[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vip/ - Very Important Posts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1647230178676.png (12 KB, 485x181)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
I recently got a 1 week ban for a small shitpost, but it was over something so minor and that would otherwise have gotten just a 1-day ban or AT MOST 3-days. By the way if you check the recent bans everyone only gets 3-days, you need to fuck up immensely to get 1 week.

So I appealed the ban and my appeal was denied, but the ban's justification was changed to this: "46 bans extends your current ban". Those were all for posting off-topic on /v/ which I would do like once a month.

Basically they seem to be keeping track of all my bans from ever since I purchased a pass (which was 4 years ago), and are using this to extend ban durations. How is this fair? We are being punished for paying for a pass. Even more than this, mods are making passes not viable for users with a lot of bans. A renewal is due next month and am planning to not renew it unless staff can clarify that they won't use a user's history of minor bans to make ludicrous bans in the future (what's next? 1 month for making an off-topic reply? permanent?)

This naturally wouldn't be possible without a pass, because most people's IP changes weekly.

Pic related is the ban justification. What are your thoughts?
>>
Update: I contacted a mod on the irc, they said this ban was a mistake because despite having 46 bans they happened over several years, so they lifted it. Still it's shitty that this can happen at all.
>>
kek why do bans stack?
the jannies are trannies and will ban over the dumbest of shit
>t. been banned over a dozen times for saying mutt on /v/ and /vg/ by some butthurt mod
>>
>>114573
>kek why do bans stack?
Apparently the ban history is to be taken in account when someone amassed a huge amount of bans in a short period of time. And in my case (46 bans over 4 years, so less than 1 per month) the mod shouldn't have stacked, but they didn't pay attention to the fact that bans were spread out thorough years.
The alarming thing here is that only pass users can amass a huge ban history thorough several years. I am not convinced whether that should really be a feature (it literally only serves to witch hunt pass users) or if the mod team should be orientated to pay attention to that detail. Even more alarming is that despite it being a mistake my appeal was denied, and I had to use the irc to get the mistake corrected.
>>
>>114565
addicted to 4chan
>>
>>114603
>addicted to 4chan
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>114564
same thing will happen if you have a static IP, you can always buy a new pass instead of renewing your current one.
>>
>>114614
>same thing will happen if you have a static IP
Yeah but it's different. Even static IPs change after a few months (unless you went out of your way to contract one with your ISP), and the mods can't just assume that all bans in a IP pertain to the same user (because it's 2022 and most ISPs make you share IPs with other people). And ultimately if you're using a static IP that's on you, right? It's like never cleaning your cookies. Just get a dynamic IP, just clean your cookies.

But with the pass you are paying to support the website. So what do we do? We just stop supporting the website? Not a smart move on 4chan's behalf but hey, I'll gladly drop my pass if that's what they want.

>buy a new pass instead of renewing your current one
This is tricky for a few reasons
First of all it is known that bans are registered on several mediums, including the pass, IP and cookies. If you don't use the new pass while looking after the other two elements, there is a chance that it will be linked to your old ban history thus rendering your effort useless.

But more importantly, I don't want to get a new pass because then I'd lose the oldfag "Since XXXX" seal.
>>
thats what you get for paying to post on 4chan idiot
>>
I am fairly sure that there are few enough pass users that the mods are familiar with each of us and roll their eyes and go "oh this faggot again" so I don't blame them for getting sick of our shit sometimes.

I probably have over a hundred bans by now
>>
>>114860
>few enough pass users
This is true. I get bullied 80% of the time I show my pass, at least on /vp/. But then again, half that board is underage
>>
>>114860
>>114865
I don't think pass users are that few, just that it's rare for pass users to show their pass
>>
File: bushido-blade-41302-1.jpg (83 KB, 1024x576)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>114564
>A renewal is due next month and am planning to not renew it
Have you seen the new nightmare mode captcha?
How will you cope?
>>
>>114879
what? you mean the sliding captcha? its been there since 2020
>>
Stop posting off-topic on /v/, retard
>>
>>114564
how the fuck did you get banned 46 times?
I've never been banned in 10+ years using 4chan. wtf
>>
File: 1620427328165.webm (2.39 MB, 1280x720)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB WEBM
>>114564
Just don't renew your pass you dumb faggot, buy a new pass every time it expires
Imagine having years of posting history linked to you, that's just stupid
What I do is, I use a temporary email, buy a new pass with bitcoin (direct from wallet, not via coinbase), and always post through a VPN, this way it's impossible to track my post history beyond a year, and anyway, it's impossible to track my pass to me.
>I don't want to get a new pass because then I'd lose the oldfag "Since XXXX" seal.
nobody cares about that, literally no one except you.
>>114879
there's a user script somewhere online that solves the captcha for you. just google it. it works >80% of the time
>>114912
jannies will ban you for the most retarded shit. you're just not based if you've never been banned.
>>
>>114916
>jannies will ban you for the most retarded shit.
sure, could you give us any examples of 'retarded shit' you got banned for?
>>
File: 1624767195380.jpg (1.41 MB, 1289x1167)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>114917
they'll ban me again if I do that
>>
>>114912
you probably don't shitpost or post off-topic
I do that about once per month and almost always get a 24h ban out of it. Hence 46 bans over 48 months.
>>
OP here, just got banned again for 3 days, good, seems they dropped the 7 days thing
>>
>>114953
banned for what?
>>
>>114954
Made an off-topic thread (One Piece thread)
>>
File: 1579809800898.jpg (75 KB, 824x800)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>114564
>>114860
This happened to me. I consistently make /tv/ jannies seethe and they revoked my previous pass for spamming soijak in a thread
>>
thats a lot of bans
>>
File: 1605722492406.jpg (109 KB, 622x610)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>114995
Unfathomably based.
>>
>>115003
did you really be a pass user for a decade
>>
I forgot how long I had mine for.
>>
huh
>>
>>115003
4 times a year is a lot?
>>
>>114573
I'm literally American and I made an America joke about prostitutes being illegal in the land of freedom and got banned so now I can't post on /v/ for April fool's

Jannies confirmed oversensitive snowflakes
>>
>>114620
This, think I'll just use a VPN from now on
Thanks for your moderation, now the site loses my money :)
Good job jannies
>>
>>115143
no come back
>>
>>115142
>zoomzoom can't enjoy his epic emojis
SAD
>>
this
>>
File: 20220428_112739.jpg (346 KB, 1080x2220)
346 KB
346 KB JPG
>>115142
You think that's bad I had my friend say that 4chan is turning into reddit instant ban and weird shit.
>>
>>114574
>less than 1 per month
is this nigga serious?
I'm averaging less than 1 ban per DECADE
>>
>>114564
Is there an easy tutorial to talk to mods on IRC? I want to become a mod but /a/ hasn't accepted new mods for what seems like years now.
>>
>>114916
>>I don't want to get a new pass because then I'd lose the oldfag "Since XXXX" seal.
>nobody cares about that, literally no one except you.
people do care about that. you don't because you're a coping 2022 faggot. now bow down to my gigaoldfag pass
>>
>>116513
1. never refer to mods by name, instead call them "faggot"
2. constantly remind them that as as paying customer you are right about everything
3. post your IP publicly, instead of in a private message
4. be as cute as possible, while maintaining an air of arrogance and superiority
>>
>>116549
How do I see
>4chan pass since
>>
>>116550
All you have to tell them is become a hero!!
>>
>>114564
there is though a perk with posting with passu though

Posting without a pass
>ip banned when logged out a pass
Cannot post
>ip banned when logged into a pass
Cannot post
>ip banned from another ip while logged into a pass
√ can post

Posting with a pass
>ip banned when logged out of a pass
√ can post
>ip banned when logged into the pass
cannot post
>ip banned from another ip when logged into the pass
cannot post
>>
It's true also if you have the same opinion as the person who was ban your ban for 'ban evading'
>>
File: brown sauce ban.png (183 KB, 1920x1080)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>114564
It's not a pass thing. This happened to me prior to getting a pass
>>
>>114564
That means you need to buy more passes.
>>
>>116718
True mods follow you across boards

>>116825
No this the last time I renew my pass let this site die. A new will replace it.
>>
File: bushido blade.jpg (111 KB, 854x480)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>114888
>its been there since 2020
Yes. 2020 is new to me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.