[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 79 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
2020 is nearing its end, which Fighting Game did you play the most this year?
Which Fighting Game are you excited for in the coming year?
Is "Them Fighting Herds" allowed on this board or does it break the global rules?
>>
>>156820
I mostly played Soul Calibur 6 this year, it's my favorite fighting game series though it is disappointing that it has such a low playercount.
I'm thinking about getting into SF and Tekken since both of those are the big dogs but I can't really decide which one to concentrate on. Is SF6 going to come out next year? Any news about a possible Tekken 8?
>>
>>156820
when are we getting cool fighting games again? strive looks gay so don't even mention it
>>
File: 1593782649383.gif (805 KB, 1031x579)
805 KB
805 KB GIF
>>156820
This is the first year I've really gotten into the genre despite playing some games like MK and Skullgirls casually for a long time. Been mostly playing Fightcade, particularly Street Fighter (2X and 3S) and VSAV.
TFH is not allowed, mods will delete threads made about it claiming it qualifies under GR15 despite the only thing really tying it to you-know-what being the artstyle at this point. You can at least mention it without getting nuked, but if you have a prolonged discussion about it you'll probably attract mod attention. It's a shame, it's the game that made the genre finally click for me in the first place with its tutorial and easy mechanics, and I hate having to go to (((that board))) to talk about it
>>
>>156822
>Is SF6 going to come out next year?
According to leaks, it was supposed to but it's in dev hell and they fired the project lead which is why they're doing an extra wave of SF5 DLC padded throughout 2021. I'd expect it in 2022.
>>
Can someone buy me SFV on Steam for 6$? Just bought a PC and I am drained.
>>
>>156822
tekken 8 will definitely come out and will probably be much better content-wise, but you might as well start playing it now since it's an incremental development game (that is, your skills will most likely not be made redundant in future titles). I don't know if you'll like it but it's my favorite right now although I didn't play soulcal
>>
>>156820
>which Fighting Game did you play the most this year?
DBFZ
I'm still ass at it and honestly I think the game is ass to a degree, but I still think it's very fun despite the issues
looking forward to Strive because of the (hopefully good) rollback. The game itself doesn't look that exciting outside of the visuals
>>
DOA6 because it's a casual fighter and all the toxic normies will stay in SF and Tekken.
>>
who's hype for tekken s4??? hope they really improve the netcode (and buff my main)
>>
>>158315
I want t8 already desu.
>>
>>157141
Punch planet looks cool
>>157365
Nice anon, I started with 3S. I really wanna like Vampire Savior but god damn the health bars really fucking suck.
>>156820
I've been playing Melee on rollback trying to get decent before ranked comes out.
I've been looking for a more traditional game with rollback to play but i've no idea. Tekken is 60gb and SFV sucks. I'm interested in nichejank like fight of animals or indie games but idk. Might jump into KOF on fightcade or something.
>>
>>
>>158458
>ad on a stick
disgusting
>>
File: kof99-illustrations33.png (31 KB, 304x224)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
I like V Special but I'm sick of its community and the series in general, so I've been looking for other games to play.
I picked up HftF recently which is actually pretty fun, but the game privileges gorillas and other mashing retards way too much. However, it's still the most enjoyable Capcom fighter I've played if only for its movement system and character variety. It goes without saying that it has by far the worst playerbase on FightCade, but there's people in my region to play and that's all that matters.
Played 2002UM all throughout the rollback beta. I've always been a casual fan of KOF but never bothered actually playing it for real, so it was fun to finally learn KOF and try out new characters. I may have discovered my potential third character a bit too late, though. I'm not really motivated to go play vanilla 02 on FightCade, as I don't see anyone from my region in the lobby and its presentation is an eyesore. It's a bit disappointing that 02UM got quickly overshadowed by +R's beta, but given that rollback is an anisoy meme I guess it's par for the course.
>>
>>158481
>given that rollback is an anisoy meme
It makes a world of difference if you can't always play someone with a good connection, or if you yourself have a bad connection. I can feel the difference in any fighting game that has it, not just anime fightans.
>>
>>158511
What I meant is that it gets pushed the most by poverty/anime players, in which both care a lot more about something like Guilty Gear than KOF and tend to be a lot more pedantic about it on Twitter. Of course good rollback is always appreciated, especially if your own region doesn't have many players.
>>
>>158552
Ah, understandable then. I do agree that the anime side of the FGC seem to be the ones pushing the hardest, though in the case of "poverty" I'm not sure what you mean unless it's just games that aren't popular, in which case it should be obvious why they find it more important to have good netcode; they're more likely to not have anyone super nearby to them
>>
>>158449
if you like Melee than you should give Guilty Gear AC +R a shot
rollback beta is running til the 16th and will assuredly become permanent at some point
it's also $3 on fanatical atm
>>
File: sf4.jpg (966 KB, 752x1062)
966 KB
966 KB JPG
Should I try SFV: Blonde Figher edition?
>>
>>156820
>Samsho
>KOFXIV
>tu madre
>>
I'm somewhat excited for Strive, not because I think it will be good by any means but at least it will be something new.
>>
File: 1601989598815.png (31 KB, 205x419)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>158481
>rollback is an anisoy meme
>twitter
Why does casual fightan attract so many sonic tier normalfags?
>>
>>158449
>Punch planet
eh looks and seemingly plays like PRBFTG and I'd rather just play that if I wanted that specific playstyle
>>
>>156820

Granblue VS
>>
>>158860
Isn't power rangers a 3v3 tag game?
>>
>>158929
yeah I guess you have a point but other than that they seem very similar
>>
File: 1574126065535.jpg (100 KB, 1200x1342)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>158930
>>
>>158934
tags don't inherently make a game feel that different. combos in both games look and seemingly feel the same. What is so drastically different about period planet that truly sets it apart? oh nothing
>>
>>158936
The only similarity is that they're indie fighting games. Power Rangers is more like Marvel with touch of deaths and strong mixups especially on incoming. Punch Planet wants to be more like Street Fighter with a slower game that focuses on whiff punishing and a more fundamental game. Power Rangers also has no motion inputs while Punch Planet does. They're so fucking different I can't imagine putting them next to each other.
>>
>>158936
Punch planet is literally just classic SF tho. I can't understand your view at all.
>>
>>159035
>>159045
fair enough I haven't played punch planet. Didn't know it had motion inputs
>>
File: 1602582030897.gif (668 KB, 429x369)
668 KB
668 KB GIF
>>159079
lay off the social media brain-rot faggot
>>
>>159089
I'm still not playing punch planet
>>
>>159098
We don't care lol
>>
>>159109
anon another good fighting game will come around. you don't have to settle
>>
>>159113
but I don't play anything made after 2010
>>
>>159114
but anon there are decent games made after 2010. you can let go of the past
>>
>>159118
>just pretending
>>
>>159147
>boomer doomer
>>
>>159162
what?
>>
Relevant? >>>/wsg/3615327

>>158862
I prefer DBFZ
>>
File: ChandelureDuel346-1.png (100 KB, 187x256)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
Assuming Smash doesn't count, I've been playing loads of Pokken. Chandelure/Rotom is a beautiful fighter/support combo for shutting down options.
>>
File: 1591644387684.jpg (439 KB, 1218x1614)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>161437
>game where you fight vs
>doesn't count
Pokken is cool but they fucked up not having shared screens.
>>
>>161837
The lack of split screen is a shame, but thinking about it constant switching between field and duel might be dizzying to some.
>>
>>162191
Not having the action contained to one camera for both players basically guaranteed it would never have a future as a spectator sport beyond the initial novelty. Which is death for any fighting game.
I think the split modes was a fine idea just badly executed in that regard.
>>
>>161437
Is pokken actually playable online or is the netcode just total ass?
>>
File: yz1.jpg (48 KB, 425x800)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I still play SF2 and SFZero. Sprites do something for me that 3DCG can't.
https://imgur.com/a/66BsbLn
>>
File: footsies_03.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
I've been playing footsies to warm up for rivals of aether.
My neutral game is one of my weak points, that and edge guarding.
>>
Any UK/EU fightcade players on here?
>>
>>162334
Yes even as someone who uses Wi-fi. It's not rollback but it's still very solid. I can count the number of actual mid-match DCs (not RQs) on my fingers even after 1000+ ranked games.
>>
>>162438
I don't trust you because you're a wifi player and you think "limited DCs" imply good netcode, sorry.
>>
I got SC6 because I wanted to get into fighting games, played it for a month and have realized that competitive multiplayer games as a whole might just not be for me.
I got my ass handed to me 99% of the time, even against equal rank and by god did I just end up being super bitter.
>>
I've been playing SFV, it's my first fighting game and I even bought a fightstick for it and I'm enjoying this it a lot. Used to not be able to quarter circle without getting mad and now I can do it well. I play Sagat and I'm trying to learn how to Kara Cancel and shit, is it hard but I'm not mad like I was learning how to throw fireballs, I know I'll get it with time and patience. I still suck ass at the game though
>>
File: ElOwXf8UUAU5x_D.png (266 KB, 640x480)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>Start playing my first fighting game forbidden on /vm/ a few months ago
>Recently gotten into +R and am already looking forward to Strive
>Now I want to try Blazblue, Skullgirls, KI, basically anything I can get my hands on
Fucking fighting games are so fucking cool god dammit I love this shit, I love the learning and improvement and gaining understanding of the game and outplaying your opponent. I wish so many were more popular than they were but apparently I'm a weird fucker for liking anything besides drunk Ultimate.
Picture unrelated.
>>
>>163014
Welcome to the gang.
>>
File: Charaimg_xanadu.png (655 KB, 763x621)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
I've recently been trying to get into KOF, and having a blast playing 98 with friends. I plan on getting 02UM in the near future, but I saw XIV on sale on steam. Is it worth checking out? I'm tempted to get it solely for how good of a deal the sale is, but I didn't know if it went on sale often (I see XIII for 5 bucks every other time i check the store). Is it a good game to get used to the MAX mode stuff in 02UM?
>>
File: tekkenstick.jpg (56 KB, 500x375)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Looking into getting an arcade stick for Tekken and KOF. Post good stix
>>
Anyone buy anything?
>>
>>164190
holy shit i didnt know this started. Definitely going to buy some new fightan
>>
>>164190
I'm getting +R and Melty.
>>
>>164308
You know melty's free, right? And that literally no one plays the steam version because the netcode is worse than the community-made launcher?
>>
>>164190
Is under-night any good?
>>
>>164584
Yes, surprisingly good neutral for an air dasher. The only thing I don't like is GRD gauge, and the heavy reliance on dash blocking for some characters. I'd suggest looking at the tutorials for both and if those seems like ok additions get it. You will need to have that shit on loick to be good,so keep that in mind.
>>
>>164186
HORI fanboy here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PtozG-dv3w
>>
Do you think other companies will put rollback on their games? I'm not expecting capcom to do it but kof98um or umk3 would benefit a lot from this.
>>157365
>furfag games not allowed
that's a good thing, even if it's a good game, it promotes degeneracy.
>>
File: kofum-7.jpg (378 KB, 640x480)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>Which Fighting Game are you excited for in the coming year?
Probably KoF2002UM since it has rollback netcode now.
>>
File: nekket.jpg (33 KB, 679x357)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>164186
got two of these for like $40 each, all these hori sticks from seventh gen use sanwa sticks and buttons. I use them on pc and saturn/dreamcast via brook adapters. It's a good option if you don't have enough money or time to build your own shit. Think as paying for a chassis that will last for years.
>>
>>164186
hori rap iv is good and cheap, but they have hayabusa buttons and stick which are a bit more sensitive than sanwa. Could also try the Qanba Obsidian which has sanwa parts and is a bit more expensive than the hori rap iv.
>>
>>164164
XIV ultimate edition is the lowest it has ever been https://isthereanydeal.com/game/kingoffightersxivsteameditionultimatepack/history/
>>
KoF14 wasn't that fun though. Not compared to 98 or 02
>>
>>164743
Furfag games are allowed, there's a two-month-old Rivals of Aether thread up right now and that game is so furry that some of the character designs make me uncomfortable. That one game isn't allowed because mods associate with MLP, if the stereotype was broken and it was treated as its own IP then people could talk about it all they want here.
>>
>>164186
Asking this question, but for hitboxes. I don't know where to look and the name-brand hitboxes are $200 which is just way too steep for me.
>>
>>164953
You could try to DIY a bitbox
>>
File: 1565119857795.gif (25 KB, 641x461)
25 KB
25 KB GIF
Most fun so far has actually been had with XX+R the past two weeks. Just a sudden burst of popularity with 90% of people having no idea what they are doing just like me.
>>
File: yz2mtg.jpg (44 KB, 500x430)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>164751
Nice I got two 2nd-hand HORI EX2s
>>
>>164953
I bought a hitbox arcade hitbox (the official one) i’m selling it tomorrow. I would recommend either paying more for a good quality one or just making a DIY one. It’s not worth the price when it’s pretty barebones and feels cheap.
>>
File: y1.jpg (65 KB, 720x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Anyone for SF2 ?
>>
anyone know if it is possible to run kof2002UM code mystics rollback on linux? My computer that had windows is too slow and only have my laptop right now.
>>
File: y1.jpg (134 KB, 1280x1034)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>165465
Anyway for SF Alpha online?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65PlW6EEc7E
>>
I'm definitely getting GGAC+R in the sale, but I'm stuck between KOFXIII or UMVC3. Which should I get?
>>
>>166222
KOFXIII has a larger player base and is playable with people in your region without parsec, can't say the same for Marvel.

Ultimately it's down to which gameplay you prefer though.
>>
what game do i buy for pc? i just want games with alive communities (ausfag so cant find many usually)

- soul cal 6
- mvc3
- bbtag
- unist
- ur choice
>>
>>166343
>games with alive communities
None of the ones you posted.
SFV, Tekken 7, MK11
>>
>>166360
ahhhh i play sfv and tk7 already and i hate NS games with a passion, thanks tho
>>
I'm kind of new to anime fighters but I enjoy them a lot. Which Xrd are people playing nowadays? I already bought R+
>>
>>166377
Rev 2. The GG playerbase will probably move back there once the +R rollback beta is over.
>>
File: IMG_20201115_173232.jpg (80 KB, 720x536)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
I have played a lot of 3s and garou these past few weeks, well 3s doesn't count since I have been playing it for years and get Matches pretty easily and also had a neighbor friend to play with.
but garou has been really fun these past few weeks I have learned its naunces, oses and kind of general meta game a little, but still am still a small boy in front of big bois who I get to play (frenchies) tho there are two or so french people who have tons of hours who I can easily go toe to toe with.
well hit b rank in both of them despite people dodging me and rqing on me
>>
Hey lads, don't play fighting games, so I need a third party to help me pick. Looking into getting a fighting game to play with my friend. We both thought guilty gear xrd revelator looked good, but neither of us know fighting games enough to make an informed decision on if something else exists thats better or not.
>>
>>165521
I would try DM Code Mystics Twitter. they seem fairly responsive
>>
>>166382
there's a decent community for Garou that plays on Steam and FC2. great game. But yeah, I wanna be able to go toe to toe with the frogs eventually
>>
>>166386
GG is really pretty, but it'd be really heavy for two first-timers. The good thing is you're both starting from the same place, so, no matter what you pick, you'll probably both have fun. In terms of good "starter" fightan, I'd recommend one of these three.
>Samurai Shodown
It's a slower paced game with little-to-no combo potential. That said, because the hits are so deliberate and committal, each one is satisfying and critical. Great game to learn fighting game fundamentals in, especially essential basic concepts like spacing and punishes.
>Under Night In-Birth
If you liked how Guilty Gear looked in terms of gameplay, UNISTCLR is pretty similar, just a bit slower and less complicated. It has the BEST tutorial mode in any fighter, covering basically everything you need to know about not just the game itself, but fighting game strategy in general. Simple controls, air dashes, flashy combos, a huge variety in playstyles, and GREAT music (worth it alone for the OST desu). It's a game even my non-fighting game friends like playing. (Might be a hard sell if you're not a weeb, though)
>Them's Fighting Herds
The biggest barrier to entry is, obviously, the art style, but when it comes to fighting games that anyone can pick-up and play competently, but have a high enough skill ceiling to be engaging and deep, this game's one of the best. Flashy combos are easy to perform with the universal launcher opening people up. L/M/H attacks, but the fourth button's function changes drastically based on the character you play, so that also adds a fun layer.

But like I mentioned, as long as you're both starting from the same place, pretty much any game you guys pick up will be a ton of fun to learn together. Consider yourself lucky, anon. That's a really nice thing to have on your side.
Good luck.
>>
>>166416
Appreciate the effort anon, I'll talk to my friend and make sure we venture towards other avenues. Although we won't close guily gear either considering we both like a challenge. Samurai Showdown looks quite fun.
>>
I just got into Tekken 7 and I heard that there is a wifi indicator somewhere so you can decline those matches.
Thing is I can't find any info about how that indicator looks. Can anyone show me what to look for?
I'm playing on PC by the way if that makes any difference.
>>
>>166416
>>166386
I think Xrd is relatively easy to get to an intermediate level in.
It's quite mash friendly, and you can get away with just having a strong offense to cover your neutral/defense, which is arguably harder to master. You'll still get blown up by good players, but it makes mid-level gameplay with friends pretty fun.
>>
>>166757
Wired looks like bars that go from left to right in height.
Wireless looks like the universal wireless icon. If you're not sure what that looks like, search it up. I'm not quite sure how to explain its shape.
>>
>>157365
>TFH is not allowed
God damn it. It's fun but the visuals are unironically a gatekeeper. The game is almost perfect, the damage output just needs to be a little bit higher
>>
>>166909
>the damage output just needs to be a little bit higher
The sheep can almost touch of death as is (last I checked the record damage in training mode was 4588 damage when the weakest characters have 4800 health), if they buffed damage we'd start seeing OHKOs from Oscar and Hamit. I'd only approve of a damage buff if combo potential was lowered for the cast, and that'd piss off a ton of people.
>>
>>166913
Well shit I don't play enough then. I've barely seen any sheep players. It's mostly that dragon character or Arizona that I see the most.
>>
>>166915
Yeah, dragon is super popular because of how analogous they are to rushdown heavy anime games like Mahvel. They have the lowest damage in the game on a per-hit basis so if you see a lot of them then I can see why you think the game's damage is low. Basically all the characters besides her and the deer can lay on thick damage though, and the deer is a zoner so she's not trying for huge combos anyway (unless you're Fivebyfive who plays her really aggressively).
>>
File: Clipboard03.jpg (670 KB, 1920x2605)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
>>166909
>but the visuals
I think the lack of characters hurt more. There's only 6. SF2 strarted with 8 world warriors.
>>
>>167061
Remember that Ryu and Ken were literally identical (other than their throws having slightly different frame data which was probably an accident) in vanilla SF2, so it was only seven if you think about it.
>>
go and fuck a horse, don't masquerade your fetish behind a video game you faggots. stop talking about furfag games
>>
>>156820
With season 4 released Tekken 7 now basically dwarfs all the other actual fightan on Steam holy shit
>>
>>167389
Not everyone who plays that game is a horsefucker and it's a different IP anyway. If you want to talk about a different game I don't know why you aren't already
>>
>>157377
What do I get in return dingus?
>>
>>167737
Help the dingus, you get the dongus
>>
Ok, never really played a fighter before, I'm trying to get in to Melty. How do I learn this shit? Is there some kind of universal " Learn to do this, then this, then this." For fighting games?
>>
>>167803
Anime fundamentals are different from fundamentals in more grounded games like Street Fighter or 3D games like Tekken. Even though it’s for a different game, the general information from this Guilty Gear fundamentals guide can be applied to Melty as well.
https://www.guiltygear.se/guilty-gear-fundamentals-1-neutral/
The most important thing to know that every subgenre of fighters shares is when it’s your turn to block, and when it’s your turn to go on the offensive. The universal RPS of fighters is Block beats Attack, Attack beats Throw, and Throw beats Block.
Check Mizuumi for Melty related stuff.
https://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Melty_Blood/MBAACC
You are using the community edition, right?
>>
>>167806
Yeah, I'm using the community edition.

Eventually I'd like to try Skullgirls and one of the older Sprite based street fighters, I guess what I'm learning now will apply more to the former than the latter?
>>
>>167811
Sort of. It’s a tag game, so it’s got all the bullshit associated with that.
>>
>>156820
i've played melee rollback so much. I'm really excited for GG strive.
>>
>>167803
Once you learn a fighting game you basically know them all, it's mostly just learning a different gimmick or special thing for each fighting game which doesn't take long
>>
>>156820
I've been grinding the shit out of 3rd strike
>>
File: 1848878-jedah6.gif (23 KB, 320x176)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
I wonder if this was ever considered as a playable character, or just a background element. Would have a distinct flavor compared to rest of the cast. Also it made sense in dream logic Morrigan wings + Demitri hemoerotism = Jedah, so Morrigan sleepy + Demitri bat form = gross fetus.
>>
File: EWonO1qVAAAFjg6.png (12 KB, 534x400)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Kyantachads WW@? Are you excited for rollback netcode?
https://twitter.com/Kasubisha/status/1328755590856724481
>>
>>164743
Rollback is a shitload of work to basically make an extra frame and a half of lag tolerable when like 90% of amerilards are playing in a 4 frame+ ping shitstorm.
>>
>try to play fighting games
>get 3 friends into it
>learn their patterns
>streamroll them
>they don't want to play anymore
WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN
>>
File: file.png (169 KB, 236x422)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
How does Birdie's V-Skill 2 work?
>>
>>168157
Are you pointing out their mistakes and coaching them or just steamrolling them? Are you also pointing out the good things they do, whether that be a good read, solid defense etc.? It takes encouragement to git gud if you're not personally motivated to get into the genre, you need to nurture your friends so they can learn to love the game.
>>
>>156820
Melee and Rivals, all day every day. If you have any good platform fighters that aren't Smash games, post 'em.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (62 KB, 500x750)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>168168
Play a better Birdie like in SF Alpha
>>
>>168168
Bafael has a bunch of different videos explaining each VS2 in-depth. Here's Birdie's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAHS-q_lGK8

>>168524
Holy vappa
>>
>>164743
UMK3 is already on fightcade
>>
>>166382
Why are the French so good at 3S? Jesus Christ
>>
>>168574
my shitty ISP blocked fightcade years ago and there's nothing I can do, I've tried everything and I'm not the only one suffering from this. And yes, the other ISPs are worse they still use a dial-up to adsl system.
But thanks I'll check it out at my parent's house.
>>
>>168171
I give them advice and tell them their good points they just get disheartened and rage quit...
>>
>>164584
No
>>
>>168574
It has like 2 players and its not arcade version
>>
>>168628
I was taking about garou. there is small community of french people who are really good at the game and have contributed to game knowledge like wiki and stuff a whole lot, garou discord is one of the better ones there is like no drama or anything and tons of stuff to know about the game.
in a tournament called stunfest 2012 they also invited jap players. there used to be active garou us player whose probably the best non jap player called nocturnal. there is another super good us player who have the highest rank on fc he's also from usa. its pretty amazing for few us players to get this good since those guys don't get to play local or anything.
as for 3s us believe it or not is super good, there are lot of strong active players, few I would say could stay toe to toe with japs.
>>
>>168836
by us I meant USA
>>
>>168810
>its not arcade version
Yes it is. For a while MK1 and MK2 didn't have the arcade version but those are up too now. It currently has 17 players which isn't a ton but it's enough to get some games in.
>>
>>168810
https://www.fightcade.com/game/umk3
it is though
>>
File: 20201129.jpg (161 KB, 800x1120)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Why is SFV netcode so bad?
>>
>>167777
Quads confirm prostitution
>>
File: Spoiler Image (91 KB, 778x641)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>169228
It was a one man job and Capcom really has no idea what they're doing. It's just retardation.
>>
If your fighting game doesn't count "Down, Forward" as being a quarter-circle motion, your fighting game is shit and not worth my time. It's unfair to people playing on pad where it isn't uncommon for the diagonal input to not register.
>>
File: chen-rbf2.png (5 KB, 96x98)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>169497
shut it fat thumb
>>
>>169497
I don't know if I agree with this but I despise fighting games that don't accept "back, down-back, down-forward, forward" as a half-circle input. I play on keyboard and because most games lack input scrubbing to make simultaneous opposite directions neutral, holding forward, back and down doesn't register as down. This isn't a problem if the neutral down input isn't required but when it is they become far more difficut to input than they should.
>>
>>169497
I have almost never had this happen to me,and i play on pad.
>>
>>169520
Its really easy to do half circles properly. I had a similar issue when i was trying out keyboard for fighting games, but it took me like 5 minutes of practice to grt it down properly 99% of the time.
Unironically just practice it a bit.
>>
>>169526
I've spent hours practicing inputs including half-circles an still can't. I just don't agree with you, having to manually release the back key and then hit the forward key massively complicates the input compared to when you can in other games press back, down, forward, relase back, then release down to perform the input; both input scrubbing and being able to input 4136 would fix the issue without harming intentionality, and there's no reason not to do one of them.
>>
>>169228
i'm not so sure if its that bad or if it's just WiFi niggers shitting everything anymore
>play against a dude with a 1 bar connection across the ocean from Spain
>it goes just fine
>for him too apparently since he re-matched both times
>matched with a allegedly 5 bar connection immediately after
>it's a complete shitshow
>>
>>169541
no the netcode is fucking garbage. it still lags if you mash
>>
>>168524
Alpha Birdie is objectively bad
>>
File: 20201129.jpg (76 KB, 850x1511)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>169590
>>169228
Pandemic exposing fighting games with bad netcode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkvL-QLZo8Q
>>
>have a close casual game, down to the wire
>end up losing
>opponent leaves instead of running it back
Is there a worse feeling?
>>
>>169930
>smash a guy 7 games in a row
>he unplugs his cable for the 8th game, frame delays jumps all over the place and he ends up winning
>immediately leaves like he deserved that win
>>
File: mon.jpg (30 KB, 400x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I gonna ask here since the generals in /vg/ aren't the best place to go.
I've played lots of fighting games before and could play them perfectly fine (I use a pad since I never tried stick and have a regular controller to use so why not use it for fighting games too, worked well enough). But I've had a problem where I have difficulties doing inputs in the left direction, so say I can do a DP but it's harder if i'm facing left, I think it has something to do with the way I hold my controller but I honestly have no idea why I have this problem. Anyways I can still manage to do most things with practice to get around this. Recently I got SFV, since I have a friend that plays it, and now I really am having issues, particularly doing the crit arts really quickly during a combo. Like before I can manage it with practice but a couple things in particular I simply cannot do, like Juri's light DP into immediate crit art. So I can do the moves fine facing one direction but facing another direction I can't do it fast enough or correctly. Anyone else have this problem or know of a way that I can fix it? I kinda don't want to buy and learn how to play a stick just for this.
>>
>>169497
The only one that counts that is mortal kombat, because counting the diagonal helps prevent you from getting a QCF when you're trying to do a forwards command normal after crouching, which is especially important in games where you chain standing and crouching normals.
>>
>>162438
>being this retarded
>>
>>170215
can't you just buffer the motion input during juri's DP? input errors is usually an error of technique, so you should probably turn on the input display and see where you're screwing up. start slow and keep working at it
>>
>>168701
You're probably an awful teacher
>>
>>170215
>I've played lots of fighting games before
>could play them perfectly fine
>now I really am having issues
>I can do the moves fine facing one direction but facing another direction I can't do it fast enough
Format your posts nigger, trim it down to shit we need to know.
Anyway how is possible you claim you've never had this issue but now you do?
Are you saying you're now on a new controller or stick?
What dpad are you using?
It's a common problem with new players and its also a common problem with broken controllers. Like the other anon said, start slow and speed it up and don't use trash controllers.
>>
I always felt a bit out of place for learning early fighting games on a keyboard and sticking with it. I really don't see how a stick is better than being able to hit any input instantly at any time. Hell, I used to do buffered 720s some time ago.

>>170273
No, I'm going through the same thing. I'm playing with a good friend but as soon as I start winning and trying to tell him what happened and how he can counter it he just wants to stop playing. It's kind of disheartening as I want to learn more about what we're playing but he doesn't care enough to do that.
>>
>>170288
have you considered him just telling him how to flat out beat your character?

also keyboard is legit one of the best controllers for fighting games especially if its one as autistic as tekken
>>
>>170291
I try to, but his execution isn't that good. Not that mine is either, but I'm looking to improve it. Maybe I should just give up on playing that genre privately and start joining lobbies.
>>
File: 1588730246608.webm (890 KB, 950x470)
890 KB
890 KB WEBM
>>168691
Where the fuck do you live
>>170288
I'm not trying to aggravate you anon but you sound like a terrible teacher, maybe autistic. It sounds like they have zero passion for what you're playing. If you want him to play inspire him or just accept he's not into it. Likely all he's hearing is some fag listing off ways that he sucks. And yes keyboard is bullshit.
>>
>>170298
>It sounds like they have zero passion for what you're playing

It's possible, we're just trying new stuff since we're burned out on 4 player coop shooters.

>Likely all he's hearing is some fag listing off ways that he sucks.

Pretty presumptuous, anon.
>>
File: 1601974207023.png (3 KB, 800x450)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>170300
>as soon as I start winning and trying to tell him what happened and how he can counter it he just wants to stop playing.
>>
File: 1605681969435.jpg (165 KB, 1280x924)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>170308
The wording wasn't that great and I'm tired. When I win he doesn't feel like playing anymore regardless of how much I try to help.
>>
>>170309
Then beat his ass until he doesn't want to play ever again or he decides he's going to get good. Just don't do it while being a condescending cunt. He obviously doesn't care so why bother.
>>
>>170309
what game are you two playing?
>>
File: 20201206.jpg (157 KB, 1340x754)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>170215
Just practise. I had the same problem cos I only play on the 1P side. Used to jump over to get more side back but decided to just get good on 2P side. Took about a month though.
>>
Why is robocop bad, it's not fair bros
>>
>>170394
GGXrd
>>
>>170598
Is he bad? I just got the game this month and I've had more success with him than the other characters I've tried. Granted I'm obviously trash at the game and I can't even do a combo longer than like 3 hits yet; is he just really punishable against someone higher level than the average public casual match?
>>
>>170643
>introducing a player to the genre with GUILTY FUCKING GEAR
No wonder he's confused anon. I don't think you need to roll out the "simple" games like Fantasy Strike though I've personally had some minor success with getting friends to play that game but even among anime fighters you could ease them in a bit more, use something that doesn't have quite so many systems players need to worry about at once.
>>
>>170672
It's not our first rodeo, we've played 3s back when ggpo still existed, it's just that 'air fireball' and 'invincible reversal uppercut' is more straightforward
>>
>>170674
How long ago did you last play, and did he play any fighting games in the mean time? If there's been a gap he might need a refresher on something simple, or alternatively maybe he's just not into anime fighters. Not all fighting games appeal to everyone, maybe the more aggressive nature of GG is what's turning him off rather than difficulty with the mechanics, and something like SF is closer to his comfort zone.
>>
>>170675
We haven't really touched them since then. We've also tried rivals of aether but it's kind of the same outcome. But oh well, there's plenty of other things we can do, it's no use forcing it if it isn't fun for the both of us.
>>
Post THAT figthing game that needs more love

Pic related btw, Super Climax Heroes
>>
File: file.png (1.68 MB, 1279x683)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
I've been playing Fantasy Strike, good game, not what I'd want most fighting games to be but cute for what it is
I'm honestly impressed at how much some players have labbed out combos in this game though. The panda has a fucking touch of death on all characters except the golem (and this might not even be the most damage you can squeeze out from him), my jaw hit the fucking floor when it happened.
>>
started enjoying sfv recently
>>
>>171428
I recently got back into it and been enjoying it
just wish there were less teleporting matches
>>
File: 20201206.jpg (114 KB, 638x768)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>171450
Get Capcom to implement good netcode
>>
I played lots of T7, but I dropped it a month ago for kof02UM.
I'm loving that game, even if I'm getting trashed online.
I kinda wish to have someone experienced to teach me how to play it
>>
File: 20201213.gif (363 KB, 200x112)
363 KB
363 KB GIF
>>173807
KOF Basics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75Lz1Drp8g
>>
>>173918
Thanks
>>
>>172715
my connections are msotly good when I filter out ps4 players
>>
I've never played a fighting game before but I want to pick one up as a new game to play. Should I go with SFV or MK11? I know that MK11 isn't the same as most fighting games but it seems fun from what I've seen of it.
>>
is there a rollback netcode fighting game where I can play endlessly against somebody (so long as they're up for it) with virtually no delay between matches?

I played against a guy in Tekken 7 for like an hour and it was annoying enduring the long "Versus" loading screen between matches, but that was the closest thing I've seen to that.
>>
File: iu[2].jpg (358 KB, 1138x692)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
I've been meaning to buy one for a long-long time, but finally bit the bullet and bought a Mayflash Sega Saturn USB adapter.

I've had my Sega Saturn since the 90's and, honestly, haven't played it much in the past 20 years. I'm eager to see how it feels playing fighting games with it on my pc.
>>
>>175186
Anything on fightcade
>>
File: 80783837_p0.jpg (794 KB, 884x1188)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
Fightcade 2 Download:
https://www.fightcade.com/

Complete Fightcade 2 Rom Set (file needed is "vsavj.zip"):
https://mega.nz/folder/RVN1TKpZ#G8UbcCOGIuxkGGFf4ma1Gg

Resource For Learning Vampire Savior:
https://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Vampire_Savior

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.