[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 52 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The final server wipe is upon us, which means we can finally play without fearing to lose all your progress after that. Come and play the one and only Shin Megami Tensei MMORPG.

>When does the wipe begin?
In less than 1 hour, at 3pm UTC+0/11am EST. It'll probably take a few hours before it's back online.
>Where do I go to play?
https://reimagine.online/

So, /vm/nons:
>Your Build
>Your Alignment
>Favorite Demon
>Favorite Character, if you played Imagine before
>>
I know very little about Imagine, but I've played other MegaTen games. How does it play? How much of a grind is it?
>>
>>123513
Well, first, you can only have one demon summoned, since the game fights are in real time instead of turn based. You can control it at the same time as your character. (The first row of skills in my bars are my angel skills.) The leveling can get quite grindy after a while, but it's pretty much only useful for stats points and upgrading your maximum expertise points, which are used to learn skills and passives. You level up those expertises by doing things related to them, like using a bufu stone/spell for Destruction Magic. Gear is the most important factor power wise. There are also a few systems for crafting, enhancing your gear and demons, etc.

Other than that, it's pretty much a classic SMT game with a story and all, and a good one at that imo.
>>
File: SMT Imagine UI.png (2.15 MB, 1920x1080)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>123527
forgot pic.
>>
>>123527
>>123529
Interesting. How are new demons obtained? Can you swap demons in combat?
>>
>>123538
Works the same as a normal SMT game. You either negotiate with them, or fuse new ones at the cathedral of shadows (double fusion, triple fusion, the whole schtick). There's also a few summon programs for some. And you can swap demons in combat, yes.
>>
>>123544
Alright, I'll at least check it out. Thanks.
>>
Server is back online.
>>
File: suginami tunnels.png (3.03 MB, 1920x1080)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
Lots of people in suginami tunnels.
>>
took me a day to remember my account details but I finally remembered
>>
>>124954
So, what are you planning to play first ? I'm playing a Synther/Enhancer.
>>
File: robin.gif (978 KB, 500x265)
978 KB
978 KB GIF
>Shotmage
>Neutral
>Atropos, Moloch and Nyx because every demon that's not Black Maria or Xmas Angel are all the same after getting carried by demon players in WC
>Snakeman
>>
>>125024
in the aeria games version I played a gunner and in the reimagine beta I also played a gunner so this time I think I will try a mage of some sort
>>
>>125701
You could always try Magic Bullet, that's pretty fun. That's what I played before switching to Synthancer.

>Synthancer
>Lawfag, probably
>Angel, Clotho, Pixie
>DB Kuroe
>>
>>125794
Well, MB was what I did in the beta. I should have said that. Something about it made me specifically wish I was a mage, but I can't remember what.
>>
Been meaning to try this out, is there a guild system or something similar?
>>
>>125875
Yeah, it's even recommended to be in a clan since a leveled one gives XP and stats bonuses.
>>
>>125881
Oh that's awesome. Is there a /v/ one around?
>>
>>125891
Try to catch Kyane, Ruri or Aile to enter the Apostles of Aura. We're a bunch of .Hack fans that used to play .Hack Frägment online on /v/. Clan is still level 1, but I didn't see a single clan with an herald yet (lvl 3) so I don't think it's that important for now. I need to sleep myself but maybe you'll be able to get Ruri or Aile.
>>
>>125898
I'll get it installed now and maybe try to hop on later today. Would be cool to play with some fellow .hack fans.
>>
>>126258
Aight, I'll be online for a while.
>>
I thought this game died when the servers shut down years ago, nice
>>
just finished installing it
any tips for beginners ?
>>
>>126835
This. I have also never played a SMT or Persona game.
>>
>>126835
>>126840
Do the Acts, they give you nice little bonuses and you get your Devil Buster License, required for some things like high level dungeons. You can also do the novice area quests (in golden area in Home III). You can mix 5 cracked gems with 250 magnetites to get 1 to 3 normals gems, that you can resell for 5000 maccas each. Ask me in-game (Kyane) if you need more infos or just use the shout channel to ask your questions, most people are friendly.
>>
>>126893
I can also make you integrate our clan if you want to.
>>
File: Avalon Sword III get2.png (3.44 MB, 1920x1080)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB PNG
That sweet, sweet +10 to INT and LCK is gonna be a godsend for synthesis.
>>
File: gs.png (468 KB, 500x637)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>123486
Guess I'll check it out. I've played a bunch of SMT games but don't know much about Imagine. Any fun?
>>
>>127106
That's pretty much an online classic SMT. Got your demon negotiation, fusing, a little story, etc. Pretty fun even solo.
>>
>>127111

How is the english translation? Is most stuff translated?
>>
>>127161
A big part of the stuff is translated yes, most of the things that aren't are from the JP updates we didn't get when it was ran by Aeria.
>>
How does this handle money transactions? Back in the day Aeria games was scummy as fuck and pushed a MTX system where you couldn't even buy stuff but had to rent it instead.
>>
>>127192
No MTX. You get Yagiya reports from doing dungeons. Said reports can be traded 10 to 1 for CP (Or used for expertise training with Toth). Bronze dungeons don't give a lot but just going from bronze to silver dungeons can net you a great increase in CP per run.
>>
>>127197
And you said that there won't be any more server wipes right? Is the connection playable outside of north America? I'm not very familiar with private servers, Imagine is one of the few MMOs I've played and I didn't get very far back then (I remember I got a free Surtr from a story mission and that's it)
>>
>>127201
Yeah, no server wipes anymore, they deem their code bug-free and stable enough for that. I'm playing from yurop and a few guys play from Brazil and Mexico, we even got JP players, totally playable.
>>
>>127205
Interesting, I'll give it a try once I have some free time.
>>
is there way to check latency in game ? feels like my movements are delayed 1 sec
>>
File: resources monitor.png (40 KB, 1118x593)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>127503
No way to check for latency in game, but you can always use the resources monitor for that. That much delay for movement is weird.
>>
Does it have any microtransaction bullshit?
>>
>>127585
>>127197
>>
any character build you can share? i want to shoot gun
>>
>>127650
Depends on what you want to do with your gun. You have the simple Shot expertise, or the Rapid expertise, which is a close range, quick bullets expertise. Then you have the chain expertise Magic Bullet, that can shoot elemental and status bullets, and also got the longest ranged shot. Afaik most people run of those 3 with the chain expertise Sharpshooter for increased damage versus various demon types. It's quite easy to respec under Lv79 so feel free to try them all.
You also can check the wiki http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Gunner
It's a bit outdated since we run on the JP version but you still have a bunch of infos that are still relevant.
>>
The thing I disliked about long range the most is that there's no AoE which made solo dungeons a slog even if you're 1 hitting everything
>>
File: ImagineClient_o3eRsmtD0J.jpg (416 KB, 1917x1080)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>127722
It feels pretty sluggish early but once you get quick load and faster incantation you clear rooms fairly quick with single shots than trying to allign spread shot for a multi kill
>>127650
Basically Rapid expertise for single target dps, Magic bullet Chain expertise for mobbing and a wide variety of types of damage at your disposal.
>>
>>127162
so how much is not translated?
>>
>>127922
Afaik, mostly the Acts past Act 16, and some items. Nothing that can handicap you.
>>
>>127867
I think I am going to try a rapid counter build and see how it goes. It looks fun.
>>
oh no shit? had my eye on it for a while but didnt get too invested because I didn't want to put in all that effort and have things wiped. Will reinstall.
>>
>>128582
Depends on what you mean by "need". The game use a 24 buttons hotbar, but 8 are always allocated to your demon and binded by default to F1-F8, which leaves 16 buttons for the player. You can't have more than that 1 hotbar on screen, but you can switch between 10 bars with up and down. Hope that helps.
>>
how are items gained? Most shit was gacha, or whatever it was called.
>>
how many character cards ?
>>
>>128899
Free character cards, so as many as the game allows.
>>128895
For now most of the CP gear we have comes from DESTINY. You can only have CP from exchanging Yagiya Reports you gain from dungeons, but there's no gear in the COMP shop. Afaik they want to reintroduce the Fortune Cards system for those but with a depleting pool mechanic.
>>
>>128907
I don't even remember cp gear.I remember the silver dragunov rifle, and the Beretta 93r with robocop muzzle, the silver 92f that x2 expertise where all buy to play and fortune card cowboy stuff. How is that dealt with? Like how different is jp dealt with items?
>>
>>128912
>I remember the silver dragunov rifle, and the Beretta 93r with robocop muzzle, the silver 92f that x2 expertise where all buy to play
You can't buy them why those were COMP shop gear, because you can't buy any gear in it. If they were buyable from standard vendors tho, you probably can, but good luck accumulating enough CP from running the dungeons since they didn't change the price of those. I'm not sure how JP dealt with items like this because I never played it while it was live.
As for the cowboy stuff, I don't know, but if it's from a Fortune Card, we will probably see it appear again from their future depleting pool fortune card system they want to implement if it's not too busted. For now we don't have the Fortune Card system in place, so we're mostly running on normal gear and the few CP gear sets you can get from DESTINY.
>>
>>128915
>Why those were COMP shop gear
IF those were COMP shop gear*
>>
>>128916
>>128916
no they were not comp shop I believe they website shop items think it called item mall?
>>
File: COMP Shop.png (2.21 MB, 1920x1080)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>128919
Then for now we can't obtain them.
>>
It's criminal that they added all these random items for pickup but never sold an inventory expansion. What were they thinking?
>>
>>129860
Inventory management is the real endgame.
>>
File: 20201006194416_1.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1072)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
It's Law time.
>>
>>130889
break the law
>>
if only it was possible to solo this game but it's sadly not
>>
>>132410
What do you mean? Isn't the entire game soloable?
>>
>>132414
nope, unless you are high leveled but grinding also is a pain and slow if you are by yourself
>>
>>132491
Well, grinding is the game and also the endgame. You're going to have to do it regardless if you decide to play.
>>
File: 5% chance synthesis.png (3.42 MB, 1920x1080)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
Finally succeeded in synthesizing a Ring of the Nibelungen. A few full moon mirrors got used on this.
>>
500cp worth of consumables for a 100% chance or 85k macca for a 1% chance to upgrade the summer embrace to the max level and all you get is 5 extra durability and 5% limit break chance lol
>>
how pay 2 win is this
how aids is the gear enhancement?
>>
>>134569
There is literally no way to give them money.
>>
>no strafing
>character doesn't rotate along with the direction of the camera
>>
>>134707
click to move is what you should primarily be using
>>
There's a quest from Alice in sugi that takes you to nakano and you get jumped by a strong setanta and then you have to fight a room full of normal monsters with a ton of hp. It's a chain quest so I'm afraid to do the next one since I wasn't expecting that from a level 25 quest. It was good dodge/counter training at least.
>>
So you can get 10 aphrodisiacs for free for completing Act 2 and all it costs is 5 soul shards. And right after that you can get 5k SP which can be put on the same quickly produced demon over and over
>>
File: Rakshasa.png (3.12 MB, 1920x1080)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
Truly the broest of bros.
>>
How easy is it to fuck up your build and can it be repaired? I like experimenting but I find with most MMOs you have to look up guides most of the time or else you're screwed.
>>
>>136485
You can easily change your stats and expertise with the Forgetful items under lv79, that costs maccas, and Lethe items+hourglass over lv79 for a few CP. There's also the bell of emptiness for unlearning skills.
>>
I've been running the installer for the past 2 weeks.
See you guys in december!
>>
File: Capture.png (233 KB, 925x590)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>136563

What the fuck.
>>
>>136571
what
>>
>>136563
>>136571
The download can be quite slow yeah.
Here's a chart for CP gains for the ones that need it.
>>
File: Capture.png (234 KB, 924x585)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>136571
>>136625

5 hours later...
>>
>>136896
Nice, maybe we can start together and become best friends!
>>
>>136896
>>136946
I wonder why it's taking so long for you guys
>>
File: gambling.png (2.37 MB, 1920x1080)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
Give me those coins for my expertise.
>>
how much space does this take up?
>>
>>138506
Takes just under 6.5GB on my machine.
>>
>>123486
time to give this a try
>>
>>138502
holy I thought it was rigged
>>
Do I get anything if do the tutorial or can I skip?
>>
>>138860
Assuming you speak about Act.0, not really. You get the xp you should gain from doing it if you skip.
>>
I noticed there is an option for a local server where can I get server files?
>>
File: 20201013_1537_20.jpg (1.38 MB, 1768x992)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
demi-fiend in babel
>>
File: 20201013_1546_29.jpg (1.39 MB, 1768x992)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
secret demon Persephone but I don't think she's obtainable
>>
How long does it take to get a Beelzebub? I really want one, wiki says Illusion of Death is only lv50.
>>
what are the best clans?
>>
>>123486
>https://reimagine.online/
how long is download?
running on parallels Windows 10
>>
>>140747
La Li Lu Le Lo, Foxhound, and Myst, maybe ? Not sure but they seem to be the biggest clans around. I'm mastering the Apostles of Aura, but other than Lofn in this thread it's not very active at the moment.
>>140827
Depends. The game is only 6.5GB, but some people take a very long time to download it.
>>
>>140835
Used to play this one on a shit toaster.
>>
Post ur builds
>>
Who plays synthesizer?
>>
>>140854
https://expertise.kuenaimaku.com?ei=25&ek=65&eq=70&es=70&ev=20&eak=10&oa=80&ob=1
That's my near future build for now. I'm playing an hybrid Synther/Enhancer.
>>140858
I do.
>>
Data dump for those who need it

Armor Sets - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GbbXYKkPAvjlXCkp5gq9CYzTRdQ1jSm78yrHNmLbHk8/edit#gid=736462810
Accessories - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13X4Plbp23K-Nv6Ys5EZJMSXu1ypy0H8mu5aLVv4fht4/edit#gid=1937057833
Weapons - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UTmeuDEFhPgY2AK3Gmy_uXuJelQLRw3pLpNQ9IKohDY/edit#gid=1093812207
Digitalize guide - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y7VLNgH6-vkvqleOJJIjE5PQflkxCOfWDXg-FaMrBYI/edit#
>>
>>126893
Any more useful info like this? I'm super confused on how to manage all my drops. What should I be keeping?
>>
File: The real endgame.png (2.42 MB, 1920x1080)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
>>143051
Hm, let's see..
-You can easily compress 50k maccas stacks into maccas bills within the comp shop, ATM section.
-Fighting Spirits can be exchanged for a lot of things in the Shinjuku Docks with Saien.
-Valuable Cards are traded to a Yagyia in Suginami Fields (X22 Y24) for items, mostly tarot cards.
-Broken IC Chips can be traded for Hack chips at Snakeman's room, to run Hack-COMP dungeons.
-The OOPTHS you get in dungeons can also be traded to the Yagiya near the dungeon entrance for reports. (That are useful for both Toth expertise training and CP gain to the Ghost from the Past.)
-Some gems are used for quests, like Opals and Rubies. Emeralds, Sapphires and Opals are also useful for the Avalon items. (30 of them + Vivian's sword in item mixing for an AVALON Sword/COMP/Rifle that you can upgrade further with reshape essences from the comp shop, Production tab, smithing section.) So if you don't need said items, try to bazaar them, you could get some pretty cash from other players not wanting to farm them. Gems are also used in demon crystallization, and can also by vendored for more maccas at the alignment cities.
-You probably know this already, but runestones are used in demon rebirth, to make your demons stronger.
-Melons are mostly used for a system named Demon Force nowadays, which can be unlocked in the Ikebukuro Cathedral.
-The boxes you drop (King, Queen, Ace, Jack) can have valuable items in them, so keep them until you have cards to open them via item mixing.
(cont.)
>>
>>143051
>>143071
-Ultimate summon orbs are boss box drops that you can use in certain dungeons to summon an alternate fiend boss. (Matador is Sugi Bronze for example). One of the most consistent ways to get diamonds. Careful tho, you don't get apples with those fights.
-Be sure to talk to the Yagi boy from both Snakeman's room and near the control room in Babel regularly during Act progression for items. Those silver medals you get from him with the other items are used to roll more items in DESTINY.
-Demon cards can be valuable items if you know how to pair them and trade them to card maniacs, they give various items in exchange.

I probably forgot a lot, but those are the main points I'd tell every new player. Don't forget, inventory management is the real endgame.
>>
>>143051
You can sell the gems to your alignment city for like 10% more. Some gems can be easily sold to other players for 9-10k each.
As for drops, I throw away all the red/blue/black/green whatever drill/egg/sand whatever stuff from field enemies. Only pic related are used for anything worth making as far as I can tell (field boss summon items & items used in a quest that gives you more expertise).
Some of the weapons you'll find in dungeons are used in weapon MODs so sometimes they're worth keeping to sell to people.
>>
>>143071
>>143073
>>143106
Wow, most of this is went over my head. I'm not even lvl.20 yet. I'll just screencap them for later.
>>
>>143271
okay but post more pixie
also dont forget to get the golden apples at the end of the dungeon. You can turn them in for xp to vivian who is also outside the dungeon and you can use an incense of experience to get more.
>>
Running CotW/Enhancer, got white marching, the Avalon gun, and a few pieces of Avatar 0 (or whatever it is, the magician set) sorta where I was pre-wipe, minus some cp shop stuff.
I feel like I've kinda stagnated with my damage, and I'm really not sure how to work on that, I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the gear upgrading systems that I've barely touched.
>>
>>143312
Thanks for the tip. Just on act 6 now but I'm enjoying the game so far.
>>
>>143494
my IGN is Lofn feel free to message me pixiebro
>>
Holy fucking shit, this game is still alive? I'll give it a try.
>>
>>143700
If anyone wanna play together just lmk! MMO's are more fun with people.
>>
server crashed so now I don't have to do more gold runs
>>
served ded, rebirthing my Rakshasa was too much it seems.
>>
>>143812
I can't believe you literally killed the servers and deleted all the data
>>
Server back online.
>>
Yesterday I tried doing comp hack 4-A by myself and that was a mistake. I sure enjoy being chain stoned/sleep/charmed for 5 minutes before being killed. You definitely need to have a group, aliment protection, or be really strong. I just wanted a Lucky Pixie (=´~`=)
>>
File: 20201018_1353_35.jpg (1.01 MB, 1900x1000)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>144085
> I just wanted a Lucky Pixie
Good fucking luck
I just did over 50 4-A runs and didn't get it, neither did anyone in my party
>>
>>144430
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
File: 20201018_2350_30.jpg (861 KB, 1768x992)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
>>144525
27 runs
>>
comfy smt onilne feels.
>>
is there a guild that /vm/ is all in?
>>
>>146096
Yes there is one that all of /vm/ is in and by all of /vm/ I mean currently two people and 4 ghosts
>>
I love SMT but this mmo isn't very fun, what do you anons enjoy about it?
>>
>>146965
it appeals to my autism
>>
Just got updated for the Halloween 2013 event here's a guide they posted but it's in moon good luck figuring out what to do
https://megatenonline.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E3%83%8F%E3%83%AD%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A4%E3%83%99%E3%83%B3%E3%83%882013
>>
oh cool imagine is back
i used to play a pure gunner
>>
> -Glittering Ores can be found as a prize drop through successful Talk of Insufferable Chatterbox demons.
whoever thought this was a good idea should be murdered
>>
File: 1585337414660.png (19 KB, 196x229)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Is there loads of main menus untranslated still?
I remember when I was first playing I accidentally released/unequiped a demon because the hover text wasn't translated so I had no idea what I was doing. Luckily the community is nice and good enough a player (GM maybe?) gave me an item to re-equip that demon but yea that put me off for a while.
Untranslated NPC dialogue is fine for me, just main menus not being fully translated sucks major dick.
>>
>>149439
Yes, all the main menus are translated. Some NPC dialogue options are not translated, many items are not translated, and a lot of dialogue is not translated. It's perfectly playable right now. If you can't figure out what something is, someone is usually willing to tell you what it is.
>>
I don't know what I'm doing. I got out there and started murdering pixies for no reason, also the begginers section gives me nothing since "I havent completed nekoth erradication" or something.
Also is there a secret chat? I played for like an hour and no one said anything, not even once.
>>
>>123486
Is that chink version still up? How does it far in comparison to this?
>>
>>150280
The beginners area is a chain quest. Talk to each of the npcs behind the counter until you find the right quest. http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Area
The wiki is good for a lot of things so you'll want to keep that handy. Basically, just do your Acts. Act 7 is minimum before you can actually do anything. Act 16 can be held off for a bit. Do Suginami Tunnels (Bronze) a few times to get 50 apples at the end. You can trade that into the NPC Vivian in dungeon lobbies to unlock the real apple trading for experience. Run dungeon -> get apple/reports -> trade reports for CP to ghost guy in the middle of home iii or at the fountain in babel -> save apples until you can afford 5x xp boost from comp shop -> turn apples in for lots of xp. You can also turn the reports into the demon Thoth right outside of the beginners area. 10 reports = 1 class of expertise. Max of 5 classes. Some expertise needs to be unlocked with a quest first.
Most people have left the Home III/suginami area. Also most people are talking in their clans/parties or offline. Some people talk in babel and will usually talk to you when you're partied with them. Most people are helpful and will answer questions. I'm Lofn so just message me if you have questions or need help
>>150449
dont know dont care game runs fine no payment options not much drama
>>
>>150449
Well I can't access the chink website so it's probably dead, and it was running the Aeria client compared to this one that is running the JP client. This one is running pretty well without any transactions possible and the people are pretty chill.
>>
File: fortune cards.png (87 KB, 644x544)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
Fortune Cards are now Online.(Discord, I know.)
>>
>Shadow of Paradion DT, Modern Outfit DT, Repair tool x5, Christmas citrine ring, wellgunde's ring
first 5 pulls from accessories card
>>
Is there a decent control scheme around? I'd like to control the camera and my character with the mouse by holding rmb ala WoW; right now I'm awkwardly turning around with wasd and it's a mess
>>
>>150850
You should be clicking to move and rarely using wasd. Just have to get used to it
>>
File: 1579482426719.png (1.64 MB, 1536x2048)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>123486
>Make character
>Realize I fucked something up
>25h until deletion :^)
Was enjoying what I got to mess around with today though. Can't wait to go full autism and grind like a madman.
>>
>>151033
Nice, we can make a party and do quest together for extra XP; I'm level ehhh I don't know probably 6 or 7
>>
>>151034
Won't let me make a new character until my old one is deleted. I may just make a new account real quick.
>>
Why is everything so slow? Just now the weapon shop gave me a quest to test his gun on 5 caith siths and come back to talk to him.
Then I realized I'd have to run over to the exit at 0.2 miles per hour, then find those fucking caith siths by running outside at 0.001 miles per hour, then kill them and then run back. Ez 20 minutes wasted.

I just logged out instead.
>>
>>151085
>Why is everything so slow?
Because it's an old mmo designed to make you want to buy speed boosts and teleports
>>
File: 1525602290892.jpg (519 KB, 1440x1080)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
Is there a prefix to get BIG Titania? So everyone knows I am a degenerate that wants to get stepped on?
>>
>>151689
There's a big pyro jack you can obtain in the halloween event going on right now
>>
>give stones to jack frost in act 4, thinking we'd be able to skip everything
>person doing the act can't do the skip
what's the point?
>>
File: 1595466607221.png (1.23 MB, 1250x1250)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>151794
That nigga ain't go no legs. I guess I'll have to make due.
>>
>>151812
you can just run quartz silver and let big titania beat you up if you want
>>
You jelly bros? I'm almost done completing the first 5% of the pokedex!
>>
>>152115
dang and you got the hard ones over with nice
>>
GM teased that something is going to happen to the Hospitable Pyro Jack that Appears in the Halloween party soon so make sure you get one
>>
File: 20201025_1831_44.jpg (1.01 MB, 1280x1024)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
I forgot to post this
>>
>>155454
So I guess most people are in that city wherever that is and that's why whenever I talk in Home 3 or whatever no one responds
>>
>>156107
Yes. Shinjuku Babel is the main city. It's smack in the middle of everything. Do your acts and it will take you there
>>
File: 20201103_2002_18.jpg (1.02 MB, 1280x1024)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>157862
Ok this is what you do: sell all that shit. Only keep ONE box, the default one.
>>
what happens if your rent box expires? Is all your shit just destroyed/sold/frozen in there so you can take it out whenever you want like a free box but you can't put anything in?
>>
>>157888
But, what if I need it??
>>157890
You can still take all of it out but you cant put it back in
>>
Is this the most alive dedicated /vm/ community / guild?
>>
>>157892
the clan is ded and no one has contacted me so I'm mostly just playing with someone else I know
>>
>>157900
:(
>>
>>157901
you can contact me anon and I can invite you to the new clan
>>
halloween event ends on monday hope you grinded at least 100m macca
>>
File: alp.png (291 KB, 655x353)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>
https://www.reimagine.online/news/post/50
>Persephone is now available as a demon. She can be acquired by exchanging 50 ザクロの実 (Pomegranate Seeds) to Anat after having completed the Rainy Days Never Stay quest.
>Increased stack size for a few items, some PGs, and all the DCMs.
>Max Movespeed boost has been set to +200% instead of +100%.
>>
i see shotguns on the wiki but i dont remember them existing on the US server
are they on the private one?
are they worth using on rapid?
>>
how come the intro is in japanese? plenty of people archived all the ingame videos in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IScn8BH0oq8
>>
>>162335
Yeah they've always existed. They work the same as handgun and rifles. The only difference is they have a different affinity. Most of the time it won't matter. You can play with just one gun type without noticing although at endgame you might need a few different weapons for different situations.
>>162379
They don't have the source code so for some things it might not be possible to change or it might cause issues.
>>
Wtf lads I used to play this game when I was a kid. People still play this ?
>>
>>163155
yes it's a private server
>>
well i was hype for this, then get to the shinigami plate and its just 20 people afk with nothing being said in chat just showing off their slut glams
does anyone ACTUALLY do the dungeon or are they all recruiting in the discord instead
>>
>>164593
what level are you breh we can farm dungeons together im 20 or 25
>>
How hard is it to get gear?
>>
>>164593
Usually people recruit in babel since that's where the most people are at any given time. There's only ever like a max of 400 people online throughout the entire game anon. Grinding dungeons is 60% of the game so literally everyone is doing them, but a lot of time they afk for a bit to watch something or to look something up. It would be great if it was like the old days, but there's just not that much interest in it like there was for runescape or classic WoW. Actually I would guess most current SMT/Persona fans don't even know this game ever existed. People don't usually use the discord for finding groups. Just for trading or talking about the game.
>>
>>164935
For a new player? That's actually a good question. There's a "starter" FC that costs 20 CP per roll. I think all of the armor sets in it give a general damage increase which will help out in the beginning. A few of the tickets in that FC would suck to get though. You could always look through player shops in Home III, Babel, and the Community Area (talk to green girl across from beginners area in Home). I see people sell certain tickets for really cheap just to try to get rid of them. They're not necessarily great armor but they'll help people get started. But, to buy them you need macca. Very early game you can sell gems you find in dungeons to shops for 5-6k each. Cracked gems can be item mixed with magnetite to fix them. I was having decent luck selling 10 gems for 95k in a player shop so you could try that too. So, for solo you could do Suginami Tunnels (Bronze) and get some gems.. but it would probably be best to progress a little and leech off of people running Nakano Underground Ruins (Silver). You need to be at least level 25 to enter it. It's easy and fast to grind there for CP so even strong players still do it and usually don't mind adding someone low level. Doing that gets you 15CP per run and some apples which you can turn in for XP. Once you get a little gear and some more levels under your belt, you could run Celu Tower (Silver) solo. There's a lot of loot chests there that are fairly easy to get and the boss room should be manageable solo too. Once you get into the sing of things, you can either grind CP to try getting better gear from a different FC or you can grind macca and hopefully buy the gear you want from a player.
>>
>>165119
I was an end game aerial player I wanted to see how many days it would take to get the end game gear or at least a YSA set. Can you solo SI or synth?
>>
is biology worth going for. It has skills like +20% HP -15% mp and +15% (ability) -10% other abilities. It seems really good for builds that can minmax like mages or gunners. It wasnt in the en release though so i dont know if anyone used it in jp
>>
>>165195
You can get 100% SI with 28k expertise. Would be on an alt. Alternatively, 50CP for a Ymir's Bone which gives 100% chance one time. Synth, sure, but also on an alt.
>>165448
I'm not sure but I think it mostly depends on your build. Going past 26k expertise takes time so anything past that is considered extra. I've only seen it included in core builds for Shotmage and CoTW
>>
File: 20201110_1551_38.jpg (331 KB, 1280x1024)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>
do you feel like things sell faster in the community zones or the ones near important areas like outside shops
fuck theres so many in the home iii community zone i dont think i knew this existed in aria EN
>>
File: 20201116_1323_12.jpg (1.03 MB, 1600x900)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
somethings going on
they all dissappeared after a minute so i guess i got blacklisted for asking
>>
>>167148
Let's do dungeons I'm level 27 and I can't beat suginami silver
>>
>>167148
wtf is the fusion gauge
>>
>>167181
sure message me or something i havent tried silver yet myself though
>>167183
talk to the bitch with the pixies outside home 3 and ask about fusion transfer skills. When a bangle says "stock +2" or +3 its more ultimates you can store on the fusion bar
I think those japs really did blacklist me i see invisible people charging rushes and magic with all the sparkles in nakano
>>
This game's combat reminds me of mabinogi.
>>
>>167229
yeah
the ranged play is better in this though. I remember when gunners released in mabinogi and the salt from the archers was INTENSE. The old archer skill had a long charge time, accuracy penalties based on range, accuracy penalties if you didnt release at the right time. Bows werent really in shops so you had to learn Carpentry too to make your own.
Then the mabi gunner comes along and it has constant firing no charge time, and multiple dashes for movement. And the guns were just pretty much available to buy anywhere. Power creep in spades.
>>
>>167245
I agree, I mean ffs you can get ninja skills now. The game has been fucked for more than a decade now.
>>
>>167181
dont know what happened to you but youll have to catch me another time im done for today
>>
>>167261
Oh I was playing, in fact you told me about thot and watched as I pumped myself up with reports and you said pursuit was a meme. I didn't see the message till I logged out tho, and I have to do other shit now.
>>
>>127680
How DO you respec anyway?
>>
>>167820
lethes bottles for expertise, hourglass for stats
in the COMP SHOP option on the shopping trolley icon
since its a private server you get the CPoints by trading in yagiya reports to the ghosts of the past instead of irl money
>>
>>167822
Thankya muchly.
>>
>>167148
you probably got blacklisted because weebs and japs are xenophobic elitists, if you asked in moonrunes they probably would have responded
>>
What are some doomed hybrids so I can avoid them? I had the cheeky idea to do melee/curse but I just slowed myself down to rainbow debuffs on things
>>
File: 20201118_0623_16.jpg (597 KB, 1600x900)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
good poem
starts off about the fall of mohammed then just 200 different lines about her being strangled to death in red type
>>
File: unf.png (1.8 MB, 1599x670)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
unf
sometimes the artstyle is terrible othertimes they make the perfect girls
>>
>>168468
>>>/wsg/3689753
>>
>>123486
I got a support heavy demon but it's just refusing to do stuff on it's own. How do I make it's AI kick in?
>>
>>168545
im having the same problem
also why does sometimes item mouseover text show you everything and other times just the name its so inconsistent i dont want to have to right click and go to desc everytime i just want to know what its stats are
In the shop menu the hover information is always on why cant it just be always on
>>
>Reset all expertise
>Somehow 1K points still in use

??? What ???
>>
is everyone just /wageslavetillsaturday/ in this thread
>>
>>169927
I'm a neet
>>
>>169927
yes
>>
>hey where's a good place and time to meet you for this trade? currently in zq run
when you're done just let me know and I'll meet you at babel fountain
>actually can you meet me in zq lobby in 5 mins? :)

why even ask
>>
File: aaaa.png (196 KB, 1739x729)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
definitely seeing the weaknesses in the old wiki as you get into "newer" content
who the fuck is this lin
i started and completed this quest without even meeting her and even the quest in your quest log says get it from lin. But i started and handed it in to snakeman. what is this "lins house" theres no fucking lins house in the residential area
>>
File: 1605233986698.jpg (208 KB, 610x900)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>123486
holy shit i remember this game, i played it like 12 years ago and even spent money on the shitty gacha, met so many friends and lost them just as fast, thought it died a while ago
>>
>>171029
sometimes it's better to use the JP wiki translated. Not always but sometimes. https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?client=tw-ob&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&pto=aue&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://megatenonline.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/Chain%2520of%2520Curse%25EF%25BC%259AAct.1%25EF%25BD%259E&usg=ALkJrhhq-yBETv7U7OYvc7KHI6WcBs6Lhw
I haven't done CoC yet but it looks like she's in the residential area which you can get to by speaking to the elevator attendant.
>>171048
It officially died in Japan in 2016. It started up as a private server in development in 2017/2018 funded by an autist who spent tens of thousands of dollars on the original game. All the people working on it to get it running and working properly are also autists who do it for free. It's the JP version of the game but with half of a translation.
>>
>>171057
>by an autist who spent tens of thousands of dollars on the original game
damn, well I can see why, it's SMT and also probably one of the only mmos i played that wasn't a wow/koreangrind copypaste, shame aeria ruined it, will dl it and play it later and maybe make some new friends at my age
>>
Will the game work fine if i have an Intel Core i3 (Idk much about computer specs)
>>
>>171057
i was looking in the residential area to begin with but it does mention needing a rank of DB licence to see her more than just C i guess.
Whats the point of adding her if you can start and end them at snakeman though.
>>
>>171061
I mean, it is really grindy. Just not in the same way as those. There's a lot of different systems to get in to.
>>171062
It's a 2007 mmo so idk maybe you can just download it and try it out.
>>171065
There's a door you can click on and enter two doors left of the elf looking girl Lorie. It's lit up a little more than the others. Says you just need Class C (Act 7)
>>
>>171067
holy shit youre right
how the fuck did people even find this the first time
>>
I'm glad you guys are having fun and working together, it's nice to see /vm/ have a strong albeit small community in a niche game
>>
Has the main story been translated in it's entirety? What about the Chain of Curse storyline?
>>
>>171332
when you go to someone itll be in japanese for the give me a quest text, but then the actual quest dialogue and video is in english
the main problem for us playing now is half the items arent translated and since both old wikis used now dead tinypic links you cant search by image either
>>
I'm at the part in the babel dock sewers where you need 5 or so different colored cards by killing floating robots AND you have to insert the cards in a specific way so you ned way more than 1 card of each AND the little shits don't drop them too often
>>
>>171473
ill come down and help
>>
did you already beat it theres no one down here
>>
whatever then, if anyone else needs them ill put them in the shop marked "loli loli loli" in the community area
>>
File: yes 2.png (6 KB, 1313x60)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
you and me both machine translated fc wiki
>>
>>171481
Sorry bro I meant I got stuck there a few days ago and stopped playing. I'd play now but gotta do chores.
>>
File: buy the dip.png (46 KB, 1109x450)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>
>>171470
Good enough. Goddamn I loved this game back in the day.
>>
>>171488
holy based shop name
>>171506
I think I've seen an item with that name and description in a bazaar before so that's actually correct. No clue what it does, though.
>>171526
FUCK Aeria games and FUCK Marvelous USA
>>
File: autism.png (218 KB, 322x821)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
dont do this
>>
>>172013
For me it's loli incest petplay
>>
>>172031
extremely based
is that what the gaggle of 40 people are doing near the shibuya/nakano exit
japanese loli erp. I want in
>>
never played this or any other smt before but I am giving it a shot. any tips for building a mage?
>>
>>172290
plan ahead, the expertise cap is quite low altough in the private server respecs are cheap wiki is here http://megaten.sesshou.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
what will really define where your build goes is which "chain expertise" you spec into and level more than the expertises themselves, which is unlocked by having your normal expertises at a certain level and they level by leveling those normal ones more.
For mages theres magic fist (sometimes called demolition dash) which turns you into a hybrid melee/magic aoe close range build; and curse of the wretched and enchancement as buff/debuff specs. Theres not really a build for pure magic damage in the chain expertise youd have to do some biology gimmick or something though the damage values on the aoes are good enough by themselves to wipe entire rooms if you build pure dps.
Also magic is your stat for spell damage and intelligence for buffs/debuffs both give MP
A normal expertise youll definitely require is magic control which quickly gives you -50% mp costs in its passives
>>
>>172325
appreciate the advice
>>
oh i forgot there is a pure magic build, "conditions of magic combat" which the only thing in its is some magic and crit buffs
needs Magic Control at Class 3-0, Crushing Technique at Class 3-0, Demonology at Class 1-0.
>>
>>172290
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N6Yy8qmYU9UqQ_IE9YyKrV0SGtAkQfZ0gFdYCkDvoho/edit#
Here's a simple mage guide someone made from before the wipe. I disagree with doing the pursuit expertise right now since our current gear doesn't help it very much and it won't do very much damage at all in the beginning. Once you know what you're doing and are decently strong, you can consider getting Pursuit. Also, it recommends c2.1 Enhancement for the pulses, but you might as well go for c2.5 for the ability that makes you immune to knockback and interruption for 30 seconds. One more rank of support magic should get you that. Coincidentally, c4 support also gives you Dekunda which is an occasionally useful, but not necessarily necessary, skill. Pulses from Enhancement increase your damage/defense by a percentage. 140 Int gets you the maximum buff, 70%. It also recommends CotW and says it is for clearing floors. That will not happen right now unless you specifically get gear and spec for it. It's damage scales off of the support stat, but it has a really low modifier. You gotta stack Int, support, Nerve Boost, and Shot boost to make it do a lot of damage. CotW is, however, useful for crowd control since it puts negative status effects on all enemies in a large range. However, enemies hate it so they will eat your face if you don't kill them quickly after using it. Another thing, Conditions of ____ Combat isn't usually included in the core build of anything since there are better ways of using the expertise when you don't have much of it. What it gives in stats can usually be gotten elsewhere.
>>
>>172448
>you need more than 67 luck to raise crit chance
what, or is that 67 at lv99 and it scales
>>
the delicacy restuarant in kakyo castle just turns you to stone for 5 minutes
"good" use of 20k
>>
File: help.png (2.55 MB, 1772x994)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>>
>>173115
this is your home now
>>
File: HELP.png (395 KB, 785x578)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
Am I autistic?
>>
>>173122
Once you get it to 100%, yes.
>>
File: aadawadw.png (2.17 MB, 1772x873)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
oh shit it is real
i had a lucky angel with me so i guess it helped
>>
>>173403
they just recently made it harder to win at the casino btw because people were macroing it too hard
>>
Is there a form of respeccing in the skill system?

Is there any cookie cutter builds if I literally don't wanna use a single braincell bothering with knowing what's good for a specific role.
>>
>>173410
i assume they meant the slot machines cause you can techincally watch the reels and skill roll them like pokemon
roullette is pure chance improved from a lucky demon
>>
>>173444
yes, low level buy forgetful waters from the magic shop, higher level lethes bottles
in the stat system buy hourglasses

turning your brain off is dangerous in a game where anything can 2 shot you if you actually let it rush you but buildwise gunner is pretty braindead, just level shot and rapid to max and unlock enough demonology and gun knowledge to unlock sharpshooter toggles thats it
>>
I always like to play the class that has so much utility they wind up being able to game content with MAD SKEELZ. played mage/hunter in classic and monk/bard in EQ for strong memery. what am I looking for here? SMT is my shit btw so you don't have to make too crazy of analogies to compare for me.
>>
>>173607
the game is heavy in buffs and debuffs , go mage
use the wiki and look at what the unlocks for chain expertise are. If youre going for memery youll want an intelligence/magic build with enchancement and curse of the wretched. Someone listed a hybrid build for that further up >>172448
>>
>>173635
yeah that was definitely jumping out at me on the wiki. either that or some kinda fucky melee-cc hybrid, but melee seems like it's not very sustainable unless you specifically use your hybridization for it.
>>
>>173639
if you level dodge and counter you can do some spicy things like stun/poison/turn to stone/paralyse disarm people who try to hit you if you want a tanky melee build that ruins peoples day by doing nothing or potentially win a fight by not throwing an attack at all
poison is pretty weak in this game though, the debuffs and buffs are devastating butn ot the poison
>>
>>173655
mmm that sounds like second character kinda spicy, once I know what the fuck is going on. I like where your head is at though. thank you for the advice, we out here schemin now.
>>
man i cant do shihos lab for shit even if i check the wiki for level order its always fucking wrong and i just get the flies
>>
>>173655
no one is doing PvP though and it's not worth it to use any aliment skill except erosion hex or the other cotw skill that's expensive to get. Counter is good but only for it's AoE Almighty damage counter. Gotta run a meme build for that like im doing
>>173679
dont worry it sucks just do daily mission and reset it with hacked chip-666 if you want also hard kappa david runs give the best xp
>>
>>173447
>Roulette and Kino have been made more difficult due to excessive macroing of the casino games.
>>
>>173907
ive won 3 times now from the starting 2k from the casino charm to fucking 30k what do you want me to say, if theyve made it harder that doesnt mean its fucking impossible
only play it when the jackpot is 10k+ so the odds are worth it
>>
website down
server down
panic
>>
>>173926
it's ogre
>>
it's never ogre
btw it's double xp/dp/bethel right now
>>
File: a.png (89 KB, 139x267)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>
https://www.reimagine.online/news/post/53
new update pretty good
gives people a reason to spam a different dungeon each day
>>
File: ram ranch.png (119 KB, 742x279)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
long hard throbbing cocks
>>
looks like its translated up to act 16
17 onwards is completely japanese, still thats been enough for me to unlock gold and diaspora
Is there anything interesting in the 10 pages of fat lore lord Doukan had in japanese
>>
the eternal cp grind
>>
>>178050
as soon as monday ended people started dumping 1000s of silver plates for shibuya quartz plates cheap . I bought as much as i could im set for 100 runs of it next monday.
If you just want the boss shibuya quarts is a sub 1 minutes dungeon
>>
>>178134
not really unless you have skanda also I hope you didnt pay too much for those plates since they're cheap and easy to make by mixing together magnetite and taurine drinks on an alt who has c6 medical sciences

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.