[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 94 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fju17eG.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Which (actually) unpopular tf2 maps do you love? For me, it's Hoodoo and Snowplow.

No 2fort, Turbine, Hightower plox
>>
>>145910
Doublecross
>>
Pingus
>>
>>145910
cp_blackmesa rest in glory
>>
where do i download ajycck
>>
>>145910
Arena Offblast.
Actually, all fucking arena maps. I wish this gamemode existed. It was very fun in a casual setting but is retarded in true competitive unless you have proper round rules and restrictions imposed.
>>
>>145911
Doublecross isn't unpopular
>>
Fastlane
Well (both CTF and CP)
Granary
Yukon
(honestly all 5CP maps are fundamentally fun)
Mercenary Park
Steel (best map in the game, too bad newfags can't learn it)
Watergate
Hoodoo
Standin
Banana Bay
Doomsday
Hydro... for aesthetic reasons
Also, >>145945 <<- this.
>>
File: cashworks.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
some seriously based taste in this thread
also, I will never understand how cashworks didn't take over the world like upward/badwater
>>
pl_cashworks

why are you losers listing OFFICIAL MAPS?
>>
I’m a huge vsh/freak fortress fag so my favorite maps are shit you’ve never heard of
Pic related is dust_showdown
Some other favorites of mine include 2tower, egyptspot, and abandoned_warehouse
In general they’re pretty open since sniper doesn’t oneshot, letting you know where the boss is at all times, and having a variety of places to set up a defense
>>
File: 1598146592099.jpg (15 KB, 300x240)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>145910
I don't even remember the name of this map but I remember it was huge in the early days of TF2 then pretty much disappeared. Everytime I see it I immediately get flashbacks of 2008.
>>
File: spectator_0.jpg (327 KB, 1920x1080)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
Also pl_2fort. I only got to play it a handful of times but it was a blast. All the problems with 2fort were gone.
>>
File: orange citadel.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
All of Orange's derivatives that aren't meme shit like 1000x mod 50-floor tower or whatever the fuck.
One I really want to revisit was called orange citadel. It's completely vanished off the internet. Also all the Orange maps with tunnels running through them and really did something different were great honestly. I miss the golden era of orange spinoffs.
>>
>>146890
ctf_Convoy, also had a 5CP variant
>>
File: Hydro.jpg (765 KB, 1680x1050)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>145910
Hydro
>>
All zf maps, the shit is kino.
>>
I love banana bay
>>
>>145910
Cp_Standin, the greatest map ever made
>>
>>146964
Zombie fortress was easily the most fun I ever had in TF2 and it fucking hurts to see it completely dead.
>>
File: 1536754124478.jpg (28 KB, 607x607)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
landfall, hellfire
also fuck the guy at valve who removed mini crits from the direct hit in mannpower
>>
>>145910
Hoodoo, and Hydro. I know Hydro is shit, but I still love it. Everything feels so grand. Arena holds a special place, but too bad it doesn't exist anymore.
>>145975
Any servers run custom maps like this? It looks really nice.
>>
File: Junct_01.jpg (216 KB, 1600x1000)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
cp_junction
I don't understand the hate besides it having a low ceiling
>>
>>146894
Damn, this one takes me back. I used to be a regular on a really popular community server way back from 2008-2011 or something with all sorts of maps but huge focus on orange maps, citadel was a staple on there.
>>
>>146439
based VSHchad
also yukon is GOATed and gravelpit is good if you aren't fucking retarded
>>
>>149906

One of the most fun moments I ever had in TF2 was spawn camping junction with a full team of Engies.
>>
>>149930
Is it available online anywhere? From what I've seen it completely disappeared from the interwebs.
>>
>>146922
>>149893
Hydro was my shit, loved playing it on 360 TF2
>>
File: gigach.jpg (28 KB, 500x500)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Suijin, Doublecross, Gravel pit, Doomsday
>>
>>145910
cp_granary
>>
i miss cactus canyon
>>
rd_asteroid
That map was the comfiest fucking map in the game and they just threw it into the shadow realm. Fuck valve, seriously.
>>
>>150310
I tried looking for it but cant find any working download links either unfortunately.
>>
>>150459
What happened to it?
>>
>>150509
They never finished it, and it's now gone4ever after removing the ability to play indev maps
>>
>>150514
The fuck? That's ridiculous, just fucking finish the goddamn map. It was actually one of the few new valve maps I really enjoyed. No wonder I see it less than hydro now.
>>
I loved steel and there's nothing you can do to take away that from me
>>
>>145910
>hoodoo
>unpopular
>good

pick none
>>
What are some TF2 servers?
>>
File: communityservers.png (148 KB, 1530x600)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>150601
Here are your choices:
>Achievement server
>Trading server
>Custom Gamemode server
>24/7 server
>E-celeb servers
Casual queue unironically saved TF2. It'll never be as good as the golden age of community servers but it's better than the shit we have today.
>>
>>150626
>Casual queue unironically saved TF2
Casual is what's responsible for killing community servers you dunce.
>>
>>150626
>matchmaking kills community servers
>wow, community servers sure look bad, this is why matchmaking is good

Anon...
>>
File: 1460729912475.jpg (108 KB, 534x820)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>150628
>>150629
IT WAS LIKE THIS BEFORE MATCH MAKING WAS ADDED.
IT'S LIKE THIS IN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING COMMUNITY DRIVEN GAME
>>
>>150635
Nope. There were shitty servers always, but in 2014 valve no longer allowed getting put in community servers by default in quickplay, which slowly began to kill them from there. Then in 2016 Matchmaking killed them for good because now you don't even have to use the server browser to get put in games.
>>
>>150635
I've made friends back in 2007/8 that I still talk to this day. I don't even know if I've made more than one or two off matchmaking games. I might as well play against bots with random swear words piped into the chat.
>>
File: 1460222339370.jpg (64 KB, 960x960)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>150641
I know I'm right because I quit this game in 2012 because I was sick of this shit back then. I only started playing again this year and the community servers are almost exactly how I remember them, except maybe crit sandvitch and noobstf2 are gone. You can look at any other Source game/mod and it's the same story. ZPS is 24/7 cabin/church. PVKII is 24/7 island (unless the devs host an event). Valves change didn't do anything but let people play other maps besides the 6 community favorites and give shitters a scapegoat.

I vastly prefer GOOD community servers but they have all been shit for almost a decade now.

>>150656
That was the golden era. Vastly superior to casual queue but it never lasts. It always devolves into the shit we have today.
>>
>>145930
>unpopular
The /v/an plays it weekly.
>>
>>148752
I actually really like Standin since you can go anywhere and get a good fight.
We played it on the /v/an last night, was great.
>>
>>146439
incredibly based post, i fucking love dust_showdown
>>
>>150560
>>145974
There needs to be more maps like Steel. 1 main objective supported by 4 more optional but critical ones makes for the best gamemode to experience TF2 at its fullest.
>>
>>145974
Agree on Fastlane, disagree on 5CP as "fundamentally fun". Not that it can't be super fun or isn't regularly but it's very limiting as a game mode. Payload and KotH are superior inherently in a general sense, 5CP just does fast-paced gameplay better.
>>
>>145975
I've only heard of cashworks a bit and I've never seen anything like your pic, wat iz?
>>
>>146894
I don't know if I ever played this specific map but orange variants were lit, even the basic ones were thrilling and the complexes were gold
>>
>>146964
>>149510
I guess it was effectively replaced by MvM, Halloweenshit and Mannpower, but there were some interesting aspects to that game mode
>>
>>149906
Never played this map, I don't understand the hate from a naive perspective. Nothing looks hateable about it, it's just small is all.Small probaby favours Heavy, Pyro and Engineer disproportionately, but they need a leg-up as classes go anyway.
>>
>>150489
Don't say that. Valve went senile the same way all businesses do eventually. Rember the good times, not the inevitable failure at the end.
>>
>>146890
>pretty much disappeared
bitch wtf are you talking about I still see this map around servers.
>>
File: hotel.jpg (32 KB, 640x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Harbl_hotel
>>
File: banana bay.jpg (20 KB, 521x292)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>145910
It is the top tier of the payload race tier
>>
koth_rainbow
>>
>>145945
I love Arena and want it to come back
People really like watchtower though and its fucking terrible
>>
>>145945
I want arena back so bad
>>
>>150635
>t. uncle dane fan
>>
File: 1599950940680.jpg (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>151595
>>145974
>>151595
>>151661
I miss you, arenachads
>>
>>151690
Arena is very popular in TF2 Classic if you want to play it but it's not the same
>>
>>151565
Needs a feature where if you push your cart too far too early it drops down the other side and you have to push it back up a way
>>
File: file.png (1.88 MB, 1920x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>151726
4 Team Arena isn't the same but it's some of the most fun I've had in TF2
>>
>>151102
I think there are a few good custom ones.
Can't remember any names now, though
But I do love custom maps that use cool gamemodes, like Steel-type, Standin-type, etc
>>
>>151595
All Arena maps should get KotH variants and all KotH maps should get Arena versions.
The only differences are spawn doors & medi-cabinets, health packs around the area, and a cap point.
>>
>>151675
No I actually played TF2 before match making unlike all these zoomers. I also played others source games and it's the same exact story. Cope harder.
>>
>>145910
pl_deadwood was really fun but I haven't played it in years.
>>
>>145910
Hoodoo and gravelpit for me
Turbine probably my #1 most favorite.
>>
>>146892
I'd love to play Payload Dustbowl. How did these madmen do it on the PS3?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06EsW7eT75E
>>
>>151974
pl_dustbowl exists, man. And it was a damn good idea.
>>
>>151864
How does 4 Team mode handle minicrits?
>>
>>151565
based
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 301x168)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>146439
comfy as fuck desu, used to frequent a server filled with a bunch of my lads, we all knew each other and had a blast playing it for hours on end. Admins pulled the plug on it like 2 years back.

Pic related, best vsh map
>>
>>153789
Too vertical for my tastes but it’s decent
You didn’t hear it from me but there’s a ledge you can stand on in the dropdown to the right of red spawn that’s insanely good for brass beast heavy
>>
>>145910
banana bay
>>
>>145974
>Fastlane
>Hoodoo
I want to give props for Mercenary Park and arena but these are just unforgivable
>>
>>151918
cp_upland, cp_sulfur

>>151919
Not really, koth maps usually have connector areas between spawn rooms and the point which are important to the flow of koth, while arena just has the spawn rooms connect to the "arena" directly. A lot of arena maps would need more than a couple doors added to their spawns to make them suitable for koth. Also the point designs follow different philosophies - suijin has a god awful point because it was originally an arena map, where the cp is a last ditch measure to end the round if someone's stalling. A lot of arena maps have these shitty points because you're not meant to fight over them.
Regardless, Valve doesn't care about the nuances of the two gametypes anyways as evidenced by how many arena-turned-koth maps they've accepted.
>>
File: 98127.jpg (85 KB, 800x599)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
unpopular in the sense that its a custom map, but I think it used to be fairly popular a long while ago
I only ended up playing it like 3 times, but man it was a blast
>>
>>154015
I just don't want good maps to rot because they're Arena.
>>
>>154074
arena maps are pretty frequently being run on tf2classic servers. Some people hate them but I've had a shitton of fun late night on nucleus
>>
>>154192
I don't really want to play Classic, I want regular TF2.
I want to use the Direct Hit.
>>
>>154021
Gave this a quik search;
>capture all the points clockwise to win, race against the enemy
Sounds excellent, a really interesting take on the 5 CP format / That one map with three points where you must take and hold all three to win
>>
>>154021
>>154352
Been trying to look it up for a while now, unsurprising no results on Youtube and the phrase "CCP Circlejerk" draws up a specific argument about reddit, shudder.

Doing some more research, yeah this map is literally as old as the game itself, which is incredible. So many gems right back in the early days, now forgotten. Would love to at least see some play footage.
>>
I really like pl_cranetop because of the James Bond reference.
I used to play 2tpl_mine_alpine 24/7 servers and knee all the differences in all the versions of the map.
>>
Mercenary Park. I love all of the nooks and crannies you can get into, and the aesthetic of the map is top-notch. The secret room right next to BLU's first spawn is outright cool, and the final point has a third access path most people aren't aware of. Every time I play it, I discover some cool new feature or strategy.
>>
>>154214
sorry bro can't have everything you want
>>
>>145910
Always love myself some dustbowl
>>
Powerhouse. It's got the PVP that 2fort has but the map is much better.
>>
>>145910
I love most TF2 maps
>>
I love yukon but nobody plays it in EU

also kinda off-topic but my tf2 gets stuck on parsing game info no matter what server I try to connect to. The only way I can connect to a server is by using VPN which makes my ping unbearable. I haven't been able to find any solutions on the internet. (I'm on a public network but other games work just fine)
>>
File: 73905.jpg (269 KB, 1600x900)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>145910
for me
>>
>>145910
For me, it's Mann Manor.
>>
>>155557
Interesting, is this an old map?
>>
>>155586
Mann Manor(/Mountain Lab) is shit and it's quite possibly my least favorite map in the entire game.

A: Amorphous clusterfuck of two teams trying to basically grind each other down in an overly simplistic open environment
B: Complete steamroll for BLU, every time
C: Junction-tier impenetrable fortress

It really shows that it's a late Valve-designed map. It doesn't have the level of sheer refinement that most added community maps have.
>>
File: 1564687369919.jpg (256 KB, 600x1266)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Speaking of Junction, what are some TF2 maps that literally NOBODY enjoys?
>>
>>156494
>it's a late Valve-designed map
2-3 of the original 6 maps are the campiest maps in the game.
>>
>>156496
PL_Yourmum
>>
>>156494
Bah, I enjoy engineer gameplay on both sides.
>>
>>156494
Have to agree, Mountain Lab has always played out as a total clusterfuck. The A/D CP model totally loses out to Payload, and this map highlights it perfectly.
>>
>>156736
>The A/D CP model totally loses out to Payload
5-Payload (e.g. Badwater) > A/D CP > 2-Payload (e.g. Goldrush)

A/D CP can be good when used correct, like Egypt or Gorge or even Mossrock. All of these maps are characterized by a simple structure of 2 large arenas (around the control points), with connective tissue with multiple entrances/exits between the arenas. That's how you build a good A/D CP map.

Mountain Lab is not that, though. It's one massive open space (A through B) that leads to an insufficiently interconnected couple of tunnels that go into C. The result is a meatgrinder that's closer to Dustbowl, only without the years of dust2-tier familiarity (and with way too much walking for BLU).
>>
>>156496
ctf_sawmill

The KotH and Arena (RIP) versions are fun. The CTF version is just fundamentally broken with an inappropriate map layout and what is quite possibly THE worst designed intel room in the entire game.
>>
>ctrl + F
>cp_cloak
>0 results
>>
File: 1570788684807.png (1.5 MB, 1130x1345)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>156777
>A/D CP can be good when used correct, like Egypt
>>
>>156777
I can't disagree with this desu, since I've thought for a while that the problem with 5 CP stems also from a lack of "connective tissue" as you put it, alternative routes and pathways between major game stages and off-the-beaten-paths.

Strongly agree that 2-Payload maps don't work well. In general the whole "multiple stages per stage" thing never made sense and was an early experiment in TF2's design that was wisely left behind, much like Hydro while was this blown-up. Shame though; some of those maps have aesthetic and game play appeal, trapped without overall dysfunctional formats.
>>
>>157248
I'd still have it this way than any other way. You can still play the maps if you wanted to once in a while. Devs nowadays just don't bother and go with the safe and boring maps.
>>
File: ac_magicschool.jpg (78 KB, 512x384)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>157358
Reminds me a lot of a obscure game I use to play which basically was an FPS that let people host maps if there were no admins on the servers. The devs neutered it in favor of appealing to clan faggotry, so every single map was a boring balanced stale piece of shit. No more maps like the hogwarts recreation. Just nothing but Counter-Strike imitations.
>>
>>145910
Banana Bay is the best map in the entire game. I think it's well liked generally but no one fucking plays it.
>>
>>156496
FUCK SUIJIN
>>
>>145910
Harvest
>>
>>157248
>In general the whole "multiple stages per stage" thing never made sense and was an early experiment in TF2's design that was wisely left behind
this is a smoothbrain take disguised as big brain "I know game design" fart-huffing, the extent of this criticism boils down to "it's weird" and thus fundamentally flawed. multistage is used to break down particularly rigorous smaller sections and create a campaign for players who get enjoyment over long form experiences. 4-5 point payload maps work similar but are continuous, but neither are inherently better than each other. the breaks provided by cp_dustbowl are well appreciated in between each spam gauntlet. The only misstep with multistage maps is they applied the format to the first payload race map and thereby fucked the gametype into eternity.
>>
>>157358
Sorry I'm not sure I follow, have what "this way"?
>>
>>157405
If you are so sure that your take has the right of it, why do you feel the need to preface it with a futile load of bile and pee-pee-poo-poo words? Do you expect anyone to take your view seriously, which you clearly seem to want, after that beginning?
>>
>>157510
Developers willing to take a risk with different map ideas while also letting the community pick and choose what maps they want to play.

Generally these days FPSes have samey BALANCED FOR DIGITAL SPORTS maps and don't even allow modding in the first place.
>>
>>157511
not really I just wanted to call you a retard, but good to know you're also a redditor
>>
>>145910
cp_powerhouse,today I had a 2-hour long match and it was tiring but marvellous
>>
>>150626
Finally someone reasonable enough to admit it,I miss community servers too but the matchmaking was sorely needed to modernise the game
>>
>>157543
Well I totally agree, but why did you say this in response to my post? Did you mean to reply to a different one?
>>
>>157580
t reddit tourist who thinks he's stealthy
>>
>>157595
It had nothing to do with modernization. It's the fact that community driven games always devolve to shit, because retards who want to put their brain on autopilot and play the same 2 maps take over.
>>
>>158034
Oh yeah that's an important reason of course;the people advocating for a community-driven TF2 are fools
>>
>>158029
oh shit he used the t. meme, I bow to you oldfager
>>
>>158075
Damn right, cunt.
>>
>>158027
Well no, you mentioned Valve experimenting with different map designs. I'd rather the devs take risks and let the community pick and choose, compared to how it's done in the present.
>>
>>158125
Where? I noted that multi-stage Payload maps were a failed experiment and that I'm glad they're not really in development anymore, which is a very different thing.

At the present, it's mostly nothing done at all, which is the most terrible shame at all. Experimental content > Formulaic content >>>>> Drought.
>>
>>145910
Lazytown. It's practically the only map i play.
>>
>>145966
just happens that nobody ever plays it.
>>
>>158255
Remove 2fort from your map selection and 4 times out of 5 if you're playing a ctf map it's doublecross
>>
>>158255
Maybe on shitty community servers.
>>
>>145910
Cp_Standin is literally the greatest map ever made and its now impossible for me to play it ever again
>>
>>158846
I played it today and had fun
>>
>>157405
What the hell are you talking about Gold Rush being multistage fucking over Payload? Payload is one of the most popular pub gameplay modes now. Whatever damage Gold Rush did when it was the only Payload map has been undone by maps such as Badwater, Upward, and Barnblitz in the years since.
>>
File: wooooooow.png (97 KB, 362x492)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>158900
scholarly reading comprehension, try again
>>
>>159337
He addressed 100% what you wrote. Work on your english and try again if you meant something else.
>>
File: 12947289462.png (132 KB, 328x305)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>159435
goldrush isn't payload race nigger
>>
File: 1532295706369.jpg (14 KB, 333x279)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>159728
No one, NO-ONE, is talking about Payload Race. Get a fucking grip.
>>
File: 12896429841.jpg (66 KB, 672x712)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>160007
>>157405
>The only misstep with multistage maps is they applied the format to the first payload race map and thereby fucked the gametype into eternity
>>
>TC could have been great if they just reworked it a bit to make it less stalematey
>instead the gamemode is cursed to be forgotten about entirely for the rest of time
I still love Hydro regardless of its glaring flaws.
>>
File: OH-hoo!.gif (352 KB, 500x508)
352 KB
352 KB GIF
>>160042
>here, look at this no-one talking about Payload Race
>>
File: 1591175754886.jpg (20 KB, 265x227)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>160247
weaksauce bro
>>
>>160187
Hi Ace TheOcarinaMaker.
>>
>>160381
It's true though, Payload Race still wasn't anyone's topic of discussion even then. Feels like "relevancy" is a skill that needs levelling up around these parts.

>>160729
Does ATOM genuinely hold this view? I remember I used to find him entertaining but gradually found him annoying.
>>
>>145910
Hydro. It's the bomb and it'd be fun with an actually full server but nobody ever wants to play it.
>>
>>161430
What's fun about stopping and starting the server every 2 minutes?
>>
Game died for me with matchmaking update
>>
Question:

Has anyone made a REVERSE upward where blu have to push from the center of the map out to the old blu starting point?
>>
>>145910
For the longest time I never knew Dustbowl was as unpopular as everyone makes it out to be. I know for compfags (AKA part of the cancer ruining TF2 to begin with) its one of the worst Valve made maps there is aside from Turbine but damn it its always been fun as fuck even if your team of noob pubs is getting curbstomped.
>>
>>146922
based and checked
>>
>>161918
Not that I'm aware. Map wouldn't play very well without modification. Every stage of the map is geared towards the defense's advantage in normal play, which is essential in balancing the natural advantage of offense. By just inverting the terminals, offense would gain an insane advantage and defense would get creamed.

I mean, you could set the timer to like 30s / 20s / 15s / 10s for initial and the checkpoints, but then it becomes too do-or-die to mean much.
>>
cp_train
ctf_train
>>
>>156496
This needs a koth variant for minis

Also, lakeside_event is ruined forever since boss truces and no-one in their right mind would enjoy playing on it nowadays
>>
>>145910
cactus_canyon before they removed the second stage

also ctf_hellfire, mannpower is underrated and miles better than pass time despite having clearly less work put into it
>>
>>162067
Dustbowl is a meatgrinder but it's a fun meatgrinder. Being able to turn around a stomp as defense by waiting out the game is fun, and matches can get tense as hell. It takes one moment for defense to falter for Blu to take advantage and win, so everyone has to be on their A-game for defense and offense and ready to push at a moment's notice.

I also like the TFC version of Dustbowl despite being even spammier due to grenades.

>>163206
lakeside_event is horrible because it never, ever fucking ends due to Merasmus' ridiculously high spawn rate. He's fun once or twice per match; not seven fucking times. You can barely cap the point before he reappears and resets everything again. I have no idea what Valve was thinking by adding truce mode to such a frequently spawning boss.
>>
File: spinel.png (350 KB, 1005x567)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>>145945
>arena offblast
I miss it so much you won't believe. There was also one arena map that i loved so much found in the old Randomizer Arena servers that was set in a factory, which was also just as good.
>>
File: 1381132821805444.png (327 KB, 631x461)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>157595
>modernise

That's right, if it's new it must be better, it's literally impossible for a newer thing to be bad.
>>
>>157595
Just kidding guys my opinions suck like how I suck wieners omnomnom
>>
>>163213
I suppose most people take one look at the Mannpowerups and think "wew, there's no way these are balanced". Would you agree with that sentiment?
>>
>>163446
Oh yeah I would agree it's mostly unbalanced and ""tries"" to fix it by duct-taping a lot of shit to the base gameplay (uber on spawn, crit revenge powerups, a shitload of buffs/debuffs exclusive to the mode)

Although you can pretty much always find a powerup that works with your specific loadout/class and makes you just as broken as the rest of the playing field, so it's kinda balanced in that sense? Still sucks when you're the schmuck that just joined and need to take down the fag with 400 points and the king powerup, but overall I consider it a very comfy gamemode to fuck around in.
>>
>>163458
It does sound pretty comfy, if I still had a gaming setup I'd probably tickle my fancy and play a few rounds right now. Tbh I'd want to discover the broken possibilities and milk them for all the yuks it's worth. What are some particularly gravy combos you've used?
>>
>>163458
Just discovered something - apparently they changed a bunch of stuff in Mannpower rather quietly in the background of the Halloween update. Medics can no longer ride grappling hooks? Seems pretty big.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/October_1,_2020_Patch
>>
>>158846
i remember really liking this map when it first came out, i haven't really played it much since
>>
>>163818
Plague Spy is a classic since the debuff melts enemy hp and can only be removed by medkits.
Heavy works well with most powerups due to his already high HP pool but vampire/reflect basically makes you unkillable.
Haste is hilarious on most projectile weapons due to the fire/reload rate increase.
Knockout demoknight was a hallmark but it got nerfed in the ground like 3 days ago in the patch after the one in >>163821

(found out about engi being able to insta-deploy yesterday, it's kinda useless since you can't carry buildings when grappling around tho)
>>
>>156494
>It really shows that it's a late Valve-designed map
but it isn't
>>
>>163861
Interdasting, thanks for the feedback. Plague Spy does sound fun, how about Plague Scout? Can Spy infect players while invisible? If so, that would be bullshit and not fun for the enemy.

>Reflect on Heavy
See, at a glance this seems like a weak combo. Heavy's big unqualified advantage is his huge HP, yet Reflect sets everyone to 400 so surely it's just straight better on other classes. Heavy's Minigun is pretty good once spun up but spinning is such a bitch. I have never played a game of Mannpower so of course if Reflect Heavies thrash then that's that, and in the face of that I'd have to search for reasons why. Maybe the continual fire rate of the Minigun, plus the fact that it isn't hard range-limited like the Flamethrower, allows Heavy to grind down anyone better than other classes, just by standing there, daring the enemy to hurt themselves and then quickly finishing them once they hit ~80 HP or less.

Apparently the insta-deploy's been nerfed recently as well, to merely a quick deploy. It's useful for Rescue Ranger Engies, since the RR is the kind of ability so powerful, useful, interesting and distinctive that it should fit base onto the class.
>>
>>151110
>>149930
>>146894
god orange maps were the best friday night map rotation
>>
File: Arena_byre_b40007.jpg (1.05 MB, 1920x1080)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
For me, it's Byre.
>>
File: gigachad aaaa.jpg (218 KB, 1000x1117)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>ctrlf
>no pipeline
What the fuck?
plr_pipeline is greatt, especially the first stage when you can kill newbies across the gate.
>>
>>151540
based
>>
>>151128
fucking where
>>
File: cp_degrootkeep.png (226 KB, 512x286)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>145910
cp_degrootkeep
>>
File: Capture.png (2 KB, 399x45)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>146894
5cR0kfr3pc/cp_orange_citadel_b1_bsp
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 299x169)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Cactus Canyon
Loved playing pyro and just airblasting people off unfinished cliffs Good Times
>>
>>151595
Kids today don’t have the patience or mental capacity required for arena. Same reason why instant respawn is so popular on community servers. Gameplay without consequences.
>>
>>152052
What do you mean? Exactly like in normal tf2.
>>
>>156496
I don't know anyone who unironically enjoys koth_king.
>>
>>169420
I enjoy koth_king because it's so easy to demoknight there. But that probably counts as "ironically" enjoying koth_king.
>>
>>169400
You mean the game where RED team's minicrits are *yellow* and BLUE team's minicrits are *green*
>>
>>169455
Would you say it's spcifically easy to Demoknight there, or just easy to ply one's trade as any "close-ranged rush attack" class?
>>
>>169420
I like king but I can't tell if it's due to nostalgia or koth being my favorite game mode overall
>>
Brazil, it ain't so bad
>>
>>170515
I like Brazil. Good Scout map.
>>
CP_WARPATH, BITCH
>>
File: Black Scottish Cyclops.jpg (1.23 MB, 5000x5000)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>156496
I don't believe that anyone actually likes Turbine for a reason that isn't just "It's good for farming stranges". Playing the map is like smashing your head into a brick wall expecting it to break
>You can't use the exit from your intel since you'll either be instakilled by either the enemy Sniper or by a Level 3 Sentry that's been placed right at the exit
>You can't use the exit from your spawn due to sentries and sticky traps that are both impossible to see without taking damage
>Spy is usually ineffective due to Pyro's almost always being around and the maps smaller design making it very likely that you'll get bumped into, found out, and immediately die
>The vents are way too claustrophobic, being nearly impossible to get through without taking damage
>When you get close to the vent exit, Soldiers, Demos, and Pyros can stand on the stairs leading to their balcony at a certain angle and just brainlessly spam it with rockets, pipes, or flares, almost completely nullifying the point of the cover you're given
>If you survive all of that there's also a Level 3 Sentry on both sides of your balcony with a Pyro ready to airblast any attempted Uber push away
>You essentially need to have a perfect push with multiple Ubers just to try and get rid of the multiple sentries at mid
>Have to do all this while also defending your intel, so you get games where you either focus solely on defending the intel and get spawncamped by a Heavy/Phlog Pyro/Solider/Demo or you focus on not getting spawncamped and lose the game because no one is defending the intel
>Have to do the same to them if you want to win AND also have to push into their intel 3 separate times
>>
>>170377
Both, really. koth_king has those ramps that make it easy to shield-fly (I forget the "official" name), but it also has a weirdly structured point that makes it very easy to play pyro/heavy as well.

I don't even hate it. I think 85% of the reason why isn't more popular has to do with the fact it doesn't have a lot of verticality so tryhard soldier mains can't jerk themselves off to the thought of juggling helpless engineers.
>>
>>151128
The only servers still running it are completely dead at all hours of the day
>>
>>151864
I really hate 4 team arena, it encourages people to not fight and run away the entire time hoping other teams kill each-other. Domination is way better
>>
>>172283
Sounds like you can't escape mediocre servers. Both noob and more experienced servers don't have these problems. Noobs don't know how to exploit all the little shitty gambits in the map, and the better player isn't interested in that from a casual map.

Turbine is simply very well "mined" in its contents by now. Hence the popularity of weird variants that really long meme map and such.
>>
>>172319
Trimping, my friend
>>
>>172801
Never heard of that game mode before today. On reading about it, it sounds very similar to a mode I dreamt up some time back, which I called "Groundbreaker".

>Three capture points, each team starting off with one and a neutral point in the middle
>Whoever controls majority points steadily earns Ground points, with a full triple cap worth the fastest rate
>Win when maxed out

All that stuff about a "jail" under the map and whatsoever is unfamiliar to me. Got any video footage of a domination map in progress?
>>
>>172801
Not really, especially not in a map as tiny as flask.

>>172823
Idk what jail you're talking about but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJ_K7yT3o4
>>
I only play 24/7 instant respawn 2fort servers
>>
>>168912
>cp_orange_citadel_b1_bsp
Thanks for sharing anon. It's way different than I remember, so I think that's a really early version of it. I actually tracked down the name of a later version but there's no download available. cp_orange_citadel_ste This might be a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohGh0t_5ag
>>
None of them because I play a much better Valve game: Dota 2!
>>
>>172933
Clearly a very different game mode to the one in the video. Thanks for the link.

If I followed correctly, each team builds up points at one per 5/2.5/1.25/0.625 per second based on the amount of ground currently controlled - sounds pretty decent, essentially like KotH and a smidge like the mode I sketched out. Got any more good footage?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.