is more usable but it's still worse than a regular springfield.
>>
File: Screenshot (173).png (2.12 MB, 1920x1080)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>209787
For the most part, once you start getting matched with high prestige players you'll run into absolute bellends like this guy
>Guy on the left refuses to queue up because the guy on the right has a slightly lower k/d
>Left is like 1.3, right is like 0.9, not even that much of a difference
>Tell him to stop being gay and to ready up
>He switches to a hunter with no weapons and readies
>Point out to him that I have a much higher k/d than either of them and that I don't care if the other guy is less skilled
>Starts coping by calling me a cheating Russian because my k/d is higher
>Says he's gonna hold the lobby hostage
>I just leave
I find guys like this quite often.
>>
>>209762
When surrounded I use dark vision to locate a single player from a three stack, usually they split up, and make my team rush the solo guy. BAM, 3v2, and I probably burned him, TIDES ARE TURNED
>>
>see banishing start less than 5 minutes in on exact opposite corner of map
>rando partner says we should go for it
>dont think we'll make it but sure why not
>sprint non stop all the way there and dome them both with the Specter while the other guy is distracting them on the opposite side of the carriage
>bullets start flying past us just as we extract
Felt bretty good you had any good games today anons?
>>
File: hunt qp win.png (1.75 MB, 1589x881)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>210080
fucking nerveracking but worth it and I got every kill with the starting sawn off double barrel
>>
I prefer to play black characters, especially black women
Yes, my dick is huge, how could you tell?
>>
>>209981
>they are german
>the guy calling you out for being a russian is named after a white trash rapper
Checks out. Ignore my people, they are all autistic asocial fucks.
>>
>>210274
It depends, some Germans on this game are really nice and friendly, and then some are hyper autists that are worse than Russians and BR's combined. It seems like there's no middle ground of just a regular dude with Germans.
>>
>>209712
>((((soon))))
You know we're talking about months at least, right? This shit was promised to be out before the end of last year.
>>
>>209943
if I didn't have friends to play with I would genuinely rather go solo for the fat underdog bonus than deal with randos
>>
Stealth is your greatest weapon
>>
>>210491
no thanks i'll stick to the romero
>>
Am i delusional? I played my fair share with randoms and i swear half of them are bush campers with spectres who play fucking controllers. Someone else seen these players? They look like a badly trained deepmind with unusual twitchy mouse movements which are too smooth to be actual mouse movements. Looks like controllers to me, but every time i ask myself why someone would torture himself like that. The last guy was deaf who looked like this and couldn't hear a player running 3 meters beside him multiple times while acting like a fucking bot checking weird angles. Did we already reach the singularity or do people like this exist?
>>
I like Caldwell Rival 78
>>
>teammate starts complaining about your loadout
Well anon what do you do?
>>
>>210743
why the fuck are you playing with randoms
>>
>did 2 solo bounty hunts
>just die without getting a hit in
fuck. i really like the game but am so bad at shooters i think i just need to quit
>>
>>210743
Switch to whatever they want and then teamkill them right at the start
>>
>>210402
They said Q1 2021, probably somewhere in February. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it late March and then ship a unfinished version to the test server for a few weeks.

JUST GIVE ME MY LEVER ACTION KINO ALREADY CRYTEK
>>
>>210808
fuck me i cant even get 3 stars on these fucking trials, 1 star on most of them
>>
>>210593
the spectate mode just smooths out mouse movements and makes them look weird, seems like it runs at a really low tickrate or something
>>
>>210864
The trials are a bad indicator of skill, they're mostly a trial and error type of thing until you figure out the optimal way of doing them. I had like 800 hours in the game when the trials first came out and I struggled with a lot of them, still haven't even finished all of them.
>>
>>210885
yeah but i'm not doing better in game either. trouble is there's very little opportunity to get some gun fighting practice in person because of how long games are/how sneaky everyone is trying to be plus low time to kill.
>>
>>210907
also you lads have any tips for solo play bounty hunts?
>>
>>210907
>>211069
>quickplay
>>
are any of the DLC's a must have?
>>
>>211109
No, they're all completely cosmetic. Some retards like to go on about "muh camouflaged hunters P2W" but camo makes almost no gameplay difference and the most camouflaged hunter can be bought for free with in-game currency anyway.

If you like the game then just buy whatever DLC looks good to you. The only ones I bought were the Louisiana legacy, Crossroads and Ronin packs.
>>
>>210885
>trials are a bad indicator of skill
I disagree with that. Yeah, there is a good amount of luck involved with some of them (fucking hellhounds spam without bleeding damage) but overall 3 stars require a good understanding of the compound layout and ai behaviour. I think that's pretty important in bounty hunt.
>>
dont neglect quickplay, its how you replenish your roster with free hunters
>>
>>211168
Felis is literally p2w, which free hunter skin has better camo?
>>
>>211336
Felis isn't DLC, you can buy her with blood bonds. They give them out very generously, just do the tutorial or some challenges and you'll have her unlocked.

Camo makes 0 fucking difference in 99.9% of situations.
>>
>>211334
that is if you manage to win a quickplay, noobs
>>
File: 1917.jpg (921 KB, 1920x800)
921 KB
921 KB JPG
Hunt 2 should be a WW1 setting, lads?
>>
>>211338
I completely forgot you can't buy Felis with BB since I don't play as women. Camo is important though, especially at night or between compounds.
>>
>>211379
Too late weapon technology wise
>>
>>211379
Would be really cool aesthetically, but too many semi and full auto weapons. They'd have to change the gameplay up too much for it to work and then it just wouldn't be hunt. On the nonexistent chance that Hunt 2 ever gets made (there were some rumours) they should keep the current time period but have an international setting with vastly varying locales, something other than Louisiana. Maybe they could push the period back to like 1905, but any further would be too modern.
>>
>>209828
>>
>>211379
Dolchfag detected
>>
>>211379
Civil war
>>
File: 1608710707616.gif (2.61 MB, 640x480)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB GIF
yo new here and new player kinda, anyone wanna duo ? my kda is 1:0.
>>
How come every teammate I get is either silent or only turns on their mics to blame me or the other guy? Is it my own fault for playing with randoms should I just go back to solo?
>>
>>211485
Just play solo. Peak solo gameplay is a Romero, 3 drags and a molotov.
>>
>>211501
Frags, please excuse my phonefaggotry
>>
Hey lads, quick question. I'm seeing about putting together a /vm/ squad for a PES tournament, using memes from the board as players.
Considering Hunt is one of the more popular games on the board, I wanted to make one of the players a rep for it. What are your best Hunt: Showdown memes that you would put on the team?
>>
>>211513
kys redditor
>>
>outnumbered 3:1
>they still refuse to push and just camp the bodies of my teammates
>>
>>209228
just had a similar game this morning
>almost positive its empty
>decide to take my time and just wander around
>do both bounties
>with about 25 minutes left I decide to extract
>in the 10 seconds before extraction I get a message someone picked up a bounty
dude literally just hid and never tried to engage for 35 minutes I dont know whether to be disgusted or impressed
>>
What's with these fags that just hold lobbies hostage and try to get someone else to leave without leaving themselves?
>>
Researcher is the best skin, you can not dispute this.
>>
>>211969
It's people being retarded. They don't like the teams experience or k/d and try to avoid the 60s punishment for leaving. Most of these situations take longer than a minute though. I just leave when I feel like I won't get a decent game, which unfortunately is quite often lately. It feels like 80% of randoms are below 1 k/d. I know k/d isn't everything but this is still ridiculous. And almost every time I play with these people I feel like I would have been much better off solo.
>>
>>212205
I prefer Marshall Brewer. Researcher borders on the 'out of place' kind of skin like the phantom. Some skins just look retarded and damage the aesthetic flair.
>>
I thought the specter was shit for a long time but I've come around to it recently. The variants still suck but the basic version is pretty consistent and fun to use
>>
>>212267
I just adjust my playstyle to the k/d of my teammates. If they're decent and have at least 1.5 then I play normally, if they're sub 1.0 I stay 50 metres behind them at all times and use em as meat shields.

If they're snipers or have a cyrillic name I just dodge, not worth even playing the match.
>>
>Game stutters and doesn't straight work
>Check forums
>It's been like this since 3-4 months
>People reports it, radio silence in return
>No fix
>Beta low_profiler thing doesn't do shit

It's dead aint it
>>
>>212362
Cool, but these meat shields can catch two bullets before they die and leave you in a 3v1. What do you do then? Just extracting feels like a dick move too
>>
>level 100 dude only turns on his mic to yell at the level 8 guy and then try to teamkill him
think I'll just go back to playing solo
>>
File: Triple romero.webm (2.87 MB, 896x504)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>212511
Game runs fine for me on a gtx 1070 and an i5 8400. Get a locked 60fps at 1440p ultra during 99% of gameplay. It drops to like 50 in some extreme situations like lots of fire. Also, fuck lockbay docks, my fps just randomly drops there.

>>212513
>3v1
No different from playing solo. I always try to rescue my meatshields when they die, but if I'm in a really bad spot or the enemy is just burning and camping their corpses I just extract or continue on towards the objective. A lot of the time the enemy doesn't even see me, so sometimes they think it's just a duo and leave, I'll just wait around for a bit and go res them.

There are two ways of playing with randoms, use them as meatshields, or just play like they aren't there. NEVER EVER rely on them to have you covered or making good plays, always factor in the fact that they may be brainless retards. The only real downside of playing with randoms is them setting off sound traps every now and then.
>>
The one out of thousand game with randos that actually know what they're doing and coordinate with you with no or minimal talking more than makes up for all the retarded randos I get matched with. There's no greater feeling than having a partner that pushes with you without having to ask and who can hear shots/death screams and actually realizes it's a 3v1 instead of sitting in a corner thinking he's surrounded by 1000 enemies all the time, all without a single word spoken. Meanwhile every single non-rando I ever got to play with insists on using discord/steam voip just to drown out the game sound by yawning/coughing/talking about random bullshit/calling out gunshots/complaining about how they got killed. Voice chat was a mistake and is a crutch for shit players that need others to tell them things they should be able to pick up on on their own.
>>
>>212640
>Playing with randos
>We're 2v1
>I trade kills with the last enemy
>Teammate is retarded and spends 5 minutes crouch walking around the entire compound until another team shows up and murders him

I love voip, but they should really just add unconditional voice chat to the game since all of the sweats are discord niggers anyway. Communication is such a big deal in this game if you're not playing with teammates who know the audio system inside and out.
>>
>>212648
I like the positional, global voip because it discourages people from using it.

Rando who is shit:
>gets killed by enemies he didn't hear
>does not push when having the advantage (i.e. you killed every enemy except the last one and they decide to do nothing)

Dude you're in voip with who's shit:
>constantly drowns out game sound
>does all the same stupid stuff as the rando
>but you also have to tell him what he's doing wrong, taking further attention away from the game

Rando and dude in voip who know what they're doing:
>barely talk anyways

Unless you want to socialize, voip is mostly a detriment unless you're playing large scale stuff like Project Reality/Squad/HLL. You wouldn't believe how much coordination is possible without it between people that actually concentrate on the game and have their shit together. Not that it's entirely useless, but 90% of the stuff people use it for is. Even most enemy callouts are completely redundant in this game with the sound and ping system.

That said, if they ever implement that mentor system (looks like it's not on the current roadmap, I swear they talked about that at some point), it really needs team voice chat, because that's exactly the thing it's great for.
>>
Headshots should be unrevivable, don't @ me
>>
>>212808
why? "muh realism" isn't an argument
>>
How the fuck do you play this game? Whatever I do whether it be rushing in, stealthing it, moving slow, moving fast, sticking it with the team, spacing out, I just get fucking headshot and die
>>
>>212813
You win the prize for most retarded suggestion of 2021 (so far).
>>
>wander off from my team
>grabbing a clue and hear some footsteps right outside the door
>jump out the window and toss some dynamite in the room
>hear 1 go down
>spend the next 10 or so minutes crawling around trying to find the other 2
>finally figured they left and go to loot the one I killed
>3 dead bodies in the tiny clue room
ok
>>
The game needs more gore tßh.
What if you got domed and after being revived there would be bullet holes etc. revenant style.
>>
>>213099
that would be cool but it'd be a lot of work for something that doesn't really affect gameplay
>>
>>212511
Rollback your drivers and never update them, that worked for me. I'm running on Nvidia driver 452.06.
>>
File: 1420167323067.gif (1.55 MB, 400x286)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB GIF
>play solo with a Sparks Sniper
>find boss compound early
>its a small map-split so enemies have to come from the north
>wait around, nobody comes
>other bounty extracts, everything's quiet
>shrug and kill the boss
>check dark sight and get nothing
>go to the further extract just to be safe
>halfway to the next compound and hear a gunshot behind me along with BOUNTY TAKEN
>a duo had been camping the next compound over to the south JUST outside of darksight range
>chace me down and kill me because they probably have gator legs and greyhound

I'm never playing solo again. Imagine your idea of fun with a friend is just sitting around like a fucking bitch to kill ONE person. Solos practically HAVE to do that, what the fuck is the point if duo's are going to play just as fucking passively. Fuck this game.
>>
>>213364
just run around with a shotgun and damn the consequences bro works for me about 6/10 times when I play solo
>>
>>213364
>play game
>go to bounty
>bounty taken
>race to extract
>kill team

>play game
>go to bounty
>bounty taken
>race to extract
>kill solo retard
>go back and get 2nd bounty
>extract
>>
>run into boss building and kill 2 hunters by myself before dying to the 3rd after trading melee hits
>2 teammates pussyfoot around so long that the guy heals himself and revives both his teammates before killing them
Why do I keep tricking myself into thinking my teammates arent retarded cowards?
>>
How come everyone just sits at level 100 and never does the prestige thing?
>>
>>213606
Probably because the unlock system sucks ass. It's a little better now that xp can overflow but having to go through unusable shitty variants to get to the good ones still sucks.
>>
Is this game dead or dying? I just lost a round and spectated after my death only to find a game full of prestige 5, 6, 7 motherfuckers with no newer players except for my own duo
>>
>>212836
don't move in straight predictable lines?
>>
>>212836
also don't crouch when moving between positions
ever
>>
>>213789
continuously increasing player count on steam charts
>opposite of dead game
>>
>>213871
It is somewhat dead during burger hours, or at least compared to EU times. I still have no trouble finding games but they get like 10k+ players during euro hours. It's probably up there as one of the most played steam games now.
>>
how many of you niggas play solo exclusively?
>>
The more I play this game the more I wish I had played before all the spam shit was added.
This game is at its peak when people are taking a slow methodical approach to the fights instead of just whipping out their retard gun and going to town.
>>
>>213881
I do, basically
I've got a friend who plays it but our schedules rarely match up so it's almost always solo for me
>>
>>213890
>spam shit
The ultimate cope for having poor positioning. If you get into their effective range it's your own fault, the vast majority of weapons that I find on dead hunters are still long ammo rifles, their versatility far outweighs the situational usefulness of your so called "spam shit".

The only "spam" gun that's a bit too good right now is the officer carbine. I love it, it's one of my top 3 guns, but it's also downright bullshit for being so cheap and early to unlock.
>>
>>213789
Prestige 5, 6, 7 is nothing
>>
>>213905
>The only "spam" gun that's a bit too good right now is the officer carbine
I really don't understand how that thing is so good. It took me way too long to realize how great the officer is, so I only recently started playing the carbine. I know everybody always called it the headclicker and I thought they were just memeing but it's fucking real. I normally don't get headshots at all, I barely even aim for heads (years of Darkest Hour conditioned me for body shots), yet with the carbine I constantly get 50 meter headshots without even trying. Is it just the long sight posts making me aim higher than usual because I instinctively align my sights to see the enemy's center mass?
>>
>>213949
I might be wrong but I think that it has the lowest sway value out of any gun in the game.
>>
>>203411
>much of an overhaul
not really.
your weapon used to sway a ton when you were zigzagging around which made stealth the main playstyle in early access.
they removed it because of cod kiddies crying about it and added gunslinger ontop just to cater to them more.

i quit playing shortly after that change
>>
>>213929
Doesn't that mean they have hit level 100 seven times? I only started playing recently, how am I supposed to get practice when everyone has played 100x more than I have
>>
>>214154
Generally, if you're consistently dying before you even have the chance to fight back then it's not because you're up against better or more experienced players, it's because you're doing something fundamentally wrong.

This game is just as much about tactics, strategy and awareness as it is about skill. I can't really give you tips without knowing what you're doing wrong but I'd advise that you evaluate your deaths and try to break down what you could've done better.
>>
>>214154
Prestige tells you very little about actual skill. Not only can people just not prestige (seen plenty of prestige 1s with thousands of kills), but as long as you keep banging your head against the game you will be able to prestige. I've had prestige 0s that played miles better than most prestige 50+ people I've seen, not to mention the bizarre double digit prestige players with <0.2 KDA. There's a lot to learn in this game but you have to make that effort, but if you do you can easily outskill people with higher playtime than you.

As the other anon said, tactics (how do I win this fight?), strategy (should I be in this fight in the first place?), positioning and awareness are very important. Probably best to start with the latter first, since it's hard to make good decisions without knowing what's going on. Here's a hint: literally every sound you can hear in the game originates from something on the map. Some of it isn't too useful or even misleading like the idle horse noise which is easy to mistake for a horse trigger, but being able to distinguish all those sounds gives you a lot of power to make decisions. Also keep in mind that the "obtrusive" sounds like buildings creaking/banish sound etc. affect you as much as the enemy. As the other anon said it's hard to give general advice, but start thinking "what's the worst thing an enemy could do to me right now?" in as many situations as you can (including just traveling between compounds). Start thinking about ways to counter that, or even better try finding situations with the least bad stuff and try to avoid any other situations, and vice versa try doing to the enemy what you don't want them doing to you. Also: take initiative, be mobile and don't just get into drawn out peaking matches or even worse bush hiding contests.
>>
>>213357
That is a really stupid fix dont you think my man

Hunt is good but not the only game. Certainly not THAT good

Why the fuck hasn't Crytek unfucked that shit today? jesus
>>
>>213878
>It is somewhat dead during burger hours, or at least compared to EU times
Is it feasible to play on EU servers as a burger or is the lag too bad
>>
>>214187
>>214164
I'll keep plugging away for a little while but it's difficult to asses what went wrong beyond "he stood there, I stood here" when there is very little information provided about what's happening in the game even after death.
>>
>>214257
>when there is very little information provided about what's happening in the game
As said, you can actually hear a lot. If you and your enemies are in the same compound, you can practically hear everything they do unless they are only crouchwalking. And even crouchwalking is not completely silent and can be heard if you're close enough. Unless your enemy is already in a prepared ambush, there should always be a way for you to spot them first by sound unless you are causing a racket yourself. Half the battle is getting the jump on your enemy so

>he stood there, I stood here
is probably too late to start analyzing and you're probably still not picking up on a lot of the info the game is giving you (and understandably lacking knowledge about the map and what weapons are best for what). You make it sound like it was a pretty symmetrical situation. Is that really true (think about the terrain, cover near you/him, how easy is it for either of you to disengage/flank the other, and of course guns once you know what each one is good at)? If so, you should think about how you could have shot him first, how to not be where he expects you or how you could have maneuvered so your loadout would have beaten his (e.g. getting super close without giving him a line of fire if you have a shotgun, keeping distance with long ammo, and generally trying to outflank his cover while still being in cover yourself). Ideally, you never want to be in a situation where you and he have equal footing (he stands behind that corner, you stand behind this corner and just keep trading shots rolling for the headshot). Always try to gain an advantage (leave your corner, then take a long way around his side behind a building so he has no corner to hide behind, while still finding cover for yourself). Never just start mindlessly pelting at the enemy just because you see them and/or they're firing at you, first think if you have an advantage in your current position. If not, reposition.
>>
>>214196
Back when the game was averaging like 2000 players at peak hours I always used to queue US east from EU because I would play in the middle of the night when all normal people here were asleep. It's extremely playable, I get like 90-120 ping, though your mileage may vary since I live in one of the westernmost points in the EU. It's not even dead during burger hours, just doesn't reach the same peaks.
>>
>be solo
>get to boss being banished
>bash down a door with memelance on north side of reynard
>stick a shot, explode a guy
>move round to the gate
>see guy run into corner
>drop a shot near his feet
>he runs towards me
>nothinpersonell.zip
>collect bounty
>see he got his mate up
>dip at mach speed
>extract

i might just be coverted to the lance 2bh
>>
File: shmacked.webm (1.62 MB, 960x540)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB WEBM
>>214439
Lance is unironically situationally really good with a pax/uppercut if you have teammates to back you up. You can kill bosses really quickly and just wait in the lair to smack anyone dumb enough to run in.
>I'M NOT TRAPPED IN HERE WITH YOU
>>
Crossbow Chad's ww@
>>
>>214548
Ive been thinking about getting into crossbows on my next prestige. How "necessary" are the traits? And how viable is the hand crossbow, think that + Precision is good enough for a fun time, or should I only use it for farming weapon XP to unlock the big one?
>>
>>214684
Bolt Seer is eh, Bolt Thrower is decent but I wouldn't say it's necessary
If you have 4 points on a crossbow character then yeah pick it up but honestly if you're relying on a crossbow reload to save your ass you might have fucked up the engagement
>>
Any point going prestige?
>>
>>214868
skins and e-peen
>>
>Game has been increasing in popularity for a while now
>Quite frequent threads on /v/
>Every single on of them has the same autist that keeps crying about how it's a BR and not a co-op/singleplayer l4d clone

Anyone else come across this faggot? He posts the exact same thing every thread and keeps accusing anyone who likes the game of being a samefag. What drives a person to hate a game that he's never played, just how hard did he get filtered?
>>
>>214957
He's retarded but so are you for caring about random /v/ autism drama, engaging with it, and bringing it over here.
>>
>>214959
I try not to give him any (you)s after I began to recognize him, there's a few other people that keep shitflinging with him. You're right though, I don't know why I still browse that board when there's maybe 1 good thread in 100.
>>
>>200744
you sound australian

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.