[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

File: 1589950333084.png (536 KB, 570x320)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
Does anyone still play this or know how populated the Japanese servers are? This is the last MMO I remember enjoying, I probably should try some new ones.
>>
>how populated the Japanese servers are?
You will never be Japanese nor live there.
>>
>>108325
That's not what I asked.
>>
>>108319

i'm installing this to cash in on some freebies before they expire if you wanna hang on an NA server
>>
>>108375
I'm not super good at making friends sorry but I'm interested to know what freebies you're mentioning. I saw that they're migrating the game's service provider to a different company due to En Masse shutting down, so I assume it's related to that.
>>
>>108376

oh no its from amazon games loot they give you a free necro dragon mount and a free loot pet

and a month elite status and some strong box keys idk what any of that is tho
>>
>>108378
Not him, is it all free, I don't need to give Bezos any money? I played Tera on En Masse's server, I might just start a new character there if it's permanent stuff and not temp.
>>
>>108319
I played this game when Manayas Core Hard Mode was the endgame, all the way to the RKHM/Awakening patches. The game is almost dead and I honestly wish they would release a "classic" server, cuz the new stuff has ruined the game completely.
>>
>>108319
game sucks idiot
>>
File: Capture.png (756 KB, 788x352)
756 KB
756 KB PNG
>>108319
I prolly play it until servers finally shut down.
>>
>>108763
sitting in town ERPing isnt playing
>>
>>108915
Fishing is still content. And I did that 24/7 to not miss one penny of gold and to max it.
Until Gameforge killed that by removing all gold rewards.

Damn GF, fix your servers. There was "Emergency maintenance" all day and now Mystel is down again.
>>
>>108325
You don't have to be Japanese, they're one of the most cucked Asian countries and they swallow white cock wholesale
>>
I play the xbox port lol. up until a couple months ago. burnt myself out and didn't learn the 5 star dungeons because no guild. but they're gonna add crossplay so maybe i'll be worth a shot again.
>>
>no Elin to suck your wholesale cock
>and the En Masse server is closing
fuck this life

>>108915
I've never seen anyone do this, and despite what I just said, I've never ERP'd myself. Having played both, XIV has a much higher proportion of these kinds of degenerates, even though you'd think Elins would attract more.
>>
>>109660
>even though you'd think Elins would attract more
What a dumb take. Lolicons like little girls, don't want to be one.
>>
>>108430
It's Amazon Prime "free" if anyone's still wondering. You can make an account and cancel it before the trial expires to avoid being charged. Amazon is persistent in asking if you're certain if you want to cancel it, without actually cancelling it, so be sure to finish rejecting their leaving offers.

also this is some sad shit at the bottom of the server migration announcement
>If you've tried all this and still need help, you can find a community of gamers on our forums
I know they were awful, but I'm going to miss En Masse
>>
File: Lisa IQ vs Happiness.jpg (16 KB, 320x240)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>108319
It died because like every other game before it that was stupid enough to remove PvP they did the same

RIP Tera.
>>
>>110058
>Wow
>Wakfu
>Tera
>Firefall
Lmao as i was writing this list i remembered firefall. You would call down "Thumpers" (These drills that would mine resources for you) while you protected them from other players. Other players would kill you and take the thumper's resources and turn them in.

They removed open world pvp so you sat and watched the thumpers for the 3 or whatever minutes and turn it in with no challenge whatsoever. Ofc the game died right after that.
>God developers are fucking retarded
>>
>>110064
Wildstar removed pvp before level 40. Essentially making the first 39 levels of the game (Hours for a new player) one giant boring tutorial
>>
where are all cute Elins?
>>
if someone from old terag wants to hang out here I left sign in Bastion with link to thread.
>>
>>111238
what the fuck did they do to this game
F one of the best MMOs
>>
>fey forest PvPing
was the only good part of this game
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 261x85)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
all in all it was a fun ride but dropping it for good was ultimately the best decision i could've made
the gear revamp to become bearable and then it all went down the shitter
>>
>>112172
started to become*
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVxvnF-6ULo
When did everything go so wrong?
>>
>>112758
when reaper was added
classic was so fucking comfy while it lasted even if it did have reapers
>>
where did the sluts go........
>>
>>112780
I very much agree on this. Sometime you got FWC without reapers or gunners and it was the best PvP game has ever had.
Apex was final nail in the coffin. You never again had frontline since every class now has insane mobility.

Also, why not delete mana from game. It doesn't matter anymore and you never run out of it. Even on reaper.
>>
>>113141
true, tera was always about cooldown management, not resource management
go play eso if you want that
>>
>>111675
TERA had the best PvP of all time honestly
guild wars, alliance, corsairs, 3s, it was all just so damn fun because you could 1 vs 5 all in the same gear and still come out on top. the skill ceiling was super high, but back then people didn't die as quickly as they did after reaper came out, so even if you sucked you could still save yourself and manage to run away
>>
File: chadvirgin.jpg (1.09 MB, 2518x1024)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
i want to go back
>>
Tomorrow it's 2 weeks since En Masse closed EMP sales and new player registration.
Bros, I have bad feelings about face to NA TERA. Whoever gets this rotting hulk has to make total relaunch.

It makes sense why they closed En Masse, EME only had two games and maintaining whole company for only TERA and some trash mobile games didn't make sense. So Kraftoon took over the consoles for themselves.
I just bet anyone (Gameforge) is not going to pay a lot for this dead game.
And they trust Krafton is not deliberately closing whole game that once had potential before EME incompetence killed it, and is prolly other of their two games that has ever made profit.
>>
where my old /terag/ bros at....... say something please
>>
File: Oh_youre_back2[1].png (2.59 MB, 1680x1050)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB PNG
>>
>>110067
No one played Pvp in it because it was so badly optimized an designed.
>>
You're all bunch of boomers.

Anyone knows how to add glitter to my hair?!
>>
>>116870
i can fuck your face then pull out an cum on your hair, pretty sure it will glitter for a while
>>
>>
Do you think if Tera NA closes (or GF will buy it - same effect) that maybe a (private) Classic Server could arrise?

Or that's pretty much impossible? I lost any hope of BHS/Krafton/GF making an longlasted Classic of VM1 content, not that garbage VM3 with reapers for 1 month EU version got (sorry, no idea if NA had a "classic" event)...
>>
>>116857
PvP was well made and well balanced. No one played it because free2play casualized EVERYTHING

>Pvp was popular when it was p2p
>>
>>119314
There's a spanish classic server, there could be others.
>>
>>108325
I live here and their "exclusive" servers for every other MMO are beginning to piss me off.
DDON was alright while it was alive though.
>>
once a great game but the retarded asian devs destroyed it
>>
>>112884
I'm here but I'm an Elin is that okay?
>>
Which game should i play if i want same combat feeling platying healer in tera...? I'm looking for a new mmo for so long
>>
>>119530
we do not discriminate here, even aman sluts are welcome if they exist
>>
>>119537
not quite sure what you meant but ESO has similar combat that relies on resource instead of cooldown management
>>
>>116515
I used to browse the threads in 2014 and joined one of the guilds, but I asked too many questions and some people said I was annoying. I never got heavily invested in the game because I found it unenjoyable to play on 200 ping - I live in New Zealand - and stopped after a few months.
>>
>>119607
yea, the game was unplayable with high ping. i still wonder how people from europe could play on na servers even if they hated gameforge.
>>
>>116838
god dammit
>>
>>120075
lo and behold a kelsaik reskin is apparently the new endgame boss
>>
File: NoName.png (810 KB, 579x1093)
810 KB
810 KB PNG
>>120046
I played on NA for some time (iirc I reached 60?65? on lancer) and I had ping ~120-130 which was more stable than on GF shit server (where I have 40-80ms)... On NA I think I never missed ShieldB->SpringA combo, which happened constantly on EU :)

>>119416
If we are talking about the same spanish one - that one has brawler content update so it's hardly classic ;) That's why I don't bother with it.

But well, everything depends how NA folks will be handled, maybe something will arise if EME/Krafton will really screw with you there (though I think I read somewhere that BHS is/was very fast and active in nuking and sueing all sorts of >private< servers, so chances are rather low)

Btw pic is from a ~2012 "Art of TERA" book, seems Lilith was designed to be implemented way earlier
>>
File: it was reddit tier.png (816 KB, 765x617)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
learn who you play with.
>>
>>121948
manlets?
elins are like 4' tops
>>
File: terag does science2.png (1.8 MB, 1392x947)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>123212
>>
File: imagine.jpg (1.08 MB, 1600x1552)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>123225
>that middle one
the horns would mage excellent handlebars too
>>
File: PVtg967.jpg (21 KB, 574x430)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>123225
i know that castanic.........
>>
>>123286
we all know that castanic and they posted into thread
>>
File: RoOjbWL_d.jpg (10 KB, 335x335)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>123291
huh
>they
anon we're all little girls here, come on
>>
>The expected timeframe for En Masse's TERA PC game servers to go offline is in October.

>En Masse updated service transfer info 15 days ago
>>
>>123444
October just started anon
>>
>>120420
yea eu had always shit ping around 60ms and it got only better in the recent years. to us i had a ping of 180 tho, and in dungeon or bg it spiked even to 300ms. people who played from germany told me the same so cant be just my connection. but who knows, germany is pretty shit anyway when it comes to internet infrastructure.
>>
butts?
>>
File: tera random butt 434.png (2.88 MB, 1440x900)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB PNG
>>124836
is this your own butt (based on filename) and not a saved butt
>>
File: tera random butt 543.png (2.75 MB, 1440x900)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>124855
saved unfortunately, clover just uses the default filenames
if you can post starting with 001
>>
File: tera random butt 742.jpg (734 KB, 1776x1000)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
these are not really in order but few random numbers added so my collection looks bigger than it is.
>>
File: devil_dance_ninja.jpg (1.41 MB, 1920x1080)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>124862
that's a shame
>>
>>123225
Default elins are actually around 4'10 based on the ~10 year old children in the game and the average height of ~10 year old children.
>>
File: 1505798703274.jpg (585 KB, 2048x1152)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
>>124855
this photo reminds me on something disgusting i saw back then.. i wonder how matsu is doing these days.
>>
>>126122
slutting it up on discord as usual
>>
Does anyone remember what that mmo was that had a crazy "These are the features coming in the future" trailer back in like 2010ish? Like player housing and shit.
I think it might have been an asian mmo. Maybe Aion or Tera. It was full of ridiculous tech demo promises that a late 2000s mmo could never hope to deliver and was curious if they ever died or delivered on any promises but cant remember the game

I just remember it was a trailer for a bunch of stuff they wanna add later
>>
>>126982
Well TERA had areas designed for housing in each capital (velika, alle, kaiator - those yellow rooms on maps) that never got used for anything and the whole idea seems got scraped during development...

But I don't reckon such trailer so can't say more.
>>
>>127850
those areas are now just used for erp
>>
Man, I remember playing this back when the Strikeforce set was the new hot shit and Alliance PvP was still a thing.
I miss those times, bros...
>>
>>124836
>>124855
>>124857
>>124858
>>124858
>>124860
>>124862
>>124866
>>126122

Do these translate to the in game community too?
If so I can see how it died. Undesirables like this would definitely kill a game.
>>
>>128432
the game died due to rehashing content and becoming unadulteratedly p2w, not because of the sluts you turbofaggot
>>
File: Elins saved Tera.png (669 KB, 979x1276)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>128432
Imagine being completely wrong. Oh wait, you don't need to imagine.
>>
>>128770
>NA is full of pedophiles
no surprises there
>>
>>128800
>NA
Japan
>>
>>128835
pedophiles regardless
>>
>>108319
Reminder PVP was removed. No more reason to play
>>
>>128892
huh
>>
>>108319
Its not even that good felt really generic.
>>
>>128892
this
>>
>>130317
pvp was tacked on as an afterthought
slutty outfits and sucking cocks was the endgame
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f63OO55sL2U
This ex-EME neckbeard dude has some interesting TERA stoof.
>>
File: High Elf Walk.webm (2.52 MB, 736x766)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB WEBM
>>108319
NA died, EU is still going though.

>Does anyone still play this
I still do. Sometimes. But "playing" is a big word.
>>
>>133705
I know that elf
>>
>>133718
who doesn't
>>
never got into tera or any "fast action MMORPG". what did i miss out on
>>
>>133904
high quality futa erp
>>
>>133904
A fast action MMORPG.
>>
>>134044
this
Also the best PvP in any MMO to this day and the highest skill ceiling PvE to this day
>>
waiting for tera classic, going to make 1 of every class probably
>>
>>134333
Is this confirmed somewhere? I'd happily play a classic version
>>
>>134333
isn't TERA Classic some trashy mobile game in korean and chinese. Or do you mean some permanent server with 2013-2014 content?
>>
File: 20160722_164635.jpg (3.33 MB, 4032x3024)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>126122
yeah, pretty gross alright...
>>
>>128770
>>128682
I was referring to the community dying, not the game.
It's filled with low-Testy pedos lol
>>
>>135242
>he plays video games
Low T hobby. Sad.

>he cares about video games "communities"
Now that's pathetic. Might as well start transitioning at this point.
>>
>>135420
>Low testy because video games?
No, because of Tera in specific, and Elin players.
Also, I don't know if it's because of this game or what, but half of the people I used to play with were 20+ and had squeeky baby voices.
So the low testy thing isn't just an insult, it's factual.

>Caring about an MMO community
Well, I mean yes? If a community is shit in a game where I community is needed, that comes off as very off putting.

It's fine though, do what you guys do in Tera but holy shit, try not to migrate that undesirableness to other games.
>>
>>135614
The community improved considerably after you and your low test squeaker friends left for other games.
>>
>>108325
And you will never be a woman
>>
>>135800
ERP elin pedo cope, kill yourself
>>
So did the NA servers actually die? Like shutdown? Seeing this thread kind of made me want to log in to my old elf and milk some cocks.
>>
>>135828
If your arguments are that your friends sucked and you don't like elins, why don't you just go enjoy those other games instead of posting in a thread you don't like and being upset?

>>136241
Nah, they're still up, but they were in maint on the 6th. Tera twitter's keeping everyone in suspense. One final fuck customer service from En Masse.
>>
I miss hanging out with all the cool dumplings, please come visit
>>
>>136241
>>136338
>En Masse announces that company is closing and all games moved to other publishers
>they close down payments
>they close down player registration
>they put this on their website and tell games shut down in October
After this, silence for 25 days now.

I watched some GuffyBear's twitch and youtubes and people on En Masse sound ok and smart, but hell they are horrible in their job.
This is literally core incompetence of EME. You could think everyone left company and they just left servers running, but in fact, they are still "working" there and getting paid.
>>
>>136364
don't you people have discord
>>
This was the last MMO i made real, random friends on. I remember when it went F2P and /terag/ was going kind of nuts and when I started my new character I just said "anyone wanna level with me?" in the thread and ended up playing with 4 randoms from 4chan and they were all cool enough. Only 3 stayed on longer term. Didn't even get to max level but I still think about leveling with these goofs whenever I think about MMOs.

shalom to Winterine, Buhzuhkuh, Bearly.
>>
>>136528
this but classic wow
>>
>Enmasse updated their TERA Service Moving Info page!
>get instant notification
>check page
>there is nothing new
>everything is still "More information coming soon; please check back for updates."
except now it's not "updated 1 month ago" but "updated XX minutes ago"

>try to push "Was this article helpful?": NO
>need to log on support page to do that
>cannot log on the support page to do that
I hate EME so much. I hope they all die in fire and/or due cancer in no particular order.
>>
>>138053
Well, they actually created new support page "En Masse Points (EMP) Transfer Information"
>TERA PC
>EMP balance transfers will begin following the service transfer on November 10. To make sure your EMP balance transfers, you must accept the terms for account transfer within the game client. The time frame to accept account transfer terms and make sure your EMP balance transfers is October 22 to December 21.
Server transfer happens in November, but they didn't say who is new publisher.
>>
Didn't notice before but this actually looks damn good.
Too bad they converted it into 3-man noob mode and removed mine cart travel.

Sadly this again looks like patch where you can only farm RR, RK9 and occasionally AQ (for half year now?)
>que GLS (hard)
>it actually pops
>tank tells he is noob and does it only for quest
>someone else tells he is noob too
>ask them if they saw guide or run training dungeon
>nope
>healer wants a kick
>someone else wants a kick too
>party disbands before first boss
Game would have more content to run if those 463 ilevel dungeons were nerfed a bit.
>>
File: fate of TERA Proxy.png (133 KB, 1301x733)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
Another nail in the coffin. Ofc this retard duped things and now he's mad bc banned and Gameforge is not giving his money back. I agree on he on 1st point, otherwise he's just venting.
Of course GF is not setting extra spare server just for testing, it'd cost them several thousand euros all included and it's not even their job to debug bluehole's spaghetti code.
>>
>>140786
gaghahaha holy shit this is great news
fuck the exploiting p2w scripters
money well spent on those $250 modules
>>
>unironically literally introducing an ASSFAGGOTS mode
what the fuck are they doing
>>
Annoucement is out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oSYCYLucto

https://gameforge.com/en-US/play/tera/news/e63bd3bf-268f-41e8-b88b-b9c25c74119c
>>
>no server interaction between NA and EU
We got flooded by Russians in dungeon and BGs but we can't have the NA people.
>>
I want server transfer between EU and NA so I can move costumes. GF doesn't allow it to/from SEA either.
>>
i only played this game in order to fap to female castanics
>>
>>143696
same except one castanic
>>
I'm sure GF taking over NA servers will make TERA great again.
>>
>>145885
might as well log in while proxy and unicast still work to bust a few nuts to gigantic castanic and elf milkers
>>
>>145885
Are they bringing back PVP? If not i dont think its gonna be revived.
>>
>>145995
Gameforge hates PVP. They won't allow even Guild vs. guild on Mystel, or they did, but they disabled it.
For some reason it's allowed on Russian server.
>>
>>145905
oh lord they do still work
god how I missed fat castanic ass and tits hnnnng
not quite the same without some pink encouraging whispers but it'll do
>>
Call me when they let the big dragon guys punch stuff finally.
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (230 KB, 1280x1831)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>make a female castanic, elf, human, amani and an elin
>keep them on starter island
>slutify with unicast
>get the best the game has to offer within 15 minutes
>>
anyone actually managed to log in enmasse migration site?
>>
>xTera dev is actually going to release a 64bit compatible version next week
my FUCKING dick

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.