[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mhau norf.png (66 KB, 956x623)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>new patch full of shit nobody asked for
>crush is retarded
>more news at 11
>>
>>184342
>horse nerf
>no one asked for
>>
>>184385
>everything else nerf
>>
>>184385
>people ask for horse nerfs for months
>horses get a nerf that isnt even fucking noticable because only retards kept the lance couched all the time
>and the couched lance wasnt even the problem
>nobody asked for build nerfs
>the main feature of the patch is a huge change to engineers, completely gutting them
yes, it is full of shit nobody asked for
>>
>>184475
nah 1h and exe got nerfed so it was well worth the wait
>>
>>184488
executioner sword nerf is that they walk 5% slower. Yeah, well worth the wait
>>
>>184385
How so?
>>
>>184513
the actual debuff their acceleration is slower so playing rat with exe is now less viable
>>
Is the animation for taking out the Warhammer new? It looks like it levitates into your hand, retarded but it's growing on me
>>
>go to college
>ping is decent enough
>come home
>70 ping minimum
reeeeee
>>
>>184488
Who the fuck even uses exe
Shitter meta has been maul for ages and now its baxe for people with even a modicum of skill.
The only people who hate exes are naked maulfags, you're not a naked maulfag are you?
>>
new walls are better, easier to hold a chokepoint when you can actively prevent somebody from attacking your wall.
>>
Stop nerfing horses. Just remove them from the fucking game because this "nerf" didnt do shit
>>
Been eyeballing this game for a while. Did I miss the bandwagon/are there servers still populated? Is this game even fun?
>>
>>184729
Wireless vs wired connection maybe? Or you have a shitty router at home.
>>
>>184901
It's that I've got a shittier router and I'm even farther from the servers.
>>
File: Ladder Trap 3.webm (2.95 MB, 960x540)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
This also works with the ladder on the second objective in castello, the one right next to the torches and that leads to the second floor of the building with all the books to burn
>>
also this held off loads of people. shame the commander refused to use it and instead died in the last 20 seconds. New walls are good. Still wish the old walls were in as an option for protection from archers
>>184900
The servers are still populated in the US and EU. Dont know about asian servers. You can find a full server at most times, although there is one or two hours in the middle of the night where it is dead (US servers at least)
I think its fun but I bought it at release and learned the game while most people were learning it too. Buying now you will run into lots of people who completely destroy you in a few seconds at first. Although there was just a sale so large amounts of new blood joined recently
>>
>>184952
>>
>>184900
Its 1:30 AM NA my time and there were 2 full servers, and 5 more half-full servers and a couple more deadish servers in NA
That's just Frontline tho idk about other gamemodes.
>>
>>184385
>>no one asked for
shitters are always begging for horse nerfs
>>
File: 1262274549463.jpg (785 KB, 1280x1024)
785 KB
785 KB JPG
Just uninstalled, see ya next patchie my kniggas hopefully they unfuck some shit and don't nerf dumb shit like engi walls some more.
>>
>>184952
Thanks
>>
File: 1444973301517.png (61 KB, 323x327)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>get 3 headshots across the entire map
>shadowplay decides to stop working
>>
>>185232
i did the same except with hacks and i recorded it
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (230 KB, 890x1600)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
heh
>>
>>184342
anyone knows how to fix the "Console on C" Bug? Its annoying as hell
>>
>>185747
i got that issue too, and i can see others have it in the support channel, im going to ask in the private feedback channel and report back
>>
>>185747
>>185758
or just do this
>>
>>185758
>>185759
I will give it a try. Thanks for the fix
>>
Did they buff noble's health gain or something? They kept getting a ton of their health back.
>>
>>186625
yes, 4hp per kill. Most attacks dont even do 4 damage on a noble with armor
>>
https://youtu.be/V378fStZyi8
>no US servers
its not fair
>>
>>186657
despite there not being an official sdk modders still do shit like this
impressive
>>
>>186657
There is currently a central server up for now as I type this with 17 players. Just search the mod name, mode is deathmatch.
>>
>>186908
Oh nice
>ping is still just as high as the euro server
rip
>>
>We're evaluating some changes to nobles. Current idea is to keep HP on kill, reduce base HP, and eliminate some cheese in the weapons they have, and some combat mechanics. Overall goal is to make noble players rewarded for being more aggressive and fighting.
nobles about to be gutted

> had a meeting with our lovely moderators as well. Some cool new tools coming to help keep things clean, and also some features hopefully soon™ that make it more apparent when moderation is actually taking place. A lot of times a moderator will mute/kick/ban someone from a match, but most people have no idea - it just says "player has left the server", or they mysteriously stop talking. Little things like this as well as some good tools are coming, and I hope they help make Mordhau a friendlier environment!
more soi features coming
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.97 MB, 2131x1104)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>heres your new frontline/invasion map bro
bravo. truly the best map makers on the planet
>>
>>188243
Oh boy i am hyped for the last ones because it will mean that the tranny mods will get shat on so hard when a "(User) has been kicked for being toxic and problematic" appears in chat.
Hard enough for them (masculine) to kill themselves hopefully.
>>
>ping fucks itself randomly
reeeee
>>
Running around with dwarf perk and just fucking around is fun enemy team usually ignores you if you dont attack first
>>
>>188320
why does this game have inconsistent stability across all servers
its blatantly clear that whatever the fuck servers the devs rented are pure raw dogshit for basic 1v1s and FLs but im talking about community hosted servers
theres no real reason why they too suffer from the same problems
some are actually worse in degrees than others but they all have ping spikes, high packet loss, stuttering and dcs
is there something wrong with the backend causing this?
>>
>>188288
>entire server of 40 people end up getting kicked for collectively shitting on whatever mod is currently playing for being a thin skinned pussy
>playercount dwindles dramatically
The end times are coming and i'm excited to see the dev blog post months later of "We have no idea where the players went"
>>
>>188243
>>188288
>>188375
all the nu mods are fags but this is mordhau the entire comp scene is racist, mods wont do shit outside of heavy griefing and saying nigger or faggot
>>
>>188394
I still dont understand why they go through all the trouble of adding block and mute functions to the game and then just go "lol nevermind don't use those we'll ban the meany words manually"
>>
File: file.png (427 KB, 661x764)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
Pro Tip:
The only things that have resulted in bans so far is "Nigger" and RECORDED instances of mass-teamkilling, destroying team structures or similar.
As long as nobody tattles, you will not get muted.

Furthermore, the rules only apply on the Official servers, which means you can say Nigger all you want on community servers.
as >>188375 said, the competitive scene doesn't give a shit.

>>188399
added as an afterthough because of articles like pic related.

Same with the moderators, that have only been appointed because some vocal retards wouldn't shut up about how "mordhau needs censorship teams controlling players"
As is the nature of internet moderators, they almost exclusively hang out in their discord talking about HRT and surgery, handing out bans to people in the report channel.
Once every blue moon they join a game, get bombarded with teamkills and racial slurs resulting in 100's (has left the game) and an empty server.
thinking >>188243 will give ban messages and a muted sign next to your username. That is going to be absolutely hilarious, making more people aware of how petty and laughable the moderators are.
>>
>>184513
>>184642
I actually don't get what the nerf is. Is the weapon slower or is the player themselves slower regardless of what armor they wear? Or is it both?
>>
>>185243
Can you faggots stop aimbotting in a fucking melee game? It's so fucking obvious even on ballista
>>
>>186657
A tweaked Mordhau would make an excellent MMO. I hope someone steals the source code from these shitty devs and makes one.
>>
>>188429
>The only things that have resulted in bans so far is "Nigger" and RECORDED instances of mass-teamkilling
So the shit people already get kicked for? Cool.
>>
>>188510
Mordhau combat would never work for an MMO due to lag and all that sort of shit
>>
File: 1607191321848.jpg (309 KB, 1728x1296)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
What do you guys think about messer? Started using it more the last couple of days. It's nice to have instant accels and underhand drags for free along with some pretty funky looking morphs.
>>
>>188560
I don't know why the servers are shit and I guess it's because the devs don't want to buy expensive servers, but the fact people can get 20-30 ping on the 80 player servers means it's possible to have a smooth experience with a high player count in this game. Add in magic and anti-pro mechanics like abilities that allow you to auto parry for a small period etc. and so long as the average person can still have ~60-80 ping it will be fun.
>>
New dev hired, he is an animator.
they did not have a dedicated animator on their dev team until now if you didnt already know
>>
>>188617
1h is still broken as shit, just spam horizontal right sided jpgs
great devs
>>
>>188507
having the exe equipped in your hands means your instant acceleration when you try to move around be slower, so your footwork feels a lot more sluggish
>>
>>188621
>auto parry for a small period
like the held shield then?
>>
>>188687
even better, if you parry two attacks manually or if you parry one attack and another enters the parry box less than like 75 ms after, you actually GAIN stamina
>>
File: coolguy.gif (1.6 MB, 500x485)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>188654
FUCKING FINALLY
SUCK IT CRUSH, GET SHITCANNED YOU ABSOLUTE MONGREL
>>
can we please fucking just globally nerf all slash damage weapon from 2 shotting t3
there is no goddamn fucking good reason why t3 is so weak, im fine with hammers and blunt weapons being capable of doing it as a balance point but why in the world is exec/bardiche/waraxe/zwei allowed free reign to completely cheese full t3
stuff like halberd alt is fair because theres sone actual goddamn downsides to getting more damage while bardiche has absolutely no reason to swap to alt since its inferior to main mode because you get the 2 shot power still, full 500ms release and combo
>>
>>188838
bardiche alt has bullshit range and can 1 shot legs
>>
>>188843
the tradeoff for it isnt all that great, plus it can only 1 shot t1 legs or lower which really is irrelevant
itd be fine if your in some 5v5 or Fl/inv pug but anything smaller than that the downsides become more pronounced
>>
does the buckler have a large parrybox
>>
>>184475
>completely gutting them
I asked for that, though they only met me halfway because I'd rather engineers just be fucking removed.
Fuck engineers.
>>
All triternion needs is some good maps without all that "decoration" nonsense . Nobody wants to walk 30 seconds to an objective anyways and they could put out maps faster too
>>
>>189373
I just want a map that feels like it was designed to be a video game map instead of a medieval diorama.
>>
How much should an anti-projectile damage perk cost? Makes all projectiles do less damage to you.
>>
>>189507
12 points
>>
>>189507
already exists and is18 points, wear a fucking t3 chest and head
>>
>>189507
pavise
>>
What the fuck happened to funland? Can't find a server anywhere.
>>
They need to delete bloodlust already. Most tryhards can be beaten and still be having fun, but with bloodlustfags I have to tryhard to beat them, and then I'm not having fun anymore.
>>
>>189796
Bloodlust does not change how you 1v1 someone at all, just kill them.
You only hate it because you can't poke someone for the finisher in frontlines.
>>
>>189796
here is how to kill bloodlust in large modes
>stand back and watch him kill 10 of your teammates
>once they are dead you can kill him without worrying about retarded teammates fucking things up
>>
>>189862
>Bloodlust does not change how you 1v1 someone at all, just kill them.
Yeah duh, but you fight people as groups in invasion/frontline. I don't like that I have to start going out of my way to target them for 1v1 fights to keep them from mowing through my teammates.
>>
The horse nerf didn't really make them any weaker, it just makes them not fun to use

People who bitch about horses and horsefags are autistic beta cucks. They see it at losing an unfair 1v1 instead of being dispassionately mowed down like the unmounted peasant trash that they are.
>>
>>189862
Throwing axes. Unless they're the 3/3/3 pickup zwei from ground bloodlusters in which case you're fucked
>>
>he doesn't exclusively use javelins
Having a short spear in one slot is acceptable but I get to laugh at you behind your back.
>>
i think im finally getting better at this game
>>
how can i make the game sharper?
every setting i try makes it look blurry
fucking hate UE4
>>
>>191861
r.tonemapper.sharpen
i forget which header youd put it under if you wanted to set it by ini file tho sorry
>>
builders fucking suck. If the other team has 2-3 builders you're fucking boned because your team WILL NOT collaborate. Even if I try to go builder and fire ballista their shit down no one backs me up. Fuck this game, yes I'm mad
>>
>>192145
builders are fine, that is a problem with your team. If more than one person makes the decision to counter builders, then the builders are completely fucked. The only problem people have with builders is that they want to be able to counter them with literally fucking anything, they cant fathom having the change to a different class
>>
>>192158

the buy-in for builders on defense is much much lower than the buy-in for people on attack who can go destroy it. some people just fucking bash their head against the wall over and over and it I is infuriating. I just want a good, large-scale team mode with only melee
>>
>>192160
Start a mordhau larp clan then.
No really, do it I'd join.
>>
>>192176

i just might. could push those SPQR cosplayer's shit in lol
>>
>>192160
>the buy-in for builders on defense is much much lower than the buy-in for people on attack who can go destroy it
Builders need a toolbox, hammer, smith, fireproof, and a smokebomb. They wont have enough points for armor. They can ditch smokebombs and perks and get a tiny bit of armor + heavy handaxe, and they are still just lightly armored with a short weapon.

All you need to counter them is more than one person with battleaxe/waraxe with wrecker, which is viable enough to be a normal armored fighting build. Firebombs make it even easier, and you can still get in the fight normally.
>>
>nerf firebombs
>nerf firebombs again
>engineers are too OP now
>nerf toolbox massively
>engineers are shit now
>nerf firebomb
>engineers are still shit
>nobody uses firebomb anymore
Fucking retard devs
>>
>>192190

Light armor is the meta pal, get with the times.

And firebombs don't work as well anymore, they got nerfed again in the patch
>>
>>192198
They are focusing on the important things in the game, like improved safety features and moderator options to remove toxic players. Dont want to see a bad word now do you?
>>
Is Poleaxe still shit? or can I Larpbringer again?
>>
>arguing about firebombs
>when the true meta for getting rid of ballista, catapults, and engineers has been untouched and still reigns king
>toolbox and bow, can set up anywhere at any angle you like without having to make a potty trip to a nearby resupply locker
>>
>>192269
this is true, recurve+firepot will destroy anything faster than an engineer can fix it.
>>
>>192225
poleaxe has been the most OP its ever been
axe mode has retard mode accels and the hammer mode has ridiculous mixup aggro with the floaty hammer head and movement cripple on hit
>>
File: 1597158133524.jpg (89 KB, 949x538)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Speaking of shit no one asked for, voiced player character for FO4. All the Bethesda games I've played over the years, not once have I seen people on the various forums in a "what this game needs is" thread mention a voiced PC.
>>
>low pop server
>defenders are still doing bullshit loadouts
I seethe
>>
>>192300
every pole animation is floaty as fuck
>>
File: 1608064182905.webm (2.74 MB, 1280x720)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB WEBM
>>192324
>pole animation
kek
>>
>>192315
I hate it when there's less than 5 people on each team and they still feel the need to 5v1. Especially if it's to a low level
>>
Rapier nobles are complete and utter dogshit now
>can be flinched out of attacks
>rapier is as slow as the normal rapier
>>
>>193104

good
>>
do noobs still play this game? or am i gonna get shitstomped by 2k hour virgins?
>>
>>193238
some noobs but yeah you'll mostly just get shit on for a long time
>>
>>193238
Try 3K+ hours. There was an influx of new players recently and I expect more coming this winter sale. A lot of newer players gravitate towards the core game modes and most of the duelers stick to their servers.
>>
>>193245
>>193260
fuck it I'm usually above average in vidya ill give it a go
anything you'd recommend to a beginner? i come from fighting games if this game has any overlap
>>
>>193264
dont fall for feints
>>
>>193264
I recommend fucking around against a single bot in a local match just to get down the basics i.e. parrying, chambering, feinting. Greatsword, Longsword and Executioner are great at both low level and high level. You will die a lot but there's a lot of mind games, animation mix-ups and decently interesting swing manipulations you can perform to out-duel your opponents. Have fun.
>>
>>193264
no amount of hard reading will save you if you dont master footwork, it's physically impossible to tell a drag from an accel apart the way pros do it so you need to create as much distance as possible in order to be able to actually see what kind of swing it is
>>
>>193264
What the other anon said about footwork. Letting yourself get surrounded, or letting the enemy get close when your weapon is longer/rushing toward an enemy with a longer weapon, stuff like that will get you killed even if you otherwise get good.
>>
how long before engineers get another nerf, people still would rather cry about how OP engineers instead of equipping a firebomb
>>
>>194163
>several people setting up a shoddy defense
>waah engineer too overpowered
>>
>>194163
firebombs radius was just reduced, all people need to do is stop having such terrible janny instincts and just make a way
>>
I want to like this game. I really do. I only have around 60 hours in the game, so I won’t anger those and complain about gameplay features (the skill floor feels incredibly high for a modern game, especially since part of the “skill” is using crazy mouse movements to contort your character).

What is completely unacceptable is the rampant toxicity and racism that is tolerated.

People being racist and offensive for the sake of it has no place in official servers. Real life threats against people do not have a place in official servers. Having known team killers across the entire game is not acceptable.

The funniest part to me is that as soon as the screaming racists get insulted by “snowflakes” they’ll go on a rage team killing until they are kicked.

The core of the game is nearly addictive, even when I’m getting stomped. But I’ll never recommend this game to a friend, and as soon as a less toxic game with a similar level of polish is out I will likely jump ship.
>>
>>194177
>Having known team killers across the entire game is not acceptable.
I know this is reddit post but, what?
Do they want anyone who has teamkilled to be VAC banned or something?
>>
>>194183
its the same ""people"" that think getting gamebanned for chat as if you were using hacks is acceptable and make wojak edits
>>
>>194177
I know this is someone else's post but
>not expecting mass shit talking in a tryhard game
>>
>>193264
If you're a fighting game player, this game has duel servers that you can just grind 1v1 all day against people that are better than you.

Honestly the skill ceiling is high, but if have any talent at all you can get to be competitive against the average vet in a couple weeks easily, or less if you play a lot. Not everyone with high hours played actually was productive in their learning or practice.

Don't expect fighting game level depth though.
>>
>>194177
>especially since part of the “skill” is using crazy mouse movements to contort your character
Why do retards continue to parrot this like this is Chivalry? Movement smoothing has basically eliminated all the twitchy bullshit and inputs are more readable now than they've ever been.
>>
>>194419
Even without twitchy movements there's still stuff you can pull off that's very weird looking, but the truth is all of it involves swinging for the toes or doing a long mixup, which means you can just jump it, out-accel it, or literally just fucking stay farther away from the enemy to beat it.
>>
>>194419
Still too much shit that looks retarded. Overhead thrust morph into a downward Accel looks fucked with most swords
>>
>crossroads noble got 141 kills
when are these niggers getting nerfed, 4hp per kill is retarded when the majority of weapons do 4hp per hit to a noble
>>
>>194754
does the crossroads noble need to do anything other than lmb? feels like there's no counter play
>>
>>194786
He need to remember he can use the infinitely respawning healing food in the tower.
He also needs to remember to keep the carts in between himself and the ballistas in the second half of the map
>>
>>194564
skinny blades are underpowered if anything
polearms and fat blades hit early and polearms just dont have recognizable animations besides will it instantly teleport across my body or not
>>
>>194817
what's considered a fat blade? all i can think of is the exec
>>
>>194824
exec messer falchion falx
>>
What mode do you guys usually play? I'm pretty much always playing FL/Inv, occasionally brawl or horde. I prefer the chaos, random player interactions, 1vX, and not having to worry about KD or anything
>>
File: 1606950704497.jpg (67 KB, 640x640)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>194840
almost exclusively duel servers unless some friends are playing then we hop in invasion/frontline. not a fan of the brawl playlist but horde is pretty fun.
>>
>>188510
for a great rpg IMO
>>
>>194840
comp skm and na pugs
>>
File: 1596412186375.jpg (11 KB, 170x255)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Did feitoria get removed from skirmish?
What the fuck does triternion have against open skrims, its the setting where every skill and loadout shines
>>
>>194899
Environment plays too big of a role. They are retard niggers who are chasing a non-existant competitive scene, which is why they keep shitting out flat circle maps over and over
>>
>>194840
Invasion with brawl to warm up sometimes
>>
>>194840
Skirmish
sometimes compcuckery
>>
>>194840
always invasion, rarely frontlines.
>>
>crossroads invasion
>play as attackers
>get recurve+toolbox
>go wild on the objective
>highest score in the match just from shooting fire arrows
>switch teams the second the obective is complete
>get to play as noble
feels good
>>
File: birdTried.jpg (50 KB, 747x539)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Any fellow bard mains here?
>>
Got this game on day one. I saw the "toxicity" this game had. It didn't even have a way to properly shut "toxic" players up. It did have and still has something call motivational mute. The fucktards that want the mods to kick or mute the "toxic" players are too fucking smooth brained to actually use it.(funny enough I saw the unfiltered chat as like a second 4chan, or a mw2 lobby it was funny and entertaining) but no, retards get triggered and have to respond to trolls and then demand that devs do something about when a mute button is there for that exact reason.

Mods in this game are just straight up gay and dumb you play a game with or against them and the battle will usually go in there teams favor(atleast in my experience), why? Because they use every god damn trick in the book and exploit in the game to not die. It goes to show how broken the combat mechanics truly are once you get to know them.

For example: One exploit is to click to start an attack(any attack) wait till the it get about half way through it's animation then click attack again,you'll gain the ability to insta block mid attack. If you fight most of those high level duelers and attack them just after they swug they will block it. If you have seen those guys that seem to literally block every attack on front line this is what they use. I have never seen it untill months after the game came out.

The skill celling is "high" but you will run into a massive road block that pretty much is now the high end of the competition sean. That is the shity animation abuse that happens and Accel and drag abuse that you can pull off because of it, oh and if the other player has better ping that you do. GOOD FUCKING LUCK trying to block and insta Accel or a drag. Because lowest=best player (depending on the players skill level)

I write this with a fit of rage and see how amazing this game is and could become if the devs haven't listened to the smooth brains of this game.
>>
File: 1606768959799.jpg (47 KB, 680x680)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>195512
>For example: One exploit is to click to start an attack(any attack) wait till the it get about half way through it's animation then click attack again,you'll gain the ability to insta block mid attack.
I can't tell if you're trying to describe a chamber or just a normal ass feint parry
>>
>>195513
hes mad at combo ftp
>>
>>195512
so what happened to the idea that /v/ is supposed to be good at video games?
>>
>>195515
That shit is dumb and removes the ability to actually punish someone who either missed there attack or punish them for committing too much to an attack. It allows them to "backout" of an attack if they see it won't connect fast enough.
>>
>>195522
you win a stamina advantage on them, also if you know they will cftp you can just feint them and punish
>>
Why do the players that do the gayest animation shit all have shit defense? It can be hard to defend against them but if I manage it and get to do even a bit of my own fuckery they die consistently.
>>
>>195526
they are just used to stomping noobs who fall for their shit in frontline, they never bothered to learn how to defend against anything besides basic swing manipulation.
love watching somebody walk up to me twisting and feinting, just standing there not doing anything, and then kick into stab when they get close. Then they do it again and i kick into stab them again. They need to facehug to make their bullshit work, so they constantly go for the facehug and kicks are pretty much guaranteed
>>
>>195526
Offense is easier and more fun to practice and also gets good results early on. You're just encountering noobs that learned the offensive tricks but never practiced anything else. It works out for them as long as they start attacking first and kill the enemy before they're able to retaliate, which is easy against the average shitter on public servers.
>>
File: 1607537681162.png (842 KB, 671x1049)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
>tfw both you and your opponents buffer until you're out of stamina
>>
>>195847
just do a wiggly accel
>>
puu.
sh/H0Yur/42cd370dbb.mp4

dont tell EU about this
>>
>>194840
in my 400 hours it's been almost entirely frontline+duels. Some invasion occasionally, 3v3s are fun for a while [you reach the accel abuser ranks], and I actually really like the 8v8 mode but no one plays it
>>
>>195963
eu already does swing manip much crazier than this
also this contrived example can be countered just by throwing an attack to their blind spot
>>
>>195963
thats baby tier
>>
firebombs ruin my structures whenever i place them, i've never seen firebombs ever be used useful, this shit item should've never been inplemented
>>
>>196230
nice filename, go back
>>
>>194840
Invasion all day
>>
File: 1607670641244.jpg (218 KB, 859x960)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>play on TV
>3 meter distance
>use wireless mouse/keyboard
>PC is connected to wifi
>play on EU server despite ping is around 190ms
yep, mordhau time.
>>
What's the most fun way to play if you suck at this game? How can I help the team more than just spamming firepots?
>>
>>196330
learning to mind game and fuck with peoples rhythm using a 1 handed weapon is not hard, very fun to see them crumble
>>
>>196330
spear can be pretty useful thanks to the range in group fights. I like to take fury+acrobat with spear, and stand behind teammates. Then I jump and stab over them to hit enemies when they cant see it coming. If you suck at the game you really need to pay attention to how many people are around though. The second it looks like you are going to be outnumbered or your group starts dying off, run away to find another group of teammates.
>>
>>196330
Literally run behind enemies that are in a fight. You don't even have to attack just keep a shield up or feint at them if they turn to look at you.
In fact attacking is counterproductive because they can chamber/parry you and kill your teammate if they're an actual good player.

The simple act of being behind the enemy even if you aren't actively attacking fucks with them so much that they will almost always lose.
>>
>>196330
med packs all day. HHaxe so you can repair shit and play the objective. Med packs everywhere.
>>
File: 1608587987950.png (234 KB, 750x599)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>flourish
>guy opens with morph feint into another feint
>total disregard for my buffers
>hits me
>morph feints
>think to myself theres no fucking way he's going to feint again
>feints again
>crack

i don't think low level players realize how well their shenanigans work sometimes. it is jarring as shit to go from dueling lv 1000 man with 3500 hours on GS to lv 30 goon who just tries goofy stuff
>>
>somebody moves to facehug me
>kick
>he comes to facehug me again
>kick
>he is coming again, surely THIS TIME he will try and bait the kick out of me
>he just keeps running at me
>still kick him anyways since he went for a feint
>>
Just bought it, I hope it's fun.
>>
>duel
>see a plume with greatsword
>equip acrobat
>always go for overhead chambers and jump
>works 100% of the time
>duel
>see t3 evenigger build
>equip legs and warhammer
>literally kick their shit
seeing some retard completely break down because his braindead accel-footdrag loop doesnt work is hilarious
>>
>>196330
Engineer, simple as.

Just place 6 spikes or walls to block enemy and grab supplies and build a ballista and grab supplies again for fire. Have a smoke bomb in your layout to counter fire bombs. Ez.
>>
>>196681
It's definitely fun but it's hilarious that everyone's attacks look like they are fucking drunk as shit.
>>
>>196249
>use a controller
>>
File: bird hunting.webm (2.64 MB, 640x360)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB WEBM
>>196335
>>196350
>>196355
>>196572
>>196744
Thanks for the suggestions, lads
>>
>be my bowchad class
>some new player runs up to me thinking he found an even newer player to kill
>tell him No and spam the emote where i shake my finger at him
>he still just keeps holding W and left clicking at me
>keep doing the emote and saying No instead of doing ripostes
>eventually just kill him
>he instantly quits
i gave him a chance
>>
So what exactly are the mechanics for people being able to turn around so quickly while attacking or parrying? Whenever I attack my turn speed basically drops to nothing.
>>
>>197074
Depends on their weapon and if they're actually attacking or not. Going full ham on an "accel" you can still cleave like a good 270 degree arc on zweihander
>>
>>197074
those are bound to a stat called turncap, you can check on the weapons stats page
the lower the turncap the more you feel like a brick during attacking, weapons with 325 turncap means you can do full retard spinning

it's an intended mechanic to be able to basically 180 on all weapons with a riposte to encourage target switching in 1vX

theres also a standardized turncap for all weapons when you parry, try it out right now by parrying and noticing how slow you're aiming compared to not doing any action
>>
>>197123
>>197238
I see, I guess I'll just have to keep experimenting until I can pull stuff like that off reliably.
>>
File: My Pleb.png (650 KB, 457x903)
650 KB
650 KB PNG
Anyone wanna post characters?
>>
File: 20201228171253_1.jpg (596 KB, 3840x2160)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>197299
sure
>>
>>197311
WIDE
>>
this mod is fun
fuck you
>>
File: doc.png (539 KB, 503x887)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>197299
>>
File: file.png (1.56 MB, 1221x1860)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>197299
>>
File: clash6.webm (2.74 MB, 986x554)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB WEBM
>>197347
it is fun and it's a godamn shame there are still no official modtools released yet
the devs need move on from nitpicking balance and just pump out an official sdk so the community can build better maps and whatnot
>>
How do I deal with pole weapon users? Do I just try to get right up on them?
>>
File: SW Kick.webm (2.97 MB, 960x540)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>
>>197602
only reasonable way to deal with them is chamber-feint-to-parry dangerous accels and counter footwork

dont bother trying to parry their hands it wont work
>>
>>197571
how do you play as giant bro? my swing is godawfully slow
>>
File: Larry.jpg (139 KB, 1600x900)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>unlocks are Merc specific
>>
>>197685
they are not
>>
>>196330
pick shit up off the ground and lob it at the enemy
>>
>>197698
Oh I guess I'm retarded then.
>>
>>197669
thats the intended downside of tank, dogshit turncaps means less effective drags and accels
>>
>>194828
Those do not hit early STFU, even before the nerf Exec accels were always obvious but people are not used to noobs acceling with it.
Polearms however do hit incredibly early and need a hitbox nerf on their swings. They should have a fast stab buff with only Bardiche and Poleaxe having slightly good swing damage. Why the fuck would polearms be the best slashing weapons in the game, makes no fucking sense. Especially Polehammer, that shit pisses me off when the stick of the weapon is its hitbox and you take 70 stick in the face damage from getting hit by a close accel.
>>
>>197857
tank + exec + 6/9/9 is kino
>>
>>197983
getting hit by the shaft should deal less damage, around that of the quarterstaff maybe.
Would fix most issues with their balance.
>>
>>198036
This I dont know why it's still an issue when range is literally a binary factor in this game and more range = better always
>>
>>198036
sweetspotting weapons would make this game largely more inconsistent and coin-flippy than it already is
>>
>>198047
it would introduce more depth to fights and let pole weapons keep being overpowered without having to nerf them into uselessness or reworking them to be liquid shit
>>
File: 20201002184622_1.jpg (78 KB, 585x889)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Is it worth installing again?
>>
>>198048
trust me that "depth" is just even more room for inconsistencies and confusion
you will have more of morons posting a clip asking why they died so quickly to be told "you were sweetspotted by the very inner tip of the polearm in the very back of your head tee hee edge case"
>>
>>198055
Too bad i dont give a shit about morons or retards like you.
You probably wonder why your arrows missed too without realizing they have travel time.
>>
>>198036
they need to flat out remove the pole part causing tracer damage but still be parriable so it basically always acts like early release where the weapon will simply phase through

no if or buts, theres no reason to make it more random
polearms will still be bullshit OP but at least not theres a consistent way to fucking parry them
>>
>>198019
exec + dodge is kino
>>
>>198064
ur pissed
>>
>>198229
u mad
>>
File: file.png (115 KB, 1819x1327)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
if you're lagger like me, install Mordhau DS and clumsy lag switch. Here's how you can practice against lag.
You can add bots via console once logged as admin via console
>>
>>198451
the only way to fix mordhau's shitty netcode is exitlag
>>
>>198535
nah it only works for routing issue. Also if you want to play on EU server
>>
Do you have any Dodge builds? I tried doing a rapier + Dodge build but I'm so bad at this game I don't know how to evaluate it. Just dodging backwards and then stabbing after they whiff.
>>
>>198816
wht do some servers just automatically hand you 30+ms of free delay while hf of the other people get sub 20 ping
i see it on dans and rubys were most people get 44 ping and a couple people at the top of scoreblard have fucking 16 ping
yeah makes perfect sense
>>
>>198864
>Dodge builds
I played only with Dodge-builds since i was at 20 lvl, now im at 197 lvl earned 100% on Duel Servers or Ranked Duels (one single time i played 10 minutes of Frontline, even do not finish the match) so i have a huge exp in Dodge-using.
What can i say after all?

1)Dodge maked my non-perk footwork-dodging much worse. Big amount of high lvl duelists can do Dodge-alike stuff without Dodge-perk only with stamina-free camera\movement manipulations. I can do similar non-Dodge footwork but it really hard for me, and i make much more mistakes with it than a regular high-lvls do in such things. But if i will pay more attention to non-Dodge footwork - i will definately improve it. At the end it may be only my own personal issue.

2)improve in Dodge-perk-abuse is waaaaaay much easier then improve in regular footwork non-perk dodging. That helps a lot to newcomers, but do bad shit to your common footwork in perspective imho. Also Dodge is not preventing you to 100% control what enemy doing right now, when regular non-perk camera\foot dodging in most cases forces you to turn around and lose sight-control of enemy actions for a moment. I often use this to force non-perk dodgers to panic block by morphing of feinting after they turn around and lose vision of me
>>
>>198872
3)Dodge is expensive. It means that if u as me do not like to play builds that have no exuses to mistakes (light oneshot builds) your weapon-pool will be very short: only 4pts or 5pts weapons (old pts system): falcion(even 3 pts but it is very good), bastard, longsword, billhook, messer. In case of 6pts weapons it is a pretty risky gameplay already cuz it forces u to have 2-3-2 or 3-3-1 armor-build. In case of 2-3-2 your earn a 2-shot "potential" with almost any weapon in game in case of headshot and one-shot "potential" with Polehammer. In case of 3-3-1 damage dealed to legs is ridiculous even with weak weapons so very widespreaded foot-drags become your nightmare if u a not a God of Jump-Dodging of that leg-drags. Any builds with tier-2 chest have a "nice bonus": 2-shot with big amount of popular weapons, so i do not even try it.
So builds i personnaly using: 3-3-3+bastard+dodge (my main build), 2-3-3+billhook+short sword+dodge (not 3-3-2 cuz billhook needs T3 legs to do that special billhook's combo stuff with kicks), 3-3-2+longsword+short sword+dodge

4)Dodge is a complete counterpick against maul with only exception: fully or almost fully naked guy with jammed W-button.

5)Dodge is an actual feint-counter instrument. If you miss blocked to a feint and there is not a face-hugging distance between you - simply dodge back to be saved from missblock punishment.
>>
>>198874
6)Dodge-spamming is bad. Dodge must be used only in a right way, at a right place and and at right time or u will lose your stamina or "teach" your opponent how to counter it straight during single fight.
7)Dodge is a viable instrument in case of disarm. Dodging back fast to force opponent to miss in combo after disarm will grant your a moment to take your second weapon or to start a fist attack (feint it and do a damage or even kill depends of opponent's HP). But my favorite trick is to dodge and run to my weapon like a madman. My opponents think that im a complete idiot and simply starts their attack to hit my back, but suddenly i turn back and do a kick right to opponents windup :D almost nobody reacts to this :D actions after a kick depends of HP of enemy: i make a fist attack with feint if HP is low to finish him, or simply grab my dropped weapon without any problems while my enemy is under recovery after a kick.

8)Dodging an opponent combo attack after miss - super strong trick in stamina-war, aspecially against guys with heavy weapons like Evening star with huge stamina loses in miss.

9)Side-Dodge good against comitted straight overheads (as it said on video by author), and an awesome stuff if u have a fast\medium-speed weapon and able to mind-read a horizontal drag from opponent at close or medium distance: start attack and do a side-Dodge away from opponets weapon. It is a free hit for u cuz he will miss and will not be able to do a FtP cuz you will hit him while his weapon still in the end of release phase when doing a FtP is impossible. Doing this trick boosting your morale and lowering opponents morale cuz he think "omg he reads me like an open book and do whatever he wants" :D but this is hard to execute trick, definately not for beginers.
This trick also can be executed without Dodge. Simply chamber with a side-step away of weapon, but in this case it costs 15 stamina (Dodge costs 10) and after a chamber your opponent CAN BLOCK or CHAMBER
>>
>>198875
10)One of the most simple and scary trick with this perk: dodge enemys swing simultaniously with starting windup of your gamble attack, then just close the distance right after dodge, (timing - end of your windup window) forcing enemy to be scared of your windup forcing him to make a combo-FtP, but you do not execute your windupped attack, you do a morph or feint attack. Even very good players in this situation do a panic-block with FtP and catch a hit with morph or feint-attack. Very rarely you can meet a player who can execute proper 2-button combo FtP, but even sucha players can be tricked if i do a godly late morph right in last milisecond of windup.

11)spamming back-dodge is a viable tactic when u do 100 damage to a guy with Flesh Wound and do not want to give him any chance to hit u (when u at low HP, potential oneshot) cuz turning back and trying to run away will activate Chase-mechanic to your enemy, so he can easily reach you and finish off before time on Flesh Wound is over.

12)i have huge amount of duels with Dodge uses count = 0. Yeap, often you simply dont need it or there are no any proper right positions to worth use of it.

So...
definately not an imba, definately can be replaced in 70% of cases with regular non-perk footwork\camera dodge, but still is viable in many cases and needed to be trained A LOT with to be worth, and have a huge surprise potential even at high lvl duels if trained well. It definately needs to be cheaper to come in meta.
>>
Sweetspots were a thing in War of the Roses and that retained new players even worse than Mordhau because then new players couldn't even attack consistently. It would be one more thing thing the vets would figure out and shit on newbies. Also, you would need to balance around swords doing way less damage because they would have much bigger sweetspots and be OP otherwise.
>>
We need a server with slightly lower than normal gravity and tons of ramps and paths for bear trap skating. Also a parkour course.
>>
>>199091
Mordhau desperately needs surf maps.
>>
>>199041
I miss war of the roses. I was an archer main in that game too :^)
>>
>>199041
war of the roses was a great game, loved it
>>
>>199106
What did he honestly expect?
>>
File: deer bow hunting.webm (1.69 MB, 854x480)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB WEBM
>>199124
Probably something like this
>>
>>199127
>that expression
fucking lol
>>
>>199133
"you got me, you son of a bitch"
>>
>>199139
Linkara?
>>
>>198872
>>198874
>>198875
>>198877
Pretty good write up on dodge, cheers
>>
>>198865
I think that 30+ ms additional ping is your draw time overhead. Yes, ping also include your draw time, people with sub 20 ping has good hardware and they play next to the server.
>>
>>199208
i get sub 24 ping on 99% of servers, it's always these super big popular duel servers that dont function normally
what frustrates me is that all the big names play on this laggy ass shit servers
>>
>join low pop server
>enemy team is mostly sub level 50
>i do terrible because they are all so fucking retarded i have no idea what they are doing
>>
>>199702
just morph spam
>>
>>199702
I love seeing level 100+ seethe over MUH GAMBLING when they join frontlines.
It's so deeply satisfying in some way that these people are probably trying their hardest to do all sorts of mind games and footwork to try and bop some frontline newfag and it all goes to waste with a little w+m1 boi.
>>
why are stab drags a thing
this is so retarded
>>
FIX THE HIGH PINGS
>>
Sp**r users should be shot
>>
>>200234
just scroll up them bro
yes I do admit I keep getting btfo against spear
>>
File: 1607732191462.gif (1.86 MB, 300x164)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>its another Feitoria Nobles barricade themselves in the houses on invasion stage 3 and nobody on your team packs firebombs episode
getting tired of this rerun
>>
File: serveimage (2).jpg (136 KB, 604x295)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
how to play as tank in invasion/frontline? You can't run fast, so no hit and run. You're also big, attracting more enemies to gank up on you.
>>
roof of tavern > inside bell tower before rapier noble nerf > the house > fighting at the top of the stairs/bottom of bell tower > jumping off the docks and dying in the river > inside bell tower after the rapier noble nerf
>>
>>200251
>firebombs nerfed 3 times in a row
an axe and wrecker is a thousand times faster now
>>
>>184342
Love me greggs
>>
>finally get to be noble
DC
>>
>>200270
I have seen inside of tavern work a few times
>>
Why are all players w/ plumes such trash egotists?
>>
>have a swing manipulation thing I do
>wonder how fucky it looks
>make a demo with me performing it
>I'm an insta-acceler and I didn't even realize it
At least 1 time I hit the AI before their block animation even finished, despite them facing me.
>>
I fucking hate feitoria so much
>do super well during the first stage
>can't find anyone to fight in the second stage so I drop too low to be noble
>>
File: 1604941922072.jpg (53 KB, 403x403)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>201099
>get a twisted wrist riposte
>overhead and look down at the ground, nearly zero camera work
>lands every time
>>
>>201184
I thought they fixed twisties?
>>
>>201099
how to buff the AI difficulty? I want to be at least ok before playing duel.
>>
>>201630
Bots will just make you form bad habits, theres no reason not to just dive into duels to learn.
>>
>>201551
lol why would they
the only change they did a long time ago was jpeg stalls being slightly reduced
>>
>>201551
no not at all. give this a try, just gotta hit your riposte as neutral as you can.
>>
>close my eyes to sleep
>see a knight spinning in circles and repeatedly hitting me
help
>>
>>202178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA

unplug yourself from the chivalry matrix
>>
File: quickclash1.webm (2.39 MB, 986x554)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB WEBM
>>202827
how far the player controller has come really is a thing of beauty
now if only mordhau had chivalry's team objective maps
>>
>>202178
I have the same ghost images with eyes closed but it's me bashing your head in
>>
>>202848
nigga how do you chamber? is it feasible with 170 ping?
>>
File: bang.jpg (89 KB, 960x960)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>Start playing
>Every player is dragging for half a year or instant acceling into me followed by teabagging
>Every team is level 300 sweatlords tryharding on level 10s
No wonder the game is dying, this shit literally killed Chiv.
>>
>>203105
>a skill based game slowly losing its non-dedicated playerbase to new FotMs creates an even larger entry barrier for any would-be newbies
Say it ain't so, who could have foreseen this?
>>
File: 1485218365512.png (289 KB, 492x492)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>Kill a level 200 with the longbow
>He obsessively follows me around
>Juke him at every turn, ragdoll kicking him and teambagging, generally sniping him whenever he gets near
>"BAD"
Why are sweats like this?
>>
File: 1596132790411.png (65 KB, 355x328)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>Kill a level 10 with the longsword
>He obsessively runs away from me
>Accel him at every turn, parrying and teabagging, generally chasing after him whenever he gets away
>"ill cry about this on r/mordhau"
Why are noobs like this?
>>
>>203216
Keyed
>>203236
>>
>>203264
take your forced memes back to r/wojakandpepebased
>>
>>203266
Locked post.
>>
>>203101
not even slightly
>>
>>203266
cool
>>203264
crikey
>>
File: 13.webm (2.92 MB, 986x554)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>203101
those aren't chambers, those are clashes
chambering with more than 100 ping is pretty much impossible
pic related has 2 chambers, hopefully you can see the difference through the shit quality
>>203105
this is why we need community invasion/frontline servers with official mod tools
regular player bases will form and when you're a regular to a specific server you'll garner a reputation
that reputation I think will drive more people to nurture the noobs instead of just getting your k/d dopamine fix from randoms then jumping to a new server
>>
>>203420
>regular player bases will form and when you're a regular to a specific server you'll garner a reputation
With how small the player base is, I already remeber some regulars. I definitely wish there were community invasion/frontline servers though. Stuff like that is always comfy.
>>
mordhau has been averaging like 5k people these days. Not really a small game
>>
>hire an animator
>the squat animation gets reworked to look retarded
fuck these devs
>>
Why do all fucking developers nowadays put shit in a fucking discord server instead of having a blog.
>>
>>203420
That sucks, I live in remote part in australia and my lowest ping was 150ms. Well I can chamber one or two occasionally, but 70% of the time don't work.
>>
File: t16.jpg (413 KB, 952x881)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>203640
with that sort of ping you'd have to mirror their attack damn near before it even renders on your screen
>>
>>203708
so just gamble I guess whenever the enemies try to feint me?
>>
>>203710
well unless you can see the future then yeah gamble away
suppose that's the only case where "gambling" isn't just a cope
>>
>>203716
>see the future
its called reading
>>
>>203710
>so just gamble I guess whenever the enemies try to feint me?
In that case it's less of a gamble and more of insurance. If you accurately go for a chamber and they feint you've already won, and if they don't feint then you're basically at the mercy of your awful ping.
>>
File: 1608519033912.gif (216 KB, 125x125)
216 KB
216 KB GIF
>Call someone a gambler
>They have a melty
>>
File: 1589479675994.png (182 KB, 494x460)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>kill someone
>they call me a gambler
>"why you dead then?"
>>
File: 1603920285578.png (29 KB, 471x500)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
I'm thinking about making "hammed" become a term
this community is too easy to force stupid shit on
>>
>>204002
Keyed
>>204051
Locked post
>>
>>204051
t. teabags after getting a lucky kill
>>
File: 1470535346938.gif (1.03 MB, 960x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB GIF
>>204080
I teabag when someone next to me gets a kill I had nothing to do with.
>>
>>203976
>trying to read animation 170ms in the past
>>
>>204082
what are you, bad at videogames?
>>204002
what are, you bad at videogames?
>>204079
what, are you bad at videogames?
>>
take your meds
>>
>>204085
Locked post
>>204081
Keyed
>>
noob above
stay small
>>
>teammate teabags enemy
hit them because it's rude
>it was a horsefag
join in
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 651x213)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>204085
yes :(
>>
>>204098
Sweaty havin a melty? :)
It's ok you're still loved ;)
>>
>>204102
>MS paint
Obsessed.
>>
>>204000
not if they morph feint
>>
>catapult teamkilling constantly
>get rid of it
>get banned
>>
File: 1540776578540.jpg (27 KB, 480x480)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I come back to this thread after a day and its two trannies having an axewound-fanny fight.
Just fucking 41% already
>>
>>204163
Locked.
>>
File: 1557197909612.png (169 KB, 396x530)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>204162
>try to riposte
>enemy blocks it perfectly
>>
Bloodlust should not be as cheap as it is pointswise for the effect it provides.
>>
Bloodlust does not change how you fight someone and they are at a significant disadvantage to you 1v1. Git gud.
>>
>>204324
Who gives a fuck about 1v1s in normal gamemodes
>>
Because that's how you stop the naked bloodlust maulman from destroying your team you retard.
>>
>>204324
Retard. Frontline is mostly multiple 1v1s going on
>>
>>204335
>you're fighting a bloodlustfag
>you've both gotten eachother low
>a retarded rank 1 charges in and dies
>you now have low health and they have full health
>>
>gotten eachother low
he's running bloodlust he has effectively no armor you either one/two shot him or you don't git gud this isn't fucking league of legends where you have to whittle someone's health down over the course of a few minutes
>>
>>204339
You know high armor bloodlust builds are a thing, right? You just grab some weapon off the ground after the fighting starts.
>>
>guy quits a duel after I kill him
>he advertised his twitch in the user name
>check it out
>he's livestreaming
>he's loading up another game
lmao
>>
You really do get worked into a seethe when people call out your crutches and bad habits, huh?
>>
>guy tries to avoid me after I kill him
>kill him over and over again anyway
>give everyone in the server my twitch
>livestream me shittering on him
>guy ragequits
lmao
>>
Sorry bro but I don't use bloodlust, i'm just calling out the whiny babies that complain about having to fight someone you hold an advantage over.
>>
Axe is fucked, it's way too fast and I love it so much
>>
File: soijack 2.jpg (93 KB, 800x750)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>Sorry bro but I don't use bloodlust, i'm just calling out the whiny babies that complain about having to fight someone you hold an advantage over.
>>
File: file.png (746 KB, 1023x805)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
>>Sorry bro but I don't use bloodlust, i'm just calling out the whiny babies that complain about having to fight someone you hold an advantage over.
>>
please leave our thread
>>
File: file.png (358 KB, 674x1024)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
this is my thread
>>
Is it possible to change the headshot sound for a blunt weapon to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwxTZaa3NgI?
>>
>>205106
not until they reenable mods
>>
>>205106
>>205133
it's possible i believe, specifically headshot for blunt idk but client side mods are back via a mod map that you load every time you start up the game
>>
>>205106
For me it's

https://youtu.be/QGYuOqA0pnw?t=42
>>
>>205750
Classic
>>
Ideally I could emulate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U but in Mordhau
>>
>be noble
>teammates swarm you so tightly you can't see or get away from enemies
>die
fuck
>>
>>205806
This is why you just hit through them. Nobles don't suffer from hitstop, can't be votekicked, and don't get autokicked.
>>
>faggots with 200-300ms
>still manages to kill 30/20
how did he do it?
>>
>>205969
if you know how to play the game properly FL/Inv is trivial farm retards in regardless of your ping
99.9% of the playerbase cant even react to a basic accel/drag mixup or a feint so just use an OP cleaving weapon and rape everyone
>>
File: 1553513996241.jpg (31 KB, 324x600)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Is it possible to play aggressively using tank? Most of the time I rather play defensively, because tank tends to get swarmed and stabbed to death
>>
>>206105
Tank is great for fucking up horses because you can hit them with a horizontal swing.
>>
>>206144
yeah i know, but not every map has horses and not every match people use horses too.
>>
>>196330
hit friendlies on a catapult and switch teams before it lands

smack friendlies and have them chase you around a tree
>>
>>196738
Abiding by the rules isn't funny
>>
Mordhau is more fun with autoblock
>>
>>206245
parrying attacks is piss easy, mordhau is more fun with archer hacks
>>
>>206105
i run a 3/3/2 tank bloodlust build with every perk and it works just fine

obviously that means you spawn with no weapon but thats trivial to pick one up
>>
damn starting shit in chat is so easy thanks to amerishart politics
>say that i saw a trump supporter and ask how i report them
>chat explodes
>have something to read while waiting by the supply box for more bear traps
>>
>>206439
mordhau chatbox is fun af
>>
>>204922
Do you have tits?
>>
>>204166
You're not a real woman
>>
>>198877
based. I love dodge, it takes a long time to learn to use properly but it's scary good if used right.
The best part is when sweatfaggots start shittalking and saying dodge sucks, after you use it to shit all over them
>>
Saw a level 2 stop, duck under a swing perfectly, and get a counterattack on someone.
They grow up so fast.
>>
File: 20200624100213_1.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>194840
40% Invasion, 30% Frontline, 15% Skirmish, 15% Community Servers like LOTR/Sumerian horde, duels, etc.
I'm wondering how it would feel to play for k/d rather than throwing myself on the point because nobody else will deal with the five guys burgers and fries there.
>>203431
Same. Honestly I think how everyone plays meme duel server maps kinds of hold back community map making. Why aren't there Captains servers? Or that one Four Corners mode? Hell, there's CTF in this game, but I've heard nobody talk about it. Pic related but not the map I was looking for when I went to go find a screenshot of it.
>>
Why did this game never have location based voice chat like Rust? The emotes are decent though.
>>
>>206724
It can be fun to focus on survival in FL/Inv, sticking with a group and withdrawing when you need to heal

>>206778
It could be cool, though imagine running into a team fight and every player is blaring micspam, doubt there'd be any actual communication. I like that the absence of voice chat means people communicate using the voice lines.
>>
>>206778
cc2 c4
>>
>>203420
can you post your toon in the webm?
>>
how do i get good?
>>
>>207115
Play with the goal of getting good at something. I.e. have a play session where you focus on your defense and survivability.
>>
>>207115
Unironically go into frontlines with a training sword. I do this on a dickaround slot with two training swords and a quarterstaff to beat away nofun faggots, and i'll throw one sword at the enemy and see if they pick it up then the fight is on.
Had a fucking impromptu fight ring going at the hilltop in mountain pass once with like 8 people all surrounding us laughing
>>
>>206778
i dont want to hear some faggots spamming their unfunny meme clips, slavs spamming music through their phone, or the kid whos mom is telling him to take out the trash
>>
>>207115
Play more, over time you'll react less to feints and find some techniques that work out for you. Whenever I'd play frontline or invasion I'd look for the best player on the other team and repeatedly run at him.
I'd also recommend checking out Egyrr's videos on youtube, he's stopped making them but they're still pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD8ZLxO7c14&list=PL_jj_Tkvh8mC0r-RdPSL6YkmXJb-y4E9b
>>
File: 1565887622920.png (94 KB, 195x189)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>207115
bloodlust or dodge
3/3/3
big dick weapon
there now you're good
>>
>>207334
>not 332 bloodlust dodge cleaver
NGMI
>>
File: Bascinet_Decoration1.png (518 KB, 1220x1214)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>not showing off your war face
Peasants.
>>
>>207334
cronched
>>207340
dragged and cronched
>>
>>207396
>dragging against cleaver
:^)
>>
>>207409
>what is riposte
>what is dragging into dodge
>>
>>207412
Could you use dodge to do an accel?
>>
>>207555
Not him but it's tricky. That was my main use of dodge back at release. Dragging often puts the enemy directly on your side which would bodyblock the dodge. Definitely good for accepting a target switch, though.
>>
1 handed attack speed should be nerfed when carrying shields
>>
2021 people still find a way to bitch about shields like they're not the worst they've ever been
>>
Shields are stupidly OP with the parry nerfs
>>
Just learn to drag fags
>>
is the west coast NA master server completely fucked again?
what the fuck is wrong with this bullshit game, what did the devs even do to cause this? HOW THE FUCK IS EVERYONE GETTING 52+ PING ON EVERY COMMUNITY SERVER FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
>>
>>208256
shit routing
>>
Heavy legs are mandatory imo for the extra kick damage. It's very satisfying kicking some dude running at me either feint spamming or trying some morph, even more satisfying is killing someone with a jump kick to the face
>>
>>208509
>tfw can't jump kick because wireless keyboard only accepts 3 keys combination
>>
>>208570
>shift+space+w
>f
are you retarded
>>
Has there been any information about the next patch?
>>
>>208718
new retarded looking animation changes for emotes
a bunch of overpriced cosmetics with variants that are their own item
turncaps restricted again
>>
>>208734
I saw the new squat animation and it looked pretty shit. Where are you finding all this other stuff?
>>
>>208738
ever heard of probability calculation?
>>
>>208742
no what is it?
>>
>>208745
it just means he is guessing
>>
>>208680
>char runs and jump
>stops
>kicks
gee thanks bro.
>>
Give me a noble with a long weapon already
>>
How do I get good at Fashion?
>>
>>209411
Helmet: T2/T1
Body: T2/T3
Leg: T2/T3
no hoddie faggotry.
>>
File: 1607010896660.png (1.51 MB, 1229x817)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>tfw got permabanned from a roleplay server dicking around in 2019
>now they're the only active server of their kind in the US
>>
>>209441
judging by the image you posted you are a massive cocksucking faggot, you 100% deserved it and i am glad you are excluded from this game. good riddance.
>>
>>209441
Rip nigga.
>>
>>209441
they ban your Steam ID or IP? Just get around it or suck it up and apologise to the madmin.
>>
what the fuck is drag jpegs?
>>
>>209572
t. basement LARPer who doesn't play the game
>>
>>209615
My guess would be drags where you swing with perfect speed against the animation to keep the weapon in place, based on the name.
>>
>>209718
if you don't play the game then why are you complaining about being banned?
did you just want to post le reddit man?
>>
>tfw 850 hours and still shit at duels
>>
>>209615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN5fa6Zm8z0
>>
File: 20210116000257_1.jpg (734 KB, 3840x2160)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>
>>210526
brian blessed?
>>
>>194163
there was literally nothing wrong with 3 firebomb stacking
>>
>>195495
stop wasting player slots you loser
>>
>>211270
Triple firebombs was fucked, just one cunt with that loadout was a pain and multiple cunts was a nightmare
>>
>>211272
See
>>194163
>>184954
>>184952
>>
>>211273
That doesn't change anything, they were still fucked. Pushing the cart for second objective on Castello invasion was so shit, the whole area could be covered in fire
>>
Does anyone else exclusively play on the Star Wars Mod server? That shit fun
>>
Is it even possible to chamber overheads?
>>
>>211795
theyre the easiest thing to chamber apart from stabs
>>
>>211795
not if theyre dragged, that's why you use CFTP
chamber timing is extremely strict and trying to chamber overhead drags is a fools errand
>>
>playing with a bow
>war axe tranny rushes at me
>feints while Im still holding the bow
>lads and I kill him
why are sweats so retarded?
>>
>>211878
its their monkey brain telling them to feint every initiating attack because they do it in duels
>>
>>211881
I almost feel bad for them it must be so fucking boring but then again they did it to themselves
>>
>>211878
Why do people even get in the habit of feinting? Accels and drags are better.
>>
Haven't played since 2019. Did they add waifu knights yet or finish the mod kit?
>>
>>211933
no
>>
>>211933
They added midgets
>>
File: 1604900238610.png (202 KB, 288x273)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>211928
>playing a small frontline match in the middle of the night
>attacking first objective on castello
>one single blue boy comes out to defend it
>stares at me and initiates overhead feints
>just watch him feint, can see he stops to look at whether im reacting
>figure he's just a very low level and get him off the point
>tab
>level 81

can you really just get away with playing these game modes like this? i understand it was very late and it was a casual match but goddamn man
>>
>>211928
not at high level
people get exceptionally good at footworking to mitigate every accel/drag mixup you have
feints still work just fine as long as you do macro feints
>>
>>211933
they exist in mods
and they added a 5'11 perk
>>
>>211956
I'm around level 50 and my k/d is still around 0.5 < x < 1
>>
File: 1596667668096.gif (196 KB, 264x269)
196 KB
196 KB GIF
I will never understand why people get so rabidly mad over archery. It's not even that impactful in this game. Even if I'm not even in the top 3, one of the many MLG duel pros will tunnel vision on me like I fucked their mother if I headshot them enough times. Horsefuckers are the worst about this.
>>
>>212611
>archers on the enemy team
Annoying
>archers on your team
Constantly bodyblock the good players, constantly shoot teammates in the back. Actively infuriating. They're trying to bully you for your teammates' sake.
>>
>>212611
literally just beacuse archers can make a 2000h sweat seethe by killing him with an arrow from 30m, nullifying his whole advantage that he paid for with (in)celibate
>>212620
>Constantly bodyblock the good players
all players do this not just archers, also
>good players
you cant even hide the seethe kek
>>
>>212611
I love people who bitch about horses but refuse to pick up a bow like they aren't the easiest thing to shut down.
>>
these roman niggers with short spears are really getting on my nerves.
>>
>>212706
Just avoid them lmao
>>
>>212695
Indeed. It especially boggles my mind when people hop on horses with t1 armor of any kind. Might as well just paint a bullseye on yourself.
>>
>>212695
What makes bows good against horses? Do you shoot the rider or the horse?
>>
>>212857
The rider if you can finish them off, but the horse can't heal so if the rider is carrying bandages or frequently going behind cover then just pop the horse a few times.
>>
>dude everybody is complaining about 1vX being too hard and impossible against 3 shieldniggers
>bro i have an idea
>lets make the parry box smaller
>same with the double parry window
>and give parries tank perk sledgehammer tier turncaps
>bro
>brooooo
>>
>>184900
Check'd
>>
File: 1601756884319.webm (2.8 MB, 1280x720)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
someone give me a rundown on the current meta
>>
>>213387
mid tier comp skm is chamber spam pug meta
high tier is double rat meta
>>
>crush: combat 2.0 will save the game guys and no chamber feint to parry too!
why does crush insist on these fucking bandaid fixes, the man does not want to ever address that the core problem has always been the literal animations themselves
im willing to bet these combat 2.0 will have the same fucking animations lmaooooooo
>>
>>213387
meta is for FAGGOTniggers i will play naked maul in high level skirmish and you cant stop me unless you ban it like gayspacito but thats for mid tier scrubs anyways
>>
>>213409
with there being an actual animator on the team i am praying that we will finally get good ones that dont look like dogshit and are thus unreadable
>>
>>211271
Stop being such a dweeb and start hooking up with some chicks, man.
>>
>>213409
I saw something about new feint animations so 1h and 2h will be different
>>
File: 1585678456896.jpg (48 KB, 480x564)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>213409
>combat 2.0
so I take it these devs are only posting development info to their discord?
any of you discordfags see any news in there about mod tools or improving existing game modes/maps?
>>
>>213853
improving the game is hard work prease understand we are poor millionaire dev team
>>
Hey lads, quick question. I'm seeing about putting together a /vm/ squad for a PES tournament, using memes from the board as players.
I wanted to see about putting a Mordhau rep on the team because it's one of the best games on the board. What memes would best suit a player rep? I was thinking something warhammer related but I want to ask for opinions
>>
>>214008
Default Knight
>>
File: archerfaggot.webm (2.04 MB, 960x540)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB WEBM
>>214008
/mhaug/ here
PATCHIE or seymour
>>
Guys thinking about buying this right now. How active is it currently? I see only 3k but it is 10am on a Monday.
>>
I only play a totally naked dodge + spear in frontines

No I will not practice to get better
No I will not duel anyone
Yes I will run away from any fight that isn't a 2v1
Yes I spent all my time drag stabbing from behind my team mates
>>
>>214089
EU is very active
NA is kinda dead
>>214094
enjoy being oneshot by throwing axes
>>
File: ZomboDroid 19012021114552.jpg (372 KB, 2877x1329)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>214008
default knight, patchie tomato, or seymour
>>
>>214132
NA west coast duel scene is doing perfectly fine
>>
>>214008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27tz_-pngko
tomato
>>
>>214298
>duel scene
bvwahahhawhahwahahhahaHHAHAHahaHHAhHAHAHAHA
>>
>>214089
I'm us central and have no trouble picking from one of ten active/full servers during the week, kinda sucks because sometimes its the 80-man servers and those lag the shit out of me so I have to avoid them.

At like 4 am theres sometimes only one or two active servers, so its definitely not an off-hour sort of game for NA.
>>
File: folder.jpg (68 KB, 650x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>214298
>duel
>>
>>214008
maulchad
>>
>>213853
the only news recently is they hired 3 new devs (programmer, sound designer, and animator)
work on SDK is "progressing"
work on shit like maps is "chugging along"
fistfighting animations will be changed
>>
>>214089
ranked is dead
NA and EU still have plenty of players in the normal, non faggot modes. Thought in NA there is like 1-2 hours in the middle of the night where the frontline+invasion servers are dead you and you will have to join a smaller server
>>
>>214867
Why? Fists are one of the only animations that arent completely fucked

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.