[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: snapshot.jpg (24 KB, 128x256)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>Continued from the last thread
>>118673

pic related; it's me
IGN: Motherless (Nao)
>>
>general
RETARD. YOU CAN'T SAY THAT SHIT.
>>
>>158403
>brown
Not posting in this thread.
>>
>>158435
brown is the only way to go in mabi
>>
FUCK SHEEP SHEARING JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>158669
Most comfy gathering life skill. Go upgrade your gathering knife and get at it.
>>
>>158669
>>158673
I got that shit at r1 with skill potions+event+upgraded knife+active talent and with all of that was a pain in the asshole, never again
>>
File: 1392712315714.jpg (43 KB, 398x396)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
what's the point of taming animals or transformation skill? Is it just for stats and collection autism or what
>>
>>158716
There's this thing called "fun". It's the driving force behind quite a few of the design decisions in Mabi. Do you not wish to tame a succubus, bring her out of the dungeon, and show her around town? Do you not wish to look like your favorite NPC or enemy? You can also run at the speed of the animal you turn into so it's good if you don't have fast pets. By the way, did you know you can play as your pets? Why? For the fun of it. The same reason you can change your pet's dialogue freely. You can also have them help you fight if you want.

Additionally, you can tame things as a dark knight through mind control or play music and lead a trail of animals around like the pied fucking piper. Taming needs an update though, since the combat power of creatures has changed.
>>
Is there an RP server/location/hangout?
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
File: 1604600808746.png (265 KB, 562x536)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>158403
>>158423
>>159638
>>
>>158435
Blow your brains out like your leader.
>>
People still play this game and it amazes me.

Also this isn't mabigen. Mabigen doesn't play the game anymore, we just have annual IRL meet-ups.
>>
>>161054
it's one of a kind, why are you surprised people enjoy something unique?
>>
>>161377
He's surprised everyone didn't quit in a month and hop from game to game like himself.
>>
>>161384
i'm actually surprised that i've been sticking with this game (mabipro) for longer than 3 months. it's pretty lonely even with a public guild but whatever, mabi is technically a solo game anyways
>>
>>161384
I ( >>161054 ) quite literally have played this game since NA closed beta and hardly stopped up until about a year ago. The people I played with either moved on from the game or did nothing but endgame content I was too much of a scrub for.

Sometimes I wish I had moved on after three months but I enjoyed the combat far too much compared to other MMOs.
>>
>>161478
How are you a scrub? I played since g1 and can casually solo most content just from stuff gained while playing.

>>161394
I hate those fucking eyeball enemies. Hated rather, since I basically never do castle missions anymore.
>>
>>161564
yeah castle SMs are terrible without a party. the spider one is the worst since i have no alchemy
>>
File: 1604989333930.jpg (81 KB, 500x500)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>cumulative level already 800
I feel like I should be doing something important before 1000
I stopped rebirthing and just started resetting my AP to train other skills, am I doing this right?
>>
>>162292
you get free rebirths until 5k with the memoir questline
>>
>>162356
you only get free skill resets from duncan until 1000 though
>>
>>162403
If you're playing official, they give out reset capsules like candy.
>>
>>162407
those only downgrade by one rank right
>>
>>162613
There are ones that go one rank, that I haven't seen in a long time, ones that completely reset a skill which are more usual, ones that reset a whole talent which are also common, and ones that reset all your skills which aren't as common but build up in your inventory over time.
>>
server merge killed my interest in this game. my main went from being on the busiest server to the deadest
>>
>>162837
attention whore
>>
be wary of any weeb general that has no in game screenshots. 99% its shit.
>>
>>162892
indeed, how dare i want to play an mmo with other people? i should just play solo.
>>
>>162971
Posting screen shots is ERP and avatarfagging.
>>
>>162971
1) it's an old game
2) it's not very active unlike wow, ffxiv, and other games where you can stare at 1080p ass all day
3) you are a faggot
4) what is there to screenshot?
5) you would be amazed how mentally ill mmo players are with just a screenshot and IGN
>>
so there's some story clearing event coming after the maintenance, can I clear G19-24 as a noob? also I often like the story in mmo's, do I need to do the previous gens to know what's going on
>>
>>163900
>I need to do the previous gens to know what's going on
No. Each gen group is a bunch of different people working on it. 1-3, the iria stuff, 9-12, 13-16, 17-18/saga, saga 2, 19-21,and 22-present have basically nothing to do with each other. The later gens do try to reuse earlier characters and saga tries to make callbacks to 1-3, but 19 - present are more or less understandable on their own, save that they recall characters you probably won't care about anyway.

They are probably still hard as a newbie though. Easier doesn't mean easy. Mabi is a game that goes from buttrape to doable, instead of from casual to braindead. You should do them along each other.

No one's mentioned it, but newbies should do gen1-3 and 9-12 asap anyway because the transformation skills you get from them grow through level ups and you can quickly train them. You get a transformation at 21 too, but it's mostly good for getting you killed.
>>
File: -mabinogi-rabi.jpg (969 KB, 1920x2720)
969 KB
969 KB JPG
To this day, I wonder what was going on in the head of the person who looked at Mabinogi and then said to the team "Hey guys, you know what this game needs? Loli succubi! With cat ears!" Were they the one who designed the siren to be a masked loli in a school swimsuit and stockings holding a flute, or were they a new blood following in the footsteps of their predecessor?
>>
>>164153
these loli succubi are pieces of shit gunslinger with almost 0 cooldown and smart AI unlike the rest of mobs
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Mabinogi/comments/j7vmrw/mabinogi_speed_run_beginners_guide_to_being_op/
is doing this worth it?
>>
>>164692
No, going to reddit is not worth it.
>>
>>164673
Be happy chain blades weren't out at the time. They'd probably use those instead.
>>
File: pc98.gif (557 KB, 639x299)
557 KB
557 KB GIF
do I have to learn magic to go fight in the hot air balloon? am giant so I thought of maybe training the throwing attack for now but idk
>>
>>166426
The bigger balloons have ballista Giants should be able to use to shoot bolts from and you can use alchemy too.
>>
>>158403
where are u shadiggler?
>>
I wish hammers and axes and 2H swords had particular skill sets.
>>
What's so good about this game? A couple guys I know lost several years of their life to it then quit forever and refuse to talk about it, just like Ragnarok Online players.
>>
>>169023
>then quit forever and refuse to talk about it, just like Ragnarok Online players.
They broke up with their e-gfs.

>What's so good about this game?
You can do anything.
>>
File: 1403472582236.png (1.56 MB, 1280x1637)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>166704
>>
onegai >>158897
>>
>>169084
No, there is no ERP.

Also the new main site change is shit. SHIT.
>>
>>169023
it's a light sandbox. basically anime runescape. progression is very flexible.
>>
>>169077
What?
>>
>>169099
>go from list to tiles like some touch screen meme tablet build with pages
>LIMITED SQUARES
>>
File: 1605940365019.jpg (60 KB, 750x1000)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Just recently started this.
Am I meant to be struggling with inventory in the early game? The bank space is tiny & I only have that 48 cell bag from the general store.
>>
>>170592
Yes and no. Item service and being able to use bags at all were an early days freemium thing. Half your bank space was locked out, there was no separate inventory for items locked to you, and you couldn't even set up shops because you needed a bag for that. Forget about being able to transfer between characters without putting items on a pet.

Nowadays, if you run out of space, it's because you're picking up too much stuff. Do the Blannid quests, Fynni stuff, and Saga to get some pets and make some more characters to use as bank space + more bag holders. And you should be able to buy at least that big timed bag as well as a normal bag from the shops. Search the market for other bags to buy, there have been events that gave out too many of the kinds you can only have one of, so you should at least be able to get a better shop bag than one from the general store relatively cheaply. You also get a "soul stream inventory" as you hit level up milestones nowadays so you should have some more space come naturally.
>>
damn you fossils still play this game? I played korean server mabi upto 2010 and reached accumulated level 1400.
Shit was so cash back then, but a chink hacked my account.
>>
>>171323
>a chink hacked my account.
You mean someone else bought the account that you bought from a Korean, right?
>>
>>171453
no, I'm Korean
>>
File: 1606105631291.gif (70 KB, 220x166)
70 KB
70 KB GIF
FUCK THE G21 DOPPELGANGER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
>>
>>172020
Why are people crying about that? I don't remember anything about that entire set of gens except the wolf guy and the two girgs at once were way too hard to fight at the time, but nothing else was that bad in those gens. Looking it up, it seems like a weaker version of the G10 one. It it just because a bunch of newbies are doing it?
>>
>>172084
That's my issue, I'm only CLvl 721 using puppeteering & bard skills. I don't do dish out enough damage to beat the regen.
>>
>>172096
Use your brionac
>puppeteering & bard
Why are you basically full support?
>>
>>172096
how the fuck did you even reach that generation with almost 0 attack skills, what the fuck are you doing
>>
>>170592
It honestly made me stop playing
>>
what is the "song drawn by the winds" scenario? cant find anything online about it
>>
>>172675
The only thing I found about it was a journal achievement
>Song Drawn by the Winds - Clear Enn's Memories questline.
>>
File: 1506201614567.gif (285 KB, 200x200)
285 KB
285 KB GIF
>>172680
that has to be it. thanks anon.
>>
why is this thread still alive goddamn it I thought we got sent to the shadow realm years ago
>>
ok mido
>>
I still don't understand why they added the Far Darrigs. Were they really banking on people finding them adorable and endearing?
>>
I wish more people made video content for this game. It has such an in depth wiki but barely any videos of anything.
>>
>>173180
Gacha was more profitable i guess
>>
>>173491
what?
>>
>>173508
I mean that gacha was more profitable than giving the far darrings more attention, like bags,gems,etc
>>
>thread literally called mabi general
>vm is so kill that it's still up anyway
kek
>>
>>169270
>basically anime runescape
Not that guy but you sold me on this. What guides and assorted things should I read to understand what I'm doing?
>>
>>173833
Know that https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Wiki_Home exists whenever you need to look up something.
>>
>>172233
THANK FUCK FOR THE BRIONAC
That made it miles easier, much appreciated.
>>
is the community active enough to make starting as a new player worth it? the learning curve seems a little steep. i've never touched mabi but it seems much more endearing than the other mmos i've played
>>
>>174607
You won't have a problem finding groups to do content with so long as you can open your fingers and ask, if that is what you mean.
>>
>>173517
It's literally just one thread by a guy who wants to see if the old people still play or remember
>>
File: sketch-1581916896772.png (224 KB, 1574x1080)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>173120
>>
>>169580
It's someone's shitpost about mabigen.

From the top left, Shadiggler, Minamoko, Serenya, someone I don't recognize, Emertxe, and two others I don't recognize.
>>
>>166704
Howdy
>>164692
Maybe, but I'd recommend just waiting for a 2x AP event (Winter Master Plan probably dropping late December or early January) and then rebirthing between each Blaanid quest to get to TTL 5K. This nets you 10k AP at the beginning of the game and is enough to let you grind at your own pace to be able to run lategame content with a couple fully developed talents. That guide might be more efficient, but if you want to get to worthwhile content faster, it seems like a hell of a grind for little payoff. Then just do your first runs for the Dungeon Guide shit to get your free pets.
>>
>>176479
Just one bit of clarification as well. In the long run, if you plan on getting to endgame, AP is the least of your worries. You typically end up with 20-30k leftover AP by the time you max out Shine of Eweca.
>>
use Cameragirl's camera and enter alby dungeon
>>
why bother playing live any more
it's dated, dead, mismanaged?
where's mabi 2
:(
>>
>>176488
>mismanaged
The current director has been trying to unfuck the game since he got the job a couple of years ago, but the game's code is so fucking ancient and tangled that it's a very slow process.
>>
>>176491
I more mean the constant community manager drama. I don't play live any more but that's just about all I hear about from friends that do - GMs giving preferential treatment to certain players instead of equal treatment to all.
That, inflation, and unless you played through every event since 2008 you have nearly no bag space.
I just want them to give the game a reboot so all of those problems at least disappear for a while.
>>
>>176495
The GMs/CMs are all in the public official discord for the game so you can just bully them to their faces.
>>
>>176497
>dicksword
fair but pass
>>
>>176495
You could always play mabipro, small enough community that a lot of the hebrew shit and nexon crap is selectively culled by vote.

Everyone knows why they left live, and everyone agrees on not making this fresh land the same as the land they left to rot.
>>
>>176501
I think I have a character on pro, maybe I'll go play there this week
>>
>>176495
Bags are so fucking common you can just buy them from the market. Why do you give a shit about CMs, circlejerks, or what they do in them? I don't even know who the CMs or GMs are.
>>
>>176502
Gib ign
>>
>>176488
>dated
meme

>dead
meme

>mismanaged
it's nexon NA, it was fucked from the start
>>
>>176491
>The current director has been trying to unfuck the game
I don't know, the game is tending towards the modern pit-of-monsters style of gameplay for content lately and all the items are all demidemongodangeldevil-sword-of-solomon's-sephiroth-type naming instead of just "broadsword" or "dragon slasher". Aside from that, they have a weird, but subtle, obsession with butterfly wings. I don't really trust them to have designed the game from scratch. It'd just be a bunch of shitty "raids" and monster pits. I wish there was a dev that would focus on the open world aspect so we could either get some real grinding of groups of field mobs or more interesting fights against small groups of monsters working together outside of a dungeon room.
>>
>>158403
Do people still play this game ;w;
I'm a super noob that never even completed G3 because I never had friends to play with, but I was pretty rich because I wasted money on gacha.
>>
God, I wish for a remake of this game with monthly subscription instead of p2w gimmicky, or at least gacha cosmetics I'd accept.
Just keep it grindy but somehow make it so that the community relies on itself
>>
>>177323
If you want to spend constant money on a game you own, just buy monthly service. Subscriptions are a bigger scam than gatcha.
>>
>>177323
The game always had a monthly premium service.
I do agree the gacha is kinda OP though.
>>
new mabi when
>>
>>177637
Mabi 2 was shaping up to be Vindictus 2 so I'm glad it didn't happen.
I need more fantasy life skilling and 20 combat options.
Also pets.
>>
>>177763
What about Black Desert or Archeage or whatever, I know one of those was trying to have a similar thing.
>>
>>177798
ArcheAge was the closest thing we had to a really good Mabinogi successor but it became so hideously p2w that they had to release a separate version which they claimed would be p2w free and instead was a one-time fee of $30.
Within a month that became p2w too and everyone quit immediately.

Black Desert is really just a cookie clicker with heavy p2w features too.
>>
as a mid tier player what mission should I do to go from 70s to reach 200? Do i baltan spam til l150? then what?
>>
>>178136
Shadow missions, veteran dungeon, martial arts tournament? I don't know if any of the new content is good for leveling.
>>
>>171857
lmao
>>
How do I cope with the fact that mabi wiki is run by a tranny and has gone to shit and barely posts info?
>>
>>178770
If you want it to be better, contribute yourself. That is the point of wikis.
>>
>>178774
>don't know info
>can't find info wiki
contribute not knowing info!
>>
>>178778
What info is it you're looking for and where do you think the info comes from if not people attempting to find out for themselves?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.