[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Shit was so good
>>
>>170022
What are your thoughts on Battlefield 1942/2/2142?
>>
>>170061
Haven't played them
>>
>>170065
So a CoD refugee...
Yeah no wonder you thing BF3 is "good" LMAO
>>
>>170078
It's objectively a great game. You can't deny that.
>>
>>170079
>vehicles now regen armor
>hit detection is terrible
>no mod support
>forced to use battlelog
>most of the vanilla maps are absolute shit
Nah.
>>
>>170080
>vehicles now regen armor
No? You need an engineer with a torch gun to repair it
>hit detection is terrible
False.
>no mod support
Literally who cares
>most of the vanilla maps are absolute shit
False. All of them are great except Operation Firestorm and Tehran Highway
>>
>>170081
You didn't play the game.
>Literally who cares
You are the cancer killing video games.
>>
>>170084
Yes, I did. I played bf3, bf4 and bf1 so I consider myself a veteran of the battlefield games.
>>
>>170085
>only playing 3 games
>veteran
You're not a Battlefield veteran.
You are a phony who doesn't know what Battlefield is supposed to be and needs to kill himself and go back to Call of Duty.
>>
>>170085
I’m with you friend. I was a cod refugee too. I loved bf3 and 4. And I agree, who gives a shit about mods
>>
>>170088
Finally, someone with a brain here
>>
>>170088
>>170090
Neither of you have them I'm afraid.
>>
>>170085
based
>>170087
cringe larper
>>
>>170092
>Came from cod to bf when bf3 was the newest release
Do you expect someone in this situation to NOT think bf3 was a good game? It’s subjective, retard. If I had started with earlier bf games I might have a different opinion on 3/4.
>go back to cod
I did when they released the steaming pile of shit that was BF1 and stayed since they outdid themselves with the shit follow up that was BFV
>>
>>170081
>False. All of them are great except Operation Firestorm and Tehran Highway
Please for the love of god tell me you don't think metro is anything other than an unmitigated disaster
>>
>>170102
Operation Metro is the best map by a mile
>>
>>170100
It is worse than the previous entries objectively in many areas, dumbass.
>>170102
Seine Crossing, Operation Metro, Damavand Peak, and Tehran Highway were absolutely awful in Conquest/Conquest Large. Damavand Peak is literally a god damn straight line lmao.
>>
>>170104
Now you're just trolling.
>>
>>170106
The entire thread is him trolling.
He literally revealed himself as a CoD refugee.
>>
File: 1590559829723.jpg (8 KB, 250x202)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>170105
>Seine Crossing, Operation Metro, Damavand Peak, and Tehran Highway were absolutely awful in Conquest/Conquest Large.
Yikes... What an awful take... Don't embarrass yourself like that bro
>>
>>170108
You are embarrassing yourself if you think any of those are good in Conquest lmao.
Metro and Damavand Peak are good in Rush though.
Since you posted a frog it's basically confirmed you are just trolling as if previous evidence wasn't enough.
>>
>>170107
Why do you think so? Operation Metro is literally the most popular map in the game. It was so popular they remade it twice in bf4 (operation locker and operation metro)
>>
>>170109
>Since you posted a frog
Maybe reddit would be more your speed bro they don't post frogs there
>>
>>170110
It being popular doesn't mean it's good.
It as a Conquest is objectively terrible because it has basically no flanking routes and the points are in a straight line.
As a Rush map it's great, especially the outdoor park area that is missing in the Conquest version.
Locker is better than Metro for Conquest because it at least has the option of flanking to the right side outdoor area.
Metro was also remade for Battlefield 5, but I didn't expect you to actually know anything.
>>
>>170115
>It as a Conquest is objectively terrible because it has basically no flanking routes and the points are in a straight line.
How can you not comprehend the fact that there are people who genuinely enjoy that kind of gameplay and there are a lot of them? Hence why the map is so popular
>Metro was also remade for Battlefield 5, but I didn't expect you to actually know anything.
Who fucking cares about battlefield 5
>>
>>170118
Because if that's the gameplay they enjoy, then can fuck off to Call of Duty in which all of the maps are straight lines or the size of someone's backyard. And also because the hit detection isn't as terrible.
Meatgrinder maps that are a straight line with no option to flank are stupid and unfun. If you find "throwing a grenade/firing a grenade launcher at a chokepoint for 60 minutes on a 3000 ticket server" fun then I'm sorry but you might just be braindead and are definitely what ruined Battlefield.
>>
i dont get it bf4 is pretty much the same and is more alive than bf3
>>
File: BF3_M16_ICON.png (72 KB, 512x145)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
I miss her bros...
>>
>>170128
The hit detection isn't as terrible.
Also the vanilla maps aren't as awful as Battlefield 3's.
>>170129
M16A4 is in Battlefield 4.
ACE 23 is basically the same thing as the M16A3.
>>
>>170131
indeed, people say that bf3 is better than bf4, they literally the same games but with different weapons, if bf3 is better then why no one is playing it
>>
>>170133
I'll be playing 3 again when Venice Unleashed launches next month though.
>>
>>170081
>>no mod support
>Literally who cares
I want normies to leave
>>
I mean.. I see both sides of this. I also played a lot of bf3 and consider it a good multiplayer fps, but can understand how some think it was a widening of cracks in the battlefield franchise that were there since bad company. Still, I think most could agree that it beat the hell out of most of their later releases. Battlefield really went off the cliff with bf1, and shows no signs of recovering, so why people are still around saying that tired old "veteran" gatekeeping stuff about this franchise is beyond me
>>
>>170061
BF1942 - 8/10
BF2 - 10/10 (but didn't age well)
BF2142 - 5/10
BF3 - 9/10
>>
>>170081
>False. All of them are great except Operation Firestorm and Tehran Highway

So a cod refugee who enjoys mindless corridor shooting?
>>
>>170105
shit taste lmfao
>>
>>170022
Yeah it's the shit, the last gasp before everything went pozzed and fucked.
>>
>>170160
maybe it's your time to live grandpa
>>
>>170079
>objective subjectivity
>post-homogenized multiplat babby

none of you multiplat casualfags will ever know the joy of being part of a cohesive squad that demands actual specialized roles, behind enemy lines sabotage, commander support, or commanding itself.
>>
Knives and grenades as primary weapons (read:Not dedicated buttons to barbarically smash and launch in front of you automatically) added a whole layer of depth to the games that is completely lost today.

>but you can still do it!
No. Just because you personally are choosing to do it doesn't mean shit in a multiplayer environment, where most people will do whatever it takes to gain an upper hand. (read: Hackers) If aimbot were legal then everyone would do it. The odds of someone accepting a knife duel so I can dishonor it and blast them with a gun are at least 500 million to 1 compared to yesteryear. Not to mention being able to just playing knife only yourself for that extra personal risk v reward satisfaction. No metagaming allowed?

classic pc battlefield
>baiting someone into getting their grenades out so I can rush them when all they can do is chuck it at their feet and run

post bad company battlefield
>peoples' downtime for throwing grenades is nanoseconds, resulting in nothing but spammy tactics, with no required forethought in execution for even something as 'simple' as throwing a grenade or knifing

dont even get me started on the regenerating health (even the vehicles as of 4, as well as vehicle ammo)

battlefield hasn't had its own brand since 2142. bc2 was the start of the homogeneity, and bf3 sealed its fate
>>
>>170022
I just wish there wasn't only *one map 24/7* servers left on bf4. They also probably made so much from microtransactions in bf1/v to even care about bf3
>>
>>170211
>Battlefield really went off the cliff with bf1, and shows no signs of recovering
Battlefield 6 will be great. Trust me
>>
>>170022
Battlefield 4 with the Battlefield 2 Classic Mode Ruleset is peak Battlefield. I wish it had more than 1 populated server though.
>>
>>171702
autistic faggots like these need to have their head caved in with a hammer
every other boomer FPS can be discussed normally but refraction engine BF will always attract these larpy subhumans for some reason
>>
File: 1480671853993.png (724 KB, 766x753)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>171709
>if aimbot were legal than everyone would do it
correct, see smart pistol in titanfall 1 and spitfire on consoles in titanfall 2
it's a shame this is true
>>
>>170022
Shit was a fucking console casualized cod competitor that didn't even work right you fucking retard
>>
>>172953
Imagine being filtered by the best fps of the 21 century so far
>>
>>172962
>terrible netcode
>everyone runs at Sonic speed unlimited sprint
>classes condensed and roles simplified
>literally casualized for the purpose of competing with cod on consoles
Absolute garbage.
>>
>>172964
Lmao go back to ARMA you cringy larper faggot
>>
Im still playing it. I became such a conditoned skrub when i started using the aek. I cant go back
>>
>>170065
>>170079
nigger
>>
You think it was good because you were 12 when it came out

The people who were kids or teenagers when battlefield 1 and 2 were out think that 3 is the game that murdered the franchise- all other installments that came after just raped its corpse
>>
>>170087
that was the joke retard
>>
>>170022
I hope BF6 will be like BF3/4 instead of Trannyfield 1/V...
>>
>>170022

MW2 will ALWAYS be the best FPS released for the culture
>>
>>172964
t. mad cause bad
>>
>>175225
yeah, modern buggerfield gaytards type like 16 year olds it all checks out perfectly
>>
>>170022
So do I. The glitchy/matrix aesthetic was enjoyable. I still feel like the game was only around 80% incomplete and was rushed out to retail.

It had the best-feeling first-person models, animations and sounds that made it enjoyable to play multiplayer with. The flashlight, sun glare and the suppression was really great for the time.
>>
>>170081
>Operation Firestorm
Literally the best map.
>>
Wait bf1 is bad?
I still really enjoy it but i dont play any other online shooters
>>
>>170022
>2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqfFfuVuNE
>>
>>170211
>no signs of recovering
Battlefield 5 brought back things long missing from the franchise such as vehicles having limited ammo (missing since Bad Company 1).
>>
>>172574
The only one I found was in Germany, and there was a hacker on it when I tried it so I'm thinking it is a lost cause.
>>
>>170211
Amen brother
>>
>>170022
https://screenrant.com/battlefield-6-insider-game-what-fans-want/

>Battlefield 6 is heavily rumored to return to the modern era while the aforementioned scale will reportedly result in supporting up to 128 players in a single multiplayer match

>DICE might have another Battlefield game in the works alongside Battlefield 6. According to a September rumor, a remake of Battlefield 3, one of the most popular installments in the series, could be in development. The source of the leak is the Stockholm studio itself.

>[...] which could either indicate a Battlefield 3 remaster

>for a proper conclusion, the title needs to be revealed publicly, which will happen in spring 2021
>>
>>175710
Nah bf1 is good. It just feels kinda empty for me.
>>
>>173814
>The people who were kids or teenagers when battlefield 1 and 2 were out think that 3 is the game that murdered the franchise
Only fucking retards think so. Bf3 breathed new life into the franchise.
>>
>>175991
nice
>>
>>176205
>t. was a teenager when BF3 came out
>>
>>176378
Nope
>>
it's still fairly active to this day, poorfags like me play it every now and then
>>
>>176943
even worse, a genuine retard...
>>
File: guns2.png (539 KB, 766x1120)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>170022
battlefield 3 is shit and always been shit
every game after special forces and 2142 has become progressively worse
you just dont know what good is cause your 10 is a fucking 4 to us.
>>
>>177006
Cringe.
>>
>>177045
blm
>>
>>175991
>a remake of Battlefield 3
do i need to take a ferry to sweden to kick them in the face personally?
>>
>>177006
>counter-strike
>autism
Whoever made this was not only being filtered by the easiest game to master but also very assblasted and calling people cheaters for him having snail reflexes being one tapped everytime.
>>
>>177249
>cunter strike
>haha im a trained counter terrorist and I never use my gun’s sights! Weeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>177289
You can use AUG, SG552 and all the other sniper rifles' sights.
>>
>>177249
its autistic because its a retarded nonsensical pattern that like you said results in everyone not using guns correctly and just trying to 1 tap each other or memorize some autistic pattern instead of the guns operating like they should
its nothing more than a broken gun carnival game where the gun is rigged to fire inaccurately and you have to sit around memorizing its terrible pattern instead of sighting the gun correctly.

battlefield's solution for this in the new games is to add 35 layers of bullet randomization instead as well as a 10tickrate.
>>
does bf3 on pc actually work anymore? i bought it along with 4 when they came to steam but the fucking archaic battlelog system for 3 was just straight up broken, i ended up refunding it. is there a work around at all for it, i fucking loved it on the ps3 but thats been pretty much dead for years in NZ
>>
File: 2jwQRL_0OznsrOo00.jpg (34 KB, 512x288)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>170022
I remember when Bf3 first came out, me and my buddies came into it hot off a huge Red Orchestra 2 streak. Fucking hell we harvested domes, Antimatter shooters really make a man out of you.
>>
File: file.png (278 KB, 512x288)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>177449
mamaev best map
>>
>>177450
if you're a mole maybe
>>
>>170919
2142 was fun af and full of soul
>>
>>177439
Are you legit retarded? It's a video game. Guns in a game don't have to work exactly like they do in real life.
>>
>>177545
but thats how the skill comes into play
>advocating for rng mechanics that drop the skill ceiling

This is how we got to overwatch where aiming is removed entirely and replaced with button tapping in a general direction.
>>
>>177591
Are you saying counter strike doesnt require skill?
>>
>>170022
The last good Battlefield game.
>>
>>178341
yes it would have a lot more skill if shots werent randomized.

like chess has more skill because the pieces move where you move them and they dont have a 25% chance of random movement rolls with every chess piece you pick up.
>>
>>178468
That'd be 2142
>>
>>178468
honest question, what does BF3 do that BF4 doesn't do better
>>
>>170081
>All of them are great except Operation Firestorm and Tehran Highway
what a fucking faggot taste holy shit
>>
>>178590
missing most of the maps from bf3 that were decent (like strike at karkand and all the other dlc ones)
missing scavenger game mode which was cool
missing some guns (ak-74m, ak-74u, kh2002, g3a3, etc.)
>>
>>170087

Shut up dude. No one gives a fuck how long you've played Battlefield. Cant we just enjoy and discuss the game?? Which leads me to my next question. How bad was BF5?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.